Speaker 1: This is Dan Kaplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Kaplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: So is it the American.
Speaker 1: Way to let Colleen Maxwell out of jail in order to convict a lot of child rapists? Keeping in mind and my mind, at least she's a child rapist. What do you think would you make that deal? Three oh three seven one three eight two five five the number text d an five seven seven three nine. We're also talking about, and I think this far more important. We're talking about this killing field that the Colorado roadways and highways has become, in large part because the Left has undermined law enforcement and so there isn't much law enforcement on the roadways anymore, in part large part because of the legalization of marijuana and the green lighting of drug use. And now on top of drunk driving, we've got this drugged. There are other reasons as well. I'd like your taking the reasons, but this we know it's happening, right, It's insane. And what's even more insane as we as a society seem to be willing to sit back and just say, oh, that's an acceptable casualty rate. Screw that. I mean that, that's a society that's begging for what it gets. No, we got to stand up to these killers. And they're no less killers because they're using a car instead of a gun. They're no less killers because they're killing your wife when she's on the highway as opposed to in your bedroom. They are killers. And we got to get smart, and we got to stand up, and we got to start fighting back. We got to put them in jail, We got to take away their licenses. We got to do something dramatic in a hurry. What should that look like? So a question I have on the table for you is do we start This is in menace a silver bullet, but you gotta start somewhere. Do we start by saying we're going to have a magic number one hundred and no matter where you are, if you go over that, then you're going to automatically lose your license. You're going to automatically have to do at least a day in jail. And that assumes nobody gets hurt. Do we do something dramatic like that. Now, obviously, if we're talking about in town, those penalties should kick in at a much lower speed. But do we have that magic number. We had a caller who said, in Texas they used to I think it's past tense. You know, they used to have a lawwear if you did that, they impound your car and crush it. Now I haven't been able to verify that story, but that would get people's attention. So we're getting a lot of intelligent text and calls on this. Would like your take, because this needs to happen and the Left isn't going to do it. In Colorado, the left shot down just this relatively mild increase in penalties for reckless driving this year, because the Left is pro criminal of every stripe. But in terms of a ballot measure, you know, in terms of people running for office on hey, I want to save your life, I want to save your wife, I want to save your kids. Yeah, I think that's going to get a lot of traction in a hurry, pun intended. So let's look at it. A couple of text on this, some really intelligent stuff. Because if there's one thing we're all experts in, right, it's what happens on the roadways, Dan, if you looked at the features new cars are required to built in over the next few years after Biden's term. And then it goes into how I'll shorten this up AI, other tech, etc. Monitoring a lot of car behavior, etc. And it leads this text to an interesting question in the interest to public safety, would you accept a law if it was constitutional, where cars were just monitor on the roadway and they got over a certain speed, They're automatically be recorded. There'd automatically be a ticket. I'm not advocating that, but I'm throwing the question out there, Daniell, your law should be a percentage of the speed. Thirty five and twenty five is like one and ten and a seventy five. Really good thinking on your part, but I still think we need something clear, understandable. Every kid in high school knows it. Everybody knows it. You drive over X, you know you're getting punished severely. You drive over why in town you're getting punished severely? What should that number be for in town?
Speaker 2: Ryan?
Speaker 1: What would you're in town number be? I think we're in agreement on one hundred, though we've both done it in situations we think we're safe. But what what should the number be in town? You go over that number, you're losing your license.
Speaker 2: In town on the freeway on twenty five or seven?
Speaker 1: I thank you, good, good question. No, I'm just talking about off highway surface streets in town, anywhere in a and you could define it anywhere in a residential type area for.
Speaker 2: This ultimate punishment that you're advocating.
Speaker 1: Well, just an automatic. It's not ultimate to be the death penalty, right, but I'm talking about an automatic loss of license, automatic to do a day and some kind of jail.
