Speaker 1: Hi guys, and welcome to episode thirty one of Behind the Wand it's been a little break, so it's really lovely that we're back. As always, just a little bit about this podcast if this is your first time listening. My name is Flick Miles, and I was Emma Watson's double in the Harry Potter films and now I speak to other people who worked on the films about their experience in the Wizarding World. So yeah, that's what this podcast is.
Speaker 2: But we've had a.
Speaker 1: Little break and I have been trying to work on the next series, but as many of you know, I had a daughter back in March and that's been taking up a lot of my time. So I was trying to record episodes to get them all together to release another series. But actually think I am going to just start releasing episodes as and when I have them ready, so there's not this huge break in between episodes. I hope you all agree that that is a good idea. We shall see. I'm also going to carry on doing the bonus episodes because between when I did lasted bonus episode and now I've had some amazing questions which I just really want to chat about anyway.
Speaker 2: Because you know, I'm a chatterbox.
Speaker 1: So yeah, just a little bit of like podcast Adamin news there. But I hope that all sounds good to you. But anyway, onto episode thirty one and Patrick Doyle is speaking to me this week. He was the composer for Goblets of Fire and it's actually really interesting and the music is, I mean always important in every film, but it is so important in this film because it's not only the underscore, so the music we hear underneath the scenes. There's also the Yule Ball, so the music that technically you would see being played live. He had to help with that. There was also Jarvis Cocker performing in the band during the your Ball, so it was just another element. Also, again, the film's getting more mature. There's romance, there's death, there's the.
Speaker 2: Fight at the end with Voldemot. You know, I mean, you've all seen it.
Speaker 1: So it was absolutely fantastic being able to speak to Patrick about his work and sort of creating that light and shade throughout the Goblet of Fire.
Speaker 2: So I really hope you enjoy this chat. And here it.
Speaker 1: Is what does a composer do? Or what did you do? On Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. What was your role when it came to being as composer.
Speaker 3: They're all of The composer in general is to capture the heart of the film, and is to study the characters and the story and to add some icing on the cake. On the case of Harry Potter, to add some magic to the existing magic. So it really is to mirror, very often, to mirror what's going on, and to heighten the drama and just to add a third dimension to the story.
Speaker 1: If you think right back to the very beginning, how did you become involved with Harry Potter.
Speaker 3: Well, I was contacted by Mike Null, the director of Harry Potter and the Gurbet Fire. I'd worked with Dy before on Dorry Brasco and a film called Into the West, and we got onto every well and Mike real liked the magic that I brought to this film, this smaller picture called Into the West, which is a very very famous picture, specificlarly in Ireland. But the magic he felt I brought to this I could bring to Harry Potter, and my sense and understanding or drama because I worked in theater, he felt was an extra bonus for him. Plus we got into tails a great man.
Speaker 2: That's all that always helps it if you get along. And had you seen other Harry Potters.
Speaker 1: Were you were aware of the films or were you coming in completely fresh?
Speaker 3: I was very much aware of this incredible worldwide phenomenon. There's no questions about that, and it's still going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly. So how does that How did you feel with that time then?
Speaker 1: Is that sort of like daunting or is it a really exciting challenge?
Speaker 2: Like how did you feel?
Speaker 3: Well? I was very both very excited and very challenged and found it very challenging, but I knew that I was in very supportive hands, in those hands of MiG You. Also, I'd worked before with David Barne, who was one of the producers on it. It was the first time i'd met David Hayman the picture. It was charming, and all of these people were incredibly helpful and encouraging and invited you to into give ideas and to to give me wonderful sort of open artistic license to contribute and be part of this incredible, huge, big families. So they were well settled and organized, and they brought me in to join this party. So no, I was very, very lucky that the team were extremely supportive and gave me such wonderful musical wings to fly.
Speaker 2: And then so how does your process work?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 1: So do you sort of meet with to say, you know, David Burndot Home and Mike and talk about it, and then you take away a script and start reading that, like, how do you like to work?
