Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's nick coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get it started at five o'clock hour here on a Tuesday afternoon coffee and company fueled about Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety always always fueled bout Thorntons. You guys know that I stopped in at Thornton's on Sunday, you know, Sunday I went and knew I knew well. In fact, I was supposed to be filling in for Tony Cruz and then he ended up I guess getting well. I think there was. I was basically on call to come in and fill in on Monday morning yesterday morning, and of course warming up in the bowl. Yeah. They keep me in the bullpines ready, you know, ready when needed. And I got the text on Saturday that he was under the weather and was going to be, you know, needing to get back to full health, and it may not be he may not be ready to go by Monday. So I told him, yeah, you know, just just let me know. I'll be in the bullpen warming up. So then I got the text Sunday that he was recovered, and I wouldn't and I wouldn't be needed. So because I have to get up, I gotta leave my house at like three thirty in the morning when I fill in on HS because the show starts at five. So I ended up going and getting gas because I needed gas and I didn't want to do it in the morning and potentially, you know, not get as early as I needed to be. So I'm at Thornton's. I'm filling up with my Refreshing Rewards membership, saving three cents per gallon. That's what you get whenever you are a member. You also at times can save up the twenty five cents per gallon for periodic pillups. But anyways, I got the text that I was not needed, So you know what I did instead of, you know, just going home and trying to force myself to sleep early as possible because I was gonna have to get up at three am, I realized, you know what, Nope, don't have to get up that early anymore. I'm gonna walk in Thornton's and head right over to the beer Cave. Went in there, picked me up a twelve pack of bush Light, and had a few beers and did not go to bed really early. And to be honest with you, it's always an honor to be filling in on the big stick, as they say. But it was also nice did not have to get up that early and enjoy a few brews and just you know, finish my weekend without thinking about that three am wake up call. And I don't mention the beer selection enough at Thornton's. They've got just about everything you'd need. So one of the many reasons why you should be a member of the Refreshing Awards program because if so, then you're considered family. I mean, we're family. So if you haven't done it by now, something tells me you probably won't because don't say I haven't told you all the reasons why you should, so, no better time than now. Refreshman Awards dot com. You can download the app on your phone if you've got an Android or iPhone. It's easy to find. It's free, and I can tell you for me, it's been a game changer. I don't remember life before being a Refreshment Awards member. Of being honest with you, what was life before that? Was it real? I don't know? All right? So Louisville in action tomorrow taking on I don't even know is it Cal or Stanford. I think it's Cal. Yeah, it's Cal. So the two the two West Coast schools coming to town for Louisville tomorrow and on Saturday to wrap up the h the regular season. And I hadn't even thought about Senior Day on Saturday, but a couple of people mentioned it on the text line, and yeah, I mean it'll be it'll be weird because I mean, you've got and really, I don't even like Javon Hadley can play in college basketball next year if he wants to. Same thing for Casein pryor same thing for I guess that's like like Fat is out of eligibility, Chucky will be with that is going to be without out of eligibility, Rain out of out of eligibility, and Big Frank is out of eligibility. So you got James, Scott, Ken, I Russ, and I guess those are the two that like we know will not be participating. But anybody else, I guess it's you know, it's tough to say because like Casen was in his final year of eligibility, but he gets an extra year because of the JUCO rule and then also he can apply for a medical red shirt and he can he can get two years if he wants, so I would assume with him not looking like an NBA draft prospect, and of course he's not even going to be able to work out for teams because you know he's recovering from a torn ACL I think it'd be a no brainer to come back to college, and I would assume he'd want to come back to Louisville, but you really just never know. So yeah, I mean, what they decide to do, I'm not sure. So we know Chucky and Terrence and a Trey ol Ray as well. Trailway is going to be the guy who doesn't have any eligibility left, so hepburn Edwards, Trejure, those and Rain and Noah, those guys are for sure going to be included in senior Day. But again, Javon, because he played a year at Juco, he could come back if he'd liked. But he is a senior, and so is Casein and Cooran. I don't know, you know, he he certainly is going to be able to apply for a medical red shirt if if he wants. Yeah, Coran is just a this is Koran's June true junior season. So yeah, he'll he won't. He won't be a part of it regardless because even if he doesn't come back to Louisville, he's not a senior. So and by the way, so for those who don't and I'll I already said this really quickly because I don't. I don't know if it's not me. For those who wonder how Javon and prior could be coming back because of the JUCO things, So diegy, Diego Pavia. That's the young man's name, right, the quarterback for Vandy. Thank him. Junior college athletes