Speaker 1: As you kick off your Saturday morning rain chances are slowly moving on and we'll have chances for showers and some thunderstorms throughout the day, but it is not a washout. Just keep in mind you might run into a few showers throughout your outdoor activities. Easter Sunday looking better. We're looking at mostly cloudy skies with a few showers here and there.
Speaker 2: From a severe weather station.
Speaker 1: I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: And radar at this time is showing a partly cloudy sky and our current temperature is seventy one degrees. Our next update is at six o'clock. I'm Shawn Gallagher, News Radio seven hundred WLWL.
Speaker 4: News twenty four hours a day, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: This is the weekend in history where Christians celebrate new life resurrection. I believe that Jesus died for my sins and for your sins some two thousand years ago and was raised from the gray washed in the blood you want to talk about. But I have some rebels of thunder today, a chance of showers and thunderstorms, some heavy wind, a high of seventy seven, but again, not a washout all day long. It's not gonna rain all weekend long. There is just the possibility tomorrow morning, on the Easter Sunday, you wake up to a temperature of fifty six degrees on the way to a high of seventy eight on Sunday. It'll be another mostly cloudy day with a chance of rain and showers and possible storms as we start to work week on Monday after the holiday in a high then of seventy six. It is pretty warm right now.
Speaker 4: Seven one hundred WLW Sport William Tomlinson.
Speaker 2: The Reds breakout the whooping sticks last night in Baltimore against that suspect, the Oriole pitching and a wind.
Speaker 5: Finally you had the Reds now ten and ten on the season after an eight and three win on the road against Baltimore Orioles. Andrew Abbott pitched six innings, allowing one earned run on two hits in eleven strikeouts. He was brilliant at least three run home run in the top of the third inning got the Reds offense going. The offense caught fire in the fourth thanks to a hey me Or Candelario solo shot and a Matt McClain three run home run. Hunter Green will take the mound for the Reds this afternoon. They're back in action for the second game of three. Inside pitch begins at three oh five. First pitch is set four oh five right here on the Home of the Reds seven hundred WLW. NBA Playoffs, Yeah, Pucks, Pacers tip at one, Clippers Nuggets tip at three thirty, Pistons Nicks at six o'clock, and Timberwolves Lakers at eight thirty. In the night cap, Justin Thomas is in the lead at twelve under at the RBC Heritage. Former champion Scottie Scheffler is eight under, tied for sixth place. The Orange and Blue are currently tied for second in the Eastern Conference through the first month and the half of the season. FC Cincinnati are back in action tonight on the road against Chicago Fire. FC pregame coverage begins to seven. Kickoff is set for seven to thirty on ESPN fifteen to thirty.
Speaker 2: And we're just days away for the best Bengals draft coverage right here on the home of the Best Bengals coverage, seven hundred WLW. The Saturday morning edition before we look a how to look back at significant events and people tied to this particular date in history, including but not limited to these. April nineteen, seventeen seventy five, the fight for freedom in the Colonies against the British tyranny began. The American Revolutionary War started the Battles of Lexington and Concord. Eighteen ninety seven, the first Boston Marathon was held. John J. McDermott ran the course in two hours, fifty five minutes and ten seconds, a bit slow by today's Sanders say the least. During World War II, in occupied Poland nineteen forty three, tens of thousands of Jewish people in the war sow and Ghetto began an uprising against the Nazi forces. They would eventually fall, but then again they would eventually be liberated by the Allies this day. In nineteen seventy seven, the United States Supreme Court and Ingram versus Wright ruled five to four that even severe spanking of school children by faculty members did not violate the Eighth Amendment ban against cruel and unusual punishment. I got some wax when I was a kid in school, and look at me. I'm fine forty seven sailors sailors killed when a gun tourt exploded aboard the uss Iowa during training exercises in the Caribbean. The year was nineteen eighty nine. On this date, nineteen ninety three, as you may well remember, I certainly do, the fifty one day siege at the Branch Davidian compound near Waco, Texas ended as the Davidian set fire to their own compound, killing seventy five people twenty five kids. Sect leader David Koresh Timothy McVeigh, two years later, on this date, seeking to strike at the government he blamed for the Branch Davidian deaths, destroyed the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, killing one hundred and sixty eight. He was convicted and executed back in two thousand and one. And this also let's see birthdays on the list for birthdays today. Singer songwriter Roberto Carlos eighty four. Actor Tim Curry of Rocky Horror Picture Fame is seventy nine, and so much more. Hall of Famer al Unser Junior turned sixty three today. Ashley Judd, the actress, is fifty seven. Actor James Franco forty seven, Kate Hudson is forty six. Football Hall of Famer, Troy Palomelo is forty four, Hall of Famer, Joe Mauer Baseball Hall of Famers forty two. Today, former WNBA star Candace Parker. It's a birthday thirty nine, and so does Maria Sharapova at thirty eight. If it is your birthday today, I hope it is the best day possible and you get to spend it with the people you love, doing the things you love to do. And that is truly my wish for you. Ten minutes before the top of the hour, let's get Mame Tree on the line. Good morning, Mamme Tree.
Speaker 6: Ahmaing Gray, Tell forever be my song of grace, for it was grace that bok miy Birtie I did not know just why came to me. So he looks beyond my pop hand, So miny I shall for mine eyes to cover breath. Tells you the cross where Fursday.
Speaker 7: For me and you.
Speaker 6: Hsia for it.
Speaker 8: Oh heat.
Speaker 6: Beyond mysel ancel money amazing great, I lost my words.
Speaker 2: We'll just stop with. We'll stop Yeah, we'll stop with. We'll stop with, We'll stop with amen at that point it was beautiful. Thank you dear, How are you?
Speaker 6: I'm good, but alergies kick me right time to go on the air.
Speaker 2: Oh, the last three days have been just I mean a headful of just whatever that is.
Speaker 6: And Hit made about ten minutes ago my nose and everything to get that. You know, he looked beyond my thoughts and saw money and it's just amazing. Grade always a song of praise. Amen.
Speaker 2: The spirit was there, the intent was there, and I know the belief is there. That's all that matters. It doesn't matter if it's if.
Speaker 6: It's personal happy days that we are great.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep. So what are you? What are you doing for Easter tomorrow?
Speaker 6: Milmitary, Well, we'll just have our Easter dinner.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I give these brothers to chocolate Easter eggs today.
