Speaker 1: Five four on this beautiful Thursday, Happy Thursday to you all. I got to start off on a somber note here, Gene Hackman. I got this over the newsmark about around four o'clock this morning. Two time Oscar winner and author Gene Hackman and his wife, classical pianist Betsy Arakawa, have been found dead in their home in Santa Fe Summit community northeast of the city of Santa Fe, New Mexico. Officials confirmed just after midnight Thursday the couple had died, along with their dog. Already said no immediate indication of foul play. However, they did not provide a cause of death or say what the couple may have died.
Speaker 2: Just a shocking story.
Speaker 1: Something you just don't normally seem to or think that you're going to read. And then of course, you know, you start thinking in terms of the actor and his body of work and the stuff that you've seen him in, and uh, it's just it's just sad. And of course there'll be a full investigation, and I guess we'll find out what happened. I'm gonna I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess carbon monoxide poisoning, but you never know. Also, if you check your if you check my Facebook page, you'll.
Speaker 2: Know that I am in today.
Speaker 1: And I always put that out there in terms of who my guests are going to be, and today was no different. It's kind of funny. I gotta tell a little bit of a story. Maybe a little bit later on. But at seven o'clock, we've got Phil Flynn, he's seen your market analysts with Price Futures Group, author of the Energy Report, and we're gonna be talking about He's a contributor Fox Business Network. Let me test discussing wide range of economic issues. He's a commodities broker and very well versed in the energy markets. And of course he's talking about the economy and talk about he's the author of the Energy Report, so we'll talk about it's very very well versed in politics too, and I just love reading his Energy Report every morning that I do when I do the America Struck A Network show. Also, we've got seven twenty five, seven thirty ish, we've got Kevin Richardson. I was turned on to him by a mutual friend. He is senior director of Regional Advancement at Sunrise Children's Services, they're going to have a summit, a first meeting in March where it's to start addressing and try to do something about human trafficking and some of the things that he was telling we were talking about yesterday. Setting this interview up just kind of frightening and something that you wouldn't expect in this area to the numbers and the extent that he was talking about. Then at eight thirty we're going to be talking as representative some Animatics Kentucky State representative. She's from the sixty first district. She's going to give us an update on this year's legislative session down in Frankfurt, and there's been a lot of activity down there, so it's going to be interesting to talk to her and find out what the heck is going on down there. I haven't been paying as much attention to Kentucky or at least what's going on in the legislature down there this year like I normally do. This has just been kind of a crazy, well not crazy year, but I mean, you know, doing the America's Truck a network show, and with all the regulations that are kind of being wiped out, some of the optimism that has come in as far as the trucking industry is concerned, all the energy news that we've been seeing over the last few weeks, and then of course roll backing, the rollback of a lot of these regulations that for years have been plaguing the trucking industry. And it's just trying to keep track of what's going on in Washington, and then of course as far as the other national issues in terms war in Ukraine and how that's affecting the world economy, how that has affected the prices of different things, and it's just been crazy. So I haven't really had a whole lot of time to pay attention down state, So Savannah will catch us up on that. I'm looking forward to talking to her. She's always a great person to talk to and always got a lot of knowledge, and I always like to hear how many people she's upsetting down there.
Speaker 2: One of the things we.
Speaker 1: Want to talk about today is did you see And we'll talk about this a little later maybe I actually I want to backtrack here.
Speaker 2: I'm going to talk about yesterday.
Speaker 1: You know, Joe called me a few weeks ago and told me Brian was going to be off today, and I suspect you know, I'm looking at the calendar and I guess National Chili Day and Brian being off, I mean, can we read anything into that. Maybe he's out there and first in line to get that breakfast chili, you know, and then maybe the launch chili, then afternoon chili and so on. But anyway, I got the phone call and I started, you know, calling some people and trying to set up interviews and stuff. Weird that some people were busy, some people weren't able to be available, and then all of a sudden yesterday, well I had Phil Flynn set up last week, but then all of a sudden yesterday I started getting all these phone calls from people and saying, well, this guy can't make it, but can you talk to this guy or how about talking to this person? So I must have been on the phone for about an hour and a half yesterday, and this was at like six o'clock at night, and I'm thinking, well, I'm sitting here putting together the program for the day and kind of a synopsis of who I'm going to be talking to or not talking.
Speaker 2: To, so to speak.
Speaker 1: And it was just incredible and just a whole bunch. And it always seems that way. And I don't know if it's like that in your life, but where you know, you set a date and you know something's going to happen. You know, you know you've got something planned, and then all of a sudden, that week or that day, there's like three other things that get put on the calendar or that are available on anything. Well, why couldn't this been tomorrow or couldn't have been yesterday? I would have liked to have attended that, or I've liked to have done this or that or the other thing. And it all seems that it's always and it never ceases to amaze me how something will come up and you plan ahead and you say, okay, this is going to happen on this date, and so we're going to be ready for it, and then all of a sudden, four other things pop on the radar screen. So yesterday was no different. I got kind of a pleasant surprise. I should say that talking to some of the people and getting future contacts for future shows and so on, so that part is not bad at all. But one of the things that I want to talk about today and I think we're going to do that maybe in the six six o'clock hour as much as I appreciate and as much as I enjoy what's going on in Washington right now with the cutting. And I got to tell you that when I look back on the number of presidents that I've lived through, the presidential administrations that I've lived through throughout my life, I look back at the Reagan administration, and I thought there was going to be all this. I mean, there was a lot of change. There was a tremendous amount of change, and there was a lot of optimism, and the economy was doing well. But there were some things that didn't get done, some things that got done that I wish hadn't gotten done, and so there were some things left on the table, so to speak. And then of course you had George W. Bush, George H. W. Bush, he came into office, and then that was not as good as I had anticipated it to be. And then we got stuck with Bill Clinton. And then of course when George W. Bush, and honestly, I thought when George W. Bush and Dick Cheney came into office, two supposed conservatives, Dick Cheney being more conservative than at the time, I can remember everybody talking about that Dick Cheney brings a certain level of GRAVI toss to the administration. I was expecting big changes and a lot of stuff going on, a boost in the economy, and some things that I wanted, as from a conservative stature, to have happen.
Speaker 2: And of course, well, what you know, nine to eleven happened.
Speaker 1: And then of course the War on Terror, which in retrospect it was it's weird that how that transpired. And as you look back on that now, it seems as though that there was a lot of people in that administration, John Bolton for one, and I guess to a certain extent Dick Cheney that was part of this military industrial complex that figured that hey, you know, we got these weapons, we might as well use them. We might as well play with the new toys, and got us involved in some conflicts that at first sounded like it was a good idea, but the way it dragged on and dragged on and didn't give us the results that I would have expected and had anticipated to have happened. And then you know, of course, you know what else has gone on. But this time around with Trump and the way that they are going in with Doge and the way they're going in and looking under the hood and looking at all the different waste fraud and abuse that we have been talking about. I mean, every year, if rand Paul comes up with that Festivest report, the OMB or what the Inspector General, I think it is every year they come up with their analysis of waste fraud and abuse and the government and all they would have to do is follow that blueprint, cut out those programs, eliminate that spending, and we wouldn't be in the deficits.
Speaker 2: That we are today. But year after year they.
Speaker 1: Keep getting funded, they keep pushing off these budget crisis things, the signing of the budget, signing of the spending bills, and as Thomas Massey has pointed out on this program numerous times, the fact that these bills should be broken up into nine individual bills and for whatever they're funding, fund that part of the government and get it over with, get it done. Quits c you know, cramming everything into all this pork and all these extra bills, extra goodies and everything that gets put into these things. Because with the bill that size, I don't think there's any one of these senators or congressman, with the exception of Thomas Massey, that actually reads these bills and sees what's in them. And that's why you see so many times Thomas Massey voting no on a lot of bills that you would think, well, hell, the name of the bill seems to be more conservative than anything else. But hidden in the weeds is all this weird spending and stuff. Ran Paul's the same way. So I'm very happy with the voting record of my Kentucky delegation, but it makes you want to pull your hair out, and I really don't have enough. I don't have that much hair to spare that you expect the fiscal responsibility and we just haven't gotten that in the past. And what I am seeing in this first month of the Trump administration is just absolutely astounding. Though the press can't keep up with it, the liberals can't keep up with it. It's difficult for us who are on the team and people that have been pushing for this to keep up with what's going on and going down the list of stories a day after day after day, and some of the just the amount of abuse that we've seen in our federal system. And I applaud that, But the one thing that they've talked about that I'm not big in favor of and I'm going to be some pushback on that, and I hope we can push back. They want to eliminate the penny, and that may seem weird to people and say, oh, well, you know, what they've been talking about is that it costs three cents to make the penny, and that just seems like it's something that should be cut out. But there's more to it than that, and we're going to be talking about it probably in the six o'clock hours, so anyway. Phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eighty two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two, five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station, run a business and.
Speaker 2: Five point twenty in the morning.
Speaker 1: Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRS the talk station. Phone numbers again, five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three Talk one eight hundred eighty two three eight two, five five pound, five point fifty at and T wireless phone. I saw this story the other day and I thought it was a joke. I thought it was a prank. I thought there's no way in hell that this would be a thing. And then I saw the video and I heard some people online actually talking about it and saying that yes, it did in fact work for them. And it's this what they A new term that I heard that I had never heard before. It's called phonetic overlap. Anybody out there ever heard that phrase? Yeah, well, phonetic overlap. This came out because Apple phones dictation transcribes racist with Trump. So when somebody is voicing, you know, as you're doing your voice on your on your phone, sending a text and you put in trump, it shows racist for a second and then changes it to trump. You know how when you're doing your phone and you're saying something and you look at the word that it's it's putting in there, and you're like, where the hell did that word come from? And then it changes to the word that you wanted. And then sometimes in no matter however you pronounce the word, uh, they'll pick it up as something else. A case in point, there is an organization called Wreaths across America, and every time I talk about that organization and then give the tagline to you know, you can look at the iHeart app to get their shows and it's Reese across America and the word is reath and then I spell that out. But if I voice that into the phone, no matter how I try to pronounce that, it comes out as like Reese Reese's buttercup or something along those lines. And you know, this technology and no matter how hard you try to pronounce some of these words, they come up and you wonder where the heck this comes from. But this, this is just absolutely incredible. Over the last several days, the bug has gained traction on various social networks, including TikTok. In one video TikTok, you can see a iPhone user using the built in dictation feature and clearly says the word racist, only for the iPhone to momentarily transcribe it as trump. And then in times they put in I believe, and then the word racist comes up and then changes or maybe it's just I'm going to go through this because when I was watching and I saw the video of it, but they talk about this phonetic overlap and so you would think that if you put the word romp rumble something like that, that maybe Trump would come up. But where is the phonetic connection between racist and Trump? Those words don't even sound alike. And this reminds me of back. You remember during the campaign where they had that video of Siri or Alexis rather and it says, Alexis, should I vote for? Or what can you tell me about? Donald Trump? And you know, in the Alexis voice, it's, well, you know, we don't really get into polity. It's hard to say about different candidates, and so I really don't have anything to say. And then immediately followed up with well, what can you tell us about should I vote for Kamala Harris? And then there was all this, well, you know, she's a flat first black woman to and she's got several accomplishments behind her and so on. And every time this happens, every time there is a screw up like this, isn't it amazing that it only goes one way? It's always anti conservative, it's always anti Trump, or it's something along those lines.
Speaker 2: And they put in the article.
Speaker 1: And they said that there was just a glitch and again trying to call it a phonetic overlap given the fact that and then you know, one of the iPhone people are one of the former members of the serie team and Apple still a regular contact with the team, says the issue began after an update of Apple servers. This guy by the name of John Burkey. Burkie is skeptical of phonetic overlap excuse and smells like a serious prank. Now prank or not, this is not something that somebody should be doing on the job. I don't care what funny thing they think they're trying to pull. And this is the thing that bothers me the most about AI technology because on AI technology, it's only as good as the input and I it's if it's crap in, there's going to be crap out. And so if you're trying to get this AI technology to learn certain things and you're gaming the system, it's not going to give you the right letter, it's not going to give you the right information. And we've seen this how the pushing down on Google and you're looking at conservative stories, how they have been deplatformed or pushed down further on the page. You got to go two or three pages deep, and to get the conservative take on things, and you see, you know, the censorship on social media that we've gone through. Some of it's going better, but again, when you have these algorithms in there that look for certain words and they pull them out, Uh, it's just ridiculous. Phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KR. See the talk station.
Speaker 4: It's like we're living in.
Speaker 1: Five thirty in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KR. See the talk station. Uh, some local headlines that were covering for you this morning. Ohio bill would ban ticket arrest quotas for law enforcement. Now wait a minute, why is this eat? Why why do you need a bill for this? If you talk to any law enforcement agency, I don't care whether the City of Cincinnati, the State Highway Patrol, they don't have quotas. They no way. I mean I can remember back in the late nineties. I have a friend. You got folks are familiar with the Debbie Gardner. She did that Survive Institute and into the protecting women and how they can protect themselves. She and her husband became very good We became very good friends. And he was a Cincinnti police officer. So we're talking back in the nineties and he used to talk about how he used to get in trouble because they would say, hey, did you lose your ticket book or is there something wrong?
