Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. We just started Amy's news about this coin toss that gives Trump the final word, and I'm like, how does that work? How do they do the coin toss? You know, it's not like Trump and commal are in a room together meeting at the fifty yard line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, We've been looking that up and haven't been able to find that detail. But at best, there are two campaigns I'm assuming are on a phone call with some type.
Speaker 3: Of ABC News official, Right, they pick heads or tails.
Speaker 2: Like a zoone caller. He won, Yeah, that coin toss, so that it's kind of like the you know, do you want to kick or receive? So he chose to have the final closing statement.
Speaker 1: He had he got to choose either podium placement or closing statement order, right, and he opted to go last, so he'll get the last word, which means she gets the selection of podium positioning and she has chosen to be on the right side of the screen. And to your question, does it even matter? Some people would say, as it matters, you know, sixty percent of the time. When you're on the right, people view your performance is more favorable. And I'm making that up, but that's probably a stat somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no opening statement, which is interesting, although I guess people are familiar with the two candidates by now, a lot of rules, a lot of rules. Wouldn't you love to be one of the moderators though? Oh yeah, I mean that'd be like a dream assignment for me. We talked about that a little bit on the nine o'clock hour. Kinds of questions you would ask because you can't ask each They cannot ask each other questions. They can't address each other, which to me is very limiting. I think that would make it much more interesting.
Speaker 1: There's a way to lay something down on the table that the moderator has to pick up and roll with into the next question.
Speaker 2: Right, But they keep talking about her as being the prosecutor, and when you're a prosecutor you get to question people and grill them and put them on. To me, it's almost to me, well, it's going to be more like a confrontation than a debate.
Speaker 1: You said, there's no opening statement, But she's a prosecutor. She can turn anything into an opening statement, So she'll take the first question and turn it into.
Speaker 3: An opening statement. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: An update now from the fire lines, Blake Trolley is at the fire where they say more than thirty six thousand structures are threatened. And what's the vibe up there. Does it seem like people are still taken off or roads crowded?
Speaker 3: What's going on, Blake?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think roads are is crowded as you'd imagine, because I think a lot of people really took these evacuation orders seriously. I was just looking at an interactive map that was set to be by cal fire in the last hour, Shannon. When you look at this fire, especially where it came up to Running Springs, it was just below the hill from Running Springs, and as you know heat fire, it moves uphill. So the fact that this fire came right up to, you know, the other side of the ridge from that town is really concerning, and I would imagine that there wasn't much convincing officials had to do for you know, people to get out of the area. One of the updates I want to give you guys. You know, we got that positive news overnight that they were able to put three percent containment down on this fire, and again they were crediting cooler temperatures, higher humidity for that activity, even some rainfall. What we're being told right now is that, yeah, fire activity is starting to pick up. So when you ask about vibe, we are starting to see more smoke. So I'd asked, how fire well, are you guys concerned about this and they said, actually, no, the smoke is moving in a way that is actually allowing aircraft to conduct water drops. The thunderstorm activity has remained quiet, and this is really big with this fire. There are fifteen helicopters right now working this working this fire, and this is a fire that ground crews are really having challenges getting to. So, you know, news that the aircraft are having an easy time right now getting watered down on this fire does have fire officials somewhat positive. That said, it's still a highly unpredictable fire and we still have the hottest of today to come.
Speaker 2: What are we talking about in terms of temperatures there now? So right now it's starting to pick up. You really started to see it pick up in the last you know, a few minutes. It's in the nineties where I'm sitting right now in.
Speaker 4: Kaipa, and yeah, you're really starting to feel that temperature raise. And today, you know, we could see triple digits. And keep in mind in the higher elevations. If you look at where this fire slowed down last night, it was in the higher elevations where they have those cooler temperatures. When you start getting down into what they're calling the thermal belt, the lower part of this fire, they are saying that fire activity is still moving really fast.
Speaker 3: So you know, Phil, we've got another warm day.
Speaker 4: Today's going to be I believe the last of the super you know warm days out here, but nonetheless that.
Speaker 3: Proves a big threat as they move forward.
Speaker 1: Blake Trolley, thank you for the fire coverage. Appreciate it, all right, Thanks guys, all right, and we will be out there. KFI News will be throughout the day. Corbyn Carson will be covering the afternoon into the evening out there as well. So keep it here for all the information about that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when they say thirty six thousand homes threatening, I mean that's a huge number, right, but I think right now it's really burning in the mountain sides.
