Speaker 1: Welcome Just hand Away Tagalog Sermon Podcast, your daily dose of inspiring from heartfelt tagalog.
Speaker 2: Sermons from different factors and speakers all over the Philippines.
Speaker 1: We hope that this podcast finds you in good shape. And now here's your message.
Speaker 3: You're listening to a message from Victory. We hope it inspires you to honor God and make disciples in your community.
Speaker 2: This week, we'll be looking at a song that was written by most probably you know this guy, Zechariah. All right, Zechariah, as you would remember, this is more of a rica for all of us that he is a priest, an old priest who have been.
Speaker 1: Faithfully serving God.
Speaker 2: In fact, if you read Zechariah, he's really an ordinary, an ordinary guy who have been serving God through the years. But what makes him different in a sad way is that even if he has been serving God through the years. To Mandana Shanghaka Goda, imagine that maybe for some of us who were thinking that Lord, I've been faithful through the years, but the twenty eighteen, but the blessing that I've been crying out for, maybe it's not a child, maybe it's something else.
Speaker 1: Lord doesn't the Lord, will you bless me. Will you be with me? Lord, I've been faithful.
Speaker 2: And then all of a sudden, as we all know, the Angel Gabriel appeared, the same angel that appeared to Mary, and told Zachariah and his wife Elizabeth, who as we know, is a relative of Mary, said Zachariah, Elizabeth, you will have a son. Remember that it's in the Old Testament, similar to Abraham and his wife Sarah when he had the son, even though in their old age. And that's the start of my confidant, guess what I'm about to do, something new, and you, Zachariah and Elizabeth will have a son. He's gonna be it's going to be John the Baptist, the last prophet before the the great Prophet comes Jesus, and he's.
Speaker 1: Going to prepare the way of the Lord. You're gonna have a son.
Speaker 2: And we all know how Zechariah responded, right he men, Lord, Amen. You know that's not how he responded. He responded with doubts. He was doubtful. Look and what was the consequence of his doubt. He was silenced for probably nine months. Imagine my own since Zakariah for nine months.
Speaker 1: Can't help but thinking married Chila n.
Speaker 2: Then after that, when the son was born, John, when he held it, held him to his arms. In his arms, he was able to speak once again, and he was able to write this beautiful song most probably known as Benedictus in his original language and its Greek. It's just one long Greek song. But now we're going to read it, and you're going to see something amazing.
Speaker 1: It's so packed.
Speaker 2: That's read from Luke one, verses sixty seven to sixty eight. It says, here and his father Zachariah was filled with the Holy Spirit and prophesied, saying, Blessed be the Lord God of Israel.
Speaker 1: For he has visited and redeemed his people well.
Speaker 2: His verse the very first word blessed in Latin natum Benedictus, the very first thing that that Zechariah rather did.
Speaker 1: When he was able to speak, when he was able to write.
Speaker 2: After see his son, John was declared that God is blessed, Blessed be the Lord God.
Speaker 1: He was worshiping God.
Speaker 2: He was worshiping God with what he has experience in his life. You know, what, come to think of it, what can we offer God? Can we offer him our riches? He's richer than us. He owns everything. Can we offer him our achievements? He doesn't need it, He has achieved infinitely more than us. Can we offer him our success? He's more successful than us. Can we offer him our good works? And as we know, our good works are like filthy ragsibah? So what can we offer God he doesn't already have. But here's something amazing. We can't bless God. We can bless him in the sense that Lord, I thank you.
Speaker 1: We can thank God.
Speaker 2: Imagine that we get to give something to God, and that's us blessing him, thanking him, acknowledging what he has done.
Speaker 1: And that's what Zechariah did. The very first line is saying God, thank you, Blessed be the Lord God.
Speaker 2: And then afterwards it's being followed by two small words that most probably did not Inita for he preposition prepositions, did not in not appreciate it.
Speaker 1: But when I was studying this, I was amazed.
Speaker 2: These two words can also be translated because blessed be the Lord God of Israel, because Lord, I worship you. Because you know what the sad part is, especially with worship. You know when we come here every Sundays, you get the sing songs. That's just one aspect of worship. Everything is worship, from giving to serving and aill. But sometimes the weakly grind of worship strips us of the essence of worship. Isn't it true that we we we can experience or we can have a more meaningful worship and we not only know the person, but we know what he does and what he did to us.
