Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty Wake Up Call with me Amy King on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: KFI and KOSTNHD two Los Angeles, Orange County. It's time for your morning wake up call. Here's Amy Kill.
Speaker 1: Good morning. It's five o'clock. This is your wake up call for Wednesday. Ooh, Someday, October ninth. I'm Amy King. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Happy that you're tuned in, whether it's on KFI AM six forty or on the iHeartRadio App. We're just happy you're here. I'm a little bit heartbroken today, but still wearing my Dodger blue. What a game last night? Oh my god. I stayed up late for it, and then they end up losing and I was like, wait, I stayed up for that. I know that producer and is happy. Padre's are her team. And I gotta tell you that Padres Stadium was rocking last night. They put a lot of different ballparks to shame. Tonight is do or Die for the Dodgers. They're going to be in action again and I'll be cheering them on, will you. We've got lots coming up today. So let's get right to it. Here's what's ahead on wake up call. Hurricane Milton has strengthened again to a category five storm. Sustained winds are at one hundred and sixty five miles per hour as it heads toward the east coast of Florida. The National Hurricane Center has expanded storm surge warnings and hurricane warnings into Georgia. We're going to be talking with ABC's Jim Ryan get the latest from Florida in less than five minutes. People who live on the Palace Verdes Peninsula affected by land movement will get warning waivers and refunds on fees for installing alternative energy sources that include propane, solar, and energy storage systems. The motion was approved by the county Board of Supervisors yesterday, weeks after hundreds of homeowners had their gas and electricity shut off. Kfi's John Cobalt got to talk to former President Trump yesterday ahead of his rally in the Coachella Valley that's happening on Saturday. We're going to play back part of that interview and tell you where you can get tickets if you're interested. KTLA's tech reporter Rich DeMuro is going to tell us about some of the really good Prime Day deals and how you can actually find them. That's coming up at five point twenty and before the top of the hour. The La County Sheriff's Department has some new tools to fight crime. We're going to find out what it is, how they work, and how you might be able to help catch the bad guys. Let's get started with some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. Five people have been killed in the crash of a small plane near the airport on Catalina Island. Officials at the La County Sheriff's Avalon station say they got a nine to one one SOS emergency notification from a cell phone just after eight last night. The wreckage of a twin engine plane was found about a mile away from the airport. The five adults were declared dead at the scene. The Avalon airport known as the Airport in the Sky because of its location at an elevation of more than sixteen hundred feet. Police say the man who stabbed a Santa Monica police officer outside police headquarters had a stolen box of knives from target or had stolen a box of knives from Targets just minutes before the attack. Police say the officer was stabbed late Saturday afternoon. The officer shot and killed the stabber. News brought to you by ruterhroo dot com. Counties in Florida are offering buses to help take people to shelters ahead of Hurricane Milton. Meteorologist Ginger Z says millions of people are under evacuation orders. Think we're going to see a lot of wind damage and also up to eight ten inches of rain could cause inland flash flooding. Some people are insisting on riding out the storm. Milton is expected to make landfall late tonight or early tomorrow near the Tampa Bay area. The area has not had a direct hit from a major storm in one hundred years. A bill to pause California's sixty cent gas tax for a year has been blocked.
Speaker 3: Republican State Senator ros Lisia Ohoa Bogue says her bill was blocked for being outside the scope of the governor's special session on gas prices. The senator says she disagrees. She says addressing gas prices is an important step for lowering the cost of living in California.
Speaker 1: It is too expensive to live in California. This is why we have so many of our young graduates.
Speaker 4: Leaving the state, are newly retired leaving the state.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, bill moving through the special session would require refineries to maintain a minimum supply of fuel to avoid shortages that drive up prices. Blake Trolley kay if I Knews.
Speaker 1: Let's get to ABC's Jim Ryan. Jim Ryan in Florida. Milton had lost a little bit of steam and then regained it, and then we're getting word that maybe it's coming down just a little bit, but still a massive storm.
Speaker 5: It is massive and extremely powerful on right now the it's listed as a category four hurricane. It had been five overnight and into this morning, but still a very very powerful storm two hundred and fifty miles southwest of where I am here at Tampa. The category four winds will start to increase along the west coast of Florida, and then this afternoon, we don't know, you know what the categorization will be at landfall, but suffice it to say the winds will be powerful. The storm surge is really the big concern.
Speaker 4: Amy.
Speaker 5: It's like twelve to fifteen feet of storm surge at the point of landfall, which will either be here in Tampa or maybe a little south around Sarasota.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to ask you about the storm surge because I was thinking about this. So when the storm surge comes, it's because is it because the winds are blowing so quickly in that circular motion that it displaces that water right in the underneath the storm and pushes it out.
