Speaker 1: The online world can be both a safe haven and a nasty place. Creators can make a living, people can find entertainment, and even a place where they belong. But there lurks a darker side of the Internet that can be much more than people imagine. In today's case, Bianca Devins was a budding creator online when things ended up taking a turn for the worse when a jealous friend was unsuccessful in making their relationship become much more than just friendship.
Speaker 2: My name's Ben and I'm Nicole, and you're listening to Wicked and Grim, a.
Speaker 1: True crime podcast.
Speaker 2: Warning.
Speaker 1: The following podcast and material intended for a mature audience. Listener discretion is advised.
Speaker 2: So we welcome some new additions to the fan this week.
Speaker 1: We did. We currently have four little baby sleeping chicks in our loft of our tiny home right now.
Speaker 2: Well, we're hoping that they're going to be sleeping for the entirety of.
Speaker 1: This podcast, no kidding. If they end up having to make noise whenever we're trying to record, we're gonna have to find a solution. But yeah, for now, they're quiet, they're sleeping, they're adorable.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Well this is the second night we're having them, and last night they slept all through the night, Yeah, which was unexpected.
Speaker 1: It was, but I mean they're babies, they will sleep generally speaking. So yeah, our chicken flock officially is now up to twelve with these four new chicks. So chicken math. Yeah if you know, you know, if you don't chickens, there's chicken math involved.
Speaker 2: They are seriously the cutest things. Though they are, it is so distracting. I am up there numerous times a day.
Speaker 1: I actually took one and put it on a finger skateboard today. Don't worry. It was completely safe. I just like kept it like standing there and put the chicken on top. It was. It was amazing. It wasn't rolling around.
Speaker 2: We'll progress with those skills, just kidding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, next step is a kickflip. But no, there. They're adorable. They're awesome. We even put up a YouTube video if you want to check it out links down below. But chickens aside, we also have patrons that are absolutely incredible that keep supporting this show. So we got a bunch of people to thank this week because we have Penny McKenzie, Joan Haney, Katie Chasten, Ted, Melissa Rule, Marcel Lopez, and Debatable Maple, who all joined us on patriot On this week. So thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Those were some hard names.
Speaker 1: Hey, there was a couple of ones that challenge me a little bit. I like that Ted, you kept it simple, simple, sweet love it. I also love Debatable Maple. That was I'm assuming a Canadian.
Speaker 2: They're all good, They're all good.
Speaker 1: They're all good. You guys are amazing. Thank you so much for supporting the show. If you want to support the show more than just even you know, listening, link to patreons down below. It helps us amazingly. You can even give us a rating going you know, give us a five star four start whatever you seem appropriate, give us a review helps the show, or if you just want to listen, we got an awesome episode for you today.
Speaker 2: Question before we start forty two? Are you going to crack that beer?
Speaker 1: Yes? But I was. I was keeping it suspenseful this time. Now you just ruined this.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, here we go. Oh, I was just I honestly thought you forgot, which you know what, Actually, yeah, that was stupid. You would never forget.
Speaker 1: No, I wouldn't. I was creating suspense this time. Oh, I was going to find a good moment here.
Speaker 2: You're like, when's it going to happen? When's it gonna happen?
Speaker 1: Exactly? There was going to be the perfect moment right before I start, that was going to open it. But you just gave it away.
Speaker 2: I ruined it.
Speaker 1: Wow, as the Red Hot Chili Peppers once said, give it away, give it away, give it away now. Sorry, that was terrible.
Speaker 2: No, it's okay. Let's get to the true crime, shall we.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get to the true crime now.
Speaker 2: Okay. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I don't think I could say that as fast as give it away now though.
Speaker 2: But that was pretty good.
Speaker 1: Thank you appreciate it. Well, this one kind of mirrors the last episode that we did regarding a murder and online, because there was much of online involved with this one. Last time we debunked it saying, look, you know, the online portion didn't so much happen. This one, the online portion definitely happened, right on, No, not right on.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm very glad the last one didn't happen because that was something Yeah. Yeah, wow.
