Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to k if I am six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. I read this article this morning. The headline was you really shouldn't sleep on your stomach. I always sleep on my stomach all the time, and me too. I was mentioning that I'm my back is all stiff, and part of it's just like, am I old?
Speaker 2: Is this?
Speaker 3: What is it all happening?
Speaker 2: Yes, the beginning of the end.
Speaker 1: But they said that one of the problems with sleeping on your stomach is that's what happens.
Speaker 3: You get really stiff.
Speaker 1: All the things that are connected to your spine get screwed up. But you sleep that way, and I just don't know if I could fall asleep not on my stomach.
Speaker 2: Is that the same one?
Speaker 4: I not read the same one, but mine came with tips on how to train yourself to sleep on your back, and it sounds awful.
Speaker 1: I didn't get that far. You'll have to tell me when we get to it. But isn't that how baby's sleep on your on their stomach? I don't no, then they suffocate?
Speaker 2: Did my babies sleep on their stomach? No, no, not at first.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I feel they did it was old enough, they were old enough to do it themselves.
Speaker 3: But I've always slept on my stomach.
Speaker 1: I feel like, I don't know, sleeping on your back just seems so like you're just.
Speaker 3: Supposed to lie here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I bet you're a giant horker too. A horker.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: What's a horker? Someone who snores like that making horks sound.
Speaker 1: No, but yeah, if you sleep on your back, you're a horker, right, you got to turn on your side.
Speaker 3: I guess you can sleep on your side. Is that okay?
Speaker 4: I don't know, because on the side you're jacking up your shoulder, and if you sleep on your left side, you're putting more pressure on your heart.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: We're basically killing ourselves every time we go to something.
Speaker 2: It's time for swamp watch.
Speaker 5: I'm a politician, which means I'm a cheat and a liar, and when I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing that lollipox here. We got the real problem is that our leaders are done.
Speaker 3: The other side never quits.
Speaker 4: So what I'm not going anywhere?
Speaker 5: So that is how you.
Speaker 2: Train the squat I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by.
Speaker 3: What has been.
Speaker 2: You know, avans have always been gone. They're not stupid.
Speaker 4: A political flunder is when a politician actually tells the truth.
Speaker 2: Have the people voted for you were nap watch they're all counter on.
Speaker 3: Uh there, I saw this item today.
Speaker 1: Taxpayers calling the I R S for help processing their taxes this filing season may find it harder than normal to get someone on the phone.
Speaker 3: Number one. Have you ever called the I R S? Number two? Have you ever repeat called the I R S? Like it's it's harder than usual to get the I R S on the phone.
Speaker 2: Those other times?
Speaker 4: Yeah, come on, I mean I wouldn't. Well, I've called the franchise taxport. I've called the state version of it, but that also took multiple hours of waiting.
Speaker 3: Most of us roll the dice, write the check, or wait for the money to roll in. See what happens, all right?
Speaker 4: So China has suspended exports of a bunch of critical minerals and magnets in the latest salvo of what is shaping up to be a pretty significant trade war between the United States and our biggest trading partner in China one of our biggest trading partners. And when you think of the critical minerals and rare earth magnets, you think to yourself, well, who even uses those things?
Speaker 3: Computer?
Speaker 2: Everybody?
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody, cars everything.
Speaker 4: There are six heavy rare earth metals which are refined entirely in China, and rare earth magnets, almost all of which are produced in China. And these metals and the special magnets that are made with them now have to have a special export license if you're going to be able to get it out of China. And for some of those corporations industries that rely on them, think automakers and computer makers and things like that, we're talking at least a forty five day process. That's a conservative estimate as to how long it's going to take, because as of right now, China hasn't even set up a system for issuing these special export licenses for these very important minerals. They said, if Detroit, I mean Detroit in the informal sense, Detroit auto manufacturers run out of rare earth magnets that could prevent them from making cars and other projects products with electric motors that require the magnets.
Speaker 3: So I've got a question.
Speaker 1: We had a global chip shortage that lasted pandemic to I don't know, a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: We knew it existed.
Speaker 1: Yes, there was some backlog, but everything was fine, right, I mean maybe we in the midst of it.
Speaker 4: Neither one of us bought I don't think anything that was going to raise a big ticket item that was going to require those types of things in it. You got your truck, for example, after most of the supply chain issues with chips was solved.
Speaker 1: So I just don't remember people running around with their heads on fire in the streets over the chip shortage. Is this going to be similar or it.
