Speaker 1: Shall ripped off, bad news, need advice, so.
Speaker 2: You don't have.
Speaker 3: Come.
Speaker 4: Run in just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 5: This is the Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martinez.
Speaker 6: Welcome, Welcome, my friends to the only show of It's Gotten. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. Our goal in life is simple. We want to help you. If you've been ripped off, have a bad contractor in your life, maybe a bad landlord, maybe a bad dentist for that matter, we would love to help. We get directly involved onlike any and I mean it, any other show out there, forty five years helping people to the tune of over three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise, exchanges, refunds, services.
Speaker 7: To directly do directly due to this show. Three zero three seven, one, three eight two five fives a number. We've got a few things cooking this afternoon. First of all, I want to introduce everybody here. We got Kelly of course, answering your phones. We got Deputy Doc, we got Deputy Dmitri. We've got Steve Sizzik.
Speaker 6: He's one of our experts on with the Harris Law firm, and he's going to be helping us with the tax question in a second Mark Schamansky Genesis Total Exteriors, by the way, Mark, it's kind of ironic. You're in studio and your guys are literally at my house.
Speaker 8: Yep, Omar and his crew are at your house right now.
Speaker 6: I want to thank you for tearing my entire house apart after we got our floors done and now we're living through an entire interior paint job.
Speaker 9: Thank you, very welcome. Suzanne was making that comment when I was walking, and I said, doesn't bother me a bit. It doesn't doesn't.
Speaker 6: Actually, those guys are doing a great job. I didn't realize there'd be six painters there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're down to four today, but you got six you start with six, but we've done a four today.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and their cruising along. Man, they got it down. Pat Everything that's been done looks great. It's just a pain in the butt taking everything off the walls.
Speaker 8: That's the big you get it. Oh yeah, especially cleaning.
Speaker 9: You know, you got to take all the knickknacks and everything and move everything, I mean all the paintings, your TVs, everything off.
Speaker 6: The everything, and then we have Matt Stanford. Matt has gotten me so much money it's crazy. He is a public adjuster. I'll give you two examples. One example, we had hail. All my neighbors are getting a new roof. My insurance company. This is about I don't know seven years ago. My insurance company comes out and says, ah, you don't have damage, or you don't have enough damage, we're not giving you anything. I call Matt up. He got me eighty thousand dollars. Think of that from zero to hero eighty thousand dollars. Then, I don't know how long ago, a year and a half ago.
Speaker 7: Matt, Uh, yeah, coming up on it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's been taking a little bit on this one because we fought it tooth and nail. You actually went all the way to basically arbitration. Ye appraisal the appraisal clause on this one. So we had damage again, hail. It came in through our door. We have a patio. It came in through the patio door in and ruined our hardwood floors. They said, you're not covered because you don't have flood insurance. I said, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa Wait a second, I do have flood insurance, and sure enough I did. And it's odd that I have it, I understand that, but it was like one hundred bucks a year, and I got it from Compass Insurance. Then they said, well it's not flood though then they came back and said, oh, well that's not technically a flood. So I called MAT up, so they weren't going to give me a nickel. I ended up getting a little under forty thousand on that one. And there is one of the reasons Genesis is in our house right now. We got all our hardwood floors resanded, I added some new hardwood, and then we had to paint a lot of the walls because you got to take off the borders. And that's basically why the entire house is getting repainted.
Speaker 7: So that's that's our story right now.
Speaker 6: But any questions you haven't in any of that stuff, I'd love to hear it now. Mike called yesterday and Mike said, hey, hey, hey, Mike.
Speaker 7: Did you talk to your kid.
Speaker 6: Did he actually have a advocate a tax advocate?
Speaker 10: No, he don't.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's right, that's fine. Just hold up right there. So we're going to kind of walk you through that. Mike called yesterday and Steve, this one sounds like Don Eiley, if you're familiar with him, it sounds like I don't know this for a fact.
Speaker 7: Steve. By the way, how are you doing, Steve, Sayzik Harris Law Firm.
Speaker 11: Thanks Mark, good to talk with you.
Speaker 12: It's been a minute.
Speaker 7: It has been a minute.
Speaker 11: Tax problems that maybe not bothering you with them, So congratulations.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guarantee there's been a ton of tax issues.
Speaker 7: But listen to this man. It sounds like this is what happened.
Speaker 6: It sounds like his employer has been taking his share and their share.
Speaker 7: Out of his paycheck for the FEDS.
Speaker 6: But they're probably reporting zero or simply not sending anything because the end of the year came in twenty twenty two, I believe, And in twenty twenty two, your kid did get a refund, right Mike.
Speaker 13: Twenty two, yes, twenty three No.
Speaker 6: Then in twenty three they seized his refund, and then again in twenty four they seized it.
Speaker 12: Right now, got clarification.
Speaker 14: In fact, my son is here with all this stuff, well.
Speaker 7: Put him on, put him on. Why am I talking to you? Brother?
Speaker 15: Put your kid on.
Speaker 16: We get through to you a little bit, hang on here, how's it going.
Speaker 7: It's going good. What's your name?
Speaker 17: Man?
Speaker 18: My name is Michael Kesser.
Speaker 6: Okay, so let's go on, Michael, what actually happened?
Speaker 7: Go ahead?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 18: So I worked for a company for five months, the last five months in twenty twenty three, I turned around and filed my taxes. In February fifteenth, twenty twenty four, I received a letter. I believe it was May no, because may I have it in front of me, me just saying that's.
Speaker 7: Fy, it doesn't matter in May go ahead, okay.
Speaker 18: They said that they're withholding my taxes. They needed an additional sixty days to review it. Sixty days went by, I received another letter saying they're gonna they need an additional sixty days to review it.
Speaker 10: I never heard anything.
Speaker 18: About it after that for a good while. I called the IRS advocate, told my situation, and in order to get an advocate, you have to have hardships and yeah, pretty much losing your car, your house.
Speaker 6: That's simply that's simply not true. But I want you to continue on with it. What did the IRS letters say? Why have they not even told you what's going on? Did they allude to you haven't been paying taxes? What information do you have?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 18: So I have all these letters here in front of me, and the main one that I got after one hundred and eighty days of them sending me letters they needed additional sixty days is that they needed more clarification and they needed the last three paycheck stubs of my twenty twenty three income. They needed a letter from my employer about my retirement benefit to verify my income. I got that from my employer. I submitted it doing the IRS online tool and never heard anything about it. I switched jobs and I filed my taxes for twenty twenty four and that was February. I filed this this year February.
Speaker 10: I got it with him.
Speaker 18: I got twenty twenty four taxes about eighteen days after I filed, and right after that March eleventh is whenever they sent this letter.
Speaker 7: And what's it saying.
Speaker 18: This letter says that the employer that I claimed withheld money, and it says that the wages that I claimed and the wages the withholding that I claimed it has a number, and then it says what was reported to the IRS is zero dollars.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so listen, this my friends out there, listen. This is what I call the Don Isley. These people, whether it was their accountant or the company itself, here's how it goes down. You work for a company, I don't care who it is. They take money out of your check. Anybody out there that's a W two employee knows what I'm talking about. They take it out. Then they got to report. Not only do they got to report how much they took out based upon how many exemptions you.
Speaker 7: Have, but they have a file with the IRS under your Social Security number.
Speaker 6: They're supposed to forward that amount of money to the IRS.
Speaker 7: What Don Eiley did.
Speaker 6: He would say to the IRS, this employee made zero, so therefore they owe zero. But he would tell the employee or actually the company in his case, that it's five hundred dollars, So they would pay Don Eiley's firm five hundred dollars, thinking it's going to the IRS. But he told the IRS zero, So therefore no red flags are put up right away. And what ultimately happened is ten years later, Don Eiley took twelve million dollars from about thirty small businesses. The thirty small businesses were left holding the bag. Some of them committed suicide because they were broke. Other ones went bankrupt because of Don Eiley. He ended up hanging himself, from my best understanding, in federal prison after about four years in the joint and we went after that dirt bag. In fact, I got a video of it on Facebook. But Steve Sizik, what does this.
Speaker 7: Guy do now?
Speaker 6: To me, none of the employees that were affected with Don Eiley, not one single employee ended up paying back a nickel. The businesses that employed them were the ones left holding the bag. But the employees were not affected at all. It sounds to me as if they're not given this guy his real refunds based upon it.
Speaker 7: So what do you do?
Speaker 11: Yeah, this is systemic because the system on the irs side is showing uh, you know, no withholding or no with reported withholding, and obviously none was paid. So the employee has to do essentially like what it sounds like what he's trying to do is get proof of his past ubs and get those submitted. The one one term I heard was the one the online portal. Yeah, that thing is ridiculous. Don't use that stupid thing. It's not gonna work. Nobody's gonna look at it. You know, it's sitting there in some system somewhere.
Speaker 18: So I get it online model and I also mailed the copy in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well he mailed it two, which is like, it's crazy. The IRS is so backed up. If Steve, I hate to interrupt you because we've got to come up with a game plan, but I want everybody to think about Don Eiley again. You know how long it took to put everything together. The IRS finally figured out what was happening after almost ten years.
Speaker 7: Ten years. Remember you have employees filing and getting refunds, getting refunds. They're filing their taxes based upon the pay stubbs. The IRS are literally sending out the refunds. Almost ten years later, the IRS finally goes, well, wait a minute, we don't have any money collected under that Social Security number for ten years. These these morons, these buffoons at the IRS literally have there's no tracking method. People yell at doze and what's going on. This is a perfect exam ample of how horrible the system is. And what was his BBB waiting? Oh yeah, oh god, doc, thank you for that. So after he was in federal prison.
Speaker 6: Don Eiley had a perfect a plus with the BBB. Thank you, But I digress now Steve, let's just concentrate on what he does. Yeah, first of all, it is completely untrue and correct me if I'm wrong that you have to lose your car or be in some kind of peril in order not to have a taxpayer advocate.
Speaker 7: Is that correct?
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's correct, And don't call the taxpayer advocate because they're going to push you off. They're completely speaking of those dose cut taxpayer advocate in half, so they've gotten very little resources. Unfortunately.
Speaker 7: Got it.
Speaker 11: But it's called a nine to one one form. So go online, go to IRS dot gov, look up nine to one one. Go ahead and put your notices together. Fill out that nine one one form. File that nine one one form with the Denver office. It may take them a while to get back to you, but once you file the form with him, then then you can call and say, hey, I filed the nine one one. Do you see that you've received it?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 11: Okay, how long until I get a case assignment number? And then once you have an assignment number, then you're actually talking to somebody about something as opposed to calling in Like you know a lot of people calling and where's my refund? All the rest. As you can imagine, they get thousands of those calls because if your IRIS is so backed up, So Michael a sort of advocate for yourself a little bit here. But once you get it filed, then you can pursue it. And if you have any questions, just give me a call. You can find me on that Harris Harris film a lot dot com.
Speaker 6: And I'll give you that phone number, Michael b Your first step the second we hang up, you're going to go onto that IRS dot gov.
Speaker 7: You're going to find the nine to one one form.
Speaker 6: Now, when you said, Steve file it with Denver, does it give it the option?
Speaker 7: I mean, do you fill it out and mail it in? Do you fill it out right online?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 11: You can fill it out online it tip. I would say that you go ahead and print it, sign it, and then you can actually fax it, or you can email it, or you.
Speaker 12: Can scan it, or you can.
Speaker 11: Physically mail it yet and just get it, just get it sent. We fax things because that the IRS US as the fax machine.
Speaker 7: Hey, Michael, Hey, Michael, I'm going to give you Listen, Michael, listen, You're going to do that first, because I'm running out of time on this call, you're going to do the nine to one one.
Speaker 6: I'm going to give you Steve's number. You got to give it a little time, but if nothing is moving again, you're gonna call Steve. Okay, Now, I'm going to tell you some good news out of all this. I don't know how much the FEDS owe you right now. How much do you think? Just make a guess. Okay, now, let's tack on seven percent from day one of that, and that's how much you're going to get. So the good news is you're literally making money right now with this. That might take a little longer to get maybe two or three months after he gets the nine grand typically, Steve.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean they're going to attach an in just components. It's owed and they withheld the money, so they give themselves thirty days and thirty days after the date when it's owed, and they started including interest, which is one of the very few times you actually get me from the irs.
Speaker 10: I'll actually pay you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's great. So I literally make a picture. I'm gonna tell you something, Steve, and then I've got to let both of you go. Dimitri go ahead and make quick comment.
Speaker 19: Okay, Steve, I heard, and I think it was from Mark that you overpay your taxes that earns interest that seven or eight percent. And it sounds like that's true. So if a guy wanted to have an alternative that he thinks of as a high yielding CD, could he intentionally overpay his taxes by I would say one hundred thousand dollars and we get there, definitely, and just wait and watch it earn seven or eight percent?
Speaker 2: Is that how that works?
Speaker 7: Well, it's also based on what they're charging.
Speaker 11: It's only as the IRS owes you beyond a certain date. So if you lets you make an estimated tax a pause of one hundred thousand dollars in your fourth quarter, yeh. Can you file your tax return timely and the IRIS does not return that to you on that overpayment within their alloted timeframes, then they're going to go ahead and start paying interest on that. But guess but they don't hold that money.
Speaker 6: Wait wait, wait, wait, I'm going to correct you on that, Steve.
Speaker 7: So, uh, you know what my situation was.
Speaker 6: The i R s owed me over one hundred grand for about what wasn't four or five years you were involved, So we literally find our finally got our check. I got seven to nine percent interest over five years.
Speaker 12: We got that back. Thanks for letting we know.
Speaker 7: Guess when we got it. You ready for this, Guess when we got it yesterday? Recently, hopefully yesterday. Really one hundred and thirty two thousand.
Speaker 12: It took us three years.
Speaker 7: It took us, those bastards, those bastards three years. I overpaid, and I said, they said you wanted to sit in the account. I said, why the hell would I want in the account? Send it back to me. We overpaid by one hundred grand. It took him three years to get me the check.