Speaker 1: Well, this one involves a young woman by the name of Bianca Michelle Devins. So Bianca was born on October two, two thousand and one. She was a seventeen year old teenager at the time from Utica, New York, in the United States of America. So Bianca had just recently graduated from high school, and like many people her age, she was just beginning to take on the world as an independent person all on her own, you know, coming of age, finding out who you are, what you want to do. You know, we've all been there.
Speaker 2: It's kind of an exciting time.
Speaker 1: Actually, it's also very scary.
Speaker 2: Scary and exciting as so very mixed emotions.
Speaker 1: Yes, especially when you're first taking on the world and it's like, I hate to say it, but the world kind of smacks you upside the head and you get a reality check on like it's not as easy as you think it's going to be. That's for sure, totally sucks, But I mean that kind of happens hopefully anyone out there. If you haven't hit that point yet, hopefully it is easy for you. But a lot of people do struggle because the world hits you hard.
Speaker 2: It happens to the best of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But as such, she was set to attend Mohawk Valley Community College in the Fault begin her studies in the field of psychology. Now, it was a subject that was rather near and dear to Bianca's heart. You see, Bianca had struggled with mental illness in her life for quite some time. She had previously been diagnosed with depression, anxiety, borderline personality disorder, and even post traumatic stress disorder or PTSD. She quote had been in and out of the hospital receiving mental health treatment for much of her teen years.
Speaker 2: Oh that's too bad. That's hard.
Speaker 1: It is really hard. So I feel for her. But also at the same point, it's like, that's incredible that she's dealing with these sort of things and then strives to go into psychology. It's like she's tackling her demon's head on, which is so amazing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and using it to motivate her exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so good on her for that. But regardless of her struggles, Bianca was also described as a kind and thoughtful person who often proactively helped other people throughout her life. She was always willing to offer good advice if you're trying to work through something, or even just be someone who would sit and listen if that's what you need it. She was kind, sweet, and a talented artist who had aspirations to become a model.
Speaker 2: Wow she sounds wonderful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no kidding, everything that I've read about her, she's just this like super kind, super sweet individual.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. We just need so many more people like that.
Speaker 1: We do on this Unfortunately the world is lacking in that department, yes, which kind of sucks, but like you say, we need much more of it now. Kimberly, Bianca's mom, gave birth to Bianca when she was a teenager, just herself, and in many ways, the two of them kind of like grew up together, if that makes any sense. So there was Bianca, Olivia, who is Bianca's younger sister, and Kimberly their mother. So all three of them were very close and they not only considered each other family but best friends too.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness that I love that.
Speaker 1: Right, So it's love that a tight knit little family that got going on now. Kimberly's mother even had this to say about her daughter Bianca. Quote, she was a beautiful person, stronger than I could ever be.
Speaker 2: Wow. Really, Yes, that's what.
Speaker 1: Kimberly said about her daughter Bianca.
Speaker 2: Oh, my gosh.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, if you're gonna have your heart melt, that's probably a moment when it's going to happen.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So for Beyonca, though the real world was not her favorite place, she found solace on the Internet, and online was a way to escape the real world, and social media became her refuge. On the Internet, it's an easy place where you can find like minded people who can relate to you. They are endless memes and videos to distract you from your strug in the real world.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's a place where you have control and have the ability to leave an unsafe place, for example, or explore deeper and learn something new. It's a place where she could escape, and soon she developed her online persona as an egirl. So an e girl. This is a term that's derived from electronic girl or electronic boy. It's a conjunction word that people have adapted due to their association with the Internet and their online presence. Okay, so it's like if I were an e boy, it's because like, hey, you know, I'm always on Instagram or I'm a gamer, and it's like you kind of adapt this personality and it kind of like goes with like your clothes, and you know, you adapt this style to go along with it.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of that before. No, no, really you had prior.
Speaker 1: To Oh definitely. It kind of started gaining popularity, I believe in about like twenty nineteen with TikTok and the rise of TikTok.
