Speaker 1: Nah, not quite. What's up? Uh? Sell my car in Carvana. It's just not quite the right time. Crazy coincidence. I just sold my car to Carvana, but I told you about it two days ago. When you know, you know, you know, I'm.
Speaker 2: Even dropping it off at one of those sweet car vending machines and getting paid today.
Speaker 1: That's a good deal. Oh, a great deal. Come on, what's your heart saying? You're right? When you know you know? Sold? Whether you're looking to sell your car right now or just whenever feels right, go to carvana dot com and sell your car the convenient way. Terms and conditions apply. La Joya Cosmetic Surgery Center is the place to go if you're looking to rejuvenate your appearance, tighten and shape your body, and just just something special for yourself. You deserve to look your very best.
Speaker 3: Lahoya Cosmetic Surgery Center offers over ninety procedures and treatments for a natural, youthful appearance. They are absolutely the best in the business. Try out their treatment planner at glamfam It's so easy and amazing to use.
Speaker 1: We can't say enough great things about their Board certified plastic surgeons. And guess what they offer flexible payment plans, so you can start your journey to a better you right now.
Speaker 3: Free consultations too. The very best in the business is in our own backyard.
Speaker 1: How lucky are we? Make sure you tell them that Laura Kane after Dark sent you we love everything about La joya cosmetic surgery center. Go to dot com. Hello, this is Laura Kane after Dark. I'm Laura Kane. And uh Eric Rimmer, my co host, Yes, always brings out his finest attire I do for every so this is maybe the most classic, the most Uh wait, you gotta get to take off your whole sweatshirt. It just says they bleached my anus for this. Okay, now let me ask you something, by the way, besides the podcast and everybody who's watching, yes, do you walk around home goods wearing that shirt?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I only get them for the podcast. Okay, thank you. I was like, what the heck? I was not born in a barn? Came well? Sometimes I wonder, Sometimes I wonder.
Speaker 3: This is speaking of outfits. Yes, I know what is going on here. I feel like I should have brought you knitting needles and some yarn. Okay, this and some spectacles.
Speaker 1: Let me explain. Okay, do I know it's really weird. It's a very weird outfit that I'm wearing right now. I was going pants at all. No, this is just a long, long, long, long sleeve shirt. Okay, Well, don't share in stone anybody. I'm not. But I have these boots on. Okay. Well no, no, no, I have my don't worry. Don't worry. I don't worry. Okay. So I was putting away some laundry and then you know when you get in that jag where you're like, oh, I haven't cleaned my closet in a while, and you kind of go You're going through like you know, I don't need this. I don't need this. I've never worn this. Do you do? You guys do that too. And I looked at this like little outfit that I bought. I think I bought up from like Sian or something like three years ago, and it came it had a shirt and this little vest and the shirt is long, comes to my knees. I've never once worn it. It's been sitting in my closet for three years. And I decided, I'm like, you know what, I'm gonna wear it one time and then I'm gonna give it away. And this is probably a good idea because I'm like, I obviously thought it was cute enough to buy it. Must have been cute on.
Speaker 3: The model were you were you like but like sleep shopping.
Speaker 1: No, it's horrible. It's absolutely horrible. Really, did you buy the boots too? Yes? I bought the boots, but I bought them somewhere else. But luckily they met, they met, They just happened to match, but lucky. Yeah. So that's the story of this outfit because it's really not cute. I know that, but I needed to wear it because it's been in my close. It's been hanging there for three years. I'm like, if I sad of matches, somebody might really like this. Maybe somebody's ninety year old grandmother would like that. I don't want to look like a ninety year old grandmother. Let's get rid of it, Okay, I will, okay. So, oh we're Laura King after Dark by the way. Oh yeah, Hi, Hi after Dark with Eric Rimmer, and there's producer Brian. Hi Brian. So do you guys have a good week, good weekend? Give any stories? I do? Okay? Do you want to start do you want me to start ladies first?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So we're gonna do like a little our little version of a host chat that we used to do are that we still apparently do apparently. So It's like nine o'clock at night and I get a text for my roommate Marie and she says, O MG, my car is dead. I need uh some jumper cables. I need uh my battery needs to be started.
Speaker 2: I can hear that in her voice too.
Speaker 1: I know she's French dead. Come jump me. He does better than that's terrible anyway. So I'm like, wait, it was this a night that I texted you? Yes? No, yes, And so I go wait, because she works in Old Town. Her little store, a Lote, is in Old Town. She sells Mexican corn, which is delicious, by the way. It's called Lote on the corner of Congress Street. And she gets off pretty late, and she tried to get in her car to try to start it, and a battery is dead and so then and I guess some guys were trying to help her, but it was late. You know, it was nine most people were most places were closed, and I said, stay there, don't move uh, staying on the well lit area. I'll be right there. I'm gonna go get Antonio's jumper cables from his car and I will bring them and we'll jump your car. So I drive to Old Time. I'm in my pajamas already because it's nine o'clock and I have my slippers on and my pajamas and my old grama sweater and sweater no, no, a different one. And I drive down to the heart of Old Town and there's our car and it's obviously not working. And there's also this guy who is kind of milling around. He's wearing this big, giant, like hand woven poncho that you'd find like in Mexico. But I've never seen, yeah, but I've never seen like an I've never seen a poncho like this. It was like over his head and it was like full body poncho. Okay, and he almost looked like he was maybe living there or something. I don't know, but he said, you know what, after you're done, are you jumping her car? Because I also need my car to be started too. I look back. He has a Porsche macann. I think it's how you say it. It's a Porsche Suv. It's white, and it was dead and and he looked he just looked a little sketchy. I mean, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Yes, I know, but I'm like, okay, yes, of course I will help you. I noticed in the passenger seat there was a woman and in the back seat was a dog, and the woman was distraught looking and h and his phone was dead. So we try to start. First of all, we start try to start Marie's car with my jumper cables. And it doesn't work because she has a hybrid, she has a Prius and for some reason it was not it was not working.
