Speaker 1: It's nice, I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: Well, another tough day on the stock market. Uh there was. It was kind of a wild roller coaster day to day. And I'm sure that anybody who was sitting there watching Bloomberg or whatever you watch, probably watched the market up and down. The the market. The Dow ended up off quite a bit, about three hundred points, a little bit more than that. So, uh no, no hope insight. The futures tomorrow look good, but but who knows. And so the the crisis over the the Trump tariffs. There apparently today was a spike, a positive spike because at some point there was some suggestion that made maybe they were going to pause on the future on I should say pause on the tariffs. That was then knocked down. So the market spiked up, it opened down, then it came back up. I mean it was. It was truly a roller coaster today. It is well, stock market is not for the fate of heart. There's one story that says a seven million, seven minute, two point five trillion dollar rally confounds where investors. Apparently the nie K average has come back and the Japanese stock market is up today again. They're half a world away obviously, and they're well into into Tuesday morning, but the nie K is up five point five percent. So I don't know. I'm not a stock market expert. Maybe some of you are, but I'd love to hear from you. There was some I think there might have been some hope today that Prime Minister yet Netanya, who would come to the White House and make some sort of an announcement on Israel. And I guess he did, but it wasn't as dispositive as people had hoped, because that certainly didn't do much to put the market back on track. This is this is Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, the Israeli Prime Minister. Cut number twenty nine, please rob cut twenty nine in the list.
Speaker 3: Perhaps the subject of self interest today, I can tell you that I said to the President of our super think we will eliminate the trade deficit with the United States. We intend to do it very quickly. We think it's the right thing to do, and we're going to also eliminate trade barriers, a variety of trade barriers that have been put up unnecessarily. And I think Israel conserve as a model for many countries who ought to do the same. I recognize the position of the United States. It says, you know, we allowing other countries to put tariffs on us, but we don't put tariffs on them. And you know, I'm a free trade champion, and free trade has to be fair trade. And I think that's basically the position that you have put forward, mister Prendan, And we are going to eliminate the tariffs and rapidly. I added the opportunity to speak to Secretary Locknick yesterday. We talked about how we could affect this quickly, and I hope to bring the solution very quickly. We're not talking about intentions, We're not talking about uh, you know.
Speaker 2: Just words.
Speaker 3: We're talking about results. Those results are going to come back. That's the first.
Speaker 2: That's very nice.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well again, what have you done. Obviously, the the big stock market dip, and it's an understatement to call it a dip, began on Thursday. Many people have to Thursday thought well, friday'll come back. No, it didn't come back. It was actually worse on Friday than it was on Thursday, and over the weekend a lot of uncertainty and there are a lot of people who watch their retirement accounts and many people rely upon their retirement accounts. And all of this was put in motion with the president's a Rose Garden news conference of a week ago Wednesday. So I'm basically going to open the conversation up and give you an opportunity to tell me what you have done or not done. If you've done nothing and watch the market go down, how confident are you that it's going to go up again? The futures would suggest that tomorrow it will bounce back, but it's going to have quite a way to go to get back to where it was just a few days ago or a few weeks ago. If you have taken action, and if you if you have sold a lot of stocks, I'd love to know when you sell, when you sold them, and do you regret at this point selling them? And if you've actually gone into the market late today and bought some stocks, you might look like if tomorrow you're gonna that tomorrow you might have a good day. So, Uh, those are the questions. Uh six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty. And then the question is that on top of this, there is the political veneer on this. Uh, if you are a Trump supporter, you probably look at this a little differently than if you're someone who is a Trump detractor. Uh. And again, I'd never like to see politics injected into anything, whether it's a conversation about sports or medicine. Politics should stay where politics should stay in politics period. I don't like to see politics in the theater. I don't like to see it in the arts. I don't like to see it on college campuses. I think, leave it where it is. But of course it leads over into everything, everything in our society. So six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty we are now three days, three days into this market drop tomorrow. And again you don't have to put any faith in the futures, because sometimes the futures say up and the market goes down. Sometimes they say down and the market goes up. I just love to know what you're thinking at this point, and is it armageddon or is this something? Is this a buying opportunity, I guess would be the way. I certainly don't want to guide anyone because I'm not a professional investor, nor do I play one on the radio. This is an opportunity to get your thoughts and ideas on what is happening in this country, and two weeks from now you can look back and you say, you know what I was pressured, not me, you were prescient, or maybe you would want us to erase the phone call. Coming back on Nightside, not looking for predictions per se, but what you think is likely to happen. Where will be a week from now, where we'll be? Where will we be a month from now? Where will we be a year from now? I don't know. Donald Trump says We'll be in the Golden Age? Does it feel to golden right now? Back on Nightside right after.