should be thanking him because he followed a lawsuit against the NC Double A claiming that his years of playing junior college should not count towards his NC double A eligibility because the NJC Double A is an entirely different entity than the NC DOUBLEA. So basically saying, you shouldn't hold you should not be able to hold years against you should not be able to count towards my four years of eligibility if I didn't spend those years playing you know, within your underneath the umbrella of the NC double A. And he won. So what the NCUBLEA did. Instead of looking at each case individually, they basically said, while we try to figure this out, we're just going to say that if you are a college athlete and your eligibility was expiring this year, in any of those years counting towards your expiration is one, if one or two seasons, even one of them, it doesn't have to be two, just one of them was played in the junior college level, then you get an you get an extra year. So Javon started his career at Northeastern, a very small Division I school, and then he went to Indian Hills Junior College for a season, was really good there, and then he was at Colorado for two years. So that year of JUCO is now not counted towards his eligibility. Same thing for Cason. Cason started his career at Boise State, and I believe at Boise State could be wrong. I believe he was there one year, maybe two. Now I'm gonna have to look it up. Yeah, So Cason played at Boise for two seasons and then ended up going JUCO and then played at South Florida last year. So technically Cason can get a year for the JUCO A year for the medical red shirt because he didn't play and enough of Louisville's games this year. So again, maybe they maybe they're honored at Senior Night. Maybe they're not. I don't know. Maybe they already answered that and I just don't realize that. I'm not sure. But yeah, I mean, look, if you've you've currently you've got you're Pat Kelsey. You've got two guys coming in. The big man from Europe who is currently I think he's Yeah, let me let me just double check this because I think this is something that not that we talk a ton about recruiting here in I mean, we just don't talk a lot about recruiting on the show. But for what it's worth, the big fella that committed Louisville out of nowhere, Sonny threw from Germany. He ended up getting a profile on twenty four seven Sports, and he is now a top twenty five player overall and a high four star. In fact, he's ranked a head of Malacamorino, who's heading to Kentucky, also one of the front court players in this twenty twenty five class. So you've let's just say, you've got Sonny through and oh, by the way, a top five player overall, the number one point guard mckel brown junior. And then let's say you know you're bringing back. Let's say you bring back when you know you well, I guess I shouldn't say you know you're bringing back, because I guess things could change. But I would hope that kenn I Rus comes back, and I would hope James Scott comes back, and I think you will. And then let's say you get Korn back, you get Casing back, you get Javan back. I mean that leaves it to where you really you've got not as many spots to fill in the portal. And if you go out there and get you know, like some I mean imagine going and getting a Chucky or a Terrence or you know, guys like that, I mean, this team could be really special next year. However, somebody stopped me the other day. I was I was where was I Oh? I was leaving Elma Paul and I was talking to somebody who who brought up something that I'd said and they and they agreed and hadn't thought about it, which, like, I'm sure there's many people who don't agree with things. That's but I don't know, like I think we just we got the we got a magical group of guys that that came in. Not to say that like these guys are once in a lifetime talents, although they're good, clearly Chucky's a special, special guy, but like you could have on paper a class that ranks ahead of Louisville's portal class that they just brought in the team we're watching right now. Like, I just I think it's really been the perfect storm for Pat Kelsey. He found guys that won, are good enough to play here, they fit what he wants to do, They're mature, they clearly have bought in and and and they are, in my opinion a lot of times a reflection of him from the sideline when they're on the floor as far as their energy and their enthusiasm and all that. So, you know, I do think Louisville could be really good moving forward. I see no reason why Pat Kelsey can't keep this thing going and get Louisville back to where they're just a consistent top tier ACC program that every year is in the tournament safely, and who knows, maybe every now and then there's a special team. Do you feel like could win at all? I mean, we're not there yet. I'm getting a little bit ahead of myself. But while I see no reason why that can happen, I also have found myself, especially during this run when they were just you know, mowing down teams, like this is a special group too, that like we should Like, I don't know how easy it's going to be to recreate how this whole thing came together, because look, there's teams out there that have better talent than the low level top to bottom, have more depth, have better NBA, better NBA prospects, that kind of stuff, But that's not you know, what's really evident in recent years is that you get guys that can play well together that are all collectively bought in, because when you're mixing and matching, you can have a roster that, man, on paper, it's loaded. It looks like it's going to be tough for anybody to beat them