Speaker 1: Hey guys, Hey guys, and welcome to episode twenty.
Speaker 2: One of A Strange Thing podcast.
Speaker 1: I am your host Austin, and I'm Mike, and like he's also the host.
Speaker 2: I am, I am, I'm a host. We are kind of starting fresh after our attempt at starting episode twenty one down at Swan Falls, which is a power plant about thirty miles south of where we're located. So we ended up going there because our elk hunting trip up north got around Bigfoot Country got snowed out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we didn't worry about the snow and rain and yeah fires. Nobody wants to hear us be grumpy while we're on a podcast.
Speaker 2: It was going to be really cold, it's going to be raining, it was going to be snowing, and we had one day to get up there, go hunt, try to record, and then pack up the next morning and go home. So we bailed on that. We went to Swan Falls, we set up a camp, we took our motorcycles in the back of the IDV. We went around and we went to a place called big Foot Butte. Bigfoot Butte which actually exists.
Speaker 1: It has nothing to do. I don't think there's big foots.
Speaker 2: If there was a big foot, we would have seen them because there is no vegetation out there except for a stake.
Speaker 1: Big eared kyote.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we saw kyote.
Speaker 1: That was cool, and in the black coyote.
Speaker 2: And we got to ride up some crazy rocky roads and step trying not to ride over land mines. Yeah, and got into some heavy like dirt areas that was really silty dirt that you crashed in.
Speaker 1: Again, And I think about this every time, like, what would I do if I did crash and I broke.
Speaker 2: My ankle or you're broke your kneecap, or I.
Speaker 1: Broke my elbow bone.
Speaker 2: It's connected to my arm boat. You could have lacerated your femural artery in your inner groin. Yeah, what would we do? You would have died if you had have done that.
Speaker 1: Probably need some X rays, some stitches, yes, so some immediate care.
Speaker 2: I would say, immediate care from a physician. So like physicians immediate I.
Speaker 1: Would need some physicians immediate care from down in Twin Falls, Idaho.
Speaker 2: Eight Yeah, which just happens to be a sponsor. Yes, we actually have a real sponsor, so we know somebody who works at physicians immediate care in southern Idaho in Twin Falls.
Speaker 1: And if you're looking for some top notch immediate care, then that's your go to. Yeah, that's a rhyme.
Speaker 2: I know. I'm a good at rhyme, but I'm a good at the rhyme. I'm good at the doing sponsorship too.
Speaker 1: But not accent.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not like you. But we know some people down there in southern Idaho and Twin Falls, and they have an awesome clinic. If you need some kind of testing for like say, sporting events, if you're in high school, if you want to get your physical done, if you want to do blood tests for your employees, if you have a cold, if you think you broke.
Speaker 1: Your arm, man good, if you know you broke your arm, if you know you broke your arm, No matter the situation, it's a great place to go get treated the way you need to be treated and the way you'd like to be treated in a healthy, clean, safe environment.
Speaker 2: A great bunch of doctors and a great crew. Yeah yep, So go there and tell them that a strange thing podcast sent you. Yep. They won't give you a discount or anything, I don't think, but hey, it'll make us look good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm all about looking good.
Speaker 2: Looking good. Okay, Well back to our regular scheduled program. So we were down at Swan Falls, sitting around a fire late at night, listening to a guy probably what a quarter mile away, howling and hooting, and it was just so surreal. And we were right by the Snake River.
Speaker 1: And you could hear the fish, the carp, the heart.
Speaker 2: There was like the rain coming down, so there was a bitter pattern of rain, and then there were like toads.
Speaker 1: There was a toad and there was a toad. You'll hear about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was pretty cool. But yeah, so when we went down there, we didn't see anything, and we tried to tell the stories, but we ended up with I would like to call it alcohol assisted verbal diarrhea. Nice because I mean, we tried to tell a story, but it just didn't come out right. Yep, so we are doing diarrhea running but yeah, like the through it, like the snake, like the great snake.
Speaker 1: Get it up there.
Speaker 2: I'm good, Yep, we're good. Worn some drinks, we're points some drinks. Out of the.
Speaker 3: Wilderness by a damn, damn it, by a damn We were interrupted in our hunting expedition, and so we had to go to an alternate location. We are down probably what fifteen yards from the no, ten yards from the Snake River, and we have a fire going and it's a nice night, although it's been raining kind of all day, rizzling, and we are here kind of doing a little hunting, although we probably won't get any there's.
Speaker 2: No animals here. Although I did see a toad.
Speaker 1: Saw a toad, and I saw it bounce over my dad's shoulder, yep, through the fire light, and I snuck up on it with a flashlight in its face, and he.
Speaker 2: Tried to kiss it. And it didn't turn into a.
Speaker 1: Princess turned into a princess, although I didn't not like it.
Speaker 2: I did eat a bug. It ate a bug right in front. It's like, and that's something you don't see every day, no sir. So anyway, yeah, we're out here in the middle of nowhere, and like we said, we're gonna do our podcast on our next installment of What Squatch Watch, Scott Squat Watch, Scott Bigfoot Watch, and we are on episode number twenty one. I'm pouring a little whiskey into my I just poured you so well, you put him in there already. Don't in there. I don't want to drink, he said, do you want more than you said? No, I want to drink that part then. But it's dark. It's what it's like, eight thirty eight o five. It's eight o five and it is dark up and there's no moon, and there's a whooper. Yeah, there's a somebody down the canyon is like whooping. Don't tell him.
Speaker 3: But I have an elk call and I've been doing this weird noise.
Speaker 2: Should I do it? Yeah? I do the weird call. We're doing this weird call. It sounds like an animal in distress screaming, but really it's often blowing through the saying go.
Speaker 4: And the guy he he's a booter. He likes wings and clamps nice and boots. No, but anyway, Yeah, so we're out here in the wilderness and we are recording our episode of a strange thing with some guy yelling in the background, which is awesomes fun. And you know, we're in a canyon and for those of you who don't know what the Snake River Canyon is like, it is very deep. We're probably five hundred feet below the rim and we're down here. It's very wide and we've been fishing, we've been riding the motorcycles, we've been sitting by the fire, and it's been a constant drizzle.
Speaker 3: It's not bad though. It's like you don't get wet by the time you hit a rain drop again. It's like you've already dried off from the previous one.
Speaker 2: It's true. And that guy again, that's awesome. I hope, I hope it picks it up. This is pretty cool actually, But we're gonna talk a little bit tonight about strange stories about Bigfoot. And there's lights. He's shining lights against the genuine So we're going to try round two here tonight in the studio at my residence with the dogs and hopefully they'll bark enough times. You'll get enough drinks. If you're playing our drinking.
