Speaker 1: Subway. No, someone means big barbecue energy, So keep the barbecue vibes going even when the clouds roll in. With the new barbecue Paul Pork's Up. Indulgent Pool Pork on your choice of freshly baked bread, gooby shredded mozzarella and cheddar, crunchy Coasla and tangy pickles, all smothered in a smoky barbecue sauce, now at your local subway. Available for a limited time only.
Speaker 2: Welcome to a Gas Classics twenty twenty six. Four exceptional limited series hand picked for their journalism, craft and storytelling, including Sweet Bobby at Court, Him Red Handed west Core.
Speaker 1: The trial turned on a single witnesses testimony.
Speaker 3: The witness as I didn't do as Gus, Why I'm standing here?
Speaker 2: Carrie Jay does not exist? She offers them exactly that, and then just bales to find out more. Head to acast dot com Forward Slash Classics.
Speaker 3: Warning. This month's Where Did the Road Go? Is sponsored by the following awesome individuals. Greg Ross, Alison Cook, Super Inframan thirty six Dingo, Yvonne Williams and Michael Friske. Thank you so much for helping make this show possible transmissions.
Speaker 4: Don Welcome to Where Did the Road Go? Join us as we wander off the path explore lost history, consciousness, the paranormal, unexplained mysteries, alternative thought, and much more. We are present on the web at Where to the Road goo dot com. Now here is your host.
Speaker 3: Sayah, welcome to this edition of Where Did the Road Go? And I have with me for the first time ever, Saxon.
Speaker 5: I'm really nervous to be on the show. I've never done this before.
Speaker 3: Also for the first time ever, Brennan.
Speaker 6: You gentle, it's my first time.
Speaker 3: And originally Saxon, you and I were going to interview you.
Speaker 5: It's a queen's of mine. Nathan Robert Brown. He's got a cryptid book coming out and let's say, let me pull the ty love it. I just let it go down. It's called The Unexplained Mysteries Scripted Ghosts in UFOs. But Nathan's a really interesting guy and I'm looking forward to when we get to reschedule with him.
Speaker 3: He was a.
Speaker 5: Demonologist for a while. Yeah, he's written some other interesting books. He's got one about Lilith, has an anthropology background and I don't know he he'll fit in well. I think with the word of the road, go a greater crew of folks.
Speaker 3: Nice. Nice, and also I want to point people to h Yeah, I also close the thing I needed there. It is Danielle Drake dot com and that's d A n I E L L E d r a i K dot com. And she is doing hopefully she'll be on the show soon. But she's doing artwork based on experiencers experiences, like she's translating them into artwork from what they're describing. And she has some really cool stuff on the website and she's going to be doing it. She's particularly focusing on the Ithaca area right now. So if you're hearing this and you've had an experience and you want to share it with her, just go to that website and her info's there. But she'll, like I said, hopefully, she'll be doing something some kind of a I can't remember the name of it for the life of me, but basically an art exhibit for a couple of weeks in Ithaca in October of all this this stuff. So yeah, check that out.
Speaker 5: That's really cool. Her Instagram's awesome and.
Speaker 3: She's very cool. She she also I think we'll fit in here very nicely. And let's see. So tonight is go wandering the road show because well we had to change things up at the last minute. That's all right, Brennan. You I'm gonna I'm gonna let you start, Brennan, because you said you had a personal encounter thing. Was this the Apple Ganger?
Speaker 4: It was?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I tell you, man, without a doubt, this was the strangest thing that's happened to me since I first saw Shadow people. Yeah, yeah, I know, I goofun here a lot, but this is this is straight up one of the weirdest things that's happened to be in a very long time. So now I I'm now living in Toronto. I've been here about a week, but prior to that, I was living for a couple of years in London, Ontario. And about ten days before I moved, it was a beautiful, i want to say, Saturday evening and I decided to go for a walk. I left out the building through the rear door, tossed my trash in the dumpster, and then walked around to Grand Street, which runs paralleled next to where my building is. My building, my old building is on what's called right Out Street, and so the building is quite a long building. It runs most of the like I would say, most of the block on ride Out and Grand. So typically what I would do is I would cross right out, which is quite a busy street, and then right in front of my building there is a T junction and there's another street called Elmwood that goes up to the sort of local neighborhood village. So I thought, okay, I'm going to come around the side of the building, crossover right out to and then walk up Elmwood and walk to the village. Well, traffic was pretty heavy that night, and so I was thinking, okay, maybe I'm not gonna be able to cross against the light. So instead of trying to cross right at the corner, I just kind of kept walking in front of my building until I was directly across from Elmwood. And as I was looking up Elmwood, I saw my friends who happened to live in the same building as me. I saw them standing with their dog across the street underneath the tree. And now I should say I saw them standing. I actually thought I thought I saw them run across the street because I saw movement, and then I saw them standing there with their dog, so I thought they had run across the street to beat traffic. Now it was it's a running joke between us that they always see me first. I am terrible at observation when I'm out for a walk. So, folks, if you ever see me, I can't imagine why you wouldn't if he ever did anything. Oh Brendan, wave at me or wave back? What a jerk? I mean, yes I am. But also I just didn't see you because I am lost in my head. And so I thought it was funny that I saw them first this time, so I went. But then I so I was standing there looking at them with them and the dog, and then I thought, oh, it's weird they haven't said anything, or it's weird they haven't like seen me, because usually they're right on top of it. So I thought, oh, maybe, you know, it's a couple. Maybe they're having a moment too, they're having a you know, they're keeping conversation. I'm not going to interrupt them, you know. And then it occurred to me, wait, hang on, if they were running across the street, that means they would have had to have started directly across the street from me. So they would have seen me. So the only so if they're not saying anything, because they never do this. So like I was saying, maybe they're just pretending they didn't see, but they've never done that before. But I thought, you know what, again, there are a couple. Maybe they're having a moment. I'll leave them to their devices. We'll talk about it later. So instead of going up Elmwood where I ordinarily go, I kept going down right out until I got to the driveway or building, after which there's a construction zone so you can't keep going yet you have to cross the street. So went for a long walk. That was kind of it. And then about eight thirty I was back at home and my friend, one of my friends, texted me and she's she was mentioning they were back at home. They were watching some kind of movie and she said, you know, if you haven't seen it, I think you would enjoy it. And she said, oh, by the way, I saw you when you were walking. I said, hi from the balcony. You had your headphones on. You must not heard me. And I said, oh, yeah, that's funny. I saw you guys out walking. Marda your dog there. She knows it's their dog. You don't know, it's their dog walking Marda calm their dog. And she came up to see me about half hour later. She says, hey, what do you mean you saw us walking? Marda and I said, yeah, when you guys were said about seven o'clock, when you guys were on Elmwood, I was at the foot of it. You guys didn't see me, So I kept walking. I thought, it's like again, it seemed insane not to go up there. But I thought, if they haven't seen me, or if they did see me and they're not saying anything, there's a reason. So I think we'll laugh about this label. You know, I've known these guys for sixteen years. You know, they know what a guber I am. I know what guber's they are like, there's no secrets, so whatever, we'll just we'll joke about this labor. So I told her that and she said, well, no, that's she said, that's that's when I saw you in the balcony. I said, what do you mean? She says, well, you were You crossed the driveway, didn't you. I said, yeah. And their balcony looks down over the driveway. It's literally right above it, and she said, yeah, I saw you. I told that's when I called you out or called out to you, but you didn't hear me. And I when I go for walks, I have my noise canceling headphones on, so I can't hear anything. It was super cool with your cross on the street sometimes. But yeah, so I said, no, I didn't. I didn't hear you. But I said that's not that's not possible because I didn't. I only crossed the driveway once and that was after I saw you guys across the street. She said nope, nope, because we were not outside at that time. And she asked me to describe what were we wearing. And I said, okay, well, I said, you were wearing your kind of baggy denim shorts and a blue shirt. And she says, those shorts are at the bottom of the hamper. She said, we haven't done laundry yet this week, so I couldn't have been wearing them. I can't wear that blue shirt anymore because it doesn't fit. And I said, okay, well, she said what was he wearing? Her husband, so he was wearing his like kind of pale yellow shorts and his white button up shirt. She's like, nope, he hasn't had that button up shirt for about three years. It tore when we were living in Montreal. He doesn't have it anymore. So the only thing that made sense was that the tree where I saw them, the tree is a tree that their dog likes to hang, likes to go to because she likes to chew the shoots they grow at the bottom of it. But the time I saw them, they were still inside, so it was them. I know it was them again, I've known these people for a very long time, but it could not have been them because they were still in their apartment.
Speaker 3: How does that make you feel?
