Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty. The bill handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio f Here we are the Anheim White House at the restaurant and we broadcast from here every single year where we raise money for Katerina's Club. And we're going to meet Chef Bruno a little bit later on who started this charity, and of course Silvano, who manages Chef Bruno's cousin. Do I have that right, nephew? Yeah, Silvano is Bruno's nephew, right, okay, And I want to point something out. This has nothing to do with nepotism, that he's his nephew and he manages this place.
Speaker 2: Oh look there he is there, he is.
Speaker 3: Ah, he is.
Speaker 4: A highly capable individual.
Speaker 1: And he's Bruno's nephew. Okay, just pointing that out. So we've got a huge crowd about half a dozen people here, which we all do and it starts a couple of things.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: First of all, welcome, come on out to the Anaheim White House. We've got snacks, coffee, and we have pastries here.
Speaker 2: The bagels are here.
Speaker 1: And the bagels have arrived, Okay, real jew bagels and wind out. How important that is, you know, we should actually put this on Instagram a photo of the addendum. I have a blow up of the actual addendum that was signed to make sure these were jew bagels. H And I am not kidding. This is a court This was added to my contract. This is part of it. And this is a blow up signed by management.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I want to make I want to make damn sure that we get the real thing here?
Speaker 4: Is that the only blow up you have in your house?
Speaker 1: That's very funny. Now I have a I have something I got from Japan. This is life size. Yes, God, do I start? Do I start this or not?
Speaker 3: Anyway?
Speaker 4: Morning Neil, Good morning, Willie Wolf.
Speaker 1: And there is the lovely Amy good morning, Good morning Bill. Okay, and Anne, who is a producer, our producer is here. We got the crowd from the White House. And Michelle who puts all of this together, executive executive producer Michelle H. There is also and I'm looking at the table. There's there's an award at on the table. Weish to put that up on Instagram too. Let's take a picture of that and put it up.
Speaker 4: It's a beautiful award.
Speaker 1: It is an award that is a bowl of pasta sitting on top one of those bases where you know that this is this is a KFI award and it is. I went to Silvano, guy, I want one of these. I don't care what you say on it. Now. Bill's a great guy, you know, I don't care, but I want that award that is that is the most amazing award.
Speaker 4: And we'll describe it.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a bowl of pasta on top of extra eight. Yeah, it's one of those you know, it looks perfect.
Speaker 2: It looks like a bowl of pasta.
Speaker 5: It doesn't look like an award like it sits on Michelle's desk and every time I wash by, I think, oh, I should take a bike.
Speaker 1: It's a bowl of pasta. So anyway, we're gonna do a couple of things before we handle in the news and today obviously it's a very modified show because it's Pastafon and we are raising money and we're gonna wore ourselves like you cannot believe to raise money for Pasta Fon. So there's a couple of different ways to do it. If you go to a smart and final any place until the eighth of December, and you don't and you donate at the counter, you are going to get a thank you. If you go to a Wendy's and donate until the eighth five bucks or war, you're gonna get a coupon book for five dollars or war worth of goodies. Actually substantially more. If you come here to the Anaheim White House. You can donate in person, which we'd love to have you do. You can donate online, and anybody who donates online or in person one thousand dollars or more. That's usually companies, but sometimes individuals one thousand dollars or more. You didn't know this, digitill I came up with this this morning. Will get a mentioned, we'll get a plug and i'll talk and i'll hoar your business. Hey, thank you to actme storage thousand bucks. Here's where they're located. And they're terrific. I don't know if they're terrific or not.
Speaker 3: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: You can also on a personal note, you, for example, can announce publicly that you're divorcing your spouse. And she gets it. That Dave she's listening to it gets it today.
Speaker 4: What if he gets it? That's it?
