Speaker 1: Jenny had the jab and had the booster yesterday, So you don't you usually come in here like a bundle of joy and energy, and you've kind of been just kind of it today.
Speaker 2: I told Dave earlier, it's just like brain fog. I'm really fucking tired, and I just kind of held like the chills and stuff. It doesn't compare to the first time I ever got a booster, thank God. Like if I felt like that, I probably wouldn't be here right now. But I did wake up profusely sweating, and Andrew woke up. He's like, are you going to go into work? I was like, I just don't feel that bad, Like I just I'm uncomfortable right right, Yeah, I don't feel that bad. And I figured, if anything, I could make it through most of the show and like get out of here right away.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I totally get that. I got the booster a couple of weeks ago, and then came in the next day and I left at eight o'clock because we were doing the mixtape game and I just couldn't think of anything funny to say. And then eventually I stopped talking at all because I couldn't think of anything interesting to say, and I think that's one of our jobs. It's like, not just say anything, but try to say something mildly interesting. And we're all pretty interesting people. But I could think of anything, so I left. So what are you gonna do the rest of the day.
Speaker 2: Well, I too have a meeting with a finance guy for like two hours this afternoon, but outside of that, I don't have anything. So I just got to get through that and then I'm not going to do anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pants day.
Speaker 1: It's a good day for soft pants day because it's shitty outside and it's just gross, and you know, it is just it's that time of the year we're kind of getting into like Okay, here it comes, here comes the winter. No snow yet, which is a little bit weird.
Speaker 3: Well, we had snow on Halloween.
Speaker 1: We did have a little bit, Yeah we did. That's true. Yeah, it rains here in the winter time, and that always kind of weirded me out because in Colorado, where I grew up, it did not rain in the wintertime. Ever. It would stop raining in October and then would rain again in April, and it was between it was always snow, never rained.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I don't mind when it's rain though, because if it's snow that that's a hindrance as far as I'm concerned to travel.
Speaker 2: Are you ready to be around the snow though, because you're going there for Thanksgiving and Colorado has been getting dumped on with snow.
Speaker 1: Yeah they have. Yeah, we're gonna be there over Thanksgiving, and yeah, I think so. You know, we had a wood burning fireplace and it's cozy. It's a very small ish house by today's standards, and there's gonna be a bunch of us packed in there. So I think it's gonna be great. Definitely looking forward to it. Downtown Colorado Springs is beautiful. This shop in and walk around, and so the family will be there and so yeah, it'll be it'll be very nice. All right, let's get on to Juanita's got a rant. Let's see what she's got today. I mean, not preview this, but let's check it out. I'm gonna push all the correct buttons and make sure we get Jannita on and here we go.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hey, it's me.
Speaker 5: So I went to Sam's Club and I got out of my truck and I'm walking and I saw this older couple beside me. They were waiting on this guy to finish taking his grocers out of his cart because they were waiting to get into the handicapped spot that he was parked next to. So once he got through putting his grocer's in the car instead of it taking his cart to the cart corral, he pushed his cart further into the handicapped spot that he was parked next to. So the older gentleman and that was in the car asked me. He said in a polite voice and said, hey, can do you mind moving your cart? We want to park here, do you know? He fucking flicked him off. So then of course I had to step in.
Speaker 1: OK.
Speaker 5: So I asked the guy. I'm like, dude, move your cart. They want to park there. He flicked me off too, So I asked the older gentleman. I said, just wait right there. And I told the guy, I said stay right there, and like a dumbass, he stayed. So I went and got back up my truck and I pulled my truck in front of his car, and he kept signaling me for me to move, and blah blah, kept calling me all kind of names, and so he kept inching towards my truck. As if he was gonna hit it. I told him, I said, you go ahead and hit if you want to, I will pump you full of so many holes. When you drink a cup of water, they call you rain man. Finally, after so many seconds of him looking like an asshole, he finally decided to get out and move the goddamn cart.
Speaker 3: Why are people so fucking ignorant?
Speaker 5: Why would you put the cart in the handicapped spot and you know they were gonna park that put it in the car correa where it was supposed to go, Your fucking loser. Well there's my rant you guys. Talk to you next week.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love the fact that she's like a mom and she's a wife, and she's a pro and she's so kind of whatever. But she uses the F bomb freely and I am here for it. Thank you, wan Anita.
Speaker 2: That's civic duty. Just look out for that handicapped person trying to get in that spot. And she's like, I'm getting involved, now, I'm getting involved.
Speaker 1: I love it. Yeah, I don't know. I will tell you this. We talked about returning the cart to the cart corral. We all know you should do it, and somebody called when we had that discussion a couple of weeks ago. They said, I've got little kids. I'm sorry, I'm not going to return my car to the cart corral because I do not want to leave my car with the kids unattended. Sure, and I thought, okay, that kind of makes sense. So fast forward to last Friday. I had Alison's daughters, Ava four and Evelyn two. We went to Buyer Lease to get chocolate chip cookie dough and some potato chips and some things for breakfast. And when I, you know, I push them in the cart out to the car and I I put them in, and you know, putting a kid in a car seat is a process. You two have probably not done that a whole lot, but it's a bit of a process, especially if they're not cooperating, and so it takes a minute you put them in. The cart is still there. I got one on one side of the car, one on the other. And there is no cart corral that I could see at by your lease. I just don't think they have a cart corral. But I noticed that over near the handicap was an empty spot. So I really debated whether I wanted to leave those kids in the car for the fourteen seconds that it would take me to walk over there and back. And I did it. Yeah, you know, because it's it's buyer Ley's and it's chan Hassen and it's safe. But there was a part of me that's and plus I had the keys to the car, so there was part of me that was like, yeah, I get that. So I think that's the only circumstance where you get a pass on not putting the cart pack.
Speaker 2: Shall we take the kids with you to the car corral before you put them in the car?
Speaker 1: Say that again. Let me think about it.
Speaker 2: You've got one kid in like the seat on top, another one walking next to you. Why can't you walk the cart over to the car corral with the kids still with you, and then walk the kids back to the car with you.
Speaker 1: I guess I could have, but I didn't. It didn't occur to me because it wasn't that big of a deal you specifically.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying in general to that argument of like, I have kids, I can't do it.
Speaker 1: I think because you want to take your groceries too, Yeah, I guess you could unload your groceries. I then shove the cart over there with the cart, get the kids out there, and then walk them back. But yeah, I mean I guess you could.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean I'd sat in the car by myself all the time. When when me and my sister were kids, my mom would just be like, I'm going in see you later. So I mean you leaving them in the car for fourteen seconds to put your cart away. I feel like that's fine. How old were you, I don't know, like six, seven, eight?
Speaker 2: Call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my mom would go into km Art and I wouldn't want to go into Kmart, so I'd sit in the car.
Speaker 2: What's it called child services on the car as ninety degrees in the windows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she would crack the windows for us though, So it's good. Well, so she's a good mom.
Speaker 1: I think that so many things have changed. Like when I was a kid, riding in the bed of a pickup truck was a joy. Yeah, did you ever ride in the bed of a pickup truck?
Speaker 4: I feel like I remember doing it maybe once, and then they were like, no, you can't do this, it's against the law. And so then I was a stickler for rules, so I was like, no, you guys, we can never again.
Speaker 1: What about under a camper shell. Think about a camper shell. A friend of mine, his dad had a camp like a truck with a camper shell on the back. And I remember we went camping one time and him and his buddy were up front. Me and my friend were in the back, sitting on sleeping bags in the back of the camper shell. And you know, it's terribly dangerous. If you get into an accident, you're going to get thrown out of the back of the truck or whatever. I mean, there's all kinds of things people go you A, No, when I was a kid, we didn't wear bike helmets. Well, think about the kids that got concussions or whatever. So we didn't because we didn't know better. So things have actually gotten better and safer. Jan Nita, we love you, Thank you very much. Let's move on to it another Minnesota Goodbye email, Good morning, beautiful people. Been meaning to write in for a couple of weeks about people touching on how we would like to hear more vont I know you had mentioned before, but he wants to do a morning show. But I feel like since Vaughn had his own night show and moved to the morning show and become as Jenny said customer service that it's a downgrade. Is being in Vauant's position still better than having his own night show? Yes? And is the only reason Bailey can't do these things is because she doesn't know or she didn't know how to run the equipment. Yeah, I mean vont sits in another room, and so there are things that somebody and it would be weird for Bailey and Vont to switch back and forth. And I will also tell you this one. It's a show that is targeted mostly two women, so we want two women's voices on most of the time. And if it was just me and Vant and Jenny, then Bailey would be in the other room writing down Winter's names and we would miss that delightful Bailey.
Speaker 2: Cac Yeah sound effects. We would miss Bailey.
Speaker 1: Do falling down the stairs. Get that okay, thank you, thank you?
Speaker 3: That one built in.
Speaker 1: The Secondly, how does Bailey feel? And by the way, I would love to have more Vont on the show. I mean I really would. If there was another set of hands in here, I would definitely have Vont sit there's another microphone between Jenny and Bailey. I would love to have Vont in here. The problem is we got to write down winners and load audio and and load up different things and screen callers, and he's just not in.
Speaker 4: There, like twiddling his thumbs. I hope that's not what people think he's doing. He's like actively working on a bunch of stuff, like.