Speaker 2: Did you put the cables on right?
Speaker 1: We had the assistance of a man who came down from one of this one of the workers came down and help. Yes, yes, yes, but it was doing nothing. And I was revving the engine, revving the engine, and these were like old jumper cables. So the guy in the pawn show, who was kind of milling around and was with this woman, it turns out, says, oh, I'll just we should just contact Triple A because I have an account. I pay like one hundred dollars a month. I know, I know. Okay, this is where it gets weird. I pay like one hundred dollars a month for this service, so I'll just can I use your phone to call? I'm like yes. So Marie gives him his phone her phone, He makes the phone call, he gives the guy his account number or whatever, and a tow truck driver shows up. So I'm thinking to myself, Okay, Marie told me this guy had been sitting out in this car, this Porsche, for like an hour before she got off work. I go, okay, well, his phone was dead, and obviously his battery's dead, so we can't charge his phone. But guess what the girl in the car was like on her phone the entire time? What So okay? Anyway, boy, so he was nice enough to call the tow truck driver in the meantime. He goes, can you try to jump our car? I'm like, yes, I will try. He goes, I can't find the battery because battery was not in the front. So we were googling it and apparently it's in the back. In the In the back of the trunk, there were bags and boxes and bags and boxes of just crap of stuff like junk, like it was almost like somebody had some either that or they had just taken off quickly from somewhere. I'm like, did they is the cars? Is that their car? Like, I mean, I don't want to make a judgment or anything like that, you know. And she's like distraught. And so I went up to the car, and I'm like, she had plenty of time to he was milling around so much that and she had a phone. I'm like, if she was in danger, she would have been able to call, or she would have gone out, or she would have signaled me or any something like that. But she didn't. And so the guy goes, oh, I hope this tow truck driver gets here, because we couldn't find the battery. We couldn't find where to hook at it. Because I have to get to the weeds store, I cannot, I goes. He goes, he's going to close.
Speaker 3: It nine o'clock, the final piece of the puzzle.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, don't I go relax because it was a little bit before nine. Actually it's okay. The tow tructor ever comes. He has this little box. They have these little boxes now with these little cables. He's like and then Marie's car turns right on with this thing and then and then he so we thank the guy because I mean the guy brought it was his Triple A guy, so he obviously it was mysterious. So then he starts their car, and then I was talking to the woman. I'm like, look, are you okay? And she's like, was kind of grind She's like, yeah, it's just been a hard day. I'm like, okay, well are you good? And she's like yeah, I okay, it's not even nine o'clock yet, you can still go to the dispensary. She's like, I know, I'm so excited. I need it so bad. Wow. So I get back into my car because I'm following Marie home or We're going to drive around a little bit just to make sure her battery is working. The guy comes up to my car, still in the poncho, and he goes, she wanted you to have this. He hands me this little tiny you know, those little teeny tiny bottles of tabasco that you didn't you threw it away? Right? I mean it was it was it wasn't opened.
Speaker 3: But it was like this, yeah, I would throw that away.
Speaker 1: There was something bizarre going on, like, for example, why didn't she call the toe truck? It was all kinds of weird, and I don't know, like did I. Marie and I were trying to figure it out. We're like, okay, were they just like, hi? Were they if she was being trapped by him or heard?
Speaker 3: But I bet they were battling an eviction. I bet that maybe something like that.
Speaker 2: That's what I bet there was a little bit of mental illness in there.
Speaker 1: I don't but they had this like really nice car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet it was more of a mental thing. Sometimes people with that sort of problem love we because it's a great mood stabilizer.
Speaker 1: My gosh. I just but I still think about like the woman, and I still think about him. I mean he did he did. He did this a solid I mean, we didn't. But he also called the I tipped the toe truck. We tip the tow truck driver like twenty bucks because he was really nice for coming out and he didn't he was gonna have to do like a separate call for the other guy, but he ended up just doing it anyway. But it was just like so incredibly random, Like what do I read that ride?
Speaker 2: Why did she not calling her phone.
Speaker 1: That's the weird, right, Like what was going on? And should I have done more? Or did I know? Was I? Okay? I mean I didn't step away from a potential.
Speaker 2: Now she has the means to get help.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, And then she was laughing through her tears. And then her little big dog was in the back. I'm like, they like escape from somewhere. They must have like run from somewhere, probably, but I didn't want to be nosy. But then like should I be nosy? Bye? You know, I don't know, like in a situation like that, like I think back on it and I go, is it somebody that needed did they need help? Or were they just like kind of weird people.
Speaker 2: I might say, just weird people? Yes, okay, yeah that is funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah she had a phone. Why were you sitting in your car for ador it with a dead battery? Yeah, with your triple A number? Andy, Oh my god. It was so weird. So anyway, so that's my my little host chat. What about you? What happened to you? Well, I'm on my own right now for at work? Oh yeah, what happened? My associate left? Quit left?
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, got another job? Oh okay, And I adored her. But so this weekend, this past weekend was my first weekend just running the show. So yeah, so I was all by myself and I on Wednesday, and so my day's off our Thursday and Friday. So on Wednesday, before I left, I looked at her like tour schedule and stuff to see what appointments I had and everything, and I noticed that I had a morning appointment, but the person that had booked the appointment had canceled it, so they can go back in and cancel it.
Speaker 1: And so I was like, okay, so.
