Speaker 1: Welcome to break Free and Trust a redesign for living. Join me, Chris and.
Speaker 2: Me Jacqueline for real conversations about life, death, and everything in between.
Speaker 1: Learn to connect with your intrinsic power to grow and heal, how to laugh at your own humanness and not take life too seriously.
Speaker 2: Through healthy conversations between the feminine and masculine, you learn how to harness the power of relationship and the mirror, to befriend your shadow, and to trust that any obstacle that gets in your way is there to help you grow.
Speaker 1: Together. Working at a practical levels, you learn to trust that everything that is happening is for you, your growth and ultimate freedom.
Speaker 2: Our circumstances don't matter, it's only how we relate to them that does.
Speaker 1: Get ready to be your friend the wisdom of your body and the power.
Speaker 2: Of your mind. Break Free and Trust starts now.
Speaker 3: And Welcome to break Free and Trust. Are redesigned for Living.
Speaker 4: I'm Chris, my name Jacqueline.
Speaker 3: One of the first teachings that Jacqueline ever shared with me was that the most important decision you will ever make is your answer to a single question. Is the universe benevolent? Because whoever you answer it. That answer becomes the lens which you see your whole life through. Jacque and I have come to believe almost nothing shapes a person's perspective more than this one choice. Answered that it's hostile and every hardship is proof that you're under attack. Answer that it's benevolent, and that very same heartship becomes something happening for you and not to you, an invitation rather than a punishment. Same life, completely different world. In this episode we're going to explore. We're going to explore and look at more deeply this idea. What do we actually mean by a benevolent universe? And is believing it just wishful thinking? If it's a benevolent universe, then what do we do with suffering, cruelty and loss? And how to soul contracts? Quantum physics and the frequency of conscience is fit into any in all of this, all this in more the next hour and it's a live show, so for live years, please put your questions in the chat or call in at nine three zero to eight one nine and we'll take some questions in the second half. All right, you know what, let's get roll in with where I started. So Jack was teaching you shared with me, and when it's one of the first things I remember you ever saying in one of the classes I took of years of this idea about the benevolent universe and the most important question you have to ask. Can you take picks back to that and what you meant by it or what you mean by it? Well?
Speaker 2: I can, But I'm curious about something because I don't remember the day that I said it, and that it landed so deeply for you. I'm wondering what hit you so hard in that statement when I spoke it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think for me, it's just as it wasn't the very first time I met you, when I was sort of going through my stuff. It was months later, when i'd already started this, you know, spiritual emergence, if you will, and I and i'd started studying some spiritual teachings and whatnot. But I just think as the way it was phrased, I never thought about what that meant. I never, I guess, had never placed a direction or objective on the universe. I sort of thought as being something that was relatively inert. But when you asked that question, it really landed with me that actually I was feeling into that there is something a lot more to this, that there is something driving in the direction, and it made me really deeply think about it and what that actually meant for my life. It really hit me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wish I remember. It's not my statement, so I wish I remember where it all heard it from originally. But I guess there's new idea. There's no new ideas out there anyways, just recycled ones or shifts some perspective. I think, well, I can tell you what it means to me now. I don't know exactly what it meant to me when I spoke it then, because I don't remember. At the end of the day, we can either see the world, the universe, and everything in it, so our interactions are the events that happen in our lives. We can either and you and I have said this so many times on this podcast, that's happening to us or happening for us, And if we experience life from the perspective that it's happening for us, which is where I say benevolent or where I would use the word benevolent, then everything that happens in our lives is designed to help us actualize, help us come back into alignment with who we are, help us come home to remember who we are. If, however, we hold the perspective that the universe is out to get us, or that the events that happen in our lives we are victims to the world looks like a pretty hard place, and it doesn't give us a whole lot of agency, and it doesn't give us a whole lot of power. And I'm not talking about the kind of power over I'm talking about inherent power, the kind of power that has us connect to something bigger than we are, not just our own little selves walking through the world. And so I guess it's it's a really long way of saying. What I mean by benevolent is is the universe. It's funny, I feel like I've lost my words today. Just give me half a second. At the end of the day, our perspective on life is all we've got. And if our perspective is that every experience that we have is designed to help us grow into the person that we are meant to become, then this whole wild ride becomes an adventure. If, however, we think that what's being presented to us, whether it's an accident, it's an illness, it's you know, losing something. It's a job that gets a job, that we acquire, our job that we lose, events that are happening with our kids that we really don't have a lot of control over. If we assume that there's no relevance to that, or that the universe is out to get us and poor me or woe is me, then our lives become very painful, and actually our lives become one huge reaction. I hope that answers your question.
