Speaker 1: Get ready for.
Speaker 2: June twenty, twenty twenty five. What the hell? Allegedly, according to that thing we call a calendar, this indeed is the O'Kelly effect. Anyway, you listening to us here live on a Friday night, if it is indeed Friday night, a couple of minutes, let's see, about four and a half minutes after eight pm Eastern time here in this place we call America. If that's what time you heard me say this, guess what We're live on a Friday and at eight to thirteenth this time. That was last week. It's the twentieth anyway, it is what it is, It was what it was, and the War of the Two Eyes is about eight days deep now. But anyway, that's what's happening. Hopefully, what's happening tonight is whatever you decide to talk about, call in and join us, myself and my co host b Pete at three one nine nine five two seven five zero one six three one nine five two seven five zero one six, And we're going to keep that number until they forced me to change it, which maybe soon, but we'll see when my credit runs out. I can't get a straight answer as to when my Skype credit runs out, so we'll see how long that lasts. But when that's all done, then we're gonna have to do it a different way because I'm using Skype still to call in because I have a dial pad, but I have to use teams. But it's a anyway you don't need to hear all this crap. I'm also looking at possibly buying a video out uh you know platform, so we can use it to record and uh, you know everything else. So a coup with people really screwed me up, this whole Skype that existed for the past twenty years. But anyway, it is what it is. It was what it was. It's now Friday, and Bpete, how are you doing? What is on your mind? I want to know that, just like I want to know from what the listeners are thinking. How's going?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: Oh man, spin out a spin a very sauce and weet. We've uh it's been four fourth summer here, it's been mid nineties and all the humidity you can stand them for a week and I'm very much exhausted.
Speaker 2: M So humidity was present in the Carolinas this week.
Speaker 5: Also, Eh, yeah, I was getting up there quite six getting out in the yard at six thirty and trying to finish by moon because Latine is just too unbearable to be out there trying to get anything done.
Speaker 4: You're just sweating from head to tear, and it's it's miserable. And they're calling sunny no Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. They're predicting a hundred, so it could be harm to hundred three.
Speaker 2: You're kidding me.
Speaker 4: I'm serious, oh man.
Speaker 2: All right, I am not looking forward to that.
Speaker 4: We have we have gone straight into summer time to days the longest day of the year, so star sever and we're already hitting one hundred within two days.
Speaker 2: So well, yeah, in the South, it's already summertime anyhow. Because look, people in other parts of the country don't necessarily know this, but I mean, the schools let out in May. Okay, they start in August and let out in May. I don't know what that slide of a month does. But you know, in the rest of the country they end in June and they start in September. School starts in September, you know everywhere, but not in the South anyway. I don't know why, but that's the way it is, and it is exceptionally humid in this little corner of the country because the line doesn't go completely across the temperate zone, doesn't go completely across the uh you know, the latitude of no line. So Florida, Georgia, Alabama, like the that lower corner of and I'm not sure if North Carolina. I think North Carolina is just out of the reach of the like tropical or subtropical area there that that temperate zone, right, It's just just on the other side of the barrier, I think, isn't it.
Speaker 4: I were most of southern North Carolina is still getting that tropical effect or in the sola.
Speaker 2: But technically is it in that temperate zone or not, because they do have temperate zones they show you. I mean, I know, nobody bothers to you know, account for the shift in the polar h Well, the way it.
Speaker 4: Works to the south, You've got it starting what just west of Dallas, suits of cost of Louisiana, bottom part of Arkansas, through Alabama, Mississippi, or right on up through Georgia, South Carolina and southern part of North Carolina.
Speaker 2: Right and then Florida is completely swallowed by it. And that's the thing. Yeah, Okay, all right, No, I just couldn't remember. I remember that I'm in a different temperate zone, but I just couldn't remember if you joined me or you were just on the other side. And I think you're just on the other side of it, which means it's you know, relatively close. But the thing is, it's a big difference from here to a real true four seasons part of the country. And you know, if you're in California, you get everything in fact, except tropical. There's not actually a tropical section of California, but there's a pretty damn hot section towards the southern part, and even that Baha area, which you know is Mexico California depending on who you talk to, right, So, I mean it just is it's down south all the way, but also up north pretty far too, California, just the way it's shaped the state anyway, and they contain every kind of you know, every kind of what do you call that landscape possible? Right, you got a desert, you got the ocean, You've got you know, forests, you've got everything everything in California. But outside of that one weird state, most people are locked into their seasonal considerations and not in the south. Like you know, the idea that if I told you that, you know, there's almost never any snow, it would be a freakish idea to a lot of parts of the country. But the idea that it's one hundred degrees still sucks here. Although I got to tell you I heard in Arizona over this last week or so that they were like at a buck fifteen in certain parts of Arizona.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it's sure humidity level is what PC.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no humidity exactly. I used to hear old people say that, you know, like in Jersey, Well, at least the humidity is not bad. It's just dry.
Speaker 4: If you think about it, you've got all of the uh what all of the airplane gray garde aro out in the West because it's so dry. If you park those things here with the humidity rouf out that not only would start rusting, but they would accelerate and fall pieces. Oh, park something out there, it's so dry, it'll last forever.
Speaker 2: It used to crack me up. People coming from like, you know, the middle of the country and they would go and live in Jersey and then freak out because they brought their you know, their boats that they thought, you know, oh look, I have a boat and I have it on my little river in Missouri or whatever, and I'm going to bring it with me to Jersey because we're moving there. They moved to and their boat falls apart inside of like eighteen months, and they go, why what happened? I don't understand. Why does Jersey rot stuff? And I'm like, you're near the ocean, salt water, it's different. You know, you got to paint everything differently here than what you would in Missouri. Okay, it doesn't work the same way. This is not you know, this isn't even one of the Dakota's pal This is not the same area you live in. And I understand that there's that kind of intensity. You got to deal with that in Florida and stuff. And I mean, we see differences in the way people build their houses and everything. I mean, I told you, I'm amazed at how flimsy house construction is in the South. Like there are buildings that are you know, venerable decent structures allegedly here that like I would get run out of a town if I tried to build one of those in Jersey. They'd freak out because they'd fall down after a little while because stuff would rot, the nails are probably would turn the liquid in Jersey, you know what I mean. It's weird. But anyway, I didn't want to get into a discussion about this. I was wondering what else was on your mind. But since you started with the weather, what the hell? It is hot in some parts of the world just this week, you.
Speaker 4: Know, starting somewhere out like this kind of sucks because we've still got the worst parts of the summer late August and September to goo through, and that's when it really gets unvailable.
Speaker 2: Well, August is brutality. August is exactly when all your air conditioners and stuff break here in the South. I noticed, right, is it? Is it not true that every time you lose an air conditioner in the South, it's pretty much if it breaks down, it's like August, right, Yeah, mind.
Speaker 4: Folke down what two summers ago on the hottest day of the year.
Speaker 2: In August, right, Yeah, of course.
Speaker 4: It went out and luckily but they're able to get take the very next morning. So it was one night with a fan on. Honestly, but you know, and it's one hundred percent you do it's a fan that didn't even do anything. Yeah, I mean, I almost want to all outside your freezer.
Speaker 2: Like people here can't imagine that a homeless person could freeze to death, Like they have no concept to that, Like, how can a homeless person freeze to dead? Trust me, it happens up in the Northeast all the time. People end up rock solid because out there exposed if you're in zero degrees you know, obviously fahrenheit, but still zero degrees fahrenheit sucks on a human body. You can't really do well with that. You got to find a heat source otherwise you might die. If you have any weakness whatsoever, you're gonna end up like, you know, a side of beef. I mean, it's just what happens. This is why homeless guys used to sleep on the subway grates in New York because hot air would come up, and some of them would end up in the hospital because you'd end up getting burned because of the bursts of hot. Air would sometimes be too hot and they would literally get burned laying on the grates trying to stay warm in the middle of the night when it's coldest. But nobody can even imagine that here in the South and in California, you know, the homeless problem is bad. Yeah, yeah, but living on the street in California, at least the weather isn't going to kill you. I don't know. Here though, you can actually cook the death, so I don't know. You know, it was six and one half dozen in the other right, anyway, anything else on your mind besides the weather. I see Jimmy James as called in and I'm hoping some other people do it. Three one nine five two seven five zero one six. I didn't get out an X post, by the way. I tried to, but I don't know. My browser was giving me trouble. I should have shot you a message, but I forgot and did my pre show. Sorry.
Speaker 4: I was just the seven slipping at a few items here. One that apparently the last living survivor of World War One passed away and they don't have an age for him, but he is lying in state in the UH Cathedral part of the Arlington Cemetery. I wouldn't think we've every World War One survivors left until this was the last war.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say that myself. I didn't know that it was a thing even if possible do.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to stay back and get the nice guy's name was Buckles. I can't find the bird story now I had just a second ago and we stay back.
Speaker 2: That's pretty extreme because you're talking about, you know, when did World War end? Nineteen nineteen, so I mean you're talking about one hundred and six years ago. How old was the guy during World War one? Five?
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 2: Or how old? I mean, was he one of the oldest human beings on earth already? I don't know. I mean, that's pretty old.
Speaker 4: So all X is not cooperating, so let me do it.
Speaker 2: N okay, So it's not just okay, it's not just me because I had trouble with X trying to just go on it all right. Anyway, Another thing I was going to run by you while you're doing your search is I was wondering if your man, you know, because your girl's getting dissed a bit, you know, in the Trump administration right now, and because you know, Tulsi pretty much got told, hey, look, you can give me my opinion when I tell you to give me my opinion, because she said in public, you know, Iran's not ready to have a nuke and Trump has now blatantly said, yeah, she's wrong, she's my health.
Speaker 4: Those problem, well, that's one of the problems with our national security rapparatus is their food and everybody. I've heard several people, several talk so hosts and things like that, and make that declaritory statement that Iran is not ready for a loop and I'm sitting there thinking they've already gotten it. What the all you're talking about?
Speaker 2: Well, Iran, I don't know if they have actual weapons yet. Yeah, I don't know. I've never seen them. Okay, I'm just saying objectively, I don't know that of the proof. But here's the thing. If you have a head of national security, you would assume that she has access to the best intelligence reports, all the satellites, and Joey has.
Speaker 4: What they give them, Jarry has what they give her. To relying on all these agencies to pass in all this sformation is the bullshit tab the completely clue hoss.
Speaker 2: But if you're the DNI, don't you have the option to utilize some of these things like look at satellite damn self. You know, put your own people in there that you do trust to know and say, look, you're my team and you guys go collect the proper information for me.
