Speaker 1: Okay, all right, here we go, Come on, come on, good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen, see.
Speaker 3: It's Ryan.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is Wakey, Wakey, Hands off cup Cakey's Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 3: Throwback Thursday?
Speaker 1: Is it the first time we've ever had four songs to choose from on Throwback Thursday?
Speaker 3: Maybe we've done it once before.
Speaker 1: It is a Buzzfest edition of Throwback Thursday, A stabbing Westward Evans, Blue Pod, Blue October. All in there, keeping Chavelle and Manson off the lists? Interesting, All right, that's up already, Voting is on and underway. Emails are coming in. You know today is reading My Lipstick Alice Chili. The boys are at it again. They'll play at A twenty this morning. One of them will get you in the pit for Buzzfest. Chili doesn't like when there's a huge prize in there. He feels the extra pressure in there.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, Matt, you're gonna make me work hard.
Speaker 1: I got Norm upset of the Year yesterday's game.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He's a one time Hall of Famer. But Kenny did Kenny lose? Did Norm win? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Norm's here today, that's for sure. He's going for win number two, fresh out of bad head to head challenge Gasolete Anthem County Crows tickets on the Fun Fact.
Speaker 3: Flashback six point thirty five.
Speaker 1: Alice Cooper Judas Priest tickets at seven twenty. I had a million other things we got to cover today on the show. Only a ten percent chance of ram.
Speaker 2: Partly cloudy height in ninety three.
Speaker 3: Good morning, mope, Okay, good morning. What are Houston's headlines? President Donald Trump met the South African president in the White House yesterday. It was wild. Would you call it tense fraud?
Speaker 1: I just I call it not given af and just Trump said, listen, it's movie time like we were in school.
Speaker 3: It did feel like that, Dan, and.
Speaker 2: You got excited when they rolled in the TV.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what Trump did.
Speaker 1: They're having a meeting and all of a sudden said Trump said, dimmlites.
Speaker 3: We're gonna watch this video.
Speaker 2: And then he said, hey, I'm going to show you a video.
Speaker 3: Here the video. It's a video claiming it proved white genocide against South African farmers. The South African president was like, no, no, no, this is not what you're saying he denied all the allegations, calling it crime yes, but not a government policy issue. Elon Musk was also in the room. He was born in South Africa. He stayed quiet, but he looked super visibly upset. The visit was intended to improve relations. Not sure if that's what happened. They did joke. There was like a couple lighthearted moments during the visit when the South African president said he wished the country could give Trump a plane like Katar did.
Speaker 2: Oh, we did get that plane, right, we did.
Speaker 4: Temporarily.
Speaker 3: Well we have it. I mean it's a four hundred million dollar plane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we've officially accepted it and they're going to start working on it to be air Force one.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, interesting uh. Harris County Judge Lena Hidalgo is in making headlines because she wants to use more than twenty thousand dollars in taxpayer dollars for an economic trip to Paris, but some commissioners think it should be funded a different way. Today they will meet and this is on the agenda. The line item says twenty three thousand, three hundred dollars has been requested by Hidalgo for a delegation travel thing. She's going to Paris for a week, and at first all the details were super limited because Hidalgo said it's a security concern. The argument, these are public funds. You need to be completely transparent and open with the money.
Speaker 2: You don't want to say where she was going with that money?
Speaker 3: What correct? All?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: What else?
Speaker 4: Pizza?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that feeling you just had was just a proven trend. Pizza can ease and stress our stress and boost our moods. It's a new study out of England. It says the smell of freshly baked pizza can significantly reduce stress and boost your mood. Forty two percent of participants said just smelling it made them feel comforted.
Speaker 2: Is it your favorite food?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: What is your favorite food?
Speaker 4: Welly enchiladas?
Speaker 3: Is pizza in the top five?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: But I I like food wild, I love food and I like pizza. I like it, It's just not my top five. Does it make you so happy just talking about it?
Speaker 8: Right now?
Speaker 4: Are you starving?
Speaker 3: I love that pizza right now, so there's nothing better.
Speaker 9: Hew.
Speaker 3: You know who Michael Bay is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Transformers, Yes, I think, I mean that's why I know his name.
Speaker 4: I think, okay, ready for this, Get ready for this.
Speaker 3: We know Michael Bay's name, but the kids know a thing called Skibbity Toilet. It started out as these like eleven second YouTube videos. It's a man's head sticking out of a toilet and singing. It's like a mega viral franchise. Now hundreds of videos and actual plot of this toilet guy and other characters. And for some reason, Michael Bay knows about this and he has agreed to make a movie about it, Skibbity Toilet the Movie. Finally, well, I do a lot of research, Deac, like I knew what I was talking about for that Skibbitty Toilet. Michael Bay, thank you, You're welcome night. You're so hip and cool, Rod, your kid's gonna know it all right. During an interview this week Shine Down, the lead singer Brent Smith dropped a little hint that I think fans will be excited about. He said, the band has been working on their eighth album. Of course, they're about seventy five percent finished, but you don't have to wait for that. They're thinking they'll have two new songs this summer before the album is completely done. Are you pumped yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean that seems to be the trend now, just release a little bit at a time. Bands are putting out three, four, sometimes five songs before the album comes out because I think that people are because they just assume people aren't flying the whole album.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're just driven by the singles.
Speaker 4: The thing is, they're here August twenty seventh.
Speaker 3: So will we get these new songs before they're at the Toyota Center. We don't know, but you're not gonna want to miss at Toyota Center dot com. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Well, I forget bushes opening up with Morgan Morgan Wade.
Speaker 3: Morgan Wade, who's a girl? She is?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Obvious? What you got over there? In sports? Oh well, they Ashos felled the Rais yesterday eight to four.
Speaker 5: Tonight they'll open up be four game serious with the Mariners on the road dancement Colors will be on the man for the shows going up against Seattle's George Kirbey.
Speaker 3: First pitched at seven to ten.
Speaker 5: You can listen to that one over on our sister station's Sports Talk seven ninety News Radio seven forty KTRAH. In basketball, the Pacers got by the Nixon OT one thirty eight to one thirty five. In Game one of the Eastern Conference Finals, Indianez Tyrese Haliburton hit a buzzer beater to send the game into overtime and then they just dominated when overtime came in there and the Stanley Cup Playoffs Stars came back from down three to one to beat the Wailers six to three.
Speaker 3: Your Canadian teams are just with it. They're not mine.
Speaker 5: You. I hold you absolutely responsible for anything the Oilers do we not do. But they absolutely choked that one away and.
Speaker 3: I was disgusting. They're not my teams. Well they are right now.
Speaker 5: I know they can for all the Canadian teams, but that is what's going on in I'm an Americans.
Speaker 3: Get that straight.
Speaker 1: Here we go, guys, four hours sounds like it is gonna be painful. First phone call could be your seven one, three two.
Speaker 3: The most interactive show on the radio starts right now.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five the buzz.
Speaker 1: Incubists, and we are often rolling four hours of paint. It's your Throwback Thursday. Addition, Stabbing Westward, Save Yourself, Evans, Blue, Cold Pod, Southtown Blue October.
Speaker 3: I want it.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a battle four songs in there.
Speaker 1: We are gonna be doing all Buzzfest music for Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 3: Who will win?
Speaker 2: I mean Local Heroes, Blue October.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be tough.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be tough for those other bands.
Speaker 1: Stabbing Westward has won before. All those bands have won before on Throwback Thursday. Percent chance of ram Party Claudey high ninety three. You can vote on the world famous Rod Ryan Show blog page at the buzz dot Com Fixta Graham Thursday will be your Instagram feature today and man, we are going to be insanely busy.
Speaker 2: Can't wait to get Norm back on the show.
Speaker 1: He's got to be feeling great after his crazy I mean it's an upset.
Speaker 2: I mean, Jorn is a good player, but that was an upset.
Speaker 1: But then people are saying, well, Norm didn't necessarily win.
Speaker 2: Kenny just really lost. Did Kenny beat Kenny? A win's a win?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: I agree with you. Who beat Kenny Moore? Kenny or Norman?
Speaker 3: Jenny? He tried?
Speaker 4: He got a little cocky there.
Speaker 5: I had a gig last night and one of the people out there was like, I think the Kenny threw it because he just wanted to have the four prizes so he could still play and get four more prizes, and I was like, that is a genius strategy, but it's not as easy to get back in.
Speaker 1: Kenny's email to me yesterday, about an hour after the game, Rod, I cannot tell you how disappointed I am, but.
Speaker 2: I think maybe I just wasn't meant to win.
Speaker 1: Even if I was to hear the whole question that insect that's supposed to be lucky, I don't think I would have gotten ladybug if I got in first. I'll be back Kenny the cash Man, he didn't know ladybugs were lucky. He said he would have gotten that question wrong. So he said he's upset he wanted to win. I don't think he threw it. I don't because he knows how tough it is. There's a lot of big time players that haven't been able to get in. It's only May, but still we're going to be saying, well, it's only June.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's only September. It's only October. It's the end of the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I don't think you can risk it this late.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can.
Speaker 3: Calls are ringing.
Speaker 10: It's not time for the first phone callumn today.
Speaker 2: Michael. We are great.
Speaker 3: How are you today?
Speaker 11: They're wonderful this Thursday morning, just calling in though, talk to you all this morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're going to Buzzfest.
Speaker 11: Uh no, certain, i'd yet. I've been calling in all week trying to win some tickets before I finally pull that trigger pit passes.
Speaker 3: What do you mean you can?
Speaker 1: Oh, you're gonna pull trigger. You're gonna buy tickets from a secondary because it's sold out, so you're gonna end up paying a lot of you can end up paying a lot of money for tickets right now.
Speaker 2: I saw some of the prices that.
Speaker 3: These Uh, it is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now we we do. We do have pit tickets coming up in around eight twenty. Alex is taking on Chile and they're gonna represent you guys today. Somebody's gonna win pit passes today on the show. So I don't know if it'll be you, Michael. But I don't know why you wait until law come on. It's Saturday already.
Speaker 11: Yes, sir, I know it's been anticipating it for about a month and a half, but you.
Speaker 10: Know how it is.
Speaker 2: I don't know how it is, Dude, I wouldn't have waited.
Speaker 1: I knew it's not just Marilyn Manson, but Marilyn Manson just adds such a different element to this Buzzfest Number one.
Speaker 2: He's never played Buzzfest before, and I.
Speaker 1: Think there's a lot of people that haven't seen Marilyn Manson, or there are people like me that have seen Marilyn Manson before. But he was just wasted the last couple of times saw and when he played last summer. I talked about how great he is and how in shape he is, and he's just going to bring his.
Speaker 3: Absolute a game.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Chevelle has their work cut out for him. They've headlined before the Three Boys can handle it. I know that, But man, I don't know that I'd want to go on after Marilyn Manson.
Speaker 3: I'm just going to say that you're not making Michael feel any better. He's going to I'm Michael, Oh, Michael, you got to be there.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I've seen Maryland before in twenty eighteen. It was a really good experience. I mean looking forward and seeing Chavelle. Actually I missed him the last time around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Chavelle is going to They know that they're going on after Marilyn Manson and they're gonna bring it.
Speaker 3: They're gonna bring it.
Speaker 2: Gonna be a great show.
Speaker 3: Michael.
Speaker 1: I hope you decide to get in there all right, or win some tickets in these last couple of days.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, sir, thank you for taking me.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Michael.
Speaker 2: Have an awesome day the Buzz Rock and all tear, and you soon.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 12: I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Welcome back everybody. Hey, great job some of you. A bunch of you have gotten to me early. You're sending me word suggestions.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Today's reading my lip. Today the boys are at it again. The twins will be going against one another. It is for pit passes, So send me your words. Email me directly Rod at the Buzz dot com. Rod Ryan Show Cares online store. Great activity in there. Thank you if you didn't hear the store is open. I want to hit you guys up in homeroom because you guys are our biggest customers. That's why I love you the most. But don't tell the other hours that. Because I get in trouble, I will deny. I will deny when somebody calls me at eight o'clock and says, hey, I listened from eight to nine, but I heard you like the six o'clock people better. I'm like, I never said that. I never said that. I will lie right through my teeth. Ten percent chance of reigning to they partly cloudy high of ninety three, Alex.
Speaker 3: What's trending, Jim Earsay is trending?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Colts owner and CEO passed away at the age of sixty five. They said he passed away peacefully in his sleep yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 3: And I know what the cause of death.
Speaker 5: Is, but a manning but a whole post about what he meant to him and he drafted him yep, and was a big part of his life.
Speaker 2: That's most teams. So that's your guy.
Speaker 3: He definitely struggled with a past drugs and alcohol. We thought he was working on it. Yeah, we're not really sure what happened. Do you, like I have to say week the kids, you had a bunch of cool guitars. Hoh, that was the thing. Are they he's an elector do the kids take over the team? You haves daughters that are involved in the organization, So I'm not sure what their plan is.
Speaker 2: Who gets the Nirvana guitar. Did you know he had an Vonaga.