Speaker 4: Exactly, That's exactly right.
Speaker 5: It's like it's walking through a puddle, you know, and you create a wake when you step into a puddle in that it pushes the water in every direction. And that's what's happening with this storm and what happens with any storm like this. So the water is shoved, literally shoved, you know, like scooped on land twelve fifteen feet high in some places, and you can imagine. So that's easily inundating a one story home or and doesn't do much good to a two story a three story home either. That's why I think so many people have heated the mornings and gotten out of here. The evacuation orders have been in place for a couple of days, and here in Tampa the streets are essentially vacant because everyone has gone away.
Speaker 1: Well, well, the mayor didn't mince words at all. She said, if you don't leave, you're going to die.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're gonna die. Storm of the Century, And that's accurate, I think, because the last time there was a storm this powerful striking the west coast of Florida was in nineteen twenty one. That was deep into the last century, you know, before my dad was born.
Speaker 6: There's more.
Speaker 5: You know, It's amazing how far back you have to go to figure out how when the last time a storm like this came ashore on the west coast, And so here it comes, and I think people are heating those warnings.
Speaker 1: And think about how one hundred years ago, how much worse it and probably more deadly. It was because we didn't have you know, we couldn't track the storms, we couldn't predict when they were coming, and that kind of stuff. So I bet that people went, oh, this is a really nasty rainstorm, and then it just got worse and worse.
Speaker 5: Well, on top of that, you didn't have way to warn anybody. There's a fantastic book about the Galveston Storm of nineteen hundred and the guy who saw it coming with the weather Service, but he couldn't warn anybody. We didn't have sirens or have the internet or anything. So the poor guy isac storm. Is any of that movement in the name of that book?
Speaker 1: Okay? Hey, So with a ten to fifteen feet of storm surge expected, is there is there anything that residents can do to prepare their homes or do they just have to leave and hope for the ut.
Speaker 5: There when they get back. Yeah, that's kind of it. You know, they've they've done what they could by putting sandbags around the doors, the special the garage doors. They've taped up the windows against the wind, and that's pretty much all you can do. You've seen video aerial video of era areas that have been struck by hurricanes, and the whole house is essentially gone, with one or two that are still standing if it's up on stilts. But beyond that, yeah, there's just not a whole lot you can do but protect your own life and the life of your pets and the stuff that you value.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 1: And now, you, Jim, are in Tampa. You're riding out the storm. There are you in a special location.
Speaker 5: Staying here in downtown Tampa, and we'll see what happens. But I've done this a long time and kind of process and a system that works pretty well in communication that but because if I lose communication, I'm another storm victims stranded here.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, we'll hope that you don't lose communication and that you are safe and we will talk to you again very soon. It's expected to make landfall tonight or tomorrow morning, right, correct.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a wide window right now between nine pm Eastern and maybe one or two o'clock morning.
Speaker 1: All right, Will you stay safe and we'll talk to you soon. All right, thank you, ABC's Jim Ryan. Now, let's go back to some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. Former President Trump says the first thing he wants to do as president, if reelected, is close the border.
Speaker 7: They don't need bills and all the other nonsense they've been talking about. In the meantime, they're flying people into a big jet plane.
Speaker 1: Trump told kfi's John Cobelt Show yesterday the border was secure while he was president, but President Biden and Vice President Harris reversed his policies.
Speaker 7: All they had to do is keep it going the way it was. We had remained in Mexico, we had all things that nobody said you could get.
Speaker 1: He says he thinks the border is a bigger issue than inflation and the economy. Trump will be in southern California on Saturday for a rally in Coachella, California. Democratic Congressman Adam Schiff and former Dodger Steve Garvey have meant for a debate as they run for the Senate seat formerly held by Diane Feinstein. One of the issues they talked about last night was the cost of living and its effect on housing. Garvey said, things have gotten worse in the last four years.
Speaker 8: What's suppressed the people right from the beginning day one of the Biden administration was to shut off energy. When you shut off energy, the rip effect that has went to the living room table to the gas station, the ability to save.
Speaker 1: Shift says building affordable housing would be his first goals.
Speaker 9: I'm supporting a low income housing tax credit that would incentivize the development of hundreds of thousands of new units in California.
Speaker 4: We also have to get.
Speaker 9: Local communities to approve housing much more quickly.
Speaker 1: The debate hosted by ABC seven, was the only one for Shift and Garvey before the election, which is now less than four weeks away. They weren't the only ones debating. La County DA Gascone and challenger Nathan Hackman have argued about crime and policies. During their debate, hosted by KNX News and The La Times. Hawkman says Gascon's record is one of the public safety failures.