because they had really good players, and they brought those guys back, and then the players that weren't so good they transferred and they added other really good players. So like, finding that perfect balance is easier said than done. And I really think, you know, with this team, maybe I'm wrong here, Maybe maybe we see this team in the postseason look better than we've ever seen them play. I hope that's the case. They'd be awesome. But what has made this run so awesome one is clearly what we got what we had gone through in previous seasons where we were just you know, miserable. I mean, we were dead as a program seemingly. That's a big factor and why this has been so awesome. But also like I feel like we're getting really the maximum amount of what we can get out of these guys. Sure, sometimes they're gonna have off nights and not make shots. They'll have games where you know they didn't play their best, but like who on the floor that's playing legitimate minutes? For Pat Kelsey, do you feel like we're not getting enough out of as far as like what what? Like I guess what the better way to word it would be, he's maximizing what these guys can do. Like there's not I mean maybe maybe you could say, like Canai ruis but like he's a freshman, like you're gonna see it flashes that will remind you why he's a top thirty five overall recruit, but also you know he's an eighteen year old kid playing against playing with mostly grown ups, and again that speaks to why he, to me, should be a no brainer for Player of the Coach of the Year in the ACC We talked about that earlier for those who missed it, because I'm starting to get a little paranoid that they're going to give it to John Shire. And John Shire has done a great job, can't. I can't sit here and tear him down like he's not worthy. But this award has typically gone to a coach who's done a good job, meaning his team is good, but he's also surpassed expectations, and more than just calling them an overachiever, I think the better way to like make it because I think sometimes an overachiever can be almost like a It's almost like a backhanded compliment in a way. I think maybe not, maybe that's just me that sees it that way, But I think the best way to describe what should really factor more than anything when it comes to Coach of the Year is do you feel like a team is in the position they're in because this guy's coaching his ass off, because this guy his whatever he's doing when it comes to coaching, that has been the that has been a big factor in why a team is where they are, and there's nothing that says John Shire hasn't done a good job. But let's be real, I think a lot of coaches feel like they could take the team he has and be very successful because he's got three lottery picks on his team and one guy who a lot of people think is the best college player and like forever so Louisll's got good players, but like, let's be real, I feel like Pat Kelsey seems to be the real factor in why this is all working. And that's not taking credit away from the players. Again, we're lucky to have a lot of these guys, but like he went out there and built this team from scratch, and really, let's be honest, there's not anybody in the portal that ended up at Louisville that I feel like, was it like the top of everybody's wish list. I mean, Chucky came pretty early, but like he wasn't even the most highly he sought after guy the transferred out of Wisconsin, that was aj Stores who went to Kansas. I think prior at the last minute kind of became a because he was that stretched forward and they're clearly those guys are really valuable now. But let's be honest, like Prior played five games and then we lost him, and now Louisville's in this position. So I rarely get worked up about these kind of awards because you know, you rarely remember, like, we don't need the ACC voters to tell us that Pat Kelsey did the best job among his peers in the ACC this year. But like to me, it would be almost a crime to not give it to him, because it's so obvious that when it comes to how this award has been given out, ninety five percent of the time roughly it's gone to a guy who's done it the way Kelsey's done it. But really not even probably as because again, this is one of the best turnarounds you'll ever see in college basketball right now as far as the regular season, it just is. And yeah, the ACC being and was a factor as well, But I don't know, like maybe the ACC if it was maybe if the ACC had seven eight tournament teams, Louislle would still be in this position. I mean, we'll never know, but like roster continuity returning pieces, he's got a team that unless they slip up and lay an egg, and really, you know, it'd be a I mean, let's be real, A loss on Wednesday night or Saturday would be a bad loss for Louisville. So I don't expect it to happen. Let's hope it doesn't. But they're gonna they're gonna likely finish this year twenty five and six overall eighteen and two in the ACC, and like, like you can remove the last two years from that, right, Like, don't even like, if you're gonna think about the ACC Coach of the Year, wark, don't even think about where Louisville was prior. Clearly that's that's a that's on the minds of a lot of people because again, the story itself is I mean, the turnaround is crazy. But like, let's just say he inherited a team that left because you know, let's say, I can't this, This isn't even something you could do hypothetically because it just doesn't nobody's brain could compute this. But let's just try. Like Kenny Payne left because he was great, and everybody left with him, and he went to take like an NBA head coaching