Speaker 2: And he goes, well, what do you mean.
Speaker 1: He goes, well, you haven't written a ticket in about a year and a half. And he'd say, well, you know, most of the time I try to at least give a warning or something along those lines. And they said, well, you know you're not You're not playing by the rules. You're not playing the game. And every time when you ever question these people, and I've questioned our county police department at fiscal court meetings about this, I've questioned different law enforcement people and they say, no, there's no such thing as a quota. We don't have quotas. What we do are we are encouraged to have citizen contacts. Well, what's the well citizen contact and the only proof that you have a citizen contact a certain number of citizen contacts per month, week whatever is by the number of tickets that you've written. You don't have a quota of tickets. You just have a quota of citizen contacts. And I can remember years ago digging into the City of Cincinnati budget and every year year after you know this, you've heard this City of Cincinnati talks about having budget deficits and they need to break this up. And you go through the budget and a line item in their budget was something like seven we're talking probably fifteen twenty years ago, but a line item for seven million dollars a year for traffic tickets. Now, tell me that's I mean, if you've got a budget item there, you've got to meet that and the only way you're going to meet that is if you're writing tickets. So it was obvious there, But I find this interesting. Ohio bill would ban ticket arrest quotas for law enforcement. High lawmakers are pushing for bipartisan legislation that would eliminate ticket and arrest quotas for law enforcement agencies. State represented on Wednesday introduced House Bill one thirty one, would make such quotas illegal. According to Representative Bride Rose Sweeney, a Democrat from Westlake, Ohio. In Ohio, is completely legal for us to mandate a police officer to go out every single day on taxpayer time to produce ten to twenty tickets. Hur remarks came during the discussion of emphasizing the bills in ten to restore integrity within the law enforcement areas. Ken Cobra, president of Fraternal Order of Police Queens City Lodge sixty nine, express support of the bill and said it would impact smaller departments and villages in townships. Now, what you know in Ohio, if you get a traffic ticket, a lot of that money I forget what the percentage is, but it was something like eighty percent goes to the municipality or to the local community and twenty percent goes to the state. In Kentucky it's the opposite. Only about twenty percent goes to the individual city and the majority goes down state. So there's really not that incentive for these local law enforcement agencies to be writing tickets. Now in northern Kentucky, there have always been these different areas where people know that there are various speed traps that the cops always just sit by and they just can't wait to write tickets and so on. But those are few and far between because there's really no incentive for them on them from the mayor or for whomever to boost up the number of tickets written because they really don't profit by it. But in the city of Cincinnati and Ohio, yes, that's big money for them. And when you put that on a line item, that is something that you have to attain. That is something that you've got to work for. You don't put something in the budget you know that should just be extra income and that should be part of the extra well, extra income or other income is something that you don't depend on as far as you're running of your city. But when that is a specific line item for traffic tickets, that tells you everything you need to know. And this is you know, hope, hopefully this bill will gets some legs and they actually get it passed, because to have quotas just for the sake of writing tickets or whatever, I mean, when you go down the road, you can see any number of places where cops can just sit there and write ten, fifteen, twenty tickets in an hour based on the number of people. But is it a dangerous area, is it traffic whatever? There's whole kind of things. Maybe we'll talk about this a little bit if anybody calls in about it. Uh five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eighty two three Talk one, eight hundred eighty two three eight two, five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KR. See the talk station.
Speaker 2: Five forty in the morning.
Speaker 1: Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KR. See the talk station phone numbers five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eighty two three Talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two, five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Speaking of the phones, let's talk to Bill. Bill fifty five KR. See how are you this morning? Welcome to the program.
Speaker 5: Good morning, and thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 2: My pleasure.
Speaker 6: What all do respect?
Speaker 5: I mean, I know the policeman and it takes a special kind of person wake up in mornings and go do what they do. God bless them. Oh yeah, but I don't agree that they say they ain't no quotas. I agree, I disagree with them. And one thing I did notice through this journey of life. I mean I was a teenager. I got pulled over, you know, being a teenager. But the thing is, I'm through this journey. I'm sixty two now, and I noticed. I noticed this. I don't know if anybody else had to, but they pulled over the nice cars and like I got, you know, a couple of junker trucks and they ain't the hell, they ain't got no money, they ain't gonna get to give me a ticket. Really, I notice, man's notice out there people. They pulled over the nice cars and these people, you know they got family in there.
Speaker 6: You know, these cars to go five or ten miles over the.
Speaker 1: That's not been my experience.
Speaker 2: I would. You know, I've seen cars pull over.
Speaker 1: Well you know when you know they all always look for I mean there's that you know, you you look for a small violation that winds up leading to a bigger violation, like if somebody's missing a headlight, or if a broken tail light, or if the light's not reflecting on their license plate or the license plate is bent or something like that. They invented reason to pull somebody over, and a lot of times they'll find some other contraband or drugs or something like that. But I would think with the older car, well, I don't know, that's a that's a very good question. I have to We'll have to throw that out to the audience and kind of do an informal poll.
Speaker 5: Here if you notice that I've noticed, I've noticed a lot of things. And you know, like I said, I mean, you hardly aber see and pull over road.
Speaker 4: You're locky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well here it is here, it is all along. I kept thinking, with my two thousand and one camera that has two hundred and ninety thousand miles on it, that the reason they didn't pull it over is the recognized the license plate and said, I don't want to stay in court six months with this guy because he fights everything that we talk about. Maybe it's because I got to maybe because it's an older car.
Speaker 5: And these people man, because you know, they got a family, they got their life. Well just you know, they get the ticket, they just send it in thinking well I could fight this because this ain't right, pay.
Speaker 1: The thing and move on with their life.
Speaker 5: But I mean it, I just noticed that glad I got to be Joe opper truck two of them because all my life's work, and they ain't going to pull me over. I probably look like I'm pulled, like I'm barely got gash in the truck. You take care of God bless you.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Bill. That was a great folk call.
Speaker 1: I thank you. I appreciate that. That is an interesting observation. I'm trying to think as I'm driving down the road, what cars I notice being pulled over? Now, now I noticed that. You know, this is of course we got to talk about pre pandemic. But going back to the times when I'd come up here to the station, I mean, obviously, you come up to the station at the four o'clock in the morning or well actually three o'clock in the morning and thereabouts, and you're not going to see much traffic at all. But going back home, I would always see on seventy one where they had the motorcycle patrol vehicle, and they'd always try to nail people in rush hour, which I thought was kind of weird. But I guess after nine o'clock you would expect rush hour to be over because during rush hour there shouldn't be much speeding because for crying out loud, you're lucky to get up to the speed limit sometimes, but going back home, I'd always notice cars pulled over on either side of either northbound or southbound on seventy one. But I never really paid much attention to the cars. And that's interesting. I'm going at the under that one. That's that's interesting because I do notice on Route twenty seven in northern Kentucky, which is you know, in Campbell County where I live, You'll see around, you know, around the freeway, you'll see, you know, people coming off the freeway continuing to speed because it goes it goes from sixty five miles an hour down to fifty five miles an hour, forty five miles an hour, and then thirty five miles an hour once you get to the end of four seventy one there, and you'll see people pulled over. And then you'll see a stretch of highway on twenty seven where it kind of opens up. And if you don't pay attention because of the hills, that if you start going down that hill, you can very easily be doing fifty five miles an hour in a forty mile an hour zone before you even know it. And so a lot of times I'll see people pulled over there. But it seems to me more that they're interested in checking younger people because there always seems to be like three or four cars and two or three people outside the call while they're searching the car or something along those lines. But it would be interesting. What's been your experience getting pulled over by the police? Five one, three, seven four nine fifty five hundred one, eight hundred and eighty two three talk one eight hundred eighty two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five krs.
Speaker 2: The talk station, John says, don't bove the nine first morning forecast.
Speaker 1: During morning rush hower today, we're going to see rain moving out, cold front moving in loa forty two uh this afternoon. Some sun's going to be cooking through, but then showers pick up later on. This afternoon high of fifty one uh LOA thirty one tonight, high of fifty seven tomorrow with part of the cloudis guys and a low of thirty four right now forty seven degrees thirty five kr. See the talk talk station. Chuck Ingram has traffic.
Speaker 7: From the UC up Traffic Center. Around forty percent of cancers are preventable. Lifestyle change in screenings can make a difference. Called five one, three, five eighty five uc C seed. Highways are doing fine this morning. I'm not seeing any problems at all on the highways, even with some wet roads. Northbound seventy five, northbound fourth seventy one both good coming across the bridges. There's an accident on Kenwood near Wetzell. Chuck Ingraham fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Five point fifty in the morning, Kevin Gordon and for Brian Thomas.
Speaker 2: Fifty five kr.
Speaker 1: See the talk station phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eighty two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone coming up in the six o'clock hour. I am going to be doing the defense of the penny and very much encourage you to get your thoughts together and talk to me about that.
Speaker 2: Are you in.
Speaker 1: Favor of this uh doze idea that they wanted to drop the penny, that it costs three cents per to make the penny, so it's a money loser. Are they being penny wise pound foolish?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: Let's see, Well, I'll tell you what I'm gonna have. I'm gonna toss my two cents worth in at the top of the hour. But anyway, that was an interesting phone call from Bill, and I've been racking my brain trying to think about just exactly what we I've experienced out on the highway, because we had this story at the bottom of the hour about a Senate bill or a bill in front of the Ohio Legislature banning the House Bill one one to ban police officers or law enforcement agencies to have a quota system.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: And then of course we talked a little bit about earlier in the hour and more I dig into this and this idea that on the new or on the iPhone there for a little while, apparently after an upgrade and Apple upgrade, and by the way, it seems like every time they do an Apple upgrade, I try I try to avoid it as long as possible because it always gets kind of funky with my phone and certain things and certain features don't work right, having trouble connecting with Bluetooth and some of the other stuff. But apparently after a recent upgrade at a start of appearing that if you put in the word if you were voicing the word racist for a second, Trump would come up and then would go away and correct it to racist or back to racist. And so it's interesting to see the way that that happened. And one of these former tech had originally been on the SERY team. This John Burkie, former member of the Sery team, said that it smells like a serious prank. But then The New York Times jumped in and says that they said that, wow, I'm sorry. First of all, the Walls Journal talked about it and said that maybe it had something to do with the r consonant that temporarily replaced with Trump, including rampant or rampage, which would seem to me that words that you would think would be derogatory towards Trump. New York Times cleverly omits the fact that in other words like rampage trigger the glitch, not just racist, which again they try to give some credence to the whole idea phone of phonetic overlap. Phonetic overlap, my friends, is two words that sound alike, not two words that are just because they have an r in It just unbelievable that again the people and some of these tech companies are still out there doing stuff that what they think is a prank, but is somehow trying to instill in people's mind a thought that really doesn't need to be there, and buying into this whole new narrative from the left. When again, if you look at the left, if you look at the Democratic Party, it's just go on down the line. The Democratic Party has always been the party of races, and it goes back to back during the Civil War. I mean, they were the Party of slavery, Party of Jim Crow, the Black Codes, all that, and so many of their members, Dixiecrats and beyond, were all part of the Democratic Party. So again them trying to throw some shade on Republicans as being racist, they want to turn the mirror around and look at themselves. So again, anyway, so coming up, we're gonna talk about the penny. What are your thoughts on the penny? Should we get rid of it, should we continue it? What should we do with it?
Speaker 2: Seven four nine.
Speaker 1: Five one three seven four nine fifty five one eight hundred A two three talk one eight hundred A two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone Kevin Gordon and for Brian Tomas fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 4: Covering Trump's first one hundred days.
Speaker 1: Every day, promise is made, Promises kept.
Speaker 6: Fifty five krs the talk station get any gold.
Speaker 4: See hey R.
