Speaker 1: Giovanni Gallante.
Speaker 2: It's eighty one, nine hundred and fifty two, I believe, And when we spoke, I only had about fifteen hundred two thousand. You didn't give you enough enough credit for your your listeners and the support that I've gotten. They love you, they love this petition.
Speaker 3: I have to say. I called you back and I said, I want.
Speaker 2: To come on the show, and I want to thank everyone that sent me emails, everyone that signed the petition, and.
Speaker 3: Everyone that's sharing it. They've been great.
Speaker 2: I got to say, your audience is spectacular.
Speaker 1: I went to a party I told you this years ago.
Speaker 4: I think it was a massive pequal and I sat down with my wife and there was a mass card there and I'll never forget. The gentleman's name was George Kane. I didn't know him, but it turns out he was an FDNI Firefighter latter seven and he was killed on not eleven and we still have that mask card.
Speaker 1: Daniell and Night.
Speaker 4: I don't know him, I don't know what family members. I know very little about him, but it's weird. It really stuck with me. And then I get this tax from Jen Harrison and she sends me this letter that this guy Caine's sister Nancy Knee, sent to President Trump like a decade ago about making sure the family members of the nine to eleven victims that were murdered are able to see that family remains and not have to stand online, not to worry about museum hours and all that. And it seemed pretty logical to me. So, just like Allante's petition, I'm on board with this one too. And I guess the gentleman that started this petition is a guy named Jack Joyce, and he's actually on the phone right now, Jack, Good morning, buddy.
Speaker 3: How are you good? Mindset? How are you?
Speaker 1: It's great to have you. Are you on Long Island?
Speaker 3: No, I'm actually overlooking Lake George right now. I'm I'm usually Long Island, but I'm up vacation up in Lake Georgia.
Speaker 4: I love it up there, Glens Falls and Saratoga.
Speaker 1: It's gorgeous up there. Yep.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I'm pretty sure that I got the mass cart for this gentleman, Michael Kaine at a party in massive Peque. In fact, then I was even friends with one of the Bodman brothers, not Stephen, but Billy, you do not to be a complete asshole. But anyway, so I saw this name, Michael Kaine has kind of haunted me for the last twenty five years. And then I'm made aware of this letter that his sister sent to President Trump's If you wouldn't mind, Jack, give me some background on this story and how you did a great job by starting your petition.
Speaker 3: Well, Rosemary Kine is George Kane's mother, and that was assist me. She I also I posted a letter from her mother also who as the president, to make the World Trade Center a true national memorial run by the US Park Service. Ninety nine percent of America thinks that the US Parks Service, you know, would would run this. They're not. It's run by a private organization. And we're trying to put the World Trade Center in a trifle place along with the two national memorials, right, you know, Gettysburg, the USS Arizona, you know, and the Light. I mean, this is where twenty seven hundred and fifty three people were murdered, and much more have passed away since then. The firefighters, including myself I'm a battalion chief, retired because of nine to eleven. I've had two cancers so far and I'm going through another process. I'm going through another process right now. I'm sorry. Now listen, we look forward, we don't look back, except for one thing we never forget. And that's what I did. So twenty something years ago and the nine eleven families came up to me and asked me to help them to get this thing done. And I'm saying, twenty three years I've been down in Congress walking the way walls of Congress with them, Rosemary Kane, moren Centaura Richie, Jimmy Richie's who tragically passed away from nine to eleven. Yeah, you go. I mean, Jimmy was a great guy. And so what I'm trying to do is just make aware to make the world traits in the National Memorial. Now September eighteenth of twenty twenty four, out in Nasall Colosseum, I called the Boss, but people camed the President these days. But the President said that he would make it a true national memorial in the honor of There was about sixty nine eleven families members that were there. They didn't know that's just going to happen. And I was made aware of it, and you know, I bought them all in you know, to have them, and they were all surprised because they've been working on so long to get this done. They just feel that no politician, no political party should run it. There's no Democrat, no Republican, and it's an American tragedy. This is where Americans were killed and that's the way it should be. So I got the petition up and run. Just like you you mentioned Giovanni Delante's petition. I've talked to him about his and joined his thing, and and this is where we are. We're trying to do it, and some of the people are a little apprehensive filling out this petition because they don't know where all the information goes. And just for your information, this was donated by a company they want to remain anonymous, and all the information actually goes nowhere, goes back to the nine to eleven families, So there's no third party anything that'd call you up or anything like that. So that's where we are, and you know, it's it's taken off, I mean on Facebook and everywhere else. We're getting a lot of traction on it, and you know, I would like to see this happen on a twenty fifth year. I know, it's it's you know, if if I don't know, if you remember January this year, great Governor Kathy Hochel decided to illuminate the World Trade Center green and that was in honor of Muslim months and that didn't go over to Will Day and a lot of the families, And if any of your listeners want to look that up, please do because the whole month of January, I get Veterans Day or the veterans get one day and Muslim monk on the green light. So also maya Mundami as you saw and saw the pictures in the Fight Department headquarters put the prayer rugs out in front of the nine to eleven Memorial in the lobby. Yeah, so you know, it's creeping back into the World Trades in a site and other places. And I think I think the best thing we could ever do and honor those people, including George, George Kane, you know, Jimmy Richie's a whole bunch of frying friends that were killed, is to make the World Trade Center national Memorial, true national memorial run by the US Box Service.