Speaker 1: Mis Gig religion, Alan worship, worship, worship.
Speaker 2: Every Sunday. But for Zaca Riot it's different. Blessed be the Lord God, because.
Speaker 1: There's a meaning behind it.
Speaker 2: You know what the sad part in our society right now, especially for the younger generation, is that God is separated. God is just a concept, a subject, especially ku among religious schools Tiba religion, math science, see God, Pank religion, James God. Well that's just a math. Well that's just a science. God is just in a day Sunday one and.
Speaker 1: A half hour. Well that's just a school. Go well, that's just a business. Go well, that's just a family. Got family or church.
Speaker 2: And has a sad part. God is not just a concept. God is not just isolated in a subject. The same God who is here in religion is the same God of math and science. The same God who was present.
Speaker 1: To our gent, to our.
Speaker 2: Grandfather's mothers, fathers, is the same God is present today. And God is not just an idea or a concept. It's different from knowing someone to experiencing someone. And that's what Zacharai experienced. Imagine know God for the longest time.
Speaker 1: He's a priest, he's.
Speaker 2: Been serving God to man, but it all changed when he experienced God, because it's all knowledge until he experienced God. And my prayer is for this generation, for all of us here, that we don't just know God here it's important, of course, but we experience Him in our lives, that he's not just a concept. He's not just an idea. He's not just a subject. He's not isolated to one nation, he's not isolated to one generation. But God is a God who is active. God is a God who acts.
Speaker 1: He's on the move, He's doing something. In the Potamadzi Lord.
Speaker 2: In fact, in the next couple of verses, you would see eight verbs action words in almost every verse.
Speaker 1: What does it show? What does it communicate?
Speaker 2: That God is on the move, that God is a God who acts, what's the two the first two verses of the first two verbs, rather that God used for this Oneito blessed be the Lord God of Israel, for he has visited.
Speaker 1: And redeem these people.
Speaker 2: The first two verbs or action words that we could see are the verbs visited and redeem.
Speaker 1: Now Bacina be going visit or visited? Isn't it true? The first thing that comes to our mind our visitors? What long you hear? You love having visitors in your house? Right and maybe for some.
Speaker 2: Of you you find joy that maybe you know because you get to talk to someone. And especially in this Christmas, do you have relatives who are staying with you?
Speaker 1: Tva, you host them.
Speaker 2: Christmas and it's a joy for us. They will come, they will stay here for a while, and then they will eventually leave.
Speaker 1: May besitazabay because we're very hospitable people. Sububan dessert.
Speaker 2: First, you know, one day, one week, month, but imagine having a guest for one year. Now he'll pick kind and the reaction at what happened to sert we don't want that because we know a visitor is someone who comes, stays here for a while and then leaves. And the problem with that When we read that verse, maybe we're thinking God comes here, stays here for a while, and he'll leave.
Speaker 1: But that's not what the verse actually really means.
Speaker 2: If you unpack it, the more appropriate meaning is that visited means someone who is looking after because he's concerned with oneself. Or a more appropriate description is having gathered and made ready the things necessary for a journey. See the sayyadito, not try your bown family. Not out of town or out of the country right, So out of town, out of countryhang full production. I mean the GISTI and all and with my wife and I when we go out from time to time for out of town.
Speaker 1: Or go home to our home in Mariquina and her family.
Speaker 2: I am the one who usually packs first, So same bag, So put all my things, I will put my wife's clothes. I would put uh the things needed me Jedi. I would put Jedda in the bag. And then afterwards, I would say, you know what my wife, because she's a responsible wife, would do. She would revisit the things I would pack. You would visit the things that your husband packed and really anti mosquito repellent. And then she would see and she would look at the details of the bag, and she's concerned about it because it's something personal that she would use and we would use in our journey as a family.
Speaker 1: You know what's something interesting.
Speaker 2: When God visited look at the details of men, looked at the status of mankind.
Speaker 1: You know what he saw. He saw the need for redemption.
Speaker 2: He saw the sins the way that's down, He saw the need of a savior.
Speaker 1: You see the big.