Speaker 1: That's ooh that's also Yeah. So anyway, there's a lot of things to do, but the serious part of it is coming to the White House. Are donating to Katerina's Club, now feeding twenty five thousand kids. Fourteen years ago, when we first started, it was two hundred meals a night, Wow and Bruno. They would have their own pasta makers and they would after hours or during the course of dinner they would have someone cook pasta. Today, well five thousand meals a day. I mean, it's just it's insanity. So we raise money and we are the biggest single source of money for the charity. So and that's because you guys are part of it. Because if you think I'm writing a chick for one point three million dollars, you're crazy. So without literally without KFI listeners particularly, this charity would probably have half the budget that it does and would not be able to feed the kids.
Speaker 6: I remember that first, you know, fourteen years ago. Bill's not a real emotional guy, but he walks up. There's a table filled with kids and they're eating the pasta. There's one kid who obviously looked like he was famished, and he was eating and Bill leans over and he looks at the kid and he goes, are you going to finish that? It was so moving to see Bill connecting with that hungry child and scooting him over and biting into his garlic toast.
Speaker 4: That was very strong. Yeah, it was very emotional.
Speaker 1: Lindsey, will you do me a favorite? Lindsay, is my main squeeze?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 1: The coffee that we got.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I haven't heard.
Speaker 1: Divia in it. It is disgusting. I need at least one more that Usually I do splenda.
Speaker 2: There's no splendor today.
Speaker 1: I know you know who? How do you bring coffee without splendor, without some kind of carconage into.
Speaker 2: You could have real sugar.
Speaker 1: No, it's too cloint. Oh and it's too healthy. It actually is just natural.
Speaker 6: I don't I don't live for back back to the starving kids in between the candle his coffee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, starving kids.
Speaker 6: I want to remind people that we're teaming up with four Orange County wild Fork Foods locations for their give back event.
Speaker 4: It's today only until eight pm.
Speaker 6: You head into wild Fork Foods Locations in Coasta Mesa look a Nego Mission viah Huntington Beach and you do.
Speaker 4: Your shopping and then check out.
Speaker 6: You just say KFI Pastathon and fifteen percent of your total will go to the KFI Pastathon for Katerina's club So they're just doing great things. Wildfork Foods Meats seafood markets. They have seven hundred meat and seafood options, products from all over the world, including exotic meats with Bill and I saw they have all kinds of stuff there everyday meal favorites. Plan your holiday meals now with Wildforkfoods dot Com. Great prices, just a lot of variety and again mentioned KFI Pasta at those four locations and you'll get fifteen percent of your total that will go to Katerine's Clubs.
Speaker 1: And I'm a huge fan of Wildfork. I've been a customer of both. They've got great food way before we connected with them. And if you think I shop at Wildfork because I get free food, I don't. I should get free food, but I don't. I actually walk in and I pay full kilt Wow. Even I say hey, I'm Bill Handle and they go, who, I'm getting a lot more of that, Bill, here's your bill? All right? Bill, all right, We're gonna take a break and come back and actually start Handle on the news on this pastathon Tuesday. Also, how do you donate online? Well, I'll tell you about it when we come back, because I don't know how people donate online.
Speaker 5: K if I am six forty dot com slash pasta tha.
Speaker 1: That's it. Okay, that's it, got it? All right, we're coming back.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I AM six forty.
Speaker 1: You don't have to do that.
Speaker 6: And you guys don't have to do that, you know, why don't you tell them during the break they had to do that?
Speaker 1: What? Amy?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay and ignore the applause sign. Okay, please all right, Bill Handle Here we're at pastathon Amy and Neil. We are are broadcasting from the Anaheim White House and inviting you to join us. Right now, we've got the real bagels, we have the pastries, really serious stuff, coffee and right up until nine o'clock.
Speaker 4: Are those real French quissomps.
Speaker 1: They are real French croissants. Okay, I mean this is I mean I have an now, yeah, they went there's a bagel adendment. By the way, for those of you come up, there's a real that's the copy of the bagel Atendant Mexican.
Speaker 4: Yeah, breakfast brief. There you go.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, let's do it. We are going to cover some news this morning because it's kind of a modified show. It's time for Handle on the News with Amy Neil and me lead story. Well, Joe Biden's decision to pardon his son have gotten the Republicans in an uproar and some Democrats because Biden had said over and over again he is not going to pardon Hunter. And guess what he pardon Hunter?