Speaker 3: I had an eleven thirty because my ten thirty had canceled. So at eleven twenty five, this couple shows up and they had that annoying thing where it's a backpack that you can put an animal in.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah with the clear the clear bubble? Was it a bubble?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: And the dog was not having it. It was barking and just they walked through the door. So my office is the first one. So they come up and the guy was a dick and he was like, yeah, we have a tour. And I'm like, okay, what's your name? And I'm looking on the schedule and I said, oh, uh. It says that you've you've canceled your tour, like you went in last week and canceled your tour. And the woman just starts laying into me and she's.
Speaker 1: Like, not a good thing to do. But she didn't know, but I'm sure she found out. Oh she did.
Speaker 3: So she goes, we didn't cancel anything, and we're from Orange County. Now here's the thing that I hate. Number one, I don't care if you just flew in on a spaceship from Mars. You canceled your appointment. And then the guy goes, well, we left, we left a message. Well the message pops up. We're running late. I said, okay, well, first of all, you're an hour late. Second of all, you canceled your appointment. Had you been here at ten thirty, even though you canceled your appointment, I would have been able to help you. Now I can't because I now have an eleven thirty. They flipped the out, yelling and screaming at me, and they're like, I go, look, all I can do. My schedule is full tomorrow. I can give you the information. I can book you for another day. They start yelling at me. We're from Orange County, and I'm like, I don't care where you're from, Like, I'm not going to now inconvenience all of the rest of my appointments for the day because A you canceled your appointment and now you're an hour late, so.
Speaker 1: It went up.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, I if I did hard drugs or any drug at all for that matter, I would have been and.
Speaker 1: Oh, you know what I had to do.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing, Like, if you make an appointment, show up on time.
Speaker 1: I know why were they young? Were they old or no?
Speaker 3: They were young and entitled and bitchy. And I go, if you make an appointment, everybody out there, show up on time, don't show up two hours early, don't shop two hours late, don't show up an hour late, and then expect everybody to rearrange their life for you.
Speaker 1: Comments at least yes.
Speaker 2: Quick observation. Yes, I think it's It's always interesting to me how Laura will typically bring us a story that has a little bit of intrigue. She over sells a little bit, ends up being not much, but there's a little bit of mystery there and that's interesting. And then Eric tells us about the last bitchy person he talked to and let me just say, I was a delight. I was a delight.
Speaker 1: Well but oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Eric Evince Laura brings us a mystery.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't have weird things like that happened to me because I'm not carousing around at all hours of the night.
Speaker 1: I had to do something pretty interesting for my new I call it my little baby job, which I love. I work in the AM six hundred news Coco News Center and I write news. And they sent me out on election day to ask people who they voted for.
Speaker 2: And why you asked people who they voted for? Yes, I like really invasive.
Speaker 1: Well I know, but but but popular. Well it's radio and you're anonymous and you're not on camera, and I mean so I I dressed very professionally. I tried to look approachable. I was in del Mar because I had a point.
Speaker 2: Giant Kamala walls behind.
Speaker 1: Those you know, it's crazy like there were it was all over the place and this was del Mar, so it was in a shop, big shopping center. So the first guy I talked to, I said, you know, I I say who I am? And I recorded on my what what's my on her are you smelling something?
Speaker 2: No, No, I was thinking. I was just laughing. So I think del Mar actually swung red this year.
Speaker 1: Oh well, it was all over the place actually, well in my in my study, in my study, so I just did it on my phone with with the camera, but I pointed the camera down, but it was just a video and this guy who was obviously a foreign a foreign person who is now an American. I said, did you vote today? And he's like, yes, I did. And I said would you care to tell me who you voted for? And he's like like it's okay, okay, thank you very much. How did you? And then one lady she she recognized me? She recognized me anyway.
Speaker 2: Whatever from where did you guys been into each other before? Like maybe Cole's or something or she's.
Speaker 1: Like, what are you doing? And I'm working for I'll go news now.
Speaker 2: I saw toilet paper at wal my last time.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you a question? And I go, you won't be on video and I want to ask your name and she's like she's being super nice, and so I said, did you vote today? She goes, yes, I did, And then I go, who did you vote for? It she started laughing and then I'm like, don't worry, You're not going to get murdered if you say you vot. I go, I know. It feels like she's like, no, I'm so scared. And then like she says like, well, let me just say I voted for who I hope will be the first female president. I'm like, okay Trump. I'm like, okay, okay, let it out. Let it out. And then this one guy I talked to you, like, oh, I told you about a very very old couple, both of them, and I said, did you guys vote today? And they said no? And I said why And he said, I'm a political science major from cal paul And he said, I've become some so disenchanted with our Paulas and he he was he was comparing what's going on now to the fall of Rome. Okay, I mean it was like intense, so like they didn't vote. And then I sat next to this guy and I said he had a shopping cart and I go, hey, did you vote today? And he goes, oh, man, I don't pay attention to that kind of stuff. And the I'm and I'm only nineteen, like and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most teenagers are pretty political now they're stupid.
Speaker 3: Did he follow that up with I can't wait to get to the weed store?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, but is like I heard, they're both bad men? You know. It was but it was all over the place. It was, it was. It was really crazy. And then I came back and I did like a montage of like all the different what everybody said. But I thought that that was really really interesting.
Speaker 2: Do you think you heard like more of its like candyate wise? Probably yeah, I was gonna say it's probably.
Speaker 1: Harris, yes, And yeah, I only got one. I only got one person who admitted anyway to voting for Trump and was that man?
Speaker 2: Secret voters though?
Speaker 1: And then a bunch of people said, no, shoot me away. Those are the ones that didn't want to talk to me.
