Speaker 1: Bill Cunningham, the Great America. Welcome this war. It's wonderful Wednesday afternoon, the tri State after the great debate of last night with jad Vance, who goes to the same church that I go to. And secondly, Tim Wallas, it looked like he didn't have his dentures in half the time. Coming up on Sunday course of the Redgs and I'm sorry the Reds, the Bengals, the Bengals and the Ravens teed up about one o'clock at the pay Corse Stadium getting ready for that and so much more. But I was kind of shocked at the debate last night, even MSNBC and nice things to say about jd Vance that could be the kiss of death. But nonetheless a column by Curtis Halk of Media Research Center, he wrote this on October the first, which I think last night pointed out what occurred a star contrast, he said, moderate folksy football coach Walls versus weird and dangerous jd Vance. And then the debate happened last night. And first of all, Curtis Halk, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. You're with Media Research Center news Busters. Give me your references to the debate last night this Wednesday afternoon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, Bill, I always pleasure to be with you. I just I think there's a couple of things here going on. Number One, I think it's definitely a tell that jd Vance did so well and the liberal media know it that they're resorting to doing a couple of things. Number One, focusing so much on January sixth and abortion. ABC's Good Morning America really made that the central focus of their post debate coverage.
Speaker 3: Their coverage on Good.
Speaker 2: Morning America's arguing, as Jonathan Carl did, that this election is not really about policy or you know those testy concerns Americans have about oh, I don't know, the economy, housing, immigration, the border, of the schools. Who No, it's really no, no, no, It's really about democracy. And Jade Vance's answer ninety minutes of debate, that's what we need to talk about, and this is what defines the debate to this, I'd be like, it just shows how out of touch they are and why it was such an insane decision to give ABC this debate the presidential debate last month, so we have that going on as well. I think that's definitely a theme that we saw as well throughout the post debate coverage. MSM Seed did this, CNN kept doing this as well, Abby Phillip and Dana Bashi and Jake Taffer. The Spin room kept coming back to January sixth, despite what Scott Jennings was trying to do and talking about Walls's radicalism on abortion and his lack of clarity, I guess to be charitable when it comes to his resume, and overall, I think obviously the moderators as well were definitely a huge story as well. Noradonnell, Margaret Brennan. We're definitely on the pompous side, I would say.
Speaker 3: And we have a.
Speaker 2: Story up by er Nick Vonakara where we graded the questions. He crunched the numbers and found that there were twelve questions from the left see neutral and only five from the right.
Speaker 4: Which is better than normally.
Speaker 1: I mean, really, so twenty eight of the twenty eight of the thirty three were either from the left wing or neutral, and then you had five of the thirty three that had a conservative One of the worst parts I thought was the opening remarks or answer to the questions by Tim Wallace.
Speaker 4: He looked scared. He looked frightened here that why did I look like? Who am I?
Speaker 1: What am I doing here? And then the denture problem, it looked like he didn't have his dentures incorrectly. He looked scared to death. And when I asked about Tianaman Square, which of course he lied about. If I was in or around Tianeman Square when the tanks went up against that dude, I'd never forget that.
Speaker 4: But he flatly lied about that.
Speaker 1: And then the answer was, well, you know, I was born in Nebraska, and I was riding my bike when the lights went on, I had to go home. I'm a Nebraska kind of a guy. I was born in a ditch. I used to lick water from puddles in a ditch. That's where I came from.
Speaker 2: He never answered the question, well, it's like he channeled Kamala Harris saying, well, you know, I grew up in the middle class family. You know, I think we're gonna see how much he uses that. Well, then he does this whole thing on a knucklehead. And then when he was asked in the Dana Bash interview, he did with Kamala Harris a little more than a month ago. They were like, he said, well, I really don't have good grammar, Like.
Speaker 4: What, oh, I'm a knucklehead.
Speaker 2: Like Scott Jennings on CNN last night was like, his excuses basically come down.
Speaker 5: To, well, I'm too.
Speaker 2: Dumb you guys to like know where I was like, I mean, yes, we can talk about how Donald Trump and Bellish is in yes, lies. But the idea then that we're not going to be talk about or we're not allowed to talk about how other candidates the Democratic ticket has both candidates have huge holes in the resumes is ridiculous. In fact, I think actually it would give the media a lot more credibility if they were willing to fact check and really dig into the resumes of the Democratic Party. But they are so scared pantless their own audience that they would be seen as both.
Speaker 1: Sides ing you can't do that, you can't be fair and independent. And you have in your column, which is really you brought the receipts you have quotes. Vans has been described as quote weird, dangerous, anti woman who believes the supremacy of whiteness and masculinity.
Speaker 4: Where the hell did that come from?
Speaker 1: JD Vance is about the supremacy of whiteness and masculinity, who said that.
Speaker 2: This is just a grab bag at we got this, and we got this, and you know JD Vance's this and uh, Donald Trump and his campaign are the ones that need to tone down the rhetoric after Donald Trump got shot in the head, like, what are you talking about? Uh, that was Margaret Brennan also lobbying that nonsense as well, So going into the bit, we knew exactly what was going to happen here. David Muir and Lindsay Davis Navcy debate, their fact checking was much more scripted. They admitted to this afterward. H David Muore's a sub many places. He's not a very smart man. He's kind of Ron Burgundy of news anchors. His sense of structure is an offense to preschoolers, Whereas Nora Donnell and Margaret Brennan are a little bit more condescending in their fact checking, Like Jade Vance would finish n answer and then they would state whatever gobbledy book they wanted to say, but they didn't direct it advanced. They didn't say, well, Senator Vance, blah blah blah blah blah. They just set it all smug and moved on. And if like your vance, you're like what a simple know, a simple note would have been sufficient.
Speaker 1: Curtis Halk of the Media Research Center NewsBusters, you also have something posted from a CBS correspondent who said Tim Waltz is an attack dog, but he's so joyful and jolly as he bites. I'm thinking the marshmallow Man, you know, I'm thinking about the Ghostbusters.
Speaker 4: He's the marshmallow Man.
Speaker 6: He's an attack dog, but he's so joyful and jolly when he bites.
Speaker 4: That's him.
Speaker 2: He's joyful wood stab you to death?
Speaker 4: This like what?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 2: You wonder the journalists sometimes though, are the just like is this a mad libs exerciens for some of these people like, Oh, I'm just gonna pull an sat word out of here so I can like seem like I'm really smart and going after Republicans, or I'm gonna create some crude analogy. That's what you just feel like they do in a lot of these production meetings, they just wonder because they say the same thing every day, so they realize that we're gonna say we got to talk about our hate for Republicans differently and and that's really what I think it comes down to.
Speaker 1: And how about this one, Rachel Maddow, I have a My executive producer is Tony Benner. He often tells me how much he loves Rachel Maddow, and Rachel Maddow smeared. Jd Vance is a fashion speech squasher. I don't know what a fascist speech squasher is, but that's what Rachel Mannou said. Jadvance is a fascist speech squasher.
Speaker 4: What the hell's that?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 3: Don't even mean?
Speaker 2: They pointed out how he's like he's his attacks on liberal academia put him in the same like realm as like Nazis.
Speaker 1: Yes, Jade Vance, Yes he's a speech squasher. Well do you think somehow you know? One thing I've noticed, and Curtis howk you're a great observer of the political scene, is that the Democrat liberals have wonderfully phrased the abortion arguments quote reproductive freedom, and they talk about the twenty twenty five manifesto that the candidates have rejected that talks about a registry when you get pregnant, that women must line up in the handmade tail and you gotta line up and say I missed my period. I missed my period, and there'll be a federal registry kept for women who missed period.
Speaker 4: Then they stop headed up by JD.
Speaker 1: Vans to show up your door to see how far along you are with your pregnancy, and then they're going to monitor the pregnancy, et cetera.
Speaker 4: Does anyway, But would anyone believe this?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: And the thing is even CNN Daniel Dale, the snibbling little Home Monitor Canadian on CNN like H like is that's not quite it? H. And this is why the left is so insidious.
Speaker 4: Bill.
Speaker 2: You have to connect it to the previous discussion about Rachel Manow and dance and academia. They sometimes go on these long benders where they just kind of weave and wave and they try to make all these historical connections and comparisons, so they kind of just muddy the waters. So that because they seem really smart and they had a lot of words behind it, like that means it must be true.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And they do this with Project twenty twenty five in abortion and if not true at all, it has to do with simply submitting anonymous pregnancy data and miscarriage data that would be submitted to AHHS and all States act. A lot of states actually do this apparently, or some of it. Sometimes it's required. So that's if it's already happening. I guess we already live in Handmaid's tale world.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, you know, I don't get it.
Speaker 1: But the liberals have correctly, from their perspective, define abortion as reproductive freedom. Less than one percent of abortions care or health is healthcare. To kill a baby, that's healthcare. It's not healthcare to the baby. It's just the opposite of healthcare. And when you bring up the factor, well, at what point between zero and forty weeks would it be wrong for a woman a mother. By the way, women have babies and not men, I'm wrong for a woman a mother to kill a unborn baby is seven month or eighth month. The first thing out of the mouth is that doesn't happen. But it does. Every year there's about six to seven thousand abortions have healthy babies after six months, which is six to seven thousand lives snuffed out. And the second thing about that is this idea that baby.
Speaker 4: Born alive is not a fact.
Speaker 1: In fact, the Democrats in Congress vetoed the other day at an action that said, if a baby happens to be born alive during a botched abortion, that the doctor must use reasonable medical care to save the baby's life that he just tried to kill. But the Democrats don't want to do that because they want to have abortion through forty weeks.
