Speaker 1: It's the Friday version of the Minnesota Goodbye, and y'all came through. You came through. We got emails today. We're going to try to bang through a bunch of these real quick. But thank you so much for your email. So let's dive in, shall we. Shalle Good morning, guys. I heard you talking this morning about what kind of person did you leave behind? And then I heard Bailey talking about not wanting to be seen struggling to swim. The person I left behind was worried about being seen trying. I'm thirty eight now, and growing up I was paralyzed by the idea of looking like a fool when I tried something new, or even just trying to find my friends in the cafeteria. Now that I've read parenting books, I can probably link that to be in an anxious high achiever. Struggling feels like failing, but I am trying to fully embrace being somewhat ridiculous. When I show up to tennis lessons, I want to make mistakes so the coach will walk over and teach me how to do it better or do it right. I have the mantra that if I already knew how to do it. I wouldn't need lessons. I know that showing up and trying means next time I can do it better. And if I show up, I can get good at it. I'm trying to teach my kids that too. Growth comes from struggle and it all it's all about progress not perfection. Mark your own milestones. Okay, I might have absorbed too much Peloton instructor vibesl Get out there, Bailey. Nobody is born knowing it. Enjoy the sunshine and try something new that comes from rischet.
Speaker 2: Thanks for what did you say? Growth comes from what?
Speaker 1: Growth comes from struggle, and it's all about progress not perfection.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I totally I feel that, and I like I love learning new things and doing new things.
Speaker 2: And it's just like swimming is.
Speaker 3: One thing that it's like it's such like a giant combination of all the things that I'm insecure about. Is like one people judging me to the way my body looks in a swimsuit, and three dying and drowning.
Speaker 2: So you know that's three exactly three things.
Speaker 3: Dying is yeah, drowning, dying by drowning, and I would love to I feel like now I have to kind of wait until winter to take swimming lessons. I don't know whatever. I always just thought if I got dropped in the middle of the ocean, I would say I lived a good life and I would drown.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering you wouldn't want me to help you, but I'm like, I probably honestly could teach you to swim in like a lake this summer if you wanted.
Speaker 3: But too hot, Jenny, I can't do it. What you're too pretty?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. No, I also am self conscious about things. You have to understand that every single person is self conscious about things. You barely have made me feel better about cellulite, because I've literally always had cellulate on my legs my entire life, Like it doesn't matter what size I am. I've been like one hundred and twenty five pounds, I've been one hundred and sixty pounds, Like I always have cellulite. But so I have my insecurities too. You you just remember everyone's insecure in their own way, but you don't look at other people the way you criticize yourself, like vantas.
Speaker 2: Damn, damn, damn.
Speaker 4: I will say, and we say this all the time, and it sounds cliche when you go to the gym, when you go swimming or.
Speaker 5: Whatever, the hell, people really are not looking at you.
Speaker 4: People don't give a damn because I know I don't give a damn when I when I go to the gym, or maybe because I'm the person in that that doesn't know how to do anything but even swimming. I know how to swim, and I'm watching people who don't know how to swim, and I'm really like, I don't care.
Speaker 1: So I think that genuinely say, I don't think I've ever paid attention to someone if they don't know how to swim, Like, I really don't know that I've ever Like that's how little of attention I paid, is that I probably never noticed them because it's just not something I was like looking for, you know, And I would never think anything negatively about it, because like I had to learn how to swim because we got a pool, Like it was just part of my youth growing up. You know, other people, if you weren't going to pools or lakes, why would you have to learn how to swim. That's like just not a skill that your parents necessarily are like, we should get you in swim lessons you know, it's not like, go ahead.
Speaker 4: It's not like you're walking around you don't know how to tie your shoe. Then I would laugh, but like that's something you're supposed to learn young. But like swimming, I'm not gonna look at you be like, oh, she does know how to doggy paddle, or if you're at the gym, like she doesn't know how to use the stairstepper.
Speaker 5: If you never have the stairstepper, you are an idiot.
Speaker 2: I've never gone upstairs.
Speaker 1: All right, we have so many emails, so we'll keep moving on here. But this one says Hi Dave Jenny Bailey in FOT I hope this email gets read on Friday, because that's more fun than a Monday womp womp. Okay, continuing on, So, I'm about to fly back home for the summer, getting out of the crazy Arizona heat this year. I want you, guys, your guys is help creating a Minnesota summer bucket list. What are some things you would have to do if you were only here for the summer. She's going to be here May thirty first to September seventh. I know I'll be going to the fair and hopefully seeing you all this year. But what are some good restaurants, bars, breweries, sight seeing, natury spots, coffee shops, cute twin cities or day trip away places to see help me? Thank you in advance for your suggestions. And that comes from Andrea. Andrea's come in to you. Guys would remember Andrea as she came in for her birthday. She's from Arizona. She came in for her birthday and I think it was her friend like surprised her coming in. I can't remember, but we definitely know who Andrea is. So she's coming back for the summer, getting out of Arizona. Bailey, I feel like you're probably the one who knows of like the most random things, so random stuff. What this summer would you suggest for her?
