Speaker 1: Report to Transporter Room three. Oh, Brian, here, I need you in Transporter room three. This is the Captain. Meet me in Transporter room three. Join us in Transporter Room three. Captain. We're heading for transporter room three. This is your favorite transport room, isn't it.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Transporter Room three with your hosts Phil Pirello and Soak Laura Energize.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the second Transporter Room three of twenty twenty six. Mister Scott. How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm doing good, Phil. We're getting ready for this storm over here in New York, and I think you are as well.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm pulling a Sulu in the enemy within. I got my rocks to heat up with my facer. I got my faser to heat up those rocks. I got those blankets. I've also got some makeup to make it look really cold on my eyebrows.
Speaker 1: No shuttle, not a shuttlecraft to send down, right.
Speaker 3: And no long rope to send down either.
Speaker 1: No bugs on a coffee, no bugs bunny ladder. No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're both on the East Coast. We're both about to embark on our best McCready and the Thane impersonation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, anyone listening who's facing the storm, because I know it's a lot of areas are about to get hit. Just stay safe, and you know, don't do anything stupid. Stay in, go out by your bread and eggs and milk, and stay in the house and watch some Star Trek and let the storm pass. You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, power goes out often in our area. The last is from the hit me with that powerful three days. We're hoping that doesn't happen here, little auxiliary generator. Three days is a while, yeah, yeah, yeah, And we got two dogs, so you know what, we'll warm up with some Star Trek thoughts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess I'm not sure if those will tie your wife over quite as long as they will you though, But.
Speaker 3: No, they won't, especially if we start talking about Starfleet Academy, because.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, speaking of which we're we are here to talk about episode three of Starfleet Academy. Vitus Reflex. Is that how you pronounce it? I don't know. I was going to ask you, ye vet us reflex. I'm not sure. I can't figure out what that means, what that title means. I I googled it like Latin. Yeah, I googled the Latin. I wasn't really piecing together what it what it, what it stands for. So I don't know. Maybe maybe I'm just dumb, or maybe I'm missing the obvious. But but we you know, after last week when we talked about the first two episodes of Starfleet Academy, we got a lot of positive feedback. A lot of people seem to want us to keep talking about it. So we'll we'll try to keep the keep it going for a while and we'll see, we'll see how it goes, if people remain interested or not. Uh. But episode three, this is this is another moment, the one with the prank, the one with the Little Shop of Horror's prank. So it's another one that's just set completely on Earth, which I liked. It's like they didn't they didn't send the school slash starship up into space to get into a space battle. It's just it's kids at it's kids at the school doing stuff, doing the kind of things that kids at school do, right, Uh, And I like that. I'm glad that the show is willing to do that, and so far anyway doesn't feel the need to to warp out and go into battle or whatever every week. But overall, I liked this episode. Did you what do you think of it?
Speaker 3: I liked it too. I I I like the dynamics of the of the crew, obviously the actor who plays Darren.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like what they're doing with the quote unquote stereotypical Jacques with Jock what's something to prove yes, and how they're subverting that expectation. I was not expecting that. Yeah, I really appreciated it.
Speaker 1: Because these characters are you know, I mean there's certain the main ones anyway are a certain type, right, Like you know, you've got like the the chosen One boy, you know, that's Caleb. You have the the Hermione type, you know, the girl Genesis is other names like yes, you know she you know, she's like she's obviously very talented, and Ella Shepherd, Yeah, you know she's talented, she's smart, she's good at everything. Then you've got Darren, who is kind of like the you know, not he's not a bad guy, but he's kind of like he has a darker edge to him, right, you know. So, and then you know the Whack. You have the couple of the wacky Sidekicks and the Klingon and samh but that's not to say that that any of this is a bad thing. I mean, like this is these are types and then you build out around them. And I think you're right, like this is basically Darren's episode and Genesis to a lesser degree, right, But like I really enjoyed the stuff with with the Darren character and how you know, we we find out that one of the reasons he's the way he is is because his parents are assholes, basically, right. I mean he talks about how he uh and of course we're talking full spoilers here as usual. He talks about how when he was a kid, he did some he was performing in some musical concert or something, and his and he had practiced and practiced, and he screwed up a note or something in the concert and his parents got up and left like because you know, like you know, this is like that's not.
Speaker 3: Some writer's story that they brought him to the room.