Speaker 1: Game, yep, and if you play responsibly. If you don't drink, pick up a mountain dew. Mountain dew and then switched a mountain dew because a stomach ulcer is a heck a lot better than diabeta. Go for coconut milk or almond milk, oh my goodness, yeah, you could do, or just regular milk. If you're not a pansy, we could do an izzy izzy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a drink. It's like that, not as much sugar as like a like a Pepsi or a Coca Cola.
Speaker 1: Or he could do like the most extreme thing and just do bang energy drinks back to back, Yeah, until you end up on the WWS SmackDown channel at four in the morning.
Speaker 2: Well, it is a strange thing, So maybe you want to do monsters. Oh, anyway, let's get back to our story. Yeah, so Austin, you're gonna lead off with the story that you try to tell down there that ran into fifty three minutes.
Speaker 1: Of gibberish verbal diarrhea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and see if you do better this time. I'm timing you.
Speaker 1: So this one is a story we got in from a writer person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a writer chronicler.
Speaker 1: His name is ted ted goes By Teddy Theatre Roosevelt.
Speaker 2: He wrote a book.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you know who he is. He was a president, the twenty sixth president.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was twenty sixth president of the United States. Who would have thunk he had a story that could be attributed to a bigfoot encounter?
Speaker 1: Right? So he wrote a book and it was published in eighteen ninety three called Wilderness Hunter, and it.
Speaker 2: Is super good Wilderness Hunter.
Speaker 1: This is Teddy Roosevelt, Teddy Rosel, ted the box and fighting son of a gun who established many of our states.
Speaker 2: So Theodore Roosevelt wrote this book book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the chapter twenty is where this particular story is where he talks about.
Speaker 2: He calls them.
Speaker 1: It's a story about goblins. He calls them goblins, but.
Speaker 2: As he liked the are they like the miniature dwarf cannibals that we've talked about in previous episodes. No, no, no, oh, I don't want to. I don't want to do a spoiler. Okay, keep going, keep going.
Speaker 1: So he calls him goblins. And earlier in the book he mentions hobgoblins and a guide, a Native American guide won't go any further with him because of these hobgoblins stories that come around this lake.
Speaker 2: So where's the lake at?
Speaker 1: This particular story is off of a fork of the salmon.
Speaker 2: Oh, so it could be an Idaho, Montana, Idaho, I would assume, yeah, right on the yeah, yeah, so he's up.
Speaker 1: This particular story is about a guy named Bauman and Teddy Roosevelt isn't a part of the story. But this is the guy Bauman that tells him the story.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, and Bauman. So Theodore is recanting a story that was told to him by Bowman, something.
Speaker 1: Along the lines of, you know, he's hunted every game and trappers and mountaineering men aren't particularly superstitious folk, but there are their stories. And this is one story that stuck with Teddy Roosevelt because of the way the guy's voice quivered and shook through certain parts of the story.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, cool.
Speaker 1: So he kind of prefaces the whole thing by saying that these mountaineering men aren't superstitious, but there are particular stories that you hear from Native Americans about and this is a quote from Teddy Roosevelt.
Speaker 2: Snow walkers. Snow walkers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and goblins is something he mentions earlier, like I said, And so he kind of writes it off as this guy's German and he grew up with all these folklore, you know type things, So he kind of writes it off. But he's like, it's stuck with.
Speaker 2: Me a little bit.
Speaker 1: I think his frame of mind's a little bit important. So he's trapping beaver, this Balman guy with his partner off the Salmon River, and they were a little bit hesitant to go to this particular area because a guy had been found dead there by two other trappers, like the year before.
Speaker 2: He was just dead, and so this.
Speaker 1: Would have been like what year, Well, if the book was published in eighteen ninety three, I mean, this is like Trapper Frontiering.
Speaker 2: Eighteen eighties, eighteen eighty five somewhere in there.
Speaker 1: I would assume, Okay, he doesn't really give the date.
Speaker 2: Maybe he did but didn't write it down. Century you go around a century ago.
Speaker 1: So Balman and this other guy they take two ponies and they leave them down in this uh a beaver meadow and then hike a couple more miles because the terrain wasn't good and they just part the ponies. They get to a spot they set up their camps. They've got there. They made like a lean to out of some brush and stuff, and it's really timbered area, so there's a lot of stuff to make shelter. And they hang up their packs and they make a fire ring and all, you know, kind of get their little camp set up and then they go set their traps and they get back and uh, their camp's destroyed, Like yeah, like their bags are like thrown all over there.
Speaker 2: Okay, the story I'm gonna tell after this one has a very similar thing.
Speaker 1: But go ahead, I got another story.
Speaker 2: This is a this is a common thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, And they're lean to is you know, like a lean to shelter is all destroyed and dismantled.
Speaker 2: Gotcha.
Speaker 1: And Todady Roosevelt has a little quote he keeps repeating as this monster, He's like, through wanton malice. The animal had completely deconstructed their camp, know old timey speak wanton malice. So they kind of put everything together.
Speaker 2: They make a fire that night. The partner of Bawman.
Speaker 1: Takes a piece out of the fire, a little glowing over, and he's walking down the road. He's like, this animal that came and took a part of tents was walking on two feet by pedal by petal, And Bauman's like, eh, whatever, you're an idiot, but he kind of convinces him. They're like, well, that's weird, but let's just go to bed. So they go to bed. He's woken up Bauman in the middle of the night that night to like rustling and stuff and a really bad smell.
Speaker 2: Outside of the tent or his lean to.
Speaker 1: So he kind of like comes to, you know, squinting, and sees a shadow and just takes a shot through the tent well out of the lean too. I mean he can see it. It's like a sheltered just a bunch of sticks, and I just picture his partner sound asleep and a fifty a musket goes off.
Speaker 2: Yikes.
Speaker 1: Anyway, he takes a shot and he can hear it ran off. He doesn't think he hit it, but he can hear it breaking through the trees and stuff. So the next morning they wake up and they go to check their traps. They're a little weirded out, and he mentions that they on an unspoken agreement just stuck together, you know, like two guys are just scared and they're huddling together dolls iron and they didn't catch anything in their traps, which is double bummer. So they get back to camp cancel screwed up again, second time, second time in a row, totally screwed up. They kind of like start investigating what's going on, and they're by this river where it's like sandy river bed type soil, they can see the feet print are definitely bipedal. So they get there's prints there, Yeah, very obvious prints because of this river bed that's kind of next to him. So they decide that they're gonna just keep the fire roaring all night and they're gonna have it. They're gonna have a guy up.
Speaker 2: All night long, you know, kind of on a guard.
Speaker 1: And they have a huge fire, and they said they can hear it sneaking around their camp and they can hear like the moaning.
Speaker 2: The moaning, but did they hear like branches. They can hear six.