Speaker 7: And they were good.
Speaker 6: They were dark chocolate, not favorite.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm a big dark chocolate fan. Well, listen, happy Easter. I love you, and I love you and enjoy the amazing grace of this week, the weekend and this season. Mama Tree with us about six oh seven Eastern time, that is. And I believe our friend Dave from Harrison is on the line. Now, Good morning.
Speaker 9: David, Good morning gart Jeff.
Speaker 10: How are we doing?
Speaker 2: Doing fantastically? It was great to see earlier this week too. Thanks for stopping by.
Speaker 10: Very much so. And you know what I realized.
Speaker 9: What I realized, Jeff, that you're.
Speaker 10: Much smarter than anyone.
Speaker 11: You know that.
Speaker 2: I'm also.
Speaker 10: Matter of fact, you even sound better than you smell.
Speaker 2: I think you think I sound better than I smell. This is are these compliments, Dave. I don't know how to take these exactly.
Speaker 10: Jared, just just just take him sitting down.
Speaker 2: Bro, I know I know that I'm smarter than you. Look, there's no question about that.
Speaker 10: There you go, there you go.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, listen, the Easter money's much.
Speaker 10: Hairer than than he sounds. So that's what he told me.
Speaker 2: Why doesn't the Easter bunny get hot in the summertime because he has hair conditioning? Hair conditioning?
Speaker 11: I get it.
Speaker 10: That's that's true. That's good, that's good.
Speaker 2: What kind of Easter bunny can't hop Dave? A chocolate one? A chocolate one?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Hey, we need to pray for him. Apparently he had some trouble delivering some of the candy. Uh, and somebody put a trap out or something. I think you got a leg caught in there. Yeah, but anyway, Hey, the show must go on. Apparently chewed it off and just went on on his visits.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 8: He said, Hey, if the if the boss can go through what the boss went through for all of us, and and.
Speaker 10: By god, he can do it that way too.
Speaker 2: Okay, what rabbits?
Speaker 10: What a rabbits need after getting caught.
Speaker 9: In the rain?
Speaker 2: What do rabbits need after getting caught in the rain?
Speaker 10: Dave, A hair dryer?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, why did the Eastern Why did the Energizer Bunny.
Speaker 9: Go to jail.
Speaker 2: For telling jokes like this?
Speaker 10: He was charged with battery?
Speaker 12: Dave jere Jeff Why did the Eastern Bunny study all night?
Speaker 13: Why he had an exam the next day?
Speaker 14: Jokes told by Da from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming.
Speaker 2: Time to visit with our friend old radio Rick Washburn. He is somewhere doing something and listening on some device. We're going to find out what that device is and all about this cool radio that old Radio Rick is working on this morning right now. Good morning old radio Rick, Good morning.
Speaker 9: Gary, Jeff. Hey, you're coming in six by two?
Speaker 2: What now? How can it be six? Explain the six first? Because five x five is the maximum amount of loudness.
Speaker 15: I thought, yeah, we have five maximum loudness, five maximum clarity. The problem is that severe thunderstorm is right overhead. Uh, I'm getting extremely loud, crashing sounds and you ain't clear at all, and none of that's your fault.
Speaker 2: No, Well, you know, sometimes the clarity is my It has nothing to do with the radio you're listening on or your signal. Sometimes the clarity of me and this show is muddled on this end. And I apologize, not that there's anything wrong with the transmission or the transmitter. It's just it's just the device behind the microphone.
Speaker 15: We're only doing audio clarity, We're not doing content clarity.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, thank you. That makes a vast difference in what you're talking about when it comes to clarity. So what kind of radio is it? If? If the conditions were better atmospherically, what do you think this radio could do?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 15: Would be a five y five for sure. This is a nineteen thirty nine Moncom Rewards Airline modeled ninety three b R five zero eight AP four six two see five zero eight.
Speaker 2: What is that the serial number or the model number?
Speaker 15: It's the model slash order number. Yeah, we didn't get to the serial number yet. The model numbers larger than the radio.
Speaker 9: Let's just say that for a second.
Speaker 2: You said, br I was afraid you're gonna go b R five four nine and we're back in junior samples rand in hehaw.
Speaker 9: My god, it's been a while. Yeah, but yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: The it's those are that that reference was for listeners over ninety Thank you?
Speaker 9: What are you saying? And I got it?
Speaker 2: Well, we hung around the older kids.
Speaker 9: Oh very enough.
Speaker 15: Here we were ahead of our time, I think.
Speaker 10: Is what it meant.
Speaker 2: So anyway, you were.
Speaker 15: Saying, this is a basic five tube AM radio, but it has four presets.
Speaker 9: And the.
Speaker 15: Being at Montoyward Airline. It wasn't made by by awards, just like series didn't make the silver tone. This is actually a Belmont model and they reasonably standard design where it had four push buttons that were kind of like levers that you pushed down, almost like you would with a toaster.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask, do they make a clunk when you put depressed the buttons the pre said.
Speaker 10: Button they do.
Speaker 9: Exactly?
Speaker 2: Remember the uld remember thee Remember the first TV remotes they were wired and they were they were called clickers because that's exactly what they did.
Speaker 15: Well, except for the Zenith one, which actually had like a door bell chime and and you'd hit it and it would hit a little time and give off a tone. I remember when I was the kid putting.
Speaker 9: A uh TV.
Speaker 15: Remote control aftermarket onto a Central Carlson television and the clicker quote unquote wasn't even electric. It was just a whistle. You pushed the button and it would whistle, and uh that was the greatest thing in my parents' bedroom until my dad woke up in the morning and violently sneezed and turned the TV on and that was the end of that.
Speaker 2: So more about this one. Disgomyward airline radio is model five six K.
Speaker 15: Whatever than going to the catalog being Montgomery Ward. Is it good, better or best? This is better, more beauty, performance, and convenience than you can usually buy anywhere at this price. Actually compares feature for feature with other sets selling up to almost twice as much money. Approved by RMA and underwriters laboratories. Okay, fully licensed by RCA and Hazeltine for your protection. Well, fully licensed by our RCA and hazel Tine means they paid for the patents. I don't think you need to be protected from patent infringement. Just now, who made the radio Beaumont? Okay, all right, so continue? Please Why a drum shape dial with sliding pointer easier to read than usual flat dial?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 9: So the dial instead of being flat kind of arcs out slightly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I don't know how that.
