Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. Those two New York Yankees fans who were ejected from Game four last night for interfering with Mookie Betts's catch have.
Speaker 2: Been banned from Game five to night.
Speaker 1: The league and the club released a statement saying that they will not be permitted at the game. They said, last night, two fans were ejected from Yankee Stadium for a grageous and unacceptable physical contact with Mooky Betts. The safety and security of players, fans, and stadium staff is the foundational element of every event at Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 3: And if you saw the highlights, you saw the guy who grabbed Mooki's hand, grabbed his wrist. He was trying to explain to the security guys they were on the field something. He's kind of running his hand back and forth along the top of the wall like he crossed the wall.
Speaker 4: And that's like we have free he can touch the players. Bro, your job is you're with the play patrol the wall.
Speaker 3: But he and that was the other thing is that he was telling again somehow an ESPN reporter producer caught up with these guys after or after they were kicked out a bar, assume they just followed him right outside the game, but was asking them about what do you know, what were you thinking? And they said they regularly sit there and they regularly have that discussion of what they would do if that exact play comes to them in that the ball comes their way or the player catches the ball and kind of falls into the stands or something like that. And they've said repeatedly, we're gonna, We're gonna d up. You gonna You're not guarding the basket in the NBA.
Speaker 4: You d'd up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro yea dead up. So we haven't died up since Little League. And even then you were on the left side of the pine.
Speaker 3: See the Yankees forced at least a game five with an eleven to four win over the Dodgers last night. They'll play again tonight five aweight. For his pitch, This will be a pitching rematch. It looks like from game one, so Jack Flaherty against Garrett Well.
Speaker 1: A lot of pollsters respected pollsters were wildly off in the twenty sixteen and twenty twenty presidential elections. Will this stay status quo for this one. It's where we kick off swamp watch.
Speaker 4: Swamp is horrible, the government doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Man, gonna make it like a reality TV shoot.
Speaker 4: Corp was a bad doos always.
Speaker 2: A pleasure to be anywhere from Washington, d C. Hey, Joe.
Speaker 4: A town hall too.
Speaker 2: Clearly built on a swamp and in so many ways.
Speaker 5: Still a swamp.
Speaker 4: I have a batch of malarkey.
Speaker 5: What he said, drained the swamp? I said, Oh, that's so he keep yepp wash.
Speaker 1: You know. The thing is the polling that we do in this country, is the system broken? Do we need to correct some fixes in methodology?
Speaker 2: Eight years ago?
Speaker 1: And I do think part just disclaimer And for me, I do think part of that is with Trump, because I do think there's a section of the population that will vote for him, but we'll never admit it to anybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah quiet, what are they called quiet Trump voters?
Speaker 2: Or yeah?
Speaker 1: So eight years ago, the national polls predicted an easy victory for Hillary Right up until election day. Nine to ten polls overstated her support. In twenty twenty, polls showed Biden with a strong lead over Trump. Just before the election, Biden led by eight point four points in five thirty eight's average seven point two points in Real Clear Politics average. However, he won the popular vote by less than four point five points, just enough for the electoral college victory.
Speaker 3: That doesn't seem like that big of an error. You know, even if you take the larger of those two the eight point four percent lead for Biden in five thirty eight down to four point five, that's only you know, that's a four point difference, and a lot of those polls that would be within the margin of error if they were using this methodology. But that's four percent of one hundred and fifty five million votes is a lot.
Speaker 1: But I'll tell you this, it may not seem like a lot. But if the polls are off by that margin this year, then her lead, Kamala Harris's lead could mean Trump is actually ahead and heading for an electoral landslide.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, if you look at just the the that Real Clear Politics average since say late June, this would have taken into account the debate, It would have taken into account the assassination attempt, Biden dropping out. The two tickets, whether it's Harris or Biden at the top of the Democratic ticket, they've never been separated by more than about two percentage points for the average of polls. There were polls that were much bigger than that, but the average of polls, and as of right now, Real Clear Politics says that Trump has taken back some of the momentum and leads by four tenths of a percent in the Real Clear Politics average. And this is after oh gosh, a couple of months of Harris leading. Back in the beginning of August, she took the lead again by mere tenths of a percentage point, but that she has been leading most of the time until just the last few days, when Trump has climbed back up on top of those the average of polls.