Speaker 2: Problems that we have right now in the world, Poverty, lack of education, war, disunity, terrorism, climate change, and all those things are legitimate problem. But if you look at its very core, it's sin. Sin destroys our relationship with God. Sin destroys our relationship with people. Sin destroys our relationship with God's creation. Sin destroys and separates. And when God saw that, he saw the need to pay the penalty for our See, since that's why it says they're redeemed. The word redemption means God paid the penalty for our sins through Jesus Christ, so that we could live a free life, no longer under the slavery of sin, but under the freedom of the price that Jesus Christ is paid. So Lord, when he visited, he saw that the need to be redeemed, and then let's continue the verse. Avidito Verses sixty eight sixty nine. Less it be the Lord God of Israel, for he has visited and redeemed the people and has raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant.
Speaker 1: David.
Speaker 2: You phrase now horn of salvation is another way of saying the Messiah. Now a horn of an ox looks something like this. The horn that the ox has it he it uses it to defend oneself against any predators, and at the same time it uses these horns to attack. What is God saying here, sa Verso he has raised up a horn of salvation. God has raised up the Messiah. We could run to him as our defender. We could run to him as our warrior.
Speaker 1: Who would fight for us.
Speaker 2: A new application astin do you need someone to fight for you? Do you need defending? Before we even tap our connections, let me encourage you.
Speaker 1: God has raised up the Messia. We can run to him as our defender. We can run to him as our warrior, and he will fight for us.
Speaker 2: And the Bible says, okay, that we are more than conquerors through him.
Speaker 1: If God is for us who.
Speaker 2: Could be against us. He has raised up a horn of salvation. He could be our defender, he could be our warrior, and we are victorious in him. Look at the other verses seventeen to seventy two, as he spoke by the mouth of his holy prophets from of old, that we should be saved from our enemies and from the hand of all who hate us. To show the mercy promise to our fathers and to remember his holy covenant. At the very heart of God's redemption was his mercy. Can you tyrnity diem case?
Speaker 1: That is a mercy.
Speaker 2: Mercy is God's goodness for those people in distress. When he looked at the condition of mankind, he saw scram a.
Speaker 1: The sin is going to destroy them.
Speaker 2: Their sin is going to separate them from a relationship with Me.
Speaker 1: And because of his mercy.
Speaker 2: He chose to redeem us. And that's what God's mercy is. God's mercy is always meant to bring us to repentance. And Lord wowin goodness for those who are in distress. That's God's mercy in our lives. And then look at this action words or verbs almost every.
Speaker 1: Verse Maron.
Speaker 2: As he spoke by the mouth of his holy prophets from of old, that we should be saved from our enemies and from the hand of all will hate us. To show the mercy promise to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant, the oath that he swore to our father Abraham, to grant us that we, being delivered from the hand of our enemies, might serve him without fear.
Speaker 1: What can we see here? God spoke, God promised, God remembered.
Speaker 2: And then God acted. Question my word bussy guid the binni gay seo. Maybe through your quiet time, through your victory group prayer and fasting my word dong nigay slor my promise, bussy God satin. It's a family, natin's business.
Speaker 1: It's a school. Let me encourage you with this.
Speaker 2: If God said something, if God promised something, he will remember it and he will fulfill it at his own time, in his own ways, in accordance to his will. That's what we can see here. Not only that, what else? And we notice most of the verses are in the past, tense, redeemed, visited, delivered, spoke.
Speaker 1: That's hard.
Speaker 2: Zacharai here was saying, Lord, thank you for the redemption that we already have.
Speaker 1: Thank you for delivering us. Thank you for raising up the horn of salvation. Someone who will fight for us, someone who will be our defender, Lord Salamata.
Speaker 2: You know why that is interesting? Remember because when Zachariah wrote this down, they were still under the Roman Empire. The whole nation is still being abused, the whole nation are still being enslaved.
Speaker 1: What does it mean?
Speaker 2: Zechariah was making a declaration in a past tense. It's as if already God did it, But in reality it's not. Lord, thank you for redeeming us, redeem they're under the Roman Empire. In fact, mammatizes Zakara magrestoxy Jesus.
Speaker 1: Lord, thank you for delivering us.
Speaker 2: Deliver in fact, couple of chapters after there's going to be a census and babies are gonna get killed.
Speaker 1: What delivered? And you know what for some of us here? And let me tell this, even me versus, this is hard.