Speaker 2: Okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now, Instagram was one of Bianca's favorite platforms to frequent and over her time using her account on the platform, she accumulated more than seventy thousand followers on Instagram, which is no easy feats. Good on her for achieving that.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, what was her content are you going to say?
Speaker 1: I mean, like based around the egirl sort of stuff. Okay, okay, yeah, so like she liked her modeling stuff and I tried to look up the account. I'm not sure if I found the real account or if it was a mock account, but the one I found only had about nine photos on it now, okay, so I'm assuming a lot of it has been taken down if that was the real account. But regardless of her online persona of an egirl was was flourishing in this app is where she would actually eventually meet twenty one year old Brandon Clark on April of twenty nineteen. So at the time, Bianca was seventeen and her friend Brandon was twenty one.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Through the platform, the two would begin talking and building a relationship together that Bianca made very clear to her mother that was a platonic one. She made it very clear to Brandon that they were just friends. She wasn't looking for anything else. It was just friends and nothing more.
Speaker 2: It's wild, actually, though, how you can have conversations with people and you're like friends, right, but you've never physically met them. Oh, definitely, really cool.
Speaker 1: I've got friends around the world that I've talked to online very frequently and I've never met them. And I've actually made friends online that I then met in real life, and it's like we're super good friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, it's almost like you have spent time in person. Oh exactly, it's quite Yeah, it's very interesting to describe.
Speaker 1: It seems like it's very much so easier to develop a relationship online than it is in the real world. And I think it comes down to two things. One, you are much more able to find someone to relate to online because you're in like minded communities for example.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So you find someone that you kind of click with in a like minded community, then second, you have that protection of your computer screen or your phone screen or something, right, So it's much easier to open up because it's like, I don't know, it's not really real at that point, so you can just kind of let loose. And then by the time when you meet in the real world, you've already gone through this process of learning who each other are, and it's like you're just you click instantly, yeah, because you just know each other now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know the good, the bad, you know exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So as such, the two friends, you know, Brandon and Bianca, they hung out quite a bit and Brandon became, as described by Bianca's sister, a trusted family friend. Despite this, there was some speculation that there may have been a bit more to their relationship than anyone knew, so, with a friend of Bianca's believing Brandon supplied her with some drugs at times to entice her to spend time with him. Whether this is true or not, it's unclear, and anything that's been brought forward in this regard has been purely speculation.
Speaker 2: At this point, Okay, good to know, good, good that that's noted.
Speaker 1: Yes, However, with Brandon's personality that we will find a little bit later on, I wouldn't put it past them to at least attempt that.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, I'll just wait. I was gonna be like, what kind of drugs are we talking about here?
Speaker 1: Don't know?
Speaker 2: Okay, don't know.
Speaker 1: It could have just been weed or I have no clue. Yeah, as I said that, it is just purely speculation, and all I ever found was quote drugs, drugs. Yeah, I mean, it could have been freaking cough syrup. It could have been like, hey, you need a you need an ibuprofen. I don't know, yeah exactly, I'll hook you up. Who knows how many milligrams you need? So But regardless of that speculation, the fact remains they were friends, nothing more, at least as far as Bianca new done, done done.
Speaker 2: Okay. I know this is just going to go south in a terrible way. I have a feeling. Well, I mean, we're talking about it.
Speaker 1: It's a true crime podcast.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I'm just like, I have little stories in my head where it doesn't end bad and it's kind of nice.
Speaker 1: You're trying to rewrite it as you go. Yeah, no, I feel you. Unfortunately, though, in this case, we're going to talk about what really happened. Okay, so it will be two months after the first or after the two had first met in the real world. On July thirteenth, twenty nineteen, that both Bianca and Brandon were headed to a concert together. They were going to see a Canadian singer, Nicole Dollaganger in New York City, so they drove quite a waste to go see it, which is about four hours away. It was here at the concert that they met up with a mutual friend named Alex. During the show, Bianca and Alex allegedly were close and even started hitting it off and shared a kiss together. Ooh la la la la. It was something that did not exactly sit.
