Speaker 1: Pretty proud of myself today because I go to the Cariboo cabin over in chan Happening short View at the corner of seven and forty one every morning. Chloe's my girl. She's my girl. I pull up and she starts off with the Hi, good morning, and welcome to the chan Hassen Cabin. What can I and I stop her so she doesn't have to say her whole speech. So she'll start and I'll recognize her voice because it's not always her, and I'll say good morning, Chloe. And because I and I said, I feel bad cutting you off in your speech, He's like, no, I'm glad you do, so I don't have to say the whole thing. So I pull up and there's a trivia question. You know, you get a dime off if you get the trivia question right. Yeah, And sometimes they have a new one, and sometimes it's been the same one since yesterday. So I'm pretty proud of myself. I gave her a new trivia question and they're using it today. Is it it is? What Rapper's real name is? Calvin Bradus. Now you probably know who it is, right I don't. Oh, you don't know, Okay, do No, you said, what rapper's real name is Calvin Broadus. No, I don't, And I think that the choices were DMX, fifty cent snoop and somebody else. No, not DMX, it's fifty nope. His curd is something.
Speaker 2: See I because you seem to struggle to find the other one. So I went with context clues with the first.
Speaker 1: I get it, it's it's snoop. And so if you go to the Caribou cabin in Chan happened in Shoreview today you know the answer and it's a dime off, so not bad. I was pretty proud of myself. It's like, yeah, I'm on the radio. I want a flamethrower of a radio station. But that's old, you know what I mean, that's old. I've been doing that for years. But to get on the trivia and Caribou is like, look at that. I'm kind of famously show you what I know. Before we get into the Minnesota goodbyes, is there anything else random, unusual that you guys want to talk about that you haven't talked about on the radio.
Speaker 2: I can talk about the fact that I'm going out of town this weekend and there's a piece on my camper van because I'm going in the van.
Speaker 1: I saw you charging up your camper van last night. Fucker is giving you trouble again.
Speaker 2: Her name is b I just drove her a couple of weeks ago, and I went to get in it last night and it's not working. I've never had to jump start it before. So I'm out there. My neighbors are watching me. They're like offering my help, and I was like, I just wasn't in the mood to like have an audience, and I was like, I'll figure it out. Like I need to figure it out. Is mainly what I needed to do, because I need to know how to do stuff like that. But anyways, the main reason is I needed to fix a piece on the van. And my solution is I'm using a zip tie to hold a piece of the van together, and I drove it last night on the highway to see how it did because I'm heading up to like the North Shore area. Yeah, and I I don't know because the van does have some issues. So the problem is the area that's being held together is rusty, and I'm scared that the rust is just going to slowly chip away even more with the zip tie and the piece is going to fly off and I'm not gonna have any way to fix it.
Speaker 1: What's the piece that's fallen off?
Speaker 2: So you know the like like a black piece that kind of goes around the tire.
Speaker 1: Til Yeah that piece Okay.
Speaker 2: Literally, like part of it is on and the but the front part isn't. So the wind coming at it is hitting that front part and making it flail off to the side, Like half of it is flailing off.
Speaker 1: So what did you zip tie it to a hole in the rust? Yeah? So you zip tied hand of this. So you zip tied a hole in the rust around the the whatever you call it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's like another hole that like used to have a screw that attached to the rust, but both have broken off, and so I used that hole to zip tie the piece through another hole of the rust.
Speaker 1: To the van. Yeah. So is it a necessary piece of the camper van? It would still run without.
Speaker 2: It, Absolutely it would.
Speaker 1: I would. It's kind of more decorative. It probably serves a purpose.
Speaker 2: It does serve a purpose because I think it protects the wheels of some sort. I think that's one of the main purposes because it kind of I don't know, I shouldn't say protects the wheels, but I think the purpose of it is something with the wheels. So that was my quick solution. And if it lasts me even like one day this weekend, I'll be proud of myself and then we'll just go from there. Or I'm going to like lose a piece on the highway on thirty five this weekend.