Speaker 4: A big collection of guitars.
Speaker 1: I think he has like one of the single biggest private rock and roll guitar collections.
Speaker 3: In the world. I think so. Yeah. Wow, Okay, Rip did him. He's training. South Africa is trending.
Speaker 5: Trump met with the President of South Africa yesterday.
Speaker 3: Movie time had movie time. It was movie time in the Old Office that people are talking about.
Speaker 5: I don't I just read South Africa President's name was not trending.
Speaker 3: Pacers are trending.
Speaker 5: They came back to beat the Knicks in overtime last night thanks to a buzzy beater by Tyrese Halliburton. And then he did the Reggie Miller choke thing.
Speaker 3: Yep, they did it.
Speaker 5: Heated back in the eighties and people are talking about that this morning. That's was trending on nightified the buzz.
Speaker 13: More than ever. Buddy, this is norm I'm bet I'm your appreciated bed head and head one day chance.
Speaker 3: Poor Kenny just couldn't make it to the fifth day. Unfortunately, he crafted that milkbone underwear j ME on.
Speaker 12: Thursday's gonna come back and go but win Number two.
Speaker 1: Witches seven three, two, one two five nine four five Can you bring the fire like yesterday? It's ninety four to five the buzz ninety four five the buzz would ye joos. All the small things, all large things today on The Rod Ryan Show, including the tickets at Chili's giving away for Fresh out of Bad Head to Head.
Speaker 3: It's Chris Isaac tickets.
Speaker 1: I got gas late Anthem County Cross tickets on your fun Fact Flashback.
Speaker 2: I know where the pit passes. Chili put those.
Speaker 3: At eight twenty.
Speaker 1: He put the pressure on himself. Chili dictates where these prizes go. I'm surprised he put him in there. He doesn't like the extra pressure when he's playing. Read my lips. He's going against his twin brother Alex at a twenty. The winner it will be in the pit to the sold out Buzzfest show on Saturday. So all the all the big things today on The Rod Ryan Show, plus I need you to vote. Throw Back Thursday is it is all about Buzzfest. It's a Buzzfest edition. Four songs in there as kind of breaking the trend of our traditional three.
Speaker 3: I got two players ready to go. That's what we do here.
Speaker 1: And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 2: Listeners to your corners. No, hey, Norm, welcome back.
Speaker 3: Hey, good more than everybody?
Speaker 2: What a game man? You got another one of those in you.
Speaker 3: I'm looking for it right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can't just come in here every day and hope that the person you're playing speeds on every question.
Speaker 3: You know that.
Speaker 1: Well, you can think that, but I don't think you're gonna go far be successful. Yeah, I don't think you're gonna that is a strategy, no longevity in that.
Speaker 2: And then you got to.
Speaker 3: Go up now.
Speaker 1: I mean I don't think you get downgraded at all. You got Sean Connery, Good morning, Sean.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 11: Everybody has ever been doing?
Speaker 1: Now listen, just like I gave Kenny a hard time, you played last week?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 11: Yeah, so I actually waited thirty days. Yesterday was the first day I was eligible to call back.
Speaker 2: How do you get in there?
Speaker 3: Are nice?
Speaker 1: There are guys that haven't played yet this year, like most people haven't played this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A couple of phones, you know, just strive A couple.
Speaker 1: Of phones over there are working. Okay, Well, I already told you how many times in the hall three times, three times in the Hall of Fame. Sean Connery and Norm. Norm, you don't have the power. You don't have the power of George Went. You know, you're like one day removed from George Went passing. It was almost destiny that you won yesterday. All right, double O seven and Norm, shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 3: Here we go, Moe's questions. What you know?
Speaker 2: I like taking myself out of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Any arguing that goes on, I don't know. Just she handed me the question sheet.
Speaker 2: I read them question number one.
Speaker 1: Shout out your name when you think you know the answer, Sean Connery, Norm, name one band playing at the twenty twenty five buzz or Sean Connery Chabelle.
Speaker 3: Chabelle is yeah, one of our co headliners. People excited about that.
Speaker 1: All right, Mo, good question, Thank you, good question right there. You're not going to get a lot of compliments at this time of the morning. Uh oh oh seven gets that.
Speaker 2: I'll take it all right, Here we go.
Speaker 1: Norm, you were just behind him on that. I knew you knew the answer. You just got to chime in quicker question number two. According to the Guinness World Record Book, what is the best selling book of all tower?
Speaker 3: Norm the Bible?
Speaker 2: The Bible is correct? Nice shop, Norm, way to stay in their Norm. You really didn't sound confident, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you would have been weird.
Speaker 1: It was like, I'm Romberg and Dan the Bible. I'm all right, there we go. Good game for the win, for the win. How many sides does a pentagon have?
Speaker 3: Norm?
Speaker 5: Fine?
Speaker 3: And I'm sorry I said Norm like I was shocked that you got through first? Did you say your name first?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I just I was like, what, Yes, Sean Connery is just not on his game today, Sean.
Speaker 3: Stop with that.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're gonna I'm telling you, would you please call Adam and goat Hunter and all these other guys tell them what your secret is to get through they can't get through. No, he's not gonna tell me.
Speaker 2: All right, Sean Connery, you're out of here. Norm. So you want to play tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm here. Way to go.
Speaker 2: Plus, you scored some Chris Isaac tickets.
Speaker 3: A nice game, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Adam on.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Yeah we know, we got a couple of shindown songs. Already from their forthcoming album. They're releasing more music, according to Mo, and we might get as many as four or five singles before we get the full album. That story is on the Music Blonde page on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rating today partner Claudius Guy's high of ninety three.
Speaker 2: Okay, bring the champion, the fresh out of bed.
Speaker 3: Head to head challenge.
Speaker 2: Here's your current champion. He likes to do it all on his own Rowland.
Speaker 13: Good morning everybody, This is Norm back again as your two day champ.
Speaker 3: Fresh out of bed head to head.
Speaker 14: Here we go for day number three tomorrow. How did that game go for Sean Connery? Well not too good, but hey, I'm coming back for another Hall of Famer. If they wouldn't try, don't be tomorrow for Fridays Hill for number three.
Speaker 3: Bitches.
Speaker 1: Now, Hell's in there yawning and yeah, man, what the hell?
Speaker 3: Go back and listen, shut up, listen listen for hell yawning. Listen.
Speaker 13: Good morning everybody, this is Norm back again as your two day champs to head.
Speaker 2: Here we go like.
Speaker 3: He was taken forever.
Speaker 1: I'm like, hell, your mic is on. Your yawns are being recorded right now. Come away now, I coffee Norm, show Norm.
Speaker 3: Some respect to day champion, two day Champion.
Speaker 1: All right, I got some great tickets coming up for you. On the Flashback Bray, I brought in some new fun.
Speaker 3: Facts the fuck back to the day? Come on, we make you look smart in her body? Is this the fuck back to the day.
Speaker 7: You're gonna tell us about the milk bone today?
Speaker 3: No? That was yesterday?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, milk Did you have milk bone underwear on today?
Speaker 3: You want to share that? No, that's okay.
Speaker 2: Fun facts for you today.
Speaker 1: The original voice of snow White, Adriana Castellotti.
Speaker 2: You're like, well, who is that?
Speaker 3: Rod Well?
Speaker 1: She did the voice of snow White, which is super old timy.
Speaker 3: She was not credited for the role.
Speaker 1: Disney had a role at the time where voice actors were not credited in the animated movies to preserve the magic. She was paid nine hundred and seventy dollars, which is like giving somebody twenty two grand today. And she didn't have any roles afterwards because Disney got a black boulder and blocked her from doing anything because they wanted to protect audience is from recognizing her voice in other roles. Here, you think you are getting the shot of a lifetime and then that's the only thing you do. And Disney made it happen that way. They wanted you to not do anything else. Sugar Knight that death row records.
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe sug Knight was a big time like manager and well, suge Knight's just sugar Knight. He played in two games in the NFL for the Los Angeles Rams in nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 2: He was a defensive end.
Speaker 1: He wound up with zero stats, no tackles, no sacks, no anything.
Speaker 3: Really that is fun.
Speaker 9: Whoa but he didn't make it. But he did make it into the NFL. Chan well, they had the murder. Sug Knight is the guy that apparently, and I don't know, you can't believe anything out of this guy's face, but he's one that held.
Speaker 1: Vanilla Ice upside down on a balcony by his ankles. Suge Knight's big enough to do that. I don't doubt that Suge Knight could then hold. You know, Van Winkle was pretty skinny back then, but yeah, Vanilla I says he was hung upside down until he agreed to whatever Suge Knight was wanting.
Speaker 3: I believe him.
Speaker 1: France, not a hull or anything over there. Nothing, it's early France. Give you one more chance.
Speaker 3: I know, I thought you just going to go that time.
Speaker 2: France, France, So it's so good.
Speaker 1: France did not stop executing people via the guillotine until September of nineteen seventy seven. Hell, they were still executing people chopping off their heads in a guillotine when the original Star Wars came out.
Speaker 3: Thank you, that was a nice one. At the end, it's the fuck today. We make you look smart, your buddies.
Speaker 2: This the fun back to the day. Okay, mo, what are we giving away here for the fun fact flashback.
Speaker 3: We got a pair of tickets see Gaslight, Anthem and Counting Crows. They're going to be at Smart Financial Center in sugar Land July thirty first tickets on sale now Smart Financial Center, DUTs Next, it's your fun.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: What is Ronald McDonald called in Japan? Seven four five? It's now time for.
Speaker 3: Rock out with your stock out with captain cash.
Speaker 2: Okay, money, honey, how are you?
Speaker 3: I guess I'm a little tar I guess so this is your whole report. I'm gonna do this cool roddy ty ty.
Speaker 7: Okay, we'll get into this. The markers weren't so good yesterday. The that was down eight hundred and sixteen points. Kick off this morning at forty one thousand and eight sixty NASDAK lost two hundred and seventy points to eighteen thousand, eight hundred and seventy two benchmark ten. Your treasuries trading at a four point five to nine percent and oil stands at sixty dollars thirty one cents a barrel to the most actives the big studs. There was only one Coca Cola, the big doves, United Health, Nike, and Ammex on the economic calendar.
Speaker 3: This morning, we'll get numbers on.
Speaker 7: Existing home sales for April right now, futures barely on the downside.
Speaker 3: Come on, let's turn this baby around. That's it. I'm out of here, Salent. We need you charted with the Raymon James Port for the ride Ye show from Aramon.
Speaker 7: James, Old Sam, Flip and Augusta and don't forget to oys rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 10: Opimian's expressed. Are those paland and not necessarily those are Raymon James and Associates. Income Ever, NYT AS, IBC, IART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance TRANSMNS. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to This programs for educational and informational nervous. It's based on the movement as reported by Young Finance ninety.
Speaker 3: Four to five.
Speaker 2: Buzz welcome back your Zach on the phone. Zach short for Zachary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Zach get there, okay.
Speaker 1: Zachariah and zach kias maybe some other zak a chuilla. What's Ronald McDonald called in Japan?
Speaker 2: That would be Donald McDonald.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so smart, Zach socks. Now, all your buddies who you on the radio and they think, God, that Zach is so smart?
Speaker 2: What are you gonna give him?
Speaker 3: You know what, Zachly, I've got a pair of tickets for you to see Gaslight, Anthem and Counting Crows July thirty first Smart Financial Center at sugar Land see their friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, my brother, thanks for being in homeroom.
Speaker 3: Have a great day, Hey, Alexa.
Speaker 6: Play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeart Radio, ninety four point.
Speaker 1: Five Buzz station from iHeartRadio, The.
Speaker 2: Ron Rillian Show on ninety four five, Wake out the.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz offspring.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: On this Throwback Thursday, Guys, keep the emails rolling in. Okay, you're sending me your word suggestions, read my lips Chili, Alex. They're playing each other at eight twenty this morning. It is for pitt tickets, So send your best words possible. I asked Mo this morning, are you glad you don't have to play?
Speaker 3: She's like, yes, so glad.
Speaker 2: Yes, I can relax.
Speaker 3: Today on the show, A little bit sorry.
Speaker 1: High of ninety three today, low chances of rain, partly cloudy skies.
Speaker 2: Next hour. I've got Alice Cooper Judas Priest tickets.
Speaker 3: But man keep sending me those read my lips words.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have to somehow squeeze in four song clips today, Alex. There's four songs for Throwback Thursday. It is a Buzzfest edition. It's a four pack of songs to choose from. So we'll get into that in this an o'clock hour Right now, we got Moe in Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Roy. President Donald Trump met with the South African President in the White House yesterday, but things got a little tense. Trump rolled a TV into the meeting and showed everyone a video, claiming it proved white genocide against South African farmers. The South African president denied the allegations, claiming at a crime, yes, but not a government policy issue. Elon Musk was in the room. He was born in South Africa, and he stayed quiet but looked very upset. The visit was intended to improve relations. In a lighthearted moment during that visit, the South African president said he wished his country could give President Trump a flame like Katar. The founder of the Texas Renaissance Festival has died. Yesterday. We were sitting here in the studio, got the news alert that someone had died in his home, and finally it was revealed that it was him. King George Colum, that guy, the Texas Renfest guy central to the festival's fifty year history. He was the mayor of Todd Mission from the time it was incorporated in nineteen eight until May eighth, Like just a few days ago. Is he the guy?