Speaker 2: Correct, Yeah, exactly. Scott James brought this up on CNN last night. During Kim Wall's tenure as governor, state data from the Minnesota Department at Health has revealed that there have been eight deaths of infants who survived abortion attempts. Now, under the Minnesota abortion law, doctors are under no requirement or oath to administer care to any child that survives abortion. And he brought that up last night and the liberal panel David Axerod, fake Republican Melissa Fara Griffin, and former Obama official along with Aserrod Ashley Allison all completely lost their minds talking about, Oh, do you think this is complicated? You know, these children were probably headed for really tough lives and it's no one's business. It shouldn't be anyone's business what women do to their babies. I mean, it's just really gruesome stuff. And at the end, Scott said I have to speak up for the babies. They're not here to speak for themselves percy.
Speaker 1: Oh, and then he also brought up the fact that government controlling your bodies. What the hell happened during COVID vaccine, didn't the government and corporate Amerge say I control your body and you will get the injection whether you're liking it or you can't leave your house, and we don't want to control your body though. Reproductive freedom, my butt. It it's all about, and the vaccine had to be done. And large employers. You can't leave your home, you can't go to church. We're gonna put in Kentucky the governor Kentucky Bashir put cops at the entry way of churches as she kept over from strip clubs and liquor stores.
Speaker 4: But guess what, we don't control your body.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable, Yeah, unbelievable. It's healthcare.
Speaker 3: It is care.
Speaker 2: There's caring, kill killing.
Speaker 4: Oh really growth.
Speaker 1: Lastly, Rachel Madow tied jd Vance to a series of anti Semitic and fascist revolutionaries who want at the universities destroyed the nineteen thirties and forties because they spread communist ideas. So this guy from Middletown, Ohio, who went to the Marine Corps so he had the GI bill to go to Ohios. Date, Dan Yale is somehow tied to destroying universities. So if the truth doesn't work, make something up.
Speaker 2: Right, less than one percent of Harvard faculty identify as conservative. Don't you think that's a problem. See, this is a thing. Left doesn't think that's a problem because they believe they are on the side of truth. So if there is an ideological imbalance, they say, too bad, because we're the right lies so much anyway, they think the bias is not only happening, it is good. It's just like with abortion. They're now at the point with late term abortions where they're not denying it's happening, and in fact they're going to say, yes, it is happening, and it's as good. With vance, you just make the she just made this insane comparison when literally all he said is said, here's one quote that she took issue with. The universities do not pursue knowledge and truth. They pursue deceit and lies, Nazi rhetoric.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Lastly, CNN panel loses it when Lonely Scott Jennings mentions abortion survivors left to die in Minnesota, and because he was so accurate, that panel had to shout him down immediately, including pro choice so called Republican Elisa Farren, Griffin, David axleron Asley Allison. They exploded the idea that abortion kills unborn babies that are generally healthy, and they could not allow that thought to get out there, could they?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, no, absolutely not. I mean, Scott brings the facts on CNN on a daily basis. You see how uncomfortable they get when he just merely brings up very basic facts. What's funny was Yeah, Lisa Farrow was like, where did you get that?
Speaker 4: He said from the Minnesota Department of Health?
Speaker 7: True?
Speaker 2: And yeah, I say, yeah, I just said it was a department of health, Like.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, some maga blog.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Well, lastly, I said to a friend of mine that I hope this is the last debate. And Donald Trump does not do well in debates. His policies work, his debating tactics do not. Would you agree with me? Curtis Halk of the media research centernewsbusters dot org that this needs to be the last debate because many states are voting. In fact, I'm going to vote next week absentee, which is stupid. We should vote for four days before the election.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: But uh, would you encourage Donald Trump to know his role, shut his mouth, go to the rallies and get elected president.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, he's exactly right to not want to participate in a debate right now. ABC can be all starky and condescending like they were this morning. Rachel Scott said, well, he debated in late October in twenty sixteen, twenty twenty. Well, you can say in retrospect that was the wrong idea because you exactly write states. There are states where people have been able to vote for multiple weeks at this point in early voting. So that's why having debates in.
Speaker 10: Like June is such a better idea.
Speaker 2: At this point, have the debates before people can actually vote. And I think Jadie Vance was just so polished. I think it was one of the strongest debate performances by a Republican in quite some time.
Speaker 1: The only thing close to it is when Billy Boy Clinton in nineteen ninety two approached the camera and said, I can feel your pain and also your daughter's chest, but I added that little part. I eded that field, but I can feel your pain.
Speaker 2: We'll go down like Stockdale.
Speaker 5: You know that was here.
Speaker 4: Give me my dentest. Let me get him in.
Speaker 1: This is beautiful but great website, NewsBusters dot Org. Curtis Hawck, once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show and breaking down last night's great debate.
Speaker 2: Always a pleasure, Bill, Go Bangals. Hopefully we can keep it rolling on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Hopefully.
Speaker 2: You know he kind of rake the ship.
Speaker 4: Well, the Ravens look pretty good.
Speaker 1: They got a pretty good rushing attack, and the Bengals defense is like the Magineo line in nineteen forty when the Nazis went around it.
Speaker 4: But nonetheless, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: All right, Curtis Halck, you're a great American, and thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Curtis. Carry on, folks, God bless America.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more your reaction five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand or pounds seven hundred all on news Radio seven hundred wlw ah Right, Billy cunning In, the Great American, the Great debate was last night.
Speaker 4: I'm proud of JD.
Speaker 1: Vans, who goes to my church by the way, met him about eight years ago. Good guy, normal, and Ohio is largely being ignored by the national media because we're not in play anymore. I remember the good old days that Iowa, Ohio and Florida or at the epicenter of getting elected to the presidency if you're a Republican. In fact, no Republican president in American history won Iowa, Ohio and Florida and still easily lost the election other than Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: He did it.
Speaker 1: He won Iowa, Ohio, Florida by wide margins that somehow he lost the election in twenty twenty. And so I thought the debate performance was quite good. I know it was great because MSNBC had to admit after the debate that JD. Vance did a pretty damn good job and that Grandpa looked like he didn't have his dentures in correctly, and he had that stare at the far look like the marshmallow man, Who am I? What am I doing here? Not a good performance. It raises the idea there's been reporting that Kamala Harris had insomnia, wasn't feeling well on the day she had to pick her choice. Mark Kelly to me, was the obvious choice from Arizona because he's from a swing state. He's popular in Arizona. His wife, Gabby Giffords was shot in an assassination attempt by a crazy guy he was. He's around the earth a few times. He is an aeronautical engineer. The other choice was Josh Shapiro, a governor of Pennsylvania, which would have been the best selection. But there's so much anti Semitism and Jewish hate inside the Democratic Party that the Democrats could not select a jew to be on the ticket. That says a lot about the Democratic Party, doesn't it. And you might know that Donald Trump has Jewish grandchildren, so he has different feelings. So the person left was I guess that Tim Walls and didn't play well at all last night, and more information is coming out about him and about Doug m Off, the husband of Kamala Harrison. It all it's all bad, and Tim Wallas is a clown. But if you're a Democrat and MINESDA, you're going to be elected to the governor's position. That state's going completely blue. Much like in Hamilton County Democrats are going to win everything except I hope the Prosecutor's office Melissa Powers is doing a great job or spots are out, but that's a different story. But by selecting if she was on some binger and couldn't sleep and didn't have her wits about her, I have no idea why. Assuming the Democrats did not want a Jew representing them, which is where the Democratic Party is today, that is Josh Shapiro, he would have been the best and almost what it may have taken Pennsylvania off the table. But nonetheless, she selected someone who performed quite poorly last night and doesn't seem to be up on the issues. Tim Walls, and of course he lied repeatedly, and Jade Vance had to overcome Tim Walls, which was somewhat easy, but also the two inquisitors from CBS News, Mario Brennan and also Nora O'Donnell had to overcome both of them in order to win the debate by any fair measurement. One poll was he won eighty percent of the votes and many people that saw a different character, a different person than the media as told about about jd Vance up to this point, So that's interesting. A couple other stories to get out in the public domain. I don't know if you read the New York Post, which I try to read everything in the morning to get ready for you. This morning, at ten thirty three am, a big Colin was posted at the New York Post. Doug m Off accused of force fully slapping New York City girlfriend flirting with another man at a ritzy gala in twenty twelve. You may know that in twenty thirteen, Doug m Off proposed to Kamala Harris and they got married in twenty fourteen. According to this report, women have come forward to indicate that second gentleman, Doug m All fifty nine years old, struck his then girlfriend, a successful fellow New York attorney and the face so hard she spun around in a valet line after an event at the Con Film Festival in May of twenty twelve.
Speaker 4: I don't know about you. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Too many people going to the Con Film Festival, and three unnamed girlfriends reported to the truthfulness of this report. The woman, who is asked not to be identified because of fear of retaliation by the Democrats, allegedly called one of her girlfriends sobbing in the cab. Immediately after the incident, she said, I don't know what to call the French police.
Speaker 4: How do you do it? Here? He hurt me.
