Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped up.
Speaker 2: You need advice, so you don't.
Speaker 1: Have come running suspass as we can. Shooter's gonna help come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: Now Tom Martino, Hello.
Speaker 2: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. We as you know if you've been tuning in. This is the longest running radio show in America with the same host still on the air, and I would say one of the most productive shows when it comes to actually making a difference.
Speaker 4: Now what do I mean by that. I mean there are a lot.
Speaker 2: Of great shows out there. Most of them, let's face it, their politics and they want to convince you or get you to their side. What I want to do is help you not be ripped off.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: Three oh three seven to one three talk three seven one three A two five five. You can get right through. You can also call three oh three Martino twenty four to seven three oh three six two seven eight four six six. Now that number is cool because when we're not here, it goes to our office, our voicemail. If you leave a message, we will call you back. So there's no excuse not to get on the air. If you have a problem, a question or complaint. Now you may have heard some things in the newsday consumer related. We have a bunch of things to talk about. First of all, I did get a bunch of texts from Eric from yesterday, the guy who claims somebody called them a racist. I'm going to go over that briefly in a minute.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 2: We also have some consumer trends going on that I want to get to. One of the consumer problems from yesterday. Really, after I looked at it, Mark, it really bothered me.
Speaker 6: We're talking to ours a lot of them.
Speaker 2: Mark this one with David, the Florida photographer who rented a car out at DIA and then was sent I did an envoyed this morning. By the way, I looked at those photos and then I talked to people about it, and every one of them said, this is normal road rash. How do you target all of those little dings to one person who rented a car. It's not damaged like he dented or even hail damage or we're I.
Speaker 4: Mean they're all over, they're scattered all over the car.
Speaker 2: Virtually impossible to nail on one user one time. And I think there's more to it, and this guy's got to really take some action, because the more I look at it, I'm thinking, even as a social post, they're tiny, tiny little spots when you go and rent a car. I've done this, and even with loaner cars, at vehicles they have told me, hey, don't worry about that. We don't look at normal nicks and stuff. We look at like damage, okay, or a dent maybe bigger than a quarter. They would tell me, I look at I've never been dinged for little things like this. What was the name of the company. I think it was a new company that he had rented from, and I never heard of the company before, but it was a weird name, some company that I've never heard from. Heard about that. He didn't put it in his email. But I want to revisit this because it is a problem that really bothered me. Now another thing today you've heard and you'll hear in the news that in Colorado there is a revised lemon law taking effect or revisions in the current lemon law. Here's the problem. Even though it's revised, the lemon law has absolutely no teeth. People think if they have a lemon by law that you have to take the car back. If you're a dealer, or give a refund. Not true at all. In Colorado, a lemon law simply defines a lemon, and there have been changes made to that law that will go over. One of the main things is it used to be the first year or twelve thousand miles or the warranty period, whichever is shorter. Now it expands the time to twenty four thousand miles or two years. But I haven't read the exact text, so I'm not sure if they go beyond the normal warranty period.
Speaker 4: I think they.
Speaker 2: Do, but we'll have to see. Also, it used to be that if you lost the use of your vehicle for thirty days, it was considered a lemon.
Speaker 4: Now it's down to twenty four days.
Speaker 2: Not such a big deal, but it's twenty four days, but still it's not automatic. Next, you used to have to give them four chances to fix the car, and it had to be a substantial complaint for driveability and marketability. Now it's three. You have to give them three chances, no longer four. They used to say three times, but it's not. It was four because you had to take it back for the fourth time. So now it's three times. If they can't fix it on the third attempt, it is legally element Now it's two attempts for something called safety based conformity. What is a safety based conformity? Again, the law doesn't get too detailed. This law is a good attempt at helping people in the very beginning.
Speaker 4: I was a pusher of this law way.
Speaker 2: Back before they had one in Colorado, but it never really had teeth. I think they should have, you know, some kind of enforcement where they go to a dealer and try to negotiate a settlement through the dealer licensing.
Speaker 4: Where it's not It really isn't.
Speaker 2: Now it says here current law requires manufacturer to be notified of a defect or given the opportunity to cure the defect. And then the act adds a ten business day limit on the opportunity to cure, so you have to give them. It says it's subject to reasonable repairs, but there's a ten day limit. Also, current law allows a dealer when buying back a vehicle to deduct reasonable allowance for use of the car. Okay, Now, the new law or the revisions actually has a schedule of what is considered reasonable or what is the allowance for use.
Speaker 7: The law.
Speaker 2: Does not affect it. It says, Okay, the law exempts from the Lemon Law vehicles that have a problem that does not affect marketability. Okay, but you can bring up safety concerns. But marketability used to be the big thing. Is this going to affect the value of the car? The Act changes the statute of limitations from an earlier of six months after expiration of a warranty or within a year, and so it goes up to thirty months after the original delivery. It requires the dealer to allow an agent of the purchurer of the purchaser to inspect the vehicle and listen to this, provide a seven day free look period during rich Now this is the biggest thing, during which the purchaser may return the motor vehicle and receive a full refund. Now, this is the part that I find major. If I'm reading this correctly, the new Lemon law says, must allow an agent of a purchaser to inspect a motor vehicle or listen to this provide a seven day free look. In other words, if you don't let someone inspect the vehicle, they get seven days.
Speaker 4: In which they can return.
Speaker 2: The vehicle for a full refund.
Speaker 4: Now you must inform the.
Speaker 2: Purchaser of their inspection right to make the inspect So if the dealer, a dealer has to say you have a right to have this car inspected by an independent expert. If they don't give you that right, you have a seven day free look. Think about that.
Speaker 4: Now, there are a lot of other things.
Speaker 2: But again this was approved and it went into effect, or it goes into effect today.
Speaker 4: The problem is, here's the problem.
Speaker 2: It's nothing is automatic about it now, this seven day look. And another thing, it's new vehicles. Okay, so I don't believe you can take a used vehicle and say I get a seven day free look. Everything I'm reading says new vehicle. But if you have any questions on this, we can go through it. And that brings up another topic. Why are making people angry? New cars have what's called an anger indexed And it was developed by these lawyers, not in Denver, but these lawyers who took together all of the ratings and came up with what they called an anger indexed of cars. Not necessarily based on how long they've lost it or how long they were without it, or how much they love it. It's how much they how angry they get over these vehicles based on dealers, driveability, service, maintenance parts, and we'll go over some of that. Okay, If you have any calls, problems, questions, complaints like Jackie she has a friend with an issue with the landlord. Will take that coming up. I'm Tom Martino three zero three seven one three talk. This hour brought to you by water Pros to get the best water systems at the lowest prices ever. That's Waterpros dot Net three o three eight six two five five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 7: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 2: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, three oh three seven one three Talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five, eight eight eight Heating dot Com. Will gladly take a look at your air conditioner. Now, we have a lot of hot weather left, and we have a lot of cold weather coming, and you can try these people. They're good people I've known for years. Three h three seven seven zero two seven seven six eight eight eight heating dot Com. Okay, Jackie has a friend has a problem with a landlord, or a friend has a problem with the landlord, Jackie.
Speaker 4: Shoot, what's happened in Jackie?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 9: Good morning?
Speaker 10: Hi?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Jackie?
Speaker 9: Yep, my friend Sally's landlord is charging her a two hundred dollars reletting. See. Now that that reletting see is in her lease, and so I don't know if her reletting usually means that they've broken the leaf. She did not do that. She fulfilled the leaf until May thirty first, but it's part of the contract. So I don't know if it's a LEAs.
Speaker 4: Okay, what that means is this? What that means is this?
Speaker 2: If she's renewing, they it's a renewal fee. Basically they're allowed to do it. If it's specified in the lease, they can't do it. Just Willie it has to be in the lease, because that would be considered getting around the just cause. In other words, if let's say somebody wanted to end the lease. Nowadays, you can't just end the lease. You have to have a reason, and if it's not good enough, a tenant can take a landlord to court and actually.
Speaker 4: Renew the lease.
Speaker 2: So here's the deal. If that lease is up and there's a two hundred dollars fee specified, they can charge it. They can't change it, they can't raise it, they can't make it punitive, but they can charge it. And it doesn't mean just when you break a lease. It is what a landlord considers a renewal fee. And they're they're they're they're very common.
Speaker 9: Okay, she's not renewing, and she didn't get out of it early. She fulfilled the term of her lease.
Speaker 2: Oh well, okay, they can't wait a minute. Wait a minute, Well, I'm sorry, maybe I'm misunderstood. You are you telling me she's leaving under normal circumstances at the end of the lease and they want to charge her two hundred bucks.
Speaker 9: That's correct.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute. In the lease they wait, but bye bye. Hold on, So even though she's ending the lease, it says when you leave, we're going to charge you to release this to someone else. Answer what I mean? That may be in the lease, but it sounds to me and I'm not. I'm not giving you legal advice, but something called unconscionable. And that's just a principle used many times in the law where even though you agreed to something, it's weird and sometimes won't be enforced. But mate, we do you have the lease in front of you.
Speaker 9: I don't have it in front of me.
Speaker 2: Can you get us? Can I mark this pending? Can you get us a copy?
Speaker 4: I want to have our real estate attorney go over it.
Speaker 11: Sure.
Speaker 2: I just can't believe that. So she's leaving and she's not late, she's not cutting short, she's just leaving and he's taking that out of her security deposit.
Speaker 9: That's correct?
Speaker 2: Wow? Okay, I mean geez, I need to see how it's worded and we'll get Brad. Oh wait, is he on right now? Okay?
Speaker 10: Is he on?
Speaker 6: Mark?
Speaker 4: Thanks? See Marks? Mark's on top of this thing.
Speaker 2: Mark.
Speaker 4: Did you get Brad on?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He's on, man, Thank you. You know what, Brad, we don't have the lease in front of us. But I've heard of renewal fees, Brad. In a lease.
Speaker 4: For example, I have a year's lease.
Speaker 2: At the end of it, if I decide to renew, they charge me a renewal fee and they do some paperwork maybe or whatever. But it's specified in the lease, and I've always thought, Okay, I've seen those before.
Speaker 4: This one's a little different.
Speaker 2: Jackie says that her friend is being charged a two hundred dollars reletting fee, but she's leaving. She's fulfilled the terms of the lease completely. She's not getting out early. She's never been late. She's just terminating her lease and the landlord's taking back the apartment.
Speaker 4: It's just a normal end of lease situation.
Speaker 2: But the landlord is taking two hundred dollars out of the security deposit to release it to someone else. Does that sound weird to you? It is in the lease, right, Jackie, that's correct. Now, how do you know it's in the least Did you read it or did she tell you that? She told me that, Brad, Have you ever heard of this before? Just a it's just like a you know, it's kind of like an end of lisea on a car. They have all kinds of fees they charge people. Can they just do that since they put it in the lease?
Speaker 4: Can they do that?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 12: The colt of law has changed just recently that were they're prohibiting landlord fees on not renewing, so that this should be.
Speaker 2: Avoid Oh really, okay, that's good to know. Brad.
Speaker 4: When did that law go into effect?
Speaker 12: I'm trying to put my finger on it right here my computer. I'm not at the moment, so, oh no, that's okay.
Speaker 2: But but so would that go retroactive, like if this lease was signed, let's say a year before that law went into effect. It when it when it ends is when it takes precedent.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think as soon as the law passed and land lage could no longer charge the fee. Now it's separate from if there was like a cleaning fee that's in there for the end of the term. Okay, that would that would be fine?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it depends on how it's worded, Jackie. That's why I said we need to see it. But if it's simply a non renewal fee or a reletting fee or some kind of fee, Brad is indicating that may not that may be void by the new law. Did the landlord actually take the money out yet?
Speaker 9: Yes, they have just shut the reconciliation.
Speaker 2: Oh did they take.
