Speaker 1: Hey guys, welcome back to With Love Tasha. Hey guys, we are in the month of September. I hope everyone's doing well. Sorry for not having a show last week. There was just a lot going on. You all know we lost Dolly Parton. We lost, what's the young woman's name? I wasn't really familiar with her movies, but then I remembered. And then Hayden or Peyton. And then also we lost Eddie Cain from the Five Heartbeats, guys. It was just a lot going on. last weekend. I was just all over the place. So welcome back to With Love, Tasha. I'm your host, Tasha Bradley. Thank you all for listening to the shows from beginning to end and pushing play. We're now in the month of September. We have three months to go before it's over for 2026. And it's a wrap just like that, guys. Um, I'm just here to give you all a little encouragement because I've been speaking to a lot of people recently that have been struggling emotionally. You know what I mean? It's just, um, A lot of folks are all over the place. And that just seems to be the new world that we're living in. I mean, just like I just always feel like ever since COVID that we just folks aren't as happy as they used to be. And we're not just I don't know. It's just we're all over the place emotionally, financially. It's just a struggle for everyone in one form or the other. So I just want to come on and encourage you all to you know what? Life's going to kick our ass sometimes and it's going to knock us down, but we have to get back up. No matter how many times you fall down, you get back on your feet and you come back stronger than ever.
Speaker 2: You turn your pain into gain. You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You make your pain your strength to make sure that you climb out of the hole, that you get back on your feet. Don't just lay there and just accept that I've been defeated.
Speaker 2: Hell no. You come back. You come back stronger.
Speaker 1: You know, I just want to encourage someone that just make that pain your purpose.
Speaker 2: Whatever you're going through, don't give up.
Speaker 1: I don't care if it's physically, if it's emotionally, if it's financially, don't you dare throw in the towel. We have a lot to look forward to.
Speaker 2: Even on the darkest days, there's going to be a light at the end of the tunnel.
Speaker 1: Things can always just last and just be really, really bad at some point. things are going to get better. And I know emotionally you're going, win, win, win, win. I'm tired, I'm tired, I'm tired. Just hold on, okay? I just wanted to encourage someone that no matter how many times you are kicked down, get back up, stand up, come back stronger.
Speaker 2: Take all the experience and all the trauma.
Speaker 1: You've gone through, you just have to put it together and put it in perspective and just go, okay, when I turned this corner, this happened. When I fell down this time, this happened. You just come back stronger You're coming back with experience. You're coming back with the do's and the don'ts. You're crossing your T's and dotting your I's. Well, I was going to say dotting your I's and crossing your T's. I was going to get it all mixed up. You guys know how I'm all over the place, but I just wanted you all to know.
Speaker 2: Hold on. You know, it will get better.
Speaker 1: And I know this is the time of the year when we figure, oh, my God, I'm still thinking, huh, I.
Speaker 2: Was supposed to do this. I should have this much money saved by now. I didn't do this.
Speaker 1: I didn't get outside at all this summer. I thought, like, I was going to be outside. I haven't been outside. I have yet to get outside. And now we're going into fall and winter. So there goes my summer. But guess what? I had a lot going on. I can't just sit and go, oh, wow, I didn't do blah, blah, blah.
Speaker 2: It's coming.
Speaker 1: And maybe I was meant to stay indoors. Outside is too damn expensive, okay? I had to stay inside this summer. So I just wanted to encourage you all to, like I said, don't give up, stay strong mentally.
Speaker 2: And this is September.
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: We're in the month.
Speaker 1: I want to go to the awareness and want to give some love, uh, to, um, some health and medical causes for the month of September to kind of break the ice here.
Speaker 2: It's a childhood cancer awareness month.
Speaker 1: And, uh, we honor children and families affected, um, by children with cancer. My nephew, I want to give a big shout out to my nephew. Oh, I have to call this a real name now. I can't call him my.
Speaker 2: Nickname, but Robert Bradley, the third up in Reno, Nevada.
Speaker 1: He's a firefighter and he has a started for the Reno fire department up there. The federal, is it the federal? How am I going to, Oh God, I don't have my t-shirt. Oh, it's Northern Nevada Children's Cancer Foundation, because I'm like, wait a minute, NNCCF.
Speaker 2: Okay, so my nephew founded.
Speaker 1: The, you know, and got it going, and it's the Northern Nevada Children's Cancer Foundation.
Speaker 2: They have t-shirts. You can go to that website, order a t-shirt.
Speaker 1: I've ordered mine, and because his son, Deshaun, fought and beat cancer, so they know the importance of giving back to families, you know, that are going through it with their children for traveling, as he said, missing work, you know, and just the money. So they're donating all the procedures, the proceeds from the selling of the T-shirts to families in need. And also we have National Prostate Health, Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, focusing on early detection and research for prostate cancer. And also, you know what's near and dear to my heart besides the children's cancer that my great nephew, Deshaun Bradley, survived, my nephew Robbie's son. We also have Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month, raises the profile of ovarian cancer signs and testing and the importance of that. You know, I lost my baby sister. If you listen to me and have Push Play on a couple of episodes by now, you've heard Jasmine's name. And my baby sister who passed of ovarian cancer. It's been, I think, six, seven years now. I also lost, like, two aunts that I didn't know until after Jazz passed of ovarian cancer. So that's in, you know, our... It's in our background, our medical history for women in our family for ovarian cancer.
Speaker 2: So get tested, look for the signs. And, yeah.
Speaker 1: And, you know, yesterday my sister had ran the... ovarian September awareness month post and I reshared it and when I was just like resharing it I really burst out and started crying that shit broke my heart like oh I hate cancer I hate any form of cancer whether it's children ovarian prostate you know brain cancer just whatever it's just horrible and it's taken far too many of our loved ones to the at the hands of cancer no matter what form of cancer it is so We have that ovarian cancer awareness for September. Long live jazz all day. Every motherfucking day is jazz day.
Speaker 2: I love you, baby.
Speaker 1: She's always with me, though. She's here now as I'm recording right here on my desk. Have the light on because she shines so bright all day, every day. It's my only friend that I talk to in my home here. And we have sickle cell awareness month highlights and the needs and experience of people with sickle cell disease. And then pain awareness month promotes better understanding of chronic pain Management. Ooh, I need that because lately I've been in pain, but I'm getting out. I got to get rid of my bed, that therapeutic bed. I can't stand it. It just is no good. So I'm trying to get rid of it. Anyway, I just wanted to encourage you all. Like I said, if you fall down, stand back up, get back up. Like Bob Marty said, get up, stand up, stand up for your rights, stand up for your life, stand up for yourself.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 1: We're going to be okay. We're just going to hang in there. We're going to keep fighting the good fight. No one's going to throw in the towel. That's not what we're doing, okay? So hang in there. We have all this awareness that's going on this month, and I just wanted to check in with you all to let you know, keep getting back up. That's what this episode is titled, Keep Getting Back Up. Don't just fall down and later get your ass back up. Do you understand what I'm saying? I'm here to tell you to get back up. Get in the fight. It's not over, okay?
Speaker 2: Okay? We're going to keep fighting.
Speaker 1: We're going to keep getting back up, and nothing's going to keep us down, and absolutely nothing is going to make us throw in the towel. That's not what we're doing, okay? I just love you all. I love encouraging you all. And don't forget, if you'd like to be a guest, this is the month of September. I'd like to record with you. I'd like for you to come on, share your self-love journey, the experiences you've had, or just little tips that you'd like to pass on to someone else, or just to encourage someone, all right? I'd love to have you on, but this is to encourage you to get up. We're in the month of September. We have October, November, and December to go on to the next 365 days.
Speaker 2: You understand? So don't give up. Don't lay down.
Speaker 1: Get up and stand up. And don't you dare throw in the towel. I don't care what it is, what you're going through. You get your ass up and you keep fighting. You feel good about yourself. You feel good about your situation. When you're giving 100% of yourself, no matter how it turns out, just feel good that you've given 100%. That you didn't just sit and allow things to just happen and go, oh, I'm not fighting.
Speaker 2: You get up and fight. And as long as you fought a good fight, if you lose, you lose. You fought a good damn fight. All right?
Speaker 1: We can't win them all. There are going to be times when life's going to kick our ass. But then when you get back up, you kick life back in the ass.
Speaker 2: All right? That's just how it goes. All right?
Speaker 1: I appreciate you all for listening from beginning to end. I'm not going to take up too much of your time. I've just gotten off work, and I want to go lay down and get comfortable. Anyway, I also want to tell you, this is to help you with your self-love and just to remember, the second you start letting the small shit slide, you overreact. open the door for bigger problems to occur standards only work when you enforce them you enforce them all right don't let nobody just tell you what and how it's going to be you make the rules you get up you stand up for yourself all right That's all I have for you all, and I know it is enough. Don't forget to take the post. Thank you for listening from beginning to end. Tell a friend to tell a friend about your girl. Why am I just, I always like to talk with my hands. Anyway, tell a friend to tell a friend about your girl, Tasha Bradley. Follow me on all my social medias.
Speaker 2: You are loved. You are amazing.
Speaker 1: You are awesome, and don't you ever forget that. You get your ass up and you fight, all right? We're in the month of September. We have three more months to go. We're going to push through, all right? I love you. More importantly, love your damn self.
Speaker 2: One love.