Speaker 2: That's funny. California was actually like the closest it's been in years for the margin.
Speaker 1: It's just, yeah, a crazy election. My blood's trying to boil. I know we're not you're not political, and we're not we're not political.
Speaker 2: Don't worry Trump, you got it.
Speaker 1: The random music because I have some good stuff tonight or I'm gonna puke, stop it. I'm going to Oh wait, I forgot to tell you.
Speaker 2: That lady has gone Eric, I don't worry.
Speaker 1: I forgot to tell you one quick thing about about the uh dead battery story. So the first person you can keep the music on the first person that tried to help Marie was the guy who runs a store that's next to her restaurant a lote and uh, he was closing up and he didn't have jumper cables, he couldn't do anything whatever, And she goes, you know what, I really appreciate the gesture. Come by and I'll give you a mich a lotta on the house. He came the next day and got four what like you didn't even he didn't even like do He tried to help, which was really nice, and she did offer him a meet a lotta, but he took four of them. Oh and they're huge.
Speaker 2: The way you paused before you said mit a lotta really long and really like impactfully, I was like, what did she offer him? And she offered him. Uh.
Speaker 1: It's just like like would you do would you do that? Like if somebody say he would you even like if you helped somebody start their battery and they said, you know what, I own a subway sandwich shop. And I want you to come by and get a sandwich on me any time. Would you even go back.
Speaker 2: If it was someone I wanted to get, like the phone number of maybe, but I wouldn't care go for the sandwich right right?
Speaker 1: You know? You know? But that guy he went and he went deep.
Speaker 3: Speaking of corn, guess what I made the other night? What Mexican street corn soup. It was delicious.
Speaker 1: I bet it would have been better with Maurice corn. Oh, God, just have him in the courage if you want to make some more.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Again, I just gotta point out Eric just tells, like says, like adds the most random crap. And Lord has these structured stories. God, here's an extra Tidbeit he's like, oh you want to speaking of corn? I made corn.
Speaker 1: Some in my toilet because I had corn.
Speaker 2: And I can't believe we're not famous yet.
Speaker 1: Oh, er made that happened? I'm sure you did. Yeah, do you want?
Speaker 3: Do you want to take me outside and hit me with hors for the rest of the year.
Speaker 1: I believe it or not, I don't shot smack the corn out of you. That's already happened. Louis Vuitton has come out with a pet line. Oh Jesus will be not for dog enough. No, oh oh, I'm so getting this.
Speaker 2: From China Bag in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: No, we're gonna start with the poop bag.
Speaker 2: Oh oh god, the.
Speaker 1: Poop bag holder. How much do you think that goes?
Speaker 3: I'm going to six hundred, eighteen hundred.
Speaker 1: No, four hundred and seventy dollars.
Speaker 2: That was my first guest. I bumped up a bit.
Speaker 1: Then we have the Louis biton one dog bowl.
Speaker 3: Go nine hundred, fifteen hundred, twenty two hundred dollars, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Then the Creme de l the Louis Vton dog house. It's a basic doghouse with the Louis Viton print.
Speaker 2: Is it like, what's it made of?
Speaker 1: I don't know the answer to that.
Speaker 2: Is it big?
Speaker 1: It's your basic doghouse? Twenty five thousand?
Speaker 2: No, I'm gonna say like eight.
Speaker 1: Thousand, sixty thousand dollars for Louis. It's on doghouse. Um, and you know who's I immediately thought of the Kardashians. I'm like, I don't even know if they have dogs, but I'm like somebody who would be buying somebody that's fucking stupid who will buy Louis Vuitton. There's somebody that's gonna be walking that time. Okay. So there's a new trend in baby names, and this is funny because this is not work for me. A baby name expert says, this trend my best friend's dad is the next big baby name trend for girls. Some examples are like Scottie or Tommy Dumb or Mickey or Billy. What was your dad's name, ed Eddie? So if you had a baby girl, Eddie Rimmer, her name would be Eddie. Oh god, that is no dumb. Okay. My best friend's dad, Ed is.
Speaker 2: Like is like the the trucker who buys the gas station prostitute.
Speaker 1: Well, listen to this. If I followed this trend and I was I had instead of I had Evan. But I I'm going to go with this trend. I'm going to name my baby after my best friend's dad, Eddie Rimmer, Eddie Kane Dick kind have been Oh wow. Okay, And speaking of trends and stuff, so what trend do you remember that has come and gone? And it came and went so fast and it was just stupid. I'll give you some examples.
Speaker 3: Stupid ze cavariici pants you Internet, that's not.
Speaker 1: Do you remember, well you don't, but do you remember in the nineties. I don't remember this. When kids were walking around with pacifiers around their neck. That was like a trend.
Speaker 2: I have never heard of that.
Speaker 1: Stupid for like a hot minute. Yeah, when the poop emoji was like everywhere, they were like remember they were like you could get stuffed downs, you get pillows, you could get a mattress cover, you could get that d poop emoji that went away. You had a comforter with poop Emoji's all. I did not when mustaches, remember, mustaches were on everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't never understood that.
Speaker 1: I didn't either.
Speaker 2: Because it was like it was also it was a chick thing.
Speaker 1: Hey wait, isn't this November? Wait? Well yeah, this is I love giving a good mustache. Ride Eric, that is untrue.
Speaker 2: Also, that's also a chick thing.
Speaker 1: Uh that is that is incorrect. It doesn't know what he's talking. It does not have to be a chick thing.
Speaker 2: How we h.
Speaker 1: My god, are dirty bird dirt birds?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It gets weird down a rabbit hole now, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: How often do you clean that mustache? Laugh.
Speaker 1: Flash moms. Remember when people would like, oh the videos gather together and do a dance and break out in public. Yeah, planking, remember planking?
