Speaker 1: Big Food and Beyond with Cliff and Bubo. These guys are your favorites, so like to subscribe and raid it Lip Story and me, Rachel on Yesterday and listening, oh watching lim always keep its watching.
Speaker 2: And now you're hosts Cliff Berrickman and James boogle Fay. Hello, folks, you got a special show for you today. I got some good friends on Rachel and Amy and they both had similar encounters with a sasquatch and Rachel was actually on the same dirt road logging road I was on when I had my first sighting. I heard about Amy's first. Let's start with you, Amy, tell us where you were, where you were going, and you know the lighting conditions, what you were driving, the all the all the relevant information.
Speaker 3: Okay. Yeah. So at the time I was helping out my ex boyfriend were not together anymore. Pete, I'll just say his name is Pete, that's it. He had several properties in Humboldt, and I would go and help him, like assist him with supplies. He was doing cultivation at his various spots, and I went out to the northern part of Humbolt. He would go to southern Humbolt, which is where some of his other properties were. And I lived in Trinidad at the time, so and I had a child, so it was more convenient, more convenient for me to take a northern route, so I would go out towards bald Hills Road. He had one property on bald Hills Road close to which apec and then the other spot near there was off of Johnson Road, or on Johnson Road, i should say. And so I had gone out to bald Hills Road, the one further out first, and then I went to the second spot. I was delivering you know, supplies like groceries and gas and stuff like that, and that particular spot on Johnson Road, which is near the fire station near like Lady Bird Johnson. I went out there and it was around I would say dinner time. Actually it was before that, but when I was leaving there, it was around dusk. And so, you know Johnson Road off of bald Hills Road dusk time. It was like August maybe nineteen ninety nine, maybe two thousand, it was around that time. I you know, I was just doing errands. I was helping my boyfriend at the time, and I had been out there dropped off some things and I was leaving there. There's a at the time. I don't know if it's still the case, but at the time, there was some gates that was like I remember which company it was. I want to say it was like Green Diamond, but I don't think that's right. I think it was somebody else at the time. And so we had a it was there was two lock gates to get out to the property and we had a key obviously to get to where we need to go. And I was on my way home, which was trinidadad at the time, and so I was leaving that spot on Johnson Road, and I had my dog. I had a I had two dogs at the time, but I used to always take a dog with me to go out out to the I mean to try out to a rural spot. I always used to take one of the dogs with me. And at the time, I had our female dog. She was an American bulldog, really good guard dog. She you know, she was the type of dog that if people used to come over to visit, we would have to like put her inside or put her somewhere else. She was scary. She was a little scary and she didn't like people coming up on the car. She was very protective of our truck. She was a good guard dog. She would chase bear, she'd chase mountain lions. She was kind of a scary dog like Froshe's dog, good guard dog. And so she was with me that day and when we were leaving the Johnson Road property, she started barking like a I didn't really understand, like she was not a barking type dog. She was more like about growling, like aggressive dog. And so she was barking in the truck and I just thought maybe there was a cow or an elk or you know, something that she was smelling. And she continued to do that for a while, and I just kind of tried to ignore it. I wasn't really paying that much attention to it because she's like that, she's a guard dog. And so when I was going to the first gate that I would go through to leave the property that i'd just been at two lock gates, it got a little bit more intense. I would say definitely had me on alert. I was like, what's going on the dogs?
Speaker 4: Was she looking at in one particular position? Was she looking in one direction?
Speaker 3: She was being very aggressive in my car and I didn't know why. I just thought, like I said, I thought it was like she smelled like something, you know. And so when we got to the first gate, the first lock gate my dog, I opened the door for her to get out with me to unlock the gate, and she wasn't coming out of the car. And I thought that was really strange. And I remember being like a little bit afraid, not like overly afraid, but she wouldn't come. So I like put my leash on her. I put it on her collar, and I kind of pulled her out with me and we went over and locked the gate. The dog was acting strange again, like she didn't she like got away from me and ran and got back in the car, very unlike my dog. And I unlocked the gate, I got back in my truck and I drove through. I got back out to lock it back up, and the dog was I couldn't get the dog to come out, even if I put the leash on her. I was trying to pour out. She wasn't coming. She had her tail between her legs, she was shivering. She maybe even like Peede like my dogs. Neither one of my dogs would ever pee in the house or in my car, especially so the dog alerted me that there was something wrong. I will say that I was on high alert when all of this was happening, because even still to this day, Bobo, and I've told you this already, like I don't fully believe in it. I don't disbelieve in it. But and I don't know what I saw exactly. I don't know. I can't say, yeah, I saw bigfoot, that's exactly what it was. I can't really say that because it happened so quickly, and these things were like heightened. There was like this heightened awareness going on, you know. But it was scary. It's definitely, like the scariest thing that's ever happened to me was when my dog was acting like that. And then when I got back in my truck and I was between the two lock gates, I saw something to the left of my truck. It was very tall. It had glowing eyes, but it was dusk. I will say it was dusk. Any animal's eyes glow like that, right?