Speaker 1: There was an article in Reason about well, here's the headline, Trump is not thoughtful enough to be a fascist. And I think they have a point there. I don't think he's not planning out a world denomination, domination, domination. Excuse me, No, He's an egomaniac.
Speaker 2: Take that for what you will, good or bad.
Speaker 1: He's all about winning himself, winning and his brand and his name. He's not about dominating the country or the world with his political schemes and militaries. Is he A lot of people believe he is, but that they hit on that he's not thoughtful enough. He hasn't sat down and cocktail napkinder that it's.
Speaker 4: Not what motivates him.
Speaker 3: No, his selfishness motivates him, right, But I don't know if it extends any further than that. Well, obviously we've talked about the negative views that people have when it comes to politics. We'll be talking in just a couple moments with Denise Gitcham about this report. Sixty five percent of Americans say they always or often feel exhausted when they think about politics.
Speaker 2: Do you want your jeopardy question first? Before we have a guest, Give.
Speaker 4: Me that elmer, Give me that computer? Sound over there?
Speaker 2: The home phones for one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: A sense of style and a sudden solar explosion. Homophones are words that sound the same but are spelled differently.
Speaker 4: What are the two things? A solar explosion?
Speaker 1: A sudden solar explosion and a sense of style?
Speaker 4: No idea what you're going for?
Speaker 2: Flair?
Speaker 4: Ah okay, I was thinking Corona.
Speaker 1: I did not get that either, huh okay, So we're just dumb, dumb, run and dumb dumb too.
Speaker 3: Well, that's that would go along with what our talkbacks are saying today.
Speaker 2: Really just a little bit. Thank you for shielding me from that.
Speaker 3: Well, some of them are just not necessary, and some of them have been forward with law enforcement.
Speaker 4: So that's oh great.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI am six forty.
Speaker 2: Well, we've been reporting this to you.
Speaker 1: According to Pew Research, sixty five percent of Americans say they always or often feel exhausted when they think about politics. Relationships with friends and family have been strained in this election year, and News Nation political contributor Denise Gits has joined us today. She actually wrote a book that I can't wait to get my hands on politics for people who hate politics, How to engage without losing your friends or selling your soul.
Speaker 2: Denise, thank you for your time this morning.
Speaker 7: Thanks for having me on. What a fitting title, right, So this week in particular.
Speaker 3: Perfect give me your snapshot of where we stand a few days out from election day without using the words garbage or Puerto Rico.
Speaker 7: Well, gosh, that's so hard for everyone, it seems these days. Listen, you know, I think this napshot is that you know, I don't know who's going to win. I'm like the worst one with the crystal ball, and I've been in this game for twenty five years. But what I do know is that whoever wins, we're going to have to live with our neighbors that we may or may not agree with after election day, and we're going to have to decide what kind of a country we want to have. And that country can either be one that falls apart because of our internal division, or it can be one where we can stand in the truth that we know for ourselves and respectfully disagree with those who have some who have a different truth from ours. And I think that that's something that we have not made an art of or even an intention of, but it is going to determine what kind of country we have at the end of this election, regardless of who wins.
Speaker 1: You mentioned engaging in politics God's way, what does that entail?
Speaker 7: So you know, I'm a Christian and one of the things that God caused us to do is not only love Him, but love our neighbors and our enemies as we love ourselves. And so you know, I tend to love myself a lot. Unfortunately, I'm not quite as good as I wish that I were, and I think if God wants me a lot of other people, especially people I disagree with. Often when I find myself doing when I'm in a heated argument about politics, is that I tend to start judging the person instead of debating the idea. And when we go from the belief system that I'm right and you're wrong transfers to I'm good and you're bad, that's when things get off the rail and we become really self righteous, and we lose the humility that we need and that God calls us to as a Christian, God calls me to be humble. And I have to remind myself constantly that I don't know why that person came to the conclusion they came to, but I guarantee you they have a legitimate reason for it, and it's my job to humbly ask why, because I have to recognize that I have blind spots. You know, we all do.