Speaker 4: I mean, no, no, no, you gotta realize you still write a bunch of old school asshots in all these agencies that haven't been cleaned out yet, and that's what she's having to rely on. I mean, I don't worry that Trump says there and says he's wrong, because I don't agree with her saying that. I think I think Iran's happy better be to put a moose in the weather. It's just a matter of where and where they're going to do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, But here's the thing about that, just counter question, and it is an objective question. How does Trump know he's getting the right information? Exactly considering the same problem.
Speaker 4: They didn't pulling this crop on Trump since you've still got h never Trumper's in the government and they're gonna do what they can just to play a band uh point in the in the in the Yorks. Here ago last known the last living veteran of warped now, So.
Speaker 2: You don't think for a moment, you don't think for a moment it could be his ego overriding anything else he's being told, because I mean, that's a possibility with this guy as well. He thinks he knows best.
Speaker 4: Oh, if that's with everything, all right? Tin Tulsi came out and gave based on the information given to her by the's aass hats that. Oh well, I don't think I ran ready for a nucular bomb. That's bullshit. They've got the material, They've got the physical material, they've got the payloads. It's a matter of putting it all together and being able to get away with launching. I think they've got everything that they need this. You know, how did they go from oh, they'll tell you as a away from a bomb to having physical material at sixty percent just in the past year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Third we're working all this stuff the whole time.
Speaker 2: So third option, the nuance is missed here between the two. Is Iran ready to launch a nuke right now? No? But how close are they to it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: It's this third option. I'm positive this as a possibility. So third option, Are they ready to launch one today?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: But could they be ready in short amount of time if they wanted to? Because they have been gradually walking toward it? And is that a nuance in a difference? How long might that take for them to get it? Done. Maybe she thinks it's a year or two away based on the information she has, and maybe that nuance is the thing that Trump misses. He's being told Nope, they can quickly do it, and to him, quickly is tomorrow, you know, And he's saying, you know what I'm saying. So it could be a miscommunication of nuance.
Speaker 6: And couldn't you know, we'll Trump you'll ever know because you know that it's at any given time, his ego could be telling him what to say and nothing else matters.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you know the fact that he says that Tulfy's wrong, Yeah, I agree with him. She's all on this.
Speaker 2: But I did find it. I did find it hilarious though that Ted Cruz, you know, knows nothing about Iran but that he wants to vomit. That's all he knows.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know a lot about it, but I wouldn't mind taking him out. We should have been a bucket buster two weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing, though, you're you're, you're you're not in the Congress. You figure these guys who are making decisions might want to be read into the situation. I just thought it was funny the Tucker Carlson of all people, who is usually poorly informed, actually nailed Ted Cruz like at every turn, like you do you know the population? Do you know where things are? Do you know anything about herund at all? And Cruise looked at him like you, I don't believe you just did this, you son of her. I don't believe you're doing this to me. It's like you're supposed to.
Speaker 4: Well, Tuffer's not working for Fox, said and more so, you know, he's got to blaze his own trail. I'm kind of well, I'm not surprised. I'm at his sign coming off his star, both of them and came to southerns I mean, they've just they created a little bitch for themselves over them this little corner of the world, and let them.
Speaker 3: Have at it.
Speaker 4: As far as I'm concerned, are both for us ship?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well look, and I'll tell you this, it's a better look than that pathetic move that o'reiley's pulling. He's he's really trying very very hard to make himself and ready for this meat head Cuomo over there, Chris into the New Hannity and Combs. Except when they do live performances, he grabs Stephen A. Smith and brings him along for you know, sports and the cover racism as well.
Speaker 4: So I don't understand how dell O'Reilly got back in the good graces of everybody. I mean, when he got Fox, it was over some pretty savy crap. Yeah, but he's in suddenly, but he's not. He's everybody's best friend, but he's.
Speaker 2: Not back in the good great Look what they did is give him his corner and say here you go. Somebody funded all that, and now he's got a podcast and he exists, and they put him onto the Christian News Network, which is you know, primarily what News Nation is.
Speaker 3: Uh. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But for the past three years he's been featured on Glenn Black, he's been Yeah, he's on Trail and Bark, Yeah, all the conservative shows. I mean years he's been. He's been making a lot of appearances for people, and he's still putting out his crappy books.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I just don't see how litt O'Reilly is even relevant anymore.
Speaker 2: Because that's one of those Look, we don't really want to get rid of you, but we're going to get ready, so we're going to give you a nice plumb So you have, you know, a way to make a living, and you've still got you know, your corner of the universe. And don't worry, you'll still be supported by all the conservative media. And now set your own schedule work from home.
Speaker 4: All right? Update on the World War one day. Come to find out whatever was on X is bullshit because this guy died back in twenty eleven. He was one hundred and eight years old.
Speaker 2: Jeez, That's what I was saying, is how old could this guy be? One hundred and twenty? I mean, what is he? Ten years old? In World War One?
Speaker 4: He died February twenty seven, twenty eleven.
Speaker 2: Even so, even so, it's amazing, well even so, it's true. But still he's not alive in twenty twenty five. If he is, I'm afraid you know.
Speaker 4: So he was discharged in nineteen nineteen, but it took him a year to get home from Europe.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough, But that means he's born in like nineteen hundred, you know what I'm saying right about there.
Speaker 4: So let's see how old he was when he signed up. He was born in nineteen oh.
Speaker 2: One, nineteen oh one, Sorry, my mistake.
Speaker 4: He attempted to the list in the war. Just few months after the United States to Cobda in Germany. He was rejected by the Marine corn the Navy for physical issues. Well, of course the Army would take him, take anybody.
Speaker 2: Weird because at the time of the Vietnam War, I was told it was the Air Force was to take anybody group.
Speaker 4: But well that's well, yeah, the Air Force. We'll see, that's the Air Force. Kind of garner the rich taste about gun at the Vietnam War. They were, in fact in the Army. If you got call with your hands in your pockets, the keys, they have it on your Air Force gloves.
Speaker 2: Nice you got dropped for that one.
Speaker 4: Yes, he Let's see, he was sixteen years old. He led about his age, went to the army, and I filt in England and France, and then driving room to the Allied troops and the Amblances, and ten years end in nineteen eighteen.
Speaker 2: There you go. My father lied about his age, tried to enlist early too, and.
Speaker 4: My dad too.
Speaker 2: I don't know what. I don't know anyway, we'll leave that at that. I got callers, So you ready to get to them or is there anything else you want to hit before we go to the callers, I spent.
Speaker 4: Another week of people, you know, screwed around and find them out. It seems like it's been a two weak, steady thing here, people just stepping on their own dick rep and right.
Speaker 2: I do find it miraculous that Putin is out there talking about how were we might be slipping toward World War three here Israel and Iran, and I wonder if he thinks that he might be a factor in that or no at all, or you know not allo.
Speaker 4: I've read so things were put kind of left. I ran out to hanging say, Rek, if you need to get the hell out of Dodge, you can come to Moscow. But other than that, when I get involved.
Speaker 2: Well he's let yeah, he's definitely let them hang out there to dry, because they have all kinds of agreements with them, and you know, they're not tight, like like the NATO agreement. You know, if one has attacked, aller attack, but still they have a mutual defense packed and Iran gave him drones and stuff like that just recently for the Ukraine war.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's been going on. That's something's gonna going on hot and heavy between Sin and Russia and yeah, situation and they're all that. I think China's putting them out Iran and is putting some of their soft work on it and uh yeah, just shipping them back and forth.
Speaker 2: But that but that's part of that access of resistance, U coalition or whatever. And yet, you know, you'd think Russia needs to step up, unless it is really true that he's way too busy and way too bogged down in Ukraine, which would be a bad look for him and he wouldn't want to admit it. But anyway, I don't know. It is what it is. Let's get to the callers and see if they got something else to bring to the table or if they want to tail on any of this madness that is. And we'll start with Jimmy James. So, Jimmy, what's on your mind this week?
Speaker 4: What's that frood?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 8: Well, just to put some little contexts.
Speaker 1: What's her face, Scabby?
Speaker 7: What's her name?
Speaker 4: Tulsey Gabbart?
Speaker 2: Tulsy Gabbard? You mean, yeah, okay, I didn't. I didn't know who you meant by Gabby. I was gonna say I thought I had a couple of thoughts on Gabin but okay, Tulsy Gabbard.
Speaker 1: Huh, those quotes were from March, and yeah, no one in America knew what I progress Iran.
Speaker 7: Had made, but Israel did because they had some people in place.
Speaker 3: And I have the video you can look on.
Speaker 7: Just look at your Google machine. They have the missile hitting literally the missile that they were screwing on a nuclear ward that videos out there. So yes, they.
Speaker 4: Were literally.
Speaker 3: There was Israel had.
Speaker 7: No choice but to a attack Charls. They would have had a new no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, And I need that.
Speaker 3: I knew that.
Speaker 7: Search of Bucklestag twenty eleven. You must have seen like this day in history thing.
Speaker 4: It was a post on X And I've come across several of them in the past week where they I mean, you look at when it was posted to go and look at the information they've got, and they make it sound like it's something new. Come to find out it's six seven years old, this space fourteen years old.
Speaker 2: Right, And speaking of things that are outdated or old or whatever. Just to clarify, here's the thing about Gabbard though, Yeah, she made those original statements in March, but then she made statements on June in June this year, just days ago on X about Iran not having a new get as well.
Speaker 9: So I don't understand why she would make a comment like that when common knowledge is there, you know, like Jenny said, the system matter of going down and breaking out the warhead and screaming on the missile when they've had this, they've had it for some time.
Speaker 2: Again, I'm not claiming I have knowledge on it. I'm just saying this is, you know, this is when she made these statements. And I'm thinking, if she's the head of national Intelligence, she should have access to the best information. But if not, hey, then not What can I tell you.
Speaker 4: But if the mercy of the people giving you the information, and Sue is probably disliked more than Trump, do you.
Speaker 2: Think she's disliked more than Trump? Wow?
Speaker 4: Yeah? One, she's a woman, Okay. And you're looking at all these asshats that have had these I mean, look at the type of people we've had in these positions Brennan Clopper Ray, all of these asshots over the years. I mean, you've still got people like that heading up these different agencies. They're not going to HATERR to have the answer to their woman. Let an old woman that a year ago was a Democrat.
Speaker 2: Ray's weird because Ray was Crumps guy originally. But Jimmy, what what says you about that?
Speaker 7: Well? Uh, Trump has already sent numerous times that he scrows her out of these discussions due to her beliefs. She isn't allowed to look at that intelligence or participate in it because they simply disagree on this issue and she has unusual ties to the country of Gutter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he just got a plane from Gutter, didn't. I mean, you know, I'm just saying, just throwing it down.