Speaker 4: What color? What color are the eyes?
Speaker 3: Amber? Like a like a yellowish brownish amber color. Whatever it was. When it saw me notice it, it started backing up. It recognized that I saw it, and it started backing up further away from where I was, and it was really tall. It reminded me of a what's the type of monkey that is orange? Is that an orangutan? I'm not really sure it was, but it was a very tall version of that. It was not a bear. It wasn't anything I've ever seen before. It was it was like as tall as the lowest branch of the tree, which was a tall tree. I would say, I would say, you know, seven feet tall. If I had to guess, it would be that tall. And again, like I said, the amber glowing ice saying it, I think it was maybe you know, it was dusk, so I don't know. It was just all different factors. But the weirdest part about it was the dog, my dog, the way she was acting, and also too, the way that the like the whatever I saw when it saw me notice it and like see it it. The way it responded was odd to me, Like it wasn't like a normal animal response. I would say, but I didn't like take very much time to look at the animal or like responded. The more I like, instead of like getting out and unlock the second gate, I floored my truck and I ran through the second gate so I wouldn't have to stop and get out, and I drove back to Trinidad with a wrecked vehicle and a breaked out a dog in my car. It was very traumatic, I would say. I mean we were both, you know, just railing from that. And I remember at the time my ex boyfriend now he was very upset that I had wrecked the truck. He didn't want to believe that maybe I saw Bigfoot. I remember telling him, like, I think I might have solved Bigfoot. He wasn't really you know, feeling that at the time. And I remember that I was like, I'm going to reach out to my friend, which was you, which was way before you ever started your show or any of that stuff. Was really long time ago. Oh and I remember you were the one that like kind of talked me through it and asked me questions and they were all relevant, and you know, it made me feel like less crazy, I would say, not that I feel like I'm a crazy person, It just, you know, it just felt more like, yeah, that maybe that that was what it was.
Speaker 2: You know, what did you say too, that when you were driving your dog was freaking out like she'd be pointed like like you could. Her head was following whatever it was you thought that was running, likely alongside my dog.
Speaker 3: I didn't know what was going on until I saw it. I mean, my dog definitely alerted me and made me like more hyper vigilant. I would say my dog was what alerted if my dog hadn't been in the car, but bo, I don't know, like I would have never even known that that that was happening. The dog was like went from like a weird like bart cry to like a howling to like almost like pissing herself in the truck. She was terrified. And the dog was a not really dog guard dog.
Speaker 4: But her head was like following.
Speaker 2: She was like looking specifically like she was tracking it.
Speaker 3: I thought, yeah, my dog was definitely on high alert and definitely like gave me all the cues and stuff that. I mean, she didn't see what I saw. I mean she might have say, alway, I saw too. I don't know, I mean it's a dog, but I remember, like my dog definitely put me on to like being like, what there's something going on? Like I just thought maybe it was like a wolf or something that like my dog had never encountered. Before the way that she was acting, she was terrified. You know, I go back and forth like I know what I saw, and I know how it felt and how scary it was, But I I go back and forth to being like, well, maybe my dog is what scared me, and I like, you know, like I imagine that. I know that that's not true, but it definitely made me more aware. That makes sense. Had she not been with me, I don't know what would have happened. I mean, I was between two locked gates when I saw that thing, whatever it was, and if my dog hadn't alerted me to that, who knows what would have happened, is what I think to myself.
Speaker 5: Honestly, stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo will be right back after these messages. So three to six months doesn't seem like a long time right in bigfoot Land. It's not very long because we've been looking for sasquatches for decades and decades and decades. But when you think about what can happen in three to six months, like, what would you do in three to six months? I'm going to give me six months.
Speaker 4: Go squatching squad?
Speaker 5: Of course, of course, and how much do you think is going to get done during that time? In squatching, you're gonna see one in six months, probably not, but in three to six months. What you can see if you're not going to see a sasquatch is thicker, fuller hair regrown from Hymns our sponsor. Hymns not bad for just three to six months.
Speaker 2: What if you start using Hymns now in six months, just imagine that thick, full crop up there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because Hymns will give you a convenient access to a range of hair loss treatments that work all from the comfort of your couch.
Speaker 2: They make it pretty simple, man. They use real doctors. It's clinically proven ingredients on the use like finesteride and Monoxville.