Speaker 1: Breaking and stuff, so you can hear the things like around them. And in the book it says it's on the other side of the river watching them.
Speaker 2: That's terrified.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be a little sketchy. So they wake up in the morning and they're like, we're gonna leave. Let's get out of here. Something's weird. The guy died here last year. Just not feeling good about it. So they go together again on spoken agreement, gather up all their tracks and on the last two it's kind of getting to be like noon, late afternoon.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's like, I'm gonna go get these last three. You just go pack up camp way when I get back, we can just get Ottle. So they split up and he goes Bawman goes and Collectsi's last three beaver traps.
Speaker 2: So they're just picking up their stuff so they can they're.
Speaker 1: Getting out and they stuck together all day. He's going to grab the last three traps and Bawoman's partner is going.
Speaker 2: To go back. I can see this coming. So they're splitting up.
Speaker 1: Movie set up, right, duh and uh they said the whole time they felt followed and on edge, and uh. Then they were like, well, it's kind of silly, like we're mountain men. We killed everything, we've lived, we live out here in the snow. So they kind of like talk themselves into splitting out. And he gets down to his last pond, and sure enough, the only time they catch beavers, he catches three beavers, all three. One of them actually like broke the trap free and got into its den, so he had to kind of dig it out. He cleans the beavers, you know, gets his traps taken apart, takes care of the animals, and then walks back. So it's been a little while, and he notes in the book. On the way back, it was quiet, like too quiet. He couldn't even hear his own footprints, really quiet, like he couldn't hear his feet hitting the pine needles, which you know makes that noise every single So that's something.
Speaker 2: That's really common you read about in like a big sasquatch stuff. So this is pre sasquatch and bigfoot, like we've come to know it since like Patterson gas it's this is like predating that. But it's the same kind of stuff. Okay, that's in.
Speaker 1: A similar story, which maybe this sparks some of that lore.
Speaker 2: Right, even though they call it a hob goblin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Teddy Roosevelt does. So Bauman works his way back to the camp. It's not far mile, a couple of miles and uh. He gets back to the camp and it's dead quiet, and he can see that the fire went out. There's just like blue smoke whirling in the air at the camp. At the camp, he's yelling at his friend something's messed up, but his friend's not replying. So he gets there and he can see that the bags are packed, gets up to the firing. His friends like tipped off the log that they were sitting on dead like debt, like laying they're just laying their dead, all this rustled up stuff around him. And it says in the book like because of the way the dirt was, you can see exactly what happened. And it says after he you know, set up his packs, he sat down by the fire, and the monster snuck up behind him, pulled his neck back, breaking his neck, and then with four fans, bit into his neck.
Speaker 2: So he hit it so like grabbed him by the hair, pulled his neck.
Speaker 1: I picture it like you know under the under the jaw yeh like kind of like reached around over his head and then grabbed his john violently his head back, and then bit it and broke his neck after you know, exposing that jugular and the trachea and all that.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: So it broke his neck and bit him with four fang marks in his neck. And then it looks like it danced around and rolled along his body and then snuck back into the woods.
Speaker 2: What do you mean danced around.
Speaker 1: Like like a victory Dan He says, it looked like it, I wrote Teddy Roosevelt said he like rolled on it.
Speaker 2: It looks like it rolled.
Speaker 1: Over a few times.
Speaker 2: That's just weird.
Speaker 1: So Bauman just got the f out. He only took his rifle. He left his him and his buddy's packs, the beavers, everything, and he ran and he booked it to the ponies, which I've been scared in the woods, like on edge, and you're just like, I just get back to the camp. I can't see where I'm going. I just want to get back to my camp. It feels like it never comes. So I get that eurie, like a strong, comfortable feeling, and he gets back and then he gets onto the ponies and takes off until he feels like he's safe. And in the book, Bauman left and abandoned everything but his rifle, saying that the monster was either half human or half devil.
Speaker 2: The monster was half human or half devil. Either half human or half devil. Yeah, you know, that's so weird. Okay, So that's a really cool story, and.
Speaker 1: It's old, and it's by a presidentane.
Speaker 2: And before you know, Bigfoot was a thing. Yeah, I mean Bigfoot's always been a thing. You can go back thousands of years and you can read the legends of Native Americans and.
Speaker 1: Well, and he mentions that the snow walkers, yeah, and other frost giants, other.
Speaker 2: Elven yes, frost giants nice. Yeah, No, frost giants are like some of the Native American tribes have a snow giant or frost giant, which are cannibal giant is like nurse Smith yeah, yeah, which just it's kind of like what we talked about. This stuff is everywhere. Ye, every content and all goes back to giants. It all goes back to weirdness, strange things. It's a very strange thing, you know. Now though, what's weird is Bigfoot. And we talked a little bit about this in our last episode. Bigfoot has this kind of fairy like goodness, good natured happy. So there's like a contrast here, and that's one thing I really wanted to point out. On one hand, we have these these Bigfoot type of ideations for lack of a better word, of this nice, good giant creature that's all about tinder and bunnies and love and flabbers. Yeah. And you know, he's the he's the mascot for Oregon Travel. Yeah, and he's on all kinds of merchandise that people are selling on the internet. He's this nice creature benevolent.
Speaker 1: That's the spirit of adventure, isn't that what I called him last time?
Speaker 2: Spirit of exactly? So that's one side, and then the other side is this dark, scary, supernatural monster that has some very dare I say, nefarious boy history yep, And this is one of examples of that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I like to think a lot of people talk about this about ghosts and all kinds of stuff, and it's like people are bad. I mean, there's there's Ted Bundy's, there's Ed Kemper's, there's you know, there's terrible people out there, And what if that.
Speaker 2: If you just looked at you'd think they were just fine? Yeah, well maybe until you find out they're cannibals, murderers.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, what if there's I mean, there's also me and you who sit around and talk about nerdy things all the time. So what if there's nice, charitable sasquatches, and there's also Ed camp or Ted Bundy Sasquatches.
Speaker 2: So let me jump in there, because I've been doing a lot of reading over the last couple of weeks about Bigfoot, trying to indoctrinate myself on all the different stories and legends about Bigfoot. And one thing that I pulled out of this that's really fascinating is that a lot of real serious Bigfoot researchers believe there are basically tribes of bigfoot sasquatch people. You'd assume those I mean, and some of them, some of them are bad, nefarious, Some of them are good, Some of them are benign. Some of them just want to stay away from everything. And you know, I never thought of it like that.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: If these creatures exist, some of them maybe have good manners. Some of them are very diabolical.
Speaker 1: If you had to come up with a name for a group of sasquatch, which you call it? A name for a group, yeah, like a bunch of ravens or crows as a murder of crows. Or you could have like a flock of seagulls good. Or you could have a pack of wolves. You could have a heard of cows. You could have a school.