Speaker 1: Is he like the main guy that's kind of shown in the documentary?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, I haven't seen it yet. The doc you need to watch. Okay. So not only is that a whole thing, he also is going through a lot of like legal ownership battle situation.
Speaker 4: But no matter all of.
Speaker 3: That, The Texas Renaissance Festival has become the largest most iconic ren festival in the United States. King George was eighty eight, all right. With the holiday weekend and National Burger Day approaching, yelp has come out with a list of the top burger chains in the country. If you had to pick one, would you do it out loud?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would go with Waterburger, But I know that that's not everywhere.
Speaker 3: Again, it's not.
Speaker 1: We had the same discussion about AGB and the list of grocery stores.
Speaker 2: So water Burger made the list.
Speaker 4: Yes, they're number fourteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know people's asses are going to be chapped.
Speaker 3: I don't even want to tell you what number one is because it's gonna tick people off. I'm guessing it's in and out sure enough, and out burgers are good. I don't understand they hate on In and.
Speaker 2: Out, but they're also not everywhere.
Speaker 3: No, there are more water Burgers or more in.
Speaker 1: And out Burgers in the country, and for some reason, it's just in and out has created such a mythical brand.
Speaker 2: People that don't live near one.
Speaker 3: They all want it, they do. It's the thing. The list is very interesting. I found like water Burger is number fourteen, but McDonald's is seventeen.
Speaker 4: That makes me more offended.
Speaker 3: You think it's too far down on the list, Yeah, tell more people, tell the world. Give me the top five.
Speaker 4: Top five.
Speaker 3: We have in and Out Burgers number one, the Habit Burger. Don't know that shake Shack is number three? We have those, Okay, you check asurger. Culver's is number four and it actually dominates the South, which includes US.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Number five is Island's Restaurants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know some of those.
Speaker 3: Now five guys is on the top ten. I like them. They're pretty good.
Speaker 1: You want to see the whole list, you can see it on the World Famous Links and Guests.
Speaker 3: Kim Kardashian has graduated from law school. Oh great. Technically, Kim started studying law six years ago, but she didn't actually go like physically go to law school.
Speaker 4: Okay, she completed.
Speaker 3: What's called a law office study program, so she did spend more than five thousand hours doing legal work, all while doing everything else Kim k does, running all their businesses, raising four kids, shooting a TV show. She's a busy lady, I get it. She also did pass the baby bar, which is like the pre that was going to be my quest bar exam. She did that in twenty twenty one, so that's very impressive. But in order to actually practice legally, she's going to have to pass the real bar. No word if she's going to even try.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you can graduate with a law degree but.
Speaker 3: Not kick the bar exam.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so you you run around with a law degree, but you can't practice it yet until.
Speaker 3: Till you passed the bar. Honorary law degree. There's honorary degrees. I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's impressive, it's good, it's very impressive.
Speaker 3: Want to see her graduation picture online? Hey girl, Hey Rod, have you ever done one of these music cruises on the big cruise ships before? No, but I'm so popular.
Speaker 2: I'm interested, I mean even more.
Speaker 3: Interested because the twenty twenty six Shipbrocked Cruise just announce their lineup. It's a New Year's Eve trip, which is also very exciting. It goes from Miami to the Bahamas, and the lineup includes Hailstorm, Motionless and White, and Knocked Loose. They're over twenty five acts total, so they're just playing and playing wage wars on here a Wall Nation suicidal tendencies. But Hailstorm is going to do like the big final night before they leave the Bahamas.
Speaker 2: Here's what I'll tell you about any of these musical cruises.
Speaker 1: By the time they are done and docked, they're ninety percent sold out for the next one. Everybody that does them, that's their jam, and they resum to go on the next one. So by the time, like you're doing the announcement right now, I bet you there isn't ten percent of the cabins.
Speaker 4: So they are nearly sold out.
Speaker 1: Yes, by the time they're done, everyone has like drunkenly signed up for the next one. They wait, they're like they put drinks on sale, and then they go around, who wants to sign up for the next one?
Speaker 3: Then go on two. Everybody signs up. We're all going next year.
Speaker 4: Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 5: What do you got Astros thaw the Rays yesterday eight to four. Tonight they're gonna open up a four game series with the Mariners. Nance McCullers will be on the map for the shows going up against Seattles. George Kirby first pitches at seven ten, and you can listen to that game on our sister station's Sports Talk seven ninety and News Radio seven forty k t H. In basketball, the Pacers got by the Nickson over time one thirty eight to one thirty five to win Game one of the Eastern Conference Finals. And in the Stanley Cup playoffs, the Stars came back from down three to one to beat the Oilers six to three in Game one of the Western Conference Finals.
Speaker 3: That is what's going on in sports, all right, very good, Thank you.
Speaker 12: Houston's rocking alternatives, The Rod.
Speaker 10: Ross Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz ninety.
Speaker 1: Four five The Buzz Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: That's collective, soul and shine. Welcome to the seventh spot.
Speaker 1: If you're carrying over from home room, thank you for just joining us. Wakey, wakey, hands off the cupcakey ten percent chance of rain, nothing above that. Both today and tonight partly cloudys. Guys, I'm about ninety three. Yeah's throwback Thursday. I'm just looking at the time. We have four song clips to get to you, so we're gonna do that this hour. We'll do it in the next break, so sit tight for that. We also have some El s Cooper Judas Priest tickets coming up for you shortly. They're playing in October twenty sixth out of the Woodlands Pavilion, So if you want to get into that show to see some rock.
Speaker 2: And roll legends, we'll have those tickets for you.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Buzzfest this Saturday pit passes. Who's gonna win him for you? Alex or Chilly, you are doing a great job of sending me word suggestions.
Speaker 2: Mo, you have the time, keep today. That's all you gotta do.
Speaker 3: Okay, is someone gonna train me? I don't want to mess this up. I know the guys are like super competitive, one of them is. I know that Alex is super competitive.
Speaker 1: I'm not happy he's a little bit more chill when he's playing against his twin brothers.
Speaker 2: Oh really, last week a little bit more chill, not much.
Speaker 3: But a little bit more chill. Okay, that game is coming up trying to bait me and you're getting mad. Nope, not at all, not you never.
Speaker 2: That's not good for anybody.
Speaker 3: Hey, hundred gid go. Yesterday you were at Total Wine in the Heights. It was pretty it was pretty good.
Speaker 5: We had a lot of people come out and uh, we're gonna pick the winners after ten today and give them a call if they won. I did see one London Ryan. She's a little young to be in a liquor store. Wait what she was not shopping.
Speaker 1: That is weird to say, Hey, I saw your kid at the liquor store yesterday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was at her eyes. Husband, Sergia was there. I saw both of them at different times. Yeah, I see my kids. Hey I know that kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my kids big Total Wine kid.
Speaker 5: H your kid always sizes me up like she's a square up, like fight me every time I see her.
Speaker 2: Kid. So, my girlfriend was picking her up from her aerials.
Speaker 1: She's doing like the silks, like hanging from the ceiling.
Speaker 2: My kid's hanging from the ceiling. So she's doing that.
Speaker 1: And then the way we friend's birthday is today, So they were picking up a bottle and she had the kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kids can go into liquor stores.
Speaker 3: It's weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't buy anything you go in, and you gotta like keep them near you too, Like don't let them rip around the aisles by themselves.
Speaker 3: It's like, stay by me.
Speaker 1: I'm only taking her there one, So that's her second time in that store.
Speaker 3: I remember. It's weird before.
Speaker 5: I could drink, when like my dad would take me this to the liquor store or whatever.
Speaker 3: But this is so cool. You just see a bunch of different stuff you don't normally see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, oh, there's I'm that's supposed to We.
Speaker 3: Had to wait outside, which is not safe. Wait was it not?
Speaker 5: Was it?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: You weren't allowed to go in at all?
Speaker 3: You weren't alone. You literally sat outside cars running belts. Ye yes, okay, all right, So you have one more gig to give away tickets.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, tomorrow night, I'm gonna be at Porky's backyard in Humble giving away eight more pair. You will have to be present to win that one. We will not be calling you the morning a bus. Best to take out the tickets to.
Speaker 1: Live dangerously late night going out on a Friday night before guys cannot wait to hang out with you guys at Buzzfest. Can't wait to get one more of you in the pit in a little over an hour from now.
Speaker 2: But on the flip of this break, we will find out.
Speaker 1: What's trending, and then we'll give you those Alice Cooper Judice Prix tickets. And then Alex, you can line up all the song clips. We'll get into some song clips. We'll talk about what you guys are voting on for today's throwback Thursday.
Speaker 3: Rock and Alternative The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six am, The buzz All right, welcome back everybody.
Speaker 1: I'm just using all my free time this morning to collect words.
Speaker 2: For read my lips.
Speaker 4: How's it going over?
Speaker 12: There?
Speaker 1: A lot coming in, a lot coming in. They know Chili's playing, so it gets a little dirty. Excellent, it gets a little nasty. I'm here for it to be careful.
Speaker 3: On the words.
Speaker 1: I tell you the same thing every week when Chil's playing, he doesn't need any help. You don't got to come in with dirty words. He'll get there on so Alex, Rod but you saw on clips.
Speaker 2: In about five minutes, we can all right, can you do trending right now? I can what's trending?
Speaker 3: Thanks for you.
Speaker 5: On Thursday's trending, Nancy Hernandez was submitted to us by listener Ian and people are checking her out the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at.
Speaker 3: The buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Aaron Hernandez was the guy that was the tight end Patriots.
Speaker 2: Did you hear?
Speaker 3: Yes, that was yesterday, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: Did you hear what Gronkowski said on their podcast about.
Speaker 3: Him in the meting room? Yes, he would start, but Gronk's quote about it was like very wishy washy. He was like, yeah, no, but I'm not gonna say Aaron Hernandez used to basically confirmed it with that.
Speaker 1: Officially, ron you said, Aaron Hernandez used to masturbate during team meetings.
Speaker 3: Team meetings, everyone was in the room.
Speaker 1: I was wondering if I didn't see the podcast, I just want to go if I read that right?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so this this Gale not related with Fernandez.
Speaker 3: Sorry, completely sidetracked. Last name, Kieran Culkin is trending.
Speaker 5: He has joined the cast of the new Hunger Games pre coel Like some people are talking about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oscar winner now Oscar winner probably gonna be. I think he's nominated for a Tony.
Speaker 5: I want to say for Glengary Glenn Ross. He's doing that right now with Bilburr and Bob Lodenkirk.
Speaker 1: Lady Gaga just won an Emmy for her Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Halftime show or something. I don't know. That was a couple of years of years ago. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Somehow she just won something. She's won award away from an egot.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, Lady God is getting close.
Speaker 2: Probably I think she needs a Tony.
Speaker 3: That's always the hard one again.
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 2: What else?
Speaker 3: And then Bonnie Blue is trending. You know her as the woman that slept with all those dudes in that video like a thousand men. She was apparently arrested in the UK.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure what for, but there is a photo of her being escorted out somewhere with UK police officers and people, which I thing about that it's our brand.
Speaker 3: This is training on ninety by the bus. You got some tickets to give away? I do, Alice Cooper and Judus Greece, They're gonna get the Woodlands Pavilion. Tickets are on sale now ticketmaster dot com or you can win them. Am I taking color ten? Let's take caller ten? I can do that seven one three, two, one two, five, nine four five.
Speaker 2: You order the rod.
Speaker 10: Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five the bus to.
Speaker 1: Be through ninety four five the Buzz, Good morning rod Ryan's Show. Hope you off to a great start to your day. Seven twenty seven. There is no Ian Ian. It says that Ian sent in today's Sistagram Thursday.
Speaker 3: That's Chili. Stop is It's just complain. You don't need to hide. Just say that you want to be honest, Just.
Speaker 1: Say that you want to control that today, like you want it to be your day.
Speaker 3: R what you personally like?
Speaker 7: This is you?
Speaker 3: If there's no E, do you have any proof that it's me?
Speaker 1: Okay, I have no I have no emails from an Ian ever. I have no phone calls from an Ian ever. All of a sudden, all of a sudden, Ian just sent us into the well.
Speaker 6: It says, if you have a good submission, send it to Chile at the Buzz.
Speaker 3: So I'll just say send it.
Speaker 1: To rod Yeah, it's just a little strange that I've not come across this mysterious Ian person.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe they didn't like you. There's a lot of people in the world. Did I know I know everybody. I do. I mean I do, and I know Chili. I know what he likes. So you know what, there is no Ian that's Chili put that in there today. I'm selecting. I'm gonna select tomorrow's.
Speaker 6: Fanny Friday says, you're going to accuse me ahead of time?
