Speaker 1: Wow, Mama, it is Tuesday, September thirty, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the only show hosted by Spartan Dogs talking about Spartan Dogs.
Speaker 3: This is Sparta ask you.
Speaker 2: I'm your host Jason straight Holt, my co host Cedric Servan Irvin want to Oh, that's the most important thing. Today's talk about it. Let's talk about our experience there. You had a great time. I know we have, we have documented proof. Michigan State's home opener. Jonathan Smith, the new head coach of Michigan State's first game, first win. What more can we better over Florida Atlantic sixteen to ten. There was some good plays, some bad players.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go over all that. We got a jam packed show.
Speaker 2: But let's talk about how it was that environment on Friday nights.
Speaker 4: And it was everything I expected in more straight I'm talking about Tail Gayton with the parents, oh Man Sean and the the Mottel slash mayor. Daddy was doing their things on the grill. I even had to go over there and help him out leaving there.
Speaker 3: Man, Yeah, you know I had to help up.
Speaker 4: With the hamburgers, and I was flipping thinking, Man, I had to do it all straight. I just wonder there, just chilling. I had to help out. Okay, yeah, I'm fixing plate, kissing babs. I'm doing everything I gotta do, Slay. I mean, I was having that much. That's how much good time I was having. Then I leave there. Then I get a chance to go over there by block. I mean George Blaha. You know, he got the corporate I would call it the corporate tailgate. He's rapped there in front, you know, the black high slash straight horn tailgate. Before and after Then I got escored it in, like you know, like I felt like I was, you know, one of those rappers or some of the president. I got escored in to the elevator all the way up to the top, which I was telling you people, I ate good for free. I had ice cream, I had popcorn. I had a lobster I had not. I had it all, man, it was a great paston. Then I was on the field waving a former player because I guess they couldn't get on and I couldn't get them on. But you know, as I was walking down, I got a big old.
Speaker 3: Hug from Mama, Mama Hall, Mama Hall.
Speaker 4: Well, show my hug. With Mama holl Man. My ma, Mama Hall gave me one of the malls like she was from Georgia.
Speaker 2: But man, you they just had a picture you on it with got me.
Speaker 3: I'm all lost.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying is want to take a picture with me? People from Florida, Atlanta, Wan. I was just man, and I got looked. I gotta give a shot at my boy Jay a Spartan doll for li like Miami Takeover.
Speaker 3: I'm the only one from from from Miami and they ever went to Michigan State.
Speaker 4: I got my whole shirt baby shout out to Jane Wow.
Speaker 3: Whoa whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 4: But anyway, had a good time, man, Mama Hall gave me one of them hugs like she was from Mississippi. Then on top of that, straight being up there in the sweets watching the game, Man, I saw the whole I saw everything. Man, I'm telling you, Man, I love going to the game with you. Man, look at that, I'm just taking pictures kissing babies.
Speaker 3: Look at it.
Speaker 2: Man. Had Mark Hollinson in the building. I haven't seen him a little while. Men in the hallway, but yeah, up in the sweep man.
Speaker 3: And then I got a chance to meet Oh oh.
Speaker 4: Hey baby, hey.
Speaker 3: Baby, oh man. It was a month of the thing.
Speaker 4: Then you know the thing I've been trying to do man for a long time, and I got a chance to do it was signed the bus. I had an opportunity to sign the sexy model of haird Buss and then she gave me this head to I'm just all spar now, baby, we want to know one thing about it. I don't care what nobody says. It's gonna always be the good, bad, and uggy. You never pologize for a win, and I'm not doing it.
Speaker 3: Damn it.
Speaker 2: No, you better not apologize for a win. Those is hard to come by. I don't care who you're playing against. You line them up. They got scholarship players, just like we have scholarship players, and to get out there and get a win. I don't care if it's ugly a pretty. It's a beautiful thing to me and you because you know how hard it is. But listen, if this is your first time, we want to welcome you to the show. If this is not, we thank you for your loyalty. Let us know where you're watching from, and please don't forget to follow us off all of our social media platforms that this is part of m ask you. I see somebody, wait a minute, you know what. We gotta get Woody his props. He's out there and Wycky keep doing this thing as he always is on the beach. But I see botha time we got done BOTHA tie is in the house, Columbia waiting the head back to the US, still checking the podcast out, Columbia, Columbia. Look at your eyes while your eyes getting like that. That's a great vacation. Yeah, okay, I see that. So look, we got people from Mississippi, and that's what Mama Hall saying some about Missippi.
Speaker 3: I got knocked off. That was no, no.
Speaker 4: She gave me a hug like she was gonna fry catfish. The next the same night, it was one of them hugs. I was like almost milty. I felt like I was like miss like here somebody hugged you. You just like there we go. That was after the math on the first hug, that one like hey, my heart was boom, and then after where it was like, you know what, that's the first time in a long time I exhaled.
Speaker 3: You've been waiting to do so waiting. I just melt.
Speaker 4: Then she hugged me like a mischief chief been fry some fish tonight.
Speaker 2: But I don't understand, Like, how did you get on the field? I mean, wait, you had a picture standing there? You got two coaches. D're Tonio basically passing the short towards over the Jonathan Smith on the field at the same time.
Speaker 3: How are you in that picture? Let me see we can get that one. Not this. That's jabonn Ringer, Darien Harris right here? Come on? Why not they take a picture with me straight in?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 4: Then Tonio gonna tell me, Hey, you get a copy of that? Can you sign it for me? And I want to put it in my office. No, I'm not doing that. You're not letting you have it.
Speaker 3: Now I'm straight. I see you're getting the screen shot it from the show. Yeah you He.
Speaker 4: Never let me do it. You know, I never did the corn flip. I never went out walked out here the people say swerve and or. I never did that when he was coaching. I tried to do it. He ain't let me do it. I say, no, I'm not signing. I'm not signing a pitch. You're upset about that? You know you're holding grudges. I'll see that man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: In order to not hold grudges, you gotta have your ship together. Swerve, gotta have your ship together. Let's spear it from our partners. Over at great Matter Exchange.