Speaker 3: Well, I read the script obviously, I suppose as you do, and you read the script at least twoty times, and you study not only the dialogue but the action in between. The dialogue is very important to get a real sense of filming before the beginnings. But I was involved very much. I studied the costumes and had many meetings with my opin and PRIs, and I studied the props and we discussed the crazy musical intertries that might be you. So I was very involved in the process of reproduction before filming began, which is not off the case part. In this case, Mike knew that's how I like to work if I could, so I did, and we discussed in particular the music moments that were going to be on camera. These are very different from the music you write after it's all filmed. The underscore the music on camera. In specific, we discussed the entrance of the arrival rather are the Dormstrang Boys and the bowbat On girls. What was fascinating about that was haven't we seen these? As I explained these wonderful costume designs and the props. We are also working very closely with Wayne mcgreg at, the choreographer. We discussed these two very important entrances of these schools of magic, and having seen these drawings were the boat. The Darmstrang boys were very masculine at the big funny coats, these Bulgarians Frey winter coats and this very eloquent French batle outfits. So that was two clear distinct styles of music and each both had to be a strong entrance. So we all discussed this, all these different elements, and what was very satisfying was when we came up with the idea for the boat for the Damastrang boys to have staffs rather than one, to make them even stronger. And the first piece of music I presented was the music for the Darmstrang Boys and the length of this music is exactly the same length as were shot in the film, which is unusual was cut make sure to mke use the music as part of the discussion and the inspiration. But what I asked for was if I could be I was there on the set where they shot this scene and the entrance Robba Bone Girls to supervise it from a music point of view, and then when the staffs hit the ground, I asked to be involved in the post production posts after that with the editorial team with Mike Osley to discover to make sure that starts and hit the ground landed on the beat. These are the things that take place unknown to the public who were watching. It may look very fluid, but in fact it's very very insact and very very scientificate and very musically precise. So to be there on that day to see these wonderful dancers and these guys come here with the staffs and all the wonderful acrobatics was just absolutely incredible. And to see all that come about, had to be involved in the tiny of it was unique for a.
Speaker 2: Composer, absolutely, and I can straight away I can.
Speaker 1: I just could tell you right now, like I can visualize that scene and I can hear the music, you know, just straight away. So is there sort of beats in a in a script that you sort of circle and sort of think, oh, that's the music's like really going to be important there, And not that the music isn't always important, but there's areas where are like that, really the music's really going to help tell the story there.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that scene in particular was absolutely vital. And also the Potter waltz. This was a very important moment, and Mike described it in detail about it's just that off as a absolute wish and a bang and and final enough. I actually signed the theme in a meeting be had I, uh, because I love that, So I thought, hold on, so I asked my I asked my music editor, who works with the composer in more films, and if he has a music paper, so he had to be in his notebook, and I wrote down five lines which you call a stave and a treble cleff, and I wrote this tund dumb bar, and then we went on in the meeting. And then a couple of weeks later I said to my my music aswer, you don't buy any chance to have that news paper that's about the shoot. So fortunately I haven't it down and it must become a very sort of well known piece so this has happened during the excitement and all the study that you have with the filmmakers. But yes, to answer you a question in a broader sense, I knew that the scene between Harry and Baltimore at the end, the sort of standoff, the one standoff, I knew that was going to be a very challenging scene, and of course I knew there would be attad to This was very different this picture, as you know, in that it was a much darker story, and there was romance in this picture, so I knew these Moody's character was very strongly introduced, and so I knew that there were all these various mood changes. There was a eue ball clearly. I was working with Javis Corcer, so the whole thing was very eclectic, and so I knew where there'd be actually music on screen. For the music as the underscore, I knew would have to be read and challenging, and I made it fairly contemporary modern symphonic writing because the story I felt was more mature and was heading in a much more adult, stronger direction. So it was the imagery, of course, and the scope and the size of these films is a gift for a composer, a real gift.
Speaker 1: So was it sort of you know, you had to have those really dark moments but also these lovely romantic, lighter moments that you get to write.