Speaker 4: There was a comment that JD.
Speaker 3: Vance made, and it was actually on a News Nation town hall from last week, where he referred to politics as obviously it's an important part of our society, but it's not the thing that we should lose relationships over If you're losing friendships or you're alienating family members because of their politics, you're doing it wrong.
Speaker 7: We all. And I haven't say this again. I am somebody who wrote this book. I feel like God downloaded on me because I'm not smart enough to think of these things or even to live them out. I'm constantly preaching at myself, so trust me, I'm not pointing at anyone else. But i will say that we tend to lose sight of that reality, especially in this last week as the election, you know, is finalizing, and what we have to realize is the holidays are right around the corner. We're going to be sitting across the table from family members that we love that we probably disagree with, and somehow we're able to channel that grace and love to them because you know, they're blood most of the time. But that same grace and love and humility that we need to experience for ourselves in understanding that we're not the only idea out there and we're not always the most legitimate one, has to be something that we walk around consciously holding onto as the election pans out and we move into a season that's supposed to be marked by love, respect, and at the very least, civility towards one another.
Speaker 1: I often talk about and I think an important thing is listening, listening to each other, not just talking over each other because you're you know, set on on your point or what.
Speaker 2: You believe to be true.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But as we get closer to election day, I'm thinking, if people are losing relationships over this, or strained relationship with the friends and family, is it even worth having the conversation with somebody else about politics anymore?
Speaker 7: Yes, because I think that unless we and this is the difference between unity and conformity. So often we confuse conforming just giving in, you know, let's go along to get along, as though that we're somehow going to change the way we felt about people we disagreed with inside and this is as much of an inside dealism as an outside job. We have to be able to stand on the fullness of God's truth that we see like are the truth as we see it. In order to be fully known and to engage in real relationship, we can't be parading around as somebody else or putting our own beliefs to the side. So I encourage everyone don't give up your belief system, hold on to that truth, but do what the apostle Paul said, which is to speak the truth in love. How we say things is as important in our in our emotional state towards people, is as important as the truth that we stand for. So it's not easy. I struggle with it all the time, especially in this last week where I'm going to be debating, you know, folks on the other side of the aisle about who's better for our country. But what matters the most is our intention in our heart to love people and to honor them.
Speaker 3: Well, let me ask you about that, Denise, because I also saw an interview that Bill Maher did with Megan Kelly from last week's show, and he said he kind of led into it with One of the frustrations that he has as a political commentator is he believes he's intelligent, and he only brings people on the show that he believes are intelligent. How can two very intelligent people disagree so wildly on issues like that? When you find yourself in a position where you're when you're having a debate with somebody, at the end of it, do you find yourself eat? I mean, you've kind of alluded that it's not always easy, But do you find yourself able to reach your hand across and say, hey, we may disagree, but we're all in this together.
Speaker 7: It has to be an intention that I said where I say, I'm not going to walk away from this conversation, just frustrated that someone as smart as you could have such dumb ideas right, which is truly what I believe. I'm just being honest, but because I always think that I'm right obviously, but I'm not always right. And I think the awareness the intentionality of saying, look, this person is smart. I acknowledge that, and I'm not always right. I acknowledge that as well, as hard as that might be in the middle of an election season. So I'm going to actually go a step further than just walking away from this conversation leaving things unsaid, and I'm going to ask that person to drink or to coffee or to dinner and really get to know the person so that I can better be open to or understand why they've arrived where they arrived and every single time, and that I've done that sometimes against my own really will like my better self. It doesn't often come out in those situation. But when I give into my better self, I'm always rewarded with not only a better understanding of what the people on the other side of the aisle think for me, which helps me understand my position better or moderate it, but it actually helps me love that person, and that, to me is the real win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, that's a really good point.