Speaker 7: Violent crimes, property crimes, hate crimes, shoplifting, human.
Speaker 10: Trafficking is up either double digits or triple digits since he started.
Speaker 1: Gascone says Hawkman has a dystopian view of the community.
Speaker 11: When you listen to my opponen, you're often listening to code talk for mass incarceration. You're often listening to someone that believes from a very privileged point that he has the answer for the rest of our community.
Speaker 1: A recent poll shows Hakman with a thirty point lead over Gascone. LA's city budget is facing challenges. Just three months into the fiscal year.
Speaker 12: The amount of money allocated to settle lawsuits one hundred million dollars, has already been exhausted. Geltman. Bob Blumenfield, who chairs the budget committee, says LA's reserve fund has also dropped a low four percent of the general budget.
Speaker 4: Which is dangerously low.
Speaker 10: Our reserve fund should be at ten percent, but at the very least at five percent.
Speaker 12: The city council yesterday approved another three million dollars in legal settlements. The city Controller's office is posted to social media saying La is going broke in downtown La. Michael Monks KFI News.
Speaker 1: Israeli officials say their forces have killed the replacement for Hesbelah leader Nassan or Hassan Nozrala. Prime Minister Netanyahu has told the people of Lebanon to revolt against Hesbola.
Speaker 6: You have an opportunity to save Lebanon before it falls into the abyss of a long war that would lead to destruction and suffering like we see in Gaza.
Speaker 1: Ashem Saphadin was widely believed to have succeeded Nozrala after the leader was killed in an Israeli airstrike last month. Quantis is taking some heat over an in flight glitch that left passengers with young kids sitting there watching R rated movies. A technical issue with the entertainment system on the flight from Sydney to Japan meant that people couldn't choose what they watched, so they were stuck watching Daddy Oh with Dakota Johnson and Sean Penn. Crew members turned it off about an hour later. The Flying Kangaroo has apologized to passengers on that flight. Apparently it was a little uncomfortable for a while. The Dodgers are in San Diego for Game four of the National League Division Series after last night six to five heartbreaker of a loss to the Padres. First pitch goes out at six. You can listen to the game on AM five to seventy LA Sports and in HD on the iHeartRadio app keyword AM five to seventy LA Sports powered by Znshi Sushi, Fast Fresh and Easy. Residents and business owners in South LA say homeless people have said at least thirty arson fires in the last thirty days. The fires reported at homeless camps under the one oh five and one ten freeway interchange. The property below freeways belongs to the state, so apparently there's some confusion about who should be policing the area. More than a dozen states, including California, have sued TikTok. The state Attorney's General claimed the app is designed to get young people addicted to it. California Attorney General Rob Bonta says the video sharing app broke consumer protection laws and its parents company has misled the public about how safe it is for kids. Nvidia has past Microsoft to become the world's second most valuable company. The AI firm's stock has rallied this week and reached a market cap of three point one nine trillion dollars. Microsoft is currently valued at three point zero seven trillion, and Vidia is now second only to Apple, which is valued at three point four trillion. At six oh five, It's handle on the news, Gas stations are running out of gas as Hurricane Milton bears down on Florida. Right now, let's say good morning too. The host of Rich on Tech on KFI KTLAS tech reporter Rich DeMuro and Rich, I'm so excited because I have a tech tip for you.
Speaker 4: Oh I want to hear this Amy.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it is I don't know if it's for you, but it's probably for a lot of people who are listening. So, my mom is having issues hearing, so we got her hearing aids and she's still having problems. She goes, I still use the close captioning on the on the TV. And I was like, you know what, how come phones don't have close captioning?
Speaker 12: They do?
Speaker 4: They do?
Speaker 10: They do?
Speaker 1: And I was so excited because I was like, you know what, this wouldn't only help like my mom, but like you know, when you go to a concert and it's super loud, or if you go to a baseball game like the Padres game last night, you can't hear anything because it's so loud, you can just turn on the captioning and the captioning works amazingly.
Speaker 4: Yes, So I guess.
Speaker 1: That was like, that's my tech tip for wake up call this week. You just go into the settings and you go into accessibility and turn on the live captioning and it's amazing.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and they have it for both iPhone and Android, and I would just say, you know, if you have anything that you're dealing with, you know, accessibility wise, just take a look inside those settings on the iPhone and Android because there are so many accessibility settings, Like these phones have gotten really good at helping.
Speaker 4: Folks out no matter what they're dealing with. So check it out.
