Speaker 1: Welcome to the five o'clock show. It's time for common sense. Now it's Kats and Gosby with John Catsimatids and Rita Gosby standing for truth, justice and the American Way bringing common sense to the world. Now here's John Katsimatids and Ria Gosby.
Speaker 2: Well, it is a big countdown and that is because poles are going to be closing in a matter of hours in Michigan and Missouri. And the biggie in Michigan, Judge Weinberg, that guy in Michigan crazy. He is like one of the most extreme radical candidates. I think that the Democrats have this season.
Speaker 3: Radical socialist islamis for him. And you supported the people who think that nine to eleven was well deserved. I mean really, and I'll tell you what's really troubling today.
Speaker 4: What twenty fifth anniversary of nine to eleven? This this garage jumping around saying that that we deserve nine to eleven.
Speaker 3: I mean, is this the most ridiculous thing in the world.
Speaker 2: Well, he's hanging around Hassan Piker, who is and and he has been advocating for Hamas. He's been saying Israel's evil. He's saying, defund the police.
Speaker 4: Open borders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a radical. This is a very radical extremist. And he's been pelling around with the dearborn mayor. And that dearborn mayor is the guy who like told people of Catholic faith and Christian faith that you're not welcome.
Speaker 4: What are the numbers here? What are the numbers here? Number trouble, he's troublem. But I'll tell you two things. Well, we're going to know the numbers tonight.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, the numbers right now, he's ahead by Eight's all crack right.
Speaker 4: I agree, it's all crap. Good I help. Your numbers are tonight.
Speaker 2: And obviously, you guys, the key issue is this is a democratic primary.
Speaker 3: Well, what is she going to do if she loses? Is she gonna endorse them? Well, by the way, she's gonna do the right thing, Jo and sand for this country.
Speaker 2: You just hit the exact right point, because she's already come out even though they're obviously trading barbs. They're in the primary. Haley Stevens, who's quote considered the more moderate against abdulah l say ed, I think anybody's more moderate compared to him. Both of them have already said they're going to endorse the other, that they will support whoever wins against Mike Rogers. She's a great candidate.
Speaker 3: So she's supporting the takeover of the Democratic Party by the Socialists and the Islamist How wonderful of that.
Speaker 2: Yes, because she is already saying whatever it is, she's going to support that individual that already sends.
Speaker 4: A very interous message party over country.
Speaker 2: It's a scary thing. And this guy in particular is very troubling. I mean when you see his background. To me, the people he's hanging around with, every single squad member has been supporting this guy. And you look at the rhetoric. It's a very visceral. It's we're gonna scream. He's screaming about fascism. His his views on Israel, everything is anti Israel. He is downright anti Semitic, dangerous. I agree, very trouble.
Speaker 3: But to your point, Bank Goards, Mike Rogers is going to be the Republican candidate. Former chairman of Hause Intelligence Committee, former FBI agent, a buriant guy, a real patriarch, and somebody could be a great senator.
Speaker 4: Now you know, someday we're gonna have to have a real discussion that all these people have want to become American citizens, of all these people that don't really love America to become an American citizen. I remember I was six years old. I remember when I took my American citizenship. Example, you have to pledge allegiance to the year flag and to America. Are these people still are going to do it? Are they falsely.
Speaker 5: Doing Even if they do it, John, I won't believe it. They're going to just do it for the sake of getting.
Speaker 4: But not want. But yeah, they have to pledge allegiance. Yes, So if they get the American citizenship papers, the next day they're burning the flag, you can take back the American citizenship.
Speaker 2: What do you think? It's an interesting point because how are they pledging allegiance to this country if they're supporting Hamas, which is a terrorist group fighting against America. And how about the woman in New York, you guys who was washing her hands with the American flag?
Speaker 4: What about a probation period?
Speaker 5: What about some kind of a probation period when they become American citizens.
Speaker 2: Well some of them do it at birth and then when they're twenty they start spewing this hate Judge Weinberg.
Speaker 3: Which is exactly why you shouldn't have birthright citizenship because they have no test of loyalty in this country.
Speaker 4: Doctor Oz is on, we don't want you to bring them in.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. We have the great doctor Oz, who is the administrator for US centers from Medicare and Medicaid services. And doctor Oz, you had some big announcements today, massive amounts of fraud, including in New York, but elsewhere. Tell us about it.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 6: Today we had a big press event based on a series of arrests indictments that took place over the last few days in Philadelphia. John has a nexus with Pennsylvania. It's my home state, my home city. So it's particularly painful to have to acknowledge that we've got a major problem. And we focused on a couple big areas. One of them is personal care services. These are again when you know you're having your kids getting paid to do things for you that historically your family would just do for you. And that job, being a personal care service, which most people never heard of, is the number one job in New York, it's a number one job in California, and it turns out it's a number one job in Pennsylvania, and these are shockingly big numbers. Two hundred thousand people in Pennsylvania have half a million in New York. In your's the closest competitor, which are retail sales, you have twice as many people doing this personal care service stuff. So the fraud in Pennsylvania has gotten so bad again. This is fraud for the taxpayers paying for services never rendered. That We held the press conference across from the federal jail, the place where you would get held, and there were people in that jail who were billing or getting billed for personal care services, literally in jail. They In one case, a man and his wife had conspired. The wife was pretending to take care of the husband, charging the state a lot of money, and he was in jail the whole time. There was another guy, These are true stories. You can't make this stuff up. He was getting arrested for a drug defense. While the cops were about to handcuff, he said, I just check out of my job at home health care. And he said, what are you talking about? He says, I'm a home care agent. I'm one of these people. I'm getting paid right now while i'm selling drugs. So in fact, a lot of people doing it. And they said, well, but I mean we're going.