Speaker 9: Makes it easier to read.
Speaker 15: I have no idea covers all American broadcasting stations. Okay, So that means it's an AM radio a jail for a student away at school. Does that mean if the student takes it with them or if they leave it at home?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, and it's nice to have a radio, especially that's better on the road than it is at home.
Speaker 15: Indeed, and it comes complete with tubes and instructions, yet coming without tubes with a thing from the twenties. Anyhow, just the last part. This radio is either available in a dark color for eight ninety five, which is about two hundred bucks today, or in a wider color for ten ninety five, which is about to twenty two and twenty dollars today. But the great thing is going through the catalog listings. The dark color was modeled brown or rich brown, handsome brown brown, walnut brown, or beautiful brown, as opposed to the smart ivory, attractive ivory, ivory, glistening ivory, gleaming ivory, or stunning ivory. There's only two colors again, but.
Speaker 2: They're making it sound like there's fifty shades of each color and it's all the same color, right.
Speaker 9: Especially when it's in the same ad that they keep changing the description of it.
Speaker 2: It's like, Wow, would it be racist? Would it be racist to say, allD, you radios look alike to me?
Speaker 15: Well, now, notice that the ones that are the lighter color are worth more.
Speaker 2: Well, there you go, Montgomery Ward, those bigoted you know what.
Speaker 15: And as we talked about, these are bake lights. So the lighter color was painted and did not last as the darker color is the natural color and they withstood the test of time.
Speaker 9: So there you go.
Speaker 2: All right, there you have it.
Speaker 9: I have to go take a bath. Happy Easter, you too, sir.
Speaker 2: All right, Old Radio Rick at gmail dot com. If you'd like to get in touch with mister Washburn, he's fun coming up on six twenty one.
Speaker 1: Now as you kick off your Saturday morning, rain chances are slowly moving on and we'll have chances for showers and some thunderstorms throughout the day, but it is not a washout. Just keep in mind you might run into a few showers throughout your outdoor activities.
Speaker 2: Easter Sunday looking better.
Speaker 1: We're looking at mostly cloudy skies with a few showers here and there.
Speaker 2: Form a severe weather station.
Speaker 1: I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Seven hundred WLW. After a fantastic Masters the PG, hey back at work this weekend, Liam, Yeah.
Speaker 5: In Harbortown the RBC Heritage this week. Justin Thomas is in the lead at this moment at twelve under Kentucky Boy.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He had the course record in his first round, shooting a sixty one. Russell Henley and Seawoo Kim are tied for second at ten under, and former champs Sky Scheffler is eight under, tied for six plays. It's the NBA playoffs beginning today. Bucks Pacers tip at one, Clippers Nuggets at three point thirty, Piston's Nicks at six, Timberwolves Lakers at eight thirty. The Orange and Blue are currently tied for second place in the Eastern Conference to the first month and a half of the season. FC Cincinnati are back in action tonight on the road against Chicago Fire. FC pregame coverage begins at eight. Kickoff is set for eight thirty. You can catch all that action on ESPN fifteen thirty. The Reds move to ten and ten after an eight to three win on the road against the Baltimore Orioles. Andrew Abbott pitched phenomenal last night, six innings, allowing one earned run on two hits and eleven strikeouts. He got a free pizza for the crowd by himself.
Speaker 2: It was at home.
Speaker 5: At least three run home run on the top of the third inning got the Reds offense going. The offense caught fire in the fourth inning to extend the lead thanks to a Candelaario solo shot and a Matt McClain three run home run. Austin Hayes also added an RBI single One Hunter Green is back on the mound this afternoon for the Red Legs. The Reds are back in action with inside pitch beginning at three to five for Game two of three versus Orioles. First pitch is set for four oh five. Right here on the Home of the Red seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Six thirty seven, heading east out of town asphalt Therapy all the way to how Now, Brown County, to the lovely village of Ripley, Ohio and a place called Brookies on Main Street where the Gang is standing by. Good morning Gang. Good So I just turned this ad for the rapid radios, which are a Sally walkie talkies. And I remember being a kid and he'd have a buddy or anything and we'd have walkie talkie. I gotta get old Radio Rick to talk about this, because walking talkies were cool. Did you guys, any of you guys have walking talkies when you were kids or can on a string? Yeah, that that kind of worked too. No, but I loved walkie talkies. Man, that's what we had before we had cell phones, and you know, just you carried it around the neighborhood and you could check in with each other and I don't know, play plan the next uh dirt claude fight or whatever. What's that, Sherry?
Speaker 16: So you play your next adventure, the next adventure?
Speaker 2: Exactly what's going on there this morning? You guys?
Speaker 15: Five humans, three dogs.
Speaker 2: Three dog It's a three dog day, not a three dog night. It's a three dog day. At this is awesome. So give me the list of the canine visitors. We got Jack, I know Jack's there.
Speaker 15: Who else got's here?
Speaker 17: Satan? Satan's new sister. Her name is Rosie and she's happy. She's a Jack Russell tup thirteen weeks old and she doesn't bite people.
Speaker 9: She's happy.
Speaker 2: Well, at least you didn't get another mean ass chihuahua.
Speaker 17: She started in on Darren before we even got in the building this morning.
Speaker 15: Donald was gonna beat him alive.
Speaker 9: So we'll see.
Speaker 15: It's it's uh Rich, just stupid trawbery.
Speaker 2: Chief of Cawbrey. Yeah, well, protect your ankles at all costs.
Speaker 17: Well, we're hoping for a good day here in Ripley the drawing is up to over two hundred and twenty six thousand dollars. So coming down on Wednesday, and Darren, we've got any entertainment night, no entertainment, just just us normal happy people here and put the.
Speaker 2: Three dogs on stage. I mean you've had me and Chris Goins. What's the difference.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but here is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is about time we got down there. We'll we'll have to talk to mister Gowan's he's the busy one. I got all kinds of free time since red season started and I'm not making money doing nightcaps. So yeah, I can come down and gravel for gravel for a couple of hours for your money. That'd be great.
Speaker 9: Oh cool, And you know.
Speaker 17: You show that And I was Dick from Dayton on.
Speaker 18: There was great.
Speaker 9: I loved it.