Speaker 1: Right, Yes, but yeah, they like Blake said, running Springs was a problem, but now they're looking at other force falls.
Speaker 3: I believe. Is there area. Yeah, there's a lot of small communities there in the mountains.
Speaker 1: And the mountain people are good. They've been through this jel, they know what to do.
Speaker 2: This is one of the you know, pros and cons of living in southern California.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: We have beautiful weather, we have fires, we have beaches, we have earthquakes, we have you know, things to do, we have traffic, we have crime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, it's a trade off. It's a trade off. Did you hear about that woman they found up near Sacramento. She was camping with friends and she wanted to go home early, and so she starts like walking I guess, I don't know to her car or wherever, and she gets lost. She spent twelve days alone, lost in this remote area, like an hour out of Sacramento, and they found her dehydrated, that alive.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. Twelve days. That's a long time.
Speaker 1: And then I'm always fascinated by those people who say I can't wait to go on my next hike or what have you. I mean, if I get lost in the woods for twelve days, there is no camping. There is no hiking. There is no walking down the street for me anymore. I Am going to go from home to car and stay in civilization for the rest of my days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, that's so unusual that that that had a good outcome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, twelve days.
Speaker 2: You can't survive without water for twelve days, so obviously the water sources there.
Speaker 3: She was young and healthy. And where do you find water though? Like streams?
Speaker 1: You know. That's why I was fascinated by the Hunger Games, all those little kids living off the land, Like I wouldn't know where to find water a stream and then and then whether there's an amoeba fill, Like what if something starts eating my book?
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to gamble on it. In those circumstances. How do you know which water is okay to drink? You don't. You don't.
Speaker 2: That's why you have your you know, declarent your chlorine tablets with you and your you know, water decontamination tablets.
Speaker 3: I doubt this woman has no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the search was over at that point, right, I mean, you don't search for twelve days.
Speaker 1: And then the animals, the animals get you if you can't find anyway.
Speaker 3: I digress.
Speaker 1: All right, a manhunt continues in eastern Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Do you hear about this? Terrifying?
Speaker 1: This was a shooting on Saturday on I seventy five, several shootings. Five people were seriously injured when this shooter opened fire along a stretch of the freeway. Investigators say they did recover an AR fifteen rifle from the woods near the freeway. Also confirmed that this guy, thirty two year old Joseph Couch, is the man they're looking for. Obviously armed and dangerous. This was somebody who served four years in the National Guard. Schools there have made the decision to call off classes today as that search continues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just another day in our violent country.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So power outages because of all of the heat have caused some problems. My father in law, he's ninety, and we get the phone call last night that his air conditioning is broken. Now, you know, if your air conditioning breaks in the summer, it's gonna be hard to get somebody out right away with the parts and everything. So it's kind of like a mad dash to home depots. Do you have swamp coolers? What?
Speaker 3: You know? What are we going to do?
Speaker 1: Because the house now is ninety four degrees inside and you can't have so what did you do? What happened was his caretakers were able to go and find.
Speaker 3: A conditioning unit. Oh really and wow and set it up.
Speaker 1: So but we were going to have that just take him to a hotel room, Sure that has air.
Speaker 3: What about your host my house?
Speaker 1: We were pretty far away, so it would have been easier just to get a local.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know during the day.
Speaker 2: I have to say the city and the county have done a good job of the cooling centers and promoting the locations of the cooling centers and extending the hours you can go online.
Speaker 3: It's multiple different ways to find it.
Speaker 1: I was listening to Neil and Marla, they were filling in and I was driving around and they were talking about this and I don't remember if it was. It wasn't last week because I wasn't in town, so I was about a few weeks ago anyway, and they were it was another heat wave talking about the cooling centers. I feel like the only time cooling centers is in a conversation is when we're on the air, whether it's TV or I.
Speaker 3: Mean, in your real life. How often to talk about a freaking cooling centa. Well, it's because it's an emergency.
Speaker 2: But I've gone you know, we've covered those cooling centers and usually there's about three people in them.
Speaker 3: This time it's they're more more I think utilized.
Speaker 2: But it's typically at a community center or a senior center.
Speaker 1: I just in real life, cooling centers is not something that ever comes up. And when Neil and Marla were talking about it, and I forget which one said something like, oh, and check on your elderly neighbors. And Neil says to Marla, when's the last name you for check on your elderly neighbors?