Speaker 4: Depends on what we have Listen, I don't know if we learned our lesson from that. I don't know if there is a stockpile of chips or rare earth minerals that we have that we keep on hand in the event that something like this happens. Michael silver As, chairman, chief executive of American Elements, a chemical supplier based here in LA said his company has been told it's going to take forty five days before export licenses would even be issued and exports of those rare earth metals and magnets would resume. He said that his company had increased its inventory last winter. That's good news in anticipation of a trade war, that right now we could meet the existing contracts while waiting for some of those licenses to fall into place and get some of that stuff over here.
Speaker 1: This is one of those things that causes very minimal economic pain in China. These are the kinds of things that China can do to cause a massive problem here, but cause themselves relatively small amounts of pain. Rare earth magnets make up a tiny share of China's overall exports to the US and elsewhere.
Speaker 3: Ps.
Speaker 1: If you're thinking, well, let's just go get the China rare earth stuff from somewhere else, use a middleman. Chinese customs officials are also blocking exports of the heavy rare earth minerals and magnets, metals, whatever, not just to the US but to.
Speaker 3: Any country right including Japan and Germany.
Speaker 2: So we're stuck here.
Speaker 4: One of the big questions is, in the broader sense of this ongoing trade war, burgeoning trade war between the United States and China, is who it does have the upper hand, because in this instance it appears that China has the upper hand because they have This means very little to them, but it means a lot to us. And all they have to do is choke off that supply and it's going to have a bigger impact on us. Does do we have products that go the other way?
Speaker 2: Sure? But do we have the willingness?
Speaker 4: Does our nation have the willingness to take some of that temporary pain in order to have some sort of a better trade deal with China down the road?
Speaker 2: And I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: So this measuring contest, as we've referred to it many times, will continue.
Speaker 1: Just released part of a lengthy investigation report into the last emails and internet searches done by Gene Hackman's wife. We'll tell you what she was looking for in the days and moments leading up to their deaths.
Speaker 2: House traps, rat traps. Apparently their place was infested.
Speaker 3: Oh really yeah, Oh that's unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Which would explain why she died from hunting.
Speaker 3: I found a spider in my kitchen this morning. That's how it begins.
Speaker 4: That is not a perfect day for you.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: They're doing a bunch of announcements of places where the Olympics events are going to take place. If you saw Trestle's part of the Santa No Fray State Beach is going to be where surfing takes place for the Olympics in twenty eight that's cool.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 4: Dodger Stadium, they're going to do baseball there, that's cool.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 4: The squash competition will take place on the Universal Studios lot. I don't know if they have a lot of squash facilities and Universal Studios, but.
Speaker 2: That's just an odd place for it to be.
Speaker 4: Authorities have released a pretty lengthy investigation detailing some of the emails and internet searches done by Betsy Arakawa, that's Gene Hackman's wife, just in the days right before her death. She knew she was sick. She had been searching for things like information on flu like symptoms and breathing techniques. She died, of course, of the hauntavirus pulmonary syndrome. This is a rodent born disease that can lead to a range of symptoms, including those few.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say how long did she have these symptoms for?
Speaker 4: They haven't said it, just the timeline that they give is the days before her death. She had mentioned in an email a review of the open bookmarks on her computer February eighth and the morning of February twelfth, indicated that she was researching medical conditions. She thought she was looking into COVID. She was looking at flu related symptoms, questions about whether COVID could cause dizziness and nosebleeds. She'd also mentioned in an email to her masseuse that Gene Hackman, her husband, woke up on the eleventh with flu or cold like symptoms, but that the COVID test was negative and she would have to reschedule her appointment out of an abundance of caution.
Speaker 3: What day do they think she died?
Speaker 2: Now? That was let's see, so that was February twelfth.
Speaker 1: They were found on February twenty sixth, and I do believe that because of the partial mummification, they believe that she was dead for a week, which puts out at the nineteenth. It mean she was suffering from these symptoms for about a week.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 4: They believe that he died on the eighteenth, and that she died on the twelfth.
Speaker 2: So this would have been.
Speaker 3: The day the day she died.
Speaker 4: The last search was the morning of February twelfth, the day that they believe she died. For a healthcare provider in Santa Fe.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, if wow, it's for the trip to the urgent care, you know, if you're feeling the symptoms of anything.
Speaker 2: But it's remember once.
Speaker 4: Some of the stories that have come out about them is that they were very very private. Yes, And I don't know if that's I mean, I don't know if anybody in Santa Fe would have only.