Speaker 2: Well with Brandon, okay, because he liked her.
Speaker 1: He did see although Bianca had made it very clear that she didn't want to be romantically involved with Brandon, he clearly hoped that she would change her mind, or maybe that he could get in there and you know, change the situation a little bit. And then when he witnessed Bianca kissing Alex, his jealousy would take over.
Speaker 2: That's tough. He was sort of just giving it time. He wasn't taking you know that she wanted to just be friends as the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was hoping, you know, it could develop into something else.
Speaker 2: And I mean sometimes it does sometimes.
Speaker 1: But regardless of if it does or does not develop, you need to respect if someone says no, if they're right now just being friends and he's hoping it develops into more, there's nothing wrong with that. But if she goes off and is now with Alex, he needs to be okay with that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it sounds like she's very honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, following the concert, Bianca and Brandon hopped into his car and began their four hour drive back to Utica. On this strip, the two began talking and arguing about the kiss that Bianca shared with Alex. Things were getting worse and worse and heated, and eventually it ended up with them kind of quieting down and not really talking a whole lot to one another.
Speaker 2: It's an awkward drive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure it would have been quite the awkward drive, and Bianca clearly probably just wanted to get home at this point, so as she waited for her arrival at her destination. She began drifting off to sleep. At this time, it was it was quite late, like they made the four hour trip to the concert, which I'm sure probably started at like seven, eight nine o'clock, went a few hours now, they got another long drive back home, so it's in the wee hours of the morning, and she began drifting off to sleep, and it would be then that Brandon would strike. Brandon turned his car into a dead end road that was not too far from where Bianca lived, and this is where they were isolated. He put his car in park, he set up his camera, hit record, and reached down beside his seat and retrieved a large black handled knife he had stashed away. Then in this instant, in the early morning hours of July fourteenth, twenty nineteen, Brandon attacked the sleeping Bianca and began quote sawing at her throat with the knife. Oh gosh, police described it as.
Speaker 2: Sawing, oh wow, okay.
Speaker 1: Yanka woke up when the attack began, but unfortunately would quickly succumb to her wounds from the assault. Brandon now took over Beyanca's lifeless body with her head not dearly nearly decapitated. He left her sitting in the car while he exited and built a bonfire while listening to the song test Drive by Joji on repeat. He then took to social media. He started on Instagram Stories, where at six forty am on July fourteenth, he posted a still frame photo from movie Fight Club, then posting a photo after that from behind the wheel of his car looking at the nighttime road with words here comes hell. It's redemption right, which her song lyrics from a band called Hollywood Undead. From there, it only escalates. His next post would be a picture of Bianca's lifeless body, now removed from the car, laying underneath a green tarp, but you can clearly see the outline of a person underneath his bloody hand in the picture, with a caption quote, I'm sorry Bianca.
Speaker 2: Holy shit. Yeah, you gotta be fucking me.
Speaker 1: Oh it gets worse. After these images being posted, Brandon then took to another popular app called Discord. In a group chat with several other individuals, including members of Bianca's family, Brandon posted a picture of Bianca's deceased body where you could see very clearly her face and lifeless eyes, along with the words quote, sorry, fuckers, you're going to have to find somebody else to orbit. So to clarify, orbiting is apparently when people follow an online individual, idolizing said person, like a creator or an influencer. It's kind of like a term simping that means anything to you.
Speaker 2: Jeez, this is okay, you said she I can't even speak. There was family in this discord chat. Correct, and this is going to be how they're finding out that she has died.
Speaker 1: Correct. This is how the family found out she died via photo sent by Brandon?
Speaker 2: What the fuck is wrong with him? Was he on drugs?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Sober?
Speaker 2: That is so just.
Speaker 1: Yeah you could, br no, you like and understand why?
Speaker 2: Like she literally thought that she was with a friend and in a safe place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that was the exact opposite.
Speaker 2: Wow, my gosh.
Speaker 1: He very quickly did not hesitate to take her life because she didn't want to be with him. She kissed some other dude.
Speaker 2: It was only because she kissed someone else like that. Ish.
Speaker 1: So Brandon reportedly also called numerous of his family members and then reportedly alleged or resembled a suicide note slash goodbye on said phones which prompted family to call nine one one. They weren't the only ones to call, though, People online who had now seen the photos which were posted you know, Instagram and Discord, had begun dialing nine one one, most of them not sure if this is real or fake or what the hell? So they called in, and so did Brandon himself. His call went as such, quote, my name is Brandon. The victim is Bianca Michelle Devins. I'm not going to stay on the phone for long because I still need to do the suicide part of the murder suicide.
Speaker 2: I was just about okay, I yeah, this one is this one you didn't warn me about at all?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I didn't, No, you didn't. You really didn't, Okay, And that's the call. And then he just hung hangs up the fucking phone.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if that's the only thing that was said, but that is the majority of what he said. Yes, that's the only insert from the call that I could find and locate.
Speaker 2: You have to be kidding me. This has me so uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: It's a fucked up one. Now. The police, of course, immediately took these nine and one calls very seriously and they immediately went to Bianca's home to make contact with Bianca's family to see if they can get a hold of her. You know, again, they thought it was.
Speaker 2: Fake because yeah, who and who would have done something like this for right? Can I just go back to the sawing thing? So basically he's sawing her and she like wakes up from being asleep and it's just too late, like basically basically even like help herself.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't know. I don't know if she like woke up to the act of him cutting her throat or woke up to him like attacking her and like getting on top of her, but she could not defend herself. He had a knife and he went right for her throat and it was far too late.
Speaker 2: Jeez. Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the family had, at this point before the police arrived, already seen the photos, hoping it was fake too. Yes, no one could get a hold of Bianca. Her mother was just unable to reach. And in that moment, officers knew that when they reached the scene that Brandon where Brandon told him they were, they would be finding something absolutely horrific, and they were right. As a police arrived, Brandon took the knife he had used to murder Beyondka and turned it on himself. He then slit a left side of his own neck and threw the knife in his car and laid back onto the green tarp that was covering Bianca's body. Immediately, he began taking selfies on his phone with his neck bleeding out and posting photo one of the photos to snapcheck Snapchat Sorry. In the photo, he's showing off his neck on which is now bleeding, onto his blood saturated shirt, with the caption quote ashes to ashes. Law enforcement body camera footage shows officers approaching with guns drawn, talking to Brandon, who tells them where the knife is and that Bianca is under the tarp. A suicide note and message were found at the scene, and the body cam footage even shows the spray painted message that was left on the road and it read quote may you never forget me? And I just want to say this, Brandon, I hope the whole fucking word forgets you.
Speaker 2: Shit. No shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So he was quickly arrested and was rushed to hospital where he received emergency surgery for his self inflicted wounds to his neck. He survived, and the following day he was officially charged with second degree murder of Bianca Devns.
Speaker 2: So he didn't go on this trip intending that that was going to happen, But I guess because she was well with another guy, kind of kissing another guy.
Speaker 1: There is the possibility that it could have been a premeditation because he had the knife stashed.
Speaker 2: Away, right, he fucking did.
Speaker 1: He had the knife stashed away and ready. And now police are suggesting potentially because he had recording equipment available. But I believe the video that he recorded while killing her was on his phone because he did record the entire attack him Because I said, the police described a sawing action. Yeah, they watched the video of him slicing her throat.
Speaker 2: No one should have to watch that. And when you went to go about describing, you were like grabbed his phone. This okay, just like he just cannot be in his right mind. This is some of the most bizarre shit that I've ever heard. And also not at the same time, because of just the day and age that we live in. We're social media and like our phones and documenting everything is just so forefront in all of our minds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just run rampant and taken over many people, and clearly something like this has taken over Brandon's life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where it's probably just almost felt natural for him to just be posting what the fuck he was doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now, there are many investigators, such as police Sergeant Michael Curly, who actually believe Brandon was searching social media fame himself and wanting to post this and also his message, you know that he wrote in spray paint, may you Never Forget Me? So he may be looking at, you know, Bianca's success on Instagram, having all these followers, and maybe he wanted to achieve that too, And now that he's angry with her, he's going to achieve what she did by killing her and posting it too. Yeah, there's that whole other layer there too, that he's wanting to achieve this stardom, this fame, may you never forget Me sort of fucking attitude by killing her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it almost seemed like he was just obsessed with her numerous ways. Really.
Speaker 1: Oh, he was through and through for sure.
Speaker 2: But rightfully so, because it sounds like she was amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So back to that potential premeditation part, though, there was also evidence that will be found through Brandon's search history showing that he made online searches on how to locate the carotid artery, which is the artery that runs through a person's neck and feeds blood flow to your brain.
Speaker 2: You pointed out, Well, I'm just like that definitely is kind of a premeditation then for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he also searched how to incapacitate or kill someone and other general searches for choking and hanging.
Speaker 2: Oh jeez, Yeah, I can say my search history is pretty fucked. But I guess like all stuff like that on there.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, you and I host a true crime podcast, so I think if there's any investigators, we could probably be like, look at our podcasts. I'm pretty sure those searches are going to be related to many of these things.
Speaker 2: My part or my search history is so all over the place because I have like true crime celebrities, hockey, Like I feel like it's just chickens chickens. Like people would be like, who is this chick what is she actually interested in?
Speaker 1: Well, that's like me and my personal Instagram pages, Like I've got huskies, I've got mountain biking, I've got tiny home stuff. And then it's like just sprinkled in with like a little bit of a few other things just randomly in there.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like having diverse interests is good. I kind of strive for that, I believe fair enough.
Speaker 1: It's not a bad thing by any means. I'm just sure it confuses the hell out of the algorithm. But anyways, we digress. So in court on July twenty ninth, twenty nineteen, Brandon would plead not guilty to second degree.
Speaker 2: Murder you don't say.
Speaker 1: He was later charged with promoting prison contraband as well, after officers had found a shive in his possession, like in his cell, constructed out of a sharpened toothbrush. Brtal He had allegedly also written a letter to a friend that was found in a cell as well, where he bragged about knowing what it felt like to kill someone. And the letter also actually explained his motive for the murder as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, and what was it?
Speaker 1: So? To quote it, it read he couldn't handle the thought of her walking out of his life.
Speaker 2: What a piece of shit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: The fact that he's already planning shit in prison too is just so alarming.
Speaker 1: I know, it's totally fucked. He enjoyed the shit out of it, and he wants that glory for being a murderer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of feel like it could if he doesn't remain in jail, there could be more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which I'm gonna say this, he clearly has that glory for being a murderer at this point. He does. It's undeniable. But that is the worst fucking fame you could ever.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: You're famous for all the wrong reasons. Not a soul in his fucking planet likes you.
Speaker 2: No, you're not respected whatsoever.
Speaker 1: No. I wonder if he even has visitors honestly.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean maybe he's family, but just because they kind of feel obligated, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well because they're family.
Speaker 2: Who knows that.
Speaker 1: But anyways, on February tenth of twenty twenty, Brandon changed his plea to guilty, and on June second, tried to ages plea back to not guilty, but was rejected as he had already admitted his guilt in various different ways, like he had talked to officers and all this sort of stuff, and he's like, oh, yeah, I'm guilty, and there's the video like it was just they're just like, no, you're not changing your fucking plea.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So on March sixteenth, twenty twenty one, Brandon Clark was sentenced to twenty five years to life in prison.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean that's probably the maximum, but gosh, I was so young though that it just it has to be more than twenty five years.