Speaker 3: And here's the thing. She's like.
Speaker 1: It was such a real perfect moment, and she was like, no, I have it.
Speaker 2: Well, we've all we've all been assigned the hot weather story to do for the news, right, and you know a lot of times I say, look, it's Los Angeles, it's the summer, it's hot, it's the face, get it. But these temperatures have been extreme, I mean record setting, and you can't really make fun of it because people you know, have died.
Speaker 3: Sure, so it's obviously a serious problem. We don't really do those things.
Speaker 1: It's like, it's like the the alert that comes on with the emergency system and it says, you know, and when it's raining, turnaround, don't drown, you know, check on your elderly neighbors.
Speaker 3: And the cooling centers.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, I mean, do we really have to remind people to hydrate right at this point in our lives?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 2: You know, you watch the news and you're listening to the news, and they'll be like a graphic with hot weather tips, you know, like those things we were just talking about. It's like, Okay, come on, let's not insult the intelligence of the audience. But look, it's still important information and maybe there are some people out there, the.
Speaker 3: People that don't get it. At this point, we kind.
Speaker 1: Of surround ourselves with people that are intelligent, and the fact of the matter is there are people that need those tips and they do need to be told to hydrate.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, power outages.
Speaker 2: There's still some power outages. I'm looking at southern California. Edison says that there are about three thousand customers impacted still Monday morning. The LADWP says there's seventy eight hundred customers without power, and you know, you're just sitting there in the heat, wondering like when is it going to come back?
Speaker 3: Do we have to leave?
Speaker 2: Do we have to go to an airbnb? Should I go to the beach? Do I go to the cooling center? And then we have a neighborhood email group, which is good, and it's like I called Southern California. I call the DWP to report it. It's like, Okay, I think they know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: But we went to France when they had their record breaking heat wave a couple of years ago, and all through France there's no air conditioners. It's just not built for because it's never gotten that hot in the history.
Speaker 3: And so there's just what people do.
Speaker 1: You just if you find a stream, like when you're lost camping, and we did that, we would go in to fund like water or what have you, or just be outside hoping for a breeze something like that. But like you said, to your point, there's a lot of places in Southern California that just don't have air conditioning.
Speaker 3: When I lived in the Marina, we didn't have an air conditioner.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm thinking about schools also, I'd say ninety plus percent of LAUSD schools from now air conditioned, but there's still districts. I was reading about Torrents. Most of the schools are in air condition so they're doing half days.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yeah, yeah, because when you think of Torrents, you think of the breeze off the ocean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking at you know. I think the invention of air conditioning change the world.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, yea refrigeration.
Speaker 2: Let's see, what would you say the top five inventions that change the world are in modern times?
Speaker 3: Oh? Horn, I mean the Internet? It did? The Internet? Okay? Is one? Internet is bad? We should turn it off. Yes, I've always been advocating for that.
Speaker 1: Cell phones, electricity, let's not sleep on electricity. Cell phones, yes, cell phones, air conditioning. You know what, we should all go back to just flip phones. That way we can get in touch with each other, but we don't.
Speaker 2: Well, this is one of my favorite topics really, especially because we've spent a lot of time talking about this in context of schools and this shooter in Georgia and bullying and yeah, yeah, cell phones should absolutely not be in schools. No, that seems like not even open for discussion.
Speaker 3: We talked about it a few weeks ago.
Speaker 1: The conversation of should cell phones be allowed at work and the amount of productivity that has lost because us adults are just as bad as the kids.
Speaker 3: We're all addicted. We're all right.
Speaker 2: Saying two people are sitting here with their cell phones next to us, right, idiots.
Speaker 3: All right? Coming up next.
Speaker 1: I read this article over the weekend in the La Times about Eric Garcetti and his political future. We're talking about Gavin Newsome, and you know, it could not be It may not be good for Eric Garcetti because he has that ambassadorship to India, which is near and dear to Kamala Harris's heart, so she probably don't want to put her own person in there. So does Garcetti come back to La? What's next? Tyreek Hill of the Financis, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 1: Wide receiver, probably the most famous, the best Miami Dolphin handcuffed places face down on a street outside the stadium yesterday. He was stopped for speeding and reckless driving right before the dolphins first game of the season. He was confused about what had happened. This has resulted in a police officer being placed on admin leave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's an update. To that story that happened since yesterday right.