Speaker 7: To arrest you for that too. He said, were you going to arrest the entire city of Philadelphia? We're all doing it. Another criminals said, were the best kept secret they ever heard of. Everyone's making a fortune on this stuff. But the problem is you can't get service and you need it, especially folks who are suffering, who are vulnerable that's waiting in line to get services. They can't because Froster is taking all the money. So you know, in Pennsylvania very concretely ranks worst five nationally and how much money we're spending, both the number of people but also number of money made by the providers. Most of the folks here in Pennsylvania are pissed off, upset about this terribly, and so we have been taking aggressive stance this year. By the way, I was in Maine yesterday, massive problem there as well, also around in that case autism, folks getting home care, but when they have the developmental disabilities. And in Maine, interestingly, most of the people doing this seem to be from Central Africa. They're from Rwanda and a Democratic Republic of Congo, and they were brought to the state by nonprofit organizations which made money by doing it. Planted these people who are not running these big businesses abusing the folks that are in those places.
Speaker 2: Wow. So it's sort of like a like a cycle. It's like they've got like a whole sort of operation, right, doctor oz Well.
Speaker 6: The accusations go deeper. They involve again I'm not I don't have personal evidence of this, but sending money back to militia in uh Rwanda in Central Africa.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: In this uh you know situation in Pennsylvania, the money is obviously part of a larger organized criminal effort. I was at the site of a bus where the investigators went in to collect boxes after boxes of information that links these different groups together. Because it's not just who's actually you know, charging the money. These a criminal syndicate, a multinational often criminal syndicate that controls this web, intricate web of criminal groups. So the same folks in Philadelphia who are selling drugs are also selling services, and they like building medicaid more. It's safer you don't go to jail. If you do go to jail, you know, you'll steal a couple of million bucks go to jail for eighteen months. You don't go to a jail for drug trafficking or a bank robbery. It's a lot to heftier penalty. So we have taught criminals to take advantage of our healthcare system. And the part that's frustrating is it wasn't like this. These programs were built in a high trust society. America over the last five years has become a low trust society ten point dropped by the way and how much we trust our neighbors from fifty five to forty five and what that does. It's really important, but most people don't trust their neighbors. All of a sudden, everyone thinks they got to get away with it. They know that everyone's lying to them, so they want the air a little piece of the of the action. And they're not just stealing your money, they're stilling your health. They're stealing your trust. And that's what's becoming evident as we look at the evidence in Philadelphia in particular, where everyone seems to be involved and if you're not taking your piece of the action, you're full.
Speaker 4: It is. It is mind boggling how far done we went on this. I mean this started. This wasn't like that. This wasn't like that the last ten to fifteen years. It just happened in the last ten to fifteen years.
Speaker 6: Talk to us COVID, John Covid. It all started with COVID because COVID taught the world that America, especially the federal government where I'm serving, would throw money at problems and we would did not have the guts to get the money back or to stop it from going out when criminal elements were involved. We wanted to be nice people in Minnesota where I've been, I feel like Johnny Cash by the way I've been everywhere man Minnesota. The worst thing, the worst thing you can say to someone in Minnesota ready, racist, can't use that Maine, why do they have this problem? Made again the essentral Africans. They don't actually look like they are understanding even the culture there, but they were accepted because again, you could not use the word racist. This has nothing to do with your skins in color, or your ethnic background or your gender. If you are stealing from poor people, you are not on our team and we need to stop it. And the only way to do that is to be difficult, like I being right now and why could the President do passionately about this? And the Vice President was appointed to be the head of the Task Force for the White House against Fraud because we knew we needed an all of government of efforts. So today in Pennsylvania doing this press event right right opposite from the federal prison was Colin MacDonald, who is the US Attorney in charge of these issues. We had the US Attorney for eastern part of Pennsylvania there as well. Day we had Day Sunday, who was the Attorney General in Pennsylvania. We had law enforcement at many different levels participating to ensure that justice is being done. And we need to send this message loudly to the criminals that if you try to steal money from the federal government or at this point even state governments because we have to reimburse the states for Medicaid, we will come out after you, which means do not walk away from my voice, run because we are coming.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you the problem we have in New York State and the problem you have in Philadelphia. You have a DA's that don't want to arrest anybody, and the job has to be done by the US attorneys to maintain laws.
Speaker 6: It's an excellent point. And then we have to ask ourselves, why is it we have so much corruption in our governments that they don't want to enforce the law. And you just said it beautifully because it's oftentimes politically motivated. Why do we have so many people doing these personal care service jobs? John, it's a jobs program. We are literally employing otherwise unemployed people on the federal goal because when you pay them medicaid salaries, the states get the money back from the federal government, most of it. And so for that reason, we're basically giving a jobs program to people to medicate people, by the way, whose other job happens to be drug dealer or some other oftentimes illicit endeavor. And then here's the best part. We're learning more and more in California and New York. I don't know about it yet in Philadelphia and Pennsylvania, but these folks are getting unionized. When they get unionized, they have to pay union dues even if they don't want to. We're pursuing that as well. And I just had a harsh letter of the states saying you may not do this. You may not take federal dollars and put union dues with those dollars to work, because what does the union do with the union dues? They stay fund candidates who support their views. That's political patronage. That's wrong.
Speaker 2: Wow. Absolutely well, doctor Oz. We love having you. It's so always mind blowing the amount of fraud that you guys are uncovering.
Speaker 4: And I am so glad that the President Trump puts you in that position and put so many other good people in positions where we're going to bring America back to being honestly, you know, honesty and integrity.
Speaker 6: Well, God bless you for giving me a place to talk about it a little bit. Lots more coming, making more trips back to New York. By the way, Nick Shirley and I wire of theirs, you know in Queen's with the social adult daycare centers where New York leads the league. But I'll tell you Pennsylvania, where I'm from, we are number one in the country in getting charged for dead people. Believe it or not. Wow, number one in the country for paying money for dead people to get care. It's shocking that if it happens once much.
Speaker 4: You know who I hold responsible to the governors of the states. The governors of the states have have the you know, the ability to go after local DA's to make sure they do the.
Speaker 3: Understated attorneys gener'll have to do their tribes too. Yeah, I mean it's horrible.