Speaker 3: Well, well, there was there was the eue ball clearly, which was them. I mean, I mean, and look a look at looking back on the excitement, the excitement of the entrance for example, of the the mobat songs and and the Downtown boys. It was it was obviously there was romance there when when the girls arrived for the boys, and the boys arrived for the girls, you know, and such for memories of that, and that really is instilled a lot of having been in a st visceral look of watching literally the actors there in in the moment. And I also have very very fond members of that because my daughter, Abigail, she was part of my music team. And my daughter was the voice of Naghini the snake in the opening of the movie what she tells Baltimore his conversation has been listened to by the old man. She's also the voice of Brindlers in the Lake and the also the Menormaid because is and when Harry tries to save two friends Underwater. My biggest moment in the movie is where she sings the mermaid riddle, which Harry he is when he opens the gold Underwater. Now, she was there during all the woe by stuff, the bow battens and the entrance of the Darmstrang and the eu ball so and I remember particularly in the eu ball Ball watching the one where all these they all sort of gathered. Then there every say, from the beginning of the Walls, and that was a particularly striking and memorable moment. And it's said in that huge hall is unbelievable, just incredible. And Nevile's Walls was interesting because it's so sort of like awkward and everything else. It was a wonderful moment with the coup about when coming up with this really delicate, simple walls that would would bring these literally these people together, and then it's awkward but romantic way. But I suppose the most the more dramatic moment was the High was tubed up in the up in the castle turret, and that was when High in Winter Bus came into my head and I felt this, this this seemed is so strong that I asked the producers if I could extend it and turn it into a set alone piece. Was it was such a wonderful moment, but quite a short moment. And then so they gave me that of extending it into a concert piece to celebrate this amazing romance in this amazing movie.
Speaker 1: When you write something like sorry Harry and Winter is like one of my absolute favorites. When you write something like that, do you have a good feeling that it's going to be the one that the audience really things onto or are you always surprised by what becomes a fan favorite.
Speaker 3: We'll tell you what. What surprised me well as a good, very good question for when I wrote High and went to I asked if I could extend it because I felt strongly well David David Hammon reacted, he said, I love this theme, so he is sort of vindicated my feeling about it that it was quite a strong melody in itself, so he is I had a feeling there is me connect well with the public. But the two other pieces that really surprised me was the Porter Walls. Yeah, it was fun, but it's become hugely popular and I've found that to be quite astonishing. And also the Hogwark March, and I had a real challenge writing that piece because I tried really these things from my and he said, I'm not sure. See I'm not sure, darling, I'm not sure. It's not quirky enough, it's not mad enough. So portually with my brass bandys Bllions, I played in brass bands at school, and I was written for a musical point of view. It's written for the brass in our orchestra, which is in good rumpets but not in tube but not other brass instruments, a bit more like French hornity, et cetera anyway, But it sounds, it sounds, it sounds a trick. It does a trick. So that has become extremely popular. And there's a funny key change in that which is really really part of the tradition of that kind of march. We never do if you were writing it for like a proper sort of orchestra. But because it was Bob Watson, my waters, I mean strange. I did that. I thought that jars, but now it sounds so normal. It broke a big rule in the music book. So that's but that was inspired by I was in Hold in France and and and I couldn't come up with that melody, and a little band came in with a clarinet, a trumpet player, a person with a little percussion coming randomly in the door and sort of marks around the room. I thought, wow, just make my head rather and that again and wrote just a melody down. Yeah, that became the whole about March. So it's amazing how these things come out of your total immersion in a wonderful as point out, an incredible production is incredible production team and all the key players were just amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, and it sounds so you know, I just think it's really interesting that I would think if I was to write a piece of music, which I would never be able to do, but I would have to sit down and I would think the price would be like sit down and think about it.
Speaker 2: But it sounds.
Speaker 1: Actually, it's more when you're out and about and talking. That's where you kind of get inspiration and hear things and think, oh that elements of that good work, which is really interesting.
Speaker 3: Well precisely, there's there's those two things. You you sit down and have your moments, but you have to listen to the director, you have to listen to filmmakers. You have to study in this case, I had to study very hard. The wonderful uh set design, the caution design, the choreographic movements, the obviously this incredible script and these young, wonderful actures, and all the narrator, the storytelling, the whole, the whole, I suppose, the whole worldwide phenomenon. All of that comes into your head. All of this you runs through your head and you start to do decipher it, or you have your quiet moms in your office and you start to write things down. But all of these influences that fly through your head and inform the music, which becomes an organic part of the film. And I think if you're working that way to me working earlier on the picture, using all these things that we've discussed, really bears fruit in a score and it gives it. As is the case for this film which has great longevity. You haven't done your homework. Yeah, soon shows you how much work each department, including the news department, has put into this film. And the film stands a test of time. It's an annual it's a continual phenomenon, and to be part of that and to have my music discovered for each generation is an incredible honor. I'm so glad. No, I wouldn't do otherwise that. I put my heart and soul into it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. I think you can tell because it's just so. The music is just so beautiful.
Speaker 2: It really really is.