Speaker 1: This, you're on night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Well, let's go to the phone. See what people have to say. Let me start off with them Will in Long Island, Hey, Will, welcome back. How are you?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 5: Dan? So? Yeah, I know, you know, I own my own business, but you know, for the first twenty summit, I would say almost twenty years, I was a licensed insurance agent and stockbroker. I've seen a lot of I've seen a lot of you know, market reactions and crisses and all types of things that I've started it since.
Speaker 4: I was before I was out of high school.
Speaker 5: Right, but what you're seeing right now. If people say that or they think they could prognosticate and tell you what's going to happen, they're wrong because nobody can tell you that, because nobody knows what's going to happen. The earnings calls that are going on right now have to sound something like, we don't know because we don't know what tariffs are. We don't know what they will be. We don't know if they're going to happen. We don't know if they're going to be on pause. They're on pause, then they're on and they're off. We don't know what he's going to negotiate.
Speaker 2: Well, the one thing the market doesn't like is uncertainty, I mean, but obvious.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, but now you also have some other factors, right, So, like I have shorted the market several times over the fast year because earnings and all these things are not in line with the valuations of these companies. Apple was worth three trillion dollars. That's more than the GDP of many large nations like Canada and Russia. Okay, things like that, right, So, and I know a lot of people that manage a lot of money, hundreds of millions of dollars, right, and I'm like, why am I wrong? My shorts are short lived because I'm always like so wrong, right, thing keeps moving. So now you see this bad news obviously or news that can you know? This is a global realignment. This is a changing of the way we've been doing business for like one hundred years.
Speaker 2: Okay, just pause for a second. Will for those in my audience who may not know what you mean when you say you shorted the market, explain to them what that means. Most people think, Okay, I'm going to buy a stock and hope that it's going up. You're doing it just right, No, tell.
Speaker 5: Us right, it's the opposite. And you can do the same thing with individual stocks. You can do the same things where the change traded funds you go, you make money when it goes down.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: So in a lot of situations, we saw the Nadack. It took I don't know decades for it to go from twelve hundred to five thousand, and then it went from five thousand to twelve hundred in a year. So this is where they're smart. Where the big money this everybody has money in a bull market, the wealth effect. Everybody feels great, it's great, the screen's green every day. That happens for years sometimes, right, and then look how fast COVID. That was an exceptional situation. But look how fast the market dropped, you know, twenty thirty, forty fifty percent. Look at two thousand and eight banking crisis, Look at the dot com bomb. This is when the smart money makes its money and everybody else gives it all back. It's like playing craps when you're on the table and the bets keep building up, but you never take your money off the table and then boom. Now, if you have a long horizon, that's no problem when you have thirty forty years to invest, But if you have your money in speculative things or even just regular stops.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let me let me ask you this. Okay, I understand that. So now you look at the market. The market's down what about five meaning the the down now is down right, six thousand points in the last week.