Speaker 2: Well, Sherry, you love Dick anytime of the day. I know, I tell you I didn't.
Speaker 6: I love talking to it.
Speaker 13: I love talking to it.
Speaker 11: Really.
Speaker 2: If you get get a chance for some asphalt therapy, go down Route fifty two or Route I take the ferry over from Augusta and visit the gang at Brookies there on Main Street. And Ripley always good to talk to y'all. Take care. Steve from Itttna with a fifty phone called commentary News of the Week coming up Down. It started as emails that he would send me these carefully crafted emails, thoughtful commentaries online, and then he started calling in and man, just really really exploded. People love to hear this guy, and I'm one of them. Steve from atn Ohio back with us on a Saturday morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Stephen, Good morning, Gary Jeff. Tomorrow is Easter, the historic day when the Lord got up earlier. And Gary Jeff Walker The life and Death of Jesus Christ got me to thinking, who is the person who got the idea that we should start counting the years in the so called common era with the birth of Jesus Christ as an ad Latin for Anno domini meaning in the year of the Lord. Well, here's the answer. In AD five point twenty five, a monk named Dionecius nicknamed Denis the Small and I did not make that up. I have no idea where the hell that came from. During a break from making some mighty fine wine at the Jeremiah Monastery, started counting the years since the estimated birth of Christ, which became one AD. The Pope thought that was a great idea, so the Catholic Church adopted the idea, which became a worldwide standard many centuries later. Dennis was motivated by the Church's investigation into when to celebrate the moving feast of Easter, moving meaning the data is not fixed. Of course, neither as the Super Bowl, but that problem wouldn't arise until the invention of television commercials.
Speaker 11: But I digress.
Speaker 7: The Church had taken a long time realizing what a problem this was. They couldn't use the Internet to find a solution until the first Council of Nicea in three twenty five AD decided that the Savior Jesus Christ and his resurrection would be celebrated, and I quote from the Latin on the first Sunday after the full moon following the spring equinox, or as Jeremiah the Bullfrog would say, good moon rising. Just wanted to see if you were listening. I would have thought that it would have been easier just to say, quote six weeks after they clear all the drunks off Bourbon Street on Marti Gras, But I'd be wrong. Fast forward from the Council of Nicee at two hundred years to Dennis the Monk, who had arrived at jesus birthday you may remember as ONEAD relying on his interpretation of early Christian writings. More recently, we have arrived at the Savior's birth as between four and six BC, meaning before Christ. Dionecius wanted to replace the calendar system in existence at that time, named after the Roman emperor Diocletian, not a relative, who reigned from two eighty four to three Zho five a d a notorious persecutor of Christians. He was happily followed several years later by Christian convert Constantine, who was sadly followed centuries later by the anti Christian Biden administration policies. If you are now wondering how the years before Christ were calibrated, that is, counting backwards from the birth of Christ, thanked the church historian Venerable Bead, whose book on British Church history sparked the effort thirteen hundred years ago to start numbering the BC years. Notice that there is.
Speaker 9: No year zero.
Speaker 7: We go from one BC to ONEAD. The concept of the number zero had not been defined by mathematicians until the Cincinnati red started losing one to nothing baseball games. The so called authority actually the go to authority on world history. As of course mel Brooks, author of History of the World Part one, I also consulted for this piece Cecil b de Mel's Ten Commandments. This week, JD. Vance he had an imitation of Moses in the mel Brooks documentary where Moses accidentally dropped and broke the tablets, which Democrat appointed judges have used ever since to make sinful behavior irrelevant under the law. But I digress.
Speaker 16: JD.
Speaker 7: Vance was holding the most sacred tablet in Christendom, the National Championship College Football trophy val your Heads, which split into two pieces. President Trump was there and he was not too dug unhappy, and he ordered DOE'E director Elon Musk to eliminate the office of Vice President. Currently, JD is on his way to an l Salvador prison. Speaking of criminals, Oh.
Speaker 9: This is so beautiful.
Speaker 7: New York Attorney General Letista James Fratchie saves some money by falsifying two mortgage applications in Virginia on her home state, claiming each one was her primary residence. How can you have two primary residences and copying her father's credit rating by claiming he was her husband. Recall, in twenty twenty four, she loudly proclaimed that nobody is above the law. Well, let's see about that. I say she's living in glasshouses and shouldn't throw stones at Donald Trump time and El Salvador prison anyone. By the way, Gary Jeff, kudos to you, of course, big kudos to Jesus for that rendition of Oh Happy Day. I love that song. The Edwin Hawkins singers rolled that one out. I think there's version was about nineteen sixty nine. That is a seventeen hundred and fifty five ad him. It reached on the secular charts number two in nineteen sixty nine. Think of that, folks. This is a gospel song that on the secular charts made number two. I first heard it on my car radio, and I was thinking we can get out of the sixties. I think can we get out of the twenty twenties. Hey, take care of yourself. Happy Easter, Gary Jeff.
Speaker 2: Happy Easter, Steve. Thank you very much. My friend Ray Scott from Loveland chiming in on this Easter weekend. Good morning, brother Gary Jeff.
Speaker 12: How you doing, My friend is man as I say a hearty amen to.
Speaker 11: What a great way.
Speaker 12: To start your great show. It was tremendous, and I you know, my glass is half full, Gary Jeff Walker, in all all the headlines in the news, and then you see these pictures all over the world, as Elo saying, all over the world celebrating this unbelievable, unfathomable gift from God. I mean, you know, it hit me last night in church. You know a lot of times it's said fantied about. You know, he he died for everyone, he died for which he did, which he did, but the enormity of the King of kings and Lord of lords, the Son of God. I think we should put it in slow motion. I'm trying to and remember that he died for me. You got to make it personal. He died for you, He died for me. Yes, everyone, but it's personal and it's unbelievable.
Speaker 9: And I'll tell you.
Speaker 12: And they're celebrating in Spain, in Gaza, Jerusalem, Uganda, America and you name it and let freedom ring, and I just I don't know. I just thought I wanted to share that, brother, and thank you so much for letting me do so God bless you and your family, and God bless America.