Speaker 5: And I love that. I had no doctor visits because first of all, doctors who wants to go see a doctor? Nothing personal doctors. But also you make an appointment now you get in August or something forget that. So this process is simple and one online. And I know you have access to the internet because you're listening to us right now.
Speaker 2: You can pick how you want to do it, like chewables, oral spray, serum treatments, whatever, whatever you want. I mean, they can work with you in customersage with your preferences.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like it could be a one time thing, it could be ongoing care. No insurance is needed at all, and it's all at one low price and that covers everything from these treatments to the ongoing care if you so choose.
Speaker 2: Well, nonway, I said, the proofson the pudding, and there's hundreds of thousands of subscribers that trust it and you give it positive reviews.
Speaker 4: So there you go.
Speaker 5: There's your pudding, thick hairy pudding. Search your free online visit today at hymns dot com slash beyond.
Speaker 2: That's hi ms dot com slash beyond for your personalized hair loss treatment options.
Speaker 5: Hymns dot com slash beyond results vary based on studies of topical and oral monoxidal and finasteride. Prescription products required an online consultation with a healthcare provider who will determine if prescription is appropriate. Restrictions apply see website for full d tails. An important safety information.
Speaker 4: How far was it from you?
Speaker 3: It wasn't really that far. It was like I was in between two gates and the thing was in the tree line, and as soon as that thing saw that I that I saw it is when it started to retreat. And if I hadn't noticed it, would it would it have been retreated? I mean, I go back and forth all the time, like what would have really happened? If my dog hadn't alerted me, I wouldn't even been looking for something, you know, Like I was that my dog keyed me into that there was something wrong and I saw something that I've never seen before. It's like something that you would see in a nightmare.
Speaker 2: Can you describe anything else, like the shape of the head or with the shoulders, Like what else did you see?
Speaker 4: Like length of hair?
Speaker 2: Was it longer in any spots or lighter color or darker color than any spots?
Speaker 3: It was like a reddish brown color. It had longer, like longish hair. It wasn't short haired, like I have a short haired cat, and I've been just recently caring for my friend's cats. They're long haired cuts. This thing had long hair. It was a longer It was like a reddish brown color. The thing was tall. It was like I mean, I'm guessing seven at least seven feet, if not taller than that. I mean, it could have even been ten feet. I don't know. It happened so fast, but it reminded me of a monkey, like a not a monkey, but like a orangu tang with that color, the color and the shape of it. It had long arms, it was really tall. It had very broad shoulders, and it was it wasn't like it was like anything I've ever seen before. I've never seen anything like that before. I can't. That's why it's hard for me to describe it.
Speaker 2: Did you get more of the impression that was like more like a human or more like an animal?
Speaker 3: For the look, it was more like a human, but it was also very much like an animal. It was like a very good cross. I would say. I can't wait to hear the other story. I want to hear Rachel's story.
Speaker 6: I have questions for you though, because I was also on Johnson Road, So I'm curious, like where on Johnson's were you? Like at what mile marker?
Speaker 3: Oh, I can tell you. I can't tell you on my own marker, but I can tell you that the property that I was out was on a really nice creek. It wasn't the Klamath, but it was like a tributary to that.
Speaker 4: I think it was.
Speaker 6: Meta, it's going to say it's probably Meta Creek.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and then I think so too. I mean, I would have to ask. But I felt like when I was at his property, it was like I'd never that nobody in the whole world had ever been to where I was at. It was so it felt so pristine and untouched and just beautiful, and I felt a lot of really good vibes there, and we had a little yurt. It was like he was trying not to like really like touch the land and like build it up and do any kind of like construction there that would like disrupt anything we were trying to be And it was just felt like a really sacred space, way more than his other spot, which but but you've been to the other spot, which is more closer to Wichipec.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: Leaving that spot and like being so scared that was weird for me because I always really enjoyed being out there. And I'll tell you, I never went back out to that spot again after that happened to me. I never went to either of those places after that happened. It definitely was something that it gave me a really bad anxiety about going out there again, and I never felt that but that way before, and I had been going out there for like, you know, by to seven years.
Speaker 6: I would say, yeah, I mean I've been going out there my whole life. My ground was born out there, our family properties down like thirteen miles down Johnson's Road, almost about a mile up from the Riffle, So my whole I mean, I get what you're saying, Like going out there makes me happy, right, but it's like homecoming. But also I think I think it's really interesting because I mean, I grew up with stories about Bigfoot or Graham would call them the old people.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: For the listeners, I was just gonna say, Rachel's a member of the europe tribe.
Speaker 6: Actually, I'm a Urraq person enrolled at the Trindad ranchery.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: That's okay. We can talk to travel politics another show, maybe another show. But yeah, I'm a I'm a rock person. I grew up, you know, out here out town. But this family property, uh is above the village of Yacht so it has been. It was my great great grandmother's land and then inherited, uh you know, through the generations of my grandma had a piece and the cousins had pieces up top. My uncle actually his place was out more toward Meta. So I just I feel, you know, I felt real familiar with that land out there. But I would tell you now, since it's been so long since you've been out there, Amy, you would hardly recognize it because they've done a lot of logging. But yeah, like, I don't know if you just want me to jump right into my story, Bobo.
Speaker 2: Sure, Yeah, I mean if any background, unless or what anything's pertinent just yet he rep.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like I said, I mean, I grew up with lots of bigfoot or Sasquatch stories. You know. I think I've told you one night long ago out there in Samoa about my auntie, like going to fish Lake and like having it you had to knock or two rocks together like three times, like you know, tap them three times as you're going around. And then one time she was out there gathering sticks or something and was hitting her rocks and then had it come back at her and start getting closer, like it was mimicking what she was doing, and she took off out of there. Also, this I just have to tell you. I think I told you this before too, when your show was happening. My graam liked to watch it, and she's like, you tell that Bobo that they're only going to show themselves when they want to because they're interdimensional creatures.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. I had somebody tell me that recently from your tribe. Actually they say only certain people can see it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when they want to show themselves too, you'll see them. That's what Grandma always said, So yeah, might again. It was like about twenty years ago, summertime. You know, I had been going up there a lot. My brother and I were staying up there quite a bit, and like our whole family used to always be up there all the time. And then I was trying to get out of there. So it was like I was trying to get off of the hill before dark, like at least get down into Ork by dark. So it would have been probably maybe seven or eight o'clock because it was like the golden hour, right, the sun was like just going down. It was beautiful. Everything was like bathed in like this golden light. And I had been like just ripping down the road. I used to start a lot faster down that road, and I had my old like Toyota truck, so I was with it had a lift on it, so I was kind of up pretty high, and I came around the corner. I was probably somewhere around like a mile mark or five four or five like closer actually to turn off to Meta honestly, so probably quite near where you had your sighting. I mean, And it was like rip around the corner. You know, the sun's like glowing, everything's kind of this like beautiful golden shimmery thing, you know, and I come whipping around. Yeah, I come whipping around the curve and I see. I mean, it was like so fast, right, so I'm like my brain's trying to catch up with what like what I'm seeing with like known things, you know. And it was this creature. I would say, at first I thought it was a bear, but it was standing up on two legs and it all had like its arms like kind of outstretched long arms. So it couldn't have been a bear because it was almost like like lateral where bears when they are standing their arms, their shoulders don't work that way, you know, their arms stay in front of them. I was right there in this clearing, and it's just like in retrospect, it appeared to be enjoying the sunset if it's you know, if that's a thing that they can I mean, I believe that Bigfoot can enjoy sunsets. And it was just sort of like basking, you know, in this golden globe, and then it, you know, I disrupted its peaceful moment and it dropped down on all fours and started like running next to my truck because I had slowed down, and I was like, what the hell it was? Probably, I guess on all on both feet it was somewhere between seven and eight feet, is what I would guess, because then it started like keeping pace with my truck and I had slowed down to like try to figure out if I was it was going to run in the road and like hit it. I didn't want to hit it whatever, you know, And my brain was still trying to say bear. But it was just too tall. I mean, I've seen big bears out there, lots of lots of bears out there. It was too tall, way too tall.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: There's no grizzlies out there, no more. And they're not the right it's not the right color. It was like that reddish brown, sort of orangey color. It had long longer fur like you were saying, not overly like swishy, but it was furry.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: Hands did not have fur on them. I don't think feet had you know, I couldn't see the pads of his feet because at that point it was like right next to me, but I know that there was no fur on the hands. And then, like I said, it was just keeping pace with me, and it was probably for no more than like a thousand yards, you know, because it was in this clearing on the left side of me as I was headed probably west at that point on Johnson's Road, back toward Bald Hills Road, and it just kept pace. And then at one point, like it was right it pulled right up alongside my truck. It was I could have reached my hand out the window and touched it, and my window was down, it was cracked, and it's back was probably right in line or a little bit above my window line. So I'm fairly short, so it kind of came to my shoulder. It's probably four foot off the ground four and a half foot off the ground on its arms and legs running and then it just turned and like it turned and looked at me, and right in my face, and then like I was just like, what the heck, you know, and then it peeled off into the brush and I just kept going. I was like, all right, well that happened, you know.