Speaker 4: Anything else out of her security deposit?
Speaker 9: They took several other things out that we will be challenging him with.
Speaker 8: With a letter.
Speaker 2: Well, this is one you challenge as well, and I would cite the law. Do you have the CRS Brad by any chance the Colorado revised atue?
Speaker 12: No, I'm looking it up.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna come, Jackie. If you keep listening. You don't have to hang on the line, but keep listening. Brad'll get us that CRS number and then we can put it out to you. I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up. This is good information. Brad O'Brien is a real estate attorney, of course, that we use all the time for real estate matters. O lslaw dot com three seven two zero three seven zero seventy three eighty eight. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 7: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 2: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out Now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Genesis Tootalexteriors dot Com. New Aligned siding is a composite plastic siding and resins, and it's practically indestructible and there's no off charge. If you're going to do an insurance repair, he can put that on instead of that old ugly final Genesis tootalexteriors dot Com. All right, So Brad O'Brien, our real estate expert and attorney, he said, there's some changes in the law. By the way, there have been a lot of changes to favor renters, and I say some of them are pretty good. There was a there we needed a change over the years. Some landlords might argue it goes too far, but there is a provision here not to have junk fees at the end of a lease, such as just I don't even know what they're classifying this fee as. But Brad, did you look it up? Did you find the Is he still on mark?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 2: Brad dropped off. Oh I'm sorry he did. He was going to get us a Colorado Revised Statute number if he can.
Speaker 13: But in essence, she's emailing me the lease right now to help. I'm going to send it over to him. Okay, I'm going to get him both back up.
Speaker 2: Oh good, thanks, Yeah, a reletting fee of some kind.
Speaker 4: And speaking of.
Speaker 2: Legislation, as I said, I just got another text.
Speaker 4: Tom.
Speaker 2: You know this is going too far and we're becoming a nanny state. You know, I go back and forth. I am a consumer advocate. I want, I really want to help consumers, but I also don't want to hurt business. But I want reasonable I believe in reasonable laws that help consumers not to be taken advantage of. And from years and years and years, we have to admit, in my opinion, based on my calls on this show, many many people have been taken advantage of, many people, and there were no, for example, standards of habitability. You could rent out any piece of garbage and they didn't have to have any standard for habitability, not running water, not heat, not air, not safety, not security, nothing. Mark and I came across a situation one time where one person complained about something and Mark went out there to look at some rentals. And this guy was literally renting out a couple storage sheds, a basement, and a barn, and one of them was maybe even a lean to. The one person that was complaining wanted to show Mark this stuff and it was in a yard somewhere.
Speaker 4: I think it was.
Speaker 13: No, this is way worse than you're thinking. Man, If you want me to recap real quick, I will, yeah, go ahead. So it was down the road from the old Rockies Auto They called up because there was a horrible smell. It was like a trailer park, but I've never seen anything like it. This trailer park was made up of sheds. They took one single wide trailer and turned it into like a condo where they had three or four different people living with partitions made out of particle board. But the craziest part of it, if all that isn't crazy enough, there was some dude living in like a topper of a pickup, not in the back of a pickup, but just the topper and there were three dead bodies fished out of there within a week of me going out and checking it out. So it was the worst thing I've ever seen. They didn't even have water in most units, so they would be carrying around, you know, bottled water from the hose. But keep going now, Okay, So.
Speaker 2: You know, Mark did a video on it and we talked about it, and most of the residents there were upset with us because they didn't want the city was going to shut them down. Yeah, and so that wasn't our intention. But they didn't care about the habitability standards because they said, there is nowhere in the world they can afford to rent. So they actually, in a weird way, were thankful for this garbage that they lived in. Right, Mark, They were kind of they didn't want to be shut down. They just the odor was bad, but the case it's but they were not but they were not complaining about their living But they were not complaining. Were they about about their rent and their place they were living in though. That's what's weird about it, you know, they they weren't actually upset with the landlord because they said it's either this or nothing, and.
Speaker 4: That's what was weird.
Speaker 2: About it. So wow. Crazy. So that's the point is that, you know, habitability standards. Of course, everyone says we should have some habitability standards.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, when.
Speaker 2: You look at you know what that.
Speaker 4: Means to some people.
Speaker 2: It means they can't find a place to live because rents are outrageous in Denver. In fact, if you look at surveys, rents and Denver have gone up way faster than other parts of the count and people can't afford to live here. I mean they're going way on the outskirts.
Speaker 4: Even that. Even there, the rents are a lot.
Speaker 2: I mean, even if you went to Parker, I mean it used to be you could get a break. It's expensive as hell. I have Brent Ivenson with me. Form mydeal home loans. I'm going to go to a wide shot here. We are streaming now, right Mark. I think some YouTubers are complaining we're on YouTube and Facebook.
Speaker 4: Okay, anyway, here's the deal, Brent.
Speaker 2: Non owner occupied loans are they way down up the same? What are they?
Speaker 14: You know, we're still seeing a pretty significant demand for non owner occupied properties.
Speaker 6: A lot of people out there are good.
Speaker 4: So there are loans for those.
Speaker 14: Yeah, for sure, absolutely, you know, and there's and there are some creative loans out there, solutions that we have now that will allow you to qualify based on the cash flow of the property you're buying, not necessarily your qualification. So there are some products in the marketplace that are helping people amass properties.
Speaker 6: And you know, there are.
Speaker 2: Options that you've done. They hover above the market rate. What do they hover above? A point above normal point.
Speaker 6: A half probably for that particular product.
Speaker 2: So I'm surprised that there's still a lot of demand for that because I thought people were kind of getting out of that business.
Speaker 6: But now we're still seeing it.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 14: Again, it's like you just mentioned. Look, rents are outrageous in Denver, Colorado. I mean, it is expensive to rent anything, and so people buying property are able to turn a profit even at these higher interest rates.
Speaker 2: Just so you're saying, even though it's a pain in the ass being a landlord, the rate of return is there.
Speaker 6: That's right, exactly.
Speaker 13: Hey, brit how do you think the weak job report is going to do well?
Speaker 14: So we saw a big move with interest rates Monday, right out of the gate lower. We saw rates actually improved by almost a quarter or three eights of a percent, But we've given some of that back already this morning. So we saw rates hit six and a half percent thirty year fixed on Monday and we're back at six point eight seven five today, So it's kind of moderated back.
Speaker 6: So tribute to that.
Speaker 13: Why the understand the bad jobs report brought it down, but why did.
Speaker 14: It pop Well, it popped down just because again they think the Fed's going to make this move in September, but then it popped back up. Looking at it, going hey, maybe this is a little bit of an overreaction, probably more people trying to cover positions that they have in the bond market than anything else.
Speaker 6: Mark, I agree.
Speaker 2: So anyway, what we have is a situation where loans will are higher than not ever, but higher than they've been in a long time. What I'm going to ask Brent later on here is what is expected. There is a good side to that, though, Tom, and what is that?
Speaker 13: Well, the good side is if people are parking cash right now, you can make in certain accounts like Schwab has five to six percent, where that money's liquid all the time and you're constantly making it.
Speaker 2: That's pretty incredible. With zero risk, You're absolutely right, Mark absolutely okay, We got more coming up.
Speaker 4: Three oh three seven one three A two five five.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. I want to remind people we do have two places to text me. One is the official iHeart texting number. You put Tom in there and it'll get to me five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 4: You can tech.
Speaker 2: Directly to my Google number as well, so the short code for iHeart five seven seven three nine if you want to text my Google number with any information at all, and that will take photos and things that the iHeart one won't seven four seven two eighty seven four seven fifty two eighty.
Speaker 4: And I am getting.
Speaker 2: Texts from the caller yesterday, Eric that I'm going to recap, not write this minute, but I will recap it because he's got a lot more to say. And then, of course I want to tell you about this rental car problem and get David back on if we can. We we got to fight this somehow, and we got to warn you about this rental car company. It's unreasonable to be charged for these little tiny nicks in d that this guy was. I think he was charged thirteen sixteen hundred whatever, and it's regular road rash. There's no way that this wasn't on the car or that it didn't accumulate. To put it all on his bill is ridiculous, and you got to be very very careful about that.
Speaker 4: And I got to get the name of the company.
Speaker 2: I did not write it down, unfortunately, and because I want to warn people about it.
Speaker 4: So we're going to get him back on Mark.
Speaker 2: I think we should get him because it's just ridiculous. And so let's see, yeah, David, and did he say wait, wait, oh yeah, yeah. The name of the company was sixth sixt, and I do believe there's one right here in Colorado sixth si XT. Perhaps we put a deputy on this to talk about it and to talk to them, Deputy deputy doc is in doc, you want to just find some people it's sixed and just asked them in general their policy and maybe they can talk about it a little, because I think it's just outrageous. I mean, look at we all have. We've all rented cars right now. They went through this car with a magnifying glass, and it seems like we would all be charged a bunch of money if that happened to us.
Speaker 4: It's not a good thing, all right.
Speaker 2: On another topic that I find is really important, the anger index for cars. We talked about how the Lemon Law is changing for cars, okay, and what we really need to do is get to the text of it because here's why, because it is a major change in the Lemon law. And this seven day free look on a new car is amazing.
Speaker 4: If they don't let.
Speaker 2: You have it checked out or advise you of it, they must give you a seven day free look.
Speaker 4: But that is not for that is not for a used car. So keep that in mind.
Speaker 2: Now on the anger index for cars? What do you think makes people angry? Well, there's an anger index rating and it's the ones with the highest percentage of angry buyers.
Speaker 4: Do you find isn't that weird?
Speaker 6: Huh?
Speaker 4: Really so?
Speaker 2: The number one anger index car. If you had to guess, I mean just a wild guest. You have a wild guest, just a wild guest print? Do you have a wild guest? The number one indexed rating for anger on a car Land Rover?
Speaker 4: Oh you know what?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 4: That to me would have been one for sure.
Speaker 2: But it isn't. But why do you say that? Do you have one?
Speaker 4: Were you the were you unfortunate enough to ever?
Speaker 6: No? I just know people who have had them have a lot of luck with my god.
Speaker 2: Okay nine, huh jeep, Nope, it's the This is shocking to me. Mark, I'll bet you you find this a little surprising. Ninety nine point three percent index of angry customers Kia Sedona not all kids the Sedona.
Speaker 6: I owned one of those years ago.
Speaker 2: Was there anything wrong with it back then?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 2: My wife couldn't stand driving a mini van. Do you think it just maybe that's what it is. It's the hormonal thing with middle ages was horrible.
Speaker 13: Man Addie was born, we already had miles. We had to get a bigger car. So I go out. I surprise her with a brand new Kia Sedona. You could hit a button and the door would open.
Speaker 6: All that kind of crap.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, worst worst gift I ever bought. Wait, wait, it couldn't have been worse than the frying pan you bought her for mother's sake.
Speaker 6: The pans man.
Speaker 2: See Mark is the worst gift giver in the world. A minivan, frying panfa oh, a vacuum one time he buys her of that, guys, And I'm not kidding he bought her of it.
Speaker 4: Might have been for Valentine's Day.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not sure, but anyway, that's the number one anger index. Get your calls in seriously three oh three, seven to one three Talker call three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Please time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 7: Dum news.
Speaker 2: So you don't have.
Speaker 1: Come running, Just as as we can, Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 3: Six is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 2: Tom Martino, You're a troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We're here to help you solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, make life just a little easier. We have Brent Ivanson with us from Ideal Home Loans for your next Ideal Home Loan three oh three eight six seven seven thousand. Let's go to the phones. By the way, there's a lot happening in the mortgage business.
Speaker 7: We'll go over.
Speaker 4: There's a lot happening.
Speaker 2: Also on the show, we mentioned six six t Rental cars, bad ratings, bad reviews, and man, I can see why they are pissing people off. And uh, I'm getting a lot of texts about people who had bad experiences. We had a guy called yesterday who had a bad experience one.