Speaker 1: My god, right, yeah, so, uh so you know this is the this is what this get. This kid brings into Starfleet Academy. He he you know, he comes here with this this mindset and as a result, he's super competitive. That's why he was picking a fight in the first episode with with Caleb and the and the klingon uh, and here he's competing with Genesis to be captain of that whatever the hell that squad is. I don't I can't remember whether it's called, but like basically that late laser tag squad. I don't know was some of this episode. I was having a little bit of trouble following at times, like like they were competing to see who's gonna be captain of this like elite squad. It's almost like the Wesley Crusher Flying Squadron from the Wesley Crusher Starfleet episode. But like I couldn't figure out what is the scot squad exactly that they were competing to be captain of. Is it is it that laser tag competition or is it just is that just one of the tests that they had to take. I couldn't quite I don't know. Ye, Like it's like it's a pretty long episode, It's over an hour long, and yet.
Speaker 3: I felt the run on this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did too. It felt like there was it felt like there was a lot of nothing going on at times, and like and I and I couldn't quite follow all the all the beats despite it being so long, right, and the.
Speaker 3: Person pulling the prank court Scott, who who is the mastermind? It was a little is it the Vulcan?
Speaker 1: So the War College kids start right, yeah, and it's the vult It seems like it's the Vulcan. And I think the the gal he's with is a Romulan or half romulin maybe, I'm not sure. It's the two of them. And then they have that human sidekick I think his name, yeah, Kyle. So they seem to be starting it. But then it turns out eventually that if I understood it correctly, that the masters of the two schools, Holly Hunter and her counterpar part in the War College, that they've actually been manipulating the kids all along, and that they've been facing off in their own way sort of in yes, But like I found Holly Hunter's dialogue like I know we talked about her last week, but like I found like I was having trouble understanding the words that were coming out of her mouth to quote, to quote Chris Tucker from the Rush Hour movies or to Scott, oh shit it is.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to hear your borat in two years.
Speaker 1: But like I couldn't quite understand her at times, like when she's like she kind of reveals at the end when she's talking to the the gem Handar slash kling on her number one, and then when she's talking to Caleb, like some of the stuff, I was like, I don't know what the what the hell you're saying right now, Holly Hunter. And I don't know if it's the screeners that we the screeners don't have finished audio or what it is. But did you feel that too?
Speaker 3: Some of the dialogue in this was hard for me to understand, and I think that's the sound mix issue that we've been seeing for the last decade. Yeah, dreaming, you know, I put the subtitle on Yeah, I just want to so Aki is behind this, but she's the ultimate. She's the mastermind.
Speaker 1: Sure, master she's manipulating the kids without them really knowing it.
Speaker 3: But now here's the thing about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: She says we are in the teach them how to fish business, which is a good line, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, And she says this is kit shit. I'm pro kit shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They grew up in the burn. Yeah, I'm not going to crush the life out of them anymore than the universe already has. Yeah, then why are you submitting them to these pranks that can emotionally traumatize or scar them. I mean, as they're going through a physical gauntlet of this centuries version of Capture the Flag.
Speaker 1: Well, being beamed and naked into in front of all your classmates in the third week of school, that can't do much for you for your self esteem, right like that?
Speaker 3: You know, But again, these pranks, the Capture of the Flag game, well, people could get injured.
Speaker 1: Well I'm assuming there are safety protocols, but at the very least emotionally injured. It felt like the beginning of the freaking Terminator.
Speaker 3: Too, right, So what like, Yeah, I mean, I'm waiting for a skull to get crushed but by a metal foot. But if you think just unpack, I think this is of the story of the writing. They grew up in the Burn. Yeah, and as we know, the burn is a galactic emp basically, yeah, right, Okay, they grew up in the Burn. I want to crush the life out of them, so I'm going to drop them into the middle of the first twenty minutes of saving Private Ryan. Why would you, as a cadet want to continue on Yeah, with an academy.
Speaker 1: Like this, it's a pretty intense.
Speaker 3: That's okay.
Speaker 1: But they say it's only been three weeks, so it's a pretty intense. You would think that's the.
Speaker 3: Least be my last time. I say I've been here for three weeks.
Speaker 1: You would think that that's that's at least junior year type stuff. Right. They didn't let us shot shoot on sixteen millimeters till junior year. When I was in college. It was like, you know Super eight and video before that, you know. So, so, yeah, I I hear where you're coming from.
