Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped off. Didn't need advice, so you don't have come running just.
Speaker 2: As fast as you can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come.
Speaker 1: Man, this is.
Speaker 2: The Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: Now, Tom Martino, Hey, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talks three oh three seven one three eight two five five. So up to a minute ago, I didn't have a Wi Fi. I mean I had connectivity to the station, but.
Speaker 5: No Wi Fi.
Speaker 4: And I realized how much of our lives depend on Wi Fi or or your internet connection.
Speaker 5: In your house, I have virtually everything on it.
Speaker 4: I mean I have my garage door openers, my ring doorbell, my my.
Speaker 5: Lights, my.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: I mean I could do manual stuffs, you know, with the garage door and all that. But what I meant was it was so weird, and I'm thinking, oh, man, and my call screener here to get calls three zho three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five.
Speaker 5: I hope you all had a great weekend. So the guy says, we'll log into your router.
Speaker 4: And see why the conflict because I kept getting conflicting IP addresses. Long story, but I thought that when you had dynamic selection of IP that it's automatic. They randomize and they don't conflict. So maybe some of my egghead geeks can help me. Certainly not my YouTube morons or maybe they're smarter than they look.
Speaker 5: But welcome. But Wi Fi and what do I call it? Internet? In general?
Speaker 4: Our connectivity is so important crap. I mean, I guess health. I'd put up above connectivity right barely, but it's a little above. What about money? Anyway, Let's talk what's on your mind today. I have Brendan Killyan with me. Kellyan or Killy Kellyan made in the shade window coverings, and I heard of so many cool things on the forefront of window coverings.
Speaker 5: I just want to ask you something.
Speaker 4: By the way, folks, I still want to tell you too. You can text me in two ways. The station's texting app is five seven seven three nine. But I have opened up my personal Google number. I'm proud of that because it comes right to my cell phone hasn't been abused.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 4: People have been texting me all night, all days, and I have a lot of stuff to talk about.
Speaker 5: Their questions seven four seven.
Speaker 4: Nine fifty two eighty seven four seven fifty eighty. Tell me if you've done anything interesting.
Speaker 5: For Labor Day. And I posted what I did. I didn't post it on LinkedIn. I posted it on Instagram and TikTok. Not that it matters done. I'm not big on TikTok. I just do it for the hell of it.
Speaker 4: And what I'd like to know is what's on your mind today and how can we help you now? One thing that has been coming up time and time again, there's two recurring well, there's many recurring themes, but lately, let me talk about some recurring themes. One is used cars, people buying without checking them out and ending up in disastrous situations, saying, well, they assured me it was it was good.
Speaker 5: They assured me this. They assured me that, and it ends up people are totally screwed because they didn't check out a car.
Speaker 4: Now, even checking out a car, it's not going to be one hundred percent foolproof. You can't find everything wrong with a car.
Speaker 5: But I will tell you that with one hundred and fifty thousand miles or more, you will have problems. There's no question.
Speaker 4: No matter how it was maintained, you will have problems, maybe minor, maybe major. Approaching two hundred, you will have major problems. No questions asked, Just just know that you will. If you approach one hundred and seventy five thousand miles or more, you will double the cost of the car.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: With one hundred thousand miles, you will have heavy maintenance and some replacements. So while you're doing that to keep the price down, the price is not really going to be down. I met a woman when a woman called the show one time and she said, listen, I want to buy a four thousand dollars car.
Speaker 5: You know, I want to buy that, and I want to do it for I want to do it, you know, I want to do it for cash. And I said, what did you find? She found a car with a two hundred and ten thousand miles on it, four thousand dollars And I said, you understand, it's going to need this. It's going to need that.
Speaker 4: No matter what if you at the time, at the time, I believe new car, you could get a new Hyundai literally for eighteen grand, nineteen grand at the time. I said, if you put four thousand dollars down, you're financing fourteen thousand or something, fifteen whatever, and you're financing it at the time at four and a half percent. Now think about this, Oh, I don't want to pay payment. I said, you're going to have a payment. It's just a question of what payment. Are you going to be paying a dead horse?
Speaker 5: Are you going to paying for repairs or are you going to be paying for a new car that has a ten year, one hundred thousand mile warranty.
Speaker 6: Shed.
Speaker 4: Well, then I'll have to buy collision coverage and all that. And I said, well, let's do the math. In the math with the financing she was getting in everything. Now, I'm not going to give you exact numbers. I'm going to give you an idea. She would have no payments on the used car on the Hyundai with insurance and everything. Now remember she still has insurance on the used car, but not a lot so. But with the insurance difference on the Hyundai and the payment on the Hyundai, I think she was up around two hundred and fifty dollars a month brand new car tenures. And I forget, I think that was only like a four year loan three or four it could I think it was. But when we did the math, here's what happened.
Speaker 5: She had to do major engine work after she got it for a little while. Now, remember she had to do major engine work. She had to do transmission work, she had to fix the shocks. She had to do so much in repairs that her payments on that were higher if you amortized him.
Speaker 4: She had to draw out cash and pay for repairs or put them on credit cards. But she was paying more for that used car with two hundred and ten or two hundred some thousand miles on it, then she would have for the brand new car for the entire four years. Then at the end of four years, what did she have a piece of crap? If she had purchased the brand new Hyundai and made those payments, she would have.
Speaker 5: Had a paid off, free and clear car with another six years of warranty. Think about this now, that.
Speaker 4: Is what you call a psychological myth and mistake. When people say I don't want to I don't want a car payment, you will always unless you're swimming in cash, you'll always have a car payment unless you pay a new car cash.
Speaker 5: But if you buy a used car for cash because and it's and it's let's.
Speaker 4: Say under eight grand, now you will have major repairs.
Speaker 5: There's no question in my mind.
Speaker 4: Now there are rarities a little old lady from Pasadena and other people who don't drive and maintain the hell out of something, but it is rare, it is far between, and it will never usually happen. By the way, waterpros dot net, the best water system at the lowest prices anywhere. I think the special has expired. Wait a minute, Wait a minute. Oh, he just texted me Paul the waterman. Today is the last day for the thirty one ninety five special. You can sign up, but you can sign up, but you don't have to have it done today.
Speaker 5: And that's thirty one ninety five. Now here's what you get.
Speaker 4: Not only the reverse osmosis for drinking, You get water softening. You get the entire whole house system that would normally be for him, even him, at the best prices.
Speaker 5: Ever, Let's see if there around.
Speaker 4: Five over five grand plumbers for the same thing would charge you sixteen thousand. Now here's what I'm telling you. You can get it for thirty one ninety five.
Speaker 5: Mille bull three h three eight six y two five five four more coming right.
Speaker 4: Up, Go with a sure thing. Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, so I'm Tom Martino, your troubleshooter.
Speaker 4: Frank Ran, the real estate man, will do in market valuation of your home for the asking and tell you what it will sell for in this market based on all the elements, and he knows them all the interest rates, the comps, the inventory, the supply and demand. He'll come in pretty accurately with no obligation to list. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Frank Dran, the real estate Man dot com. Okay, listen, So I have a question. And uh oh when I said there were issues that came up. One of them was, of course, with cars and used cars crapping out. The other one was and this comes up a lot valuing a car after an accident when it's totaled, and when people pay too much or owe too much, they're in for giant shocks, and that's what happens. And so especially people when they have an older car and they paid a lot for it, they want to keep it because they want to repair it and keep it.
Speaker 5: It's better for them than the total. So what they do is they total.
Speaker 4: The car and then let's say they say you're gonna get fifteen for the car. They say, we don't want fifteen for the car. We want to keep it and fix it.
Speaker 5: They say, okay, then we're going to give you twelve or we're going to give you thirteen or whatever, and you're theoretically paying for the salvage. Insurance companies have a way of charging you too much for that salvage. Here's a rough way to estimate this. If what you pay for the salvage plus the repair cost. Okay, if you can what the salvage and the repair cost so or the remainder what you're gonna get. For example, if they total it for a fair price and subtract a fair price, then you should be able to take the salvage value along with the check you're getting. So let's say they charge you two grand and they give you a thirteen thousand dollars check, so you're netting thirteen. You're keeping the car.
Speaker 4: Now theoretically, then the thirteen plus the two equals fifteen. That should roughly be the value of that car. And it should be the value of the car after repairs. And if you can repair it for that amount, you come close. If not, then it's a bad deal and it's not worth salvaging, even though that's what you want to do. Now, if you paid too much for it, you're scrutin no matter what, nothing can help you there.
Speaker 5: Even gap insurance only covers depreciation, no overpayment, and they'll only go one hundred and twenty five percent of value only for the depreciated part, not for this is important, not for the overpayment or stupidity. As I said, gap insurance is not stupid insurance.
Speaker 4: Now, we have Brendan Killion with us from Made in the Shade, and I wanted to know if you've heard of these new shades now, Well, I don't even know that. I don't think they're on the market.
Speaker 5: But they're so thin and they can literally project You can project things on them, so you can have Wi Fi projecting images on shades, and the shades are kind of like roll up screens almost Holy crap. Does that change the.
Speaker 4: Whole complexion of window coverings? Imagine that? I mean you can have shades that come down and have different scenes for different seasons.
Speaker 5: You can literally redecorate your house for the seasons.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they'll ever hit them all. I think they'll hit the market. I think everything does eventually. Have you seen any of them at shows or ever seen anything close?
Speaker 7: I haven't seen them specifically for that. However, I have had projection screens like in my own home before.
Speaker 5: Now that but where you project something onto it right.
Speaker 7: Were correct, and so obviously they may you know, like a room darkening white rollers.
Speaker 5: Shade I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: I think these were almost like mini is it LEDs.
Speaker 3: Like the screen is like literally, oh, I've not seen that.
Speaker 5: Now we think about that.
Speaker 3: That's incredible, that's interesting. Yeah, No, I've not seen that.
Speaker 4: And what I'd like to know though, is the the future of window coverings. There is something called smart glass now, it's it's right now. I think it would be cost prohibitive to put in houses, but they're certainly working towards that.
Speaker 7: I mean, like in the like in restaurant bathrooms exactly.
Speaker 4: But this, this smart glass would be adjustable with an app, so you can adjust shades to let light in or not. And you can so you can adjust the translucency. I guess it would be called there. It's transparency probably, so you can make a translution, can make it totally transparent, you can, you can alter in between. And some of them are even experimenting with colors. So I mean, there's no end to what houses will look and feel like. I mean I know that, you know, years ago at World's Fairs, they would exaggerate what we'd be doing by now. I thought we'd all get hovercrafts riding around.
Speaker 5: But okay, let me go to the text. By the way, three oh.
Speaker 4: Three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Some people are better off paying for the repairs when needed, rather than having a fixed monthly payment for four years. How first, Okay, I was talking about buying used cars and putting money into them, I don't believe, but not when the repairs.
Speaker 5: When the repairs are.
Speaker 4: Needed, okay, But let's say you have no payment for two years and then you have a major four We're talking four and five and six thousand dollars repairs here on cars with hundreds of thousands of miles. So what I'm talking about it are dozens of thousands.
Speaker 5: I'm saying that they're not better off because your money is money is money. I mean, wouldn't you rather be paying a payment for four years and have no problems none, or paying for massive repairs and still have an old piece of crap. That's the point I'm making that the money you're putting into this car is not making it newer or better. It's still an old car. But that was That was the text I enjoyed, you know, thank you for the text. I have another one here.
Speaker 4: A guy with my computer, Colorado Computers.
Speaker 5: Charlie has helped me a lot.
Speaker 4: He said, the IP addressed conflict is probably caused by one of your devices having a static IP.
Speaker 5: So I found out what it was, Charlie. I looked on my.
Speaker 4: Google app, because my Google is my distributor of Wi Fi for you tech geeks out there, and I'm a tech geek and I know I have a lot listening.
Speaker 5: I have centry Link broadband. Love it.
Speaker 4: Century Link broadband is solid. I don't use their modem to distribute Wi Fi. I use see modems have two things in them, a router and Wi Fi. That's a wireless transmitter wireless fidelity, and then they have a router. Now a lot of people plug that router into their house so their Cat fives around the house are activated.
Speaker 5: And those are newer homes, but older newer homes.