Speaker 3: Now, let's crack this.
Speaker 7: That was a gift to the people, to the government of the United States. It wasn't a gift to Trump personally.
Speaker 2: Not only he's going to be able to take with him to his presidential library when he leaves office. But okay, as you wish. So that's where Gabbard's AT's So she's left out of the discussion when it comes to Iran and her unusual ties to the Middle East. So the Director of National Intelligence is all good if we're dealing with something other than the Middle East. According to Trump, is that is that the way we're supposed to interpret that.
Speaker 3: I'll let Trump, you tell me, he'll take her.
Speaker 7: He'll take her opinions, just like you will the rest of his cabinet. That at the end of the day, to quote George Bush, he's the decider.
Speaker 2: He's the decider. Okay, fair enough, Oh boy, anyway, Jimmy, anything else you want to add in here?
Speaker 7: Yeah, So I want to complain about this dog I found.
Speaker 2: Uh, oh, what's wrong with the dog? I thought, wait a minute, didn't you have a brindle dog and all that and a cat? What what do you mean that's the matter?
Speaker 3: Wow, I found a dog.
Speaker 2: You found another dog.
Speaker 3: There's a tretial rain.
Speaker 1: My dog kept barking at something like an hour.
Speaker 3: And then finally, when the ring died down, I looked out and there's this crazy white people out there.
Speaker 7: To Harness, just staring in as like okay, So I went out. She was a little timid. I went and got some dog biscuits, and then she came to me, and then oh, she looked like less than six months old, wearing a pink and purple Harness vest. Feel and I went to the three most likely places. I'm pretty sure the old people that she belongs to didn't answer their door, even though they got ten damn cars in the driveway.
Speaker 2: Okay, then I went to the bars, and then.
Speaker 3: I went to the store.
Speaker 7: Well anyways, finally she had to go to doggy jail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you really tried.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It's funny because we had a mama dog here across the street in my neighborhood, and her name was Oreo, and the people that owned her never let her inside and never put her on a leash or nothing. They just let her roam in the front yard. She had two puppies somehow, only two, and then she got hit by a car. So now those two puppies are wandering around and those people moved away. These two pupps are just like hanging out and getting involved in other little doggie groups all throughout the neighborhood, except my little doggy group because mine are too small for that. She was a bigger dog. But now there's a one black and one white dog from this black and white dog named Oreo that is now dead because she got hit by a car. Mama doggie died, the puppies lived, and here we go. Now they are the wandering dogs of the neighborhood. I hate that I won't send them. I won't send them to the poet, but.
Speaker 1: I don't Dori some actives because it's not a kill show the thing.
Speaker 7: And I'm pretty sure the dummies that our neglect pull will pick her up really okay, And yeah yeah and she I mean I said sit.
Speaker 3: She would sit. She obviously she was a good dog.
Speaker 2: I just I'm not I'm not the pound, I got you, no, And look she was so she was partially domesticated. That's all cool and everything, Jimmy and I. I really appreciate that, and I'm glad that you are, you know, that kind of guy. But uh, but too many people aren't. And I hate people that leave their dogs out there. I would not have faith in anybody picking up a dog from a shelter, kill shelter or not, uh anywhere, because the people where I live are ridiculous. They just I don't know, they just have They do not have the same sense of like the responsibility to an animal that that like we do at my house. You know, it's a whole other mentality going on. And somehow, and that's this how you end up with these packs of dogs in certain neighborhoods. Because a bunch of them get together after a while and collect, you know, collect like a pack. Anyway, Hang on, Jimmy, maybe we'll talk more about the dog packs in the next hour. But well, wait before I before I put you on hold, though, what was your complaint about the dog? Outside of uh you had trouble finding where it belongs? What was your complaint you said, I want to complain about this dog I found.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, my complaint is that no on answers, they're bleeping doors and it pisses me.
Speaker 2: All. Oh, so your complaints not with the dog, your complaints with people? Absolutely, Okay, fair enough, because it's not the dog's fault. Anyway, Hang on, Jimmy, and I think we got Danny in California. But I agree you can complain about people easily and all day to me and I'll probably agree. But dogs, it's usually not their fault whatever situation they're in. And I feel bad for pit bulls, but also my dogs are too small to be around pit bulls. Anyways, Danny, that's.
Speaker 3: You right, Yes it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What's on what's on your mind this week? Danny?
Speaker 3: Well, I kind of feel like I'm like you remember the movie Rosemary's baby when it was kind of like she was in a delusional drug state, and all of a sudden, a lot of weird stuff's going on, and it goes, oh, this is real, Oh with the real Yeah.
Speaker 2: With the real uh with with with the real crazy like muted trumpet and all that crap that they were doing. Yeah, that was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid, and I couldn't explain why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if it was one of my favorite movies, but I just remember that that that just what I remember I saw a long time ago that oh, this is real. But I mean I've gotten advised after the you know, you have the whole No King's you know, rallies, which was pretty peaceful, and all of sudden you start getting the vibes, you know with w M.
Speaker 4: D's.
Speaker 3: Uh that little gal that came you know, said they were throwing the you know, the first goal for throwing the.
Speaker 2: Babies out of the incubators. Yeah, you know, look I'm getting I'm getting the same kind of deja boo as you, Danny. But look off topic question real quick, did you ever see before we get into the dejah bou some more? Did you ever see the follow up to Rosemary's Baby. There was actually a part too, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I never okay, I never saw the part too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead, what were you gonna say?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I read I read a couple of books from Ira Levins that wrote Rosemary's Baby. There was like The Boys from Brazil, and yes there's another one. I'm trying to think it was another book and it didn't. The title escapes me. But yeah, no, I never did know.
Speaker 2: The author of Rosemary's Baby was a wild writer, for sure, but no, the follow up was called Whatever Happened to Rosemary's Baby? So at some point, yeah, well remember at the end of the movie, right, she's like screaming in the back of the bus and somebody else is holding the baby and they're taking her away, right yeah, and that's the end of the movie. Well the you know, spoiler for anybody who hasn't seen it. But anyway, the thing is years later now Rosemary's Baby is all grown up. So he's like nineteen sixties or seventies, you know, hip guy and all that, and they're trying to convince him to you know, take his place as the true Antichrist and all that, and it is it is equally bizarre. But the strange thing is I think it was made for TV, believe it or not. I got to look this up because I remember seeing it, and I think I'm the only human being that I know that's ever seen whatever happened to Rosemary's Baby, Because anytime I ask anybody, they've never seen it. Even if they've seen the original know it well, even if they love it, they've never seen the follow up. I bet you JG. Michael has seen it because he's, you know, an obscure film guy. But outside of that, I don't know anybody who's ever seen it. So maybe I should look it up now. But go ahead and tell us about the deja bou you're experiencing, because I'm with you. But but I'm going to keep my comments to myself because this show is more about you guys commenting and not me.
Speaker 3: Oh that's fine. I mean, I'm just saying, you know, the the you know, we have to you know, you know, Israel attack them. They're saying that you know, they're taking going to take off the head, the head of their state. Good luck. I mean, Iran's a hundred million people, and just go back to when they assassinate Sulimante. Just go look at the funeral. You think those folks are gonna are going to tolerate it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I mean I heard some knuckleheads, well we can, we can just kind of bomb our way and get rid of them. There'll be a regime change. When have you heard that before we dropped, we dropped in North Korea? Uh a bomb for every single human being that was in North Korea dropped, also used napalm. And guess what, the third generation the Kin family is still in state. I mean, this is this is, this is where the deja view come. It doesn't work. You can't bomb your way into a military victory, and why should we? I mean, those are those are people. I mean some of this endless war cycle just continues.
Speaker 2: Charlie, you don't know if Yeah. Charlie Kirk, who is a guy who do not often agree with, was saying online, Uh, you know, hey, I just want to make you guys remember that even the Romans did not do well against the Persians, you know, and I went, hmmm, that's something to remember. But also the Romans kind of hit a brick wall when it came to you know, the people of that land that's supposed to be Israel too, So you know, it is a thing. I all I got to say is I think that Americans have a distinct lack of understanding for the ancient world, and I don't think they have any idea what they're going up against really quick. The second part of Rosemary's Baby Story is a made for television movie titled Look What's Happened to Rosemary's Baby See I had the title wrong? Also known as Rosemary's Baby Part Too. It was released in nineteen seventy six as an ABC Friday Night movie.
Speaker 3: Can you believe that? I? You know, it was I don't remember that at all, And I was I was like, I think a freshman in the eighty six was a freshman in high school or graduated in eighth grade.
Speaker 4: Or something like that.
Speaker 2: No, seventy six, Danny seventy six, they released it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would have been in eighth grade. If it was a spring in the fall, I would have been a freshman in high school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I think I was, you know what, I was four years old and saw this on television. I'm pretty sure, Oh really yeah, because now I'm thinking about it. And then and then I saw it years later, like like when I was like nine or eight or nine, and it was rerun on like one of the independent channels, because you know, like Channel eleven in New York. They reran it, and I was like, yeah, I remember seeing this movie before, but I had never seen the end of it. And then finally I got to see the end of it, like when I was eight or nine years old, which it's not a great movie. There's a weird thing going on with like a black pickup truck with an inverted cross dangling from the rearview mirror, chasing around after people. There's all kinds of weird stuff going on.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, yeah, there's yeah. You know, we didn't have a lot of TV. We didn't even have a cable band. I remember the first time I ever saw HBO's I was dating my wife. I think it was like seventy nine or maybe it was nineteen eighty and and I hung out with her and it was they had h Bill and it was one channel, and.
Speaker 2: I was yeah.
Speaker 3: And usually when you when they had a movie like with Rose Connected Rosemary's Baby, you think there'd be some hype. I don't even remember. I don't even remember hearing about that.
Speaker 2: Well, no, but this was done in nineteen seventy six on broadcast TV, is my point. You know, so this wasn't even kbly.
Speaker 3: This is like usually a movie like that, there would be like a Friday night movie or a Sunday night movie. There'd be like a build up, they'd be commercials all over all the place.
Speaker 2: Nineteen. Yeah, nineteen seventy six was a weird year because remember that was the bi centennial and all that, you know, I mean, there.
Speaker 3: Was a lot of things going on, right Yeah, Gerald Ford was the president and SNL Chevy Chase was having a great time with it, right Yeah. In fact, that.
Speaker 2: My daughter there you go to earb Pete got his driver's license.
Speaker 3: Wow, I was seventy eight for me, b Pete. Star Wars was the was the I remember getting my license and then going with my brother and my mother we went to because see Star Wars waited in line. That was that was in seventy eight, I believe. So, yeah, seventy six.