Speaker 1: The officer was one of at least three involved in detaining him. Some fans saw this all go down, captured this on video on the way to the game.
Speaker 3: It went viral on social media.
Speaker 1: He was told after the game Tyreek was that the officer was placed on leave and said that should tell you everything you need to know.
Speaker 3: I mean handled it really well.
Speaker 1: I think the walkoff interview with the CBS stage did Yes. The reporter asked him and he was like, I don't know what happened, and he's just you know, he had a platform to say this was ridiculous, and I could have lined.
Speaker 3: He could have blasted the police and made accusations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he took the high road, but he he was pulled over about a block from the stadium in this high end exotic sports car.
Speaker 3: Who doesn't know who Tyreek Hill is. Well, you don't know what happened.
Speaker 2: We don't know what happened. We know what he said. He claims he didn't say anything that you know, was not safe for work. He was placed in handcuffs, not He says he doesn't know why. Then some of his teammates who were also coming came to his defense. Kalay Campbell, who's about like six six three hundred, was putting. So we don't know what happened, but the police one at least one office has been placed on administrative leave, so that that is significant. So, you know, you try to give the cops the benefit of the doubt, at least I do. I don't know if you do, but it seems like a situation that could have been handled much differently, similar to that Scottie Scheffler one at the golf tournament months ago.
Speaker 1: Stocks are surging on Wall Street, bit of good news for you, but now currently up five point fifty six NASDAK has been up over one hundred points at times as well. This is coming as the Fed is set to make an announcement on interest rates later this month, widely expected that it will make a cut.
Speaker 2: This is despite the Biden Harris economic disaster, right exactly. So this is the difference that the Republicans want to keep your money and the Democrats want to take you.
Speaker 3: They want to spend it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, public want you to keep your money, right, but they want to I mean, that's way too simplistic. I got in trouble for saying that exact same thing. Listener pointed out that that was very black and white. And you know, you can say that Republicans are selfish and it's the Democrats that want to help people. And I said, okay, sure, that's just as black and white.
Speaker 3: But I wasn't your husband.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, So Eric Garcetti, right, he was deeply loyal to President Biden. He got that ambassadorship to India, and incomes Kamala Harris, whose mother was born in India. She's probably gonna want to make her own pick for ambassador. So that kind of makes Eric Garcetti the odd man out.
Speaker 2: It does, and it doesn't because what if he's doing a great job. I mean, we haven't gotten much coverage of it in this country since he actually was appointed, which took a long time because of controversies with his background.
Speaker 1: But what do you really do as an ambassador other than events and ceremonies and palm and circumstance stuff, Like, what's the actual work that you do?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I think a lot of it is ceremonial, yes, but you're the top essentially top official representing the United States in that country. And then of course there's a lot of clandestine things with the CIA and other organizations that work out of a consulate or an embassy that you have to be aware of. So yeah, I mean they do a lot of work, but really it's I think it's more trade policy and things in that general realm.
Speaker 3: It'd be a fun job.
Speaker 1: US India experts. This is from the LA Time said that Garcetti has largely done a good job in the complex role of ambassador. The Indian government accused of having a role in the killing of a sheik activist in British Columbia, a plot to kill another activist in New York. Indian Prime minister, a Hindu nationalist, is accused of opponents by opponents of hate speech against Muslims. Western leaders have questioned India's relationship with Russia, and they say that Eric Garcetti has been a steady hand through all of this.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's his reputation, wouldn't you say steady hand? I mean, I think when he left Los Angeles, I think his reputation was on the downswing. I don't know how justified that was, was largely due to the homeless crisis.
Speaker 1: Personally, I always liked Eric Garcetti covering him, he was always very He's an open door, an open door, access accessible and always and friendly and took the time to, you know, explain things I like in him, kind of to Tom McClintock when I worked in Sacramento in terms of an open door and you know, the very smart people who will make time to explain things in detail, and that's always nice when you're a reporter. But I really think that the whole scandal about his aid ruined his reputation with Jacob Rick Jacobs because it just didn't go away, and it keeps getting more oxygen in New Life. Recently it did, Yeah, the new doncumenty. NPR did a series recently, So, I mean, the.
Speaker 2: Basic accusation was that he looked the other way as this top aid sexually harassed people.
Speaker 3: Right for his own political future, right.
Speaker 2: Which he denied under oath I think two separate times, which delayed his approval as the ambassador to India.
