Speaker 1: Down South. Hood Baby, hope you're ready because it's sad and where she's about to get weird, be preparing for incident. Weird thinks are gonna get weird. It's getting weird. I'm gonna get real weird with it. Let's get weird. Let's get it. Where where getting? Where? Are you ready to get weird with Hoodie and Eric?
Speaker 2: I'm ready?
Speaker 1: And then listen to do the two hundred and twenty first episode of Let's Get Weird. My name's Hoddy May, I'm were And every week we come together give you the weird stories from our lives, the streets, the sheets, the ups, the downs, all arounds, and youranus and the internet. Sometimes you just have a good old time, you know, just hanging out two friends. Mid April. You know, next week's May. Somehow it's not really in the middle. It's kind of the end. Wait is next week? Yeah, you're April?
Speaker 2: Home?
Speaker 1: My god? Next week's my wedding anniversary. I'll be married for a year next week. Holy cry up baby, time flies. My anniversary gift gets here abouts a whole different problem. It's in New York, so it is not there anymore. I'm not gonna say where because I'll give it away. I won't say so. Fingers crossed New York isn't that far from here. And it went through HM some things and it's here now or it's gonna be here soon hopefully. Is it gonna make it? I hope it's just like you. I don't want to be the first anniversary, like I got you something, but it's not here yet. It's in the mail.
Speaker 2: But you got her something in president you got but you got it something. You got her something. It's something.
Speaker 1: Sorry, more, you got her something. So yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying. Past next week, let's talk about this past weekend. This past weekend was a lot of fun for me personally. Yeah. Yes, I had a good time with my son Max.
Speaker 2: We decided, well I decided that being how we he's on spring break because of his private school.
Speaker 1: It just started so Friday.
Speaker 2: For what we did Friday, we really didn't do a lot of stuff, fun stuff Friday, but we did stuff Friday, and then Sat, I was, you know what, let's go down to Ocean City. Let's take the drive and see what it's like on a Saturday morning. And we left. I thought we left kind of late we left the ten got there around one and we walked on the beach and he wanted to get in the water.
Speaker 1: I stupidly forgot my uh, sweat jack, sweat jacket, sweat swimsuit. Swim in it too.
Speaker 2: I intentionally forgot swim suit because I knew Max wou want to get in the water in Ocean City.
Speaker 1: I don't have you ever been Ocean City. No, it's in Delaware, right.
Speaker 2: No, it's Maryland. Still, there's Ocean City, New Jersey. There's Ocean City, Maryland. There's two different Citi. No, you passed Fagers Island is in Delaware.
Speaker 1: Ocean City, Maryland. May.
Speaker 2: Yeah, once you pass Fagers, now you're in Delaware. But yeah, just look at the map, sweetheart, go to Fager's there.
Speaker 1: Okay, right there, See there's on the border. Right, it's right on the border on the border.
Speaker 2: Uh. And so we were all the way down by First Street, by where the boardwalk starts and Jolly Roger and Max had a great time.
Speaker 1: Wanted to get in the water. He had fun. Then we went to the Jolly Roger.
Speaker 2: We'd he go on any rides, and then we started walking the boardwalk because I was like let's just walk the boardwalk. And then little Man couldn't believe how long the line was for Thrasher fries. Well, is it like a chain or is a local it's a local Ocean City fry chain that people love their French fries.
Speaker 1: They're like double fried. They're not bad.
Speaker 2: They're actually really good, especially if you put on that vinegar malt stuff that I usually didn't put on, but I put on this past time.
Speaker 1: Not bad.
Speaker 2: And so then we walked up and down the boardwalk. We didn't do the new Musing Park. Jillie Rogers, I'm kind of mad we didn't. It was my fault because he said he wanted to go, and then he's my legs are tired, and I was like, all right, well let's go home, because then we were to go do dinner at my parents' house. And then I stopped in Easton at this great place called the Crab Shack, which I got their right five clock, right when they're closing, and I got two kind of shrimp and two clusters of crab legs because I love shrimp and I love crab leg I don't like crabs.
Speaker 1: I will not pick crabs. I know.