Speaker 13: That's just one one little thing you can do absolutely Okay.
Speaker 1: So let's talk Amazon Prime Day, because I know there's deals, but how do we find them?
Speaker 13: Yes, so today is the second day of Amazon Prime Day. I think Amazon has actually made it a lot better and easier to find deals, and a lot of things are.
Speaker 4: Seemingly a good deal.
Speaker 13: So if you go to their Amazon Prime, Amazon dot Com slash Prime Big Deal Days, they actually have an easy way to look for these things they've got for you, which is like personalized. If you've got the Lightning deals deals and our twenty five dollars, then they've got this new this year top one hundred deals, which I actually find very useful. So going there right now, the top deal is a Apple Watch se second generation for twenty eight percent off. Let's see what the prices on that one hundred and ninety nine bucks. Pretty good for that, you know, So you can look through those if you're just looking to you know, spend your money. I also like to look at the up at the top where it says by again, this will show you all the stuff that you've purchased in the past on Amazon. And again they make it really easy because they have a banner that's red. So if you look for the big red banner near the price tag, it'll say something like Prime Big Deal, and that'll tell you that something is on sale for Prime Day. So those are my main two ways of finding deals. The other thing is looking the saved items in your cart, and then to check the prices, go to a website like Camelcamelcamel dot com and so once you find something you want to buy, you take the URL of that item, you plug it into the Camel website and then it will tell you the previous lowest price because sometimes these things are on sale, but it's not like the lowest price. You know, it's always on sale, right, So that's a way to fact check.
Speaker 1: Okay, And is it camel like caml or there vowels in there?
Speaker 13: Nope, it's just the same way Camel camel camel, just like you would if you were riding a camel.
Speaker 1: I guess, okay, perfect. I actually have a couple of things that I've got my eye on, so I'm going to do that after I get off the air. I love this how they just come up with new ways to scam you all the time. And this one involves someone emailing a photo of your house to you that we need to watch out for.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and this is the downside side. Note, I don't know if you're getting all these like texts that say like hello, hey, do you want a job? Like all these like yeah, really lame. Oh they're so annoying. But anyway, it's all because our information is out there. And like every time these hackers get like a fresh batch of like good phone numbers and stuff like that Big AT and T hacked a couple of months ago, you know, they use them and they send things out. And the same thing's happening with this new email scam, but they're doing something interesting. So it's a it's a twist on this sextortion scam where they say, hey, we see you at your computer and you're doing bad things and we're going to tell everyone, and you know, just send us, you know, a thousand dollars in bitcoin. This will all go away. I mean, there's so many red flags there. But the thing you need. The thing they're doing that's different is they're including a picture of your house because they've gotten so much information about us, right, not just our phone number, not just our email. Now they have our passwords, they also have our addresses, they have our socials, so they're using this information to kind of piece together better emails that scare us more so. It's it's getting a little bit trickier to like understand what's real and what's fake out there.
Speaker 4: But this one is clearly fake.
Speaker 1: Okay, good dinner, So don't fall for it. You know, I don't. I get stuff, and even when it like comes from my bank, I rarely click through on it. It's like, here, check your credit score, and I'm like, you could be a scam.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, that's smart. I totally appreciate that.
Speaker 13: I actually have a text I got from AT and T that's like, hey, we need to upgrade your equipment. And I'm like, not so fast, what's the scam here? They're like, no, actually, we need to upgrade your equipment.
Speaker 1: So you can always call you reach out to them. Don't just click through.
Speaker 13: Right using the phone number you find on your bill or at the bottom of their website. Do not just search Google because those numbers have been found to be scammy as well.
Speaker 4: Sometimes.
Speaker 1: Okay cool. And then we also you were talking about how all of our information is out there and because everybody's watching and now our TV's are spying on us too.
Speaker 13: Yeah, this is this is something I've known for a long time, but I think it's good to see in print. But the Center for Digital Democracy has a brand new report for many, many pages, and basically the thesis of the report is that our streaming TVs and those streaming TV platforms we all love, the smart TVs are just collecting so.
Speaker 4: Much data on us.
Speaker 13: And so I think that what's interesting about this is that the service providers have loved this transition to streaming and smart because it is so much better than anything they've had before when it comes to data collection and ad targeting. So, for instance, I use YouTube TV, and what they're doing is the ads they show me on YouTube TV are targeted based on my web browsing and the things that I do online. And so that's like a magical thing coming together that we just have never had before. And so this report is basically saying, you know, look, your TV is collecting a lot of information. All these free, ad supported streaming TV services, there's a reason for them. It's because the advertising is so much better these days. It's so much more targeted, and you have to be careful because you know, you have to understand what's going on here. I think is the is the bottom line?