Speaker 2: Oh briefly that I don't think that was popular for very long.
Speaker 1: It wasn't. It was really stupid, but people did it for like a minute. What's the Flappy Bird game?
Speaker 2: That was just an iPhone game that just got really popular and the creator just removed it from the store.
Speaker 3: He was just over it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then finally, and I never really understood how these were valuable or what how these were going to work? NFTs?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, what is that?
Speaker 1: Okayle's explained.
Speaker 2: An NFT is literally just a digital picture, but it has a specific type of software called blockchain, which can assign ownership to it and also track that ownership across like the entire Internet. So basically, it's a way for you to prove you own an image.
Speaker 1: You own that image only you solo, and you buy it.
Speaker 2: You can make a million copies of the image too, but like you'll still own it in a way. It's really it's done.
Speaker 1: It went away.
Speaker 2: It was, but it was a trading thing you would collect, like people would raide these NFTs and make money off of them.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want you to they did a pole, This is a pole. But I want you to pretend like we are a couple and we're gonna walk down the hole. A couple, like a man in a one, A couple, A couple of hetero okay, sexual, a couple.
Speaker 3: I love your voice, I love your boobs and your vagina.
Speaker 1: No, you don't. I don't want you to say anything. Oh okay, I'm just you too, pretending we're walking down the street. And grab my hand and hold my hand as if we're going to walk down the street together. Take a nice walk. Okay, I can't. I can't wait to bang you like a straight test. Okay, oh okay, see look no in a new pole. Thirty percent of people say they interlock their fingers when holding hands, but the boomers prefer cupping. No, Oh, that's that's. The older you get, the more you cup. The younger you are, the more you use your fingers.
Speaker 2: I cut sometimes.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know hello, and I'm not. Yeah, there's a news cupping.
Speaker 2: I think hand holding is actually kind of going away. I don't see very much, you know what.
Speaker 1: I don't remember the last time I held.
Speaker 2: Hands with it's going away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there we go. Only touched anybody in a long time?
Speaker 2: Well, that's a different problem.
Speaker 1: That's like sad. Would you like to touch me? I like, I've been affectionate with anybody in a long time. I've shown like I think.
Speaker 2: We should go. She's getting real desperate.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just saying it's kind of must I must look pretty good.
Speaker 1: Then I think I'm missing human contacts.
Speaker 2: Okay, Laura, let's not this is not this is depressing.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, whatever, all right, here's the next.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm your friends. I'm going to tell you what These problems don't matter. Stop talking about that?
Speaker 1: Is that why I'm like so psychotic?
Speaker 2: Maybe you're lonely?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Should we do a therapy session?
Speaker 1: I should go to therapy. I think I need therapy, but maybe sometimes.
Speaker 2: Now, as a student of psychology, I'm just going to say sometimes therapy is a little overrated.
Speaker 1: Wait, okay, wow, most people are like champions of therapy here. I think, what is what's your problem with?
Speaker 2: They can go to therapy and they can find something wrong with you.
Speaker 1: I think that. I don't like the goal is to find something wrong with you. I think the goal is to keep talking. Laura has somebody liver spots. I thought I was petting good Dalvatian.
Speaker 2: No, therapy is an overall good thing, but sometimes we put on a really high pest.
Speaker 1: Just you know how we play that game? What your price is? You know how we play that game? What's your what's your price? To take Eric out in front of my place?
Speaker 2: Put down Godfather style?
Speaker 1: Yes, what's your first saying that about my hands and liver spots?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 1: What's your price? I want you to take him down the body. No, you don't kill him. I don't want you to kill him. I want you just I just want you to like I want you to just take him down and like humiliate him. You just what's your prices? Okay?
Speaker 2: Well you know I know that's too much for you. Forty five family discs.
Speaker 1: Okay. There's this new hack, this flying hack, going around, and I think it's dumb, but people swear by it. And it's only it's not like if you're flying Southwest, but if you're flying like to Europe or some exotic location. But they're saying they're calling it check in Chicken. And the thing is you wait until the very last second to check in it hopes of procuring a premiere seat for free.
Speaker 2: Oh but if you don't, you get the work.
Speaker 1: It is the biggest risk ever. But that's the new trend that's going around. Participate in that trend.
Speaker 2: How does that doesn't even make sense? It does.
Speaker 1: So here's a new concept. Instead of checking in for your flight right away, just hold off until last minute. The thinking is that by waiting until the end, you could receive a premium seat, one with extra leg room, or an aisle or a window seat closer to the front without being charged extra. Many airlines charge more for specific seats, but those are also more likely to be available if the plane doesn't sell out. But if it does, this is a risk. If the book is if the flight is overbooked, as airlines tend to do, and if you are the last to check in, it's possible that you could be bumped from the flight. That seems like a big risk. Yes, that's why it's called chicken chicken.
Speaker 2: Also, those like those like preferred seating typically don't have that much lake room. That's really only like a first class thing.
Speaker 1: And you know those days of when you could say, oh, you know, i'm checking O, I'm going to see my grandma. You know, can you bump me up to first Nobody does that anymore. Nobody gets bumped up to first class anymore.
Speaker 2: The best comp I got, and this it wasn't a very good one, but it was the best one is they asked me to switch seats. I was flying by myself from like an aisle seat to just a different nisle seat, so like two people could sit next to each other. And they get and they told they gave me a free cocktail voucher for the flight, and so I used it and I got a jack and coke, and by god, it was the worst check. It was like straight jack. It was so bad.