Speaker 3: It does, and it's interesting, you know what showed up for me there there's a little bit of like, at least how we're opening with it's it's a bit of a Pascal's wager, and what that is is this, okay, So it's like it's this famous thing when it came to the existence of God. And Pascal is a famous French mathematician the seventeenth century and philosopher who just said, listen, put it this way. If you believe in it, if you if you believe in an infinite God and infant God exists, then there's lots of upside. If you believe in infant God, it doesn't exist, there's probably no downside. But if you don't believe in an infinite god and it does exist, that's going to be problematic. So you're just you're just way better off when you look at the probably of outcome to just just be a believer, because there's really no downside in it. There's lots of downside in not believing, in not living your life that way. And what I'm hearing with in this is there's a there's a positioning and a framing and perspective of life that you're just going to be better off regardless if you position yourself for a benevolent universe, whether it's true or not.
Speaker 2: I think that's absolutely true. Yeah, I think that's absolutely true, and I know it. I mean I know it to be true in my every day Yeah, what does it mean to you to live in a benevolent universe?
Speaker 3: And it's interesting because I think when I when I first went down this road, it was very much how I described in this Pascal Wager. It's like, I think I'm better off just believing that, and I'm better off. I'm better off framing things that are happening for me that everything is an opportunity. Everything has a reason in it. And if I can just if I can just position that way, I'm going to have more inner peace and happiness and I'll learn more lessons. And that's unequippally true. I believe that's a better way to live life. But it means much more to me than that.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: It's like my lived experience here now is I'll unequivally say, I know the universe has been evolent. My own personal experience tells you unequivalently, I know I live in a benevolent universe, and the creative intelligence that runs through this universe is benevolent, and and it's in my view it's the frequency of love. That's what I experience on a daily basis now, far beyond the intellectual exercise that I went through originally. And I don't know if I needed you to the first to get to the second, but that's how I experience it.
Speaker 2: Well, I have two questions from that state, and well, actually a comment first, which is you know, when you just described the first beginning, like the beginning of that piece, what I would say is it actually sounds a little bit fluffy. It sounds a little bit in some ways it could even sound like bypassing, right, Like everything that happens is for me, everything is an opportunity to grow. It's all wonderful, and it's not. It's not all wonderful, and it doesn't always feel like an opportunity to grow. A lot of this feels really painful. And I say that because when we're talking, we're not talking about very fairy shit here, guys. We're talking about like really getting into the trenches and being in the present moment with what life gives us or gifts us. And we'll get into that a little bit more after. But the second piece that you spoke to, which I find really interesting, is it's not very often that you use the words I know. You really approach life with a tremendous amount of curiosity, and you often speak to not knowing and to holding the position of not knowing. What about this is so different for you? How do you know?
Speaker 3: I want to feel like I want to address the first thing you said first, which is, and you're totally right that the starting point is the floppiness. It is spiritual bypassing. But I've come to wonder if that's part of the step in this is it's stake it till you make it, but you've got to believe it. And that was the starting point. So yeah, one hundred percent, spirits will bypassing until it's not, which gets me to the second question.
Speaker 2: But before you go there, fake it till you make it, but you've got to believe it. I don't think you actually get the place of believing it until you've faked it for a while, right, Yeah, it takes time to get to the place where you can truly believe it. And I think that that's what you're speaking to, this place of knowing. You know it then, because why how do you know it?
Speaker 3: So that's the that's the inner voice, the inner dweller that I connect to. Now. It's like we talked to our last podcast on intuition, and it's that place inside when I want to turn all the the outside noise off and come inside and then connect with you know what I'll call God consciousness or christ consciousness or love consciousness. That's what I experience. That's the that's the knowing that shows up. That's the that's the voice or the or the positionality that I connect with. And it's always the same.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to dumb this down a little bit. Can you give our listeners examples of how you know this to be true? How do you know through your own life experience, or through the experience of your clients or the men that you work with, that we live in a benevolent universe.
Speaker 3: I've never seen a situation for happening arise that didn't that didn't lead to a place of Ultimately, the answer was love that ultimately the answer wasn't to move to position yourself to a place of love, which is the which is the flow and the frequency of the universe. I'm struggling here because it's very it's an ineffable concept to explain.
Speaker 2: Can I try?
Speaker 3: Yeah, please try.