Speaker 2: They also part of it. I'm sorry really quickly. Part of a write up here says just because you brought up the book, uh, the movie has limited connection to the Ira Levins novel son of Rosemary, although both stories feature a character named Andrew or Andy, which becomes Adrian and all that because Adrian is the name of the baby, and in fact, the plot of the movie picks up with an eight year old Adrian, who has been adopted after Rosemary goes into hiding. The story then jumps twenty years, showing Adrian as a young man struggling with nightmares and violent urges, ultimately manipulated by the coven to fulfill their demonic plans. It was. It was panned by critics like brutally, you know, but anyway, but it exists. I'm just saying it exists.
Speaker 3: But yeah, there's two books I remember. I remember reading The Boys from Brazil and then I think the movie was called either Slibber or Sober. It was, it was. It was kind of strange book by I is that the one with the surveillance.
Speaker 2: Is that the one with the crazy surveillance where the guys, Yeah, yeah, I know that one.
Speaker 3: I know they have. Yeah, But other than that, those are the two books I read by Ira.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because this guy like has an apartment building or an apartment complex, I can't remember, and he's got like cameras in every apartment. He's watching everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's the book. Yeah, it's kind of it's kind of dystopian from today, because you know, I think about it now. I'm being surveiled all the time. I mean, whether I got my phone, surveill on me, my smart TV, at my work, there's cameras all over there. In my truck, pive got a camera. But we have a big old thing with dry canon and they catch you on everything.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: And you know, I can remember especially became very public after nine to eleven. I was in downtown San Francisco to a neglibum. Obama came into the city to do like some fundraiser, and they had I mean they had blocks cut off and the Secret Service. But I noticed that I looked up at every place in San Francisco. Now there's cameras everywhere. I mean, I don't know how you can't hide anything. There's enough.
Speaker 4: That reminds me of a story I just read today. The Washington State Police are now using phone data to bust people for speeding, Yeah, and for texting while riding with their support. I guess their superior their phone companies for records yep of drivers yep. And uh so, now your phone if you're in Washington State, cut your phone off while you're driving somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, bad news VP, because it's not just in Washington State. If you if you've been reading articles over the past decade or so periodically, some you know, policing agencies somewhere everywhere seems to be uh is doing this is you know, getting phone data and using it against people all over the country, actually all over the It's not just in Washington. I'm just telling you it is. It's part of the you know, the voluntary surveillance grid, which is amazing because you know, people don't even consider it a thing. And I'll tell you something. Kids that were born like I got, you know, a daughter in her mid twenties, it's not even odd to her that there's a camera everywhere, like you know, post nine to eleven reality. It's just it's not out at all. Every story you go into you're being surveilled. Okay, fine, but street corners, your house, your neighbors have you know, cameras on their house, which you know, in some ways they're capturing part of you. I mean, and there's a couple of services. By the way, that, you know, just an idiot like me could turn around and for a small fee get access to tons of these cloud systems where cameras exist either locally or wherever the hell I want, and I can access full on grids of all sorts of mixes of security cabs, personal cams, you know, cameras that people forgot about that are running, I mean just all over the place. If there's an active camera, it can be accessed. I'm just telling you so you know, privacy believe it's an illusion. It's an illusion and a lie you tell yourself because you don't have it anymore. It's gone, and it's been done incrementally, you know, for your safety. So you know, enjoy. What can I tell you? I will never forget. I'll tell you something I'll never forget. One of the first documentaries I ever watched on HBO because you know, HBO was too damn expensive, like when I was a kid. But at a certain point, like even you know, the cable company would run a special so you know my mother would get a cable finally, so she did, and when she did, she got HBO as part of a package. I don't know, they charged like thirty dollars a month. You know, it was great, but anyway, I mean thirty dollars a month, not for HBO, but I mean for everything. So we get the HBO in there, and I'm watching this documentary and they were complaining about how, you know, people have cam quarters and eventually there's going to be cameras everywhere, and the threat of Big Brother as described in nineteen eighty four is actually turned on its head because we are not being watched by Big Brother. We become Big Brother, and that's what the future looks like. And they were saying that in like nineteen eighty, I don't know, eighty one, eighty two, eighty three, eighty four, somewhere in there. In the in the early eighties, they were telling us, look, you see this technology coming. What it means is you're now going to be Big Brother. Have fun. And I thought, well, what is this hyperbolic kind of statement? Is this one of those you know, shock documentaries try and get people thinking and another one of those things nobody ever saw that can never tell me, Oh, I never saw that. Nobody ever saw it, but I did, and it stuck with me. And you know what, they were dead right. Anyways, starting with this in the mid eighties, the early eighties, early eighties. You know that I have a strange experience that still sits with me.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm still an analog guy and technology has passed me by. But I worked small for about a year for a retail electronic sales company, and I can remember this guy came in and I taking computers. Seemed like they were like he could play games on them, or they were a pretty good like accounting tool to like, you know, learn invoices and accounting, you know, in shot. But we had no Internet. I didn't even have the concept of the Information super Highway. And I remember this guy coming in. It was almost like he was out of it, stepped out of the future, like almost time travel. And he went on and on about the cell phone and I didn't even have an idea. There was no cell phones out and how he told me it was going to change the world, and I mean just he was geeking out and I was just listening to him. And when he left, I I remember telling myself to this day, I like, how the hell can a phone change the world? I didn't have a clue. If I would have known then, it was like, you know, come in back to the future. Given me like that that all sports, Senate, this is where you need to invest. You know, it's like and it did. It has changed the world. Now he's your stock. Used to hear about US steel or GM, now it's about motorole, Sam Suck. I mean it has changed the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, absolutely. Look, I remember just vaguely when it was like very rich guys had these mobile phones. They called them mobile phones, right or and and some people had their car phones, big ass you know thing and if you could carry it. I carried it in a whole briefcase. It took up and it probably irradiated you to death. But the thing is, you know, it costs you twenty dollars to say hello to somebody because you paid you know, by the second or whatever. But I mean really only mob guys and like the super rich could afford them. But but they're where are a couple of people back then saying you know, this is going to change everything? And honestly, it was like, so what, it's a phone, it's mobile now, so what yeah, you know, I know, I know, even up into the late nineties, I kind of looked at the phones like because I had a cell phone in nineteen ninety nine. Yeah, nineteen ninety nine is when I got my first like cell phones. I got two of them because I got one from my job because they wanted twenty four hours to be able to get me. And uh and I got one personally because I had a baby on the way and you know, my baby mama lived elsewhere, so I needed to be able to be contacted, so I would jump on a train and get to Earth quick because I could.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: But yeah, and that phone I got rid of it. I had a sprint phone that I was like putting one hundred dollars on at a time just to keep it running. And uh yeah, but my boss paid for the other cell phone that was you know, supposed to be only for work purposes. But you know, yeah, and and and it was weird. It was almost like it was still a status symbol in nineteen ninety nine. To people, it's like, oh, you must have you have a cell phone? Like, no, well, my job gave it to me, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't know if anybody here is a big fan of X Files. It's one of my favorite TV shows. I'll stop and watch, you know, reruns constantly and if you watch that show, I think it's not until season three or four they start using the cell phone, because that became really popular. You know, you were always Stoler and Moly were always on that cell phone. It was that was when it was kind of becoming a fad. But that was in the nineties. I don't think I got a phone. It was. It was a Sprint next tail. It was almost like a walkie hockey cell phone and the only and I didn't even want the phone. The only reason I got the phone was is my wife talked me into it was because I need to get a hold of you, and the kids need to get a hold of it. And sure enough to to this day, my kids still got to get a hold of me, you know, especially if my two daughters they want something fixed, you'll call me. And I always ask them, hey, why don't you ask your husband? And they say almost to go, Dad, are you serious? They don't have to fix anything, but they can do computers. I can't do the computer stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well see, I'm at a weird other crossroads with that. But I don't I don't have a self. As a matter of fact, people look at me like I'm from another planet. All the time, like, you don't have a phone. You don't have a phone. No, I don't. I don't have a cell phone. No, missus O has a cell phone. I do not, Okay, and I don't. I don't. I don't get another line for yourself. I don't want it. I really don't want a cell phone, as strange as that sounds. So I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm a weirdo for you.
Speaker 3: You're statured for you. I'm almost now thinking, after all these years, somebody's still analog. I'm now even at times I saw myself almost addicted to my sense. Told me, now, they psychologically got these algorithms. They're gonna get your endorphins, and they're gonna get you hooked on it. He stays offul all social media.
Speaker 2: Yea, they no, they they've designed it. They've designed all this stuff to be an addiction machine, basically. I mean, that's the way it is. Well, yeah, and I had a cell phone in I had a cell phone in what twenty seventeen. I had a cell phone when I went to when I went to Lancer, but I had gotten it specifically because I was going to be out of state, and you know, the only person I knew was bepete with me. And you know, imagine this if we had gotten into an accident. Basically, it was like for emergency in case if we had gotten into an accident or we got separated or something, you know what I mean, Like I have a way to communicate with people. Otherwise what am I going to do? It's not like I can use a payphone or you know, in the old days, I used to know numbers. I could jump on a payphone anywhere. If I had enough change, I'd call anybody, you know what I mean. Those days.
Speaker 3: I see a payphone every now and then I'm like, I got to take a double take. But yeah, yeah, even in.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, even in Broke Gass, Georgia, I don't see payphones anywhere nowhere. I mean I see the you know, I see the shells of the payphone still up on the walls here and there, but there's no phones in them, you know. But yeah, those days are gone. And and that's the funny thing too. Again. When I was a kid, payphones were everywhere. There were phone booths occasionally, you know that thing that Superman used to change in Those things existed, folks. Sorry, Danny, go ahead.