Speaker 1: One time, we were going to that radio conference that I talked about, a radioshow boot camp in New Orleans, and we were all flying coach because the stations would pay for us to go to this conference. Well, somehow one of us got bumped to first class. And I was the one that got bumped to first class on the first flight, and so I would I was sending back like hot towels, strawberries, like all these things, hot nuts.
Speaker 2: I don't even think first class really does that.
Speaker 1: I don't think so either.
Speaker 2: I know SATs are bigger seats.
Speaker 1: Actually, when I flew to Paris first class, I know, I'm sorry. I kind of have lived a life. I've lived a life. It was the coolest thing in the world. And the seats reclined into a bed. It was like the and you got a little you got a little toiletry bag with everything, deodorant, toothbrush, chapstick, all the things, socks, a mask. Anyway, I forgot my train of thought.
Speaker 2: Great story, Laura. Anyways, first class is great. I've never flown it, but I would like to someday.
Speaker 1: Oh no, they do. They do still give hot nuts. Yes, they did do that, and then they offered champagne to everybody before the flight took off, and they did give you your drinks before the flight took off. So they do cater to the first class people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny though, like the meal things are not really like that's not really much of a thing anymore.
Speaker 1: Even if you like, just say I was going to fly to Vietnam, would I get like a dinner? Would I get I would get a lunch or dinner?
Speaker 2: The longest flight I've done this five hours?
Speaker 1: Oh really?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I haven't flown out of the country or yeah, I think on international flights you might, but.
Speaker 1: You've never been out of the country.
Speaker 2: No I have. I've just never taken like the like the times I fly in the country. It's like from here to Florida and then from Florida like Turks and Caicos something, right. But the best they do is they sell like those little boxed meals that are like you know, they microwave for two seconds in hand to you right for like twenty five bucks, like the fancy meals. I don't think they really do that anymore.
Speaker 1: I think if you fly to like New Zealand or something, then you you're getting some you're getting like dinner, and you're getting like silverware.
Speaker 2: I don't think, Hey, maybe what's the planes that used to have the open bars on like the top floor, like the massive ones on like the tropical like cruise flights you know what I'm talking about, Yes, I do.
Speaker 1: And they had like there there were planes that were just so nice they had that Oh my gosh, I the only time I've been in a plane that had like, you know, the three rows, like the middle row and then the size only very like a handful of times I've been on a plane that big get to.
Speaker 2: Be flying to, like Japan or something.
Speaker 1: Truly, I want to fly to Dubai and go to Air Amirates. Why not, Well, you.
Speaker 2: Don't want to go to Dubai. Why Dubai is a that's a that is a restrictive country.
Speaker 1: I'll say so, I don't care. Oh you will know because you know what I heard. My friend went to Dubai and used group hotly used groupons for every event he did in Dubai, and he did it on the cheap.
Speaker 2: That's cool. You just it's very easy for foreigners to get rested in Dubai, and it's really hard.
Speaker 1: You'd be arrested, for sure. I know. I don't know why, but I probably would.
Speaker 2: I think swearing in public can get you arrested.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, i'd beat can.
Speaker 2: I'm not positive about that, but they're.
Speaker 1: Pretty Yeah, you would be arrested for something. You would be rested just for looking in the wrong way. Probably just your resting face would get you. Arresting face would get me arrested. Yeah. I want to go Japan though, Okay, I know Japan. I would love to go to Tokyo. Okay, what is something I'm gonna finally, we're gonna end with this me like a little short one tonight because we had forty minutes. Oh, I think it worked like it's gone by so fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go by so fast.
Speaker 1: I love you guys. Okay, is there something that you've seen a lot, but you're still in awe every time you see it? You shut up. I know that's a joke and that is not funny. I'll give you some exams amples. They somebody did a recent and then they gave I think it was like I Reddit or something. Mountains when you see a big mountain range, somebody said, and the ocean. I'm always in awe of the ocean, especially when the waves are huge. When you really think about the ocean. Oh my god, Oh my god. There's a show on Netflix you have to watch. It's called Investigation Alien. It's brand new, and.
Speaker 2: I really dislike documentary there, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's episodic documentary though. Yes, this guy this is a reporter who's been, who has been I don't remember it, no, but he is in this and they talk about Bob Blazar a little bit, just a little bit. But this guy, this guy in this is new stuff. These are new videos. This one video that they show of a spacecraft. It wasn't like anything you've ever seen. It looked like a jellyfish hanging in the sky and it wasn't visible to the human eye. It was infrared and it was caught on.
Speaker 2: At a military base. Yeah, I've seen this video.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: You know what it was. It was a balloon. They found it out.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that was the government talking about that, talking it away.
Speaker 2: It wasn't yet.
Speaker 1: Have you seen it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said, I've seen the clip.
Speaker 1: It looks nothing like a balloon and it goes around that because no, it was.
Speaker 2: It was moving in It's fine.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you something. I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: I need to watch the documentary, the true crime documentary on Netflix called Into the Fire.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm watching documentaries. I love aliens.
Speaker 2: I want to like them.
Speaker 1: But what Okay, I watched the Whitney documentary that was sad.
Speaker 2: I love documentary topics, but the thing is is that I flake documentaries often present like just the most you know, glamorized version, and I hate it because it's always so far off from what usually like the true situation is.
Speaker 1: Okay, Charlie and I love this show called documentary. Now have you heard of this show? Okay, it's by Bill Hayter and the guy that does Portlandia, and they do these fake documentaries that look like real documentaries and they're like so freaking funny, but they're not supposed to be funny. It's Brian, this would be totally up your alley.
Speaker 2: Everyone's good one like the Men does Brothers. One was good and they actually did some did some interesting social movement. But for the most part, it's like they take basic facts that have been known forever and then they just spin them up interestingly and they go what really happened? Like okay, like this has already been discussed to death.