Speaker 2: That the Eastern God bless you. Ray well said, And it has to be personal for to mean anything to each of us, it has to be a personal relationship with God. And that's what Jesus brought. He came to earth God as human flesh. He suffered all the things that we suffer. He did not suffer sin, He suffered temptation. The only human being ever without sin on this earth is Jesus Christ. And the one without sin wound up paying from my sin and my sins which are many. How much can I be forgiven because of Jesus' sacrifice as many as all the drops in the ocean. That truly is the miracle of this weekend and every day of the rest of my life on this earth. True miracle. It is personal, and I hope it is for you. We continue on seven hundred WLW into another hour of the Saturday Morning edition for Saturday, April nineteenth, twenty twenty five. Easter Weekend and Gary Jeff Walker Steve Shulty is celebrating Easter with his family, will be attending services. I'm certain Steve's a devout Catholic out in Colorado, So we wish him and his family the best and a blessed Easter weekend. So in his space this morning, I thought I would just read an excerpt that appeared in Real Clear Religion by this fantastic writer is a Washington insider to work on political campaigns and worked with the Congress for years, and he's just now a brilliant op ed person named J. T. Young, who I've had on my shows on the Night Caps many times. And its title is the most Demanding Holiday. And this was out this past Wednesday as Easter is approaching, and he writes, Easter is the hardest holiday. It is because it demands faith. There's no other way to approach the crucifixion of Jesus and its aftermath in its celebratory mood unless you accept the whole package God, sacrifice, death, resurrection, redemption. And he goes on and he talks about how Christmas is a much more accessible holiday to celebrate, even if you don't believe that Jesus was the son of God, that it's it's hard not to celebrate new life, especially as we do in the dead of winter when there's so much lifelessness around. For many of the world. But Easter, if you're going to celebrate it, it's just a tough road to hoe unless you have that faith. He goes on and he writes, Easter's cross is in fact a crossroads. You must turn toward it, or you must turn away from it. There are no other choices. If we are to face Easter in all its horrible realities and celebrate it, this can only be done through faith. We must follow the path of the disciples themselves. Theirs was confirmed by the empty tomb, and then by the resurrected Jesus, even to the point of Jesus commanding Thomas, take your finger and examine my hands. Put your hand into my side. Do not persist in your unbelief, but believe. That's from John twenty twenty seven, that first Easter demanded faith no less than have all the subsequent ones triumphed over all the doubts that the disciples had until those moments. Later on this morning, will close the show with He's Alive by Dolly Parton, which is one of my favorite songs about the story of this weekend, of the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and one of those disciples, of course, being Peter, who did as Jesus predicted he would do, deny him three times before the cock crowed. That morning, faith triumphed over all the doubts that the disciples had until those moments. Only then could they understand. Only then could they accept. Only then could they celebrate. Easter's demand of faith has not changed. It is not because it cannot. Only faith allows us to accept Easter for what it means, What it truly is not the outward manifestations of this world, but for what will occur in the next because of it. Without this faith, and I'll just finish here. Without this faith, good Friday cannot be good. Crucifixion cannot be victory. The tomb cannot be empty, Jesus cannot be risen. Death in this world cannot mean life in the next. Without faith, we are empty. Just as is Easter. There is no celebration because there can be none. Like no other holiday, Easter demands faith. Others offer offer amps. Easter does not, nor does Easter shrink from its demands. Without faith, there is no holiday. And for this reason, Easter is the most important holiday, the holiest day we Christians truly have.
Speaker 11: J T.
Speaker 2: Young thank you for that it's scept to the concert.
Speaker 4: I feel like we should be there by now.
Speaker 2: Solana is back. The first dawn of family fitness Recovery. The guy does it all. He's a trainer and he's a biohacker, and he has some beefs with something that he bought into and found that it wasn't all it was advertised to be. Good morning, Roco. How's your thera gun working?
Speaker 9: Oh my goodness, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 16: You know, it's so funny because in uh like twenty sixteen, I get to meet doctor Jason of Westland. He's the inventor of up the thera gun.
Speaker 13: Back then, it was a it was, you know, a pretty innovative product. We're all, you know, all happy that there was something that was vibratory on the market, you know, and it was more of a of a you know, it could centralize uh, the therapy and and all that. And then all of a sudden, a thera gun I got really big and there was you know, like there was like a million knockoffs of the of the thera gun, like the hyper volt and all that. And then and then after you know, about ten years or so, uh, you know, because O thera gun was so popular.
Speaker 19: Equity, you know equity, I got a hold of it, and these equity partners are north Castle Partners bought.
Speaker 13: A thorough gun and then created a company called The Body and they they invested one hundred and sixty five million into the company and it just blew up. It just blew up, and then like a really great company, like many of them, became just a garbage company. And you know, I bought, I bought a the gun. I bought uh, you know, like the compression sleeves and just really stupid little issues like like the charger wire or what the charger itself. They didn't like customer service.
Speaker 9: I was. I tried to get a hold of them for six months and so.
Speaker 2: All of the the all of the things that they promised when you purchased this Thera gun, and they're not cheap. It was like six hundred dollars for the Thera gun, another what eight nine hundred dollars for the compression sleeves. And I didn't even know what these were until I saw this post at Rococostellano dot com and I'm looking at it and I'm going, I know that a lot of times you take a lot of stances about health and physical fitness that other people kind of cocked their heads and go, I don't know if he's got all the if his elevator goes to the top floor. But you bought into this and found out that you got sold a bill of goods because they simply do not give you the customer service that they promised.
Speaker 9: Right, Yeah, Well, and.
Speaker 11: And what's it's wild is the gun and the and the devices work. But if you don't have the accessories or the auxiliary pieces that go with it, if they don't.
Speaker 13: If those things break down, the whole gun is is garbage usually And I literally had to throw the.
Speaker 9: Gun in the garbage. So six hundred dollars in the garbage, and and and nine hundred dollars in the garbage.
Speaker 13: So I just want to talk about it because I don't I don't want other people out there to get burned buying these things and then and then not being able to use them and then just wasting money.
Speaker 11: Well, thank you, Like there's other companies out there.
Speaker 2: Thank you, whistle blower, Thank you whistleblower, Rococostelano dot com buyer beware when it comes to the thor gun. Thank you, brother. I appreciate that time. Now for the Tom Davis Diaries, something I refer to as the you know, just funny, little weird stories from around the country, around the world that Tom curates. And here is our reporter. Now, good morning Gary Jeff.