Speaker 1: After twenty sixteen and Donald Trump's president, and I'm thinking, how did this happen? And I actually read JD Vance's book, and it helped me understand what other people with different life experiences where they're at in their life that made them feel forgotten by the elite political parties and all of that. And you know, it goes back to the fact that we're all humans, you know, the other side. They're not monsters, they're not bad people. We all have some shared things, but just different paths that lead us to where we are and where we lie politically. I wanted to just quote your book because I always go back to this, and it's the people that I truly respect that built the country. The founding fathers that George Washington believed that political parties would divide and destroy the fledgling nation knew that unity was essential to survival. You know that James Madison wrote that a well constructed union should break and control the violence of faction. Alexander Hamilton calling political parties the most fatal disease of popular governments, and that John Adams's greatest fear was a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader in concerting measures and opposition to each other. They all warned against exactly where we're at. Unfortunately, unfortunately their warnings didn't last long. Political parties quickly rose to power. Right, So it's like we've been in this this fight for a long time. It's not new, which is kind of comforting, but also it's just as dangerous as it always has been.
Speaker 7: It has been, But I think that it's less dangerous when we set our minds to recognizing that divisions are inevitable. Look the way that not in amongst ourselves, but the way we think about things. Everyone has different experiences, so we all are going to have different perspectives on the same issues. I mean, when you look at those things on Instagram where it's like a picture and it's like what do you see? Half the people see one thing it's like a witch and the other person's like, that's a cat. You know, like you never really know. Everyone just sees things so differently. It's how we were created. It's part of the beauty of our diversity, especially here in California. We get to have different perspectives. That makes it stronger, not weaker. The difference always lies in what we allow ourselves to believe about why people are different. And that goes back to what I was saying before, is that when we approach with humility, when we talk about like, yes, we're different, that's okay, help me to understand why and then really come with an open heart. That's the challenging part. It lies within us, whether or not our country is irrabically ruined from within and divided, or whether we hold each other's hands and say left, we're not going to agree on everything. We don't have to talk about everything all the time that we disagree about, but I guarantee you there's more that we agree about than we don't.
Speaker 2: Denise, thank you so much for your time today.
Speaker 7: Thanks for having me on guys.
Speaker 3: You bet News Nation political contributor Denise Gitcham, and again the Book of Politics for people who hate politics.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six.
Speaker 4: Forty Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: I'm glad we said that because of one of France's oldest spooky legends of It's most gruesome. Please tell me it involves a walking headless corpse.
Speaker 2: I don't want to waste Justin's time with you.
Speaker 5: What's the French way to say boo? Is it like boo?
Speaker 3: Is it more spelled b e a yeah, very tongue for or is it b e a x no.
Speaker 4: That would be cajun.
Speaker 7: Got it?
Speaker 4: B e a u x okay would be bo.
Speaker 2: Get to that coming up in the next hour. Whoa France's oldest spooky bez. I don't want to waste Justin's time.
Speaker 7: I got it.
Speaker 3: Justin Worsham has joined us and we talked with We talk with Justin about issues of parenting, which is always fun. People in their forties with no kids give similar responses when they're asked, how does it feel no kids?
Speaker 2: Heaven?
Speaker 3: Look at she's so happy in her life. And what I also think is funny is that there are people who wish who would wish you to have kids.
Speaker 4: Two different reasons.
Speaker 3: I mean, but but but some people would be like, well, you you'd know more about a parent's perspective if you had kids, which is dumb, that's an obvious thing. Or anybody who somebody would say, I want you to have kids because you want to. I want you to experience the joy of what it could be, but also come with that comes with a lot of dirty diapers and things like that, which is not choice.
Speaker 8: People who want people like if I was genuinely I originally started doing this segment to validate all of Shannon's life choices.
Speaker 5: That was the original plan.
Speaker 8: When I just to make well, no, the ones that are kid related. I guess I'm not taking for any any other ven diagram you made up in your own dome. But uh, it's anybody who's trying to talk to somebody who does not have kids into having kids. I really believe this is just trying to get them to commiserate with whatever Els experiences.