Speaker 3: No worries. I had some friends they just took a week trip out to Texas and and they went from Houston. They're based. They flew out of Dallas, but they based in Boston. They went to Houston. They're big baseball fans, so they went to the Asterisk game. They went to Arlington the Rangers. But then they mentioned, hey, and I just got off work. They were kind we were watching their dog for him, and they go, yeah, we went to Daley Plaz and the guy got so I started nerding out on it and nice. And then my friend, she's a she's a principal and he's a retired teacher, and she goes, yeah, stand there. She goes, why didn't if they did a shot of the six floor, why didn't they just shoot him when he you know, this kind of made that turn right into Daley Plaz. There's a straight shot. Does that make sense? And I'm just kind of act when I go that kind of Has that ever been talked about, like why didn't they if there was an assassin, didn't shoot from there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? By me, I've talked about it many times. It would have made more sense to shoot him on main because then you could have had, you know, the Elm Street. If they turned on Elm Street, you could have poked the gun out the window and taken another shot at the car. Then, because he already had him trapped on Maine, they couldn't have turned anywhere except made the right because there was no way to go. So I've always said that, And there is a window facing that direction, if you believe the Oswald perch. So yeah, no, I've always had that question. Matter of fact, if you look at my uh, if you look at my o'celly on the Grassy Knoll short film, you'll see that that text question is there, why it isn't this isn't this a good shot right from this window? When I'm looking, I'm showing you the FBI reenactment of the sixth Floor, and they they point the camera out that window and show you that street, and my text question on the screen is isn't this a better shot out this window? But anyway, that's just me tell you what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna take a little break here. I see Jimmy James is back on the line, and I'm hoping some more people will join in. But if not, I'll get back around to you, Danny. We'll get back around to Jimmy James, and also hear more from BP soon.
Speaker 10: BB.
Speaker 2: What do you think take a little break? Sure, all right, let's just do that for now, and it will be a short break because I didn't organize my breaks very well and I know we have.
Speaker 11: Do you like history, real history that you were never taught in schools? Why the Vietnam War, Nuclear Bombs and nation Building in Southeast Asia by author Mike Swanson, with new documentation never seen before that'll open your eyes to events that led up to this. Why the Vietnam War, Nuclear Bombs and Nation Building in Southeast Asia nineteen forty five through nineteen sixty one. Get your copy today at Amazon dot com. Why the Vietnam War by author Mike Swanson.
Speaker 10: In Denial the Secret Wars with Air Strikes and Tanks by Larry Hancock. Secret wars became a staple of US covert operations and are still happening today. Larryhancock's book In Denial rips the cover off many.
Speaker 2: Of them, using new files.
Speaker 12: It exposes things about the Bay and Pigs that no one has ever written about before. It shows why it really failed and why the United States did not learn from it. It also shows why other countries today are doing secret operations with more success. This is the book that puts what some want to deny into the light. In Denial secret wars with air strikes and tanks Larryhancock. For more information, go to Larry hyphen Hancock dot com. Pick up your copy of In Denial at Amazon dot com. In digital or physical forces, revel.
Speaker 13: Through calm, sage, shell fact Oh, Sally.
Speaker 14: Yeah, revel, revelation through conversation.
Speaker 3: Just in the truth about the day of a assassination?
Speaker 2: Right, Well, what do you want to know?
Speaker 3: Dy Baker's wild claim? Oswald girlfriends you knew? Ruby and Barry answer weapons? Really?
Speaker 2: I imagine I could claim I have four wheels. It doesn't make me a wagon.
Speaker 14: But okay, with on the building and trying to prevent the murder of John Kennedy, come on now has.
Speaker 3: A real effort on the Dafay assascination.
Speaker 1: Book into claims.
Speaker 2: Go to Amazon dot com enter Judith Baker in her own words. You'll get the results for a digital copy of a book where Walt Brown utilizes her own words and the known evidence in the case to get at well a different perspective. Let's say you can get Judith Very Baker in her own words from the author himself, signed if you request it by contacting doctor Brown at k I as jfk at aol dot com. It's a fun book and it actually dissects the many, many fantastic claims. Judith very Baker in her own words.
Speaker 3: Thank you for all the great information, and just a.
Speaker 2: Quick reminder, you can join us for the remainder of the program after this break by dialing three one nine five two seven five zero one six. That's three one nine five two seven five zero one six. That is the number to join in with this the live open mic Friday night.
Speaker 11: Show Chili dot Com.
Speaker 13: Revelation through conversation here is oh shell you.
Speaker 2: So returning back to the live mike here on a Friday night it is open. Why do I say that? Because you can join in three one nine five two seven five zero one six for as long as this lasts three one nine five two seven five zero one six. We may have to change the phone number or the delivery method. I don't know, maybe use an app. Things are going to have to change, and I'm gonna have to buy some new things. But I'm waiting for my Skype credit to run out, and when it does, well, we'll just be changing things up. Hopefully I'll be able to keep the number. So but for this week and hopefully for next three one nine, five two seven five zero one six. So I see Jimmy dropped off the line but came back. So I'm going to bring him back on in a minute. Here be Pete. But anything you want to.
Speaker 4: Get to before I do that, now, go ahead and bring him on back.
Speaker 2: Alright, let's do that. We also have Danny hanging on the line. But like I said, new callers are absolutely welcome and prioritized, and whatever it is you decide to throw on the table, that's what we're going to deal with. Three one nine five two seven five zero one six. That's the number to become part of this. Anyways, Jimmy James, you're back on. I noticed you clicked off, you came back, so gave you another turn to drop whatever else it is you want on the table. Brother, what's up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what happen.
Speaker 8: They're just my Wi Fi signal all of a sudden turned rad and said, poor.
Speaker 7: WiFi signal and just strapped up. Yeah, that's all the Well, I was going to bring up something.
Speaker 8: That how come everyone in the w NBA hates this Caitlin Clark. Do they not understand that she is literally the only person who is liked in the w NBA.
Speaker 4: That's why they don't like her.
Speaker 2: You know, that's exactly what the problem is. Funny that you bring this up, because I never thought I would give a crap, but you know, it came up in my news feeds like all of a sudden, WNBA tickets were not selling as well. She comes back and they start selling again, and there's a bunch of resentment apparently among the people involved. And I'm like, why why would you? If I was in the WNBA being subsidized by the NBA, okay and barely existing because they don't have a real fan base, I'd be thrilled for anybody that was raising ticket sales, especially if I was I don't know, a player or a coach, somebody was trying to make a living with this, and yet they resent this girl. What is the deal?
Speaker 4: Well, who got a bunch of black and esbios, a bunch of racist black livesbers? It didn't like the new white girl coming in with all the pizazz and backing that she had from finishing out of college years come into the w NBA and stepping on people's toes. I mean there's a lot, there's a lot of racism involved between the black female players and the w NBA and white players. Well do you think it's ms come to my head?
Speaker 2: Well, do you think it's just racism or because I noticed in other sports they get real resentful of the new, fresh, superstar rookies.
Speaker 4: No, now, it's more racism. It's more racism than anything. That's nothing more racist than a black female.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, No, I'm not arguing with you. I'm just asking because I see in other sports a lot of times, you know, the new guy comes in and he gets a big, huge contract as well.
Speaker 4: But these are women. These are women. You cannot compare. The two women are in a world by themselves. I know some listeners aren't gonna like to hear this, but school, it's a fact you're dealing with women. I'll give you an example.
Speaker 2: When we already asked, we already have no female listeners, so it's all right, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Well, my ex wife, he would always go to work at these places where there was nothing but women. She would come home every day and bitch and moman complain about how these women treated each other. And I'm sitting there thinking in the room, we don't expect you go to work at a place that's nothing but women. They're gonna sit there and just stab each other in the box. And I don't know if it's a if it's an ego thing, or if it's a competition thing, or they're all a bunch of narcissists, But every time I've been involved with a female that work in a place where they were only women, it was nothing but problems, and they would come home and bitch about it every night. It's like, go find another job.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you something. It reminds me of the family guye joke that I think it simplifies it even more. And what happened is they accidentally like got rid of all of television and so they had to rebuild TV from scratch, right, so they're like, Okay, we're gonna do this, Go do this kind of show, do that kind of stupid show. Okay, go do a game show. And then they were you know, doing and okay, sir, now we got to come up with reality TV. All right, here's what you do. Get a couple of men together and put them in this weird situation and blah blah blah and a bunch of stuff, and they'll start fighting and that'll get ratings. Go ahead, I'll tell you what. Well, sir, what else are we gonna do? Well, let's just get a bunch of women together. And you know what, if you get a bunch of women together, they'll start fighting. Anyway. Go And I'm like, okay, but it's true. And it's not just when it's all women either, Like I've seen it where it's a mixed situation where there's like you know, say a half and half, like half of the staff is women and half of its men. And they start competing and they're angry because the one girl's pretty, so the guys are nicer to her, and I mean all kinds of weird crap starts having and I'm talking about crap jobs, not even good jobs. They're competing with each other, Angry, you know, mad that somebody got twenty five cents more an hour, Angry that the guys are nicer, Angry that the boss. Oh, and immediately somebody's banging the boss, whether they are or not. Uh, you know, I mean, it's just a nightmare.
Speaker 4: So I'm telling you it's it's it's rough. I don't I don't understand, you know, look at these I'll give you a perfect example. Somebody, and I forget who it was, was talking about the w n b A and the support of women for the wn b A, and we went through this, go forget a few years ago with the UH, the women's UH national soccer team, soccer with UH, with Rapino and all the rest of them. That will get you a moment that they won't make it as much money, but because they signed a different contract, but you have women.
Speaker 3: What was it?
Speaker 4: They brought up the fact that, you know, you have a woman's sports that's not being supported by women. They would rat rather watch things like the Kardashians or Housewives of Atlanta where women are just tearing each other down left and right. It's like women are their own most enemies. They can't support the Women's National Basketball Association and yet they complain that men don't support it for them.
Speaker 2: So there's that plus racism. You're telling me, Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the NDA, lots of Blackstays and the WNBO are very racist. Then they'll show you on the court. They take it out on Caven Cark all the time.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hey, I'm just asking and just also making the observation that I don't think it matters what color they are because they just do this. It's just what women do. But maybe it's me. I don't know, Jimmy what you brought it up, but I mean you've got any more thoughts on it.
Speaker 1: Well, I agree with BP.
Speaker 7: That that's a lot of the problems, but like you said, alive, I mean, that's so called Heat's been around for thirty years, but no one even noticed it for the last couple of years.
Speaker 4: They lost thirty million dollars this last season.
Speaker 3: To think.
Speaker 2: They lost forty million this last season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they've been They have been sensitized by the NBA since they were created, and the thought was we get the league going. They start selling tickets, they start putting people in the suits. Well, nobody's interested, nobody's going to the games. I mean, most of these arenas that you've looked on Amanda Knight and it's just vacant. Well, the Clark comes in, she joins, or was it any other fever. Yeah, So she joins this team and suddenly ticket sales are through the roof. They're setting out the arena for people to just come and watch this girl play. And instead of these other players thinking that this is a good thing, they want to start cutting her down. They want to try to take her down.
Speaker 2: Is she really? Is she really? Really? Look? I barely care about basketball at all, Like I don't care about the NBA, But I mean she actually good.
Speaker 3: That's the thank chuck.
Speaker 7: She's very good, Okay.
Speaker 4: Very good? Yeah, not just good, she's very good.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Perhaps that's the interesting problem they have, is that they need to develop their players more so that their players are all good.