Speaker 4: And how do does that affect us?
Speaker 1: It's it's just an interesting political point. Doesn't affect us at all. It's a single it's it's just a pardon. It's presidential. Yeah, you can parten his son pardon. You can pardon anybody wants and coming back. And you know, there's no defense for that and his other than he he's my son and I'm the president. I can pardon him. Now what instead he came up with, Well, he was prosecuted unfairly. He sounded like Donald Trump where he is. The difference is that Donald Trump's prosecution was in a great part political. There's no question about that.
Speaker 3: I think it was.
Speaker 1: Solid, but there's no argument that it wasn't political. This was the Joe Biden administration that was prosecuting his son. What is that about?
Speaker 6: The only issue is how far that the kind of weird boundaries on it.
Speaker 4: There are no boundaries. Yeah, it's basically all the way back. He could no boundaries.
Speaker 1: You can pardon anybody under in that's under federal gyurnalistics any time with any crime. It's like it was pretty broad the part they usually are, they're usually unconditioned.
Speaker 5: Well, it's pardoning him for things that he hasn't been charged with.
Speaker 1: Right any possible The same thing with that Gerald Ford and Richard Nixon. Richard Nixon hadn't been charged with anything. Nope, Richard Nixon was. It wasn't. Richard Nixon wasn't even I don't even think he was impeached because he didn't go to the floor. It's only out of committee.
Speaker 6: You think that Hunter's pissed he didn't do more.
Speaker 4: He's like, man, yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: And what's hilarious and this one is hilarious way because Trump Trump is particularly outraged and he went on true social and talk about how outraged and was asked, what's the difference between you pardoning all those people, including your father in law. Ye, what's the difference. And he came in with a pretty good answer.
Speaker 6: Uh uh uh uh uh that many us that many is yeah, yeah, how could you argue against that many?
Speaker 1: It's all you know, it's pure hypocrisy. And as I said yesterday, you know, just admit it, just say he's my son. Arnold Schwarzenegger. I gave kudos too because he pardoned Fabio, Nunya's son, whose Nunya's was Speaker of the Assembly. Was a pretty yeah, they were allies, I'd argue, even though they were on opposite sides of the party. And he said outright. Nunya's kid had been convicted of a stabbing, whether a death or someone very close to death. He got seven years and Schwarzenegger commuter justs sentenced down to two and said, real and asked, why would you do that? He goes because of Fabio.
Speaker 3: Was a friend of mine.
Speaker 1: That's it, he's a friend. Any other questions. I wish Biden had said that.
Speaker 5: I wish Biden would have not said so emphatically, I'm not going to do it.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to do it. I'm not going to do it. Instead say I'm going to weigh it.
Speaker 5: I don't know, it's my son on the side, because now he just comes across as a liar.
Speaker 1: A hypocrite, Yeah, a hypocrite.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people change their mind.
Speaker 6: I don't know if it's a lie, here's the prob hey, and then how you look at it, because I heard a.
Speaker 1: Commentator say that it was in the planning, and Biden said it happened over Thanksgiving, right over the weekend, and they all sat and then he made up his mind. Commentator said that he pled guilty to all seven charges, all seven tax evation charges, without any negotiation.
Speaker 4: He had to know who the.
Speaker 1: Hell pleads guilty and gets nothing in return. That made sense to me that it was going to happen. Okay, you see if we knew three before the end of the hour.
Speaker 4: Doing crack well, he was with a prostitute in front of the judge.
Speaker 5: Okay, So California is working to Trump proof the state for the state lawmaker's been called into special session. It happened yesterday, uh, focusing on a proposed twenty five million dollars litigation fund. They say it's so they are ready for when President elect Trump attacks California policies on civil rights, climate change, and abortion access.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree the only issue I have. First of all, I agree Trump is going to do that because he said he's going to do that, and I believe him. And number two, the twenty five million dollar fund is not going to touch the.