Speaker 2: We'll see if you come back to it, because you keep bringing us back to this ineffable piece and I actually want to make this just really raw and real.
Speaker 3: Yeah we'll get there. Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 2: So, in the work that I do in my life as a mom, in my life as a friend, as a wife, as a daughter, and as a sister, more and more I am aware that there are two ways to respond to what's happening. One is to jump into drama. And for me and my experience, what drama looks like is resistance to what's happening. Stories about why what's happening isn't okay, stories about why what some he's doing isn't okay. Story is about how where our kids are at, where our work is at, where life is at, where that's not okay. And the more I watch both myself and the people in my world, the more I recognize that that is a recipe for insanity, because what is in this moment, what is showing up in our lives, is showing up in our lives, and if we meet it with resistance, the only thing that we have is struggle and suffering. If we meet it with curiosity around what do I have to learn here? What is this experience trying to teach me, not about another person, but about myself? What is it that's triggering me? What is it that I reacting to? And I can actually meet it with curiosity because I believe the idea that the universe is benevolent, which means to me that every experience that happens in my life, as we say in our opener, is an opportunity to grow. If I take it, drama starts to disappear. Freedom starts to show up. And I'll use a specific example of what I've been working on lately in relation to our kids, Like we have two kids in our house, one that's going to university, one that's going to begin university in the fall, and one that's in high school. And each one of them are showing up with their own stuff. The more I am able to watch my interactions with them and see their struggle or their their suffering, frustration, upset, sadness, fear, and I'm able to ask the question of myself, what's in this for me? And it's an interesting comment because that actually makes this sound like the whole world is about me, and I'm selfish and and I guess in some ways what I'm saying is it's.
Speaker 3: That's exactly the way, well you're saying your whole universe actually is inside you, which is which is true.
Speaker 4: Thank you, It's true.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is is each one of each each one of these kids is going to live their lives. Each one of them has their own lessons to learn, yes, but in my interactions with each one of them, I have something to learn too. And if rather than looking at the kids just as an example, and saying, Oh, I can't believe we have to deal with this again, or why isn't this one you know, why hasn't this one figured this out yet? Or why is this one struggling? And I can actually stop and go what is it about this struggle or what is it about this impasse that's impacting me? Where am I getting triggered? And how is this experience delivered to me for me to grow? All of a sudden, I've entered this giant field of possibility, and from that standpoint, I can hold a growth mindset. From that standpoint, I can look at each of these experiences and rather than looking at them as something that's happening to me, I can see them as something that's happening for me. And when I can get to a place where I can really own that, where I'm not trying to control the kids' lives in any way, where I'm actually just working at managing my own responses to what's happening, a level of peace comes over me, which then gives me capacity to be able to meet each person in my life with curiosity and create a space that allows them to see themselves in a different way. But when I'm in reaction, and the reaction comes from why me, Why is this happening? This isn't the way it's supposed to be. Life shouldn't be showing up this way. Everything gets really chaotic and messy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, seriously, justting in this experience you're sharing. It's at all these things that happen using your children or children as an example, all these things that are happening that seem like struggle or suffering or pain or at the time, it's it's benevolence because it's it's actually there for the benefit of both you and the kids. It just it's just a matter of seeing it that way.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I can't control whether or not the people in my world see it that way. The only thing I can actually manage is whether or not I choose to see it that way.