Speaker 4: Well, Dr Os, thank you so much for coming on and thank you for everything you do and to help all America. And God bless you, and we'll catch up again soon.
Speaker 8: God bless you. My friends.
Speaker 2: Take that you, thank you, thank you, doctor Oz and you guys, as we were saying, tonight is a big test of the Democratic Party because well a very extreme democratic socialist win and maybe more than one race. Well, talking about what's happening in the Democratic Party is former Democratic strategist still current political activists obviously.
Speaker 4: Very foch one tough gal.
Speaker 2: She's great, isn't she. I love her, We love her, Melissa du Rosa, Melissa, what do you think is going to happen?
Speaker 9: Well, great to be with you guys. You know, look, if the polls are right, and we've all experienced a you know, different polling that we know is completely wrong. But if the polls are right, it looks like Elsa Ed is going to walk away with this thing to the tune of somewhere, you know, between eight ten fifteen points, and this will be a if that's what happens. I think that the person who will be celebrating tonight is Mike Rogers and the Republican Party in the state of Michigan, because it puts him in a much much better position to take that seat and flip it from.
Speaker 7: Blue to red.
Speaker 2: You know what's amazing. And we were talking earlier in the show here Melissa that both el Sied and Haley Stevens, who claims she's a quote mid have said that they're going to endorse the other. So they are completely cathing. And this comes at the same time that there's are reports that Kamala Harris, first of all, who is definitely moving left. You can hear her rhetoric. She's talking about packing the Supreme Court, statehood, She's talking about a whole bunch of stuff, and so if you look at all of those things. She's also reaching out to Mundani. There's been reports that they've had so she's trying to get this DSA stamp on her the blessing of the DSA. What does that say? I mean they seem like to be surrendering, folding like cheap suits.
Speaker 9: No, you know, look It's the famous old saying, tell me where my people are going. I must know so I can lead them. And that is Kamala Harrison and nutshell. She is not a person of conviction. She's got no core. All she cares about is power and being in office for the sake of being in office. And so we saw during the twenty twenty four campaign, when she had two billion dollars behind her, that she basically lit on fire. We saw as she had every celebrity, all the mainstream media, every Democrat fell in line, and she lost every single swing state. And at the end of the day, people are very good at sniffing out people who are not authentic and people who are just saying whatever it takes to get elected. And in that race, she flip flopped on fracking, she flipedopped on Medicare for All, she flip flopped on the border, She full flopped on gun control. She had been a staunch advocate for gun control. Suddenly everywhere she's going she's telling people she owns a gun. And so you know, look, people, people can smell a phony, and that's what happened, and you're seeing it again. You're seeing a woman who at one point was in law enforcement. She worked in the DA's office. She was the Attorney General of California. She used to tap the fact that she was tough on crime. And you're seeing her cozying up to the DSA. She is she is taking meetings with the pro Palestinian groups, the anti Israel groups, who I would argue are even you know, borderline pro Hamas groups, And she is already you know, taking all of the position of these wackoed DSA people who are trying to drag the party off a cliff to the left. And so she's tilting it wind mills once again. But more dangerously, it's it's the direction you're seeing a lot of them go in. They believe that that's where the grassroots energy is. They believe that in a presidential you're going to need to appease the activist, looney wing of the party, and then in doing so, they're going to make it impossible to win the general election, and they are going to redefine the Democratic Party as we all have known it for our entire lives. So it's a very very dangerous situation we find ourselves in right now.
Speaker 2: It is. And also you can't discount it. I mean, you know, I love the idea that you're saying that Mike Rodgers will win in November. And he's a he's a terrific candidate. I mean, you look at his backgrounds. But these people that's you know, a lot of people said Mondani's never going to win, and here we are.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 9: I mean, look, I don't know that it's a shoe in for Mike Rodgers, but it's certainly he's He will be in a much better position than if he were running against Haley Stevens, who fought to save the auto industry, who is a moderate, real Michigan you know, resident all of her life and who has taken moderate positions her whole life. And you're going to put him up against Mike Rodgers, up against some guy who's hanging out with Hassan Piker. And I do not believe that that translates statewide in a purple state like Michigan, which voted for Trump twice in the last three times that he ran. It just it doesn't smell. It doesn't pass the smell test.
Speaker 2: And now I hope you're right. I hope you're right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so I think it works. That stuff may work in small blue city council districts and congressional districts, and even blue cities like New York and Chicago. But I don't think that you know that dog hunts been in a purple state which built on the middle class and union workers.
Speaker 5: Craig Eaton, You know, Melissa, I agree with you, but I do fear the fact that the country is trending towards socialism. I mean, look at around the country, the different mayors that have and we can't take this for granted here. I mean, this is a scary proposition.
Speaker 9: No no one can take it for granted. And look, obviously the Republicans are going to ring the alarm bell on this, but sane Democrats who care about the future of this party have to speak up too, because a lot of this is being driven by eighteen to thirty nine year olds. They see it on TikTok, they see it on social media. No one reads beyond the headline. No one has any historical perspective or institutional knowledge. I mean, these ideas have been tried and failed everywhere around the world, and all that it would end up doing is setting us backwards and taking us That's not even to say that's just some the economics. We're not even talking about the dangerous public safety positions that this group has taken and these people are taken. And then layer into that the anti Semitism, which is the core of what holds the DSA together. Don't kid yourself. It's not affordability, it's anti semitism, and it's a hate for Israel. So, I mean, everybody has to come together. Really, we need to see the center left and the center right pull the country through this, or else we will go off a cliff.
Speaker 4: Melissa, do you see any leadership and in the Democratic Party that has the ability to stand up and has the courage to stand up.
Speaker 9: You know, we've seen a couple of people stick their head up. You know, We've seen Josh Gothheimer stand up. We've seen Shapiro stand up. Obviously, see my former boss Andrew Cuomo stand up.
Speaker 7: There are some.
Speaker 9: People who have stood up to this, but unfortunately it's the minority voices.