Speaker 2: Always said that.
Speaker 1: He said, people always want us to have kids because they wanted us to be just as miserable as they are.
Speaker 8: Like click like Lanta right now with just the beaming smile, the ponytail kind of bouncing.
Speaker 5: With you know what I mean, that's all that's all happy, that's just.
Speaker 8: That's still after shocks of Estonian pancakes.
Speaker 5: That's all just living in her being right now.
Speaker 2: That's the joy in life that gets sucked out of you.
Speaker 8: Yes, when you have to care about something else more than yourself worried exactly.
Speaker 1: You know, there's so much and that's the thing that I really miss out on. I don't miss out on all the work and the childcare and the pregnancy and all of that, but I do think that it's it's very important for you to take yourself out of yourself, you know, and having a kid is the surefire way to do that.
Speaker 8: I'll take you last night, this as early as probably what a little over twelve hours ago. I was my son, who's learning to drive, was driving his home in my I'm not trying to.
Speaker 5: Brag my Tesla Monel three. It is the cheaper one, but I did. It's fully loaded, Okay, I'm there.
Speaker 8: I got my self lightly used, all right, lightly refurbished, I think is the word they should me. Anyway, he was driving home and because he's getting kind of confident, he took a turn like he's at Monaco. Yeah, and he hugged that little cone and instead of those little curb bumps like they have in formulae, they have a curb and he clipped it, flattened the tire, dented the rim and he felt horrible. And if I was a better person, I would have said, hey, man, it's okay.
Speaker 5: It was bound to happen. It was a mistake.
Speaker 4: But I cursed a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was like, get why don't you listen to me?
Speaker 1: What did you tell to slow down? As he was taking that It was a thing.
Speaker 8: It all happened so fast, even though he was only doing thirty five miles an hours, a thing where he was like, he was hugging the right side and in my mind, I'm like, that's a little close, and I'm like, you know, he's gonna straighten out.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be fine. Don't scare him.
Speaker 8: And then I knew it was too late, and he basically as the tire of the rear, the rear of the car hit it. That's when I also started making noise out of my face and uh, I said, without being things I could see on the air, I could tell you my tone of voices, what are you thinking?
Speaker 4: Why don't you lessen to me?
Speaker 2: Was there an F word in there?
Speaker 8: There was, there was a couple, there's a couple. I think I booked with the F words.
Speaker 5: And then there was a GD in there too, Uh good one. Yeah.
Speaker 8: And then he of course he's of my two children. They're both very sweet and loving boys, but he is the sweeter of the two, and he was crestfall.
Speaker 5: He's like, oh, I am so sorry. And then and then this is weirdly enough, I just thought he hit it hard. And then he goes, uh uh oh. He literally said uh uh oh.
Speaker 8: And I looked down and on the tesla it has like a little displayed you see the light YEP said low pressure warning them right, that's flat And I looked at it and that's what I knew. And thankfully, in that moment, I was collected. I was like, okay, and I and the right thing to do for him was I said, it's okay, man, I'm sorry I lost my cool.
Speaker 5: But like I said, you.
Speaker 8: Got to stop hugging the right side of the lane, like go to the left, hug those lines because if somebody opens a door, I keep telling him, or the bigger injustice is if he becomes one of these a holes that just sits in the center of the lane so no one can turn right when they're at a light, like they just occupy the space like they're so effing important, right, And uh so I just had to spend the night where I had to talk to him. And then because he felt so horrible about it, I took him up to Santa Clarita because he wanted cowboy boots not only to wear but also for his Halloween costume. And then it turned into a jacket and it's turned into jeans and now we're like four hundred dollars into it. So that kid cost me like fifteen hundred dollars in the span of about three hours.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, I've never seen someone manipulated by a flat tire before.
Speaker 8: Oh, it's happened. I get manipulated, I think way more often than I'm aware.
Speaker 2: It happened very sweet though, But I just.
Speaker 8: But imagine, like if that just happened to you, your day could just be over, like it's just done now.