Speaker 18: This week strong enough for a man, but pH balanced just for tennis. But first, Jonathan Charles shiedek in big trouble after he went into a gas station in the Florida Keys swinging an axe. He went for the clerk and the Good Samaritans, who confronted him before running out the door with a bag of Chex Mix. When deputies found him, he had ditched the weapon but was bleeding from his hand. He was arrested for armed robbery, aggravated assault, and the felony possession of a weapon, all for chex mix. An American YouTuber is in custody in India for visiting a restricted island while carrying a diet coke. You see, the island is off limits to outsiders and his home to the Sentinalis tribe. The man says that he wanted to interact with the tribe, which is known for their isolation, so he brought a diet coke with him. The cops say, this is just some guy on YouTube trying to get some views, and he's in big trouble. A man who wishes to remain anonymous recently discovered that his twenty seven year old girlfriend is actually forty eight. He says, I've been dating my girlfriend for four years now and she's always claimed to be born in April of ninety eight, but then I found a picture of her and her passport on our laptop where she was born in seventy seven. He says there have been a few red flags during their time together that he chose to ignore. He said, every time I asked her for any documents like a passport or an ID, she refused to show me, giving some silly excuse and trying to avoid the matter.
Speaker 2: The man didn't say whether or not this is the end of their relationship.
Speaker 18: And finally, British tennis star Harriet Dart recently playing Francis Louise Bausson in a tournament when she asked the umpire can you tell her to wear deodorant because the smell she smells really bad? The ump ignored Harriet, who eventually went on to lose the match. Then she later apologized releasing a state been saying, Hey everyone, I want to say I'm sorry for what I said on court today. It was the heat of the moment comment that I truly regret. I mean it usually is the heat of the moment right literally. Next week, man buys, boat man cleans, boat man finds over a million dollars in drug money.
Speaker 2: Have a wonderful Easter weekend.
Speaker 1: Hours and storms will linger throughout your day today. Not looking like a wash out, but just keep it in mind for any outdoor plans your Sunday for Easter looking better. Cloudy skies, temperatures in the seventies with a quick chance for some rain from a severe weather station. I'm nine first warning meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 20: No rains showing up on rid on the price date right now. The shower close to showers are north of Dayton around Sydney sixty nine degrees. Next update eight thirty. I'm Brian colemb Snooze Radio seven wl.
Speaker 4: News twenty four hours a day. He was a radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: You're one stop for advertising call eight four eight four four. iHeart into another hour of the Saturday Morning edition on this Easter weekend, April nineteenth, twenty twenty five. Gary Jeff Walker blessed to be here with you, and it's great to be here always, and it's great to have our friends of the many who were assembled, including science Mike with a science minute.
Speaker 14: Yes, but as a nice scientist, a bit surprising all blinded me, Michael, good morning, and how.
Speaker 11: Are you good?
Speaker 21: Holy Saturday, Happy Holy Saturday, yes sir, and happy Easter weekend to you, sir, Yes, sir, Just go so quick you never think you do enough to prepare for it to you now.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 21: Well, it's kind of like a health science minute here, Gary Jeff. And do you like Do you like bananas? I enjoy bananas.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not a big I'll be honest. I'm not a big banana fan. But I know we need the potassium. So tell me about it.
Speaker 10: Well, you need the potassium.
Speaker 21: There's a mathematical model now by a University of Research Facilitium, Canada that actually shows that not only when you like men suffer high blood pressure more readily than the pre menopausal one. Yeah, that's me too. And they tell you to lower your sodium intake. You know, you know, when men first got on the planet in a lot of areas today we used, it was a more high fruit, high vegetable diet, which is not a high high sodium diet. It's more of a high potassium diet. So now our diets have changed. Some more of us in these fast food air of high sodium meals, and we just don't do very well with those type of dietarya attitudes. What they prove is not only should men lower their high their sodium intake, but they need to increase the ratio of the potassium. So you need to eat eat higher potassium content foods like broccoli. If you don't like obviously you don't like vantage, you get broccol. There's other high potassium type of a nutritional natural foods that you can take. The whole point is that men react better to increase a potassium to the to the to the sodium intake, and that greatly reduces the high blood pressure in our system.
Speaker 2: So so you're prescribing you're prescribing me bananas basically for my high blood pressure.
Speaker 21: Well, I'm describing you to eat not only lower your sodium, but you need to increase your potassium. Concentration in your in your system to help lower that blood pressure.
Speaker 2: How about if I increase how about if I increase my potassium to the point where I don't need to lower my sodium because I really like salt.
Speaker 11: We'll try to balance it out.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, we will do my best. Thank you very much. No, you don't understand how close it hits home. I mean, I'm on at least three medications for high blood pressure for hypertension right now, and every time I go into everything else is fine. But the doctor looks at the BP and she shakes her head and she goes, I don't know what else to do, so she's never recommended bananas, but I'm gonna buy a bunch, all right, Science Mike, thank you very much. Thanks for the RX. It's eight eleven seven d WLW.
Speaker 1: Alutly moving on and we'll have chances for showers and some thunderstorms throughout the day, but it is not a wash out. Just keep in mind you might run into a few showers throughout your outdoor activities. Easter Sunday looking better. We're looking at mostly cloudy skies with a few showers here and there for much of your weather station I'm nine first Warning Meteorology Cameron Harden on News Radio seven hundred wlwnd WL Sport.
Speaker 2: Here's Liam Tomlinson.
Speaker 5: The Orange and Blue are currently tied for second in the Eastern Conference to the first month and a half of the season, and they are back in action tonight on the road against Chicago Fire FC. Pregame coverage begins at eight o'clock and kickoff is set for eight thirty. You can catch all that action on ESPN fifteen thirty. The Red Legs with an eight to three win on the road against the Baltimore Oriols last night.
Speaker 2: That moves the Reds to ten and ten on the year.
Speaker 5: Abbott pitch phenomenal with six innings, allowing one earned run on two hits and eleven strikeouts. Ellie got the offense rolling with a three run home run at the top of the third inning, and hey me or Kta Lario had a solo shot in the fourth and Matt McClain followed.
Speaker 2: It with a three run home run.
Speaker 5: Hunter Green will be on the mound for the Reds this afternoon, and they are back in action for game two of three in Baltimore. Inside Pitch begins at three to five. First pitch is set for four oh five here on the Home of the Red seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Thank you, sir. Let's roll on here. We got some people on the line to talk to. First, that Teresa in South Carolina. Good morning, that Teresa. Hello, that Teresa going once, Hello there you are.
Speaker 22: Oh my god, I'm here, a happy Eastern CHRISTA two point zero you know, really quick for my man minute this weekend, I thought, what can I bring to the table to enhance this radio show, this award running production of yours. And I said, yeah, I got nothing.
Speaker 2: But that's how I felt all morning. I got nothing, But I.
Speaker 9: Hear I think I got a work for the day.
Speaker 22: I'll give a little knowledge to the people of the good people the Tribe state, if I may.
Speaker 7: The word of the weekend is just combobulate, meaning.
Speaker 22: Confuse are confound, which is what I do. Have a wonderful day.
Speaker 9: God, bless you, I love you.
Speaker 2: Thank you a little discombobulation long distance, Mike and Blue Ash, what's you got for us?
Speaker 15: Gary, Jeff, You're blessing the the community. Mini Happy cancer for years to you and your family. If you remember, under our most divisive president ever of a Rock Hussein. He turned NASA into a Muslim outreach. Well, I noticed yesterday that NASA announced that they had determined that a lunar eclipse had occurred on the day of April third, thirty three, a d which just happens to coincide with a biblical and scriptural story of not story, but a revelation of Christ's death. And then that evening there was a blood moon, a dark red moon after the eclipse to court near sunset. So if we look for these signs, God left them for us, and thankfully now there's people that point them out. If your faith needs to be buttressed with historical facts, they're there if you want to find them. If you don't need that, that's great too. But our God is magnificent, and he rises on Sunday and we are saved by his actions.
Speaker 2: Praise God. Thank you, Mike, appreciate that. Gifts from Wally Ahead, we have Moe Egger, we have Mike Allen, and then a special end of show homage for the Christian holiday of Easter, which I am celebrating and have been all morning with those of you who celebrate similarly. And thanks Mike and everybody else for tuning in and being a part of that. We'll take a break and news coming up and then all the rest on the Saturday morning edition. On this Easter weekend and seven hundred WLW. Prestorms throughout the day, but it is not a washout.
Speaker 1: Just keep in mind you might run into a few showers throughout your outdoor activities.
Speaker 2: Easter Sunday looking better.
Speaker 1: We're looking at mostly cloudy skies with a few showers here and there form a severe weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 20: Radar doesn't show any rain in the frist date this morning. The close to showers are north of Sydney into Belfum sixty nine degrees. Next update at nine I'm Brian Coles. Here's Radio Soluble.
Speaker 2: News twenty four hours a day.
Speaker 4: He was a radio seven hundred WLW going morning kids.
Speaker 2: Time for gifts from Wally the birthday Chat. It's Johnny's tenth birthday and his dad comes in to said John, I think it's high time we had a discussion about the birds and the bees. And he said, no, I don't want to and he breaks down in tears. That's John. What's the matter. Well, when I was seven, you had to talk with me about that there's no tooth fairy, and then on my eighth birthday you told me that there was no Easter Bunny. And last year on my birthday, you told me that there was no Santa Claus. If you're about to tell me that grown up don't really have sex, I have nothing to live for all. Right, round and third and heading for home, so to speak. On a Saturday morning, eight forty one on seven out of WLW to talk about a myriad of different things. Well, we'll see what we uncover here in a moment. Uh, the one, the only mo Egger joins us again. Hey mo Happy Easter, Happy Easter.
Speaker 9: What's going on?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 2: You know, we're just sitting around killing time, filling the content, filling the time between commercials because we're influencers. So Thursday, after the game, on Thursday, the Reds bullpen and defense totally collapsed after the incredible Grand Slam home run by Jake Fraley. We're at the bar and I fully expected in the postgame for Terry Francona to come out and do a Dennis Green thing where he says they are who we thought they were, and we let them off the hook. That was just a absolutely, absolutely ridiculous the way. And then last night they go on the road. They are playing a Baltimore Orioles team that is facing the same starting pitching problems that the Reds had at the beginning of last year, or you know, they just decimated starting pitching. So you kind of expect some offense out of the Reds this weekend in this series against the Orioles, don't you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you do. You know, you go back to Thursday. I thought that was the worst game they have played top to bottom all season. One four errors, the defensive miscues. You know, Brady Singer was okay ish, you still had a two run league going into the top of the ninth inning. Emilio Pegod with his first genuinely bad outing this season, and then Graham Ashcraft, who you know certainly wasn't done any favors by his defense, really his first bad outing of the season, but give him credit for bouncing back last night. You're right, it's a Baltimore team that they should be able to score against.
Speaker 11: They did last night.
Speaker 9: They got the big three run homer from Elie de La Cruz, which for about five minutes we thought was maybe maybe going to be ruled a doubles, then they correctly ruled it a home run. Got some decent bullpen work last night, a good start from Andrew Abbott. But yeah, that game on Thursday. They've had a couple of those, those games that you know, go back to opening Day, one run lead going into the ninth inning, the game against San Francisco a week ago, this past Wednesday, a six to one lead in the sixth inning, and a two run lead on Thursday. You got to win those games. This is a small margin for air team, but they at least did bounce back last night. And this is a series I would argue against Baltimore they should win. And it's a series starting on Monday against Miami that I would argue they should win. And it's a series against Colorado next weekend that I would argue they should win if they could clean up the defense. I think they've got a chance because of the opponents and because of their own starting pitching to go in a little bit of a run here. I'm pretty optimistic, but.
Speaker 2: They haven't played the meat grinder of their schedule yet as far as really good teams, right.
Speaker 9: Correct, Which is why you know, we talked about this before the season started. We always talked about, man, the Reds have to avoid the slow start, right Day've got to avoid the slow start. My take was, you got to get off to a fast start because April and early May are forgiving, because there's a whole lot of you know, Colorado Rocky and Florida Marlin, and I think you know Baltimore's won ninety games, he's in the last two seasons, but they're not off to a very good start. Baltimore Orioles, Washington Nationals. You look later in the scheduled and that's when you start to see San Diego Padres, the LA Dodgers, the Philadelphia Phillies, the New York Mets, the Chicago Cubs are here later this month, offensively the best team in the sport. You have to take care of business against bad teams, and you have to take care of business against the middling teams. And they're playing a bunch of those right now.