Speaker 4: The newest homes are all doing wireless, but the Cat five or fiber by the way, but the Cat five is energized usually by the modem, or you plug into the modem for Cat fives, and then it's a wireless I decided to just use my modem from sentry Link because it's not really good Wi Fi. I use it as a bridge simply to bring in Internet, and I distribute it to Google's Google's Mesh system, and Google's Mesh system then assigns IPS and what I didn't realize Charlie until two minutes before the show and Brendan was watching me.
Speaker 5: I was able to log on to Google Home and you can view each and every item and all of their IPS. What I couldn't do is change the IP of that. It turned out one TV has the same IP address one TV, and I couldn't change it. So what I had to do is pause that TV. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know what to do about it. I don't know how to change the IP on it. There must be a way, but anyway, I digress. That is the life of technical stuff.
Speaker 5: Three h three. So, oh, I got it. You just sent me a picture. Is that today? Do I have two deputies in the studio?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 9: Do I have two?
Speaker 5: Or is that the other? Okay, so I see Dollar Dollar.
Speaker 4: I can recognize I can recognize both of them because they never mind anyway.
Speaker 5: So it's gonna be mean. I'm gonna be nice. So, Deputy Dollar, what did you do with your extra day off? Go and be honest? What did you do? Actually, Tom, it was just kind of a choir weekend, So you know what. Anyone who travels during this time, they're they're insane. I mean, they're totally insane. Chopper, what did you do?
Speaker 10: I got upset because there wasn't a Bronco game. I thought it was the start of the season.
Speaker 5: Oh, anyway, here's the text.
Speaker 4: The reason everybody issuing Donald Trump for using their music is because the number number one, he didn't ask permission.
Speaker 5: Number two he's a douche bag. I can say that, right. How many times are we going to make excuses for this guy? Okay? Good? I have more than just conservatives listening to this show, and the number is three ZHO three, seven to one to three.
Speaker 4: Talk Brendan. If you're going to do shades. They don't even make cords anymore, do they. Somebody wants to replace them and match what they have. It's not that they like chords, they just don't want to have one that's not like the others.
Speaker 5: Can you do it?
Speaker 7: There's a couple of products that still have a chord with a with a you know, a government approved release on it to make it still safe. But I would say buy and large chords are gone?
Speaker 5: Okay, So can you restring a shade? Is there such a thing? As It depends on what kind of shade it is.
Speaker 7: Like, if it's just a chord issue, you can usually get that part on the end, which is a clutch, and get that repator. You can get the chord replacement.
Speaker 4: But certainly blinds still have chords. I mean blind, you know, the good old fad. Have you seen the wood slatted blinds? And then those are all pretty much cordless too. How do they just put your hand under the bar and lift them up? Okay, well that's it, that's the blind. But then how do you adjust the loop.
Speaker 5: Is a wand so when you screw the wand that's tilt and that's way neaterter those older heads off all the strings and.
Speaker 3: You don't have to then mount anything to their window.
Speaker 7: Also like screw into the window right cleat you know for the cord So.
Speaker 4: Three O three seven one three A two five five eight eight eight Heating dot com honest good people for plumbing, electric and they can check your furnace NAC for the asking three O three seven seven zero two seven seven six go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I hear thank you better late than never on that music bro three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five to five.
Speaker 5: People are still kicked back in vacation mode. They don't really want to get ready for the school year, although it already started. Brandon, when you get busy for with Maide in the shade? When do you get busy for the holidays?
Speaker 4: Do people ever get the holiday rush like they do for bathrooms and kitchens?
Speaker 5: They do, and and floor coverings and all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they do.
Speaker 7: Unfortunately, a lot of times they don't think about the lead time on getting customers.
Speaker 5: What is the lead time that's gone on for next week? What is the And they're all custom When you say customer, every.
Speaker 7: Single one of them, I mean really yeah, I mean yeah yeah, So what is the lead to? We're down much better, like two to three weeks. I can get those things in and we have an in house from.
Speaker 5: The time you order two or three weeks yep, oh really yep.
Speaker 7: And with our in house installer, I don't sub that out so I don't have to get on someone else's schedule, so we can get people installed quick.
Speaker 4: Okay, now on a text here, Oh not a text, this is a.
Speaker 5: This is something I want to note.
Speaker 4: So ten percent year on year, houses have increased, the sales have increased, mostly for starter homes.
Speaker 5: That's a major deal.
Speaker 4: A ten percent surge in this economy is major because we're being told that. You know that interest rates have a big impact, and they do, but still a ten percent surge. Also another thing that's really important. There is a hot there is a slowdown of hiring people.
Speaker 5: And you want to know why.
Speaker 4: Gen Z is having a problem, and millennials are locked into lower paying jobs, many times in companies because baby boomers old farts are refusing to retire. They're still working and they want to work. The average retirement it used to.
Speaker 5: Be people retired at fifty eight to sixty two. People are working well into their seventies.
Speaker 4: They enjoy it and they want to do it, and they're pissing off a lot of younger people. So my question is, and I'm serious, do you think people have a duty to retire and I'm serious about it. Do you think they now I'm talking about normal jobs too. I mean, it's not like I'm making iron forging iron here, you know, I'm sitting in a home studio doing a show. But still still, do people have a duty to move over rover and let someone else take over? Also on a list of being weird, I used to put eating alone, going.
Speaker 5: To movies alone? But do you know that more and more people are doing that? So YouTube moron's I'd like to know, do you ever go to a movie alone?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 5: I've never gone. I don't think I've ever once went to a movie ever alone? Anybody go to a movie alone? Now? I've eaten out alone. I don't care about that I read or something. I don't think that's so weird. But that's not a list of weirdness. So I want to add to this list of weirdness. I added to it.
Speaker 4: Being a greeter at any store, you're weird. No one wants to be a greeeder. Hey, Deputy Dollar, maybe I could see you.
Speaker 5: Do you want to be a greeter? Chopper could be a greeeder?
Speaker 3: No, Tom not.
Speaker 5: Come on, here's a weirdness, and I hate to say it, but it's true. Let's just be honest. About it. Dating after sixty it's just weird. It's okay if you meet someone at somebody's house, but this, but dating apps and dating after sixty, it's kind of weird. I don't think any normal person would do that. Do you. Here's another thing I think is weird, and maybe maybe I might get a little disagreement from the studio. Muscle cars over fifty Be careful there, over fifty years old? Muscle cars? Is a Mustang considered a muscle car.
Speaker 10: I don't think the one eyedea spot is. I think they're talking about the seventy cars. Are you sure that's what I considered muscle cars?
Speaker 5: Do you ever eat alone?
Speaker 6: Never?
Speaker 5: At a restaurant?
Speaker 10: Only when I worked for the government.
Speaker 5: Did you ever go to a movie alone?
Speaker 10: Never?
Speaker 5: But I did bowl alone?
Speaker 4: Of course now because he has he has Cinemax at night so he doesn't have to.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry I didn't say that tonight. Go ahead, what what were you going to say? Bowling? How about bowling alone? Well, that would be stupid. Why would you do that? Well? Thanks, because there was no one else in the bowl with God. Okay, Uriah reminds me of a group. What am I?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 5: What rock group. Am I thinking of Uriyah? Come on, you're right, of course. Have you heard of them? Right? Aryah, what's going on with your firearms purchase? Uh?
Speaker 6: So I had to I placed an order. I placed an order through the store that I got trained at, and then they made me they had to order it, so I had to play it pay the entirety up front when I came back.
Speaker 4: Now, wait a minute, so you got you had to pay upfront for the weapon, right.
Speaker 6: Yes, because it was an online order. It wasn't physically in a store.
Speaker 5: Okay, but you were at the store they put the order in for you, or you did it online. That's the part I don't understand.
Speaker 6: Oh, they put the order in for me. I just went to their store because they're affiliate with the company that trained us to get an armed guard card.
Speaker 4: Okay, but did you know that you would be approved for it? Background and everything.
Speaker 6: I had the assumption I was, but I didn't. I you know, I didn't know. It's my first time trying to purchase a firearm.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I had an argument one time with a gun dealer who was charging people up front, and I said, technically, you're not buying a gun you're putting a deposit down because you can't buy it. They can't sell it to you until you're approved. Right, So how did they the money that you paid? How much did you pay?
Speaker 6: Uh with the firearm and the background check? Yeah, twelve hundred dollars, Uh, ninety four dollars and some sense.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on a second.
Speaker 4: We'll come right back to you, because I'm interested to know what went on with this, and uh, it's pretty firearms people are under pretty strict scrutiny to do things right.
Speaker 5: So hang on.
Speaker 4: I'm Tom Martine three oh three seven one three Talks seven one three eight.
Speaker 5: Two five five.
Speaker 4: Probid energy dot com for your solar energy needs. You know there are only two solar people we endorse. Probid energy dot com will take care of you from the sales, through service and warranties.
Speaker 5: Probid energy dot com.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk back to Uriah and uh free, Uh Uriah, what's happening? And how do we help you?
Speaker 5: Go ahead, sir?
Speaker 4: You said you paid up front twelve hundred bucks, background check and gun.
Speaker 5: What went wrong?
Speaker 6: The background check got denied? Uh so? I tried to appeal.
Speaker 5: Now wait, wait, wait, what do you mean? I don't understand. What do you mean? God denied?
Speaker 6: Uh so? So I purchased the fire arm. They waited a week and a half for the firearm to ship to the store. I went into the store to do the background check once the firearm had arived.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's the proper way. Then what.
Speaker 6: I did the background check, left the building and went to work. And then they called me about thirty minutes later saying that the background check got denied.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you get a refund except for the background check.
Speaker 6: That's that's too, that's too. What my awareness was, and that's what they had told me over the phone. And then they said that they just said, we issued the process of a refund. We just don't have a specific date for you.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, Wait a minute. What kind of cocking made me crap?
Speaker 5: Is that they it? How long ago did you make this purchase?
Speaker 6: I made this purchase in April?
Speaker 5: And wait a minute, well in April? When did When did you get denied?
Speaker 6: I got denied in April.
Speaker 5: Okay, and you still haven't gotten your money back.
Speaker 6: No, sir, I'm still something I'm dealing with every day, trying to know You're not.
Speaker 4: No, you were're gonna call what's the name of this damse? What's the name of this store?
Speaker 6: Uh? The store is getting rebranded, I guess, but when I'm when I was there.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, that's bad news. You said rebranded. It sounds did they sell.
Speaker 6: Look primarily from what I understood was that it's a firearms training for a company.
Speaker 4: But then they have your Riyah, hang on, man, smell a screw job here. Hold on, We're gonna get one of those deputies sitting in there, preferably probably Chopper, former cop, to do some digging on this chopper.
Speaker 5: Talk to him during the break. Let's see what we can do. We'll do.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's best rufer excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped of.
Speaker 11: News.
Speaker 1: You need advice who you don't have?
Speaker 6: Run anxious as fast.
Speaker 2: As you can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 2: Come man, this is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Okay.
Speaker 4: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Here to help you anyway. We can even have problems to solve, things to help with when it comes to life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness in your pocketbook. I have a number texts and a couple calls. Uriah started with a deposit on a firearm. Deputy Choppers, you talked to him during the break at all.
Speaker 5: Yes, I did. I got all the information. I so tell me what's going on? Chopper?
Speaker 4: They just and Uriah? They I mean they owe him a refund. He didn't buy the gun. I mean, you know, I'll tell you something. The last used to do this, by the way, went to prison. Now he didn't necessarily go to prison for that, but it was among many things in his gun dealing days that he didn't do right.
Speaker 5: And you might want to remind him that you can't keep deposits for guns because that would be wrong.
Speaker 4: Now for the background check, yes, but how much does a background check cost?
Speaker 5: Do you think, Uryah? What did they say?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 6: It was fifty dollars out of the thirteen hundred nearly Now you've.
Speaker 5: Been have you been calling them? And what do they say?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Or what?
Speaker 6: Uh? So, Well, the customer service was great until the refund thing started. They said that they would initiate it. Then every time I would follow up because they didn't provide a date, they would just nod after the phone and I'll leave a voicemail. Then they wouldn't answer, and so I would call again and then they would answer and say, yeah, we still don't have a date.
Speaker 4: But well, now, now why was your background checked?