Speaker 7: Right now.
Speaker 9: We're seeing you know, Gavin Newsome running to the left, Kamala Harris running to the left. Even Rob Emmanuel, who I have a lot of respect for, flew to Israel to criticize Israel because he thinks he needs to do that in order to be a viable candidate. So it's yeah, it's it's And Rob em Manuel was in you know, was in the IDF. I don't know how many people know that, but he served in the IDF fir a stant So to see even him do that shows you where the politicians on the left they have to go in order to be viable. And we've got to start try to get some people together who can be just as loud as the crazies online to say this isn't actually where you need to go. We'll support you if you're seene and moderate and you actually work for working people and don't just put forth crazy ideas that sound good and are completely impossible and others that quite frankly, are dangerous.
Speaker 4: Lissa, keep fighting for common sense and we'll catch up with you again real soon.
Speaker 9: Sounds good. Guys, talk soon, And you.
Speaker 2: Guys, why don't we take a quick break, and then we have Stephen Fullop and also Professor Dershowitz right after.
Speaker 1: The break, common sense recap of a day's biggest stories. It's John Katzimadidi's and Rita Gosby Kats and Cosby on seventy seven WABC, and.
Speaker 2: We are back here on Kats and Cosby. Well, this is pretty stunning that Mayor Mundani's office. Well, it looks like they're launching a new war on New York City business leaders. They kicked off everybody that is on this mayoral committee. It is the Mayor's Fund to Advance New York City and it was big business leaders, fifty of them, all of them suddenly removed.
Speaker 3: And who raised an enormous amount of money for rgod causes to help this city.
Speaker 2: And then replaced it with some questionable folks.
Speaker 3: Well, how about a long shoreman and a high school teacher.
Speaker 2: It doesn't sound like they know much about.
Speaker 4: That raise a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah wow. So what does all this mean? Well, let's go to Steve in full Up. He is the President's CEO of the Partnership for New York City. And Steve, what do you make of this move?
Speaker 10: I mean, I think it's very short sighted, it's silly, it's a mistake, and it just reinforces a narrative that you know, he's trying to placate a political base and doesn't want to work with the business community. I think what John said is spot on. This group has raised millions of dollars in the city's most vulnerable of time. So COVID the post nine to eleven, and these are generous people and the mayor saying I don't want your money. It's kind of silly, but that's where we are.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you who are these people? Because the audience doesn't know who these people are and who appointed them originally and tell us about it.
Speaker 10: So look, it's it's some of the most prominent names in New York City, representing some of the most prominent corporations from you know, A City Bank to Blackstone to Tishman's Fire uh to.
Speaker 4: Root in that I mean the name you have on the New York City.
Speaker 10: Partnership, Well, these are it's names on the City Partnership. But it's bigger than that. I mean, these are people that for decades upon decades have been institutions in New York City and some of the most philanthropic people that you could possibly imagine.
Speaker 4: And who crushed the button in the city was it the mayor himself?
Speaker 10: Well, look, I mean these people got letters in the mail saying thank you for your service, So you know, it's just the strange way to kind of conduct business. I mean, I think that if you were looking to really raise money, you would still allow these people to participate because it's the mayor's discretion where these funds go. So the more dollars in that account, the better off to achieve his objectives. And these are people that just want to work with the mayor, regardless of whether it was Deblasio or Adams or Momdani. They're New Yorkers ultimately, So I mean, looky, I don't think it makes a lot of sense. John, I think most people who look at it rationally would say that it doesn't make a lot of sense. But here we are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the replacement Steve again is just shocking to me because, as Joge Weinberg was saying, it's along shoreman, who's the other one?
Speaker 4: High school teacher?
Speaker 3: I mean to have against long or high school teachers, But how do they contribute and raise that kind of money and understand business right the way these.
Speaker 4: Other people do. It's a whole different creative people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you make Yeah?
Speaker 10: I think I think, Look, I don't know the individuals that replaced them personally, but what I'll tell you is that you know, most of the time when people are involved in these boards and organizations, they tend to be naturally more generous because they're involved. And these are the people that control their own wallets, so it's not necessarily soliciting other people. These are huge influencers with huge networks, and the money ultimately went to the place that the mayor wanted it to go to. So like replacing those people and creating an extra step of fundraising is just counterintuitive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Craig, nothing from Craig.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, nothing because it's so preposterous you can't even talk about intelligently exactly.
Speaker 4: Is anybody talking to the mayor of restoring some of these people or common sense?
Speaker 10: I think that you know, the challenge with the mayor is that he's a super nice guy in person, is that you know, people want to get by on the performative stuff, and and the challenge is that, you know, there's a lot of times and places where you know, the business community feels that he's you know, publicly shaming them, publicizing names pr in front of them, and it's really about a campaign. This is a good example in the sense that you know, if you don't want somebody to participate in a board, you don't necessarily need to make a public narrative about it. You can have a conversation about it. And the truth of the matter is, there's no law that says the board has to be seven people, nine people, or fifty nine people. You could use your discretion and take everybody's money, which would seem like what's in the best interest of New York.
Speaker 4: Well, Steve Phillip, CEO of the New York City Partnership, the most powerful in New York City, and you and you have the three hundred most important people on your board. Thank you so much for coming on and keep us, keep us informed, and keep u on. New York Is informed in the doubless New York and go bless Mark.
Speaker 2: Thank you Steve, very much.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Now it's the top News of the day sponsored by Goya Foods.
Speaker 1: It's the top news of the day sponsored by Goya. Here's Rini Cosbi and.