Speaker 1: You know that That reminds me that on some of the streaming services. I don't know which one it is, but it says, hey, did you like this ad or this ad so we can kind of customize to you, And I never answer those questions.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well, that's just helping them. I mean you're literally like being their salesperson. Like you're like they they're going to target them anyway, but you're just helping them.
Speaker 5: And I get it.
Speaker 13: Look, I understand, like if I'm sitting there watching a show and an AD comes up, like, wouldn't I rather that ad be much more geared? Like if I don't have a baby at the time, do I want to a pamper's ad?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 13: It's probably not so I understand, like there is a reason why it does help us, but at the end of the day, it's going to separate us from our heart earned cash.
Speaker 4: The better these ads get, right.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, don't fall for it? Or maybe do maybe find something really great? Maybe I should answer those things, because you know, I don't. I don't particularly like getting the ed ads all the time.
Speaker 4: Oh those are big business. That's embarrassing too.
Speaker 13: You're watching with your kid and I'm like, well, you know any sports stuff that you're watching now, you're just like all the ads are like very interesting to watch with your kids. Now I'm like the old person like when I watch with my parents, I'm like, oh, that's embarrassing. Now it's like the same thing all over again.
Speaker 1: Okay, and YouTube, I think i've noticed this. If I'm not, did they start doing this already? They're removing the countdown?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I see. I pay for the premium, so I didn't notice this. But I've seen this skip button like and it's you know, people love it. They they watch an ad for three seconds and they go, okay, now I can skip it. But YouTube slyly removing that countdown so people don't realize they can skip the ad as much. And of course, what does it do it boost their bottom line. We don't know if this is a new thing. We don't know if this is a permanent thing. It could just be a test, but it's getting reported on Reddit and other places that people are seeing this more and more.
Speaker 4: So just be on the lookout.
Speaker 13: So if you get to YouTube and you're like, oh no, no more unskippable, no more, skippable ads. There's still a way to skip it, it's just not as clear.
Speaker 1: Getting more sneaky about it, all right, Yeah, okay. So for more great tech advice and to find out more about what we've been talking about, be sure to listen to Rich on Tech every Saturday from eleven to two right here on KFI. You can also follow him on Instagram at rich on Tech. His website is rich on Tech dot tv. Kfi's tech Guy, Rich Demiro.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, rich Amy, as always, thank you. Have a great week.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll talk to you soon. Let's get back to some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. Changes in state law have led to the dismissal of gang related murder charges in Orange County because a man was not the actual killer.
Speaker 14: The man was paralyzed in nineteen ninety four for about fifteen years before dying because of the shooting. Lawyer James Crawford says Giovanni and his brother, Irwin Sanchez, and another man had all been convicted of the attempted murder of Scott Zitler, but we're all recharged with murder.
Speaker 9: However, nothing was done by Giovanni Sanchez to directly aid and bete Irwin and killing mister Siler. He didn't encourage Erwin to shoot mister Sitler. He didn't even know there was a god.
Speaker 14: Giovanni Sanchez served eleven years for the attempted murder, but that charge was also invalidated Monday. The shooter remains in prison on a twenty nine year sentence in Orange County. Corbin Carson kf.
Speaker 1: I News, a former school safety officer in Long Beach, has been sentenced to three years in prison for shooting at a car and killing an eighteen year old woman. Eddie Gonzalez, pleaded no contest in August to one count a voluntary manslaughter for the shooting outside Millican High School in twenty twenty one. His murder trial ended months earlier with a deadlocked jury. Manuela Rodriguez was fatally shot while leaving the school after a fight with a teenage girl. Gonzalez claimed at the time that he fired at the car in self defense. Stars Hollow is returning to Warner Brothers for the holidays. The Midwest street on the studio lot will look like it did during the seven seasons of Pelmore Girls to celebrate the show's twenty fifth anniversary. Fans can take photos and walk around famous landmarks like Luke's Diner, Dosi's Market, and the Stars Hollow Gazebo in the middle of the town square. The tour will also feature costumes and props from the show, as well as coffee and treats. The celebration starts in mid December. People trying to fly out of Florida to get away from the hurricane are having to pay up if they can even find a flight. Google flights as airfares out of Orlando to Newark are between five hundred and one thousand dollars. Tickets to Philadelphia are going for close to two thousand dollars. A group of LA School District teachers has sued the state of California and the Public Employee Relations Board, claiming they're being forced to teach anti Semitism. The group says teachers are afraid to push back because they might lose their wages, benefits, or even their jobs, and say teachers who do speak up are harassed on message boards and elsewhere. If the low clouds don't block it, you should be able to see meteors streaking across the night sky in southern California. The Drakonid meteor shower happens this time each year. It started on Sunday and will be visible at night through tomorrow. Night binoculars are not needed to see the meteors as long as the clouds don't roll in. At six oh five, it's handle on the news. Israeli Prime Minister in Natanyahu's's thousands of terrorists have been killed in Israeli airstrikes, including the new leader of Hesbelah at five point fifty. The La County Sheriff's Department has some new tools to catch the bad guys. They're called or it's called a real time watch Center. So we're going to be talking to La County Sheriff's Lieutenant Roman Foss about what the watch center is, how it works, and how you might be able to help. So kfi's John Cobalt got a call from former President Trump yesterday, a really interesting interview. They talked about immigration, his plans for mass deportation if he's reelected. They talked about inflation and how even though it slowed, it's kind of too late because prices are already twenty five percent higher. And who's not feeling the effects of those and every time I go to the grocery store, I'm just stymied. They talked about the hurricane response. He's still saying that FEMA diverted money for disaster relief to pay for illegal immigrants, which FEMA says is false, but they also admitted there has been money spent on illegal immigrants. It just came from another bucket, not from the disaster relief. Of course. He spent a lot of time talking about Kamala Harris and his thoughts and feelings about her. And then John said that Trump must be sick of having people like him ask him all these questions, and Trump said he actually loved it, and then it was sort of like therapy for him to talk about all the issues. They talked about California's water and sanctuary cities and more, and then they talked about Trump's campaign rally this Saturday in southern California.
Speaker 7: I'm going to the valley. We're gonna have a lot of people.
Speaker 10: But yeah, why did you pick Coachella, Because you know, obviously a lot of people in the media think you're nuts, You're You're way behind in California. Why would you waste any time and money coming to Coachella to campaign here.
Speaker 7: Because yeah, because we're going to have I know the state. I also know that this movement make America great again. You know it's a pretty nice term, right Macga, what is it? You know when Biden says we will stop mega, I said, does he knows what it means? It called make America great again? Anyway, we have a lot of support in California, and I felt I owed it to him. I have had so many people. Plus it's a great location. The gentleman that has the land, that owns the land for a long time, he really it's a great piece of land. It's beautiful, great and yeah, he really wanted to do it. He's a great gentleman and he wanted to do it. And we're going to be there. You know, we had one hundred thousand people the other day in Butler in Pennsylvania with Corey the great firefighter who lost his life.
Speaker 10: Are you nervous at all in these huge crowds conserving what's happened.
Speaker 7: Nervous is not a good word, but you know, I watch out, but you know it is what it is. Look, it's a dangerous business being president is a dangerous business. You know, a race car driver one tenth of one percent, don't make it. Bull riders, It's about the same thing. One tenth of one percent presidents, what is it, five or six percent is a dangerous profession. I never thought about it too much before I did it, But you know what, it's an honor to do it. I wouldn't have changed. I had somebody looking over me, because you know, that was a long shot to have made that. It was pretty close distance. People said it was like the equivalent of a one foot putt if you were a golfer. So it made a turn to the right on an immigration chart, that was the chart. You know what I'm talking about, the best immigrant. I had the best immigration numbers in the history, in recorded history. Anyway, We're going to do that, and we're going to do it again, and we'll even have better numbers, and we're going to let people into our country, John, but they're going to come in legally.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you've always been strong on legal immigration.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 10: And that's no.
Speaker 7: We need it. We need people.
Speaker 10: That's what every other country in the world does, all right, So you don't.
Speaker 7: Want murderers, John, you don't want murderers. We don't want drug lords.
Speaker 10: No, no, it's not basic. No prisoners, no fellows.
Speaker 7: Let them have their prisoners please, and we're going to send them all back. You know, the prison population all over the world is way down. They're all here take up the prison population. Yeah, not even it's not even believable. I think I've ruined your day.
Speaker 4: No could this every day.
Speaker 7: It's so crazy.
Speaker 10: And the terrorists too, The terrorists come in.
Speaker 7: So we had zero terrorists in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 4: I don't even believe that.
Speaker 7: But these numbers were done by the border patrol. Twenty nineteen. I was very tough in this. We had zero. They put down zero. I don't know. I doubt that's correct, but you know, I'll take it. The next year we had eleven. Now we have of terrorists coming in from all over the world. It's you know, Congo, the Congo in Africa is now a tremendous supplier of illegal immigrants. They come from the jails of the Congo and they're in our country. The whole thing is not believable. And I'm telling you, nobody asked the question that you. I asked you to myself, Well, why why would they do this.
Speaker 10: That's what I want to know. That's what a lot of people want to know. Why would they do this?
Speaker 7: Maybe maybe they're just crazy.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: I used to say, really, they hate our country, Why.
Speaker 4: Would they do it?
Speaker 7: I asked that question all the time. And you know, our people become immune to it. It's called they became immune to stupidity. Actually, but why would they do it? They're destroying our country and why would they do that? And it's an honor to speak to you, John, And if you could be there, if you could be there, I'd love to say hello, you know, if you could, if you were there. But we're going to have a big deal and it's going to be wild, and I think it'll be usually a very very friendly group of great patriots, like we had this well the other day in Butler, Pennsylvany.
Speaker 10: This Saturday, October twelfth, five o'clock doors open at twelve Calhoun Ranch on Calhoun Street and Coachella and people can go to any of our social media platforms at John Cobelt Radio and you can get two tickets per mobile phone number, first come, first serve.
Speaker 7: Probably meet you'll probably meet a person and get married and happily married for fifty years. Right, there's a.
Speaker 4: Lot of people.
Speaker 7: We call it a mixer because the people are incredible, and a lot of people meet and this They have.
Speaker 4: A good time.
Speaker 7: But it's very important. I'm doing it for a slightly different reasons. I'm doing it to save our country. We have to win this election. November fifth will be the most important day in the history of our country because our country is going very bad and fast.
Speaker 10: All right, mister Trump, thank you for coming on with us, and anytime you need some therapy, we'll be.
Speaker 7: There before you gave me some. I love it. This is better than anybody I could have a think.
Speaker 10: A Hey, cary yourself, John, thank you for coming on. All right, Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: There you can listen to the entire interview because John talked to former President Trump for about a half an hour. It's on the iHeartRadio app the John Cobalt Show. Pretty interesting, and then also on the show you when you listen to that, you can find out how you can get the tickets and stuff. It'll be interesting to see if he gets the crowds in California that he has gotten in other areas. The Manhattan Beach, Food and Wine festival featuring the best chefs in North America is coming to Manhattan Village. It's happening this weekend on Friday and Saturday. Don't miss Southern California's newest, most notable, world class culinary festival. You can get unlimited tastings from top chefs. You can get wine, spirits, cocktails, beer, non alcoholic options, and a whole lot more. Tickets are on sale now. They include the unlimited food and drinks and you can get those tickets at Mbfood and Wine dot com m B Food and Wine dot com. The Manhattan Beach Food and Wine Festival happening this Friday and Saturday. Five people have been killed in a small plane crash on Catalina Island. The twin engine turbopopplane crashed shortly after eight last night. It's not clear if the plane was landing or taking off from Avalon Airport. And Afghanistan citizen living in Oklahoma City has been arrested for allegedly planning an election day terrorist attack. The Justice Department says he admitted he was planning to attack large gatherings of people on election Day and expected to die as a martyr. The Dodgers are in a must win situation headed into tonight's Game four of the National League Division Series. LA lost to the Padres in Game three, six to five last night at Petco Park. San Diego leads the best of five series two games to one. We're just minutes away from handle on the news this morning, Oh rats, a new invasive species of rodent as resurfaced in California. Great, right, now, let's say good morning too. LA County Sheriff's Lieutenant Roman Foss, Good morning, Lieutenant.
Speaker 4: Foss, Good morning man.
Speaker 1: How are you doing good? We wanted to talk to you because you guys have a new tool. It's called a Real Time Watch Center. It just opened at the Lost Hills station in a Gore Hills, and we wanted to talk to you guys to find out what it is, since it's a new way for you guys to help track down the bad guys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so we're really excited about it. We've been working on this probably from about the last year and a half. We have our official ribbon cutting at the end of last month. So basically what that looks like is we had actually built out a center within our station, which includes video monitors on a wall several computers radio communications, but in those computers, basically we're using a web based platform which integrates our computer ated dispatch. Basically the information that our dispatchers type in when they receive a call for service, they type in contact information, any suspect information, the narrative related to the call, and then with that we've also integrated. Now i'll give you come some of the highlights in terms of what's been integrated. So it's the automated licensed plate reading technology that some of our cities have invested in, as well as private automated licensed plate reading technology. And then we're also utilizing public owned public facing cameras that businesses, schools, religious institutions have given us access to.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then because did you not have all of these tools before or they just weren't integrated, and now they're being integrated to help well.