Speaker 2: Someone certainly thirty over is egregious, you know, you get into I don't know. It depends on the speed limit of the residential area. If it's that way, then it might be a little bit lower. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, I got to tell you driving town on Bellevue, it has to be in Bellevue's forty five, right, it has to be at least once a week. Somebody's blown by me doing at least eighty.
Speaker 2: Really, Oh yeah, not like that, Oh not on Bellevue. Well, and I do travel on Bellevue quite a bit like you do.
Speaker 1: Well, that truck that would have killed Caroline if she'd gone when the light turn green. So thank you Lord. She listened to me and she didn't go when the light turn green. You know, she thinks that was going sixty five to seventy five and that was a semi Yeah. I think we got a lot. And again, doesn't it come back to because the left has undermined law enforcement. There isn't much enforcement on the roads.
Speaker 2: Correct, Yeah, I don't see hardly any even like state patrol on say four seventy or the wide open freeways. I don't see a lot of enforcement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they don't have the support, they don't have the money, they don't have the money from the Democrats in the state. And then on top of that you got the left undermining law enforcement to the point I mean, if you were in law enforcement, I know we're blessed with many listeners who are to be really hard to initiate any kind of contact with any stranger out there that isn't absolutely required, because you know, you've got leftist prosecutors all over the place, leftist elected officials just waiting to make you a human sacrifice. Yeah, it's boy, Texter Dan. One of your texts at a good point going one hundred and five on the highway in a new Corvette that has made to go that fast, has speed rated tires, etc. Is safer in that car is than somebody driving a big truck going one hundred miles an hour not made to do that. All fare points, right, all fair points. My only point is I do think we need something that's clear and applies to all and in Colorado, you don't do this or you pay a big price. That's not the total solution, but it has to start, and then we've got to add to that. Right, if it ends up being an injury crash, then that automatic penalty has to go way up. If it ends up, god forbid, being a fatal, automatic penalty has to go up again. If you disagree with the concept, you know, I'd love to have the conversation with you, because honestly, I don't know how anybody could. And maybe you don't think it's as big a deal as I do, which I'd completely understand, right, because unless you have the kind of job I have, and unless you're looking at this stuff all the time, yeah, normal people would have no way of knowing how incredibly irresponsibly soft our laws are. When it comes to traffic carnage. But you know what you're experiencing on the roadway, right, and you know it's psycho And you know, we're not talking about the people on the Harleys and Indians and everything else, as Ryan points out, but this explosion, and it is that right of the crotch rocket riders out there going one hundred looks like one hundred and ten, one hundred and twenty, some of them weaving in and out of traffic. And I know that the you know, common thought probably for a lot of people as they blow by, is they're going to get what they deserve. But but I'm sure there are a lot of people who look at it the way I do too, which is, you know, my mom, I've mentioned this before, but it's one of the things I remember from when I was very very young, is, hey, that's somebody's son, that's somebody's daughter, right, no matter how stupid a thing they're doing or whatever. And then you know the cars, You get somebody out there driving crazy things like that, and then then a car ends up perfectly innocent car driver ends up killing them. That weighs very heavily. I'm that innocent driver who you know, had no chance to avoid it, but still somebody's dad right in front of them after a collision with their car. We've got to do something here. Why do you think something hasn't been done already? I'd really like your take, not only on the fix, but why do you think something hasn't been done already. I've got a theory on that I want to run by you, But the focus is on the fix. Three H three seven to one to three A two five five the number text d A N five seven seventh three nine. We're also mixing in the Glen Maxwell topic, which is really heating up right now after these two days of meetings with DJ.
Speaker 2: Would you consider a pardon or a commutation for Heelan Maxwell?
Speaker 3: Is something I haven't thought about it really, As I recommend you had.