Speaker 5: Okay, tomorrows which is which is about fifteen percent or so.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, the futures tomorrow are looking like it's going to be a good day. That can change overnight, obviously, But of course, would you be shorting the market since the market is down so much, or do you feel the market has come down to a place where it's going to settle and that's going to be what we're going to deal with.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, personally, I'm short still and I'm gonna hold it still. Even though short ETF shorts like sqqs and things like that, you don't really want to hold them long term. But right now, I think the short pressure on the market and just the overall market uncertainty. It may bounce hard tomorrow, go up a thousand points, and tomorrow will be a bad day for me, But then overall, over the next couple of months, I believe the short is the plate for me, but not for all of my portfolio, just for a nice portion, and especially since I have to hold some stocks. I will use it as a hedge. Right. I didn't just sell out of everything, although I did sell a lot of things. I'm using it as a hedge against the things that I'm going to own long term.
Speaker 2: Right when did you sell?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: WHOA? When did you sell?
Speaker 5: I sold when Trump became the president of the United States because I understood what tariffs mean. And I knew he wasn't bluffing, right, So I sold into strength when I could, and I sold a lot of positions that I thought were going to be definitely reliant upon. Uh, you know products that are are pieces of their products that they build that are important.
Speaker 2: With the cash. Did you realize from the sale when Trump became president? Uh, did you get back in the market? Is that sitting on the side.
Speaker 5: That's sitting on the side. And I think there'll be times to get back in the market, but right now it's just not like a blanket attack at the market. It's more like a oh, well, I really like this company long term, and now I could buy at a discount. So this is something that I'll add to. But I'm having conversations with a lot of people that I know that didn't even understand basic arithmetic in high school and didn't couldn't do algebra, and now they're, you know, because they are on Facebook, they're like experts and like not just the market, but like in tariffs in general.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, all right, well you have laid out very nicely what it means, and and a lot of people, you know, would not even understand what you were talking about, but you explained it very well, and I thank you for doing that.
Speaker 5: And if you have time, If you have time, you don't think about it. If you don't really have time, your investment advisors should have had your in safer things to begin with than common stop. So really that's how you might look at it, all right, Dan, how a good one, buddy.
Speaker 2: Thank you much. Six one seven, two, five, four to ten thirty. One there and one at six one seven, well, six one seven, two, five four to ten thirty. Just philed you got You can get in at six one seven, nine three one ten thirty just as easily. Mike is in Beverly, Mike next on Nightsig go right.
Speaker 6: Ahead, Hey Dan, I can you hear me?
Speaker 2: I can hear you? Fine, right, Mike?
Speaker 6: So are you gonna go through this everyday deal with the market situation? Well?
Speaker 2: I think that it's been an interesting period of time. It's not been a fun period of time or a happy period of time, but I think it's the story of the day. Is there is there a bigger story that you'd be interested in talking about other than the market tonight?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: How about Joe Biden's cognitive decline, everyone from his administration of writing books the autostop.
Speaker 2: So okay, so Joe Biden's cognitive decline. When one of those authors wants to reach out to us and talk about that, that's fine. But that's not the story of the day, Mike. I mean, maybe a fascinating story. And I think most of us recognized he had cognitive decline while he was president. Not everyone, but for me, that's, you know, for something that people are going to want to talk about.
Speaker 6: For me, it's, you know, they how much the Democratic Party gas fight, all their voters all of a sudden when the back, when the back thing they knew he couldn't win, and how bad it was. And and that's not a story for today.
Speaker 2: Uh No, that's a story that I think was was very much a story last summer when he finally agreed to vacate the nomination. And I think that that laid a foundation for Ray and the Democratic We've talked about that for weeks weeks, Mike. You listen to that.
Speaker 6: Now, all of a sudden he's out of office, all his people in that office. You know, a guy who went out the network, writes a book. You know, all these books are coming out now, and like, you know, people squeeling now, well, we knew point blank he couldn't do it, but they're.