Speaker 3: Okay, I would go to the pride pride parade, like the big Minnesota or Minneapolis one, but there's a lot of different prides and those are always really fun. Let's see, Oh, the pencil sharpening around the Lake of the Isles. That's like a really stupid, stupid event, but it's really fun and community and it's Lake of the Isles and there's a giant like wooden pencil that they pretend to sharpen and then there's like live music there that would be really fun. Let's see, Oh, the Yacht Club Festival. I wonder if there's still like tickets to that because that.
Speaker 1: Would be Yeah, that's like a newer festival that just started last year. That's in Saint Paul on Harriet. Is it Harriet Island?
Speaker 2: Is that what it's called.
Speaker 1: It's not an island Harriet.
Speaker 2: No, isn't it Boom?
Speaker 1: No, it's not Boom. It's in St Paul for sure, Harriet Island Regional Park.
Speaker 2: Yes, so that would be fun.
Speaker 3: The Uptown Porch Fest is in August, and that's like a bunch of different houses that have giant porches and Uptown have like bands that play on them and you just kind of walk around and watch them.
Speaker 2: That's fun.
Speaker 3: And then the Fringe Festival is this like giant theater festival and that's in August and that's really fun. And yeah, there's a lot of like obviously there's a million billion breweries and I go to a million billion breweries all the time.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, that's like the number one thing I would recommend is just kind of looking up breweries that are having block parties, but also just plugging Stephanie who comes on our show. Yes, she always is in the know of what's happening every single week, like throughout the week, but usually weekend stuff. So if you follow her on Instagram, we have her on on Fridays now to kind of tell us what's happening this weekend in the Twin Cities. Her instagram Miss Stephanie dot Rosner. It's spelled r O s e n E r so Rosner Sephanie dot Rosner. She's always got everything listed there, and honestly, like that's how I usually figure out what I'm doing for the weekend now, is finding people like Stephanie or other people in Twin Cities that just are in the know if I have an open weekend, because this weekend's decently open right now, and I need it to be open because I have a lot of shit I gotta get done at my house, but I know I'll probably get bored and want to figure something out, so then I'll go to those people's instagrams and figure it out.
Speaker 3: Stephanie's is good, and then there's also Axios Twin Cities. Axios Twin Cities, Sorry, I talked over you say it again a x iOS Twin Cities Axios Twin Cities.
Speaker 2: And they also have like a list of things to do. Yeah, it's summer is.
Speaker 3: The best, so serious a good time to come back. And yeah, breweries always have something going on pretty much all the time, like libraries have free events to go to.
Speaker 2: Just fill it up, bra, fill it up.
Speaker 1: The only thing I'm gonna add on real quick is she did say any quick day trips. I I think you're from here, Andrea, so maybe you've been, but just going up to like Duluth in that north shore area, not all the way up because Duluth's only a two hour drive, so that's like not too bad. But there's so much going on around Duluth even and just fun things if you want to get out of the cities. I would recommend that if you want to go on a little longer of a trip and go up to Bayfield. I was just up there this past weekend, and that's more of like three and a half hour drive, so that's not really a day trip, but so many fun things to experience up there. And I will say if you need help planning any trip like that, you can go to my travel blog which is meet me off grid dot com and just hit the Minnesota section and I have different things on there for like still Water, the north Shore, Duluth, whatever, How.
Speaker 5: Long is a drive? How far of a drive is the north Shore?
Speaker 1: So it depends. So you basically the north Shore in my opinion, starts once you get past Duluth, So you've got Duluth and that's about two hours. And then once you get past there, all the way up to like the Canadian border, it can be anywhere from like you know, two and a half hours to like five hours. It's like, yeah, so it's well sorry, Like from the city is if you're going up to like two Harbors, that's three hours. If you're going up to louts In that's like three and a half four hours. If you're going all the way to the Canadian border, that's pushing five hours from the Twin Cities. So anyways, I always suggest if you're going to the north Shore to stay kind of in like the louts In area. In my opinion, there's not as many places to stay. They're probably a little bit more expensive, but that's where I always used to stay because we would stay at you know Andrew's grandpa's cabin, so it was a good like in between of everything. So okay, moving on here, let's see it, says hey, bitches, whoa, it's Peyton. Uh huh, acting like you know me, Bailey, you know my old classmate Leah?
Speaker 2: Hi, Leah.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you are listening, Bailey, I don't know. They're not given last names. Well, anyways, I'm emailing to tell a story about getting to check out your old house. While in college, a group of about fifteen of us went to New York. Our professor used to live there, so she was showing us around and we came up to her old apartment without even thinking, she rang the buzzer and said, I used to live in this apartment and have a few friends with me in town that want to see my old New York apartment. Can we come up? They let us in, So there goes all fifteen of us into this tiny apartment. They were shocked to see it was more than a few friends that kept coming in the door. Great times. Anyways, thank you for your everyday sacrifice and kidding up early for us non mourning people. We love you for that. And that's from Peyton. What a funny story. Can I come up? I just got a few friends, fifteen people pile in, like.
Speaker 2: What hold on, let me in, let me in.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, I could go visit like my child.
Speaker 4: Well, I grew up moving around a lot, so like I would maybe have like one or two of the many homes, but just like, yeah, the one that you lived in the longest, or if you grew up in the same house but don't live there anymore, just the memories and you just I don't know, maybe you had like your first I'm doing it in this house like when your brother sister was born, Like, oh my gosh, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: I wish that could happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that if my mom ever sold her house, she won't. She'll live in it till she like can't anymore. But like, it definitely will be one of those things that I would love to go back and look at someday if she's not.
Speaker 3: Right and my mom is still in her the house that she was in my entire life, so I'm like, well, I can just go whenever I want.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Or you both have sisters, did you guys grow up doing the thing where like your mom's or your parents would put tick marks on the.
Speaker 5: Water to see how tall you guys were.
Speaker 1: Did you know? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I moved around a lot, so yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, next one, Hay morning, Pham. I know from listening daily that Dave has a new RV and has gone for the holiday week traveling in it, and Jenny has her camper van. Can you share a bit about how traveling works with RV's. I have this idea in my head that all campgrounds are smelly and dirty and full of meth heads. If you have a shower in toilet inside your IV, how does the running water and steward work. Does someone hook it up for you or are you on your own? And if you don't have those features on your vehicle, Jenny, are the bathrooms at pretty much all campgrounds while semi outdoors smelly and gross? Do people generally leave you alone at campgrounds or is it usually a big party atmosphere? Thanks for sharing, Always looking to learn and try something new. This comes from Natalie in Rochester. All right, I'll buying through these really quickly. Campgrounds are not smelling and dirty and full of meth heads? You Actually, I would be shocked to see anything like that at any campground. Because you do have to pay to camp in campgrounds, so like they do have regulations there, they keep up the ones that I've been to. I'm sure there's ones that aren't as well kept up, but the ones I've been to, I do not find them smelling and dirty. I was just with some friends and Ju Lutha's past weekend and the clubhouse bathroom was very well kept up. It seemed like they cleaned it multiple times a day, so it was great. And also you kind of learn when you go to a lot of campgrounds now that are more like your RV campgrounds because there's tent campgrounds and that's where I think you'll get a little bit more of like a wild, younger scene. The RV only campgrounds is like very chill people who keep to themselves and are quiet. They're not up partying until midnight, you know. So I know that there's definitely gonna be campgrounds that are younger and have a little bit more of that party atmosphere. As far as a shower and toilet hook up in your RV, yes, I do not have one. However, if you do have one, basically you attach like a big hose into this is gonna sound so idiot like, but you attach this big hose from your camp or RV pull behind whatever to something in the campground and then it sends like sewage in I had to watch my friends do it this weekend. But then with Dave and Susan, they have to go and empty that. Because they're traveling a bunch, they'll empty that like maybe at campgrounds, but they after they're done camping, there's like dump stations. And I'm probably saying this wrong because I'm not as well versed in that, but no, someone does not hook it up for you. You have to hook it up yourself. You have to take care of.
Speaker 2: All of that.
Speaker 1: And in camper vans there's different water tanks and different like sewage tanks that you deal with. If you have a toilet in there and you you have to empty it yourself. I do not have a bathroom in my camper van. I literally pee in a cool up container and I throw it out the door if that. If I need to go to the bathroom in the camper van, I usually go to a gas station and make sure. But usually you know at night, you're like, I gotta pee. Where you're gonna go?
Speaker 4: Can I ask such an off base question. That's about something you said. Is it harder for guys and girls to pee in a can?
Speaker 3: Or like harder I'd say for women because you can't direct in any way.
Speaker 5: That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's definitely gonna be harder for women. We had our streams are not quite as straight and narrow.
Speaker 4: Streams are also not straight and narrow, especially after like tm I but this is the podcast, will fuck it?
Speaker 5: After doing it, after doing the loving it, it gets weird. It's not direct.
Speaker 1: I don't know how I get what you're saying. I get what you're saying.
Speaker 4: It's like when you put your finger over the hose and it starts going a bunch of different directions.
Speaker 1: It's pretty much how women pee all the time. Maybe not all the time. I mean, it's not like it's going in every direction that we're peeing on ourselves. But like, yes, it's definitely much harder. We can't control any kind of flow, not at all. Last question real quick for Natalie is do people leave you alone at campgrounds or is it a big party atmosphere? Like I said, I think the more mature slash r V campgrounds, Yes, everyone leaves each other alone. However, I think campgrounds that are more like tent campgrounds that might be a bit of a more party atmosphere. But for the most part, I'm gonna say campgrounds are like family friendly chill. I really think that the party campgrounds have been part of our music festivals so Country USA. Yeah, and that's not what you're asking about. So outside of that, there we go. Hopefully that helps you learn something new today. Natalie, Hi, Jenny Bailey, and maybe von Fonce here. Hello. I have a dilemma. This will definitely pull on Bailey's heart strings and this is difficult for me to even write. We adopted a five year old male cat from my husband's childhood friend a year ago. He is so sweet, affectionate, and doglike in many ways. He will run up to strangers that come to our door. However, I believe he has some past trauma that has led to some undesirable behaviors. His first owner, before my husband's friend, died unexpectedly in a car accident and the cat was left alone at home for several days. There's two main issues. First, he is extremely vocal. He will frequently go off on his own to the basement and sit at the base at the bottom of the stairs and loud lely me out. It's a long, drawn out sound over sound, sound, over and over. He does this all the time, middle of the night. He doesn't care. While this is annoying, I can live it. Second, our basement has increasingly become more smelly like cap he over the past year. For a while I thought I was it was just the litter box. But tonight I moved everything out and vacuumed the entire basement, and during this time I discover the sources of the smell. I found several areas where he has peed on the carpet. We are getting our carpets cleaned tomorrow because we are moving in a few weeks. So here's my debate. Since a move will be stressful for him anyway, would it be awful to rehome him where he can hopefully get the love and attention he needs. We work full time and have two kids and a dog. I worry he isn't getting his needs met. I also absolutely do not want him peeing all over my new house. I didn't want to give him a give up on him, but I am so grossed out living in my own home. What do I do for anyone wondering he has neutered. I clean his box once a day, and he went to the vet for his annual checkup a few months ago. Thank you this. I'll just refrain from saying this person.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's wrong to rehome your cat.
Speaker 3: If you can't love the cat the way it needs to be cared for, then I think it's totally fine to rehome the cat. Obviously, don't just like leave the cat in the house when you leave. But if I mean, if you know somebody who will take the cat, like I would just post on social media, be like does somebody want a cat? If not, I mean, you should be able to bring it to the humane society. I feel bad because, like, obviously, like if a cat peas on the carpet and then they smell that everywhere, they're gonna just like pee wherever because now the whole carpet is their litter box. So it's a good thing that you're getting your carpets cleaned, so hopefully that will.
Speaker 2: Take out that part out.
Speaker 3: But it's also like, I mean, obviously you're moving, but until you move, like get an extra litter box and make sure you're cleaning it often. And cat's like positive reinforcement. So whenever your cat is doing something that you like for them to do, you reward them for doing that thing. So if he's quiet, you can give him, you know, a treat for being quiet. And don't like give treats when they're like meowing and meowing just to make them shut up, because then they're gonna they're gonna keep me owing because they're going to think, oh, that gets me a treat, so I'm gonna keep doing that. So yeah, cat's like positive reinforcement, not negative reinforcement. So like yelling at your cat's not going to do anything, uh, whacking your cat's not going to do anything, but yeah, being nice to them. I feel bad for this little kittie. But if you have to get you, if you have to let it go, you have to let it go. But don't I mean let it go as in like yeah, rehome it. Don't like let it go, but you know, just like rehome it. That's fine, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it looks like you probably were doing a favor because you had said that the one owner had passed away, and then your husband's friend took it in and I'm assuming your husband's friend didn't want the cat, which is why you guys took it in. Yeah, so it seems like you were already like trying to rehome it and help it out. And so, yeah, I'm I'm not as I loved cats, don't get me wrong, but I am of the sake of the nature of you want to be able to live in your home and feel comfortable. And I definitely lived with my sister's cat for a while who literally me out throughout the entire night in our small apartment, and it drove us insane to the point that we finally had to be like, you need to take that cat to my dad's for the duration of living with us for like the next because she was only with us for like a month after that. Yeah, I don't know what happened and what changed with him. He used to be super chill and then he would just start me outing throughout the night, and then he did that the rest of his life until he passed away like a year or two ago, buddy. And yeah, so I get it. You want to be able to live in your house and not have pee everywhere and whatever. So okay, that is it. I think that there's some emails we got this week that I saved for one Dave's back, so it just adds up. I know we have Ajanita Rant, we also have Ranger Jessica's did you Know of the Day. I'm just going to say those for one days back on Monday. But I appreciate everyone who emailed in this week and back to Dave Bailey and myself on Monday. So send your emails in once again, Ryan Show at katiwb dot com