Speaker 2: Something, I'm allowed to do it, but there's something I have not thought about it.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't do it.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you right now. There will not be a pardon. There should not be a pardon. It would send such a horrific message to pardon somebody who's been responsible for so much child rape. No, can't do it now. What would you think of DJ doing a deal where she stays convicted, but her jail sens is reduced or maybe eliminated in exchange for names support successful prosecutions. And how many how many of these child rapists would she have to help put away to be able to get that deal? Where do you come down on that? You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 2: And now back to the Dan Capless Show podcast torture in me?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Now I know who my friends are.
Speaker 2: Hey, you has a moment.
Speaker 1: Beautiful time in life. What was that about? Eight months? I had that Corvette car I've never had. Oh, it was such a beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: And you're very selfless to turn that in.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm telling the story. Thank you. Yes we did. We don't have the garage space because came and then it's either the corvette in the garage or my wife's car in the garage. That was an easy call.
Speaker 2: Here's what I know. You're Dan Capless. If you wanted to create more garage space, you could make that happen, right or do you not have a building permit?
Speaker 1: I appreciate your confidence in me, but no, wait, it would have been give him house a cookie, give him house a corvette and then okay, now you need a new house because you need more garage space. Now we just couldn't do that. But what an amazing car that was then, Lyles Chevrolet. You're original car, American sports car. Yes, text or in lines on fire. I want to get to those two. We're talking about how to actually step up now and like men and women and protect ourselves from these killers on the roadway who right now have their run of the place, and don't blame law enforcement. They're doing all they can, but the left is undermine law enforcement. Dan says a Texter. I work as a law enforcement officer in northern Colorado. Within the last month, I wrote a seventeen year old a ticket for how many points would you guess? Five? Seventy three? Wrote a seventeen year old a ticket for seventy three points. Come on, And then it goes on to say I routinely stop drivers going over one hundred miles an hour. Yeah, we need a law and that's what we're talking about. We need to get tough in a hurry. We need to have a magic number. You go over that you're losing your license. All sorts of other bad things happening, and then that's just one of many tools we need. Brent and Aura, you're on the dan Kaplis show.
Speaker 2: Welcome, how you doing.
Speaker 3: I'm also a retired law.
Speaker 1: Enforcement as you're serious, Thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm also I'm also a professional truck driver. And I say this all the time, but I've talked to a lot of law enforcement and because Colorado passed a law where law enforcement is now responsible can be personally held liable like the twenty five thousand dollars, a lot of them don't even want to take the chance even stopping any amen. Amen, And I think that's part of the problem right there.
Speaker 1: You bet you, you bet you, you nailed it. And hey, thanks for your service as a truck driver, because I've always said that the true professional truck drivers they're great public servants. The bad ones that there are a few things is dangerous in society. But thanks for what you do out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The other thing too. I drive all the way I seventy out the middle of Kansas. Routinely the truck that I drive will tell me how fast people are going. And I routinely have people like one hundred, one hundred and twenty miles an hour over.
Speaker 2: To speed women.
Speaker 1: Man, that is insane.
Speaker 3: And the thing is, if I could call it in in Colorado because they're so little law enforcement available. Yeah, they very rarely get stopped in Colorado. In Kansas, they get stopped within ten to twenty miles. So somebody's going over on her.
Speaker 2: I call them in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm glad you do. I'm glad you do. My friend, I'm calling nine to one one all the time on reckless drivers. Hey, do you do anything in the mountains? Do you drive west at all?
Speaker 3: I have, but not recently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, good man. That has to be so brutal. Hey, thanks, Brent, appreciate the call. James and Pueblo. You're on the Dan Kapitalist Show.
Speaker 4: Welcome, Hey Dan.
Speaker 5: Hey, I was just listening to all this stuff going on with all these drivers this last weekend. This guy going one hundred and forty killed a woman and her fourteen year old daughter over here just in town.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, no, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Just pretty evil.
Speaker 1: So what needs to be done?