Speaker 19: Well, congratulations, but it sounds like my idea of intentionally overpaying just to earn that interest is not going to work.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 7: Well, it works for a period of time.
Speaker 11: You taking us to lottery, essentially, because that means that they're they're holding your money for a reason. Okay, and hopefully it's not. If it's a batterieson, then you're gonna get interest. But if it's a good reason, now you're getting automated. I'm not sure that's the best financial strategy.
Speaker 7: Steve, I should have told you that.
Speaker 6: Literally, we got to check yesterday Hey, I want everybody out there to know though Steve sizzick Uh he's with the Harris Law Firm.
Speaker 7: They're great people. Eight three three three six six.
Speaker 20: Before you let him go?
Speaker 7: Yeah, mind you Well, I have to take a break, Kelly.
Speaker 6: I've got no choice now, okay, stay on eight three three three six six zero three seven zero Harris Law Firm. Everybody, hold tight, I'm running so far back Larry and Paul. I promise you guys will be coming up.
Speaker 21: Hold on, hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until your content time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 7: Help.
Speaker 21: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We've got another call for Steve, so I'm going to deal with that then, we'll finish up with Michael, and then Larry's got a problem with identity theft. But I have to tell you about Paul the Waterman, the best for less. He's got a system right now thirty six hundred bucks. Not only does he get rid of the chlorine or lower the chlorine level, which is great for you, it gets rid of forever chemicals, all that microplasty that is in virtually everything we eat and drink. It gets rid of that in your house and not just a point of use, your entire house. And it softens the water for less than thirty six hundred bucks. It's good for may only. So I'd call and get it now, call up to competition. I dare you ask him how much for a system like that? You know what you're gonna hear about twelve thousand dollars. He's got it for thirty six hundred bucks. I have his system in my house waterpros dot net, Paul the Waterman, waterpros dot net. Now real quick, Michael, do you have any other questions for Steve?
Speaker 7: And then I've got to move on to other calls, sir.
Speaker 18: Yeah, one quick question. So looking at my W two forms, there is between twenty twenty four and twenty twenty three. The employer identification number is different by one number, but it has two different addresses, but it's the same LC as that possible.
Speaker 6: Well, it's possible because you're looking at it. But Steve, it sounds like they were just doing that. That's nothing Michael would do, right, that's going to be the employer.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that might be why they're not giving you a credit because you're claiming withholding from one entity and it's the foremost filed for another. So there's just a once again, it's systemic.
Speaker 6: But there's nothing getting around the factor saying zero for both.
Speaker 11: Yes, well, the IRIS is looking for you know, it is looking for withholding on one entity, but it's obviously there's nothing there, right, But if the IRS were directed to the correct entity, there might be a WT sitting on their system that then they could apply towards the account.
Speaker 7: Steve, when you say this is systemic, exact, what are you talking about? Like?
Speaker 6: I mean, are you getting this call over at the Harris Law Firm all the time?
Speaker 7: Now? Like for real, I get.
Speaker 12: These, I get these fairly often. I actually dealt with the.
Speaker 11: Situation like this for a family member of mine. So you know, it's just one of these things where when I say it's systemic, is because the system, the IRIS has to process one hundred million, you know, different tax returns every year and it's a system that's doing it. So if one number is off, it's just it's not gonna you know, how much of.
Speaker 6: It's farius like Don Eiley, how much of it is theft compared to stupidity?
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's most of its stupidity.
Speaker 11: I was a ninety percent of stupidity and user error and ten percent is you know, Tom foolery like Don Eiley, which was you know, it was a one off, but obviously the implications were so significant.
Speaker 6: Well, let me ask you with Don Eiley, like, legitimately, why did it take so long for the i r s. They were giving Joe blow Social Security number his refunds every single year for years and years and years, but but they're reported zero from the employer. Why did it take them so long to match that up?
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's just that's the I R s being overwhelmed. Uh, and you know, inefficient and their systems. You know, once again, I mean unless there's something that pings the system that that you know, is in some sort of you know, audit lottery. I guess they're not going to see it. You know, it's a voluntary reporting UH collections division and one of the most successful voluntary collections divisions in the world. And the IRIS a lot of times just realized on the figures you submit. So Michael, things can can go for a while.
Speaker 6: Michael, you've got to get on that nine to one one for man, I don't know how else to put it. Get that part and explain everything you heard today, tell them about the two different employer identification numbers and give Steve a call. But you got to give them a little time first, you know what I'm saying. There's nothing quick about it, man.
Speaker 11: Right, Definitely include the information on the the TWOI ensh.
Speaker 6: Include the information on the two ei ns, and if you can upload stuff or fact stuff, facts, all of it.
Speaker 7: I mean, complete the form.
Speaker 6: Just get it done, and like I said, you will get paid interest on it. And we do appreciate that call. And then Paul, what is your question?
Speaker 3: Can you hear me?
Speaker 7: Okay, I can hear you find Paul?
Speaker 3: Okay, what's a problem before say I'm retired in in my income only comes from Social Security and the back axis that I get. So there's no work holdings for traxes and I'm I'm being told by the.
Speaker 16: Department that I need to be paying.
Speaker 3: Quarterly estimating taxes. And they've already penalized me once for not doing that, so just for lack so this year they already penalize me. And I call them a couple of times and they insist that I have to be doing that. I don't understand that. I called the iron.
Speaker 7: All right, we get it. Steve any, Steve, any input you have there?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, you know, they're the government's talking about making Social Security income non taxable, but right now it is. And so you have to be taxes on that. If they're not withholding from your page from your Social Security checks, uh, then you need to go ahead and make payments of taxes on those manually. It's not like a paycheck, right, So if someone gets a paycheck, they withhold every time. You know that every two weeks they're pulling out of that check and it's going to the RS. If they're not withholding, then what you're you're basically a contractor and you're getting this income and the IRS wants to get it get its payments.
Speaker 6: Wait a second, save, of course I'm not on Social Security. Yeah, I've got a long waist to go. But I never realized. I always saw taxes were taken out of the check. I know, like for example, Medicare pricing is right.
Speaker 11: Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. And he just mentioned that they're not taking from a Social Security check. And I'll tell you, I'm not really sure a reason and why they do that or not.
Speaker 10: That's a CPA question.
Speaker 11: Yeah, okay, but if you're not getting your tax hold on you paid.
Speaker 3: My problem is not with the r rs. They said, I don't have to be making those friends.
Speaker 7: It's with the state of Colorado.
Speaker 3: I called IRIS this morning and she told me it says right on the screen here, I'm not required to be doing that now. One thing they told me kind of like what you were saying, is if I call the Social Security and tell them to start taxing my payments, that that that might get me out of making the courting repayments.
Speaker 6: How much do you end up Wait a second, Wait a second, I am curious on this. How much you make in Social Security and interest just per year? Is it over eighteen thousand? How much is it?
Speaker 3: Well, my sources Security monthly payment is about three thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Okay, and then how about interest? I mean, what are you about forty thousand? What did you make in twenty twenty four, Paul.
Speaker 3: Well, I owed the IRISIX sixteen thousand and I stayed about thirty eight.
Speaker 6: No, but Steve and I know you're not the account and you're on the other side. You know you're you're helping people that owe a lot of money. But you know if I owe if I don't pay my quarterlease and just pay it all before April fifteenth, I end up paying a pretty high interest rate, depending on what the interest rate is. So I would assume Paul should be having that money taken out with Social Security. That would solve this problem. Plus you're probably paying some form of penalty and interest to the IRS.
Speaker 15: Paul.
Speaker 3: No, like I said, I called that no problem. You don't send any money, you're up to date and you do not.
Speaker 7: No, that's Paul, you're missing me.
Speaker 6: I realize you don't owe them any money because you paid them six thousand or sixteen thousand or whatever amount you said. My point is, I bet if you look closely at your tax return or talk to whoever prepared it. You probably paid some penalty or interest. But Steve, would that be correct If you owe money and don't pay it till the end of the year, don't you typically pay interest for not paying quarterlies?
Speaker 10: You paid penalty?
Speaker 11: Yeah, So the you know, the rule is that you're supposed to pay one hundred percent of what you owe the previous year, or ninety percent of what you think you're going to owe with yeah, players ever a greater in the following year, and if you don't do that, they will penalize you on a factor of how much you owe the following year. So I think it's everything over six hundred dollars you're getting penalized each year. Yeah, because you didn't prepay those taxes. Those are called estimated tax positialties. It's the same for the state as the ir So you know, you should look at your return and I would assume or I would imagine that when you look at it, there's at the bottom there is an estimated text upon the penalty that's actually paid exactly. You haven't paid it to the state.
Speaker 6: So, Paul, I just want to emphasize this to you because you're calling for the wrong problem. I understand Colorado is giving you some issues. But if you go back and look at your tax return, I know you paid everything, but there was penalties in there because you owed the IRS money quarter one last year or whatever year or quarter we're talking about. So you want you want to start having that money taken out of your check and you're going to fix the problem you called about, and you're not going to be paying the penalties.
Speaker 7: Man, do you understand that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I understand.
Speaker 7: Awesome.
Speaker 3: I've looked return.
Speaker 7: There's no okay.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I called the IRS.
Speaker 6: Today, all right, Paul, I know they said you didn't know any money. I mean, I'd love to look at your tax returns though, but I wouldn't even feel comfortable asking you to send them to me. I highly suggest you look at him again because or have your CPA or someone look at him. I have never heard of anybody. I put them on hold. We can free that up. So, Paul, I'm trying to give you advice once. I have never heard of someone that doesn't pay quarterlease, unless if it's a very.
Speaker 7: Small amount of money.
Speaker 6: And I think he said sixteen thousand, So I've never heard of anybody that owed money for over a year plus going up to April fifteenth, that didn't pay any interest or any penalties because they didn't pay quarterlease. And I don't care. I mean, Steve, have you ever heard of anybody like that?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 11: No's that's just it's a pay as you go system. They got to keep it bykee on throughout the year and I'm just on April.
Speaker 6: Foseup, Okay, listen, I got to take this break once again. Steve, I truly appreciate you on and anybody out there. Steve can be reached through the Harris Law Firm eight three three three six six zero three seven zero eight three three three six six zero three seven zero Hey tell uh tell a rich And.
Speaker 7: It's Laura, is it kind of Lisa? Lisa Harris?
Speaker 12: I said, Hi, Yeah, Lisa and Lisa.
Speaker 11: They're familiar with you. They appreciate you and ID two as well. And thanks for letting me know about our successful case there. Man, that's warms my heart. You made my day.
Speaker 6: God for can you believe it till the period of time. And I do appreciate you getting that ball rolling big tight yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and you know, and they can find me on the website too. If they want to contact the text division directly, I'm definitely available.
Speaker 6: Awesome thanks Steve three oh three, I'm giving out the wrong number eight three three three six six zero three seven zero.
Speaker 7: Man, I've got a lot of catchup to do, Hank Tight, We have got a ton going on.
Speaker 21: Go with a sure thing Denver's best rufer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm pretty sure all those irs agents said Biden hired or through the Infrastructure bill. And by the way, I'm not getting political, I promise I don't care what side it is.
Speaker 7: I love when we pass a bill.
Speaker 6: What was the one where uh, I think it was called the infrastructure or the Anti Inflation bill or something crazy. They just name these bills. Whatever they think a stupid people are going to accept. I mean, if you really think about it, it's just a well it's obnoxious. And then the infrastructure bill, Why.
Speaker 7: In the hell do we have pots everywhere?
Speaker 6: I don't understand where this infrastructure?
Speaker 7: Where is it? Get on and say it, Mark, I mean you're we're on air. What do you say and no one can hear you?
Speaker 9: Polish what it's my understanding? Police does not like to spend money on roads.
Speaker 6: Well that's a parent I mean, my god, you can travel twenty.
Speaker 9: Five We passed a bill. I don't remember how many years ago we passed a bull bill. It was all the money was supposed to be going to our roads and it's not being spent there.
Speaker 6: It's crazy. We go over a I'm trying to think where that bridge is. I think it's in between Castle Rock and Franktown. I mean, it's like you're in Vietnam. There's there's freaking mortar shots in it.
Speaker 7: Two years ago.
Speaker 2: Do you think maybe all that money went to buy shovels for the shovel ready projects.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's then where is the infrastructure? And I'm being serious, we're learning now that are airlines. I mean, I didn't know Newark traffic was like out of Philadelphia International.
Speaker 7: How the hell does that even work? Like they strung a phone line. Where is this infrastructure bill that was passed three years ago or whatever it is?
Speaker 6: Where is this money? I mean, like literally, what have they done with it?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 8: It needs to be doged obviously.
Speaker 6: Well it's just insane to me because the country does need a not a facelift, It needs infrastructure a big time. It's crazy our airports and you know, by the way, DA, I'll say this, at least they work on a twenty four to seven. I don't think I've ever went to the airport where it's not torn apart. I mean it's crazy. It's absolutely nuts. You walk in there and there's just walls in holes of construction everywhere for the last.
Speaker 7: What ten years since they opened it. How about the luggage system we came up with that? Did they ever use it?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 7: Literally, I don't think they ever implemented it.
Speaker 8: I think they did for a couple of years and it just kept breaking.
Speaker 6: And while I'm on it real quick and I apologized everybody. I know people that some people hate this stuff, but I'm going to tell you the dumbest, the second dumbest, and the first dumbest thing I have heard in the last I don't know four or five days.
Speaker 7: We've got these.
Speaker 6: Crime cameras downtown and they've been deployed now for I don't know months or years even, and they have solved so many crimes.
Speaker 7: They take pictures of license.
Speaker 21: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 15: You don't pay cent until you're.