Speaker 6: Brandon weird? Soriah weird, real weird. Because the other thing is when I eventually had to cross right out, I look back towards Elmwood because I thought, ah, maybe they're gone. You know, I really I don't like going down right out because there's really nothing. You're just kind of going towards downtown, and downtown sucks. So I kind of wanted to go back and look through the village because it's a nicer walk. But as I look back, I saw I thought I saw Marta the dog. I thought I saw her legs sticking out from behind the bush, and I remember thinking, ah, crowd, Okay, so they're still there, you know, so I'm not going to go back yet. But thinking about it now, it doesn't make sense because I don't think Martin is not long enough for her legs to stick out like that. Oh so I don't, I genuinely don't. I don't have an answer, but like it, it didn't look spooky, it didn't feel spooky. It was legitimately, Oh, there's my friends. They're talking under that tree. I will catch up with them later when I see them later, because we'll probably hang out and do something. And then finding out that Nope, I couldn't have been them because they were still inside. And not only that, but they kind of they had kind of had a bit of a bit of a back and forth, I guess, because he had forgotten to do the laundry, and I think he had like something had happened, and he carelessly kind of knocked over the you know, the family bong and it had broken, you know, the house bong, and so she was kind of choked about that. So she said actually when she saw me, it was good for her because she was really happy. She was really mad, and they both had just come home from work, so they both have very stressful jobs, so tensions are already high. So and then she said seeing me down at the driveway was kind of like a bit of a oh because I never walked that way anymore because of the construction, so seeing me like, oh, hey, let's brand And she said it kind of distracted her from what she was. She was like getting kind of working herself up, and that had sort of distracted her. So it's almost like there was a positive outcome of this, but I still feel very strange about it because it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: Well, so you got directed that way because you saw them, which means that they saw you and they wouldn't have otherwise. Yes, yeah, she saw me correct and that changed her mood. So maybe something created that situation to help her release that mood.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's the only thing that makes any kind of sense. As much as it makes sense, that's the one that makes me go okay, Like this helped her. So maybe there's some validity to this, there's a reason, but it's still it just raises a lot oh sure of other questions.
Speaker 3: Did she manage to create a hallucination for you. It's something aside, Oh, you need to walk this way. I'm going to create this image for you.
Speaker 6: Too bad.
Speaker 3: There wasn't someone else that could have been like, oh yeah, no, I saw them too, so you knew whether or not it was only something in your perception or a shared perception.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's and I genuinely have no idea. In another kind of bizarre coincidence, it turns out I was out for a walk the other day in my new neighborhood and I realized that I am living in exactly the same neighborhood my friends and I had said, Man, I think we'd like, we'd all like to live here in this neighborhood when we moved to Toronto cool, and I did not. I'd forgotten about that completely. And I only ended up at this apartment because the other one. I was looking at the woman who was going to be the landlord. When I decided that I was going to do it, she raised the rent of the line, right right, I remember this? Yeah, yeah, So I ended up here, and I was not intending to be here. This was a It wasn't even really what I wanted. I didn't really want to live in a basement because of how dark it can get. But I ended up here and I was walking around. There's a cafe called like the Nut Milk Cafe or something, and of course we laughed about this until our stupid stomach's hurt. And me was saying, like, oh we should you know, one day you'll live near the nut Milk Cafe And now I'm like blocks away from this place.
Speaker 3: Wait, why is it being dark bad?
Speaker 6: Because I don't know. At some point it's nice to see the sun.
Speaker 3: No, it's not. I disagree wholeheartedly with that.
Speaker 6: I mean, my old place got too much sun this. I didn't wake up till nine thirty this morning, which is an hour and a half after I usually wake up, because I smoked the blunt before I went to bed and we had a storm, so there is no sunlight whatsoever. I woke up, it looked like ten pm and instead it was ten am.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, Yeah, like that feeds my depression so much.
Speaker 6: Winter is going to be a bit of a challenge. I'm going to have to have some sun in there.
Speaker 3: You guys are weird.
Speaker 5: Too much time in New York City just because of all the buildings around and not ever really like seeing the sun. It starts to get to me, even though I pretty much prefer being a wicked night. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also I have to say, well, this bong was passed down from my great great great grandfather. This is the family bomb. Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, not an ancestral bond, more like a host bong.
Speaker 3: But that's what comes to mind when you say the family bog, like it's been passed down for AONs and you broke it.
Speaker 6: The sacred bong.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm sure they're out there.
Speaker 6: Oh, I have no doubt. So that was my That was my doppelganger experience. That was very strange.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's really weird.
Speaker 6: Capped off an odd day because it Saturdays. I've been ever since the summer, or sorry, ever since the winter. Rather, I've been spending my Saturdays down in Saint Thomas. The sound of Saint Thomas, Ontario and that and even how I got started down there is kind of a weird series of synchronicities, but I'll get those for now. But that day I was down there, and what I usually do on Saturday is I go down I shoot the breeze with John from Union General Coffee, who has a stand down there. And we were, so we were shooting the breeze. They closed up and we were just standing there next to his trailer as we were just again catching up because he had quite a busy morning and everyone else had left the market, so it was just us. And so when the police truck first passed us by, I thought, oh, okay, they're whatever just scoping us out. I'm sure they must know who John is. He's sold coffee down there every Saturday for four years. But then a cruiser came by a couple minutes later, and I thought, well, that's that's weird, okay. And then the truck came by again and I said to John, I said, maybe maybe we should pack it up. So I went to my car started to leave, and there was another cruiser halfway up on the curb, and that cop was watching out. And then I when I pulled around to go to the record shop, which is usually by second stop those mornings, there was yet another police car. This is a town of forty thousand people, and I'd seen now five or six police cars in the span of about fifteen minutes in the same one block area. It was weird. Nothing happened, it was just weird. And then to have that happen, and then to have that happen and then this thing in the evening. It was just it was an odd Saturday. I don't think it adds up to anything sinister. I don't think there's like a grander scheme at work. I just think it was. It was a weird day.
Speaker 3: Well well the synchronicity s that led up to it.
Speaker 6: So I decided that I wanted to be a little more outward in Ontario, wanted to meet more people. So I decided to volunteer as a bartender for the Forest City Film Festival, and so I did that. Yeah, it was it was a good time. I'm glad. I'm glad I did it. And I ended up meeting someone who told me about this guy who has a food account on Instagram who reviews local food because I was saying that I want to try more local food places. So he put me onto this one sandwich shop that makes these like weird called the Hungry Twists. They make like sandwiches out of Hungarian chimney cakes and yeah, they're tasty. So I went down there one day and I overheard these guys talking about this place called Reed's records, so I wrote it down and I did. At the time, I didn't have a record player here in Toronto here on, but I like looking at records, and I just kept not going there. Finally, in December, I was about to go for a walk. It was a Saturday morning, and I got on the elevator at the same time as one of the property managers for my building, and so we I was talking to him and his wife all the way down the stairs, and then we got to the we got to the ground floor, and it turns out there walk in the same direction. So you still got to make more conversation. Okay, fine, and make a more conversation. Well, then it turns out or walk in the same direction. And at this point I've run out of things to say. I don't I don't want to talk to these people. But again they like when things break down. This is a person who's supposed to be fixing it for me. So I can't just say, like, hey, get out of my life, man. So I pretend that I was intended to go to my car the entire time. So I waved, I walked to the parking lot. Now I'm standing at my car, thinking, OK, where am I going. I was going to go for a walk, and now I'm just standing here staring at the car. Well, there was that record shop. I'll go check that out. So I drive half an hour south to this record shop pull up, and it turns out it happened to be the very first day they were having a puff pop up coffee shop in store, and it was this Union General Coffee. So I went there, bought a coffee, and I ended up talking to the to both Jason who runs Read's Records and John who runs Union General Coffee. I was there for hours. We got along like a house on fire, and it turns out we just really clicked. So every Saturday all through the winter they had this coffee pop up and it was you know, business kind of was good, bad, sort of dependent it. It wasn't amazing, but it gave us opportunities to get to know each other, shoot the breeze and yeah. And so it turns out that because I volunteered at this at this film festival and I bought a sandwich in this shop and heard about this place, and then because I was socially awkward and didn't want to talk to my property manager, I met these two cool guys and ended up like I now have a nice little record collection. As I was describing off Air and John, like, I'm quite friendly with both of them. You know, we hang out every Saturday and shoot the breeze and we're gonna be doing a barbecue here when I head back to Onterret, when I head back to finish cleaning out my apartment. So just a series of coincidences, but it all kind of lined up perfectly. Reduce these new people to my life, and then meet to theirs.
Speaker 3: So now everyone knows your schedule, everyone knows my Well that was before.
Speaker 6: I don't I don't do that now, but I mean, hey, you want to come find me it reads Records Saturday mornings. You might find me there. And I don't know why you'd want to find me there, but you're welcome to.
Speaker 3: And Brennan is a very small, dimutative man. He has very very long hair, very long hair. Yes, can't miss him.
Speaker 5: But also if you go in, you should you should definitely buy records.
Speaker 6: That's true, five foot four long. I kind of looked like a homunculus.
Speaker 3: Right a little bit. Yeah, I didn't want to say that, but yeah, very kind let's see my weird stuff. I got again had an incident where I'd laid down to go to sleep and heard a worrying noise in the ear in my right ear that was against the pillow. Didn't make anything of it, like, didn't even really notice it until it changed pitch and slowed down, like like whatever was fueling it was turning off. And then I was like, wait, where is that coming from? Like there's nothing that makes that noise. And this has now happened numerous times, Like I know all the sounds that everything makes, this is not one of them. So I don't know what to ascribe that too, because I've heard it Like this time, I think I was like I had kind of woken up and heard it, and then it like it was just like we were like like almost like a fan running kind of thing, like an engine spinning, and then it would just like it's just like it lost power and it slowed down and stopped, and then I was like, wait a minute, that's not a thing, Like what what just happen? Other times it's happened as soon as I'd laid down, and I've been like, wait, why am I hearing? What is that? And I and then it just stops, So I don't know if I remember. Yeah, I was gonna say, I don't know if it's like a Kundalini thing, because I mean that can give you audio hallucinations, and my Cundellini does tend to spike up when I go to sleep, which is always fun when you're trying to get to sleep, by the way, So I don't know if it's that or if it's some other kind of like hypnogogic thing, but it's happening a decent amount, and it's just it's one of those I noticed more when it stops and then I'm like, wait, where was that sound coming from?