Speaker 4: Okay, here's my idea. When there's been reckless driving and somebody's killed that person, once they get out of the hospital, they should hold over those bodies in the Morgue and force that person to go look at those bodies and see what they did, and then they lose their briving fledges for a year at least one year in jail and then another year of probation on top of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boy, James, appreciate the call. We've got to do something really, really dramatic. I was just as James was talking, I was picturing that one of these thoughts that just haunts me and always will is I was representing this amazing, amazing single mom and her beautiful, beautiful six year old son just killed on the roadways and we eventually went to trial in that case, but she was so courageous.
Speaker 4: But just.
Speaker 1: Her having to leave his body in the hospital and walk out of that hospital with him dead on that table, I mean, it's just it's something you can never ever ever get out of your head, and no parents should ever have to do that. And the fact that we have these killers on the roadway, all ages, shape sizes, they just don't care about other life. We got to stand up to them. And if you knew, if you knew how soft Colorado law was on these killers right now, it would make you throw up. So lame the legislators. It all goes back there. We got to change that. We got to empower police instead of undermined police, which is what most politicians are doing now. Dan, to your question, why hasn't something been done already about excessive speed and reckless driving, it's because it's a hard decision to make and you have to hold people accountable and Democrats are not good at that. Texter, I think you're being way too generous what we have right now in Colorado with the left. They are pro criminal and there was a very mild increase in punishment for reckless driving bill and the legislature this year that they shot down. They shot it down. They are so habitually reflexively pro criminal. Yeah, it can only happen in Colorado one or two ways, right, It can only happen with starting to elect Republicans, you know, to enough offices or through a ballot measure, because the Democrats that control the state they are not going to do it, which is so insane, right, because they and their family members, etc. They are just as much at risk. And I understand the hypocrisy we get from these high level elected lefties who say you can't have your gun, or you can only have so many bullets in your magazine. But then they've got all this taxpayer funded security. I understand that hypocrisy, but don't these people realize when they're out on the road. When they're out on the road, they're in't as much danger as the rest of us and their families and as much danger as the rest of us. But it comes back to that the far left has reached the point where their devotion to criminals, whether it's folks here illegally you've committed other crimes, or just folks who commit all sorts of crimes, their devotion to criminals is more important to them than their own life and safety and the life and safety of their family. How do people ever reach that point? But that's the point the left that runs Colorado has reached. A Texter says Dan. We drove back from the Springs last night, and all along I twenty five there were many people speeding excessively and changing three lanes at a time, etc. It was a mix of trucks at Anne's, SUV's, motorcycles, et cetera. I'm with you, my brother or sister.
Speaker 2: You know, I've had a.
Speaker 1: Bunch of trials down in the Springs recently, so I'll be making that trip back. But it doesn't It all come back to the left undermining law enforcements, so there isn't much enforcement. So it's like some sort of psycho video game where you've got a lot of drivers who just know the chance of actually being stopped is so low they're just going to do whatever they want. And this Ryan, this Texter brings us to an important point. We have these psycho killers who don't care at all about other life that we focus on, and we should, but because of the left undermining law enforcement, we now have another layer developing normally responsible people who just feel as if there isn't any enforcement out there, so they're going to do dangerous things they otherwise wouldn't do. It's a brutal mix. We got to do something. What do you think we should do? You're on the Dan Capless Show.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Dan Kapliss Show podcast five.