Speaker 4: I can't believe, Yeah, I can't believe this is even a debate at this point by the way, Peter King checks in the former great congressman. He said, George Kane's mother, Rosemary, is a great friend, His brother Dan is terrific. One of George's sisters worked at Fox, and Peter King actually spoke at George's funeral.
Speaker 1: So just not to get confused.
Speaker 4: So your petition is to make the World Trade Center, which I'm behind one hundred percent, a national memorial, not the one where people like Caine's sister, they want to make sure that they can go see the remains of their families and loved ones without standing online with a bunch of tourists and having to worry about the museum ours.
Speaker 1: That's not yours, that's not mine.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you want to make the World Trade Center a national memorial, President Trump, I would imagine I was there that day, I think at Nasau Coliseum when it was campaigning. It was right before I spoke for him at Madison Square Garden. He brought it up, so he's aware of it. He wants to do it. Take a whisper in the President's Aaron Dallas in a couple of weeks, But I'm willing to do that to help.
Speaker 3: Forward this for you. I can't. I can't tell you should how much this would mean, not only to all the nine eleven families were all of America. Everyone knows where they were. Everyone, you know. It's just if you asked one hundred people if the world of US Park Service was running at ninety nine point nine, would tell you I thought, so they're running. Well, Shanksville is run by the US Box Service and the Pentagon is run they're building a building next to the Pentagon. But because the Pentagon is in the Department of Defense, because it's military, they have their own thing run by the US Box Service. Now we have the Statute of Liberty right across the street. It's not even an issue about where the US pok Service is going to be. And here's one other one that you know, it's it's it's it's great. I have no problem with. But President Obama designated the Stonewall in memorial So I mean, that's that's great. I have no problem that. But you know what we have. We're twenty seven hundred and fifty fifty three thousand people were murdered, and you know, these these poor families are just asking for something simple. This is not a big ask it's not so. I've been on this thing for twenty something years and finally got President Trump to, you know, say that the world at the National Coliseum. That's great.
Speaker 4: I think we can move this forward. This is Jack Joyce, a brave firefighter. He's been yell a couple of times since nine to eleven. He lost a lot of friends that day, and he's trying to do something that I thought was done. I'm not going to lie to you. I really thought it was a memorial part of the National Parks. I had no idea. I literally just found this out from you five minutes ago, which is shocking, and there's no excuse for it. I'm not okay with it. What do you think about Galante's petition? Though, mister Jack as a as a former firefighter.
Speaker 3: I will be there. I will be there. I signed that petition. I talked to him almost right away. We were back and forth, and I commended him on his mission. He's a nine to eleven family member, I mean, his his wife. He has nothing left of his wife, he has nothing but the memory. It's it's horrible.
Speaker 1: So you don't think the mayor should be there?
Speaker 3: Right? No way. I don't think the mayor should be there, not the way, not with his attitude and when he's he's talking about in the father and everything else. Now he's not. He's not. He's not.
Speaker 4: And you're a pretty savvy guy. You've been around the city many many years. Are you aware of anything in the mayor's job description? For example, he does run the police department, he has to balance the budget, he's got to make life affordable and safe in New Yorkers. Are you aware of anything in his job description that makes it mandatory for him to be at the World Trade Center?