Speaker 2: I don't think you're going to be able to live with the sheriff. The producer here after Nick Lodolo and his wife named their kid Keaton this is going to be miserable for all of us. Just saying I have not been a real big fan of the NBA for quite a while, and I think we've talked about that before too much. That being said, I just, I mean, why don't they just let everybody in the league in the playoffs and so the regular seis The play in thing is just I don't know, how do you feel about the play in system now in the playoffs in the NBA.
Speaker 9: I love it because it creates drama. Toward the end of the season, the Golden State Warriors and LA Clippers played a regular season game, game number eighty one for Golden State that they had to win in order to avoid the play in and meanwhile you have the Clippers playing for home field advantage. It made for a great game. I think it's created some really good end of season drama, and we get, you know, essentially, we get do or die games almost immediately. Some of the games themselves haven't been great, and you know, you look at the teams that play that are seated seven through ten, most of them have almost no shot of getting to the NBA Finals. Although the Miami Heat did a couple of years ago, went from the play in and lost their first play in game and then got all the way to the NBA Finals. But I think it creates instant drama. I think it gives the teams that are seated one through six a rest advantage. You know, last night Memphis wins, they beat Dallas in the play in game, and now they've got to play Sunday afternoon at one o'clock, so a clear advantage to the higher seeded team.
Speaker 15: I like it.
Speaker 12: I don't think it waters down the regular season at all. I think it makes the end of the regular season a little bit better, and it gives us games that have I think NBA playoff series are too long. You know, if you said to me, you can enact one change. I liked it when the first round was best.
Speaker 2: Of five, Yeah, right, I enjoyed number one.
Speaker 9: You had a better chance as for an upset, and then the series where you know one team was clearly better than the other didn't drag. Now these early round series drag a little bit too much. And so I think what the play in does is it starts the postseason with basically a game six, and I think it's been I know it has its detractors, I think it's been a success.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough, I just like, what do you what do you play all those games for the beginning if if it's not to determine you know, playoff count. But and you're right about the series in the playoff series being too long. Even even that, I remember the NBA Finals. If it goes seven games, you're talking about two and a half weeks before it's out. Just come well in in three days, we'll be back in Boston for Game two. And you just got ridiculous after a while.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: The NFL Draft, obviously, we're gonna have huge coverage here on seven hundred WLW starting on Thursday. I know you'll be a part of that. Uh, let's talk about possibilities and just kind of pregaming for that a little bit more.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, I think what's interesting about the Bengals is if you look at their team needs, okay, and you sit there and go, okay, and the draft they've got to address these specific needs. That list does not look like the list of a team that has genuine Super Bowl aspirations. It looks like the team needs of a team that's coming off a four win season and So what does that do it? I think it amplifies the importance of this year's draft. They need players who as rookies can come in and play and help immediately, which quite frankly, in recent years they really haven't gotten. And the questions become Number One, can you figure out a way? I think if if you ask Duke Cobin, who will run the draft, if you had your way, what are you going to do on Day one? He would tell you We're going to trade to pick, trade down and get more draft picks because we have a lot of positions to address. I think what I'm interested in seeing is number one, do they draft a guard in round one? You know, the name that a lot of people have talked about is Tyler Booker from Alabama. For all of their defensive issues, you can never go wrong going out of your way to protect Joe Burrow. And if you're ever going to build any lead offensive line, that's going to happen through the draft. It maybe started last year with the Marius Mims. Does it continue in round one this year? And if no, the answerers know how long do they wait before they find the guard who can play.
Speaker 21: In year one?
Speaker 9: And then it's you know, how do they upgrade the pass rush. It's a deep class of edge rushers, but how many of those guys can make an impact in their first season. They're still trying to figure out ways to replace Jesse bas Jesse Bates in the first version of on Bell. Where do they find a safety in this draft? They need a linebacker. You know, they only have six picks and you could rattle off all of their team needs no matter who they take in round one. I think a lot of us are going to go Okay, well, they now have pushed addressing this position further in the draft, and you have to now do it on Friday or do it on Saturday. I think this is a pivotal class. I think if the Bengals win a Super Bowl with Joe Burrow as quarterback, this class is going to have.
Speaker 15: A lot to do with it.
Speaker 9: And if they don't win the Super Bowl with Joe Burrow, you're going to look at their failures in this year's draft as being the main reason why they have drafted really poorly the last few years in terms of getting players to help right away. If that doesn't change this season, this team ceiling is not very high.
Speaker 2: You talk about the guard mo and then you talk about obviously defensive needs that the Bengals have, I would if I was looking at defense and looking at the players coming out in the draft for the Bengals on defense, I don't necessarily care as much about position as I do. I want the best, most facious, open field tackler I can find in college football, because that's what's lacking. You spoke to Jay Bates and Von Belt. You need somebody that is just going to go after somebody and put him down the second he gets his arms around.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I mean, how many times did you see the Bengals missingtackle last year? Right, specifically specifically at safety and at linebacker. I think that's going to be something that Al Gold and the new defensive coordinator, emphasizes pretty heavy.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 9: I we always hear about what do you draft the best player or do you draft for what you need? And I think this is a draft where you're kind of drafting for need more than you are. Maybe the best player on your board, because the best player on your board, if you're at seventeen or even at forty nine in rounds, the best player on your board could be a wide receiver. Well, Bengals are good. There could be a defensive tackle. I think the Bengals feel like they're okay there. I think more than anything else, they need guys who can tackle in the open field. But look, Trey Hendrickson led the league in sacks last season, and yet twenty three NFL teams finished with more sacks. There was a pro found lack of pass rush. They've got to fix that in this raft.
Speaker 2: Moager, Happy Eastern, Thank you very much, my friend Mike Allen counselor. What's on the Big Show Today's Hey Brother Saturday morning.
Speaker 23: Yeah, we're going to talk about Senator Chris van Holland, who saw fit to travel all the way down to El Salvador and the taxpayer's dime to sip margaritas and make sure an illegal alien, an MS thirteen gang member, an alleged wife beater, make sure he was okay quickly. Who's on the show going to talk to James Bogan about the Trump administration suing the main governor over men pretending to be women. Janis Heizel Epoch Times. There's a bunch of J sixers who are running for Congress.
Speaker 2: Yep, good talk to her about that. Back to close up next. We're definitely going to be late to the concert. I feel like we should be there by now. I'm just taking a little