Speaker 5: Do you know your ship? You are missing out on a shipload of savings. Most professionals don't know these things. You are entitled to refunds from FedEx, UPS and DHL for delivery and invoice errors. We can negotiate at least twenty percent rate discounts. Our free reports give you new insight into your accounts. There are no out of pocket costs. Let Gray Matter Exchange help you unlock hidden savings and optimize your shipping operations. Get to know your ship.
Speaker 3: Head over to great man Exchange dot com. Did he need to get to know your ship? Ship to know your ship? Don't choke, don't choke.
Speaker 2: Look speaking of good times where we had a great time this weekend after the game, we talked about the party was gonna be on Friday night at the game, but after party was indeed on Saturday when everybody came out.
Speaker 3: Man the stars of the line.
Speaker 2: Everybody came out to McDonald's to support of Marion Smith. You know, his whole family came, you know, his siblings, as you know, his mother, Gayla, lost the battle with cancer just a few weeks ago.
Speaker 3: He's a player on the team. He did not suit up this past weekend.
Speaker 2: He's Sandy will be ready for the game this weekend against Maryland that's on the road. But man, let's talk about how many the outpoint of support that came out to the McDonald's uh for Marion on Saturday afternoon. Swerve talk to it.
Speaker 4: First of all, straight, I never seen that many people in a McDonald's just hanging out like that. There wasn't a field trip, you know usually you know, for Miami, we go to Orlando for Disney World. You're getting them two big busses, greyhound busses full of people, and then you got to stop at McDonald That's how it kind of felt, you know what I mean. I don't know if that McDonald's ever gonna be that crowded again like it was that that Saturday.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So it felt good, but it just didn't feel like McDonald felt like a picnic, you know what I'm saying. People walking around people talking, people fellowship and people laughing. You know, I want to thank that McDonald because I had a free I had two free Sundays.
Speaker 3: I had, uh yeah, I at least twenty seven having McNuggets.
Speaker 4: And I had two double cheeseburger with no onions, no pickles in extra male cut in half. So I had And then we had thirty three cookies. I had to count the cookies. Oh man, that was a lot of cookies. So it was a great time. It was a great time, man. You got you you you really, you really did your thing with that. Putting that together with with the McDonald. God man, we had a great time. And and just to see those players come in and come out, I mean, was it was great man, even though the dog kind of took my shine a little bit, you know, I didn't like that the dog. What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: What Z was not there?
Speaker 4: When did Z come about? When he wasn't established when we was in school, straight, Yeah, he was, he was there. I never see Zke You never paid attention to he was there. When did you see Zu straight in ninety six to ninety nine, ninety he was.
Speaker 2: He was in there doing it after we left the field, right so we come back out. Remember the captains come out center and quarterbacks will come out.
Speaker 3: I've seen him out there running around.
Speaker 4: I've never seen Zeke before.
Speaker 3: Now, welcome, Welcome back to Spartan.
Speaker 4: And then all the kids went to Zeke and I'm standing right there. They just walked past me. I thought I was gonna be hugging babies and taking pictures.
Speaker 3: They go straight to Zeke like I'm not even standing there. No, that's true.
Speaker 2: Zeke is much cutter, and you know, more of a fan favorite than sirch of Curving.
Speaker 3: That's what it is.
Speaker 4: Zeke is cuter than me.
Speaker 3: Crazy.
Speaker 2: Let's take a poll right now, ladies and gentlemen, usq Ltdeck Urban and the wonder dog. Zeke has been around since the late seventies. That's a that's so bad to see that.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: There ain't no way Zeke was different. That same dog was different the seven.
Speaker 3: Come on now, not the same dog you that's the same guy. Oh Zeke.
Speaker 4: Sorry sex you mean said, oh Harry, come on you just Zeke need a whole damn man right right, I mean, I don't even want to talk about Zeke no more.
Speaker 3: See Steve Manning b Zke need to get his ship together. Why you got a personal beach with him? Man?
Speaker 4: God, you should have seen had some girl. The little baby was going straight to Zeke and walking past me. I was pissed off. You get that Ralph Riddle man, and he's a historian. He knows everything about what's going on.
Speaker 3: I never seen z I never. He never did.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. Said, you didn't never. You thought that I don't know. I never left my room. And I'm a mean guy.
Speaker 3: You didn't know Sek existed.
Speaker 2: You didn't know that you had teammates besides like three or four guys on the team that actually were good people. That's not that's not that's not our problem. That's a you problem.
Speaker 4: First of all. Straight, when I was a freshman, you overlooked me. You wasn't and we're gonna talk. Let's talk. You wasn't my friend, You wasn't nice to me. You never introduced yourself to me, and I.
Speaker 3: Went cool enough. You said, what I don't have? I don't have to introduce myself to a freshman. Somebody said, said, is cuter?
Speaker 2: Oh no, come on one, it's one one. You need some common dreams, right, yeah, Okay, mama.
Speaker 4: Just give me that hug again, Mama. When you gave me a hug, I felt so protected. They said, for showing. That's what I'm saying, Steve, and I'm stronger to z. Can you catch the friendsbee like him?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 4: You know what my favorite shirt was, besides this one shout out to Ja.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mama hall mama. Did you see her shirt? Oh? Yeah, him two and one.
Speaker 4: It said Mama Hall ma something my mama, Hall mama or something like that.
Speaker 3: It was I thought it was creator. What what did the shirt say? Mama? I kind of liked this. He was like, you know, like give it back and forth, you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean.
Speaker 3: Good to see Shery Tatum in the house.
Speaker 2: She came to the McDonald's, saw her before the look on the way to their son's Mr.
Speaker 3: Eye Okay, that's what I'm talking. That's what family. Sherry nice too.
Speaker 4: Sherry came up to me and she said that she liked that I call her son if he don't make it in football, can be a model, but he may model like like uh uh, I can see him model like granola bars something like that. Yeah, you know, I just thought of that because I saw, you know, the ball he could be at because he because he he he ain't cute.