Speaker 5: Why why was it rejected?
Speaker 6: I had something on my background that I found out that Yeah, I just I have a harassment charge on there.
Speaker 4: Okay, so listen, that was in April, and you what was the name of the at the time.
Speaker 5: What was the name of the shop.
Speaker 6: It's called UH Securities Strategic Security Solutions, LLC.
Speaker 5: And it was it was a training program.
Speaker 6: Yes, I went there at the training because I just started an armed guard position at the top of the years.
Speaker 5: Okay, do you still have that job?
Speaker 6: I still have that job? Good?
Speaker 4: Now, Strategic Security Solutions, and now when did it start transitioning?
Speaker 6: I don't necessarily have specifications from that, just kind of based on my recent research. What's the name now my researchers, Uh, I think it's called Mountain States Training Group, Ltd.
Speaker 4: I hope they didn't do some sneaky sale. Yeah, I want you to call on this.
Speaker 6: Better Business Bureaus when I found that out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want you to, uh Deputy, I want you to find out like during the show, let's not wait till today till this afternoon. I want to figure out what the hell's going on here.
Speaker 5: I'll give them a call. Yeah, there's something, there's something wrong here.
Speaker 4: So anyway, you hang on, you Riyah, I mean unless the chopper you have everything and we can just move on.
Speaker 5: You'll do that, you can let them go.
Speaker 4: I got it, Okay, Ry we can hang up. I'll go to the next call and then we'll call you back. Okay, we're gonna do some research on this one and up.
Speaker 5: No problem, man, no problem.
Speaker 4: And speaking of your Riyah, I was I was joking about you, Riyah Heap.
Speaker 5: But it's a real group here because I need some please.
Speaker 4: Your Ry Heap stealing. Actually they were not a bad group. Let me jump forward here. I wonder where they are now. Okay, let's talk to Richard. He has a comment on retirement. I've said a lot of people are putting off retirement and they're working.
Speaker 5: They enjoy it.
Speaker 4: You know, by the way, when you get to a lot of people think this isn't fair, but I think you earned it. You should get it social security when you reach full retirement age. Why shouldn't you get social security even if you're working? Hey, Richard, go ahead, what's your comment?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 8: They have minimmore retirement sixteen. You get a living in of money, like three quarter of it. She has seventy two to get full print.
Speaker 5: Where where's that?
Speaker 8: Or in Colorado?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 13: Wait, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: You don't have to be seventy.
Speaker 4: You don't have to be seventy to get full retirement.
Speaker 8: Wait wait, my wife's retired at these seven. They gave her a partial No.
Speaker 4: You get full retirement at sixty seven. I don't know what you're talking.
Speaker 8: About, because I'm getting, bro, you're.
Speaker 5: Getting wrong information is what you're getting.
Speaker 8: I'm getting I'm going through cancer, prostate cancer, and I'm this sable.
Speaker 5: May I ask you something? Hold on a sec hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, man hold on. How old was.
Speaker 4: Your wife when she applied for full Social Security for.
Speaker 8: Her sixty two?
Speaker 5: Well, that's not full social security? She okay, Look, you said that the full retirement age is seventy.
Speaker 8: Seventy two. They're going to seventy two.
Speaker 5: Okay, no they're not. So how do I tell you you're wrong?
Speaker 8: Why you just did?
Speaker 5: How? What year was your wife born?
Speaker 4: And I'm not trying to be a smart aleca I want to help you, especially if you have cancer. What what year was your wife born fifty six?
Speaker 6: Correct?
Speaker 8: Okay, born in fifty eight.
Speaker 4: Okay, then your retirement, your retirement is at sixty six years old. Technically sixty six years old within a few months. It's anywhere from two to ten months all or to get full To get full retirement, you have to be basically sixty six in a few months, both you and your wife.
Speaker 8: Because my wife hasn't really work, so you draw enough mine.
Speaker 4: Well, if your wife didn't work enough quarters, then hold on. If your wife did not work enough quarters, then she could elect to UH to postpone her benefits and they would grow by about eight percent a year until seventy You can't wait beyond seventy though.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 8: But that's why we're staying in the job. These people were.
Speaker 5: Coming, Oh are you still working.
Speaker 8: Time part time at the base? Bake three?
Speaker 5: How old are you right now? You were born in fifty eight.
Speaker 8: So you're born fifty eight, sixty five, sixty.
Speaker 4: Six October, So you can retire with all your benefits next year.
Speaker 8: But because I'm getting the disabled, I think I'm getting fool right now now?
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, So are you, But you're still working even though you have cancer.
Speaker 8: I'm doing a little bit.
Speaker 14: Yes, what kind of cancer?
Speaker 5: Eage? Shay?
Speaker 8: You had bro Pross States.
Speaker 5: You know they have really good treatment for that. You know that, right.
Speaker 8: I've had chemo eight years ago, radiation six months ago.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, you had it. You had it eight years ago. You you had it eight years ago and it came back.
Speaker 8: Yes, Well I'm so wise.
Speaker 5: And how's how are you doing? What's uh? How how serious is it now? Oh?
Speaker 8: They're good, it's well, it's zerous.
Speaker 5: I wish you the best, man, I wish you the best.
Speaker 8: That it's in there got me on the throwing the way down. I keep it down purposely.
Speaker 4: Well, it's going to be down anyway at your age. And by the way, I don't want to get into this because I want you to do whatever you got to do with your doctors. But that's a little bit of a myth that testosterone feeds that cancer. I don't want to get into it again, you know, because people have their thoughts and I'm never going to tell them not to listen to their docs. I mean, obviously you don't want to be on testosterone treatment right now. But the idea that testosterone causes it or feeds it.
Speaker 5: Is just bull crap.
Speaker 4: Mike, you have a comment on that firearms issue, Go ahead, Yeah.
Speaker 13: Tom, you talked about a blast in the past.
Speaker 14: That other gun dealer, not the one that Josiah is dealing with.
Speaker 5: But with the one that went to jail.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's out now. And by the way, the reason I didn't mention him is because he did his time.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't want to. I don't want to drag his name through the mud, right are you there?
Speaker 13: You know what? What what a turn of events because he did not own that gun store and it turns out that the ATF alleged that he stayed a couple of burglaries and did some money laundering in Florida.
Speaker 5: But well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: But was he actually you know, again, like I said, he's not here to defend himself and I don't really want to drag his name through the muddy. Did go to prison? I mean, come on, But here's what I want to know. Was he convicted of all that stuff?
Speaker 13: I believe he was because he was sentenced to seventy eight months in prison.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So in any case, like I said, I don't know what he's doing now, But like I said, I don't think he deserves a life sentence, right, So I hope everything is going well for him. And you know, like I said, I really wasn't that familiar with the case. I know that he didn't like me much, and he was good friends at one time with Peter Boyles and on a show quite a bit. But like I said, it's kind of like you never know the real story, you know.
Speaker 5: I mean, I know that he was a controversial figure and his show, actually these guys imploded. That show was very popular. They all did pretty well on that show, So who the hell knows?
Speaker 4: I'm Tom Martino. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. All right, let's keep going. Here we have Lee with a question about car insurance. Hi Lee, I'm Tom Martino. What's going on?
Speaker 13: Thank you Tom for taking this call. Yes, sir, I took out a loan two months back with a company called Landmark.
Speaker 5: And what's the loan for?
Speaker 13: Man, It was three thousand dollars to do some repairs on my little two thousand and six Saturn View that I bought from a neighbor, So it wasn't considered a car loan, not necessarily. What they did, though, was they wanted the title because that was going to be the part of.
Speaker 5: The security that's called a car loan. Uh huh, okay, that's technically a car loan.
Speaker 13: Pay it that way. But here's what happened. Get the loan and they say we need to see your insurance card. That's well, not a problem, So I got it, showed it to them. I have my liability insurance on a two thousand and six with Progressive, so at the time that we signed.
Speaker 4: The law kind of two thousand and six. What kind of car two thousand and six?
Speaker 13: What it's a saturn view?
Speaker 4: Okay, now you needed to have you needed to technically have property or collision on that.
Speaker 13: And we'll get to that right now.
Speaker 5: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 13: What happens? Okay? When we were doing the loans the ladies, I says to her, I see you want me to take your insurance to cover the car in case something happens to it.
Speaker 5: Well, you didn't have to. You didn't have to, you could do either one.
Speaker 13: Yeah, now that part you know, of course, not knowing. I just wanted to get put in a new clutch, do the things I needed. Well, I happened to go ahead, and I says, well, you know I can just get five hundred dollars or one thousand dollars. We'll just added to my progressive. She said, well, we would prefer you to take this. Well, so I did. I said, okay, I'll take your insurance. I said, now it covers everything, just like mine would was progressive.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, oh yes, no, hold on, did you take all hold on? Did you keep liabill but that he would progressive or did you do all of it? Through them.
Speaker 13: No, I kept my progressive It's always been the same. They take that out every month. And then I took this insurance policy. I've never seen it or anything.
Speaker 4: I just verbally, I said, because it's not your insurance policy, Lee, you misunderstood completely, and let me explain it to you.
Speaker 5: All right, Just let me get right to it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: That policy that lenders put on you does not cover you.
Speaker 5: It covers the balance of the loan period, right, Okay, keep going.
Speaker 13: Okay. So I'm a veteran. I was up at the VA on July twentieth, on my way home kind of by Loveland and for a birtha. I got caught in one of the worst hailstorms. I've been here all my life. I know how much hail comes down around here. I know about it. So I go down after it beat my car so badly, broke windshield this out, and yes, he'll drive it down there. So they said, well, here, you need to go get a take it to somebody, get everything checked, and give me the paperwork. So I did all that, turned it all in in this company called Securion, that is who their insurance is covered by it.
Speaker 4: But it's only to cover them. So I have a feeling. I know what's going to happen, So keep going. What happened?
Speaker 15: Then?
Speaker 13: Okay, I get a letter They said this vehicle was not covered because due to frost, cold weather. I'm snow or sleep. It is not covered here, even though you're paying six hundred whatever dollars. It was they in this little letter, it says we have exclusions. If you are a single interest vehicle coverage, you don't get covered under this. If you're a dude, I've never.
Speaker 5: Seen any of but Lee, Lee, Lee, I'm sorry you didn't, Bro, I'm really sorry. But what I'm telling you is this that was up to you to demand to see this policy you were buying. Were you paying six hundred dollars a year for this policy?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, Can I explain something. It wasn't a policy for you. And the only way that policy is going to pay is if that car is no longer of use to you.
Speaker 5: And you stop making payments. It's not going to cover you. It covers the lender only you made a mistake by buying it. It did not cover you. Okay, But I don't know what to tell you. It is what it is.
Speaker 4: There was no policy on anything that happens to that car. It's a very limited policy, very limited.
Speaker 13: You see how they were real persistent. Well, this part of it, in case something goes.
Speaker 5: On it is no. No, I don't know what they said.
Speaker 4: I don't know what they said if something goes wrong, I don't know if they said that.
Speaker 5: Lee. All I know is this, you it was.
Speaker 4: Within your power to say, now, can I see the policy? And first of all, you can't have two separate policies if you're not allowed to.
Speaker 5: So therefore you had to.
Speaker 4: Have Well, most people would have known that was their policy. It wasn't your power. It's not even written to you. They just charge you for it. It's called forced insurance. And if you would have insisted on getting your own, you could have gotten your own.
Speaker 13: You're right there. Yeah, and that's the mistake I made. For the few dollars per month, just added to my progressive everything would have been taken care of. Progressive would have Well, don't.
Speaker 4: Be so fast to say everything would have been taken care of on a two thousand and six. Well, on a two thousand and six they may have totaled your car.
Speaker 13: Correct, I get that. But yeah, but this other way I got no coverage.
Speaker 4: No, that's true, that's true. But but you're right, you're right, that's right. But what is it?
Speaker 5: How extensive is the damage?
Speaker 13: Forty seven almost forty eight hundred?
Speaker 5: What's your car? What's your car worth?
Speaker 13: Five thous saying about that much?
Speaker 5: Okay, so you're saying, and how much you owe on the loan.