Speaker 2: I was born in Maryland or born in DC and been raised in Maryland my whole life. No crabs, crab legs or snow crab leggs. They're longer crabs have. Crab legs are different.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. One is longer type of crab. But it's right.
Speaker 2: Sip a taste, different ty of taste and less work to pick it. Yes, correct, crab legs are a lot easier. I hate picca. Yeah, crab cakes the lish oh should bought crab cakes too, damn next time. But we had a great Saturday, and then Sunday we woke up, went to Mass with his mom at nine thirty, and then we went to ihop and had some launcheese and then came here to the radio station so I could do my big one hundred show.
Speaker 1: And then we went to my brother's house to.
Speaker 2: Make pizzas because Max wanted to make pizza. Did Max try said pizza?
Speaker 1: No? Will Max ever try pizza? Probably not for you.
Speaker 2: He made a great little pie for me, great little pie. But yeah, So it was a fun Easter. And then yesterday him and his mom went to a rope course in Silver Spring or Sandy Point or something like that. Little man dominated, he dominated the ropes. Course, he had a great time. He's had a great couple of days on a break. There go Wednesday thing, I'm gonna take him to Dave and Busters. Thursday, probably do nothing, lazy, and then Friday we're gonna go fishing with TiO Sean.
Speaker 1: There you go. And that's why I can't go with you and change. I can't.
Speaker 2: I know, I feel bad, That's okay, but I'm excited. Good, I'm excited, and the little man is having fun.
Speaker 1: That's good. Yes, yes, hoodie and so yeah, that's in the podcast listening. Let's get oh yeah, day oh. You know, I gotta get past it at the time at all, and I just stick it.
Speaker 2: I don't know how Charlotte was, because the drunkest I've ever been in my life, in my life isn't Charlotte was in Charlotte, North Cakilak this here when you went no ten years ago, when I went with my buddy Blake and his now wife was his girlfriend at the time, and we went to go meet his her mom and a lot of her friends that still live in Charlotte, and Hoodie, the amount that I threw up that night was insane.
Speaker 1: I didn't do that. Nobody did that. I hate to tell you nobody did that, But how was it? It was good? Tell me what you did. So we went to Charlotte because Mora's birthday is the eleventh May, so we went early because we just a lot busy stuff because our brother's wedding in June and we got to show stuff going on too, so decided to do that as a little treat sky. We did get to their bory a little earlier than we needed to because it's eight o'clock flight, got there like six thirty, the one in Charlotte and in Dallas. We left Dollus where we left. It's okay, but we left got on the plane, and I prefer this type of delay I have waiting on the tarmac waiting for it to be like twenty minutes to take off, then sitting at the gate not doing anything. I'll take that any day. Yeah, you boy ran a lot of iron flames.
Speaker 2: So I'm excited that we had three hundred pages on the Hell yeah, baby, you were only in the air for an hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just got in. I got it after it. And it was one of those parts in the book where you're like oh, live action going on right now. It's the sex scenes that take me out that make me pause a little bit. Is this the second post second fourth wing? Yeah, I haven't even I'm still in chapter fourth. Okay, you'll get there. Thank god. I bought it one day, likeily, I have a trip in two weeks, so I can finish the book hopefully by them. That's why I can tackle the most reading I've found out. But yeah, on a plane or like in a road trip because More has to drive because he gets motion sick. But that was great. We landed and our hotel let us check in early. We have stayed at a JW. Marriott thanks to Mora. And they did come through, and it's a pro tip if you're going somewhere special, reach out on their social channels, which your boy did. And they got more, some macaroons, some chocolates, some candy rocks, which was fun. Not rock candy chocolate rocks. What's the rock is chocolates that look like rocks and they're painted like little like rocks you put in like a decorative garden. They can eat them. Got some prosecco coll which is great, and then we kind of had the main goal this weekend was more wanted do a couples massage, which we'll get to that a little bit, but everything else is kind of up in the air. So I said, hey, let's go. Charlotte has a county Fair and it's on the kind of the outskirts of the city. We went. County fairs have not changed since two thousand and five right now, especially in the South, like that because they don't have anything accounted for uber or lyft, because they don't exsume people are uber and lifting to the county fair what people are. We took the lyft and the address that they gave you was the middle of the county Fair, whereas lodgates. So we got dropped off where all the people who worked the county Fair live at and got to see all that, which was fun. Road two rides, a little spaceship thing that spins like you go inside and you stand up and it spins real fast. That's really fine. And then we did the one where it's like also you sit in a little car and it was in a circle kind of like up and down, which it was really fun. We had Eeny Meenie miney Mo was a song that came on and I got crushed shun Kingston that song. Okay, John loves that song. All the good things and bad things out of a County Fairy still exists in twenty twenty five, that's all I'll say. A lot of the real sketch still do. And oh, here is Superman instead of Superman, so it's themed after non copyrighted material. What do you mean, like, oh, instead of Batman, it's Nightman and it looks eerily like Batman on the right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but never I've been a roller coaster in years.