Speaker 2: Here are some of the headlines. Guys for the big Goya headlines, and there are a number of ones today. First of all, a person has been arrested for arson as the wildfires in Spokane, Washington remain at zero percent containment. The fires also have forcunately sixty five thousand people from their homes and destroyed some seven hundred buildings. And this is interesting. Luigi Mangioni is asking a New York court to allow broader access to his upcoming state murder trial over the killing of United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson. His attorneys, Luigia Mangionies have filed emotion seeking to live stream the proceedings, arguing that the court should not limit access by selecting only a small group of reporters or denying an overflow court room feed. New York State typically does not, obviously, as a state, televise these kind of cases. We'll keep you posted. Obviously, a horrible case that happened there and everybody, we're going to take a break, and General Jackeen is coming up to give us the very latest on what's going on with Iran. It's up and down. We'll find out the very latest.
Speaker 1: Your commuting home with Kats and Cosby. Now here's John Katsimatidis and Rated Gosby on seventy seven WADC.
Speaker 4: Well we are back and well, I guess everything revolves a Brown, what's going on in Iran? And who better to have than General Jack Keane to give us a pulse of the situation. Well, General, what do you think?
Speaker 8: Well, a couple of things.
Speaker 11: Number one, the President actually has concluded that the Iranians are the most serious they've ever been since we went to the ceasefire on April the seventh, So he does believe there is a potential stop.
Speaker 4: General, the stock market went up almost a thousand points today.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I know, I saw that nine hundred and seven points. So uh, he believes there is a potential for a deal here.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 11: And I think if if it doesn't materialize, he'll go back to major combat operations, because he just days ago, you know, he said, these guys don't want to make a deal. Yeah, they're just playing us. So something happened and they're the appeal to him at the convince them that maybe this time they're serious. We'll know in a few days what the Iranian strategy, John and Rita has been. When when we went to the ceasefire on April of seventh, remember the reason for that is they shut down the straits of the Moves and on March the second, and oil prices and gas prices spiked as a result of it, and the mid terms were coming, and economic concerns and political concerns and alleviating those concerns became the objective, not the military objectives any longer, not that they still weren't important.
Speaker 8: They were, but these.
Speaker 11: Took position I in terms of trying to resolve it, and we thought that could get resolved. But we didn't get a deal with these guys until June the seventeenth, when the president to both presidents signed it. And what was the deal about. It was about the straits of the moves. It was the only deal in the MoU the memory of understanding, all the rest of it was up the negotiations, and then within days they violated the deal. Here's where I think the Iranians are really coming from. They believe that now I'm thinking from where they are, what are what we think of them? From where they're coming at this, And they think they've had the upper hand since they forced us to stop the war on April seventh. Their objective after that was not to make a deal, but to stall and drag out negotiations. So the closer it got to the midterms, and the more the oil prices and gas prices increased, the better opportunity for them and likelihood of more concessions if there was a deal. I think they still have that mindset, and what I'm hearing about the negotiations, the deal that's on the table the president will never accept in any event. I think what the Runians would like to do is extend the negotiations John and Rita here as supposed to try to finalize it in a couple of days. It remains to be seen where we are, but I think that's a fairly accurate description of where the Iranians are, and certainly where the president is. He's fed up, and if he doesn't get a deal here pretty soon, then he'll go back to major combat operations. That's kind of how I see it.
Speaker 4: I think I have I agree with everything you said that they're going to try to jerk around the whole system to get it closer to September and make and make them more desperate because of the election.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and another thing, I haven't discussed this much, but myself and the think tank Institute for Studying War come to the same conclusion that as we get closer as opposed to the Irani. Let's assume we don't get a deal and we're still in negotiations and we start to have some problems, the Iranians will likely get more aggressive, not less aggressive, because why because they think the closer you get to the November elections, the less likelihood the president would ever respond and go back to major combat operations, knowing that tank oil and gas prices would spike again and be spiked during the election, and they're assuming that President Trump would want no part of it. So that's also a little glimpse of where the Iranians are. And we have said from the beginning they don't want to give up the straits of a moves. It is a strategic asset. Now it exceeded all of their expectations. They got to stop war out of it, and number two, it affected the world economy beyond what they thought it would and it gives them leverage over the other countries in the region. So the likelihood they would truly give it up and meet all of President Trump's objectives pretty slim.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 2: Well, General Jack Keane keep us posted it sounds like the next few days will be very telling, at least in the short term. What happens if they get something on paper or not, and if they follow through with it, we'll see General Jackine, we love you, thank you.
Speaker 11: Very much, great talking about you.
Speaker 4: Thank you much too.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. And again, you guys are breaking news because Pole's closing soon.
Speaker 4: It's freaking news.
Speaker 2: WABC and Poles are going to be closing in just a few hours in Michigan and also Missouri and Michigan. All eyes on Michigan and joining us now is Tutor Dixon. She was the Republican Party's nominee for governor of Michigan in twenty twenty two. She was the party's first female nominee for governor and Tutor. It's great to have you here on Katz and Cosby. I haven't talked to you it to a while. It's wonderful. Where is What do you think's going to happen tonight? And how big of a sort of I guess a barometer is it the rest of the country.
Speaker 9: I mean, all science point to Abdul l Sayad winning the Democratic primary on the Senate side, and I think that this is a huge change for the Democratic Party across the country. You come into a swing state in the middle of the country like Michigan, and you nominate someone who has openly set has openly called for open borders, for abolishing ice, and proudly says he wants ice abolished, has proudly said that he wants the government to take over private businesses, that he doesn't think that the big tech businesses should be owned by individuals anymore, or have private ownership or even public ownership. It should be government, government ownership. I mean this, we're taught we're skipping right past socialism into communism here. He's called for defunding the military, he's called for defunding the police. These are the most radical stances we have seen come out of the Democrat Party, and not just one. We're talking about every possible ratico stance you could take. And he is right now leading, and we believe that he will win tonight, and that to me says a lot about where the Democrat Party is going in general.
Speaker 5: Craig Eon, you know, it's funny because all those things you just stated, it just sounds like what we're facing here in New York exactly the same issues. And it's not the same Democratic Party anymore. There is no Democratic partymore it's all socialism, and I don't know what's going to happen, but we need we need to take this seat back.