Speaker 4: Cost of the actual litigation.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a four year battle, filing lawsuit after lawsuit, both the Fence against California, because it's diametrically You've got two philosophies that are diametrically opposed. And Trump can be vindictive, he's not. He's not a compromiser. He said this is what I want and I'm willing to go there. And Newsome, who wants to be the Democratic nominee for president, has to show his liberal credentials.
Speaker 6: And it's going to be an interesting doesn't Why doesn't he homeless proof California?
Speaker 1: That's another that's that's another film to hole. Yeah, that's another way that can be say state doesn't fill potholes except the state facilities.
Speaker 4: Philter do something?
Speaker 1: Yeah for us?
Speaker 4: You want to take a break.
Speaker 1: No, well, yeah, let's take a break.
Speaker 6: We'll come back and wow, Biden, you sure switched on that one. Yeah, No, absolutely, we will take any breaks. Let's take a break, all.
Speaker 1: Right, pardon me? Okay, Amy, what's going on?
Speaker 7: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Pasta fine and we're going full blast today to raise money for Katerina's Club. We do this every single year, helping Chef Bruno and Katerina's Club feed twenty five thousand meals a week. That's just it's serious stuff and we can't do it without you. So I'm gonna be pouring this all day long and you can come down here. We got bagels and pastry and coffee, which we do every year. Today. You can donate well until the eighth, donate at Smart and final at the counter. You can donate at any Wendys or five bucks or more Wendy's and get a coupon book worth far more than that. And you can come here also, and we just started this morning that anybody who either online or comes here and don't donates one thousand dollars or more businesses, individuals, you will get a plug and you whatever you want to say, you know, I'll hoar your business, I'll make fun of you whatever.
Speaker 4: They will say.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, within REFCC guideline. Yeah, yeah, there's that. All right, let's come back and more Handle on the News with Amy Neil and me.
Speaker 6: What a story that ongoing search for Hana Kobyashi officially gone from being, you know, a nationwide case now to an international incident. Kobyashi, thirty year old woman from Hawaii last seen lax has apparently safely crossed the US Mexico border on our own accord, you know, and the LAPD say this happened on December two and across the border November twelve, and this is the same day that her family and Hawaii reported her missing. And the police say they don't believe any foul play.
Speaker 4: They don't believe human trafficking is a part of it.
Speaker 6: Okay, the old dad committed suicide or forgive me, suicided, and you know, it's like, well, so she's just upset, but what about the dad? Is there something going on in the family?
Speaker 4: Is there?
Speaker 1: But so, what what.
Speaker 4: Do you mean?
Speaker 6: So what it's a news story. I'm talking about the news. It's Handle on the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go ahead news, Okay, you can come in here and get some Baker's guys are really good, all right.
Speaker 5: A ceasefire is holding, but uh, maybe just barely. Israeli airstrikes killed at least nine people in southern Lebanon' according to Lebanese authorities, five in the town of Harris.
Speaker 2: Three people were injured there.
Speaker 5: The truth between Israel and Hezbollah appears to be holding, even as both sides are accusing the other of breaching the deal.
Speaker 4: Wow, Harris just can't get a break.
Speaker 6: Travelers heading home after Thanksgiving holiday. After the Thanksgiving holiday set a massive record on Sunday, Airport officers screened more than three million people, brand new record and on one day.
Speaker 1: And the weather was horrific across many parts of the country. I mean just massive record breaking snowstorms. And it's just who's nuts enough.
Speaker 3: To travel on Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: I did once?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 1: How about a second time?
Speaker 2: Amy No, I did once, and it's it. Yeah.
Speaker 6: But so if you think about that, that's three million.
Speaker 4: Crotches they had to pat down, that's true. That's a that's a lot of packages.
Speaker 1: That's more than ups.
Speaker 3: That's actually very funny.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you what I can.