Speaker 1: Like I just I wish I had a bet abuse knowledge to convey better how I feel about it. But it's just so beautiful. But you know what's really interesting and I didn't. I don't know if you've seen this that on TikTok, people remixing the Hogwarts March. Have you seen any of these videos?
Speaker 3: Excuse me, I've got a bit of a chested cold here. Yes, my daughters showed me the other day, and this absolutely hysterical. It's so it's such fun. You know, I had no idea until my daughter showed me this and she filmed me. Well, I reacted to this, so I have. It just made me laugh so much. Yeah, I'll occasionally see you online, and I don't if I really go and listen to my music. Once I've done it, you hear it occasion on the radio whatever. But occasion I will see someone who don't want arrangement of something or that's fine, But this whole TikTok for normal and it's just very recently. I discovered it.
Speaker 1: That's brilliant, now, I said a while ago, and then I thought, I have to ask you if you've seen it, because if you hadn't going to show it to you.
Speaker 3: But literally a few years ago. It's very funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, brilliant. So what would you say was the biggest challenge that you had.
Speaker 3: One of the most challenging things was the death of Cedric worried me because it was such a huge thing in the series of looks and the films, and that concerned me when that was looming your head, so I had to And it was also the battle between how and Walde War at the end. I found those those two pieces in particular, very very challenging. You can imagine yourself in Appeared losing your your child. I felt that I owed it to this great story and these great filmmakers and to the sea used to do my best work. So I can also see those two pieces where it was challenging.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because with Cedric Dyan, because actually I interviewed Mick Ordsley a couple of weeks ago, and I think it's.
Speaker 2: You know, the it just all marries.
Speaker 1: Together so well because it's the acting, you know, and he says my boy, and I mean it's and then sort of like the stillness of the scene, but then the music all just comes together and it's I mean, whenever I watch it, I've seen the film probably a hundred times, I just have instant tears just springing into my eyes. It doesn't matter how many times I see it. And it's just like such a beautifully sad moment in the film.
Speaker 3: Well I've presented for each department and really is a collabolution and great acting, and it's a very very moving scene. And these are these are seasoned actors, and uh, it's such a bonding and this previous scene really really projects that moment literally physically and visually, and you've just been through this cathatic experience. And then this boy is killed as a result of it. He becomes a victim of this due so that itself was it was shocking for for for hiring, for all his friends at the school and viewers. So all of these things I hopefully try to capture in the music, and I had it. I had the strings placed very high, what they call a higher register, so almost live. His little soul is going his young soul is going into heaven, and I wanted to give it as sweet, gentle, angelic quality as possible, but also with some deep, deep moments as I've come down in the strings to the lower registers, to give it some real deep part as well, but to to to get to really capture a sense of the sadness of a loss of any any child. I mean, I have great memories of in that film working with two great friends of mine, Robbie Coltrane and Alan Rickberhood along with us. But every time I think of him, I think of that film when I think of meeting Robbie and the trailer of Alan Rut's clok My Clip.
Speaker 2: It's such a good talent.
Speaker 3: I've known, I've known I've known Robbie, I know for a long time. I met Alan Rickman the way back in nineteen seventy eight, going Robbie at the same time, so to be part of and I never worked a movie with with with the Robbie at that point, I had worked with Alan in a sense and sensibility, So to meet those two people again on that in this incredible picture was but it was very, very poignant. So anyway, it's a very sad thing when when you're the Sunday So it's it's part of the universal life. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then so is it interesting when you sort of you know, obviously you know Robin and Anam, but you're sort of working on music that sometimes underpins their characters and what they're doing in the scene.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a very stradie experience when you when you know the person, but those characters are so clearly delineated that and in their own world that you you really invest, as does the audience in the characterizations. I remember there's a loving moment during your ball work. I think it's I think it's the pot of Walls when when he's giving the eye to vaccines, but it gives it Am, I actually give him so it would been figures. And I told about this, you watched the film comes up. I've given you a little moment. So he loved that. We talked about the premier again, a wonderful memory to have that premier with the whole family. It was just faberous and of course that was very many moments with Stiep and dark moments. So oh, it was just some great memories, wonderful memories.
Speaker 2: So is that it sounds like Harry Potter.
Speaker 1: It is slightly not your usual way you would, well, it's the most usual way, but not always how you would work as a composer on the film.