Speaker 1: If you have somebody that's your AID though, and is working that closely with you, and they're into weird stuff, you would know.
Speaker 2: It, right, which which goes again, That's what you and I both just said, was that He seemed like an open, honest guy, but he strongly denied it, so he could have also said, yeah, you know, I should have been more forceful in dealing with it when it came to my attention. I never really heard him say anything like that. He just flat out right said I didn't know, yeah, which is hard to believe exactly. I would have liked that response better, but saying it's hard to believe cast doubts on his honesty, which has never really been in question.
Speaker 3: So it's a tough one. It's a tough one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you get to have plausible deniability if someone's that close to you. It's almost like the well, then you're a fool if you didn't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well in this day and age, yes, you know, this goes back I think twenty years almost, and you know, like, if you're here with Gary, you're responsible for everything Gary does?
Speaker 3: No? Is he responsible for everything you do? Know? I mean you might see things that you choose to ignore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's always hands on, he's patrol around here. It's awful.
Speaker 2: But the future Eric Arsetti is a really smart, smart, dedicated, motivated individual. And if he doesn't come back, if he doesn't keep his ambassadorship to India. I'd love to see him come back to southern California or California in some way and go back to work, you know, trying to make our lives better, whether that's in a local role or statewide role, or maybe even in private industry.
Speaker 3: I mean, he could do anything. Really.
Speaker 1: Here's some big news, big development out of Moscow, Idaho. There will be a change of venue in the trial of the Ques murderer, Brian Coburger. The judge, John Judge is his name. How do you have a last name like Judge and not end up like a judge?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: It's pretty common last name actually, but that's just it's funny when that happens. The judge okayed the defense's motion to change the venue today. Lawyers for Coburger cited a mob mentality as the reason they wanted a low cation change from that town where the University of Idaho is. Of course, he's accused of killing those four students in their off campus house a couple of years ago. Trial is set to begin in June, but we don't know where it will be taking place, just that it will not be there. I've got news you can use. Phil guess who wants to make a return to the NFL. Tom Brady, No, we're going to talk about that is Aaron Donald. No, Troy Aikman. I said news you can use. Oh would that be a Bill Belichick? Yes, sir, he already has like six jobs. According to ESPN, Bill Belichick would like to return to coaching in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: If the right situation is Availa. Why is that news? He's always said that he.
Speaker 1: Had numerous opportunities to join various staffs this past off season, but opted to take the year off.
Speaker 3: See that little girlfriend.
Speaker 1: He's got, Well, when you say little, I mean young.
Speaker 3: Well she's over twenty one. Well, okay, set the bar. I I think she's twenty four.
Speaker 1: He's only seventy two, So that works out.
Speaker 2: Well. Look, first of all, obviously he's not going to join someone else's staff as an assistant coach.
Speaker 3: At this point in his career, he's.
Speaker 1: Fifteen wins away from breaking don Culo's record.
Speaker 2: You know he wants that, Yeah, all time, that'd be awesome. Yeah, how could you not?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So he's seventy two, so how many more years does he have? He was disappointed by the fact that he didn't get a head coaching offer Atlanta interviewed I think a couple of times, and that was the only one. First of all, he makes a ton of money, right, and he wants total control. Didn't even have a general manager when he was in New England. Yeah, and I don't think that he would be considered like a charming people person.
Speaker 3: He is not.
Speaker 2: So when you know when owners, rich owners want a coach who's going to suck up to them and you know, tell him how great they are, and that's not.
Speaker 3: Him, You're right, So quite the opposite. I think any team would be lucky to have him personally, did you ever see the matter?
Speaker 1: I would rather somebody like Bill Belichick come in and take over the Falcons then somebody who's gonna be nice to me.
Speaker 2: Well it depends what what do you what's the bottom line in professional sports?
Speaker 3: Winning? Thank you? Winning? Right?
Speaker 2: It's not a popularity contest, right, So yeah, I think his future is uh is bright when it comes to head coaching.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll see.
Speaker 2: I mean, how many there were several openings after last season. There's always there's always a spot for him.
Speaker 1: We were talking about Ryan Seacrest taking over the helmet the Wheel of Fortune and the difference of Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. I think the host makes a game show. And so I loved Alex on Jeopardy, and I loved feeling dumb night after night.
Speaker 3: It was funny.
Speaker 1: You know, if my husband's in the room, and you know, it'll come up sports teams in the eighties or winning teams in the eighties, and I have and I answer them all regardlessly, and I'll look over hoping to get like a wow, that was great, and he has.