Speaker 1: I love like religious documentaries. I love like people have been to like Hell Camp, like Teenagers that went to Hell Camp. I've watched that documentary.
Speaker 2: If there is like actual footage they had to go out and get, it's usually good. But otherwise, like.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you something, and it's off the coast of southern California.
Speaker 2: I know we're a hot spot for supposed UFO activity and Tampico, Mexico.
Speaker 1: Did you have you heard of that road?
Speaker 3: That's it that's out somewhere near like alcohol In or Lakeside or something.
Speaker 1: Doctor Valley Road that's haunted. It's haunted. It's not an alien, yes that like the rumor or the story is things roll up really a Proctor Doctor Valley Road. That's cool though, but they also say it's very haunted.
Speaker 2: If anthink's haunted, it is Wildcat Canyon. That's just because having people have died there.
Speaker 1: Oh, is that why you can't drink a Barona casino? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I think that's why because of the twisty roads. They don't want people to get you know that.
Speaker 2: The Crustal Boulevards had a couple of people die on that.
Speaker 1: Thunderstorms and wind wind. When I see a really strong wind, I know, I've never been in a tornado. I've never been in a hurricane, and I know that'd be a whole different story. But I'm always in awe. I love the wind. I love Santa Ana winds. That gets me in awe.
Speaker 2: You get depressed by bad weather or does it make you excited like gloomy, overcast, rainy.
Speaker 1: No, I don't get depressed by that. Like I work it, like I go, oh, this is a day where I'm going to like, what if it was if it was months and months of it, then I would like, Yeah, like Charlie is in Portland and a lot of times it's overcast and rainy there for months, and he was seriously considering buying one of those lamps. Yeah, because there is seasonal depression.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: And Evan is such a sunny southern California girl that she's starting to feel that way right now. Actually, to be honest with you, we just had that conversation. I'm like, you need to come home, be in San Diego. We're gonna get some highlights in your hair, like you know. No, I'm just saying, like, she's my hair is dark, and I feel that da da da go trust me?
Speaker 2: What about like the sand? Like okay, for example, what I was thinking of, we had the sand and their couple you know what lack a week ago and one of my favorite feelings was I had my window cracked open. It was a cold Santanna right and I was like laying in bed and I could hear the wind howling through the trees and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, amazing, I love that is awesome me too, Brian.
Speaker 2: I love that cold like that almost where it's like it's not menacing, but it feels a little a little dangerous. It does, and like nature feels real live.
Speaker 1: It's kind of cool to feel weather. And I know that this is not the right thing to say, but in a way, I kind of want to experience a tornado, not being in one, not being in one, but like to see one.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to you know, videos of people who like they are driving all of sudden it's Tony Doo and they flip it and they are like, yea flying that looks a little fine.
Speaker 1: But I mean things are actually in it, like yeah, oh my god, it's here, okay, the nights guy on a clear evening, the stars, I mean, do you sit and ponder and like, wow, the universe. My it's endless. My mind's blown. Watching an airplane take off, especially a big giant aeroplane, like we were talking about the kind that go to Japan, the kind of go to Dubai. Sure, it's just kind of a mirror. I'm in awe that it can lift off. I know that the what the formula is, but it's still you know the formula whatever. You know the I know how it work.
Speaker 2: Drag Cofish and lord whatever.
Speaker 1: But you know, you know what I'm trying to say, just with all that weight and all that luggage and all that, you.
Speaker 2: Know, it blows my mind, is I you know, you see, we see jets in the skylot because we lived by the near my base. But I went to the Air and Space Museum not that long ago, and they have an old F sixteen that used to be a Blue Angels jet. And you don't realize how absolutely massive those things are. They're like three school buses in length. I think like two and a half.
Speaker 1: Really, I thought they were small.
Speaker 2: No, jets are huge.
Speaker 1: They are absolutely the kind of land on the air craft carriers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're massive. They're like fifty feet long or something.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen the International Space Station flyover?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's really cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what somebody said. And snow is pretty all inspiring because we don't get to see that very often. I think I've been in snow less than ten times. Yes, in my life, Julia, it's not even that far. I know, but I just don't. I don't know, all right. I didn't see snow until I was like, I don't know, in my teens.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. I know, big Bear's not that far.
Speaker 1: I know that we weren't. We weren't a camping family and not that Big Bear's camping or cabiny. Oh we did go to Big Beer, but we went during the summer. Oh, I remember, I got a splinter in my toe. That's the only thing I remember when I was little, and it was really painful. And then somebody put said tool in concert. Are you a tool fan?
Speaker 2: What the hell is tool? Tool?
Speaker 1: Tool? I freak out, But I'm also in awe when I see just the top of a submarine bobbing up.
Speaker 2: The submarines are cool when the last time you seen the submarine.
Speaker 1: Though I've been inside a submarine. You can go it at the maritime.
Speaker 2: Music that one too.
Speaker 1: It's cool, it is, but gosh, I couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: I've always wanted to see one of those massive military nuclear subs or from the water.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you're huge. I couldn't do it. And then seeing a blimp doesn't a blimp freak you out? Sometimes, like a blimp parked or a blimp when it's like the rope is tied to it's kind of because it's a big balloon. I've been in a blimp before I took a blimp ride on the good Year blimp I did too big?
Speaker 2: Is the cabin of that thing? Is it tiny?
Speaker 1: It's it's it's the size of like, is there.
Speaker 2: Anything up there, like inside it besides just the cockpit?
Speaker 1: I know, not really that there's just the seas I kind of felt like I was in a like a VW van.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just like a big car basically. Yeah, I've always wondered.