Speaker 3: Well, I watch in similar ways on the film, but not quite as long as And it was such an eclectic selection of you. I mean, there was waltzes, there was a huge dramatic moments. There was two walls. In the fact, there was a always in the blast Ban March. There was a working with Javis Javis Cocker was was was an added sort of bonus that was very different and very romantic music, very dark music. So and there were and also in fact Mike asked me to write a tune for the whole work song which has never really appeared there, so that was another challenge. I remember I tried two versions of that for him and he wasn't quite sure. And then eventually I thought of the third version. In the back of a cab on the way to the meeting, I thought I would have like a arrived like London's burning with all the houses. So it demanded every piece of musical arsenal. But there was great tragedy, romance, there was there was dancing, there was intrigues, there was huge dramatic moments, so it was extremely challenging school quite a long period.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and actually I shouldn't circle back to Jervis Coccot because that's actually quite unique in terms of none of the other composers that have worked across the franchise actually did that sort of music, like you said, sort of on screen music that you worked with him that would then be actually in real life, if that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yeah, it's it's on screen music and also underscore music. Yes it was. It's in many films, but it was particularly prevalent and important in the corp of Fire. So my involvement was both a practical and artistic prerequisite really for working on this picture, and it's really the all the way I would like to work on this picture. Had to be toltally immersed in it, and it took over over a year of my life, but it certainly was a fantastic experience.
Speaker 2: So you helped Javis write the strings for the music for the Is that right?
Speaker 3: Well, there was a there was a stringline on top of the song, which I added that that is something that's very common in certain songs where the composer of the songs. They come up with the lyrics and the song, and an orchestrator or proposer comes in and went requested and adds something perhaps on top. So there was a little symphonic magic on top of this, this wonderful magic song. So I add stringlines to come down to Javas, come down to Shep the studios and recorded it there. So and I work with him one Great Expectations another film, and that was erected by Alphatic who did the third Yes, so and we got on terribly. Will I have great respect for job, which is a oneerful, wonderful person, and the group were lovely and you writes fabulous music. So that was a treat to work together and a real keat.
Speaker 1: Absolutely because it also reminds me that another one of my absolute favorite childhood films is a Little Princess, and I actually think there's quite a few similarities between the music and The Little Princess and the music and Goblet of Fire.
Speaker 3: It's possible because composers have a certain style, certain types of intervals you use. In terms of the melodic writing. I can tell if it's a piece buy back or what's art or they're setting intervals of using music or setting how many progressions they like. So this is a this is fine because this, this, I suppose, is what they call your own voice. And so I take that as a great compliment.
Speaker 2: Oh good, thank you.
Speaker 1: And so just a little bit more about the way that you then sort of create the music. So it starts that you might have an idea and sort of write the music, and then you set up a piano and flesh it out more, and then does it go to ancau.
Speaker 2: How do those sort of steps work.
Speaker 3: Well, it's interesting because when I started working on the prop of Fire, at that point I worked more or less on the piano and wrote everything by hand piano and didn't use computers. But I went through a transition period where I invested in computers and started to work with programmers. Really this this is a an enormous change because a need for people to hear not just a piano playing part of the but hopould start with an orchestra. So composer had to invest in by samples of orchestral instruments and mock up and create the artificial orchestra with artificial instruments were if I basic clear so, but with so with high protect it was a bit of a highbrood experience. I wrote a lot of it with handwriting, and a lot of it on computer, which now is everyone has. It's essential. But my initial work even today, I'll sit at the piano and I'll work on ideas on themes and maybe main themes, and then then I'll go and I started thrash out in terms of the orchestration on the computer in the in the case of the death of I, that was all written by hand on the score and there was nothing in the computer. I wrote that as a as a as a stand alone piece for Justice string Orchestra, which I compose it occraction myself by hand. It's quite it's much more taxing tourisum I had than it is using computers, because you're a phrase. It goes really bit low, you quite right up my hand, all be long and it's really tired. Whereas if you just play on the keyboard and there's someone beside you, you can see look, can you quantize that it's especially used that was can make those semi papers very clear, and you'll think you'll just principe that will do it into automatically a bit like L A A. I. It reads it and it knows exactly what you mean. So that takes away so much blind and sweat and physical energy in your brain that your day is a quarter in terms of its brain exhaustion. But when your times taking up with a lot of kick cast, so is that balances itself one way or the other. Either way, I tend to start my id is at the piano, but also in my head I begin to hear after all the discussions the music in my head. That's very lucky I have that facility.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, And then so that will then print I'm guessing music, and then you take that to an orchestra and record it live for what actually ends up in the film.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, yeah, absolutely what happens then the music is then you have the final orchestration where you put in so you could write a piano sketch of the Potter walls or indeed of Neville's walls. Then you have to orchestra and you have to transcribe it for a string orchestra or a full Saphy orchestra with woodwinds and brass everything else. Now that is then sent and it's then sent to an orchestrator who cleans that up, and that's then sent to the copy is and the copy of sent prints all the individual parts or the orchestra. Yeh. Then that is sent to the score I all the different sections of it. You when you're writing music for a picture, you spot the picture, i e. You you start at one spot and finish at the other, and you work your way through the whole picture chronologically if you can. Otherwise it jumps away, but either way you have Let's see if the opening of the picture we have one M one one that's real one music to one one in one that's the open titles of Harry Potter, then the conductor has that you have one M two and anywhere to you reel to one to do and so on. So there's a whole pile of scores there. And the conduction goes through every moment of the picture, and you sit down with you as a director, and you even tweak it and change it on on the day. But ultimately this species is a huge machine. The same thing happens with all departments. They have ideas that are noted down, they're fleshed out, the core have drawn maybe then they're colored in or they try all the materials, so the whole thing is a constant advancement and improvement and to a final point of acceptance.