Speaker 9: And this is the thing that exactly I agree with you, exactly what is going to happen and what do we do to stop it? And how do we get out of our own way and start to really message to people and talk to people. I've watched what's happened in Michigan and I'm stunned by it. You'll hear them say we want money out of politics, but they have groups that are well funded that appear to be organic, but they're not. I promise you they're well funded. We just had somebody tweet yesterday, oh, a huge group of canvassers was from New York City into Detroit. Why because there's groups with big money behind these folks and they come in and they have just infiltrated the state. I've watched them put up tables in small towns and hand out signs and talk about getting free stuff, and they certainly don't tell you the scary side of that. But there is a massive amount of money behind this. When people say the DNC doesn't have money and we shouldn't be worried. I promise you it's other places. The money is there, it's just going into other organizations and they're educating people and Republicans are naive to that.
Speaker 4: Right now, they're sending people to every state as needed, and and a lot of foreign money, a lot of domestic money going to a jack campaign. And well, I hope you call in tonight that Rita's on again at ten o'clock tonight. I hope you call into RITA and you.
Speaker 2: Guys, yeah up, we'll connect afterwards. Dude it it'd be great to have you on later with all as the results come in. Thank you to so much. Thank you, and you guys, I understand calling in. Right now. We have Professor Alan Dershowitz.
Speaker 4: Well every Tuesday, Alan Deshowitz, professor well number one at Harvard for sixty years. Well, Professor Deshowitz, me and Richard Weinberg are here with you right now. Judge Weinberg, give us the things that bother you.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 3: Actually, something that made me feel very good today is a US District Court judge, based on the supremacy Clause, said that the State of New York could not ban mask wearing by federal law enforcement agencies, particularly ICE, and they could not be required to wear identification badges. And they did this on the supremacy clause because it's up to the federal government to regulate federal law enforcement, not states and localities. So, Alan, what do you think about that decision.
Speaker 12: Well, not only is it the right decision, but it's part of a big effort led by my full mccauleague, Glarry Tribe and others who have been saying the states ought to be taking far more action against the Trump administration and they ought to be invoking their powers, and it's really an attack on the supremacy clause. You know, I'm a scholar of the way the Constitution got to be written. I have a recent book on it called Founding Fathers and One Jewish Mother about the framing of our Constitution and the framing of Israel's Declaration of Independence. And the one thing you learn from that is that clearly the group that wanted the federal government to beat superior one helk and they prevailed. And the supremacy clause of the Constitution basically says to the states, no, no, no, you can't do anything to interfere with the federal government. If the federal government is operating within its proper.
Speaker 13: Sphere of influenza.
Speaker 12: And of course immigration is the paradigmatic federal power. You can't have separate immigration rules for New York.
Speaker 8: And New Jersey.
Speaker 12: You have to have one rule for immigration to the United States and one method of enforcing it. And so any effort by states to try to interfere with the federal government's right to enforce their immigration policies would be found unconstitutional. And I'm delighted this court did that.
Speaker 3: Well, let me ask you this. You also have a law passed by the state legislatures signed by the governor which bans cooperation agreements between the local authorities and federal authorities. Wouldn't the same reasoning appliance to violation supremacy clause?
Speaker 13: Absolutely, And you can't prevent local law.
Speaker 12: Enforcement agencies from cooperating with federal law enforcement. Federal law enforcement, to use a bad pun, Trump's state law enforcement and state law enforcement clearly has to follow a federal law. Look, you know there was a big debate over the Posse Commatatus Act a long time ago, and you know you can't make you can't force state officials to do things that violate state law. But you can't also, on the other hand, include state officials from cooperating with the federal government. That clearly violates the supremacy clause. And I think the Supreme Court would rule on that nine to nothing.
Speaker 3: And under this law that was passed, Professor Deschwitz, you're going to go after the local county executives and the local sheriffs for non compliance. How do you think that's going to turn out?
Speaker 13: Well, I'm happy to represent any pro.
Speaker 12: Bono if that happens to to give whatever advice I can give as a constitutional lawyer on their side.
Speaker 13: You know, you can do it. You can do anything.
Speaker 12: But it's lawless to imagine the implications of that for the South. Back in the nineteen fifties when I came of age, if there were laws in states like Mississippi and Alabama saying that the state officials can't cooperate with desegregation orders of the federal courts, we still have segregation. And you know, all the liberals were on the federal side of that one. And now suddenly with the Republicans in power, the liberals have changed and they're now all in favor of states rights. And if you know, the Democrats get back in power, they'll shift on a dime because they're utterly unprincipled. All they care about is which side wins laws rights. Yeah, it's all about ideology and it's all about partisanship. It's not about the law. And you know that really marks the end of any democracy when states can absolutely faunt what the federal Constitution or the federal statutes require of them. So we're on the right side of this very very important fight. And many of my old liberal friends, who no longer talked to me since I.
Speaker 13: Left the Democratic Party on the wrong side of this.
Speaker 12: They are on the segregationists deep South side of this. They could be citing Calhoun saying that states have a right to nullify and keep their slaves. But that issue was solved by the Civil War, that issue was solved by the thirteen fourteen fifteen amendments. That issue was solved even before that by the supremacy cause of the Constitution. And these so called academics are urging people to essentially violate the Constitution.
Speaker 13: And that's very dangerous for rememer.
Speaker 4: Professor John katsutit's I've been letting you to judges. The judge and the professor go at it. One last question, the effect is the Democratic Party, the Democratic Socialist Party held a convention in Chicago. I heard that the turnout was not that big, was a couple of one hundred people. How can a couple hundred people reign terror upon the rest of the Democratic Party and how are we going to solve that?
Speaker 13: Well, it's a really it's a really big problem, and we're going to see its manifestation perhaps.
Speaker 12: In Michigan tonight. When this radical anti American, anti Jewish, anti everything a candidate beats a very decent centrist Republican for the nomination, then all of our efforts have to be put on making sure that he's defeated in the in the general election.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for coming on today, and we'll catch up again.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Wow, great conversation, very interesting and important topic. In John we got a doctor Mark Siegel.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm glad he's on with us. Doctor Siegel, what subject? I mean, there's so many problems in the world, especially in medicine. Where where do we start?