Speaker 3: Sure, why don't you just put up your favorites every day? Yeah, I mean you know what, I'm gonna do that from that long?
Speaker 2: All right, drop easier? Okay, Ian, thank you? I like where would Chile even covid that name?
Speaker 3: He looked it up.
Speaker 2: Who's on the phone, Good morning?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 3: Hello, Hi, what's your name?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 2: Darryl, Hey, Daryl, I'm doing I'm doing great. I can't get the truth out of Chili today.
Speaker 3: Lord Ian ker Cocker, Danyel knows. Hey, Darryl, you're color number ten. Mo's got some great tickets for You're wrong.
Speaker 4: Go ahead for Alice Cooper and.
Speaker 3: Juice please he Yeah, we'll see you in the Woodlands October twenty sixth. There are some tickets still on sale now ticketmaster dot com. But Daryl, you're in friend. Let go all right, Darryl, thank you. Ron.
Speaker 11: You're bearing me.
Speaker 16: Up after my maple leafs got their bottle.
Speaker 17: Woops.
Speaker 18: I appreciate brother.
Speaker 1: Rod alex oh loving you appreciate you don't say anything.
Speaker 2: We got a hockey guy in the phone.
Speaker 3: He's just like Rod say, you're about to make some smart ass comment. I was going sixty fight. I'll take three sixty nine if you need me, rock all right, Bank and Darryl hang on for me.
Speaker 2: Darryl is a scrapper, all right.
Speaker 1: Ian's not going to be happy because Pod is in last place. Not by and by Ian, I mean chilling Pod. Now, everything that you got to vote on today is all about buzzfests. Okay, so it's all buzzfest bands. Pod will be going on stage at four forty five. They may not be played today at nine thirty. They're in last place. It's early on the voting right now, eight hundred votes. Five percent of you said Pod, Southtown. Okay, Evans Blue, but it's been a while. I think it's been a while for a lot of us since we've seen Evans Blue.
Speaker 3: Evans Blue may not be played at nine thirty.
Speaker 1: No, it's not going well for any of the bands except for one. So you'll see where this is going shortly Evans Blue will be on stage at three forty five on Saturday.
Speaker 3: You may not get to hear them at nine thirty today.
Speaker 1: Evans Blue ten percent of the phone. The last band that was added to Buzzfest, well, no, the second to last band. Last band was Penson Place, but the late addition to Buzzfest was Stabbing Westward. I told you that Stabbing Westward. A couple of their songs have been in on Throwback Thursday and they have won.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the past.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see Stabbing Westward. He's been years again since we've seen them. Six percent of you say, that's what I'd like to hear played at nine thirty today. This this might be a fun pit to be in.
Speaker 15: Time.
Speaker 3: I'll see in the pit at one forty five. Done. All right, let's throw some elbows around during this.
Speaker 15: Hey, okay, this is gonna.
Speaker 6: Be fun.
Speaker 2: With overwhelming seventy eight percent.
Speaker 6: No way.
Speaker 2: To all you in the way, A little bit different five.
Speaker 3: Than what we just heard. Confused, but this is awesome. Hometown Heroes Blue October. It's not even fair.
Speaker 2: It's not even fair like Wizard thought.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't be fair if you put schavelle or Marilyn Manson in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not fair.
Speaker 5: And then you said, like, well, wod blue Optober Bedos, Like, you're right, Blocktober you can probably take done anything.
Speaker 1: Blue October is the only thing that could take down Chavell and marilnd Manson. He went, let's let's keep the headliners out of this and let's put some of the other things in there.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's fair.
Speaker 5: At the the total wine gigs I've been doing, I'm always like, hey, who.
Speaker 3: Are you the most excited to see? And like Manson's a huge git. Bl October is here every year. Everybody almost says blocks over yeah, blocks over their nails every single time, like they don't miss when they perform with any capacity.
Speaker 2: When you're walking around, I will come to you mid day and.
Speaker 1: I will ask you, tell me what is the most popular shirt you see here today? Yeah, it'll be Blockedober shirts. It'll be Bloctober fans. They will be, it will be the loudest, it will be the craziest.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's gonna be great for the headliners.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be great. Old day it's a sold out show, But bl October it's like.
Speaker 3: And then you'll get to meet Justin, and then they'll be your favorite band. Every time Justin's in the room, I'm like, that's my favorite band. The second you meet Justice is the most amazing person. Maybe, Oh, I see.
Speaker 2: Why everybody loves you so much.
Speaker 3: He's the coolest dude. Hug you.
Speaker 2: He is the coolest dude on the planet.
Speaker 4: They go on at six orteen.
Speaker 1: All right, Blue October, I want it seventy eight percent of you this song played today at nine thirty. All right, it's a Buzzfest edition. It's a four pack too. You vote on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 10: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four the bus.
Speaker 1: Okay, ninety four or five the Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Lots of people went in and poured in their votes. Right.
Speaker 2: It always happens after we do the song clips.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Blue October still commanding Lee, but we'll keep checking in with it.
Speaker 3: All morning long.
Speaker 1: I need your votes for Throwback Thursday. The winning song will be played on the air at nine thirty and it is all It's a Buzzfest edition, as it should be, because we're all getting excited about Buzzfest this weekend and Memorial Day weekend, the unofficial official kickoff.
Speaker 3: Of summer.
Speaker 1: I'd mentioned that Mo had talk to me in a commercial break while a song was playing, like, Yeah, my friends, I'm like, they count on me to have the Memorial Day cookout and things have changed this year for you.
Speaker 4: Yes, I got a new awesome job.
Speaker 1: So the average American says they will host four barbecues in the summer.
Speaker 2: Will you host four barbecue like get togethers?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean is it hosting just like having another couple over with their kids, like we do that almost every weekend?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think so. Right, I think so. People in my home where I need to like make sure that my bathroom is clean, that's hosting to me. And that's pretty much every other weekend.
Speaker 2: Does the pool have something to do with it?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 3: Not everybody has a pool. Everyone wants to come to our house because we have a pool. We get the pool and young kids. You know, it's a little like Chiller if you have young kids. You know, you could just throw the kids. The kids are welcome in people's houses with kids, right, It's like that place.
Speaker 1: The average American hosts four barbecues every summer.
Speaker 2: I will.
Speaker 1: I just thought that. I just thought I did it more than most people. But I didn't know people were doing that much. Here's what the here's what your summer. People were asked like, Okay, what do you need to have a complete summer? Okay, four cookouts, you'll do that. Yeah, three getaways. Whoa, I'm not talking.
Speaker 2: About full blown vacations, just.
Speaker 3: Like they can't be in the way.
Speaker 4: So like Galveston, yeah that day.
Speaker 1: So three getaways, two concerts.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's where.
Speaker 1: That they separated these two concerts two festivals because some festivals don't necessarily like like if you go.
Speaker 3: To a pickle festival, festival, right, not necessarily concert. Okay, I get it.
Speaker 1: So four cookouts, three getaways, two concerts, and two festivals.
Speaker 3: Is that that's a pretty good summer. It's a great summer, right?
Speaker 2: Will you check all those boxes?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not really a festival kind of girl. You're not.
Speaker 1: You don't like the crowds, the lines, you know what you're getting yourself into here on Saturday.
Speaker 3: That's a concert, right, it is?
Speaker 2: It's a festival.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: It's when I think of festival, I think of like tents and you have to stand in the line to get what you want at a tent.
Speaker 4: That's a festival to me.
Speaker 1: Yes, I went to the Kingwood Pickle Festival last year. Okay, and long lines, yeah, people and people slamming pickle juice.
Speaker 3: But it was fun though, so fun off, especially when it's hot.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's hot.
Speaker 1: And then and then you know you're in survival mode with the kids. You're just trying to find them food and then.
Speaker 3: Oh, you have to go to the bathroom. Will Worth the front of the line? God, why do you have to go to the bathroom?
Speaker 15: Now?
Speaker 3: It says on average, that's why I don't go to festival. All right? Is this?
Speaker 1: This is a high number. The Perfect Cookout has eleven guests at it.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a high number.
Speaker 1: Eleven's a lot you go to. You have friends that host and do these things. You're a you're busy camping?
Speaker 2: How many times are you camping?
Speaker 3: Camping?
Speaker 1: On the list had one no because people only weirdos. Camera didn't start Subaru over here. I do not have a supero you are looking for.
Speaker 3: To speak for any car dealership though.
Speaker 4: Oh it's too hot to camp in Texas this summer.
Speaker 1: I see you heading in the direction of a Subaru wearing those Tiva sandals, and.
Speaker 3: I was like, you own those, don't you know? With socks, cargo.
Speaker 1: Shorts, Tiva sandals, a Subaru and then one of those tents that attaches to your car and just pops right out.
Speaker 3: That's what I see you. I see you going in that direction.
Speaker 5: I don't love camping. I have friends that like camping, and I like friends.
Speaker 4: He's a camp I need to tell you something wrong.
Speaker 2: Tell me.
Speaker 3: Alex has camping utensils in his backpack right now. They were not like purchased by me camping utensils. I'm talking about a fork and a spoon. But it's only cool because it's like they look like a switchblade, but they're like Swiss army knife situation uses for camping in his backpack right now.
Speaker 4: He's a camper, So.
Speaker 2: You're not denying.
Speaker 5: They gave it to me and I just left it in my backpack and I found it the other day. You're camping, they're not camping utensils. They the spoon is too.
Speaker 3: Flat to work camping utensils in.
Speaker 1: At a second, do you put them out at the table when you eat with your wife and kid?
Speaker 3: When you camp.
Speaker 2: So when you use this, I've never used them.
Speaker 3: When will they be used? Never?
Speaker 2: They're taking camping, taking trips. The guy's got camping.
Speaker 3: Just admit it.
Speaker 2: You're a camper.
Speaker 5: It's not a camper. I go camping with friends that enjoy camping. But there's never if you're like, ale's what the fun activity that you want to do?
Speaker 3: I'm never going to say let's go camping. What would you say? But you end up doing it anyway, flush football and go to the bar. So what I would say?
Speaker 1: That's real camp There's a lot of campers out there that feel underrepresented.
Speaker 2: I am not.
Speaker 1: If you're a person and they if somebody like you would put that flag, I'm a croucher.
Speaker 5: Vultures go in there and I can't be a camper for like three weekends a year, and that's it.
Speaker 1: Think of all those young kids that don't want to come out as campers you represent?
Speaker 3: Is that that you coming out as a camper? I am my own independent.
Speaker 1: Would show them the way and then they would no longer have to hide your love of camping.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I just think that you could be a role model.
Speaker 3: And I will not be. I think you have a big missed opportunity. Here.
Speaker 4: You have our support, just so you know.
Speaker 3: If I am a role model to anyone, you're in a bad spot.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, keep sending me you read my lip suggestions. All right, I'm gonna go check out my emails. We'll play in the game at eight to twenty.
Speaker 12: The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am.
Speaker 3: The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 3: That's imagined Dragons.
Speaker 1: This is throwback Thursday, Blue October Dominating. It's a it's a four. It's an all Buzzfest edition four pack. It's stabbing Westward Evans, Blue Pod in Blue October. It's not even fair to the other bands Blo October. It is just dominating this morning. In your votes, I'll take a look shortly see if things have moved around a little bit. Ten percent chance of ring partly Claude's guys, highs of ninety three.
Speaker 3: Read my lips.
Speaker 1: Next hour, Alex takes on Chile for Pitt passes to Saturday. Sold out, Buzzfest keeps sending me your ward suggestions, and right now I got mo with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Morning Row, Good Morning.
Speaker 3: President Donald Trump met the South African President in the White House yesterday, but things got a little tints. Trump straight rolled a TV into the meeting and showed everyone a video claiming it proved white genocide against South African farmers. The South African president denied the allegations, calling it a crime yes, but not a government policy issue. Elon Musk, who was born in South Africa, was standing there in the room and looked visibly upset. The visit was intended to improve relations. There was one lighthearted moment during the visit when the South African president said he wished his country could give President Trump a play like Katar did, and President Trump responded that if they had one to offer, he would take it. Who Hey, Harris County Judge Lena Hidalgo wants to use more than twenty thousand dollars in taxpayer dollars so for an economic trip to Paris. Some commissioners think it should be funded a different way. So today the commissioners will meet and on the agenda is this line item twenty three three hundred dollars requested by Hidalgo for a delegation travel trip to Paris for an entire week, and at first the details were super limited because Hidalgo was like, it's a security concern.
Speaker 2: She didn't want to say where she was going.
Speaker 3: Where she was going, right, And the argument is, if you're using public funds, you need to be completely transparent and open to the public. So we'll see how that boat goes today.
Speaker 1: Listen, if you want to, like, you know, use our money to buy a beret or two, that's fine, but not the plane, tickets, in the hotel and everything.
Speaker 3: A lot of money.
Speaker 1: But have they said what is this delegation? Why specifically Paris.
Speaker 3: She's hoping to help with relations and something with technology and making Houston more admirable for other nations. The Harris County judge wants to do this correct. Go to Paris, Texas. There there's an Eiffel Tower.
Speaker 2: Yeah, basically, I like your little Paris Cafe Ambiens.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Alex we Hey, let's talk about pizza. Okay, I know it caused a little stress when we talked about it earlier. But wait, wait, what Sony is this you have in there? Is you know who this is?
Speaker 19: Yes, you do, sains Mary Kay Nashley.
Speaker 4: That's hysterical.
Speaker 3: Pizza can ease stress and boost our moods. A new study out of England says just smelling freshly baked pizza can significantly reduce your stress and boost your mood, so much so that fort of participants in the study reported that smelling it made them feel comforted and had a mood boost. There's something in your brain that that smells can trigger emotions and memories.
Speaker 2: And you said you like pizza, but you don't lose your mind over it.
Speaker 1: It's not a top you said, it might not be a top ten food for you.
Speaker 4: No, I like food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pizzas, Yeah, pizza, it's a goat.
Speaker 3: I don't know. There's so many other things I'd rather have, so many things.
Speaker 2: We didn't talk about in the interview. There's so many things.
Speaker 4: I have a lot of flaws. So number one food for you in enchiladas.
Speaker 3: Number two sushi. Three salad. I love the aspects of a salad, like putting all of the stuff on a salad. Salad. Oh my goodness, yeah, get your salad ass out of here now. Salad. I like salad. Have you ever been to a salad bar? Taste in Texas?
Speaker 9: Salad's top three So nobody.
Speaker 6: I love the salad bar.
Speaker 1: Nobody's so salad top three ches.
Speaker 4: Do you know who Michael Bay is?
Speaker 2: Yes, big time director.
Speaker 3: Do you know specifically which movie he's most famous for? Transform?
Speaker 4: Okay, I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Okay, Michael Bay is trending because he's making a movie called Skibbitty Toilet. And chances are if you're old enough to recognize one of those, you're not gonna know who the other one is. But the kids are into the Skibbitty Toilet thing right now. It started out as this YouTube series eleven second videos of a man's head sticking out of a toilet and singing, and the kids loved them.
Speaker 4: They went megaviral.
Speaker 3: Now there's a whole franchise, hundreds of videos, an actual plot to these videos, and Michael Bay is like, I know how to make a human go into a not human thing, So I'm gonna make this into a movie. Okay, Skibbity Toilet the movie by Michael Bay. Oh, No, skibbit Dy's nuts right.
Speaker 2: Oh I was just.
Speaker 4: Gonna say that, No, I wasn't.
Speaker 3: During an interview this week, Shinedown singer Brent Smith dropped a little hint, and fans are picking up on what he's thrown down. He said. The band has been working on their eighth album, very exciting. They're about seventy five percent finish, but they're thinking they're going to have a couple other singles, some new songs this summer before the album was completely finished.
Speaker 1: It's wild that they use that number, that the album is that much complete, seventy five.
Speaker 2: It's weird because.
Speaker 1: Normally you're mixing and mastering and doing all all his songs on the album. It's weird that they're completing songs before the whole album is complete.
Speaker 3: A new age thing, right, I mean maybe it's common now, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's it didn't used to be done like that.
Speaker 5: A studio time you get at a time, like maybe we can only get together for this amount of time the three.
Speaker 1: It's just weird to complete songs Yeah, I agree, and not use all of that for all of the I don't know, mixing and mastering, just a couple of songs at a time to put them out there.
Speaker 3: We need them. We need them before August twenty seventh, when the guys are here at the Twitter Center, Hey, those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Relex Well, they asked, you know the spell of the Rais yesterday eight to four. Tonight they'll open up a four game series with the Mariners. Dance mcpellers have been the Manpistris going up against Seattle's George Kirby first pitches at seventeen.
Speaker 3: You can listen to it.
Speaker 5: On our sister station's Sports Talk seven ninety in news Radio seven forty k t H. In basketball, in basketball the Page, we got by the Nicks in overtime one thirty eight to one thirty five in Game one of the Eastern Conference Finals, and in the Stanley Cup playoffs, the Stars came back from down three to one to beat the Oilers six to three in Game one of the Western Conference Finals.
Speaker 3: Right now, I.
Speaker 5: Have two pairs of tickets to Callers ten and eleven seven one, three, two and two five nine for five if you want to go see some Big Three basketball on August second at the Toyota Center with four to fifty minute, fast paced and competitive three on three basketball games along with halftime performances from top musical artists. Cheer on Houston's rig Hands that is coached by Rockets great Calvin Murphy.
Speaker 3: We want to watch some Big three basketball.
Speaker 5: Coller ten College ten and eleven to seven one three, two and two five nine four five.
Speaker 3: That's what's going on in sports. Listeners said that it was time for you to uh come out of a tent. Not too so they did there, Alex, do you get it?
Speaker 2: Come out of a tenth?
Speaker 3: Do you get it? You're a camper to come out six honest with yourself. But I'm not a camper with you. Are you frequently camping? Not frequently? Can Do you have any camping gear on you right now? I do not?
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't.
Speaker 1: Not on me in your backpack, not on me girl, my back mag' not on mamper.
Speaker 12: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz Green Day, halfway point of the show, People eight o seven partly Claude Today ten percent chance of rain hins of around ninety three throwback Thursday. Not much has changed, to be honest with you. TVH B October sixty two percent of the vote. It is an all Buzzfest edition four pack Blue October sixty two percent, Evans Blue sixteen percent, Pod twelve percent, Stabbing Westward eight percent.
Speaker 2: It's not fair, It's not fair.
Speaker 1: That's the Blue October People Yeah, they are a force to be reckoned with.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that there are.
Speaker 1: A lot of people here that have been in their blue ots over Era for years, well before Eras was talked about.
Speaker 2: People have been in their blue wots over Era forever. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The hometown heroes.
Speaker 1: Of course, they're dominating today, winning song play today at nine point thirty. You know we have pit tickets coming up, pit tickets to Buzzfest.
Speaker 3: MO, no pressure for you today. God, I thought you gotta keep time. I know I'm feeling it like if I'd miss something, the guys will really be hard on me. So I've been practicing all morning. Yeah they're like that, Yeah they are. They're like that.
Speaker 4: I can handle it.
Speaker 3: Rod.
Speaker 2: The twins Alex and.
Speaker 1: Chili are playing against one another in read my lips. MO will be timekeeping. I will be delivering the words that you guys are suggesting. I'm going through emails right now. Who are you gonna take Alex or Chile? I mean, they're twins. I would take shit sometimes if you pick one, I won't even know who you're picking.
Speaker 2: They look they look the same.
Speaker 1: Pit passes for Buzzfest sold out show on Saturday.
Speaker 3: I wanted to thank thank you.
Speaker 1: All for doing some shopping in the rod Ryan show Cares online store. The female shirts, yes, are like top selling shirts right now?
Speaker 3: Really, yes, you have to tell me which one. I want to know if I bought the top selling one. Well, there are specific shirts.
Speaker 1: Sorry to be so binary, but I am selling shirts that are women's cut, women's Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, what he's saying, Alex is, don't buy the crop top for yourself. I'm gonna don't do it. I'm gonna don't put me in a box chili fan.
Speaker 2: The number one selling is Today's Good Mood with.
Speaker 3: The sun on it.
Speaker 4: Oh cool, that's a cool one.
Speaker 1: The crop top, Yeah, Today's Good Mood Ladies. Crop Top, that one is the number one seller.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like a washed out maroon fair What a maroon?
Speaker 1: I think it's a maroon color. I don't know, Like I grew up calling that cranberry.
Speaker 3: I don't know what color that is.
Speaker 1: There's a I think the number two is the one. It looks like the Astros logo.
Speaker 3: That's the one my husband and my child wanted.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the one that we ripped it because there's a dude version of that. Yes, and then it's the morning Vibes, the ladies tied tank cool.
Speaker 2: I love it, so thank you ladies.
Speaker 3: I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, I'll just do all chick shirts. I don't care they say this every year. I will slap our name on a turd if I think it'll sell. It's all about raising money. We're trying to get money for backpacks. Okay, now, are we going to sell turds? No, but we are selling koozies, we're selling hats. There's just a buzz t shirt. And then there's my friend Alex working. We use that same picture every year because you're wearing the mask.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I knew it was you.
Speaker 1: There's Alex and he's out there now delivering backpacks. And that's where you can just donate and if you just want to, if you can drop twenty dollars in there, and I don't mean it to say just twenty dollars, that's not what I mean.
Speaker 2: If you can drop twenty dollars in there today, maybe go.
Speaker 1: Around the office and get five from everybody, and then four of you.
Speaker 3: Boom, you drop it in there. There's twenty bucks.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: Cash donations are always accepted we're.
Speaker 3: Trying on his shirt and you to take turns wearing. That's a little bit more difficult, you know, but you know the Traveling Sisterhood shirt.
Speaker 1: But you know, at five point fifty apiece, you can get some koozies and that now you're talking your twenty five dollars or so.
Speaker 3: I get a coozy. Those are cool, and then everybody get a cooky slim ones. Yeah yeah, you're perfect for your neutral. Yeah yeah, yeah, the tall slim ones perfect. Good call on that. That's your mom coozy your mom no, your mom, no, your mom.
Speaker 4: My daughter got one that says my mom.
Speaker 2: Oh really yeah, good to you.
Speaker 1: And then a coffee mug. I don't think we've done coffee mug in like fifteen twenty years. So there's a coffee mug in there.
Speaker 3: There's a lot.
Speaker 1: Then there's some older ones that are discounted when you buy use suff.
Speaker 3: You also talk about the application at the bottom of that page.
Speaker 1: So at the bottom of the page when you go to the buzz dot com I'm assuming that's where Chili has the sign up. Yes, okay, So the reason that we sell all this stuff, it's to give backpacks to children locally that need it. We will distribute backpacks I think the first Saturday in August before all the kids go back to school. Year after year, I get people asking me, well, Ron, that's great, you're doing great job in the community. People are so nice or so complimentary on this stuff, which is really nice, but they'll say I'm kind of somebody that needs help with these backpacks. Though, man, I got four kids over here. We're struggling right now. You know, there's an application to get your name in there with Houston Children's Charity and you can be I guess that would be the beneficiary of these backpacks.
Speaker 3: There's a place for you to sign up, so cool.
Speaker 1: So if you go to the Links and Guests and it says here's the online store, here's where you can donate, here's where you can buy.
Speaker 2: There's a little bit about the charity and what we've.
Speaker 1: Done over the years, and then right there it is there's the application for let us know.
Speaker 2: I'll send that directly to you if you.
Speaker 1: Do need help with So that's all on Links and Guests. Thank you for doing some shopping. If you haven't shopped yet, if you haven't looked yet, please if you can donate great.
Speaker 3: I would appreciate it. I love you long time.
Speaker 1: Okay, last minute span of my emails, looking at your word suggestions.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get rolling with read my lips. The boys are at it again.
Speaker 12: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back everybody, eight twenty two, making my last minute preparations, and I'm kind of going through all the words. I got them all ready to go, and now I'm trying to wean out there or kind of sort through everything that you guys sent in, and I'm sorting through the best words and the ones that Alex will yell at me least about it.
Speaker 3: It's Alex's world. We're just living in there rock.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, you know, oh God, if he gets that, he's gonna yell at me.
Speaker 3: Did not yell about anything last week. I don't know what you're talking about. Sometimes you know what you're trying to just you're trying to bait me, and I'm not taking a bait. Something feels like yelling.
Speaker 1: Sometimes when you storm out of here and don't yell, I get the message loud and clear.
Speaker 3: You're disappointed. Really, I was mad last week. We went overtime and I was like, I was not I'm mad. I went and I stayed in the little room and I came back.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't think he got bad. Oh he's mad. Oh when I was told, yeah, oh, they tell you what I talk about when I talk about you.
Speaker 2: Who ranted me out?
Speaker 3: Ashley with a wife? Oh?
Speaker 4: Your wife, damn it, it's because you come home mad.
Speaker 3: Just if I mentioned if.
Speaker 1: I say something about Alex and he's not in the room, yeah, could you please not tell him, even if.
Speaker 3: You're his wife? All right, Alex? What's trending?
Speaker 5: Jim Earsay is trending still? That's what a lot of people.
Speaker 3: That's the number one thing I see everywhere today.
Speaker 5: The Colts owner and CEO passed away yesterday at the age of sixty five.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is your part of the world where you're making Is he beloved?
Speaker 1: I mean, how is he thought of like amongst the people that are you know Colts fans.
Speaker 3: Right, he does a lot for the community and he is a big character. Yes, so he's always out there about there.
Speaker 4: He was getting his life together. We were cheering for him.
Speaker 1: I mean, he brought a Super Bowl to the city. You know and bringing in Peyton Manning, so I think he gets credit for.
Speaker 3: That most definitely. And the rumor is his daughter Carly is going to.
Speaker 5: Be taking okay interesting okay, uh Dixie ram Thursday continues to trend Nancy Hernandez submitted by listener Ian what people are checking out?
Speaker 3: Ian who submitted says it on the thing listener he doesn't leave anything. Ian Chilly Chilly Chili Chill submitted He googled white people names and Ian was like fourth on the list.
Speaker 1: Listener Ian hey Man, No one's gonna pick up on if I put Ian on here, Nobody else think it's me.
Speaker 5: World famous ride Dan show page at the buzz dot com. And then the Survivor is trending to Season forty eight. Finale of Survivor was last night and people are talking about the winner. No spoilers because I don't even know when it was. Uh that is the training a night bevide the Buzz.
Speaker 3: When does Big Brothers start up summer show?
Speaker 1: I wanted to sell Yeah, okay, it's time to read my lips.
Speaker 5: Oh if you're trying to the boys, hold pod.
Speaker 3: Guy, it's Chili's music.
Speaker 1: Alex is sitting right there he said, he's not moving, So Chili's coming in here.
Speaker 2: Those two guys are gonna play against each other.
Speaker 1: The boys are at it again. Now what's your best bet? You go with Alex or do you go with Chili? You know you got to call Ian to get on the game.
Speaker 3: Chili.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry, Maybe I'm confused with the guy that sent in the ticxtagram.
Speaker 3: Today called Chili slash ian.
Speaker 2: Ian is British for Chili.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Choose your twin, Ian or Alex seven one, three, two five. Who's gonna win you those pit passes? Choose carefully? Ryan Show ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good morning, Rob Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: That's Link in Park.
Speaker 2: That's Mo over there asking Hey, what do I use the time?
Speaker 3: The game? No, this is serious.
Speaker 2: Alex gets interface a clock. Ever heard of it?
Speaker 3: He's the worst. I get back and say your tent Alex, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 1: I hope you're off to a great start to your day. I hope he continues to be a great day. That's what I hope. It's time to read my lips. I've got Alex, I've got Chili in the room with me right there.
Speaker 3: So nice of you to get the.
Speaker 2: Name, right, I.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe the world.
Speaker 1: I mean he's over there moving mountains.
Speaker 3: I mean, talk about a weird name. Ian Santos.
Speaker 2: I mean, was it the guitar.
Speaker 3: Player from Anthrax? I guess, yeah, Ian, it's his last name, scott Ian. Yeah, it was half right. All right, listen, that's chili. You have to answer the phones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and somebody has to tell you they don't want you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and how does that go over?
Speaker 2: Let's just say, knock the wind out of me today? So I'm not feeling very motivated to win for that guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, well let's bring on Tyler is uh, Tyler got through?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Tyler? Yo, yo, what's up?
Speaker 3: Family? What's up now? When you got up?
Speaker 1: When you got when Ian answered the phone, did he say, hey, both of us, the twins are up for grabs.
Speaker 2: You could your your choice.
Speaker 3: You who you want. I had to go with the.
Speaker 2: Champions for these.
Speaker 4: That's respect.
Speaker 3: You had to tell it to the man's face that you didn't want him. I had to break it to him.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: You had to tell him how to tell him how it is, you know? Okay?
Speaker 2: All right, so Tyler is on team Alex. Now Brett, good morning, Good morning, Brett.
Speaker 1: Did Chili let you know that Alex was off the table and your only choice was him? Or does he make you choose just to see who you?
Speaker 3: Why do you do that to yourself? Okay? Who did you choose? Brett?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 3: I choose you don't put disrespect. You're not going to b Did you choose Alex?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he choosing?
Speaker 3: He chose by back on your side.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. We got Brett and we got Tyler. Tyler Team Alex. Brett forced to take Chili, Chilie.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, I.
Speaker 2: Use these things to motivate you.
Speaker 6: I have.
Speaker 3: I'm not listening to you after all that disrespectfully. Yeah, it is shameful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me just say this.
Speaker 1: It's a fine Instagram feature today and I love your taste in women.
Speaker 3: He is who they submit it to, Alex? Can you translate what he just said?
Speaker 5: He's saying, I'm gonna just pick on you the rest of the show, big bully names.
Speaker 2: I'm complimenting him.
Speaker 1: We should start calling Rob again. Hey, Rob, Instagram is wonderful. Who's going first?
Speaker 6: Chili?
Speaker 12: Would you like I'll go first?
Speaker 3: Okay? Chili I'll disappoint y'all.
Speaker 1: First show us why you're the man and Brad he you, Rob, Brett and Brett.
Speaker 2: You're as good as in the pit.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait, and right now, I am in charge of timing.
Speaker 1: So when I say the word, is when you hit the timer? Yes, make it twenty seconds.
Speaker 4: And he gets twenty seconds.
Speaker 3: When you have a time as soon as it gets to zero, yes, let me practice. Okay, I see, I see, Okay, you would make its way.
Speaker 4: I never used the time.
Speaker 3: Is it counting down or up?
Speaker 4: Down?
Speaker 3: Good? Okay?
Speaker 2: Is that good?
Speaker 3: I recommend it.
Speaker 1: Okay, my man Chili over here, just watch the brilliance. I do think he submitted that Instagram feature, but we'll talk about that later.
Speaker 3: You're talking about it right now.
Speaker 2: I am talking about it right now.
Speaker 3: Get I'm trying to time all right, Here we go. You hit a button.
Speaker 2: Nervous thumbs up? Come on, flower boy, let's go. Aha, here we go. First word sent in by kJ D donkey cabbage.
Speaker 20: A rod is a donkey ass donkey cabbage? Donkey cabbage, donkey cabbage?
Speaker 2: Do I need to look that up on Urban? Do I not want to know what that is?
Speaker 5: I'm never gonna tell you what is donkey cabbage?
Speaker 2: We talked about cabbage.
Speaker 3: Something you talk about cabbage?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, here we go, Uh, Brett, no open tow shoes in the pit? Okay, good, Alrightli, no crocs in there, Brett Jesus Christ all right.
Speaker 3: Eli sent this one in.
Speaker 2: Just kicking ice cubes under his fridge.
Speaker 3: Here we go, thumbs up, thumbs up.
Speaker 17: Wiener Prom which Rob Wiener Prom? Where Throb Wiener prum Winter Driver Winner really Winner Wiener Prom a winter Bride Wiener?
Speaker 3: Damn, you didn't get it.
Speaker 2: You didn't get it, so we didn't get it.
Speaker 1: Here difficult when you guys on the email. The guy did send us. The guy did send us the pictures from his prom.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, he wrote the wienermobile.
Speaker 1: We were talking about the wienermobiles and we had a listener that said he he waited for the driver and said, listen, proms tonight. I don't know what you're where you're going afterwards, but will you drive my date to the prom? And the winnermobile wobile said yeh, legendary.
Speaker 2: His mom has the picture up on the wall in the house the moment. That's how great that is?
Speaker 3: All right? Here we go. Oh, nurse d and.
Speaker 1: She likes it, so just sell you know what. She is happy about it. She thinks it's funny. She sent in this word Thumbs.
Speaker 2: Up, thumbs up.
Speaker 3: Mo snort, Mo.
Speaker 17: Snort, Mo mo snort.
Speaker 2: Oh, mo snort. People are hearing those snorts sneaking in there. I think they're cool.
Speaker 3: It is authentic. That is Nurse dy, she said, She goes, I even love with Mo's snort. You have to use.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's true.
Speaker 3: Yes, we got a game. We got a game.
Speaker 4: Are you feeling it?
Speaker 15: Hot?
Speaker 3: Five up?
Speaker 2: Okay, now she can went to Wizard Everything.
Speaker 1: South for Brett when he said he was possibly wearing crocs in the pit.
Speaker 2: Brett CROs the you got the comfortable crocks in the pit? Ever protect your toes? It all costs? Hey, all right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Alex now has the headphones on. He's got three words, same thing. Twenty seconds. He needs two to tie.
Speaker 5: Over.
Speaker 10: Time.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 1: George sent this word in. Was definitely talked about on the show this week.
Speaker 3: Thumbs up, thumbs up, Rob what a herd?
Speaker 1: Panda pound? What panda pound? Panda pound? I don't know, panda pound? Something bounce panda pound page bounce Panda.
Speaker 3: That's tough. That's a tough one.
Speaker 2: Panda.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually still have the video pulled up.
Speaker 1: That was the pandican that I said, and somebody beat me to it.
Speaker 4: They mean there's been no action.
Speaker 3: Are you looking at the pandas now? Yes, no action.
Speaker 2: There's no mounting nothing.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go in there.
Speaker 1: Carlos sent this word into us this morning. Thank you, Carlos.
Speaker 2: Something that continues to not happen on this show.
Speaker 3: Thumbs up, thumbs up. Respect, you're stupid. Chili treats, Chili treat.
Speaker 2: Well. Chili treats.
Speaker 3: Nothing, ranas nothing. There was everything around you. I am a treat. I know my worth. Okay, there it is there. It is not. You were not a read.
Speaker 8: You're the worst.
Speaker 3: Give you some numbers, some girls. Here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 1: Kevin set this word in again. These things don't have to be talked about on the show. This was talked about on the show. Thank you, Kevin.
Speaker 2: Thumbs up, Poor.
Speaker 15: Chatta, You know what we should do is just not get the word. So you have to keep doing it.
Speaker 2: Alex, leave the room so I can talk about you so.
Speaker 3: And then I'll tell you if they tell about you.
Speaker 1: Buddy, I'm gonna give the word weird in I'm want to say the word in overtime.
Speaker 2: You keep guessing until you get it.
Speaker 3: Right, and Rod, I on the timing and counting upwards now, yes, please, okay.
Speaker 1: As soon as I say the words, start your timer, yes, and then you gotta be ready to jump on.
Speaker 4: I'm ready.
Speaker 2: You might get it quick.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm ready, right, Andy.
Speaker 3: Brett, get ready.
Speaker 2: Man, you better wear those crocks. Yeah, okay, wear those crocks.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna do my bit, crocks and socks, said Brett.
Speaker 1: He really does want to win for you, and I'm surprised, Yeah, because he.
Speaker 20: Didn't pick him well, because I had him.
Speaker 3: Let y'all think that I was gonna throw the game reverse psychology.
Speaker 2: Okay, bro alright, let's go. She always got his game face on today.
Speaker 4: It's nice for once.
Speaker 1: He got his sistagram Thursday up on LinkedIn guests.
Speaker 2: He's excited, he's having.
Speaker 3: A good day, all right.
Speaker 2: This is for Brett Team Chile.
Speaker 3: As soon as I say the second word at Prescot.
Speaker 2: Timer starts, be ready, he might jump on it quick.
Speaker 3: I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Thumbs up, um rump.
Speaker 12: Ticket.
Speaker 2: Why what tickets, WAD.
Speaker 6: Ticket, WAD t D whites tickets, WAD tickets one ticket, city wind ticket, WAD something wine ticket, WAD, cycle line ticket, WAD tickets WAD one ticket, wod ticicket.
Speaker 2: Wad boom.
Speaker 3: And he knows why I'm saying the word.
Speaker 2: He knows, he knows why we're using that word.
Speaker 3: That was you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you might have said it.
Speaker 2: It was his word.
Speaker 3: It was almost It was a w n B A layup and angel angela clerks angels Angel used to the two together. I was so dumb. I'm an idiot. Chilly, there's our guy.
Speaker 2: Stop talking about him.
Speaker 3: Okay, he sits back in the room.
Speaker 1: Nobody's talking about your buddy. He said, I know your wife will rap me out.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you all right. Here we go.
Speaker 2: She coming to Busfest. I might have a few words.
Speaker 3: She's not. I really want to meet her. And she's coming. Is she coming? Don't worry about it, she's not. I am worried about it. That Saturday. Please see her. You see her so worried about it though, I want to see her. Thomments.
Speaker 2: Here we go, same word, same timing structure.
Speaker 1: As soon as I say the word, then you start timing, you wrote down Chili, Tom.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, that was one thing I didn't tell you.
Speaker 3: All right, thumbs up. Here we go, Drew. We got a good one.
Speaker 18: Here, ticket wad ticket rod ticket wad tickets Rod tickets one ticket wad, ticket wad.
Speaker 2: Got it, got it.
Speaker 3: What was Chili's time? Almost thirty two seconds, Alex's time just over eleven ticket wad He.
Speaker 2: Said it, Yeah, he said it.
Speaker 3: I'm improving.
Speaker 2: Chili said, you did get one in overtime. Thank you?
Speaker 3: All right, Brett, put those crops away. What are you doing?
Speaker 2: You get gibbets on them too?
Speaker 3: What are you doing to hey, Tyler?
Speaker 2: Tyler, it's.
Speaker 3: It's the quiet guy sitting on the phone. He was so chilling a lot and I can't. I didn't want to drive. Thank you, Thank you for pulling over. So are we going to get Tyler in the pit? We are.
Speaker 4: We've got pit passes.
Speaker 3: Pretty say, hopefully you're available on Saturday and you have the proper footwear.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: All right, Tyler.
Speaker 2: We'll see you at the sold out buzzfest. That's today's fin passes.
Speaker 3: They are out the door. I think Chili was.
Speaker 1: Using that phrase because he was out this week with a wad of tickets.
Speaker 2: Yep to take a hot ticket wad.
Speaker 1: Thank you Drew, great words today, everybody, thank you for your submission.
Speaker 10: Houston Rock, Houston's alternative and home at the rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The.
Speaker 3: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz popa roach, even if it kills me.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Show Throwback Thursday, Man, I haven't looked. Just real quick, we want to get into the final Houston Headlines of the day.
Speaker 3: Throwback Thursday. Winning song played at nine thirty.
Speaker 2: Sixty two percent.
Speaker 1: Blue October, still continuing their dominance.
Speaker 3: They have never not led this morning, and it's like it's not even fair. I think second, third, and fourth place are just all in last place right now. Yeah, Blue October is going to be played at nine thirty today.
Speaker 1: Your votes have been very, very loud. What have we got here? One final time Houston's Headlines?
Speaker 3: Please good morning. President Donald Trump met with the South African president yesterday. Things got a little tense when Trump rolled out of TV in the meeting and showed everyone a video claiming it proved white genocide against South African farmers.
Speaker 4: The South African.
Speaker 3: President denied the allegations, calling it a crime, yes, but not a government policy issue. Elon Musk was in the room. He was born in South Africa. He looked visibly upset by the whole entire encounter. The visit was intended to improve relations, and there was one joking moment, lighthearted if you will, when the South African president said he wished his country had a plane to give Donald Trump like Katar diet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was kind of a joke, but it kind of was also.
Speaker 3: A backhanded compliment.
Speaker 12: Is she is she?
Speaker 2: And then and then Trump doubled down. I wish he did have one to give us.
Speaker 4: I would take it.
Speaker 1: He said he wasn't gonna be phased by that comment at all.
Speaker 3: The founder of the Texas Renaissance Festival died yesterday. We're sitting here in the studio. We got a newsler about a dead body in the guy's house. It was finally revealed it was him, George Colum, that guy you know who he is, the Texas Renfest Guy, the central to the festival's fifty year history, King George, as he was known. There is he the guy that is the King? Is he the Hazah the King guy?
Speaker 4: Yes, Okay, not big.
Speaker 3: He was like the super old dude. He was also the mayor of that incorporated area called Todd Mission, Texas. If you follow the drama, there's been quite a bit Like the Netflix series, then there was some legal ownership battle going on. The festival, though, has become the largest and most iconic wren themed festival in the United States. King George was eighty eight, all right. With the holiday weekend and National Burger Day approaching, yelp has come out with a list of the top burger chains in the country and what a Burger is not in the top ten. To make it even worse, yelp In and Out Burger is number one. Okay, this is the only bit of homework I need you to do.
Speaker 1: Please, just after nine o'clock, I'd like to know how many In and Out Burger locations there are and how many what Burger locations there are?
Speaker 3: Okay, fair, because they have more exposure.
Speaker 2: I know, they have more big city exposure.
Speaker 4: And when I say that, LA, it's all in the West.
Speaker 3: Coast, LA.
Speaker 1: You know, like it's a cult out there. In and Out Burger and the one that's in Katie. I think there's still a line wrapped around the building every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have one in like Stafford, you do, and it's always really busy. Yeah, it's good. The number one, like number four on the list is Culver's. That represents our region.
Speaker 2: Yep, they have those here.
Speaker 3: But have you ever had a burger there?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 3: Oh, they're the Butterburgers, aren't they. I think Culver's does the butter burgers.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get a call. I'm sure they're up in Conroe. Crap, I'm sure they're all over.
Speaker 3: We have one culture.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. We're gonna have to try it out.
Speaker 3: Okay, burger those are everywhere, right, Smash for her is on the list. They're number sixteen though, Okay, what a burger fourteen. Let's talk about Kim K because she graduated from law school technically great, congratulations. She started studying law six years ago. This has been a thing. Shouldn't actually go to law school. She completed what's called a law office study program. She spent more than five thousand hours doing legal work. All while doing everything Kim K does. She was running multiple businesses, raising her kiddos. Can we hire her as a lawyer?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 4: She hasn't passed the bar yet.
Speaker 3: So she took the baby bar back in twenty twenty one and passed that, which is great.
Speaker 2: Do we have to call her a lawyer?
Speaker 3: Did you do baby law I.
Speaker 4: Don't think zo.
Speaker 3: She has to pass the real bar exam if she wants to practice legally.
Speaker 4: All right, congrats to her. That's a big feat no matter what.
Speaker 3: Rod, have you ever done one of those music cruises, like on the big cruise ships. No, but there's a couple out there.
Speaker 1: We had a couple that would come out to our events and they called in.
Speaker 3: They went on the Creed Cruise.
Speaker 2: People laugh about it. They're like, this is the best time.
Speaker 4: They've very popular.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these rock cruises are huge right now.
Speaker 3: So they just announced the twenty twenty six ship Rocked Cruise and their lineup is a New Year's Eve trip one. But the lineup is insane, Hailstorm, Motionless and White Knocked Loose. There's twenty acts total. So I see wage war on here a wall nation, but Hailstorm is like the big one on the very final night before they leave the Bahamas. Looks like a fun time. The event nearly sold out. They all sell out to people love it.
Speaker 1: But even like the old do wop, rock and roll, you know, Frankie Valley, all those cruises that are music centric, because they all sell out.
Speaker 3: I think we should try it at one time, maybe next year. Those are stings headlines. I've never been on a cruise before.
Speaker 1: It's cool, is it? You're either you either like it or you don't. Though the some people hate it.
Speaker 4: I'm a little nervous.
Speaker 8: I think it's.
Speaker 2: Cool, but I've always gone with a group of people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what about the Disney one? I haven't yet, at least from Galveston, I say, yet, there's a lot of from Galaston though that yes coming all right.
Speaker 2: What do you got?
Speaker 3: Sports? Well, the Astros thought of the Rays yesterday eight to four.
Speaker 5: Tonight they're gonna open up a four game series with the Mariners. Lansoccullers will be on the mount for the show. Is going up against Seattle's George Kirby. First pitches at seven ten. You can listen to that game on our sister station's Sports Talk seven ninety and News Radio seven forty k t H. The Pacers got by the Nixon overtime, one thirty eight to one thirty five in Game one, of the Eastern Conference Finals and in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Stars came back from down three to one to beat the Oilers six to three in Game one of the Western Conference Finals.
Speaker 3: That because what's going on?
Speaker 12: Boots ho Houston's alternative and tell them at the rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. On this throwback Thursday, Blue October dominating these other songs don't have a chance at this point. I'm just I'm calling it now. I could have called it at seven o'clock in the morning that Blue October was going to be the song that would be played at nine point thirty.
Speaker 3: It's not even close. It's not even.
Speaker 1: Fair to the other bands that pod in there and just dominating your votes this morning. So yeah, keep voting. Sure, hit us up on links and guests while you're there. Stop by the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. We need help. I need your help always. I need money. I need money to go buy backpacks for kids, and there is merchandise up there. Get a little something for your donation. Pick up one of our brand new T shirts. Pick up one of our brand new koozies and hats. You buy some of the new stuff, then you'll see the old stuff that's in there. Whatever we have left, I've already paid for all that stuff, so you get it at a discount and more money for the charity, more everything.
Speaker 3: I need you to spend some money in the store.
Speaker 1: Please hit us up on the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. I don't put up links to make you upset. What happened, Well, people got upset about that link. The best barbecue. We covered that recently.
Speaker 4: Which state slush City, city city?
Speaker 2: Yes, which city has been?
Speaker 4: Was it in the top anything?
Speaker 1: Wasn't in the top ten for sure? And people got upset about that.
Speaker 3: Right now, it's the.
Speaker 1: Best burgers in America. In and Out is number one. In and Out has four hundred and eighteen restaurants operating in the United States. What a Burger There is currently one thy one hundred and twelve what a Burger locations?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: And twelve to four hundred and eighteen. So you can't say, well, there's not many water burgers. Because again we talked about the best supermarkets, and hib wasn't number one. People think, well, if I think it's number one, and it's my favorite, and it's local that should be number one on the list.
Speaker 3: We know there's not as many as some of.
Speaker 2: These other locations, so hgib also not on that list.
Speaker 3: Whataburger we love.
Speaker 2: We think they should be higher. They're fourteen on the list.
Speaker 3: That's garbage.
Speaker 1: They should get on social media because they're social media.
Speaker 3: Person's really really good Whataburger?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're funny, they're social media.
Speaker 1: Whoever's running that is really really good. I think I think you should go into action. I would just launch.
Speaker 2: I'd launch a full on war against in and out.
Speaker 3: Just do it, Just do it.
Speaker 1: Yesterday I put up a link and this is probably pretty good for the weekend.
Speaker 2: You could go back.
Speaker 1: It was talking about and it was rating sunscreens, and the one takeaway that I had said, seventy five percent of sunscreens aren't safe and effective.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm passionate about this, so don't get me started.
Speaker 1: So I guess if I'm just giving you the Sports Center edition on something that's very important, I probably should take more time on it. But if your go to sunblock is in a spray form, it's not going to be as safe and effective effective as.
Speaker 3: A cream that we all know is annoying, streaky, yes.
Speaker 2: Smeary, leaving, leaving white.
Speaker 3: Stuff to fall over the place. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Okay.
Speaker 1: So this Environmental Working Group, which I guess is the go to for this sort of thing, it's their annual report on the best sunscreens to buy, and one out of four suns screens on the market are actually safe and effective. And it doesn't mean that seventy five percent of them don't work. It's much more about the word safe and the chemicals inside of them. Yes, so what you're looking for is mineral based over chemicals, and more of the rub on lotion ones are going to be mineral based. And then the chemicals apparently is one that helped the aerosol.
Speaker 3: Type so expensive.
Speaker 1: It's better to use something than nothing, correct, So I guess we need to say that. But they said that a T shirt has like an SPF of four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the equivalent of SPF four, And you.
Speaker 3: Got to buy the swim shirts that have SPF in them. Yeah, fishing shirts.
Speaker 2: That was something that I had learned.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's way easier for kids.
Speaker 1: You think you have a T shirt and it's like the UV rays are going through that T shirt, which wow, and I guess the same thing goes with your glasses and everything.
Speaker 3: You know, you need UV.
Speaker 4: Protection, protect yourself frauds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you said this is big for you, So you are you slathering up the kids?
Speaker 3: It's the kids?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well see I've ruined my skin because I laid it in a tanning bed and I loved it.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but so the kids are so fresh or so new you don't want to mess them up already. So I'm trying to do what's right, but it's really hard and really expensive.
Speaker 1: So what I did is this was yesterday on Links and Guests, the top soun's picks for kids daily use outdoor activities. I mean, I know people, and it's not just chicks, it's dudes that put on this.
Speaker 3: Every day is part of the like morning routine.
Speaker 2: I'm not that guy.
Speaker 1: I need to do it better because I know that my bald head is a sun collector. So in general, mineral based sunblocks have the two main ingredients you're looking for, zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, which it doesn't sound good for you, but apparently it is.
Speaker 3: It is but yet than the alternative there.
Speaker 1: And the other takeaway from this is you kind of get what you pay for, so the more expensive.
Speaker 2: Ones are gonna be usually better for.
Speaker 3: I'm using so much of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, mom, it's the last week of alternative income and that's that's a good reminder because a lot of us are going to be out all day at Buzzfest and I don't have Tessa yelling at me. I saw her last Sunday and she immediately just walked up to me and sprayed my head. I'm like, how do you I don't have.
Speaker 2: Any on She goes, do it you?
Speaker 3: I said no.
Speaker 1: So it's a good reminder at Buzzfast Boom you got the Sun's Greens. Okay, you need that for that all day party that we're throwing. Go get a thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Good luck, Houston.
Speaker 12: And The rod Ryan Morning Show. Six am.
Speaker 1: The buzz All right, we are back. Good morning everybody. Thank you for spending some time with us. Thank you to everybody that went into the rod Ryan Show Cares online store.
Speaker 2: It's greatly appreciated. I know some people are just kind of shopping.
Speaker 1: Around and browsing and taking a look at what the new summer gear looks like pull the trigger on that stuff. Man, Go grab a T shirt or two or three or ten cooozies and hats.
Speaker 2: And all that fun stuff. Get that coffee mug.
Speaker 1: It's all going to a good cause as we are trying to raise money all summer long to purchase backpacks full of school supplies for kids that need it too.
Speaker 2: All right, Alex big Win today on read.
Speaker 3: My lips, I was just happy. We all. I had fun. Yeah, me and Chillian. I know that's job one for you.
Speaker 5: Online Kid's Alix online five. The muss you got Kay's well is called upside down maps, and you're going to be looking at upside down versions of other countries and trying to guess.