Speaker 1: And then is that an incredible moment where you sort of hear it with the full orchestra and you say it all come together and especially with the picture. Is that a really special moment for you in the prison?
Speaker 3: Well, the world is magic. It really is the most magical moment that someone says it's the biggest toy for a composer in the world. It's an incredible toy. And nothing nothing, there's no that hasn't been on a moment where I haven't loved my piece pace for the first time. But the real orchestra, it's so a guy, human beings, and they're looking for guidance and looking for acceptance and looking for involvement. And in my case, they're always enthusiastic I've found and they also bring you something and ideas even at the final moment, what about this place? There's been that way. So all part of the creative course is nothing appears you for your first film when the oxygen bust into song for the first same but I never tire of it. It's a wonderful thing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And do you have from sort of the whole process of making the Goblet of Fire, do you have a favorite memory?
Speaker 2: And it doesn't even have to to do with work.
Speaker 1: It could be I know someone told me once it was that they used to play I think it was like baseball or football outside the lots on the studio, and they just loved playing all the different teams. So it doesn't have to be music related, but obviously it can be music related to its music.
Speaker 3: Really well, I suppose my favorite moment, as I said earlier, was the d I was working with my daughter Abigail on on set and all the videos things that she did in the film, and I'm involved with her as well as everything else will discuss which I have that a family member who was very close working on such an incredible project was amazing, amazing.
Speaker 1: No, it's lovely to share it because my brother and sister both came as extras for a couple of days when I was working on it, and I think it's when it's something like Harry Potter, it's actually so lovely to be able to share it and for them to see firsthand what you're doing and what you're working.
Speaker 3: It's really important. It's very important. If you have family, it's very important, brothers, sister, as you see friends, this is your family to just it's nice to share what you're passionate with other people who are equally passionate. But there were and also see where you derive such passion funds. So yes, it's to have that family connection. Was just marvel, isn't it. The fact that may give Abby an opportunity to do all these different things with the biggest voices of the in the animated characters was just amazing.
Speaker 2: And who doesn't want to be a mermaid?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Amazing. I'm jealous of Happy being the voice of the manaid.
Speaker 3: Well at the time, she was just like myself, completely intensely into the work. It's one offul on reflection when when this incredible phenomenon keeps coming back, waves and waves continue that you're very lucky that there's a continual memory. Jogger. I've done many movies that are I'm just as find our own way, and they come by, but not as not like a tidal wave that continually comes in. A tide come in. Now, this is extraorditude. So so I'm being constantly reminded how a lucky I was to be a part of this incredible franchise.
Speaker 1: So that was Patrick, is it me or does he do the best?
Speaker 2: And Rick ad impression?
Speaker 1: It really caught me off god, but it really made me laugh. He is fantastic. So thank you Patrick for being a guest and being so wonderful. So, as I said, I kind of don't want to say back next week because I just am going to release episodes as and when they are done, but there definitely will be more episodes to come. As always, thank you guys so much for listening. I'll definitely put on my Instagram when the bonus episode's going to be out. I don't know if it will be this Friday, but it will be a Friday coming up, but I will let you guys know, and
Speaker 2: Yeah, love you all and have a magical week.