Speaker 2: Is there is there a name that people call.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't want to know what you would call it.
Speaker 2: I would probably call it something like a I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'd go with pod. It sounds the most science fiction.
Speaker 2: I like pod.
Speaker 1: Pod sasquat, or how about a rack, a rack that sounds weird, you know, like you get a six pack pack. I would go with pack if that's your logic.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It seems like it needs something more more cool.
Speaker 1: Because the big thought colony pods are like for like for a stronghold, a stronghold, busheless squatching, bush squatching, bush squatching, ben, I'm bushless squatching. Anyway, when you go get toilet paper, what do you call it when you go get a bag? Yeah, package, crate.
Speaker 2: I don't know, if you have good idea send it into it or.
Speaker 1: If you know there's an actual name, maybe we'll coin a word for it.
Speaker 2: Like a murder of crows makes no sense, but I like that.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't are sketchy, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I could go a murder of sasquatch, A murder of sasquatch. Oh, I got it, I got it.
Speaker 1: A coven coven, nice of squatch, coven of squatch.
Speaker 2: I can see a sticker with a squatch coven logo.
Speaker 1: There's probably some biologists or something like. Actually, because of the primate nature of the animal, we would like to.
Speaker 2: You know, bite beetle. It's a herd.
Speaker 1: It's a what do we call monkeys.
Speaker 2: Troop? True, a troop I think so troop squat, troop of squatch.
Speaker 1: That's why they're knocking on woods. It's actually like a battle drum.
Speaker 2: They're troops marketing. Well, you know what's weird about Okay, Sasquatch And now we're talking about maybe there are different tribes of Sasquatches, some of them good. I mean, like if you look at like the different tribes of Native American Indians, I mean they all have different kinds of reputations. Some were known as warriors, some were known as very you know, hospitable, some.
Speaker 1: Of them anything like religion like christian Well, yeah, yeah, there's terrible groups of culty people who are killing and raping and being terrible, and then there's charitable kind, and then there's middle road normal ding dongs. There's all kinds of people.
Speaker 2: Well, that being said, one of the statistics that I found, and we'll go over this more in future episodes. They were talking about people go missing in national parks, are out camping in national forests, and the highest incidents of bigfoot and sasquatch sightings coincide with the highest number of people that go missing in those areas right never to be found. So a lot of people are trying to make the connection that oh, yeah, not only do they scare or terrify people that are out camping, they grab them, but when opportunity knocks and is there somebody out there alone or there's something that's within easy reach or easy grasp or they could miss for disappeared, you don't find like bodies usually for these people. You don't find bones, you don't find anything. They just are gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty sketchy.
Speaker 2: So that that kind of weirds me out a little bit about you know, going out and trying to find a Sasquatch. I don't know if I want to find one. I want to find one, Okay, maybe I know what's the You die? You die, right, you die, you die? You have a story, you know. It's kind of like you see these people going out to like, you know, some National park where there's buffalo, like the Grand Canyon area or something, and they go down there and then they they run out try to pet a buffalo and then it gored booted, yeah, fifteen feet in the air, and they're like, oh, that's a the death of like if it's a moose or something, and it's the same kind of thing. People do dumb things because out of lack of knowledge. I don't want to be that guy. I don't mind going out looking, but I want to be prepared, you know. And at least if he gets me, I hope somebody's got it on tape, yep, so that it's documented and then it's not blurry, that it's in sharpness.
Speaker 1: It's that old walking hunting adage. Yeah, lock softly and carry a sharp stick boomstick. Yeah. So anyway, that's a fascinating story. I love that story, and I love that whole book is super good. I would listen to it probably once a year.
Speaker 2: It's funny you say that book is super good. I'd listen to it because right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Today's episode brought to you by Audible. Audible your place for a monthly subscription one book a month for free.
Speaker 2: So what a perfect segue, because I have been listening to Audible.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: I found a book about people's encounters with bigfoot, and last night I stayed up and listened to a story and in many ways it mirrored Theodore Roosevelt story that you talked about. Yeah, so this guy goes to his friend's house and I'm gonna really this short.
Speaker 1: Can you give me an era?
Speaker 2: This was like maybe twenty years ago. Okay, yeah, so like two thousands. So this guy ex military guy. He goes with one of his military friends and they go out. Yeah, they're like, let's call it Bob and Tom Bob. Yeah, so they end up Bob goes to Tom's house, who has, you know, a ranch or some kind of homestead out on the edge of a big forest. And this is around I mean, this is outside of New York, so I don't know where it's at. Maybe it's Pennsylvania or somewhere I wish I could remember. Okay, pennsyl Tucky sounds. But so they go, they go to this Bob's house and Tom goes and Tom's kind of a city slicker and Bob's kind of a countryman. And they go out there and they spend time out on the old homestead and they decide they're going to go in and fish and hunt deep into the forest.
Speaker 1: Yep. And I've been there the East Yeah, crazy area.
Speaker 2: Crazy you think, foliage, foliage, foliage foliage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen black bears all over that's the first time I saw while Black Bear was in Pennsyl Tucky.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So what's really funny is so the guy Bob, it's calling him Bob, has a pickup truck. And I don't remember the year. I think it was, like, you know, it was a big Ford if I remember, big full ton truck, and he had souped it up and jacked it up, and they called it little Foot kind of like.
Speaker 1: The Bigfoot monster truck, right.
Speaker 2: Exactly, So it was almost a monster truck. Tom described it as nice. And so they had like these special bullet kind of steps you had to step up in to get inside this thing. But anyway, they loaded it up with they took a few firearms, they took some fishing poles and stuff, and they went out on some crazy forest roads. They had to cut branches out of it and use the winch on it to pull things off the road so they could get through. And they ended up going way back into this you know, really forested area.