Speaker 4: He wants to weigh in on it.
Speaker 11: One.
Speaker 4: What is your comment?
Speaker 2: David called in yesterday. He said, when he brought the car back, he took a he took a he's in Florida. He took a road trip to Houston. He rented a car from sixth he said. Then he took the car back and was charged some ridiculous amount for bodywork. And they're based on little nicks, based on a normal, normal use. I mean, in fact, I don't know how you trace it to one car or to one rental cycle.
Speaker 4: What do you have to say, one, Hey.
Speaker 16: We've got a bingo with that one right there. This is exactly what I right there? How do they trace it? So we rented many cars all over, just like everybody has. And you get really used to taking pictures of everything all the time. Okay, So we had pictures, We looked at everything. Everything looked great. About a month or a little bit more than a month later, after we returned the car in Phoenix Airport, we got a letter with pictures of damage on the bottom. Same kind of aggress stuff that you were looking at. Now, I wondered how many times they've rented that car to somebody else in the class, right, you know, so of course, you know, you sit here and you know the kids say fight it, Dad, fight it and all that, you know, and you know, sometimes you just bite the bullet, pay the three hundred bucks to put.
Speaker 5: It behind you and be done with it.
Speaker 11: That's what I did.
Speaker 17: I didn't.
Speaker 16: I just thought, well, maybe we went over a curb or maybe something, you know. I started to believe. And then I heard your show yesterday or today talking about it, and I said, yeah, these guys are they're hurting people.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 2: Thank you for thank you for letting us know. Wan, thank you very much, because I think that this is happening all over the country. Now, by the way, they do have a location here, Deputy Doc, you should call over there. They have a location in Cherry Creek on First Avenue, three thousand East, First Avenue. I'm seeing here a car rental at Denver Cherry Creek. And anyway, what do they mean by you know, thirteen dollars in damages? Come on, is Brian on is that? Did he hang up? No? He dropped?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So Anyway, the point is this, if you rent a car and they tell you to go around and look at damages, we obviously look at damages in a different way than they do. I mean, I've been told when I rented cars before, and this even includes loaners at dealerships, don't bother with the tiny knicks and dings. We are only looking at stuff bigger than a quarter for dance and for dings more than bigger than a dime. And they they would say, don't worry about that, don't worry about that. And I've never been charged. But apparently this is happening with six sixt all over the country, and it's earned them some pretty damn bad reviews.
Speaker 4: I mean, people do not like these people.
Speaker 2: And you know, reviews are important because you can't fake. You can only fake a certain number. You can't fake that many. But they have a real strong presence on YouTube and they're doing a real strong digital presence and social media and all of that. But consumers are finding really bad I mean, let's put it this way, one and two stars. All the ones I'm finding one and two stars, and that's car rental. And then they have your credit cards, so they don't ask permission. They just go ahead and charge you. So again, you can text me we have one here and oh oh Shannon, you know shennon.
Speaker 6: Real quick though.
Speaker 13: On car rentals, the one thing people should really remember there's certain credit cards. Capital Ones has numerous different ones AMX. They would have covered all that damage regardless of how it got there.
Speaker 2: They they would they wouldn't dispute it.
Speaker 13: Well, if they did, Let's put it this way, if they lost the dispute, they would pay it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So have you ever used you know, I hear this about credit cards. When you use your credit card, especially that cap one, how do you put an acclaim for that? I mean do they literally just come in and pay? Have you have you ever used them for that? I've never used them.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 13: I ran into a cement barrier and uh well, I didn't run into it. I was backing up in this lane and I backed up incorrectly, and I scraped a hell out of a rental car, probably about five grand in damage. And I called up Capital One. It's the first time I ever did this. This happened last year, and I took some pictures. I did this and that and bam, they cut a check to the rental car company about four months later for like five grand or whatever it was. Did you ever get popped for lack of use? I mean no, I never got pop for anything. It covered the Capitol one covered the Lackey use or yeah.
Speaker 2: Lack of use, okay, or the Lackey use in your case. Right, Hey, Tom, if you go.
Speaker 18: To sixth dot com, they say they have enormous amount of five out of five positive reviews.
Speaker 2: That's on their own website.
Speaker 4: Yeah, try to find them online. They're not.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I see right now, I'm in there with you. Was saying that they're really a high end right Brent.
Speaker 6: Wait, yeah, high end?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, they have beamers and audis. I didn't realize that.
Speaker 18: Yeah, Trip adviser says, quote this rental company is a hairway from being a total scam.
Speaker 7: Whoa think about that?
Speaker 2: I mean, what dichotomy from their own website to what you're actually finding.
Speaker 18: And I told you, Adam about four hundred and ninety reviews. Four hundred and sixty were terrible.
Speaker 2: Wow, Well beware people, sixth. This may earn a place on the sleeves brigade, but I want to try to get a comment.
Speaker 4: Mike's got a comment. Go ahead, Mike, What is your comment?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 11: Hey Tom, this wasn't the rental car company that you're talking about. But yeah, in the middle of COVID, I had a truck repaired at an autobody shop and they insurance company got me a rental and there was a gentleman in his early seventies sitting there and he said, look the car over real well before you take it? What happened to him? Him and his wife rented a car in Vegas and took it back, and the next week he got a notice from the rental car company that they were going to charge him thousands of dollars for undercarriage damage. Apparently somebody had run this car through the desert and they were pitting him on it and they found it because of it was time for routine maintenance.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 11: You know he challenged it. But how do you prove you didn't do something? And this guy was old enough I would swear to God that he had never been off road in his wife.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know what to do about it. I mean, I guess you avoid them. You avoid them, You're right, How do you prove you didn't do something. We've had this once before, years ago here in Denver. What happened was we demanded through a lawsuit previous rental records through discovery and found that they repeated this charge. So that's how we did it, and this place went out of business. It literally went out of business. But you can't do that every time you get charged, right, because it's a lot of money.
Speaker 4: So, Man, I really think that you're you're at the mercy of the company. You really are.
Speaker 2: But as Mark said, if you have a credit card that covers this, don't fight it.
Speaker 4: Let them fight it.
Speaker 2: If they're charging you for this damage, take them up at their word and see if it really works. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three A two five five.
Speaker 4: Mark, you sent me pictures.
Speaker 2: They're not being opened when I oh wait wait wait sorry below they are, Okay, I'm sorry, you sent me the actual photos.
Speaker 13: Hey, So this woman after this break, man, Mandy's on the line. She used to work at sixth Car Rental.
Speaker 2: Oh, we'll talk about that, and then we'll also talk about this Mazda from Springs Automotive.
Speaker 4: Right after this.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two U three all three seven on three Talk seven on three eight twenty five five. We're talking about six si xt All Caps sixth a car rental agency that hit a nerve. I'm getting texts from all over the country. People say they suck and they charge for damages that were there time and time again.
Speaker 4: Mandy said she worked there. Mandy, what do you know about sex?
Speaker 19: I work there in this past January. And the people that they is a staffing agency to you know, use the people that check in the cars, the cars everything, and there was a most of their employees. Yeah, people would bring the cars back.
Speaker 6: Yeah they would.
Speaker 19: Let's say somebody had a slight attitude if they were late for their plane, or if they parked the car in a spot that the person they didn't pull up far enough for the person checking in the car. Yeah, one in particularly, but it was more than just her would just start making up as much things about the vehicle, like saying, oh, this car smells like smoke this car and just like picking every single thing and trying their hardest and literally say ooh, I'm going to get them to have to pay a bad bill. I didn't like the way that their attitude was or something.
Speaker 2: How were the how are the managers though the bosses? Would they go along?
Speaker 10: Come ever?
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 19: There were never any managers. It was a supervisor that and the supervisor that I had, yeah, actually went into Uh a person left their GPS, like a really expensive GPS in the vehicle, and then he got in to like check the car and do you know the end of the state when they bring it back check.
Speaker 10: He actually took the GPS and put it in the his.
Speaker 19: Stuff to take to still it. And the guy came back to get the GPS.
Speaker 10: And he just acted like.
Speaker 4: Like he didn't know where it went.
Speaker 2: Did she just disappear? Okay, we lost her. Wow, we're not we're not hearing good stuff. Kathleen's on the on the air. She wants to talk about advertising. Kathleen, I'm Tom Martine. What's going on, Kathleen? Three all three seven to one three talk is our number. You can also call three oh three Martino twenty four to seven and right now, Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Kathleen?
Speaker 20: We are receiving many calls I'd say six a day now, for easily a week about were you in a car accident two years ago?
Speaker 3: We want to refer you.
Speaker 20: And they're all local numbers, not ever the same number.
Speaker 2: Really, and but may I ask you? Have you been in an accident?
Speaker 20: Well, it's been many years ago. In his truck was totaled, so he was able to have a total or transferred and eventually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well apparently they know that, right apparently, But why are you getting them now? I wonder if it happened. How many years ago did it happen?
Speaker 20: I think it's been three. But why are people calling? And we just he makes up these stories. Yeah, four people were killed and then they didn't know what to do with the truck, and then they and then they hang.
Speaker 2: Up and yeah, yeah, that's terrible. It's terrible that they're calling you. I wonder how that happened. Why what? Yeah, we know what.
Speaker 4: That's a great idea.
Speaker 2: Again, even though Mark doesn't know anything about music, he does have good ideas about the show. Mark. Let's let's call John Fuller. I think that's a great idea.
Speaker 11: I do.
Speaker 2: I think it's a great idea. And we'll call him. I want to ask him his opinion on that. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. We have a question for brent ivans and ideal home loans. Brent, so if they refinance and you you advertise refinancing, if the rates go down, so they want to know really, and again I want to know.
Speaker 4: So if I refinance, say whatever it is.
Speaker 6: What is it let's say six eight seven, five?
Speaker 2: What does that have to go down to for you to retake another look at it?
Speaker 6: It just has to make sense for you to save money.
Speaker 2: Okay, So do you call me or do I have to monitor?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 4: And I don't expect by the way.
Speaker 6: No, no, we monitor it.
Speaker 2: Will you monitor every loan you've done?
Speaker 6: We'll reach out. We have an analytic Oh see.
Speaker 2: You have an automatic that's a cool system. And you say, hey, you recently did a loan, we can do it again.
Speaker 4: We can do it again, and it doesn't you don't charge.
Speaker 2: Them for it.
Speaker 6: No, no lender fees once.
Speaker 14: Once you've done alone with us, you won't pay lender fees ever again on any loan that you pay.
Speaker 4: Ever, you just pay the normal prepaigsy, just.
Speaker 6: Pay your normal prepage.
Speaker 2: And I thought it was a two year deal. You're saying it's infinite.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what I thought. Yep, it's infinite.
Speaker 2: So they extended it marked to lifetime.
Speaker 13: Once you're a customer, you're always a ca If I did a loan right now to pay off credit card did and it was seven percent seven and a half.
Speaker 2: Then a year later rate you're down to five. You're going to refie me for free.
Speaker 6: Yep, that's right.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, when we say the normal prepage, you got to do your escros and all that.
Speaker 14: Escros title about, but you're not gonna there will be no no points, yep, no lender fees from Ideal Home loans.
Speaker 6: I don't know anybody doing that right.
Speaker 14: Well, the reason we did that mark too is that, look, we also have clients like think about this. Okay, everybody's situation changes. Okay, So and this is where we came up with evolved by ideal. Hey, maybe you need a smaller house, maybe you need a bigger house. Maybe you're going to buy a second home. Maybe you're gonna buy an. Is your system change or is your circumstances change, your loan can change with you. I got a loan, I got a technical question.
Speaker 2: Okay, So if I'm a customer of yours and then I buy another property, though it doesn't apply to new loans, loan, come on, wait a minute.