Speaker 1: I would not feel bad about all the sea of profanity that left my face.
Speaker 5: Exactly.
Speaker 8: You could yell at your husband and it has very different ramifications or he could probably just bounces off of him.
Speaker 5: Maybe at this point, I don't know.
Speaker 4: But ditven hear it now from the it's just right noise.
Speaker 5: More so to me, it was just it was draining.
Speaker 8: I ain't gonna lie because I had to put on a happy face, but I was kind of bummed. I was kind of bummed about it. And I signed up for this. This is what I wanted life to be. That's sixteen years into parenting. I wanted it to be this.
Speaker 5: And then on.
Speaker 8: Friday, because we didn't have time beforehand, I'm taking my entire family to Horror Nights. That was another five hundred bucks or.
Speaker 5: Something like that.
Speaker 4: Slower horror nights.
Speaker 5: We're going to horror.
Speaker 2: They are a little young for horror Nights.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh no, when does that start? What age do you think you start?
Speaker 5: Fifteen is when we did it.
Speaker 2: You get called the Secret Garden.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI Am six forty.
Speaker 1: We've got a surface street stolen vehicle pursuit through the streets of Inglewood.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This guy actually at one point had gone northbound in the southbound lanes of the four five, But now is driving west of the sorry east of the four oh five there and is trying.
Speaker 4: To get away a little black Auti.
Speaker 3: It looks like our dark colored, audy small SUV. Shannon was the first to identify it, but.
Speaker 8: The confirm it was an Audi. Not to get competitive about this list.
Speaker 2: You got very competitive, I did.
Speaker 3: It's not confirmed as of Okay, I just want to you know, but I will.
Speaker 4: I do concur I believe it is. I think she's right to believe it's an Audi.
Speaker 2: You know, I almost bought a Nauti.
Speaker 5: And that's how you knew.
Speaker 4: I thought you were going.
Speaker 1: I was, And then I did the test drive and the car salesman said to me in the test drive, go ahead and open it up. And I kind of laughed, and he said, I know women usually feel uncomfortable when I say that, like and when I give them permission to do that.
Speaker 5: Oh, I've heard you, guess.
Speaker 2: And I was like, there with the sale you know what's yeah, you.
Speaker 8: Know what's fun about that is both times i've heard you tell that story I made, I was uncomfortable equal amounts like, yeah, it's like, what.
Speaker 2: When I give them permission? When I give you women permission, I was like, oh, sir, okay, all right, sir.
Speaker 9: You're wearing a dame shirt that's untouched and sweatpants from that's a good call.
Speaker 5: That nineties fashion going strong.
Speaker 3: Talk about talk about parenting, the types of parents that tend to raise anxious kids.
Speaker 8: Oh guess what, big surprise, it's over protective ones.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's over they did.
Speaker 8: What I thought was interesting is the way that they discovered this is that they they followed children's children's Yeah, children of twins, So if Gary, you and I were twin brothers, they would look at my kids and your kids and see if their anxiety levels were the same. And that was a way of trying to decide if it was genetic or like nature versus nurture. And what they found is that that it's a lot more nurture than it is nature. There's obviously still a nature element, there is a genetic element to it. But if you are prone to worrying, or there's a lot of worrying in your household, your kids pick up on that. If you try to protect your kids from negative experience or obstacles, then they don't know how to deal with those negative experiences or those obstacles and so they just naturally become more anxious.
Speaker 3: And I think we all have people in our lives, probably that we know or can identify, that are quite overprotective about stuff like that. And I'm once you start telling your kids you're anxious about something, or you introducing that sort of umbrella of definition when it comes to things like that, you're doing them a disservice because you're not, like you said, you're not allowed. You're not encouraging them to come up with those fixes for things that would otherwise be uncomfortable.
Speaker 8: And I don't like that I have this opinion, but it is my opinion. The amount of kids that I see in high school and middle school that are still wearing masks to this day is concerning to me, like genuinely, like.
Speaker 5: I'm not that I'm COVID masks.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're still wearing masks a lot, and it's mostly girls. My kids have told me that it's because girls have felt like they feel insecure about how they.
Speaker 5: Look, so they feel more comfortable behind a mask.
Speaker 8: But I just like, they just they never come off, and and I just I worry about Like I'm not worry that's not fair.
Speaker 5: What I really mean is I just I feel bad.
Speaker 8: I'm like, I wish that you didn't have to spend your entire life concerned and worried about what's over your shoulder.
Speaker 4: I think worry is the right word, because you worry.
Speaker 3: About what they're going to go in, you know, in their lateeen early twenties.
Speaker 1: He's pulled over on the one oh five, gotten out of the car and jumped on the side of the freeway. Is that a homeless encampment or is that No?
Speaker 5: I think that's just like one of those sales that you put up in your backyard for shade.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: But there's like a cooler, Like, what's that.
Speaker 4: Holding him at gunpoint?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: I think he's holding up his phone to tell.
Speaker 4: I am in his arms does.
Speaker 5: Have a cooler?
Speaker 6: Cooler?
Speaker 2: What is going on?
Speaker 4: We miss something?
Speaker 2: I am very confused.
Speaker 8: Uh wow, how many times in your life and you've been walking down a like frontage sidewalk freeway adjacent with just a blue igloo and wheels, Like what.
Speaker 2: That's a nice cooler. That is a nice value cooler.
Speaker 8: That guy is like he's mobile and he's parched, and he doesn't want to have to stop at a convenience store.
Speaker 1: That is inconvenience to blend in with the homeless encampment.
Speaker 5: I don't know, my gut, says inflation. He's like, it's cheaper.
Speaker 3: My own officers now look like they're running close to Uh. There's a walkway that goes over the one oh five, and it looks like this person has tried to hide underneath the the pillars of it.
Speaker 4: Basically, So there's.
Speaker 5: A guy who walked out from the ground like he could be that guy for all anybody knows, Like if he just like turned.
Speaker 3: Around said, I don't think it was him, because they were they walked right past. So yeah, they have somebody a gun point underneath that little walk.
Speaker 1: People just are chilling on the on the side of the one oh Fivecome a lot.
Speaker 4: Don't worry.
Speaker 3: GAVENUWSOM is going to give eight hundred million dollars to solve homelessness.
Speaker 4: That's what'll solve it. That's what it all takes.
Speaker 1: I will have an even nicer, cooler maybe it's a YETI next week.
Speaker 4: A full yetti with wheels, nice wicky guy wheels.
Speaker 8: The right thing to do is to help your child have opportunities to take on challenges and task appropriate to their age and level of fear, says one of the co authors of the studies, So they have the opportunity to learn that they can cope with this.
Speaker 4: Situation after all. Listen.
Speaker 3: A great example of that is the aggressive but I fully endorse it style of swim training for kids, especially small three four five year old kids. Is the swim instructor will push them in the pool when they don't expect it, to teach them that they know the skills to get to the side of the pool that if it ever happens in real life, they have that sense of confidence that they can save themselves time. It's uncomfortable to watch swimming lessons were the worst lifesaver.
Speaker 5: I've never thought of this until you said that.
Speaker 8: But if you look at like when they always talk about the Seal team, the Seal training, like the hell weeks that they go through, it's really just it's such an intense, stressful situation so that everything else seems like child's played that they deal with.
Speaker 4: That war, Yeah, doesn't seem so bad, not so.
Speaker 5: Bad, and we're doing like good.
Speaker 8: Analogy justin that's what treats your kids like seals.
Speaker 3: Another there's a lot of cooler selling along that one oh five guys.
Speaker 8: I feel like we didn't get an invite to this party. It's like a barbecue going up.
Speaker 4: Check it out.
Speaker 2: They've gotten him or her.
Speaker 4: I don't know no that to him.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you didn't even know what would be.
Speaker 5: Too soon. You're going to file up to Cary. Really?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 3: God, friendship only lasts so long, Gary Shad and will continue right after this.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 3: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio lap