Speaker 3: He pretty?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he had his cowboy had over his green suit. You know that's one thing too. I had the same suit for two years. Everybody did that. It's nobody that had two or three different suits. Waight Am I telling the truth?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: I had to one for two years? Did you ever get it clean? No? That thing was wrinkled up, man, in the back of my shirt was so black for I. Man, I remember, it wasn't no cleaner. Nobody wasn't going no.
Speaker 2: Bathroom and turn the shower on just to try to get the wrinkles out of the thing.
Speaker 3: Man, Nobody was going to no cleaners back then. Man, we had everybody had one super for two straight years, two straight Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey man, listen, you have some great interviews. A lot of people are there. Let's check out the interview that you had with Jordan Hawk if we can pull it up, producer Shine.
Speaker 3: You know what some people paycheck need to be taken away? Man, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. What's going on? Oh?
Speaker 2: Now with the flint value, you can't hear nothing, can you hear it?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 3: I did never see.
Speaker 4: I never I don't know how he never he never did the spark walk with us, He never let us out on the field, and he never came to pregame me. I never seen Zeke get practice or none of that. You should keep that on you yourself, because I mean, you was not there.
Speaker 2: The CTE has blocked out Zeke somehow because he was there, He was absolutely there.
Speaker 3: Who said that? Who said?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: So you mean to tell me Zeke came to one eye practice trad? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, he adn't come. I mean he might have been there one time. I was sitting there. No, I'm not going with that. What's going on with the volume?
Speaker 3: We are?
Speaker 2: We having issues in the back. We can't hear it. He just want to be you know, we want to be able to hear this for everybody.
Speaker 4: Well, if anything, I want to give a shot to miss share in their family. Man speed recovery for for for the model you know twenty one man, that's that's a who's who started off real good in that game. Man, and I ended up with a m CL. But I've been there before. I had m C L A c L PCL all in the same need.
Speaker 3: Damn yeah.
Speaker 4: And people like, oh you walked or you woke like it with a lip. I said, Nah, it ain't no pimp. This is number five on the field, but number one in mama whole hearts.
Speaker 3: I got the main man here. What's going on? Don Hey, how you feeling after the game? Feel good? Tough? Got it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: How you feeling about to play the first game of the season. Uh, it's still some things you gotta work on though, but overall ended all right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for y'all to know, I got these number five glasses products.
Speaker 3: You know, that's what we do. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: So so on the like this, man, I know you you're here to support your brother, your teammate.
Speaker 3: You know, Uh, how's he been like? Uh, you know when he's gone around, he's been highest spirit. He's gonna get motivation for us, uh with the team. You know, whenever he see him, our energy kind of goes up a little bit.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: We know he's going through a tough time right now with him and the staty, so being able to see him and the times that we just good to see him bring from for the film.
Speaker 4: Okay, Uh, just on the football standpoint, man, which I said on the show a few weeks back, because I got this special drone. You know, I got some shit that nobody ain't got. So I feel my drune all the way from Tampa, you know, to East Landsy And I saw when he was working on your past rush and this and this, and I saw like on curved down they head you got on the edge.
Speaker 3: How do you like that? I like it a lot. I'm still kind of getting comfortable with it. I've worked there. I worked in a little bit last year, a little bit more this year, but I mean I like it and allows him to play a little bit more free.
Speaker 4: So it's still on the field mad a little you know. Uh, use use that talent that you man so he uh. I want a big Mac with extra sauce, extra chills, cut an half and three nuggets, and then I won't just this three nuggets. Don't want the cod give me three nuggets and then let them know. I want a Sunday with nuts and sprinkles. And they give me a coat with two ice c not three, just two?
Speaker 2: All right, you got two ice cues, right, extra sauce, there you go, three nuggets three, don't want.
Speaker 3: No one for it? Just three? And then uh with no right coke with no no two ice alright, man, appreciate you good, great retention. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean that was like a combine interview right there with the general managers. They have some whole bunch of stuff with the talk talk and he regurgitated smoking like a great football player.
Speaker 3: And you know what he will.
Speaker 4: He well groomed and well raised. The only thing about it I lit two ice cues. He brought back five ice cues. Oh man, But that he didn't fix it. He had to give the order. But you know, it's crazy to have gave it back. Nick Marsh was back there doing the orders.
Speaker 2: I think I said, we saw Nick back there making burgers and then working in the drive through.
Speaker 3: I don't know. We have video that we will show that a little later.
Speaker 2: On, but that that was the sight to see a lot of guys came out, you know, Nick Marsh. And then obviously Dylan couldn't make it because of the injury. You know, like we said, thoughts and press with him. We had a chance to speak with him yesterday. You know, just look, it's gonna be a minor setback for a big comeback for him. He's ready to take the challenge on and get to the rehab and get back on that field wearing the green and white. Coming to you soon. But when you look at other players that were able to come, you know, Aiden Childs was there, the man that was under controls, that had his first chance to start as a quarterback in college football. This is what he had to say when we caught up with him at McDonald's.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know, hey, listen by love of that.
Speaker 4: Right now, we're here with the with the with the man, my guy that I told you guys many times on the show.
Speaker 3: You feel like you're the best and the big ted And I.
Speaker 4: Think so too, Like you know, we got it. We got our feet wet, you know in the season, like I tell people, you know, it's really your first year starting season all. You know a lot of people just you know, they.
Speaker 3: Watching the buck that they see you move around. You look like a back.
Speaker 4: You know, we want to play so many snaps last year. But now you know we got the keys to the to the what you got a building?
Speaker 3: I know you got something. You know you look good. I gotta okay, you know that that's the way it should be.
Speaker 6: Got you getting smart, hitting me on the box on my hand. You gonna die here. Wow, I got the car dealership.
Speaker 2: Okay, like, oh I felt man, your first game is sports c I mean in the stadium, it felt great.
Speaker 3: You know you been there. I mean everybody says energy was great. You know I didn't play how you wanted to, but you know it was cool.
Speaker 2: Calay, we're talking about you got you scored the first touchdown? This was there, you know you it was about fourteen yarder right, he was back there, you know, scamping into the end zone.