Speaker 1: Sixty one, sixty two something like that, so like you wouldn't think, oh, I'm near death.
Speaker 3: That's just like yeah, COVID or the flu or something like that.
Speaker 2: She was sixty five.
Speaker 4: An environmental assessment of the property took place on March fifth, and they said that there were a lot of rodents. They said that rodent feces, a live rodent, a dead rodent, a nest in three different garages, in addition to droppings and two small external houses and three sheds. Traps had been set up. But they said that there were sightings of rodents and nests and feces in two abandoned vehicles or farming machinery on the ground, So they were all over the place, these rodents, and they may have known about it. But where the couple lived, the house itself was clean with no signs of rodent activity. But again, if she was out there taking care of stuff, if she's out there cleaning stuff out, that's how it gets when you start moving that stuff around, That's how it.
Speaker 2: Gets airborne, and that's how it causes so many problems.
Speaker 3: Oh Man.
Speaker 4: Medical investigators believe that she had this hauntavirus, which, of course, like we said, is a lung condition. The symptoms do include things like fatigue and fever and sore aches, dizziness, abdominal issues, but that it can lead to a sudden death. So even if she felt just flew like symptoms or thought maybe she had COVID, that death itself came pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: Wow, what a blessing, I mean not to I don't know how long or how a bout the suffering was, but it seems like she thought she had COVID or the flu.
Speaker 4: And then I'll remember she died on the bathroom floor in what look I mean.
Speaker 2: They said that there were open pill bottles around her.
Speaker 4: Like she had gone into the bathroom to take medicine of some kind and just collapse at that point.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Now I have a cough.
Speaker 3: Like now, I was just wondering if you have any rats. I've got rats at my house.
Speaker 4: I have a terrier, so I don't have rats at my house. I mean, it's not a guarantee, yeah, but that is his job.
Speaker 1: And then I had that spider this morning, so I'm real touch and go. I don't know if I'm going to make that meeting.
Speaker 2: What is that why this morning?
Speaker 1: Well, it could be a sign that I have the haunt of virus. It's just dormant right now. I don't need I don't know if I should go and infect people.
Speaker 4: I'm more concerned about bats around my house lately.
Speaker 1: I've got those too, so I might have a double dose and I could be dead.
Speaker 4: By which is exactly when the meeting starts.
Speaker 3: Seriously, though, I shouldn't talk about this on the air.
Speaker 2: Which about what, but I'm going to say it. We have a meeting.
Speaker 1: We have a meeting with like hundred people in West Hollywood where there's no parking, like what I mean, we may not make the meeting because we're circling for an hour and a half.
Speaker 3: And dying of haunted virus. Would they the same time?
Speaker 2: Would they fail for us?
Speaker 3: They don't even know who we are.
Speaker 2: Well, I know that thing. I mean, that's the part of.
Speaker 3: It is why I'm advocating for the Irish Hello.
Speaker 2: No, we're not doing that.
Speaker 1: It's like you don't even have to say hello and say Irish goodbye. You don't say goodbye Irish Hello, you don't say hello, you just don't.
Speaker 2: Don't go. That's great. We're gonna need so much trouble. I'm next sleep it on your stomach.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, So you've got to how to guide because I I've thought about this. I've thought to myself, it's probably not great that I sleep on my stomach all the time. And now you know, getting old got some makes and pains, back shoulders, all that, and then this article so it says basically it makes you more injury prone if you do work out. It stiffens up all the things connected to the spine.
Speaker 2: I don't necessarily agree with all this, and I'll tell you why.
Speaker 3: You also get chest wrinkles.
Speaker 1: I totally get that because I sleep with the bra too.
Speaker 3: You too, Yeah, well with yours.
Speaker 1: You got to because those girls will wander in.
Speaker 2: The night knock somebody out.
Speaker 4: Also take an ideas for our next next episode of the Weekend Fixed.
Speaker 5: Good Morning, garyan Shannon for a Saturday's Bone Extra bonus podcast.
Speaker 2: I would like to know more about your spouses.
Speaker 4: Maybe you could interview sure they love that and play that on a Saturday show.
Speaker 3: It would be quite interesting, husband to punch me right in the face.
Speaker 2: Really, not really, but proverbially.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI Am six.
Speaker 4: A bunch of stories that were following include the fact that another day of jury selection today for Harvey Weinstein's sex crime retrial. Three accusers in total are going to confront him at a trial set to last a little bit.