Speaker 1: Point thirty six. Glad you're with us. Just reading a text from one of the toughest people I know, happens to be a state trooper as well. Dan listening to the show and getting my blood boiling traffic safety has been my life's passion and work. Nothing in less than a second changes the life so negatively. Yes, jail and impound. The vehicle drivers hate the five hundred dollars payment to get their car out more than anything. The car is built to handle it. The driver is not trained for it. That's the problem, not the car driver. And this is this is a great human. I wish I could say more about him, but he's out there. He's out there in the trenches trying to protect people, and that you know, it's it's funny because my dead a cop for thirty years in Chicago, and obviously I admire law enforcement, but I've had many many officers say to me, the toughest job out there is state patrol because you you see all of these horrific things that you can never get out of your head. Right, all these teenagers, let's say, who were alive two minutes ago and now they're dead because somebody did something reckless and stupid, or the families killed there, all these horrible things that that state troopers have to see that they can never get out of their heads. And then state troopers don't have the don't have that the the support structure. I mean within state patrol, they have a superb support structure. But just you know, say, if you're a Denver police officer, you have that, you have that city, you have that, that family, you know of fellow officers in this common area of terrain State patrol. You're off and out on these long stretches of dangerous road alone. So that is a tough, tough job. Three O three seven one three eight two five five the number tex DA N five seven seven three nine. As we talk about okay, you know what are we going to do? Are we going to be men or mized? So we're going to step up and start protecting the people we love and pass some laws and support law enforcement and make this place safer because we all know that no matter what laws we pass, unless there's more support for law enforcement, it's not going to matter because you can't enforce the law. Right now, law enforcement is so underfunded and so undersupported. And as the former law enforcement officer who called earlier said, you got these lefties passing these laws, we're now law enforcement libel out of pocket, personally lible. You know, if they're sued, how can you expect any law enforcement officer to take initiative as as much as law enforcement used to, especially when you got the left out there ready to make you a human sacrifice. Dan, you say there's no enforcement, but if there were one thousand cars going twenty over and only one cup, nine times out of ten, he'd.
Speaker 2: Pull me over.
Speaker 1: Okay, I get it. I'm sure it feels that way, right, But we can all see it. Everybody listening, we all see it. We just used to see much much more enforcement out there, and because of the politicians, it just isn't there anymore. There's some right, but doesn't seem like that much. Dan, in Virginia, fifteen miles per hour over is automatic steel bracelets. The officer has no discretion. Wow, did you know that?
Speaker 2: Ryan?
Speaker 1: I've got to double check that. I'd never heard that fifteen over in Virginia. I'll check that during teen in Virginia does what it says? Fifty eight texter says fifteen miles over automatic handcuffs, officer no discretion.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know that sounds pretty Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I spend some time in Virginia. You know, our son Joe working in DC this summer. Yeah, I had no idea about that, Yeah, Dan, how about the condition of our roads? They are embarrassing and dangerous. Where does the twenty nine cent point two nine send delivery fego not to the roads? And to what extent do the roads continue, you know, contribute to the danger. It'd be hard for me to quantify. I think the obviously we need better roads, right, but the vast majority, in my experience forty one years now hard to believe. Of representing people in catastrophic cases, The vast majority of this completely unnecessary, shameful killing is because of these reckless drivers and speed very very very often a factor. Now we have many more on drugs mixed in, but it is stunning. I'll give you another example, Ryan, Okay, I'm representing this amazing woman and her husband, the coolest guy on the face of the earth. You got a trucker who we were eventually able to prove, took his eyes off the road for nine seconds at highway speeds in Metro area rush hour traffic and kills this man. How much time do you think he's spent in jail?
Speaker 2: Ten years? Zero?
Speaker 1: Come and on the civil side, listen, we got a very very large recovery on the civil side, But that doesn't get this woman her husband back nine seconds highway speeds, eyes off the road, not a day in jail. We met with the prosecutors, We did everything you could do under the law. But then you bring it back to the state of the Long Colorado, which is nowhere near as tough as it needs to be. And again, I don't mean to hammer on truckers, because I have to make this clear. I have a big focus of my practice is on reckless truckers, and we've done these cases here and around the country, and we still do. We're doing over ten of them right now. But the point is that the trucking industry, it is this split personality. This is one guy's opinion, right, You've got half the industry. They're American heroes. They're doing an extraordinarily tough job, and if they didn't do it, we couldn't have our quality of life. Much of the other half the gravest danger you'll ever find, and it's getting worse, and people like polists make it even worse with some of the stuff he's pulled. So yeah, and that's why as we talk about, Okay, are we going to man up? Are we going to woman up. Are we going to protect our kids? How are we going to make this state safer? Part of this program has to be aimed at trucking. Thank the great ones, but the others, and it's getting worse by the day. We've got to really, really, really get tough on reckless, reckless truckers. The last thing in the world this state ever needed was Jared Polis stepping in to cut that killer truck or a huge break because Kim Kardashian will spred in his ear. You know, think about the horrible message that sends, the horrible message that sends all over the country. Yeah, great text on this today. Hope you keep it up. Dam five, seven, seventh through nine. It's something we're all experts in, right, what goes on on the roadways, because all of us spend so much of our time there. Ryan Fascar was another good song to come back from break Thank you. However, the number of times Dan said psycho killer in the last segment had me thinking of the talking heads that from DK. How many times did I say psycho killer?