Speaker 13: The same? About five thousand because.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you see, you wouldn't have gotten no matter what. Listen carefully, now, had they paid off you, they would have told of this car. You would have gotten not a red scent, and you would have walked away. Yes, so you were all right, So you would prefer to walk away and and just surrender the car, because I'm sure that they would probably do that.
Speaker 13: Nope, they didn't. Here's what they did. They said, since the car isn't worth anything, your loan would be paid every month for the rest of the period. Right your title? They sent me the title?
Speaker 5: Oh good, okay, So so what these people did now that you got a good deal, Actually, they paid off your loan and gave you the title. Normally they would keep it.
Speaker 13: No, they didn't pay I said, I still owe them five thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: They say they would pay off the loan.
Speaker 13: No, not at all.
Speaker 5: No they what did you just you just said? Correct me?
Speaker 4: Hold on, guys, am I going crazy? Or did you just say they would continue paying? Or you continue paying?
Speaker 13: I continue paying every month until the loan is paid off. They said, here, you can have your title because the car isn't worth anything anymore. No, no, no, no, no, no, no no, no no the entire.
Speaker 5: No no no no no no no no no no no no no that No.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. They can't double You're right, Lee, they can't double dip. I don't know what the hell they have. Well, they can't. If they got paid for the loss of that car, then it's done.
Speaker 13: Yeah they didn't though. See that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Well, we're gonna call them. We're gonna call them.
Speaker 4: You should be able to walk away from it. If you do walk away from it, can you buy another car?
Speaker 13: Well it'll have to wait, you know a little bit, so I can get a few funds.
Speaker 5: Well maybe we can. But here's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Maybe we negotiate something where you pay for the salvage.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well no, I'm lee.
Speaker 1: Lee.
Speaker 5: Let's say you pay a couple months or a few How much you pay every month?
Speaker 13: Oh, it's gonna be this first payment. It's like two hundred and twenty four.
Speaker 5: What do you mean this first payment? You've been paying on the thing. What do you mean this first payment? What do you pay normally?
Speaker 13: See, this is a relative to this, Lee.
Speaker 4: You're not telling me the whole story, and I know you're not. Okay, here's what they told you.
Speaker 5: They told you you can pay for the salvage monthly and keep the car. That's what they told you, because if you had to pay off.
Speaker 4: Five thousand dollars that you owed, you wouldn't have said, well, my first payment here is going to be such and such.
Speaker 5: It's not a first payment. So what did they reduce your car payment? No?
Speaker 13: Let me, I can't say it any clear. I got the letter, I've seen it now, and what you said at the very beginning of our conversation is absolutely right. What I didn't do was read the policy. Lee.
Speaker 5: I'm asking a simple question. Do they want you to pay off the entire five thousand dollars to keep the salvage.
Speaker 13: I've got to pay it off because they said I owed. That has nothing new with the car anymore?
Speaker 5: Okay, got I get it, I get it rid of the car. Well, they can't do that. So here's what they can. Lee.
Speaker 4: If you want to listen to me, just be quiet because you know nothing, nothing at all. If the way it should be is this, they got paid off, You're done that. That insurance was their insurance to your benefit. Right now, they have an unsecured loan with you, and what they should do is sell you the salvage if you want to keep it, and allow you to pay it off.
Speaker 5: The salvage value in that car. Well, might I don't know, one thousand dollars, maybe I don't know, maybe less, But that's what we should negotiate. They should not double dip on this damn thing. Did that letter come from the lender, Yes, it did not from the insurance company. That insurance company made the lender whole. Well, this lender is now trying to take advantage of you. What's the name of the lender.
Speaker 13: Well, it's Lendmark.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 13: I think I really truly believe that there's what I paid for, or what I thought I was paying for, was coverage that would cover hal And according to all lists that I've read, that.
Speaker 4: Part doesn't matter Right now, that part doesn't matter. Lee, I'm not going over that again. So it doesn't cover hal No matter what you thought, it doesn't matter what we think.
Speaker 5: It matters what it is. I have a saying it is what it is.
Speaker 4: So I want to help you though, because you should not have to pay five thousand dollars for a salvage vehicle. Okay that in my opinion, you shouldn't have to pay that, And we should have Deputy Dollar call over there and talk to these guys and say, look, you've already been paid charging for the salvage value. Unless you don't want it at all, Lee, you just want to walk away?
Speaker 5: Do you just want to walk away? I recommend you take the salvage if it's drivable.
Speaker 13: I've got it and I'm driving it right now, and it's got all the dings and stuff in it. It's just what it is. They released the title. They says that way you can do what you want with it. So I'm I guess, But.
Speaker 4: How do they plan on making you pay the five grand? How do they plan on making you play the five grand? Are they going to repossess the car? They can't. They gave it to you, So I don't dollar. Would you call them and just see what they have in mind? Because this is the queerest, weirdest problem I've heard. Three zero three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage? A dozen insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. So basically, UH, Deputy Chopper called that gun shop?
Speaker 5: What was what did they answer as Chopper? This time it was uh?
Speaker 10: I It went to voicemail and he actually called me back.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, and this is uh.
Speaker 4: In April or Euriah paid twelve ninety four for a gun and a background check when the gun arrived at the store. Uh, he did not pass background check, which is wise. The store did this properly. So then the gun store was called Strategic Security Solutions, now Mountain States Training Group. And basically they should keep the money for the background check. But they have no right whatsoever to keep the money for the gun, none whatsoever.
Speaker 5: Zero. And you're right, you should start.
Speaker 4: A small claim if he doesn't know it for you, if he doesn't refund it. Chopper, did he say he would talk to his customer.
Speaker 10: He said he had talked to him this morning, and he got upset that the gentleman called the show and he wasn't satisfied that he had talked to him this morning. He didn't say that he would talk to him again. He was very upset that I was talking to him about it, and there might be problems.
Speaker 5: We're all we're doing.
Speaker 4: All we're trying to do is help the customer and get the information and get the full story.
Speaker 5: That's why we called Mountain State Training Group.
Speaker 4: But people, beware, if this guy can't refund twelve hundred bucks, there's a problem. Okay, unless, as I said, he got screwed in the crossfire here pun intended, meaning that maybe that old shop was sold to the new shop.
Speaker 5: Or was this the same guy?
Speaker 4: You got to ask Rayah if this was the same guy that he dealt with before.
Speaker 5: What's that guy's name?
Speaker 4: Because he can't just dissolve an LLC and form another one or sell to himself just out of a debt. But I would say that we got a problem. Where's Mountain State's training group located? For God's sakes, I mean for a company not to be able to refund one thousand dollars.
Speaker 10: Both of the companies are in the lower downtown Dever along the railroad tracks, and the second one would be by the old public service supply people around Third La.
Speaker 5: And what's this guy's name?
Speaker 10: His first name is Steve. I don't have the proper spilling. I think of his last name, but.
Speaker 5: But how's it pronounced?
Speaker 16: Like ar guard?
Speaker 4: Okay, well, Steve Aragaard or something. I hope you talk to your customer or your potential customer.
Speaker 5: He wasn't going to be a customer.
Speaker 4: Mike's got a question on odometers for used cars.
Speaker 5: Mike, go ahead, what's happening?
Speaker 9: Yeah, Tom, I was shopping for used cars for my daughter before she went off to college, and I noticed something that I think is major fraud when it comes to used cars, and it's perpetrated by huh car dealers that take trade in and auctions that auction the cars off.
Speaker 5: Tell me what's what's the fraud? What is it?
Speaker 9: Well, cars at are an excellent condition but are high miles and don't have a history of odometer reading.
Speaker 15: What I'm what I.
Speaker 6: Was seeing is like they seem to be.
Speaker 9: Rolled back to like the last reading. Like I saw cars that showed more use than sixty five thousand miles. But when I was looking at carfax or been verified for their their history, I was seeing like the last inspection and the last odominant reading that was actually registered with those domains.
Speaker 13: Does that make sense?
Speaker 4: So hold on, So you actually did a carfax and the mileage on the car facts disagreed with the odometer.
Speaker 9: No, what I'm saying is that there's not a lot of history of odometer readings when they get serviced in a dealership or like Greece, monkey will, We'll send you a domeinter reading for every time you get a service to certain places.
Speaker 4: So what are you saying? I mean, who's perpetrating the fraud. What are you saying, Like, are you saying that these deal that get the car to sell, they checked to see what the last odometer reading was and they kind of just roll it back to near that.
Speaker 9: What I'm saying is like, just let's just say AutoNation takes in a high mileage, clean car, but they won't put it on their on their lot because it's high mileage. So but they don't they don't register the odometer with let's just say carbacks before they.
Speaker 13: Auction it off.
Speaker 9: Okay, So now some person takes that trade and they know because they did a search on Carfax, got it ontometer?
Speaker 4: No, I get it. No, that's exactly what I was saying. So you're saying they research it and they turn it back to what they think they can get away with.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, hold on a second. That that that that's cool. Just hold on.
Speaker 4: I mean that that is a very astute observation.
Speaker 5: Now I got to take a.
Speaker 4: Couple of calls, but I would love to talk to you about this, but I don't want to keep these other people hanging either.
Speaker 5: Hold on, we got more coming right up.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing. Denver's Best Rufer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Hi Tom Martino here. I'm gonna go back to that odometer thing later, but I want to talk to Paul. He has an issue here. I want to sounds pretty serious. Go ahead, Paul. What's happening? Wow, Paul, Paul? Is he not there?
Speaker 15: I'm here?
Speaker 5: There you go, man, what's happening?
Speaker 15: Well, we had some work done at our house and I didn't agree with the bill, and I told the man that and wanted to discuss it with him.
Speaker 5: What kind of work? What kind of work?
Speaker 15: We had a sewer back up into the basement.
Speaker 5: And what kind of work was done? Was this the plumbing part of it or was this the clean up part of it?
Speaker 15: This was the clean up part of it.
Speaker 5: Oh, okay? Okay.
Speaker 4: And you didn't ask ahead of time an approximate how much or anything?
Speaker 15: Yes, I did.
Speaker 5: Okay, who'd you hire?
Speaker 15: I I honestly don't want to say over the air?
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 15: I'm afraid of this gentleman. He's the way he he's gone crazy on me.
Speaker 5: No, no, I don't want you to do anything weird. Okay.
Speaker 4: So you hired a cleanup company and then and then, but you never asked about price at all.
Speaker 15: I did. And he told me that he'd been in business for thirty years and this was approximately thirty five hundred to four thousand dollars. I said, well, that seems like a lot. On the other hand, I don't know anything about it.
Speaker 5: So I don't either. I don't either as far as your particular job. But was that including any repairs or just clean up?
Speaker 15: Just clean up?
Speaker 5: Okay? About four four grand for cleanup? Okay? So did you know your insurance sometimes covers this?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 15: I do?
Speaker 5: And what happened?
Speaker 4: And consulting, now, tell me what happened. I just wanted to get those basics. So what happened?
Speaker 15: He sent me a bill for thirteen eighty nine dollars dollars.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Oh my god, just wait wait agree with this just for cleanup?
Speaker 15: Yes, what cleanup?
Speaker 5: I know?
Speaker 4: Does he admit that he said it was going to be around four grand?
Speaker 15: He said that was his initial thought.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on, man, this is e dissit. What hole is? Did you say thirteen or fourteen? Wow? I'll come back. I think you said thirteen something? Yeah, thirteen wow. More coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. We got a lot of good stuff right after this.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Rid bad news, need advice? Who you don't have?
Speaker 2: Run as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 2: This is the Troubleshooter show No Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Three oh three seven one three talk seven R two five five to my left here, Yes, we're on a watch shot. Its Brendan Killian from Denver Shades dot Co.
Speaker 5: Which is made in the shade. Brendan, we have a question here about the steps. How many trips they have to make to the house. They want to know, can you do anything virtually or is it all on a visit for window coverings?
Speaker 3: H two trips basic, that's it. Yeah.
Speaker 7: One is for us to come out and we measure, measure with a laser so everything's cut to with it.
Speaker 5: And then you have a designer at the same time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's the same person show you samples and you know, colors and everything from every major company out there.
Speaker 5: And if you decide to go, then it's three weeks from there maybe yes, total.
Speaker 7: Three weeks depending on the product and uh. And then the last and then the second step is my installer comes out, installs them and you don't pay the final bill until you're all installed and happy in a reaw and you.