Speaker 3: You know, I mean, but am I I mean if I'm wrong, am I overthinking this?
Speaker 1: Or I mean again, like I don't I don't think they could actually get hurt. I tend to think they couldn't get actually get hurt. But having said that, it could still be a traumatic situation. So I hear where you're coming from.
Speaker 3: And she's she's quoting from shit Sue, Sorry, sorry, should should that's my dog son, Sue learned patience in a garden. What fucking garden are you? What are gardens?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: We met you in a garden.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well she's trying to she's she kept trying to drop plant references to bring it all home to Audrey at the end, right, Audrey from Little Schub of Horrors, I will say, and again I like the episode. I don't I don't think a lapling the Lapling is the Lapling is the one of the Again, like I had a little trouble following everything. The Lapling was one of the mascots, the bird type mascot.
Speaker 3: Oh right, and that's the creature in the most toys that I was talked about almost being extinct from.
Speaker 1: Oh is it really I think that's that.
Speaker 3: Oh I really know that because I looked it up.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well that's okay. Uh. And then the Mugatcha was the other mascot the war.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is a nice touch.
Speaker 1: A weird though, And then I was googling that and like back when the trail, I guess you glimpsed it in the one. You could glimpse it in one of the trailers before the show came out, and people were like complaining because they thought that the mugatta was going to be a member of Starfleet Academy and that the makeup didn't look good. You know, It's like it's a guy wearing a mascot suit like so, but I will say also like I felt like the escalating pranks didn't pay off that well. It was almost like the beat the beaming prank was the best one, and that was the first, the first one, you know, But you know, the like the character. So there's a lot of the nit stuff to nitpick here. But like again, like I really like the characters and the stuff going on with them in these episodes, In these all the episodes so far, I like that we we shined the spotlight a bit on these other two this week. Again, the stuff with with uh uh, you know, with Darren's parents and you know the fact that he kind of is trying starting to learn to like think differently from his parents. I mean, that's one of the reasons you go away while you leave home is to experience the world and other people's viewpoints and stuff. And I felt like his story felt a little like a Star Trek story in a way, like an like an episode of Star Trek where it was like, you know, he was learning something about himself and about others, you know, uh, and they you know, they We've said this last week, but they really are like packing it in there in terms of supporting and recurring cast. You know, Deep says nine way right. But now we have these War College people who've entered the mix, and like, I think we'll probably see them again, right, And and also like the idea of the War College makes more sense now. It's like, okay, so it's two different schools that are working together, and of course there's going to be a rivalry between them, like that's inevitable. Uh So, I you know, I really I liked it. I think maybe it was the weakest of the of the first three so far, but I still thought I still thought it was good, you know, And I'm anxious to see the Klingon. I'm sure he's going to get an episode and Sam. I'm sure Sam's going to get an episode as well. So I like that they seem to be going through and kind of giving each each member of the cast something to do. They're they're not getting check off in Sulud, uh you know, which is always a danger, right, They're not They're not getting Jordie lafforged. Not not yet anyway.
Speaker 3: I hope not. I hope not anytime soon.
Speaker 1: The doctor was not in this one at all.
Speaker 3: No, And you know what, I didn't really miss.
Speaker 1: I didn't either. It's fine, you know, Like I hope when they do bring him back that they they do something more substantial, substantial with him. I hope he gets he gets an episode or an episode where he works with one of the kids or something, and you know, I need more than just opera jokes. Like it was good out of the gate the way they handled him, but like we need more, right sore.
Speaker 3: When we get to those episodes.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, see you're ahead, you've you've seen them and I have, you know. And then also, uh, tig Nataro was in this one a lot as Jet Reno, and I enjoyed that stuff. Actually watching films, I thought that stuff was good too.
Speaker 3: Oh she uh uh. I thought Jet kind of stole the show this time. I loved some of the line readings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she we find out is partners with Laura, if that's how I'm saying. Yeah, Gina, Yes, Sheier's character who's the gem dar slash killing on uh and she even kind of they she says, like I left the Starship on the edge of reality creation. Yeah, a edge of creation, but it's a cool way to put it in order to like come live with you basically like live with you know so yeah, so uh and yeah, and they're funny together. One thing I wanted to mention just bigger picture. We didn't really talk about it last time, but like the toxicity around this show, it feels a bit unparalleled. And you know, all the modern Trek has caught a lot of ship from toxic fandom, right, but this one.