Speaker 2: More than a month.
Speaker 4: Two of these women, Mimi Hailey and Jessica Man, will take the stand again to describe how they were assaulted by this guy. A third woman, who has not yet been publicly identified, is expected to testify that she forced her that he forced her into sex at a hotel back in two thousand and six. There was an awful story out of Van Eyes yesterday, a woman accused of killing her seven year old daughter in a van Ey's apartment. Apparently struggled with mental health, did mom this? Stepfather of the seven year old said that Mom had passive bipolar disorder and the depression of potentially being unable to become a legal resident.
Speaker 2: All of this drove her to do what she did. Man, she said, I'm sure she was out of her mind when she attacked the girl.
Speaker 3: Bipolar disorder. What a freaking mystery of a puzzle that one is.
Speaker 1: You know, someone can appear to be completely functional and totally fine, and then the next day it's a different story.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, I can't even imagine living with.
Speaker 2: That on this day.
Speaker 4: By the way, seventy eight years ago, seventy eight years ago, Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in bait Major League Baseball. So today all players, all coaches, all umpires, they all wear the number forty two in Dodger blue, regardless of their regular uniform colors. Also, players, managers, coaches, umpires, they'll also wear a number forty two patch on the sides of their hats.
Speaker 1: Headline out of the New York magazine, You really shouldn't sleep on your stomach. According to doctor of physical therapy and a clinical director at Fysycle, Jimmy Paja Sfar says stomach sleeping can play strain on the neck and lower back because the position challenges the natural curvature of a healthy spine.
Speaker 3: That kind of makes sense, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Your spine's natural curves are essential to supporting the rest of your body structure.
Speaker 4: Then why is it so comfortable? Why do so many people do it if it's so bad for us?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but they say, essentially, sleeping on your stomach flattens and compresses your spine, and that can cause discomfort, stillness, muscle strain, potentially even numbness or tingling, even in the short term.
Speaker 3: I think it goes back to the fact that it's comforting.
Speaker 2: How I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it's because we did it as kids, slept on our stomach.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you had to if okay, imagine that you had to take a nap here.
Speaker 1: Whenever I take a nap, I immediately crawl onto my stomach, and I think.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't on this floor. I mean you would do this on a heart surface. I would, I would, Okay, you don't have to be mad about it.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm thinking about a nap now, and because of this gen meeting, there will be no naps.
Speaker 3: Say no nap, no naps, and no doors.
Speaker 4: Here's there was an interesting thing that I saw about how this affects you.
Speaker 2: I am also a stomach sleeper.
Speaker 4: They said that the risk to the neck and the hips is important because if you sleep on your stomach, you have to turn your head to the side. Right, unless you're sleeping on a massage table, you have to turn your head to the side, which puts strain on your neck. You turn, it tightens one side of your neck and the other one gets stressed. The other thing is if you rest on your stomach, oftentimes you kick.
Speaker 2: That one leg out right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, like this, I do that and I do that with my That's probably why I have hip issues.
Speaker 2: Bryan totally agree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because one side is this, I'll do that one side is tighter than the other, and I'll try to sleep on the other side and leave the stretchy.
Speaker 3: Side on the one that You're right, And how does that work out?
Speaker 2: Not great?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I go back to you know, I'm unconscious, do.
Speaker 3: You you also?
Speaker 1: Can you also hear or feel the cracking of various joints and things when you move around.
Speaker 4: I'm not that old. Oh oh, I'm sorry you you can hear that.
Speaker 3: I feel like it sounds like I'm trying to think of something.
Speaker 2: That people dropping boulders into a creek.
Speaker 3: No, there's no water involved.
Speaker 2: I don't know yet, but it's like a subdued thunk.
Speaker 3: It's just like a cracking. It's like that exists. Hey, where are the tips? I don't see any tips.
Speaker 4: So they've said tips, different pillows. Maybe maybe you do a body pillow. They say that they make something called an anti snoring pillow where you would lay on your back and it keeps your head from like flopping one way or the other. There's others that are body pillows. It's that if you're trying to stop sleeping on your stomach, start by moving to your side first. But to do that you have to be careful about compressing your shoulder joint too much. So they make body pillows.
Speaker 3: There's all my fat can't just rest on this shoulder?
Speaker 2: No, are you kidding?
Speaker 3: It's not used to that kind of heft.
Speaker 1: So you're saying, if I was hugging a body pillow. The pillow would absorb some of the weight.