Speaker 5: Okay, no payday for mister Musk elon Musk's record breaking pay package. Speaking of packages for serving as the CEO of Tesla, has been rejected by a court in Delaware, even though it was approved by Tesla's shareholders. The pay package is worth about one hundred one billion dollars based on Tesla's closing share price on Monday. It was also thrown out in January by the same judge.
Speaker 2: How does that happen?
Speaker 5: Bill that the board says it's okay, but a court steps becauses, you can't pay them.
Speaker 1: That month because you have shareholders who do not control the company. So eighty four percent of the shareholders said, yeah, go ahead, you know, we'll give them a hundred one billion dollars. And you have some major shareholders who have a minority state or minority position stake thank you in the company, and they brought lawsuit and said, hey, we're getting screwed, and the judge says, you're right. This is so ridiculous that even a minority shareholder can argue, this is so ridiculous, because it's if there were a package of thirty million, eighty million, one hundred million, this is one hundred and one billion dollars, and so you got the majority are nuts. But that's how it works.
Speaker 6: Amy and I have a minority stake in the show because we argue that you shouldn't get paid what you get paid.
Speaker 8: You could, okay, how do I do that? You go to iHeart, okay, and you let me write this down. But I don't get nearly enough to make that argument. What do I look like, Ryan Seacrest, No.
Speaker 4: You're a little taller, all right.
Speaker 6: US is prepared to send Ukraine an additional seven hundred and twenty five million in military assistance. It includes the counter drone system, munitions for its high mobility artillery rocket system, and this kind of points to more of the longer range missiles heading towards the battlefield.
Speaker 1: And the reason they're rushing it is because Trump has we don't know if he's gonna cut.
Speaker 3: The finding, if he's gonna cut the arms going to Ukraine.
Speaker 1: So what Biden is doing is saying, Okay, we're gonna do this seven hundred and twenty five million dollars. But it's not an extra seven hundred and twenty five million dollars. It has already been approved by Congress. So Biden is making absolute short last minute like a pardon yeah yeah, much like a part you.
Speaker 6: Want to get this stuff done before you leave. Yeah, do you think they're gonna leave it the place dirty? They're gonna leave it all messy like Airbnb or something like that when Trump.
Speaker 5: Gets What was it that that when George W. Bush got elected, they took all the w's off the step writers.
Speaker 1: They did the clintonputers. I think it was it was the Clinton people just to be asses.
Speaker 8: You didn't hear that, No, I do, vaguely, just just to be asses.
Speaker 1: Biden is he's doing everything he can to help the transition. He's being a good guy about it. Okay, let's take a break. We'll come back and we will finish up Handle on the news on this Tuesday morning, December third, Pastathon here at the Anaheim White House. Please come down join us. Donuts, bagels, pastry, coffee. So it's and my addendum, my bagel addendum, which I have here a copy of. And it's just great fun to see. Okay, Amy live in the what do we call this? By the way, Okay, you're off the air. I know.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: And we're at the Anaheim white House. It is pastathon raising money for Catterina's Club feeding twenty five thousand meals every week and we need your help to do it. Come on, buy, donate here, bagels, real jew bagels. We've got pastries, donuts, all of that and coffee. So come on, buy and donate. Anybody who donates, or anybody donates a thousand dollars or more gets a mention. I will hoore you out, no problem. And there's a couple of different ways of donating, coming here and doting on or online kfi a M six forty dot com, slash pasta fon, go to any Wendy's UH donate five dollars or more and get a coupon book book worth way more than five dollars or any smart and final and you can donate there on the counter until this until December eighth. By the way, Michelle, is that video of me uh buying all that pasta? And it's it's on Instagram at bill handle at Bill Handles show, and you'll you'll see how much pasta and sauce I bought for Katarina's club? Did it show? After I paid for it? I told everybody to bring back the pasta and sauce to the Uh.
Speaker 4: Got your money back?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, have we returned it all?
Speaker 1: Oh, every bit of it.
Speaker 4: Good for you, Good for you, thank you.
Speaker 1: All. Right, let's finish up.
Speaker 2: We've never been prouder.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's finish up.