Speaker 3: Was that like the scariest thing that's ever happened to you?
Speaker 6: No, Because I grew up with stories about them, you know what I mean. I also grew up with stories of like engine devils out there, and so what I was taught is like, if you see those would call them mama. If you see them, you don't show no fear. You know, you don't show no fear, or they can't you know, they can do to you things that you don't want done to you. So but it wasn't threatening. It was just like, what's up. You know, you've intruded upon my beautiful moment? Like you know, you see me down.
Speaker 4: You think it was next to you for about a thousand yards or so.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, it wasn't a very long stretch of road right there where there's prairie on the side before the trees and the brush get too thick, so it was open. It was kind of like in this clearing and so you know you cut right around there's a cowfield it's before the cowfield's like right at hand corn road. So I came around the corner there's this clearing and then you know a little bit farther up you get to those like barbire fences where those folks have those cows. There's like a helicopter landing pad there now. But it used to be open prairie. But yeah, no, it ran for somewhere between eight hundred and a thousand yards because it's not very big of a stretch of open prairie there. It wasn't at the time. And then you know, you get back into trees on both sides and thick brush, so that's what it did. It like just sort of took off into the brush as I kept going down the road, like at that point I wasn't gonna stop. You know, I've had all kinds of animal encounters out there on that road, Like you know, see the biggest mountain lion I've ever seen in my life, and it's real skinny. And then you know, one hundred yards down the road, my truck breaks down. I have to get out, you know, like all kinds of stuff, all kinds of bears, all kinds of things. One time we're's out because we used to sleep on the deck in our family's house and Groam would sleep inside. And I got up and went to the bathroom about five o'clock in the morning maybe, and she's just looking out the window. She goes, oh, good, you're alive. I said, what happened. She's like, oh, there's a big panther on the roof. She watched it like jump down off the road onto the roof of the house, and like was just watching all asleep where like you know, one time some real smart fellow left of salmon sitting on the deck and I woke up to a bear like licking it closer and closer to us, trying to get at it. So I've seen lots of stuff out there.
Speaker 2: And so when you first saw you were driving up and you said it was kind of the road there was kind of going I guess south, and it was facing it was facing west. He's kind of saw like a partial profile.
Speaker 4: Was that the case? And how far from the road was it?
Speaker 6: I thought it's back. First it was full on like like basking in the sun, like in this like golden light as the sun was setting, and like so I saw it its arms outstretched. It was on two feet, you know. I saw its back first and it was mostly human shaped, you know, but when bears stand up too. This is like, as an aside, one of the things about bears, if you ever find a bear skeleton in the woods, not that their bones necessarily articulate as human, but their hands do. So if you find a bear's hands, it's real easy to confuse bare hand carples with human hands because like specifically the carpals, the only difference is on a human, like if you look at your knuckle, the human knuckle is like a I know the anatomical names, but I can't remember him. But anyway, there's like those two like kind of ridges or I mean points, and then there's a valley in between, right, and that's where your tendons go. And on a bear's there's a ridge in the middle because it's got two tendons that go through, so it can have that real strong like claw action, you know. So I'm saying all of this and only to say that, like I understood in that moment that this was not a bear because it didn't have bare hands, and bears can also appear human like at times, and there's stories about that, but the ain't the time for that either. But yeah, no, it just like full on was standing there. I saw its back. It like kind of turned its head a little bit to its right, like is it recognized that I was kind of coming? And then it dropped down onto its hands and feet and then just started like sort of like galloping, you know, sort of next to me. I was probably going twenty five miles an hour at that point. I slowed way down because I didn't want to hit it, and, like I said, still try it in my brain to work out is this unknown entity like it's not a bear? What is it? How can it not be a bear?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 6: What the hell else could it be?
Speaker 5: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: So you were driving up like twenty five miles an hour and it was standing like how far from the road, like five ten feet?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, easy, maybe not even between five and ten feet.
Speaker 2: When it started running as you passed, it kind of just all a sudden, just took off and was just kept up with you right away.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was just running right alongside me. And at that point it was like a foot and a half two feet from me, like from the side of my track, just running alongside me. And like I said, because that's what I was going to ask you, Amy, is like, did you notice like a smell, because I like got hit in the face with a smell and it was like kind of reminded me. You know how bears kind of have a distinctive stout smell or even elk elk smell a little bit more like musky. I don't know if anybody's ever noticed that, but I have. And that's what it was, Just like a real kind of musky scent, like not gross or anything, not displeasing.
Speaker 3: But I feel like I believe that that's true, but I can't remember smell, like smelling something. But at the time, like I told you, I was so scared, and I think it's so great that you weren't afraid of there because you had heard stories and stuff, whereas I had no idea other than like someone like Bobo telling me that there was a bigfoot. And I remember being like, maybe that's true, but maybe, like I don't know, like I wasn't like I fully believe in this or I fully disbelieve in this. You know, but when that happened to me, he was definitely the person that I felt like I could talk to about it.
Speaker 6: Oh for sure, I feel like too, like just because like I grew up in like in my community like these we we have these stories. It's still you know, I was totally resonating with what you were saying, for like, you don't really want to have these conversations with people.
Speaker 3: And Yeahbudy the story.
Speaker 6: No, yeah, you got to like suss out whether or not they're you know, going to be open to hearing this and not be dismissive of your experience.
Speaker 3: It sounds absolutely crazy, but it's not. It's not it's not something that I'm making up. It's something that actually happened to me, something that I will never forget. It's definitely, like I said, the scariest thing that's ever happened to me. And so to hear their people's stories makes me feel not so alone in it.
Speaker 2: I know that they said that they that they show themselves in like certain times into certain people, and I think that's true. But I also think and I think I know that they also screw up, like they're not perfect, and that they get sneen by people that they don't want them, they don't want to be that.
Speaker 3: It was probably me, like I said, the thing are treated so quickly. As soon as it saw me see it, it started backing that really fast.
Speaker 6: Sometimes I think like what if they're just messed around, They're like, whant to see whant to see? We freak this check out.
Speaker 2: I think they sell themselves to natives, like like sometimes when the native team or a lot of the times like that has a that is like a certain like a because like not all, not all humans are like Tibetan monks or you know, like these cloister nuns. There's certain people on different levels of spiritual art. I think those things are kind of the same. And I think there's also maybe entities that that take on their shape or you know, like use maybe use their body to travel because it's more efficient to travel, or they have a certain purpose to achieve so they go in that form.
Speaker 6: Yes, I agree with you, Bobo. You know what I think sometimes too is about like because they have purpose here, right, They're like they're not just play and hide and seek, you know, they have a purpose and responsibility to this place just like we do. So you know it might be that they're checking in to see, like, what in the heck are those crazy humans doing now to this place that we're responsible to. I would look at it like.
Speaker 4: That, Rachel.
Speaker 2: I wanted to get a little bit back into your sighting, so you pulled up to it and has back to you.
Speaker 4: Was it like a brick like? Wise, shoulders all thick? All my dollar? Was it more v shaped? How was the body proportions?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it had really broad, like muscular shoulders like you know, because like I said, it's arms were extended, so you could see the musculature.
Speaker 2: Not like walking like a zombie with its arms out in front of it extended, you mean, just like hanging to the side.
Speaker 6: But no, it had its arms like spread out like it was like literally the only thing that my description is like basking in the sun like you ever see like people like praying with their hands their arms outstretched and hands upturned like it was literally like receiving like the light. You know. That's what it looked like to me. That's my reference. What it was actually doing, I don't know, but it had its arms out stretched to its sides like so it could stretch them out laterally like a human could right, whereas like if you see bears there, their shoulders don't rotate out like that.
Speaker 2: Was it kind of like the Jesus crucified post? Or was it ours one in front of it?
Speaker 6: No, a little not all the way not all the way back, a little bit forward, but yeah, I mean arms outstretched like as though like receiving something, you know. Yeah, And then like I said, it sort of like leaned like it didn't turn away or all the way around, but it sort of like tilted its head back toward me, like as it heard me coming, which I find hard to believe. It didn't hear me coming or feel the vibration in my truck for a while, you know, but it made you know, who knows, it was just enjoying what it the you know, enjoying the view. It was just a really gorgeous sense that it happened to be also, so yeah, and like you know, because it was that the Golden Hour, everything just had that real sort of like dreamy hue, and it was sort of like you could see like the light kind of filtering through like some of the wispier ends of the fur and this is you know, this is all happening quickly. But this has kind of burned into my brain because how you know, how many times does this happened to a person?
Speaker 4: You know? Do you see the eye color I had.
Speaker 6: To have because its face was right in my face, But it's probably I mean, it's not sticking out. I'm it's sort of just brown. All I'm seeing is brown in the face.
Speaker 2: Did you see it transition from uh, standing up on all on two feet to did you see it transition on all fours?
Speaker 4: Then it started and then it started running? What happened in that? Yes?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it went so like I said, it sort of like leans a little bit, so like heard that I was coming, so it's being interrupted. And then it dropped to all fours and started running alongside my truck. And then as I was getting to the end of the clearing, like I said, it like turned and looked at me. I guess it had brown, like brownish eyes, maybe maybe lighter brown, but I wouldn't say they were like glowing amber or anything like that.
Speaker 2: As you passed it, it just kind of dropped like it dropped down on all fours as you're like, as you're pulling up next to it, and then it just ran like instantly as going as fast as you were going like twenty five.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was just like kind of next to me, I might have slowed down even more than that.
Speaker 2: Was he in the brush still it kind of he was like jumping over stuff and like having to avoid things, correct.
Speaker 6: Because we were in an open clearing. It was like, like I said, it was just this this stretch of like prairie that's off to the side right there. It doesn't look like that anymore right now, you know, But back then it was like a little stretch of open prairie for a good thousand yards and then it chokes up in the brush.
Speaker 4: Get noise, I want.
Speaker 6: To say, like I heard like breathing, but it might have been me, dude, Like you know what I mean, Like I can't recall noise. But I also had the radio on because I was always blasting music and stuff still do. But and I didn't like turn the radio down. But I remember the smell.
Speaker 2: Is it sticking in your nose afterwards? Like even after New York it wasn't there. Did you still smell like them?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: No, And it smelled like my truck smelled like it because it was like right rubbing up like it was right there, Like I don't feel like it was touching and didn't find any fur afterward and anything like that. But yeah, I could still smell it like around my truck for a good while. And I've like, you know, you ever, like drove through the elk hurd it for trying to get out to Freek Canyon when they won't move. I've been face to face with elk and so they kind of you know, transferred their smell a little bit for a while.
Speaker 4: Did you notice the hands when it was on all fours?
Speaker 2: But do you know if it do you know some of it was knuckle like when knuckles down, flat hands.
Speaker 6: No knuckles, not flat hands.
Speaker 4: Knuckles, Oh, you definitely saw them. It was on knuckle.
Speaker 6: After when it took off past me, not when it was right next to me. I couldn't see down, but I could see it's back. That's what I was watching, Like it's back and because it was like slightly behind, you know, so I can see it's back and shoulders like moving and the muscular chair moving as it was running beside me.
Speaker 2: How did it run like did it seem like a horse or a bear or a dog? Like did it reminds you or deer did like like the motion of it, did it? Could you get a sense of that? Was it fluid or the jerky awkward kind of No.
Speaker 6: It was fluid, so maybe not like a bear because you know how bear's lumber, you know, and not like a bear at all. It was fluid. Maybe more like a horse a little bit, but not exactly because her horses are a little more jerky.
Speaker 4: Was this was the front end up like something that will describe it, almost.
Speaker 2: Like hya when they're on the all fours, like the lobe, back end, like the butt ends much lower than the in the front.
Speaker 6: I couldn't see that because it was right next to me, so I was looking directly at its like back and shoulders.
Speaker 4: How why would you suspect the shoulders were just guessing, I don't.
Speaker 6: Know, like maybe four feet pretty wide, pretty wide and like tapered down. It didn't have like hips or nothing.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: It was sort of V shaped, but like muscular enough legs. They weren't like skinny stick legs. You know. It was hard to see the like the musculature there because it was like furry, you know, as I was standing up. But you know, I've been thinking about all this time, like I don't remember seeing like a butt or nothing. You know, I wasn't focused on that. It was so quick, you know, I thought, well, shoot, I don't remember that part of it. I remember its shoulders, and again, like I said, my brain was trying to compute what am I seeing and make it fit like things that I knew, and dismissing it. And by that point when I'm like, that is not a bear. It's running next to me. So I couldn't see much more of its anatomy. I didn't see like it's chest or abdomen or anything like that.
Speaker 4: Was the hair equally thick, like was it thick all the way down?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: I feel like it tapered off a little bit around like the waist and hips, not like skin showing. It just wasn't as thick. It wasn't like looking at my frame of reference right now was like solely from Monsters, inc. You know, where the furs like equally shaggy and so it appears round. It didn't look like that. It didn't look like that.
Speaker 5: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo will be right back after these messages, So.
Speaker 4: You said it took off like a rocket.
Speaker 2: So if you were driving say twenty at this point, did it like double your speed when it took off that sort of thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, it went fast. It was probably going at least thirty five into the brush. It took off at that point. It was like a streak.
Speaker 2: People say it's like a cartoon. Almost seen them, like, it's almost like watching a cartoon.
Speaker 4: They're so fast.
Speaker 6: Yeah. No, it was very fast. It was pretty incredible. That's when I was like, all right, well I'm going to just keep going. That's done now, you know, I'm going to my go to poor Gram she passed away a year ago, but she was always my go to for all the things. You know. I got to get home and tell Graham about this one.