Speaker 8: Well, I heard that you were appointed of an honorary professor. Now, and I say I believe that that's true, that that that your knowledge base is so substant Angel that we can come to you pretty much for anything.
Speaker 4: Well, I got to take those brain vitamins that I am on, and uh, doctor Peter put me on him, and I.
Speaker 2: See, I remember, see he remembers he remembered our name, Doctor Siegel.
Speaker 8: Who knew I also I showed doctor Peter at a synagogue the other day. It was unbelievable. I think the reason for that was just that Peter wanted a covering of his bald head. I think that's the only thing.
Speaker 4: I introduced him. And the Yama guy put on in respect kept falling off.
Speaker 8: Well that's he has. Yeah, you're supposed to have a clip on it, but he has nothing. A clip.
Speaker 2: Tracks the tricks the trick.
Speaker 4: So doctor, yeah, people not buying strawberries and not buying blueberries, tell us what the heck is going on?
Speaker 8: I wrote years ago in a in a book I had that was the bestseller before this latest miracles book. That book, I wrote that fear was the greatest virus around, and fear was more contagious than any other virus. And people actually lose track of that because we you know, that was my message, and then we suddenly had a monstrous pandemic, so it looked like, well, you know, downplaying things. But reality is that that this is thousands of cases and now that we have two deaths related to cyclospora.
Speaker 2: But that's the stomach. That's the stomach.
Speaker 8: I'm talking about the stomach bug now. So the stomach bug has now led the two deaths in Michigan. Both were imm compromised, both got really dehydrated. And now everybody's like, WHOA, what if I eat lettuce? And the answer is that if you get ahead of lettuce from a local grower or you buy it at one of Professor Cassimetid's stores, you're not going to have a problem. So the main thing is that that this is all the cyclo sport is all linked to taco bell to tailor farms, to Mexico go to mixing things in bags of lettuce, but it's not really linked to the ground. It's also not going to last much longer Rita because as the weather cools, which it's definitely going to do over the next couple of weeks, the cyclosport doesn't persist and it doesn't get beyond your intestine, and it takes weeks and it is definitely going to be limited.
Speaker 4: How about the fertilizers on people are complaining that organic strawberries they were putting, they were putting fertilizers on it or whatever.
Speaker 2: Pesticide pesticides.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well see that's another thing that's that's a big scare. And John wants me to point out that, you know, the pesticide scare. If we don't have pesticides, then we end up looking like Africa in terms of the diseases we get. So we can't have it both ways. There's definitely a pandemic of insects on our planet. And if we want to have crops that are that we can actually eat, we're gonna eat pesticides. So we have to be careful. You know where we throw our stones. You know that we should limit exposure. We should limit exposure, but we shouldn't. We shouldn't not realize the benefits.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, the one thing that came up is like apples or pears, we should we should eat the inside of the apple, inside of the pear. I mean, banana is a perfect thing. I mean it has a lot of insulation. You think that's better.
Speaker 8: Well, I think the problem with bananas and I actually like them. Is that they're very high carbohydrates, so it's a trade off, and I don't think that. I think apples are probably the healthiest thing you can absolutely get. And yes, how about remembering to wash them. That's not a bad thing. And we should be washing our fruit and vegetables really carefully.
Speaker 2: I have a banana question, actually, go and I'm looking question John. I remember John used to say, have like a like a little slice in the breakfast, like with yogurt or something like that. It's good to have some in moderation.
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think it's fine. I think it's fine. I think food is unbelievably good for you. I think berries are really jam packed with fiber and antioxidants. I think if you're going to go to the cats of a Titi's breakfast, you have to have the yogurt bowl. I don't I don't think you can eating these huge, huge eggs at well, wait a minute, what.
Speaker 4: About the late today on Saturday? Because Governor Hochel is getting near at nine o'clock? What about do.
Speaker 8: You remember do you remember when Governor Hokeel came to the movie that Katsamatides was in. Yeah, Marty, And if we needed an indication that time has passed to sit in a movie fitter and say, well, I haven't been in one of these in years, and all I've ever done is watch movie on my iPhone like everybody else, like the Zombie Generation. That's gen Z is the zombie gen Z for zombie generation, So all I uses my iPhone And then I'm in an actual movie theater loaded with popcorn, sitting there with the Governor of New York State, and we're waiting for the movie that the Cats of the Teas was brilliant and by the way, and all of a sudden, the thing doesn't work, the sound doesn't work. We're sitting there for an hour. The Governor sat there patiently, and that is because John is such a great host.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was having a good time.
Speaker 4: She's a very nice lady, and you know, we give a respect.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was good, doctor Segal, Thank you very much. We should get going.
Speaker 5: But this is I just hope you didn't have the butter with the popcorn, because I'm healing hearing really bad things about that these days.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but did you ever hear good things about Butter jokes, it's not real butter.
Speaker 7: Yeah, bad for that's bad for you.
Speaker 4: Well, in the movie studios, it might not be real butter, but real butter. Is we selling the super well yeah, I'm talking about the movie.
Speaker 2: All right, doctor Siga, we gotta go.
Speaker 4: We love you, I'll see you then.
Speaker 2: Get the yogurt bowl. Thanks so much, doctor, We love you, and you guys were gonna take a break and we're gonna talk to Randy Mastro about all these different issues with the second home tax. Everything is happening, rent freeze. There's a lot on the table here in New York.
Speaker 1: It's our common sense recap of the big stories. It's Cats and Cosby on seventy seven w WABC.
Speaker 2: And we are back here on Kats and Cosby and there is so much furer in New York and frustration over the second home tax, also lots of questions with the rent freeze. And joining us who better than former Deputy mayor and great attorney Randy Mastro. Randy your thoughts about First of all, we're all this is headed because I mean, are these things legal? Especially let's talk about the second home tax. They did extend it, but they send it out to everybody. People got docked, and a lot of them are saying these are not even legitimate.