Speaker 3: Like, what did that feel like? Crossing the Hey? There felt good. One do it a few more times, but you know, yeah, it felt good. I mean first time getting the end zone, you know, first time they were started as well.
Speaker 2: I mean cans you're playing, you know, so to me for quarterbacks like I'll look for because you guys don't get hit.
Speaker 3: You better not hit the squarterback in practice. But being able to take those hits.
Speaker 2: Live and not too after it, right, Like, what did it feel like getting your first live action the season?
Speaker 3: I know you had some from last year, but.
Speaker 2: Now with the moone it proved by because way long than that way when I seen the guns popper, you know, how did it feel when you start taking those black hits?
Speaker 3: I feel good. I mean, you know, adrenaline, get that, that's why you look good. I felt I mean it felt good. I mean I just felt good being back.
Speaker 7: You know you didn't feel everyday until after the game is for Yeah, but I mean I'm feeling I can't get put it up.
Speaker 3: You feel like right now it's twenty four hours not even quite twenty four hours after. I mean I'm a little bite. I got hit a little bit, but it is what it is football when they come back next week. You got seem like there was a series where you guys ran a lot, You ran the ball a lot, then towards him.
Speaker 2: I mean, man, you could sip in the ball with accuracy going down the field after a lot of run plays?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is it about that? And that gets you?
Speaker 2: Does that seam to get you in this wall? Off the rhythm and you're in the action and then being able to throw off of the run.
Speaker 3: I mean I wouldn't saying like a certain thing getting to my ringle. I mean they're playing football. Is playing football.
Speaker 7: I mean I mean playing sounds little so I know the game goes, you get into a rhythm, You get into a rhythm.
Speaker 3: It's however, they however, they play calls end up working out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: All I gotta say is we gotta work on the end zone day because I don't know if he was ready for it, because I didn't like, you know, I can probably get you a four out of ten.
Speaker 3: Man, say like you want ready? You know I need the cabin pat, I need South.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. You mean listening because you gotta be. But you won the UH the national championship and under eighteen tennis. He got invited to the US on for it.
Speaker 3: But it's two though. You know it's child. I got a little boat, you know, a little bit more smag swag about it. You know what I mean. It's a killing when he's doing that. He's real quick. But that's what I'm saying. You gotta work on two point seven seconds. You'll be real quick. You know, I'm tired of seeing this ship here and all this.
Speaker 4: Give me something next week because I know we were gonna need you in the end zone a couple of times next week.
Speaker 3: You know you know what I mean. I mean, I already here and now we don't do the selling. I already had too much and I was like this going that's my all right, Hey, that'sting up next week. Let's keep it going. Go to Maryland East, coach, you know, so let's kick dance next week.
Speaker 2: All right, man, Thanks for coming out though, and support to Mario, this family and the event right here, that's what's really important. Talk about that with the FO rallying behind me, and it's time to need either though. I know you'll probably be better off sitting at home when somebody's watching the game right now, just relaxing. We're here supporting your brother.
Speaker 7: It's just amazing how much support we have for this guy. And I mean we really support him throughout everything. And I mean we went to went to all these things, everything we got to get talk about talk to him.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 7: We really can't say too much for him, like you know, we're just we're here for him, and it's just amazing how much everybody shot up for him.
Speaker 3: It's such a great way.
Speaker 4: It's such a big way that before you leave, I need seven nuggets, right Uh, no, barbecue, cull, honey mustard.
Speaker 3: You know what, I think I'm gonna get a fixed fish sound your tea. I don't.
Speaker 4: Know what get this one of the best quarterbacks in the country right now, can tell them you're gonna go home and come.
Speaker 3: Back and pay for it.
Speaker 4: But I mean the fish sound with the seven nuggets, not ten. I want seven, and then I want a fruit punch.
Speaker 3: With three ice cubes. All right, that's all. That's all.
Speaker 2: No, uh aid and childs. Everybody joined. This is probably my shoes. Look, why why is everybody everybody's gotta buy you something?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 3: If they say if you give, it's better to give than received, why don't you take that advice?
Speaker 4: No? No, I was the one that was receiving because I was around guys that they had a lot to give.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, yeah, that's all. That's all.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I didn't make it to thirty three happy meal.
Speaker 4: I think I only bought like sixteen with you know, I had actually a little you know, seventy plus.
Speaker 3: Seventeen times. I think a happy meal is like six dollars and twenty two cents.
Speaker 4: So I had all them are yah. I gave the rest to them, you know what I mean? But I hate I'm not going to ask for what back right now. I'm not gonna bring that up again.
Speaker 3: You know, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm learning, I'm getting better. That's all we ask Just improve it, just one percent better every day. That's all you can ask for. Lots of people in attendance that you talked about Harriet and was saying, you know, hey, baby, Braven was in attendance.
Speaker 3: I mean it was just a name a few people.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: We had pictures and lots of video.
Speaker 2: There are more videos and interviews on our YouTube channel of the people who did join us and sat down and said, now a lot of just one on ones. What said you want to catch that on This is why LSU on YouTube check out some of those other interviews said, Raven bought some uh you know, she came in.
Speaker 4: She came in and bought like, I want to say, thirty thirty some of the McDonald's gift cards.
Speaker 3: And then she was acting for a rubber band. No no, no, I said, a baby. That mean Raven, there we go. See that's in her hand right there. Trustee. Yeah, she had like thirty or forty. She just came in and just bought them.
Speaker 4: I said, right then and there when I saw that, say, either want her job or I hope my son get to do with herssel.
Speaker 3: Doing with no problem. She didn't even she didn't need to count.
Speaker 2: Straight man that just for this for some elementary school students, you know about that man trying to get up with the principals and help out all counts people in the community and supporting John Campbell, who's the new owner of the restaurant and McDonald's locally in Lands and there's two more stores that he just bought locally in Lance.
Speaker 3: We're going to talk about those.
Speaker 2: In the weeks ahead as we're we're doing some we're doing somewhere behind the scenes with McDonald's overall.