Speaker 3: No, No, there's nothing mandatory. Well he didn't go to the the Israeli de prademitting Nope. Well so let's I don't see what is what his issue is. Maybe he can take a day off until somewhere.
Speaker 1: Be nice, right?
Speaker 4: I mean, do you do you like the idea that Bruce Blakeman was on this show a couple of weeks ago when he for governor and he said, do what the cop said to the Blasio, just turn your backs on him.
Speaker 1: What do you think about that?
Speaker 3: I think that's a good idea. And actually I had a conversation with Bruce Blakeman a couple of weeks ago out in this club, country club. He invited me out to talk about this, and he said, if he's beings governor, he would make sure that it's done.
Speaker 4: And he's not kidding. I don't know if you know this, but his nephew was murdered. His sister, he Linda's son was murdered.
Speaker 3: You know, no, he told me. He told me. And he also was in charge of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. He was running the Trade Center from two thousand and one in two thousand and nine, and he was He's adamant, according to what he's telling me, he was adamant that this thing he moved over. So here's another good guy that's you know, we need to back and get behind a republic.
Speaker 4: You know, you know another good guy in a republic which is no. So do me a favor because I'm going to actually take this audio, Jack Joyce, I promise you, I'm going to take this audio. I'm going to to President Trump as soon as you and I are done. Just give me one more passionate plea about what you want done here for the families of nine to eleven, and I'll text it to Trump I promise.
Speaker 3: You got it? You ready? I am President Trump. Please follow through what your promise that you made September eighteen, twenty twenty four at the National Coliseum. Make the World Trade Center a true national memorial run by the US Park Service, and the nation will be furever thankful, and especially in the nine to eleven families will be in your heart.
Speaker 4: It's perfect. God, that's perfect. I don't know you, man, but I think I love you.
Speaker 1: You sounds like such a great guy, Jack Joyce.
Speaker 4: When you get back to when you get back to civilization and you leave the beautiful upstate New York, you hope me to stop by the city. I'll take you full lunch. It's nice to meet your palm. Thank you for all your service.
Speaker 3: Sid, Thank you so much for getting us out there. I think everybod is going to be shocked, like yourself. Really, nobody realized that this is going on. And I think it needs to be taken over by the National Park Service.
Speaker 1: No question.
Speaker 4: Like I said, I thought I already was. But we'll help get this thing done. Jack Joyce, you're a hero. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Thanks San, you have a great thing, you too.
Speaker 4: Jack Choyce, Right, there, former firefighter, and he's been through a lot, been sick a couple of times, but.
Speaker 1: Trying to make the World Trade Center.
Speaker 4: I thought it was part of the National Parks Department, and I'm shocked.
Speaker 1: These are no decisions.
Speaker 4: This is easy, right, What are we even talking about here? Just make these families happy all at any This is an easy one, but at any cost. Make these families happy. These people want to work. And given the choice of getting burned alive by jet fuel, young people do. Twenty two year old kids decided to jump from the hundredth floor. Was that was less painful than being burnt alive. And we're having conversations as to whether or not a mayor who's friendly with people who said we deserved it. I don't care that Assan Piker took it back. He took it back again this weekend as he made fun of Charlie Kirk. What a piece of garbage he is. I'll say this right now, if I ever face to face with Hassan Piker, I'll punch him across the face. You want to print it, you want to get me in trouble, I don't care.
Speaker 1: Is it a threat?
Speaker 4: Yeah? If I ever see Hassan Piker. He walks up to me that bastard America deserved nine to eleven, and we are Charlie Kirk singing and joking about the assassination of that.
Speaker 1: Beautiful young man. I don't know what I would do. I really don't.
Speaker 4: So we're actually arguing whether or not the mayor should be there, as if that's part of his job description, because every other mayor went, every other mayor, including the worst Bill de Blasio, was it hanging out with Hassan Piker or co conspirators of the nineteen ninety three Raw Trade Center bombing or wring people who actually worked to defend al Qaeda. That's Mom, Donnie. That's exclusive to Mom Donnie. It's not any other mayor. And to make this part of the National Parks Department, are we nuts?
Speaker 1: What are we doing here? So now I'm on this too.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to Sit In Friends in the Morning.
Speaker 3: You can hear sit In.
Speaker 5: Friends in the Morning weekday mornings at six. If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at WABC radio dot com and download the WABC Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcast platforms plus follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder
Speaker 1: What the heck is going on here