Speaker 4: The fantom Yeah, I I'm unsure other than you know, people stirring ship just to stir ship and then then Snowballs becomes the boulder from Raiders.
Speaker 3: I just choose to ignore it, like a show that for sixty years was built in a foundation of inclusivity. Yeah, and empathy.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: If that is something that you feel the need to rail against behind an avatar online, then I need convinced that you were ever the audience for the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that you ever.
Speaker 3: Understood what it was. If all you want is phasers and photons and punching and we're in silent run, Deep Star Trek has that, but it's never only had that.
Speaker 1: Yep. Exactly, Well put Yep, That's all I'm gonna say about that. A big part of the promise.
Speaker 3: My first Gump guys.
Speaker 1: I hope you liked it.
Speaker 3: Scott was dusting off his nineties reference. I gave you, guys a classic Gump.
Speaker 1: Are we putting Forrest Gump and Rush Hour on the same scale?
Speaker 3: But if we were, I think we'd be the only people to do so. I don't know what that Venn diagram is. Movies in the nineties, that's it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, now you're right. I guess the last thing I'll say about that is just you know, you have these people who basically monetize hate nowadays, you know, on the political spectrum, but then not on fandom, the fandom side of things, Like they it's in their best interests to make people hate in order to get feed those people more, in order for the algorithm to feed those people more hate, so they'll click on their hateful videos and you know, try to make a few bucks off of YouTube ads or whatever. It's. It's it's freaking pathetic. But also on this episode, I mean, they it's a long episode. It felt like it could have been shorter, but they do service a lot of things, and they do. They did also touch on Caleb and the I'm blanking on her name now. The betazoid girl Terrima is that their name? Tee? We're gonna get these names right eventually. Tarama is it? I think it's okay?
Speaker 3: Kima the Beta said yeah, Beta student.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. So we got even though they weren't the main focus of the episode, we got stuff with them as well, which was enjoyable. They got a fair amount of to do. They got to play basketball together.
Speaker 3: I was fascinating, No pun intended. That was interesting to see that of all the sports to not require a future upgrade, it's basketball because jump ropes got a glow green.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're right. The basketball didn't have like us, have a shiny surface or anything. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: By the way, how rude is it to jump rope while your roommates are sleeping? Oh?
Speaker 3: I would have I would have beamed him without his clothes on some place walk back.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But I like the when when Caleb goes in undercover when they're finally going to pull off their ultimate prank at the end, and he goes in undercover as a as the Mugatu mascot, and then the beta zoid girl uh runs into him and he's trying to play it off and she kind of leans in and she's acting like she doesn't realize what he's doing, why he's really there, and she kind of leans in to kiss him, and then she at alerts the alarm system, but she's known the whole time that that he actually was there to infiltrate the dorm. I thought that was cute, And uh, there's also this like so we should mention it actually, because some of our listeners were wondering about this, the question of whether or not the Beta Z powers of being portrayed correct betazoid powers. Are they empaths or are they telepaths? And I have to confess I don't have a clear answer to it, because I always felt like Next Gen was never super clear on it either. I don't know what super clear.
Speaker 3: In the beginning, she was an EmPATH.
Speaker 1: Right, but she was half human right so, right.
Speaker 3: So that there was an implied and sometimes actually stated limitation to her powers right at the same time, I think as narratives evolved and story stuff involved. Obviously the Troy we see in Picard season three is not the one we meet in TG season one, right, I think she's more telepathic than empathic, But it does seem like the power that power set but their abilities have evolved somewhat. But there's also a good chance that the people behind the show had the same Mandela effect. Is that what the abilities are of the beta z Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just don't clear on it. There's also the fact that she wears that thing on her neck because apparently she's overpowered to Yeah, so that could be leading. That's and that's very X men like power inhibitor inhibitor type. It's got to be leading.
Speaker 3: There might be something it's power inhibitor. You know, it's gonna it's going to go off at some point, you.
Speaker 1: Know, right, pabl Chekhov's power inhibitors. Yeah, Okay, anything else that we should touch on on this one before we move.