Speaker 4: Say there's a rush before the holidays, you'd rather get it done sooner.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And you're gonna are you gonna do a sale?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we've got one going on right now, twenty five percent off anything we vote you inside or even outdoor roller shades and Aunings.
Speaker 4: Denver Shades dot Co sevent to zero four five eight six five six six. Now I want to continue with Paul this. This is unbelievable to me, Brandon, what would you do if that happen? I mean, God almighty. The guy says approximately four grand, and he admits that.
Speaker 5: Then he did the cleanup and it was thirteen thousand dollars. So tell me what you did? Did you faint when you got the bill?
Speaker 15: I should him text saying we need to talk. This can't be right. And he called back and said, you don't know anything about my business. I know what I'm doing. This is what it costs. And so I took his bill down to the insurance company.
Speaker 5: And told him to who's your carrier?
Speaker 15: Please? The state farm?
Speaker 5: Now what, let me just ask you? What's your deductible?
Speaker 15: Twenty five hundred?
Speaker 5: So what do you? And I mean this sincerely, what do you care?
Speaker 15: Then it's wrong, factually by a tremendous amount. There's work.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, so you believe you believe he's actually cheating, Like he has stuff on there that's not factually.
Speaker 15: Correct, absolutely like what.
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 15: Like he claimed to have removed patty, and there is none. The carpet was glued down to the.
Speaker 5: Certain Oh my god? What else?
Speaker 15: There was a rug that was on a portion of it, and he claimed that it was all the entire square feet of it and he only cut out the part that was damaged and the rest of it still exists.
Speaker 5: What else?
Speaker 15: He claims that he pulled out all of the glued down carpeting and over two hundred and some feet of it still exist.
Speaker 5: What else? Let's see, what about drywall? What about drywall? Did he say he cut out drywall?
Speaker 15: No, no, nope, nope, this all just the floor.
Speaker 5: What about blowers?
Speaker 15: Yes there was blowers.
Speaker 5: Did he exaggerate how many and how long?
Speaker 15: It's all in there? But it's all all right?
Speaker 5: So you told your insurance not to pay it?
Speaker 15: I did?
Speaker 5: What did they say?
Speaker 15: I never was able to get a call back from the adjuster and.
Speaker 5: George, So did they not pay it?
Speaker 15: Explain that situation? No, what they did was send me a check for how much what they thought was.
Speaker 5: What did they send it to you for how much?
Speaker 15: Ten thousand?
Speaker 5: Okay, so will he settle for that?
Speaker 15: No he won't. He won't.
Speaker 5: So they're actually paying it in full.
Speaker 15: He wants the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Well, they're paying it in full because there's your deductible.
Speaker 5: On that.
Speaker 15: There was other No, no, no, no, I'm not explaining this right.
Speaker 4: They sent you a check for ten grand. How much is your deductible?
Speaker 15: I also gave him a thousand dollars the day he started.
Speaker 5: Okay, so how much is your deductible?
Speaker 15: Well, at that point, I guess it would only be fifteen hundred.
Speaker 5: You have a twenty five hundred dollars deductible.
Speaker 15: Math doesn't lie on thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: I don't care how much you gave him.
Speaker 4: You have a twenty five hundred dollars deductible plus ten grand.
Speaker 5: They, in their minds are paying that bill in full. Okay, that's all I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Your insurance company is doing the right Your insurance company is standing behind is doing the right thing. And you just don't like the idea that this guy and I don't either. So but but but they have paid everything they're supposed to pay. I mean, actually more so technically, how much do you feel he should be paid. I'm just curious out of this, And will you send the extra money back to your insurance company because you're supposed to You don't get to keep.
Speaker 5: It, you know that?
Speaker 15: Right about that, I talked to him about that and told him that I would do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, of course you have to. But this guy's thinking, you want to keep the money. I know, see, because most homeowners do that, Paul. Most homeowners do that they get a check from their insurance company. I'm not talking about you now, I'm talking about most people.
Speaker 5: When they get a check from their insurance company.
Speaker 4: They think, how can I screw this contractor and keep some up more of that money for myself?
Speaker 15: Okay. The reason I called them and told them that it was wrong was because there's the I believe you if you willfully no, it says right on there on state farms, if you willfully submit a bill that you know is fraudulent, you can be held liable.
Speaker 5: No, And I believe you.
Speaker 4: I believe that you are truly that you're not kind of profit from this.
Speaker 5: I believe you.
Speaker 15: Okay, right, Well, anyway, they decided to file a lean and said that if I don't figh up, they're going to foreclothes on his house within four months.
Speaker 5: Okay, and they're absolutely correct, they will have a right to do that.
Speaker 15: Okay, how do I answer that?
Speaker 5: Okay, you get in real estate attorney and you dispute it and you have to go to court.
Speaker 15: Okay, that's fine. What about this small claims court?
Speaker 11: You're not suing him, He's singas is.
Speaker 15: Just in case of additional security to where you will end up with a judgment on your credit and your credit.
Speaker 4: Paul, listen, yeah, there is no small Is he taking you to small claims?
Speaker 15: Yes? Oh, additional seventy five hundred dollars additional?
Speaker 5: So what does that mean?
Speaker 4: Wait, on top of the thirteen, On top of the thirteen, he wants seventy five hundred more.
Speaker 15: That's correct? Why because he says that I'm I'm trying to fraud him, and he wants to says here, small claims case is just additional security to where you will end up with the judgment on your credit and your wife's credit. So now you understand that I'm not playing yourself right to scheme? Okay, I know all you're trying to do is commit fraud and steal money that belongs to us and pay us less. What all we wanted to do is get Paul.
Speaker 4: Paul, I'm going to tell you something. He's probably thinking that's what you're doing. And if he but if you have factual information that he's wrong and that he did not do what's on that invoice, are you willing to pay him for what he did do?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 5: And what would that be?
Speaker 15: I don't think it could be worth any more than twice what he quoted eight thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: But where are you coming up with that?
Speaker 15: Because if twice what a man in business?
Speaker 4: Okay, Paul, Paul, You're going to lose. Okay, I want you to remember the day and the time I told you this. You're going to lose, and it's going to be devastating for you because you're going to have attorney's fees and everything on top of it. I just want to tell you I've been through this with homeowners before. Okay, did you have a contract before he started work?
Speaker 15: Sure? We did.
Speaker 5: And does it say does it say four thousand dollars? No?
Speaker 4: Okay, then you don't have a contract. Okay, Now, Paul, please listen to me. You don't have to do what I say, but if you don't, you will lose. You will absolutely lose. In the absence of a contract, you cannot hold him to a verbal estimate. Okay, you can't hold him to it, heh What you can hold him to is and.
Speaker 5: He can't hold you to an arbitrary number.
Speaker 4: Okay, So then what is the principle that a judge would use. I'm not going to give you legal advice. I'm just going to tell you from experience. What what do you think the principle is. It's called quantum marrow.
Speaker 12: It don't It's called quantum marrow. It it means, it means, means a reasonable sum of money to be paid for services rendered and value gotten. Okay, okay, now, so your opinion will be will mean nothing, nothing, zero in that argument.
Speaker 5: The only way you have a prayer of.
Speaker 4: Winning is to be honest with an independent expert and let them price it out, but not let them know. Not let them know because they will have to testify. And the first question the plaintiff will ask is did he show you the contract?
Speaker 5: Because you have to.
Speaker 4: Let someone give you a blind estimate of value you received, not his contract. And if you don't describe. You can describe the con track, but no price is with it, okay.
Speaker 5: And then you can.
Speaker 4: Show where you think it differed. And then when you get an expert for court, you may have a prayer of winning. Because this guy's gonna come in now on the small claims court.
Speaker 5: That's punitive.
Speaker 4: And you can tell the judge your honor, he's already suing me in regular court. Okay, just you know, just tell them. I mean, I don't even know how that guy would get a judgment against you. He's already suing you in regular court. That thing has no prayer of winning. And usually there's arbitration before the small claim. But you need to hire an expert and also hire an attorney if he forecloses on your house, or.
Speaker 5: You will lose and it will be devastating. I just want you to know that I've had a woman.
Speaker 4: I had a woman who was one one hundred percent in the right and she lost her home because she did not know how to argue the case. You need an attorney and you need an expert. And just so you know, this sucks, but it's gonna cost.
Speaker 5: You at least five thousand dollars to fight it. Okay, just so you know. Now, I know that you don't want to hear this.
Speaker 4: But the wisdom in this is to settle with this guy if he will settle. But maybe he won't, and then you have no choice to fight.
Speaker 5: But so go ahead, let us know how it goes.
Speaker 4: I would call Brad O'Brien O'Brien legal services to start. That's where I would call. This is what he does, real estate kind of law. He might refer you and say you need construction. I don't know, but I think you need to fight this or you're gonna lose your home.
Speaker 5: Okay. Now the good news is he doesn't get to keep your home.
Speaker 4: He just gets to get paid plus his court costs and attorney's fees. You get whatever is left over after foreclosing on your home.
Speaker 5: Okay. Any questions, Paul.
Speaker 15: H Yes, is that mister O'Brien in Denver or is he in another city?
Speaker 4: He's in Denver, O'Brien, I'm gonna give you the number. Here's the number seventies here.
Speaker 15: Anybody, I'm where are you in a different town?
Speaker 5: Where are you?
Speaker 15: Well? Honestly, I think I'm in Collar to Springs.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Well, Okay, we need to find some I don't know anyone offhand down there, but please please get an attorney familiar with real estate and leans and hire them and tell them the situation. I know you disagree with what he did, but it might be wisdom to try to settle and that punitive thing with small claims court.
Speaker 5: I don't don't. The guy sounds like a hothead.
Speaker 4: Okay, so if you want us to call him, you know, we'll see if he wants to settle. But it doesn't sound like you want to. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three O three seven to one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show. Let's go back to the phones.
Speaker 5: That was bad news for that guy.
Speaker 4: But listen, and I didn't forget about this used car thing, I swear to God. In fact, I was thinking maybe we bring Mike back on the car day. But hold on, Mike, I want to try to get to you here, and I'm going to take a couple other people here real quick. Here, let's go to uh Darren, since we called him Darren, Go ahead, What's what's your deal?
Speaker 5: Darren?
Speaker 14: Hi, tom My daughter was involved in a car accident though two three months ago, and we've got the vehicle repaired. We ran the repair through my uninsured motor vehicle because I didn't have the other party's insurance at the time. But I've a client.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, Wait a minute.
Speaker 4: You ran the repair, so you had uninsured property damage.
Speaker 14: Yes, good, And the other party actually has insurance, so my insurance is gonna uh what do they call that?
Speaker 5: Subergate and a suburbgate to.
Speaker 14: The other company, other party who is at fault. I'm filing a claim for diminished value on my deb Who are you filing it against Peaking insurance, which is the at fault party's insurance.
Speaker 15: Okay, good?
Speaker 14: Yeah, And I sent this to them and they are responding stating that they cannot process the diminished value until they have counted for all damage, just to all vehicles involved, to make sure the property limits are not going to be reached.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 14: That they're telling me is if he's got fifty thousand dollars worth of limit and it's sixty thousand dollars worth of property damage, I'm out, Darren.
Speaker 4: Here's what I want you to do. This is this is really important. Okay, I want you to listen. This is really important, and this is this is a thing that John Fuller brings.
Speaker 5: Up all the time.
Speaker 4: In fact, can you see if John's available real quick here, because I want to ask him what he does in these cases for pain and suffering. Be happy it's not pain and suffering. I'm going to tell you about property damage. Then I'm going to ask Fuller about pain and suffering for those who might run across this for pain and suffering. So Kachino while i'm talking, if you can get Fuller on. But Darren, here's what happens, and this is what sucks with state minimums. Okay, if this guy has a state minimum or any kind of coverage whatever he has, there's a saying you ensure for what you're worth. And do you know why they say that, Darren, Because go ahead.
Speaker 14: If they're worth zero, they can ensurve for zero pretty.
Speaker 6: Much we have.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So but if there worth ten million and they have state minimum insurance, you're going to turn down the state minimum insurance and you're going to go after them personally.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: So that's why people who have more money must ensure for more money, because you want to keep people from coming after you. So it has to be a big enough carrot on a stick where they won't come after you.