Speaker 2: When we declare things that are not as if they are, when we declare things that are already done, when in fact the situation in front of us says otherwise. Lord, thank you for providing for us, providing Look at you what's in front of you, Uda Bayaren eighteen papers the paylists. Lord, thank you for reconciling my family, reconcile you just had a fight last time.
Speaker 1: Lord, thank you for healing me healing And that's that's why it's hard.
Speaker 2: And I think it's hard also for Zachariah. Remember he doubted the first time the angel showed up.
Speaker 1: But what made but what was different?
Speaker 2: What made him not just see what's in front of him but focus on God. It's in the first verse that we read, and his father Zachariah was filled with the Holy Spirit and prophesied kuntay Lampo. Would you agree, it's so natural and easy for us to look at the problems, It's so natural and easy for us to look at the reality. But let me tell you this, when the Holy Spirit comes and fills us up, he changes our perspective. We don't disregard what's in front of us, but we take into account what God said He do the spotlight and the Holy Spirit shifts from the problems to God. And my prayer is for me and my family and from all for all of us here this Christmas, Lord, I pray that we will be filled with the spirit, so that we may have a change in our perspective, that we can declare things that are not as if they are.
Speaker 1: That's why we can go to the campus.
Speaker 2: If you're a student, Napaka, when you go there, you see immorality, you see the the rise of unbelief. You can declare, Lord, thank you, because leaders are coming.
Speaker 1: From this campus.
Speaker 2: That's why when when there's there's there's a problem in our family, through the grace of God and by being filled by the Spirit, we can declare, Lord, thank you for providing for us. Lord, thank you for healing me. Lord, thank you for going ahead of me, for fighting for me.
Speaker 1: Again. It's hard. That's why we need to ask God fill me with the spirit. Lord. I need it. I need that it's going to be a change in my perspective.
Speaker 2: But got the next couple of verses seventy four to seventy five. It says here that we, being delivered from the hand of our enemies, might serve Him without fear, in holiness and righteousness before him all our days. The result of mercy and redemption is not a license for us to sin, but rather to serve Him without fear and live a holy and righteous life, Na's.
Speaker 1: Tiny God lip a macasala.
Speaker 2: But to use our life for His glory and to use our lives in holiness and redemption.
Speaker 1: Let me encourage for some of us here.
Speaker 2: Maybe for some of us here, we're just afraid of being a part of what God is doing. A joomunagmaging under discipleship, and for whatever reasons, mahmasiras is go besita. Let me encourage you in view of His mercy and redemption, Serve Him without fear.
Speaker 1: Serve Him without fear. For some of us here, Christmasah, there's a sin, there's an issue. Let me encourage you.
Speaker 2: Maybe this season is a time that we align ourselves to God and say, Lord, enough of this. I want to live a holy and righteous life. Serve Him without fear.
Speaker 1: Let me read the last couple of verses.
Speaker 2: He says in verses seventy six to seventy nine, And you child, for the longest time, the majority of the verses, we're all focused on God. Now it shifts to his son, and even this he needed, it's still about God. It's still it's about the next generation and how they can be a part of what God is doing. And you child will be called the prophet of the Most High. You will go before the Lord to prepare his ways, to give knowledge of salvation to his people and the forgiveness of their sins because of the tender mercy of our God. Whereby the sunrise shall visit us from one high to give light to those who sit in darkness, in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace. That's John the Baptist's rule. He is the last prophet. He will prepare the way of the Lord. He will preach the message. And that message is the same message that you and I are still preaching today.
Speaker 1: What's the message about.
Speaker 2: Forgiveness of sins, the tender mercy of God, the light coming through, breaking in the breaking through the darkness, the light guiding us, the light giving us peace. Same message, and that's what we have right now. That's what we are being reminded.
Speaker 1: Of every Christmas.
Speaker 2: The message that was declared, forgiveness of sins, the mercies of God, the light that guides the peace that we have.
Speaker 1: But while I was studying.
Speaker 2: These verses, I came to see two words that just made me sad.
Speaker 1: It's the words sit in. Look at the verse.
Speaker 2: The sunrise by the way, your sunrise is another symbol for the coming of the Messiah. The sunrise shall visit us from one high to give light to those who sit in darkness. The words sit in can still be if you study in its original language. Can also be translated as Duell's tagalog to mambai, not settel.
Speaker 1: And here's the sad part.
Speaker 2: God came with the forgiveness of our sins in his tender mercy, guiding us light breaking through. But there are people who chose to sit in darkness, dwell in darkness to.
Speaker 1: Mumbaness the darkness.
Speaker 2: In the Bible, if you study the word light, it usually means God's presence, God's goodness, God's holiness, God's truth. And of course, oppositely or on the other hand, darkness is ungodliness, immorality.
Speaker 1: Falsehood, evil.
Speaker 2: Look at here, the light shines through the darkness. But there are people who sit in darkness. Who says, Lord, worship along you give up.
Speaker 1: Bagle.
Speaker 2: When God is saying I'm going to break through your life, in your family and your company, in your campus, there.
Speaker 1: May be some of us here who choose who chooses to sit in renato damanna, that's sad.
Speaker 2: The effect of that, if you choose to stay in darkness, will produce death.
Speaker 1: It may not be physical death, but definitely it will be spiritual death.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a death of God's destiny for us, our purpose, and for some of us here. Maybe you're here and there isn't any peace here matula problem. And yes, maybe you need the rest, Yes, maybe you need a medication or two appropriately, But let me propose to you, maybe you also need.
Speaker 1: The light of the Gospel of God to shine in our hearts. Look at the verse.
Speaker 2: He gives light to guide our feet in the way of peace.
Speaker 1: Light shining through that's God's will. God wants us not to settle in darkness. God wants us not to.
Speaker 2: Stay here and will and say, Lord, Tamanato masayana, when the light has already shone through our darkness, giving us a path to peace, forgiving our sea since through his tender mercy, let me end with this declaration. I want to say, this redemption is here. God's light has already shown. God is breaking through the darkness of our hearts. God's extending his hand of tender mercy to us. You see the song of Zachariah is about God's tender mercy and how it has brought us to redemption, freeing us from since giving light.
Speaker 1: To our dark hearts. Redemption is here.
Speaker 2: God broke through, Light has come, Hope has erupted. God's calling has come. Step into the light.
Speaker 1: Don't sit in, don't dwell Welcome to Mumbai. Step in. As I end, this good news doesn't stop with us. Here's a good news this Christmas. You and I can become a John to someone else.
Speaker 2: You and I that next reunion, that next Christmas party that you would host for your company. You and I can become a John and prepare the way of the Lord for someone else.
Speaker 1: To guide them to the light that leads to peace. My prayer is the hatio detO.
Speaker 2: We will utilize this time to be a John to some else as well. The same way that we have experienced the light that comes from God is the same way that we will declare His light to those people still sitting.
Speaker 1: In dwelling in darkness. Spelled our heads and let's spray Lord, thank you for today. Lord.
Speaker 2: I pray right now that you would open our hearts. There may be for some of us here who lives in thick darkness. I just feel like, right now, some of us we have you know, we have done something a sin.
Speaker 1: And let me propose to you. Wouldn't you want now, not in Delia next year? Would you agree?
Speaker 2: Let's settle it now, Let's leave it at twenty seventeen so we can enter twenty eighteen with a new light. That's what I want to pray for. Let's all about our heads and spray. Lord, I pray for that. For some of us here, maybe God is convicting you of sin you've done against him, primarily but also to someone else.
Speaker 1: Can we deal to Can we deal that sin to God? First? Say Lord, I'm sorry for this sin. Lord, I'm sorry for name that sin. To God. Lord, I'm sorry for this sin. Lord.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry for sitting in darkness, for dwelling in darkness. I believe right now, for some of us here, God is saying to you, my daughter, my son, you have dwelt in darkness for the longest time. I am shining my light upon you. Masakret means, and that's big long lily blinding us. And maybe because of that you are afraid to step forward further. And we've got is saying no, no, just stay leaves and you will see that it's much better here. Peace is here, forgiveness of sins is here, and ending love is available.
Speaker 1: Lord. I pray Door, we give up our sins. Lord.
Speaker 2: I know we're not perfect in our own will never be, but you are perfect. God. Help us serve you without fear, walk in holiness and righteousness.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening to this message. For more messages like these from other Victory Centers, please visit Victory dot org, dot pH, Slash resources, Slash Podcasts.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening.
Speaker 3: We hope that you enjoyed today's episode.
Speaker 1: Don't forget to share and subscribe to this podcast for more. God bless you all