Speaker 1: You're listenings KPI AM six forty the Bill Handle Show on demand on the iHeartRadio f The only time I ever took off a birthday was when I received my circumcision, and I took off a few days only to heal, and that was it. It was a rough time. By the way, the oil used to actually do the cutting. And now it's like a device, a cigar cutter thing.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 1: It looks like that. That's really interesting. That's that they call that a brisk hit. Okay, that's probably you've ever st And now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle, and good morning everybody, Bill Handle. Here it is a Monday morning, June twenty third. By the way, that promo, it really is a kid. It's a little aluminum device that you put the schwants in and it and it used to be the boil. The guy who does a circumcision used to just take the really sharp knife and do the foreskin thing freehand. Now it's the whole. It looks like a cigar cutter, okay, and it is well for you.
Speaker 2: It was like Tonio clippers.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah. By the way, you know my philosophy. You don't see many Jewish alcoholics. You ever noticed that you don't see many Jewish trunks. You really don't if you think about it. And I have a whole theory about that. Is when a kid is being circumcised, usually a male, what they do is they'll dip a little piece of cloth in wine and have the little wind suckle on it. And it doesn't take much wine to have an eight day old boy get flying drunk. You know. That's the sort of deal with the pain and deal with it all. So this is a subconscious thing. And I've talked to psychologists about it, and they go, there may be something there deep in the recesses of your mind. Alcohol schaunts, cut off alcohol, knife to schaunts. I don't drink. Tell me that's not legitimate. Huh morning, Neil.
Speaker 2: I'm flabber gasted. Good morning, Willie wolf Had.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, yes, yes, uh will good morning. Morning. There you go, uh cono, there you are there I am oh yeah, and Amy, yeah there you are and uh huh and and good morning, good morning. And tell me it hasn't been a rather newsworthy weekend. Uh just a little bit. We've got some stuff talk about the one thing that has not been mentioned. I was just curious, by the way, does that change anything? Probably not, But the cost of the attack on Iran with all of those B two bombers, which is that's what they're built for. But how many Tamahawk missiles did were launched? And it's just the cost of all this and those bunker buster bombs. What do those costs each? I mean, this was probably in the it had to be close to one hundred million dollars just this attack. It's we don't often talk about how much money for example, the missile, the defense missiles that we let Israel use or that we supply Israel that go up there are hundreds of thousands of dollars each, and there are hundreds of those being used to defend Israel. It's expensive stuff, to say the least going into war today. And this is without boots on the ground. Matter of fact, boots on the crown are probably the cheapest thing you can do if you don't want to count the lives of soldiers, which of course you know you have almost unlimited money you would and should spend to protect an American soldier. In any case, let me see what's going on other than the insanity that happened over the weekend? What else? Hots? Yeah, weatherwise, I don't forget report on the weather. The heat wave is just insane going on in the mid in the eastern seaboard. Boy boy, climate change is really killing us more and more. All right, Uh, that's it. I can't think of anything else, anything else going on before we hit it. Mmmmm no, nope, nope. My daughter's birthdays are coming up next week. Can't wait for that coming down to visit me, yippie.
Speaker 2: I remember when they were born. I remember their butt mitzvah. Yeah, it's so crazy. Tracy and I were just talking the other day about how you could tell their personalities when they were babies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was hilarious.
Speaker 2: It was hilarious.
Speaker 1: And one of the more interesting stats about the Handled twins is they were getting more and more expensive by the year.
Speaker 3: It's supposed to the other way, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It is supposed to go the other way. That is correct.
Speaker 2: Well, couldn't you have.
Speaker 1: Changed the dynamic?
Speaker 2: No, the number of kids you were gonna have, Like, didn't you make them in.
Speaker 1: A test tube? Yeah? I did?
Speaker 2: Actually, couldn't you have just said one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's you know, big, big piece of advice with test tube kids. Bring it down to one. You'll save a ton of money. All right, guys, let's do it. We're on our way. It's time for Handle on the News with Amy Neil and me lead story.
Speaker 2: Bom bomb, bom bomb.
Speaker 1: No surprise that this was the news and was it going to come or not? That's the hell knows. Yeah, that is an old song, isn't it. Well, of course we now know that the US has bombed Iran when after its nuclear facilities. We're going to talk a lot about that. Both sides of the isle are going crazy within the Republican Party after Donald Trump made the decision, we're finding more and more about what happened and how the decision making was done. It's fascinating the way this has come out, and the the news is Ron says that it will respond, it doesn't know how yet it doesn't or it hasn't said how. And they're thinking, uh, Iran is that its weakest point in decades? And there's all kinds of politics. It's usually uh, you've got the proxies that are on beside Iran. Just tells people what to do right. Israel attacks Gaza Uh, Iran tells Hisbelah, now you attack Israel because you're a proxy. Have you noticed that no one has gone after the United States or Israel other than Iran. Nobody and the and the U, all of the Mid Eastern countries are silent about the attack.
Speaker 2: What's the most likely outcome?
Speaker 1: Terrorism? There'll be some states, Yeah, there'll be some. They're saying they have sleeper cells. I don't know about that. Uh, there'll be some. I think there'll be some attacks on US bass and service personnel in the Mid East.
Speaker 3: Do you think that that's sort of poking the bear?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, And I was just about to say, uh, this is the president that is not going to sit back. He will order the decimation of a good part of Iran. That's it's that simple.
Speaker 2: You remember us for bears, it's if their brown laid down, if they're black, fight back. What if they're orange? What do you do?
Speaker 1: Well? Two things. I don't know any word that rhymes with orange.
Speaker 4: I don't think there is one. I think that's one of the two words in the whole English language.
Speaker 1: So I don't quite know how that's gonna work.
Speaker 3: All right, Dems were left in the dark.
Speaker 4: Mark Warner from Virginia and Connecticut Representative Jim Hines, both top Democrats on the Senate and House intelligence panels, say they got briefed about the US attack on Iranian nuclear facilities well before the attack. Oh, I mean sorry, they did not get they did not get informed before the attack. They said they were left in the dark. Republican counterparts apparently were given some advanced notice. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said he got word of the attacks just barely before they started at six forty pm Eastern time. The committees for the House and Senate said they got notification after.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tru very unusual. Usually, whenever a president or any kind of a major issue like this military issue, leadership is brought in and informed well before leadership is the Intelligence committee and the top leadership you have. Yeah, you have a few people that are brought in today, it's only the Republicans are brought in on this one. Democrats are left out and that we're moving in a direction where there really is only one party in this country the other. And I hate to say, well, I don't hate to see it. I think it's a fact where this administration views Democrats as the enemy. That's it. It's that simple, and it's really disconcerting, uh to know that. You know, it's just a whole different way. And we go beyond, and we keep on going in the direction of the imperial presidency. I'm going to talk more about that later on.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: And thankfully, the the liberal side of things, they don't see the Republicans is an enemy at all.
Speaker 1: So they do.
Speaker 2: But it's balanced.
Speaker 1: No, I understand, it's balanced, but there's a big difference between one per Yeah, exactly decide to start a war. Uh. And and it's a question of, you know, just informing them because it's the decision making of any president. Is you know, for example, let's say you that Truman who before he dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, he didn't take into account what they said, Uh, what leadership says. It's merely informing them that that is a decision by the president. It's that simple. So there's a lot there. But you're but you're right, everybody's an enemy. Everybody's an enemy now on either side. And it's horrific to think of that's the way we're going, all right, moving on.
Speaker 2: All right, NATO leaders they are getting together tomorrow. This is interesting. So basically they're leaning on others in NATO to put up their money to the tune of five percent of its gross domestic product on defense needs. And there are some like Spain who rejects this and say that it's unreasonable, but others are like, okay.
Speaker 1: Well that's the charter though NATO. It's five percent of GDP gross domestic product of each country for defense of those countries. And the United States has been footing the bill. And the United States is the safest of all the countries relative to an attack. It's Europe that is at risk for an attack. And this is where the president is absolutely right. And he's the only president said that, hey, you know what, you don't pay your bills, we're bail now. Guys. You know you promise to pay. Don't give me this crap that you're breaking your your your agreement on this. So any threatened to bail out of NATO, and I have no problem with that at all, And no other president has been able to say that, Okay, so we're out re memory threaten that we're still in. But you know, now, these other countries are starting to put up, They're starting to put their money on the table.
Speaker 2: So wait a second, Bill, you agreed with the president doing this, and you agreed with him using the the bunker busters. Uh you know you said that the other day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's different. One one is well in this end, I am one is more emotional on my part, and the other one is just straight out it makes sense. You know. The President is just absolutely right. It's a large air gang. I don't think there's another let me put it this way. I don't think there's another side to argue about the NATO money. I don't think that Spain, for example, says we're not going to pay it. They should be thrown out of NATO. There's no question in my mind as far as bombing Iran. Yeah, there's another side, But then I'd be okay with Nu King Tehran. I'd have no problem if the President said, okay, guys, yeah, hey guys, yeah, no kidding, next Tuesday, don't look in southwest direction. By the way, put on some sunglasses. Yeah, I don't have a problem with that. All right, let's do one more.
Speaker 3: Even when you delete a tweet lives on.
Speaker 4: Such is the case for the La County Sheriff's Department who sent out a tweet following the US bombing of the nuclear facilities in Iran. It says our hearts go out to the victims and families impacted by the recent bombings in Iran. Well, then the tweet was deleted and the Sheriff's department released the following We are issuing the statement formally apologize for an offensive inappropriate social media post recently posted on our department social media platforms regarding the ongoing conflict in Iran. The post was unacceptable, made an error, and does not reflect the views of Sheriff Robert G. Luna or the department.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the first couple of lines which the Sheriff's department should not issue. That he shouldn't get involved in politics, no problem saying the recent events. We are now on a heightened alert because of that. That's not a problem, but saying and on the other hand, we feel bad about the victims. What victims Iranian military, You know, the people that were driving the trucks, people that are working in photo or photo the fod row Fodoor fordel for fordl Fodah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've heard both Foorida and Forde Bill bo exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, all right, oil futures oil prices urged late Sunday at Wall Street's first reaction, of course, to America strikes on three Iranian nuclear facilities on Saturday evening. So this is seen obviously as an escalation of the Iran Israel conflict, and of course people grab their wallets. So US oil futures jumped two point seven percent, so it's about seventy five, almost seventy six bucks per barrel.
Speaker 4: It's trading down from that now it's like seventy three ninety eight, so, which is kind of holding steady right now.
Speaker 1: The big fear here in terms of oil prices is the damage Iran can do economically, not so much in and of itself. We can block the straight of horm Moves, where twenty percent of the world's oil goes through, and that's that area between Iran and the Emirates, that little tiny area that goes from the Persian Gulf into the Mediterranean Sea.
Speaker 4: But here's the question, build doesn't that hurt Iran?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Absolutely, Oh, they're committing of course they are. But at this point it doesn't matter. I mean, it's you know, look what Hamas has done with with Gaza. It committed suicide. You know, it's prepared to you know, have itself wiped off, wiped out, and it's you know, I mean, it's a last resort. But if Iran has no other place to go, yeah, yeah, they'll do it. They're crazy. They're crazy people. These are ideologues that the most important thing in the world is, you know, disruption and attacking Israel and fighting the Great Satan America. When you think about it, you know, why would you do that? Just economically? I understand that. Philosophically you hate Israel and you went death to the Jews. I get all that, but you know, why would you cut off your entire head to spite your face? And I think they're prepared to do that. That's a good question, by the way, excellent question. I think I did an ex I gave you an excellent answer. Oh boy, Okay, moving on.
Speaker 4: Bad for the bee brand, for sure. We all love honey bees, right except from O'Kelly. But now we have Africanized honey bees, and you might know them as killer bees. They've spread to thirteen states and are spreading to the north, attacking people in livestock and pets in the last three months. A man says he was mowing the lawn he died, Well, he didn't say it because he died after the bees attacked him. Three people were taken to the hospital after tree trimmors disturbed a colony. Hikers had to run a mile to get away from an agitated hive, and a woman and three horses were swarmed by bees that got spooked by a lawnmower. The horses later died because they had thousands of beastings.
Speaker 1: I'm going to do seven to fifty. I'm gonna do that story about the killer bees. It's a movie. It's basically snakes on a plane, but bees in your in your neighborhood. A killer bees are Oh do you remember were?
Speaker 2: Who was that?
Speaker 1: Terry ray Elmer. It was years ago and kno is looking for that sound bite where she goes, the bees are coming, the bees are coming. It was very funny. And then our program director that time, because she complained a lot, was saying, you're making fun You were making fun of her, and we did, and he told us to stop it, and we doubled down and we did it. Yeah, and then we doubled down again, well.
Speaker 2: THATU shalt not make fun of your friends and co workers.
Speaker 1: Co workers.
Speaker 2: I would never know that a panel of three federal appellate judges has ruled that the Louisiana law requiring the Ten Commandments to be posted in each of the state's public school classrooms is unconstitutional. Who would have.
Speaker 1: Think, Yeah, although you know with this, I mean obviously it's going to be peeled and this this Supreme Court may eliminate separation of church estate could very well, you think, I think? I yeah, I think. Well, the way separation of church and state is determined right now, it is. It's a wide field. I mean, the courts have said even mention of church, or even silent praying or just everybody, let's take a moment to contemplate the world in school unconstitutional. I think it's going to come back where freedom of religion is going to really expand yeah, I think so we shall see. Yeah, I'm a big fan of separation of church and state, obviously. And then the issue becomes, and this is the argument, the Ten Commandments unconstitutional? How about people who the kids were atheists, which are allowed to be Are they stigmatized and that was one of the arguments that was used to in the separation of church and state doctrine. All right, let's move on one more before we bail.
Speaker 4: Okay, everyone else is suing Trump. LA wants to get in on the action. Faced with a wave of immigration arrest, city Council is looking to sue the Trump administration. They want to get a court order that prohibits federal agents from doing anymore on what they call unconstitutional stops or arrests of city residents.
Speaker 3: Council member Katie.