Speaker 3: Left the room. Yeah, come come back to me.
Speaker 2: And category intelligence, what about say, eighteenth century European literature?
Speaker 3: How do you do on that one?
Speaker 1: Is that like the Canterbury Tales or something? I don't know, ye, Chaucer, No, I'm horrible at that. But we were talking about the difference between Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. Will Fortune is kind of like the dumb People's game, right, the contestants it's not even the same, it's not in the same stratosphere, right, But the people are so user friendly on Wheel of Fortune.
Speaker 3: They're affable, they.
Speaker 1: Say they say things like, you know, ye, well, I've never watched an entire episode, never watched an episode of Wheel of Force, not from start to finish.
Speaker 3: That is insane.
Speaker 1: Why I mean, I'm not saying it's bad, it's just I feel like I've watched so much of it, and my grandmother loved it, so we'd watch it after.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a cultural thing. It is a cultural thing.
Speaker 2: And there's pop speaking of culture, pop culture Jeopardy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're so dumb as a people that we only have pop culture intelligence. Now, well, we can't get into eighteenth century literature.
Speaker 3: You look.
Speaker 2: For example, I worked for Extra for several years before I went to Fox eleven. I hear the little Extra Jenk Extra, and at that time Extra was doing entertainment and news, so I was one of the news reporters along with people like Gina Silva, who's a great reporter. Laurence Sanchez you might remember that name, worked there for a while. And so the show's like Extra and Inside Edition, which still does news but entertainment, Tonight Access Hollywood TMZ, which is a sort of different cat. You watch this stuff and maybe it's because we're not twenty, but it's like, who cares about this information?
Speaker 3: You're talking about you because you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Pop culture, right, And it's like, you know, Kanye and his wife were what restaurant?
Speaker 3: Who's dating who? I mean, a lot more people care about that than care about the debate tomorrow night exactly. Yeah. Well, and is what do we make of that?
Speaker 1: I don't know, because here's the thing, when you're talking to your friends and stuff, if you're mostly talking about you know, the the the Mormons, swinging wives and the new reality show that they have over the debate, Like, I don't know if I want to live in a world where everyone's just talking about politics and serious news all the time and casual conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I understand that, but I just feel like that I want people to be aware of it, but I just don't want to be hit over the head with it.
Speaker 2: I just feel like the emphasis on unnecessary information is a little bit out of out of proportion. Yes, you know, yeah, you nailed it. And I just don't know that that makes us, you know better? Right, I'm about making us better? Is that so wrong?
Speaker 3: You bringing the people together? That's so wrong? Phil loves love.
Speaker 2: That's why, Like, you know, a guy like Tom Brady I love because he wants to.
Speaker 3: Be the best Patriots fan I know.
Speaker 2: And if I if I wasn't a Patriot fan, maybe i'd feel feel differently.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you this a quick look. You can appreciate that for excellence, excellence. And one of my friends said to me, I can't wait to see Tom Brady in the booth and tell him how much he sucks. So you always tell me when she sucks, and I go, tom Brady doesn't suck. Say what you will about Tom Brady, but he was committed to detail and excellence and he nailed it season after season with different teams and the whole bit. So no, but I didn't think that he hit it out of the park with this broadcast because I think he was trying to be a broadcaster and not just Tom Brady the football player.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think it's a learning curve.
Speaker 2: He certainly can do better, but I think for his first game he was good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, that's a.
Speaker 2: Difficult job anyway you and I'd rather have you say less than more.
Speaker 1: I remember having an audition for it was actually a TV station up in Seattle, and I had to talk through or call the play by play of the highlight. Right, so it's a play I've seen, it's played out. I'm going to go to the package and talk your way through it what you're seeing on the screen. That is really hard to do, and you don't know it. If you're just a sports fan and you think you can do that, and then you get out there and you try to do that, it's impossible. And he struggled with that when he was trying to kind of talk the viewers through what they were seeing in a highlight a review of a play.
Speaker 3: It's very hard to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he'll only get better. And I think we live in a personality driven culture.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: We're talking about Ryan Seacrest, We're talking about Ken Jennings, we're talking about political leaders. And so Tom Brady, you know, is a marque name. What's what's the NFL? It's a TV show, yes, right, and he's a star. So he's going to bring more people to the to the television.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 4: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app