Speaker 7: Well, it's absolutely insane that hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers got put on a list that the city's finance department published it's online today on its website. Their names, their addresses, their property values as quote related to the new surcharge, not related to the new church, just people who own homes. It's absolutely insane. But what happened from there was that seventeen thousand of the people on that list they got letters mailed notices that basically said, you may be subject to this surcharge unless you qualify for an exemption and prove to us that this surcharge doesn't apply to you. Now, that's not the way the law works. The state law that passed said the city has to make the initial determination and then give you a chance to appeal. The city didn't make any initial determination here. The city shifted the burden to homeowners and said, sorry, you better prove this surcharge, known as the pied tare a tax doesn't apply to you. You wonder how crazy this is. I got one of those notices. Oh wow, Mayor of New York City until December thirty one. But I got a letter from this administration that said I had to prove I don't you know that that's my primary residence. Okay, I had as a matter of law, I had to live in the city last year to be deputy mayor. Of course, the people in the Mondani administration know that I've lived in this city for forty years. I paid taxes in this city for forty years. I've lived at that address for more than a decade, and I was first Deputy Mayor and had to legally live in New York to be first Deputy Mayor as my primary residence. And they had the audacity to send me a notice. Just unbelievable.
Speaker 4: How many notices I heard different numbers. I heard that nine hundred and seventy five thousand notices were in correct.
Speaker 7: And that's that basically is basically virtually every homeowner, co op, condo owner in the city.
Speaker 14: And then that, and then they, and then they, and then and then they put the obligation on all of us nine hundred and seventy five people two thousands to say we were to prove that we're not guilty.
Speaker 3: Only if you got notice saying that you're in that zone of seventeen thousand, the.
Speaker 7: Ones that were we opened your mouth those letters. Judge, I'm sort over inclusive number because there aren't going to be seventeen thousand homes.
Speaker 4: Of course, that's right.
Speaker 7: You know, among the most valuable homes in New York City, do you think that seventeen thousand of them are basically vacant and rarely used because they're second homes?
Speaker 8: Not? Not so.
Speaker 7: The seventeen thousand is a grossly over inclusive number. Yet now people like myself, who anybody would know is a New Yorker and always has been all right, and had to be as first Deputy mayor, I got to prove that that's my primary residence. That's insane, Craig.
Speaker 4: Eaton, Randy.
Speaker 5: The bigger problem of hearing from my clients is that if you want to claim the exemption, you have to get to the end of the application online and you have to give them your address, your social Security number, you drive is life since number tax returns, so it's like a phishing expedition almost. But in order to claim the exemption, you have to upload all this information first, Otherwise you can't get to the end of the application online to say you're exempt.
Speaker 7: You are completely right, Craig, you got to it says in the notice that you know, I've got to my documents to back up what I say. That's things like when you tax return, I got to give this administration my tax return. Okay. They are already under this law, the state law, they have access to foo paid city taxes. That's city income taxes. That's what proves you're a city resident.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 7: They didn't need to do this. This is just outright harassment invasion that state law. Absolutely contrary to that state law.
Speaker 2: You know, Randy, how many do you think at the end of the day, do we have a sense of how many? Okay, it's nine and seventy five, then it comes down to the seventeen thousand, right, nine seventy five thousand to seventeen. How do we have a gauge of, like, how many at the end of the day really really probably are in that?
Speaker 7: Yes, we do. It's going to be about a.
Speaker 2: Third of that at seventeen a.
Speaker 7: Few thousand, not not ten thousand, not seventeen thousand, not nine hundred and seventy five.
Speaker 2: Thousand, And in the meantime, the fishing expedition, like Craig is talking about, all that information goes in there and it goes to the Mundani administration. Is that right?
Speaker 5: And you have all the information out there that anyone can have access to.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's shocking.
Speaker 4: I mean, well, well.
Speaker 7: Look look what they already did. Okay, virtually every homeowner in this city had their name, address, and property value posted online. It's still online. Why doesn't the Department of Finance take that list down? Since they've now been forced to admit it really isn't in any way, shape or form related to the searchcharge.
Speaker 3: Because it's warfare Randy's last warfare.
Speaker 7: There's something fundamentally wrong with the way this administration is conducting itself, and they have to be held accountable. That's why people have to stand up. They have to they have to stand up in protest, and many people did over the past week and a half. They expressed their outrage. So the Mundane administration had to backpedal, They had to extend deadlines, they had to admit that they had over included on their lists. I mean, but we have to fight back. The only way to make this administration follow the law is to take them on and challenge them.
Speaker 2: So do you anticipate obviously a lot of legal action coming their way. I mean, it sounds like there's a lot of things there.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, I don't say this lately. I already have several lawsuits against this administration, including the one over the rent trees, where the mayor, you know, basically he turned what's supposed to be an independent board making independent decisions based on data and legal standards, what rent increases landlords should be able to impose on rent stabilized departments. He basically turned it into a sham process with the predetermined outcome to deliver on a campaign promise. So of course we're in court there and we will be arguing that case on the Merits on August twenty first.
Speaker 2: Well, you got to keep us posted. Former first Deputy Mayor of New York, Randy Mastro such important issues. I mean, everybody is just shocked about all of these things, and it's affecting so many New Yorkers.
Speaker 4: Randy Mashow, thank you for everything you've done in New York to keep common sense going. And we'll catch up with you again real soon. Thanks Randy, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Randy.
Speaker 4: What do we stand for True God Bless America.
Speaker 15: Thanks for listening to Katz and Cosby with John Katzmatitis and read it Cosby. You can hear Kats and Cosby weekdays at five It's the five o'clock Show on seventy seven WABC. If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at wabcradio dot com and download the.
Speaker 2: WABC Radio app.
Speaker 15: Hit that subscribe button on all major podcast platforms. Plus, follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder what the heck is going on here