Speaker 6: Well? I remember reading in Dark Intrusions, Lewis Proud's book about sleep paralysis. He mentions that there's there are some sounds that a company that people were hearing. Yeah, and one of the it wasn't what you're describing, but it was like a dentist's drill, like call wine.
Speaker 5: Oh interesting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, it's been a long time since I've read it. And what's weird is I remember one night or sorry, one day, I was at work in the back of my old office, the haunted office that I always talk about and they had or sorry. I hopped on a Skype call with one of our engineers and as we're chatting, we heard this. I heard, I heard this like wine, this sort of like yeah, sound like a dental drill and or a drill rather. And so after it was done, I said, oh, you haven't some work done at the house and he said, I was about to ask you the same thing. He said, that wasn't me, but we both heard this intense drilling noise.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sorry, you had like the British accident woman's voice you heard before too.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, yeah, saying hello.
Speaker 5: I don't know, that's interesting, you know. I would please something the other day that was talking about some of the lights that people would see coming into their rooms. They thought they were probes that were monitoring them or something like that. I don't know why that brought that to mine. Interesting and I've never had a go ahead, Brintan, what's that?
Speaker 6: I was just curious to know what the British lady says to straya Hello.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's literally I'll be laying a bed awake and I'll hear from the other room hello, Hello, and then obviously there's no one there.
Speaker 6: That's wild because that happened to Nick and I once. Really yeah, back when we when we were waiting for her immigrant paperwork to process. We were still living in the UK. We're living with her mom, and we were in I woke up in the middle of the night and I heard a woman's voice on the other side of her bedroom door saying, hello, Peter, are you in there? Peter? And I didn't know what to do because it wasn't it wasn't her mom's voice. And then Nick got up. I thought to answer the door, and I remember saying what are you doing? And she looked at me all sleepy and said, I'm gonna go pee. So it was she hadn't heard it, but I had absolutely heard this, this British woman's voice on the other side of the door.
Speaker 3: In this case, I will say the voice almost it was like Steph Young. Interesting, So yeah, I don't it hasn't happened in a long time, but it's just one of those things that, like what happened on occasion, I'd be like, the hell, it's the voice again, And Steph Young is just living in your walls like a frogger. She's projecting here.
Speaker 5: I hope that that she's got some kind of like familiar that's like Jeff the mongoose. That's what you hear, like hitting the roof now and then and then stuff too.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, that hasn't happened in a while. Luckily. I always worry it's something that's going to cause damage more than anything else.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that would be no good. I had a robotic voice one time. It was like a robotic female voice. But that's that's the only time I've ever had that. And I really couldn't tell you what was said other than I just heard somebody talking.
Speaker 3: I had that, and I wish I could remember what it was, but it was from It was after the ghost Hunters Live thing, the last one they did, because Grant was very obviously faking stuff. Yeah, and I think it was the first one that he was obviously faking stuff on, and it seemed like Jason was really upset about it was kind of trying to thwart him off from doing it, and I mean, not knowing exactly what was going on, I speculate that Grant was like, look, all these other shows are finding stuff. We can't do this like six hour live show and not find things. You know, and Jason was probably like, no, we don't do that, and I'm guessing that's where that's where that came from. But there's there's a hallway that they walked past or a room they walked past, and this electronic voice says something and I mean it sounds like a recording, and he triggers it both times he walks past the door, and Jason's literally ignoring it, going that's nothing, We're not going to look at that, and which again is a weird response if he thinks it's something real because he obviously heard it. And so that that night, I'm like really annoyed after watching this thing, very disappointed in them, and I'm like, it didn't even sound like a real voice. And then I wake up at some point during the night and from my closet a voice that sounds exactly like that says something completely absurd, and I did not write down what it was at the time, but like I just kind of laughed and went, okay, all right, So just because it sounds fake doesn't mean it is fake, right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: You know, mine sounded very like, oh, like you would hear a woman's voice, like a robotic voice on a subway or something announcing a stop. Oh okay, a movie or something like that. So it's like, you know, airy and hollow and a little bit of that like sound wave reburb effect from the Transformers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: I wish I also knew what it said, because I don't remember anything. It's just something going to happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of this stuff is just something that happened, you know. I've had the beeps and stuff or sounds that like, for the life of me, it sounds like my phone is making and I'm like, what the hell, why is my phone making that noise? And I'll pick up my phone and my phone will not be doing anything, but it will be on like it was doing something, and it's like, my phone doesn't make these noises.
Speaker 7: What was that?
Speaker 6: I always just assume THAT'SU Like, was it Saudi spyware the Pegasus stuff?
Speaker 3: Maybe right? And I'm like, okay, was that just in my head? Was that sort of a hypnagogic thing? Because that was really clear and I was fairly alert and annoyed because it woke me up. So I had one other weird thing happen, and this I got on camera for what it's worth anyway. So this was something that has happened before, and the most extreme version of it was. And I filled this story many times. I had on like satellite radio whatever on the TV because it was like I got done watching setting through that on was listening to it until ACDC came out, and I don't like ACDC all that much, so I muted it and I walked into the next room, and as I got into that room, the stereo cranked too full volume, and I was like, oh my god. And I went back in there and muted it again, and I was like, what the hell? And then I heard a loud funk for the next room that I was just in, and I went in there and found my mom's old tomato grinder, cast iron tomato grinder that was on the top shelf near the back in the middle of the floor, and I'm like, and then the stereo cranked up again, and I went, are you what the hell is going on? And so I walked in and I muted it and I said, I don't like ACDC, don't don't do that again. And so then nothing happened until I went to record ware at the road Go that night and I know josh was on the call. Might have been josh and Tim. I don't remember exactly, but you both have new books out, by the way, Joshua, Joshua Renner and Tim Kutchen have new books out. Yep, that's that's what my brain was gonna say. Anyway, they both have new books out, Josh and Tim. But the switch on my microphone turned off while I was talking. I didn't hear it. I didn't know, you know, like I didn't know anything was wrong. And they're like, I think we lost Sarayah, And I'm like, what what do you mean? And then it's like I go to like turn the mic off and on, and the MIC's already off and I'm like, well, I didn't do that how And I turn it back on and then like within like five minutes, it does it again. And I was like, what this is weird because I'm like right here, you know, like it's it's an inch or two from my face. And then the other thing that happen is apparently whatever whatever poltergeist this was unzipped the CD case I used to stick to the radio station pre COVID, and it's not something that I could have not zipped, because if I tried to put it down on zipped, everything would have fallen out of it. It had to have been unzipped on the floor where it was. And so the next day when I picked it up, CDs went everywhere and I was like, I'll take it. This happened last night. So the other night I was this is nowhere near as dramatic, unfortunately, But I was cleaning off the table in the library so I could build someone a computer, and the table was just covered with stuff. So I was cleaning it and I had my phone streaming through the stereo and instantly it was at full volume. Now here's the thing. If you grab the remote and turn up the volume, it goes up at an arc. It doesn't go from whatever volume you're at to full volume. Say, this was like a snap like and it was loud, and my first thought is like, did I hit my phone because it was streaming from the phone, Like did I hit it and turned the volume up or something. But the phone was sitting at the other side of the room. You know, I'll take and I was like, nope, nope, didn't touch the phone. So I went in and the stereo was cranked as loud as it would go, and then I turned it down and it stayed down, and I was like, what else is gonna happen? But then nothing obvious followed it unfortunately what the camera was in the room, you know, I had the cameras in the room, so I got that. And everyone I've played it for is like, oh my god, you know, like because it jumps so loud so suddenly. So I'll put that up somewhere at some point. There's a bunch of stuff I need to put up. I just got to. I just want to clean it up a little bit, like the videotape jumping off the speaker.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's it's just it's not proof of anything. It's just weird. Like taking it up. Take it for what it is. You know, the stereo cranking up is weird. I don't know what did it. I mean stray electromag I mean, but that's if I say, like, okay, the stereo picked up a stray signal that thought was the remote Still it went from the volume I was listening at two full volume in a second.
Speaker 6: I just love the idea that you've got. There are spirits who desperately want to make you listen to a cy DC.
Speaker 5: That's exactly what I was thinking too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, these are the evil ultraterrestrials. Make him listen to Big Balls again.
Speaker 3: I mean listened after I said I don't like ac DC, so I mean, you know, and it went and did other stuff instead.
Speaker 6: You'll know it's an evil spirit when it's playing one of their new albums.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, here's Satellite Blues or whatever it's called.
Speaker 3: I couldn't even name it. I mean I don't. It's not even that like I hate a CDC. I do hate some ac DC. I just they have one song. Really, it's the same basic idea in different variations, and it just bores me.
Speaker 6: I mean that's fair. I haven't liked the new ACDC album in a very long time. I listened to singles more than anything. I also Satellite Blues. I think it's a single. It's not a I thought it was an album. I thought it was being very clever there, but I know my brain betrayed me.
Speaker 5: You know, I like some of the Brian Johnson stuff, but the Bond Scott a CDC is is really where it's at for me, and some of the stuff that they did together was, Oh no, it's cheeky and fun and a little bit more diverse. Then they got, you know, once they got into the eighties and things like that, And.