Speaker 3: And you know that it makes total sense, and it's it's helped me get clarity on the question you asked me. And you know it's funny when you asked it, I went, I went, I went to think about specific client examples. But that's their experience. As you said, you have your experience. I only have mine, and so I'll certainly answer from my perspective, and again it started for me. It was like, I'm very much someone who I don't know if I thought the world was hostile, but I certainly thought the world needed to be controlled. At the very minimal I thought it was, you know, it was neutral, and that things would only happen that were good in my life if I made it happen. Until I got to a place where my actions of trying to control things didn't work for a well anymore, and I had to get out of my own way and fully surrender. And my first instance of surrender it was to alcoholism and addiction. Nothing i'd do my own power could solve that anymore. So I surrendered to the universe to like, if I just get out of my own way, what will happen? And sure enough, as soon as I did that, everything started to change in that front rapidly and miraculously. And in that place I really started to feel into this idea of surrender to the universe, of being benevolent or just surrendering to the universe in general. I hadn't really thought about whether it was benevolent or not, but I certainly knew what I was doing was going pushing me in the wrong direction. So I went to this place. If I've surrendered here when it comes to this alcoholism, what if I surrender in this place where it comes to relationship. Interestingly enough, things started to get materially better. What if I surrender in terms of career conflict, going through a divorce, proceeding, going through legal troubles. What if I keep surrendering and move to a place of powerlessness in each one of these categories. And sure enough, one by one, with one hundred percent success rate, my life started getting better in ways that I can't explain. It was miraculous. And what I realized that I was doing is by moving to this place of powerlessness, not pushing the river, but going with the flow of the river. It kept taking me to a place of peace, happiness, and enjoy that I didn't know as possible. And that's my experience. Is like, wait, if I just jumped into this river of what I call the universe and stop fighting it, it's been uplent. It's trying to take me to the place i'm I'm yearning for, and all I need to do is stop fighting it. Everywhere I stopped fighting anyone or anything because my problems. I realize we're all of my own making the universe beautiful.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's interesting, you know, you and I talk about this all the time, and it's so much a part of our makeup now. But it's funny to watch us struggle having a conversation about it, because it seems like the thing that would actually flow off of our times most easily. I'm not sure what that's about, but I think it does speak a little bit to this idea of how ineffable this concept really is, and until you experience it, it's really hard to know it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a saying with ineffable concepts, whether it's this one, or it's God or something else, is that someone's experience. You can say two words and they nod with agreement, And there's no number of words that can explain to someone who may not have experienced. And so it's somewhere in the middle with us and our audience about you know, how do we get this concept across for various different levels of experience.
Speaker 2: Can you think of a specific example where we can highlight what we mean by this, even one that's recent for us?
Speaker 3: Mm hm, in our like, do you mean the benevolence of the universe, like specifically or a specific example where stop fighting it.
Speaker 2: Well, it's all the same, right if we believe that we live in a benevolent universe. If you truly adopt that belief system and it becomes the lens through it you see the world, then each experience that you have is an opportunity for you to surrender, and through that surrender, each opportunity is an opportunity for you to step into flow. So in any way that you want to describe it, I mean I can think of a billion.
Speaker 3: But no, go for go for one.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm going to leave names and things out of it because I don't think that that's important. But I had a week, a couple of weeks ago, I I had an opportunity to be able to I've had a conversation with one of our kids repeatedly where a pattern showed up. And that pattern was very much a lens of experiencing the world not as benevolent, but actually experiencing the world through his eyes as was out to get him, never being met fully with what he needed, never having his needs met, and as I was sort of sitting with that, I watched myself wanting to meet all of his needs, to make him feel super loved, to fill a hole that wasn't mine to fill. And I recognized that, and so I sort of stepped back. And as I was in this place of witnessing it, I had an opportunity to go for a walk with somebody very dear to me who's also family in the generation that came before me, and I heard the same kind of conversation going on. There was similar there was a similar story that was being told, and it struck me in really loud way. And then I came home and I recognized that that same story exists in my generation with my siblings. And I sort of sat quietly gobsmacked in recognizing that depending on the lens through which we see the world, our world looks entirely different. We could have three people growing up in the same household, three kids growing up in the same house, and their lens would completely define what they experienced. And I watched as I got to see this movie play itself out in three generations of family before my eyes. And as I watched that, what I recognized was that the learning in it, there's learning in it for each of them. I'm sure that's not my business. The learning in it for me was so profound because what I got from it was I have absolutely no control over the lens through which somebody sees the world. There's nothing I can do about that. The only thing that I can do is choose the lens through which I see the world. And as soon as I got that lesson, something shifted for me in my own nervous system that created a level of calmness and peace and quiet that I'm not sure that I've ever experienced in my lifetime. And it shifted the way that I was able to interact with each of those characters in my world, to be able to meet them in a place of complete calm, so that perhaps their story the lens through which they see the world could potentially also shift. I don't know if I describe that very well. I'm really struggling with my words today.
Speaker 3: Well, it's hard. And then you describe again, as soon as you realize you're in conflict with what is and put your and switch and switch your perspective and put yourself to a place where now you're going with the flow of it all, everything starts to change the way you see it the way you interact all that thing, and that's the that's it's almost as like it it's not. Can't specifically prove the universe is benevolent. All you can say is when I orient myself that way, or you orient yourself that way, it works out. Yeah, that's the closest we can come to touching it. I can just describe what happens when I treat it as it's benevolent. I can't prove it's benevolent, but every time I take the action and align myself that way, my life gets maturely better.
Speaker 2: To summarize that really beautifully. So thanks for finding words for me, And with that, I think we'll take a break and we'll come back.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 3: Collect ourselves here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, parents, do you have questions about navigating the journey of parenthood? Be your influence is the best place to find answers and guidance to help you become the parent you want to be. Focusing on the transformative power of emotions, energy, and empowerment often overlooked yet essential for thriving families, my programs equip both parents and young people to master what they can control. Get your free guide A parent's guide to understanding and addressing bullying at beg Your Influence.
Speaker 7: Dot Cut to Shit. Stop struggling to feel present, stop being taken advantage of express how you feel, and stop making choices based on what other people think. Intuition Unleashed a Revolution in Personal Liberation podcast is your go to resource for combining guidance with mental health and spirituality and solving your questions about why you can't seem to catch a break and find your true happiness. And you can find more episodes at Becknilson dot com. Forward Slash Podcast.
Speaker 2: Tune in to break free and trust a redesign for living with me Jacqueline and.
Speaker 1: Me Chris on Transformation Talk Radio every second and fourth Monday at three pm.
Speaker 2: Learn to connect with your intrinsic power to grow and to heal, and how to laugh at your own humanness and not take life too seriously.
Speaker 1: Witness the field of potential that arises when you take personal responsibility and become the divine creator.
Speaker 3: In your own life.
Speaker 2: Visit the Way he Dash Healing dot com. From our information, Hey everybody, oh my goodness, we have got talk radio for all of that.
Speaker 5: And really thank you for blazing the trail for women in talk radio and just being such an inspiration to me and so many other people. What you're doing is so awesome. And you know, without people like you there to like really step out of the box and go for it, I don't know if someone like me would have ever read it up here, but I'm so happy to be here, and yeah, I just want to thank you for everything you're doing.
Speaker 7: You're one of my major inspirations.
Speaker 2: What if you're training isn't enough.
Speaker 8: The Multicultural Mindset podcast invites counselors and therapists to unlearn the one size fits all approach. This isn't cultural competence. It's a way of being that brings racialized experiences from the margins to the very center of care. Let's stop pathologizing black pain and start challenging the system that created the bar.
Speaker 7: Living alone.
Speaker 6: Parents, Do you have questions?
Speaker 7: Cut the ship, stop.
Speaker 3: Strong, and we're back, Jack, And I was just laughing over the break about how it's like it's challenging to to articulate some of these this type of concept which we freely talk about in our own but there's lots of shortcuts in it. But we're gonna We're gonna soldier on for the second half. Here, I'm gonna I'm gonna shift the direction a little bit. Maybe maybe this will be simpler. I want to name the obvious objection about what we're saying in a benevolent universe. If you look at the news, real suffering, how does anyone hold the medival universe the straight face in the face of that. I mean, that's that's going to be the pushback, and that's the pushback I get all the time.
Speaker 2: We'll see if I can find my words in the second half of this show. I think the way that I would respond to that, and I totally understand the objection, actually, but I would say that what's happening in the world from my perspective, is a really incredible reflection of what's happening within our minds and the warring that's going on inside of all of us, the need to be right, the need to be on top, the ego structures that we work with that are, you know, helping us, helping us stay in survival, not helping us to thrive, but helping us to survive. That's what's being reflected to us in the world outside. And I would suggest that the insanity of the world itself is actually an incredible way to pause. It's asking us to pause and ask ourselves who we want to be and who we choose to be in any moment, in every interaction, because we're seeing a stage play itself out with actors who are only in resistance to what is, who are all working from the perspective of their egos, and as we watch it, what we see is absolute destruction. And so I would say the world is a perfect example, or it's a perfect opportunity to draw us back to center, to ask the question who do I choose to be in every interaction that I have? And I would say it's actually like you know, we've talked before about the soul whispers and then it gets louder, and it gets louder. This is as loud as it gets. Right, We're living in a world that is fraught with disease. Mental health is at all time lows. We're looking at an epidemic of loneliness. All of what's going on in the world for us is simply, from my perspective, an opportunity to call us out. If I focus again out there and what's happening, I'm going to get lost in the news. I'm going to get lost in this idea of this one's right and this one's wrong, this group is right, this group is wrong. But if I watch the news and I recognize how it makes me feel, and I come back to what's happening for me in it, where I'm getting triggered in it, then I actually get to work with that, and I shift my consciousness, and then shifting my consciousness, I then create room for others to do the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's interesting. I was really listening that The word ego really shut up for me. But even before I jump into that, it's almost like I had this thought. It's like, you know, given the news and all that's going on and all these negative things we see, it almost reaffirms my view that the universe is benevolent because despite that, despite that our humanity and everything, creation still pushes forward. It pushes forward in the face of all that, all these forces that seem to be almost in intent on destroying it. Yet it can't. All these all these things that happened, our creation still moves forward in in a beautiful way, object actively. But I think that idea of the universe is benevolent and where souls that are connected to the universe for all one consciousness is the way I see it. The ego is not benevolent. That's something that's clear because our ego we talk about, it's a survival strategy. It's a survival mechanism, and it's predicated on control, it's credit on power. But more importantly, the ego uses ignorance as a survival strategy. It wants to be ignorant. It wants to think it knows everything, it wants to shut out things that doesn't know, and that ignorance is a source of majority of evil in our world right now. And the more ego there is, the more there's people pushing against the river. And fortunately or unfortunately, the people that have taken power or are given the keys to power in our universe are those of the biggest egos, and they're those with the greatest amount of ignorance and lack of understanding of how the universe actually works. So you have this benevolent current with a whole bunch of whole bunch of ignorance pushing against it and making it look like it's not allowing it to flow the way it wants to, but it continues to flow, and of course our own egos get in the way as well, mine included. Where we're watching the news, we're watching these events, and again objectively, it's half a percent of what's actually going on, and we're pulling it up and staring at it, saying, oh my god, look at all the awful things are happening. I look around this room right now, there's nothing awful happening here. Everything's wonderful. Right now. I look outside, Everything's wonderful. This is some psychological fear that I'm making a story of pain about that's happening around the other side of the world. I'm not just saying it's real or not real. I don't actually know. But my lived experience every day, if I'm really objectively truthful about it, is a miracle. It's not bad, it's not suffering, it's benevolent, it's kind.
Speaker 2: So it's interesting hearing something really curious, which is that in listening to the news, in paying attention to social media, in watching the violence that happens when sides are chosen, when there is a right and there is a wrong, and there is a good and there's a bad, what it actually does is totally draw us out of ourselves and it brings us. It brings us to a place where we no longer have access to our intuition, we no longer have access to our inherent power. We get caught up in the chaos of the dramas, and the dramas as I see them, are actually intended to bring us back inside, but instead we are being pulled out side. And you said something on the break, which is it's funny for me that it was you that said it and not me, because it's so much of my world growing up. Is you spoke to nature, right, and you spoke to this idea that if you look outside, or you go into the forest, or you go to the ocean, or you go wherever, nature is still finding a way to move through its cycles, to grow, to prosper, to die, to be reborn, and it's consistent, it's consistently showing us how to operate in this world. You go and you sit with a tree for ten minutes. The tree is not buying into the drama that's happening in the world. The tree is present to the water that is feeding it, to the sunshine that's helping it to grow, and it's not getting caught up in everybody's dramas. That's walking through the forest.
Speaker 3: It's just being I would even say it, Yeah, I wouldn't say it's more than that. If you like, if you go into like, it organizes itself along the lines of what I would call benevolence. If you look at take a close look next time me go into the forest. Look at the trees that have grown on slight angles or slightly crooked to maximize the manici caanopy. And they can only do that because the other trees have already communicated to them where they need to grow to get the sunlight. Watch how the forest floor conspires to create the right amount of networks to connect all the trees and all the fauna in there. Notice how animals create the proper amount of territories that they can all coexist and maximize their survival. This is the evidence of benevolent universe. What gets in the way is the human ego again, and it's not benevolent. It's a survival mechanism that relies in ignorance, which is evil. And that's and that's this piece that becomes our lived reality, pushing us away from all we have to do is let go of it, move to this place of minimizing our ego, not get caught up in the drama, and go with the flow of it all, just like the rest of nature does. And we get pulled so far away from that.
Speaker 2: So, if you come back to your question around how can you say that we live in a benevolent universe when you look at all the cruelty going on in the world, The answer that you actually just spoke really beautifully is that the universe itself is benevolent. The creative intelligence that exists is consistently showing us the benevolence of the universe. What's not benevolent is our need, our drive to survive in such a way that we're operating consistently out of fear rather than surrendering to it.
Speaker 3: It's yes, yeah, and that fear man assessed itself away and control and power and all sorts of different tactics. That's not living in the frequency frequency of the universe, which is a higher frequency of love or peace or whatever you want it to be. But it's not fear. This fear is not benevolence.
Speaker 2: You spoke that really well, Chris, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I appreciate that, But I want to come back to what you said, because you've sort of answered the next questions like what do we do about it? Right, and you and you and you jump the answer it. All you can control is how you relate to the universe, how you perceive the universe. As soon as you try to get everyone else to like get in line with how they're supposed to see it, you're back into the ego, You're back into control, You're back into ignorance, you're going to know all these things. All we really have this locus of control is I'm going to choose to try to align myself with the this frequency of the universe, which is inherently good, and I'm going to move to a place of trusting and allowing.
Speaker 2: And so with that, let's bring up the idea of soul contracts. Yes, I think that that really speaks to what you're talking about so inevitably, and I'm sure many of you on this call have had these experiences of having tough experiences with people that have come into your life. As I said earlier, we really do have. I'm sure there are many options. I'm going to give you the two sort of pools of those options. The people that have come into your life have come into your life to hurt you, or they've come into your life to help serve, to help serve your evolution. And I really hold strongly to this idea that we've created soul contracts prior to coming into this lifetime with people. And whether you believe that or not doesn't really matter. You get to hold whatever belief you want. But I'll tell you where how that plays out in my world. You can try it on for size if it works for you, and if it doesn't, you can let it go. Particularly in tough interactions, I notice that I can move into a place of blame, shame, defend, attack, and when I do that, I totally lose my ground. I'm definitely not a tree that's rooted in the earth. I'm somewhere else, and my reactivity and my nervous system goes into overdrive. But I can also come at things in a very different way. When I meet something that feels painful, where I feel struggle, where I feel like somebody is doing me wrong. In quotations, I can come to a place of the witness and I can observe what's happening inside of me and my thinking in the sensations in my body, and those the thoughts and the sensations themselves are like doors that open up possibility, and those doors, those sensations can actually be an invitation to calm down a little bit, to find a way to breathe, to calm my nervous system, and ask the question, what's actually wanting to happen here? And what I've come to in many different circumstances is this idea that people come into our lives to serve us, to serve our evolution, to help us find our way through our blind spots. And we can either choose to surrender to that and come into what's the lesson in this for me? Or we can start getting involved in everybody's business. And most of us spend our lives getting involved in everybody's business. It doesn't create peace, It creates a tremendous amount of conflict and upset, and it leaves us in a place that's very similar to countries battling, to government's battling. But if in those moments I can assume that this person is actually here for me, we chose to come together in this lifetime to work through this piece of work, and that they're opening a door for me to be able to see where I have a blind spot. Then something entirely different happens. And when I've learned the lesson that I need to learn, the struggle stops.
Speaker 4: And what's left peace Yeah, peace, okay, and actually a capacity to unconditionally lef yes, the person that brought the lesson in the first place. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But what's required of us in those moments is everything, because each of these people that come into our lives gives us an opportunity to face our egos, to see where the ego wants to show up and win a battle.
Speaker 3: I love.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of Rumy's quote, which I will bastardize as I do everything I try and quote. But the idea of there's a there's a place, do you remember it? There's there's beyond. I can't believe my words are really gone today. Beyond the place of right doing and wrongdoing, there's a field ill not you, yeah, and that and that field is the field of creative intelligence. That field is a place that exists beyond the ego. And that field is, without question, in my experience, benevolent yeah, and it's flow and as soon as you enter that space, life changes entirely. But to get there, you have to be willing to die. And what I mean by that is you have to be willing to let the ego die so that what's underneath can fully thrive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you're and everything everything you said in there, like I relate to and the way to describe soul contracts. The mechanics of it get me to the same place, and I relate to it just slightly differently. And it's sort of it's almost where you ended with the field. More so than a sort of this idea of like, you know, we go somewhere, we come back with the contract. Is I more relate to it is that we are just simply one unified field of consciousness, and we're these individuated sparks of consciousness that just our feelings, separated from the whole by the ego structure. But everything is absolutely interrelated and it's just one. There's no separation between the observer and the observed in this there's no actual real separation between me and you right here. It's just a perception issue from our ego. But we're fully connected as we are with every other human being and every other source of consciousness living creature that exists out there. Everything's all happening in unison as it's meant to. There's nothing out of place here. Everything is going exactly as it's being orchestrated by extent by this central creative, benevolent intelligence. And there's only our ego that are trying to create separation, that are locked in fear, that are trying to have a scarcity view that I have to protect myself or take or or I'm going to lose out and someone's going to get something different and not recognizing we're all just one consciousness. And as soon as I'm related to that way and feel into this one consciousness, which is the quantum otherwise known as the quantum field, I can just relax into it. No one's trying to get me. There's nothing bad happening, there's nothing good happening. It's just all happening in a benevolent way. And my only job here, the only thing I need to do is experience it. And the best way to experience that is one without suffering, right, not trying to fight it, but just going with the flow of it. I'm just here to experience life.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: There's nothing more I actually need to do. And any place that I'm suffering or creating anxiety or this is coming up, it's just an opportunity for me to take a closer look at that and dissolve it, which helps me let go of my egostructure so I can just be connected to this one field of benevolent creative intelligence that we call the quantum field.
Speaker 2: That's funny. You know, I'm listening to you speak, and there's a part of me that hears you so completely that my whole body just got really quiet. And so I would say, I know that what you're speaking is absolute truth. And and I'm still wrapping my mind around understanding the quantum field.
Speaker 3: There's a famous Einstein quote, and I think this really is this quote they all got to attribute to them because like all, like all quantum physicists who've seen the field and understand the mechanics of our universe, they know it. They know it's not real. They know we're looking at an illusion. And he goes, he goes, I know, and what did you say? He goes, I know it's an illusion, but it's very convincing and that's the challenge again, I could get hold in and it's not like it's not like I'm walking around in this in this sort of like warm, warm blanket of oneness. It's like I'm reacting and getting thrown off course and getting knocked off the beam fifty thousand times a day. But I'm getting better at coming back to this. Stop stop getting into the drama, this, stop this idea that you're separate, and remember every time you move yourself to a place of powerlessness and just diving into the river and going for it. It works out and little by little, day by day, hour by hour, life just gets a little bit easier and I can reside in that place of peace a little bit longer each day. But it's like it's a lifelong work.
Speaker 2: It absolutely is. But you said something really important there that I want to qualify before we end the show, which is that every moment that we step into struggle and suffering is an opportunity for us to come back to peace. Every moment that we get lost in our suffering and struggle is an invitation to come back to a place of ease. We're not meant to live in that place of struggle, that struggles simply a reminder to come home. But when our focus is so much out there, we think we're meant to control that all were actually being asked to manage is what's happening in here, And choosing peace, choosing ease is the gift that we have in every moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think I think really important thing it's choosing peace is different than comfort. And I think that's the thing a lot of people get tripped off on. Oh I'm trying to orient my life to be comfortable. That's not the same as orienting to peace. Pieces I am at ease and at peace, and I am accepting whatever the circumstances are. I'm at peace with them all the time. I don't need them to be a certain way. As soon as I need something to be a certain way, as soon as there's a good way in a bad way, I am no longer at peace. And so peace is a state of mind. It's a frequency of consciousness where I'm in full acceptance more than full acceptance of what is.
Speaker 2: I'm in full acceptance of what is, and peace actually requires it demands us to be uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's even a better way, beautiful. I got shivers, they're beautiful. Yeah, it's there's a tremendous amount of discomfort and.
Speaker 2: Peace because peace the discomfort comes from being we have to face ourselves. That's where it's not pretty, right, Like, that's where this work is not. There's no bypassing in this work. There's actually facing yourself, like coming face to face with where you're getting in your own way.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And if you're going along and if you're going along with the current of society which is trying, which is leading us to have achievement, possessions, title, all the stuff that is not the road to piece, you're on the wrong path. And that's what makes it so hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because what we're saying is is that in order to be able to go with the flow, you actually have to go against the grain.
Speaker 3: That's really just uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's anything more uncomfortable action.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great place to stop. Okay, I think we've pulled it together in the second half.
Speaker 2: Maybe, but maybe if we take this, maybe we try get mixed up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I meantime, we hope that at least we start some thinking for you and you know how to reach us if you have any questions with everybody You've been listening to me Chris and Me Jacqueline on break Free and Trust are Redesigned for Living.
Speaker 1: Tune in every second and fourth Monday at three pm on Transformation Talk Radio for more real conversations about life, death, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: Learn to connect with your intrinsic power to grow and heal, how to laugh at your own humanness and not take life too seriously.
Speaker 1: Through healthy conversations between the feminine and the mask, you will learn how to harness the power of relationship in the mirror, to befriend your shadow, and to trust that any obstacle that gets in your way is there to help you grow.
Speaker 2: For more information or to connect with us personally, visit the Way Dash Healing dot com. That's the Way Dash Healing dot com.