Speaker 5: People do not understand that.
Speaker 4: So now, when you have a low net worth person, okay, and you so, if you have a low net worth person who has state minimums, let's say his total what is the total liability that they have.
Speaker 5: Let's just talk real.
Speaker 14: I don't know they have all right, let's say it.
Speaker 4: Let's say it's fifty okay, And if this person caused the damage to all of the cars and they're all going to put in a claim, right, correct, They're going to proportionately meet out the claims for property damage first. Okay, then if there's money left over, then they'll take into consideration your diminished value.
Speaker 14: Okay, but I'm going to tell.
Speaker 5: You hold on. You may not you may not even get your property damage.
Speaker 4: Let's say let's say the repairs on your car are ten grand.
Speaker 5: And the repairs on the other cars are ten.
Speaker 4: Grand, and he has fifty thousand, Well I'm getting Let's say he has twenty five.
Speaker 5: Thousand or whatever it is.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying is, let's say there's not enough to pay for everyone's repairs. There are situations in this state, or in many states, where you could technically be paid three or four thousand on a ten thousand dollars property damage claim, and you you would say, well, that's not fair. How can I not be covered for the damage the other party caused?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 15: Correct?
Speaker 4: Well, the answer is because they don't have enough insurance. So, no matter how devastating your property damage, if the guy doesn't have the coverage, you don't get paid, not from the insurance company.
Speaker 5: You don't.
Speaker 4: So now you have the So now you have the option of going after some deadbeat who makes twenty five grand a year. All right, so you could you could literally get a judgment for the rest of your damages. Let's say you get a judgment for the full twenty five thousand dollars in damages to your car.
Speaker 5: How are you going to collect it?
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's like trying to get blood from a tournament.
Speaker 5: So therefore, you just spent five, six, seven, eight thousand dollars to get a judgment that you'll never collect. So now that's property damage. I want to ask John Fuller Fuller Law, he does personal injury. John, in a multiple car accident where one car is primarily at fault, whether it's a traffic accident or a guy mulling in pedestrians, When you have a guy that is underinsured totally, how do they meet out the pain and suffering claims?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Good question.
Speaker 16: How many vehicles were involved?
Speaker 5: No, in this case, there was no personal injury, I don't think.
Speaker 4: But let what I said was, I will talk about property damage, but when it comes to personal injury, it's.
Speaker 5: Devastating for people. Explain how that can happen.
Speaker 16: Okay, So in a hypothetical accident, let's say we have you know, four or five or even more people injured. So if you look at your insurance policy, our insurance coverages are expressed normally with two numbers, So as an example, on the lower end, it'll say twenty five slash fifty And what that means is that no one person can get more than twenty five thousand, and no one accident can can you know, eat up more than fifty thousand dollars in coverage. So as long as you only have two people, you're fine. Each party could get up to the maximum coverage of the twenty five thousand. But the moment you have a third party that's injured, then all of a sudden, your twenty five thousand and your fifty thousand cap don't really do you a lot of good because now we're looking at how to divide fifty thousand into potentially three people. So let's say that that's you know, eighteen thousand and a change to you know, to each party or you know whatever, sixteen.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's even worse, John, Sometimes you could have somebody with life stabilitating injuries and they get pennies.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm going there.
Speaker 16: So the next step is that we have to fall back on our own uninsured motorist coverage that stacks literally on top of what the other guy has. So even if you split the other guy's coverage fifteen different ways, the moment that you've exhausted that coverage, whether you've got five dollars of it or the full fifty or twenty five thousand of it, we then looked to your UM coverage. And that's why I stress every time I'm on the radio about the importance of M because it's the only coverage that you can buy that is only going to benefit you and your family. But your UM will never cover that second car, or that third car, or that fourth car.
Speaker 4: Now, what about property damage, though? Can is that he has uninsured property damage?
Speaker 16: He said that that sacks right on top of the fifteen thousand dollars state minimum that our legislature decided to put into place, like twenty years ago, when you could buy a car for fifteen or twenty thousand.
Speaker 4: But I'm wondering, do you think he can get diminished value as part of that underinsured property damage?
Speaker 14: Of course you do.
Speaker 16: You have comprehension as well, Yes, yeah, of course you can. You're just going to have to make a claim for the for the diminished value you're going to make a claim for the property damage itself, and then you're kind of going to make a second claim for the diminished value, and you could do that against your insurance company.
Speaker 6: More than likely.
Speaker 16: The diminished value portion would go onto the comprehensive portion and the rest of it would go under the uninsured mode.
Speaker 4: And that's Darren if he doesn't have enough insurance to cover.
Speaker 6: You, right.
Speaker 14: Only if they come back and say they don't have enough, right.
Speaker 4: You got to do it out of lock, right then you got to go with your own That's why you have that.
Speaker 14: My main question was is so it sounds like all the property damage has to be paid before they'll even look at the diminished value. It just doesn't go in as claim one, claim two, my diminished value Claim three, Claim four, Claim five, and they pay him plaim one two, three, four five.
Speaker 4: It looks like they are trying to divide up for the actual property damage first before they dole out any diminished value.
Speaker 5: That's the party at fault.
Speaker 16: Yeah, and I'm sure that they do. But the reality is, you know, once they've exhausted that coverage, you know, you got to think about it. Diminished value only comes into play. On vehicle that's been repaired. So if the car happened to be a total loss, we don't get to deal with diminished value. It's just a you know, the value is so tuned into the total loss. So we're just dealing with you know, we're the vehicles that have been repired, and once they've been repaired, then we can assess or assess what the diminished valran.
Speaker 4: Thank you, John John Fuller. If you need information like this, that's what he's there for. Plus he can help you with any personal injury claim. He consults you free of charge, and he works on a percentage fee basis three oh three, five nine seven forty five hundred. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 5: Two, Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter.
Speaker 4: Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Lisa, Sorry you had to wait. You have an issue with a mortgage company, and I'm so hoping we can help you.
Speaker 11: What's going on me too? Okay, my daughter bought a condo in twenty February twenty twenty one. I'm the co signer, which is why I'm calling.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: So, by the way, being a co signer is basically, you know, it's it's a it's a mild term.
Speaker 5: You're you are actually on the loan with her, Okay, right.
Speaker 11: Exactly exactly, And she's a teacher, so she can't call her.
Speaker 15: In the day.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 11: So that was February twenty one. In May of twenty two, and that's this year, right, No, So well, in February twenty one, she bought the.
Speaker 4: Condo February of twenty twenty one, got it.
Speaker 15: Right, twenty one.
Speaker 11: The lender was United Wholesale. So over a year later, May of twenty two, United Wholesale sold the loan to Flagstar Bank. Okay, so my daughter starts paying Flagstar Bank, same amount the taxes and insurance continued to be pulled out of her payment and were sent to the insurance company.
Speaker 13: Safeco Insurance got it.
Speaker 11: Several months went by. Everything's fine, no notices, no change upper, higher or lower of payment whatever. In April of twenty three, a Safec sends a notice to the original mortgage company, Wholesale Mortgage or United Wholesale that they haven't received a payment.
Speaker 5: Then how long and how long?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 11: I think what happened was the insurance came up for renewal and instead of safe Co recognizing that they've been getting payments from Flagstar, which they have for like nine months, I get it, they went back to the original mortgage company, who, of course did nothing about it, right right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so did the insurance lapse.
Speaker 11: The insurance lapsed, and the new mortgage company, Flagstar, reached out to safe Co Insurance, and we have some cryptic documentation that that happened, but there was no follow up on the part of either Safeco or flag Stars. So basically left my daughter and myself without homeowners insurance for oh.
Speaker 8: I'd say about you.
Speaker 11: And then in August of twenty three, there's a hailstorm and there's damage to the condo. So, oh my god, in April of April of twenty four.
Speaker 4: Wait wait, wait, what kind of damage though in a condo? What kind of damage does hail cause.
Speaker 11: To a conail damage roof the roof?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but but hold on, hold on, but you have eight that's paid through the condo HOA. Usually, usually your individual insurance doesn't cover that.
Speaker 5: Is this a town home or a condo?
Speaker 11: It's a condo, but they don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm just telling you roof doesn't work. Here's how roof works in a condo. You guys pay HOA fees, which goes towards your condo. The only thing you have to kick in is if there's not enough coverage from the condo. From the HOA, each unit is assessed their portion.
Speaker 11: I think that's what they're saying.
Speaker 5: Okay, but here's what I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: If if you were assessed a portion, your insurance would not have covered that anyway, unless you had assessment coverage, because you don't carry roof coverage as a condo.
Speaker 11: She had assessment coverage.
Speaker 4: Okay, got it? And how much was the assessment?
Speaker 11: The assessment was ninety five hundred minus. She had one thousand dollars deductible.
Speaker 4: Now did anyone step forward to pay the eighty five hundred.
Speaker 11: They're allowing her to make monthly payments?
Speaker 4: Okay, so hold on, So this insurance lapsed. Was she ever notified by mail her?
Speaker 5: Not anyone else? Was she ever notified? No, this is a weird situation here, Lisa, is because you guys were never notified.
Speaker 4: Safe Co Insurance reached out to Flag to the original lender and the original lender, and you never said who the original lender.
Speaker 11: Was was United Wholesale.
Speaker 5: Oh wait, you're right.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now here's here's what I want to know. And I never heard of unitedho.
Speaker 5: But that original, that original, that original.
Speaker 4: Lender, United Wholesale had no responsibility to do anything. So they're out of it. But here's what I don't understand. If you were making monthly payments out of escrow anyway, why did the insurance laps?
Speaker 11: Because Flagstar was saying said that they didn't know who to send the money to.
Speaker 5: What do you mean you mean?
Speaker 4: So Flagstar never paid ever since May of twenty twenty two, they never paid that insurance.
Speaker 11: No, since they paid it until they paid it when the mortgage was originally sold, and then when Safe Co when her annual homeowners insurance whatever came do they canceled her policy. So at that point flagstart.
Speaker 4: But why did they cancel her policy if she was making payments? Hold on a second, hold on this, Lisa, You guys have a serious problem.
Speaker 5: We may have to call you back after.
Speaker 4: We get Compass on after the after one o'clock. I don't want you to hold for ten to fifteen minutes. We need to get Compass Insurance on to talk about this. Compass is not involved, but they are.
Speaker 5: My insurance experts.
Speaker 4: Hold on three oh three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Hi, Tom Marks, you know you're a troubleshooter.
Speaker 4: Brian Burns really quickly, I want to ask you somewhere, running out of time, but I want to bring you back after the break. Okay, if you have an insurance policy and you're paying on it through your escrow, and the insurance company contacts your original lender, not the current servicing company but the a Nope, part of your own, they just they instead of contacting the current lender, they went to the previous lender who had sold the loan and said the policy is coming up for renewal. That original lender ignored it since they no longer had that loan, so the insurance lapsed. The current lender had no idea, She had no idea, she was never notified by safe Code directly.
Speaker 5: Do you and then they had a loss?
Speaker 4: Do you think there's some rejo just quick answer, a responsibility somewhere other than the consumer.
Speaker 17: Doubtful And I can explain, Oh doubtful.
Speaker 4: Okay, we need to talk about that coming up. I'm Tom Martino. Stay tuned, Lisa plus Bill has a question.
Speaker 5: On appleside er vinegar.
Speaker 4: What go with a sure thing? Best roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Three time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, RIPPD News.
Speaker 11: You don't have.
Speaker 1: Run anxious asta as you can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 2: Come man, this is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: Now, Tom Martino, Okay, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. THREEO three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Denver Regen dot com stem cell therapy and also hair regeneration through stem cell.
Speaker 5: I'm having it done. There are actual results.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you it's cool and I've only had two treatments two A four and you'll love this Denverregen dot Com.
Speaker 5: They're especially great for.
Speaker 4: Pain relief knees, elbows, joints and stem cell therapy. People I've been with for a while now Denverregen dot com.
Speaker 5: So let's talk.
Speaker 4: I have Brian burns On. He's with the Compass Insurance Group. They do free insurance checkups to make sure you're not overinsured, underinsured, to make sure you're not.
Speaker 5: Paying too much. Now they tell you if you have a great deal too, they don't try to change you. That's three of three nine ninety six nine.
Speaker 4: Now Brian's not involved in this particular case. But Lisa has a condo insured through Safeco and what happened was the loan was sold from lender one to lender two when safe Co insurance and they were faithfully paying through Escro. When Safego insurance came up for renewal, they sent a notice to lender one neglected to send a notice to lender two, so lender one did nothing, did not notify.
Speaker 5: Lender two did nothing.
Speaker 4: Lender two did not renew because they didn't renew and the consumer didn't know it was up, so the consumer did nothing.
Speaker 5: The condo owner. So now you have a situation.
Speaker 4: Where safe Co lapsed or canceled or terminated the insurance.
Speaker 5: But really what's weird is no one got notice of it.
Speaker 4: According to everyone involved, the first lender got noticed, the second lender did not, and Lisa says she never got notified the insurance was lapsed. So they sat there without insurance from August or no, no, not from August, from April, and then in.
Speaker 5: August there was a hailstorm.
Speaker 4: And now she's facing an assessment that no one will pay for. And she did have assessment coverage before.
Speaker 5: What do you do with that? Brian? But first of all, Lisa, is all of that correct?
Speaker 11: It is correct. I will add though, that mortgage lender number two, Flagstar, did reach out to Safeco. We have documentations shown when called them, let's see in February.
Speaker 5: No, you know that'd mean nothing to us. Here's what I need to know. Did they reach out to Safeco before it was expired and lapsed?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 5: Why they knew what was coming up?
Speaker 11: Well, I don't know do mortgage companies, you know, don't they need like an.
Speaker 5: Annual you know what? So when they notified?
Speaker 4: Okay, so when they reached out to Safeco, what happened.
Speaker 11: Nothing.
Speaker 5: They have a record of reaching out to Safeco.
Speaker 11: They have a record of calling Safeco or they have a name, they have a record of faxing something to safe co.
Speaker 18: I don't know what that was.
Speaker 11: Apparently nothing became of that, and there was no follow up on the part of Flagstar. So Safeco stopped getting payments and then that's when they terminated the insurance.
Speaker 5: Why. I don't understand this though.
Speaker 4: Why did the lenders stop making payments if you and your daughter were still making the payments?
Speaker 11: We don't know.
Speaker 4: Okay, Brian, what do you make of all of Yes, Okay, let Brian interpret this.
Speaker 17: Okay, this is not that abnormal an event. What happens is the mortgage company and this is one of the problems of ASCRO And I know it's kind of a necessary evil for a lot of us that you know, you're required by the loan company a lot of times to have it the insurance tess road. But to Lisa's point, she's still making the payments because it's part of her monthly payment, but she has to rely on her mortgage company to pay her insurance and for the insurance and the mortgage company to communicate. So I do understand the problem there. But whenever a mortgage company is sold off or change, they don't notify the insurance company notify Usually the person the actual loanholder, like, were you notified that your loan got transferred to Flagstar.
Speaker 11: No, but we figured it out because eventually, you know, my daughter was making monthly payments and she had to start. I mean UWM wouldn't take her payments anymore because they sold their mortgage, and so she started live start and that all continues to her insurance was paid or taxes were paid. But no, we did not get a letter.
Speaker 14: They should have.
Speaker 17: I mean, I think they almost have to. And maybe and this is starting to sound like it's kind of a consistent problem here, because here's what I was trying. Whenever you went to break I said, doubtful. Here's the reason why it's up to an insured to inform the agent or in this case safego. I don't know if you have an agent whatever to inform them of a new mortgage company that they can then update the policy so that it bills to the correct company, because otherwise we wouldn't know, I wouldn't have a clue that your loan sold, so you wouldn't need to your agent who could then update the policy or contact safe could directly and do it. But then also the reason I also is that in the policy language of any homeowner policy, any kind of condo policy, it's going to say that they have to uh to let you know in writing that a cancelation takes place, but it states there the only the only proof they have to have is that they have proof of first class mailing. So in other words, they just have to prove they mailed it out.
Speaker 5: What if they can't prove it?
Speaker 4: Lisa, is it possible your daughter did not look?
Speaker 11: I mean, I guess anything's possible. But wouldn't I have, as the co signer, gotten the same ladder.
Speaker 17: No, it's just they were seeming sure it is. It's it's the name shirt on the policy wherever all the documents go. And what I guess I'm telling you is I would absolutely hold their feet to the fire and say, hey, give me proof that you send up this cancelation.
Speaker 5: Lisa, you got to do that. You got to tell that you were never noted fight of a lapse.
Speaker 11: When we go to Safeco, they tell us to go to Flagstar. When we go to Flagstar, they tell us to go to Safeco. They won't Okay, okay, hold on how much our account? You know how you have like a document section in your account. There's no document.
Speaker 4: Okay, even here's what I would recommend you do. Here's what I recommend. The limit of small claims court is seventy five hundred. Do you have an insurance agent?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 11: And just to add here, she wasn't notified of any of these.
Speaker 5: Well, these communications tough.
Speaker 4: If she was your agent of record, I would sue both her and Safeco.
Speaker 5: It's not your mortgage company's problem. They reached out to see now.
Speaker 11: They collected the money even though they will continued to collect money for a year and didn't question who to send the money to.
Speaker 5: You said they reached out to say you said.
Speaker 18: They did, but.
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 13: I just hold on.
Speaker 4: So if SAFEG did not respond, wait, if SAFEG did not respond, I don't understand. Normally an insurance company if they're not insured.
Speaker 5: If that mortgage company was not insured.
Speaker 4: They would have pushed put forced insurance on you for that long of time, right, Well, was forced insurance put on you?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 17: No, and it wouldn't have loss assessment coverage, so it really wouldn't help you in this matter. They wouldn't have to carry loss assessment and forced place is usually for a hometown, not condos because the HOA has has a policy for the exterior, which is really what the mortgage company cares about. But my point is it's a simple conversation to say, I'm not asking for I can't just say one at All you need to say is I need proof that you sent me cancelation.
Speaker 5: Your agent, your agent, Lisa, your agent needs to do it for you.
Speaker 15: Right.
Speaker 11: She tried, she escalated it. Her manager said, sorry, we can't help you. So how do I get these two companies.
Speaker 5: To knock to one? First of all, First of all, Lisa, you need to you need to hear us because you're not listening.
Speaker 18: Okay.
Speaker 5: The only company that you need to deal with is Safe is Safe Co. Okay.
Speaker 4: Those guys are the ones that must prove to you that they sent out a notice of laps.
Speaker 5: Okay, they're the only ones, not your mortgage company after you.
Speaker 4: If in fact, you got a notice of laps, you got a problem. If you did not get a notice of laps, then they got a problem. That's where we start. We're not gonna drop it. We're gonna start there. So if your agent, and this is what you tell your agent, if she cannot get you proof or admit there is no proof you are suing your agent for the amount.
Speaker 5: Are you friends with this agent?
Speaker 11: I wouldn't say friends.
Speaker 4: Well, it sounds like you're being soft on her because this agent dropped the frickin' ball.
Speaker 17: And if you're getting absolutely nowhere with your current agent, give her my number. I will contact Safeco. I'm not the agent of records, so they don't have to no.
Speaker 5: But you should, Lisa immediately change. You should immediately change the agent of record, by the way, immediately, and I would call Compass. I'm not kidding you. This is bs the way your agent has washed her hands.
Speaker 6: Of this US.
Speaker 5: What's the name of the agency, I'm curious.
Speaker 11: It's it's safe Coo pine Cone, pine Cone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, safecoat pine Cone. Where are they locating you?
Speaker 11: They are in I want to say, like evergreen.
Speaker 5: Color Safeco pine Co. Have you ever heard of it?
Speaker 11: I think they were probably the least expensive.
Speaker 17: Maybe it's just pine Cone insurance. I don't know. I don't know, but I'm just saying either way, if you're not getting anywhere, give her my number, and I'll need the pulse number and I will try to push up them. It's not an unreasonable request to say, I need person. It was since but I am, I'd be shocked if they can't provide.
Speaker 13: That, okay.
Speaker 4: And if they can, your daughter made a very expensive mistake. Pine Cone Insurance in Evergreen, Well, okay, and if you see the damn pictures here there there are a bunch of yokes. Honest to God. Look at the owner sitting there with a freaking a big cock. I'm a chicken, you know. I say that because the red thing and then the other guy's sitting there with his dogs. I mean, come on, you people, these come on. This is a yokam age of yokels. They're freaking yokels. And then and then the real pine Cone is their guard rooster.
Speaker 5: That's what She's there with a rooster. I should have said, I'm sorry. So listen, the thing is.
Speaker 13: They're there.
Speaker 5: They're jokes. This agency is a joke. Look at him. Call it. Listen, call your agent, Okay.
Speaker 4: Just start start getting upset about this, Lisa, and.
Speaker 5: Tell her we're involved and we can help you.
Speaker 4: And and Compass is even volunteering, for God's sakes to.
Speaker 5: Call for you. And you know what you ought to do.
Speaker 4: Call her now and say I want to change my agency of record.
Speaker 5: Now. By the way, Brian's not doing that, so they can't they can't blame him for pirrating. I'm doing it. I'm saying you're not being served.
Speaker 4: We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three o three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: Excel Roofing.
Speaker 4: By the way, when you're looking for any kind of damage control for your house, on hell damage or anything like that, they are the best. Not a penny upfront, not a cent until you're content, and they will never force you into a contract to give you a full and complete, detailed contract first, never make you sign anything. Excel three oh three. And by the way, it's the only roof for I use, and I've used him for years Excel Roofing dot com on all of my houses and including roof and addict ventilation seven three oh three, seven sixty one sixty four hundred go with a sure thing Denver's Best roof for Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, Bill. I'm so sorry for the weight.
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 19: That's that's all right. Hey, I'm just wondering if any of the listeners have heard of any of the health benefits of using apple side of vinegar.
Speaker 5: Yes, I have. What do you want to know?
Speaker 3: What have you heard?
Speaker 19: We'll see to help your kidneys and stuff like that. Help clean stuff up.
Speaker 4: Now you don't take it straight. You should put it in water right now. It's the acid. Okay, it can help.
Speaker 5: Here's what it does. First of all, the.
Speaker 4: Apple cider vinegar can actually lower blood sugar.
Speaker 5: Did you know that?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it actually can. It's a natural blood sugar lowerer. So it holds to take it, Oh, not at all. Now you don't take too much. Let me think how much you need. It can help you with your skin. I'm reading here and I have my own notes because I'm a big believer in it.
Speaker 4: My whole family is I don't take it, by the way, I just want to be honest with you.
Speaker 5: But I'm a big believer in it. But I don't really have problems here.
Speaker 4: That I need it for. But I guess you could take it anyway. It's really good for you. It really is. Let's put it this way. There's nothing bad about it. It could now large amounts can cause digestive issues, it says here, and it can actually rot your teeth, but that would be like if you drank tons of it, and if you sip it and let it stay.
Speaker 5: In your mouth a long time. What my mom used to do.
Speaker 4: I believe she would take a tablespo Wait, let me just ask what is the appropriate dose? And I'm asking my girlfriend. My girlfriend is copilot, you know who that is? Okay, the appropriate dose It can vary, obviously, Okay, that's what I thought. My mom used to take a tablespoon. It says one to two tablespoons, so and you take.
Speaker 5: It or you can.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so one to two tablespoons would do it for you daily, But some people take it listen before every meal and that doesn't hurt.
Speaker 5: One tablespoon before.
Speaker 4: Every meal helps with digestion. But no matter what but and so you don't have you don't need a lot. You may want to take one of My mom used to take I think a tablespoon in some warm water in the morning, and I couldn't stand how she could do that, and then another one at night.
Speaker 19: Well, I like drinking the vinegar after I have salad.
Speaker 5: You literally like it straight.
Speaker 19: With oil and vinicar.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 19: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Well, you're not gonna do it like that? Well, I don't know. I guess you would get the same benefit.
Speaker 4: I mean, it doesn't say you can't dilute it, but you know what, actually, if you put it in salad, what the hell is the difference? You're still getting it. I'm with you, Bill, I'm with you. Why bother taking it direct if you can.