Speaker 1: And it's really slow. Yeah, it's really slow. It was cool though, but I always I always think it's really neat.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. Helicopters. Those are crazy how they actually like work and how much mechanical stuff has to go into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I know, I'm an aerial videographer.
Speaker 2: You didn't build the helicopter. I'm not impressed by you.
Speaker 1: I'm an aerial videographer for a traffic the news.
Speaker 2: Station is playing a video game and a helicopter.
Speaker 1: I know, but it is pretty cool. It is very cool. And then one more finally from me, I am always in awe when I go to a big concert. I just think it's just I feel cool. I feel like it's I I I have a big because you don't spend enough time in there. You always are in the gift.
Speaker 2: So that's such an old person thing to say, what I like to go to concerts, know that you feel so in awe and like whatever it is a concerts.
Speaker 3: You just when I was at that Shod Girls concert, that was just this was the perfect this is a perfect outfit for.
Speaker 2: That Belgia John was the best concert I ever saw. I think I left thirty minutes after it started.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh wow, I got a T shirt. Oh my god. Seeing YouTube in Vegas was amazing. That was at was seeing Radiohead?
Speaker 2: Didn't they just play in Vegas at the New Dome Theater whatever it's called.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I really wanted to you at the Sphere, but those tickets were like.
Speaker 2: Hell, that's gonna end up being like one of the like modern marvels of the what do you call it?
Speaker 1: Have you been to Vegas since you since it's been there?
Speaker 2: You've never been to Vegas?
Speaker 1: You haven't? No road trip? Oh wow, road trip? The Sphere is incredible.
Speaker 2: What do you do in Vegas? Plight's gamble?
Speaker 1: How there's tons to do? Like what we could shows there?
Speaker 3: Yes, there's theon Museum, which is amazing.
Speaker 1: There's a Titanic museum.
Speaker 2: You could get escorts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you go to sex clubs, you can go to strip clubs. You can go see how the Hoover Dam was built. That's like around the corner you can get.
Speaker 2: Carriage, all things club.
Speaker 1: I feel like you should go to see the sphere, just to see this spe.
Speaker 2: What I want to see is I want to go. I forget which casino it is. I want to go in the one that has the Venice Canals indoors.
Speaker 1: With or at Paris or the Venetian. Yes, oh it's it's really really, really really cool, and the lago is really glide through one of the is it the Blagio that you can hangle, I don't care. Fremont Street, Freemont Street, which is Old Vegas. You can zipline or zipline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I just want to pull off an Ocean's eleven heist.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm feeling a podcast road trip to Vegas is in the works, maybe sometime in the not too distant future. Maybe on that note, Yes, keep working on your stand up comedy acts, guys, because it's coming. I'm not I haven't nailed down a date yet. Oh and by the way, speaking of future, oh don't even start. People are already saying that I've got to win this year because it's so stupid.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing the team.
Speaker 3: It's not going to happen. Caine, you are. You are going down in flames.
Speaker 1: What about this idea? I know a comic you know mal Hall Okay, he's great. What if we change it up and we perform for a real comic No, and then he can tell us who wins. Okay, it's either or no. I have to be it does I don't mind at all. I think that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Likelar communities, you guys, you guys are so annoying.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're gonna do it. You're gonna do it.
Speaker 2: I just have some pride, you.
Speaker 1: Know, like you can still have pride. You're not gonna like lose or.
Speaker 2: You don't get it because you gave yourself a long time you are I know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think getting mallin here would be a great fun would not be fun, and then like perform in front of him and then he could say that was really good or that would have bombed.
Speaker 2: I can't do raunchy though. That's the problem.
Speaker 1: Doesn't have to be doesn't have to be raunchy baked.
Speaker 3: Mine's not raunchy bake. It is that mine's actually pretty clean. Seinfeld was never funny.
Speaker 1: Show he wasn't. He's stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, he wasn't.
Speaker 1: That's what about Ellen. Ellen is funny.
Speaker 2: Ellen was not funny.
Speaker 1: Okay, I saw her final concert. She was not funny. Well, then this is gonna be a little bit of a challenge for you, then, isn't it. Brian, and you're gonna do it?
Speaker 2: Really will? I? Yes, you will, im it's on my calendar.
Speaker 1: No, it's in the byelaws of this show that the contract you sign.
Speaker 2: I didn't sign a contract, damn it. And Eric's ryder got thrown out, so it did not. Yes, it did.
Speaker 1: No. Every once in a while, I get fed once in a while.
Speaker 2: Where is the writer? I don't see you, I think.
Speaker 1: Laura anyway, Okay, we have more coming up next week. Oh and then Clay is going to be on the show from Dolphace Club.
Speaker 2: Hope you ordered me something?
Speaker 1: Well, no, I've was sending. I'm trying to because Brian really loves her because she does sweatshirts and and cool designs and for Dolphace Club and the money goes to UH women's recovery homes. And she is just an awesome designers amazing And I sent him I got hey, this is available on because her things sell out all the time. And it was a gray hoodie. I'm like, okay, he'd be down with this. And it was like a woman it kind of looked like a tattoo with her tits out. It was a naked woman, but it looked like a like a sailor would have it tattoo on his arm. I'm like, what about this, Brian. He goes, well, I could do without the nudity. I'm like, oh my god, I know I wouldn't wear that. I know, I know. So I'm working on it. I'm working on No.
Speaker 2: One loves nudity more than me, but you know.
Speaker 1: I'm working on it me too. So anyway, she's coming up on different form of thanks Giving week. Let's not go down that hole.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, All right, good night everybody.
Speaker 1: Okay, love your podcast, please please say it, please please?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's closing, and love your podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay. I love you, my seat babies, I love you. Why