Speaker 4: What'd she say?
Speaker 6: She was like, why were you being so disruptive? You couldn't have slowed down or turned your music down? Geez? You know.
Speaker 2: Oh, so she thought I was there to tell you, like, hey, you're kind of disrespecting the area.
Speaker 4: I hear what you're doing. Is that what her depression was?
Speaker 6: No, she was she just like to give me heck because you know, I was just because that's what Graham did you know? So, No, she was she she just said exactly all the things I've said. Yeah, you know there are things interdimensional. They don't live here all the time. They can come and go. If they show themselves to you, it's for a purpose, you know, think about what it is that their lives are like, you know, they have purpose. So you know, who knows he was just out here for a minute enjoying the sunset. You know, I did get the sense without any evidence that it was male, just for I don't know why, but that's the sense that I got.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that the V shaped ones are usually the males.
Speaker 2: The females have a wider hip like like like human females, you know, they have like the wider yeah for the birth can of and all that and they so, yeah, they're much.
Speaker 4: More shaped like a block or an apple ors.
Speaker 2: The males are fully triangular V shaped like wild shoulders and more tapered waist.
Speaker 6: I wish that I could be more descriptive about the face because it was so shocking. But what I do remember it was like, you know, smaller features. It didn't have like overly large features. I'm trying not to replace like known things like it certainly didn't look like a gorilla or a primate. It really sort of looks.
Speaker 4: Human ibout, the nose.
Speaker 6: Broad, a little broader, kind of flat, but not huge, you know, not big.
Speaker 3: Can I ask when this happened, Rachel.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this would have been like in the summer of probably two thousand and three or four. It's just I can't even tell you a month I was just I was up there that particular year. I think it was two thousand and three.
Speaker 3: As No, it's like very close to the time that I saw it, saw the same similar thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my setting was about that mile and a half from there, and mine was May twenty first, May twenty six, two thousand and one.
Speaker 4: Interesting on the same road.
Speaker 6: What my own marker were you at?
Speaker 4: You think for the sighting?
Speaker 2: Well, for when I had that crazy encounter, I was two and a half miles from a fire station on If you're anyone looking on Google Maps, you go to or California O R I c K. You go, like if you look up wald Hills Road just north of town, it travels east east, southeast, southeast, and fifteen.
Speaker 4: Road miles up is Johnson Road.
Speaker 2: There's a cal Fire CDF forest fire station there on the corner of Johnson Road, and Johnson only goes.
Speaker 4: Left to the north and you go left up there.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's it's it's so changed that they've logged everything up there.
Speaker 4: It's it's I couldn't even like.
Speaker 2: It took me a couple of tries to find where I had my sighting because it was so looks so completely different.
Speaker 6: I don't even recognize the road at some point, you know, they've logged so much, and I've been going up through my whole life. All the landmarks that I had are going you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, for real, it's weird. It's strange, all right.
Speaker 2: It was anything else, anything else that you can maybe you forgot to mention earlier, that stands out to you at all.
Speaker 3: I'm just so blown away about about how similar our two stories are, even though she had something that like ran alongside her vehicle whereas whatever, and I think it might have been because of my dog that scared whatever it was off, But so similar.
Speaker 6: Some other crazy person who no, like I said, I mean, these are old stories. So there's lots of us, lots of us around here who if we haven't seen them, we've grown up with the stories and know who these people are.
Speaker 2: You know, so the stigma was definitely diminishing, like you know, like just even when the twenty twenty five years ago, nowadays, it's so much more acceptable to say.
Speaker 4: You solve them without being everyone just going what the hell are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Like, you know a lot of people don't go, oh, really what, they don't laugh, they go, really, what happened?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: They're not like, okay, you know X files or whatever. Well, I'm really happy that we finally sat down to do this. I know we've been talking about it for a while, so I appreciate your patience.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks so much for coming on.
Speaker 2: That was great. I've been looking forward to this for a long time. Know the people listening to this appreciate you coming on and sharing their stories. It's it's really for me, it's just so's it's where I had my first major encounter and then five days there I had my first sighting. So for me, it's always you know, like it's got that you know, it's my first time.
Speaker 6: Well, thank you so much for asking me to come on. I appreciate it. And yeah, let me know we'll hang out and chat some more.
Speaker 4: Sounds great. Thanks Rachel.
Speaker 6: All right, take care and thank you too.
Speaker 2: Amy. That was awesome you came on and told that story. I've mentioned it on the air for years and years, so now that people got to hear it from straight from the horse's mouth. Okay, folks, thanks so much for tuning in and listening. We appreciate the support, and until next week, y'all keep it squatchy.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes, subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond