Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI on demand. Dean, Welcome to the Jesus Christio.
Speaker 2: Jesus, Just Dean.
Speaker 3: In my search for the truth, I want to know where if you know, God so loved man, and I am a believer. But how come he created so many things animals and dinosaurs and things like that for millions of gazillions a year before man even shows up on Earth? And two, how do Adam and Eve fit in? As you know, we have found fossils and remains of like cavemen Neanderthals that weren't even walking upright and then they were. How does that work? How does that fit in.
Speaker 2: With the local scripture?
Speaker 1: Well, a lot of the dinosaur stuff will focus on in just a second, But as far as Neanderthals go, there there's a lot of misconception and misunderstanding about Neanderthals and what they were. And there's a lot of fabrications and garbage that came out that people still think like Lucy or Piltdown Man, Java Man, Nebraska Man, all these that we have been proven to either be hoaxes, misidentified whatever. So there's a lot of garbage out there that people still kind of, you know, hold on to thinking that that they have all these missing links and evidence. Well, the reason why they refer to them as missing links is because they don't have them. They have pieces of things, and they have bone structures that are in every way, shape or form. They might be slightly different looking, but there has been no discovery of any of these so called Neanderthals that where their anatomy, when looked at, honestly comes to any conclusion that states that the motion, the type of manipulation, the intellectual capacity, the capacity for language, or any of these things were inferior to human beings as you know them today. There's even you can find stories about scientists going back and forth about the size of the nose of Neanderthals because they look large, and yet it would have been much colder than by their calculations, and it doesn't make sense to have large noses and the cold and all these different things. They're still battling as to what these things mean, but ultimately you can find people even today with similar bone structures as those of these so called Neanderthals. So really there's a lot more to it than just how fits in scripture. There's a lot of questions as to how it fits into science, and since it's a forensic science and what they're doing with the data at hand and how they're interpreting it, it's very easy, Dean for someone to go and look at scripture and dismiss it and say, well, that's left up to interpretation. But a good scientist will tell you that by the very nature of observational science, which is what science is, it's observing what's there or what has happened in the past and concluding that it will happen again that way or that slight variations will be made depending on different interactions. That when it comes to a past singular event or something that took place that won't take place again, just like a murder or a crime scene, that they have to trace back in reverse and try and understand the information in reverse. And when it comes to things like the Neanderthal, there's a mess of speculation and doesn't mean there aren't bones, and it doesn't mean there aren't bones that worth that are you know, worth studying and looking into. But imagine this. If you were to find certain types of bones, let's say bones from the elephant man or something like that, and you were to assume that that was the entirety of that race or that people it would be a false assumption. And to say that they've found bones and this has to be Man because of X, Y, and Z is not necessarily a fair statement as well. And there's much more to it than that. I just think that there's a lot that gets kind of assumed in these questions and people don't question it because it has a scientific bent to it. So people feel like you're going to look like the stupid Christian who is questioning science and all of those things, and that's just it's not fair. There are many things in science that change often. Evolution is one of them that changes often because there's no definitive answer and there's constant new information coming in that makes them go, Okay, this was wrong. Just like many of those original finds that I mentioned. When it comes to a lot of those original finds, Puilt Down Man, Lucy Java Man, Nebraska Man, these types of things, it took a while for it to come out that many of them were hoaxes, or they were this one skull cap mixed with a different jaw, and sure, you combine these together and you have problems. Just like the Bronosaurus, which doesn't exist anymore because it was science putting the wrong head on the wrong body. And so those things happen, and it doesn't mean you should throw science out. Science is not the enemy of faith in any way, shape or form. But it's to understand them in their context. Now, how do they play a part in scripture? Well, first, I would argue that the Neanderthal didn't exist in the sense that modern day science continues to say that it did, and that there's no evidence for it to exist in that way. The cave dwelling in the same way, did humans live in caves? Absolutely, You can go to Israel today and see caves. I was born in one, essentially. So there are those that confused the concept of that type of cave dwelling and they say, well, what about the paintings on walls, Well, there's painting on walls today. It's really looking into that attitude. There's this sense of attitude this comes along with evolution and the concept of evolution that you are better than people that came prior. There's a strange form of arrogance that comes with looking at the pyramids and some of the ancient discoveries and modern man continues, go, they couldn't have done it. They just couldn't have done it because obviously they were dumber than us and didn't have microchips and didn't have the proper leveraging systems and all. But says who, Now, of course they didn't have microchips. But to say that they were just because they were technologically simpler, that they weren't as equally as intelligent or couldn't come up with ways to do it would be wrong, because they did come up with ways to do it. So so amazing are the ways that they did that people continue to this day try and say, well, it was flying saucers and spacemen and all these things. Anyways, So having said that, I will tell you that there are different arguments by different people, theologians and like that, as to whether dinosaurs are mentioned in scripture. Some feel that in Job forty and forty one dinosaurs are mentioned by way of the Leafayatin and the Bohemoit. So it is on your interpretation and understanding of those context. There's nothing wrong to say that if Job isn't speaking about dinosaurs, that they played a part of some purpose that wasn't a wasn't necessarily known or isn't known today, so it doesn't play a part in the narrative of scripture because it's not important to the narrative of scripture, just like every single person isn't important in the narrative. Scripture talks about certain people because they help understand and paint the lineage of humankind and help teach principles that God wants to teach, but not everything's in there doesn't specifically talk about everything that was created. It says in scripture that there were creatures created, great and small. There's a lot that can fit in there if you allow it to. Mary Louise, you there. I'm well, I'm glad you turned down that radio and you are present. How can I help you?
Speaker 4: I didn't have the radio on. Honestly, I think the devil just didn't want me to get a.
Speaker 5: Hold of you.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, well, we'll just cast him out and continue on. How can I help you?
Speaker 4: I'm really curious. I was speaking to someone from a Catholic university and the discussion came up of artificial insemination, and I was under the impression that that was a good thing. When somebody wants to have children and they can't have it on their own that to populate the world with more of us, so to speak. And I was surprised when she told me it was supposed to be sinful, and I go, WHOA, what do you mean because it's artificial? And I said, well, in a way, didn't Jesus himself get boring because he was artificially insiminated.
Speaker 1: I mean, whether it was dumb, my daughter, that's a tiny bit of a stretch, but there is a way. I think. I think it's good that you're at least thinking through it and coming up with arguments. Well, this program doesn't necessarily focus on a particular church's doctrine. We look at them as a whole, and thankfully we've got Catholics and Protestants that listen as well as skeptics and atheists and Jews and Muslims and everyone else in between. So but we still focus on what Scripture has to say and truth. So when it comes to artificial insemination, I think that the Catholic Church has their dogma and you have to also understand that just because someone who says they're Catholic, or even somebody who's at a Catholic university says that that's wrong doesn't necessarily mean that's where the Catholic Church stands officially. So that's first source you should go to is find out where the Catholic Church, if you are Catholic, stands officially. However, I will say this that if someone tells you because it says artificial in it, that it's bad is ridiculous. Is really a silly argument. And I hope they're not drinking any milk or eating any bacon, because most livestock are bread by way of artificial ascemination, so that it might be artificial meat or artificial milk they're eating or drinking, and that could be a problem in their view. Now that does that mean that every use of artificial incimination is good? Certainly not. However, the concept of it being artificial is silly. It just is. It's like saying that God doesn't want you to cross this divide because there's no bridge, and any bridge you make would be a man made bridge, which would be artificial. It wouldn't be of the mountain itself, and therefore you shouldn't cross it. And that's just that's not a fair statement that throws out much of medicine. They should never take any antibiotics or anything like that, or any synthetic medicines or it just it opens up a whole wealth of problems. It doesn't mean that it can't be misused. It doesn't mean that there aren't some moral issues if it's applied in certain ways, but as a whole, as a concept or as a need, absolutely not. There are there are people who want to have children that have some issues that you know, are married and they want to have a child, and it can be done. John, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Jesus.
Speaker 1: Hi John, what's going on?
Speaker 2: I wanted to run something by you, Yes, sir. About twenty five years ago, I was a victim of an attempted homicide. A guy stole my wallet, ripped me open, Oh good, and I ended up being clinically dead for a couple of minutes. Soon and I had an out of body experience and in that I met an angel and I thought, you know, when I saw him, I said you must be Gabriel because he was just like so glorious and he was like, no, I'm just you know, you run in the mill angel. Anyways, nicolong story short, I saw the gates of Heaven, and I saw the gates of Hell. And then when I came to at the Marine base because out of the Navy at the time, the guy tried to stole my wallet or whatever. So for a long time I didn't tell anybody about it because I thought if I'd say anything to anybody, who would just take out his nuts. Right, And so now about coming up on three years. So as a matter of fact, kind of ironic, on Easter Sunday, I survived six heart attacks and open heart surgery all on one day.
Speaker 6: And I you know, when I got out.
Speaker 2: Of surgery and survived it and stuff, everybody around me seemed like I was supposed to be like grateful and happy, you know, after it happened, and that was the total opposite. I was just like, I guess, you know, I just started running, like you know, memory running. You know, I just wanted to, like, you know, run away from the situation and everything that's going on. And so now it's the point where you know, I've got coronary art or disease. They told me I only got a couple more years to live, and so I'm sitting here, you know, I've lost everything. My wife left me over it, and like I'm living in my truck and I'm just like kind of lost, and I'm kind of like thinking of myself. You know. Well, the first place that I have is I don't know what the Bible says about if there are such things as a guardian angel. And the second thing is I'm like thinking to myself, you know, what do I do in this situation with what time I got left?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 2: You know, I'm just kind of like I'm lost. I don't know, you know what I'm going to do? You know where I'm going to go? You know, I'm just kind of like the left fields.
Speaker 1: You know what day to day, aren't you? John?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's It's obviously the story that you tell is horrific. I mean, all the accounts of it being mugged and left for dead, and all the ailments and things that have gone on in your life since sound equally as horrible. You're definitely in a situation that calls for intense and deep faith. Now I will put that on hold for one second to answer your theology question, and then we'll go back to it. As far as angels are concerned, or our guardian angels are concerned. There's nothing in scripture that says everyone has a guardian angel. However, scripture is clear that that angels do guard over believers most definitely and oversee things in the world in general. And one verse that is used quite often to talk about or to point to, guardian angels is Matthew eighteen ten that says, see that you do not look down on one of these little ones, for I tell you that their angel, they are angels in heaven. Always see the face of my Father in heaven. And people go back and forth as to what little ones is referring to. People go back and forth on what their angel the term their angels in heaven, and really most most theologians believe that it's not about having a specific angel. It's about having angels overlook the things that go on around your life as a whole. So there's nothing you can find. I know, these concept of guardian angels have become very popular, and there's books about it and all these things, but really scripture doesn't say much on that concept. It really is more about that God is in control. Angels are messengers and God uses them uh as he needs them between heaven and earth. But as far as what you're going through, which is what I'm concerned about right this moment, is all of these things are happening to you, and you you sound like you're you're incredibly strong under the circumstances. Are you asking me what your next step is or what you should do with the time that you have left?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I just I I have no doubt that, I have no doubt that you know that you're looking for my savior, my Lord and Savior. And the thing is, I find myself I don't want to. I was brought up, and I was brought up where you let you actually speak so loud, no one hears you talking. I kind of when I see people, you know, with the you stick on the corner with the with the signs, and the guys protesting in front of borts and clinics and stuff like that, or people that go around confessing that they're they're Christian. To me, just you know, there's a verse in the bibble and maybe you can correct me if I'm wronging, so that shall not be a hypocrite and praise my name in the streets.
Speaker 1: You know, well, yes, it's speaking about those that would pray. Part of it ties into what we spoke about earlier in Matthew that there were those that would pray and go out in the street to pray and so that everyone could see them, but they were as hypocrites and rather than you know, doing it in private and being you know, spending time with God and knowing that God sees those things. In Matthew six ' two, so I agree with you that is to live in a way nobe ever goes, oh, that guy's a crazy Christian because he does good things. And if you live in a way that inspires other people, it makes your life value. You're already ahead of the game, even though that you've had a rough road. No one's going to deny that, John, you've had a rough road.
Speaker 2: But the thing that I remember distinctly is when I was at the gates of Hell. And it wasn't until a couple of years later that I met somebody and he had this summer in the Bible just describes the gates at Hell, and its just it was like dead on, you know. And the one thing I remember was like his iron plaid gates almost and he was like a dead, dead fig tree. And what was ironic because as I saw somebody at that gate, and it turned out that when I came out of the common and went home on a medical league, I found out that this guy that I grew up with was running from the law and he ended up getting in an accident and he got captiated by a road sciences on the motorcycle. Anyways, and I'll never forget to look on his face. Its just like absolute fear. But I remember the one thing I remember sensing was there was a complete absence of all hope. And I don't know, I'm just kind.
Speaker 6: Of like confused because I know that you know the type of lifestyle that I live, I think I live. Maybe you know I crammed in three free lifetimes in a short time I been here.
Speaker 1: You know, well the good the good thing, John, I know that there's a lot of circumstances going on in your life. I know that you're that there's different emotions that go with the you know what they're telling you, the length of time you have, all these things, all the horrific things you've experienced, it doesn't change anything. And I want to really focus this, uh. And I appreciate you that that you've been so honest with your call as well. But I want to bring it back that nothing changes if you have one hundred years on this planet, if you have one hundred minutes on this planet, it's always going to be the same. We've said on the show over and over again that the the meaning of life is simply this, to utilize your gifts and abilities along lines of excellence, to the edification of others, to the edification of yourself, to the glory of God. That doesn't change at any time for any reason. As ugly as things may have been for you, John, and the path that you've been on was a rocky one and continues to be that you always live by the attitude that you have. I love that you say that your action should speak so loudly that people can't even hear you talking. That if you live in a way that inspires others, that if you live in a way that shows what you believe rather than just telling somebody what you believe, then you're doing it right. And that doesn't change. And it's a sad thought to think that there is a limit that seems so tangible when it gets down to years and someone telling you you, oh, you have this disease, You only have x amount of years to live. But it doesn't change the game.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Emotionally, it makes you think, well, what am I doing? Am I doing the right thing? Am I going through this? Am I going through that? But ultimately the game doesn't change at all. And if you think about the things that you do in life when you're young, one of the biggest problems is that as people get older, they tend to start changing the game because of fears. Well, I'm not as young as I used to be, so I don't want to start over all these things, and so you end up muting your abilities. The game doesn't need to change. Doesn't mean that you shouldn't be wise and think about the time and be prudent. But what I want from you, John, is the same thing I've always wanted from you, to serve me to live a life that is God centered, that glorifies God, that will teach and inspire others to want to know about God. And that doesn't change now. As a matter of fact, you've inspired people just by telling your story. Then there will be those that roll their eyes about the near death experience and all those things. And why don't you talk more about this and talk about this and new people. I don't want to get into that theology right now. What I want to do is just talk to you John and explain that all of those experiences you've been through in life have brought you to today and made you who you are. You continue to walk from this day forward, however, many days that might be glorifying God in very real and tangible ways that will move, teach and inspire Rob. Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, say hi, hi, Hi Jesus. I got a I got an issue with the whole concept of God is good. I'm gonna I'm gonna talk about the flood first, Okay, you tried to kill humanity with a flood. And then Abraham's son what kind of what kind of life did eleven year old have after his dad tried to stick a knife in his chest? Angel an angel, stop the hand before it plunged into his chest. And then Sodom and Gomorrah. I mean, I just I cannot. I can't imagine praising a god who who does these horrible evil things. I mean, can can you help me?
Speaker 2: Can you help me to well?
Speaker 1: Well, I hope, but really that's going to be up to you. Those are all excellent examples. However, they are partial examples of a bigger picture if you look at it as a concept of purification and testing the character of an individual so they can see it, not so God can see it. God always sees the character of the individual. But as you're talking about with with Abraham, and if you read that, he says, what before he goes up the hill? He tells those men? What does he tell them before he goes up that hill to allegedly kill.
Speaker 5: His to be told, I don't have a Bible in front of me, and I can't remember any of that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, are these just three things that you've kind of taken and held on to and said, well, you know, I'm not gonna study anymore or no, no, okay.
Speaker 5: Because I've been studying compared to religion and human mythos for probably fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I would recommend going back and read this because you'll love this part. He says to them, I and the boy will return. Now, if he was going to kill him doesn't make sense. But what does make sense is either this is a man who won knows that his God would never call him to kill his child or two, that his that if he did kill him, God would resurrect him either way. He had a different mentality than you might have today. That he knew he was so faithful. He said, I and the boy are going to return. Why would you say that if you were going to go do something like that? And if you if you go through all of those examples, you're talking about the purification of a people, not the ratification. If it was to eradicate, God would have eradicated. But it was about the purification. Now, now you may not understand that, but you know, uh, my producer Neil doesn't understand why people dress up their their dogs.
Speaker 5: It. But the purification of a people is that it is that? Is that a loving thing to do?
Speaker 1: Yes, it is, but not Here's the thing. You can't steal your your own property, Rob, So it depends on who the person is, even though the act is exactly the same. So although there are things that you can't do, Rob, you can't expect people to worship you either. You can't have proper jealousy. God can. God can have righteous jealousy. You cannot. So there are things that God can do that you can't. And anthropomorphically, Rob, if you try and apply human attributes to God the Father and say well God can't do this or what have you, then you're gonna end up running into problems. But God is not just a bigger you. God is outside of those rules that you adhere to and does things righteously, not without agenda other than perfection. So that's where man and God differ.
Speaker 2: Kfi AM six forty on demand