Speaker 4: Well, but some people are natural. Color Clark was a natural. This still his three pointers from halfway between the three point line and half court. Okay, Charling pull up through three point line to shoot. She'll shoot three steps past half court and you know, nothing but that nice?
Speaker 2: Okay, I get it. But the thing is, I mean, you would think with all the girls college basketball that they might have a better developmental system. I mean, you know, the NBA manages to them up with some pretty damn good players. You know, not everybody has a Jordan on their team, but you know almost all of them have at least a star player or two, even in the worst markets. So I'm thinking there's got to be a way to develop these girls so that are women excuse me, so that you know they're better players because these are low scoring affairs and low scoring sports, I mean are hard to sell to Americans. They just are number one.
Speaker 4: Well really sports have always been hard to sell to Americans.
Speaker 3: Well, there are another thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not saying there isn't more against it, but I mean, if you want to counter some of that, wouldn't you say that they should maybe work on their developmental you know, they're developmental enterprises.
Speaker 4: I mean I'm just saying, well, yeah, I don't think they're the college is are the ones don't have any walk ons that make it, And you know it's just a matter of what college they went to, that kind of prog and they've had in place, how much playing tinally saw like he just sought those through. But you've got that homeful that are just natural talent. They didn't want to where he played, she was going to do well. See and another issues.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got just at Iowa But another weird thing with WNBA is that, Okay, for instance, like there was this recent controversy with the Puerto Rican Basketball League. In other countries there are you know, they don't make it in the NBA, guys can wind up playing in Europe or China or freaking Puerto Rico the Puerto Rican League. Are there other like semi pro or pro leagues in other countries for women or is it just in America, because yeah.
Speaker 4: No, it's in other countries.
Speaker 6: That's what.
Speaker 7: Kate o'clark's one of the highest paid months charc and she gets paid seventy grand.
Speaker 2: No, that's fine, I'm putting here though.
Speaker 4: They thought leagues all over the world. That's how Brittay Groner got busted for going to Russia because was playing for the rest of the team.
Speaker 2: Okay, so out of season, Okay, So they do have other countries, and I was just wondering if there was a system like that, because again, sometimes these guys come back out of Europe or whatever and they go back to the NBA. Right, So you know, I'm thinking they would have a greater chance of development, but they already have it and it's still not doing it. Okay, I was just curious.
Speaker 4: I don't know less countries. You don't moost countries.
Speaker 15: You have.
Speaker 4: You have the women's national team, and they are the ones that usually go to the Olympics, and that here we do it a little different. We pick a coach for the Olympic team and they invite a bunch of pros and try to fill over the pros and college people to put our Olympic team together. Most other countries, it's the national team that is representing them, just like the team in Russia. There's a league over there. Britney Grindod was on our way over because he plays in the off season over there. And apparently in the confusion, she had some fake cartridges that had th HC in them and that's what she got busted for, right, right, So she was over their own business. I mean, not fair enough.
Speaker 3: Maybe she was gonna go.
Speaker 7: As an ECLIPUS game for something to play against the Russia.
Speaker 2: Maybe well she was played in the league over there, okay, well either with team that was four well, but either way, I mean there is some international concern, That's all I was getting at. I mean, even in baseball, you got like you know, you're there used to be a winter league in Puerto Rico. There used to be uh, you know, different other countries. Japan had a lot of Now we got a lot of Japanese players here, you know, I mean, please, we know about that. Matter of fact, I'll probably hear from Danny on that when I bring them back on. But uh, it's it's amazing, right, you know, like if you have an international sort of like collection of development, you have the possibility of people coming from other countries. And again, just like anything you have a developmental system. It's good. You know, not everything needs a farm system, but in some ways or other they sort of do, you know. I mean, I know baseball has the minor leagues and stuff like that, and hockey has you know, your minor league hockey, and I don't think football. NFL doesn't really have that though. They just go straight from college into NFL pretty much.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah it Now you got the US the UFL and XFL merged what this last year, so you do have those off season football programs. You've got the Canadian Football League, which our guys will bounce around to football. American football is gaining a foothold in other countries, but it's still mostly an American thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, but still it doesn't require a massive farm system. It looks like but you know baseball, did you know?
Speaker 3: And well?
Speaker 4: And baseball now baseball. That's the one thing about baseball. It's all over the world, from Korea to China to Japan to everybody. Who's got to lead right, Yeah, says here Briny Gyner. She went to place she was going to be in the resting premiere to league. It doesn't say what team she would have been on, but that was her reason over there NSC. She played for U m MC the Cattle and Bird, which won the euro League, and she was part of three russ and National League titles on the teams she was with.
Speaker 2: Who knew? All right, hang on, Jimmy, we'll put you on hold momentarily, probably try to get back around to you one more time. And Danny, you're back on the line because nobody else is calling in, so we'll just have you and Jimmy take turns. So three one nine, five, seven, five zero one six if you want to interrupt the cycle, guys, But Danny, yeah, so you got anything you want to say about this basketball deal or any of these sports discussions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Jackie Sheldon, the basketball player that started the controversy with Kit and I do admit Caitlin Clark is a talented basketball player. Jackie Sheldon, who is a white girl. That's who the controverse is. And if you go look at her her, she just made a payday because she's she's dropped dead gorgeous. She's all over Instagram, and I'm sure she just got her name out there. I mean, she she's now in the pray, so she's twenty four years old, and she's now probably bought herself some modeling contracts.
Speaker 2: So there's actually a pretty girl in the WNBA. Also, huh, I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Both both the heterosexual metals and lesbians are going to love her.
Speaker 2: Okay, well hey there's that, and that we could be. Another thing is if you know anyway, I'm not even going to say it.
Speaker 3: I'm sure she's a good basketball player, but I'm just saying that, you know, you start having the beef with her and all of a sudden, you know, you see her Instagram is blowing up. Guess what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it's just like during World War Two when they had you know, the the All American girls baseball teams, you know, right in that one area of the country pretty much. Uh, you know, they tried to get attractive women who could also play the game. And you know, there's something to be said for that. I know you're not allowed to say that kind of thing anymore, but there's something to be said for it. Let's be honest. Okay, Well.
Speaker 3: A question.
Speaker 4: Law love, but poos remode eligible? Do you think there should be at baseball?
Speaker 2: Believe it or not. I have an opinion on that too, But Danny, you first, you know.
Speaker 15: It's you know, I'm torn as far as his play in the game, you know, you know, his stat wise, maybe with an ask, I don't know, if you go the way Moraley's gone to day.
Speaker 3: I mean he did he did gamble on baseball. I mean he and he he was unrepentant of it for a long time. I mean, I don't know. Maybe after, you know, maybe maybe the suspension you can maybe he's out of purgatory, if that makes sense. I mean I would say maybe with an asterisk, because I mean his his what he did on the field was deserving, what he did off the field was shameful. If that makes sense. So I'm kind of caught between Hi low a hard place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they I think they also let Shules's Joe back for eligibility as well. But you know, now we're at a point in history where quite honestly, people only know the movie Eight Men Out. They don't know the guy as a player. Yeah have.
Speaker 3: The other thing was now with gambling. Gambling. Gambling funds a lot of a lot of the sports. I mean, if you listen to talk sports radio, you watch.
Speaker 2: A game, well that's his name is now yeah now that yeah, literally some of your football and some of your everything else is brought to you by sports gambling apps. Gamble on the game right now at home. So to me, it's like, I gotta be honest with you. Like, and I saw Pete Rose play as a as a Philadelphia Philly and then as a Red. I know he was a Red first and then became a Philly for a short time and all that. But the thing is, I saw that, and I got to tell you, I don't see any reason not to have this guy in the Hall of Fame. I I even unless he absolutely, you know, did something horrible like throw a game, and you can prove that.
Speaker 4: I'll look at it this way. There's a thousand things he could have bet on. He bet on baseball, and that, I hate to say it should be enough to keep him out.
Speaker 2: Well, he bet on a thousand things too. The guy was a gambling addict.
Speaker 4: I will have to bet on baseball.
Speaker 2: I hear you, I hear you there. But but at the same time, I think that his extraordinary play, uh is so deserving of being in the Hall that I would go with him being in there. Danny's got mixed feelings. He's not sure where to land. Maybe we should check in with Jimmy and see where he's at. Uh. You know, but look at that you got. You got three different opinions right here right now. It's almost like Jimmy James is going to be the tie breaker. Let's bring him on. Let Jimmy James break the time. Jimmy, you're in the enviable position of being the tiebreaker. On Pete Rose, Uh, Danny is you know a straddling defense be Pete says no. I say absolutely, he needs to go in. He's now out of purgatory. What's your thoughts?
Speaker 8: I agree with you, Chuck. He needs jim.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm sorry. It's just when you got on.
Speaker 3: The on the field is on the field.
Speaker 7: Performance is speaks for it.
Speaker 8: So he should have never been outright banned in my opinion.
Speaker 2: See here's the thing. Here's what would change my opinion though, is if there was proof that he threw games for his gambling, Yeah he did that.
Speaker 7: If he did that, yes, then he's done just for gambling.
Speaker 3: I never agreed with what they did to him.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know how I felt about it, because I think baseball has been a little too pious about some people and ignored these other things gambling.
Speaker 4: Baseball doesn't have any rules on him's gambling except betting on baseball. He could have bet on anything else in the word, and he knew it at the time when he did it, he knew what he did is wrong. I think he shot himself in the foot his play on the field. No question, the man got that, didn't chart.
Speaker 7: Wouldn't you want to bet on the thing.
Speaker 1: That you knew best.
Speaker 4: I mean, I rot if it's going to cost me a chance. If he had never gotten caught, if he had been caught for gambling, and they said, yeah, but he didn't bet on baseball, There would have been no questions asked, it would have been said, it would have been settled then, and the minimum number of days that he had to be out after he retired. He would have been in the Hall of Fame on the first draft if he did just not bet on baseball.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing, I don't know that that again, you know which which bad behavior is acceptable to baseball and which is not. When you take a look at some of the people that are in the Hall of Fame. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: There's gas, but there's not. Gambler is not a bad thing, gamble. The baseball does not have a problem with gambling unless you bet on baseball US just like any other league. If he was betting on football games, I'm just in the NFL. Okay, that's the one thing that gets your banned.