Speaker 3: That's the thing, Like the earlier stuff is hit and miss with me, but at least it doesn't sound generic. Yeah, yeah, back in Black, I enjoy that. That's probably the only ACDC album I own. I never listened to it because I've heard it a million times, and you know, there's just so much great new music I don't need to listen to as which is kind of my criteria. A lot of times it's like, yeah, this is good, but it's not as good as these other bands that are new. That makes sense, so especially when you know a band comes back and they do an album. There was someone recently, Crimson Glory. I love Crimson Glory, and they did two great albums in the eighties. Then they kind of or maybe like late eighties, early nineties, they did one after that called Strange and Beautiful that has a couple songs on it that I like, but overall I did not really care for it. Then they broke up and got back together in the late nineties with a different vocalist and I love that record, and then he know, they broke up again. Then they were going to do stuff, but then the original vocalist died, and then they were going to get Todd Latour, who then also was is now singing for Queen Strike and he wanted to do both and they were like no, So now they have a new vocalist. And like this album came out and I'm like, oh, cool, new Crimson Glory and I listened to it and I'm like, I mean, if it wasn't Crimson Glory, this would be just okay. But also being Crimson Glory, it has a lot to live up to and it's just not there. But I know people who are like, oh, it's great, it's I can't believe Crimson Glory are back. I'm like, but it doesn't. It doesn't sound like them. I mean some bands get back together even with like one original member and it still sounds like them. There's still that vibe, that feel that they had, and so many of them it's just like, just call yourself something else.
Speaker 5: Yeah, is it what war that there's like two bands touring is war or something like that.
Speaker 3: There's a bunch of cases like that, actually, you know who, there's two bands of Saxon.
Speaker 5: I wasn ask I walked into that.
Speaker 3: One one is now biff Biffert's Saxon, I think. But technically there are two Saxons. Yeah, and you're in both of them.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean because that's what happens to get like most of the band goes one way and then like one of the members will go the other way. They'll both use the name.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I think with like War, you know.
Speaker 5: The all original band members retired, and like there was a keyboardist or something that had joined the band at some point later in their career, and then he kind of reformed the band somehow, and so like you know, his connection to the original bands like fairly tenuous. Yeah, and then some of the original members decided to get back together, and so yeah, it's it's it's strange.
Speaker 3: There are It's always weird when you have a band that's been going forever and it's like, okay, there's no original members left, Like is it is it even the same band?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 3: It's that what's the name of the ship? Analogy there?
Speaker 5: If you're a place, I remember the name of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, there we go. Thank you. You know, have you replaced all the pieces of the ship? Is at the same ship, Like if you replace all the band members, is it the same now? In saying that a band like Napalm Death has had original members since very early on, like everyone who formed it left, So everyone that's been in Napalm Death since early on was not in the original lineup of Napalm Death. But that's kind of a different thing because they made their career after that point, so you know, like they didn't do much prior with the original lineup, but once they got a solid lineup, even though it was no original members, that's when they started really making their mark. So yeah, it's always weird with stuff like that. So many times it's just like, oh, one original member, all right.
Speaker 6: This topic always makes me think of that old Simpsons gag of you know that someone refers to a band like, oh and you know, thanks for music thanks to the Queen's Reich, and the guys in the band were like, I thought we were quiet riot and the other guy says the drum kit says, we're rat.
Speaker 3: And I mean that is a question where does the soul of something lie?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean that's a great question. I know I was just as we were talking about it, I was looking up at the Gates because obviously, you know they've lost Thomas Limberg, their vocalists. Yeah, yeah, and I know they had one more album coming out, and I was trying to see what they were going to do after and they don't know. Yeah, And like that's an example where I think, you know, it's full of talented musicians, but without Thomas Limberg, can ye be at the Gates?
Speaker 3: Well? Thomas he was. Yeah, he was at the Gates and to his credit, I mean, because he died from complications from surgery. I can't remember he had answer.
Speaker 6: He had throat and palette cancer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so he was going in to have it operated on. He said, even if I survived this, I don't know if I'm ever going to be able to sing again. So before he went for surgery, he went in and recorded all the vocals for the new record which is coming out. Now we have either the whole thing or a few songs for it already for the last Exit. Oh wow, So that was a very.
Speaker 6: April twenty fourth Wikipedia.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, so we probably have the whole thing and it's good, you know, like, I've listened to one song so far, but I liked it. I was like, this is really cool. I'm like, oh, it's at the Gates of course cool. I did love.
Speaker 6: I didn't love the last one, Nightmare of Being, so I'm excited to hear the new one. I like to drink from the night itself. I didn't love Nightmare of Being.
Speaker 3: I mean the first handful of the best.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, yeah, no, that's fair. I mean I think I'm slaughter of the Soul. I'm not saying anything controversial to say that's one of the greatest melodic death metal albums of all time.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep. But I also loved The Red and the Sky is Ours.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I remember I downloaded those sort of in the early days of sort of what you call it file sharing, so like Napster and things like that. So I it was the first I think it was one of my first torrents. It was the first four albums, so it was The Red, The Red and the Sky is Ours. With Grief, I Kissed the burning darkness, the Guards of Grief, or no, with Something, I Kissed the Burning darkness Gardens of Grief, ep with Fear and then Slaughter of This That's it? Is it? Gardens of Fear? No or with Fear?
Speaker 3: I kissed the Burning Darkness?
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, And so I downloaded those and I listened to an Order and I remember thinking even the first Coup albums of oh oh there's something here, yes, And then I heard Slaughter of the Soul and I just it just blew the top of my head open. And when they announced at War with Reality, I actually bought new headphones to listen to it because I was so excited. And then when I bought it, I was then afraid to listen to it because I was worried I wouldn't like it. Yeah, so I didn't actually listen to at War with Reality until To Drink from the Night Itself came out.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I still have those headphones. I ended up using them for my podcast. But yeah, I was. And I saw him once in Vancouver, which was a thrill.
Speaker 3: Yeah I never saw that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was it was. It was good. It was a good show. But yeah, way way back. That's how it got into like opath and oh who's the other one from oh you got the album? Maybe it's just got the album? I want to say Wild Honey, oh tmtt Tam Matte, that's it. Yeah, yeah, I got into a bunch of those bands thanks to the magic of old school torrenting.
Speaker 3: I will I will say if anyone is interested in knowing more about Tomas, we did a well. I did a tribute show for him on the Last Exit last year. It's in the archive and I played stuff from like a ton of different projects he was in or evolved in, and basically talked about his life and career.
Speaker 6: Oh cool, I'd love to listen to that because I love that dude. Like I've got that album he did with The Crown. Crown Depth and Terror is I think again one of the greatest records of all time, Like the Speed of Darkness from that record is, yes, a masterpiece.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're off track a little bit. Yes, we're supposed to be talking about wrestling and we're talking Wait, Nope, that's wrong too.
Speaker 2: Welcome to a Gas Classics twenty twenty six four exceptional limited series hand picked for their journalism, craft and storytelling, including Sweet Bobby, I'd Caught Him Retounded West Core.
Speaker 8: The trial turned on a single witnesses testimony.
Speaker 3: The witness I didn't do it, so that's why I'm standing here.
Speaker 2: Carrie Jay does not exist. She offered them exactly that, and then just bales. To find out more, head to acast dot com Forward slash Classics.
Speaker 6: Actually, just before we get going, I had a funny wrestling related synchronicity. So a couple of nights ago, like I said, I just moved to Toronto and one night it was Sunday, I was about ten o'clock and I thought, hey, you know, I kind of want to smoke a joint, so and I didn't have any, so I thought, I'm going to take a walk. I walked up the sort of main street not far from where I live, and there's a twenty four hour dispensary about a fifteen minute walk down there. And all the way there, I passed this one cocktail bar on the corner and I thought, oh, I hadn't really intended to go for a drink after I got out here, but I kind of want to get check out that place. So went and bought my joint, smoked it on the way back, and as I passed that bar again, I thought, no, you know, I'm going to go in there. And I sat down at the bar. Dude next to me was talking to his buddies about movies and he mentioned Universal Soldier and I heard him say something to the effect of, oh, you know, Jean Claud van damendulph Lunder and they're not in any of them other than the first one, which of course is incorrect. And being the wild autist that I am, after his buddies left, I kind of leaned over and said him, Man, Dolf and JCVD are actually in Regeneration and Day of Reckoning, and he looked at me, and we talked movies until the bar closed, and then we went to it. We ran into a friend of his who invited us out to a different bar, which we also closed talking about movies. But it turned out that we had both been in the same seventy millimeters screening of Disclosure Day earlier that afternoon. No, fin Yeah, it's just random coincidence. This is the one bar that I was called into happened to be the same place as dude who was sitting like ten seats away from me earlier in the day was.
Speaker 3: Well, that seems like a good pivot. Actually, I have not seen Disclosure Day, have you, Saxon?
Speaker 5: I have not but you know, I'm certainly open to hearing what Brennan thinks of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, without without giving any spoilers, what did you how did you feel about it?
Speaker 6: So I should preface this by saying, I am not very knowledgeable on the UFO subculture. So I know a little bit, but I'm not you know, compared to you guys, to the folks I hear on the show regularly, I'm not an expert. So grain assault.
Speaker 3: I liked it.
Speaker 6: I didn't love it, but I liked it. I think to me, I enjoyed. I was a little bit like the Leo for Once upon a Time meme, like pointing at the at the at the TV. You know, there are some things in there, like screen memories that they incorporate, and sleep paralysis and sort of dream logic and stuff like this, things that pop up in the culture, you know, the idea of there's shadowy government agencies working to conceal the truth and things like that. I liked it. To me, it's it's still it's mid tier Spielberg, but I think even mid tier Spielberg is better than other people's a games, so that, you know, yeah, like in terms of look it looked more like Minority Report. It had that sort of dark, kind of gritty vibe. I thought Emily Blunt was miscast. I didn't care for her performance. I didn't think she had the range she needed. I also feel like she's had a lot of botox done, so it has affected her ability to emote.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 6: I could be wrong about that, but that's that's how I felt like. I like Emily Blunt. I enjoyed her in The Fall Guy, I enjoyed her in you know, Edge of Tomorrow, but I felt she was the wrong fit for this role. Okay, Yeah, overall, like Doug, it like, I think, if you're going in you want to again a perfectly agreeable sci fi thriller, then that's what you're gonna get. If you're going in and you're expecting Spielberg to blow the lid off of decades of government conspiracy, I think you're gonna come away disappointed.