Speaker 4: So if I and I'm not I'm not trying to trick you, and I really mean this.
Speaker 2: So if I buy a house with you, and I I finance this house with you, and then I go out and find a rental, You're not going to charge me lender fees on that loan.
Speaker 6: Nope, we're not going to charge your lender fees on that loan.
Speaker 2: You're saying, once a customer, you're covered.
Speaker 6: That's right, you're covered.
Speaker 2: Mark. That is like one of the coolest marketing I've never you know, on their commercial I used to say, you know, no lender fees when you REFI but I never said once you're a customer year customer is at the owner of the company, I'd be checking with the owner.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: John Fuller Key is the owner of Fuller Law. John Fuller is our personal injury expert. Seriously, I want to talk to him about something. Hey, John, this woman is getting calls or her husband gets calls over and over again for an accident that happened two years ago, saying have you know have What do they ask, specifically.
Speaker 20: Kathleen, they're asking, I'd like to talk to you about your accident years ago and I can't remember if it was two retreats.
Speaker 2: What do they want to know? I mean, what do they want to know? Did you settle or is it open?
Speaker 4: Do you need help?
Speaker 6: What do they want to know?
Speaker 11: All of that?
Speaker 20: Well, we don't go any further than that.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it, got it, John Fuller. The marketing. I'm all for marketing, But where do they get the information that and why are they getting a flow of calls Two years later?
Speaker 21: Tom and I've gotten these same calls. I think that they're buying data of people that have made property damage claims. So they think if they get somebody who had a car repaired, which typically happens at the beginning of the case that a statistical number of those people will have been injured and maybe, you know, maybe open to hiring an attorney, you know, for the injury case. I personally believe that it's way over the line as far as ethical marketing techniques in Colorado. I have tried every time they have called me, I have tried to get through to the point that they would connect me with the law firm that was responsible. And I've given them every answer you can imagine about how bad my injuries were and all this stuff, and they always seem to ferret me out somehow and they hang up on me. And I've tried it, I guarantee you I've tried it fifteen times and I've never gotten through.
Speaker 15: So I don't know who the law firm is.
Speaker 21: But if I have a frien out who was doing that, I would report them to the bar, because I absolutely think that's an appropriate way.
Speaker 13: You know, you would strange guys as I've had two calls now and berries up online too. But I don't think these people ever were in an accident. So it's like I don't even know where the data comes from.
Speaker 21: Well, and I wasn't either, Mark, but I've I'm you know, I've been involved in hundreds and hundreds of claims with my clients, and I think somehow I wound up on one of those lists. But you know, I can't seem to get through. So if anybody ever gets through and actually gets an appointment with an attorney, call me and let me know who it is. I'd sure love to know.
Speaker 4: Hey, John, do they regulate how you advertise?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 21: Yeah, absolutely, there is absolute, you know, a scrutiny of just about every single thing.
Speaker 2: That that's that whole ambulance chase her deal, right it is.
Speaker 21: I mean, you can advertise till the cows come home in general, but you're not supposed to contact people directly. So sometimes I'll get referrals that basically say, hey, John, you know my cousin got in an accident.
Speaker 15: Here's his phone.
Speaker 6: I'm call him up.
Speaker 21: I really can't do that. Ethical rules don't permit me to solicit business from that person directly. If they call me or they say, hey, please give me a call back, then that's fair game.
Speaker 15: So I think that these.
Speaker 21: People that are advertising by calling these lists, and maybe what they do is they have a third party company that's not the attorney, and they're a referral company, and they found a loophole. But eventually, I promise you they're going to land on some attorney's desk and I don't know who it is, but in my mind, that is over the line as far as what you can ethically do to solicit business in Colorado.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 2: So that's John Fuller, our personal injury expert and attorney at law, and he he's responding to these calls people are getting. Uh, he's at three h three five nine seven forty five hundred. Barry, do you have the same kind of comment?
Speaker 22: Yes, I do. I keep getting these calls, but I also call some other people and it's a local number, and I asked him where are you calling from? They driven to hang up, But that time somebody calls, I will hang on. I actually talked to somebody and find out where's calling from and maybe maybe how they got my number.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't find out, right.
Speaker 22: No, I can, but I haven't heard recently.
Speaker 2: Why don't you try. Anybody listening try and tell us who they connect you with.
Speaker 4: We'd like to know.
Speaker 2: All right, Thank you, Thank you, Berry. You know I get these calls, Hey big boy, are you available? But that's all I get. I don't know where they get my name, Mark, What do you think it's coming from? Mark?
Speaker 4: You got a good sense usually, what do you think?
Speaker 6: I think?
Speaker 2: We'll say it again, ask the question again. You know these calls? Where do you think the data is coming I don't know where the data is coming from.
Speaker 13: But I'm sure some company figured out how to get data of possibly people that have been in accidents. But even more, it might just be a total phishing scheme to anybody that owns a car in a certain state. They get the data, then they just go out fishing, and then they sell the leads to an attorney.
Speaker 2: Now that could be actually that could be not an attorney doing it at all, but then selling the leads afterwards. Hey we got more combination?
Speaker 18: Yeah, everybody, just get an app called hi hi Ya. It's a free screening app and it will significantly reduce the number of junk calls you get Hiya.
Speaker 2: How does it work?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 18: It just it screens a lot of these junk calls from my telephone.
Speaker 2: You know there are all kinds of those. That's an ID blocker. I don't know how it works. Free lose No, I mean, you know, well, sometimes and I'm not saying with this, sometimes you have a lot to lose because what they do is gain access.
Speaker 4: You know, I want to tell you about that.
Speaker 2: I almost install an app out of curiosity and then I actually read. I read the disclaimer and it has to do with making money playing solitaire. Have you ever seen those ads? You know you can make money paying solitaire or playing games on your phone. Oh, they're all over the place. Oh, wait till you hear what. I wait to hear what I discovered about this one. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom, Martine here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: All right, Tyler, what's happening?
Speaker 2: Hi? Tyler?
Speaker 4: Hi, what's going on?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 23: So I'm in the process of selling my landscape company. Yeah, and I just want to trying to make sure that the buyer that it interested is wanting to do it in installments and trying to find a way do they make a contract in some way that sure I get protected?
Speaker 4: Okay, Tyler, I want to ask you a few things.
Speaker 2: Okay, First of all, it's it's damn near impossible to truly be protected when selling an enterprise on install that goes for any business anywhere at any time other than a franchise. Franchises are different. But if you're simply selling, first, I need to ask.
Speaker 4: Some basic questions.
Speaker 2: Okay, what are you actually selling when you said your business? Because in a business you have two main assets too, you have equipment, well actually three equipment inventory, and you have customers.
Speaker 4: But you can't really sell.
Speaker 2: Well, you can sell customers, but you can't guarantee it equipment you can sell. So what are you actually selling?
Speaker 23: So I'm selling some of my some equipment as well as the accounts. So like the clients that since well not able to finish off this season of lawnmowing, was selling the accounts and then this new company can take over existing.
Speaker 2: Okay, now, how many clients do you have?
Speaker 23: Oh, we had about sixty six right now.
Speaker 4: And will those clients stick with the new company? Do you think?
Speaker 2: I mean, are they loyal? How long have you had them?
Speaker 23: It depends. Some we've had for about five years and then others we just got this year. So there's a variety of.
Speaker 2: How long have you had the business?
Speaker 23: Tyler, I want to say seven years?
Speaker 6: Now, Hey, what's the annual revenue? I'm just curious.
Speaker 23: About sixty thousand?
Speaker 6: And how much he asking?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 23: Asking five hundred.
Speaker 2: Oh that's nothing. And this person, this person who's buying it, does not have the sixty five hundred.
Speaker 23: That's what they were saying, and with the session that's happening now and all these excuses that they don't have the money. But also this company that's looking to buy it, it hadn't existing landscape company. They just don't do the lawnmowing side. So they're expanding.
Speaker 13: So that's kind of how we think came I get it valued higher than that if you've had that revenue for seven years.
Speaker 2: That's what I meant. It's almost nothing a payment. I'm sixty five hundred dollars under their circumstance. Ever, right, what I'm thinking is this tyler, the equipment. How much is the equipment really worth in a fire sale?
Speaker 23: About fifteen hundred.
Speaker 2: Okay, I would insist on getting paid for the equipment up front because it's going to be worth nothing once they take it and use it. So I would insist on putting that down plus a reasonable payment on revenue for the rest of this season. Now, the problem is this, Okay, they can have so many reasons, like like, what are they proposing, by the way, as far as attrition, are they saying if they lose customers and they're not going to pay on them? Or what are they actually saying?
Speaker 23: They didn't menagine anything like that. But since we don't have any contracts with that client, it's there's no guarantee that they would stick with this new company once they step in.
Speaker 13: Look, John, you know the different clients you have the address is how long they have been with you? And everything looks good, I'll write you a check for it?
Speaker 10: What Mark?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I know someone I can sell it to. So I mean it's like, yeah, you're you're tyler. I think really, what I'm trying to tell you is you're you're under selling this if it's okay, So but I okay, you know what, Let's take a break, Tom, and then I got you with RPC on they go through buying and selling businesses all the time for their clients.
Speaker 2: Best Retirement Planning Center the Rockies. Good, let's do that.
Speaker 4: I'm Tom Martino. More coming up.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: We'll bring up Jared who with Jared Is with.
Speaker 2: Retirement Planning Center of the Rockies. Are we talking are we talking about? Is it Jared or Jarris?
Speaker 8: Jared is Jared Jarriff, Tom Jeris.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought, Jarris, Okay, because it's Jeneral. I don't know of any Jared Well, I actually do Jaris. Listen, man, the market's like Paris, but with a j got it, you got it? So jarriis. What I'd like to know is when.
Speaker 4: You're selling a business.
Speaker 2: Now he's not retiring, but you you talk to a lot of guys selling a business. How do they normally value a business?
Speaker 8: Depends on the industry, but there's usually a multiplier of either revenue or earnings. So you know, if he's saying this revenue sixty thousand a year, sometimes you can get half or two thirds or even you know one time's that depends on what the earnings is. Though after expenses, I don't know. Tyler. Is Tyler still on the line, Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, Tyler, Tyler. Out of the sixty how much of that do you do you attribute to expenses? Now, when we say expenses, we mean the salary it would take to do those lawns and the cost of fuel and all of that maintenance everything else.
Speaker 23: To be I want to say about like five set of thousand.
Speaker 4: Five to seven thousand, what expenses hold on?
Speaker 24: Yeah, with.
Speaker 23: Having to do maintenance on equipment or buy no, no here here.
Speaker 2: Let me explain this to you. Let me explain this to you. Who does those sixty lawns?
Speaker 23: Me and my two brothers.
Speaker 2: Okay, those sixty lawns take how long to do each lawn?
Speaker 23: Ay abound twenty minutes a.
Speaker 2: Long twenty minutes a lawn. So if we do that times twenty minutes sixty lawns, that's twelve hundred minutes divided by sixty would give you twenty hours to do all of your lawns. Is that correct or does it take longer?
Speaker 23: I would say that's about accurate.
Speaker 2: And then you got to get to and from You got to get to and from those lawns and in between, and you almost have to put another fifty percent factor on for thirty So if you take thirty hours, okay, and because you work a whole week for these lawns, right, so it's about thirty hours for sure.
Speaker 4: So how much is the cost of labor for thirty hours?
Speaker 2: Okay? What is the cost of labor? How much per hour? Do you figure it out?
Speaker 4: Per hour?
Speaker 2: Because I don't think you're getting an accurate view of what you're making thirty hours at how much an hour? If you were going to hire someone, how much would you have to pay them per hour?
Speaker 23: I would probabund twenty an hour.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you're looking at six hundred dollars in labor per week. Okay, right, six hundred per week. Times let's just say, how many weeks a year do you work? Oh, let's see for how many weeks a year for this landscaping?