Speaker 2: Psycho killer?
Speaker 1: You know when I say it so often because I stare these people down. I came out of a meeting today where we're planning, I'm gonna be staring down another psycho killer in a deposition, another psycho killer who killed on the roadway.
Speaker 2: All I can say is stay tuned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And all I'm saying is it is true. It is true. It's that just so many people doing these psycho killers behind the wheel. Dan, how do you know there won't be a pardon for Glaine Maxwell? If it's something that will benefit Trump somehow, you know he will consider it. There will not be a pardon for Glaine Maxwell. How do I know that? Here's how I know it, because it would be fundamentally wrong. It would send the worst possible message. Now, will there be a deal that maybe reduces her prison sentence, maybe eliminates her prison sentence. You might see that if she's got information valuable enough to the federal government to have that deal make sense to them. Do you think that deal would have to include Bill Clinton for Trump to do it? But you're not going to see a pardon. Think of the message that would send. Pardon a child rapist that ain't happening, Not.
Speaker 2: To be a pardon. But I think if information she gives Dan leads to concrete charges and convictions, Yeah, I would make a deal along.
Speaker 1: Those lines, and I think that's what we're going to see, a red cent.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Listen, if she is able to help identify and convict enough people, I wouldn't be surprised if they eliminated herself.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing media reports right now that she didn't hold anything back. The Deputy Attorney General met with her, and apparently she was just letting it all.
Speaker 1: Well, they were talking about some for nine hours, right, and so like so many heinous criminals, she's also very intelligent. She sees her moment. She understands that if President Trump now can be the person to help publicly identify and prosecute a lot of those people who are involved in the child Rapehill come out of this very well. So she wants to take advantage of that to try to get herself out of prison. But there will not be a pardon. You can take that to the bank. You're on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 2: And now back to the Dan Kaplass Show podcast.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm talking about. So first time we've ever done a show together, or the five point fifty break wasn't working for the weekend.
Speaker 2: You know, that's a good point. It usually is. But I had to get that in by request.
Speaker 1: You had to, absolutely, Texter Dan, I believe Trump was there with the kids, but we needed him to save the country as we know it. Wait a second. You can be sure of a few different things in life, one of which is there was no way Donald Trump was having sex with underage girls as part of in any context, let alone, is part of this Epstein Epstein evil. Just no way. And there are a lot of different ways we can know that, right, But first of all, it's just not him, that that is not him. But on top of that, we know that if it had happened, you would know it by now, right. I mean, you have the entire presidency, You had the entire presentency abusing the law, abusing the entire legal system to try to destroy Donald Trump. If there was a hint of him doing anything appropriate with any underage female, you would have known about it. If they thought they could get away with the lie, they would have told that lie. So now you can be sure of that. Plus that's obviously just not who he is. I'm not saying he's a saint. I'm not saying any of us are. Though I heard a great, great, great line this morning. Ryan. In fact, I wrote it down. The only reason you're not a saint yet is because you don't want to be. That's a powerful point.