Speaker 2: I really when he did it, I heard your point. I just don't care about it. And that's the thing. It's like to me, they got people in the Hall of Fame who intentionally injured and ended other people's careers and they're in the Hall of Fame. To me, somebody like that maybe needs to be excluded. A guy who gambled on baseball. I'm not as upset, but you know what I'm saying, there were guys that literally hurt other individuals, that literally took away their ability to make a living, that took away their chance and stuff that did you know what I'm saying. Plus I mean, you know, drug addicts, steroids guys, I mean all kinds of crap that you know, and the steroids guys, they cheated as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 7: But yeah, look at look at look at.
Speaker 3: Good Yeah this is pardon me, well, uh, Pete Rose did ended that ended play. He ended Ray Fosse's career. I mean he charged him in home base. I mean it wasn't just going for the base. He took him out, He gave I think he he injured him really bad. And he was a catcher for the as I remember he did that, and I mean that was I mean, you can build I'm sure it's on on YouTube. It's it's pretty easy to google. It was a brutal, brutal slide.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, but okay, okay, but it is something that you can do in that game that that is not out of bounds. If somebody standing in the baseline, you can run them over. I remember being taught that in Little Yeah, you know, if somebody standing in that base line, you can slam right on into him, it's fine. And they told us that in Little League, for Christ's sake, you know, real dangerous because guess what the boys were wearing batting helmets back then, and I guess the the guy standing in at second base was not or the guy at third base or wherever, and if he was, you know, made the mistake of being in that baseline, you could hit him. If you knock the ball loose, you're safe. I mean, I remember being taught that.
Speaker 3: So that's interesting because our whole thing when I played baseball, it was to get to the base. That was that was the main objective. But I get your point. Yeah, I saw. I saw Pete Rose play line. I was fortunate that in nineteen seventy two, seventy three, and seventy four I went to all three of the My father had a business and he bought he had season tickets to A's and we got to go to the World Series. In seventy two saw the Reds play, and then I saw seventy three with.
Speaker 2: The that's the Mets in the A's and seventy three.
Speaker 3: Right, yea seventy four was the seventy four was the Mets and as or seventy three, And now I got to confuse.
Speaker 2: I got to look.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw Willie May's play his last game. I think it was all right, I'm just trying to remember which one it was. It was. He played center field, you know. Being from the Bay Area, you know, he was probably one of my favorite players, even though I was warm an A's fan. And unfortunately he made two airs in the outfield. He was done physically. He couldn't play the game anymore.
Speaker 2: So, right, that's when I in nineteen seventy three, the Oakland Athletics the New York Mets, and Willie Mays was on that team. Willie Mays was on the Mets. Sorry, go ahead, made.
Speaker 3: Two hours in outfield and he didn't play. He didn't play. Sentence. Yeah, it was the first he was game one.
Speaker 2: Okay. Well, here's the thing, if I remember right, they returned him to the Giants, and he actually finished his career with the Giants after that, but he was with the Mets in seventy three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he was now the interesting with Willy May's you know, he ended up, you know, retiring back in the Bay Area. That all through until he passed, he visited. He constantly visited children's hospitals, signed in baseballs. I mean, you know, no fanfare. It was just well known until he couldn't do it anymore. And he was probably sending baseballs to sick kids that never knew who he was. He was. He was really just a I never heard a bad word about him, you know, his behavior. He was just a nice guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, they let him retire in a Giants uniform. But here's a funny fact. According to what I see on MLB dot com, Willie May has played his final season with the nineteen seventy three Mets, and according to this, with the score tied at six in the top of the twelfth inning in Game two of the World Series against the Athletics, May singled up the middle.
Speaker 3: So oh really, I don't remember that that. I don't remember. I just remember he got full well, plus I was pretty young then, But I do remember that when he made the two maybe because maybe they put him in there as a designated his it R. Because I don't remember him playing in the outfield after that. After those two errors, so, yeah, that's interesting that I don't recall that. Thank you for sharing with that with me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: The only reason why I know anything about it is because and why I had to go look up the facts just to clarify what I had, is because I used to collect baseball cards and I was really really happy to get myself on nineteen seventy four because you get the cards the next year from the season before nineteen seventy four. Willie May's in the New York Mets uniform. So and I collected Mets cards, you know, mainly I collected New York Mets and Nolan Ryan, So that was me.
Speaker 3: You still have Do you still have those baseball cards?
Speaker 2: I wish, I wish I did, But you know, do you know I have.
Speaker 3: A couple of shoe boxes of baseball cards with seventies nice I'm almost scared to look at it. I told my son, I go, if I go, they're yours or to your kids, see unless some of the else claims it. But I'm almost scared to look at I'm sure there's some some pretty valuable cards in there.
Speaker 2: Well, if you ever want to part with the ones that are probably not that valuable and you want to send me some New York Mets cards, I'll take them because I would.
Speaker 3: Love to if I go, If I go, if I get a chance to go through them, I'll do that for you. But I I can't guarantee because I'm usually busy with a lot of other stuff. But it was yeah, but if there's something.
Speaker 7: I don't have many baseball cards, but the ones I do got are pretty gosh term good.
Speaker 3: I used to have autograph what I got an? I got an.
Speaker 7: Autographed Mickey Mantle, an autograph jo Oh, and the Mickey Mantle one is from when he was injured in the and the uh, when they were trying to get the most home runs. That's the only reason he actually signed it, and he signed it sideways. Usually he got so many requests that they used auto.
Speaker 3: Pen like Joe Biden.
Speaker 7: Nice, but just because he happened to be injured, he was actually signing us autos.
Speaker 2: Nice all that nice. I never had a good signed anything except uh. I mean, I had a Nolan Ryan's signature, but I wasn't sure if it was real because where I bought it from. But I had lots of cards I had. I had a beat up version of everything except Ryan's rookie card pretty much. Uh so, and he started with the Mets, by the way.
Speaker 3: So right now, you're you're a big fan of Nolan Ryan, Yep, I'm gonna. I'm gonna. I've got myself in so much trouble, and it's just in that I could be wrong because I have no proof that I have made this sumption that he made have been the first steroid player. For his longevity of his career, I'm not saying he was great at once, but for him, the way he pitched, and I'm looking at pictures today, it just seems like I've had people really get upset with me saying that that. I'm just got a sneaky feeling that you may have been on the first Well, if he was.
Speaker 2: I got to tell you that. I mean, for the most part, his longevity is what he had. He wasn't that much above a five hundred pitcher, even though he struck out a lot of people, right, And I mean so he wasn't superman, but he threw hard, and he threw hard initially even with the Mets. You can see him in the sixty nine World Series. If you ever get a chance to look at the actual games. You can see him come out of the bullpen in the sixty nine series, and back then, even as a kid, he was throwing you know, one hundred and two miles an hour. I mean, just nasty. He and he did that all the way up into his forties. But by the time he retired, you know, I don't know, you could be right. I'm not saying you're.
Speaker 3: Around career, but I've just been for the recovery. That's what makes sense to me. I'm just saying that I just don't see guys last that much. Hummer set through. But you know, I remember that sixty eight or sixty was it sixty eight Miracle Mets or was it sixty nine sixty nine? It was sixty nine because I remember that series because I was up in I was at my grandparents up didn't walk the state of Washington, and my grandfather was a big baseball fan, and I remember they were called the Miracle Mets, and it was because they were a new franchise, weren't they at that point.
Speaker 2: They were established in sixty two, and they proceeded to have like the worst couple of seasons ever out of the gate. They were horrible and you know, I mean when your catcher, they had a catcher literally named Chuo Chu Coleman. I mean, you know, Casey Stangle managed him at one point, and that was interesting. And they ended up with a lot of star players, sure, but it's just they ended up with this incredible pitching, you know, group of pitchers there in sixty nine. Like I said, Nolan Ryan's coming out of the pen, Jerry Kousman is with him. I think still Tom Seaver was there, you know what I mean you're talking about. Yeah, I mean it's a hell of a it's a hell of an inch and they're all rookies, they're all young guys at that point, and that's how they were able to pull that one off.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I've always found sometimes with baseball, especially when it comes back to the World Series, sometimes it's like a team just gets hot, you know, a pitcher gets hot. And I remember the A's they seem like they were unbeatable and it was Earl Horstire's. You just tore them, uh you know, Riot team for three games. I mean you just couldn't hit off of them, you know, and you know it was this career long lasting No, you just hit everything.
Speaker 2: Like lightning in the bottle, you know, you just hit everything, or or you have somebody like you know, the New York Yankees constantly buy pennance and occasionally somebody like Ted Turner steps up and runs the Braves out there and creates a great team temporarily, you know what I mean. Yeah, because Ted Turner put the money in. That's why I mean, he spent the money, he got the players, and they just they rolled. They did well in the nineties if you remember the Braves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they did. Yeah. And like me, like I'm a you know, suffering as fan. They had a great farm system that they didn't tend to get good. They like seemed like they got traded to the Yankees.
Speaker 2: Well that was the see, but that's the problem. The Yankees would buy everybody's good players. Yeah, you know, they always did. And uh that's why I can I never had respect for the Yankees, you know, I mean and a do you want to talk about the a that they bought. Here's a good one, A good example. How about Reggie Jackson, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh, my father, my father, he hated Richie Jackson because he was in right field. Because we'd go to the games, and he goes, he goes, he's just such a hot dog, because you'd see him dog it and drop a routine fly ball one so oft and here he is a star and then at the end of the game he'd knocked him, you know, just a hilacious home run. You know, he just is he just he frustrate my father. He goes, I just hate that hot dog. He's always hot dog.
Speaker 4: And I remember my dad just.
Speaker 3: He wanted him to hustle the whole time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you want to talk about suffering. Now, I'm a suffering Mets fan for decades because every time they got a good star player, they always crashed as soon as they got to the Mets.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: The worst example, of course, Bobby Bania. Hey, we got the guy and they.
Speaker 3: Of Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and they just finished paying off his contract like two years ago. Maybe, I mean because they made him the highest, the highest offer in baseball history, Bobby Bonilla, for God's sake, and is because well, we're either gonna get bonds or Banilla, and they didn't get bonds, so they took Banilla and they gave him more money than anybody ever got. And the guy proceeded to flop, and they couldn't. They couldn't pawn him off to anybody else, even if they agreed to pay, you know, more than half his contract, they couldn't pawn him off to anybody else for a couple of years. It was horrible, you know, so Bobby Banilla. But I also look, I really remember, you know, early on in my baseball days, the Mets turned around and got George Foster from the Reds and Dave Kingman from the Cubs, right, and it's like, we have two brutal home run hitters and they proceeded to do crap with the Mets nothing.
Speaker 3: It's like, I remember Cadan, he team had played for the Giants. Yeah, I remember he played for the Giants for a while too, but.
Speaker 2: He was a Cub star.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, speaking of the Cubs, We're gonna my well, next month, my wife and we're gonna go Anniverse. We're gonna go to Hawaii. But we're already we just started planning a trip. We're gonna go to September. We're gonna we're gonna go to Chicago. We're gonna We're actually gonna plan it. We're gonna go to a Cubs game and a White Sox game, and then that Saturday we're gonna end up at Notre Dame Purdue. So we're kind of excited about that. Nice, we'll get a baseball in our college football. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's too bad. It's too bad you're not traveling in November, because I'm going to be in Dallas in November. I tell you, come on down there. I'll give you that. I'm doing a tour daily Plaza apparently, so uh.
Speaker 3: Well, i'll tell you what check if I can give through it sometimes and I'm I'm equally as guilty sometimes. Why it's funny with money. But if I've thought about maybe coming this year, I can't promise you because we've got the two big trips plan. But if I can get time off, I might, I might go this When is that Friday through Sunday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the twenty first to the twenty third. Yep.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well I'll well look and I'll promise I'll do something to help you out for your to get you going there. But I can't promise I can be out there, but maybe maybe if something falls right.
Speaker 2: Hey, I have at Hey, Look, I appreciate either way because The only thing I don't have said is how I'm going to feed myself over the weekend.
Speaker 3: But other than that, okay, well i'll make I'll make sure you got something to help you out.
Speaker 2: Excellent, man. I appreciate that, But you know what, I'd appreciate it even more if you were there in person. I'll tell you what if you do show up, But I promise you this, if you show up, I'll give you. I'll give you some merch. If you show up literally an merch.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't need it. I probably really enjoy it too. Or daily plous. I've been there before, and like I said, you have some friends. They just took a they're big baseball fans. He's from Boston and she's from LA so she's an Angels fan. He's a Red Sox fan. There's some of our best friends. They are school teachers, just dying the wall. Good people.
Speaker 2: But we're.
Speaker 3: Like I said before, in the past, my wife and I were in peer bid dog breed showing and we got them. We kind of mentored them, but we were watching their dog. If they went they went to see two games. They okay, they've got a goal to see all that my wife is. I got her interested in wanting to go to ball games, so gotcha.
Speaker 2: Well, look, if you go, if you go to Dealey Plaza, Okay, I'm gonna give you a little advice here, don't go after dark, first of all. But secondly, if you're gonna go there, I would suggest, and you're there that weekend, you go there at twelve thirty or at least, you know, maybe eleven thirty something like that, get there a little early on the twenty second because they do the moment of silence and it's the whole thing. I'm not necessarily thrilled with all the people that are there, but it is something to see. And last year was that weird situation where the q on people stop traffic. But anyway, Uh, it's a it's a weird thing to see. And they do always, you know, Honor, that's you know, the exact time and day when things happened. And uh, but if you go there at night, if you ever see again that that little video I did with h with me and Swanson going into Daley Plaza like late at night and uh, like it's it's dark and this guy starts rambling at us, and uh and and Swanson winds up having to give him money because he was like, they all want money if you if they give you an explanation of stuff, whether you want it or not. So it's like you gotta shoo him away. But it's hilarious because I get it.
Speaker 8: I don't have to be to boys.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be there November. Well they am.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no, no pm pm in the afternoon, right there in the afternoon, not not am, not in the middle of the night. What are you crazy?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: I will go that night, and.
Speaker 3: I'd rather go.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna observe it at night and there's no one house around except crazy people.
Speaker 2: Well, if you want to go, I'll go with you if you want. But but I'm just telling you, if you're going there with like you know, people that that you care about, don't go at night. But I'll go. I don't care.
Speaker 3: I have a lot of experience at night by myself with the with the with the crazy people, so that's that's not a problem with me at all. I can handle myself.
Speaker 2: So I was nuts. I was trying to I had the dumb idea like, hey, let's film you know the way the plaza looks with the lights at night and all that, and you know, just for part of my video. And this guy just kind of accosted me in Swanson while we were out there. Was too funny. And that's that's where the graphic comes up and says, I think we found the uh, the president of the Judy Baker fan club here.
Speaker 3: I got a question when you went Deeley Platz and when I kind of pulled in there, and I was it was years ago, and you know, seeing all the pictures and study, I'm not anywhere as knowledgeable as you guys, but I've read a lot of books and I've been very fascinated as a subject. Wasn't it kind of surreal when you kind of first went in there and just saw everything because of all the film, It's like wow, it just kind of like it like overwhelmed you. Did you get any feelings like that?
Speaker 2: You know, I had like, yeah, of course, I'm familiar with this. And everybody says, oh, it's amazing how small it is. It is kind of interesting how small it is. But the weirdest thing is that you realize that when they're talking about, you know, the Grassy Knoll and all this stuff, and like there's this one area which is just basically an island between a couple of dades where people were standing, where Mary Mormon was standing and where you know, certain people claim they were standing, and Charles brem was and all that, and it's like you look at that and you go, this is just people that happened to go on the little island in between traffic, that just happened to be there at that moment. It's kind of weird. And I'll tell you the only other strange thing is when I'm standing on top of the railroad bridge, because I went and climbed up with Swanson and we went up and around and we're looking down at it and going, man, it would have been so easy to knock the turn out of the equation, like that whole turn that slowed down the limo and did all that crap and brought the car, you know, supposedly close to the sniper's nest and everything. The Secret Service could have done five different things to not have that be a problem, and they didn't, right, And that's the only thing that kind of struck me is standing on the railroad bridge. And that's when, as you know, I said it to Swanson. I started saying it, and he pulled out his camcorder. And that's again part of what's in that little film is he's like, say that, keep saying that, keep talking about that, and I'm like, well look at it. You know, it's like it's very simple. Yeah, you know, and that's when we were on top of a railroad bridge. Sorry good, Yeah.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: That's always been my biggest thing with the whole Why they haven't released all these files, isn't that, basically, I mean, just kind of obvious. You know, whatever secrets they have is one thing. But are they like, isn't it cya people are just covering all their faux pause of like while they screwed up X, Y and Z. Isn't that what a lot of this is.
Speaker 2: Wells sense, that's certainly part of it, and that's certainly part of how they sold. Part of the cover up for sure, you know, because if you tell a guy who was involved in the Advanced Team, hey, we screwed up here and we need to you know, close ranks and not make it look like we screwed up, I can see somebody going, you know what, I've worked my whole life and whatever, my retirements riding on this. I want to make sure I don't lose it. And yeah, I could see guys doing that who weren't you know, in on anything. But just want to make sure that nothing gets out so that more blame can't be pointed, you know, right, I see that.
Speaker 7: Okay, I got a question about I got a question about Dallas nowteen sixty three. Everyone makes a big deal out of the mayor's being.
Speaker 3: That Compel's brother.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: My understanding is back then the office of mayor was honorary.
Speaker 8: So he just basically like carried big scissors. Is that true?
Speaker 7: Or did he ask some kind of pull or what was his I mean, all I really know about the guys who smoked.
Speaker 3: A lot on TV.
Speaker 2: Well, I you know, I don't know how honorary mayoral titles and the responsibilities have changed over the years. I'd have to look into that a little more. But I'm pretty sure he had some power. I don't think he was just, you know, a completely ceremonial figurehead. But I don't know how much power the mayor of Dallas had back then. Dallas was not the same as it was then exactly.
Speaker 16: You know, but they were I just mostly remembered the guy being on CBS, so just changed smokeing like crazy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, a Dallas And I tell you, but it's also weird. Just you know, again I point this out, but I was on my way to the Greyhound station, uh when in twenty seventeen and I look up, I stopped to light a cigarette. I look up and I realize I'm standing, you know, just half a block away from the Greyhound station or whatever, and this huge building that's, you know there that I'm shading myself in is the Charles Cabell Cia Buildings, you know. And I'm just like, yeah, bizarre. And I was like, huh, well, you know, that's one way to have a landmark. And Jack Jack Ruby, one of Jack Ruby' strip clubs is now like the AT and T office for the regional office for AT and T. But okay, you know, things changed great.
Speaker 3: Just a couple of years ago.
Speaker 7: They were poured down the curse. So I can't believe that they even allowed that.
Speaker 3: How can that be legal?
Speaker 7: Shouldn't that be like a historical landmark like for a theater.
Speaker 2: But you would think, well you would think, but they also, like I told you, the Colony Club or whatever, the other club that was Jack Ruby's is the AT and T office, And I smoked weed in the parking in twenty seventeen. I was smoking weed in the parking lot of the AT and T office in twenty seventeen, looking around at where where it was supposed to be, and I'm like, hmm, this is interesting too.
Speaker 3: But anyway, suck are you I'm just sis.
Speaker 7: Are you sure it was AT and T?
Speaker 3: Or was it ai T? No, it's very serious. No.
Speaker 2: It was the logo, the corporate logo and all that was in bright lights on the building. Okay, yeah, eighteen.
Speaker 3: I was just curious.
Speaker 2: You know that blue and white logo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like world logo. Deal looks kind of like Earth or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know what that thing. Anyways, guys, we're almost out of time, so I want to give each of you a chance to like give a final word here for the week. So go ahead, Jimmy's and you were the first one to call in.
Speaker 7: Oh my goodness, good heavens. Shout out to everyone who listened. And I wish you'd have called in and said something or something is Aaron and.
Speaker 2: Uncle hum, Yes, Aaron is coming up next. That's why I got to get tight on the time. So thanks Jimmy, thanks for calling in. Appreciate you, and yeah, I wish more people would call into Danny your final word for the week.
Speaker 3: Okay from the Sermon on the Mouth in the Gospel of Matthew, Blessed of the peacemakers, they'll be called the children of God. I'm out. Thank you for letting me participate.
Speaker 2: Thank you Danny, and amen, by the way, be Pete, you got to find a word for the week.
Speaker 4: Well, just for a thank everybody for letting us get to another week. Thanks to Jimmy and Danny for calling in. And yeah than that, just go to em hit the domain, but do which can and then that we're looking forward to doing it next week.
Speaker 2: Yep, same here, And look, I'm gonna keep doing this as long as we can, and uh, when we change, we'll let you know as soon as we can and check out what's going on on X and all that. We'll let you know as soon as possible, uh, if the number changes or whatever. But we're gonna try and keep it the same. Okay, So until then, what is my usual tagline here? Yeah, I'm merely o'celly all of you are indeed the effect, and indeed I would appreciate it if you decided to drop in something into the tip jar at Ochelli dot com. It is much appreciated and much needed. I'm gonna have to buy some stuff soon, so you can help me do that and also just you know, generally survive, but but I need to buy some stuff and you know, keep things going. I'd like to expand the network, not contract it, but we'll see what happens. Anyway, Thank you,