Speaker 21: Contenth time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, so listen after the break, we've got shamrock buildings. In update from yesterday, we got our expert on from referral list dot com. This guy spent fifteen thousand dollars for a steel building. He got the plans back and basically, what the plans had on him was a pole barn. He was not happy. They said, well, hold on, we'll redo it. They came back to him said the building's going to cost twenty thousand dollars more.
Speaker 7: He goes, no, I don't want it.
Speaker 6: I want my money back, and they're saying, nope, nope, nope, we're not giving you anything back. The only thing they have done so far is a design work. We're going to get into that after the break.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 6: I do want to finish up with these cameras. So Denver wants to get rid of these cameras, and the entire I guess it passed the city council.
Speaker 7: Every single one of them voted against it. It is stopped.
Speaker 6: It has led to the arrest of one hundred plus different people. It's the most insane thing in the world. But that's Denver for you. Thank you, Polist, Thank you Mike. We're going to be back very shortly.
Speaker 21: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 15: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 21: Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 17: Ripped of.
Speaker 4: News, you don't have, come running just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 5: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Welcome.
Speaker 7: My friends to the only show. If it's kind.
Speaker 6: We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. If you've been ripped off, maybe a bad contractor they never showed up, never finished the job, took half the money up front.
Speaker 7: You get the idea. That's what we do. We go after the bad guys. It doesn't matter who they are. It can be an attorney for that matter.
Speaker 6: We've literally gone after attorneys on this show, dentist's, medical people, you pretty much name it. We've done it over a forty five year period. You have any issues at all, three oh three Martino. That number is just like that three oh three Martino.
Speaker 7: It works on and off the air. So if you call after the show or before the show.
Speaker 6: If we do not answer, and if we can't help you right then and there, we will actually call you back. Help at troubleshooter dot com is the best email to reach any of us. That's help at troubleshooter dot com. Now I want to recap something real quick, and then I'm going to bring up our expert and the original caller.
Speaker 7: But Robert, I'll bring you up really fast. Air.
Speaker 6: Robert, you purchased a building from Shamrock LLC. In fact, I think, what is it Shamrock Construction, Shamrock Buildings.
Speaker 7: What was it called in Fort Collins?
Speaker 6: Shamrock building, Shamrock Buildings, And they're basically based out of Fort Collins. He spent fifteen thousand dollars. The building was going to be about eighty to eighty three thousand, and he got the plans back. He put fifteen thousand down on this building. They were going to go to Cleary Buildings and basically order the materials.
Speaker 7: Then they're a Cleary dealer. Then they're going to erect the building building and actually it's not a building.
Speaker 6: It was a carport. But when you got the plans back, you looked at them and instead of steal beams because you thought you were buying a steel building, it was actually wooden beams, almost like a pole barn.
Speaker 7: So far so correct. Yes, So then he calls up and he says, hey, this is not what we talked about. I didn't want this. I wanted a steal carport.
Speaker 6: And they say, oh, okay, well hold on And then how long did it take them to get back to you?
Speaker 2: A year?
Speaker 10: What a year?
Speaker 7: So a year later they get back to you.
Speaker 22: So originally I gave the money in twenty twenty four May, and I got back in twenty twenty five me that it would be twenty thousand dollars. Act three five want to replace the wood with metal?
Speaker 6: Why did it take Well, I do have a question for you, Robert. How long did it take you to realize it was going to be wood beams from the day You've got the plans.
Speaker 22: That once and I emailed that once that hey, that is is not metal, it's.
Speaker 6: Would and you I'm sorry, Robert, I didn't understand you. How long after you got the plans once?
Speaker 7: What is he saying? Someone tell me what is he saying? Right away? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 2: Robert no, he said six.
Speaker 8: Months, six months, okay, sorry, So six.
Speaker 6: Months later you emailed them and basically said go ahead, Robert.
Speaker 22: No, no, no, So when I got them, so that was the that was the I signed a contract. And after that time, when I got the plans in August, that once I emailed back that this is wood, I wanted metal, so that once I reacted once that was no question.
Speaker 7: I got you. So you're saying, at once, I get it.
Speaker 6: So soon as you got the plans, you noticed it, you reached out to him. Then it took them how long to get back to you with metal?
Speaker 13: This May?
Speaker 6: So they got back to him in May saying it's going to be twenty thousand dollars more. At this point he's like, no, I don't want to do it. So he requested a refund from Shamrock because they didn't give him the right price nor the right plans. From what he is saying, they discussed when he was there at the office or signing the contract. Then I also asked you, Robert, in the contract does it specify wood or steel?
Speaker 7: You said it does not.
Speaker 6: So we sent it over to one of our steel building experts, and I want to get his opinion. His name is Eric and he is with Great Western Buildings. In fact, you can check him out at GW Buildings dot com.
Speaker 7: But let me lock you in.
Speaker 6: So Eric, you kind of you breezed over and looked at the contract.
Speaker 7: Do you see what? Just tell me what you found?
Speaker 23: Well, I mean the I mean, the thing that blows my mind is just how vague this contract is, right, and I mean the terms and conditions that apply to it, you know, I mean, they're pretty clear. I'm surprised they're even offering anything back because it's clearly not refundable. But the the there's no spec or anything on the contract. It doesn't even other than the colors. I mean, usually for a building system, you know, the codes, the loads, the gauge of the material, the warranties, the primers, everything is called out on an order form or a contract. And nowhere in here I dug and dug through it to see where it would say that it.
Speaker 10: Was, would you know?
Speaker 23: And for me, you know, I'm in the industry, you know I can tell just by you know, just by the name, you know that it's likely a pole barn, and then of course with the pictures that attach. But I want to know from Robert, when did you tell them that you wanted a steel building rather than a pole barn? And is that in writing?
Speaker 22: So we discussed when it came out to my house. I discussed once. I said that I wanted metal, and I, you know, I assume that it's going to be metal. So when I got it, so I signed a contract in May twenty twenty four May, and I got the blueprint in August. And it's once an one.
Speaker 23: Now, now you got the blueprints in August. The ones that I'm looking at here appear that you would have gotten them in September. So did they send you a set of plans that showed wood in August before they sent you before they sealed them?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 22: No, no, sorry. Then then I got it. I believe August thirtieth when I got the the blue print. So it's it's when you look at it, it can be that September, beginning of September. That's beginning of September.
Speaker 12: I got them.
Speaker 23: But if you got them in August, and these are dated September third, did they send you a set before there was an engineer seal on them in the bottom right hand corner?
Speaker 22: No, no, it's it's it's that septemb.
Speaker 7: What is that? What kind of light would that shed on it? Why that question?
Speaker 23: Eric, Well, it comes down to the concept. They're claiming that they incurred, right, so they're going to argue, or at least if you know, I would argue that, hey, uh, we did all the engineering, we stamp, we sealed them, and then you told us you didn't want it, so there's our cost. If they sent over preliminaries and Robert said hey, wait, this is what and then they went ahead and sealed them and incurred the cost with the engineering, you know, that wouldn't really be fair.
Speaker 7: It's so it But you're saying the contract is so ambiguous. How do you how do you have a contract of someone building a car port and basically it just says we're going to build a car port. It doesn't get I mean, so if they built it out of ay, it would be okay.
Speaker 6: I would argue it's so ambiguous that the person that wrote the contract is going to be the one that's responsible for the ambiguity, and therefore the contract means nothing.
Speaker 23: Maybe, I mean it is it is so ambiguous, Like you said, you know, I don't think he would be okay, But yeah, they could make it out of pretty much.
Speaker 7: Seriously, it sounds like the little pigs over there, I mean they can.
Speaker 6: You're telling me reading through that it literally doesn't what does it say the size of it?
Speaker 23: Just the size and the colors on the roof and the walls or the not the walls, but the skirt walls, the you know, the softa closures and stuff, and the trim.
Speaker 6: That's so, give me an idea what your contract would say there? Would it say steel beams?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 23: Yeah, I mean it, you know, for a metal building contract, and I'm speaking for my industry, it would define, you know, what what kind of a what kind of framing it is? You know, obviously it's steel, but we still call it out, you know, ibeam or post and beam, you know or whatever. We call out the perlins, we call out the gauge of the metal. There's there's nothing here. We call out the base basing. They don't even call that out on the set of plans. I suppose actually in the drawings they sort of call that out, but I mean it's so vague. As a layman, I wouldn't expect anybody that is not in the industry or is not in construction to be able to understand just by this contract what the material is actually going to be.
Speaker 7: They're offering them half back.
Speaker 6: And I'll tell you why, because I don't think they have I personally this isn't legal advice, but I can tell you this over the years, when something that is that ambiguous, the person that drafted the contract is generally the one that's going to lose the case in front of a judge because they're the ones that drafted in.
Speaker 7: Okay, big deal.
Speaker 6: If I trick you into signing over your firstborn child to me in some little paragraph in the middle of a forty page document, for the life of me, I'm not going to end up with your kids be in slave labor forever. I mean, it's crazy. No one knows how to read that. So what would you Well, you wouldn't. I can't even ask you what you would do it in this situation, Eric, as far as the builder, because your contracts wouldn't be like this. What do you think they should do? And I know I'm putting you on the spot.
Speaker 23: Well, I'll just give you another example of what I would do. You know, just recently, I had a customers up in the mountains. He bought a thirty thousand dollars building from us, and our contract is clear, clear, clear on what services were providing. And one of the things that's not included is the foundation or the cost to erect the building. And I mean it's spelled out in plant. It's not buried in the terms and conditions. It's right there on the cover. Anyway, as he called in a week or two after he had bought it, and when he discovered, at least in his opinion, he says, hey, I thought you were going to put it up and do the concrete. We said no. I had my team go back and listen to the call to see if my salesperson had lied to him or you know, or if my salesperson had pulled him otherwise. And they never even discussed it. But we didn't do any work on the project. He was an older gentleman, and I said, hey, I'll give your money back. I just gave him his money back.
Speaker 6: Well, that's that's what should be done. I mean, once again, that's exactly what should be done. And I love the fact you went back and you were able to listen into the sales call and figure out what was going on. All right, Eric, I appreciate all your input and looking at that contract, so you would definitely say that contract and not just you and you guys built my building. I'll say it again. And it's been standing perfectly. It looks like the day you built it. My goodness, what seven years ago. Whatever it's been. It's a great building. It's a big r V garage. They insulated it, doors, windows, everything. But you would say, whether it's you or I hate this, I went and met with this company before I met you, the general, all these other companies, even these that I call scams basically, and the reason I call them scams, they always have your size building in stock ready for delivery. I mean like literally you call them up and go, I'm looking for a thirty by fifty. I want it red, I want a metal roof. I want it insulated. Oh you're in luck. Someone just canceled it. We have one at half price. To me, it's just all bs. But even those people looking at that contract, you would say that is not industry standard for a metal building.
Speaker 23: One that is not for a metal building, and a pole barn's a different kind of a different breed yep, I'm for it. How simple and just.
Speaker 6: Vague I got you, Hey, man, I really appreciate it. And you can find Eric and GW Great Western Buildings on our referral list at referral list dot com. And I can vouch for these guys. They did a great job, everything straightforward. In fact, when you buy a metal building, I'll say this, hey, but listen, Robert, I'm going to come back to you after the break because I've got some ideas how we can try to get all your money back.
Speaker 7: But I do want to say this.
Speaker 6: When you order a steel building, you better understand they're quoting you originally. And this is what the general did to me, and I did not like how they worked. I looked at the contract. I was like, wait a minute, I don't see windows, doors, insulation, I don't see anything in here. You're talking about just as part of it. But that's pretty standard in that industry. So when you get a price on a still building that doesn't include windows, man mark, you're looking at me like you want to go ahead.
Speaker 9: No, no, I understand you, and you're right. You got to look at those contracts. And we go through this all the time, all the time. Yeah, Oh I thought you were going to I said no, we never said we were going to do that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's crazy, So you better know what you're getting into on these Everybody hold tight. We got a lot coming up. I'm going to finish up with Robert. But I got a really good idea, and the first is this, Kelly. I want you to try to call Shamrock and get them on the phone so I can talk to them directly on the air.
Speaker 21: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 7: Hey, don't forget.
Speaker 6: You can watch us and listen to us on YouTube. Go to YouTube dot com type in Troubleshooter Network. You'll see our live stream every day and you can also check us out on the iHeart app and or just ask watch this. I'm gonna trigger everybody's Alexa turn on the Tom Martino Troubleshooter Show. There now, everybody's yelling at me, all right, three seven one three eight two five five Robert, here's what I'm thinking, man, I'm gonna try to get them on.
Speaker 7: Kelly.
Speaker 6: Did you reach out to Shamrock. She's on with them right now. I'm gonna put you back on hold. I'm hoping we can get Shamrock Uh to basically, in my opinion, do the right thing.
Speaker 7: I don't like any part of this.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna send that contract, if needed, over to one of our attorneys, and I want under everybody to understand what I'm saying if a contract is ambiguous, and I brought up a crazy example of okay, so they can make the building or the car port in Robert's case, at a hay, or at a brick, or at a stone, or at a cement, or at a wood or at a steel out of anything. It doesn't say anything. But when they had the conversation, according to one of the party, Robert, they talked about a steel building. Well, this is far from a steel building when the plans show up with wood. So I don't understand why these guys just cut the whole thing loose with the guy. What did they say, Kelly?
Speaker 20: I got hung up on three times?
Speaker 15: Why what do you mean?
Speaker 20: What do you do even identify myself?
Speaker 7: What do you mean? So you just call up and they just what like literally you call up and they just click.
Speaker 20: I said I was referred, and they asked me what it was regarding. Yeah, and I said I was referred and I'd like to speak with Jacob, who Robert spoke with.
Speaker 7: And they just hung up on me.
Speaker 6: They just hang up three times. Well, okay, why don't we try do me a favor? Try this tactic? What you call up and say, I'm Kelly calling from the Troubleshooter Show. We've got a problem. One of your clients is on the air right now. Try that for me, please, and then hold on, Robert, just hold on. I don't want to light these guys up till we give them every opportunity. All I want to understand is why, for goodness sake they just won't refund the whole thing. Here's the other question. There's no way it's because they're a clearly authorized dealer. Those plans cost them seventy five hundred bucks or seven thousand, Robert, how much do they offer him to refund?