Speaker 1: Recording something right now. Yeah, yeah, we do. We know what he's recording right now.
Speaker 3: He's well, I.
Speaker 2: Think he's editing videos and doing other Okay, he just he's got a lot of random things on the list that he has to do every day, so I couldn't even tell you what he's doing right now.
Speaker 1: Uh. Secondly, how does Bailey feel about having a new boyfriend and being on the radio. Everybody else on the radio has been a relationship for a long time, so I don't think some of the things you say are shocking to your partner. Just curious if Bailey ever feels uneasy sharing things because she knows her man is listening. Well, all right, have a great day. Hope you guys have a fun weekend. That is from Christy.
Speaker 3: Christie.
Speaker 4: First of all, thank you for asking. Trip is not my boyfriend and I like play into it for the radio because it's entertaining and also trip.
Speaker 3: Is like a really good sport about it.
Speaker 4: So I don't feel weird talking about him on the radio because he's I think it's like more comfortable because I know he is listening and he thinks it's fun and like he's a good sport, So I go along with whatever anyone says. Obviously like I'm not going to tell about everything in my life.
Speaker 3: But also it's super early.
Speaker 4: I've truly been on one real life date with him, and then other than that it's been work events that he shows up to.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I think also one of the things that we do on the show, one of the rules is we live our life on the radio. If you know, like you know, come on. We've talked about things like everything from Susan's cancer scare to banging a nerf ball to Carson smoking too much weed, and that is what we do. We are trying to be genuine, authentic people in the hopes that you will go, wow, you know what, I related that because my son also smoked too much weed, or I also had a cancer scare, or I also cut a hole in a nerf ball and fucked.
Speaker 2: Similar.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: If that's you, please send us an email.
Speaker 1: I'll bet nobody else I'm going to get. There's some guy out there, you know, he got mom's candle lope out of the fridge, cut a hole in the candle ope, and decided that he was going to bang that. You know, there is just like there's somebody who's got the hair brush handle and they're going to town with the hairbrush. Everybody got real quiet here all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: I've literally never been something I've heard of before.
Speaker 1: You never the hair brush handle? No, really have you been.
Speaker 2: Jenny's like, no, Wow, well I don't think you whatever you're into go for a baby, but not I haven't heard that one.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I think people use inanimate objects because it's like, all right, we're curious and we.
Speaker 3: Don't have feelings.
Speaker 1: Well, we don't have access to real sex partners when we're thirteen years old, but we have the sex hormones of rage and going, well, gosh, I would like to try to have simulated sex with something. Look at that cantelope. There's a candelope over there. Mom will never miss a candalope. And then when you're done, you put it back in the Fridge'll.
Speaker 2: Never miss if you know, Mom knows that Candilope is missing and she will miss that thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, next one, Hello, favorite morning show. It's a girl Aaron. I cannot live without the Minnesota Goodbye and Morning Show podcast. Let me take a moment to say thank you. I appreciate that I worked and I shift at the UFM hospital, so I listened back every day. Wanted to send an email with two topics. I'm the one who called in yesterday regarding the top Thanksgiving side, to which I said, Gravy followed up with my Shamou joke. It made me laugh day, thought it was so funny. And come to find out, you named the six am podcast episode after my Shamoo joke.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: What was the joke again?
Speaker 3: You remember, I'll have to look at it.
Speaker 1: Okay, take a second.
Speaker 2: She said that she treats Gravy like, oh, the audience at sea World when Shamoo comes around.
Speaker 1: Splashes it on everything. Okay, something like that.
Speaker 2: That might not be the exact she says.
Speaker 3: I come by like Shamoo. That's what she said.
Speaker 1: I love that. I want to go back and send my brother the podcast for Rooim to listen to, but that whole segment was cut from the podcast. What is there any chance at copy the audio file exists somewhere I could listen to. I'd love to send it to my brother, who knows how much your show is a part of my daily life. Thank you. If possible, we will look for it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I get it up to on the on the hourly podcast to make sure, because that might have just been a mistake or some kind of error.