job, and then Pat Kelsey took over and had to build this thing from scratch like he did. Even if that were the scenario, it would still be super impressive because it's all out of nowhere. So again, we'll see for those who missed it, we did look it up. The voters are all ACC coaches as well as sixty media members who are allowed to vote as well, so we'll see how it shakes out. I think he'll get it, but just to see yesterday some of those who cover programs like Duke and NC State and those schools just you know, lobbying for it to be Shire and saying that he might not get it because of Pat Kelsey, but it should go to Shire because look at what he's doing. Again, I can't tell you he's not a bad job. But to give you an example, Rick Patino, I think he's the best coach that's ever existed in college basketball. He's never won Coach of the Year in the Big East, he never won Coach of the Year in the ACC. He did win it in the SEC. But do you know when let me look it up here, because I'm pretty sure he won it. You know, when he took over and they had the what do they call him, the the the what was that group of guys called the the Unforgettables. I feel like that was the news. Yeah, like he won it then because again they were coming off of NCAA punishment. Some of their games weren't even on TV. He had he had to play a bunch of guys from Kentucky who, you know, weren't that highly recruited from what I know, I mean, I don't know, it wasn't. I didn't follow high school recruiting at that time, back in the mid nineties. But like again that sort of yeah, that's to me that like he wanted in ninety and ninety one, that was because what was he doing. He was probably quickly wedded when they didn't expect it to happen because of what he inherited. So again, it's it's always been a silly award as far as the inconsistencies as far as when you get like who it goes to, does it go to the ultimate overachiever or just the guy who coached the best team because there wasn't a big time overachiever, Like there should be two awards. I think one that is, you know for a guy that you feel like his team is good because of his coaching. Even if they're not elite, they're still doing better than most would have expected, and his coaching is the biggest factor. Or the guy the other award, or just being Okay, this team they finished as the number one overall seed in the tournament Auburn, Let's give it to Bruce Pearl because you know, by default it goes to him because his team is the best team in the regular season. All right, quick break, We'll come back on the other side. Kentucky actually has Senior Night tonight, and they have a very similar situation with as Louisville to where a bunch of guys who they probably wish they had for more than just one year because they've had you know, I don't know. I keep saying Kentucky's having a really good year because I know they're going to get a three or four seed unless something unexpected happens, you know, like a lost to Night to LSU. But I don't know, it's hardy. Maybe Kentucky fans know that they're in a good spot, but maybe they just don't have those vibes about having a really good season because I mean, it is kind of tricky, right, They have already ten losses. If this thing goes when Tonight lost at Missouri on Saturday, which is really the expectation as far as ken Palm, they'll be underdogs at Missouri, I think. So that means they'll finish with a twenty and eleven record like that wouldn't necessarily in any other circumstance. I think, feel like a really good year for Kentucky. But you're also probably gonna get a three or four seed, and least I checked, that's pretty good, although for some reason three just feels a lot better than four despite it being you know, just one seed difference. Anyways, we'll get to a quick break. We'll come back on the other side. Keep it rolling along. Here. It's coffee and Company fuel by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to coffee and Company fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: So apparently this is dude's to the deal falling apart. But Bill Belichick will not be a part of Hard Knocks in his debut season in North Carolina like it was initially reported last week. So again, apparently the deal fell through. I'm sure the deal fell through because somebody just started to use their brain and realized, yeah, this is certainly a big story. Really still doesn't seem real. The Belichick is going to be coaching in college football at ninety something years old, while he also has a girlfriend that's young enough to be his granddaughter. He's not ninety something, but you know what I mean, it's an exaggeration for effect, but close. But for what this show is. I mean, I just don't see a whole lot of compelling and entertaining content coming from this store, from this show if they feature them. I mean, again, it is wild. But for this to work, you need characters. You need somebody with some charisma, somebody that you know would be interesting. He's the least interesting person that I can think of when it comes to like NFL coaches. I mean, he's a he's a I mean, he's a no name because he's a legend when it comes to all that he's accomplished. But like that's all you know is that he's he's an old crotchety you know, grumpy dude who now you know, has just shown us that he's a lot. We talked about this a lot last week because I still just you know, it sounds crazy because again, like we're gonna get it behind the scenes. Look at Bill Belichick coaching college football. Awesome. Still doesn't seem real, but it is real, and we're gonna get to see, you know, how it all comes together. And