Speaker 1: Five minutes after six o'clock on this beautiful Thursday morning. Oh rainy out there, but the temperatures are nice, and it was a very nice trip up here this morning. And it's one of those days where the temperature is just very pleasant and very nice day. So just be careful out on the roads because they might be a little bit slick. I want to talk about one of the things that one of the few things I disagree with this administration, the Trump administration, and the whole doge boys and the bulldozers, the dozers that i'd like to refer to them. I agree with going in and doing cost cutting. I agree with going in and getting rid of waste, fraud and abuse, making things more efficient and everything along those lines. As a recovering accountant, and I've talked about this before, I am not what you consider a typical accountant. I am not one of these bean counters. I don't look at something and say, okay, here is the cost and then here is the direct benefit. To see that if you've got a particular cost, that you're recouping that as well or a profit off of that. I look at things in terms of the whole picture. As an example, one of my clients years ago, they had restaurant chain. They had five or six restaurants. They were losing money or at least break even with one of their restaurants, and they said, well, we're just going to close it down. I said, well, wait a minute, here have you thought how have you thought this through? Because number one, with six different restaurants, you're going to get a certain volume discount that you might lose as a result of not having this volume, which would then add more costs to your other stores. You have a back office where you do the accounting, you do the financial, you do the bill paying all of that, and you have the overhead for the management, the people that go around and inspect the restaurants and all of that stuff. And so that cost currently is being spread out over six different units. When you break that down to then five units, that increases the cost per store, and then all of a sudden you have one of those stores not performing well, and what do you do get rid of that to the point where you don't have any stores. The main thing is to go in and boost that store up, find out why the sales aren't there, find out why it isn't as profitable to the others, and try to fix it. That's a little bit harder than just saying, oh, we're just going to cut that expense. And when they look at this the penny that they say that, oh, it costs three cents to do the penny and people go, well, yeah, pennies are nothing. I mean, I don't take anything about that, and no way, Yeah, let's get it rid of it.
Speaker 4: And the more.
Speaker 1: And when these things are talked about, it puts in people's brains that oh, yes, this should be done without actually looking at the entire big picture of things and how this would actually affect the economy, how this affects the individual consumer, and what it does to the overall stability of things. And you would think, my goodness, Kevin, it's just a penny. Well, you know, I'm going to throw my two cents worth in it and talk about this. I think that those and talking about doing this is when you look at it is penny wise and pound foolish. And of course I would like a penny for your thoughts if you want to call in and talk about this. Eric code five one three seven nine fifty five hundred one hundred A two three talk one eight hundred A two three eight two five five pound five point fifty on that AT and T wireless phone. Now, when you look at the cost of producing a penny, there's there's all kinds of different studies about that and what that does to the economy. First, consumers benefit with low denomination a coin because it keeps prices in check.
Speaker 2: You remember all the.
Speaker 1: Stores if you ever saw that movie office space where this group of people that were disgruntled with this company that they were working for, a tech company, that they changed the program to where they'd round off these sets and put them in a bank account for them and they would siphon that off and how much that that got them and they were shocked because I think they moved the decimal one way or the other. But back in the early days of computers, when they do these different transactions and then have these things where there'd be fractions of pennies. Somebody went in and ch change the code there to the point where that percentage of a penny or half a percent or tenth of a penny would go into an accountant and then they would steal that money, and that wound up when they actually found out about it was millions of dollars that had cost this particular company. About that and the programming of different businesses are that in their software currently. Obviously, a business wants to make the most money, so if their transactions are a certain dollar amount and pennies, those are generally rounded up. They're never rounded down. And this is funny that this came up because this past Friday, my wife and I went down to Louisville for the day because America's Struck a network. There's a truck show down there in March, and we wanted to get a layer of the land because my wife is coming down with me and she wanted to make sure that she knew how to drive around the area, get downtown and so on. So we were doing a dry run so that you felt comfortable getting on and off the freeway because there, I mean, I'll tell you what, it's a little tricky down there. But anyway, I was standing, we were looking. We went to the hotel, you know, made sure that we had the room reservation and everything, made sure we were going to be on the third floor, which is not a lot better. And we were just walking around the hallways and the guy that was doing the he was doing a vending machine at the time, and apparently they were reprogramming it, and he goes, well, he goes, he's on the phone, he's on the speakerphone, and he goes. He goes, well, he says, I think this comes up to where it's going to be actually, you know, like twelve cents or something like that, So I'll just want round that down. And the guy on the other end goes, why would you do that? Just round it up to the next nickel. It's like, okay, this profitence centive is there, and so these numbers aren't going to be rounded down.
Speaker 2: So if you get a.
Speaker 1: Penny, you know, you know, whatever your transaction is, oh one sense, they're gonna round that up to a nickel and then you're going to be losing four cents per transaction on these transactions, and it adds up over time. It may be just a small amount to you at this particular point in time, but overall that is going to be affecting the economy. And what do they do as far as well, we'll get to this, But secondly, there are polls that have been done based on this over the.
Speaker 2: Years and the average on this.
Speaker 1: Now again, as they keep pushing this and keep talking about just one portion of the argument that has cost three cents to make a penny, then of course people are gonna be thinking, we'll shoot, yeah, let's get rid of the penny. But in the past, whenever they've talked about this, they've said, you know, are people in favor of getting rid of the penny? The numbers have been like sixty six percent of thems that have been pulled say no, keep the penny. Third, the penny elimination doesn't save money. In fact, the government costs will increase without the penny. First of all, a lot of is going to be hurting consumers, Penn State economist Ray Lombra said recently, and the Georgetown fellow Robert Shapiro showed that consumers would be hit with a multi billion dollar rounding tax without the penny, multi billion dollar tax. So you know your four cents here, three cents here, two cents here. Over the course of the year adds up. And then you compound that by the number of people that are doing that, and it adds up tremendously, courting the Federal Reserve. According to Federal Reserve studies, people who use more cash frequently with higher let me see, people with relatively low incomes, particularly young, elderly, and minorities use cash more frequently and individuals with higher incomes. Years ago, I owned some liquor stores in northern Kentucky, this back in the early nineties, and part of the business there was cashing checks and trying to figure out, you know, making sure that we could you know, cash the checks for the customers so that they would then.
Speaker 2: Be able to buy.
Speaker 1: And I found at the time, and I was shocked, And the numbers still hold true today. The twenty percent of the American public out there do not have a checking account. They don't deal with banks, and so they still get their paycheck and they have to cash it somewhere, and so then they take that money and they go around and buy money orders and pay their bills. But they just for some reason don't trust banks, and so you've got people that depend on cash. And then secondly, the fact that if you're rounding these up and you know, a couple of cents here and couple of cents there, that's going to affect minorities and if you uh, and the elderly and the very young because of something like sixty percent of transactions under ten dollars is done by cash and not done by a credit card. And of course, when you start seeing some of these credit card fees being tacked on to the transactions that you're doing at the store, that then adds up to because if you look at those transactions, how many people look at those transactions and say, well, okay, if they're going to charge me, you know, three and a half percent on this purchase, then well maybe I'll just pay cash for it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: But again we'll pick this up. Phone numbers five one three, your thoughts, A penny for your thoughts if you will, seven, five one three, seven four nine fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eighty two three talk one eight hundred eighty two three eight two five five pound five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five k see the talk station. Good morning weather for nine first warning forecast. I should say today during morning rush hour, rain moves out by morning rush hour.
Speaker 2: Let's see, we're gonna have a little.
Speaker 1: Forty two sun is going to be poking through, be a little breezy.
Speaker 2: Afternoon showers are possible.
Speaker 1: High a fifty one jumpsters continue to drop tonight thirty one, tomorrow high fifty seven and a low of thirty four.
Speaker 2: Right now forty seven.
Speaker 1: Degrees fifty five k see detalk station Chuck Ingram has traffic.
Speaker 7: From the UCL Traffic Center. Around forty percent of cancers are preventable. Lifestyle changes and screenings can make a difference. Called five one three five eighty five U see see see. Highways continue to look good this morning with no accidents to deal with. No delays either southbound two seventy five still little k pants the Lawrence burd Ramp in Bend seventy four less than ten minutes between two to seventy five at the cold rain split to the seventy five ramp. Chuck Ingram month fifty five k R see the talk station.
Speaker 2: Six twenty in the morning.
Speaker 1: Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five k see the talk station phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty at and T wireless phone and defense of the penny. Before we get to the I think we've got a phone caller up there. I'm gonna get to that in a second. You know, when they start talking about the penny, and they keep making the point that it costs three cents to make the penny, you're losing two cents on each transaction. Well, if you get rid of the penny, you're gonna be you're gonna be minting more nickels. And if you look at the cost of that round, the using the nickel will actually lead to higher production costs. It costs thirteen point five cents to make the nickel, So you're gonna do away with the and then make more nichols and then lose eight cents instead of three cents on the coins. It just doesn't make any sense. Let's go to the phones. Let's talk to Kirk. Kirk fifty five k s. You're on the air. Thanks for calling. I certainly appreciate it.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Kevin. How you doing.
Speaker 6: I called it.
Speaker 8: I just called to say hi. I don't know if you remember me or not. My son and I sat down with.
Speaker 4: You last summer.
Speaker 8: Yes, and uh he uh he. I told him you were gonna be on the radio this morning. He said, well, call him tell him. I said, Hi.
Speaker 2: He just uh, well, high back to you.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: It's been a huge inspiration to to not only him, but to myself.
Speaker 9: He uh.
Speaker 8: He actually ran for the youth chair for the Boone County gop real last Saturday.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, he lost. He lost, but but you know, the the important thing is that he's involved and and we're involved and and so uh yeah, he just he went when he when I told him that you were philling in for Brian today, he said, we'll call him up till I said hi, and uh so it. He has not made a decision yet whether he's going to go to UK or n k U, but I think he's going to lean towards NKU because he's a mama's boy.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, like keeping him around the house and that type of thing. But yeah, now, dude, I think n k U they they they do have some on campus housing and they do have some dorms there, but I don't know how. I know they closed a couple of them down. But you guys live close enough that he could commute.
Speaker 2: But uh yeah, I will.
Speaker 1: Say from a personal nature, I would the college experience is something that is extremely fun and by being on campus you really get the full college experience. Going to Xavier, there were some people that commuted and they never really felt connected to the university or connect to the student body there. But by being on campus and living there, it gives you that at that dose of reality. I mean the first week in the dormitory. I mean back then, I mean, for crying out, we didn't have the many refrigerators. You had the meal plan, you had the three meals a day, and anything that you could have like bags of chips and stuff. But you didn't have hot plates. You didn't have this that some of these dormitories have. And it was it was a shock the first couple of weeks thinking, you know, being at home, you you know, eleven o'clock at night and oh, I'm gonna go to the fridge, I'm gonna have a sandwich or I'm gonna have this, and Oh wait a minute, that isn't there.
Speaker 2: So uh, living on your own, learning.
Speaker 1: How to maintain your hours and and a little bit of discipline in terms of studying I think is very good.
Speaker 8: But I think he's waiting a gear back from the Air Force Society because his great grandfather, his grandfather, his great uncle were all career Air Force. I was the only Marine in the family. So he's waiting to hear back from the Marine Corps League on whether he's going to get any kind of grand money from the from the Marines.
Speaker 4: But fantastic, Sorry.
Speaker 8: He'll yeah, sorry, he'll get some He'll get some schooling money from the Air Force. But so getting a hear back from that if he if he gets a decent grant from the Air Force, he'll probably go to UK if he if the only people hears from his the Marines, he'll probably go to the n k U.
Speaker 1: All right, cool, well, Kirk, it was great talking to you. Thank you so much for calling.
Speaker 10: I thanks again, keep doing, keep fighting the good fighting, and hopefully hopefully on the next cycle around Shane will win his election and uh, then you can interview him on the radio.
Speaker 1: There you go, there you go, Well tell him I said Hi. Tell Shane, I said, Hi. It was great meeting you guys, and it was a lot of fun, all right, take care. Yeah, Wow, that was a blast. I mean because I met him as a result of being on the air and we got in contact. We went and had some dinner and stuff and talked and it was really great time, but very interesting. And again getting back to the penny here, you know, and the whole nine yards here. With the cost of thirteen point eight cents to make a nickel, that is certainly not going to help the economy or help the treasury that much because you're going to be spending more money. And then of course you got the situation. We'll talk about this in a little while, talking about how much charities depend on pennies, and that this cashless society, in my opinion, this is a travel down the slippery slope in terms of a cashless society. I think we've got time to squeeze in a phone call here before the news. Let's talk to Mike, Mike fifty five. Care, see you're on the air. Thanks for calling.
Speaker 6: Actually real quick about the penny.
Speaker 11: Instead of getting rid of it, why don't we just stop making them for a while there's gotta be billions of them out.
Speaker 2: There, would you say just stop making them for a while.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean they constantly make coins.
Speaker 6: I mean I've been to the Minton DC. It's like constantly making money.
Speaker 8: I'm like, there's so much cash and so much so many pennies that.
Speaker 11: They why don't we take a break from making them for a little bit and just use what's out there?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, unfortunately a lot of people, uh, and we hear this from time to time, how many people are hoarding pennies and for some reason, it's one of those things that they like filling those uh water cooler jars with and see how many they can collect and all that. So there's a lot of pennies out of circulation. But uh, Mike appreciate the phone call. And I just realized that I missed a break there, but I better get to it. Five one eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound five point fifty at and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five care see the talk station.
Speaker 4: The countdown is one.
Speaker 1: The nine first warning forecast. UH this morning rush hour rain, moving out by the end of the rush hour. Look for a low of forty two. But then this afternoon we got a little peak of sun a little bit, but then uh showers come back in the afternoon. High a fifty five tonight low of thirty one. Tomorrow partley cloudy, a high of fifty seven and a low of thirty four. Right now forty seven degrees fifty five k see detalk station and Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 7: How is traffic from the UCL Traffic Center. Around forty percent of cancers are preventable. Lifestyle changes and screenings can make a difference called five one three five eighty five U see see see highways continue to look good this morning with no accidents to deal with.
Speaker 4: No delays either Sat.
Speaker 7: Bend two seventy five still low k pants the Lawrence Perg Ramp in Bend seventy four less than ten minutes between two to seventy five at the cold rings split to the seventy five ramp.
Speaker 4: Chuck Ingram month fifty five k r and see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six thirty one in the morning Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five krs the talk station. Some local headlines that were covering for you this morning. Newport Independent School District faces a one point nine million dollar deficit. Staff, students, and parents all spoke at this meeting a jam packed audience, voicing their concerns over potential factory cuts and the effect on children's education. Newport's Superintendent, Tony Watts made a tentative allocation to the budget cuts are being made to the building. Let me see some of the comments. Who's this from one of the teachers associations. Cuts are being made at the building levels, but no one is willing to answer of what is being cut at this central office, which I think is something that needs to be talked about. Some of the teachers you plan on cutting are teachers who are not only play a role in kids education and success, but also built foundation with the kids. I got to tell you from a personal nature, from a personal standpoint in my past, some of the most respected people that I knew were teachers and had an impact on my life. Well, I had this discussion with somebody the other day about mentors, and I don't know that I had a particular mentor, but it was a number of people that I was exposed to over the years, and teachers are that foundation the good ones, and not every teacher is a good one. That's one thing you need to talk about right off the bat. But when it comes to these budgets, I wish that and hopefully that there are some enterprising accountants out there that would like to do a little bit of pro bono work and maybe help out with the budget there to see where things could be cut, things that could be done. And one of the things that I've been wanting to talk about forever and for some I'm going to have to do this, going to delve into it at some point, is that if you eat any cereal, and I eat a fair amount of cereal, I try to stay away from the sugary cereals, but you know, it's nice to have a bowl of cereal from time to time. And you have the things on the top, the box tops. I don't know how much of those are used. I don't know what the volume is. But you don't see any of these things with public schools. You notice that during the summer there are always these church festivals and school festivals that actually are the school festivals that then support the schools and raise money for the schools. You don't see any of that in any of the public schools, with the exception of Woodfill School in Fort Thomas, and every year they have their big Top festival, which is money for the individual school.
Speaker 2: So the schools.
Speaker 1: Don't do from what I've seen, a program of trying to raise money for the school as such. And you know, either through turning in these box tops to these individual ceial companies. I'm gonna have to dig into that and see how much these these these cities could earn. And again with all the students that you have, if you do the scanning, if you do whatever the way they do that, or maybe have a festival organized with the parents to have some sort of a festival, some way of raising money on a regular basis. Just don't depend on the taxpayers all the time for the funding of these schools. Maybe that's a couple of things they need to look at. Also, one of the headlines we're looking at and Ohio bill would ban ticket arrests quotas for law enforcement. House Bill one thirty one would make such quotas illegal, which it's about time coming up. Phone numbers five, one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred one, eight hundred A two three talk one eight hundred A two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: The talk station Cincinnati's OH.
Speaker 1: The nine first warning forecast rain moving out of the area during the Monday morning rush hour.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have a low of forty two.
Speaker 1: Sun poking out the seat this afternoon for a little while.
Speaker 2: Afternoon showers are possible. I'll high a fifty one.
Speaker 1: Temperatures continue to drop a bow of thirty one tomorrow.
Speaker 2: It's going to be partly cloudy.
Speaker 1: High a fifty seven and partly cloudy low of thirty four. Right now forty seven degrees fifty five kr se DE talk station Chuck has our traffic from.
Speaker 7: The UCL Traffic Center. Around forty percent of cancers are preventable. Lifestyle changes and screenings couldn't make a difference. Called five one three five feet five U see see see beginning to fill in a bit. On the highways, northbound seventy five slowing in the cut, southbound two seventy five slowing approaching the carrel.
Speaker 4: Cropper Bridge crews.
Speaker 7: Are working with an injury accident on Liberty Fairfield above Milliken, Chucking ramonth fifty five krs, the talk station.
Speaker 1: Thirty nine in the morning, Kevin Gordon and for Brian Thomas fifty five karosee the talk station phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eighty two three talk one, eight hundred eighty two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty at and T wireless phone. Talking about the penny, I mean, this is something that Dose has been talking about that it costs three cents to make the penny, but if you switch to making more nickels, it's gonna cost you eight cents more because it costs currently thirteen point eight cents to make a nickel. And then at some point they're going to say, well, maybe we should do away with a nickel. And then you start rounding everything up and from the penny, because no nothing ever gets rounded down. And you know, the school of thought, as far as accountants was concerned, anything over you know, fifty cents or whatever, fifty cents and above would be rounded up. But a lot of times this stuff programmed into these computers and stuff, if it comes into a percentage of point sense, it is rounded up, and so I I don't like it from that standpoint. And then this push to a cash list society, now, a lot of this I think kind of gained a lot more ground. I know what gained more ground. My wife never liked dealing with money. She always talked about how dirty it is and you don't know where it's been. And she's always telling me that if I'm handling money, make sure I wash my hands and all this sort of stuff. And yeah, I kind of get that with the COVID issue and whatever, but you know, I'm kind of the of the school of thought that. And maybe it's because my immune system is pretty decent, but almost you know, being exposed a little bit of germs once in a while is good for you. But getting away from cash. You know, I can't tell you the number of times I've been in a store and it's I try to use CA. I used to use cash a lot more often. But you go to buy something and you look at it and you say, well, gee, I've the only I got a twenty and this thing's going to cost a dollar fifty?
Speaker 2: Do I really want it?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: I'm not going to buy it, So, you know, once you break that twenty man, it is gone. And so when you go to credit cards, who thinks about paying for something that is actual money coming out of your account when you're paying by a credit card, does that ring a bell with you? Or because you're not. You're dealing with plastic as opposed to the actual, cold, hard currency, and when you plunk that down and spend that, you don't. I don't think that a lot of people think about that. And you look at the amount of credit card debt that we people have, it's incredible going back to the nineteen eighties, the seventies, and you know, when credit cards first started becoming more popular, the average debt the American consumer had at that point was five hundred dollars. Now people are maxed out on their credit cards. There's spending tons of money on the interest, and it's because of the money being easy to spend without having to pause and think about it. And the fact that you go to a cash list society is.
Speaker 2: I think, you know?
Speaker 1: And then again that delves into all the controls that can be done. We started seeing some of that where you know, the banks were tracking on the behest of the Biden administration, tracking purchase for conservatives, and were they buying guns? What were they spending their money on and so on, And I just think it's a slippery slope. Let's go to the phones, talk to Tim and get a penny for your thoughts. Tim.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Chacy, how the school could possibly be under punted because I remember the politicians tell us that if we really just put for the lottery and to hire all the schools with people ecunted, all the potholes of these thick and everything would be great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what they sold in Kentucky. Also, all this money for education, if you just allow us to do something that if anybody did that individually, it would be called gambling. It would be called you know, Rico act, and the mafia would be in charge of But when the state is running it, that's okay, all right, DM, thank you so much. And you know, getting back to this cash list society, I think it's like, as I said, a slippery slope when you go down that path and you can't you know, when you're when you're dealing again, when you're dealing with cash, you kind of understand the purchase that you're making, as opposed to just handing a card over and then whatever. I mean, there are people that I know that hardly ever look at a bill when it comes to just hand them the credit card. I just I don't understand it. And something that why I think that it's so necessary to keep the currency and keep that available, because again, we have a out a twenty percent portion of the economy, twenty percent portion of the population that don't use banks, and that they rely solely on actual hard currency in order to make their purchases. And I think it's a bad idea. I don't think it's only going to add problems to the economy. I don't think we're going to see any benefit from it. And again, when you look at the fact that you're going to be printed or you're going to be minting more nickels, and if the nickels are costing thirteen point eight cents in order for them to be made. And as I was digging into this too, I was looking at how the mint actually takes their overhead and applies it to these individual coins, and it seems from the numbers that I was looking at, and somebody pointed this out to me that if you look at the way they divide their overhead for the entire treasury. Over the individual coins, pennies get a higher percentage of that than they actually should if you were doing straight accounting and spreading those out evenly the way they should be over the individual currency that is being done, and so that number of how much it costs to make the penny may actually be over inflated. So that's one of those things. Rather than just going in and cutting something because it seems like it costs more, you got to look at what does it cost you in the long run if you cut that. Phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty, five hundred one eight hundred day two three talk one eight hundred eight two three A two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: The Tuxtre Warning.
Speaker 1: Weather for nine first warning forecast during morning rush hour is gonna have the rain moving out before the end of the rush hour, and we're gonna have a kind of the sun poking through for a little while. We're gonna have a high today of fifty eight. Showers move into the area a little bit later on the afternoon. We're going to see a low temperature tonight of thirty one, tomorrow partley cloudy, high of fifty seven and a low of thirty four. Right now forty seven degrees fifty five KR. See the talk station. Chuck Ingram has traffic from.
Speaker 7: The UCL Traffics Center. Around forty percent of cancers are preventable. Lifestyle changes and screenings can make a difference. Called five one three, five eighty five U see see see South Bend seventy five. Beginning to get a bit heavier through Locklan Northbound's going to cost you a couple of extra minutes now between Dixie and Downtown Stop two seventy five slows approaching the Carrol Cropper Bridge. There's a wreck on Liberty Fairfield at Milligan needing more medical help. Chuck Ingram on fifty five k R and SEV talk station.
Speaker 1: Six fifty in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five KR. See the talk station. Phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five one, eight hundred eighty two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound five point fifty atn T wireless phone coming up top. There we're gonna be talking to my good friend Phil Flynn Price Futures Group, talking about what's going on in the economy, and it's also with oil and energy prices and a lot of stuff. Just got a very good take on the economy. But in the meantime, let's head to the phones and let's talk to Larry. Larry fifty five carries KRC. How are you this morning going?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 6: How about yourself?
Speaker 1: I cannot complain. I'm behind the microphone. It doesn't get any better than that for me.
Speaker 11: Hey, I had a thought on the pennies and then balls can kind of transpose to the nichols as well. But what if there was a buyback program so my two cents would be paid two cents per penny stop making it for a year or two.
Speaker 1: You know, I brought that up with somebody who had been pushing you know that I talked to you about the penny and you know Coinstar did something like that years ago and it wasn't as successful as they would have liked. But you know, you read some of this stuff about how many people are hoarding pennies and how many people have you know, just have these jugs that are sitting around the house that have pennies in them, And yeah, I liked the idea, and I I would like to see the idea floated that if you turn in a penny you get two pennies. That would you know, again, if it costs three cents to do a penny and you're paying two dollars or two pennies to get those back in circulation, maybe you could stop. You wouldn't be having to print as many pennies. And so there's a lot of things that need to be done. I mean, it's just not a matter of looking at the cost and what it costs and what the value is, what it does overall in the economy, what it does as far as the charities are concerned, and what that does to lower income people. All that has to be taken into consideration, and you look at the whole picture as opposed.
Speaker 2: To just that small amount of it.
Speaker 1: Let's squeeze in Mike here, Mike fifty five, care see the talk station. Welcome to the program.
Speaker 13: Thank you. I'm first time caller. I wanted to put my two cents in on We my wife and I we use credit cards almost for everything, uh huh, but we never leave home for a trip without cash, Yes, and if they went to cash list, it would be troubled because we have stopped plenty of times to get gas and their computers are down. Yeah, and they say unless you can pay cash, can't get gas.
Speaker 1: Right, And you know, the whole idea cash is king and that's extremely important. And you know, it's great to have a credit card and look at your statements at the end of the month and know where your purchases are. That's one of the things that my wife says. She says, if I use cash, then it's kind of you forget well, geez, I had twenty dollars on me the other day and I've got nothing. Now what did I spend that on? Then you got to go back through and think about it. But the idea of and like I said, I find that when you pay with cash, it doesn't hurt. I mean, when you pay with a credit card, it doesn't hurt as opposed to dipping in your pocket and having to count out the money.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Oh, I guess dropped off there, But yeah, Mike appreciate the phone call, and Larry I appreciates you calling in as well. A first time caller that's cool, and it makes sense that when you're out driving around and you're on a trip, you need to have cash. And as a matter of fact, one of the big reasons that I that I carry cash is that when I'm at a restaurant, I always try to leave the tip in cash because that then you can you know, if you put it on the credit card, then they will take that amount itself and charge them that. Hopefully, with the current administration and the tax bills that are going through that they'll end the tax on tips, which I think would be great. But in the meantime, because if you go through the receipts and if they say that okay, that they expected a five percent or ten percent tip, and then that's what they're taxed on. But if you can leave fifteen to twenty percent with cash, then they make a lot more money that way. And again, spending cash is a lot easier than waiting till pay day and getting that on your on your on your paycheck. So anyway, that's my two cents worth. As far as the Penny and a cashlest Society coming up, Phil.
Speaker 2: Flynn will be joining us.
Speaker 1: I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 4: Covering Trump's first one hundred days.
Speaker 1: Every day we stand on the verge of the four greatest years in American history.
Speaker 4: Fifty five TRC the talk station. This report is sponsored by I want.
Speaker 1: To welcome back to the program our good friend Phil Flynn. He's market analyst with Price Futures Group, author of the Energy report that I read almost every day, most of the times I read that, and he's a contributor to Fox Business Network. Phil, Welcome to the program. Welcome back to the program. I should say, I'm.
Speaker 9: Seeing the spring in the air. And you know the first thing I think about when spring comes his higher gasoline prices.
Speaker 1: Not if we get these not if we get these oil prices down a little bit better. I mean, they've been seeing a big movement. One of the things I guess the two biggest drivers are the two biggest and mostly quoted, West Texas Intermedia Crewed and Brent Crude. West Texas Intermediate Crude as of yesterday was down eleven percent and then crude down eight percent just from the inauguration on the twentieth, which is good news. Hopefully that'll push through into the refineries and into the gas pumps, but you never know.
Speaker 9: Well, you know what I'll tell you. President Trump has been amazing in moving the oil market right and when he said that he was going to get prices down right away, everybody kind of laughed at him. But he's had some success, you know. And I think one of the biggest driving forces to the downside is President Trump the peacemaker. You know. The possibility that he can get Ukraine and Russia in the same room and the war possibly lifts sanctions on Russian oil could have a huge impact on the globe, not just for those barrels of oil, you know, but the you know, the fact that you know, the chances of World War three gos goes down, reduces the risk to transport oil, and that lowers prices. So sometimes you can do it without even drilling.
Speaker 1: Right exactly exactly. And we've seen the peace dividend as a result of what's going on in the Middle East, the ceasefire between Hamas and Israel. We have no longer the Huti's attacking some of the ships in the Red Sea, which opens that up and cuts down the amount of time that these ships have to be out on the ocean by as much as two weeks sometime. That's helping the flow of oil as well.
Speaker 9: It is, it is, And a lot of the tankers that would take that route through those canals, the Swiss Canal and other places, you know, did go other ways. They didn't want a chance, you know, their people or their cargo getting attacked. And it's really sad when you think about it, that the Biden administration allowed this rag tag group of rebels to get funded by Iran so they could you know, play havoc and international shipping lanes. I mean, you know, it's it's almost kind of laughable that they could allow that to happen. But it was amazing that they did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a rank tag group of pirates basically that and and you know there was supposed to be this what was it.
Speaker 2: What is it capital?
Speaker 1: There was some sort of a coalition that was put together, I don't know coalation.
Speaker 9: Right, the international coalition is to crack down on the pirates correer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they called it some sort of thing like Operation Freedom or Operation something. But and they couldn't stop it, I mean, for crying out loud, I mean, how how difficult would that have been? And then of course not and allowing Iran and Russia under sanctions being able to still sell their oil around the world and then funding these you know, obviously if Iran's making more money off their oil, Russia is making money off their oil instead of turning that over to their people and making their lives better. Now, let's let's invade another country, or let's cause terrorism on the state of Israel or the country of Israel. It's just the the the weakness of that previous administration is just criminal.
Speaker 9: You know, I think it is. And you know, I think it gets back to why uh. You know, leadership is so important, but not only just leadership in the energy policy, right. You know, a lot of people think energy policy is just about you know, gasoline prices and heating oil bills, but it's it's so much more. It's it's geopolitical power. It's about trying to improve the economy. It can mean growth and manufacturing, you know. So there's so many elements and a lot of what we're seeing, you know, with the war in Ukraine, you know, and you know the situation with Iran and everybody else has an oil subplot running underneath all these conflicts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Phil Flynn.
Speaker 1: The thing that amazes me on your energy report is how dead on you are talking about economic issues. I mean, you talk about the energy issue, as you just mentioned that people think in terms of just gas or whatever. But when you look at natural gas, when you look at the energy component's heating, oil, diesel, and there isn't a business and people are starting to talk about this. There isn't a business out there that isn't affected by energy prices. And if your energy prices are ten, fifteen to twenty percent higher than they were four years ago, that's going to be reflected in your bottom line and that's got to be passed on to your.
Speaker 9: Customers absolutely, you know. And one of the things, of course, you know under Biden, you know, he declared a climate emergency and you know, let's get away from fossil fuels. And he denimized the US oil and gas industry, use them of price gouging, even though his policies were the ones that were driving their prices. When there was a war in Ukraine, you know, a war that he should have stopped, he blamed the oil companies because prices went up because they're cutting off supplies from Russia and called them war profiteers. Yeah, I mean, you know, such a bad vision. But then they spend billions of dollars right on green energy programs that went nowhere. And now we're finding out what the jos that a lot of this money went into the pockets of politicians and companies with the you know, political connections, you know, so you know, and that all cost every American. Everybody says, oh, there's always crime in Washington. Well, you know, that's been going on for years. You know what, it's crime that's taking money out of your pocket, my pocket, and in the poor and middle classes pocket that you know, politicians always say we care about the poor and middle class. Now they're like to lease the poor in the middle classes what they've been doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if one thing Donald Trump has done as being president is actually giving I guess people more of a backbone to speak up, because it appears as though a lot of these companies that went down the green new steel route in terms of transferring wealth from one group of people to another, and they bought into this. I mean, you pointed out your energy report yesterday, British Petroleum five was it five years ago?
Speaker 2: They tried to do they tried to.
Speaker 1: Change their image from British petroleum to beyond petroleum, and now all of a sudden they're reversing that back and saying, well, you know what, we're taking our stock is not doing so well, and our investors are starting to scream and say, hey, these other oil companies are doing better and I could buy you know, have better stock there. All of a sudden they're waking up. They're investing more in oil and less in the green New Deal or the green as I call it, the Green New Steel. But it's right, it's like, it's okay now to not be woke.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it is. And listen, I mean, you know, I mean, I grew up in America, you know, you know when I grew up, it was like, and we believe in free speech. That's part of the constitution. That's what makes us different than our compadres. Right, and the other countries are bad because you know, they control the press, they control free speech, and that's why they're bad, right, you know, But now we see what's been going on in this country. It's sad. I mean when you see that the mainstream media has been lying to you, they've been lying to you about climate change. They've been lying to you, you know, about where your money's going.
Speaker 2: And Phil Flynn, this is a good point about.
Speaker 9: You were canceled or whatever.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, And Phil Flynn, we need to take a quick break here and come back and pick this up on the other side because this green energy and what they're doing as far as climate change and the whole hoax there has been astounding and we'll talk about that coming up. My guest is Phil Flynn, senior market analyst, Price Futures Group. Continue our conversation with Phil Flynn, the senior analysts, senior market analysts the Price Futures Group and author of the Energy Report, which I read. I got to say it's almost every day. I mean, it's just a wealth of information in there. You've talked about this week Donald Trump being a great negotiator and it's amazing what he's been able to accomplish. Power to the people. The other day talking about energies, are trying to prompt these these companies to you with the necessity of AI and the technology that that's going to require to build up their energy production by ten to fifteen percent. And it is just a wealth of information. And you call them like you see them. You talk about the green energy, the green news, as I call it, the green news, steel about this climate change hope that the hoax that we've been fed over the.
Speaker 9: Years, it is, you know, and I appreciate your compliments and the report, and yeah, I mean when you look at what Donald Trump has achieved already, it's amazing. And we'll be talk about power to the people. Listen, the economy of the future is not going to be driven by electric cars. It's not going to be driven by solar panels and windmills. It's going to be driven by artificial intelligence. And if you're going to have the strongest economy in the world, if you're going to keep jobs in this country, if you're going to have a strong national defense, then the only way that you can take care of that is by expanding your capacity to produce energy and meet the demands that is coming. So that is definitely one of the things that Trump gets and we're going to have to expand our capacity.
Speaker 1: I don't hear anybody talking about as much as I think they should, just exactly how much this AI technology requires. As far as the energy production. I've seen reports that some of these buildings require almost the same amount of energy as a small city.
Speaker 9: It is, it is, it's amazing. And in fact, a couple of crypto currency what they call mining stations right in artificial intelligence, can consume as much energy as three or four countries in Europe combined. Okay, and so that's it's incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I didn't realize this much, And then I started thinking about it that you know, not only are you talking about the energy in order to run the equipment itself, but then there's energy that's required to cool down the equipment. Because of this, the amount of heat that comes off of these computers. And I remember doing an audit years ago and it was a smaller but they had in this one room and I think the room was probably too small, but they had I think thirty five servers in there. And you walk in that room and it was almost like a sauna. And if for some reason the air conditioner got blocked in there, all hell would break loose and that stuff would melt down, or you know, they damage the equipment. So not only do you have the energy to run the equipment, but you also have an awful lot of energy needed to cool the equipment.
Speaker 9: You're absolutely correct. And then when you look at the applications that are built, right because everything is going to have artificial intelligence. You know, a lot of people that are listening in to us today have maybe noticed on their updates and computers all of a sudden they have not just spell check, but they have something called my co pilot. Yeah, like, yeah, write you know what you're writing, or you can ask it questions, or it can summarize documents. You know, And this is just the beginning. It reminds me, Kevin of the beginning of the internet. Remember when you know, I'm old enough to remember, nobody had computers on our desk. Oh yeah, flag rolls and paper right right, you know now I mean, uh, well little calculators if you could afford them, a big one, big one. But anyway, but yeah, but this is what's happening right now with the artificial intelligence, and Trump gets us. You know, you look at it and say, how are you going to pay off this ridiculous DAFA said, oh, yeah, we're cunning government spending. But is that going to be enough? You know? But how did we do it in the past? It was with tax cuts, economic growth and the Internet revolution, right, and so now we're going to have another iteration of this. And Donald Trump looks at the big picture and he gets it. And you know, we can either lead in this area or we can be left behind. And the sad part is if we get left behind, that means our children and our grandchildren are going to be left behind. Right. Good, everybody and everybody cares about the environment, right, and we want a safe environment. That's great, right, But you know the fear mongeringe over climate change. I mean, I can give you an example after example of all these fear mongering politicians. So give us money, or you know, the world's gonna end in six years and it's going to be irreversible. Uh, you know a lot of that stuff. I can go back thirty years and show that these predictions have been totally wrong. Listen to me.
Speaker 1: I think that we should have been Phil Flynn. I think we should have all been dead about ten years ago if the climate predictions had been true, and would be snorkling right now in New York City.
Speaker 9: Well yeah, and you know, I mean I thought, I could you know, buy beach property in Lake Mischigan, Michigan that I could be using today. Yeah, it's not working.
Speaker 1: Out that way, yeah, from the shoreline and Allison, your beachfront property. One thing before we got to the end is that you've been very adamant about this. And you're one of the few people, few economists that I've seeing, if I can call you an economist other than a analyst and a genius with commodities. But the whole idea of tariffs being inflationary, you have been very adamant that not necessarily, no.
Speaker 9: They or not in fact, that the one cause of inflation, and the major cause of inflation is government waste spending and printing money. Right. And you know, I can tell you there's a lot of farmers that are listening to us right now. Right. You know, remember when we put tariffs on grains and China, I mean, prices didn't go up, they went down, right, Not that it wasn't good for the farmers, but you know it is good for the consumers. So you know, when you talk about tariffs, tariffs are attacked. So when I hear a Democratic politicians and ah, he's just going to be added to inflation, and then I would say to them, well, you want to tax the millionaires and billionaires more money, So what you're saying, is the taxes, and so you're going to be adding to inflation, you know, so they talk out of both sides of their mouth. The only cause of inflation, and everybody can write this down is government mismanagement of the economy by printing too much money. And President Biden printed more money than any president you know, I think in history, and that is why we have inflation.
Speaker 1: Well, Phil, they also Phil Flynn. They also pointed out the fact that what that what was it, the Economic Recovery Act or whatever that was called the Last Round or the last few rounds of spending. The economists were warning him that this was going to add to inflation, and they said, no, it's not. And then when they had the what the Infrastructure Bill and they sold it as infrastructure, and then it had all these these green new steel stuff in there that siphoned off a bunch of money that went to waste, fraud, and abuse. Uh, those are the things that that caused inflation. And the people that said it was going to cause inflation were absolutely correct.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, you know. Instead of calling it the Inflation Reduction Act, they should have said the Inflation you know, explosion Act, because that's what it. Did you know, government inefficiency, government printing money that they don't have to pay for programs that will never be built. Right. Build back better was like build nothing right. Build back better is building back you know some bank accounts, that's what they were building back better. But you know, does anybody believe that things are better? Do you see? You know, everybody buying electric cars. You see that they're cheap. No, I mean, you know, they gave tax breaks to millionaires so they could buy electric cars while the poor middle class got hit with higher gasoline prices, higher heating bills. Right, and they all say, well, it's good to save the planet. You know, they don't care about the planet.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 9: If they cared about the planet, they would have a realistic energy policy that not you know, that didn't wipe out the poor and mittle class and you know, net the demands for our future and our children's future.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And if they cared about the environment, if they cared about saving the planet, and they you know, you see these windmills out in the ocean that are beaching whales and killing birds. You see these solar panels that can't be good for the environment. And when they get disposed of that's not helping the environment, and they're really not producing the amount of energy that they had originally promised us that they would. So it's just a transfer of wealth from one organization to another. And then they can go belly up and they can take all the money that they siphoned off and go play on the beach in the Caribbean.
Speaker 2: I guess absolutely.
Speaker 9: And where do you do? You know the question you have to ask yourself where do old solar panels go when they lift their lifetime?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 9: Where did the old you know wind turbines goatly changed every year?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 9: Don't they end up back in the environment? Right, there's a graveyard of you know, massive you know wind turbines that have to be changed and they can't be recycled, so they're gonna sit there in the planet for years and years to unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Clint Well, Phili thank you so much. I really, I really appreciate you spending time with us this morning. We're kind of getting up to a hard break here and I certainly appreciate your time and I got to have you back more often.
Speaker 2: This is just too much fun, just amazing.
Speaker 1: The nine first morning forecast Morning Rush how we're going to see an end to the rain and then we're gonna have a little peaking of the sun later on this afternoon high of fifty one, then showers continue or come back later on the afternoon. Rembe a load tonight of thirty one, high of fifty seven tomorrow with partly scout, partly cloudy skies, and then a low of thirty four. Right now forty seven degrees fifty five k see detalk station. Chuck Ingram has traffic from.
Speaker 7: The Ucing Health Triumphing Center run. Forty percent of cancers are preventable. Lifestyle changes and screenings can make a difference. Called five one three five eighty five U se sec setbound seventy five slows through Blackland and here come the break line, setbound seventy one from above two seventy five into blue Ash. There's a wreck on seven forty seven at one twenty nine and on Liberty Fairfield at Millica. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty one in the morning. Actually he's seven thirty two in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC the talk Station. My next guest is a guy that well, I wish I didn't have to talk to him only because of the subject matter that we're talking about. Maybe we could talk about something else later on down the line. But my guest is Kevin Richardson. He's a pastor also senior director of Regional Advancement Sunrise Children Services. And I got told about this by one of Ran Paul's field guys talking about this event that's going to be happening out at Main Street Church Saturday, March the twenty second, and the purpose of this called fighting for freedom the community addressing human trafficking. And talking to you yesterday, Kevin, when you talked told about some of the things going on in our community and in this area, scared the actual actually gave me the piece shivers, as I should say. But welcome to the program anyway.
Speaker 6: Thank you, sir. I appreciate it so much. I appreciate the opportunity to be on and it is a difficult subject. I mean, I wish we could talk about pennies that you talked about earlier, because I agree with you one hundred percent on that, but unfortunately we have to delve into subjects like this, and I do want to thank Billy Matthews again, like you just mentioned at Senator Paul's office for setting us up, because this is huge. I am indeed senior Regional Advancement director for Sunrise Children's Services. We are across the Commonwealth, and I'm a bivocational pastor of Flag Springs Baptist Church in southern Campbell County. I've been dealing with this in our agency because we're getting more and more kids at our agency who have been trafficked, and I didn't realize the numbers until a friend of mine called me about setting this up. Where I work, it's a multifunctional agency. We contract with the Department of Community Based Services and Child Protective Services when kids are removed from the home or one of the larger agencies that take care of that. But you know, we provide residential psychiatric adolescent addiction, multifaceted levels of sexual abuse therapy, foster care, foster to adopt needing foster parents. You know, more and more all the time. So we've been in this fight, Kevin for many years anyway. But while I've been concerned about human trafficking from a Christian standpoint especially, and I've been reminding our congregation frequently about it here at Flags, rings about it being both a domestic and international problem. Especially you know, you know about it too, the children who were unaccompanied, especially the last four years at our southern border. You know, numbers ranging anywhere from thirty thousand to some estimates being a lot more than that. You've heard about that in the new Yeah, yeah. And it wasn't until I started getting data from our own agency about the kids who are coming in, especially to our residential who've been directly affected by this, that I really started to take a look and why it's become such an epidemic. Move it ahead. My friend and colleague, Linda Bates from wealth Care health Care is a friend of mine and an associate, and she's been trying to help solve at least try to begin to solve some of these problems through the passion she has for this. And she called me about trying to help her set this event up. And if you don't mind, I have Linda with me this morning because she can explain her pasth for this a lot better than I can. If you don't mind, Kevin, I'd like to have problem Linda to the audience.
Speaker 1: But let's pick this up on the other side of break. We've got to take a quick break here and we'll come right back and we'll be talking to Kevin Richardson and Linda Bates about this event and what's going on in the northern Kentucky area. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five kr Seethe Talk Station.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC dot com. Get ready for spring and have your roof gutters.
Speaker 1: Nine First warning weather forecast morning rushower. We're going to see the end of rain by the end of the rush hour. LOA forty two. Sun's gonna peek out later on, but then we're gonna have showers later on in the afternoon. A high of fifty one, down to a LOA thirty one this tonight and then tomorrow. Partly cloudy, breezy, a high of fifty seven and a low of thirty four. Right now forty seven degrees. Fifty five KRS Detalk station Chuck Ingramhanas traffic from.
Speaker 7: The uc Health Trampling Center. Around forty percent of cancers are preventable. Lifestyle change and screenings can make a difference. Called five one three five eighty five uc CEC satband seventy five slows through block on name Here come the break line set found seventy one from above two seventy five into blue Ash That's our wreck on seven forty seven at one twenty nine and on Liberty Fairfield at Milliken Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven forty in.
Speaker 1: The morning, Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five KR see the talk station continuing our conversation with Kevin Richards sending his pastor and senior director of Regional Advancement Sunrise Services. And also we're going to be joined by Linda Bates, senior community relations coordinators at Weldcare. Welcome back to the programmer. Thank you for being there, folks. And before the break you were going to talk Linda was going to bring a couple of talk about a couple of issues as well.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, she's the one passionate about this, She's the one that called me early on to try to get this thing together in the first place. So Linda, if you would, Yeah.
Speaker 14: So, in my role with well Care, which we are Medicaid provided for the State of Kentucky, I was able to go to an event that we sponsored in Louisville by Scarlett Hope, which is a nonprofit who addresses getting women out of the sex industry by providering meals and mentorship. And so I went to that event and that kind of opened my eyes to how big the problem was. And that day when I was at that event, I heard stories about lives being changed there, being saved from human trafficking. They were being one for Christ. And I walked out of there with really a burden on my heart to do something more in northern Kentucky where I live. And so, through a lots of twists and turns of that day three years ago, here we are now today with this event coming up on March twenty seconds, and we have some committed community partners, whether that be for profits, non for profits, retirees, teachers, church members, it's yes.
Speaker 6: And just Kevin just to kind of let you know, we've got a wider range of for example, table boots that are going to be there, Saint Elizabeth Healthcare with their sexual abuse nurse table, obviously, Sunrise Children's Services. Detective Eric Higgins is going to be there from Frankfort. He's going to give us signs to look at like at the airport and things. If you have a child with an adult, it doesn't look like it fits. How to get help, you know, without approaching them. Tiffany Brereton with she was made for More, Angie Young with a of course, let it be done, exposing sex trafficking, Ion Center, Bikers Against Child Abuse, Safe Passage, Barn and Grace Ministries. I mean, I could go on and on and on.
Speaker 1: Now, these are gonna be individual tables there that people can go and talk to them, and then.
Speaker 6: We're gonna have We're gonna have two keynotes, We're gonna have multiple testimonials, We're gonna have praise and worship there. We're gonna have time to go visit the tables. A light breakfast will be served in the morning and then lunch will be served, and uh, there will be plenty of time to gather a lot of information. I would recommend bringing multiple people with you so you can kind of divide and conquer, because you're gonna have three opportunities for eight different breakouts. So, uh, there's gonna be just a lot of information that's gonna be available there. And so once again just to remind everyone, this is going to be Saturday. Get there early. I would recommend getting there about seven forty five, eight o'clock for the light breakfast, and then map out what you want to do for the day. But March twenty second, Main Street Baptist Church, Alexandria, Kentucky, and it'll be a ten dollars registration. You know, we're just trying to get skin in the game. We're not trying to charge too much for this. But the sponsors are Flag Springs Baptist Church, Sunrise Children's Services, brass Key Coffee, Main Street Baptist, obviously Plum Creek Church, and obviously Wellcare of Kentucky. That lend to works's going to.
Speaker 1: Be okay when we get back, We've got to take a quick break here. When we get back, we're going to tell the listeners just exactly what we're dealing with by the numbers and the you know, people think in terms of trafficking, and they just think in terms of possibly prostitution and so on. But there's a whole lot more to this and it is a lot more prevalent than what we I think the most people understand. My guest is Kevin Richardson and Linda Bates. Kevin Richardson is pastor, Senior director of Regional Advancement Sunrise Children's Services, and Linda Bates, Senior Community Relations coordinator at Waldcare. I'm gonna pick this up on the other side of the break. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 4: Why does it God?
Speaker 1: For nine first warning forecast, Good morning Rush. We're going to see an end of the rain by the end of the period, but we're gonna have a little bit of sun poking through and but the rain comes back in the afternoon. Load to this morning at forty two high this afternoon fifty one. Load to this evening it's thirty one. I'm harty, breeze and cloudy. Tomorrow high of fifty seven and a low of thirty four. Right now forty seven degrees. Fifty five krc DE talk station Chuck Ingram has traffic.
Speaker 7: From the UCL Tramping Center. Around forty percent of cancers are ventable. Lifestyle changes and screenings can make a difference. Called five one three, five eighty five uce CEC northbound seventy fives getting close to a twenty minute delay between Florence and downtown. Southbound has had to gets through the Lochlan split. Crews continue to work with an accident on seven forty seven at one twenty nine and ken Woods blocked off near Whatzell from an early morning accident with low power lines.
Speaker 4: Chuck Ingram On fifty five k R see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven nine in the morning Kevin Gordon and for Brian Thomas fifty five k see the talk station. Continue our conversation with Kevin Richardson, pastor, Senior Director of Regional Advancement Sunrise Children's Services and Linda Bates, Senior Community Relations with a coordinator with Welcare talking about this event on March to twenty second at Main Street Church Fighting for Freedom a call to action become part of the community addressing human trafficking. Thanks for being with us. I certainly appreciate you hanging with us through the break.
Speaker 2: What are no worries people are?
Speaker 1: Tell us about the numbers, tell us about what you were seeing on an ongoing basis, and.
Speaker 6: Linda has those right here. I just wanted to briefly tell you the cost of care Kevin at Sunrise, especially with our residential facilities, has gone up astronomically, especially in like the last five years because a direct result of the trafficking that these kids have gone through. You know, there's just a lot of you know, angst and hatred that these kids have that who can blame them if you're traded among so many different adults for sexual favors and then you know, we wind up getting them just the cost. You know, from our standpoint, it has gone through the roof. So that's just part of it. But Linda's got some hard numbers here, Okay.
Speaker 14: So according to according to the National Human Trafficking in twenty twenty three, there were over thirty thousand reports of sexual trafficking and about seven thousand of those calls came actually from victims or survivors.
Speaker 1: Are we talking are we talking adults or these children or both?
Speaker 14: That national hotline does not break it does not break it down, So that could be a combination of everything. But when I look at the statistics in Kentucky in twenty twenty three, there were over close to five hundred reports of child sexual trafficking, and that's an increase of over fourteen percent from the previous year. And even though there might be five hundred reports of that, that is frequently more than one child in a report, so.
Speaker 6: A lot of was unreported.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I was just going to say that that number is way low.
Speaker 2: I'm sure, yes.
Speaker 14: Yes, it is very low. And when you think about the trafficking, it can be familial trafficking where children are trafficked for drugs or money, something of value. It could be survival sex where basic necessities are held from a child for them to be forced to participate in activities, powder being solicited for child sexual abuse material through.
Speaker 6: Online platforms dark web.
Speaker 14: Yeah, children are being forced to work while pay is being withheld.
Speaker 1: And just now, how much of this is a result of what we've seen at the southern border. How much of this is I guess domestic versus what has been flooding across the border. We've only got about a two minutes to go here.
Speaker 6: No, I mean it's bad both ways, Kevin. I mean that's the bottom line. But there's no question about it. I would love to see you know, And I don't want to get political with this, because this is a scourge no matter what you're talking about politically. But we have seen such a huge number of unaccompanied miners, as we said before, that have come across what happened to them. You know, many could be dead, many could be still being traffic. You've heard things like organ harvesting and things like that. I mean, I'm just looking forward to some type of new report and update as to exactly what happened and what happened to these children. But by saying that, I don't want to under talk about the domestic problem because you have people who are addicted to drugs, you may sell their children. You have people who get in financial straits. I mean, to me, as a pastor, it's a morality problem. Obviously, I believe people need christ and I'm unapologetic about this, and this is a Christian event. We're unapologetic about that too, even though we're going to have secular agencies there. But Kevin across the board is bad both domestically and internationally, and it's it's getting worse now. I'm hoping that with the closure of the border and things like that that it will help. But obviously all of this stuff needs to be addressed both domestically and internationally. As to what's already gone on, I'm hoping that data will be completely updated as to what you know happen to those kids and the bottom line, agencies like ours and agencies we've already talked about are suffering mightily because of the amount of mental abuse and sexual abuse that they had.
Speaker 1: And finally to wrap up here because we're up against a hard break and I apologize for you. The event is Saturday, March the twenty second, nine to four thirty pm. Breakfast is early. People want to get in contact. Where do they go? Where do can they look this up?
Speaker 6: Yes, we have a registration to go to. The best thing to do for our purposes here is you can either call Linda.
Speaker 14: At five O two four three eight six.
Speaker 6: Seven one eighth, or you can go to Linda dot Bates at Wellcare dot com. Or you can call me, go to Sunrise dot org, or go to Linda's email and get more information and you can do The main thing is call Linda and she'll get you set up no problem. And if you would like a table, if you're a resource, table is available to you as well. The more of the merrier if you can help this situation along well.
Speaker 1: Kevin Richardson and Linda Bates, thank you so much for spending time with us. This is a scary topic and I hope we can get some resolution into it and move towards ending this scourge. Thank you so much for being with us. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas. Fifty five kr. See the talk station.
Speaker 4: Covering Trump's first one hundred days.
Speaker 1: Every day America's deadline is over fifty five krs.
Speaker 4: The flock station.
Speaker 1: Coming up on six minutes after eight o'clock. Welcome to this beautiful Thursday. One of the things that I want to talk about here briefly is well, I just want to answer ask the question. As many of you know, I was involved in the group that was back in twenty thirteen that when they started proposing public private partnership and they we're going to build a companion bridge down there on next to the Brents Benz Bridge, that it was going to be a public private partnership that would lead to tolling.
Speaker 2: We opposed that.
Speaker 1: We knocked it out of the park as far as that stopped that in twenty thirteen, twenty fourteen, twenty fifteen on the legislative session got it killed. But I remember Obama being down there in twenty eleven talking about shovel ready projects. As far as some of his proposals, I remember Biden being down there talking about his infrastructure bill and how this was a project that was part of that. The funding has been there since twenty twenty two when they got the grant for this funding that would then lead to the construction of the bridge down there with no tolling, and yet today still there has never not been a groundbreaking ceremony.
Speaker 2: Is the bridge not needed?
Speaker 1: Were we being lied to in terms of the volume coming across that bridge or the delays.
Speaker 2: Or any event? What is the deal down there?
Speaker 1: And why isn't anybody putting the pressure on these people Okai and whoever that was selling us this bill of goods that apparently this wasn't as big as a crisis as they were telling us back in twenty thirteen, and why did they What's going on? I see, you know, a couple of weeks ago, or actually when when the heck was this? This was back in January. Group aims to nix the three point six billion river bridge project. Talking about the pig toes and the wardy backs, the endangered species and stuff down there, just unbelievable. I mean, you know, we were told that this was crisis situation had to be built right here right now, and here we are twelve years later, and you know, glad that the group that I was part of, have saved this area, especially northern Kentucky over a billion dollars folks, that's with a B in terms of money coming out of their pockets that would have been funding tolls over that period of time. So I'm very proud to have saved the area that much money. But it just amazes me that this is not talked about. There was some news last night that the Epstein flight logs are going to be released here soon, the guest list, if you will.
Speaker 2: That's going to be interesting.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's a lot of people in Washington and around the country that are kind of going on, how am I going to explain this one away? Now? As they say, just being on the flight log doesn't necessarily mean that you participated in any of this going on on Epstein Island. But interesting also on the desk of the Attorney General and the investigations going on. I want to know what the hell happened in Butler, Pennsylvania. I want to get to the bottom of that and get the bottom of that quickly. I see that the Secret Service agent that one of the guys that was shielding Trump that day has been promoted to head of the Secret Service, which is good. I would like to see as far as the individual investmentations, when are we going to see the release? And I guess we're getting close to it, to see what actually happened. As far as RFK Junior, John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King assassinations, I think it's about time that the American public know what the hell happened there and again in the in the vacuum of not getting information, of not being this put to rest, you've got all these conspiracy theories, and quite honestly, at this point in time, the fact that this is dragged on so well so long, I don't know that the actual documents coming out of the FBI or whatever agencies is going to quell those rumors and quell those conspiracy theories, because it's just.
Speaker 2: Gone on too long.
Speaker 1: And when you you know the absence of information, people fill in the blanks themselves. And when you fill in the blanks, you can come up with all kinds of conspiracy theories, and there's been a bunch floated out there over the years. I would like to get a resolution to that. Again, I'd like to know what's in those files and just exactly what they're saying. But like so many things, and look at what we look at what I guess I'm gonna I'm not going I am going to lay this at the feet of the Democrats. Look what the Democratic Party has done to turn us against the institutions that we were supposed to rely on. You know, the liberals back in the day, they wanted to tear down the Catholic Church, they wanted to tear down religion. They wanted to get morality out of the talking about and out of schools and out of every place else. And we've seen what that done as far as the moral decline. But then you start having the fact of people were always supportive of the military. They tried to destroy that. And with Johnson dragging on the war in Vietnam, how the military got a bad name with some of the stuff that they were doing there. And we've seen how the Democrats over the years have tried to demilitarize or try to ruin the military. And now that we're seeing, you know, every time the Republicans come in, they start building back up the morale and the military, and look at what happened as a result of the weaponization of the FBI, the Justice Apartment, the NIS, the CDC. Of course, I've not been a big fan or trusting much as far as the CDC is concerned, ever since I started learning about the Tuskegee syphilis experiment that was started back during Franklin Roosevelt's presidency in the forties, where they actually allowed black men down in the South in Tuskegee, Alabama, to get syphilis and then not treat it, telling them that they were giving them the medicine for this, but the experiment was to watch how this destroyed their bodies and how this would ravage that And this went on for forty almost well thirty plus years and was ended during the Nixon administration. So when you have the CDC at that point, where the forerunner of the CDC I think was National something Health Department or whatever that when this was found out, wound up forming the CDC and nobody went to jail. As a result of the torture and the killing of these people down there, I started thinking, well, what other things are they hiding? And then, of course, once we got the pandemic that came about, and all of a sudden, we started seeing how we were being censored, We were being kicked off of social media if you dare say anything different than what the agenda was. We had Fauci talking about that, oh, this could not have possibly been coming from the Wuhan lab, even though the virus came out of the Wuhn wet market in no connection there.
Speaker 2: And all the things.
Speaker 1: That they kicked doctors out, they suspended their licenses, they took away their livelihood because they dared to speak up about this, and all the lives ruined as a result of the shutdowns, because we were lied to as far as the six foot distancing, as far as how contagious this was, how rampant it was, the necessity and how they closed down the schools and close down the business, wrecked the economy, and we still don't have all the details from that and why they felt that was all necessary, and the amount of lies that we were told about this virus and the fact that now we don't well, there's a lot of us me included that I always I kind of take with a grain of salt. I've always been kind of suspicious of medical community, either from knowing that you know, you have a difference between sports medicine versus other type of medicine, going from one doctor to another getting a second opinion, and you talk to some doctors at pushpills some that don't, and you have a healthy skepticism of what's going on, because if you're in tune with your body and try to pay attention to your own body, you kind of know what the ailment is. But you depend on the medical community in times of need, and how many times the joke about practicing medicine and so all these institutions that have been ruined because of the lies perpetrated, the lies coming out the lawfair that was going against Trump for the four years, well for the four years he was in office and the four years after being in office. And we have all of these conspiracy theories that are out there that many of them have been proven true. This whole deal with climate change that we were talking with Phil Flynn over the fact that we've been lied to about that and all of the stuff that we've be being told. It's almost like, what do you believe now? Phone numbers five, one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, one, eight hundred day two three talk one eight hundred A two three eight two five five pound five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five K see the talk station.
Speaker 4: I'm finding it hard. The team might be hoping.
Speaker 1: Nine first warning forecast U rain's probably much ending here shortly in the morning rush hour low forty two, high a fifty one. Later on this afternoon with some showers coming back in, we'll get a couple of peaks of the sun here and there. Load tonight of thirty one, partly cloudy and breezy, Tomorrow high at fifty seven and a low of thirty four. Right now forty seven degrees fifty five kr S talk station Chuck Ingram has traffic.
Speaker 7: From the UC Tramping Center. Around forty percent of cancers are preventable. Lifestyle changes and screenings can make a difference. Called five one three five eighty five. UCCZE crews have cleared the wreck eastbound Fort Washington Way out of the way rather quickly. North Bend seventy five continues a bit slow between Buttermilk and Kyle's. Kenwood Road is blocked off between Wetsall and Kenwood Hills. Drive due to an early morning wreck, low power lines. You can still use Wetzell, Chuck Ingraman fifty five krs, the talk station.
Speaker 1: Twenty in the morning, Kevin Gordon and for Brian Thomas fifty five Carosee the talk station. Coming up to the bottom of the hour, we're gonna be talking as Savannah Maddox. She is a state representative Kentucky state representative in the sixty first district. Kind of give us a legislative update from Frankfort to be interesting there. I hate to admit this, but I have not been as engaged in the legislative session this year as I normally have been in the past because of other things that I've been doing and I'm working on the America's Truck and Network show. I mean, there has just been a lot of news in terms of everything affecting transportation, industry, energy and everything going on. To try to keep track of what's going on, and of course you got to get your daily update of what's going on as far as Doze and as far as what's going on in the administration. And I gotta tell you it's been extremely entertaining to watch the Hair on Fire, the hysterics coming from the left.
Speaker 2: And what amazes.
Speaker 1: Me is the thing that's put into perspective is that Donald Trump has gone on and gone for the things that about eighty to eighty five percent of the American people are in favor of, and the Democratic Party is being faced with defending the things that only twenty percent of the population want, so being out of touch, and it is just no matter what Trump does, they are screaming and yelling. And when you see what has been done, when I go back and I look at how far and what institutions that Donald Trump has taken on and destroyed, You've got the spoon fed regurgitators in the mainstream media. You have every one of them back on their heels. You have a joy Read been fired less or Holt that's stepping down. You have a whole host of people that have been reduced. MSNBC, CNN. MSNBC is on this seller's block. Even NBC doesn't want to be part of them. CNN is teetering on Washington Post. They're changing their editorial tune to be more fair and balanced and to produce more conservative opinions there, and the liberals there are going on now. Mind you. These are journalists. These are people that are we've been told over the years, are going to give us the who, what, when, we're how and why reporting, But instead it's been opinion opinion, opinion opinion and trying to gaslight us in terms of what we have seen with our own eyes, that somehow we're not seeing what we're seeing. And the fact that this has been destroyed the FBI that investigated Trump, the fact that they had these spies within his organization or spying on his campaign, that we were told was just a conspiracy theory. Now we've got Jake Tapper, of all people, Jake Tapper, who they were showing last night an interview that he had with Lara Trump and where she was talking about Joe Biden's decline and dementia, and he started almost, you know, talking over here, and he was just short of screaming at her that you know, you are making assumptions, you're not a doctor, you don't know what you're talking about. And what you're doing is you're making fun of his speech impediment. His stuttering isn't an amazing This guy was in his eighties and he'd been in Washington for fifty plus years, and the first time we heard that he had a quote stuttering situation or issue was what it was obvious to everybody, the mental decline that he was going under because of somewhat dementia, Alzheimer's, whatever. And now Jake Tapper is writing a book about the decline and the misreporting by the media about his cognitive decline and how they hit it. So he was wrong about denying it and covering it up, and now he's going to tell the truth about it. So he's making money on the lie. And now he's going to be making money on the truth. Isn't that just lovely? And Monica Lewinsky, now all of a sudden she's in the news and she's talking about Bill Clinton possibly should have resigned for what he did. All up to this point, it's all been, well, you know, I still love him, and you know, I think he was a good president, and I don't have any ill will.
Speaker 2: And all this.
Speaker 1: And yet now all of a sudden, when the curtain's been drawn pulled back from all of these people in the Democratic Party, all of a sudden, now she's coming out and saying, well, maybe he should have resigned. So, in other words, all the stuff that we were being told back in ninety six, and so that we were stupid, that we were you know, it's just about sex. All of a sudden, people are saying that, well, you know, this is a superior this is somebody taking advantage of an intern. And I remember at the time that her being twenty two years old, Oh, she was an adult.
Speaker 2: She you know, she knew.
Speaker 1: Better and all this ors. She was past the age of reasoning. Yet Hunter Biden forty five, fifty years old, he's just a kid. He made some mistakes. We shouldn't be so hard on president's children. Coming up with the bottom of the hour, we got Savannah Mattox when we were talking to her. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five k see the talk station.
Speaker 4: We know you're loving the new preset feature.
Speaker 1: Eight thirty in the morning, Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five krs the Talk Station. If you looked at my Facebook page, you'll know that I have my next guests of animatics State Representative sixty first district in Northern Kentucky. And I make no qualms about the fact that she is one of my favorite people in the whole world and probably the most conservative person down in Frankfort, hands down. Welcome back to the program, Savannah, great to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Good morning. Well, it's great to be back, Kevin.
Speaker 2: That's my pleasure.
Speaker 1: I admitted this to you yesterday that I've not been keeping my I guess my finger on the pulse of what's going on down there.
Speaker 2: So, what is.
Speaker 1: Going on down there in Frankfort so far?
Speaker 3: So we are in day nineteen of a thirty day legislative session, and we are reaching the ends. We've passed, made a few bills, but usually this is the time of year that things are really starting to heat up and we're getting a pulse on some of the good bills that need to pass, but also the bad bills that need to be killed. That's what I try to keep my eye on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, been some legislative victories. Can you talk about a couple of them, just to give us a thumbnail sketch of what the successes so far.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, early on in the session, we passed to build to lower the income tax by a half a percent, and that's being considered a victory. Obviously, I'm in favor of lowering the income tax by eliminating it all together, as well as eliminating the property tax on motor vehicles. I think that that's all we need to do, yeah, for sure, But right now people are kind of feeling like that half a percent is paltry, So well, we'll put that in the victory column. But you know, again, there's there's a whole lot more room with regard to tax reform, and it needs to be revenue negative and actually cut spending. That's the direction that we need to take in Frankfort, not just moving these taxes around to various other areas of the tax code.
Speaker 1: A little bit of doze activity is needed down in Frankfurt, I'm guessing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Unlike at the federal level, we have to have a balanced budget for our constitution. So in addition to any type of entity that would audit our spending and draw attention to it, we as legislators just need to be willing to say no to wasteful spending to actually make the difficult votes. There have been very few permutations of budgets that I have been able to vote in favor of my whole time in Frankfort. Because the wasteful spending is so pervasive. Four million dollars for a Japanese garden in Louisville. What is that? That's just one example of its kind of wasteful spending that we could be cutting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say, so that's a form Japanese garden, Okay, one of whose pockets are getting around.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, for four million dollars, it darnwell better be.
Speaker 12: H.
Speaker 1: I did see a post the other day talking about the well addressing egg prices and being farmers being able to sell more to the general public. Is how's that moving or moved or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this is something that we should have done long before egg prices started to skyrocket. We need good, strong, agricultural deepregulation. Kentuckians deserve access to locally sourced, affordable, nutritious foods, and this is an effort to allow farmers to or any type of egg producer to sell more eggs without the government regulation standing in the world. Between that and my real ID bill, those have both been very popular bills. And with the real ID bill, we're hoping to move the issuance of the standard driver's license back to the circuit clerks to stop these long wait times and the ridiculous hoops that people have had to jump through as a result of the failed implementation.
Speaker 4: Of real ID wonderful.
Speaker 1: We can pick that up because we've got to take a quick break here, But I would like to get into that because I think the last time I renewed my license it was before all of this went in a place, and I understand that there's a whole laundry list of things that you're going to need to produce going forward, and stuff you're going to have to prove that I find amazing. But maybe you can make some sense of it, or maybe I'm misinformed or whatever. But we'll talk about that coming up. My guess is of Animatics Kentucky State Representative District sixty one. Give us an update down in the Frankfurt Legislative session. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five K see the talk station.
Speaker 4: The countdown is on to our Nightheart Podcast Awards. Wy I bet Top, black Top, Web.
Speaker 1: Creativity, Knowledge and Passion will all be unfolded. Nine first War and forecast morning worth showers pretty much over. We're gonna have a little bit of sunshine this afternoon. Showers are possible in the afternoon, gonna be a high fifty one the fifties today, Tonight gonna be temperatures low thirty one Hartley breezy, cloudy tomorrow high of fifty.
Speaker 2: Seven and a low of thirty four.
Speaker 1: Right now forty seven degrees fifty five care see de talk station Chuck House traffic out there.
Speaker 7: From the UCL Traffic Center round forty percent of cancers. Our preventable lifestyle changes and screenings can make a difference called five one three, five eight five U see see see highway traffic clearing out a bit early sapband seventy five, though still heavy through walkland. That's an extra ten minutes sapbound seventy one. You're off ben on the breaks from two seventy five down to Red Bank northbound fourth seventy one clearing out into town sing for northbound seventy five. The bias of the slow goat Dixie to Kyles Chuck Ambramont fifty five K see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Eight forty coming up on eight to forty in the morning, Kevin Gordon and for Brian Thomas fifty five K see the talk station. Continue our conversation with Savannah mannox Is, Kentucky State Representative sixty first District giving us an update on what's going on down in the legislative session, day number nineteen of the thirty day session. Welcome, Thanks for hanging with us, Savannah. I certainly appreciate.
Speaker 3: It, absolutely my pleasure.
Speaker 1: Yes, So we were talking about real ID and some of the tweaks that need to be done with that, what is being proposed or what, Well, this kind of fills on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So we have folks that are having to drive long distances making an appointment to get their driver's license renewed, only to find that they're still having to wait multiple hours, in some cases half the day or longer, and then they sometimes their documentation is not sufficient or they fail an eye test. It's been a debacle, it's been a disaster. It's time for the legislature to stop pointing fingers and to fix this uh huh, once and for all. I want to do that by removing or by renewing the standard issued driver's licenses at the circuit clerk's office versus these regional centers.
Speaker 1: Right, it just doesn't make any sense where you have individual counties and county seats and then all of a sudden you consolidate this into a regional type of thing, of something that everybody has to do within that county. The purpose of having a county seat is where its convenient for everybody in that county to do stuff with their government.
Speaker 9: It just.
Speaker 2: Somebody dropped the ball on that one, for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So essentially we were accustomed at the county level to renew our license that way with our circuit clerks. But because of a knee jerk reaction at the federal level back in two thousand and five, twenty years ago, knee jerk reaction to nine to eleven, similar to the Patriot Act, the real ID has put this unfunded mandate on the states and required them to have this enhanced credentially, but not everybody needs a real ID. If you want to board an airplane or visit a military base or other restricted federal building, you've got to have real ID. But you can also use your passport or a passport card for those purposes. Some folks just want to get a driver's license, they should be able to do that in their home county without having to jump through all the hoops. And you know, I'm truly hopeful that we'll be able to get this done this well.
Speaker 1: Do it before I have to renew my license in about two or three years, I think, so, yeah, absolutely, I don't want to be yelling and screaming at a regional center for you know, because I can't get my driver's license.
Speaker 2: It's just you know, and I find it now.
Speaker 1: As part of that, you have to like prove citizenship right, whether like a birth certificate or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there is enhanced credential and you have to provide additional documents for the real ID. And that's part of the reason that they created these regional offices, because they said that our circuit clerks were not equipped for that enhanced process. And it's like, okay, fine, if you want a real ID, go to a regional center. But if you just want your driver's license, you shouldn't have to drive to one of these regional centers and wait all of that time, even if you have an appointment. You know, we've got instances that folks having an appointment and then showing up in the offices just can't.
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell on myself here. I'm seventy one years old. I know, I don't look at it because I'm so ruggedly handsome and everything. However, having not had to prove the fact that I'm a citizen for seventy one years, I think it's kind of appalling that all of a sudden, Hey, are you a citizen? I mean, come on, I think I had to have a driver I think I had to have a birth certificate originally when I got my driver's license when I turned sixteen. For crying out loud, it's just okay anyway, So what else is going on? What should we be aware of and talking to our representatives to get them pushed into a certain area on certain votes and certain bills that we should be paying attention to.
Speaker 3: I've got my eye on a bill that I think has the potential to be very dangerous. It just came out of Judiciary Committee yesterday. It's House Built ninety six called coercive control, and essentially it creates a mechanism for a red flaglaw insomuch as it changes the definitions under which someone can seek an emergency Protective Order an EPO. And in Kentucky, whenever you seek an EPO, you lose your ability to carry a firearm, or the person you're seeking the EPO against loses their ability to carry a firearm, and the definition would change to include language that is very scary, like, for example, if you use technology to humiliate or exert undue influence over someone that could be sufficient to have an EPO against you and lose your firearms. That is scary. So I'm doing everything I can to stop House Bill ninety six. It's a backdoor red flag or really an outright red flag, depends on how you look at it.
Speaker 2: Jeez.
Speaker 1: Okay, we need to take another quick break. Have you got time to hang with us and give us a couple more that we need to be paying attention to. So we definitely want to get some pressure on people to eliminate this house built ninety six.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right.
Speaker 1: My guest is Savannah Mattox, Kentucky State Representative, District sixty one, and just a phenomenon. We are got to tell you we are so lucky to have a watchdog like you down there supporting conservative causes and actually front and center taking the arrows and the abuse from people down there as a result of your conservative stance. And I can't tell you how much I appreciated. And I'm sure there's well, obviously there's a lot of people in Kentucky that do. So we'll continue our conversation with Savannah Mannicks. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five care see the talk station?
Speaker 4: Have you found.
Speaker 1: Eight point fifty in the morning, continue our conversation with Savanna Mannix.
Speaker 2: And I certainly appreciate you spending time with us this morning.
Speaker 1: I know you are so busy down there, and I'm just glad that you were able to spend some time with us this morning to kind of bring us up to date on what's going down down there in Frankfurt, Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Now, so other bills that we need to be watching and maybe talk to our legislators about and see if we can't move the needle up or down.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So we talked about a bad bill, but I want to talk about a good bill. Howse still one thirty nine. It's actually my bill, and it would expand our Second Amendment rights and it has a chance to move. I've been in conversations with the chair of the Judiciary Committee as well as our floor leader who is primary co sponsor with me. This bill would lower the constantitutional carry age from twenty one to eighteen, which is something that a multitude of other states have done something that we need to do, because if you can go overseas and fight for your country, you certainly should have your constitutional rights here at home. But it needs to move, it needs to move quickly. It has the potential to come up for a committee hearing on Wednesday of next week, but we are running out of time. So I would to ask that folks take a look at House Bill one thirty nine and ask their legislators to support it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and get behind that bill, that's for sure. And so many of the things that we look at in terms of what we expect of our eighteen year olds and then then deny them the full rights. You know, I know it's an issue as far as the drinking age, for instance, go overseas and die for your country, but you can't come back and have a drink. I mean, that's a whole nother and then of course the concealed carry thing as well. So it's it's amazing how some of these things just don't don't fit. And then yet well this is another subject for another day, but where somebody at age seven years old is smart enough and mature enough to transition, but we won't get into that right now, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, I mean absolutely. As far as not being able to take a drink or to light up a smoke after you've been overseas serving your country, that's astonine.
Speaker 14: But in this.
Speaker 3: Particular instance, the distinction that I would make is it's not a constitutional right. You your Second Amendment rights are constitutional rights. So exactly, definitely, And the Fifth Circuit has already issued an opinion and where we're seeing a multitude of cases within you know, the legal structure of this argument that it's time Kentucky. We could be facing litigation if we don't pass this law. So it's the right thing to do to holding the Constitution. We need to get it done.
Speaker 2: Okay, very good.
Speaker 1: Well, Savannah, I know you're driving back and forth and communing, and I think you told me yesterday ISS about a forty five minute drive, which yeah, anyway, that is not a you know, it's not like driving down the road to you know, forty five minutes or so. There's a lot of twists and turns down there. So I ask you to certainly, you know, make sure hopefully travel safe and all the best to you because you're such a bright spot down there. In Frankfurt for the conservative cause, and I certainly appreciate your efforts down there, and so travel safe and be safe.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, thanks so much.
Speaker 1: Kevin, Thank you, Savannah. I certainly appreciate it. Savannah Maddox, Kentucky state representative from the District sixty one, which is over in the Boon County area, And we didn't get into that, but she's not my representative, which I wish she was, but anyway, but a great person and fantastic and always a great person to talk to about what's going on down in Frankfurt. If you want to get the conservative view, that's the person to talk to. Well, folks, we're kind of running up against the clock here. It's been a blast. I appreciate being in here. Thank Joe for all of his efforts and all the bumper music and getting all the guests that we had scheduled and everything and get them on and with a flawless campaign here. I had a lot of stuff that we talked about today, and I certainly appreciate the opportunity to spend time with you this morning. And hey, we'll do this again sometime. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC the talk station from.
Speaker 6: A full rundown and the biggest headlines there's minutes away.
Speaker 4: At the top of the hour. I'm giving you a fact now, Americans should know. Fifty five KRS the Talk station. This report is sponsored by Rapid