Speaker 1: If you are a dog person, give me a solution to put Bernie in his kennel and then he barks for about thirty minutes and it's nick. You know, I feel bad for him. And last night I put him in his kennel b Burt bur Burt for about thirty minutes or so, and I kept waiting for him to stop, because eventually he does stop. And I said, Susan, I'm gonna go downstairs and they're gonna take him my shirt and put it in the kennel, because maybe he wants to know that I'm close by and that'll comfort him. She said no. She said, that's like a baby crying. Let that baby cry and he'll teach. And so she was right, yeah, valid, Yeah, But if you have any tips or anything about how to make a dog more comfortable in.
Speaker 2: A kennel, did you give him a treat when you put him in there?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Of course, yeah, that's how I lure him.
Speaker 2: He not used to like being in a kennel, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Why we don't know his full history. Yeah, but he's definitely showing some little quirks here and there, like barking at his reflection in the fireplace mirror was a little bit annoying. It was cute at first, but then he kept walking up to it and looking at himself and going right, and I'm like, dumb ass.
Speaker 2: Have you always kenneled all of your dog?
Speaker 1: No? We did not with any dog ever, except Josie when she got older, because she would pee. We would let her walk anywhere. She always slept downstairs on the couch, and then we had to put her in the kennel, which she did just fine in. Usually dogs like a kennel or crate, whatever you call it. Yeah, because that's like their den. They like to crawl in there. That's their own space with their own smell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we put our dogs in kennel's are huskies, because if we didn't, they would find a way to like rip apart something. So it'd be like okay, But then I mean, it got to the point where my dog would at like the second the sun went down, he would go into his kennel and then bark at us because he wanted to go to bed.
Speaker 2: He'd be like, excuse me, it's bedtime.
Speaker 4: Ah, really, excuse me, Hello, it's bedtime, And we were like, it's only seven thirty dude.
Speaker 1: I think that's the thing about dogs is that they each one has their own little eccentricity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So are you going to let Bernie eventually just roam free, but you just want to get them kennel trained early?
Speaker 2: I think so, yeah, because I say, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I love just letting dogs roam free at my house, but a lot of dogs I watch are kennel train and they do like to keep them in there at night, So I do whatever the owner tells me. But if a dog isn't kennel trained and that they're just used to roaming the house, that's what I let them do too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I don't have a problem with them roaming the house. But right now he does seem like they say, after a few days is the dog gets more comfortable. And it's been up four or five days now that they start to show their true selves a little bit more. And I think he is a little bit anxious because last night he would lay on the floor, then get up and jump on the couch, then lay on the floor, then barking himself in the fireplace class then look out the window and bark at something that was outside. And it's never a rule. Yeah, it's more like a ruf ruf. He's just chatting, I guess so. So finally I said, Bernie, come up on the couch, and he gets up on me and he is. This is one of the reasons I love him so much. He'll lay down, put his head on my shoulder or put his head on my arm and just be content. And that's where he's most content. And he's definitely becoming my dog because you know, Susan's got her cat. So and by the way, you can follow Bernie on Instagram the Bernie tails t a I l s and you can see him watching TV last night.
Speaker 3: Because what if Bernie's Instagram blows up and you studedly become one of those influencers that makes like a pet seven figures on Bernie's Instagram, that could be your retirement plan.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, there you go, run Bernie's Instagram account. Bernie, get up, We're gonna make a video. Yeah, all right, right, Juanita is here with her weekly rant.