I'm just thinking, like, yeah, you're gonna be underwhelmed because this is television. This is you know you need, even if it's documentary type content, which is what this is, by the way, big difference in reality show and docuseries. But when it comes to docuseries, like you still have to have somebody that is that is in charge of being the storyteller and knowing what things to really emphasize and focus on when filming to put the show together, because at the end of the day, it's still a show. And I just think maybe it was due to the finances, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they realized, you know what, maybe we should go back to the board and put something else together, because I mean Belichick, I just mean to me, he'd be one of the most boring guys to ever get a behind the scenes look at, even if it is like interesting because it's a new thing for him. I think you could probably do a twenty minute feature rather than an entire Hard Knocks series that, of course, you know, is really really really popular. All right, So just an update on the spreads. Tonight. In the college basketball matchups that I know, I'm gonna be watching Kentucky, they tip at seven twelve and a half over LSU, which I mean that seems to be like a I mean, I don't bet on Kentucky, but if I had to, like, you know, hey, you need to. You got to make a bet and it's going to help, you know, pay the bills, I would I would lean Kentucky to cover because they are at home and LSU is you know, the SEC doesn't have many terrible teams, and I'm not here to say LSU's terrible, but clearly they're not very good, right, I mean they have Let's see, don't they have that one random win against Florida? Yes, they do, yees, so they beat did they? No? They didn't. Their only wins against who was it to beat Florida? That was a real surprise because it wasn't them. They beat Oklahoma, South Carolina and Arkansas, the three worst teams in the tournament or in the SEC. Was it Arkansas that beat Florida, who was it? Missouri got them and that was before we knew Missouri was good. And then also Georgia got him recently, which was a big win for Georgia. So yeah, look, Kentucky from what you could see because the game was only on television for what about sixty five seventy percent of it, I mean, they didn't look good, but I think Auburn was a bitiger factor in that than anything else in this LSU team. When you're fourteen and fifteen, you're like one of two teams that's for sure not going to the tournament. I really don't know how, you know. I mean, I could see Kentucky hitting a couple threes early and then this team just rolling over, which, by the way, is LSU going to open up. Matt McMahon is in his third year. He went fourteen and nineteen in his first season, seventeen and sixteen, last year, fourteen and fifteen. This year, like, I mean, I this day, this day and age, like I feel like three years is really all because again, you don't need a long time to get it rolling again. Like if a coach was currently like put it this way, if if you are let's say they do get rid of Matt McMahon or Matt McMahon. I don't know how you say it, but he was at Murray State for a while, by the way, but he let's say this was his fourth year and it's same results, like just below five hundred, and he was, you know, and he gets fired. If you're interviewing coaches and you're the athletic director at LSU, I don't want to hear about, like how long it's gonna take you now. To expect you to be like elite right out of the gate would be it would be unfair. But like this whole give me time to establish my culture and my let me give me some time to get my guys in. Gosh, that used to be said so often about coaches that weren't great early on. Got to give some time to get his guys in. Let me get my guys in. Well, you got you gotta every year you can bring in as many guys as you want and they don't have to be freshman that you got to build up and develop. So you know, I really wouldn't be shocked if a lot of schools depending upon the buyout, right, Like that's a big factor. But again, like if you're in the if you're in the SEC and you care about basketball, you've got enough money to wear, a buyout's probably not a big deal for you. I mean, unless you got something that cal Perry had to where like it had to work out the way it did because they weren't going to be able to pay to fire him, so he had to leave and find a new job, which is what he did. But yeah, LSU, like I mean, and this is what I wanted to get you next, is the most recent bracketology that's out there, because I mean, is the SEC gonna get every team in their league in outside of three? I mean Oklahoma, LSU in South Carolina certainly looks like they're not gonna make it, But Texas are they still are they still flirting with it because Lenardi still I mean, and by the way, I don't I I think it's insanity that Arkansas is even remotely like being considered for the tournament. And yet right now, depending on where you look, like there's a bracketology I'm looking at right now from Jerry Palm, I mean, he doesn't even have Arkansas. Yeah, they're one of the last four end they're the but they're not. I mean, like Arkansas's resume is absolute trash. They do have the big win at Kentucky, which again that's a monster win, but like that's an outlier. Like Arkansas right now, like let's look at their resume because this should tell you and I think most people already know this. We don't need to expand the tournament. Arkansas's net is forty seven. Arkansas is four and nine in Quad one games and they have a losing record as well. In Quad two games, they're two and