Speaker 1: I sure fucking hope it is. Now. Since her daughter's death, Kimberly Devns was also dealing with an onslaught of graphic images of her daughter for years and I'm pretty sure still is to this day. Many cruel people on the internet still circulate the images and have even sent them to Beyonca's family members out of sick and twisted humor.
Speaker 2: Seriously, yes, they're kidding me.
Speaker 1: Why many of those people who are quote orbiters that Brandon was talking about find someone else to orbit now? Or also these quote in cells is another term for many of these type people who just thrive in this, Like these in cells are people that like they're guys who can't attract women in the real world, but then they they orbit these women on social media platforms and then it's like when they get rejected, they just like hate on them like that sort of thing. And these sort of sick fucks are the ones that are doing this.
Speaker 2: There is just there's no excuse for anyone to be sending anything like that to a anyone or the family, Like, what kind of unbelievably disgusting piece of scum are you?
Speaker 1: I know, Biyonca's younger sister, Olivia, actually couldn't even facelogging into any social media platforms for over a year because she had this fear of like seeing more photos that she could possibly come across every sister's brutal, fucking murder online.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is so beyond sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Kimberly originally thought Brandon Clark was a quiet, nice man, but now she realizes who he truly was and being a part of this whole in cell community online, so to quote her, there's definitely this toxic max sculinity where they believe they're entitled to women. And I really think Bianca stood for everything they hated. She was a strong woman, and I mean even the motive behind her murder is if I can't have you, no one can. In the wake of the tragedy, the family and online supporters advocated for change that would prevent people from sharing violent or harmful footage on social media. On September twenty one, twenty twenty, the introduction of Bianca's Law was put in place, and in January of twenty twenty two, the New York State passed the law, which criminalizes posting, sharing, or publishing personal images with intent to degrade or views under certain circumstances. Beyonca's family would also create a scholarship in Beyanka's name for students pursuing psychology degrees. In July of twenty twenty one, Biyanka's family had actually sued the Oneita County District Attorney's Officer office sorry for distribution of child pornography. So allegedly they had learned from producers but documentary on Beyanca's story that they had received footage from the District Attorney's office of Bianca's death and of her having sex, along with other contents from her personal phone, which included nude photographs of Bianca.
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 1: Beyonca was seventeen years old, which makes this distribution of child pornography. Allegedly a YouTuber was also given access to this in request response to the Freedom of Information Act. The lawsuit, however, has and it's been dismissed by courts, with the judge saying the state's open record laws could not be used to obtain child pornography from government agencies who prosecute offenders.
Speaker 2: Okay, why on earth is anything from her phone being put out there? I don't think that's actually okay, that's.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why there was this lawsuit. But there was a lot of like, there wasn't much said about this lawsuit once it was dismissed, basically the judge being like, yeah, with laws, you can't obtain that from the governing agencies, like you're stating, But there's people saying.
Speaker 2: That they did that.
Speaker 1: They did Oh man, that I'm assuming the court is saying they must have received it somewhere else. You can't prove it you got from the government.
Speaker 2: Well, of course they are. But the fact that this family is already dealing with so much shit, but they're still going about like creating scholarships and just trying to remember her in the best of ways, But then they're also having to deal with this complete bullshit. Really that should never have been leaked or put out there at all.
Speaker 1: Well, and those photos are still out there today. I saw many of the photos in my research. I am not going to tell you where how to access them because I hope that they eventually get taken down and fade away and are never out there again.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean the Internet. Once something's up there, though it kind of is up there, yep. Which is scary and disappointing and awful.
Speaker 1: It really is. And it's scary to think how just putting yourself out there like that, like like Bianc was doing and trusted, as you said, a friend, it just turned around and ended her own life.
Speaker 2: Yeah wow, And she just like just ended this beautiful soul. And who knows what she would have done with her life. I bet you she would have just done like some amazing things.
Speaker 1: I honestly imagine that she would have continued with her Instagram and continue with her education, and I have a feeling she would have taken her knowledge of psychology and started putting it out there in form of content helping people.