Speaker 6: The cab did. Licensed plate reading technologies been around for some time and actually watch centers have been around probably since early two thousands. With the partnerships that we've developed within the community, we couldn't have done this without them. So a huge part of this involves two major things. There's one website that we've been pushing out through social media as well as community events. It's actually called connect Los Angeles County dot org org. Within that platform, residents specifically can register their home cameras basically virtually register their cameras, which allows us to reach out to them via email. In the situation where there's an incident, for instance, a burger around their house, we can virtually canvas that area via email by sending them a report number associated with the incident, as well as any information we're seeking to discover. They can review their home surveillance footage and upload any video that they believe may be relevant to our investigation. The registration itself does not give us access to their home cameras. It basically allows us to request information from them. The second most critical aspect of this is camera integration. And what we've done is we've integrated approximately you just shy a five hundred public facing cameras with businesses, schools, churches and whatnot. And what that does. They basically allow us to strain their cameras into our center in real time when there's an incident.
Speaker 1: Is this sort of like what CCTV is in Britain, where there's just cameras everywhere, and you're kind of hoping to get that because then you can see the crime scene, you can see cars driving away, you can get their license plates, get descriptions.
Speaker 6: So we're not staring at a wall of monitors surveilling businesses and whatnot. Basically, if there's a call for service, we'll go to those cameras and communicate what we're seeing as debuties are responding. Because debuties are are dealing with you know, they're multitasking with numerous things, traffic, listening to the radio, coordating with their partners over the radio. We don't want to overload them. We don't want to overstimulate them with this information. But the overall goal is to increase their situational awareness, better allocate our resources, and obviously improve our communication. I think one example that I use is we had a robbery within Malibu in which an individuals assaulted for his bicycle. We're able to quickly go to our cameras provide an update to the lasting direction of the suspect. Depties went in a short foot pursuit the suspect. We're able to confirm the identity of that suspect based on the video as well as witness statements, and additionally, it was really positive in the sense were able to recover the victim's bicycle in which the suspect had hidden. No one would have known where the bicycle was without the video surveillance cameras retrieval.
Speaker 1: Okay, And that's why they call it the real time because you can look at stuff as it's happening and right after it's happening, and look at all that information and hopefully get police out to help stop the bad guys.
Speaker 5: Right correct?
Speaker 1: I love that? And are you going to be expanding this or there going to be more of these? Because right now it's at the Agora Hills the Lost Hills station. Are you opening up more or is this one going to kind of do it?
Speaker 6: So within the Sheriff's Department, several other stations are exploring at the potential of expanding this program throughout the county. Ultimately, that'll have to be decision through the share of themself.
Speaker 1: So it's not to spy on people. It's to give you the opportunity to have access to the information that's out there that's going to help you. You're not just like you said, you're not just staring at video screens looking for people to do bad stuff. But when things happen, then you can kind of consolidate all that information at once to paint the picture right correct.
Speaker 6: This entire operation is built on the relationships that we built with the community. All of our anytime cameras are accessed, that information is stored as tracked, and there are audit reports that we can push out if businesses or organizations want to see that. So everything is everything is right to know, need to know basis, gotcha?
Speaker 1: And if you want to sign up and have your camera be available to be used as a potential crime fighting tool in your neighborhood. What's that the address to go to again to register er?
Speaker 6: It's connect los Angeles County dot.
Speaker 1: Org orgy okay, And can they get more information about the Real Time Watch centers there or is there a place for that?
Speaker 6: I'm sorry?
Speaker 1: Is that where they can also get information about the Real Time Watch center and about the program itself.
Speaker 6: I don't know if we put anything up on that yet. Something will be working on in your future.
Speaker 1: All right, awesome, Well thank you for explaining that. I think that you know, it's it's another tool and I think it probably helps people understand and hopefully put them at ease about what you're actually doing. La County Sheriffs Lieutenant Roman Foss talking about the real time watch center at Lost Hills Station and Agra Hills. Thank you so much, Lieutenant.
Speaker 4: Fox, thanks so great there, all right, you two.
Speaker 1: Really interesting stuff. How they're using it so they're not spying on you, but they have the information so they can get like a license plate, and then they use a camera and then any like probably chatter on the on the on their on the communications system, and then they put it all together other and can search out and find the bad guys. Really interesting. This is KFI and kost HD two Los Angeles, Orange County. We lead local live from the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. I'm Amy King. This has been your wake up call, and if you missed any wake up call, you can listen anytime on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to wake Up Call with me Amy King. You can always hear wake Up Call five to six am Monday through Friday on KFI AM six forty and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.