Speaker 3: So we'll just say it. Keep it right there. Yeah, I'm loving it. But we also have to love those free stacks.
Speaker 2: And we got if you were at the game on Friday, you knew that you would have had free stacks because we got three sacks. We're gonna break down the game against Florida Atlanta. Got to these message from our friends over at.
Speaker 3: I Hop.
Speaker 4: Sacks five dollars all you can eat pancakes or back at eye Hop for unlimited time or free with select Humbo purchase only at ihop.
Speaker 3: Swerve. It is time to talk a little football.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: You know we talked this is custody on this show the Tuesday after the game, we talked about the game. We have to talk about what happened in the game before. But then on Thursday we talked about the game ahead, predictions and all. And we haven't forgotten about the predictions when said and I and Corey Robinson two four seven had our predictions.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about those later.
Speaker 2: I think we were all in unison on this one, and all three of us said, wins across the board.
Speaker 3: We were right on that.
Speaker 2: But with Florida Atlantic, Let's break down the performance from Michigan State in Spartan Stadium in the first game sixty one New Faces. Let's pull up the film here, swear, let's look at Let's get right into it here. Do we have the film ready? I think this is the first play of the Jonathan Smith offensive era. After three and out got back for throw it hits you hit Monk Tory in the hands. Let's go back.
Speaker 4: But remember remember if you go back now, remember I've told you about this special drone and I say, it's gonna be a lot of figuring his own rolling out and quarterback got the option to run it or throw it, but this time he decided to throw across his body across the field, which you know here throwing it back across the field one hand touch. You want to receive it, to catch it with the first touch, but he didn't good coverage.
Speaker 3: I thought the guy was out of bounds.
Speaker 2: But hey, they called it. They called it for f a U. Yeah, totally out of bounds. I don't know what that was all about. So you know here, you know another so that's the same play there, So that that opens it up in you know, it's still zero zero. Uh, I don't know what we have here. Let's see where we are. Let's roll, you know, mister Saints on defense, it's.
Speaker 4: Gonna if we can go back, you know, let me let me do a little explain it. To to the to the to the Mayy's to the to the mama, well, mama Hall no football. Mary probably everybody probably know football. But if you go back, what that defense was doing all night on that on that Friday night, they was closing the pocket. You know, on offense, you want to get the quarterback a pocket where he can step in and feel like he can be there all day. But that defense was closing the pocket, bringing pressure. They was playing on the other side of the ball the whole night. Right, we're talking about Michigan State on defense. Here, let's see if the producer can catch up. Here we talking about this play right here, go back, go back.
Speaker 3: We'll be coming around the mountain when we come there, we go. Yeah, that pocket closed.
Speaker 4: He can't.
Speaker 3: He wanted to sit in there all day. He couldn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chris Bogo had a monster game when you look at his stats and he was playing in the backfield the entire night. I mean they only had five tackles, three solos, one and a half sacks and two and to have tackles for lost. And there's one right here, uh a sacked by Chris Bogel. The former transferred from Florida, but he's been in mister state. Now, this is a think his third season looks like he's playing some of his best football.
Speaker 3: Right now here you go, what's the noise? We got my tape of football right here TOAs right, got the got the garden black that up back, that up. Let's see that one more time. We got the we got the center and the gup tackle pull. It was out there rolling.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed, Nate Carter, you know what I mean, he couldn't help, but get a lot of yards on that one man.
Speaker 3: See all the big bodies up the number seventy one.
Speaker 2: I would like to see Nate be a little bit more patient right there that you see said. You wouldn't have you wouldn't out ran me right there. You would have said, hold on, go ahead and get that vie. You want me to take this? Yeah, right, I'll delivered the blow and then you cut off of that.
Speaker 4: Right, but you got to get a line as they kudos on that because he didn't even get touched until eleven yards down the field.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, you like that.
Speaker 2: Always like to keep the running backs and quarterbacks clean as possible. Let's see what we got. Keep it going.
Speaker 3: So this this is early in the game.
Speaker 2: You know, now, boo, nice strike to Lante Brown, you know who was injured during the game. That's the guy that we need to get back on the field because he is also very important in the kicking return game. The same play over again. Let's see you know the next play if we could with all right, so this is where the game was at zero. Now departs up two to nothing because the Kwan douts four said this is a transfer out of Georgia tech.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I can we get back to that. We'll see that pocket one more time.
Speaker 4: That's what I was saying. They closed in the pocket. The only problem I had with did stray is afterwards. I would love for Big ninety four with a pull up his shirt and rub his belly. Why right here, he get up now rub the belly. Oh, that would have been sexty. We can't get penalty though we had too many personal files. Can't get up sports with lights two point seven second, that's all you got, real quick, hold up his shirt and rub the belly real quick.
Speaker 3: Boom, that's it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now he's not at least another one. H My toy lays out for that. Just a little too flat on that one, right, I mean, what, but you.
Speaker 4: Got to expect that kid to make those type of plays if he gonna be the big time player that he's he capable of being.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Let's not hold it back. You know what I mean because if you talked to his dad, his dad got the most comforting in his son. And I love it because I'm the same way with my son, and that would have been me. I would have told my son you should have talked that fucking ball. If you don't pick that ball, boom woom boom, because he that type of player, the big time player to stretch, to stretch the field and make those type of players, those are supposed to players.
Speaker 3: That we need to. Look where we catch that ball. Look where we are? We inside the inside the red zone, baby.
Speaker 2: All day long. Let's see that one more time. Really advanced it, but he gonna make those ditches. Yeah, we're back here. Okay, we're trying to get this uh that you know, we got trying to producers, trying to get this right back there for the rewins. But hey, so anyway, moving on, back on offense. Michigan State's got the ball up to to nothing at this point, and you know it's just there was a battle between the running backs and you saw this all night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what a pickup? What a bliz pickup?
Speaker 1: Five?
Speaker 2: Whoa whoa?
Speaker 3: That's how you punch him in his mouth and making is mama phil it Wow, let's go back on that.
Speaker 4: Look look at you gotta look at the little things. He was patient enough right right now. You gotta you gotta, you gotta mic in. You got a mic and a Sam Blitz coming here right, Sam is right there, the mic is right here in the middle where exactly.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's the Sam like this to Mike and over here.
Speaker 4: We're gonna call this the wheel because on the digital side, it's gonna be a strong left on offensive.
Speaker 3: Strong right mm hmm. So he go to Sam.
Speaker 4: Boom, we wait away, he waited, boom, he picked up a defensive end. Whoah, he had a long run. But those type of plays right there, whoa, that's how you wan to.
Speaker 3: I love it, I love it.
Speaker 7: I love Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that's Nick marsh right there. If I'm not mistaken on that. Comeback. We gotta get him more involved in the game. We got to you got to get eleven yards. I don't.
Speaker 2: And then he was just kind of faded out of the game plan for a while. Don't know exactly what that was about. Let's keep it going. Here's fourth and two. It's rough, rough on fourth down calls. I thought this was a great pass and catch all night long.
Speaker 4: Come on, hen, run what are you stopping for? Just run to the first down. What are you stopping for? You don't have agility like that. Just get the damn first down. He's sounding like me in the booth on the air. That's exactly what I was saying. You just can't stop, brother.
Speaker 2: That's big Michael Masson's to catch twenty nine yards. You know that was as long right there. Let's let's keep it rolling right here. A lot of good things we can see, but that right there, you know, the backside, that's that backside end that you don't account for. You're not blocking them, but they always seem to make the play nowadays. This is the play to that backside defensive end. And seen that unblocked. They're just too athletic now, you know. I mean those guys run four to six are lower now they can make this play tackle for loss. It's not in the blocking scheme. Another one of of the rollouts like to talk about. This is the soonest again. This is actually his long pass catch right there. This's the twenty two yarder. Let's see if we can get do we have some some plays like you know, like we were looking for where Aiden got his first touchdown.
Speaker 3: And the thing about this too, I mean, kind of get everything together here. I think this is it third and three in the red zone. It was a call run.
Speaker 2: It was a call quarterback draw. You see the Nate Carter go up there and get that block on the linebacker.
Speaker 4: You look, he had time for a celebration dance right there, and he didn't do it.
Speaker 3: That was terrible. Look terrible. Look you just terror little watch so you want to Okay, So we got to critique the touchdown.
Speaker 2: Boom you gotta or maybe somebody miss make two people miss three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you love for that that that that center to make that angle block on that linebacker. But when you got a guy like that that had that been blessed with those type of legs and agilities and hips and vision and the one step and get up north and south and did a terrible celebration in the end zone.
Speaker 3: But we'll take you, baby. That's the first touchdown of the season. Whoa of the Jonathan spid there, quite honestly, So let's keep it moving here.
Speaker 2: You got there was a lot of pressure and then Angelo Gros comes up with the interception. I mean there was two interceptions on the knife of Michigan State, him and Nikai Martinez. You know, I mean, look the safeties, there was a lot of attrition in the secondary. Obviously, Dylan Tatum going down in the ball game, Angelo gross Is, you know, didn't didn't. There was not a lot of rotation happening after this play, but after after Dyland left the game.
Speaker 3: But let's see where where are we at play wise? I don't know what this is here? Another this is a big run.
Speaker 2: And when what can you say about kye ron Lynch Adams nine years?
Speaker 4: You know, you give him old all the credit, you know, you give them the thumbs up. But every running back would love to run the ball like that. He didn't get touched, period. So that means those five guys or six guys if it was tight end, that did a hell of a job where they dominate their op point to the point that they running back didn't get touched. For a damn that's sixty to fifty whatever it was, y'all run those was That's the explosive run that I was talking about when we was talking about the offense. When you do that, it helps your offense and it motivates your defense to go out there and get a three in out. So hell of a job to the offensive line, and hell of a job for fifteen for hitting it and exploding and getting an end zone, terrible end zone. Thence these guys are terrible with the celebration. I'm gonna make a tape straight and I'm gonna send it to them in the DM and just give them a little bit of this, a little bit of that so they can work on you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go back to this play right here. Back back it up, back it up to the beginning. Okay, so let's posit. Let's see it. Okay, go back to the pre snap.
Speaker 4: It looks like it's counter. You got you got a guard pulling, you got a tight end puller. Everybody else is gonna block down. The seventy one is gonna go straight down the line. He gonna kick the end out. The tight end is coming around for this linebacker and the backside linebacker on overflow because the floor is going that way, and fifteen set it up and hit it nice.
Speaker 3: He don't even get touch it all the center.
Speaker 2: Look at the center, Look at Look at Tannemiller in the middle of the transfer out of Oregon State.
Speaker 3: Right, no blow, blow right there. Watch his block. He's blocking back. He stays with this guy. He washes him. See that.
Speaker 4: He treated him like a little baby too, told him to get his hands over it.
Speaker 3: I love it. Treat him like a baby.
Speaker 2: That's textbook right there. You know, that's stuff that people don't talk about. But that's that's that's what running backs like. That's when you see him breakthrough like that. That's why that's what the big uglies do down there. Swear, that's what they do.
Speaker 3: I love it. Hey, Ron, welcome to the Big ten.
Speaker 8: Heyy out of you mask? Yeah y'all, y'all, first game, y'all shore little ugly not to you cute? You cute?
Speaker 2: Oh the big ugly? Yeah yeah, yeah, I got you more more swarming to the ball right there.
Speaker 4: Oh man, defense was lights out, man. Sometimes you know, defense gotta set the tempo.
Speaker 3: Man, Oh man, that was.
Speaker 4: I was so glad that they they they they hit hit him one time and let him know if you're gonna slide, you better slide before you get to the contact.
Speaker 3: Because now this Michigan State, baby.
Speaker 2: I know our culch the STAD would never say this, but you know, back in our day, if if somebody was sliding like that, you want to tell the guys what like, if he gonna do that, make sure you're gonna get a penalty for it. Take him out the game. I know that's not something that we can say nowadays because it's not right. And I know that's somebody's son. We don't want him to be hurt permanently, but just for the rest of the game. No, no, no, speak for yourself. I'm gonna see it. Take his ads out of the game. It's a physical game. Punch him in his mouth so we can get the backup in and we can do the same thing to.
Speaker 3: Him that part. Oh, nice cutback run by Florida Atlantic.
Speaker 2: There. You know they're gonna make players too. Look, this is the first game. You gotta figure that out gap soundness on the backside. You know the gaps were they were way way too big on the backside.
Speaker 8: There.
Speaker 3: Oh, we had the blitz. He overran the blitz. Don't overrun the blitz. Play with your eyes. Line back up what you're talking about there, Go back to that.
Speaker 4: Ah, we had a great blitz call. But if he if he played football, why would I run past the quarterback? Watch him on the left side. The left side linebacker is gonna come all the way on this side to this side right here, and he and he's he's gonna overrun the play. But if he hitting the gap and play with his eyes.
Speaker 3: He got a sack, play coming coming.
Speaker 4: Look at that got Yes, right there, you have punched him in the mouth. Play with your eyes. The defensive end took, took the end outside. Nobody with a block. Here you go to my MVP, my m VP of the game from sitting up there in the suites and the v I P.
Speaker 3: That's a rap song. Ain't sitting in the suite? Send the VI P.
Speaker 2: Oh Man, Yeah, you're gonna call that every time. You gotta get your head around on that one. Let's see what we got.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 2: This point in the game, I don't know what the score is right here, I can't really tell. But you know, Michigan State had some, you know, some some tight moments in the ball game. There's no doubt about it. Here there six personal foul calls I believe it was. I mean, a lot of late hits targeting they got Maliks Spencer was thrown out of the game early in the ball game, so a lot to overcome. Twelve penalties it was one hundred and forty yards were called against the Spartans. So there were a lot of things that Michigan State can clean up from that aspect, but also swear that's a lot to work through and be able to still come out on to Look at that hit right there. Look at that hit. Let's rewind that one. That that's a that right there, that's a Sunday hit.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's that The defense set in the Temple, man, they played lights out defense all night. They was physical, They was flying around, you know, and it tastes that. It tastes that, you know, whenever the defense, whenever the offensive week, defense got to be strong.
Speaker 3: Special teams gotta be strong his all three phases of the game. And with that they give what we had to do.
Speaker 2: Who Yeah, see this is the special things that Aidan Childs can do. Be able to escape like that and still make a positive play. Oh yeah, I'm sure he felt that. That's what he was talking about. The bruises right there, but that would have been a major loss of yards in a sack and he ends up getting almost to a first down. Very very good by him. Defense again, swarming to the football, had a very very good game. And they had the quarterback from Florida Atlanta Camp Fancer. Look, man, he was he was having he was seeing ghosts by the end.
Speaker 3: Of the game.
Speaker 4: Where he use your feet where to stop stop on the way to get north and south. Instead of losing yards, we gained the yards.
Speaker 2: Well, that was good by Nate Carter right there being able to get positive yards. Nice block by Duley there on the backside.
Speaker 4: And it's another thing with the nay caught a situation in fifteen. All right, let's not just called start yelling for fifteen. Nate Carter did what he did. Fifteen did what he was supposed to do because the hole was wide open and he hit it. If you really analyze the game like I did from the VIP suits, like I was sitting majority of the time that five got the ball, he had somebody in his face, so he had to make somebody miss or whatever it was. So let's not say, hey, let's put fifteen.
Speaker 3: In over five.
Speaker 4: Those guys did a hell of a job and both blizz pick up and finishing the runs and making the big plays that we did.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna run both on them to depth. Yeah, this is this is not glad the football anymore. You don't have one running back and running for forty carries. That's just not the way that we've gotten smarter since Lorenzo Whites and what they did with Jaban Ringer not doing that anymore.
Speaker 3: So it's good to have a good one two punch, you know. And they compliment each other. So here we go.
Speaker 2: Here, I think this is when the game gets to about was this sixteen to ten at this point? Yeah, there we go, Monty making them play there.
Speaker 3: Not much there.
Speaker 2: I'd like to see Nate Carter open his eyes and jump cut that one to the outside.
Speaker 3: Of the block.
Speaker 2: He's got a little bit more patient as he approaches his blocks. Allowed them to develop sweve work with him.
Speaker 3: Hey look at that. That's nice.
Speaker 2: That's nice right there by k Rod very nice picking up positive yards I think with about eleven yards on that one, I'm carry Here we go again.
Speaker 3: That's the way you finish the run.
Speaker 4: But all once again, a hell of a job by the offensive line of blowing those guys off the ball. He got underneath the depensive end, broke an arm tackle and had explosive run twelve yards. Ah, that's not as cplosive run as anything over fifteen.
Speaker 3: But that was a good run.
Speaker 4: Need better, the need to go back watch the right tackle. We gotta get better because when we play the Organs of the world. We play those guys at Ohio State. Those guys are trying to go first round. We cannot have this from our right tackle. We gotta be firm and we gotta punch him in and we got to be the hammer not the nail.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta be in a better position and use your hands, use that inside sta end that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you can't. You can't be catching guys.
Speaker 2: Now, this is the play right there. I think this is the fourth down play. Let's stop, let's go back. It's sixteen to ten right here, it's fourth and one. It's a chip shot sixteenth. You kick the field goal, you're up two scores, you know, game, set, match, right, we go for it and you obviously run to play. We miss it, you know, I think that was this nineteen personnel, nineteen tight ends in the game, run to play, and yeah, just got blown up, blown up. So now you're giving that other team a chance. But it's luckily, you know, the defense played their asses off. And you're talking about Florida Atlantic. You said it again, like you just talked about said, if you're talking about the Big ten, you can't. You can't afford to do this. Jonathan Smith did respond to this. He was asked the question. He said, we had to do that over again, I would not I kicked the field goal. So just showing people where it's at and why. Yeah, Josh, don't be political. Just say you want to set the tempo. You want to motivate your team. You want to say, hey, let's buy down and get the one yard. Damn it, that's all. Don't say if you're gonna do it again. I like to play call shit, let's buy it. Ain't have the coaches back there with that's one yard. You can't get one yard.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be a trump joy Lion fans don't like that either. No more.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear the shit shit don't work. Man, kick the damn field goal. Man, take the points and run off the field and win the ball game. We're trying to be a hero.