Speaker 3: On speaking of Yeah, one one thing, I this is nerdy, but this is a Star Trek podcast, so clearly you're here for nerdy shit jets temporal mechanics class.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you caught it, but our buddies that truck cor did h Do you remember that Star Trek warriagor episode Relativity, the time travel one where seven has to get involved.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, she dies at one point, right.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yeah. The two cars start play computer interface because that's from the twenty ninth century set boy drops of relativity can see that in her temporal mechanics class.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I thought it was a cool little touch. Okay, I know I've seen.
Speaker 3: This before, and it turns out we've seen it twice in Voyd your and in the Strange New World's episode Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow aka the one where could you kill Baby Khan?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: And what do you the one where we eat hot dogs in Canada?
Speaker 1: Yes? And what can you see exactly?
Speaker 3: You can see the two cars startlet computer interface?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, ah wow, okay, yeah, I mean it feels like a lot of these screens in the background have stopped, have a bunch of stuff on them that merits investigation in the show, for sure. So and check Corp is doing the Lord's work, I guess already.
Speaker 3: So God's as apostrophe work.
Speaker 1: What's next week's episode? I don't know, even though, do you know? Do you remember which one comes next?
Speaker 3: It's the fourth episode? I think it's a I think it's its centers on. I think the previews for the clinic jay Den.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, going on? Okay, yeah, all right, yeah, now I'm looking at the thing here, the the the graphical call out. Yeah, yeah, I see what you mean. Yeah, oh that's cool. That's cool.
Speaker 3: It could be cool. But yeah, I dug. I dug this one. Not as much as the other two as we talked about, but it's it's still interesting track. I disagree with the fundamentals of the prank premise as we talked about, but uh, it's not. Yeah, there's there's a it's vox in Excelcio is next week's episode.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, real quick.
Speaker 3: Did you see the Enterprise era communicator and translator in Aki's office?
Speaker 1: Yes, I saw, Okay, that was That was a translator? Is that what that was?
Speaker 3: And there's also a Defiant model.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And there's a voyager, and there's an Excelsior mm hmm.
Speaker 3: And there's an NX class. I think those are those like the Master Replica ones or the Eagle Moss ships.
Speaker 1: They might be, Yeah, they might be.
Speaker 3: They look like them. I just wanted them, you know, I wanted I wanted those models.
Speaker 1: But it bugs me. I'm sorry because Discovery did this too. It's like everything the only sense of history that the people in the thirty second century have is of the twenty third and twenty fourth centuries? Like, you know, like from our perspective, it's like, oh, okay, that's cool, Like those are from the shows you remember from the nineties, But in and Chancellor Achi's history, they were like eight more centuries to choose from starships and stuff, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, yeah, show me what was like a century agoes version of Voyager? Yeah, and if anything, you would be a Voyager model. But like, yeah, what would have been your Voyager?
Speaker 1: What was the iconic ship from one hundred? Yeah, like years ago?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what was your that we haven't heard of ever? Yeah, you know, but it has the same meeting as Voyager does.
Speaker 1: To us, Yeah exactly. You know. So I think that's a little bit of a miss. It's still cool to see that stuff. It's cool to see that stuff, but it also feels a little like a little fan service heavy, right, So yeah, okay, you want to move on and do a quick replemat let's do it all right, I'm going to the replemant to get something to eat.
Speaker 3: My pick is Ponies on Peacock. It's a Cold War seventies set seventy spy dramedy about two persons of no interest ponies in Soviet Russia who struggle to get involved with espionage when a personal tragedy affects their lives. I don't want to spoil it. The log line spoils it. The trailer kind of spoils it. It's much better going in unspoiled.
Speaker 1: Okay, it stars.
Speaker 3: I'm planking on her name, the actress who played Denaris on Game of Thrones.
Speaker 1: Oh, Rachel McAdams.
Speaker 3: No, Rachel McAdams is on a Game of Thrones. She was in a Terminator, Scott, I'm gonna, I'm gonna Amelia.
Speaker 1: Clark, Amelia Clark. Oh, oh, secret Invasions, Amelia Clark. If you had said secrets. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Terminator Genesis is Amelia Clark and its stars also Haley Richardson, who is the standout that actor. If you if you've ever seen Edge of seventeen and everything she's done through then there's nothing that actor can't do. Okay, so natural, so believable, can juggle the tones of the comedy, the drama, the stakes of the spy show. In the Just world, we would be giving her a special animy right now, and we're not even in that point yet. But it's a great show so far. Really go check it out.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna recommend it to my wife.