Speaker 4: Yuoslovsky co authored proposal that's been signed by seven council members. She said they have received reports of residents who were stopped, questioned, and detained by individuals claiming to be federal immigration agents who did not display an official badge or government ID.
Speaker 1: I don't know how a city has standing to do this. I can understand a lawsuit on behalf of the individuals, but the city and how is the city damaged? So I don't quite understand this. Everybody's jumping into it. Why wouldn't LA jump into it? Of course? All right?
Speaker 2: All right, So jdie Vance, vice President was in town on Friday, and when he was here, he had made a comment, He said, I was hoping Jose Padilla would be here to ask a question, but unfortunately, I guess he decided not to show up because there wasn't a theater and that's all it is. So, uh, now you've got Senator Alex Alex Padilla blasting the Trump administration. He's saying it's petty and unserious for using the name Jose, which you know, I'll give people leeway, but that's a that's a pretty specific mistake.
Speaker 1: Especially when they they work together in the Senate.
Speaker 2: Anger to me, I called out Padilla, who I do believe actually cares. I do think he cares about the immigrants, and I think he cares about the people, but that was theater. I'm going to call out jd Vance too, because that's that's a very specific poke and if you think that he did that on an accident, that seems that's even blame.
Speaker 4: He's out, and he says he's not done. The Palestinian activist Mahmood Khalil has been detained for more than three months, but he is now out of federal custody. He greeted friends and spoke to reporters at New Jersey's Newark International Airport a day after he got out of federal immigration facility in Louisiana. He says he's going to continue protesting Israel and the war in Gaza. He says the US government is funding this genocide and Columbia University is investing in the genf side. He says he's going to keep protesting. Not only if they threatened him with detention, but he said even if they would kill me, I would still speak up for Palestine.
Speaker 1: Kind Of hard to speak up if you're dead, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Good point?
Speaker 1: Theoretical, Yeah, theoretical. And this is they haven't charged him with anything. He's at demonstrations and he's being pro Commas and he's being anti Israel. You know, welcome to the United States. It's the First Amendment issue. You can as long as he's not advocating violence, you can't have those views.
Speaker 3: Does the First Amendment apply to non citizens?
Speaker 1: You bet it does. It applies to everybody who's in this country. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The wording is really weird. It's very generic, and the Constitution.
Speaker 1: Is oh yeah, but it's the way. But everything is generic in the Constitution. When you think about it, it's taken these amendments, and it's taken whatever laws that it establishes or procedures or policies, and then it's expanded beyond that. It's a living document. I mean, you know, for example, there's no word of air force in the Constitution. Does that mean that we can't have an air force? Of course we can. It expands on the basic premise first Amendment has been determined. You have the right to say whatever the hell you want in this country, any political view you want, as long as you're not advocating the overthrow of the government, as long as you're not advocating inment to riot, as long as you're not uttering anything that's unlawful. But you're a political opinion, you're allowed to have that. Unfortunately, not today. Okay, let's get it local for a moment. Uh, this isn't local, well local, you know, you know? Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: New York seventh week of testimony with the Sean did he Combe sex trafficking case, and it looks like they're trying to rest it today. So we shall see.
Speaker 1: Anybody thinks he gonna get away with it, He's gonna walk. Does anybody thinks I don't think he will? I think it's so overwhelming that I don't know where he's going to go with that. And why did he go to trial and not plead out because they wouldn't give him a deal.
Speaker 3: I think he did offer him a deal.
Speaker 1: I don't think they did it. I maybe, but usually when they go to trial under these high profile cases, they generally don't offer deal. Maybe wrong on that if you want to look that up and correct me, or if I am wrong, Yeah, he did.
Speaker 4: He rejected a plea deal offered by the prosecution with details.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that still would put him in jail for almost the rest of his life. I would think even with the plea.
Speaker 4: Deal, yeah, I would have resulted in a shorter sentence, but like you said, he's facing so many years that would it have been enough to get him out at some point? All right, Amy, big waves This doesn't happen very often, but big waves turned deadly on Lake Tahoe.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 4: Three pm over the weekend, which day was oh Saturday night was when they started experiencing some high winds which was creating large swells like six to eight feet on the lake, and a boat capsized. Six people died, two survived, and two others are still missing.
Speaker 1: Is this one of those rogue weather events that no one had any idea was coming? Or they take some risks here.
Speaker 4: Conditions on the lake were harsh thirty nine wins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why.
Speaker 3: Thirty eight degrees.
Speaker 2: Oh it's cold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know there's still near freezing yeah. I Again, the question is do you go out there, do you put these people to blame it all? Or did this come out of the blue. Don't know the answer, all right, we're done good. We end up with gee, I don't know. I'll think about it or not a lot of the answers this morning on the news, Let's do it. This is kf I am six forty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.