Speaker 4: It's not necessarily that it absorbs the weight, although it does put your body in a better position to take the weight. It's also that it comforts the front side of your body because you're looking for something.
Speaker 3: Well, you have stuffed animals for this.
Speaker 1: I know you're a big proponent of stuffed animals in the bed as a.
Speaker 2: Big fluffy crocodile. You just seven tall crocodile.
Speaker 3: Yes, you hold on to croc right.
Speaker 2: Uh, crock key, crocky.
Speaker 3: I don't need to know everything.
Speaker 2: They said.
Speaker 4: If you're going to do that, the problem is you have to keep your head, neck and spine in alignment if you're sleeping on your side, which made matter get multiple pillows crazy to keep your head. And then they said retraining your brain.
Speaker 3: I thought about that, actually is.
Speaker 2: As weighted blankets.
Speaker 1: And how morning I thought about that about two in the morning when I woke up and I thought I should sleep.
Speaker 2: On I wake yourself up.
Speaker 3: I'm not a horker to use your word. I think you made that word.
Speaker 1: Up just now, by the way, anything about me. And I thought, I will try and sleep on my back. I will just think to myself, there's no other way you can fall asleep except for.
Speaker 3: On your back, and it didn't work, and then you went I didn't hork.
Speaker 2: I disagree that.
Speaker 4: They said that you could use a weighted blanket that tends to make your body relax and.
Speaker 2: Maybe be more accepting of the sleeping on your back. But I don't think that works for me.
Speaker 3: I waited blanket.
Speaker 1: I do too, but I had to stop sleeping with one because I couldn't get out from under it. It was too heavy and with all my cracking bones, it was a real chore and I felt trapped.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: They did say that just doing a little bit at a time, going to bed and consciously deciding that you're going to lay on your back until you fall asleep, and then letting your body determine the best.
Speaker 3: Maybe I should get a.
Speaker 1: Little haunt to virus because getting older with me is going to be a whole situation.
Speaker 2: Don't look at me.
Speaker 1: I think it's bad at this point.
Speaker 3: Don't look at me. I ain't doing it.
Speaker 1: You're contractually obligated to do it at this.
Speaker 4: Point, just for the here, and that's it, right, Yeah, I don't have to walk you down the stairs I don't have to do any of that stuff.
Speaker 1: You're the only one, and I talked to you about all my ailments. You think anybody else has a stomach for this.
Speaker 2: I don't like that burden.
Speaker 3: What are we doing?
Speaker 2: This is a good story.
Speaker 4: Okay, the underlying current of sadness, but it is a good story, and it's very different than the Michelle Williams story about I know I'm going to die, so I'm going to have sex with everybody. This is a guy who says I know I'm going to die, but I'm going to do something that.
Speaker 3: Wasn't what it was about.
Speaker 4: What it's about, But keep telling me it's about No, I never said that.
Speaker 3: That's what you think because you jumped to conclusions.
Speaker 2: I read the logline.
Speaker 1: She didn't have a thing with anybody, so she wanted to achieve that she wasn't setting out to have sex with a.
Speaker 3: Bunch of people.
Speaker 2: But she did.
Speaker 3: She You don't know that.
Speaker 2: I do know that.
Speaker 1: Did you watch the show it's like two hundred guys. No, that wasn't it. That was a different show. That was a different show.
Speaker 2: You were watcher.
Speaker 3: She slept with like three guys, and that whole freaking show. Oh but the whole No, that was the poorn we were watching.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Anyway, guy who We'll clean it up and it's better, trust me. Weekend Fix is the Saturday edition of our podcast that we do. You don't hear any other part of it. The stuff here on Saturday is brand new. Let us know what you would like us to cover on the Saturday None of what we just said, but anything you'd like us to cover, let us know on the talkback feature on the iHeart app.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: The original story in the series, she may not do it, but the true story that it's based on. The woman claims that she had more than two hundred text partners after she was diagnosed.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, that was in in the show. Are you did you look up the show or did you look up the porn?
Speaker 4: Didn't look up either one of those. Then the woman's name Molly Coke, Cocaine co Chan. Do you know the characters?
Speaker 3: I do not know.
Speaker 2: Anyway, that's what it's based on.
Speaker 3: Two hundred That seems like a lot, you think, Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Now you know why I was That's why they trimmed it down to three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was not in the show.
Speaker 2: All right, here's a good story, but not good story. I mean it's a.
Speaker 3: Hundred over what period of time.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It doesn't even matter, does it. It doesn't even matter.
Speaker 2: That's quite a list regardless.
Speaker 4: A guy named Doug Rooke, after learning he got prostate cancer and that the diagnosis was terminal, goes back to his apartment in San Antonio, Texas, and he said that one of his biggest regrets in life was that he felt like he was constantly focused on himself and not enough on others.
Speaker 2: Doctors had given him some between a year and eighteen months.
Speaker 3: And how many people do he have sex with?
Speaker 2: Zero? I mean, I don't know one.
Speaker 4: Doug, fifty five years old, considered helping Hurricane Helen victims in North Carolina, or maybe coming out here and helping people recovering from the wildfires, but that wasn't enough, and he set a goal over the course of his last twelve to eighteen months of life of volunteering in all fifty states and the District of Columbia. Before he goes he had spent most of his life on cancer treatments, so he decided he was going to launch a fundraiser and hope that others would help him achieve his wish. He received enough money to start his own journey, so he packed all of his things into his car and he headed north. And since then again this is January that he learned that his cancer was terminal. Since January, he's volunteered at food pantries, food banks, soup care centers, hospitality who houses, and other charity organizations in about a dozen states. And it's now driving southeast from Seattle. He said he hopes to raise at least forty two thousand dollars in reach every state by the fall. And he said getting attention for all this is slightly uncomfortable, but kind of has to do it if he's going to raise all this money. He said told The Washington Post, I don't want to be some pseudo celebrity, because I'm not. I'm just a guy that needed to balance the scales and do some good in his life. He said that the terminal diagnosis quickly put his life into perspective. And he said, but the volunteering is not all selfless, because studies have shown over and over again that people who volunteer can get a boost of self esteem, they can feel more connected to other people, they can experience less depression, which is what he's working on. And he really hadn't volunteered much before this year. He's undergone external beam radiation therapy. He spent about eighty grand on treatment. Scans showed that his cancer had spread to his liver and a bone in his right leg. So the doctor said, you got two options. You do chemo and maybe live for two years, or you don't do anything, and you got eighteen months, which we talked about yesterday, just in terms of how you make decisions like that, end of life decisions. Do you do eighteen months of relatively good health and ability or you do two years worth of or a chemo which is going to knock you down pretty significantly right away, and then try to live another six months beyond the original diagnosis.
Speaker 1: This is supposed to be a good story, and it's not leaving me feeling.
Speaker 3: Go back to that.
Speaker 2: He started a project called Dying to Serve.
Speaker 3: Sounds again like it should be uplifting.
Speaker 4: But not solidified. After he saw that they don't name was available on Go Daddy, You're making it worse started to GoFundMe that he shared on social media. He raised thousands of dollars.
Speaker 3: So it's a scam then, not a scam.
Speaker 4: He signed up for shifts through just Serve and Volunteer Match and other organizations of the chair his opportunities. Moved out of his apartment last month and put everything he had in his red twenty seventeen Chevy Malibu that he names flash clothes, suitcases, backpacks, laptop, blanket, pillows, massage gun to soothe his leg pains, energy drinks. So he said he will fly to Alaska and Hawaii to get there so that he can check off every one of those fifty states before he gets called back to the great Chevy Malibu in the sky.
Speaker 1: All right, we've got a potential school shooting to keep our eye on.
Speaker 2: Sorry, okay, yeah, tell me the better news. Then, how is this going to go?
Speaker 1: This is outside of Dallas or inside of Dallas. Wilmer Hutchins High School police responding. Huge police presence right now on campus there as you can imagine, ambulances, fire trucks, students seen walking away from campus. Not a lot of hysteria that you've seen. No word yet on injuries, again very early on. This is in Dallas, Wilmer Hutchins High School, just a reported school shooting at the moment. Is this chase still going on? Do you guys have eyes on a chase? Do we have any local stations where you can pull that up?
Speaker 3: Now? Apparently CHP pursuing a suspect in a silver Sedan on the four five.
Speaker 4: In the Long Beach area. We'll find it, then, You're damn right, we'll find it. One teenager shot at the Wilmer Hutchins High School. According to WFAA, the television station there in Dallas. Teenager shot in the leg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whenever you see kids kind of calmly walking away, it's a good sign.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, not for the kid that was shot, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: All Right, we'll cover both of these stories and more coming up in the big twelve o'clock hour.
Speaker 2: Gary and Shannon will sure I lost everything. It's all the words stopped.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the Haunt of virus. Gary and Shannon will continue right after this. You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap