Speaker 1: Something you should go Something you should know is brought to you by genesisgoldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan. I'm the gold Standard. Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide at Genesis goold ir dot com. Excited to have a guest in the studio today, Tom Gun likes Tom, thank you for.
Speaker 2: Joining me, sir, well, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: And usually you've been sitting in this chair. Recently he's been doing a podcast, it's the Dog Behavior Podcast Pawdcast. Heidi was like just quick on the gun thinking of that.
Speaker 2: We were looking for something and she came up with us.
Speaker 1: It's like how about this, and we're like, well why not that? So every Wednesday, the last couple of Wednesdays, we have another one that's out today. People can tune in and listen. And the thing that's really neat. You've been in this space for quite a while. How long ago did you kind of follow the calling calling to become a dog behavior.
Speaker 2: It's been almost twenty two years now.
Speaker 1: And what was it that And if they listened to the first podcast, I'll find out, But what was it that kind of drew you into this.
Speaker 2: I got bit by a dog when I was a paper boy and it made me afraid of dogs. And then I met my wife Sarah, and she was very, very involved with dogs, so if I wanted to be with her, I had to learn it. And I'm a competitive man. So then we built the boarding resort. I didn't take over right away because it was slow, but I kind of went, well, maybe I'll go do this and look at this, and I loved it. I loved the dogs, even the breathe I had been afraid of in the past. I learned how to love them, and being a competitive man, I knew I wasn't doing things right. So we went to a seminar and this guy that did dog behavior, Lee Mannix, tragically passed away, as I mentioned the first week in a car accident. But he was so I can't even describe it, just drew you in and drew me in. And then he told me I should become a dog behavior and I kind of laughed at him and said, Lee, I don't know anything. He goes, that's why you'll be good. Most people think they know a ton about it. You don't think you know anything, and you'll be good at it. Yeh. So I went down to Austin, Texas a few times and trained with him, brought him up here once, and now over fifty eight hundred dogs later, here I am.
Speaker 1: And the stories that you and I have had a chance to talk about are just amazing to me. And we've had a chance to see at firsthand as well, So I know for a fact that Tom knows what he's talking about. And I think it's great that you're doing this podcast and the thing the snicce You've got. Some sponsors are kind of helping with this too. Let's talk a little bit about them.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, Todd Schoenfelder's got several businesses, but he's doing it mainly for his real estate group. And Pam, she's got this beautiful facility out out in the country up by Rowena and it is just absolutely gorgeous. I've been there several times and if you ever need someone coming to town to stay, I highly recommend it.
Speaker 1: River Valley Retreat.
Speaker 2: It is a River Valley retreat and it looks out over the river, and ironically enough, my oldest daughter just lives about three miles away from her there, so nice. But I'd never been in that area to see how nice it is. Yeah, that's neat. And then we have the tittors group that have several things do SSS Casinos, Jack Rose Social Club, Wiley's Downtown. Be supportive of all these people because they're all supporting me and of course precious pets. My wife and sister in law still own it. My son is the general manager. I have retired from managing the resort, but I still do my dog behavior down there and I love bumping into the clients that I had for years and years so when I have my doctorate need so it is very good, very enjoyable to do these podcasts. Hopefully can keep them going and keep them going. I've got many stories to tell about individual dogs that will really blow your mind.
Speaker 1: And if you'd like to find the podcast, it's really easy to find. I've been sharing it on our social media too, but Sue fallspodcast dot com. When you go there, I scroll down just to tiny bit you'll see it maybe the third or fourth podcast on there, and every Wednesday at seven am, so it's available right now, the one for this Wednesday. If you would like to click on there and listen to it, and thank you again. If people have questions. Can they reach out and say, hey, I've got a question. I'd like you to maybe talk about this on an upcoming show.
Speaker 2: I mentioned it again today six five two six one, five three five one. Call me and we'll talk about it. No commitments financially, We'll just discuss it and see if we can help.
Speaker 1: Very very good, and again thank you to the sponsors for help making it possible, but also thank you to Tom for putting the time into this. He's got a giant folder here that you come in prepared every week.
Speaker 2: Don't you. I try.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's really neat, and I get to get to kind of help edit and load and do all of the fun stuff. So it's been really fun for me. I'm learning quite a bit vicariously just through this podcast.
Speaker 2: With me, and you've done a great job with it so well. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: I've been trying to convince my wife you need to listen to what he says and we need to do these things because we've got some dogs that like to bark at people when they walk past. And I said, we're going to get that fixed. I said, we're gonna We're I've been paying attention. We know how to do this. We're going to do these things and then people in our neighborhood are going to go, how in the world did these dogs quit park?
Speaker 2: Have that happen all the time?
Speaker 1: I know we've talked about that.
Speaker 2: I love it again.
Speaker 1: It's the Dog Behavior Podcast p A W D C A S T with Tom Gunlicks. Tom thanks for coming in, sir, Thanks again, John, And if you'd like to listen, you can hear that right now sou Falls Podcast dot com and we also have a link to it at Facebook dot com, Slash Sunny Radio and Something you Should Know. Something you Should Know is brought to you by genesisgold Ira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold Standard. Get a free gold and Silver guide now at Genesisgoldra dot com.