three. I mean, and by the way, their Quad one wins or what Michigan on a neutral court and Kentucky of course, and then other than that, I mean, it's probably a road win against a not very good s SEC team that happens to be in the top seventy five. So with the bubble being and by the way, the bubble's bad. If you look at all the teams that are either in but barely or almost in, like you can make the case none of these teams deserve it. But you know what, you got to put sixty eight teams in. I mean, Baylor right now, Baylor is sitting as one of the last four in. Baylor is nine and nine in their conference, seventeen and twelve overall, and you know, when it comes to wins, they have the you know, are valuable. I mean, I guess it's the double overtime win against Saint John's on a neutral court. Other than that, we're talking about wins against I mean, they did beat Kansas, but that Kansas win doesn't mean now what it used to. I mean, I'm not kidding you like this, like they don't need to. I mean, they're going to expand it because it'll make more money and it's already at sixty eight, so like they're not I mean, they have to put sixty eight in as we speak. But man like of all the years to like reward a lower conference team that has a way better record, like they maybe they would have a much better resume if they had the end like if you've got endless opportunities. And that's one thing I'm not being anti SEC here because again I can't deny that the league is the best league in the country, and I don't even think it's particularly close. Like when you look at the SEC right now. We talked about this the other day. There are tiers. They have the elite tier, which these teams are all going to get one seats. Auburn, Florida and Alabama. Tennessee might get a one seed, probably not, but maybe a two. Like where where where does he?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So right now Jerry Palm has Auburn Tennessee and yeah, he only has those two as one seats. He has Houston as a one, which I guess that makes sense. Duke is the other one. But on the two line, you've got Florida and Alabama. It's like that's the elite of the conference. And then after that you've got a different tier and that that features the likes of Missouri, Kentucky and I guess A and M and Ole Miss. But those teams, I mean, I don't again, I think A and M and Old Miss. The teams that are ben like they're twenty A and M and Ole Miss are twenty and nine and nine and seven. They're clearly getting endless Quad one opportunities. Therefore their numbers are great. But like A and M, I don't know if they have anything like in the non conference that's crazy impressive. I guess they do. A and M did beat Texas Tech, which is a valuable win, but like they they ended up getting stacking their SEC wins against the teams that you know aren't very good. They did beat Missouri, and again that has value. Now but like A and M right now is nine and seven in the SEC, and their wins are against Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, Oklahoma again, South Carolina, Georgia, and Arkansas. So seven of their nine are against teams that like that doesn't really to me. I mean again the number is a quad one, but like that doesn't really do much. And then I guess technically to get you know, the other two that have value. They do have the win against Ole miss and they have the win against Missouri, which again has value. So I'm not saying these teams like shouldn't be in the tournament, but like you could seed A and M it like a seven or an eight, and I wouldn't have an issue with it. So the teams that are that are that are you know, bubbleish, but probably in that's when you get to Mississippi State, Van Dy and then I guess Georgia and Arkansas. And what hurts some of these teams is that like in previous years, it shouldn't it shouldn't matter, but it does. Like the Mountain West at times has gotten more teams in because they were given I guess, you know, the benefit of the doubt. But the Mountain West never wins when they get to the tournament. San Diego State made it all the way to the title game, but other than that, you've had the Boise's get in. Colorado States had had some good seasons where they look like a dangerous team Nevada, but like they never do anything. And I think unfortunately, even though those teams, you know, this current group that has nothing to do with them will probably be, you know, be held accountable for it. All right, So real quick, the uh this bracketology is one I wanted to take a look at because it's it's it's not only a legitimate update, a recent update, but it also has a simulation features. So Evanmaia dot com has bracket sims included in his website, and he has Louisville getting in as a seven seed against ten seeds San Diego State, and he simulated the entire tournament. And he has Auburn losing the Texas Tech in the national championship game. His final four is Auburn Houston, Iowa stayed in Texas Tech. But he has Louisville going to the Sweet sixteen beating Tennessee as a two seed. And again, this is a simulation from you know, his formula. I don't know how many times he does it, but basically the same thing. You know, if you go to your video game and simulated.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 2: So it doesn't mean anything. But if Lowell makes a Sweet sixteen, I mean, I hope they go further than that, but that's kind of where I'm at. I think getting there is gonna be gonna be tough. I think they can. I think it's a realistic goal. If they don't get there, I'm not gonna say it was a failed season. Wrong wrong music, who stuck another segment?