Speaker 7: Right now?
Speaker 22: How much from the so it's with fourteen five hundred, so seven five hundred, okay.
Speaker 6: Or let's figure out what plans like that actually cost. In fact, you know what, Suzanne domia Favor, call Eric and ask Eric how much plans like that cost? Seriously, how much the plans that he's looking at would cost him to have an engineer WEDB stamp. I'd like to know that just a ballpark a real number. I'm guessing five hundred bucks. I'm guessing. And if they own five hundred bucks, fine, the guy signed a contract. He should have looked it over. But it's so ambiguous. None of this matters. So just let let's do this. I got to take a deep breath home. Frank, what's going on with you?
Speaker 7: Frank? You're up, Frank.
Speaker 14: To mute you?
Speaker 7: Hey, Frank, no problem. What's going on man? What's your question?
Speaker 3: Sir?
Speaker 7: Well, hey, I appreciate your holding. By the way.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I just thought you click, I said, Oh my god, it's just like those other guys. I'm just kidding. My mom passed away last year right before Easter, right, and I'm the youngest of four. Okay, I was just wondering, is this public record if they had like what if she had a will and they got like half a million bucks? But they tell see they live in New Mexico. I live in Wyoming.
Speaker 7: And well, when you say they, do you mean the other three siblings?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, so did you get anything out of the will? Did you get a chance to see the will? Is there a will that you know of?
Speaker 10: They said there was just a couple of hundred bucks. Okay, well, there was some gas money in shell be but they have three of them have new cars.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we get this call up that they just got.
Speaker 6: But do you think does your gut say you were and I'm being serious so we can get to the bottom of this, but do you think there was a lot of money? I mean, it's your mom, I mean, what do you know?
Speaker 10: It's just wise to she wasn't even sick, but it is wise to just get a little policy on somebody.
Speaker 6: So you're you're thinking maybe there was a life insurance policy.
Speaker 10: Right, and they just didn't tell me about it.
Speaker 7: How old.
Speaker 10: Was she eighty eight?
Speaker 6: There's not a lot of eighty eight year olds with a life insurance policy. Brother, I'm not saying there's none, but you generally don't run out at seventy five and get a life insurance policy. I mean she might have had a whole life or something building up. Were you disconnected from your mother?
Speaker 10: No, I wasn't. But that's actually a long story. But is it public record?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 10: No, Oh, you can't just look it up.
Speaker 7: No, you can't just look it up.
Speaker 6: In fact, in fact, it's a little stranger than that. Let's say someone had a life insurance policy I don't know, through their work or something and never told their spouse or didn't tell their siblings or the beneficiaries or anything. Eventually that money might the state, the insurance company will turn it over to the state, like in Colorado. I think it's a great Colorado payback and maybe event I think it's called the shoot fund. I can never pronounce that, but it'll eventually go in there. But there is no place unless you're a part of the will or especially a trust, actually a will. I'm trying to think if it wasn't put in the will, let's say you had a life insurance policy and you forgot you had one. I wonder how anybody would find it. Let's get Dan McKenzie on the quick answer. The quick answer, Frank, though, is no, there is no place I can go to look and find out.
Speaker 7: But let's find out. Let's find out how you would start trying to find out. Does that make sense?
Speaker 10: Yes, that makes sense.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Hold on a second.
Speaker 6: The money, But do you think do you think your siblings are putting the screws to you?
Speaker 10: Well, see, the thing is that even though there I'm the youngest, I'm the most successful, you know, so I've got a lot of stuff and properties, et cetera. So they probably figured he doesn't need it.
Speaker 7: So you think you're putting the screws to you? Or do you think, let's.
Speaker 6: Say there was money, I don't care if it's life insurance, some form of asset. I'm curious and answer this honestly, It's got really nothing to do with your question, which we'll get into. But do you think maybe your mom cut you out or do you think if there was an asset, your siblings are just taking it and cutting.
Speaker 10: You out right because they said there was nothing.
Speaker 7: And if you're the most successful.
Speaker 6: Out of curiosity, why would they offer you a couple hundred bucks and you said for gas money.
Speaker 10: Because that's what they said. They said, there was no way on of it's here. This will help you, you know, buy a sandwich. Okay, right, And I'm fine with that.
Speaker 7: But but you're the most successful in the family.
Speaker 10: I think so, just as far as maybe equal maybe equal me and my brother.
Speaker 7: Okay, hold tight, hold tight.
Speaker 6: We're going to try to get Daan McKenzie on Robert. We're trying to get through to them. In fact, I might have I got a secondary option, Dmitri off Air. I would like you go find out if Kelly got through to them the second time. Call Shamrock. Really listen. I don't want to low this company up. What I just want to understand, Suzanne. Did you get a number from our guy?
Speaker 7: What did he say? Roughly one thousand?
Speaker 6: So those plans cost about a thousand bucks, and that's from an industry insider. They're saying, hey, we'll just charge you seven thousand, five hundred or whatever.
Speaker 7: Robert said half of it, you know, a thousand bucks.
Speaker 6: I would find fair whatever their hard cost is, and that's fine. But to charge him this money with the contract that bs I just don't agree with. So would you see where you can figure out I did.
Speaker 7: Talk to them. What they say, Kelly, he was not willing to come on. Okay, did he give you? Did you ask for any of the information?
Speaker 20: Though now he is very aware of the person okay of Roberts. Yeah, and he basically turned the entire thing back on him and said he was not contacting him back about the issue.
Speaker 6: Oh, hold on a second, I got to take a break. But Robert, when's the last time who was that that you talk to?
Speaker 7: Kelly?
Speaker 6: What's the name Jacob? When's the last time you talked to Jacob? Jacob saying you have not contacted them?
Speaker 16: We didn't talk.
Speaker 22: We were emailing back and forth.
Speaker 6: Hey, do me a favor, Robert. I want you to call Jacob right now. I have to go to a break. I want you to call Jacob then call us back. I want you to do that right now before we go any further, because Jacob's saying he wants to talk.
Speaker 7: To you about it. He's waiting for your call. And Frank Manny, Mike hold tight.
Speaker 15: Go with a sure thing.
Speaker 21: Denver's best rufer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 7: Help.
Speaker 21: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three three seven one three eight two five five. Jacob is calling or I'm sorry, Shamrock Jacob the guy that sold this guy the still building Roberts still Building. They're gonna call each other right now and then we're gonna get an update on that. And I'm very curious where that goes. But real quick, we got one line open three oh three seven one three eight two five five. By the way, this hour brought to you by Frank Duran, the real estate man Frank Duran dot Frank Duran Holmes dot com. Frank sold our house in Castle Rock and got us more for that house than the same model in the entire neighborhood. And it was called it's called red Hawk, and he just did a great job. He's got the secret sauce. He sells more homes. Listen to this, more homes in one month than most realators in Colorado selling one year. Think about that most realators sell I think maybe it's thirteen. You know, he's way past one hundred a year. It's incredible. Sells more, makes you more money. Frank drand homes dot Com. Mike, what's your comment on steel buildings?
Speaker 13: Are you talking to me? Mark?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Mike, what's up?
Speaker 16: Man?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 13: Yeah, okay, Hey, you know what. I've been building these things for forty years.
Speaker 3: Wow, and you know, and I do other stuff.
Speaker 6: But anyway, where do you generally buy them? Where do you get the actual what factory do you use?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 13: Actually, you can usually order all your stuff yourself, either.
Speaker 24: Through a home depot.
Speaker 13: Used to use them woods.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, but I mean you're talking I got it. But you're talking smaller buildings. I mean you're not talking a four hundred by eight hundred steel building through home depot.
Speaker 13: No, no, no, no. But see here's what happened, and I guarantee this is what happened. He ordered a metal building.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and the.
Speaker 13: Fellow from Cleary who Cleary builds pole barns. Polebarns usually have wood posts and everything else that would framing. But it's still considered a metal building by Cleary because most people look at the outside and going, look, it's all metal. And if Robert went around pricing out all steel buildings, Safer Heritage or some of these other outfits, he was probably went, Wow, these are expensive, and then he went to Cleary, who's a budget builder.
Speaker 7: I don't know. Well, first of all, Clear clear clearly is not a budget builder. But I do agree if you go look him up. I mean it says wood frame.
Speaker 6: But remember he actually bought it from a company named Shamrock, who just happens to be a Cleary dealer.
Speaker 21: Oh.
Speaker 13: I'm not saying anybody in here is an angel on this thing. I'm just saying there was a lot of assunctions made, and I kind of think that, you know, the sham Rock bell, it wasn't trying to pull one over to him. It was a metal building. Robert, on the other hand, was going, I'm saying metal and he's thinking all metal.
Speaker 6: Well, when I bought mine, I wanted all metal. I didn't why would someone buy a metal building that's held up by stick.
Speaker 2: Why, hey, I can shed some light on that.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, hold on, hold on, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Maitre guys.
Speaker 19: I've been looking at Shamrock Building's website, and right there on the landing page it says exclusive cleary post frame building, pole, barn and residential constructor. It looks like the so exclusively cleary stuff. I've looked at about a dozen photographs of their buildings, and I've looked at many many pages on their website. There is absolutely nothing here calling these buildings steel buildings. In fact, one of the buildings under construction photos that I looked at is clearly wooden frame structure. I can't find anything here on their website where they hold themselves out to be dealers or constructors of steel buildings. So and I agree with you, Mark, The contract sounds extremely ambiguous, right, and I don't think that anybody can infer from that contract that it's going to be an all steel building, especially since all parties have an opportunity to even check out the website.
Speaker 6: What I'm staring at here says cleary building court buildings use steel panels for roofing and siding, even though the structural frame is made of wood, and that's exactly what you're seeing.
Speaker 19: I think our caller just went to the wrong dealer. He wanted to buy a steel.
Speaker 6: He actually these people told him it was the steel, so okay. Then this guy says he's an expert on it. We had an expert on how do you define steel building? If I go to the General and buy a steel building? How does that come?
Speaker 7: Mike?
Speaker 13: Oh? When you find from the General you're buying a kit that's delivered.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, fine, I'm buying a kit that's delivered. Is it all or is there wood.
Speaker 23: In the kit?
Speaker 13: It's always all steel? Okay, somebody like that?
Speaker 6: And then Great Western, who I bought mine from, is all steel. So how does someone I guess we're trying to blame the caller now. But my assumption is, especially because we got hung up on three or four times. Although I don't know if it was the best tactic ever used, I just I wonder I wish I was there for the conversation.
Speaker 7: How's that?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Yo?
Speaker 7: I honestly, the fact, Mike, I understand what you're saying.
Speaker 6: You think he got four or five quotes, and those four or five quotes were all steel buildings from whomever, and they came in and let's just make numbers up one hundred thousand. He calls up Shamrock and basically he gets a quote of eighty one thousand. Okay, that's fine, But I still say, the guy thought it was all steel.
Speaker 19: Yeah, he thought that, And it sounds like he didn't specify that in the contract. So the caller does bear some responsibility in this matter. And I wasn't there for the conversation between the caller and the salesman at the time they signed the contract. But I can see just based on very very clearly what it says on Shamrocks and Shamrock.
Speaker 6: So I'm gonna look at that over the break. Everybody hold on, I got to take this break. Shannon yelling at me, Uh, thank you Mike for that call.
Speaker 7: I minute, thank you.
Speaker 21: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 7: Help.
Speaker 21: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. I'm gonna bring Robert back up real quick. Robert, you were not able to get a hold of Jacob over at Shamrock. Yeah your name? No, okay, No, I got to ask you something though. Man Dimitri pointed something out to me.
Speaker 7: If you go to their website, it is obvious that all they do is Cleary Buildings.
Speaker 6: In fact, I even went to the wayback machine and went to twenty twenty one and even back then, what does it say on their front of their website?
Speaker 2: Well, uh, currently it says.
Speaker 7: Just hold on, Robert, dammit, hold on.
Speaker 19: It says that they're exclusively a Cleary dealer.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what else? Keep going?
Speaker 2: Exclusive?
Speaker 19: Cleary, post frame buildings, Comma, pole bar in Comma, and residential constructor.
Speaker 7: And that's all Cleary does is post bar.
Speaker 19: And I snooped all over their website and the words steel building never ever appear here.
Speaker 2: From what I've seen.
Speaker 19: Furthermore, I clicked a tab called our work and they're probably about fifteen photos of what they are built, what they're building, and.
Speaker 7: They start with would.
Speaker 19: One of them is work in progress and it's just in framing stage, and all it is is Woulden frame.
Speaker 6: And if all they do is Cleary Buildings, that's what Cleary does in their kits is WOULD. So I guess I'm asking you now, why did you think you were getting a still building. I still hate the way their contract reads, and I hate the fact they're trying to charge you more, and I hate the fact that you left there with not what they were describing to you, at least from what you've told us. But did you not even go to their website?
Speaker 22: I thought it's going to be a metal building.
Speaker 12: What I realize I believe them.
Speaker 7: I truly believe the caller.
Speaker 2: What did you say you were about to realize later?
Speaker 22: I only realized when I got the plan.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, And you contacted them right away and said I want this to Metri.
Speaker 7: Here's hold on, Robert.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty much on air until we get something from Cleary or from I'm sorry, Shamrock Buildings, and for Collins, just call him up. Talk to him. You know you're good at this. Call him up and see if they'll at least go down and give him a little more of a refund the second he got the plans.
Speaker 7: It took him six months to get the plans.
Speaker 6: You know, if they keep a thousand or two thousand, that's fine, but to keep seven five hundred. I truly believe the guy when he says he thought it was a metal building.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I agree.
Speaker 19: And by the way, we have a gentleman named Matt who was a witness to the deal.
Speaker 7: Correct.
Speaker 20: Yes, And by the way, hold on, hold on, we've got music here, We've got a lot more.
Speaker 6: I'm not turning this in to the metal building hour though we've got four other calls. Let's call him and we'll update that. Tell Matt I will talk to him, though I do want to hear that.
Speaker 20: I did want to tell you that I called them for a fifth time and they did hang up on him.
Speaker 21: All right, Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 15: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 21: Leave time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Rid you need advice, you don't.
Speaker 15: Have run anxiousness as we can show.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 5: Man is the Troubleshooter Show Now, Tom Martinez.
Speaker 7: Welcome my friends to the only.
Speaker 15: Show of it's kind.
Speaker 6: We're here to all problems, create a little chaos and help you out to the tune of over three hundred million dollars cash, merchandise exchanges refunds. Got some great guests in studio. We haven't spent a lot of time, but really important information. You know Mark Schamansky, Matt Stanford. Matt is with Paragon Services, and let me tell you what he does real quick insurance companies. When you have a claim, they send out an adjuster, and the adjusters always do adjust. They tend to adjust whatever it costs to fix or what's insured down. I've yet to see an adjuster adjust up in almost any claim, you need someone on your side, and that's Matt.
Speaker 7: And I'm not going to go into the details because I have in the past, but basically, I've had two times with my own insurance company, one of them being Safeco. Do you remember the other company it was?
Speaker 25: It was all it was a California company, California Casualty or something like that.
Speaker 7: That was the first claim.
Speaker 6: Both homeowners both times said I no damage. I got Matt involved. One time over eighty thousand. In this last time, uh thirty six thirty seven somewhere around there, almost forty thousand. So think about that. Both times the insurance company said nothing. The big one, I'm looking at all my neighbors getting new roofs and I'm going, how do I have no damage? But like half of frank Town's getting new roofs. So Matt came out and he sprinkled his magic fairy dust and I got a check.
Speaker 7: So it's pretty incredible. Matt.
Speaker 6: What's the biggest one you've done? The one I always think of was a Boulder fire right. I always want to say it was a furniture store, but it wasn't.
Speaker 7: It was like, oh, big laboratory.
Speaker 25: Yeah, I wish I could remember how many square feet, But anyway, it was Liberty Mutual and they did they offer him they sixty thousand up front to clean sixty.
Speaker 7: Thousand dollars Mark.
Speaker 6: Can you imagine this that your insurance company goes sixty thousand. Why did they reach out to you? Did they just think the sixty thousand was outrageous or what?
Speaker 25: Yeah, that's it was by some kind of trust in California and they looked at the number. We can't even get anyone to show up for that. And it's smoke damage, right, so you can't just spun that.
Speaker 7: That's hard to deal with.
Speaker 25: It is and they have all this laboratory equipment and tunnels going through and so anyway, after it was a year long fight, how much six million?
Speaker 7: Think about that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean that's like that's like a trifecta in horse racing odds. I mean, think of that, sixty thousand, just six million dollars.
Speaker 7: I want one of those of a year. That'd be nice. That would be nice.
Speaker 6: In fact, there's a lot of public adjusters that only do those right.
Speaker 7: Right, But you'll go out and do.
Speaker 6: A lot of stuff, play clean up for people, and you pay Matt a percentage of the whole job. If you get involved like kind of roof claim in the beginning, what is typically your percentage?
Speaker 7: It's it's always ten percent.
Speaker 25: So if I'm stepping in it at the beginning, you know it's going to be ten percent for running the claim for you. And that's the easiest, cleanest way to do it. If I have to retroactively mop up something that's been denied or under paced, more, it's going to cost more and it's going to be difficult and take longer.
Speaker 7: Yes, so think about this.
Speaker 6: Would you rather have pay someone ten thousand dollars on one hundred thousand dollars claim or would you rather the insurance company give you forty thousand? So would you rather have ninety thousand or would you rather have forty It's a pretty simple answer no matter how you look.
Speaker 25: At it, And I take all the headache away from you. You know, you sit back, let me do my job, and you get money in the mailbox.
Speaker 7: But if you think you did get ripped off, I'll give you a big one. We had.
Speaker 6: We had a lady with the skylight issue and basically they offered her I want to say six or eight hundred dollars after her deductible, so they were going to give her a total of like eighteen hundred dollars minus one thousand dollars deductible. They basically cut her a check for eight hundred and you ended up getting like sixty seventy maybe one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 7: I mean, it was an.
Speaker 6: Absurd difference no matter how you look at it. But the examples are crazy. And that's what Matt does. Then Mark Schamansky, his his people are actually at my house right now. Omar painted my house on the exterior five God, I lose track time five plus years ago.
Speaker 8: I think around five years ago.
Speaker 6: It still looks brand new, Mark, It's it's incredible. And they do way more than paint. They do siding, they.
Speaker 7: Do stucco, they do decks, they do fences, they do basement remodels.
Speaker 6: I saw that beautiful detached garage you did. I think it was somewhere around Golden A gorgeous project. I mean you built that from the that was up sat a kit or you put it together and design together.
Speaker 8: But you know, we don't do a lot of ground up, but we do occasionally.
Speaker 6: And then how about like additions onto a house. Is that considered ground up?
Speaker 9: Yes, our additions, you know, I shy away from that. That's not as much of our thing. We'd rather remodel what you got, you.
Speaker 7: Know, basement decks, yellow bathrooms.
Speaker 8: Basements, roofs, roofs. I mean, Matt and I obviously worked together a lot.
Speaker 6: You guys work big time in fact, because you come in you've got to out of a good contractor that can come in and actually go Okay, well that's gonna cost this much. You figure out, Matt where the coverage is right.
Speaker 25: And that's why Mark Shamansky and I we make such a good team because the first question I asked people is do you have a contractor? And most of them say no, And who do you recommend? And being in this business long enough, I've vetted all the contractors.
Speaker 21: I know.
Speaker 7: You know, Genesis is great. So it's a one two punch.
Speaker 25: I take care of the background, and then Shamansky and his team going.
Speaker 7: A pretty big size job.
Speaker 6: I mean, there's there are certain times where you can absorb.
Speaker 7: Some of that cost of that that.
Speaker 6: Percentage right, yeah, So I mean a lot of times, in other words, they're getting a fully covered deal.
Speaker 25: Yeah, most of the time with our team, they're really only responsible for their deductible.
Speaker 6: And a lot of people don't realize. And we've got an expert of Dan, I'm gonna come to you in a second. We've got Frank with a question.
Speaker 7: But a lot of people don't realize.
Speaker 6: For example, if they have multiple things wrong with their house. So let's say it's a hailstorm and they have sighting damage, mark, they have roof damage, and they have deck damage, but they could even have landscaping damage. There's a clause in most homeowners' policies where there's ten percent overhead in profit paid out crypt there's a general contract.
Speaker 9: Ten percent overhead, ten percent profit and so and then that's kind of how Matt gets paid out of these.
Speaker 7: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And so really, even though they're paying you ten percent, they're really not paying you.
Speaker 25: Ten much as I got the overheaded profit included. And there you go, there's the fluff to cover it.
Speaker 6: There's the fluff to coverage. So I just want people to kind of understand how that works. So you use these guys going into it.
Speaker 7: So when the.
Speaker 6: Hailheads, that's what you do. First, you got to make sure you have damage. Do not call your homeowners after a hailstorm. You call either Mark over here. He can come out see if there's damage. If there is, he'll get Matt involved to deal with the insurance side of it. And they're going to optimize that claim. That's the best way to put it. They're going to optimize it, or in my case, they literally got it paid. Hey, Dan mackenzie, I've got to ask you something. Frank called up. He thinks his siblings are putting the okie doke on him. They're in New Mexico. I assume he's in Colorado. The mother passed away about a year ago. Okay, he's in Wyoming, doc So the mother passed away about a year ago, and he thinks there was possibly life insurance. I'm not sure why he thinks that, but he thinks they're keeping it all. And let's say let's say someone has life insurance but never even tells anybody.
Speaker 7: Maybe they got it through work.
Speaker 6: What ultimately happens does the insurance company eventually have to turn it over to the state and the state tries to track you down.
Speaker 7: So two different scenarios.
Speaker 6: One, how does Frank find out if his mother had a life insurance policy, that's his question.
Speaker 24: I mean that is tricky because they're obviously really incentivized to go out and figure out if their insured party has died.
Speaker 12: There are a lot.
Speaker 24: Of unclaimed policies out there, Frankly, so I mean, you got to do some groundwork. I mean, it's unfortunate if the family's not talking to him because that obviously would be a source of information. And I don't know what he's done if he specifically asked them or not, and they specifically denied it.
Speaker 6: Hey, frank did you ask them if there was a life insurance policy?
Speaker 21: Yes?
Speaker 16: Yeah, they said there was, I think like five grand.
Speaker 10: It was something, and they gave you a couple of hundred books.
Speaker 7: So they gave him.
Speaker 6: A couple hundred bucks, you know, didn't show him the will or anything, and said there was a five thousand. That sounds like the one you buy on a late night TV for everybody's qualified, even if you're one hundred and forty for twenty bucks a month, man.
Speaker 24: I mean, if he was a name beneficiar in that policy, they would have made a checkout to him. So it's weird that it would go to the family and somehow they would have.
Speaker 6: How did they pay you, Frank, They just gave you some cash. So if you were him and you really thought something nefarious was going on, where would you start a.
Speaker 13: Boy?
Speaker 24: I mean, it really is a tricky question. I guess if they're not willing to answer, who was this policy through? And again, I mean I think if if he was a named beneficiar in the policy, they would have written a check to him and the family could not have cashed it. It would have had to give him a check.
Speaker 7: Well, that's go ahead, Frank.
Speaker 10: Here's where the tricky Here's where the tricky part. It wasn't really just a good feeling. It's just that there is a house that's paid for it. And I keep saying, hey, aren't you guys gonna put that on paper because if you have.
Speaker 6: So, let's let's just rephrase it to you. Dan, he thinks he's getting once again screwed or oki.
Speaker 3: Dope.
Speaker 7: That's where I started this.
Speaker 24: If there's a house, then that probate has to be opened. There's no way to transce that house without approbate. He can open it. He is an interested party, like he does not have to wait for them to open this probate, you should you should?
Speaker 6: Well, we say that, we say that, Dan, like like Frank's going to figure out how to do that. What you're really saying is Frank needs to hire an attorney. And because this is in Wyoming or wherever he does, he need to hire an attorney in that state.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I mean, where the hellse New Mexico where the probate is going to happen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yep, I don't care if it's Hawaii. He's got to hire an attorney there.
Speaker 10: Yeah, right, right on. Well, I think that's that's it. It's it's really just suspicion, you know, feeling by the way Mark you kicked but and I used to hate you.
Speaker 15: Well, I'll be Dan.
Speaker 10: I think Tom Tom got soft in his in his age.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well Tom's we need Tom's doing. I appreciate that. I'm going to put you on the wold dough. Hey, Dan, I appreciate you coming on as always. I wanted to ask you something else, something you taught me. God yours a go. If something's in a trust though, and I think I'm being cut out of a trust.
Speaker 7: Trust aren't public record at all? Correct?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So the only way is really to hire an attorney and petition the court to look into the estate. I mean, if someone really thinks they were cut out of a trust or the siblings or whoever's getting all the money, and the trustee doesn't want to talk to you, I mean, really, what are your options?
Speaker 24: Yeah, I mean you might need to file a lawsuits actually, not even a probate case, because it's really like, once things are in a trust or not necessarily under the jurisdiction of the probate court, that can be a little bit of a tricky decision to make as far as whether you're opening a probate case or filing a lawsuit. But yeah, it might take court action. That is one of the benefits of trust. Actually, if you are cutting someone out, it makes it a heck of a lot harder for them to figure out to exactly what's going on and challenge it. So, you know, sometimes we want to accomplished that.
Speaker 6: If somebody passes away along the same thing, Let's say that caller right there, there's a house involved. Let's say it wasn't the mother's name that passed away, nothing was owed on it. It's worth whatever, five hundred thousand, and if she didn't have a will, but she had four kids and the husband has already passed away the four kids without, without a will at all or a trust, the four kids would each get twenty five percent, right, It.
Speaker 24: Seems like that would be the answer. It depends on New Mexico. A lot of that seems like it's almost definitely the answer.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 7: In Colorado it would definitely.
Speaker 8: Be the answer.
Speaker 6: You're saying, Yeah, so I think he might have something there. I mean, as crazy as it sounds, he probably should at this point reach out to an attorney in New Mexico and just starts snooping.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 24: I mean, if there's a house like that's all the ownership is public record. You can get that dage from a clerk or barter's office. And like I said, there's no way to transfer house without a probate case.
Speaker 7: I just can't do it.
Speaker 24: That unless there's a beneficiary date. I don't know if New Mexico has those like Colorado does, but that would be public accord too, So there are easy ways to figure out what's going on if there's a house insurance policy.
Speaker 10: Not so much all.
Speaker 6: Right, Listen, Dan McKenzie, I always say this, he is a wealth of information, whether you have will and you've had kids since, or now you have assets and you're wondering do I need to trust?
Speaker 7: Maybe you've got.
Speaker 6: Parents that are aging into their eighties and you might start thinking about protecting some of their assets from say the medicaid system, if they ever have to go into long term How about asset protection in general. This is the guy, Dan McKenzie. I do appreciate you coming on as always. You can find Dan at eight three three co Plans eight three three co plan or cooplans dot co.
Speaker 7: You're gonna love this guy.
Speaker 6: Everybody holds tight Manny Matt Troy your next Matt's got a comment on No. Matt apparently is a witness, a witness to Shamrock. If you've been following the show today Shamrock telling the caller that it's a metal building, all metal, We're gonna hear from him first.
Speaker 21: After this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 15: You don't pay a cent until you're content than.
Speaker 21: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find Out Now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: Three three seven one three eight two five five. By the way, I want to tell you about a gridge door company.
Speaker 7: There was a.
Speaker 6: Big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big lot of money that came in and bought up a lot of the little guys. And you think you're dealing with uh one company that maybe had been around Colorado for a long time, while you're not. You're dealing with a conglomerate that owns about ten different companies.
Speaker 7: So the people that we like, the people that we use.
Speaker 6: One clear choice Doors dot Com and these guys have show rooms up and down the front range.
Speaker 7: If you're looking.
Speaker 6: For either a new garage door of course, and it doesn't matter what kind, or a new opener. They're a great company. Chappie started it. He's a marine, and he runs it very well, and you'll get good pricing and they can come out and do a tune up, install a new door. They did a couple openers for US, but one clear choice doors dot Com. Now Manny has been holding forever. But real quick, Manny, Matt, what is your comment? You said you were a witness to the steel building deal. Were you there and what did they say? And to recap real quick, we had a caller up Robert. Robert bought a steel building, or he thought he was from a company called Shamrock Buildings in Fort Collins. When they sent him the plans for the building, the engineered wet stamp plans for the building. There was wood involved. The polls were wood, and he said, I.
Speaker 7: Don't want wood. I wanted the all steal we talked about. They came back and said that's going to be twenty thousand dollars more and he said, no, I don't want to spend any more money. Give me my money back to fifteen thousand dollars I put down. They offered him half back because they claim they have seven thousand whatever it is in engineering fees involved, so they're willing to offer him half back. Matt, you were there, what did they say?
Speaker 16: Hey, when we were walking around the yard, he showed him what the dimensions he wanted and he said.
Speaker 11: I all medal.
Speaker 16: I won an all medal, and we went over to the old card board, which is rotting, and he said, this is the reason I don't want Would I want all metal? And the salesman said, I understand, I understand. He never said it was.
Speaker 12: A pull bar, and he.
Speaker 16: Never said there was gonna be wood. He said. Robert said, O, no, I want all medal because I do not want.
Speaker 13: It to rot.
Speaker 6: My god, you know what, Listen, I've got a pretty good gut for this stuff. And I'm telling you right now, do you know, Matt and I don't want to spend forever on this. We've were working on it. Dmitri's on it in the background. But do you know if that salesperson is still with the company.
Speaker 16: My understanding is that he either quit or got fired pretty much after this.
Speaker 6: I wonder do we have a way he took no notes, that's Matt, that's fine, Matt, Matt, I get that. I wonder if we have a way of commune in dedicating and finding out this salesperson. And I'm not saying right now, Matt, for you to come up with it, but it would be interesting if, let's say he did get fired. If you contacted him somehow, and he said, yes, I know the guy wanted all steal. Then we've got these guys where we want them. But you know, once again, I think it's fair if he paid for the plans. But Matt, I appreciate you calling in like that. I'm going to put you on hold. I want to make sure Dmitri's got your info. Okay, all right, And you were right there.
Speaker 12: I was right there.
Speaker 26: We were walking on and his.
Speaker 7: Old one, his old one was would his old car port and it was rotting.
Speaker 16: Yes, that's the whole reason.
Speaker 7: The story comes together. The story.
Speaker 6: Listen, man, I can only report both sides, and the only sides I'm hearing is one the other side doesn't want to come on the air. Shamrock buildings. Even if you don't want to come on the air, they're listening at this point. I guarantee their at this point. So I'm going to talk to you, and I'm going to talk to your attorneys real quick. Over the year one, I can have an opinion, and in my opinion, you should not be keeping seventy five hundred dollars.
Speaker 7: In my opinion, I believe this guy. I believe not only his witness Matt, but the caller I believe they wanted in all steel building. In fact, I'd like to see a picture. Tell Matt, I'd like to see a picture of his old car port with rotting wood if he actually had it, Because man, does that lace his story up beautifully.
Speaker 19: Yeah, this changes everything, And it would be great if somebody retained that salesman's business card. So frequently those will have a personal cell number on them, so he will make it a lot easier for us to get a hold of the sales room.
Speaker 6: Well, I got the hound dog on it over here, man, but that could be used different ways. You could either be a woman chaser or you know, you're good at sniffing stuff out. I'm just going to leave that conversation where it went. Dimitri's on it, make sure we got match information, and then, man, you've been holding forever one line open three oh three Martino three three seven two five five. First of all, manny, I really appreciate your holding. What is the issue with plumbing? And then like it or not, I'm gonna have to put you back on hold. But that gives me time to contemplate where we're going with this.
Speaker 17: Okay, sounds good. So issue with plumbing. My water heater went out. It's in our basement of our home. Called the plumbing company. They came out, replaced the water heater. The tech that replaced the water heater drained the old water heater into our discharge shoot for our washer and took our discharge tube out of the drain. But his then water, Oh did not replace the drain or are what.
Speaker 7: Did it flood? What did it flood? Manny?
Speaker 17: It flooded my laundry rope?
Speaker 7: And how much damage? Just the number right now?
Speaker 17: So uh like no, wait.
Speaker 6: Wait, manny, hold on, This is where I'm going to end up putting you on hold. But how much damage are we talking about the flood cause.
Speaker 17: It's probably in the two three dollars range?
Speaker 7: All right, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 6: I want to know who the company was, whether or not they acknowledged it, and then a lot more questions.
Speaker 7: This is crazy.
Speaker 21: Hold tight, Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call compass insurance paying too much your coverage a dozen of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two all.
Speaker 7: Right, three oh three seven one three a two five five.
Speaker 6: In fact, if you go to our YouTube channel, did you already post that link? SU's hand? Don't post that link yet. I've got a better idea with that. I'm not gonna do it. If you listen on YouTube, you know what I'm talking about. But three oh three seven one three eight two five five three zero three Martino, by the way, fix it twenty four to seven. You know how many sump pumps aren't working and you don't even know they're not working until it's too late.
Speaker 7: And let me tell you something.
Speaker 6: If you have a finished basement or not, there is things that if they get wet, including the dry wall down there where they got to cut it out, replace it, retape it, and paint it. And if you have carpet or flooring, think about that headache. If you have not had your sump pump checked in a while or cleaned. More importantly, you got to call fix It twenty four to seven. They're gonna come out for forty nine bucks. You got to mention the show forty nine bucks. They're gonna take it part. They're gonna clean it, they're gonna pressure check it, make sure it works perfectly, and put it back. The reason they do it they want to introduce the company to you. They do plumbing, heating, cooling, and electric and drain cleaning. They do all of that, but they're giving you this deal. And if you go, how do I know if I have a sumpump? Mark, I'll tell you how. If you have a basement, you probably have a sumpump. Check them out fixmihome dot com. That offer is only good for like maybe the next week. You don't have to have it done in the next week, but you got to get it booked forty nine bucks. Usually that's a couple hundred dollars. But I promise you on this show, every single year we have people call where there's some pump didn't work and they're flooded. Don't let it happen to you.
Speaker 7: If you haven't checked it, fix Myhome dot Com call him up, get it scheduled fix.
Speaker 6: Myhome dot Com. Now, Manny man, he's got a plumbing issue. This one's crazy. So basically, you had a new water heater put in. In order to do that, they got to drain the other one. So most utility rooms, you're going to have your water heater sitting there. He also has his washer close by, and he's got basically two pipes running into the drain. When they went to drain the water heater, they removed the pipe from your washing machine, right, Manny.
Speaker 17: They removed the pipe from.
Speaker 7: The drain from your washing machine pipe. Ye, yes, so they just set it aside. I get it.
Speaker 6: Then they then they got rid of the water heater and they left. They never put the pipe from the washing machine back in the drain, and they're the ones that moved it. And then you ran a cycle and you flooded, and all of a sudden you got a two grand worth of damage. Right yeah, So what's the big deal? Why aren't they fixing it? I mean, Mark Schamansky genesism. Mark, you already knew what he was going to say.
Speaker 8: As soon as the story started. I knew exactly what happened.
Speaker 7: What I'm dying to know is why wouldn't they fix it?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 8: You should just go in there to take care of it.
Speaker 15: He should just fix it.
Speaker 17: So they are they aren't fixing it.
Speaker 27: The thing is, as I was trying to get, you know, I've got I couldn't sleep in the room. I've got seven fans and an air oh humidifier running for several days.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 27: They sent over a.
Speaker 17: A what do you call them?
Speaker 7: Restoration company?
Speaker 17: He's the restoration company. He sucked out all of our carpet and we have these fans drying everything out.
Speaker 6: Because the yeah, that's so far everything sounds. I'm telling you, I'm actually happier telling me this. I you were going to say they're doing nothing. So where does the concern come in or what is your want?
Speaker 27: So I had contracted them, they paid.
Speaker 17: I paid fifteen.
Speaker 27: Dollars for them to do the job. And now I've got to have all these fans running for days. I've got to have a contractor come in and so.
Speaker 6: Manny, it's a parent, Manny, Manny, Manny, I just want to cut to the chase.
Speaker 7: It's a parent.
Speaker 6: You're looking for a compensation for what and what is the number?
Speaker 27: I'm just looking to get at least some of that money back, not all of it.
Speaker 7: Or wait, wait, wait, waitit manny, I still don't understand what money back for the actual heat are they installed.
Speaker 27: Not for the heater, for the labor?
Speaker 7: What labor did you pay?
Speaker 17: Fifteen hundred?
Speaker 15: You paid?
Speaker 6: Okay, hold on, Manny, I want to make sure I understand your want. You paid what was the total for the water heater parts? Late we total total job?
Speaker 27: Fifteen hundred? Bought the water heater?
Speaker 17: Yep, I bought the water heater.
Speaker 6: I see you bought the water heater. You think because they created this chaos, even though they're doing the right thing and cleaning it up, you're having to live with the fans, the smell, and everything that goes along with it.
Speaker 7: You know, I've got my own.
Speaker 6: Thoughts on this, but I want to ask people here, Mark Schamansky, Genesis Total Exteriors, what do you think? Honestly, let's pretend I know you don't do water heaters, but let's pretend this happens. Where are you at with this?
Speaker 8: I'd probably give them half half back half back?
Speaker 6: Now, Matt Paragon Services, you bring a unique position to this because a lot of homeowners that you deal with that have claims where they can't stay in the house. A flood, maybe maybe a fire, smoke damage, anything like that. Most homeowner policies actually cover living in a hotel. We're living somewhere for a little bit while it's being done.
Speaker 7: What do you make of.
Speaker 25: This, Well, it doesn't sound like the home was completely inhabitable.
Speaker 7: I mean, are there multiple stories or is this? Yeah, paint a picture of the house, Manny.
Speaker 2: Can you live?
Speaker 7: Wait? Wait, you are in the basement? You sleep in the basement. Yes, well, that's weird. Explain that. I just can't glance over there. Why is that.
Speaker 12: So?
Speaker 18: Uh?
Speaker 27: We have our bedroom in the basement. Right across from our bedroom is the laundry room.
Speaker 6: And no, no, no, but why do you live in your Why don't you live upstairs?
Speaker 7: Why don't you live on ground level?
Speaker 17: I don't, Yes, we do.
Speaker 27: We do live upstairs, but we sleep in our basement with our bedroom.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's just cooler down there. I mean, I'm trying to throw me a bone here.
Speaker 27: Why it's cooler down there, and it's the one of the biggest rooms we have in our house.
Speaker 25: Okay, fair enough, Well, in that in that circumstance, I mean you're these dehumidifiers and these air scrubbers are loud, really loud. Yeah, and so while those are running, yeah, I can see not wanting to stay there.
Speaker 7: How many days is it, Penn?
Speaker 17: It's been since Monday night.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 25: And the mitigation company's gonna want to keep those fans rolling because that's just money.
Speaker 7: How much?
Speaker 6: What a just guys, I don't know this. I mean a decent a decent hotel room. I mean, it's never going to replace your house because you have your kitchen. What is the general expenditure per day or per diem? Like two fifty a day?
Speaker 7: And I'm asking you, mad, I mean, what do most policies ask? Yeah, that's reasonable. If you have dogs, you need pet friendly.
Speaker 25: I mean, if you have five people in your home, you need a rental house?
Speaker 7: How much?
Speaker 6: And so you want the entire fifteen hundred back? Let's take two fifty a day. The thing's going to be done in five days?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, one thousand bucks. What company is it?
Speaker 27: It is affordable coming, affordable plumbing and eating.
Speaker 7: And have you actually went to them on this?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 17: I called them the same day.
Speaker 7: And what did they say?
Speaker 13: Again?
Speaker 27: Theyday okay, well we'll send the guy out.
Speaker 7: No no, no, no no, no, I'm talking.
Speaker 6: Wait wait, Manny, you're get I understand you've talked to him, and I get the story so far.
Speaker 7: I'm asking you.
Speaker 6: Have you said, hey, we've been sitting here for four days listening to this. We got a few more days. I want my fifteen hundred back. Yes I did, Okay, I want to know what they said.
Speaker 21: Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 15: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 21: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven and wan help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three O three seven one three eight two five five, don't forget three oho three Martino. Tell your friends, Tell your neighbors, we love kicking ass, taking names. You've been ripped off if you listen to the show. You know what we do. Now, Manny, I'm gonna go back to you right now. I want to know what this contractor said. They screwed up, They created a couple grand in damages. They did the right thing. Affordable Plumbing and Heating did the right thing. They called a restoration company, you got fans, set up a dehumidifier. You called up and said, hey, we're living down here in our basement for the past week, and this is where it happened, by the way, but your bedroom happens to be down there.
Speaker 7: And what did they say?
Speaker 27: So, they said that they would put in a claim with their insurance company, okay, and that the insurance company be reaching out to me.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 27: It's not that I'm wanting all the money back.
Speaker 10: I mean half would be fine.
Speaker 6: Well no, wait, let's ask a guy that wait, wait, Manny, this is great.
Speaker 7: You call today Matt with Paragon Services.
Speaker 6: That's all he deals with commercial policies, residential policies.
Speaker 7: He's the insurance guy. Man.
Speaker 6: So most in the case of a plumbing and heating company, would they typically pay the insurance company that is not the company.
Speaker 7: If they truly did turn it over. Do you think they'd pay. I do, yes, you think they would pay?
Speaker 6: Manny, I think you're going to get compensated at least two hundred and fifty dollars. Well, wait a minute, I just thought of something though. Everybody better hold tight because I think that's a user or lose it, Matt. We'll talk about that after the break. If you don't have receipts, you might not get anything. It's important you hang on.
Speaker 21: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 15: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 21: Wait time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Yeah you need advice? Who you don't have a.
Speaker 3: Welcome?
Speaker 4: Runxious as fast as we can show Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 5: Man six is the Troubleshooter show. No Tom Martinez Welcome, Welcome to the only show.
Speaker 7: It's kind.
Speaker 6: We're here to solve problems, answer your questions, take complaints, and make your life just a little bit better. We've got a lot of cooking today.
Speaker 7: In fact, we've got a lot of updates popping up tomorrow to By the way, tomorrow's card Day.
Speaker 6: Don't forget too that. Three h three Martino works on and off the air. You can always email us help at troubleshooter dot com. You got a question, we'd love to hear from you, We'll email you back. The other thing is tell your friends, your family, Tell people anywhere. I don't care where you live. We have fifty thousand plus a month just on the iHeart app that listen to us monthly. Tell your friends. I don't care if you're in South Carolina. Tell all your friends if they got a problem, call the show and to tune in three zero three Martino. If we don't answer after the show, I promise we'll get back to you pretty quickly, generally within twenty four hours, if not twelve. Now I'm going to finish up with Manny. And if you listen to all four hours, you got to understand I have to recap do it quick. He hired a company install a water heater. They had to remove one pipe from the washing machine in the utility room in order to access the drain better to drain the old water heater. So they drained the old water heater into the drain, got rid of it, installed the new one. All of that went perfect. They forgot to hook the washing machine back up to the drain. So as they're doing laundry and it's getting rid of the water after the wash cycle, there is freaking water all over the place. The carpets wet everything. It's a finished basement. In fact, it's a bedroom in their basement, and then that's where they sleep.
Speaker 7: So Manny wants them.
Speaker 6: They're doing The company affordable plumbing and heating honestly is doing everything perfectly. They're doing everything any good company would do. They sent out a restoration. They're turning it over to their insurance. But Manny wants the labor back and what the company told them. And if I was a company, I tell them the exact same thing. So I'm going to tell you that many But here's the deal. I thought about this and then I conferred with Matt over the break. Listen to this man if you don't have receipts, you're not going to get reimbursed. In other words, if you didn't rent a house or go to a hotel, or have to go out to dinner or whatever you would have to do, you're not going to get anything from that insurance company.
Speaker 25: Matt explain, Yeah, that's paid when incurred. Usually, So if you agree with either the insurance company or the plumbing company that hey, I can't live here, I need a hotel room, then you go to a hotel room, save your receipt and submit that and get reimbursed. They're not just going to write a check for an ambiguous statement saying.
Speaker 7: Well I needed to stay outside the house.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they don't care. If you didn't incur it, you're not going to do it. So I would suggest, if you don't want to live there while those fans are still going on, you go stay at a hotel.
Speaker 7: I mean, don't go.
Speaker 6: They're not going to pay for the ritz Carlton, but go do what you need to do and then you'll have those receipts and you can go out to eat generally, right, Matt, I mean just all normal stuff.
Speaker 7: They would take.
Speaker 25: You know, your daily average of what you would spend on food and apply that. You know, eating out is expensive, typically more than eating at home, and they pay for the overage.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I mean you can do that many But that insurance company, I highly doubt is going to refund that. I mean highly doubt give you a number like that. You would have to go to Affordable themselves. And I'm not so sure. I don't know how I feel about that. I think I go back to what Mark Schamansky says. I'd ask him for half, wait to the denial, wait to the denial on that part of the claim, and then ask the owner of Affordable if he would refund half.
Speaker 7: I think that's fair. They really are doing the right stuff here.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 27: Okay, thank you so much for your help.
Speaker 6: You're welcome, or go out incurse some cost right now. If it's still going to be there, go have a nice weekend. Downtown.
Speaker 7: I don't mean downtown Denver, I mean somewhere where you don't get stabbed.
Speaker 9: Just from my experience, so sounding what that one washing machine, those fans, and that that dehumidifier, that's they should be done.
Speaker 8: There's no reason I should still be there.
Speaker 7: That is weird.
Speaker 8: Five days is Wait.
Speaker 7: They're running those fans because it's a dollar clock.
Speaker 9: It is, but that's how they build the insurance company. Most likely everything's dried out there, Matt.
Speaker 6: You bring up something interesting, So even if it was dried up, they continually to run. But at some point, I mean, you can't have them there a month.
Speaker 9: No, for them to get paid, they need to come measure Is it every day or every other day?
Speaker 7: They have to take measurements?
Speaker 8: Usually daily?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you have to come and test everything that was wet and make sure that humidity levels down.
Speaker 7: They call it water logs.
Speaker 6: Is carpet in the padding generally okay, if it's dried properly.
Speaker 9: It just depends how wet that got. But typically Pat has to go. Carpet can be reached.
Speaker 6: So should if he's still listening, he should be, well, that's going to come secondary. In other words, you try it out, then you assess it.
Speaker 8: Dan, how wet was it really? I mean I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 7: You got mitigation then restoration, so I got you. Okay, you gotta be on the mic to talk. Doc say it against her?
Speaker 19: What what about the wood floor underneath the carpetal I that get s warped.
Speaker 2: Does that usually happen?
Speaker 9: And you sometimes the wood floor will come back from drying out, But it's the basement.
Speaker 8: It's the basement. It's probably concrete.
Speaker 7: That's a good question though.
Speaker 6: So but with mine, my floor got so wet for so long the one.
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah, then you're you're you're cupped.
Speaker 7: But it was amazing.
Speaker 6: It looks so bad, it was crazy, but in five or six months it was half is bad.
Speaker 8: Once it dries out, sometimes it comes back.
Speaker 6: Hey, Troy, what is your question for Matt at Paragon Services?
Speaker 12: Hey, Matt uh destroy, I've got a shop out in the similar and I've got XL coming out tomorrow with the adjuster. H What do I need to keep an eye out for.
Speaker 7: It a metal roof?
Speaker 12: No, it is not a metal roof, and so it's an asphalt shingle. But the the slope on the shingle Xcel said that, you know the part that shingled, the section of it that should not have been shingled.
Speaker 7: Because it's not a steep enough slope.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the pitch isn't good enough. So I'm gonna I'm going to change to steel to get because they can't put asphalt back on it. So I'm changing from asphalt to steel. What is the What is the insurance company really going to do for me?
Speaker 7: Well, I got a question for you.
Speaker 20: Go there.
Speaker 7: So, yeah, if is it a cote upgrade?
Speaker 6: In other words, when they originally did the roof, it was fine. But now the pitch, no, it was.
Speaker 12: No, it's out of it was out of code. Well I bought the building. It was out of code.
Speaker 7: All right, go ahead, Matt.
Speaker 25: Yeah, So the insurance company's gonna pay for what's there, period, So if you.
Speaker 7: Have shingles there, they're going to pay for shingles.
Speaker 25: Now, if you go back to them and say, well that's a manufacturer recommendation or stipulation that you can't install it on a pitch of that, that's not.
Speaker 8: Over.
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 12: Mark?
Speaker 7: Maybe three four twelve?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it has been more than two twelve, so three twelve is right.
Speaker 8: But now is this hail damage or is this just a waterleakin side?
Speaker 12: Now this is a hail damage. I've got a shop out similar that got the golf ball size hail. So the first thing I knew about it was I got a call from Fox thirty one says, hey, you got any pictures of the golf balls.
Speaker 25: But yeah, I know, but yeah I heard about that that storm, and I worked a little bit of it.
Speaker 6: But wouldn't it be way I don't care if it's commercial residential golf ball size.
Speaker 7: We've got to be talking way more than a roof, right.
Speaker 8: Oh maybe, I mean just specifically so, but you know one thing.
Speaker 12: That queat right, yeah, around the windows, the trim around the windows. Uh, the vinyl trim broke.
Speaker 7: That's new windows.
Speaker 25: Well, if it's the frame itself in the window, that that's gotta be replaced.
Speaker 6: Dude, you got to have listen, man, who's going out there for the roof?
Speaker 7: Excel? Yeah, that great people.
Speaker 6: They're fine on the roof, but when it comes to everything else out there, you need someone like Mark to look at those windows. You need someone to look at all the other damage. Excel is a roofer. They're my favorite roofer out there. I'm gonna say that straight up.
Speaker 7: I use them.
Speaker 6: But you've got to have someone that can eyeball every damn thing out there.
Speaker 7: And Shamansky can do that.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 6: I mean, Mark, do you even go there? Before I even say that, we go everywhere, so I mean he can do the windows. What what's the structure made out of? Because if it's if it's golf ball.
Speaker 7: Size, Hell, guys, it's gonna wreck some stuff. It's you might need new siding. What is the what is the shop made of?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 12: On the outside. And I've had Mark come over. His crew came over and took care of I had. I had a laundry room flood and all the water went through the UH dryer, the heating bet went to the basement and dropped the ceiling. Oh, just as came out and they did an awesome job.
Speaker 8: It's great.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think. So the adjuster comes out tomorrow.
Speaker 25: You said, Yeah, just buy him a case of beer and tell him that I'm gonna look at his estimate and it better be good, so you can send it to me. I'll look at it for free. And you know, we just want to make sure they include everything.
Speaker 7: I bet they, I bet they. I bet they give them an estimate on the roof.
Speaker 9: Well, and just just one thing, they're gonna the insurance company will pay for a new modified bit right in a low area.
Speaker 8: They're not going to pay for the metal, so that'll be out of pocket for you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, that's fine. I'd be happy to.
Speaker 3: End up with a better anyway.
Speaker 12: And hell yeah, the insurance company is going to be happy that I got away from Alphol and went to the sill roof on that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well you know their numbers man.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 25: When you when you get your determination back from the insurance company, just email it to me, give me a call, look it over. And I live in the Springs, I'm not too far from you.
Speaker 6: And that's something let me tell you. That's something Matt. Thanks, thanks for that call, Troy. That's something Matt does for everybody. So if anybody out there, your insurance company gets back to you after massive hail damage or something, you'll eyeball that for free.
Speaker 7: If they fax it over whatever. Of course, tell them a long because.
Speaker 6: Sometimes you'll say, it looks like it's probably about right. I don't need to get involved.
Speaker 25: Yeah, normally I can see the red flags Real Quick, Real Quick and Paragon Services Matt's at seven to one nine seven two six zero zero twenty seven nine seven six zero zero twenty and then Genesis Total Exteriors.
Speaker 7: What Mark's great at. Do you do a ton of roofs? Mark?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they can go out and evaluate everything. They can look at the windows, the roof, the deck, the siding. Hell, I think Matt on that one, I'm almost positive you got me money for landscaping.
Speaker 25: I did, yeah, called like eight hundred per tree that was getting messed up.
Speaker 7: And the deck. It was crazy. The deck, Oh, the deck big time.
Speaker 6: In fact, I had a garage out there and had our whole deck coded after that, One more quick question for Matt.
Speaker 7: What is it Greg?
Speaker 14: Is there a time limit? From like?
Speaker 7: I great question out look at the roof?
Speaker 28: Had I had a fail come out? They looked at it, said yeah, and I turned it into the insurance. Insurance said no, we won't cover the roof. Again, I was saying, I don't know when they hailed.
Speaker 6: Out, Hey, just real quick, what I got to take this break? What area was it in? What zip code? What's the best way out? Castle Rock?
Speaker 7: I like that.
Speaker 6: Hold on one second. I'm going to talk to Matt over the break. But I bet we're thinking the exact same thing. Everybody.
Speaker 7: Hold tight. If you've had hail damage and it's been a while and the insurance company is telling.
Speaker 6: You, what what what what? You didn't call us too quick? I'm not so sure that's right all the time.
Speaker 7: Hold tight.
Speaker 21: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 15: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 21: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one.
Speaker 7: Help.
Speaker 21: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, yeah, exactly three oh three seven one three A two five five. Hey, I appreciate everybody listening to the show. Hey, and if you have a problem, I can't tell you enough. Tell your neighbors, Tell your friends. Three zero three Martino, three zero three Martino. By the way, Tommy boys at home doing good. We're looking forward to getting them back in the groove. It's still gonna be a little bit. You're still gonna have to deal with me. Uh, but I promise he is doing good. In fact, I'll share this. His sisters came out and they're kind of helping him rehabit home. He got home yesterday, So that's a quick update. Apparently the docs say he's cancer free. They do a little deeper dive once he heals up better, uh like I don't know, in the next week or two. I assume they do a little deeper dive.
Speaker 7: But it looks like the.
Speaker 6: Cancer is one hundred percent gone and he's on the mend. And it was a rough surgery. I'll tell everybody that it's one of the most invasive surgeries out there. But everything's good now, everything's looking really good. And thanks for all the prayer, all the good thoughts, whatever you do in your life. Thank you, And I know Tom really means that. Now I'm going to finish up with Greg. Greg, when they tell you that the hail damage was done prior to the last year, is that what they're telling you. Your insurance company came out, they looked at your roof, they saw the hail damage in Castle Rock, but they told you, oh, that was from two years ago.
Speaker 14: Yeah, well yeah they did. But the interesting thing is they said they would replace the gutters because there's the hail damage on them.
Speaker 7: So I want everybody to listen.