Speaker 2: Isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So yeah, he's not a saying. I'm not a saying. But Donald Trump is not the type of person who would do something like that. And again, if he had, or even if they even thought they could get away with the lie, you would have heard about it. Dan just did some more homework about Jena. Now looks like twenty over may result in steel bracelet's we're talking about in Colorado. How do we stop the carnage? Well, first we've got to really, really really toughen up our laws dramatically, and then there has to be more support for law enforcement. So we have more law enforcement on the road. They have the support they need to be able to do their jobs right. But right now it is just a killing field out there, Ryan, play Sammy Higger, I can't drive fifty five? Yeah, yep, Dan, I love watching Fridays with Frank. It makes one appreciate what these officers put up with. Shock how many people are pulled over with no driver's license or a suspended license. That from Alexa, Dan the pardon will happen, but she will mysteriously pass away right after. Boy, you would not want to be selling life insurance to Glene Maxwell, right since it appears right now she's doing a deal with DOJ where she's going to identify people and help prosecute them. That at least is the impression that I have right now. Do you think and listen, I'm not judging anybody here. Do you think Bill Clinton will be part of this?
Speaker 2: How could he not be? He's like the primary suspect in the terms of frequency visits all Board, the Lolita Express and Epstein Island. I mean, he's at the top of the list. Him and I would say Prince Andrew.
Speaker 1: Probably. Yeah, I'm trying to remember factually, I'm trying to remember the story. Was the story twenty plus trips to the island for Bill Clinton? Right? Yeah? Yeah, but I'm sure it was just the Foliage, right, Probably the Foliage and the Ryan and the sandy beaches. Oh careful, yeah, my goodness, Ryan, Oh my goodness. Well, we're about done for the week. Next week, Hey, let me give you heads up on something I want to talk about next week, talking about these sex crimes. I want to cover a little bit different twist on that with you next Monday. And we've got this Colorado jail commander viewed strip search videos of one hundred and seventeen inmates. Investigators say. This is a Denver Post story from Katie Langford. It's said that, in part, investigators say Aber aber logged into an evidence website used to store videos of inmates strip searches of more than three thousand times, often for repeated late night and early morning viewings of body camera videos of female inmates being strip naked and closely inspected for contraband as part of the jail intake process. Question, should each of those women be paid? Should the county, the state? Yeah? Should each of those women be paid?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 1: And how much should they be paid? That's a question I want to get into Monday. This is not the type of law I practice. You know, we made a decision a long time ago we would not take cases against law enforcement. My deticop for thirty years. We represent lots of law enforcement who've been injured in very serious crashes, things like that. We don't take cases against law enforcement. So I'm not talking about this from that standpoint. I'm talking about it from the standpoint of fundamental fairness, and then there are some legal issues that enter into it. But do you think that the county do you think the state should have to pay these women whose strip search videos were viewed by this person allegedly for sexual gratification. If so, how much should have to be paid? So, yeah, we'll talk about that on Monday, along with you know that this continuing effort and how are we going to accomplish it because we know we have to right and the left will not pass laws in Colorado to more severely punish any offenders, and they shot down just a mild toughening of traffic lasses year. So it's probably going to have to be a ballot issue. So we'll continue that conversation as we talk about concrete specifics and then you know, how do you put it together into a ballot issue. Do you think it had passed ry? Do you think people would vote to toughen up those penalties knowing that everybody drives and oh my goodness, what if it's enforced against me? Do you think people would do that?
Speaker 2: Self preservation is a powerful motivator.
Speaker 1: No, it really is. And the reason I think there hasn't been more pressure on the legislature so far because our laws are so lame and weak. Is because, and I understand it is self preservation. None of us want to think that could be us or our loved one killed in that next wreck. You just don't want to dwell on it. You don't want your mind to go there. And so I think that's one reason there hasn't been this outcry to toughen the law is when we have this mass destruction going on. Have a great weekend, Ryan, Thank you, tremendous job is always Kelly, you are human sunshine. Join us Monday please on the Dan Capla Show