Speaker 1: We were on a date and he claimed that I flirted with some other guy and he just whacked her. At three am in the morning, they were out trying to get out of the Han Film Festival. There was a giant, gigantic line of taxis, and so he went up to the valet, offered one hundred dollars bill of euros. He got to the head of the line, the valet took the one hundred dollars and while he was waiting for the car to come up. Allegedly, this date of his a fellow, an attorney female from New York City, started flirting with some other guy in the line and they were both drunk. Doug m off in his date the first gentleman. According to The New York Times, my impression was Doug had a lot to drink and I was sobbing on the phone. I didn't know what to do. The pair had been dating each other for about three months. It was the first exciting date overseas. They had dinner. She said Doug m Off was very charming. It was lovely. Each of us had quite a few drinks, and between two and three am we were still under the influence. I was wearing four inch high heels and floor length gown. It was time to depart, and there had been no fighting up to that point. He simply hauled off and builded me. I didn't know what to do. I said, what the f was that all about. I tried to slap him back, but couldn't. She's very embarrassed by the incident, causing minor injuries to her face. That is the first gentleman, Doug m Off, who MSNBC interviewed the other day, calling him the future of American macho. Somehow, Doug em Off represents the new American male who wants his wife to be successful, which is a bunch of crap. I've been married to a successful woman for about fifty years, and from the time she went to college and law school and became a magistrate and a judge, and a judge and a judge, and now she has certain state positions she holds. I've always supported my wife. I don't know a man who doesn't. We don't need to be taught by Doug Amahoff how to treat women. So we're going to see over the next few days what comes of this. I would predict little or nothing will come of it, because it is so bad for the image of the new male. Doug m Off who number one, knocked up his nanny, got her pregnant, and this was a nanny that was nineteen years old at the time. I guess it was legal in a sense, but he impregnated his nanny and there was no reporting how quickly she made the trip to Planning Parando to kill the baby. But nonetheless, now there's sexual assault items coming forward about Doug m Off in twenty twelve, which wasn't at the same time he impregnated his babysitter. So that is the new gentleman. The all of us have to look forward to a lawyer who impregnates his nanny and then slaps a girlfriend of the con Film festival and the woman says a girlfriend of the woman says, she's gorgeous, She's a strong woman. She would never expect someone like Doug to hit her like that. When he hit her, she tried to hit him back and said, don't ever do that again. I asked, if you ever apologize? She said no, so they broke up. Now I can only imagine if jd Vance had engaged in similar misbehavior, if jd Vance had pregnanted a babysitter and then I assume pay for the abortion and then slap a girlfriend, what the media would have done with that one. But em Off allegedly entered the trip Early returned to his home base in Los Angeles for his daughter, Ella's thirteenth birthday, and he and he and the lawyer from New York City the female never saw each other again. And also there's pictures in the story. So if you want to go to the New York Post today, it's up there, and let's see what happens. May I suggest nothing doesn't fit? Does It doesn't fit the new American supportive male who impregnates his nanny and slaps a girlfriend. Doesn't fit the narrative of what the Democrats want to tell you, So that won't arise. Plus, a friend of mine texted me something last night during the Great Debate with the VPS, and he says to me, if you kill a pregnant woman and a negligent or intentional act, you're charged with the death of both. So, assuming that unborn baby is like a callous or a growth or something other than the human being, how's it possible that Most states, including Ohio Indiana, have laws that if you kill recklessly, negligently, or intentionally a pregnant woman, you're charged with the death of that woman, but also with the death of the unborn baby.
Speaker 4: Right, So how's it not a baby?
Speaker 1: Secondly, the Department of HHS in Washington says the pre natal care begins at the sixth week of pregnancy. You must get it by the tenth week of pregnancy because that's when the heart begins to beat six weeks into the deal, that is a baby. You know, a growth, a cancer, tumor a callous inside your body doesn't have a separate heartbeat.
Speaker 4: Would you agree?
Speaker 1: And so if the government says, in one hand, if you kill a pregnant woman, you're charged with two deaths because that baby is a baby. And secondly, if the federal government says you must have pre natal care between the sixth and the tenth week, prenatal care means pre birth of a.
Speaker 4: Baby, it is a baby. Right, So how are those three things consistent? They're not?
Speaker 1: They talk constantly about reproductive rights right. Women and men have a duty in the right. They have reproductive rights right you absent rape and incest, which is less than one percent of abortions. A woman then voluntarily has sex with a man and she gets pregnant. Could she have stopped at ahead of time her reproductive rights by using birth control pills or a diaphragm or the how about plan B two to four days after unprotected sex, wash it out of your body, never gets to the point of having an unborn baby, so they have to they've won the argument about reproductive rights and the health of the mother. What happens to the unborn baby during an abortion is out about health care to the baby, the great majority of whom are females that are aborted. Man, I don't think so, so we'll see what happens down the road. But once again, it's pointed out by a friend of mine that when you intentionally or negligently kill a pregnant woman, you're charged with two deaths, not one.
Speaker 4: So how's that not a baby?
Speaker 1: Separate life, separate soul, separate genity, code, beating, heart, brain active, whatever it is that is a baby. And so the Democrats can't answer to the fact is when you suck a baby and dismember a baby in the womb, that is a human being with eyes and toes and feet and a smile and teeth and brain activity.
Speaker 4: That is a baby.
Speaker 6: If a woman doesn't want to get pregnant, God knows, there's multitude of ways to not get pregnant, absent rape and incest, which is less than one percent. So the great bulk of these abortions are killing unborn babies. And I would say live with it now. Secondly, I was asked by a female friend of mine this morning, why in the hell are you voting for Trump? Because he's crude and he's rude and he's nasty. And I said to this woman, I was out of breakfast and I said, ma'am, I'm not.
Speaker 4: Voting for Donald Trump. Now listen again. I said, I'm not voting for Trump, and I'm not voting for jd. Vance. I'm not doing that.
Speaker 1: What I'm voting for is the First Amendment, freedom of speech and freedom of religion.
Speaker 4: I'm voting.
Speaker 1: I'm voting for the right of my opinion not to be censored by the federal government that will use the power of the Department of Justice to shut down any negative media post about COVID or about Joe Biden and will be eliminated. I'm not voting for Trump. I'm voting to seal our national boarders.
Speaker 6: And I'm voting for legal immigration, choosing who wants to come here.
Speaker 4: I'm voting for that.
Speaker 1: I'm voting in a sense for the Second Amendment so i can defend myself and my family. I'm voting for police officers and corrections officers and deputy sheriff. Yes, I'm voting for those who save us to be respected once again. I'm voting for law and order. I'm voting for personal responsibility in the end of the revolving door where criminals were back on the street quickly. I'm voting for the return of our troops from foreign countries. When Kamala Harris said about three weeks ago, no one American soldier is in harm's way, she forgot about Syria and Lebanon, for out about Iraq, where American soldiers are killed and injured repeatedly by Iranian militias.
Speaker 4: I'm voting for that. That's what I'm voting for.
Speaker 1: I'm voting for the appointment of conservative federal judges that will not create law but interpret I'm voting for progress in the Middle East. I'm voting to keep men out of women's sports. I'm voting for freedom of my religion practicing a Roman Catholic. I'm voting for the return of math and reading and science instead of indoctrination in our schools. That's what I'm voting for. I'm not voting for Donald Trump. I'm voting for those principles. So if you think Donald Trump is gross, if you think he's ugly, he's got a bad hairdoo, not as coherent as he once was, or that he's not as good as JD.
Speaker 4: Vans. I had a few texts saying I wish that guy was the president. JD. Vance.
Speaker 1: That guy, not the media caricature of JD but the reality of JD. Van's a guy that I've known for eight years. That's the guy I'm voting for. I'm confident in that. So I'm voting for all those other things on our rights could be eliminated in the next four to eight years in so many areas if we don't change, if we don't stop it. For the first time in American history, the Biden Harris administration has colluded with big tech to suppress political speech they consider unfriendly. Zuckerberg put up five hundred million dollars and then all of social media got calls from the FBI, from the CIA, Department of Justice. Hey, by the way, that Hunter Biden laptop, you know, is Russian disinformation And they knew it was a lie when they said it, but they coerced private companies to screen from you necessary information upon which you could cast an inform ballot. For the first time in American history, one party has attempted to remove the presidential nominee of the other major party by indictments in lawsuits. I'm voting against that. And intelligence agencies have been so politicized that fifty one current and former heads of intelligence agencies lies on behalf of Joe Biden, Kamala Harris. I'm voting against that. Wouldn't you elect to vote against that? We have a deep state. We have the fourth branch of government and the bureaucracy serving the interests of the Democratic Party. Now, I'm not a knee fight in these areas. It's going to be very difficult for Donald Trump to eliminate the Department of Education and return power to the states. It's going to be difficult to get rid of the director of the FBI, the head of the DOJ, and all the assistants and deputies. Its going to be very difficult to have the bureaucracy be restrained. Going to be difficult. But let's begin in the fight. Let's see what we can do. Let's take a short break. I'm not voting for Donald Trump. I'm voting for you and me. I'm voting against things like inflation. I'm voting in things like for a secure southern border. I'm voting against the evy mandates. I'm voting against no cash bonds, I'm voting against reparations based based upon race. I'm voting for a whole bunch of stuff. When I cast my ballot for the Republican Party, generally there'll be one or two Democrats I will vote for, including Charmaine McGuffey to be the sheriff of Hamlet County. I'm voting for that fine Democratic sheriff because she's doing a good job. But about ninety five percent of my ballot's going to be for people like Melissa Powers and Bernie and Bernie Marino, and Trump and.
Speaker 4: JD.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm voting for. Well, let's continue. Thousands on hold, millions are listening. One of my favorite guests on cable is Gordon Chang. He's a Chinese American and has written a book about what China is doing to America. Stay tuned for this. Gordon Chang is next as your Home of the Bengals and Pete Rose News Radio seven hundred w old of you.
Speaker 4: Let's continue Borland running him the Great American.
Speaker 1: But for many years I've watched Gordon Chang, who's a columnists of Newsweek, and they're contributing to Hill and the Rightful News from MACS about his knowledge about what's happening in communist red China, those hush a plain desires to do and whether or not the lots of money were paid to the Biden administration directly and indirectly to influence American policy. But the new book is out which is fabulous about what is the plan for Communist Red China And the name of the book is Plan Read China's Project to Destroy America by Gordon Chang, author of China is Going to War, which we know what's going on. There's a great fear that the weakness of America right now may be used by communist Red China to attack Taiwan. That would change the world indefinitely. And Gordon Chang, welcome, I think for the first time to the Bill Cunningham Show and Gordon Chang. Why is this book necessary today and what does this seek to inform the American people concerning to communist right China what they intend for this great country of ours.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you, Bill.