Speaker 3: You don't have to be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but when you're roll on the podium, yeah, but threat when your offense is struggling like they were, what the coach is thinking is is fourth and one. We're gonna get this. We inside the team, We're gonna get this first down. That's what he's thinking, let's give us a momental, let's score a third down. I don't want, no, I won't seven. But then he's not wrong because your defensive playing lights out. That that team couldn't go ninety yards on us? So why not take the team? He happened to be right.
Speaker 2: But if they do, it's a lot of tight stinkers in that stadium, said, if you kick it, nobody cares. Okay, that's where I'm coming from. Why take the chance? You ever seen casino? Hey, why take the chains?
Speaker 3: Okay? Nah? That that that ain't come on regular TV. I ain't grew up with cable. Yeah it came on regular TV.
Speaker 2: Look at defense, he's coming through and clutch moments like this, like you said, collapse in the pocket, the only Russian three and having a spy.
Speaker 3: Look at number two they come with that pressure.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: They got Jordan Hall back there as that spy. You see that right there, see five reading his eyes.
Speaker 3: And that Martinez kid.
Speaker 4: You don't get a name like that in Michigan, you know what I mean, the Midwest, the Chicago area, this and that. You get that name in Florida. In Florida, he gotta be from Florida. You know what I'm saying. He got us to pick. You know, he's playing with a purpose and he looked a good man. But my teenagers, you only get that name from down south in Florida. That boy gotta be from Florida.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you seef transfer.
Speaker 2: Nick Kayle Martinez had a monster game, said, I mean, look overall, you saw a lot of there's some good there's some bad things. But you know, always better to watch a film and correct mistakes with a W in that column over there, right, you got a one and a win Colin baby, And that's what it in Misigan State is one.
Speaker 3: And oh, let's talk about players of the game every week.
Speaker 2: Said, now gonna pick offensive defensive players of the game before we get up out of here, said, for your offensive player of the.
Speaker 3: Week, who did you choose? I gotta go with the running back fifteen. He did what he had to do. The whole line opened up, the he made the right red.
Speaker 4: He had enough speed to have the explosive runs to help the offense out where we were one player and.
Speaker 3: We was out baby.
Speaker 4: And then on top of that, he made some other nice runs within a ten yard run, a nice fourteen yard run to get over one hundred yards one five. Baby, I'm glad you went the Spartans.
Speaker 2: You're talking about k run Lynch Adams, that's his name, don't forget it. But for me, I'm gonna go with the guy who made that touchdown in sixty three yard touchdown possible.
Speaker 3: Tanne Miller. The center had a great game. You know, he's got playing with a total new.
Speaker 2: Player players on the offensive line and in a new environment, and he played well. Okay, he helped the running back, So yeah, sometimes the lineman need love too, sir.
Speaker 3: You know you choose a running back? How much? All right? So say that? So every week I gotta choose runner, but you gonna choose a center. No no, every week? No no, no, no, no, not happen every week.
Speaker 2: But you know this is the opening, just the inaugural players of the week, But this is Spartan mass shoe.
Speaker 4: Defensively, who you got ooh, I'm going with number two. First of all, he had his jersey up like this and then he had it.
Speaker 3: He looked it so good. Number two. He brought pressure.
Speaker 4: He had sacks to the point if you saw towards the end of the game that had the double, so they was looking for him because he was just that dominant. So I'm gonna go with number two. But at the end of the day, he could have went to anybody on the defense. Defense controlled the game, They made plays, and they brought it all night. But if I had to pick, like I do, I'm gonna go with number two.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean, look, I like what the game that Angelo Gross had, but you gotta keep it I got. I'm giving it to the Kai my team as man that boy transferred for a guy who had never worn the green and white, comes in with a mons game, six tackles, five for him solo in a pick.
Speaker 3: That's huge for a gutten. Hey, he lived up to it.
Speaker 2: I know he's got the saying that says twenty one, but Dylan Tatum's left the twenty one. So they gave him number one jersey. So you know, if you're wearing the number one jersey, you gotta perform, and he did that. So player the game goals, Ni Kayle Martinez for me on the defensive side of the balls.
Speaker 3: Any final thoughts before we get out of here, Hey.
Speaker 4: Want to know, want to know it wasn't pretty. You know the thing I like though every kid that came to McDonald's they acknowledged that defense played lights out offense, gonna get it together, but it's a team game. To hear those young guys say that, man made me stick my chest out even more because I already had it out because it's just be out sometimes already straight. But you know it's gonna be tough next week. But hey, start off one and oh I'll take it. Let's seeking what we can do on the road. And just keep your phone on you, by you while you're in the boot because I I you know, you gotta control me sometimes because I'll be yelling the shit and all.
Speaker 3: So I just I just need you sometimes. I know you're gonna be working. Fact I got you back. Always shout out.
Speaker 4: To the spots man to start off one, to know first and first victory for the new head coach and the staff, and let's keep.
Speaker 2: It going absolutely for the whole staff that's Jonathan Smith and the coordinators Brian Lyndren and obviously Joe Rossi from Minnesota. I see Steve Manny, I'm responding to that. Yeah, we got to give those boys some love because he called one hell of a game. I like the defense. I love what I'm seeing there, you know. And look, got a big game coming up this week on the road to Maryland. We got Mike Reese is gonna be joining us. The whole Dog, one of the original Junkyard Dog. It's gonna be on here, you know. I good Night's gonna join.
Speaker 3: This is Sparta.
Speaker 2: We're gonna break down what's gonna happen in the game on the road, but we think it's gonna happen against Maryland coming up on Saturday, but until Thursday. For Central Gervan, I'm Jason Straehorn. This is part of MSU. Everybody, have a good night, God bless you, and go Green, Go Awhi.