Speaker 1: Hang out with them. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were having and they had beer, they had food. You know, they're going to stay a couple nights, had a tent, so they set up camp and the first night they decided, Hey, we've got enough time, let's go down and we'll do a little fishing down by the river. So they walked down there and they're fishing. You know, he's a long journey, and Tom says that he's a city slicker, so he wasn't used to it. He was exhausted by time he got there. And they're out there wading around in this river fishing and the river was like, you know, maybe thirty feet wide. It wasn't really deep. It wasn't like a big massive river like the Snake River where we were at. Yeah, but there was so much foliage that they to fish, they couldn't really use their fly rods. They were just kind of flicking it out a little bit because there was too much overhang called the branches. And while they're out there, they started hearing some noises and they got looking around and like, yeah, crunching making noises and stuff, and they smelled some weird smells, you know, and they were a little weird out, both Tom and Bob. They were a little frustrated and a little weird about what was going on. So they kept kind of getting closer and closer together in the stream, just because they felt exposed. Finally, they heard some noises and thought they saw something moving through the brush on the other side of the river, staring at them and looking at them. So they one of them had a shotgun. One of them had a forty four magnum that they called Harry four, most powerful and gun in the world. So they run back to their camp and when they get to the camp, the camp is all messed up. It's not horrible. They set it back up. They thought maybe you know, you know, something went through a bear or something and kind of messed things up, and they had tied meat and some other things, wiping the tree although they'd hoisted it up over a tree branch. I got it food, probably so that a bear wouldn't get it. But anyway, they figured a bear it got there, and they thought maybe that's what it was down by the river. Well, that night they were in the tent. It was like a full moon or something, and they heard a bunch of crunching and loud noises and a meld something terrible. And Tom had kind of drifted off to sleep and was asleep when all of a sudden he woke up with a start. He just felt like something was watching him, and they could see a shadow of something standing over the tent looking inside, and then terrible growls and stuff. So Bob grabbed his forty four and fired three times through the tent at this thing. And Tom said he was afraid it was some guy messing around, you know, maybe they killed somebody. They got up, they couldn't find any blood or anything. They found some prints that looked really weird, but the ground was pretty hard and so they couldn't really tell what it was. So they go back again down to fish at this lake. It wasn't as far away as the river, and they fished for a while and they catch a few fish and stuff. There's having a good time, and then everything went deathly silent, abnormally quiet, crazy, no noise, everything just weird. And they said their hair on their you know, the back of their neck, stood up, their arms erect, and so they they decided they're going to get the heck out of there. So they went running back to the campsite, and when they get there, something was totally wrong. Everything was shredded, the tin was torn up. They had like a big, huge cooler, like a big huge white cooler like I have you know, the like eighty gallons or whatever it is, and it was smashed. It was flattened like a pancake. The guys said, crazy. Somehow the food out of the tree was ripped down, the branch came off with it.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 2: And the weirdest thing was the truck was totally messed up. It was like something had ran into the side and smashed in the whole side, crazy, and then the other side was smashed. The tailgate it had I guess like a like a cover on it that was smashed and torn up. Everything inside was torn up, The windows were broken out, and it was like it's something I'd gone through and just totally destroyed this thing. They were so freaked out they threw everything they could in the back of this messed up truck. Fortunately, it said. They started and they got down the mountain and got to the main road to go back to the homestead. And as they were going they passed a sheriff's deputy and they pulled over. The sheriff's deputy came up and said, what happened when truck happened to you man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, up in the truck.
Speaker 2: And they're like, we don't know. There was something that up in the woods that did it. And then the sheriff deputy said, you know, we've had reports for the last sixty years of this kind of thing. I think it's outside of Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: Oh, PENNSYLVANCKI.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, I mean, but it's the same kind of thing. Story you said, nobody ended up.
Speaker 1: It sounds super similar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean it was the same kind of stuff. The camp being shredded, and that's something I found in a lot of the things I've read.
Speaker 1: Camp aggressive behavior.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even if they don't kill the people or beat up the people, break my chairs everything in face ten, Yeah, they tear it up. Something tears it up, and people believe it's a big foot. Okay, that's my story. That's a good story. It is crazy how similar it was. Wondering two things. Why didn't they camp closer to the water?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's I think from what I Maybe I didn't tell right, but they camped close to the lake.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, gotcha.
Speaker 2: But the river where they were going to go do some fly fishing that.
Speaker 1: Had supposedly a little better fishing.
Speaker 2: They they went down there, which was a further walk, and one thing, and this kind of fits that Pennsylvania kind of foliage that we.
Speaker 1: Were talking about.
Speaker 2: They as they got closer to the river, it got more and more dense and so like to get like the last one hundred yards, they had to just like bushwhack through everything totally got in there. This story was actually told on Coast to Coast am with George Norrie, and a lot of these stories were right. But I'll put links to it if I can fight him perfect. He's insane up there.
Speaker 1: So I did my nicee do it.
Speaker 2: One time in that way. Austin's gonna blow his horn one more time the opposite direction. I dropped it, He dropped it. I dropped it in the dirt.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be all ichy in.
Speaker 2: My mouthy, I don't think. So. That's a beautiful that's really look at that killer. Take a picture you can't. I'm going to take a picture of it right now. Well, I'm recording. That's okay. I think I can do both. I'm recording and I'm taking a picture of what I'm seeing right now, which is really awesome. Austin put his phone underneath the bottle of whiskey.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a that picture, that's pretty sure. You should approach that. Look there their name on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we're like, this is halftime, you know, we're just kind of sitting here by the fire, but we're drinking some scotch and it's blended. Oh jeez, you scared me that that was Austin. So Austin is drinking. There's all kinds of weird noises out of here.
Speaker 1: Mommy, you me all right, let's say let's.
Speaker 2: Get back to our story. Hello, I can't like that.
Speaker 1: My next one is a doozy. I don't know if you want to grab like a tinfoil hat or just it's it's a little out there.
Speaker 2: So are you sure this is one hundred? This is a pretty well known story. Okay, when did this happen.
Speaker 1: A long time ago?
Speaker 2: Like in the fifties, forties, like.
Speaker 1: In nineteen twenty four something?
Speaker 2: Is this the minor story?
Speaker 1: Minor? Yes, So I'm gonna really summarize this one because if we go into play by play. Yeah, but it was published in a I believe it actually was a.
Speaker 2: New York newspaper. Newspaper. I might be wrong, but near Canada, it's a good thing. We're very very you knowicious, studicious, studious, studious, studious in our studio finding capabilities. We could just make up crap and say, yeah, you know, I heard there's some place we can make up some doobies.
Speaker 1: Oh god, some doobies, y'all.
Speaker 2: No, not dobies, duties. We should come on, don met some You know what we should do is we should do a podcast where we we make up a story about Bigfoot, and then we tell real stories, and then we tell stories, and then we'll see if people can guess which one's the fake story.
Speaker 1: This story is. It's pretty famous story, and it was published in a newspaper. I think I want to say it was in New York, but I want to in my head that's the wrong coastline for Canada meeting.
Speaker 2: You wrote all these stories out, I.
Speaker 1: Did, and then I summarized them, and a lot of my good content got just But I can't tell you I don't know where the Toba Inlet is.
Speaker 2: Toba, Toba, t Oba.
Speaker 1: I would assume, so hey, Google.
Speaker 5: Hey girl, where's the Toba Inlet.
Speaker 2: Toba Inlet, Powell River, a BC, Canada, six hundred three miles away British Columbia.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm not one hundred percent sure which newspaper this came out in, but I know that it happened around British Columbia near the Toba Inlet.