Speaker 1: Handle on the news with Amy, Neil and Me.
Speaker 5: Got a little saber rattling by the President elect, or is it? President Elect Trump has a message for Hamas he posted on truth Social yesterday, he said, if the hostages are not released before he proudly assumes the office as President of the United States, there will be all held to pay in the Middle East and for those in charge who perpetrated these atrocities against humanity and also and then ended the message saying, release the hostages.
Speaker 1: Now, I believe every word of this that he's going to do this. This reminds you of Ronald Reagan when the American hostages were held by Iran and he said, wait till I get into the White House, you are going to pay big time. And as he was being sworn in, the plane was taking off with the American hostages. It was already an international airspace by the time he finished.
Speaker 3: So help me God.
Speaker 1: They took him very seriously, and I believe Donald Trump is going to just nail Hamas, although I don't know how much more he can do against Hamas that.
Speaker 2: Israel hasn't already done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, I believe him. There's not gonna be any of this negotiation or dealing with allies. He's just going to do it. And you know, God bless him on that one. I Yeah, the American hostages are being held, and that crosses the line, and we're gonna do everything to bring him back. And it doesn't matter what it is. The only issue is is he going to unleash an atomic weapon? And tell Tehran next Tuesday at two o'clock in the afternoon, put your sunglasses on. You can't do that.
Speaker 2: It's too small of an area. You'd wipe out the whole Middle East?
Speaker 1: Correct, Correct, that includes Israel yet, Well, Israel has those bomb shelters. No tactical weapons, small weapons that only take out suburbs, you can do that. Strategic weapons you take out entire swaths of cities. Tactical weapons are kind of small. You can put them on artillery shelves. There's a Chuck Lovers who is was a captain at h with La County Fire.
Speaker 3: Which we bring him aboard all the time.
Speaker 1: His job when he was in the army is he carried atomic weapons in a backpack and he was part of an American team and they were to leave these tactical weapons.
Speaker 4: Who have that job?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're trained for it. I mean you don't sit there when he exposes, but you put him at bridges, dams that sort of thing, and boom off. They go, all.
Speaker 4: Right, you gotta love this. We're having a flashback.
Speaker 6: You've got John Bene Ramsey back in the news, You've got the Menendez brothers back in the news. And now en Ron returns and promises corporate responsibility and commit meant to integrity.
Speaker 1: Why would they keep the name Enron? It is Wow. I just don't get that. That's like starting a company that says the Hitler Corporation. Why would you do that? Because remember Skilling, the CEO, went to jail for years. The number of people that were.
Speaker 4: Ripped off was a punchline forever.
Speaker 1: It still is. I remember both the cost of electricity when Enron ended up, well, it was energy was so cheap that the utilities ended up selling their selling the hardware, selling the power plants because it was cheaper to buy energy than it was to produce energy, and when Enron got hold of them, they owned the market and there were I mean three thousand dollars that used to cost you thirty dollars per kilowatt hour sixty bucks.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was really crazy.
Speaker 1: You know, the one you utility that refuse to sell. City of Los Angeles good for this. So DWP is one of the lowest priced utilities in the country because they just went with one guy who's head of the DWP in Los Angeles, We're not selling.
Speaker 3: We're going to keep our own power plants.
Speaker 1: Which is why you go to San Diego Gas and Electric, which is one of the most expensive utilities, and right next door within a few miles, you've got the cheapest because of that decision to keep the power plants. I think we're done, guys, and we have a bit of news which we're gonna do later on, which is just too good a story, and that is in Belgium, Belgium, sex workers have negotiated and they've negotiated a hell of a deal. The hookers union.
Speaker 2: All right, sounds like a punchline, so it does, and it's not.
Speaker 1: It's a real story, all right. Coming up, Chef Bruto is going to join us and talk about Catarina's Club, and maybe I'm gonna ask him a little bit about the White House Restaurant and his background and how he got started he came here. Well his story and it really is one of the great American immigrant stories. This is what America is about in terms of immigrants on a side you want to hear. This is KFI AM six forty Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.