Speaker 1: I guess if you did, you know what, then it still runs. B is probably not going to last forever. But she's doing. She's doing. Okay, Yeah, she's hanging in there, all right. This one starts off with them. It says I want to stay anonymous. Okay, Hello, want to chime in about something that came up on the show the other day. Vaunt said he saw clips of The Weekend's new movie, Hurry Up Tomorrow, and something along the line to the movie looking cringe and that the Weekend was a terrible actor, and seems like you all agreed. I could go on forever about how completely wrong you guys were about that, but I will say his art is not for everyone. This movie was loosely based on a situation that happened to him a few years back and how he lost his voice in front of a crowd of eighty thousand people at Sofi Stadium. Like I said, I won't bore you with the details since you probably don't care either way. Just had to defend my man. Lol. No, I'm glad you wrote in about this one. It's not that we don't care, it's just that we all kind of agree. I didn't see his movie Hurry Up Tomorrow, but I saw the Idol, Yeah, and I thought it was cringey and weird, and it made him look weird. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's why we are saying. I don't know that I necessarily necessarily would say he's a bad actor. I just think that, like, he played this character and that show that creeped me out so much, And then I've seen clips and I've seen him on tour, and honestly, the time I saw him, I would put his concert as one of my favorite concerts. But it feels like he's got a creepier energy.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is about it, but it's just not the vibe that I like anymore.
Speaker 1: Like a creepy, sexual, predator ish, abuse ish, manipulative ish kind of a vibe. That's what I got from the movie, and I know he was just acting in the movie the show, but yeah, I just I think he's kind of a creepy weird guy anyway, But a lot of musicians are kind of creepy weird people anyway. Jenny is the seems like the only one in the show that seems to like the week End to some extent. I highly recommend listening to his new album since it's some of the best tunes to hit my ears. Love You All, Dart, Lickety Lick Always and Forever, so thank you.
Speaker 2: I really do like his music. Wicked Games is one of my favorite songs ever. It's so very sexual, but I think it's such a good song.
Speaker 1: You know, you could say that Prince's songs, many of them were sexual. So many of his songs were very sexual, not necessarily as radio hits, But Prince never came a as creepy. He was kind of like sexualized romanticism. Maybe. I know you guys aren't familiar with Prince's songs as I am.
Speaker 2: Doesn't he have a song that has pussy in the title Pussy Control?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think it's called that. And then there was there was one called Darling Nicky where one of the lyrics was saw in a hotel lobby masturbating with a magazine, and it was just it was very overly sexualized, especially for its time. But Prince never came across as like creepy, like you wouldn't mind being in the same room with Prince, whereas the weekend it'd be like, Hey, I'm gonna sit just a little closer to you, and you're like, no, all right, maybe I'm wrong. If you don't like something that we say, we always love to hear from you. Seriously, we are not always right, and you are a member of the show too, so let us know if there's something that you disagree with. We can take it all right. Next one, don't say my name. I'm a teacher with five days left to school nineteen seven, nine, eleven, and twelfth graders. I cannot wait for summer break.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: At the beginning of May, I thought, Wow, this year went by relatively quickly, and I don't feel end of the year tired like usual. Well, this past week I've been coming home and disassociating for four hours when my dogs run around the backyard and I fall asleep on the couch at seven point thirty. I counted today how many times my forty five minutes seventh grade class asked a question. Questions are great, but not when it's me repeating myself a million times, you know, and non exaggeration. I was asked over four hundred questions in forty five minutes. Obviously they all didn't get answered. I started saying, google it. Sorry, I'm no longer taking questions. I also had to tell ninth graders that meter sticks not yard sticks. Meter sticks are not swords, and it's not okay to throw school iPads in the sink. You talked a little about chromebooks for kids. Each kid at my school gets an iPad and we call them pacifiers. They need them to be calm and feel safe, and then they break them, and when they don't pay to fix it, they don't get it back, and then they complain I can't do my assignment. The worst is when they lock each other out for a day because they keep entering the wrong password. This is eighteen year olds too, not just the twelve year olds. AH, send me thoughts and wishes to make it another week. Thank the teachers in your lives. Can I have a staff writer sticker? Yes? I'm going to take care of that right now.
Speaker 3: Power to you, not just middle school, but high school too, Like, I can't imagine teaching four different age groups across.
Speaker 1: That's unusual. Wouldn't you think that's an unusual school setup?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wonder if it's like a smaller school. That is bonkers to me. But hey, power to you. I want I am curious if you like the middle schools better, middle schoolers better than the high schoolers.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was gonna bring up something, but it's a little bit. I don't want to embarrass anybody, because anybody could figure out it was a school that had an unusual guest speaker, and the guest speaker was an unusual choice. And the friend of mine said this was a risky choice for a high school graduation. And I asked her this morning on the way in, like, how did it go? So, yeah, there's believe you. Huh, it wasn't you, was it? What do you mean me?
Speaker 3: Like, you haven't you done commencement speeches?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was the unusual speaker speaking.
Speaker 1: It was me. I did a graduation speech a year ago and a friend of mine asked me to do it, and she said, everybody at the school knows I know you, and they want me to ask you, and I said, ah, and I really don't like it when people use our friendship to get something, you know what I mean. It's slightly irkin when somebody is like, you know, I don't mind helping, but when somebody's like, hey, you're Dave Ryan on KTWB because you're my friend, can I use that friendship to get something that I want? Yeah, And I don't really like that a lot, but I did it. Yeah, And I did the graduation speech and it went over really well well, which now she says, see, you're glad you did it, And I think it's true. I think there's a lot of things we don't want to do, but we're glad we did them, like going to the gym. A lot of the time, I don't want to go to the gym, but I go and I get in the car afterward and I'm like, I'm really glad I went. So maybe there's a lesson in there.
Speaker 2: Something like that. Though with you is like you have to prepare for it. It's like the lead up that's like kind of the dread Actually doing it is never dreadful. It's just like you got to prepare for that shit. You want to like do a good job. And so like for me, if if anyone asked me to give me a commencement speech, I'd be so stressed for like the week leading up.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh, and I really wanted it to not bomb, so I worked on it really hard. And I don't speak from notes because I don't like I think the worst kind of speech you can do is holding your phone and looking at your phone. And that's so common now like bride'smaids and maid of honor and the best man and the father of the bride, they usually look at their phone. And you know, I have some extra qualifications because we don't look at our phone during the show. We just speak off the top of our head and it goes fine. Like yesterday we all did little presentations for Media Bridge and we didn't look at phones. We all just spoke off the top of our head. And I think part of the reason we can do that is because we do that all day on the radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: So anyway, she goes on to say, okay, we did that one. Oh we're done, okay, good, all right, we're not saying your name and your staff writer sticker is on its way next one. This is actually a good one because I think we can get her some help. Morning not sure if this qualifies as a group therapy. I was hoping for some ideas from listeners who have been in this situation. My cousin's eleven week old. Eleven week old is in the hospital for thirty days. For parents who have temporarily lived in a hospital like this, what are some ideas on what I can bring? I would ask them, and I have, but they're the kind of people who will never give an answer, and they're the kindest people who say, oh, don't bring anything so far. I'm bringing mom a book she wants to read, and gift cards for their favorite restaurants. What else would be a blessing? I am open to talking on the radio. And her name is Dawn. I'm going to tell you this right now. There is somebody who listens every day to the podcast. Her name is Ranita, and Rinita doesn't have an eleven month old, but she's got about a twenty two year old daughter who's in the hospital a lot. And Ranita, maybe you can jump in and I won't be here next week. But if you write in you can maybe give her some answers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so Mat to get answers for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you're doing the right thing. Just to find out what can I do? And bringing gift cards in a book, I mean, I think just keep asking what can I do?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Book?
Speaker 3: Maybe like coloring books, things to do granted, like the eleven month old.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you would bring eleven week old eleven? I think we said that. Yeah then yeah, not the real color one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but for your no, mom, like an adult coloring book, just to have something to do with your hands.
Speaker 1: Let's see. Next one is from Secretary Bree and it is an audio rant. And this is the funny thing. Secretary bri is one of the sweetest people ever. She is not a ranter bitcher complainer.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Juan Nita, on the other hand, is a sweet, sweet person, but she puts on this persona when she wants to do a rant. That's funny. But I've met her several times and she's a very sweet person. She's not quiet, she's not you know, like demure, but she's just funny, you know it. I love that you just pulled out demure.
Speaker 2: A second.
Speaker 1: All right, So let's get a rant from Secretary Brix. Here we go.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, you guys, I have such a rant for you. This is a Secretary Brie and they don't normally rant, but my gosh, I'm at the local car wash here and I just watched a woman and her two enormous dogs. She let her dogs shit on the private property of this business and got in her car and started to leave, and then luckily there were people in front of her, so she couldn't just leap right away. I got my ass out of my car, you better believe, and I ran over there and said, hey, you're gonna clean up after your dogs, right, And she's like, I don't have a bag. I said, well, maybe go inside and ask them for one. You can't just leave your dog shit in public. So then I get back to my car because I'm just trying to get a fucking car wash. And I explained to the workers here what was going on and why I was holding up the line, and they were just as irritated. And so we're watching her, and when she's on me talking to them, what does she do. She gives me the finger and says, fuck you who I'm sorry, No ma'am. Fuck you.
Speaker 1: Wow, you and your dogs.
Speaker 4: You let them shit in public, clean it up. If you can't clean it up, don't fucking take them out in public. Oh nothing makes me more mad sometimes. Okay, Sorry, that's all. I hope you have a lovely day, and I'm really sorry.
Speaker 2: If you can hear the car wash in the background of this, Oh, I thought it was I thought it was like she recorded on one those rainy days. I thought it was rain on her.
Speaker 1: I think she's actually in the car wash at the time. Bree, That is funny, you know how I feel about that kind of thing. What I like even more is when somebody gets busted and they're mad at you for busting them. It's kind of like we were talked yesterday about, you know, talking loudly during the movie theater and then you'd be like, hey, can you be quiet or and the person might say, don't tell me what to do, I'll do whatever I want. Like can you just go yep, you know what, You're right. I'm sorry, Just accept it and that is it for the Minnesota Goodbye. I have a great long weekend, And if you got anything you want to write in Bailey and Jenny will be doing the Minnesota Goodbye next week, So if you want to talk shit about me, you definitely can do that right in and talk about.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you should probably listen to it when you're going to.
Speaker 1: Want it would hurt my feelings.
Speaker 3: No, Also, she'll probably be on a couple of them next week, so if you want to askant anything, okay, good.
Speaker 1: There actually is a question for Vont that we didn't get to nice, and that is about redheads being the new black.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, we learned about that.
Speaker 1: What is this anyway?
Speaker 2: I don't fully understand and we all me, Bailey and Vont talked about it the other day.
Speaker 3: Do you understand what it is? It's I just it's a thing that's on TikTok right now where some someone who is black, they said, hey, just so you know, if you're a redhead, you're black. And so then all of these redheads are making tiktoks being like, oh my gosh, I can't believe I'm black now, like this.
Speaker 2: Is the best day of my life, or like there was this one girl that's a redhead and she's like it all makes sense now, and she did a flashback video of her dancing at a college party and she's the only white girl, and she is like breaking it down to like the douggie or the stinky legs what it was, and like all the other people around her are black and they're dancing with her, and she's like it makes sense now, Like clearly I was just people. So I don't understand why they're saying that. If it's probably it's just a bit yeah, like yes, all right.
Speaker 1: Well I'll save that email for you. Send any other emails in to the Minnesota Goodbye Ryan Show at KDWB dot com.