Speaker 5: Just have it on salad? Okay anyway, but sure three h three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five to five. I got a question here on the motorized shades.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: Can shutters be motorized? Yes, so you can actually have the louvers.
Speaker 3: The tilt yep, the lovers tilt open and clothes.
Speaker 5: Huh and catastic? Oh did you get him from?
Speaker 20: I got some upper windows that I can't reach by hands?
Speaker 5: Are they pretty cool? So you just dragging them a? Are they even? Yes? You can sink them?
Speaker 20: Correct, I've got three windows. I can pick one two or three or all three. It's it's a fantastic.
Speaker 4: Oh, very cool. And how do they run? How did you wire? Are they battery?
Speaker 20: Yeah, so there's solar on the out on the on the windows themselves, but the remote is battery.
Speaker 5: Yep, very cool, so you can recharge them.
Speaker 7: But he's got a solar panel also that pretty much keeps them topped off all.
Speaker 3: The time, so you don't have to deal with it.
Speaker 5: That's very cool. Now are they Are they a composite material plastic? So he doesn't? Or are they would? Or what both?
Speaker 3: You know, there's like a wood extrusion.
Speaker 7: There's their woodlower woodwar plus and then yeah, you can get them in pure wood what's best in ninety five?
Speaker 5: Would because of the maintenance?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: Are there is there any maintenance with that wood? To like you you never have to refinish him?
Speaker 3: Got they're finished? Really nice? Really yeah? And so are the ones he has. They're beautiful?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What color? Are they white?
Speaker 6: White?
Speaker 3: Or white?
Speaker 5: Can you get them in different colors.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 7: You can get them in stains and you know, for the in the real hardwood, there's a lot of different there's a lot of different paints.
Speaker 5: Can you get the composite materials in different colors?
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 7: You can also have them custom painted to your exact paint in your house if you want to.
Speaker 20: I'd also like to point out to my windows are very oddly shaped. Their trapezoidal windows, not the regular square ones around or anything. So they were they were custom made just for those specific windows.
Speaker 5: Wait, are all your windows are the just the upper ones are trapp upper ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, that's pretty color.
Speaker 3: They're awesome.
Speaker 5: And so he just hits the remote and that's it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Or you can do an app on your phone.
Speaker 5: Also, can he program it during the day, like when it's going to be sunny and he's not home.
Speaker 7: Yep, you can have automatically open, or he can pick up his phone from where he's sitting right now and open them from.
Speaker 5: From the station.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 5: Hey man, that is pretty cool. Dragon's beautiful stud I know you'll do business with By the way, Denver Shades dot Co seven two zero four five eight six five sixty six go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi TOMARTI three three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: All right, so.
Speaker 4: Eriah's back, Deputy Bob, be right with you, man. I want to take your ryah real quick. Here you're riah. So the firearm guy said he's going to refund you next week?
Speaker 5: Is that right? Is that right? Chopper tomorrow? Oh tomorrow, I'm sorry tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I just got off a record a long with him, and he said that he was willing to pay me tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Okay, good. So he wasn't upset with you, was he? No?
Speaker 6: He sounded pretty. He didn't sound terribly upset. He just sounds kind of like he's over the situation.
Speaker 4: But well, it's your money, for God's sakes. Hey, I want to talk to Mark. Mark is on a referral list. Hey, Mark, is the name of your company Concealed.
Speaker 21: Carry, Concealed Kerry Classes of Denver.
Speaker 4: And you do classes, as the name implies, concealed Carry Classes of Denver.
Speaker 5: And you know a little bit about the laws.
Speaker 4: So tell me something way the way Uriah explains it. Uriah, you went in and filled out an application?
Speaker 5: Is that right? Uriah? Is he? There? Can there somebody help me? Aryah? Okay, now I'm getting Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry, uh Aryah.
Speaker 4: So you filled out an application or a buyo or whatever they call it.
Speaker 5: A background check? Right, it's correct, and then you paid the money.
Speaker 6: Right, I paid the money, and then the item got delivered to the store, and then I took the background check.
Speaker 5: Wait, so you didn't take the background check before?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: So, Mark, were you saying there's a sequence of events?
Speaker 21: So I filled out that the form filled out with a AHTF form forty four seventy three, And that does a form you have to fill out at a gun store a license dealer in order to get a firearm and The thing is is that you have to have the serial number on the firearm in order to start the background check.
Speaker 5: Okay, and that's what he did. That's what he did.
Speaker 4: He waited for the he waited for the firearm to get in, then he did the background check to be the Uh.
Speaker 21: The gun dealer actually ordered the firearm for you. Yes, yes, okay, that I mean, I am surprised that he's actually refunding you, because when it comes to especially ordering firearms, they typically don't refund on stuff like that because well then.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait a minute. So you're telling me, Mark that when we go to a gun store and we put money down on a gun and they want they want payment up front, and and they and then the gun is delivered to the gun store, and if for some reason, my background check is rejected, you're telling me I forfeit the purchase price of the gun.
Speaker 21: Typically y because the gun dealer cannot rea sure that gun. They are stuck with that gun.
Speaker 4: Well, then I think that's the gun dealer's problem in my opinion. I mean, why should I pay for something I can't get.
Speaker 21: That's just how it's always worked. I mean, every gun dealer you walk into. And this has been the case since two thousand and six, since I bought my first firearm. There's typically no refunds on firearms, period because.
Speaker 5: They can hold on. But I did not make the purchase yet.
Speaker 21: Typically you do make the purchase before they ordered the firearm for you. That's been every single case when I purchased a firearm. Is when I purchased it, they send it to the dealer, or if I order from the dealer, it gets delivered there, and there's no refunds on the Okay, So.
Speaker 5: Correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: I have to pass a background check before I can purchase a firearm.
Speaker 5: Is that correct? Yes, you do, hold on?
Speaker 4: Hold on, then you're telling me though, when I give you the twelve hundred bucks for the firearm, I've purchased it, but I didn't take a background check yet because you don't have the gun yet.
Speaker 21: Yeah. So you do purchase it and it does fit a dealer, right, and then from there, the dealer actually runs the background check on the actual seal number of the firearm itself. They have to have the firearm first in order to do the background check.
Speaker 5: Why. I'm just curious why.
Speaker 21: That's according to the ATF the Gun Control Act of nineteen sixty eight, at the federal.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, I get it.
Speaker 4: So now, now, if if you have a gun in stock, you'll do the background check before me buying it? Are you telling me every single person that goes to a gun shop is paying for something that they don't know if they're gonna get.
Speaker 21: Typically the person should know if they're disqualified or not to own a firearm. I mean, I'm.
Speaker 4: Asking you if you have a gun in stock. If a firearm dealer has a gun in stock and they run a back round check on that gun and I am rejected, you're saying they will still require payment.
Speaker 21: It really depends on the policy. But yeah, typically, yes, there is no refunds for firearms purchases on most gun dealers.
Speaker 15: You go to.
Speaker 4: So do you require payment upfront before running a background check?
Speaker 21: It's really up to the gun dealer.
Speaker 5: But okay, yes, so most gun dealers, you're telling me, most gun dealers take your money and and make you and will never give that money back, even if they don't expend a dime on a gun, because I will guarante I will guarantee you mark that that will never hold up in court because that's Unjustin Richmond, there is no way that I pay for a gun in full and not be refunded if you can't deliver it. I'm sorry. Now, that might be the way it is, and that be a real cushy, a real cushy.
Speaker 4: Thing for gun dealers, but that ain't right and that ain't legal. I can't see how they can justify being enriched twelve to fifteen hundred two thousand dollars without ever delivering a product.
Speaker 21: That's just I can tell you right now. There's typically no refunds on firearms purchases. That's just the Paul, guess what.
Speaker 4: I agree with you, But I didn't purchase the firearm because the government says I can't purchase it without a background check.
Speaker 21: Right, I'm just explaining it.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not mad at you, Brouh. I'm bringing out the ridiculous mark.
Speaker 5: It has nothing to do with you.
Speaker 4: You're in the system, but it's an ass backwards system. If you're telling me you can't no refunds, I get it. If I bought a gun, I can't get it refunded. But if I didn't buy it yet and I defy a judge to tell me that I bought a firearm when I'm not allowed to buy one. But he's gonna tell me, oh, you bought it. He can't refund it. I never put my hands on the gun. I'm not asking for a refund. I'm asking for a return of a deposit. I mean, I just don't understand it. And if gun dealers are getting away with it, I want a test case to bring to court. So anybody out there who's been screwed out of a deposit on a gun, I want to take it to court.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you that right now. I want it.
Speaker 4: That'll never have that will never stand up. That is the ultimate unjustin Richmond. Now, if I truly purchased it and come back the next day and say I don't want it, but when it never leaves your possession, you never deliver it. I defy you to call that a purchase, especially if I did not qualify for the purchase.
Speaker 5: You can't have it both ways.
Speaker 4: And I'm telling you, I don't doubt you one second mark that that's what gun dealers are doing. But if that's what they're doing, they're screwing people all over all over and in fact, I want to get atf on who regulates this atf.
Speaker 21: Uh, Well, there's a new gun law that just packs in Colorado where the Total Beer Investigation is going to be regulating gun stores. But yes, the Federal firemplights and is issued by the And by.
Speaker 5: The way, does the Federal Firearms license says nothing about no refunds?
Speaker 21: Right, this is a store, Pulsey. It's up to the dealer.
Speaker 4: But I can and you're telling me that most stores agree that there are no refunds, which I would agree on.
Speaker 5: I would agree.
Speaker 4: That once someone buys a gun there should be no refund. I agree because it's it's too dangerous to be doing that back and forth.
Speaker 5: You don't know what they did to it, if they altered it.
Speaker 4: But if I never take delivery of a gun and I don't pass a background check for a gun, I defy anyone to define that as a perch because I did not receive the goods. And if a gun dealer thinks they're going to keep my money, in fact, the problem is I would pass.
Speaker 5: I was saying, I would love to take a case to court, absolutely love it.
Speaker 4: If there's a gun dealer who thinks they can take two thousand dollars from me and then say you don't qualify, but I'm going to keep your money anyway, and.
Speaker 5: Call it no refund.
Speaker 4: I would say, well, in order to be a refund, there would have to be a transaction. In order to be a transaction, I would have to be legally qualified to make that transaction, and I would have to have delivery of a product.
Speaker 5: I just can't even believe that would happen. And so Mark, I don't disagree with you at all that that's the way it's happening, but it won't happen for long. If I can get someone to call me who's been screwed out of a gun deposit, I won't take long at all. Won't take long.
Speaker 4: Because we'll go right to the court of We'll go just to the state and have it done or federal court. But okay, we got to take a break. We have, by the way, thank you very much, Mark, Concealed Carry Classes of Denver.
Speaker 5: He does a great job at what he does. We have more coming up.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. By the way, I'm getting text from a lot of people. I'm not going to get into it right now. Maybe we'll discuss tomorrow. Who said they never ever had a problem buying a gun and that if a background check is not passed, they get their money back.
Speaker 5: So there are a lot of people who say they do that.
Speaker 4: Deputy BO, tell me about this now. These people called about a Buddha kidnapping. They said that the Hoa removed her Buddha statue from outside her apartment door. By the way, a lot of people have things outside their apartment doors, little planters and other things, but her Buddha was taken.
Speaker 5: What did you find out, Bo? This is Monique who called.
Speaker 18: Yeah, Monique, she they did send her a couple of notices about it. She did ignore it, and one day she showed up and her little basketball sized Buddha was missing. She called several times, they didn't return her call. And then when she called last Thursday, I think a board member or a maintenance man heard about it on the air and went to the mechanical room and released a Buddha act to her.
Speaker 5: But she can't put it outside her house right.
Speaker 18: Apparently. I've called the h O A Hammersmith four times about it. I just wanted to ask if they were to just allow her to keep it out on her porch. They have not called me back.
Speaker 13: All right, Nique.
Speaker 4: They well, they let, they let planters and stuff, but maybe they figure this is different.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but thank you for checking that out. We're out of time.
Speaker 4: Don't forget Denver Shades dot Co. And they're good people. Seventy zero four five eight six, five sixty six. And remember three oh three Martino for help. Three O three Martino