Speaker 1: Die for your nine first morning weather. Whole cast cold out there, going up to twenty one degrees, sunny skies though overnight low of twelve clouds through a win. We do have some snow flurries possible tomorrow, Isolated flurries in the morning, it's more maybe snow in the afternoon. High a thirty three overnight low of twenty three with a few flurries possible. Finally, it'll be a dry Friday, partly cloudy thirty nine the high, and then rain is supposed to kick in overnight and into the Saturday morning. Right now, one degree fifty five krc DE talk station Chuck Ingram, what's going on out there.
Speaker 2: From the ucl Traffic Center. Don't let injuries slow you down. The UC Health Orthopedic sand sports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule a same day appointment at ucehealth dot com. Cruise continue to work for the wreck eastbound two seventy five before the Riggan Highway. Traffic is banking up past the seventy four ramps in Bend. Seventy four slows from above Montana. There's an accidents southbound seventy one at the two seventy five ramp Kingram on fifty five KRC The Talk Station.
Speaker 1: A twenty nine and fifty five KRC he Talk Station. A very happy Wednesday to you. Always a great time to be listening to the fifty five CARSS Morning Show. Appointment listening is what I call it, and I sit on the edge of my seat waiting around for Wednesdays at eight thirty to talk to Judge Andrew Nepolitana. Welcome back, my dear friend. It's a real pleasure to have you on him.
Speaker 3: What a shot.
Speaker 1: He froze up? What happened, Joe, Well, we'll have to reboot him. Okay, there he is, Okay, you are back. You're not chopliff. You almost got it out before the before the network froze up there. But now I you know, some of the days, like I said, he does traffic for about nineteen or twenty different cities. May be an exaggeration, but sometimes he just forgets so apologies for that. I think you lost track of what day of the week it was, because you know, he's not allowed out of the room. Back there, right, he.
Speaker 3: Got me back. His gremlins canceled my video for about two seconds.
Speaker 1: That's okay. I can see you again. It's always a pleasure seeing you're still in your second your second studio. You're still in New York.
Speaker 3: I am. I tried to get the virtual background on so I could fool you and you would think I was in New Jersey, but I couldn't get it to go on this morning, So.
Speaker 1: You make okay, So I'm supposed to feel sorry for you because you're in New York or okay, I'll just let that sit anyway. Please do please do a switch in time. You know almost anticipated you know, if you had asked me before I got the copy of your column, which comes out tonight at midnight, what you might talk about. I thought, you know, perhaps Tulsea Gabbard might be on the list.
Speaker 3: What Shakespeare once said, Lily's that fester smell far worse than weeds. There is no worse enemy than a former friend. And when she was nominated, or when Donald Trump, the President elect, indicated his intention to nominate her to run all of the intelligence agencies, those of us in the libertarian world, those of us who believe that the Constitution, in this case, the Fourth Amendment, means what it says, were overjoyed. It was almost too good to be true because as a member of Congress, Telsey Gabbard, her speeches could have been written by Congressman Thomas Massy, or Brian Thomas, or even me. She fiercely opposed mass warrantless spying. She voted against the congressional unconstitutional but legal authorizations for all of this nominated by Trump. Gets beaten up in the press a little bit by the Deep State and by their Republican accolytes, and she does a one hundred and eighty degree flip. I'm now in favor of section seven oh two. Seven oh two is the section of the Paisa Act which was written after Edward Snowden's revelations in order to make legal the unconstitutional warrantless spying on every American that Snowden revealed. And the way they did this was to say, well, we have to be able to spy on foreign persons. The fourth and moment doesn't apply to foreigners. That it applies to everybody. Just read the language. It applies to all people. Foreign persons are people, so we can spy without warrants on foreign persons. So what happens when those foreigners talk to Americans? What happens when I talk to my cousins in Florence, or an art dealer in Geneva or a bookseller in London, Well, then they can listen to that person's calls, not just with me, but all of their calls. And they can listen to my calls because I spoke to a foreign person, and not just my calls, but everybody that I talked to and everybody that they talk to, and carry that out to the sixth generation of conversations. Do the math that covers all three hundred and thirty million Americans in spite on without warrants legally under Section seven oh two, profoundly unconstitutional, condemned and rejected by Telsea Gabbert, and now embraced by her. So she can get this job, Well, it would be like me being nominated for the Supreme Court, and in order to get confirmed, I came out and said, I'm in favor of the American government spying and everybody. The Fourth Amendment doesn't mean what it says.
Speaker 1: Well, I know you would never say that much in the same way you said you would say you never embrace abortion. But beyond that did she offered up an explanation for her dramatic flip.
Speaker 3: No, she has not, And I'm I don't know if there's anybody on the Senate Intelligence Committee which will ate her, who shares our views. My guess is there is not. Normally, the powers that be do not put a person on either the Senator or the House Intelligence Committee who believes that the intelligence community should comply with the Constitution like the rest of the government. So I don't know if anybody is going to ask her this. Her flip was not made public. It was just leaked out by the Trump transition team. It's mind boggling. President Trump knows he knows this because I explained it to him personally privately. This is the part of the law that was used to spy on you and me when I was in your office in Trump Tower, before you were the president of the United States. And this is the part of the law that Jim Comey, whom you fired and company used to spy on you during your first term in office. And now this second part I didn't say to him because I haven't spoken to him recently. And you want her to embrace this part of the law.
Speaker 1: It really is mind boggling. And who more than a president of the United States of America talks to foreigners. I mean, he talks to foreign leaders all the time. He's already opened the door of him to firms to be you know, just literally spied on because he has communications with foreign leaders. It's part of his job requirement.
Speaker 3: You know. I once asked one of my ex CIA guys that's on Judging Freedom, does the intelligence community spy on the White House? And sort of a guilty look appeared in his face, and he said yes. But if I had answered this question truthfully while I was still in the government's employee I'd be looking for work.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Then I said, does Massad spy on the White House? And he said more effectively than our own intelligence agencies do. Wow.
Speaker 1: Is right? Well, apparently the Israelis do have the best spy operation around. That's a room or on the street. Anyway, Now, let me just qualify this or at least further dive into it, because you know, having a conversation, you know, one presumes this is sort of a telephone call, you may say, when you call your aunt in Naples or whatever, but this would also be online communications as well.
Speaker 3: If I am community, Yes, it's texting, it's emailing and phone calling. It's all communications. What Snowden revealed. Snowdon's revelations are now ten years old. Wow. But what Snowden revealed is that every keystroke I'm holding up my iPhone on every mobile device, every laptop, and every desktop is captured by the FEDS. Now they captured in real time. They don't monitor it in real time because they don't have the assets, they don't have the human beings to monitor it in real time. If they monitored it in real time, a lot of these tragedies wouldn't occur. The tragedy and Bourbon Street on New Year's Eve I think it was, or maybe it was New Year's Day. By the time it actually happened, that would never happen because they would have seen all this guy's texts and emails, all the plotting and planning that they now have. So if all this spying on us is information overload to the point where they can't even use it to keep us safe, what is the value of it? Indeed, I only have it unconstitutional. Not only is it a violation of our natural rights, it doesn't work well.
Speaker 1: And to the extent they said, well, we can use it in prosecutions after the fact, you know, to prove motive and to sort of support the allegations against them for murder or terrorism or what have you. But that would open the door to someone making a legal challenge in core like along the lines of emotion to suppress and go after that.
Speaker 3: That's the last thing that they want. I will never introduce this evidence because the last thing they want is for some federal judge to invalidate the statute. There are portions of the Patriot Act that have been invalidated by federal judges, three or four in southern California, have one very famously involved in the Bridgeport librarians in Connecticut. None of those invalidations were appealed to circuit courts because of facts, were terrified they'd be affirmed. So all they try to do now is avoid those particular federal judges.
Speaker 1: That's a disgrace, indeed it is. And let me just suggest that you make a very valid point information overload, there's no possible way anyone could ever real time monitor this. Maybe that's what the big rush for artificial intelligence is, because maybe AI could process this filter through language and shoot up red flags for communications that contain sort of warning sign language in it.
Speaker 3: Probably probably so, George Orwell was right. He was just off by a couple of years.
Speaker 1: No question about it. Well as we always do. Let's end the segment on judging freedom your podcasts, and I encourage my listeners to find it online. And who are you going to be speaking with today, sir?
Speaker 3: I have Aaron Mate today, Pepe Escobar, Phil Geraldy and tomorrow the great You should have been seated where Pete Hegseth was yesterday. But life doesn't always work out for the best. Colonel Douglas McGregor.
Speaker 1: All right, great line up, your honor, and always a great conversation with you. I appreciate your thoughtful analysis and your ongoing support of the Fourth Amendment, in spite of the fact that no one in power seems to Carol Witt about it until next Wednesday, my friend, best of health.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Brian. Right back at you.
Speaker 1: My pleasure, sir. It's eight forty right now. I fifty five KRC
Speaker 3: The talk station, fifty five KARC