Speaker 2: Telling all this Yeah again again, Mike, I think I think you're you're getting excited about that. And what will happen is what we do is my producer will reach out to some of these publishers and they're going to want to be on my show. And I want to read the book ahead of time so that we can find I felt all along that the reason that Joe Biden was put out to debate Donald Trump last June was it was a setup by the people with his administration and they wanted to see what his capacity really was and uh, and they probably knew it was going to lay the foundation for him not being the nominee. It's a great story, Mike, but the story of the last three days is the story.
Speaker 6: Being Trump and all the tarrors and all that sort of stuff. And like you know, all this, Joe, how much the Democratic Party gash side of their own people.
Speaker 2: Again, We'll get to it, Mike, But I got to pick. I got to pick the stories of the day that more people are interested in. And Joe Biden at this point is yesterday's news, and we will talk to some of these authors, uh, and we will get into it in great depth. I promise you that.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: The me industry, the auto work is the wall and the agricol said, uh, workers all support the tariffs because we don't sell our products all a sea, but they can sell it to lots, you know. And I watch the market. I get that, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, And we'll see tomorrow it might be a better day for the market. We'll see, we'll see, Mike. Thank you for your call. Appreciate you very much. Good night. Uh. You can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time. That is one line that just opened up. Six one seven. Your thoughts on the market? What have you done? What have you not done? Where do you think we're going? Where will be? Where will we be a week from now or a few months from now or a year from now. We're coming back on night Side right after the news at the bottom of the.
Speaker 1: Hours Night Eyes on Boston's news radio, Free Coffee.
Speaker 2: I might I might drive to Lemonster find a pothole. I just want to correct one of my guests during the eight o'clock hour, we spoke with Rob Monroe of the Conquered two point fifty Executive Committee. He's the co chair of that committee, and I asked for his website and he mistakenly said it was dot com. If you want to get information on Conquered two fifty, just go to Conquered all one, you know, one word conquered and then two five zero dot org and that will get you the information all you need to know about the celebrations on April nineteenth, actually April actually on April nineteenth, Saturday, April nineteenth is when they celebrate the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the Battles of Lexington and Conquered, So conquered two five zero, conquered two fifty the numbers two five zero, conquered two fifty dot org. Okay, And sometimes people come on the show and I ask him that and they they just kind of blank out, even though he's probably worked in it now for it for months, if not longer. Back to the call as we go, Let's see Rick is in Dover, Dover, New Hampshire. I originally thought it was Dover, mass but Rick welcome back. Hi.
Speaker 8: How you doing and I doing great?
Speaker 2: What's what's what's your thought tonight? Rick? How are you.
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 8: Good? Still breathing? So that's a good one.
Speaker 2: That's a good play to start, that's for sure.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that Perst guy you had on seemed the no stocks a lot better.
Speaker 7: Than now you.
Speaker 8: I wish I knew more, and I believe the smart money is doing what he's doing, you know, selling short. I'm just wondering a few things.
Speaker 5: I've been listening to a lot of them lately, and uh, you know, they.
Speaker 8: So called experts and they said, uh, well, the only way cars could work in this country as if we started building factories. And nobody seems I haven't heard anything about the government or Trump or the Rhino. Who's offering anybody money to build new factories.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think it's up to the I don't think it's up to the government to First of all, there's a lot of factories, the buildings that have been abandoned. But building factories are kind of like trees. You know, when the best time to plant the tree is.
Speaker 8: Rick, fifty years ago.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly exactly. So if you try to if you're trying to address a long term problem. You gotta start as soon as you can. Uh and right, my understanding, And I don't follow this as closely as maybe some people do. Know, will I pretend to? I believe that there are some auto factories that are now bringing workers back on in anticipation of some more work. I mean, this is kind of an old argument which goes to the to the question of should we as Americans buy American or should we buy from wherever. Now, I will admit to you that for a long time I've bought Volvo automobiles because I thought they were the safest cars. I'm no longer as much of a fan of Vovo as I once was, and so maybe that my next car will be something other than a Vovo. And I'm actually looking at someone had suggested that Toyotas are really good cars, and I'm not sure if Toyota is a manufactured here or not. It gets a little confusing. Okay, sure, but but look, all of us. I suppose that there's plenty of things in your house, in my house that are manufactured in foreign countries. That doesn't help our economy as much. Yeah, right, I'm sure, But but that doesn't help our economy. And we found out during COVID that we could apply line problems with things like computer chips and pharmaceuticals, and that that has That's a great a concern to me. I want to make sure that that if and when you were.
Speaker 8: Jobs, what we need. We need good paying jobs. We don't want to need people putting bolts in our apple uh you know whatever that guy's talking about Apple phones.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that most guys and women who work on assembly lines in Michigan or wherever the cars are being made these days, I think those are pretty good paying jobs. I saw Sean O'Brien from the Teamsters union in one of the newspapers this morning, I think it was a herald saying that it's it's long overdue to get some these jobs back to America. I think we have gone in the direction of let's get the best, the cheapest, and we forgot about, you know, our own economy. And Trump is basically taking a position Rick that the Democrats used to espouse. The Democrats used to be quote unquote for the working guy. Remember that sort of language.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then Reagan did NAFTA and I could never figure out the NAFTA thing.
Speaker 2: Reagan didn't do NAFTA. That was Bill Clinton.
Speaker 8: He did the free trade agreement, didn't he?
Speaker 2: I think he might have done the Mexico the Mexico Canada, there was a free trade agreement, but NAFTA. The North American Free Trade Agreement, which was the formalization of it, was signed by Clinton in nineteen ninety three. Now there were some more.
Speaker 8: What it was Clinton that I got it wrong?
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it was Clinton. As a matter of fact, at the time, I said that if it had been a Republican that was going to sell out the unions, it never would have happened under Reagan. But Clinton had the Democrats kind of fall into place.
Speaker 8: Now this was that was the worst thing I think ever happened. Yeah, well yeah.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying to you is that's what the Democrats used to always talk about, the working guy. And then Trump made a lot of inroads amongst blue collar workers when he when he had his dog and pony show in the Rose Garden the other day, he had a delegation of ua W members sitting there cheering him. You might have seen that, I think.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I've seen some of it. Well, I just don't understand how we can compete with companies, you know, like China. How can we compete with China? They only you know, they only pay the people like a dollar a day.
Speaker 2: Well you sound like Trump. Now now you're sounding like Trump because he's saying we can't compete with those people. Well, well here's the deal. Here's my question to you. Okay, and again I don't I don't want to sound like I'm a Trumpet here, but it's interesting. I've never been to Japan, but I'm told that it's almost impossible to buy an American make car in Japan. However, I see every day hundreds of Japanese cars driving by me when I drive anywhere.
Speaker 8: They make the best cars.
Speaker 2: They Well that's great, that's great. So I think that American cars are coming back. And I think that maybe we have learned that lesson. And that's all I mean. The second big you know, look.
Speaker 6: I all the works out.
Speaker 8: You know, if the European Union goes down to zero percent, we go to zero percent.
Speaker 6: I think that's a big win.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what that's what Trump says he's shooting for. So we'll have we'll have to see. By the way, I would prefer. I mean, the biggest thing most of us ever buy is the house or the condo in which we live. We can agree on that, right, Yes, what's the second biggest item you and I might buy during our lifetimes? Periodically? It starts with your car? A car? You got it right. So what I'm saying is if I buy a couple of Kreddy T shirts that are made in Vietnam or Thailand for where did the beach in the summertime?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: I like to buy my T shirts from College Hype in Dorchester because it's a friend of mine. But but what it's If you buy a two dollars or ten dollars item from Japan or China or Canada or Mexico, it doesn't have a big impact on our economy. But if you buy cars from overseas. And I bought cars, I bought Vovos. I admit to it. Okay, I'm not gonna lie. Everybody who knows me knows, but I'm not buying another Vovo.
Speaker 8: We'm not building cars to break down. That's the problem, you know.
Speaker 2: I think America, I think the idea of planse obsolescence may be over. Hey, Rick, I got a run here. I'm up my break. I'll let you go as always, you're a great car up. Thanks much, Rick, Touch to you soon and have a great night. Six one seven, two five four ten thirty. One line there and one line and six one seven nine one ten thirty. I want to talk about this for the rest of the night because I think it's interesting, and I think politically it's interesting too, because Trump is sounding more and more like the Democrats of old. It used to be the Republicans who were who were the guys of you know, free trade, free trade. It doesn't matter. He's basically stolen, in my opinion, the positions, and it showed him the poll, it showed him the results last oven. But back on Nightside, right after this.
Speaker 1: Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, back we go. Let me go to Sandy in Dover, Massachusetts. Sandy, you're next on Nightside.
Speaker 7: Welcome, Hi Dan, How are you good?
Speaker 2: Sandy? How you doing?
Speaker 7: I'm good? You did? You just had a caller from Dover, New Hampshire.
Speaker 2: I got it. I got all the dovers covered here on nights Side, right aad. I love it, Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna give you just a QUI. I am sixty seven years old. I am a double major in economics and business, all right, And my comments, I'd like to make the more macro than micro. I really I think that. I think the things that are happening right now are macro in nature, such as changing from the gold standard under Nixon, such as the New Deal under Rosevelt. What what Trump is doing is changing what was the world order? What was the normality, what was the everybody knew about? And he is changing all of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've used the word I've used the word transitional. I don't know if you would accept.
Speaker 7: That that's a good one. No, transitional is is, But I think it's it's it's I think it's almost more impactful than trans I think it's like changing.
Speaker 2: Okay, I get you drift.
Speaker 7: Okay. So from the macro point of view, thirty thousand foot view, this is a change with the tariffs, with the tariffs, this is a change in the world order. And I'm not saying that I know everything. I am not a day trader. There are always going to be companies, individual companies that go up and down no matter the economic environment. What I'm suggesting is that this is a world order. I actually took some four to one K money on March twenty seventh, and I was completely invested in the stock mutual funds, but the stock I took everything on March twenty seventh and put it in a money market fund, earning four point one percent a short term money.
Speaker 2: Good for you. That was a great moment, was very.
Speaker 7: Good because when the Liberation Day was going to happen, I knew, and you use the term the market hates uncertainty. Sure, and if market does not know of the playing field that they are operating in, that's uncertainty and the market's state uncertainty. So I took all the money out put it. And I'm an equity I'm a stockmart I'm a capitalist. I like business, So I took it out of the market. Things go down. I'm not gonna short things or I'm not going to play the timing. I just I saw uncertainty. So I took it all out of the market, and in a month or two or two weeks or six months, I don't know, I'm going to get back into the stock market. I believe that capitalism, that's where the company right.
Speaker 2: So therefore, you're not ready to go in tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Not quite yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough, okay, all right, Candy. I appreciate your analysis right in the money. I think have you called before since your first time.
Speaker 7: Calling, I have called WBZ Radio since Garry Williams.
Speaker 2: Have you called this show before? I don't recall you as a call to this show.
Speaker 7: I have called night Side multiple times.
Speaker 2: Well, do me a favorite, be more frequent caller, because I enjoyed the conversation.
Speaker 7: Very and if I could slip in one last one, I think the conversation with the Israeli Prime minister today where they tended, they sounded like they were going to reach an agreement. I think that's going to be the basis for other agreement with other countries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would think, yeah, once one is in the door, Yeah, that's that's that would be a good that would be a good sign. Sandy, as always, thank you so much. We'll talk again.
Speaker 7: Thank you, appreciate it, Dan, thank you.
Speaker 2: Good night. Thanks. Let me go to Ken down in Florida. Ken, how are you done in Florida?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I missed you. It's been a few months. I haven't talked to you in a while.
Speaker 2: Well, that's not my fault. I've been here many many nights, so you are always welcome. Go right ahead, Ken.
Speaker 4: I know this, Dan, I'm far from a financial expert. I am kind of all in and what Trump's doing, it is a bit unsettling watching the stock market in all the markets plummet. But I do kind of agree with his opinion, you know, short term pain, long term gain. And I do like the fact that he's trying to equal out the trade deficits with other countries. I mean, I think we are getting you know, I don't use the word, but we are getting bleeped over by these other countries. And I think he's finally the first president's going to really, you know, make a bold step to try to correct that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we've we've talked about it a little bit in the last few nights. The market looks like it might have a good day tomorrow, So you never know, because sometimes it'll it'll predict a good day and it turns out to be a bad day and vice versa. But but right now, the.
Speaker 4: Retirement, my knees retirement to come through work. But I did, uh, I won't mention it. I bought it. I download an app, and I've been buying stock, and I tell my buddy, my best friend out in Phoenix, now the time to buy, just buy bye bye. And I don't have you know, I don't have the kind of cash to throw around like you know.
Speaker 7: To buy.
Speaker 4: If I had it, I be buying a lot of Tesla right now as a plummets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is down, there's no doubt about that.
Speaker 4: Uh oh, the great bargain. It's a it's a buyer's market. I mean, you know, I grew up a poor kid. I don't have a lot of cash in my bank account to be buying stuff at sixty years old. But if it's a buyer's market, Dan, this is the time to buy. I've been buying this cheap crypto stock and some other stuff that's within my budget now five six seven dollars a share. I bought some Ford stock that was about nine dollars a share, you know, not a lot, though, I mean I wish I could you know buy.
Speaker 2: You bought you bought Ford was nine dollars.
Speaker 4: A share something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's pretty good. I'm going to double check that one. That's what I might want to be thinking about.
Speaker 4: I mean, I would invest in American automakers because I think, you know, finally we were present with the guts that's going to say, hey, you know, open up the markets. Like like you heard what girl the callers say, you know you can't. I think you did say I drive an out. It's sixteen years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, by the way, you're right. For the Ford Ford stock is nine uh nine dollars and twenty four cents a shoe, actually thirty four cents. Well in the futures tomorrow it's it's after hours tonight, it's up a nickels. So whatever it was as high as what wasn't that you know, it's only been as high as well, that's today. I guess what do I let me look at this year to date it's been whereas it was up around ten to fifty earlier the year, and then it was down.
Speaker 4: You know, like what Trump's doing. And it is painful to watch the start market. You watch a business report and watch watch the markets plummet. But you know, I think he's doing the right thing because you know, it's all about uh, what's the word he's using. Represent I can't say the word.
Speaker 2: Recipro, reciprocity, yep, yep to a.
Speaker 4: Degree, because some countries obviously can't the smaller countries, they can't match.
Speaker 2: I think they were a little sloppy. There was something. There was some island that's only populated by penguins that they had They had hit him with a terriff, not doing much trade with that particular It was called McDonald's island somewhere. I have no idea what the hell that was.
Speaker 4: He messed with McDonald you got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe he thought it was McDonald's. I don't know. Hey, can I got to run amount of time? Call more off and man, I want to see how you forged.
Speaker 4: Axtell we'll revisit this after, uh, you know when I make millions on my uh you.
Speaker 2: Bet my thoughts sounds great. I can't be well, be well.
Speaker 4: And ray say out of Boston. I still miss it. I haven't been there in six years.
Speaker 2: Well, you always come up for a visit. We'll, we'll, we'll, we'll get your visa all in the order so you'll be able to come up for a visit.
Speaker 4: Okay, old beer together, Okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: Thanks, can't talk to you. Go take a break here it comes to newscast. We got Porky and Eileen, you stay right there. We got one line at six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty and one line at six one seven, nine three one, ten thirty. And we're gonna move everybody. We're gonna get them all on quickly. It's good. The lineup's gonna be. I think it's Eileen dot In Porky and we got room for you coming back on nightside