Speaker 3: What country's doing. I don't know them. Right side that say, I think people will struggle that. I mean, what this one is? No an upside down boot. A boot looks like an upside down boot.
Speaker 2: I just went through this with my kid, with my child.
Speaker 3: The boot.
Speaker 2: I go find me the boot.
Speaker 3: It's this country, find me the boot.
Speaker 4: I have no idea, what is it?
Speaker 2: Find me the boot?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I guess I'm sending my kids to uncle Rod's House, and it's time to learn.
Speaker 1: This Italy no idea, the boot Italy.
Speaker 3: I had never heard of it, and it's kicking sicily yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: So why do is go look at uh at the outlines of these countries that are upside down and see how many of them you can correctly name none to them all. Let me know you can do any the Web Famous Ride, ran Ship Paget, the most dot Com True First.
Speaker 1: Show one five the ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Thank you, thank you, thank you for having us on.
Speaker 2: Man, I haven't mentioned the three Things you Must see link in forever.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I just don't get time. But if you do, get a chance.
Speaker 2: Today we now know.
Speaker 1: What the world record is for balancing spoons on your body?
Speaker 3: Oh good? You know good? Isn't that what the Internet's for? How many spoons do you think you can balance on your body?
Speaker 4: Can I be laying down or DoD have to be seanding up? Later a thousand?
Speaker 2: Well, then you would be featured on three Things you must.
Speaker 19: What is it?
Speaker 3: I don't know ninety six I definitely get one hundred ninety six.
Speaker 1: Let's go, let's do it, dude, let's fire up our TikTok account. The world record for balancing spoons in your body is ninety six. Three things you must see today. I thought it was interesting, and then something kind of different. There's a lot of food deals and Memorial Day weekend stuff where there's there's food and veterans and there's food deals out there, and that's on the food blog page. But I thought what should be at the headline? I thought you might be interested to see how Tom Cruise eats popcorn?
Speaker 3: Is it bad?
Speaker 1: He eats about as intensely as he does everything else in his life.
Speaker 3: But he had the whole thing.
Speaker 5: Where he said he eats a bucket of popcorn at every movie he goes to, and then they showed what he was doing. And it's the smallest popcorn you can get. So that's not a bucket of popcorn. So he's a liar.
Speaker 2: I don't think a lot of crappy food enters that temple.
Speaker 5: Now, okay, if you have a small popcorn, you man, I just housed a whole popcorn.
Speaker 3: Is that's not a real popcorn.
Speaker 2: He's intense about it, I'll say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So if you want to see Tom Cruise intensely eating popcorn.
Speaker 3: I have that for you.
Speaker 1: That's on the food blog page today. Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: You guys ready, I mean for the big reveal. We could have called it as soon as we put it up. They never not led. They have more votes.
Speaker 1: If you take the three losers combined, they have more votes. That is sheer domination, Stabbing Westward eight percent of the vote, Pod Southtown fifteen percent of the vote. Evans Blue Cold but I'm still here sixteen percent of the vote.
Speaker 3: Sixty percent of the vote.
Speaker 2: In our four pack of buzzfest.
Speaker 1: Voting, Blue October is your winner. The hometown heroes will be up on stage with everyone else that I mentioned. If you're looking for Blue October set, it's six point fifteen.
Speaker 3: Everyone else is before them.
Speaker 1: Marilyn Manson will be at seven forty five and Chevelle Bee at nine thirty. Set times are on the Instagram at rod Ryan's show. But can congratulations man, Blue October Sheer dominance Today.
Speaker 3: Mom, it's so back Thursday. Whatever the hell that is.
Speaker 1: Here's your Throwback Thursday winner on ninety four five.
Speaker 3: The buzz.
Speaker 2: To all of you in the way.
Speaker 16: I push you, sir, Please burn down together.
Speaker 2: I refuse to rena.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 8: Of your day. So it's my hand Rice table, Missa Cody race because we.
Speaker 2: Are not moving on.
Speaker 3: And look me fall along man, I'm.
Speaker 8: The mystery of everybody knows the start. To show us how we got thists we are.
Speaker 2: It would be who don't ahead?
Speaker 8: But I think you'll take away the fighting.
Speaker 2: I wanted.
Speaker 1: Everything.
Speaker 3: It's starting over. I heard just shut down, shop boy.
Speaker 2: I'm taking it over year.
Speaker 3: I've never gone.
Speaker 8: Stop all fun, never gone stop.
Speaker 20: The cre.
Speaker 7: Creme.
Speaker 2: I'm sure. Just speak So.
Speaker 8: Friends, try craye if we are and you be me fall my mister, thatverybody know scar to show us how we got to stall. If we are, we are and we don't there, but I think you'll take away.
Speaker 11: To fight and.
Speaker 3: I want it.
Speaker 8: I want it, I want it, want it, I want it up. Fris K SAMs. Show us out.
Speaker 3: More than you haven't.
Speaker 12: Did the Rod Ryan Show ninety four or five, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five, Buzz twenty one, Pilots Blue October before that. It'll be good to see Justin and the boys out there at Buzzfest this Saturday. Sold out show. Yes, do we have pit tickets? Yes, tomorrow is our last pair. I like to think that I know Chili a little bit, just the last day before Buzzfest. So seems like the kind of thing he would put on Know The Show, like the last thing we do before we.
Speaker 3: Get out of here.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 3: It seems like the last thing he would do. I don't know.
Speaker 1: They're at eight twenty today. My guess he's put him on Know the Show tomorrow.
Speaker 3: But I believe isn't.
Speaker 2: Jeremy's out right, Reno's in.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: So Reno's gonna have a pair of pit passes. Teresa will have him pit passes, but Alex has the only other tickets to Buzzfest. Yeah, you're going to be out living dangerously, going out on Friday night.
Speaker 2: I love this place, dude.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, you're gonna get caught up.
Speaker 2: The people are great, there's gonna be family. He's out there.
Speaker 3: It is a party. Tell everybody where are you gonna be fried to night?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Porky's Backyard in Humble tomorrow night from eight to ten pm with eight more pair, last eight pair available of bus Vest tickets.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. You got a new past. The gravy up.
Speaker 5: Brand New talked about selling souls, whether or not the Grim Reapers misunderstood secret lives and Mormon wives get into that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so are you by osmosis? My wife watches it. I need to do the thing.
Speaker 5: I need to do the thing where you shut up and stop commenting on it, because like when, like what, what is what's going on in this football game? Why do you care so much? Like I'm being that about But that's not They're not really mad. This isn't real, Like I get I don't know. I hated it, but we made fun of it on.
Speaker 1: The on the show, is your wife hate watching it or is she watched watching She's into it? Okay, you're kind of like hate watching a little bit over her shoulder.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm like, this is what if she's cooking dinner, I'm not gonna change the channel because she's making food for this.
Speaker 3: So like you can watch and I'll watch stuff on my iPad.
Speaker 5: But as I was watching the the NBA and hockey game last night, I just had that on the iPad, which she's watching that this is a ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Show quality programming. But are you watching obsessed?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: So I hear YouTube chit chatting about it.
Speaker 1: I'm not in but I hear like in between a little grace and watch it and so no, you need to hold yourself accountable.
Speaker 4: He's making fun of the show.
Speaker 5: That's what they say every fourteen seconds, accountable accountability while being not accountable at all. And it's also called secret lives, and their lives are the most out in the open things ever.
Speaker 1: I would hate myself if I watched even two minutes of that show.
Speaker 3: They're all banging each other's husbands. It's tree, it's not true. New Past the Gravy, New Past the Gravy, It's awesome. You gotta love. It's not a cigarette live up wherever you use your podcast. Check out our YouTube.
Speaker 2: That's Alex's podcast. It's called Past the Gravy. All right, uh mo, today, what are we giving away?
Speaker 3: Unmode? The show? The show I have Coheat and Cambria with taking back Sunday tickets. They're gonna be at seven to one three Music Hall in September. Tickets on sale now at ticketmaster dot com. Or you can know the show and we'll give you a pair. Okay, question on the flip of this break.
Speaker 12: And the Rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five to Buzz. Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Thank you so much for being a part of Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: We got one last bit of business to get to before we get out of here. Time for the show. What tickets do you have over there?
Speaker 3: I have tickets to Cohed and Cambria with Taking Back Sunday. They're going to be at seven one three Music Hall, September eighth. Tickets on sale now ticketmaster dot com or you can win them if you know the show.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite Coheed Cambria song?
Speaker 3: Oh that one that we just play the other day.
Speaker 2: The one that we don't play on the air. Okay, what's your question?
Speaker 3: My question, I'm not going to trivia. My question, which camping tools does Alex currently have in his backpack because he's out of the tent. Alex came out of the tent this morning.
Speaker 1: Came out of the tent. You're an inspiration camper for all the young campers out there hiding. True, you're out of the tenting.
Speaker 3: He's so much of a camper that he currently has camping tools in his backpack right now.
Speaker 4: What are they?
Speaker 3: Seven? One, three, two one two, five, four five.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Crock alternate ninety four five.
Speaker 1: The Buzz All right, here we go, come on ninety four or five The Buzz getting ready to wrap up a throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys so much for spending some time with us this morning.
Speaker 3: Don't go anywhere. Josh Reno, he's an awesome dude.
Speaker 1: He's in for Jeremy and he's going to give you a shot at some uh pit tickets at the Buzzfest. I think he probably puts those in the pick your tickets in the one o'clock hour because he's going to do the NonStop noon or he'll rock the whole twelve o'clock hour. He's got no time for commercials. But yeah, to pick your tickets in the one o'clock hour, that would be where I would beat Reno up.
Speaker 3: A little bit about pitt passes for Buzzfest.
Speaker 2: Chili know the show tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Pit passes is that where you're putting them big stretch stretching.
Speaker 12: You don't know.
Speaker 3: I might feel crazy and give him one hit to hit do it? Do it?
Speaker 2: That would be crazy.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, that's why I said that crazy. So right now you are right not to show Okay, today.
Speaker 2: We got Cohen Cambria taking back Sunday tickets.
Speaker 3: Let's do the damn thing. He's now time for know this show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 2: Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Hey, good morning great.
Speaker 3: Who's this Blake? Welcome in, Blake, Good luck to you mo. This is Blake. Hey Blake. I have a question for you, good bam. Which camping tools does Alex currently have in his backpack?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, I'm utenfil you're right?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 3: Does? Are they switch blade utensils or like butterfly night? Not camping your things? They look like a Swiss army knife. They something that fell in there off the dinner table yesterday. They fell into your backround.
Speaker 5: Somebody gave them to me and I put him on back back months ago and just found them near to day.
Speaker 2: Now you were given them? Why would they give those to you?
Speaker 3: Because they looked like knives.
Speaker 1: And would be used maybe when not when camping camp.
Speaker 2: Here here's the utensils. Now go buy your.
Speaker 3: Subaru and uh and go camp.
Speaker 2: You win, Blake, You're the winner.
Speaker 3: What are you giving them?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: I have toake a three to see con even Cambria with taking back Sunday September eighth seven to three Music Hall. If you want to go camping sometimes Blake.
Speaker 4: We got a guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Like Blake, all right, thank you, Blake, hang on for me.
Speaker 1: Winner today, all right. Three time Hall of Famer Sean Oh double O seven. His name Sean Connery. He tried, but Norm just I don't know. Norm is unbeatable again today.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He proved that he can win a game. He didn't just get handed that game. He definitely won that game. So congratulations. Norm continues as winning ways. He'll go into tomorrow morning trying to get win number three. Alex won Tyler the pit passes on Read my Lips today. That other dude was trying to tell us he's going to be wearing crocs in the pit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think that helps Brett.
Speaker 1: Everyone that helped with words today on Read my Lips, thank you very much. Everyone that went in and even just took a look. I know a lot of people did go make some purchases today.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan shokeres online score. I got to see what you guys are looking at and.
Speaker 2: Go ladies.
Speaker 1: The lady shirts are selling very very well right now, so thank you very much.
Speaker 3: I think we got some good designs.
Speaker 2: I think we have some great shirts picked out.
Speaker 1: Thank you Deb and everybody over at BMP for helping us out with these designs and everything. So tomorrow's our last pair of pit passes. Is going to put him in on Know the Show as of right now unless he something changes, but I think he's going to keep him on Know the Show tomorrow and then we'll turn you loose for the long weekend Memorial Day.
Speaker 3: All that good stuff.
Speaker 1: Alex is out at Porky's tomorrow, so we'll remind you about that. Tomorrow is also free Beer Friday. We'll give away beer every hour. So Reno is up next, and don't forget number one linked today was the Fistagram Thursday, Alex has a brand new Past the Gravy podcast up. That's wherever you listen to podcast, but it is on links and guests. So Reno, come on in NonStop nooner pick your ticks in the one o'clock hour. All that good stuff, guys, we're on a twenty hour break.
Speaker 3: We'll do it all again tomorrow.
Speaker 2: We'll do it better a m F.
Speaker 3: Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 1: If you missed any of the show Today, all the good stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 3: Check it out the
Speaker 1: World famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com