Speaker 5: Hey y'all, Hey, So this week's rent is about the refrigerators at the job. So normally when I when I bring a lunch to work, I bring said that I don't have to put in refrigerator because I already heard all the horror stories about people getting the shit eight out the refrigerator. I just had one coworker just recently. She brought a ball of lasagna. Somebody fucking went in there and literally ate part of the lasagna, left the rest of it in the refrigerator with the fork that they ate with and put it on top of the bowl. They didn't even wash the fork off, they just left the fork sitting on top of the bowl. Oh. I would have kick their ass as soon as I found out who it was. So I made me a hamburger from at home, and I didn't put the hamburger in the refrigerator. I just put my lettuce and tomato and onion and a zip lock and I put that in refrigerator. And I put the cheese. I love pepper Jack cheese on a hamburger, and I put that in a refrigerator. So when I got when it was time for lunch and I got ready to go to lunch, my shit was gone. I got my hamburger on my bun, no lettuce, tomato, no cheese. I was fucking pissed. But if this is the part that really pissed me off. Is because I got in trouble because I locked the lunch room doors and I said, now one of you motherfuckers was leaving out of here until somebody tell me who stole my shit. Now, now I got somebody else to look for it, because somebody snitched and texted the supervisor and told them what I did. Fucking bastards.
Speaker 1: I love you, Wan. I've never had that happen, but I know that it's kind of a common thing. I just feel what. I would never number one do it. Number two, I would feel gross eating some strange I don't know who it is. It could belong to Corey Cove from down a k fan. Yeah, maybe he brought in some leftover lasagna.
Speaker 3: He would never he only needs chicken tenders.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he brought in chicken tenders, And I would never do that because it's like, no, that's gross. That's your food. You probably have picked at it and touched it.
Speaker 4: You've done that by accident once though, where you brought lunch in here and you started to eat it and then you ask Jenny and I are like, is this mine? Like, how are we supposed to know if it's yours? And you're, well, I don't remember if I brought this bag in or not.
Speaker 2: Is this mine? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And then I'll never forget the time that you brought. You come in with a huge container of blueberries, and I look over and I go, are those my blueberries?
Speaker 2: Oh? You know, you're right. I don't think I brought blueberries in today.
Speaker 3: And so you go to put them back in the fridge, but not without putting a whole pile on your plate you had first and taking home and then putting them back in the fridge.
Speaker 1: You're a generous person. You like to share, No, I do bringing blueberries are the best fruit there is for nutritional value in fiber. Did you know this?
Speaker 2: Do You said that to me recently?
Speaker 3: But I love a blueberry, but I've been on a BlackBerry kick lately.
Speaker 2: Those are my berries I like.
Speaker 1: All right? Yeah. I sat on the screen at Snap, So while you're working out at Snap, there's a screen with all kinds of health and well being tips on the screen. Yeah, and I've learned a lot of things, and one of the only thing that I remember right now off the top of my head is blueberries are the best fruit. Okay. Christen writes in she says, I get another random question. What is something you've always wanted to do, but you're way too scared to do it? For me, I've always loved suspension piercing. It looks so freeing, but at the same time, it would be something cool to know I've overcome it, but I can't imagine the pain. I'll always be way too scared to ever try it. What is suspension piercing.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna google.
Speaker 4: I think that's when you get piercings on your back and you like, I think it's gross. I mean, in my humble opinion, from my point of view, it's called scary.
Speaker 2: But who is this from?
Speaker 1: This is from Kristin. She's a regular contributor to The Minnesota Goodbye, Kristin.
Speaker 2: I guess, I guess I don't know exactly if that's correct or not. So sorry, No, no, I think this is what it is. I thought it was like, you get piercings on your back and.
Speaker 3: Like, no, I mean, unless it's this extreme, but I kind of feel like I've seen this before.
Speaker 1: What is it, Jenny?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's literally people being hooked and being suspended from just like lines of things that have hooks on them, so they hook it into their skin.
Speaker 2: See that's what I thought.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then you're like lifted by a little mini crane or something. Yeah, got the jeeves? Yeah, I mean, I don't. It's funny. I don't. Certain people are into things that I'm just not into. Like somebody who gets their tongue pierced. I don't know. I mean, first of all, I'm out of the demo for getting your tongue piers Yeah, but full facial piercings.
Speaker 2: Know, Well, what's something that you would do but you're scared to do it?