Speaker 2: You know, a year about which I want.
Speaker 1: To say, nineteen twenty four.
Speaker 2: Okay, that works, nineteen twenty four, the Toba Inlet, yep, by British Columbia.
Speaker 1: So this is a story given to a newspaper by a man named Albert Ostman, and he held on to it for most of his life and then I kind of like towards his later years when he was kind of fading out, he finally produced this story for the newspaper.
Speaker 2: He told his story to it and it.
Speaker 1: Sounded like people knew about the story, and he told it to people, but he didn't tell it to the journalist.
Speaker 2: It wasn't documented. Yeah, okay, gotcha.
Speaker 1: And so this Albert Osman guy was kind of a woodsman. He was a contractor, construction worker, kind of a handyman, pioneering, you know, gritty man's man, like a lot of these Teddy Roosevelt fellas. Yeah, you know. And so he kind of hears about this mine in British Columbia at the Toba Inlet, and you know, you follow the where the inlet is, and you follow that river and you finally get to this spot where there's supposedly tons of golden people are having lots of success. Okay, so there's this kind of gold rush. So he goes into I don't remember the name of the town, but a local Canadian town and hires this Native American fella, salty old crotchety dude, and kind of uses him as a guide, you know, to get him up to the Toba Inlet where he can kind of make his way bushwhacking from there. So they go up into Canada. They're looking for this mine, they're looking for this Toba Inlet, and the guy's telling them stories about these monsters.
Speaker 2: And these ghouls and.
Speaker 1: These beasts that live out there, the Sasquatch. So they finally get up to their spot and Albert Ostman they've been surviving off the land the whole way up there. So they shoot a deer here and there, and finally they get to this spot. The Native Americans like, this is where I leave. I'll send a boat back to this inlet in three weeks, okay, And so they split up. So Albert Osman takes off. He's kind of like looking for the next place to camp. So he sets up camp one night. On one side there's an out kind of a rock wall where he's gonna get some wind shelter, and he kind of like wedges sticks in there to hang his backpack on. So he's kind of making a nice camp, and he goes out looking for some deer because they're kind of living off flamming. They don't have enough food to get through all the time. He goes off hunting, comes back, he notices his backpacks been kind of like rummaged through and it's upside down hung up, okay, and he's like kind of weird it out, but he's you know, maybe I hung it up and then like porcupines will like come in and kind of get into something, you know, like maybe it was biting at the zipper and that's why this stuff fell out. So he's kind of like applying logic to all these things. So because the bed a little bit later, he gets kidnap sacked, Like the sleeping bag that he was in is drabbed at the top and he's pushed down to the bottom and then it's thrown over what he calls a horse's back. So it's like they threw it over a horse and he's in he's inside his bag, so, you know.
Speaker 2: Kind of flopping around.
Speaker 1: People talk about how grizzly bears call it. I think you're just a burrito when you're in a sleeping bag in a tent.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This this was basically like the the like peta.
Speaker 2: Or cal zone version. So he didn't know what it was. He thought, you know, it could have been.
Speaker 1: He thought some dude might have like a couple of fellows might have grabbed him and thrown him in. And he'd been sleeping with his rifle because of the kind of weird stuff he shoot, the porky pine that's being So.
Speaker 2: The rifle was in the bag with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the rifles in his bag. He's got some other stuff kind of bouncing around his bag, and he can hear like his other belongings clanking around, like his cans of goods like canned foods, Clan.
Speaker 2: Clan clem clan mess kit or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as they're as they're making their way wherever, and he's in there for quite a while.
Speaker 2: Whatever it is is taking him and his stuff away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if you can imagine, let's say he's two hundred pounds, but even all that weight in the bottom of a bag, everything's probably all scrunched up. So he can feel like they're going downhill and he's starting to fit like he's not on a horse so much, you know, like because he's getting drug down, like when it's a steeps around here and bouncing up there and hit a tree. So they finally get to the spot and he gets let down and his legs are numb, and it's been hours he's been in this spag and he gets out. His legs are numb. There's nothing around him, really, and he's kind of freaking out, kind of comes to gets his bearings, gets his feet, the blood back in his feet and.
Speaker 2: Stuff, and they pull his rifle out and stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he did, he would, right, and uh, he kind of gets an idea of his surroundings. He's can kind of sense that there's something around him. He can see these figures and stuff.
Speaker 2: He's what do you want?
Speaker 1: There's nothing going on? Long story short, he comes to find out that he's been kidnapped by a what seems like the male, the alpha male, like a family, but the family of four sasquatch, and he describes it as a male, a female older and a young boy pubescent adolescent, you know, like a weird, lanky, acne ridden boy and a young girl.
Speaker 2: How come I've never heard this story before.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's pretty famous. I've heard it a few times. So he kind of begins a relationship with these kids, and he talks about how.
Speaker 2: The Sasquatch kids, Like, when you say begins a relationships, is that like like that night or like has he been there for a while.
Speaker 1: He's there for a while a few I think like six nights, five nights.
Speaker 2: Okay, So so he's like basically so basically he's been taking a hostage and he's making friends with his hostage takers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but here's the funny part. He talks about how it seems like the father figure is justifying to the mother why he brought this thing back.
Speaker 2: I was like, and then it's like, so if you take it serious, maybe it was something that he wasn't supposed to do or something.
Speaker 1: He's like, I don't know, I freaked out he grabbed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sasquat's broken roll brought a human back to camp.
Speaker 1: And I just picture her with her hand on her hip. You know, like, what the hell did you just do? He's like, girl, don't even right now. You know, they're having like this conversation, and these two kids, the teenage male and the younger girl, are just kind of watching and throughout.
Speaker 2: These five until they were male or female.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming if they're similar to the have you ever seen an orangutang?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're saying that they I'm assuming their parts an anatomical bits.
Speaker 1: I'm very obvious of the situation, Okay.
Speaker 2: Because most of the stories that I hear they're androgynists. He spent five days with them, Okay, so he got up close in personal, Yeah, he was. He his bag's there, I know how he could tell. He looked at the squatch crotch scratch nice Okay, keep calling.
Speaker 1: Anyway, squatch crotch nice. So his bag's there and some of his belongings, and he actually it goes and finds some water at one point, and he makes some he uses his soup and he makes like a ladle to scoop water out of a and h the two younger kid sasquatches. I think it's cool. So he makes one for them, and they kind of developed this relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like they're nice. They're being friends, and.
Speaker 1: The kids are kind of in charge of watching the guy and he's planning the whole time. How am I going to get out of here? I can't live with these monsters in the woods. And he's got a gun, but he's like, I don't know how fast I can shoot. I mean, these things are bigger than I am, and clearly it can carry.
Speaker 2: Me miles and miles away.