Speaker 1: Duh?
Speaker 3: I knew that.
Speaker 2: And then Kentucky he's got them as a as a three seed and they lose to Kansas in the second round as a sixth seed because Kansas, Yeah, that would be see that, That's that would be tricky. Like whoever gets Kansas or a Yukon Kansas is a six or like Yukon is an eight. I mean, there's been enough proof this year those teams are not what they typically are, and they're clearly beatable because it's happening. But I also wouldn't want to I wouldn't want to be in the second round seeing a six seed Bill self or an eight seed Dan Hurley. All right, quick break, will come back on the other side. Final segment. Stick with us right here on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to Coffee and Company Fuel. I Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: That's right, Coffee and Company Fuel. Beeth Thornton's wrapping things up here on a Tuesday. Don't forget if you missed anything on the show, you can always go back and check it out on the podcast. You can find that on the iHeartRadio app. Also find it seven ninety Louisville dot com and of course on the first two hours already up there you go, and also on the Apple podcast app as well. So however you listening, whenever you listen, we certainly appreciate it. Also appreciate our friends over at the Louisville Men's Clinic. I do, at least because they've really helped me out. But I'm not alone. They've helped countless men in the Louisville area for over ten years now, and a lot of places pop up and claim to be able to do the things that they do, but they don't stick around because they can't compete with the louisvill Men's Clinics. So when it comes to a rectile isfunction, there's a variety of treatment options. They're trained professionals, they're well aware that's not a comfortable thing for a lot of people to talk about. So don't worry about that awkward part of it, right, I mean addressing it. It's what you need to do, and they'll help you get that figured out and won't only be something that you feel better about, but it'll be better for you and your partner. So they can help you when it comes to ED low testosterone, weight loss therapy, parone's disease, hair restoration, so variety of services they provide, and you can get more information at Louisville Men's Clinic dot com or give them a call FABO to four four four four thousand. You got anything in line the night to wager on my man?
Speaker 3: I haven't really looked at my sheets yet, but I do have ten dollars in the DraftKings account.
Speaker 2: I am going to go with South Carolina money line over Georgia. Okay, and I think that I think that I think that puts Georgia on the outside looking in of the tournament. South Carolina's got some momentum. They did beat cal in Arkansas on Saturday, and I just think they're gonna be able to ride some momentum. And George's only favored by one, So I'm gonna go ahead and take South Carolina money line. Yeah. I also I also like like Carolina minus eight and a half. I just think that they're they are playing better basketball. And Virginia Tech, I mean, Louisville nearly lost to him and that was not good. That was yikes. But also like I watch Virginia Tech and they're not good. Uh, And then I don't know, I kind of feel like fading Miami against Georgia Tech because it's Miami plus nine and a half and I feel like taking my or taking Georgia Tech minus nine and a half because Miami is basically dead already. But you know, that's a lot of points. That's a lot of points.
Speaker 3: Yeah for a bad team to cover, Yeah, it really is. Nine is a lot.
Speaker 2: But do you have any thoughts? Real quick? I got to get it Indiana, Oregon. It's Oregon minus six and a half. This game is in on the West coast. I kind of like Oregon to cover here most teams, most teams would go west. Seven it's six and a half. Most teams who go west haven't done well.
Speaker 3: Give me Oregon minus seven and a half. Oh yeah, I like it all right, because that's a long trip.
Speaker 2: You know. That's right. We're out of time. We're back at it tomorrow for a game day. Louisville and cal So join us right here on Sports Talk set on Have you got out everybody? Mhm,