Speaker 7: I wrote the book because I believe most Americans misperceived the nature of China's quote unquote challenge to the United States. The Communist Party has declared a people's war on us, and we're Americans, so we believe that we're entitled to ignore what our enemies say. But people's war is a term with deep meaning in Communist Party thought. It means total war, and that is what China has been doing. It's been waging its brand of war, which they call unrestricted warfare. So for instance, COVID, fentanyl, intellectual property theft are all elements of this, as well as political warfare. What we've got to be extremely concerned about is that China is now waging proxy wars on three continents. You have Ukraine and Europe. You've got insurgencies that look like wars in North Africa. They're being fueled by China, and of course China backing Iran's attack on Israel. We got to be concerned that China will start a war direct war in East Asia itself, could be Taiwan, could be the Philippines, Japan, and of course right now Chinese troops are fighting Indian ones in the Himalayas. This is a world at war that China believes is in its interest.
Speaker 1: You know, Gordon Chang, When I see and I read the report of what China is doing, we got to get into the trillions of dollars that the middle class in China is losing, and also the demographics of China, which is a different issue. But historically the left says China is not expansionist, that historically, going back hundreds or thousands of years, it is not in the Chinese character to expand. Can you refute that allegation of the radical left.
Speaker 7: Well, first of all, Chinese civilization started along the Yellow River and then it expanded both north and south, and we have that did not happened peacefully. This happened through war, and then we have seen China engage in all sorts of wars to expand its territory. In nineteen seventy nine, it invaded Vietnam. In nineteen fifty at the founding of the People's Republic, which was the year before, it used troops to absorb in annexed what they call Sinjong where the Wakers and the Cossacks and the other Turkic minorities live. And then of course against Tibet. So this has been a country built on the backs of others who do not want to be part of the People's Republic or part of China.
Speaker 4: This is warfare.
Speaker 7: You don't start from a narrow river valley to become such a large country by being peaceful.
Speaker 1: Fentanyl, solar panels, theft of IP intellectual property. During all the debates, including a VP debate, you heard about fentanyl coming across the southern border. One hundred thousand Americans are killed every year through fentanyl. That number is going up if China, If Chinese citizens are caught with fentanyl, unlike their plan for America, what happens to a Chinese citizen and possession of fentanyl.
Speaker 7: Very well could be a death penalty. The penalties for drug possession and use in China are severe, unlike they are in the United States. But we know that the Communist Party has been behind the fentanyl trade. Chinese diplomats give covered to the kangs. Every container that leaves China is inspected by Chinese officials. The fentanyl gangs launder their proceeds for the Chinese state banking system. The Chinese owned TikTok promotes illicit drug use in the US. We have the near total surveillance state in China and which means these fentanyl producers could not operate without the knowledge and approval of the Communist Party. And by the way, some of the fedanel producers are state owned okay so Jijiapang.
Speaker 1: The leadership and communists right China want to kill as many Americans as possible through knowing a wide open southern border. Let's talk about penetrating American society. I know there is literally hundreds of millions of dollars. The Chinese government provides the colleges and universities to twist and turn the real goals of China. Explain how China has infiltrated our colleges and universities.
Speaker 7: Well, China uses every point of contact to undermine and take down our society. And of course they do this through not only colleges and universities with their Confucius institutes and through other means, but also in our secondary schools with the much more numerous Confucius classrooms. And what they try to do is to change the narrative about China and to prevent discussions about China that the regime does not like. They do this through the Chinese students that they have on campus. They pay tuition at full rates, and so universities are very respectful, if I can use a polite term, but essentially they're intimidated by the Chinese student. But you know, this is our country, bill We know how China controls those students. They do it through their consular officials and through Ministry of State Security operatives.
Speaker 4: And we allow this.
Speaker 7: And it's not just the current administration. Previous ones have known about this and permitted it as well. So what we need to do is break those links. As I mentioned, right now, we're being overwhelmed as a society. Our law enforcement's overwhelmed, our state government's overwhelmed. Colleges and universities, overwhelmed businesses Hollywood. Until we cut those links, we will not be able to take control of our own country.
Speaker 1: So there's tens of thousands of bright Chinese students infiltrating many major college campuses, universities, and also high schools. At the same time, there's few, if any American students allowed to go to Chinese universities. I would think that the opposite cannot be true. And then were as reporting about a year ago of Chinese police stations inside of America that keeps an eye the Chinese students and others explain their role inside of America.
Speaker 4: Of Chinese police stations.
Speaker 7: Yes, there was a Chinese police station in Chinatown and New York City which was closed by the FBI, but New York Post and Daily Caller reporting suggests that there are about nine other police stations scattered across the country. And the Chinese have been saying, well, you know, we just provide help with driver's licenses and things like that, and they make it sound benign. But even if it were just benign, it would be a violation of our sovereignty for the Chinese government to operate on our soil.
Speaker 4: Without permission.
Speaker 7: But we also know that from these police stations they also use it to monitor Chinese nationals and ethnic Chinese in the United States, including Chinese citizens American citizens of Chinese descent, and they coerced them into doing all sorts of things, including espionage. And they do it through intimidation and blackmail because many Chinese in America have relatives back in China, and they threaten to harm those relatives back in China if the Chinese in the United States don't do what this communist party wants them to. And we know this is going on, and we have done very little to stop it, with the exception, of course, of the ending of the police station in New York City, but there's many more.
Speaker 1: It's as a god fearing flag waving American, I find it incredible that the Chinese government operates military police stations inside this country to keep its population in line. That's unbelievable. Let's talk about weaknesses of China. I see these documentaries of trillions of dollars in the Chinese government has spent building ghost cities in which middle class Chinese are encouraged to put all their money. They don't have a stock market they're own four to one case and that's their retirement package. And there's literally thousands and thousands of buildings in China that are unoccupied because they misconstrued the market. Can you explain to the American people the trillions of dollars the Chinese government and a sense those to itself and whether the one's about to collapse?
Speaker 4: Is that true or false?
Speaker 1: About the trillions of dollars the Chinese government builds these ghost cities in which no one's living in it and they're being destroyed by the elements.
Speaker 7: Well, that's certainly true. Last September there was a former senior statistics official gave a public speech and he said that China had enough vacant apartments to house its entire population of one point four billion people. And this official said, look, you know this figure is subject to some doubt because China may have enough vacant apartments for three billion people. So you can get the sense of the dimension of the problem. Chinese people a should point out, because there are limited places where they can put their money, they have really looked at vacant apartments as currency. You know, we may have dollar, we may have stocks.
Speaker 4: We may have a few gold coins.
Speaker 7: Well, the Chinese have vacant apartments, and right now those markets or vacant apartments has collapsed, and the Chinese people have lost a substantial portion of their personal wealth because about seventy percent of the wealth of the Chinese middle class are in those vacant apartments.
Speaker 4: So what's the consequence of this.
Speaker 1: Trillions of dollars lost, one point five to two billion available units which are being destroyed by weather elements. No one's moving into them. What does that mean economically for China?
Speaker 7: It means that they're probably almost inevitably will be a crash. Beijing has been using all of its means, and it has considerable means to try to prevent this adjustment. The way to look at this is that China is now having its two thousand and eight downturn. In two thousand and eight, it didn't want to have a downturn, so it overstimulated its economy. It encouraged developers to build these ghost cities that we just talked about, but it also built high speed rail lines to nowhere and everything else. Now it's got to pay it back, and China has a problem because yes, it has a lot of foreign currency, but it doesn't have a foreign currency problem. It has a local currency problem, and they don't have enough of it. And essentially what's going on at this point is the regime is trying to prevent the adjustment. In other words, we had an adjustment in two thousand and eight. We called it a recession, a very deep recession. China's trying to prevent it, and by preventing it, they're making it worse. They now spend nine dollars to get one dollar of gross domestic product, if you can imagine that.
Speaker 1: So one of the consequences you talk about a collapse, and certainly that is possible, an absolute collapse. But I often watch Peter Zihan and others talk about the coming collapse of China. We're not talking about democh graphics yet, we'll touch out on them in But by assuming there's going to be trillions of dollars of losses and the Wan it's going to crash in value, wouldn't that make it sense from Chinese perspective to invade Taiwan at that point in a sense, to crash the economy. They're an import economy. Everything they bring into China, food and energy, fuel has to be brought in, there'd be a massive dislocation of world resources because there'd be a boycott. If there's a crisis in China, is that more likely they would invade Taiwan.
Speaker 4: Or some other place.
Speaker 7: Taiwan's not the only society that China has in the cross areas Japan, Philippines and India. And yes, I think Sidrin think he's under domestic pressures, and I think that he believes that some military misadventure abroad is it to him advantageous. I don't think he believes that he can rally the Chinese people with that, because the Chinese people certainly don't want war, and least of all, they want war against Taiwan for a lot of reasons that relate to the Chinese people seeing the people in Taiwan as Chinese, and the Chinese don't kill Chinese, although the people, by the way, in Taiwan don't consider themselves to be Chinese. But nonetheless, I think Si Jimpang knows he can't rally the Chinese people, but he believes that he can prevent other senior Communist Party leaders from deposing him if there is some sort of battle, and I think the most likely target is the Philippines. There can be a lot of discussion about where China will move. But just a couple of days ago they injured ten Vietnamese sailors and this was another attack that shows that China is lashing out.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Lastly, demographics. I love hearing reading your stuff. The book is great and plan read and Peter Zion is another guy that I follow. He says there's a demographic a demographic crash, and which for fifty years you could have one child in China and that was generally a male child, and abortion ubiquitous in China, much like in New York or Los Angeles, but nonetheless, and that there's a big hole in the Chinese economy of people between the ages of twenty and sixty who should be growing and spending money and taking vacations, and that whole demographic collapse is going to bring about the end of China.
Speaker 4: What do you say, Gordon Chang? Will that happen?
Speaker 7: Well, China's current population is one point four billion. If you look at total fertility rates and other factors, China probably will lose two thirds of its population when this century. This will be the steepest demographic decline in history in the absence of war or disease, And essentially it means there's going to be a very different China. China, which is now more than four times as populous as the US, probably will be about the same size as when the clock strikes twenty one hundred. They may have thirty, maybe forty million people more, but China will be a middle sized country at the time of the century. And we don't know exactly how that's going to affect society because it's never happened before. But clearly China is not going to be the magnificent superstate that everyone projects.
Speaker 10: It to be.
Speaker 1: They have three times the navy, they're expansionists, and China has penetrated every part of American society to kill Americans, to miseducate kids, and it continues. The book is fabulous. I love watching you on the cable channels. Plan read China's Project to Destroy America by Gordon Chang. Great stuff. Warrants of a real and present danger facing this country. And we got so many problems. Everywhere I look, Gordon, I see chaos, I see confusion, I see floods, I see wars, I see missile exchanges everywhere I look, there's a crisis, and China over there is not in the I think the periscope of many Americans, but this book brings it to center. And Gordon Chang once again, you're a great American, and thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show, and please keep doing what you're doing. And Gordon Chang, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you, Bill.
Speaker 7: I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: God bless it. Let's continue with more. And he makes the point, does America have a plan to defend himself against China? Imagine many dozens of police stations inside of America and run by the Chinese Party to keep its population inside of America under control. And if they don't, death, disease, horrible things. What happened to that person in America or to the family members in China? Keep an eye on that. Let's continue with more. Bill cunning and the Great American Live at Room of the Bengals News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: So I've become friends with school shooters, and I'm a knucklehead at times.
Speaker 9: Hello, buyet, and I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 10: So I've become friends with school shooters and I'm a knucklehead at times. He said last night, I've become friend with school shooters.
Speaker 4: Who is that? Walls? Tim Wallas?
Speaker 1: He's a friend of school shooters and he's a knucklehead.
Speaker 4: I heard the Middletown Zone.
Speaker 3: JD.
Speaker 6: Vans just said, see, you would want to be in the debate last night. He even let the CBS ladies that had right then they cut his Michael, what's up with that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: It was what sued him. It was one on three and one one of course one one. Yeah, now here's another story. You don't care about domestic violence?
Speaker 7: Do you?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 4: Who is it?
Speaker 1: Kamala Harris's husband, Doug m Off forcefully slapped an next girlfriend for flirting with another man and a booze fueled assault after a date to a star stud at gala. That's the second gentleman now soon to be many think the first gentleman beat up a woman?
Speaker 4: Is that news? I would say, so? Yeah? Do you think?
Speaker 6: Will you watch the CBS, NBC, ABC? What if JD Van said some girl that came forward to say JD.
Speaker 4: It'd be impeachment number seventy nine million? And he admitted that is not JD.
Speaker 6: But rather off knocking up his nanny, his babysitter when she was nineteen, he had elicit sex. So while Kamala's out running around on the southern border, he's at home.
Speaker 1: Doing a wild thing. But that was before. Maybe they're doing it on this southern border. But Doug Amoff now is knocked up a girlfriend. Yeah, I'm sorry, and nanny slapped a girlfriend and he says he's the future of manhood in the country.
Speaker 4: Of course, ms at the other side. That's it.
Speaker 1: That's it, seg The truth will set you free at some point. Can I tell you one more Pete Rose story?
Speaker 4: Go right ahead.
Speaker 6: Pete's managing the Reds as you may know, correct. I don't know the day.
Speaker 1: It was eighty seven, eighty eighty nine. He calls me, he said, Willie, all the wrestlers are in town Saturday night at Riverfront.
Speaker 4: I said, yep.
Speaker 1: He said, Little Pete would love to meet hal Cogan. I said, oh, I think I can get it done because I was doing ring announcing right and now from parts unknown. So anyway, I get there a couple hours early and Pete said, just call me, we'll come on down. I said, okay. It was like in November. It was cold, and uh, Pat we'd love to get Pete here. Would he be what he would he involved himself in the event, and I said, well, you got to ask him about that. I don't know, so I called Pete, bring him on down. I had my son Evan. We go down there, and what's a picture with Haul Cogan? So I have the picture somewhere Evan, me, Haul Cogan, Pete Junior, and Pete Rose standing there getting a picture taken. And Pat Patterson says to Pete, would you get involved in the event?
Speaker 4: He said, what do you want me to do? Now?
Speaker 6: Later on, as you know, he got the tombstone from Caine the Big Machine, and he was a chicken in the ring at one point.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I regress. So we set up this deal. Okay, the big match. It was packed at the coliseum. Would Jimmy Superfly Snooker was there? You had, mister wonderful Paul Orendry, you had all and the big match was gonna be Hogan versus Piper.
Speaker 4: The pat Patterson set it up.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, I announced that it was about an hour and a half, two hours into it, and I announced, you start the music. Here comes Hulk Cogan running down with the American flag, you know, and I announced him.
Speaker 4: He comes into there.
Speaker 6: He runs around the flag of the American flag, and they begin to announce Rowdy Roddy Piper.
Speaker 4: Your former client, my former d UI client. That's a different story.
Speaker 1: So all of a sudden, the music stops and they start playing take me out to the ballgame, And I'm in the ring. I'm looking around the fancy of the ball game. Pete Rose in uniform, runs down the ramp and jumps into the ring to confront I'm going, Yes, I'm going, people are going. He gets into it with Hulk Hogan. He gives them the people's elbow.
Speaker 6: About about a minute into it, Pete Rose is out and at that point here comes Piper in his skirt down the ramp.
Speaker 1: For that's Pete Rose by the ankles, throws them out of the ring. I'd get Pete Rose on my arm and we'd limp off together and then ding ding ding thing the match begins.
Speaker 6: Only in America. You can't make it up. No, how about when he got the by Kane by the way in the cane. Isn't he a mayor somewhere? Yeah, he's a mayor in city in Tennessee. Knox County, Tennessee's the man right right, the big reda brother of the undertake. Yeah, exactly can you? And none of that's nobody. This is forty years nobody had to. He gave Pete the pile driver at WrestleMania.
Speaker 4: Wait, I sent that. I sent that to didn't. Yeah, we gave.
Speaker 6: Pete the pile driver in WrestleMania. We got to get that out. Hold on, let me see if I got He's in there at a tuxedo. He's looking good.
Speaker 4: HETE's going nuts, and uh, I don't know where in the hell there it is?
Speaker 6: There it is. I can play this, Yeah, I've listened to it a few times. Pete staring at Kane. But you can't make it up in a big red machine.
Speaker 4: They Rose can't talk. Cat's gotta stop. They might think this is fun of games man, but this is all not pay Rose. Good call.
Speaker 11: Pay Rose, pay pay Rose. Just got Toombstone. Pay Rose, just stop Toomstone. And this cop Loston, London cannot.
Speaker 6: Later my back, doctor, doctor Bob Earnst. I sent him down and he said, have Pete give me a call. I said, Doc, it's a bit too late, I think, so say give me some sports. Will he the stooge reporters of pro Service, every local Thamestar Heating and air Conditioning dealers Thamestar quality you can feel in beautiful Northern Kentucky called Tom Rerickton Heating and air Conditioning at eighty five nine two six ' one eighty two sixty nine spots.
Speaker 4: Thank you Roxy.
Speaker 6: The Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town your tailgate headquarters for Sunday. Tombstone Bengals have cleared defensive end Miles Murphy and defensive tackle McKinley Jackson returning to practice, both of announcince with knee injuries. Defensive end Trey Hendrickson still day to day? What with that next stinger from last last sun? How come his arm was in a sling? If he had a next stinger, I guess they had something to do with it. I'm not the doctor.
Speaker 4: Are you day to day yourself? You think I am Doc? Kremchek? Are you day to day?
Speaker 7: Way?
Speaker 6: MLS Soccer FC Cincinnati looks for their eleventh road victory of the season tonight, facing off against New York City FC seven o'clock Fox Sports thirteen sixty FC FC Cincinnati defender Miles Robinson has been named the United States national team roster for the upcoming October International Window. Eh, let's see they will play The US will play Patama on next Saturday in Austin, Texas as.
Speaker 1: Even a chicken outfit at some point inside.
Speaker 4: That I think so yeah, vaguely yeah. And he took off the head.
Speaker 6: It might have been in Atlanta, got pummeled by somebody beat the crap out of him again. College basketball, the NCAA has announced the first four will be back in Dayton through the year twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 4: I love Dayton. I like that.
Speaker 6: At you beautiful UD Arena, the home of Mike McConnell. Purdue, and Indiana picked the finish one to two in the Big Ten Conference basketball media poll.
Speaker 4: Ohio State his eighth. What about Michigan? Tom Weiedman wants to know what at Michigan was like?
Speaker 6: Eleventh no good the twenty twenty seven final fours in the Motor City of Detroit. Twenty twenty eight in Las Vegas, Viva Las Vegas, Elvis Presley style.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 1: Maybe he and Ann Margaret will make an appearance. I think an Margaret's still alive, isn't she?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I think thinks she's still alive. She's got to be ninety. Tell you she was a houghty. Tommy right now used to date her, you know that after Elvis? I know, yeah, I don't want what to tell you about that, but tell you what the uh life and times of Pete Rose, there's nothing like it. No, he had. He had a complete life. He got it all life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dave, see if you get keating, see if you can find Pete Rose in the chicken outfit, because that was one of the classic moments.
Speaker 6: I mean wrestling, baseball, wrestling. You know they played, remember they played off season basketball. We had a big game around around around the city, around the area on the offseason you may recalls, were playing that eighty four to eighty five.
Speaker 1: The workers were laid off UWS laid off in Norwood. So I got ahold of the Robinson family and we did a charity basketball game at the Cincinnati Gardens and we had uh. Of course I played, of course, I was the point guard, of course, but Pete Rose, Paul O'Neill was there, Sabo played Anthony Munhos, Robert Jackson played. We had a failings of basketball and football players to come and play the the the Auto Workers All Stars. We beat him ninety seven to seven or something. We played lockdown defense and we were dunking on them. I made sure we had dunkers.
Speaker 4: And you had how many points? Twenty eight? Twenty point? How many assists?
Speaker 1: I had none. Once the ball came to med, I figured it was a black hole. It's just simply it wasn't returned.
Speaker 6: So Munos and Rose and Robert Jackson wanted the ball. Munos could dunk the basketball.
Speaker 4: Of course, got the second chicken, bro how the hell is the second do it? He was out here a challenging viti O. Kay go wait a minute, you know what that may be.
Speaker 12: Healths they and another this guy may triple it togein Han Fushy Cane, Ka, ka the great A minute, Kay, there's tight Rose, Now can't Beatty.
Speaker 4: That's tight Rose. Paint down again.
Speaker 12: Can't you remember last year in my plomania, paint Rose suffer a turnstar the hands of Cane again. I'm then the turnstile to paint Rose, the pack player for the former filling out your.
Speaker 6: Billy, What the hell is team thinking about Prestlania fifteen SEG you can't bet. I don't want to celebrate his life in said to worry about his death. I want to celebrate the life of Pete Road.
Speaker 4: Amen too.
Speaker 1: That unbelievable. Andy Mack plus Tom Brenneman talked about this show. It was a Pete and Johnny show. It was correct TV said that both had restaurants. Yeah, bench was out in north Gate and uh Roses was right down the street from the beautiful Western Bowl.
Speaker 6: Now at the center of it all. Was he involved of Ron's roost in the beginning?
Speaker 4: I don't think so. It can't any chickens left.
Speaker 1: You think a chick fil a Ron's roost and there's in.
Speaker 4: The Kentucky Fried chicken. Uh, there's no chicken left, is there?
Speaker 6: Or not for the other two but us number one of you, Yes, but there's there's there's no chicken.
Speaker 4: No, no, it's such a good thing. Give me.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine in this political season if the uh if jd vance admittedly impregnated a babysitter, oh and then slap some girlfriend.
Speaker 6: Uh, he wouldn't be on He wouldn't be where he is he'd be he'd be admonished and and thrown out. But mister Kamala Harris, mister Kamala Harris, just let it go. Know your role and shut your mouth.
Speaker 1: Segment Get me out of the student's report coming up next to Rolando Sanza about the great debate he d with Greg Landsman last night and also the VP debate. The great debate. You didn't see it, Sag. You're probably sleeping right. I think so, yeah. I watched every minute with coke and popcorn. JD kicked his ass like mister ass would.
Speaker 4: Do, Willy and utter of a beautiful day here in the Tri State.
Speaker 6: We leave you with the immortal words of the stood report.
Speaker 8: We're buying the Reds to win. Anything else is unacceptable. We will not rest until we are putting a contender on the field.
Speaker 7: You're in and year out.
Speaker 8: Our first step will be to create one of the most respected organizations in baseball. Look forward to your winning attitude and culture. Well ensure that the best people are in the right roles with the resources to win.
Speaker 4: Your reaction.
Speaker 1: In the last ten seasons, last ten full seasons, how many winning records have the Reds had?
Speaker 4: Not many?
Speaker 1: One one don't know what to say segment. Thank you for your involvement, Yes, sir, I cherish our time together, Yes sir, and may we be together for many years to come.
Speaker 4: Amen, Let's continue.
Speaker 1: Coming up next to Orlando Sanzo who would become a US Congressman. Greg Lansman has the job and Orlando sonso wants that work on News Radio seven hundred w out.
Speaker 4: Bill Cunningham, the Great American.
Speaker 1: Coming up later this hour will be Judged Josh Berkowitz about the illegal activities of the Clerk of Courts of Hamlton County. And in fact, in that particular case Municipal Court of Hamilton County, Democrats and Republicans joined together in calling out the illegal activity of the Clerk of Courts of Hamilton County. And we're going to discuss that with Judge Berkowitz in about forty five minutes, but until then, Orlando Sonza is the candidate for the first Congressional District, which is largely Warren County in parts of Hambleton County. Had a great debate last night with Greg Lansman who's currently holding the position and Lando. Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show and Orlando. Let me ask you a question first. Are you prepared for the first question?
Speaker 3: Bill, let's do it and listen. Thanks for again for having me, especially have a big win from last night's to be.
Speaker 1: I'm hearing about that you did as well as Jade Vance did. But you know, your friend Greg Lansman is running a spot in which you and the fact he's running all these commercials means he thinks he's in trouble saying that the Democrats and the Republicans in the Congress must pass laws that prohibit congressman from benefiting from their own passage of regulations, rules and laws. And I would point out that the number one culprit is Nancy Pelosi. Nancy Pelosi and her husband Paul have made literally hundreds of millions of dollars with insider information, doing much better than Warren Buffin. So is it somewhat disingenuous for Greg Lansman to talk about I'm going to Washington to stop congressmen and women from participating in the stock market when they have insider information, when the leader of his party has done it for years? Do you find that somewhat hypocritical?
Speaker 3: That is absolutely hypocritical and On top of that, it's hypocritical of Greg Lansman himself to be conducting the very things that he speaks so outspoken against. Look, we prosecuted the case successfully against Greg Lamsman last night, and one of the things that we brought up is that you cannot do tv ads claiming you're going to Congress to stop potential insider trading if you are being alleged in national news sources that you yourself have failed to disclose over eighty stock transactions while you sit on the Small Business Committee in Congress, have invested in the companies that you railed against in twenty twenty two when you ran against Steve Shabbit, and then you fail to report those stock transactions in violation of the Federal Stock Act. That was a fact at the beginning of the debate. And guess what the last question that was fed to Greg Landsman last night was exactly the truth. Why in the world should the voters of the first Congressional District trust you if you are being accused of violating the Federal Stock Act? And at that point I just had to say everything that has been said in this debate is completely true. He cannot be trusted. He cannot be trusted when he was on Gang of five on Cincinnati City Council. He can't be trusted now because he's violating Federal Stock Act. As a hypocrite, you.
Speaker 1: How many times Democrats and liberals will run up ads describing their own behavior and then decried, exactly right, he's engaged in the behavior that he criticizes, hoping the media won't pick it up. And you're on Channel five, Sriapolo, et cetera. I watched some of it, not all. I was getting ready for the EP de band I got to talk to you about that. But wasn't there a sense by most of the observers that you kicked his ass?
Speaker 3: That's the look. I didn't say it, but that's exactly the sentiment that we heard as soon as the debate concluded. And here's the other thing, too, Bill, is that you can't be on Cincinnati City Council Councilman Landsman calling for an ethics commission to be stood up so that there's better transparency for public officials when it comes to their financial reporting. When you yourself don't even comply with financial reporting requirements as a sitting US congressman, This is exactly what Americans are tired of, Hi selection officials saying one thing and they do the complete opposite.
Speaker 1: Secondly, I talked about this about an hour ago, and maybe you've not seen it. It came out about ten thirty three am this morning. The New York Post has a headline Doug Amoff, as you know, is the husband of Kamala Harris. Doug Moff accused of forcibly slapping New York City girlfriend for flirting with another man at a ritzy gala in twenty twelve, which is the year before he proposed and got married to Kamala Harris.
Speaker 4: This story says to the effect that the two.
Speaker 1: Of them quote Doug went up to one of the valet guys the line was too long and offered the head valet one hundred dollars to go to the front of the line. And Doug got that deal done. But as he left his girlfriend and that both of them admit they.
Speaker 4: Were drunk at three a m.
Speaker 1: In the morning, by the way, in France at the cons Film Festival. I'm not sure you've been there many times, but the Conn Film Festival. And then as he went back to pick her up to walk her back to the front of the line. She was looking supposedly at some other guy and both parties, and she was a lawyer in New York City. Of course, Doug em Off as a lawyer from Los Angeles at that time still is, and he slapped her very hard, and she said, my impression was we had a lot to drink, and I began to cry and try to hit him back, but I couldn't. We had dinner. Doug was very charming, he was lovely. Between two and three in the morning, we left, and because he thought I was looking at another man, he was furious. He hauled up quote and slapped me so hard, spun me around. I was in total shock. I was furious that he would slap me in front of all those people, And all of a sudden we got to the front of the line, got into the car. I called a girlfriend. I didn't know whether to call the French police, didn't know if they had nine to one one.
Speaker 4: I wasn't.
Speaker 1: I was somewhat ineperate it, but I was shocked that Doug m Off would slap me. Do you think this story is going to hit the national media other than the New York Post?
Speaker 3: Well, Bill first of all. That's my first time even hearing of this, so I've got to look into the greater detail. I mean, it is a crazy accusation. If there's any truth to it, this just speaks to again, we've got to go back to a sense of just civility, decorum, respect for people, no matter what. Look, I am so focused on prosecuting the case on Greg Landsman that I really don't have time for anything else. And here's the thing you talk about, lack of decorum, lack of professional lack of civility, and smugness and arrogance that was on full display against my opponent last night. Where you've got in the current sitting congressman, a lack of professionalism, civility, respect, the arrogance that he showed. There is in the military, we called that conduct unbecoming of an officer. Well guess what that was conduct unbecoming of a US congressman. And it's about accountability and it started last night and we are going to deliver that accountability when we win this election November fifth.
Speaker 1: And also Doug m Off, as you know, the current second Gentleman was described by MSNBC as the future of the way men should behave toward a woman. He's the new twenty first century man. Also impregnated his own nanny, who was nineteen years old at the time. So he impregnated the babysitter, slapped the girlfriend, and this is the guy we got to follow. Hello, which amazing, incredible. Now I take it you watched the Great debate last night, the VP debate. Give me your analysis between what happened between Lance and what happened, of course with Waltz and who do you think won that great debate?
Speaker 3: Well, I will say that I think I think the great debate was the seven to eight PM opener with Saza versus Landsmen. But there was another great debate. You're absolutely right about that. We were the opener to that VP debate. And I got to tell you a huge win last night for our side. Not only did we deliver and prosecute the case for the first Congressional District of Ohio, you had Ohio Senator jd Vance prosecuting the case against this failed Biden Harris administration. And now Tim Walls wants to join the train and thinks that he's going to fix it. I haven't watched the whole thing, but from the highlights that I saw and from the people that I've talked to, it was a huge win for Senator Vance. He did exactly what it needed to do. You he needed to get in and get out and make sure that he painted Tim Waltz as the elected official that he is someone that's wrong on every single policy issue that matters for America. Look, they have no solution to fix in this economy, absolutely zero solution for fixing the southern border. And you talk about this erosion in confidence of our public officials. You've got Tim walt constantly lying about his history, where he's been, what he's done, lying about his military service, lying about his trips to Hong Kong. That he just completely thirded around and beat around the bush. And I appreciate those moderators not letting him off the hook and nailing him saying that no, you've got to answer the question were you speaking truthfully? And there he is saying, oh, I misspoke. Well, this is the same Tim Waltz that miss folks and said that he carried a gun in combat in war.
Speaker 11: No, you did it.
Speaker 3: You never deployed. In fact, you left the National Guard so that you can run for Congress and then never got out as a command sergeant major like you said you were. In fact, you got out as a master sergeant because you didn't go to command sergeant major school Son. Excellent job by Senator Van I would hope that they do another debate. Of course, why do that you end on a high note. Of course, the harrits Waltz team isn't going to commit to another bait because they're scared. So we did what we needed to do on both fronts last night.
Speaker 1: And isn't it true that the better the top of the ticket does, the better it is for you. Now, if there's a huge Warren County and the Republican turnout, that that helps Alno Sanza quite a bit.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right. Listen, There's going to be a wave that we're going to be able to ride from the top of the ticket down. And not only is the top of the ticket going to take back the White House, that top of the ticket is going to sweep across Ohio and we are going to take back the United States Senate when Bernie Marino shared Brown and finally retires that guy, and then from then on we are going to grow that majority in the US House you're absolutely right, Bill.
Speaker 4: How many years did you serve in the military.
Speaker 3: I served proudly three and a half years as an infantry officer and a finance officer at the third Infantry Division, alongside my wife, Jessica, the Cincinnati native, fellow West Point grad and also commissioned US Army officer alongside her. Proud of that service, always will be proud.
Speaker 1: Tell the American people, just give me the capsule of who is Orlando Sanza. What is your background and what is your main platform? Tell the American people more about you personally.
Speaker 3: Listen, Look, my story is like many Americans who can proudly say they enter this country legally the right way right. I was born in the Philippines, moved here when I was three years old. My parents, Orley and Susan, came here with their kids to pursue this so called American dream. Instilled in us these values that in this country you can do whatever you set your mind to. Bill, I took advantage of that opportunity, and I wanted to do it through a lifelong commitment to service, service to community and country. The only thing I wanted to do as a little kid was to serve in the US Army as this US Army soldier.
Speaker 4: I did that.
Speaker 3: I went to West Point and met my wife there as classmates, commissioned as a US Army officer, proudly served my country, and then after that continued to serve. Became an Ohio CPA, served right here in Big four accounting in Cincinnati before getting the bug to enter public service again.
Speaker 4: So what I do.
Speaker 3: Went to law school, went to Georgetown Law to be a prosecutor, came back to Hamilton County to be an assistant Hamilton County Prosecutor, and that's where I continue to serve my community. This is a call to service once again, Bill, a call to service. Just like I raised my right hand alongside my wife Jessica eleven years ago to serve in uniform, I'm serving my country again to protect the American dream, not just for my family of four young kids, but for every single American family out there. We've got a story to tell. It's a compelling one. We're going to fix these issues from the economy, the southern border, restore duty, honor, and integrity back in Congress, and that's how we're going to win this race.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, Greg Lansman likes to think of himself as a career politician going up the ladder of failure and mainly in private life. When you fail at the bottom, you don't go to the top. And Lansman's case, he's failing at the bottom now he's rolling up to the top thinking he can stay in Congress after this. He wants to run for the US Senate. After that, run for the presidency. And he's a left wing liberal. He doesn't talk to talk overwalk the walk. He runs campaign commercials describing his own behavior of profiting at the public trough personally. And I'm glad Orlando you've called it out. Orlando, I met you, I think once or twice. I love your wife and your three little kids. They're darling. And why a normal, god fearing, patriotic guy like you once get into politics, I don't know, but I'm glad you did it.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Bill. It's about service again. We need more of that, and that's why we're doing this.
Speaker 1: Orlando, son'sa good luck in the first Congressional district. And may God bless you and God bless America. Orlando, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Thank you Bill.
Speaker 1: Here let's continue with more you can only imagine if the shoe was on the other foot.
Speaker 4: And let's say, let's say JD.
Speaker 1: Van said slap the girlfriend half nuts in the cann Film Festival and then impregnateted a babysitter or nanny. What the media would have done with that and the doug am Hoff behavior the second gentleman soon to become Some think the first gentleman has that background. And if you would need more information on the most recent violent acts that doug Amoff committed against women, go to the New York Post. They have a long story here about these allegations waiting for a refutation or a confirmation of his assaulting a woman and uh in con Film Festival in twenty twelve. Now, of course he did admit on he didn't met during an interview, that he impregnated his nanny and that uh the implication was uh terminate at the pregnancy. And that's who the second gentleman is, doug am Off. Let's continue with more if a line becomes available five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand news coming up plus later on as Judge Josh Berkowitz Amity County Municipal Court in Unison, Democrats and Republicans have smite it the Amity County Clerk of Courts. Perik is his name for illegally committing acts while in office. And that'll be about two forty five today at your home of the Bengals News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: So I've become friends with school shooters and I'm a knucklehead at times.
Speaker 4: Oh hell, hello, quiet.
Speaker 9: I'm scos, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 4: Buddy.
Speaker 1: Governor Tim Walls debated last night that quote, I've become friends to school shooters.
Speaker 6: I've seen some highlights and not good. Didn't look too good. How are we looking not good?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 6: One thing for you to reflect upon that heat Pete Rose getting another tombstone from.
Speaker 4: Caine the Big Red machine.
Speaker 1: Each candidate's first selection to an important position is the VP, all right, and then they got to appoint three thousand other people to fill out the executive branch of government. Now the media has pictured JD. Vance is a fool of clown, a white supremacist, and a Nazi. What we saw last night was a was a lawyer and a father and a husband and a good guy.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 4: That was a good choice by the Trumpster with the other guy and the other guy in the highlights. I saw he was a clown. I'm a knucklehead at times.
Speaker 1: Tim Walltz is a self professed knucklehead who's a friend of school shooters.
Speaker 10: That would become friends with school shooters.
Speaker 4: And that's the that's the first pick of Kamala Harris. That's the best.
Speaker 6: Can you imagine? Then the rest of the selections? No, how are we looking?
Speaker 4: Not good?
Speaker 6: Seg Man, give me some sports. Please get in now to the student's report. Will he The Stooge Reporter is a proud service of your local temp Star heating and air conditioning dealers. Tame star quality you can feel in beautiful Milford, the home of one main gallery called Baker Heating at five one three eight three one fifty one twenty four.
Speaker 4: Would you become the friend of school shooters?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 4: Please continue.
Speaker 6: Bengals Update brought to you by Good Spirits, Wine and Tobacco and Party Town to your tailgate headquarters for Sunday. Bengals are with a walk through inside the Bubble this afternoon. Get ready for that Ravens contest?
Speaker 4: Are they ready?
Speaker 6: They have clear defensive end Miles Murphy and defensive tackle McKinley Jackson to return to practice. They now have twenty days to get ready. How about Hendrickson? You forgot about him? Both have been sidelined with knee injuries. You forgot about him.
Speaker 4: Defensive end Trey Hendrickson listed as day to day. Are you day to day? All? Go ahead?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm day to day.
Speaker 6: MLS soccer FC Cincinnati on the road tonight up against New York City FC, the Orange and Blue looking for their eleventh road victory of the season, Tonight, seven o'clock, Fox Sports, thirteen to sixty.
Speaker 4: Do you have hope? Yes? Go ahead?
Speaker 6: FC Cincinnati defender Miles Robinson has been named the United States national team roster for the upcoming October International Window. The USA will take on Panama next Saturday in Austin, Texas.
Speaker 4: What do you mean window?
Speaker 6: I guess they play games up until like next week and then the MLS and that is off for this some other soccer thing.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: These guys get like every third week off for like about two or three weeks, and they start in January, don't they kind of yeah, I think they got a longer season. In NASCAR college basketball, the NCAA is announced it the first four will be back at U the Arena where it belongs in Dayton through the year twenty twenty eight? What about Don donaher passed away go ahead and then so that's it?
Speaker 4: What do you mean that's it? We got baseball?
Speaker 6: Twenty twenty seven final four will be in Motown AKA Detroit Louisville and twenty twenty seven will have a first and second round there.
Speaker 4: What about Cinde Young Center? What about Cincinnati?
Speaker 6: Twenty twenty eight, the final four will be in Las Vegas Viva like Elvis. Well, what about Cincinnati? First and second round there in twenty twenty eight will be at Nationwide Arena in Columbus.
Speaker 1: Now answering the question, answer the question? What about Cincinnati?
Speaker 6: Not on the list through twenty twenty eight? Let's see, you got baseball today? You got Detroit and Houston. Tigers up one oh so, three game set too in Kansas City and Baltimore. The Royals lead at one oh Padres beat the Braves four nothing last night, so they go up one oh oh and then the Mets.
Speaker 4: How about that Mets? How about that.
Speaker 6: Knock off the Brewers in Milwaukee. I kind of want Milwaukee to win that because or a smaller market. I like nothing about New York except I love Sean Hannity. Would you agree, correct? I would think that you wait and see, it'll be the Yankees and Mets in the World Series.
Speaker 4: Will make me sick to my stomach. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I want the Reds in the World Philly, So I have something to say about that one was and a few other teams. When was the last time a local team won a national title?
Speaker 6: That's uh, about four years ago Xavier won the National Invitational Tournament? Right, Xavier won the knit That's correct, for a second time?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: They won it? And what nineteen fifty eight?
Speaker 1: It's Pinchback and Kirby and Toby. I knew those guys. I played with him. Now, let me ask you this, who will next win? You know, the World Series or the Super Bowl? Reds are the Bengals? Who's next up? Of course the Bengals not one one yet, but you never know, right, you heard you heard Bob CASHELINI earlier talk about we're just not going to lose anything, Right, I would.
Speaker 4: Say the Bengals have a good chance to win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: When what year? I don't know, Oh, you maybe tell me, maybe this year. Tell me they'll come back from an zero to three.
Speaker 4: Start right now. They're wanting to.
Speaker 6: Roll their way into New Orleans segment, Get me me walk into New Orleans like Fats Domino.
Speaker 1: That's your that's your protege. But tell you what we have, Judge Josh berkowit's coming up in about five minutes to talk about a little bit of scandal, Yes, sir, Amiliny County Clerk of Court's Office. Segment, Get me out of the student's report, Willy and Hotter of a beautiful day here in the Tri State. Then go Bengals, who day. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stooge Report.
Speaker 5: The consequential second of all Walls is a buffoon. I'm sorry this guy. He's the only school teacher in America who brags at none of his students can get into an Ivy League school, he said one consequential press interaction with our Dana Bash who asked him about the fabrications in his own resume, and his answer was essentially, MITO understand words good.
Speaker 4: I mean he's a buffoon.
Speaker 5: He's on he's on a freak ride for running under Harris.
Speaker 6: He gets covered he's on a free did you say free or freak freak ride?
Speaker 1: He's on a freak ride. He's like the Marshallow Man and goes. Plus he befriends school shooters. Coming up next is the judge Berkowitz on News Radio seven hundred You ought to be Billy Cunningham. Let's continue picking up the pieces of the storm that happened last week. It continues the effects this week, and also what's going to happen Sunday about one o'clock with the Ravens in town to play the Bengals. But until then, a few days ago, a Court of Appeals opinion came out. The headline is Appeals Court orders Hamony County Clerk of Courts to put thousands of eviction cases back online. And what happened in this case is that the Hamlin County Municipal Court judges sued the Haminy County Clerk of Courts, which doesn't happen on a regular basis to do his job. Joining you and I now is Judge Josh Berkowitz, generally of the New Norwood area. He's a municipal court judge. He was part of the lawsuit to order the Hamilty County Clerk of Courts to do his job, and Judge burker Witz, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Judge, can you tell the American people what's at staken this decision and why you were forced to go to court to sue the clerk of courts.
Speaker 13: Well, Hi, Bill, thanks for having me. It's great to be on with you and with your listeners. The one point I'll correct you on so far is we did not sue him.
Speaker 4: He sued us.
Speaker 13: Oh, it's a really strange, unusual and frankly, very sad situation. This all started a while back when the clerk decided to unilaterally remove all eviction records court records from his website older than three years and so that's tens of thousands of cases. And he did this all on his own without even any notice to the court. In fact, the appeals court judges that just ruled on this noted that we learned of it from an Enquirer article when he did a press release, and you know, the judges of the court obviously were concerned. There was no notice, there was no no availability to the public that these records were not being published online like every other court record and so we you know, we tried to resolve this situation working together and cooperatively with the clerk, as we've always done, and that was just not successful for a long period of time. In January of this year, I became the presiding judge of the court and I kind of thought it was my obligation to again try to resolve this dispute. And he wouldn't even meet with me. I refused to.
Speaker 7: Meet with me.
Speaker 13: He demanded that he have a private attorney appointed to represent him, and ultimately we missed. He never met with me, and so we sent him a letter. We informed him that he was in contempt of a court order and that he could be held in contempt and that he was ordered to restore these court records to his website. And rather than comply, he filed this lawsuit.
Speaker 1: And the lawsuit is going state x row. Is that Peven Periq, he's a new clerk just recently in the job. Am I saying his name correctly? Pavan or Peven Perique?
Speaker 4: Is that his name Pavin Perik?
Speaker 1: And so he said that I have he sued you, the Honorable Josh Berkowitz at all as a judge of Hamlet and County alleging that he had the right to take out a public domain these eviction records because he thought it was injurious to the parties to have that information in the public record.
Speaker 4: But damn it, that's his job, isn't it.
Speaker 13: That's that's exactly right. And the Court of Appeals really came out very strongly and clearly on this issue that he doesn't have the authority to do any of this. His job is ministerial in nature when it comes to court records, and what he asserted was an authority over court records that exceeded even an order of the court itself. It's really a pretty absurd argument and very much misleading to the public. I mean what he did. If you rely on this website, as people have for several decades now for access to open courts, you would have no idea that the website only contains records within the last three years, and that all these thousands of cases older than three years have been removed. It's really an unfortunate situation and very sad that it's all been done at taxpayer expense. Ordinarily, the Hamilton County Prosecutor acts as the attorney for both the court and the clerk's office, and since obviously they could not represent both of us or either one of us in this circumstance, private council had to be appointed for both parties. And so this has all been done at taxpayer expense and very much unnecessary.
Speaker 1: According to the According to Perik, the clerk, of course, he said, quote this is to prevent certain members of the public, being primarily employers and landlords, from potentially relying upon court documents and considering future employment, housing, and other potential opportunities to individuals. So his goal, I guess, was to tell employers and also landlords that this person's got a clean record, when the public records would indicate, say, Tony Bender's been evicted seven or eight times and is kind of a deadbeat, and that the public needs to know that fact. And so by saying you can't go back more than three years, he violated a clear requirement of the state statutes. And what he said was I want to do something for those who have financial difficulties as opposed to following the state law and a cost of taxpayer tens of thousands of dollars him not doing his job. And so I guess the purpose was to assist individuals that it can't pay their bills or whatever. But in reality, he violated state law.
Speaker 13: Correct, that's one hundred percent correct. One of the things that the Court of Appeals noted and that we argued throughout this this litigation, is that he never once presented any evidence of anyone even asking him to do this. There was never any you know, no party sought this remedy. You know, Bill, we have a process, and there's a process in state law where people can apply on a case by case basis to have certain information redact did or removed from the website. I mean, this is a process in state law, and he just did away with all of that and took it on his own authority, asserted his own authority that he, as the clerk of courts, could determine what records, what court records the public is entitled to see and what court records you know or just too that's that's just beyond the public or it should be beyond the public knowledge. And it really is an outrageous overreach, and the Court of Appeals, i think very clearly ordered him not to do that and win a step further beyond this case, they said he has no such authority over any such records of the court, and.
Speaker 1: If he was allowed to do this, he could take any records and our public records, and to give the inquir credit for making this public and simply say, I'm deciding, is the grand potentate what the public and seeing what the public can't see? And this is were you shocked at the Clerk of Courts would not meet with the presiding Judge of Hamliny County means he wouldn't even meet with you.
Speaker 13: That's correct, Yeah, I really was. I was disappointed. You know, we all we all served the public. We're all public servants, and this was not to the court. You know, one thing I'm really very proud of is the court system functioned appropriate here. The judges, both of the municipal Court and the Court of Appeals. This was not a political issue to any of us. We recognized, we took an oath to follow the law and uphold the Constitution and we're serving the public here and the public has a right to court records. Court records belonged to the public, and I am proud that our court was unanimous and how we should deal with this situation. We tried to work it out, and I was shocked that he had no interest in any of that forced this matter to court, and ultimately a unanimous Court of Appeals agreed with us.
Speaker 4: Are you concerned that going down that his name what's his name again, Pevin Periq? Is that his name?
Speaker 1: The clerk of gords Okay, Covin, Peric, Covin, Perik. If he would do this an obvious violation of his job, costing the taxpayer series, what else is he doing?
Speaker 13: It's a very uh, it's it's alarming, it really is. And one of the things that the Court of Appeals addressed was, as you know, build in decisions like this, one of the issues is is it capable of repetition? And obviously in this case it is because today it was eviction records, but tomorrow it might be a different issue and a different kind of court record. That you know, he wants to benefit one group of the public or one constituency over another, and it's just really not what we're here to do. We don't get to pick and choose, you know, which portion of the public to favor in any particular case.
Speaker 4: And that's really what he did here.
Speaker 13: He declared that he's out to help one supposed group of people at the expense of another, and the taxpayers are on the hook.
Speaker 4: For the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you won, but this guy, this is not normal. This is far and you had Democratic judges like tyrone Yates standing with Josh Berkowitz all together said wait, man, you can't do this. And the fact that he thinks he's a big shot and wouldn't meet with the judges of Family County to resolve it is indicative of the kind of person that he is. But Judge Josh Berkowitz, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Good luck, and I got you never had to keep your eyes open to what the clerk is doing because you're thinking, well, he'll follow the job. Greg Hartman had the job, Joe Deeters had the job for a long time, have to have Pirival had the job. None of these problems arose because it's obvious what a clerk has to do to make available to the public their records of public records, and no public officials can take upon themselves the idea of violating non state law and acting as if you're a big shot and won't meet with the judges whose records that you're protecting, and so this is shocking, and I would hope the Democratic Party Hamleton County would arise and say tell him we can't do this. This is not right, because what else is he doing is a concern. But once again, Judge Josha Berkowitz, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 4: Get it out there. Let's see what happens, and good luck to you. Judge.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Bill.
Speaker 13: I appreciate your time.
Speaker 1: God bless America. Let's continue with more. I know this is a little bit inside baseball, but the clerk holds the records for the court system, and it's well known and understood what records the clerk has got to make available to the public. So when you go online, you can see this person of this entity spend in court numbers of times, and that's the purpose. You cannot, upon yourself violate the state law. And then being so arrogant that you wanted to meet with the judges whose records you're keeping, unbelievable. Let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WLW