Speaker 1: Long story short, The younger boy one sees him me using chewing tobacco, you know, like the chaw.
Speaker 2: The old the old.
Speaker 1: It's a real story. Every story is real if you've heard it, and he gives it to the boy. The boy, I imagine a sniffs it, brings it to the dad. The dad puts it in his mouth and kind of likes it. So he develops this plan. He can't shoot him, and he tries to actually like just walk out at one point, and he says that the monster stops him with his hand out like kind of a don't go a generic stop figure like hands up and says in the story, I read s u.
Speaker 2: K a like suka suka suka suka.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems odd, right, so he develops this plan because he can't just leave and he can't shoot them all because they're giant monsters. So he gives the boy and he's like exaggerating. He takes some a lipper the old upper decker too, you know, and he's like mm and really just exaggerating his pleasure he's getting from this.
Speaker 2: Is this a true story? Is a true story? Keep going?
Speaker 1: I've heard it a few times, so I mean more than once.
Speaker 2: It's true. I just know sometimes you do that. I just made it up. So long story short.
Speaker 1: He gets the dad monkey monster buzzing really hard to he's sick.
Speaker 2: The dad.
Speaker 1: I don't he eats too much cho yeah, he just probably gutting it wallow. He gets sick, all kinds of noises and his tummy and he makes his escape.
Speaker 2: He gets away.
Speaker 1: So he's kidnapped by this monster family of four, lives with him for five days, and then escapes via chewing tobaccy.
Speaker 2: He's chewing the kid sick.
Speaker 1: Isn't that the most ridiculous thing Albert Ostman in British Columbia, the most Canadian things? So yeah, so the monkeys were like, I'm sorry, dear man. We don't want you out there getting sick or nothing. So we decided we'd bring it back to where we live, you know. Or they were like.
Speaker 2: Fringe the Copenhagen. Okay, so I'm trying to pull out something a good nugget that isn't quite so.
Speaker 1: Weak because silver Oastman didn't find no nuggets the squatchcratch, but he did find nuggets.
Speaker 2: Well yeah two times. Okay, I'm not going there, but any so, the things I can pull out are this story has very benign sasquatch characters and weak. Yeah, they're thoughtful. They have a family, patriarchal kind of system, a nuclear family, nuclear family. Yeah, they that looks out for each other. They live homogeneously with each other. And this human that is kind of collected, almost like a wild animal, yeah, like a pet, like a pet, is taken in with them and then he escapes. That's really kind of weird. That's that's a unique story. Most Bigfoot stories have something, you know, where it's just like your first story where it's scary or it never gets that far. It's just or we see this thing, rich, let's get the heck out of guides, which we probably won't tell those stories in this episode, but there are those as well. Yeah, very creepy. So just to button this story up so he gets away, he kind of keeps this to himself, maybe tells a few people. But then later in life, before he dies, he tells the story to a journalist who writes it up. And did he call it anything? Do you remember did he call him sasquatches or goblins or.
Speaker 1: I want to say that the guide called him a sasquatch. The guide called him a sad So he had this already kind of preconceived idea of what these monsters were.
Speaker 2: So when he got a way, then he went back down and was picked up by that native guide that took him back.
Speaker 1: To Yeah, okay, I think he made his way to the shoreline and found a way back.
Speaker 2: Robert Osman just google that.
Speaker 1: It'll be having tons and tons for a couple links on our website too. You can find the new folder article and tells the story from like nineteen something, that's crazy fifty something when he died or.
Speaker 2: So, if I was going to convience that down, i'd say man goes on gold hunt to find gold and riches in British Columbia, Canada, gets abducted by family, a bigfoot carried away in sleeping bag over shoulder for hours, dumped on ground, made friends with young bigfoot baby kids, becomes family pet, uses a package of chewing tobacco to make maybe several the big daddy Sasquatch sick and uses the opportunity to escape and find his way back to civilization.
Speaker 1: I do it old timing.
Speaker 2: It was just in.
Speaker 1: Man abducted by Sasquatch, keptain sleeping back for several days. Puns is way out by nothing.
Speaker 2: Out the deck, no pun intended. Cool. Yeah, I like that story. It's a goofy one. It's hard.
Speaker 1: That's why I was prefacing tinfoil hats, get everything, getting ready to protect you from this babble.
Speaker 2: So our next episode, we're going to talk a little bit about some of the Native American stories that are probably talking about bigfoot before bigfoot was a thing, and so we'll talk about those. Do you have any other more modern stories kind of like these that are that are kind of you know, you hear a lot of like stories on different kinds of podcasts or or even you know, documentaries about people who've ran into a bigfoot or what they thought was a big foot. But these are these stories that we're telling are a little more you'd call them type A encounters. Do you have any more encounters stories?
Speaker 1: One more story? It was sent in by a guy named Craig. That's all I got, Craig.
Speaker 2: You sent it in through our weapons.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, just message on Facebook, oh to you?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, old.
Speaker 1: Old Craig, Craig I got.
Speaker 2: I've got nothing. If you've got a story, please send it to us my story at a Strange thing dot com. I'll send you a swag. Okay.
Speaker 1: So Craig's talking about he's in the like Seattle area, like l'connor. I've actually been there, which is kind of weird. Lo Connor, Loconnor. It's like a town outside of Seattle. So he's up with some friends at this cabin and there's kind of this little uh what do you call when there's like a almost like a lake, but it's part of the ocean, like a like an inlet in in the middle of this is like this this island.
Speaker 2: So Craig and like some friends.
Speaker 1: I want to say, he's like his best friend and his girlfriend.
Speaker 2: On Inlet Island. Is that right?
Speaker 1: Inland Island?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Island, so what And then in the middle, when the tide goes down, especially, there's like kind of like a patch of trees and like you can walk over to this kind of thing. So the tide goes down and they make their way across to this.
Speaker 2: Like a land bridge when the tide's love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like halfway there, the tide kind of starts coming up and they're like, we gotta get back more to this island or we got to turn around. They're kind of like, well, let's just get to the island because we can't turn around. It's kind of like soupy and muddy already, and like this mucky water is kind of a panicking sity.
Speaker 2: So they end up going to the island rather than back to shore in the inlet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in my mind, they're closer to the island than they are to the inland. Let's just get here.
Speaker 2: Okay. So so what you're saying is they get trapped on the island. Yeah, I mean it's a twenty tide comes in.
Speaker 1: I We're talking like thirty trees and bushes and like a trail from people that do this regularly, right, Okay, So they get on the island, but on the other side of the island, going towards the other side of this little inlet. Inlet is like a much better rockier way to get to the mainland. Right.
Speaker 2: So there's a couple land bridges when the tide's low.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and on this particular side it's muddy where their cabin is, and on the other side where there's another cabin.
Speaker 2: Is so rock land bridge versus mud land bridge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So they make their way across on the rock Land bridge.
Speaker 2: They get out and it's kind of like.
Speaker 1: A oh no no.
Speaker 2: So they go to the island, go around to the island, and they go on the other side back to the mainland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, from their perspective, initially it's the end of the world. The other perspective is now we have to walk around this like kind of laky inlet and go to get back to our cast and there's another cabin on the other side. It's like a whole little community, all right. So they get there, they're kind of an off season, like the late fall, and they get there and the cabin on the other side is like pretty banged up. It's got like the windows blown out and like the door's kind of like a jar.
Speaker 2: But not open. I missed the opening part where you said where Okay. So they're staying at cabin Ah, okay, and caviin b is on the other side, on the other side of the rock Land Bridge, on the other side of the island. Yeah, it's on the other other side of the inlet. Yeah, okay, as far as I can. I'm just trying to draw the geographic picture of this thing. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: So they get to this other side and he's a little bit kind of weird, and they said it was like somebody had been.
Speaker 2: Like squatting there or something.
Speaker 1: And I'm assuming it's like later afternoon, and they have to kind of make their way back around the whole inlet right back to.
Speaker 2: There because the mud bridge is yeah, water covered.
Speaker 1: And cross the little creek or whatever that goes in there. And they start making their way over and the second cabin they come across.
Speaker 2: Is all busted in.
Speaker 1: It's still not their cabin, No, their cabin's several cabins, sounds like it, and so they're like, well, this is getting kind of creepy. We're up here by ourselves. And he says it like smelled bad and there was like stuff on the floor like something it had been like using the restaurant on the floor and stuff. So they're kind of like weirded out, like this is gross, and they're kind of like wondering, when we get home, we might need to leave. So they start kind of hustling, and they're getting this feeling of being watched and followed and again that quiet, eerie feeling. The fourth cabin is open, like wide open, like their garage door's up. The door open, and the door's open, and it's like demolished, like the stuff inside, like the kayaks are on the floor like tipped over, and there's stuff kind of coming out of the driveway like boxes and stuff. Sounds like riots or something going kind of yeah, So they kind of go out to this cabin because it seems like people were there and there's like lights are on and it's just too eerie. They kind of like going, hello, you know, it's everything okay. And the garage door where they just went in shuts behind them. They're trying to open it, and they can feel the tension of something behind them holding the door shut. They run around and they can hear this something's following them with like hoops and hallows and they're running and it's but they can hear stuff moving alongside them, breaking through the trees. So they're kind of like frantically scattered running down the road. And they get away, turn around and they realize that the girl is missing his girlfriend.
Speaker 2: How could they wet? So they like freaked out ran away and left without her.
Speaker 1: I guess so, so they kind of like go back. They're calling out her name, back to the back to the shack or whatever. And they get back there and she's on the back porch, sitting down and she's got a root beer float in her hand.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's got a root beer float and W root beer float, the big an W mug mug. Yeah. And they're like, what's happening? And she's like very quiet still, and they look up and above her standing in the doorway is a sasquatch with a flower apron on.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, are you crapping me?
Speaker 1: I'm crapping you.
Speaker 2: Why would you say that story such? You're a jerkquad, You're just a jerk.
Speaker 1: I was really struggling. You were asking too many questions. I had to find the line between making a story up and pretending like I heard a story and I'm making up right now, gosh, And finally we.
Speaker 2: Just ruined my whole night. I mean, I'm like, what's going on? And then you get to the er float and they're like let down and totally let down, totally let down Sasquatch. There are plenty of real Sasquad stories. We don't need to make up Squatch.
Speaker 1: You don't need to make Squatch up.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, on that note, we should, we should extricate ourselves from this episode. And we just wanted to give a few stories. Okay, well I guess we did three because the fourth one was not legit, and yeah, it was nonsense. Next episode, I want to tell some Native American stories because they're really fascinating. And then I'm hoping they get some information back from a few people. I've asked some questions. I've sent out some questionnaires to a few people that have had experiences or encounters with Bigfoot, and I'm asking questions about, you know, when is their first recollection of Bigfoot nice? And what do they believe about Bigfoot? They believe he's real, and then what are their encounters? What do they explain those things with? There's a lot of stories out there about people that are like out on the fringe, But the people I'm talking to are just normal people that have everyday kind of thoughts about Bigfoot. I want to throw those out there to basically establish a baseline, right, you know what normal everyday people think about Bigfoot. And then we're going to go.
Speaker 1: More extreme from that, make some categories. Is he my mythical, is he biological? Is he supernatural? Or is he you know, dramonic? What is it ancient?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, And then the other thing we're gonna do. We're going to talk a little bit about the different categories of sightings because there's a ranking system.
Speaker 1: Ranging all the way from Class A to root beer flow.
Speaker 2: Whatever it is. Yeah, we're gonna we're gonna spell those out so that if you have had, or will have or ever have a sasquatch encounter or bigfoot encounter or whatever it is encounter, then you will know how to quantify that and share it with other people. And if you do, we want to be the people you share that with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have a fun time, we do. We We don't like to make fun of people's stories, obviously, I mean the Albert Ostman one. If you're feeding a monkey to back get away. I'd like to hear the story, but I might I might think it's pretty insane, but I.
Speaker 2: Think it's a little bit contrived, maybe, like you Storyoat Squatch.
Speaker 1: If I were abducted by sasquatches and I had heard this story, I mean, it could save your life someday. All I had was like a cigar in my backpack, and I just munched it up and gave it to him, and he got sick to his stomach, and then while he's dry eving, I could take off nice. I mean, that's resourceful. So we're afraid to send us stories, that's right.
Speaker 2: And also we're gonna start poking at a few different things that turn us from you know, this kind of lighthearted banter to some things that maybe a little more scary and things that are a little more maybe uh nefarious. And that's one thing. I think it's also wise if these things do exist, to treat them with a little bit of gosh, because if they do and there any of these stories are real, then it could be kind of dangerous. It could be a little bit scary spooky, and having good knowledge without being too naive is probably very wise. Yep, so we're going to try to give you wisdom.
Speaker 1: If you're heading out to the woods, folks, bring some iron and like I said, walk softly. I'll carry a sharp stick.
Speaker 2: Bangstick, boomstick, boomstick.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's almost Halloween.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: Hopefully you listen to this episode and your Halloween will be a little halloweener.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're going around to make sure that that sasquatch costume is actually.
Speaker 1: A cost and don't just wear your costume masks, but wear your COVID masks. Yes, so join us next time for some cold drinks and some strange conversations.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and happy Halloween. Happy Halloween, Daggers, Daggers,