Speaker 3: I honestly just don't care that much.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 3: It's just you know, like I will watch it when it comes to you know, digital, but I had no interest in coming to I don't I don't have any interest in going to the theaters period. But like it's kind of like everyone's excited about it, and I'm like, eh, it's not going to be anything special, you know, Like again, like you said, it's not like Spielbeler is gonna blow the lid off something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, go ahead after that.
Speaker 6: Oh, I was just gonna say that, Like, that's a conversation that Paul and I have had, is that I'm actually on the ghostry guys have just dropped for patrons, you know. I was saying that I think some people were expecting like a statement, yeah, you know, and instead it's it's just a movie that uses this thing because it's a particularly zeitgeisty topic.
Speaker 3: Right now, right just like Close Encounters was, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Exactly, it's you know, I mean, Spielberg has said for him, it kind of closes out what he considers to be a thematic trilogy with Close Encounters and et And I can see that one hundred percent. But again, I think there's a lot of folks who want it to be more something more than it is, and it's it's just not that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I've seen a lot of you know, kind of just UFO conspiracy culture, you know, accounts on Instagram and other places like really hyping it up like it's you know, telling us everything, and this is their way of just you know, participating in disclosure. And you know, there's an interview with Spilberg where he said everything is real, you know, all that stuff, and it's like, and I do know the general applot of the movie and how it ends. Have a good friend that reviews movies and he told me about it and I was like, yeah, that's kind of what I expected, you know. So it's it is interesting to me though, that people that have seen the movie, do you think that it's revealing something? You know, because it gets into the sort of a cult side of I don't know, you know, how the secret powers in control of the world have to tell you what they're doing somehow before they can do it.
Speaker 6: Of course, I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's pretty wild stuff to me, and silly too, because I just assumed that, like we talked about in the show, I don't think the government knows anything more than we do.
Speaker 3: They probably have better they have probably have better data, you know.
Speaker 6: No, did I lose you? Guys?
Speaker 3: Know you're there?
Speaker 5: Can you hear me?
Speaker 3: Yes? I can hear you. Saxon, Are you Are you okay?
Speaker 6: I think so?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 6: Okay, they're trying to silence you sexon They are they?
Speaker 5: They are?
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 3: I love the arbitrary rules that people make up, like oh, they must tell you in some secret way if they're going to do something, even if they're not telling you out. It's like what, why would that even be a thing? You know? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like like, oh, they need your permission for the magic and the mind control to work. Like, are you sure.
Speaker 6: Like they're doing pretty well right right?
Speaker 5: I think they pull over stuff, but it's just fine without any kind of magic or anything else.
Speaker 3: So I mean there, I'm sure that there are people involved in these circles that are using magic. Oh for sure, there are, yes, you know, I mean even stuff like astrology. I mean, it was obviously famous that that Reagan you know, did stuff with astrology, or at least his wife did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I actually qualify that I'm making fun of the arbitrary rule magic, not the yeah, oh I know, I know, yeah, oh gosh, I mean the thing about Jake Parson, Jack Parsons.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Jack Jack Parson, thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I mean it's you know, tied into you know, an higher you know, space program.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's still there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, that's pretty wild.
Speaker 3: To me, to be honest, Like you got like, like, is that is that tradition or is that they think this is just good luck? Is or are they do they also believe in this stuff?
Speaker 5: That's a good question.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: You know, it seems like because they use a lot of astrology to pick days or when they would do launches and things. Yeah, and you know, from what I understand people looking at dates for other launches more recently, it's still going on. But I've not hurt anybody announce that. It's just like, oh, this is a significant date. So I can't validate whether or not that is something or I'm just being told as something by you a random person on YouTube. But it does feel like it's steeped into NASA and things like that enough that it's just going to keep going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And like I said, it's just a matter of why is it? Yeah, because I could see it just becoming a tradition and they just keep doing it that way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Which is if I were wanting to have a long term influence on something among people that didn't necessarily, you know, believe in magic the same way I would, that would be what I would hopeould happened, you know, yeah, yeah, so that may have been planned, I don't know, or intentional, I should say, not planned.
Speaker 6: I had read a book late last year called They Used Dark Forces, and it's a novel by Dennis Wheatley. It was a British horror writer, and I thought it was boring. I thought it was quite boring for the most part. It's just unnecessary. I'm not really into World War two stuff. It's kind of like a World War two spy story crossed over kind of with astrology and black magic and this if it just reminded me. This comes up because they encounter a mystic who helps them figure out what their effective days are using detailed astrological charts. And then that's sort of how the second half of the book is plotted. Is they try and only do things on days which work for them, quote unquote, and then when they do things on days that don't, things go sideways. And it was funny because I was talking to a friend of mine who does charts and I mentioned this book and I mentioned this whole thing, and she goes, well, yeah, that's I mean, that is a thing. So she did my chart because I was mentioning that I wanted to move recording our show from Thursday to Tuesday because I was just I'd never liked doing it Thursday. It just kind of had worked out that that's the day we recorded on. I always wanted to go to Tuesday, but just scheduling was kind of an issue. But I was planning on really pushing to make that happen for this year after twenty twenty six. And so my friend does the chart and she goes, well, yeah, no, that makes sense because Tuesday is one of your good days and Thursday is one of your worst.
Speaker 3: Wait, so we have you on one of your worst days.
Speaker 6: Oh well yeah, yeah you do. So there you go, and how great I am. Now imagine how much greater I would be on a Tuesday.
Speaker 3: I feel like we're being cheated now. When you were mentioning Spielberg, I was thinking, he did AI. Didn't he he did?
Speaker 6: Yeah? He did? He did.
Speaker 5: Yeah that was a minority report.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I like minority. I hated AI. I had a hard time getting through that one. What about it didn't care for I don't remember. It's a long time ago. Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 6: That was most Most of that was Stanley Kubrick's stuff. He actually he picked that up after Kubrick passed, or Kubrick kind of passed it to him. Oh, okay, okay, after he died. But it reminded me I had this article. Fake academic journals are publishing AI generated paper under real professors names.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: A network of fake academic journals masquerading is legitimate publications has published more than one hundred AI generated papers in recent months, in some cases using the names of real professors at top universities without their knowledge.
Speaker 6: I'm not surprised. I actually think you guys talked about this with Chris and Matt.
Speaker 3: Did I okay, I wasn't sure if we dealt with that one or not because I didn't mark anything go me.
Speaker 6: I know, I was gonna say. I know. AI stuff is just just flooding a lot of different industries. Traditional public publishing is being drowned under AI garbage.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: YouTube, social Yeah, it's all just being flooded with this crap.
Speaker 5: As soon as I hear the one of the AI narrators that you know are common, I'm just like, I just I'm already done. You know, I don't care what it's about. I'm like I'm just over this already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's it's also scraping stuff from itself because there's so much AI stuff on the internet now. When it looks up stuff, it looks up stuff that it generated essentially, Yeah, of course, and so it's like the accuracy rate just keeps dropping and it's just everything's just going to be AI slop eventually. Yeah, it is. And it's because they can create content, you know, because of the way algorithms work, they can generate AI AI content constantly, and then it's like it overwhelms real creators because they can't generate quality stuff on that level. I mean, AI is not quality stuff, but it doesn't matter. It's just generated to you know, to be put there to you know, get ad revenue and stuff like that, and then it pops to the top of the algorithm.
Speaker 5: Well it's you know, it makes the people that are creating original content like a needle instead of a haystack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how are you ever going to find them?
Speaker 6: You know, we've definitely seen that with ghostory guys. Like we've seen I've seen our discoverability and our like download numbers just creater in the last year just crater into the ground. And I mean, I don't think it's that we're producing I don't think that we're producing a you know, like a worst show, right right, right. I just think that it is harder and harder for people to find stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's just I.
Speaker 5: Mean, I saw this like a hilarious reel today and it was like googling something in two thousand and six and a guy is standing there and he's like, hey, what's the capital of Italy? And the guy goes wrong, also the largest Italy city in Italy? And then it says, you know, googling something in twenty twenty six, and the guy standing there grabs a bottle of water and just starts pouring it out on the floor and then he goes, hey, that's a great question. It starts like getting all of these facts wrong and mixing things up. It was pretty genius. I was like, oh, that's clever man. I like you, guys, would you like to be radicalized?
Speaker 6: No? I like that to help you.
Speaker 3: There was I saw a beam somewhere where they said one of their coworkers started talking like chat GPT and beatings and it was just pissing everyone off. And I'm like, Okay, I like that. I like that point you're making. I hope you're trying to make a point with it, but I like it.
Speaker 5: I do think that, you know, it would be kind of fun just to be like, hey, that's a great question, you know, or that's a solid point and just reframe everything and yeah, then yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: That's that's really clever. I admire the point you've made.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Really, it takes real heart and real intelligence to ask a question so pertinent. Oh my god, if I keep guessing you up, will you forget you asked a question?
Speaker 3: Right? Yes? I mean, like, I'm not sure what it's going to take for this stuff to just stop, like it gonna Is it gonna take the entire destruction of the Internet.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean I do sometimes think about that. I think about Cyberpunk twenty seventy seven and how they had sort of I mean, it's very William Gibson, but they kind of like predicted the idea that basically we're going to screw the Internet up so much that it's going to be unusable and we're just going to have like local area networks, And I mean, you know, it doesn't seem impossible at this point.