Speaker 1: Rock climbing. I mean seriously, I would love to rock climb. Tenish years or so ago, Alison and I were at Devil's Tower in Wyoming and that's the one that looks like a big tree stump grown out of the prairie. It's amazing and it's like six hundred foot high and it's totally climb a bowl. And we went to a climbing outfitter and we were going to do it, and I just chickened out because I hate heights. But I wanted the adventure and Alison and I we can be kind of adventuresome together. And I thought this would be a really cool thing to do, but I was just terrified that I would get like thirty feet up and I would just be like, no more, I can not. But I would love to be able to climb something, but I would have to be one hundred percent absolutely guaranteed that I'm not going to fall and die.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, if as I thought, the people who do like aerial silks in the like that are hanging Lina does that. Yeah, aerial silks and like pole Like, if you have to like climb up something, I know I'm gonna end up dropping something, hitting my head and dying.
Speaker 2: But if I could guarantee try.
Speaker 1: That, because Lena, she's Bethanie Watson on Instagram, used to be on the show and for some reason, out of nowhere, she did aerial silks or whatever. Yeah, and she twists them around her hands and her legs and it's beautiful to watch.
Speaker 3: Cool. Yeah, what about I think she once said she started it because she's not She wanted to do something physically active, but she doesn't like working out. Yeah, so I think she was like, I'm going to just give this a try and then really liked it, and that's probably doesn't work out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's part of the reason I want to because I love burlesque. But that's not necessarily like a workout. But ariels and pole, Like, I know so many girls who do poll who are just ripped, yeah, and then have such core strength.
Speaker 2: I'm like, dang, that seems nice. That would be cool.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's it called when you jump off the cliffs and then you look like you're like a flying squirrel a wingsuit? Yes, Okay, that's what I think I would want to. Yeah, No, I'm terrified and I would never Yeah, I'm just saying that, like, that's something that I think would be so cool.
Speaker 1: I've seen enough wingsuit accident videos. One of the very famous one happened at the Royal Gorge Bridge in Colorado. And if you look up Royal Gorge Bridge wingsuit pass, there's a guy and I think he jumped out of an airplane. And the Royal Gorge Bridge is just astounding. At one time it was the world's highest suspension bridge. It's not anymore, but it's about one thousand feet above the river, the Arkansas River in Colorado. And the guy was, you know, he's a professional train stunt person, dives out he's in his wingsuit and he's about to fly either just over or just under the suspension bridge. He misjudged it and smacked at about one hundred and ten miles an hour into a pillar on this bridge and body part. I talked to one of the river guides and he said he was down on the river that day and body parts started raining down on the river and it's just horrifying, and I'm like, Nope, no wingsuits for me. I saw another one where it's you're looking at an overhead drone shot of a guy about to jump off of a cliff in a wingsuit, and he jumps off and he never appears again. So, in other words, he didn't sail out over the valley. He just plummeted. So I don't know how anybody's like, yeah, wingsuit, that sounds cool. No thanks, Did you name one Jenny yet that that was your suit? That your okay? Next one, Anna writes, and I hope you're all well. I hope enough time has passed that this is funny and not sad for Jenny to hear. Must have been right after Jenny became single. I noticed she was on the show Less. I was first worried that she was dealing with family issues with her sister's health and then maybe like a more bathroom urgent issues, including increasing frequency. My heart went out to her, thinking something must be really going south. Never did I think she'd experience a breakup, because who in their right mind would leave a perfect woman like her? Only somebody who didn't see her true value. Well, we don't know whether Jenny left them or they left. We don't know. Hope your day consists of only planned bathroom breaks and not the emergency kind. Funny you bring that up, Anna, because it is gonna shit a literal shit storm in the studio today. There is all over the walls.
Speaker 2: There is not all over the wall.
Speaker 1: It smells like shit in here, Thank you, Jenny.
Speaker 2: We're surrounded.
Speaker 3: No, you notice accurately, Yes that I was not on the show or talking, probably as much because I was dealing with some shit.
Speaker 2: But no today.