Speaker 1: The fun thing was we did get fried Twinkie. First time having it. It was okay. I didn't like it that much. It was a lot of cream in there because we have fried oros all the time here. I'm like, oh, let's get frid something we never get, you know, gotcha? It was good. That was cheap. It was five bucks. But to get the lift back, I asked the security guy on the way. I was like, hey, where should we call a lyft? And he's like, don't know, I really don't know what to tell you. I was like, all right, cool us. So the County Affair was like near a racetrack at a Charlotte Speedway or something like that. So we had to walk in front of the sign in front of the speedway to get picked up. And our uber driver was like, yeah, I have no idea what happened, but thank goodness, you guys texted me that little uber chat or the lift chat to tell them where to go. That was fun. So what would have happened then it would have been on the moment, like we're waiting a while for a ride, But I was smart and cold that when we left and it was like ten minutes then showed up, gotcha and Saturday it was great. A couple of massage you did, it was great. I know I don't get I don't get nuts. More gets a lot of nuts, I found out. So there was a little more stress, a little stress more than I do, I guess comparing to my couple's massage in Punta Kana last year, in which I would tease at the end of last week, it was a lot less sentiment. I guess intimated a bat in a in a good way in this case, but bad way because in Putakana, I tease what happened in the couples of sage they had to put something in a hairnet. Oh yeah, this time, they're like, I just worry boxers. Alright, great definitely was like, all right, it's not exposed. But that was great. Surprise more with more prosecco for a birthday, so it was cool too. And then Saturday we decided to go because we're where we stayed at was two blocks two blocks away from the Panthers stadium Bank of America Stadium, so we went to a Charlotte FC match in DC. United could learn a thing or two from Charlotte FC. So what do you think was what would you like about it? I think they're very more of a party atmosphere. They are a younger team because they've only been around for like two years. But like I think they're fan because the Panthers aren't good and Charlotte doesn't have any other sports team besides those two.
Speaker 2: People get really into talking about they got the they got the Bobcats. They've got the Bobcat, the basketball or Hornets.
Speaker 1: The Hornets they used to go to. They sucked this year so they didnt get to see him because they couldn't be in the playoffs. But uh, people, there is beer showers, so everyone by his beard and you know, we have the beer snak. They just throw their beer up in the air every time someone scores, which is like three times or something like that. But that's kind of cool, kind of cool. They have a DJ, and the DJ is doing real good. In the pre show, it was wrestlmating a Saturday, and so the in game hosts really good. Uh. He he had eat sunglasses on. I was like, we're in for a good time. He knows what's up, and like the cool thing is like somehow the crowd knows. They're like, oh, that was Eric score a goal scored by Eric and goes that's cool by Andrew Hood. I'm like, hell yeah, damn. So they did they do up At the beginning of the game. They played for the Pepas song and everyone turns around and you jump up and down with everybody, which is fun. It's a fun time. It's fun. I mean more we've been to DC United game, but this was really fun just to be in the crowd. It was nice being like, oh, we can stay as long as we want because we're two blocks away, so you walk back. Yeah, we walked back. That was wold, just like watching people seeing that and their team, their soccer team is smart because they had social people out with with little iPod stands or iPhone stands, ring lights, being like, hey, what do you think about the game. They're gonna use it for tiktoks and stuff on the street. I'm like, yeah, everyone else is doing it. Why doesn't The team's kind of cool. Yeah, but overall was a good weekend. But you do the airport and Charlotte, I kind of don't like it. It's kind of smallt I don't like it. It is not necessarily small. It's just long in one tunnel and like, I know, it looks like they're doing construction or whatever. But it's like, all right, getting this tunnel and then here is a terminal, right there. Great love it right moving on. Did have Bojangles for the first time too in the stadium. It was pretty good. Pretty good. I've never had Bojangles.
Speaker 2: Bow time, we need to go, speaking of fast food, to the Chick fil a Blue Kitchen. Yes, we're not gonna go today because tonight me, Hoodie, John Shelby and Severe if she shows up, are gonna go to the Nats versus Orioles game at Nats Park, which is gonna be a lot of fun, gonna meet a bullpen.
Speaker 1: Around and got the Korean corn cheese dog.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna get that first? Or we're gonna get that because I'm gonna go make a bee line to the bar.
Speaker 1: Well, we'd be drinking beforehand in the bullpen. Yeah, I know that's why you need more drinks and be lining to the bar because it's called eric and I've taken the metro this time. I never metro. If you get your foody, if you're supposed up, you can't get foodie.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna go do what I want to do. Okay, you can't tell me today. We're going today because the oriols versus Nats. But also it's five dollars Tuesday. Everything's supposed to be five dollars. You're in hot dog and concession some snacky summer I just saw.
Speaker 1: Korean dog won't probably be five dollars. Definitely won't be five do that's usually fifteen dollars. You buy me one. Damn bro Hey, peak card it up, baby, we should have had it. We should have it, damn it.
Speaker 2: No, Rob can't go tonight because tonight is Dustin's birthday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it'll be fun. I tagged not bringing my glove because yeah, why would you? Okay, and Oreos aren't doing so well, so it'll be interesting game. Yeah, which is strange to the ocean. But this might be the game where they pass on their luck to one another and then continue the rest of the season. Well yeah, so I couldn't find it, but yeah, that's what I think. That's okay, But I'll see because I've never been to a Tuesday game, been to a Thursday game. But we'll just see. Like, is the crowd gonna be packed? I don't think so, which is why everything's five dollars. But that's how they give people to come on Tuesday nights.
Speaker 2: Usually it was college night back in the day where if you had your college idea.
Speaker 1: And it's oversized bobblehead night. So if we get you there early, I don't need another bubblehead. It's supposed to be like a foot toll. What am I gonna do with that? It's like my groku over there? No, your grogu makes sense? This bubble who's gonna hold it? You? I'm not carrying that. I'm not gonna carry thousand fans.
Speaker 2: We have good chances we might have a good DC fans show up late and they leave early. So that's that is that is the NAR the what is it?
Speaker 1: The NAR in the walls not mainstake. No, anyways, I'll figure it out. And then before Norman claimer nomenclature, Norman Claimer also forgot. We landed Sunday and we found there was an estate sale and by Sterling, we went to the place because it was one of those TikTokers. I thought she actually did the estate sale. Now she just advertises the estate sale. That's right behind that, I know. And the main premise was they had a signed autograph photo autograph poster of Muppet Treasure Island movie poster, like Jim Hansen said, this ass poster so he signed it. Yeah, and it was was sold out obviously, but it was because Sunday was last day. Everything was fifty percent off. They had a butt ton of tribute to the Troop shirts that was like, oh, we got everyone's size, I'll buy everyone to shirt right now. Tute w W because he used to have like a tribute to the Troops event every Christmas of like oh we're in Afghanistan being like the Troops show or like a USO show or whatever. They didn't have money, didn't they didn't have any of the posters, which sucked, and I was looking for a series of Unfortunate event books. They're all in like French. I was like, ah, I go, I want to read them. I don't need it like that. Why would anybody buy I don't know, man, But it was interesting. It was like it was it was real weird. Wait way with the estates was it packed or was it empty? Like it was kind of empty because it was it was the last day. I have a feeling. But it was weird because you're like, this is all one person's thing that either died or they foreclosed. And most of the time, yeah, which was most of stuff you buy a good will or whatever anyway too. But I'm like, man, this these this couple whoever had this, had Broadway stuff, they had movie posters, they had w W stuff like is this run of your this me in eighty years serious likes up my video games and everything will be sent in in a state more by a house. You guys are gonna you're definitely gonna have a man cave. I mean I do right now. Would you buy one of those popcorn makers and have a misk. Now popcorn is cool by only like when I'm going to the theater and not at home. It's a good snack though. Popcorn, yeah, the white check, no normal popcorn. You fight a eating group, eat it's supposed to make you. And then before we move on misconnections, your highlight moment of Wrestlmania forty one, good, sir, You can pick one because we both watched it in some capacity. Well, it was fun texting with all of us, the wrestling group, change bachelor party group.
Speaker 2: I think the highlight moment for me wasn't actually watching it, wasn't what happened in the ring. Was watching it with my dad over the weekend, both Saturday and Sunday, at my parents' house on Saturday and then at my brother's house on Sunday. I even got my older brother and my brother in law and my sister, my mom, and my dad and his wife all to sit down and we were watching the Uh. We watched Joe Henry come out, Joe Henry, Joe Henry, and everyone was like, what is going on?
Speaker 1: And I was like, that's Joe Henry. Give him some respect. And then what was the next match? After that?
Speaker 2: We watched that match, and my brother was just sitting there being like, remember this is legit, Like this is really yeah, this is what people watch man. So I think it wasn't the actual matches. It was being able to watch it with the fam that I'm gonna remember and because even matches kind of there kind of watching it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think watching with the fan was your fan. I loved it because I didn't need to watch Night one because the group Chad's pretty much spoiled everything for me on Night on. I don't need to watch now night too. I watched I thought Dominic Masterio when he was really dope. Mm hmmm. Uh you know your boys a big Ray and Eddie Guerrero fan, so it's dope to see that continue. And uh, Joe Hendry is really dope. And yeah John Cena one seventeenth time. You know, I didn't like how he won, but you know he won, so real quick before you get a miss miss connections.
Speaker 2: Is Joe Henry not going to be part of WWEUNA?
Speaker 1: Interesting? Is TNA in ww have a working relationship. It mostly has been with the NXT brand, the like sort of development the third brand, but now him being in the Rumble and then him being at Many. I assume now they're going to cross over a little more the main roster. And they did announce w W bought Triple A, which is this big Mexican promotion or promotion in Mexico. That's that TikTok s you have, Like the lady looked like an evil villain, so it will kind of be the same thing, which is cool. I think good. More partnerships you can get the better, still keep your identity. That's still cool too. But a big wrestling weekend, we had our Insider movie. Eric was there. It was cool to see his seats and the chaos that ensued of leaving said the same event. Did did the lights go out or was there technical difficulty? I missed that part. I don't know if my team's just opened up. I don't know it. Did someone close it on my end? That is weird, but yeah, it is interesting when you watch it live, like, oh, was that a glitch or did they mess up or something like that. John Cena came out and then someone was like fixing a chord behind John Cena or something like an extension chord, which was interesting. Oh really, yeah, that what happened? Yeah, It was weird, but yeah, cool event and now we rest and wait till next year. Rumble, where's next year going to be at New Orleans in the super Dome? I believe so wrestling? I think it's in New Orleans wrestle. Do you think that's a good question? New Orleans Caesar super domee? Yeah. Do you think Mania will ever come to DC? If the if the Commanders build that stadium that they want to build a RFK new RFK Yes, but until then, no, because we don't have a dome stadium, they can't do it. Yeah we did it. Yeah, we can't do it. Fed X can't do it because it'll be too cold.
Speaker 2: It'll be too cold in Baltimore, even though Philly was cold. But I don't think they're gonna do another open stadium like that. We lucked out and Phill in April. It wasn't as cold as it could.
Speaker 1: Have been, but it was cold. We had to buy some clothing we had.
Speaker 2: Thank god, we had handwarmers and we had a whole bunch of layers and I was pretty pass So if you aren't many to be in DC, hope that that Billy that petition about making homes if they build the stadium, they're gonna make more homes people, let's be serious.
Speaker 1: Like apartments. They'll be condoms, apartments, condos, whatever.
Speaker 2: They're still going to stuff exactly. We want another there's there's there's at least like ten different apartment complexes that have gone up since the Nats opened up NAT's Park. You do the same thing in RFK and make it even bigger and better. The reason why we can't go high in the city is because nothing can be tall. No the Washington Capitol.
Speaker 1: That's why the god let's get some good play. Is it blames Blaine? Now it's playing all right there? Oh, we're doing some real misconnections from watching in DC dot crisis dot org slash having a good time together seeing who's your DC Maryland or verge we went three hours ago. We're not doing that one. We only know that that one. He always does the same thing. We're going to pick your poison at the grocery store in Arlington. Uh, this is by the cemetery pick your poison. I said that to you Monday morning at the grocery store. I thought you were attractive and probably should have just told you that rather than making it an inane comment about picking poison. Respond telling me both what you were selecting and which grocery store we're in, or I'll know you're not my connection. Also, you wear a distinct adornment. Tell me that too, But texting adornment again? Con be a hat? All right?
Speaker 2: Your number one, Chris are like expiring Dale City Manassas we were chatting, I think the link expired?
Speaker 1: Call me Ben? How Yeah, what's the link off Holy Road? I know where that's is that kink? What is that? The kick cap? King Cap? Maybe maybe let's go to seeking kinga King? Find out we met at a restaurant in summer. This is bedash. We met at a restaurant summer. For some reason, you've disappeared. I would enjoy seeing you. Listen. You know what is king kinga Bethesda? You shouldbably King of Bethesda? Seeking King of uh? A person or a state of self pity? Okay that I don't know if that's right, That's not right? What uh coffee? Cold coffee spills on you mail Bailey's Crossroad? Hi?
Speaker 2: You spilled cold coffee on you this morning, Monday, April twenty first, at Starbucks at Bailly's Crossroad. I was worried it was hot coffee, but you told me it was cold coffee. I would like to continue talking to you, but you return to your laptop. Let me let meet with another coffee, hopefully without spilling you. Was African American mail and me a Hispanic mail. O Nikes on Jefferson Street in Bailey's Crossroad.
Speaker 1: Get it, baby, get it. Let's go with trans truck. I'm doing that one hot bw walking huhhh uh g street. You're walking this morning, so pretty and sexy in that dress. Nice nice, Next one, Eric, I need a new transfer my truck. All right, Hey, I'm broke.
Speaker 2: Oh hey and broke. Of course I get lots. I got what I get lost my last transmission. Now I need a new trans for my truck. Am in need of one or couple just to have a spare. Please let me know if you have one. Is for Toyota.
Speaker 1: I don't think this goes in the misconnections. That's usually the audio section. What the heck? And they clearly didn't speak gash. Yeah, come on, come on, I'm about housekeeper needing. Let's see keep going down Atlanta to DC ACL injuries. Let's go friend another Virginia one, Alexandria. I'm the guy that had my guy friend over all the time, looking to hang out again tonight. I'm thirty six and you were the same age. Tell me why I liked you having small hands and I know it's you could get into small spaces. Sure, sure you know one personal trainer named baby in Rockville.
Speaker 2: Personal trainer Hire a personal trainer for in condo bought building workouts rate cash cash play must be local to the Rockville slash.
Speaker 1: But there that's for sex. That is definitely for venmo. Somebody there training?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: And then our last one. We were sitting next to each other for midnight service, goodnight service. I offered you some bread after communion? Was it the communion bread bread which I thank you for and put it in your pocket. You're stealing communion bread. It's not a good look. Your beautiful eyes said it all. You gave me the same look as you walked out the church door. I wish I thought more quickly and followed you out that door. Please reach out to me if you see this. You blondish guy. Me, brown haired guy. Oh, brown haired guy, brown haired guy. You stole comedian bread. That's not good that's not a good look. You're gonna be in trouble. And don't steal that bread with the Lord was not the boy. You don't touch it. You don't touch that bread. Don't touch it. But what you can touch is our socialst Andrew with the why at mister Eric B. That's m R E R I C k V. Hey touch them up. We do good jobs there, we do. Hope you have for a great week. We will be reporting next week what happens at the NATS game, what happens. Does Eric get a dog this weekend? We'll find out next week. But until then, I always remember it's okay to be weird. Inse it got weird, didn't it. Yeah,