Speaker 1: Onto the next email. Let's see you get to push the right tab and here we go. By the way, Thank you, Erin, She says, thanks for everything you do to make the show amazing. There's unknown time and effort that I appreciate so much. I love the morning show group, and you're all the best part of my morning. You know what, you might think that gets old to hear. It never does. It's kind of like it never gets old when your partner says I love you. It just never gets old. Yeah, and so thank you. We love to hear that one. Dartiest of dart Lick's Aaron a p one listener, thank you Erin. Next one, I gotta find it. Here we go, please keep me Anonymous Catching up on the podcast, and Dave was talking about his sister Donna not being good with money and taking advantage of day because he is financially responsible. I could not relate more to Dave as I did hearing this. I am in grad school, my partner works, but our incomes combined we are able to live comfortably. My mom and the rest of my family are constantly struggling. My dad passed away four years ago, and whatever money he had in insurance, etc. Went to my mom. I told her, this money you have is not enough. The best thing you can do is put it away and only use it to continue living the way you was not extravagantly. Wouldn't you know it? She blew it all. What she spent it on I don't even know, but I know she gave away some to the rest of my siblings, and one even took some without her knowledge due to her trusting in with a large amount that he never took care of. Now my mom relies solely on her social security with nothing left over, and she continues to splurge cable TV, brand new car, two bedroom apartments. She lives alone, still giving away whatever money she has left in my siblings. It's so aggravating because now talking to her, all I hear is I'm broke. My siblings are asking for money, holding hostage holidays and visits unless she gives them something. So in other words, I'm not going to come see you with the grandkids unless you give me four hundred dollars. The heck, she recently guilted me into loaning your money because it was their anniversary and she was spending it with a friend to celebrate the anniversary in the friend's birthday. It wasn't much, and I don't expect her to pay it back, but it's still frustrating. She is supposed to be the adult who has lived a life of experiences. That is going to be very frustrating because what can you do. I could tell Donna, and she honestly has not asked for money in probably a year or so, and I just sent her a birthday card with one hundred dollars in it. And I know that, you know, one hundred dollars is not change anyone's life, but it's going to help her and maybe she can buy a new code or a new pillow or something like that. But it is frustrating to see that somebody who's on a limited income, you can't switch turn them away because what are they going to do without your extra money? Like when Donna says the cat needs you know whatever, I can't say no. I did last time. I said, you got to find another way to pay for it, because those are her children. She has no partner, she has no kids, that's all she's got.
Speaker 2: I just feel like there is a point though, where you can stop because you are enabling their bad behavior. Then if you are becoming financially responsible for things, because I don't know, there's just someone in my family that I think is taking advantage of someone else, And I literally said, you're enabling their behavior, and this is why this person keeps doing it. So if you stopped, I think that this person would learn their lesson.
Speaker 1: I think the problem is you're right to an extent. I think that as people get older, they ain't going to change. And it's easier for a thirty five year old to recover and change their habits than it is for a seventy year old. So Donna is never going to change. She Donna has been this way and I love her a lot, but she's always had problems with money. Yeah, when she was younger, my dad and her used to get in arguments not screaming, and we never screamed in our family, but arguments about her spending money because she would spend any time she got any kind of money, she had to blow it.
Speaker 4: I think that's frustrating too, that it's like, well, she's of a certain age now, so she can never change. And that's like I think could be applied to so many other things too. It's like, shouldn't we want to change? Like if you know that you're bad with money and people pointed out that you're bad with money or any life bad personality trait, shouldn't you want to change? Rather than being like, well, can't change anything about me. I'm too old now.
Speaker 1: I think it's kind of like having an ADHD or depression. You can't change it, you know what I mean. I don't know, but in my life experience, the people who are good with money have always been good with money, and the people who are bad with money have always been bad with money. I don't think you can change it or talking to talk him out of it. Maybe you've got a different experience. Anyway, I feel for you, Dave, and I'm sorry your sister won't visit you on Thanksgiving. Hopefully she changes her mind, you get spent it with the family who is able to be there. Thanks for the continuous content on both the main show and the podcast. I very much enjoy the show, and I love Bailey on the show. That's a typo. They meant Dave. Oh yeah, they met Dave, but they wrote Bailey. But that's a type.
Speaker 3: Yeah that makes sense. It's really close.
Speaker 1: I loved her, I loved her since she was a sub, but I'm glad she was brought in permanently but continuously serves the pot. I'm always finding myself wanting to fight him. Jenny, thanks for being a great producer and keeping the game in line. And Dave, thanks for always being funny, wise and sharing your life, making everybody feel like you are their father uncle to us. All. Thank you, take care, all right? And that is anonymous from Floria. When people listen out of state for whatever reason, you know, you found our show or you moved away and you still love the show, yes, and really really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you.
Speaker 1: I don't think we have time for one more. Do we have time for one more? We do not, So we're gonna save that one for tomorrow's Minnesota Goodbye, and we're also looking for your email for the Minnesota Goodbye. Go ahead and dash off a couple of lines and let us know what's on your mind because we'd love to get you on for the Minnesota Goodbye tomorrow. Send it into Ryan's show at KATIEWBT dot common. As always, Secretary Brie shout out. She will send you a staff writer sticker if you include your mailing address, that'll do it. We'll see you next time on the and Anesota Goodbye