Speaker 6: I truly want everybody to listen to this and I have told this story a million times, and I'm gonna compact it. My insurance company told me I had no damage. Matt came out and got me eighty thousand dollars on that particular claim. Matt, what would you do in this sinne We know Castle Rock has been hit by hal as recently as a week ago, let alone over the past whatever, twenty four months, twelve months.
Speaker 7: What would you do?
Speaker 25: I would step in and uh, and I've already on the break. I looked this up June of last year. There was a significant storm there, so I would argue that that was the storm that created the damage. I would also argue that if you're covering the gutters, you're acknowledging the storm damage within that timeframe already.
Speaker 7: So that opens the floodgates in my opinion. So what Greg, let me explain.
Speaker 6: Once an insurance company says, yeah, we're gonna go ahead and pay you you have a covered peril once they admit that, even if they only say okay, we owe you one thousand dollars for X, once that opens That's what Matt's talking about on the floodgate, because they can't go back.
Speaker 7: Now and say, well, we didn't mean that. Once they acknowledge.
Speaker 6: Coverage, now all we got to talk about is how much you're gonna get, right, And that's what Matt does. So once they already said they're going to give you gutters, he's going to come out and I bet he gets you a roof, and I bet he gets you more than that.
Speaker 25: Who's your insurance company, Greg Auto Owners?
Speaker 7: Okay, I work with them all the time. Well you should let me try to get you more. Yeah, I mean, why wouldn't you?
Speaker 14: Yeah, well that's what I thought.
Speaker 7: Literally, man, how would in mark?
Speaker 6: You're the expert, you're a roofer. How would you possibly know? When did they say the damage to the roof happened?
Speaker 14: They just said it was older than fair enough.
Speaker 7: That's all I needed. That's all I needed. So they're talking longer than a year.
Speaker 6: So how would you possibly know if hail damage from June of last year compared to February.
Speaker 7: Of last year.
Speaker 8: You wouldn't.
Speaker 7: There's no way there lyon.
Speaker 8: Correct that.
Speaker 9: This is a great one for Matt. This is perfect from Matt. This is right up his alley.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, it's right up is allie, And you can come out and actually give a real cost.
Speaker 8: Right then?
Speaker 7: Will Greg? Do you have a contractor involved?
Speaker 14: I had called Xcel before I called the insurance company.
Speaker 7: Okay, were they? Were they there at it? Were they there when the adjuster came out?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 15: Okay, he thought for sure.
Speaker 14: The guy that came, he thought for sure they were gonna approve it.
Speaker 7: Yep, that's it.
Speaker 6: Here's Matt's number. I'm going to give it out again. Seven nine seven to two six zero zero twenty. Greg, I want you calling me back as soon as your insurance company agrees to give you a new roof and everything else. I truly believe you're going to get and I'm going to hold you to that. If you give me a promise on.
Speaker 22: It, I'll do it.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 14: Call Matt you're your a referral list because it's great.
Speaker 7: Thank you. Call me this afternoon. Hey, Kelly, make sure you grab Greg's.
Speaker 6: Info and just give it to Matt. Let's make it easy. What do we got here? Issue you with one? Okay, I'm going to probably slaughter your name, but I'm going to guess Acacia, Yes, sir, oh I nailed it. Look at me, Look at me, Acacia. What is going on with this towing problem.
Speaker 29: Yeah, so there wasn't so much an issue with the toe as far as we know. But when it did arrived to the shop where we had a toe to Jiffy Lube, someone apparently lost our only key bob to our car.
Speaker 6: But you don't know if it was the toe driver or the Jiffy Lube that's correct. What does Jiffy loub say? Let's start there. They never got the key.
Speaker 29: First they said they never got the key, and then they changed their story saying that it's in the cupholder, but they couldn't get the doors open because it was locked.
Speaker 6: Well, hold on, let me take this break. I'm dying to know where this goes. Did the window get broken out? This is what we call a tea. Did the car gets stolen? Did the tow truck driver hit it with a hammer? Was there an explosion of fire?
Speaker 2: And under what circumstances is a card towd to Jiffylube?
Speaker 7: Good question, we'll find out.
Speaker 21: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 15: You don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 21: Contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 15: Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help.
Speaker 21: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three o three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, do not forget. Do not forget. Those numbers work on and off the air. Help at troubleshooter dot com also works all the time. I do want to say this, We've got great yesterday. Mark Schamansky, I personally use him. He's worked on our deck, he's done to the exterior housing, he's done some roof work. He's done a ton of stuff for me. And then Matt at Paragon. Matt, I might buy you a beer for once because of that last check you got me.
Speaker 7: I'm going to tell just a real quick story. Who was the last one we dealt with? Safego who said zero? They stonewalled me. Mark.
Speaker 6: I tried to go up the ladder and complain, Hey, there is damage. You guys aren't listening. They told me too bad, so sad nothing. Matt ends up getting me close to forty. But he met the adjuster. He forced the adjuster to come out to my house and meet you.
Speaker 7: Oh the gal. The gal.
Speaker 6: Yes, and Matt probably loves when I tell the story. Matt's a pretty good looking guy. I mean, we can all acknowledge that I'm.
Speaker 7: Comfortable enough in my manhood to say I think he looks Suzanne Goes. He looks like Bradley Cooper. Would you agree with that, Mark, Yeah.
Speaker 8: The ladies of my office like it, like it with Mega business.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The ladies like Matt, I need a billboard.
Speaker 8: The ladies like ma right next to Freankysar.
Speaker 7: Let's just get no, let's just call it what it is.
Speaker 6: So when the adjuster came over and it was a young lady, probably a little younger than you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she was probably maybe thirty, I was like, that's that I'm getting my check. I knew it.
Speaker 6: I was like, that's that I'm getting my check. And I watched Matt turn on the finass.
Speaker 7: It was actually pretty pathetic, but he is. It pays it pay It paid forty thousand dollars. But here's the thing. I mean, if you're meeting a sixty year old adjuster, you've got a different You got to different know your crowd. You gotta know your crowd. And he knows how to talk to these adjusters. And once again, the second they agree to pay something out, that's all you're trying to do at.
Speaker 6: The beginning, right, And once they get some Wow, this guy only wants a thousand bucks for this or whatever.
Speaker 7: Fine, we'll go ahead and give it to him. Bam.
Speaker 6: Then he brings out the big guns. Then he brings out, oh, I'm sorry the other day, we didn't talk about this, this, this, this, this and this, And that's how it works.
Speaker 7: Supplements too.
Speaker 25: During you know, the repairs, you run into things that were unforeseen, you know, and though that you can supplement for that.
Speaker 6: Okay, now let's get back to this twenty thirteen Cadillac. Hey, by the way, why did you, Akisha, Why did you get it towed over to Jiffy Lube? For what reason?
Speaker 29: Well, it's okay, Akisha, we are having some transmission issues. Unfortunately.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the wrong place to toe it. But regardless you tow it over there, it gets there. The key is in the cup holder because either the tow driver did not give it to Jiffy Lube or Jiffy Lube locked it in there and what happened? And from there.
Speaker 29: There's a that they didn't lose it, so we're responsible for paying for a replacement.
Speaker 7: But wait, wait, I thought they said it was in the cup holder.
Speaker 29: Oh no, we had to get it towed back to our residence after it sat in there shop for ten days, and they had They didn't try to unlock the doors or anything. They just let it sit there.
Speaker 15: So where is it?
Speaker 11: We just towed it back to our house.
Speaker 7: Is the key in the in the cup Is it in the car? What does the tow driver say?
Speaker 29: He said that he gave it to.
Speaker 6: The gentleman at Jiffy Lube, and Jiffy Lub is saying at first they never got it, but then they're saying it was locked in the car. It sounds like Jiffy Lube locked it in the car if I had to go out on a limb.
Speaker 29: Here, But it's not even in the car nowhere to be found.
Speaker 9: And Jiffy Lube can't do any work in the car because they're not a transmission play.
Speaker 7: At that part is baffling it over you don't.
Speaker 9: Even have a contract with Jiffy LOEU of any sorts, so I don't know what their liability is.
Speaker 6: This whole thing's crazy. So where does it stand now? You just need a keyfob?
Speaker 29: Yes, certain, our car is still just sitting in front of our house right now.
Speaker 7: And how much you getting quoted on a key fob program? Let's do this.
Speaker 6: Let's do this, you say, call city Lock, Yeah, get him on. I want to see how much that is. I love city Lock. Hold on, hold on. I'm not sure who we'd go after A's he said, She said, but that that I'm not worried about. Let's see if we can't get you a key for this for like fifty bucks or something. We're going to find out in a second. Annie, what's going on with you?
Speaker 26: Hey there, Mark, good to talk to you. You know, I'm basically calling because I've been a customer of Amica Insurance for twelve years and no claims just one. Well I can't say none, but if they have one claim sure for a roof twenty eighteen. And I opened my policy yesterday. I usually don't. Something told me to open it up. I went from five thousand dollars and a yearly to now I'm paying thirteen thousand.
Speaker 6: You got to call you got to call Compass. I mean, I don't have you called Compass.
Speaker 25: I have to say, though, Amika is fantastic.
Speaker 7: Well for sirteat from five to thirteen thousand, I'd hope so they are great. I hope they buy your dinner while they're cutting your a check.
Speaker 14: They are good, absolutely, you know.
Speaker 26: And I live out towards Simila and twenty eighteen I had a roof put on. So now I'm being told there's way too many claims.
Speaker 6: Hey, Annie, can can you do me a favor? Can I use you as a test subject I want to get I want you to get that info over to Brian Burns, have them shop it, and I'd like to follow up on how much they can save you tomorrow tomorrow. Would you please do that for me?
Speaker 10: For sure?
Speaker 7: Here's what I'd like to do that I'm Amika, Well, you're gonna have to.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's absolutely insane. But I'm not saying. I'm not saying other insurance companies in your area are going to do better. But I really want to find out. So I'm going to have Kelly get your information, and I'm going to have one of the owners of Compass reach out to you, and then I would love to talk to you again tomorrow.
Speaker 26: Alrighty, we could do that.
Speaker 7: I really appreciate it.
Speaker 26: If they're moving out of the state, what's happened I was told Mika. Yeah, the representative said, they're trying to get out of state. It's just too expensive. It's crazy here anymore.
Speaker 6: It's crazy, all right, hold on, hold on, hold on, let's figure out where that's going to go tomorrow. I'm hoping they can save her a ton of money. Anybody that doesn't use Compass insurance they shop. I don't care if it's commercial, residential, car, motorcycle, RV. We do it all through Compass. A workman's comp for a company, any garage keepers, for an automotive chep. Just call these guys up. There's no harm in it. They're gonna tell you if they can beat it. And more importantly, they're gonna tell you if you have the right coverage. That is so important these days.
Speaker 21: Hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 15: Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one.
Speaker 7: Help.
Speaker 21: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance.
Speaker 15: Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, listen three oh three Martino. That number works on and off the air. We're gonna have a kick ass show for you again tomorrow. Hey, Jeff was city lock. Hey Jeff, I've got a question for you. How much for a.
Speaker 7: Keyfob for a twoy thirteen Cadillac CTAH, give me.
Speaker 22: A second to look it up.
Speaker 13: I didn't know we were going to be looking something.
Speaker 7: Up the no no, no, no problem. So basically people just joining us.
Speaker 6: And I'll tell you, Jeff, what happened is she had her car towed from her house over to Jiffy Lube for some transmission diagnostics, which still baffles everybody. But regardless, the tow driver apparently didn't give Jiffy Lube the key. Jiffy Lube claims that and the driver claims they did give the key, so eventually the vehicle ended up getting towed back to their house, which I think is crazy because someone like you could have went out and programmed it probably opened it right on the spot. But how much is a key fob for that thing?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 17: First give me that year.
Speaker 7: Again twenty thirteen.
Speaker 6: Cadillac c T S and I do have that correct, right, Acacia.
Speaker 29: Yes, and just so I can clarify it wasn't. It was just a transmission flush is what we had it told.
Speaker 7: Therefore flush, I gotcha.
Speaker 6: I just just as other advice, when you get it done or when you need to get it actually looked at. If you're having problems with the transmission, unless if it's low, really low on fluid, I would not get a flush done. Get it over to kimmera transmission. They're as honest as the day as long and there if it does need some real work on it, which it sounds like it does. Basically what's going to happen is they're going to give you the best price out there. But how much for a key?
Speaker 7: Jeff?
Speaker 17: Okay, I got a question.
Speaker 3: Is it a key start ignission or is it a push button?
Speaker 22: Stars ignition.
Speaker 13: Just start.
Speaker 29: They that's in there stays in there to start it?
Speaker 7: You actually does it? Is it actually a key?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 7: Or no?
Speaker 29: It will not come out of there?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 7: Oh, so you had a key that was stuck in there. There's a key stuck in.
Speaker 29: There right now. It's not stuck in there, No, sir, it's not stuck in there. It belongs in there, but it doesn't come out though. The key fob, though, allows.
Speaker 7: You to start it and you push a button, you.
Speaker 29: Turn the key and turn the ignition, which is the key that stays in there permanently.
Speaker 6: Okay, does that make sense, Jeff? I think I know what she's saying. I've never seen that set up.
Speaker 3: No, that does not make sense.
Speaker 29: The button where you push to start and you press on the brake instead of that, you're still pressing on the brake, but you're turning the key that's permanently set in.
Speaker 7: There, and that's the way the vehicle was designed, correct, Yes, sir, it's got to be push button, Jeff. And the fob allows you to start the car. That's push button.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 22: Did they lose the one and only remote?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Hold on, we're going to be up against hold on, both of you. Hold on, we're going to exchange information off air. Kelly figure out how much that key is. All right, folks, listen three O three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino Helpit, Troubleshooter dot Com, Mark Schamansky, Genesis dex Anything Exterior, and then Matt Stanford.
Speaker 7: Thank you both. My name is Mark Major, and this is a Troubleshooter Network