Speaker 23: Only sixteen weeks?
Speaker 2: Sixteen weeks. So you're looking at ninety six hundred dollars. Let's call it ten grand for labor to have people show up and do this. And if you talk about ten grand for labor, so out of your sixty six, that's fifty six right there, you're down to fifty six thousand. And if you look at equipment depreciation on what you gave me, you're probably down to sixty. And if you look at the cost of fuel, you're probably clearing somewhere around what forty eight grand. I mean is about forty eight Yeah, that sounds now now, do you divide that? Do you do you divide that with your brothers?
Speaker 5: So we have.
Speaker 23: Yeah, we pretty much of divide and I don't pay them by all. We pretty much just split the car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you all split the profit. So how much do you split at the end of the season.
Speaker 23: It's about a but.
Speaker 8: I take.
Speaker 23: They take footy.
Speaker 2: I mean, but how much do you have in the pot that you split up?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 23: About forty thousand.
Speaker 2: Exactly what I thought. Hold on, Jarris will come back to Tyler and Moore on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 7: You don't pay a cent until you're content, leave time for.
Speaker 2: An insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 8: Yeah, rit.
Speaker 6: Need so you don't have.
Speaker 7: Come run anxious as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come man, this is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, he.
Speaker 2: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Gosh, do we have a lot to talk about today, Believe it or not. We have so many different topics, but I always go to the phones first. They take my priority. And we have Brad O'Brien on who is a real estate attorney, real estate law. He does all kinds of stuff and I always recommend people, you know, Brent Evanston with ideal home loans with a state Brent. Very few people, very few people have docs looked over by attorneys anymore. Back East, it's a tradition. Everyone has an attorney review docs. They don't they don't miss. Yeah. So anyway, uh what about that? I mean, why is that? Do you think? Why?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 14: So, I think because the real estate contract here is standardized, so most yeah, feel like Now, I will tell you that when you get into a contract with a new home builder, there is a labyrinth of stuff.
Speaker 6: In every one of those things.
Speaker 2: You should look out.
Speaker 14: You should you should definitely have someone take a look at that and go through it, because they you know, it's kind of anything goes, it's whatever they throw in, you're stuck with.
Speaker 2: So anyway, Brad O'Brien, we lean on a lot for information and this had to do with a lead. And what happened was Sally called and said that our friend was being charged a two hundred dollars reletting fee at the end of the lease. That's not because she's re upping. It's not a renewal fee, but she's leaving. It's the end of the lease. She fulfilled all her obligations and the landlord comes back and says, oh, by the way, you have to pay two hundred dollars And she said for what for for us to relet it to somebody else? And she said, my obligation is over now. Brad O'Brien indicated that even if it's in the lease, there's some new laws that may prohibit certain fees, and we asked them to look at the lease.
Speaker 4: Brad, what did you find?
Speaker 12: Well, after that call, I did receive the lease and looked at it. I did find that statute also and this particular two hundred dollars charge for reletting the reletting fee is not prohibited by the statute.
Speaker 2: Oh, why is it not prohibited? Tell me, tell me would be prohibited and why it's not prohibited.
Speaker 12: Well, this statute, which changed a year ago today thirty CRS thirty eight twelve eight oh one prohibits a provision in your written lease for a fee, your charge for a tenant's failure to provide notice of non renewal of a rental agreement. So it's prohibiting a fee for not giving a notice of non renewal. That's not quite what this reletting fee is. This reletting fee is not explained, but it's not the thing that's prohibited by the statute.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 4: What is that fee? They just say we're going to charge you at the end of the least period.
Speaker 2: That's just it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's a reletting fee.
Speaker 12: Whatever that is. It might have to do with cleaning, might have to do with their admind charges of attorney.
Speaker 2: But because it's in the lease stated that way, then they can charge it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's by contract. It's a written contract signed by both sides. It's it's enforceable and not prohibited by statute.
Speaker 2: But if it says, if it ever said you did not notify us, you're not renewing.
Speaker 4: Therefore there's a penalty that would not be allowed.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 12: You cannot have, in the least something that says you don't give notice of non renewal. Here's a fee that's not allowed any longer.
Speaker 13: What ams if they what ms? If they got this money? I mean what teether in the law does? Does Polish come out and kick the people in their ass or what happens?
Speaker 4: What do you mean by that mark?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 22: Well?
Speaker 13: I mean if a landlord does charge a fee for something they're not allowed to do, it's the ramification.
Speaker 6: Oh the statue.
Speaker 12: If they had a fee that was not allowed by statute, the tenant consume the landlord and get them.
Speaker 13: In some cases, Tom and Tom and Brad, That's exactly where I was going. We're talking about two hundred bucks. So if they take two hundred out of a deposit because they already have the money, Now this person's going to have to go out hire an attorney.
Speaker 2: No small how about small claims cars? How about small claims court?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Maybe so I most people won't do it, though. Yeah, I'm telling you though, Brad, thank you for looking at that. That's too bad. We thought we had him, Sally, But Brad is saying that he believes that this fee is allowed because it's a contractual fee simply called a reletting fee. And he said the only one that would have been prohibited is some kind of penalty for not renewing fee, you know, for not notifying of renewal. So you got to tell your friends, she's out of luck there. But you can still contest other charges they took out of the security deposit if you disagree.
Speaker 4: What are some of those, by the way, you disagree with?
Speaker 25: Well, some of them were some cleaning charges made and also fees for using the fireplace, which I didn't use. I feel pretty confident on fighting those, but this one I just didn't really feel like I understood the law. Yeah, I really appreciate this advice. I certainly wouldn't sign another lease with that charge in it now. And so I've learned a lot. So this is worth a call and the education on this.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Okay, Mark, did did Jaris have to leave on this call for that?
Speaker 6: He did?
Speaker 2: We had a nice little talk over the break. So here's what it comes down to. Okay, let's talk to Tyler. Tyler is twenty two years old. This thing way too undervalued.
Speaker 13: I mean, this thing's probably worth I'd say maybe forty or fifty to the right person. So I wonder if anybody listening right now is interested in buying his basic business.
Speaker 2: Well let me explain this though, let me let me explain this, but he what he's really talking about is a profit, a profit of about forty thousand. No, no, actually it's not.
Speaker 6: Let me say something real quick.
Speaker 13: When I sold my internet company years ago, Mountain Peak Internet, what I did is I went to another company, East Central. In every client that I had, they paid me X amount of dollars for and that's how we did the deal. Way back to mark.
Speaker 2: I didn't sell them equipment. I didn't sell him anything. But may I finish on this doing we're talking. He is saying his numbers aren't making sense because he is saying he makes about sixty thousand gross on this. Okay, Then he said he has about forty to split. Where is that twenty thousand going? I was figuring labor and everything. When I said forty He said that doesn't include labor. He doesn't pay labor, and then he splits up forty grand. His numbers are not making sense. There is no way he is grossing sixty or sixty six thousand on this thing. He said sixty six customers. I'm sorry, and I think he said sixty grand, right.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yes, And here's what I'm saying, though I don't even think you're looking at it correctly from this stance. The person that would buy it is somebody like I'm just using this as an example mister green Jeans, who can come in already has a business doing the same thing, picks up sixty new customers without having to advertise, and gives a guy some money.
Speaker 2: Now, no, that's right, you could do it that way. That's right.
Speaker 7: You buy the.
Speaker 2: Sixty custing it to another twenty two year old. I'm saying, sell what you have, which is a list of people that pay you every month. That's right, that's right, without regard to the gross and the net. Because it's not working, they can do their own. Another landscaping company can say this is what sixty customers mean for me, This is what they mean to me, because his numbers aren't making sense. So Tyler, you know you should get way more than sixty five hundred for sixty six customers. They're giving you, basically what one hundred dollars a customer.
Speaker 6: Action?
Speaker 2: What we I mean one hundred dollars a customer? Come on, man, that's way under value.
Speaker 23: Yeah, because we did a math that it's pretty much two weeks worth of mowing.
Speaker 2: And not only that, but listen to this, Mark. Not only are they offering him one hundred dollars per customer, they're offering him they want to do it in installments. Come on, there's no way he should do that. So how much do you think, Mark, how much do you think you would pay per I mean, you know what, let's call a landscape or let's call l em or let's call mister green jeans, let's call them not that green jeans. And they may not listen, they may not want to buy this company, but what would they pay per customer?
Speaker 4: Technically?
Speaker 2: What do they think?
Speaker 4: Let's get an idea?
Speaker 2: Okay? Three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. We got someone who needs insurance advice coming up and someone with a help with an auto dealership. Plus we have ideal home loans in the house. Three O three seven one three eight two five five. Don't forget water pros can do a water system drinking water, all the drinking water you want without poofas, which are forever chemicals, without any plastics, without any problems, pure drinking water for fourteen hundred dollars and it's the best price you'll ever find.
Speaker 4: Waterpros dot net.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: So, man, we're skipping around so many topics.
Speaker 2: So I got a list.
Speaker 13: So we had someone out there that had an insurance question. Tom Our phones rebooted and I did not have his phone number. So if you're listening, call back in.
Speaker 2: Is that Tim? No?
Speaker 13: Tim, I believe Zara it was the other one, all right, So Tim, what is uh? What do you need for insurance advice.
Speaker 12: Tim Well, I have American Family Insurance and they just keep going up and up.
Speaker 15: They have my home, my automobiles, and they've had it.
Speaker 6: For like thirty years.
Speaker 2: But I'm telling it. We have that free insurance checkup from Compass Insurance Group. And again I want to say something though, all insurance is going up. How many homes do you have?
Speaker 18: Right?
Speaker 8: Just the one?
Speaker 4: And how many cars?
Speaker 8: Three vehicles?
Speaker 4: And do you have any teenage drivers?
Speaker 22: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, just so he had three?
Speaker 2: Three cars, you and your wife and a home. What's your homeworth about.
Speaker 6: Two fifty?
Speaker 4: What are you paying a year now on home and auto altogether?
Speaker 2: One lump? Well?
Speaker 4: How much you pain?
Speaker 15: Well, my homeowners was three eighty a month.
Speaker 2: M hm wow wow?
Speaker 6: And and what do you think of progressive?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's talk to Brian Burns's Compass Insurance Group. Brian, Brian, insurance is going up. I mean I want to ask you something on and off topic here, not off topic. It's on the topic, but not on his particular question. But I want you to answer his question on the insurance checkups you're doing. Where you look at the DEXs page, the declarations page of people. It used to be about eighty five percent at the time you can find better coverage, less money or better coverage or whatever, you can improve them about eighty five percent. Has that stayed about the same or are you finding that now? It's even you know that the whole industry is less competitive.
Speaker 17: Yeah, would say it's less than that now, only from the standpoint I would say that that whenever someone's been with a carrier for a while, like this gentleman, I don't know what his deductible is. He might have a thousand deductible new business. Now, it's really hard to find a carrier that will offer a deductible that low. So when we're talking to people, usually their primary purpose is, man, my rates doubled. Can you look at this? And you know, a lot of times we can find a better option as far as price is concerned, but it also might require a higher deductible because companies, I only have one company that leave and offer a thousand deductible now. I used to have ten that would do that. Now it's down to one. So it's just, you know, you just have to explain it to them. And some people want to take on that additional risk and save the money, and some don't.
Speaker 2: Now what you should not be asking, Tim, Although you ask what do you think about this company or that company?
Speaker 4: Or this company or that company?
Speaker 2: What you should do is get a quote with an array of companies and then look at the positives and negatives for each one. But to your question about Progressive, they're a good company, right, Brian.
Speaker 17: Yeah, No, I like Progressive Progressive. I just got a memo from them that they're pausing writing homeowners insurance in the state of Colorado and November goods, so I believe it starts August seventeenth, that they won't even take new business. When they do, they're going to require it.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, man, we are at we are at a precipice right now. I believe that we're going to have an insurance crisis. That's what I believe.