Speaker 2: That's which would have been so amazing to have because look at how many people need like just feel there alone or would love to have help or guidance or someone to look up to.
Speaker 1: And I think she would have been someone who would have guided a lot of people, she disappointed, she had, the audience, she had, the people watching her. Yeah, and I think, being the kind soul that she was, if she had the education which she was going to get, she would have continued to help because at the very beginning I said she was the kind of person who would offer advice or even just be someone to listen if you needed it. Yeah, So I know she would have done that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I also just can't stop thinking about the mom too. And she would have saw these photos and just like you know, would have just so hoped that they were fit ache. Yeah, but then couldn't get a hold of her daughter. I just can't even imagine that kind of feeling her mom.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm honestly torn about the idea on the suicide portion of this. I mean, of course, I don't want anyone to fucking end their own life, don't get me wrong, but sometimes people deserve things. Brandon deserves to be fucking shit on in life. I'm kind of glad he did survive so he can be fucking locked away, he can fucking rot, and he can know that the world fucking hates him. Because if he did end his life, he would have got his way and I'm glad he didn't get his way at least in that aspect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but now I just feel like he's going to be Not that I like I would wanted him to have died either, but like he's just going to be in prison causing issues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, touche.
Speaker 2: Right, he's already has a freakin toothbrush made into a knife of sorts. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a flip side to everything, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: But maybe that'll just make him be in there for longer, right, which is definitely not a bad thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So that's the story of Bianca Devins. And I'm not even going to repeat the dude's name again because I do hope we all forget them.
Speaker 2: Well, I honestly cannot fucking remember his name.
Speaker 1: Good good, don't he's a piece of shit, Yeah, the douche Canoe. We don't like him. You can fuck off.
Speaker 2: That's all we need to know, exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, thank you so much for listening to this episode. Hopefully you guys enjoyed it. I mean, it's hard to enjoy stories like this at times, but we appreciate you being here. Nonetheless, if we want to check out any of our links, they're all in the description of the podcast. We have website, Instagram, Facebook, all the social media platforms where we don't want anyone to start getting weird on us and potentially wanting to, you know, do this situation. But you can just go follow us and support us. That'd be cool.
Speaker 2: Gosh wow, Okay, I don't even know how to finish that at.
Speaker 1: All, do So. We just covered a case where a creator was attacked and we're creators. We don't want you to attack us, but you can go ahead and support us. That would be cool.
Speaker 2: That would be amazing, That would be amazing. Well done on this. I just have one follow up question. Is this like a pretty well known case?
Speaker 1: Because I have not heard Yes, this is a relatively well known case, and it's fairly recent, only the last few years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I'm like, I'm surprised that I never heard of anything in the news about it or well.
Speaker 1: The reason why this one is quite well known is because well, the murder pictures were posted online.
Speaker 2: Well, and she also had like quite a bit of a following and stuff too.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 2: So okay, well well done.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Should I say it?
Speaker 2: I don't know what do you want?
Speaker 1: To say that you're doing next weekisode. I just said it, so it's happening now.
Speaker 2: Wow, you just decided to do that just to set me up.
Speaker 1: Bank you were supposed to do this.
Speaker 2: I know, I've been shipping in the bed. I've just there's been a lot on the go.
Speaker 1: There has been, so I can't blame you. Your photography has been doing incredible and you've been stupid busy with that. So you do your thing, you still hear. I'll just keep pumping on episodes.
Speaker 2: If Nicole, the goal is for me to have it next done next week and it will most definitely probably be a two parter.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, there's a chance that I'm doing the next week's episode, but if I am, Nicole is definitely doing the following week. But she's probably doing this next.
Speaker 2: Ba Akay, you know what, Just tune in and we'll surprise you.
Speaker 1: She's doing an episode soon. Don't hold your breath on when.
Speaker 2: How's that so terrible? Anyway, thanks for being here, and either way, we'll see you next week.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And until then I was pointing at you. First you said I.
Speaker 2: Set you up to say it, and then you just stay wicked.
Speaker 1: There you go