Speaker 3: Last night, at like eleven PM, my stomach was gurgling and I had to sprint into the bathroom within seconds, and I spent like thirty minutes in there and then finally go to sleep. But this morning I came in and I told Bailey and Day right, away. I was like, guys, my stomach fucking hurts today, and so I keep running to the bathroom thinking I need to go. I don't, And then Bailey's been scared to follow me into the bathroom because we have such a limited time to go, just like.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry if you're pooping in here, but I have to be so bad. So yeah, no, that has been my day today. But that was not what was going on.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's sweet. You know, here's the funny thing. I mean, I don't know how it is at your office, but we all work together for four hours where we get a bathroom break and you know, during a song or commercials, we can go get something to eat or go to the bathroom. But there are emergency situations where one of us will say, I'm going to take a break, I'll be back. I don't know when I'm going to be back, but I might not make it back in time for the next on air break. And that's the way it is, because we all work so closely and we don't even bat an eye about it anymore. If Bailey runs with her hand over her butt towards the bathroom, we don't go there. Look at Bailey we're like, okay, well hope everything comes out okay, and then.
Speaker 2: It's a hilarious joke.
Speaker 4: If someone isn't back in time, then we'll just be like, well they're pooping, yeah, even if they're not.
Speaker 3: You did have a situation last week day where you weren't back in time, and so I started covering, and I tried to be an adult and not bring it up when you came back to the studio.
Speaker 2: But somebody else, Bailey, where were you? Bailey good By?
Speaker 1: It's funny pooping, Denise writes in she says, my name is Jenny. I'm a loyal listener since the early two thousands. I hope it's okay to ask, But I was wondering if there's any chance I might be able to visit the station sometime next week. I moved to New alm three years ago after spending my whole life in the Twin Cities, and I always take the week of my birthday off to come back and soak up a little city time I'll be in town. Was thinking maybe Monday or Wednesday would work. If visits are something you allow, totally understand. If it's not possible, I just figured i'd shoot my shot. Thanks so much either way, Denise Olsen, Denise, were flattered that you want to come on your birthday? I think did she say her birthday? Birthday week? She's coming to the cities. We're flattered that you want to come by, so absolutely, I will write you back and we'll set up a time. Now, we wouldn't say this on the radio, because you know, I mean, we love having people come by. We had a guest in the studio today, Joe Gonzalez from Turlock, California. Listens in California find us on the iHeartRadio app and then he listens every day, knows all about the Twin Cities, knows how to say why Zetta and Joe and his wife Amanda came in today to see the studio and say hi to everybody and meet everybody. And we're super flatter that anybody wants to do that. I would never put that out on the radio because one thing about having visitors in the studio is we get distracted because we are all of a sudden not looking at our computer screen. We're chatting up with whoever comes in. And if we don't chat, then we feel rude. But if we chat, then we lose track of what we're doing.
Speaker 2: And then we're like suddenly going back to like, oh wait a second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's not like we don't it's not like they're not allowed to come in, but we just kind of like have a like we've learned that if we have too many peoples. So, but if you're on the if you listen to Minnesota Goodbye, and you ever want to visit the radio station, yeah, send me an email. I'm sure we can work it out. Sure. Yeah, speaking of a New Olm because she moved Fraud lives in New Olm. Remember we were talking to somebody about the okay, what was it, the Herm and the German. Remember the German? So she said, okay, Herman the German is the giant German statue and trying to find it. Yeah, here she is, Hannah, She said, here is our kids on top of the Herm and the German statue. If you ever want to climb it, I would try to knock it out this summer. Just trust somebody whose husband works in construction that crushed up rock and Herman has a rock foundation that is old and not doing great. If you catch my drift all right now I'm nervous to climb the herm in the German statue.
Speaker 2: So we'll do it now before it crumbles.
Speaker 1: Before it crumbles. Yes, and that is going to do it for the Minnesota Goodbye. There are some other ones we haven't gotten to yet, so thank you, but we always would love to have more for the Minnesota Goodbye, so send your emails into Ryan Show at kd WB dot com. We'll get you on the next episode. There won't be one tomorrow because it's Juneteenth, but we'll get you on Friday's Minnesota Goodbye.