Speaker 4: I really know.
Speaker 17: I mean, yeah, I was just talking to Mark, and I'm hoping that we'll see this market turnaround a bit. But the fact that we have what three fires going right now isn't going to really, you know, help the situation.
Speaker 4: So Tyler, not Tyler, I'm sorry, Tim.
Speaker 2: On your insurance, you're paying three hundred something a month for homeowners so you're paying nearly four grand there.
Speaker 4: What are you paying on cars.
Speaker 15: To ensure the three vehicles? It's around the same three sixty a month.
Speaker 4: So if you're if you're go ahead, I'd.
Speaker 17: Be happy to look at it. I'm in There be some additional questions I would have for you, Tim, but if you want to get in my number, I'll do it. I'll try to do it while your show's going and we'll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do an insurance check up for the hell of it right now, just to see what that looks like, because I mean, if I'm if I'm doing this right, you're paying eight thousand, six hundred, around eighty six hundred a year in insurance. Yes, what are your deductibles?
Speaker 15: And I had the lower deductibles because I've been with them for but this year.
Speaker 21: They sent me a notice that even on my.
Speaker 15: Home it's a thousand deductible. But they're doing all kinds of things with the roof.
Speaker 2: Yeah you need Okay, here's what I want you to do right now. Hold on, I want you to call bron We're gonna give you some numbers off of Brian, your number off the air. I would like to take your specific situation what they're turning you into because they're trust me. If they're telling you they're going to do stuff on the roof, you're looking at actual cash value. You're looking at a whole new ballgame plus plus increase premiums. Right right, Okay, let's see what they can do. I want to see what they were proposing and then what Compass can find. Again, there's no guarantee Compass can improve it, but one thing is for sure. With free comparisons, you can't lie. I mean what, I'm not suggesting they would anyway, But if they say they can beat it, they got to be able to beat it, right. You can't just say I can beat it if you can't beat it. That's why I'm all for these free second opinions and free looks and the Insurance Help Center for looking and comparing insurance. So if you're concerned, it's a phone call, maybe they'll take a half hour to get back to you after they do the figuring. But isn't it worth it? Three oh three nine nine six nine thousand more coming right up? Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison. Call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 6: Help.
Speaker 2: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter.
Speaker 2: Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: I'm all right.
Speaker 2: Now we are waiting for a landscaper to talk to Tyler on selling those clients. We are waiting on Compass Insurance Group to give Tim a comparison for his homeowners. And now we're talking to Jeff. Jeff, welcome to the show. What's going on with you on a very busy troubleshooter day?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 5: Thanks to taking my call? Tom Listen. I got my wife inherited a brokerage account from her mom here in January.
Speaker 4: Now, what do you mean by a brokerage account?
Speaker 2: Do you mean at an investment advisory firm or at a place like a Schwab or Fidelity.
Speaker 5: No, it's like it.
Speaker 8: There.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you've heard of them or not, but they're an investment company.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I need this is what this is what he needs to know and then I'll answer everything you want. But when you say they are with she she had inherited a brokerage account? Is is this a brokerage account that the previous who she inherited.
Speaker 15: From her mother?
Speaker 4: Did her mom have this money under advisement?
Speaker 2: In other words, was it with a financial advisor who had it with a brokerage or was your was her mom investing directly?
Speaker 5: Now it was with an advisor that was advising her.
Speaker 2: On Okay, got it. So the advisor was advising her and it was and the custodian where the money was actually sitting was what what was that called Baared Bared? Yes, I've heard of them. Okay, So what is your question?
Speaker 5: Well, when this, uh my wife has a sister and they divided this account.
Speaker 2: How much was in the how what was the value of the account?
Speaker 5: Well, it had a bunch of accounts in it, but totally it was worth about two point five million okay, And what does.
Speaker 4: Your wife want to do with her share?
Speaker 5: Well, she wants to get rid of the whole thing.
Speaker 4: But well, no, I know she wants to get rid of it. She wants to cash out.
Speaker 5: Is that right, Yeah, she wants to cash out.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Let me explain something to you.
Speaker 2: Okay, when she cashes out of this okay, So let's say it's worth whatever it was worth on the day of death will be the basis of that account. If she cashes out for more, there will be taxes paid on the amount above that, and if she cashes out for less, there may be less than that. But what are you guys going to do with the money? There's a reason I'm asking this. Let's just say she gets one point two five zero and the sister gets one point two five zero. What are you guys doing with the money?
Speaker 5: Well, we want to invest it in our joint accounts that we have already.
Speaker 4: Okay, got it, got it? Now listen, go ahead.
Speaker 5: The problem with this account is the UH financial advisor talked her into reducing the number of accounts that were in this and she had opened up some uh you know, the the managers of these different accounts and so this money is now in three different accounts and they're active.
Speaker 2: But are they all with Are they all with Baird?
Speaker 15: They are with Baird?
Speaker 2: Well there should be. Let me explain something to you. This is a heavily, heavily regulated industry. And if you said to your advisor you want these liquidated immediately, they should be liquidated immediately. So what is the issue.
Speaker 5: The issue is what kind of fees is they're going to charge her for liquidating all of these accounts?
Speaker 2: Well, okay, okay, that depends. Now I'm going to explain a few things. For example, if there was a Schwab account, they would be very little fees based on the final transactions.
Speaker 4: Some accounts have higher fees.
Speaker 2: I'd also be concerned with the financial advisor. Why do you think the financial advisor had her? Did she consolidate the accounts or divide them? In other words, she used to have one account, now she has three. She used to have.
Speaker 5: Well, they've got managers in all of these accounts, but she I don't know what you mean managers in all of those accounts?
Speaker 4: She has one financial advisor?
Speaker 2: Is that correct?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 4: What do you mean she has managers for each account?
Speaker 2: What does that mean.
Speaker 5: From a financial advancer, and she has put that into say like NEUVENE okay, And there's a couple of other accounts that she put this stuff into. And she's telling my wife that they have managers in these other accounts, like neuven for example, has money managers.
Speaker 4: It's a fun manager. What this advisor?
Speaker 2: I hate to say. It doesn't sound like your money's being efficiently managed, and it sounds like she's trying to spread the wealth for shares of fees. I hate saying that, but it doesn't sound good to me. So if your end goal is to liquidate, they should be able to give you almost to the penny how much it's going to cost you, and it shouldn't cost you too much. But I listen, it just so happens. I know a hell of a lot about this this area. I would if I were you, I would you need someone who knows the industry to help you. And I can get somebody free of charge, not a dime, no strings attached to help you. And what they should do is look at exactly what these accounts are.
Speaker 4: Does your wife have statements for these accounts?
Speaker 5: Yeah, she has statements as of I think it was the last Warrior.
Speaker 2: Okay. What we should do is have this guy look at it free, and I mean there is absolutely zero obligation. He would do it as a favor to me. Okay, and it's part of my other company. You should look at it and then he'll let you know what you should be charged or not charged. And there should be no question if you guys wanted to take that money and liquidated, give half to the sister and half to your wife, and then your wife wants to take that money and put it with your current advisor, there should be no questions that they should do that immediately, and they should answer you immediately as how much it will cost and why it would cost that much, how much was the mom when? How old was the mom when she passed away? Do you think I'm just going to ask you because we haven't mentioned any last names of these advisors or names, do you think that she was taking advantage of your mother in law?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm not real sure. I've never encountered this problem. They were going to cash it out. Her sister is already when they divided, when she divided these accounts, she already closed her portion of the account. Your financial advanced advisor and ask my wife if she wanted to keep her money there with her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course she did, because she's making a fee on it. Sure and they And by the way, I'm not saying it's automatically bad, but you know, I mean, your wife should have full reiin on what she wants to do with it.
Speaker 5: Sure, well, and she opens up. She instructed my wife to take some of these accounts that I mean, some of this long i'm's got over one hundred stocks in it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jeff, you really you really need a professional. Let me try to get someone on the line. Okay, can you hold on?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 2: Okay, because here's why.
Speaker 4: And I'm really serious when I say this.
Speaker 2: You need someone who's just gonna give you unpridled, unbiased advice and help you get your If your wife wants to take that money and put it with your advisor.
Speaker 4: That's absolutely what you should do.
Speaker 2: And here's the unfortunate thing in the advisement industry. Okay, there are a bunch of fools out there, and all they care about are their fees, and they don't care about people. So I have a feeling when I heard ninety seven years old and two and a half million dollars in all of this. I'm just hoping that they didn't get her strapped into anything. But we can take a look at.
Speaker 20: That for you.
Speaker 2: So hold on all right, three oh three seven to one three talk. I'll get somebody on three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out out now. Three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Tom Martinez your troubleshooter three all three seven one three h two five five. So I'm gonna get some help on right after the first of the hour here, Jeff, I'm going to get an advisor that advises me on things, and I really want to get you someone just to hold your hand and help you. Absolutely nothing involved no strings attached.
Speaker 5: I want.
Speaker 2: I really do think it's necessary because you're entering an area where I don't know if they're being completely straight with you or not. They probably I'm hoping they are because it's a highly regulated business. So hang on, Jeff, he'll be on the air to talk about this and the steps you need to take. Meanwhile, Tyler, we're trying to figure out what we get Bob's infos so I can reach out to them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I don't have it, Mark, I don't know why I.
Speaker 2: Don't have it. I talk doesn't have it, Kelly doesn't have it. I don't have it. Okay, Rob, if you're listening from l em Landscaping, give us a call and just let us know. But I did hear from Jaris on multiples. They're called on what what do you do with landscaping? The multiple on earnings is earnings multiples two point three eight. Earnings multiple if it's just based on gross revenue is point six ' eight, So you would take a real I mean, if it's a real earnings, okay, and it's five years. I don't know what his real earnings are. I don't know if he does or his gross revenue multiple point six eight.
Speaker 4: Although that doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 2: Although that's what it's saying here on how to evaluate landscaping in yard service businesses. But case, what we need to do is call you back when we get someone. We're trying to get a hold of a landscaper that can help us three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Also, I'm getting a lot of texts on this rental car company sixth They are bad news, Mark. I don't think I've had one person say they'd had a good experience with them.
Speaker 4: That's how terrible they're doing. Uh So we are looking into.
Speaker 2: That some more X sixt we recommend against them based on what we're hearing. Three three seven one three eight two five five is our number or three oh three Martino. We have ideal home loans with us as well, and we've been talking about home loans and on home loans. Somebody wants to know what do you anticipate with the coming election? Will rates go down? Do you think?
Speaker 4: Or is inflation down enough where they might go down? What are you hearing in the industry?
Speaker 14: Bread Well, I think again, aside from the election, I think you are going to see rates go down, and the reason you're going to aside from it even if yeah, no matter what goes on what party, the Federal Reserve is going to start to cut interest rates. And it looks like it's very likely those cuts will begin in September. Now that doesn't mean that's a certainty, but we're starting to see a lot of softening and economic data. The jobs report last week came out very soft and missed expectations by I think sixty thousand jobs. So you know, you're starting to see some of the work they've done, do curb inflation show up and all the data, and we haven't been seeing that until recently. So that does bode for an easing of interest rates, and that does bode for lower rates on things like credit cards, out of loans, mortgages, all that stuff down the road.
Speaker 2: All right, And do you ever see I know this is a crystal ball kind of thing, but do you ever see race going back to where they were ever three to four two point five three percent? Three points?
Speaker 14: You would need we would need a significant event to do that, like like like a global pandemic.
Speaker 2: You like, nothing good, Yeah, nothing good, right, yeah, just because then the rest of the economy would tank. That's right, right, So why at one time did we have low rates and a good economy?
Speaker 5: What was that for?
Speaker 2: Why why did we.
Speaker 6: We came through a period. But think about this, since the great.
Speaker 2: Since the mortgage well it was it was okay, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Since then we've had a period of historically very very low rates.
Speaker 4: Why that we didn't have a tanked economy.
Speaker 6: Well, no, because they were using it to stimulate the economy.
Speaker 14: And look, they were trying to create inflation at one point and couldn't do it.
Speaker 6: I mean, think about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, you know, I mean, damn. At one time mortgage rates were at two percent.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it was yeah, crazy, it's free money. So mark point.
Speaker 14: You know right now, with where rates are at, you are getting a great return on your investment on cash that's parked with no risk.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So there's a twin inch sword here with rates. When they go up, they go up for all of us. When they go down, they go down. They also go down on investments, so or on money. So we got more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show three O three seven one three talks seven to one, three eight two five five, Stay tuned for more. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Ripped news.
Speaker 9: You don't have.
Speaker 1: Come runs, Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: No Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show. Trying to help you in every way we can. So let's get to the phones and continue what we've been doing here. Okay, where are all the people?
Speaker 4: I want to get The one guy on?
Speaker 8: Is he?
Speaker 11: Is he on?
Speaker 2: Anymore? Mark? Did he drop off? The uh? The one guy wife whose wife was getting getting a hard time with the broker.
Speaker 13: No, he dropped he did drop off. Yeah, okay, did, but we have a lookdown. We're we're gonna bring up two people. This goes back and I want you to recap on the problem with Springs Automotive and I'll bring Linda up.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, I'm gonna ask Jeff to call back. I have a financial advisor on to answer his questions and tell him what he needs to do.
Speaker 4: And I'll even do that. I know what his questions were. I hope he's still listening.
Speaker 2: So Jeff, if you have any questions, if you still want to know, call us back three zero three seven one three talks seven one three.
Speaker 4: A two five five, And then we're going to talk to Linda.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, Now, Linda had a car done, and I'm going to bring up her call.
Speaker 4: And Linda had a car done.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to find your call from the Oh yeah, here it is a two thousand and eight Mazda. And you had this Mazda repaired. Well, actually you bought it. And when you bought it from the dealership, you said that the engine went out in three days and then they charged you to replace it.
Speaker 10: Is that right, right?
Speaker 4: And this is three days after you bought it.
Speaker 2: You paid forty eight hundred dollars to replace the engine, and then that engine it kind of went out again, and it was such a poor installation that it did damage to other accessories in your car. So now, even though the warranty on that used engine is supplying another engine, you still have previously damaged parts that need to be replaced. And we believed that basically the Springs Automotive should at least pony up some of that.
Speaker 4: Right, Jared looked at your car.
Speaker 24: It's an extra four thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: And my car is in North Dakota and Jared is in North Dakota. Yes, and Jared looked at your car, Jared, do I have that right? They said, to replacement engine under warranty, but you can't put it in because there's additional damage done by the previous installation.
Speaker 6: Is that right, Well, we're putting it.
Speaker 26: Then it's actually installed. Now we're finishing the vehicle up, but it's there was just a lot of stuff that was damaged in the process, so we had to repair all the damaged parts and replace.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the part I'm getting at. Well, those damaged parts cost her some extra money.
Speaker 26: Yeah, quite a bit of extra money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so other than the normal engine installation? How much extra money were these damaged parts?
Speaker 15: Let me look at you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Linda, that's going to be that's going to be what you need to go after Springs Automotive about did they Did they ever respond to you?
Speaker 24: You had them on the phone last Friday?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the streams.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right. Well, well Mark, didn't he say, yeah, what happened? I don't have notes on that. I just say that the engine was supplied under warranty. Oh yeah, yeah, that's right. We did. We told him we appreciated it, but at that time we didn't know the extent of the damages. He said, oh, this is being covered under warranty, but I don't think he realized there was additional damage. So we need to call him back, Jared about how much extra for those damage parts, like she would have to pay under the warranty for normal installation. But and that was about how much?
Speaker 11: Eighteen hundred yeah, eighteen forty four.
Speaker 26: Yeah, So the additional costs with labor and the additional costs for the parts that were damaged and everything, it's about twenty seven hundred bucks. Oh my, god, yeah, the intercooler. There's there's all kinds of mean.
Speaker 4: This woman has been so entirely buried in this car.
Speaker 2: She paid forty eight hundred originally to get that engine, and now she has to pay another twenty seven hundred, and then she has to pay the eighteen hundred to you to replace it. This is just in these repairs. This woman nine thousand, three hundred dollars just to get her car running that she bought from Springs Automotive.
Speaker 26: Got about a different vehicle from better vehicle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, what is that car even worth? For God's sakes, what did you pay for that car?
Speaker 6: Linda?
Speaker 3: I paid five thousand, So.
Speaker 2: You're into this car now for fourteen three or fourteen five. I mean, you're into this car for way more than it's worth.
Speaker 24: Right, Oh my god, I'm putting band aids upon band aids upon band aids. And I said to them, why are you banah eating this car? Get me a different car and they will do it.
Speaker 2: Well, it's too late. Now you got a damn engine. But you paid for that engine. So you paid five grand for the car, another five grand for a new engine, and now you have to pay another You had to pay another ending.
Speaker 6: Honestin on right now from Spring's automotive.
Speaker 2: I mean, this guy isn't I mean, he's got to understand. This woman's been completely ripped off. They should do something for her. I mean, gosh, dang it, you're just so me.
Speaker 24: Not to mention I have been on two feet instead of four wheels for six months.
Speaker 2: Well, we have a serious problem. So I want to go the original, the original purchase five grand, right right, Okay, I'm making a note of this.
Speaker 4: This is crazy.
Speaker 2: And then new engine or replacement engine was forty eight hundred, and that is then on top of that you had the installation of that engine a second time reinstallation of a second engine. Oh my gosh, that's another eighteen eighteen hundred. And then on top of that you have twenty They.
Speaker 24: Didn't about the engine in and I drove it six hundred and fifty miles without a bullet.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, you keep bringing that up. And here's what I want to tell you. As crazy as it sounds, I don't care about that part. I see, I don't care what could have happened, all right. What I care about is what did happen? You had a five thousand dollars car forty eight hundred dollars replacement engine three days later. Then you have a reinstallment of another replacement engine for eighteen hundred, and then you have twenty seven hundred in damages from the original installation. These people have complete and totally ripped your face off.
Speaker 16: Hello, I know hold on.
Speaker 2: You know I'll be shocked by the way. I would be absolutely shocked.
Speaker 8: If this thing.
Speaker 2: Honest to God, if this happens, if you don't, we got to do something. If they don't do anything for you, Hold on, both of you, Jeff. I want to bring up Jeff real quick. Let me get this call out because Jeff was patient. Jeff, are you there?
Speaker 10: I'm here, sir.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jeff, I have someone on the line. Are you there, Pat? Hold on?
Speaker 4: He might be on hold Pat.
Speaker 2: Are you there? Pat? Are you there? I'm okay, good Pat. Jollif is a financial advisor. I just want to say something. Okay, he has helped me for years and years and years, so I'm asking him to do this. This has nothing to do with soliciting business. This is to help you through this time. What happened was, Pat, is that Jeff's mother in law died at ninety seven. His wife is inheriting some brokerage accounts at Baird. Have you heard of Baird?
Speaker 5: Pat yep?
Speaker 2: Okay, I have. For some reason, he can't get straightforward information on how much is going to be to liquidate this woman. Jeff's wife simply wants to take her half of the two point five and place it with their own advisors or with their own account they have now, and he can't get straight answers, right, Jeff, Yeah, she.
Speaker 5: Doesn't seem to. Maybe my life doesn't understand that. She hasn't called me back on it, and we haven't gotten in the straight answers.
Speaker 2: And what you want to know specifically is exactly how much it will cost you to liquid Is that right?
Speaker 5: That's that's what she's thinking right now.
Speaker 22: Liquid.
Speaker 2: But I want to give you an I want to give you another alternative. I want you to hear this let you have right now. You said you wanted to move it over to your joint account that you have with your own advisor. Is that correct? Jeff?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I haven't really decided on doing that as yet because.
Speaker 2: Okay, but here's what I want to tell you. And there's a couple of ways to do this. Let's just say that Pat looks this over who you can trust. Like I said, he all he's going to do is give you a neutral look. But sometimes it may not be worth liquidating what you have. Let's just say that that previous advisor to your mother in law maybe pick some good investments and it might be the wrong time to liquidate, and you may just want to move them over to your wife's name without liquidating them, but you still accomplish the same thing.
Speaker 4: Does that make sense?
Speaker 11: Sure?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Now, Jef, Pat, I wanted to ask you to them, Pat, would you be able to without being their official advisor, would you be able to look at their accounts and give them some advice? There's nothing wrong with that, right, just some neutral, free advice.
Speaker 12: Yeah, sure, that'd be fine. Just if we could get most recent statements from the estate then we can start with that.
Speaker 2: And could you analyze their investments to see you know what they have and maybe because you don't. The last thing Jeff wants is them losing a ton of money by liquidating and then moving it over.
Speaker 12: Right, absolutely, yeah, the other.
Speaker 2: Thing I want. The other thing I want to ask Pat could you is there a way to know if they do want to liquidate if there are excessive fees being charged, because Jeff was concerned that there might be Jeff, what were you calling them management fees?
Speaker 5: Well, my wife was telling me what she found out for me the brokerage was that the account managers charge.
Speaker 21: Your fee to.
Speaker 5: Liquidate their accounts that they're managing.
Speaker 2: Does that sound right, Pat? Could that be like a mutual fund or something.
Speaker 12: Well, it's hard to say. I mean, it could be the specific investment that they're in might have some sort of contingent for sales charge. If they're in a time what's in a time prime, they liquidate. So I think the best thing to do is right back to what you're offering, Tomas. Let's have a lift at what they have. Brokerage statements would reflect cost, basis and the like. There's all sorts of different things that come into play when you know when a depth is involved, and you know step up and basis and all those kinds of things of the count, you know, beneficiary design, all of that suffect. So has already been it's already been liquidated, and she has it her share of it.
Speaker 5: It's already in her name, and her sister has liquidated her share of it, and it's no longer an issue as far as that goes.
Speaker 2: But as far as your wife's share, is it still in stocks and stuff or not? Oh?
Speaker 15: It is?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, So he's what he's saying is that his his wife's sister already liquidated. Well, Jeff, did she get a good portion of her half or did she have to spend a lot did she have to pay a lot of fees?
Speaker 5: Well, we haven't talked to her about it.
Speaker 12: They don't seem to get along.
Speaker 2: You know. Okay, Jeff, listen, listen, I'm serious. You need some help. What we want to do is have is I'll have past call you and again, you know, there's nothing, absolutely no obligation. He can just make sure that you're not you know, that they're not abusing the hell out of you, or make sure that it's wise or the best most efficient way to transfer that into your wife.
Speaker 5: Okay, So yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: No no problem.
Speaker 4: Mark.
Speaker 2: Can you get Jeff's number and put it up on the board and I'll give that over to Pat Jack.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Pat, thank you very much for being here.
Speaker 2: I certainly appreciate it, my pleasure. All right. We'll see him, all right. So the point is people, this stuff should be a free flow of information. What Pat was talking about is a step up and basis means at the time of death they get the benefit of that basis. So that will minimize taxes and that will minimize transfer fees. So we'll talk about that coming up. Bob is also on the line. We got to take a break. He's gonna tell us about selling lawn care businesses for this young man that called in. And then we also have Yeah, that's about it for now. Then we have ideal home loans as well. So stick around for a very busy day on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven, seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer. When you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Okay, so we got Jeff being taken care of with a free review, and uh now we're going to go to Bob with Lam Landscaping, and Bob says, hey, he can talk a little bit about.
Speaker 4: The landscaping business.
Speaker 6: He's been in it a while.
Speaker 2: Bob, listen, man, thanks for calling. I don't know what I did with your cell phone, but if you get a chance, please make sure I keep that. I got to put that in my contact so so so Bob. This guy, this kid has like sixty six customers that do regular lawng Carr's had him for a few years and he wants to sell his business or sell his list. Basically, what how would you value do you do? Do you do maintenance, Bob or just new installations?
Speaker 15: No, we don't do maintenan, but I know somebody who does who I would recommend to call, which would be which would be One man and a dog. He's an amazing this company, and the only way you can really value it is well, you know, it's a lot different maintenance wise than it is with what I do. You know, you take your customer base, you see how long you've had that customer base, And if I was interested in it, I'd want to know how long you've had it, and then you just you kind of you're kind of buying what customers he has, and then you just have to hope that they stay with you. Maintenance is a lot different. That's why we've never done it. It's hard to make money and maintenance anymore because so many people do it and there's a lot of you know, i'll be honesite, there's a lot of or you know, companies that do it, and they do they do it cheap, but they do good work. So it's really hard to compete with some of them. But that's how I would got it. Just if you have fifty customers and how much is he bringing in a month or a year and how long they've been with him, That's how I would look at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hard to get a grasp on his numbers, so we can't really go there. But I think that basically they just said after expense says I, I don't know. I even hesitate to say he's making probably somewhere around fifty grand or so on those But but you know, I would say a good customer though in landscaping without a contract, that's another complication. If he did have let's say, sixty six customers, even at even at five hundred dollars a customer, I mean, that's thirty three grand, and this other company is only offering me sixty five hundred bucks. I think somewhere between there and there, there's got to be more money, you know, more than sixty five hundred dollars.
Speaker 15: Yeah, here's the thing. You got to figure out the equipment.
Speaker 17: Was it great?
Speaker 15: Okay, so his base that's pretty that's a pretty low, uh right cuarly rate. You know, with his base, you gotta figure the equipment you gotta pay forare or if he's selement the condition of it? Right, I think I would say, if I had to be honest, know what you just told me, without knowing what equipment he has, ten to fifteen might be the top I'd want to pay for it because of the maintenance of the equipment and the upkeep and all that. You know, he's not making a whole lot of money if that's all he's making a year taken with machine ups keep and all that, that's not a whole lot of money.
Speaker 2: And well, I think I think he said, and again I don't know. He said he was grossing sixty. But then he said he only had forty to split with his two brothers. And that to me, that doesn't even make sense. I don't know how you spend twenty thousand dollars on expenses.
Speaker 15: Well, you know your your upkeeper. If he takes really good care of machinery. You know, a good a good mower is gonna last year three.
Speaker 2: We're losing the thoughts. So Bob, listen, you know what. I'll tell you what would be good? Mark? Did you get his number? Because Bob's a good guy, I'll give him free advice.
Speaker 13: I'm not quite sure where we left that. I probably have his number somewhere. But if we don't have his number up here, but we're gonna lose Big Daddy's auto. Man, he's been on hold forever.
Speaker 6: So I don't know what you want.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jared, Okay, let me just finish.
Speaker 6: Jared.
Speaker 2: Listen, man, we're gonna we appreciate the information you have the only thing we made to need to get from you to get paid from these other clowns. Is we need to get maybe a letter saying that you know that you found this to be damaged from the previous installation.
Speaker 13: And by the way I left, I talked to a woman over there at Springs Automotive and she was gonna get someone to hopefully come on the air and talk to me. Then she had me on hold for about five minutes, came back and said, no one's available. So I put their phone number below show notes. Maybe if some of our callers could call up, maybe that could help.
Speaker 4: Now, mark the number you put down there.
Speaker 2: Look at it.
Speaker 4: There's some extra numbers there at the end.
Speaker 2: What is that an extension or well that's.
Speaker 6: The beginning of their address. Let me get rid of the fourteenth eleven.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, good, Okay, So we got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. I want to talk about renew home innovations. Beautiful showers. Beautiful showers. They take the old shoves, the old tub shower combos, get rid of them. They put in beautiful showers, rectangle, perimeter drains, grab bar seats, glass panels, stone walls, stone resin with no maintenance. They do it in two or three days with seventy two months to pay. These are people that do beautiful work. Three oh three nine zero four two thousand. That's three oh three nine zero four two thousand. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com. List your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 13: I listened to uh I had I tried to get back with Springs Automotive. I gotta be honest here, man. I think they're playing games. I think they're listening right now on the radio, and in my opinion, I think they suck. Okay, I'm going to recap this. They suck saying this correct. They're just a horrible company.
Speaker 2: We're going to recapture this whole damn thing and we're going to blow it up on car Day. But here's what Springs Automotive did. They sold her a car for five grand, okay, but then a three days later her engine goes out. They charge her for a replacement engine forty eight hundred bucks. Okay, she pays that. Then that went bad and the reinstallment of another replacement was cost her eighteen hundred. You know, then twenty seven hundred damages from the original installation. So this is Springs Automotive.
Speaker 13: You know what base write down there in Inglewood. Maybe we should get some listeners together, grab some picket signs and have a good old fashion how to do?
Speaker 2: Oh man, I'm telling you. So, here's their number, Springs Automotive. I would avoid them like the plague right now until we get an explanation here. They should help this woman out, even if they just pay for the replacement and the damages from the second engine and their numbers three three, seven, eight nine, twenty eight eighty six. You know what we have here a consumer club. And when I say club, I mean a club. You know what I mean by a club?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 2: A club that wax people over the head. I mean figuratively. Come on, man, this thing sucks.
Speaker 13: I just want to think about fifteen seconds right now and cut a free commercial forum and I'll get it airing everywhere.
Speaker 6: Can you do that for me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll cut a free commercial forum on this experience.
Speaker 4: We'll do that.
Speaker 2: We'll do that, and basically are just pible. Okay, come to Springs Automotive. Not only will we sell you a no, let me do three to two to one. Come to Springs Automotive, where we'll not only sell you a piece of crap car, but we'll overcharge you for any piece of crap repairs it needs, and then we'll do that repair wrong, so you'll have even more expense when you have to fix our fix. We are Springs Automotive, proud to screw you. Call us at three ZHO three seven eight nine twenty eight eighty six in Inglewood. But if we can, we'll expand to screw more people in more places. You help us out three O three seven eight nine to eight eight six Springs Automotive Group, where we love screwing people. How's that mark? Is that good?
Speaker 6: Anyway? It was great? Man, I'm gonna try to get it in rotation real quick.
Speaker 2: Okay. Anyway, that is Spring's automotive and they really do suck. And Linda, we're gonna stay on top of it. Okay, we're gonna let you loose. We got to take some more calls, but we're gonna stay on top of it.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: Karen, what's going on with you? Karen? What's happening?
Speaker 10: Hi there, I'm see to see if I could get you and one of your deputies to help me out. A daughter been with this guy for about seven years, but off and on, Hey, get they get into it. He's done with her or whatever. He drops her off on our porch.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute. Your daughter was with this guy for how long?
Speaker 16: Seven years?
Speaker 2: And then he just drops her off he's done with her?
Speaker 10: Yeah, well here together and then all of a sudden, I don't want you around anymore. And he did that to her this time. They signed a lease in February, and he did that with her about two weeks after they signed the lease in February, and then she was hanging out with one of the neighbors that she that befriended her. All of a sudden, she couldn't figure out why.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, So and so is she on a lease right now?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wait, she's on a lease with this clown and this clown clown. Wait wait, another clown and his friend. Wait a minute, yeah, wait, now I'm confused. Let's get this straight. So your daughter was with this guy seven years. Yeah, then that guy dumps her at your place.
Speaker 10: Well he in the past seven years, he probably dumped out of our place about twenty times.
Speaker 2: Okay, But what I mean is this, Well she's in for a punishment. But in the meantime, hold on, But in the meantime, she finds another clown. No, no, same guy, well, the same guy the room.
Speaker 10: They got a roommate to go to get back they she was broke up with him for about nine months, about a year ago, and then got back with him, and then she signed another lease with him and another guy. Okay, and then then she then he told her that you know, he's gonna go off and be a millionaire and do stuff on the computer and all this stuff. And then come to find out he's been messed around with at least one of the girl in the apartment.
Speaker 2: But the real problem you're calling us about is that right? Now? Hold On, she made a mistake signing on a lease with this clown.
Speaker 10: Till next February. Uh uh so yeah, And what we think is happening is because we went back there to get her stuff and he had had it already packed for her.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but when does she sign the lease in February?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 2: So she needs to get well, what does she need now? She needs to get out of the lease. The landlord's not going to let her out.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and that's what we're that's where we're at because we went back there to get some of her stuff because she found out from this girl that she's.
Speaker 22: Been easy to see.
Speaker 2: Hold On, how old is your daughter?
Speaker 10: Twenty three? Is?
Speaker 2: Does your daughter understand that they can come after her for all those expenses?
Speaker 10: I let her know that she's one Each person that finds the lease is one responsible.
Speaker 18: Yes, So what does can't you just go to small claims court and sue for the remainder of the lease because he he won't let her use the property.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, she's out, she's if I don't think so, Mark, I don't think that would work, do you?
Speaker 3: Of course it would?
Speaker 18: No, it was if she can't if he's not allowing her to live there, why should she pay one third to do with.
Speaker 6: The apartment complex? That's right now. If there's domestics, say.
Speaker 2: They don't have a partnership agreement, hold on, then hold on see doc. If she had a partnership agreement with this guy to live there together, and then he's denying her, that she consume for breach of contract, which is costing her money. But none of that's happening. They just moved into a place and signed a lease. So here's the thing, Karen, You're not gonna like to hear this, but this is the true The only way you can handle stupidity at this age, and that is this, listen, is that she just hopes this guy doesn't leave behind a breach or a big bill because if some if they do come after her for the remainder of the lease or for damages, she's going to have to do a bankruptcy. Yeah, I wouldn't do anything right now if he kicked her out. She first of all, is she's smart enough to stay away from this clown right.
Speaker 10: Now this time? I hope. So she's living with us, and got her and her sister that are living with us too now. So it's like me and my husband are like, no, I know, you.
Speaker 2: Know, listen, kids some kids are like boomerangs. You throw them out, they come back.
Speaker 10: Well and that, and that's what he told her last time. He said, well, I know I could just you know, break up with you because your mom and dad will just take you back in.
Speaker 2: So what here she do if he asks her for her third of the red tell him to go squad? Why how could he possibly ask for that if she's not living there? Listen, we gotta take this break. You heard Karen, I think she listen. She might be on the lease, but he's denying her entrance. I would say forget about it. If they come after her she does a bankruptcy. I don't know what else to say. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 6: Help.
Speaker 2: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. By the way, Frank drand the real Estate Man get evaluation of your home free free for the asking three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Frank durand the real Estatement dot Com. And I know Frank sends a lot of people to you, Brent, and you guys like him and he's a great guy. Now, as far as you guys go, I want to recap what we've learned about ideal home loans.
Speaker 4: Once a customer, always a customer. You pay lender fees.
Speaker 2: One time, one time. That means if you buyer refi a house with them. Listen to this, and you find a rental somewhere you want to buy, or another house, vacation house, whatever, you don't pay.
Speaker 6: Again, Yep, you don't pay again.
Speaker 2: If rayce good on, you don't pay again.
Speaker 6: Nope, you can refinance a lower rate and lower your payment with no lender fees.
Speaker 2: Think about that.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 2: That is ideal home loans for your next ideal home loan, No ideal home loans for all your Ideal Home Loans, and that's three O three eight sixty seven seven thousand and eight six seven seven thousand ideal.
Speaker 4: Home loans dot com.
Speaker 2: Hey, don't forget three oh three Martino, call us