Speaker 5: I mean, unfortunately. I think that's probably a pretty good assessment. You know, I local network, some kind of mesh thing, something like that makes more sense to me. You know, even if it's like something that you can actually navigate to contained within the Internet, that's just much more basic and direct. I mean, yeah, I don't know. I wait for the you know, anti algorithm revolution to occur at some point. Right it's still is way, but I do think that's gonna end up happening in some shape or form. It may be after lots of violence, right, you know, I mean that was that was half the premise of like Dune, was like we had robots for a while.
Speaker 3: And that was a mistake, right right, that's true, all right.
Speaker 6: I was listening to what it could happen here or to go to the go ahead, go ahead the same I was listening to today's episode of It Could Happen Here, and it was Robert Evans who was talking about how he thinks that one of the one of the most hopeful things he has seen recently is this grassroots opposition to data centers. Yeah, you know, he was saying that there's a lot of people who are sort of becoming activists who previously would never have even considered such a thing. You know, they're just they're mad. Yeah, they're just mad. And and I think that's he said, that's one of the few things that gives him hope is because he said, like Silicon Valley, the only place you can hurt them is their money. And you know, if we set up the situation where they have like they're suffering because we keep pushing back against these data centers, maybe that's that's the only way to get at them.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, most places do not want data centers. And there are a lot of communities that are very upset because they're not being asked, like it's not something that the community is voting on or anything. They're just like the people in power are like, yeah, we're just gonna let them build a data center and it's gonna screw up our water and stuff, but it'll be fair. Your taxes are gonna go up. This is gonna happen. This is gonna happen. But they're not being asked. People are like, we don't want this.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah. That's the thing that's crazy to me is is it's kind of being forced on people. Yes, yes, Like that's and the fact that they're not. They're kind of folding the cost in to everyone else's bills.
Speaker 3: Yes, yep, that's nuts because AI is not profitable.
Speaker 6: No, it's not not even close.
Speaker 5: Oh over leverages in getting so much capital that they're just burning through. I saw this really interesting thing about Anthropic today where they were talking about these models they weren't releasing because they were too powerful and what have you. And then it kind of turned out that like they really weren't, but the hype of they were too powerful was kind of done to you know, essentially as a PR campaign.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, dude, oh yeah, and yeah.
Speaker 5: And so it's it's such a strange thing where you're like, this stuff is dangerous, but it's also like just utter crap.
Speaker 3: Yep, it had you know, it has uses. They said, uh, it's very successful in detecting early breast cancer, but it basically just scans X rays and stuff and then if it sees something subtle, it then directs it to a human to say, hey, you might want to check this. Like, okay, that's fine, I'm alright with that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but even that they is ever called they juked the stats on that, So essentially it doesn't perform any better than a radiologist and the amount of costs. Yeah, it's not better. It's that's a very that one gets circulated a lot, and I'd have to find the study again to verify this. So you know, this is a little bit of a question on a question thing. But yeah, it was like, yeah, it performs better than you know, equal to or close to another, but it was like viewed with another radiologist at the same time. Okay, so why not just have two radiologists?
Speaker 3: Right right? Yeah, all right, I do.
Speaker 6: Think you know, there are uses for generative AI, Like I think you know the platform I used to record Ghost Story, guys, it has a handful of AI tools. Most of them are garbage, but some of them, you know, some of them are have a couple uses. So I'm like, yeah, okay, fine, this makes my workflow better. This might like marginally better. This does not take work away from someone, because these are not things I would pay someone to do otherwise. So sure, fine, that's andy. But what I don't need it to do is I don't need it to edit my entire show. I don't need it to like script or record a show for me, right right, you know, Like I'm willing to I'm willing to admit. Yeah, there's a handful of uses for this stuff and it's important I think. And this is a distinction that Evan's made on it could happen here, is that data centers are used for a lot of things, you know, like mapping data or you know, like all these wearables we have, Like all that data has to get processed somewhere. So not all data centers are these massive AI you know, sort of money sinks. Like there are data centers that presumably we would actually still want to have, but most of them, and the spending is bonkers, are not those useful things. It's it's chipsets that can only be used for generative AI being put in places that can only be used for generative AI. And who knows if we'll ever have the capacity to actually power all of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, all right, now we have to take a break, Okay, quick break for contact info and a recommendation. So contact info is very simple. It's just where did the road goo dot com? Everything could you could want can be found there? Where did the road go relate? Did links to all our social media archive going back to the very first shows everything's there? So where did the Roadgo? Dot com. It's also where you can become a patron for only three dollars a month and get the shows a week or two early commercial free, plus extra segments on almost every show and bonus stuff on top of all of that. As for a recommendation, I'm gonna go way back to before I was even doing this show. Movie that came out in two thousand and seven. I'm not sure I ever recommended it, but it's up there in one of my all time favorite movies. It's just called The Man from Earth. It is a very quiet movie. It's basically just a conversation. And I know that doesn't sound very interesting, but it kind of is. And yeah, it has a number of big name stars in it and it's really really good, So I would if you haven't checked that out before, I'll read you the I'll read you the thing. It says an impromptu goodbye party before Professor John Oldman becomes a mysterious interrogation after the retiring scholar reveals to his colleagues that he's a longer and stranger past than they can imagine. Yeah. Again, I love this movie, and the follow up to it was not good if I remember right. Unfortunately, but it's really going to be hard to to be as good as this movie is and bother to do a follow up. I don't even know why they did, but that's my recommendation if you haven't seen it before. From two thousand and seven The Man from Earth. Now back to the show a Sky.
Speaker 9: We know everyone uses broadband differently. Some people use it to train from marathons, but others are in two different types of marathons where we watch for more.
Speaker 3: Some use it to work from home.
Speaker 9: For others, it's about making your homework for.
Speaker 5: You starting back.
Speaker 9: Whatever you use broadbound for, enjoy it with Sky's fastest ever speeds. Sky do Broadband, you do you Availability subject to location requires sky gig a fast plus hub seesky Dot I e form it slash speeds for more.
Speaker 3: So I'm here with Saxon and Brennan as if they laughed and uh, Brennan, you had a was it a Poltergeist story? Not a story?
Speaker 6: But I had a listener from an email, which is what they call their They're very weird theory on Poultergeist. Doctor Oh okay, And I had never heard it phrase like this before and I think that's it's an interesting possibility. And again this is this is sort of advanced ball, so I'm curious to hear what you guys think of it. So this this comes from Dana again. They sent this to our show on June ninth. They've titled it the resonance induced plasma condensation theory one. The natural state of the entity. Contrary to a traditional army, contrary to a traditional ghost or spirit theory, the entity is a sentient form of matter, existing naturally in a hyper energetic, non thermal plasma state, the fourth state of matter the atomic view. Because it exists as a fluid like soup of unbound ions and electrons vibrating at an extreme, non standard frequency, it does not possess the rigid molecular bonds of our everyday world. The entity experience is our world, for what it truly is mostly empty space. In its natural plasma state, its fields drift seamlessly through the atomic lattices of walls, doors, and furniture without physical friction, making it naturally non reactive to our solid reality too. The opportunistic window resonance, the entity moves casually through its environment, completely unable to interact with solid matter until it encounters a localized drop in environmental resistance. This opportunistic window is triggered by a precise frequency match acting as a battery. Any human being, regardless of age, whose unique nervous system, rain, chemistry, or bioelectromagnetic field naturally generates a frequency that harmonizes with the entity's plasma state. A location sitting on a natural, tectonic or acoustic amplifier, for example, piezoelectric quartz, deposits moving underground water, or conductive ancient piping that echoes that same exact frequency. When these frequency meat or overlap, they create a zone of constructive interference, lowering the energetic barrier between a plasma entity and our rigid reality. It is a matter of opportunistic curiosity rather than malice. Part three. The mechanism of interaction thermodynamic condensation. To manipulate a solid object in our reality, example flipping a chair or moving an object, a plasma entity must first execute a rapid, violent phase change. It must flash condense into a solid to Ford To force highly energized plasma to instantly drop past gas and liquid states straight into a temporary solid structure. The entity must absorb an immense amount of kinetic and thermal energy. It vacuum sucks this heat directly from the surrounding environment, causing the ambient room temperature to plummet instantly to a bone chilling cold spot. Because plasma is fundamentally composed of charged particles, the entity's presence naturally warps the local leve electromagnetic fields, causing the classic electronic failures, battery drains, and appliance malfunctions reported by investigators. Maintaining a condensed solid state is thermodynamically exhausting. When the entity releases its hold and snow back to its natural plasma form, or if it loses focus mid transition inside of structure, a sudden violent release of pressure and shifting of matter creates an acoustic shockwave. This manifests in our world as the heavy structural thuds heard in walls and ceilings.
Speaker 3: Four.
Speaker 6: The core motivation curiosity, not malice, Because the entity is locked out of interacting with the physical universe for most of its existence, Finding a resonant human or place is an incredible breakthrough. The flying objects and disembodied noises are not hostile attacks, but enthusiastic physics experiments conducted by a curious observer who has finally found a temporary thermodynamic loophole to touch, test, and explore our rigid world. By redefining the phenomenon as a rare accidental intersection of a plasma based ecosystem and a solid based ecosystem, a fear is entirely stripped away. Once modern science can fully quantify and measure these specific vibrational frequencies, the quote haunting ceases to be a paranormal event and simply becomes a natural, peaceful branch of physical science. So that's it.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's really interesting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I'd never heard a phrase like that.
Speaker 3: For But are they talking about these things. It's talking about these things about as being intelligent? Yes, yeah, okay, because the Empire kind of kind of got me feeling like, oh, this will just be explained by science as a natural event. But I guess the natural event with interaction with another consciousness.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, natural inasmuch as it operates according to some kind of rule. But you're still talking about, yeah, about disembodied consciousness. Very I just like disembodied, but embodied in a way that we don't typically understand.
Speaker 3: Right, right, and I mean also lights and plasma. I mean, these are things that go together, and lights are one of the most common things in any of this stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: I would say the only the only thing I would might have an issue with is the knocking usually happens first, you know, it doesn't. It doesn't happen at the end of it experience. That's one of the usually one of the first things you get.
Speaker 5: Oh that's a not to sound like chat GPT, but that's a good observation.
Speaker 6: That's an interesting question you've asked.
Speaker 5: But it is a good point. I didn't even cross my mind until you said that, and I was like, oh, yeah, it is interesting.
Speaker 3: It is a case. It doesn't throw out their interpretation. It's a very very very good interpretation of it. Even if it's not wholly correct. There might be something to it.
Speaker 6: Well, I think. I mean, it doesn't necessarily say that this comes third in the process. It just it was a third and sort of their their theory. Oh okay, okay, yeah, there's no point it says that our part of me. There's nowhere it says at which point this could happen, just that this would be the explanation is said, which which could make sense, right, if it finds something that is, you know, vibrationally accepting or vibrationally sort of comforting or not the word, but my brain is much lately, but that is sort of a compatible then maybe it starts trying to physically move things. Maybe that's its first Yeah, you know, that's its first attempt, and that's why we hear these bangs and thuds until it can kind of get its feet under it, so to speak.
Speaker 3: I wonder how we test this. Yeah, Also, of course your brain as much as Thursday you're giving us your worst day.
Speaker 6: You asked me a buster.
Speaker 5: It does remind me of, you know, some of Keel's ideas of you know, these things are sort of decomposing as they enter our reality. It can only maintain their their form for a little while.
Speaker 3: Did Keel say that maybe it was kill?
Speaker 5: Did allude to that though?
Speaker 6: He definitely did, because he also used that was he had this I don't remember which book it was, but he sort of alluded to the idea that there may be something to blood sacrifice because of the because of the power of blood.
Speaker 3: Right, right, I think because I was thinking, like, didn't I suggest that? But I may have gotten it partially from Keel. I know I got it partially from Joshua Cutcheon's book on smells, which was what is the one on smells called Brimstone Disease. That's it because sulfur being the most common thing is sulfur is the smell of decay. And it's like, well, yeah, these things are decaying as soon as they didn't to exist, then you would smell sulfur. Well maybe I'm just like mixing the kinds of Oh no, it's entirely possible. Keel said it, and I just didn't remember.
Speaker 6: Well, he'll definitely has said it. Because I've read a couple of Josh's books. I haven't read that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he says, no one's read that one. It's a great book. People should read it.
Speaker 6: It's a good book.
Speaker 5: It's really good.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, you know, it's not exactly the same explanation, but it definitely would kind of presents the same hallmarks, I guess as a way of like, you know, something becoming corporal and then dissipating, you know, I like the idea of your own you know, bile electric field, whatever you want to call it, being something that attunes to, you know, whatever kind of entity you're dealing with. It makes it a little bit more able for them to interact with you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, curiosity. Did Josh all his books from Amazon?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 6: I just I wanted to see if I could grab a kindle coffee of Brimstone de seat. I punched his name into Amazon, and it just says nope, returned to sender. No no such, no such address.
Speaker 5: Wow, that was interesting.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: I was on the Wi files the other day too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're here.
Speaker 6: I just I just punched it into Amazon dot CA and there is. And I bought Ecology of Souls off here, but there is now nothing under his name.
Speaker 5: This is like an issue of an international publishing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be my guest, because they are showing up on my Amazon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're online too.
Speaker 3: Including new book The Inverted Path, Supernatural Disorientation and and uh Interruptions and Travel. So it will.
Speaker 6: I went to dot com as well. It will not. It will not show me anything with his name.
Speaker 3: That is so weird. I'll have to ask him about it. I mean, I'm sure there's other places you can you can look for his books.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I have no doubt I just I thought it was. While we were talking about it, I thought, oh, I'll just see a fight. What it costs for me to get a get a kindle copy of The Brimstone Decease so I can read it. And like I said, I bought Ecology of Souls from Amazon Canada. Now that is not here whatsoever. I cannot search his name. It's giving me candles. I search for josh Cutchen, it gives me candles, you know.
Speaker 1: Let me.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna turn my VPN on my phone and I'll search it up.
Speaker 3: I as soon as I put in Joshua, it said, Joshua, got you you books. But while you do that, one of the other things I wanted to bring up that had occurred to me because when we were talking about that Poltigeist thing is I always find it fascinating that people can spread sleep paralysis, Like it is not uncommon for someone to start dating someone and then that person had sleep brousses. Now their partner also has sleep prousis, which will keep going even after they break up. And so in thinking about this, I'm like, what would be the mechanism here? And I think like, okay, so when you're involved with someone, You're not just sharing things like bodily fluid. You're sharing energy.
Speaker 6: Sure, and I don't know.
Speaker 3: That a lot of people really think about that. But if you're having sex with someone, there is an energy exchange going on. It might not be noticeable with a lot of people, but it's happening. So if you're if this stuff is electra electric in form in some way, because it does seem to have a lot of electrical effects to it when you have sleep paralysis, I'm wondering if it's just something where it's it's charging a certain part or changing a certain part of how your brain works, how you access certain things that allows that sleep paralysis to spread.
Speaker 6: Maybe like it alters seems it alters your electric What was that I was saying. I think we did a show of ghost you guys recently where we had a listener story where someone picked up their boyfriend sleep paralysis.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, I've heard about it numerous times. I have two. You know.
Speaker 5: It would be interesting too, though, Like you know, you're talking about energy exchange and things like that, but I could also see like if you're in a certain frequency and my gosh, whatever that is right kind of lulling the other person's energy into that. Yeah, so then their brains also operating in the sleep paralysis state.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, we we are electrical beings, there's no you know, we we we are made of energy. So it's funny as new age and stuff as energy sounds at this point because it's been hijacked. The fact is we have energy and magnetic fields that move out around us. And when I say you exchange energy with someone, that's that's what's happening. You're you're you're melding those those energy fields together for better or worse. You know, So everyone you're you're sleeping with is potentially shifting your energy. And when your energy shifts, things change. I mean you may not realize it at first, but they do.
Speaker 6: And I think some people really have a problem with that concept. And you know, and I because it sounds like the sour grapes of a guy who's not getting laid right, Well, it's, oh, well, it's just because you know, because your energy makes us with the other person, so maybe it's better.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: That is definitely not what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: No, of course, of course, but in my head that's exactly where I went because I'm a monster. But I do think it's I think it's uh. I think that's something we don't really want to entertain, right, this idea that there is a cross, there is like an exchange of energy if you're intimate with someone you know. I think I think it matters. I think it matters who you share. And I'm not a conservative person whatsoever, right, but I still I do. I do think it matters who you share your your intimacy with. I think you can have an impact on you.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't think this idea that you can kind of hold your hand over the candle and then just kind of pull it away and go ah haha, it's fine.
Speaker 3: I think it.
Speaker 6: I think it affects you. I think it you know, if if any behavior persisted in will eventually change you. And that's just how we are, and I don't. I don't think sex is any different.
Speaker 3: Yes, sex is one of the more powerful things we can do energy wise. Hell yeah, I mean not that that doesn't mean that every time you're having sex, you're you're channeling amazing amounts of energy for yourself. You're going to have to get into more tantric type stuff, but you know. Again, energy is even if you're just like physically close with a person, not even having sex, but you're still going to alter each other's electrical feels Your energy is going to change because it's going to adapt to that person.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, it's going to adapt and like I mean, my gosh, you know, even if you're not doing like cancer or anything like that, just by virtue of it being generative because it can create life. Like yeah, you know, it's a very specific kind of energy that is happening there. I don't know, it's a very generative force.
Speaker 6: So I'm told, you know, when I finally have sex, i'll know for sure. But this is that's what I've been told. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one day I was watching, you know, because I keep up with different like Tigong guys and Nagong and all that stuff, you know, And most of the stuff on the internet, a lot of it you see, is tricks, you know, and it's not legitimate stuff. But I've come across some legitimate stuff in there now and then. But I did see a digitized DHS of a Shallott lag. I guess it's shellon monk. It is an Asian monk pulling energy out of a cow to use to go heal somebody. And it's kind of interesting to watch because the cow eventually just kind of like balls over a sleep and he's standing about ten feet away from the cow, and you know, there could be trickery going on. I don't ever rule those things out, but it doesn't look like anybody's messing with the cow or they drugged it in a way where they timed it out so perfectly that the monks standing there and pretending to you know, pull energy out of it. But even the description on it was like, you know, this doesn't hurt the cow long term, it just makes him very tired of cow's going to fall asleep and he's going to use this to go you know, who's somebody that's ill that he has coming in or something like that. But yeah, but you know, those kinds of things if if that stuff is real, and I do think you know, Chigong and nagong and all this is real. It's just different names for the same. Yeah, you know, it certainly stands that you know, you have to be careful yea who you're sharing your energy with.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean we've all been around people who make us feel like crap, you know, not necessarily through words or deeds, but just after we leave them, we think, oh god, I'm tired, you know. Yeah, And then there's people who restore us and who kind of feel like you know, and sometimes some times even good people can be kind of taky if they're in a bad place. Like there are people in my life generally speaking, I really quite like, but sometimes I get into space and all of a sudden, they're just they're taky, and talking to them is exhausting.
Speaker 3: Well, I've got a.
Speaker 5: Couple of friends that I you know, I wouldn't say they're ex friends, but I just stop calling them because it was always something where I felt like I was I had to prepare for and then would lose energy when I was around them. And not even people that were depressive or anything like that where you kind of have to like, you know, you're going into a situation where you're trying to uplift somebody, but I just like put off calling them for a while. Then you put off calling them a bit more, and next thing you know, it's been a few months, and then it's been a year and you're like, huh, I don't know if I'm actually friends with this person anymore.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, but the thought of talking.
Speaker 5: To them also just doesn't sound very fun, even though I have a good time with them, because I know it's going to drain from M.
Speaker 3: And obviously that person may not drain someone else at all.
Speaker 5: That's true too. I hadn't thought about that, but that's a that's a good point.
Speaker 6: So I mean, I mean, I had an old friend, old old friend guy. We were yeah, twenty we were friends twenty years ago, when we were friends for like fifteen years, and he just over time he got more and more taking and it eventually became like a situation where I just I couldn't be around him anymore. And I used to They used to text me. They'd get off work at eleven every night, and at ten thirty I would always get a text and I came to dread it. The text was what are you up to? Yeah, and I just I came to dread it because all this person wanted to do was was eat.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 6: It was it was like food was kind of their addiction. And we used to share that. You know, we used to go driving for hours and eating donuts and whatever, drive to Tim Horton's, but then I kind of started. I started doing the show, which kind of revitalized me and kind of gave me a purpose in life I hadn't had before. And this guy still wanted to watch TV until like watch bad TV until three in the morning, and eat donuts at like three in the morning. And he reached a point too where he couldn't He didn't have anything to say anymore. He just wanted to consume in silence, and I had to I had to slowly just kind of fade because I tried helping him. I tried, you know, fitting it, like getting him into the gym, and you know, he was a strong guy. He was a tough guy. You know, we could like he could do stuff if he tried, but it was just easier for him not to try. And eventually, like I said, you got to be careful where you put your energy, because it's a thing that you know, the people you spend time around are kind of who you become. And I don't think that's just like a sort of a thing people say. I think it's very true, and I think there it's because of the energyetic cost.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if you're around someone where your energy doesn't resonate well it's it's gonna feel draining, right for both people. Yeah, but these are things that our culture just dismisses because energy is not really a thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The why people talk about that are like new age people and it's like, but it's measurable, like this is not you know fiction.
Speaker 6: Here, yeah, or it becomes a gag, right, it becomes a gag like with uh. I mean as much as I love what we do in the Shadows, that's that's what it became. It was like it was it was a joke. We have an energy vampire.
Speaker 3: Mmm.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that was pretty funny on the show though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh it was brilliant.
Speaker 6: Colin Robinson is that character is a masterpiece. But but I just think like as a whole when you say energy vampire, that's oh yeah, well that's what like Colin Robins said, Oh, there's not a lot of people aren't actively engaging with the concept. Yeah.
Speaker 5: But to your point, though, that's generally like what I start putting those people down to in my head, it's like they're just you know, energy vampires, and just being around them, you know, invites that drain on.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, and I mean you know, I before I kind of became aware of all this stuff like this, this is something I would bump into. I would have these people I get have these intense friendships with people who would suddenly kind of blow into my life and seem like super intense. They really wanted to be around me all the time. And after a while you kind of realize, oh, they're they're kind of like beating on you because they're not giving you anything. Yeah, They're just they're constantly like you're doing it because I like to do stuff for the people I care about, sure, and I like to do stuff for people, and so it kind of becomes this thing where you realize, oh, I'm I'm kind of doing all the stuff they're just asking it. I'm actually not getting anything back from it, right, you know, and it but it's it's definitely there's this again energetic exchange. And since I've kind of learned to close that off and not sort of not respond so quickly, I've sort of speed run a few of those connections where I'll kind of see people and I'll vibe with them. Then I'll recognize the signs and immediately we get to the point where they're they're now like not so sure about yeah, you know, because I'm not giving them, I'm not giving them the sort of focused attention I otherwise would.
Speaker 3: Have right right, right, or out of time fast. We're going to do a Patreon segment and we're going to talk some movies in the Patreon segment. But for now, Brennan, where can people find you?
Speaker 6: You can find my show The ghost Story Guys everywhere you get your podcasts or at ghoststoryguys dot com. You can find my horror fiction show Fear Daily, which I co author with Brandon Scheck Sneyder everywhere Podcasts Live, and you can find me at Pardon Me. You can find me Largely the Truth on threads, Instagram, blue Sky, and Letterbox, or at my personal website, Largelythtruth dot com. You can also hear media narrating audiobooks over on Audible and saxon.
Speaker 5: The best place to find me is on Instagram under super inframan.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you both, thank you. I want to take a couple of minutes here to thank all of my patreons and a special shout out to those of you pledging ten dollars or more. Greg Ross Cherry, trapezoid tactical therapist. John Blackburn, Mark Smith, Madeline j Marty Garza, Critter eighty, Alison Cook, super Inframan thirty six, Dingo, Sean Cosgrove, Matthew Sproll, Ruth Fortescu, Andrew Nichols, John Schreftler, marth Artha, Christine Stuart Began, Mothman, Brenn, Mark Brady, Patricia Guya, Quinta, Kevin Shrek, Lynz Jackson, Kay, Charles in Florida, Land of the Crazy and Communicable, Charles Davis, Kristin, l Jotto, Riker and Stark, Abby Allen, Right, Rectangle, Eric Citron, Kevin American Rambler, Sam Sharon, thunder Boy, Eric Todd, An Watowski, Vincent Trewell, Will Powell, Jay mt K, History and Coffee, Diane b Joe Bowling, Beverly Williamson, Jim and Sophie Victoria, John Bracken, Aul Jeffreys, Moon Baby, Janet's Planet, Ron Duprey, Laser Printer, Jam m j Armstrong, Jack Huntington, Lauren McClain, Stacy Sherwood, James Lindsay Linda from Michigan, Billuminati, Strange Stories with the Seeker and Skeptic podcast, Mark Shoemaker, Ron Duprey Will Cherry, Colm Early Ritual, The Ghost Story Guys, Tyler Glimstead, Liam Hoodock, Harrol Erry, z Anna, Annabel Smith, Caroline Walker, TDT Skunkworks, Craig Sagastumi, Collin Carris, and Matthew Brown. Thank you all so very much. This show would not be what it is without your support. If you enjoyed that conversation, it continues in a Patreon segment. If you're not a Patreon you can become one at Where Did Theroadgo dot com. Just click on the big Patreon link. It's only three bucks a month. It's always been three bucks a month, and you get a ton of stuff every month, shows a couple of weeks early week or two early depending commercial free. You get extra content with pretty much every show, and you get extra stuff on top of all of that. So if you like the show, it's the best thing you can do to help support us, and if the other way. Other things you can do that definitely help are leaving good reviews if you enjoy the show and rating us high on whatever. Wherever you are listening, Okay, to take you out, We're going to play something kind of silly. Since Brennan was going on about donuts during the show for a little bit there, a few seconds, but still it occurred to me that I am going to play the song Donuts from a band called Punch Drunk Monkeys. They were a local band here in the late nineties into late nineties, and they had a clown as a vocalist named Crappy the Clown and it was a spectacle. If you want to check their stuff out, there's a tonne. I have a ton of live stuff on the last exit YouTube you can find as well stuff with just Crappy the Clown. But it's uh yeah, it's just kind of comedy metal. And here is Donuts from Punch Drunk Monkeys. I'll see you next time.
Speaker 8: Nuts.
Speaker 5: I want some moments.
Speaker 8: I off dons or a tin style donuts. Kill go expressly if he waits.
Speaker 7: Him sixty from eating dog or tar stime, he is an give me a call the devil kill come hard hair fat hair.
Speaker 8: Boys boy, go nuts as the tuk on a real bar. Or kill No, my boy, you got some doughnuts. I'm like, I don't.
Speaker 7: Jonathan goats the Devil's play thing.
Speaker 8: The road to Hell is paved with good and cashes. We have hair it's failure.
Speaker 7: The Ice Communica.
Speaker 3: Say different things. I sold my soul.
Speaker 8: To Ball So.
Speaker 3: It's a bakery.
Speaker 7: Macon Donuts, Vacant Stage and Donuts, E Donuts, Broomstone Doughnuts.
Speaker 8: Do sne.
Speaker 3: You have been listening to Where Did the Road Go? Thisw This show has brought you in part by our patreons. You can find more at www dot Where Did the Road Go? Dot com website designed by John Shooter Strop. The intro for the show was reimagined by Andrew Hamm aka Lord Happiness on Spotify, and the voice is Psyche comire of Psyche Corporation. Artwork for the show resigned by Timothy Renner, Jeff Ritzman, and Nadim Mahi Bahi. General inquiries, comments, et cetera can be directed to contact at Where Did the Road Go? Dot com dot com. Thank you all for listening and for all the support. Www dot Where Did the Road Go? Dot com?
Speaker 1: Subway knows someone means big barbecue energy to keep the barbecue vibes going even when the clouds roll in. With the new barbecue pulpork sub indulgent polpork on your choice of freshly baked bread, gooy shredded mozzarella and cheddar, crunchy colesla, and tangy pickles, all smothered in a smoky barbecue sauce. Now at your local subway. Available for a limited time only,