Speaker 3: As check it out.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's a lot to watch right now. Gosh.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna go with Primal season three. And I don't know if I've talked about it. I talked, you know. The thing with replomat pics is sometimes I forget if we've already talked about something or not. But I don't think. I don't think we have. Okay, So Primal being the Gandhy Tartakovsky animated series. Uh, you know, the guy who did like Samurai Jack and Dexter's Laboratory. He did the original Star Wars Clone Wars animated show before the one that became the the popular one. He did a series of shorts and this is this is not the new show, which but the third season just debuted and it's about a caveman and his dinosaur, basically his trusty pale who was a dinosaur. Uh. And the show had debut in twenty nineteen, I think, and we're only on season three now. It kind of seemed as though it had definitively ended a few years ago, but now they've brought it back and they've kind of it's a new format. I don't want to say too much about it, because if you haven't watched it before, it's worth going back and just watching from season one on the Really they're quick, twenty two minute episodes. I think they're ten episodes per season. But I think it's great. I mean that's I've only seen the first three of the third season so far, but just pretty much every episode is just a work of art. It's it's just it's really great. We're mostly wordless animation. Very little dialogue comes into play. It's all just action being, you know, telling the story. Very emotional stories, but a lot of action, a lot of blood, a lot of gore, and cool monsters and creatures and stuff. It's it's really good. And so with the with season three dropping now it's weekly. Yeah, it's a good time to go back and catch up on the first two.
Speaker 3: Season one's one of the best. I still have to finish season two, but I love the animation style here. It's it's yeah, your visual storytelling.
Speaker 1: It's worth it. You should finish. You should, you should finish season two and then hop into three. Yeah, yeah, because it's the way they end season two and then what the way they start season three is really interesting. But again I don't want to spoil too much, so that that's uh, that's that. Do you want to do a red shirt?
Speaker 3: Red shirt man?
Speaker 2: Okay, attention all crew, please don your dress uniforms and prepare the photon torpedo coffins. It's time for the red Shirt of the week.
Speaker 3: Well, Scott has a good one from d S nine.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, uh so this is from In the Hands of the Prophets the uh yes, season one finale of Deep Space nine. Do you remember Chief O'Brien's assistant great casting on that episode. Her name, her name is Nila. She's played by Robin Christopher. Uh she is our red shirt. She is if you remember the episode, it's the school bombing religion versus Science episode where kai Vedic Wind shows up and she's calling ship on Keiko O'Brien's school and she thinks they should be teaching that the prophets are you know that they're not wormhole aliens, but they're profits and but it's all a ruse for Vedic Wind to try to lure Vedic Barrel to the station because he's her political rival, and she meant and she wants to have him assassinated, and she's gonna have Nila O'Brien's assistant assassinate him. And the episode culminates with her taking a shot at him and they man of course, Cisco Cisco, I think, does a slow motion no and jumps and like saves saves remember that right, right, and saves Baril. So she's unsuccessful, but she before she attempts the assassination, she has a discussion with vetick Win where she says, like, you know, if I have no escape route, I'm going to be caught and I'm gonna be executed, and and Vedic wins like, if that's what the prophets, you know, if that's the will of the prophets, that's that's what's going to happen. That's it. Like the last CC is that she's been arrested and she's gonna go off, and so we assume that she she's no longer with us for this world, so uh yeah, gins all around for her, she's not she's not implementing to no more self stealing stembolts are being put to use by her particular engineering.
Speaker 3: So made no antigraph units breakdown. He was a good one, Scott. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Just you know, every once in a while there's still one. We've done a lot of red Shirts over the years, but every once in a while there's one that we've managed to miss. So she was good, but she was a character they were setting up. And but so I think that'll do it for us. Phil, as always keep writing in and letting us know what you guys think of Starfleet Academy. We've enjoyed reading your thoughts and hearing hearing what you have to say. And you know, maybe we can even if we do keep kind of doing this weekly. I mean, we'll play it by ear Phil and we'll see if people are still interested, I guess. But but if you guys have questions that you want us to to try to answer on on the air, send them in and we'll try to do that. Or your thoughts about individual episodes or characters or whatever, you know, we would love to do that. Read some read some reader mail on the air too.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening, Gain, Scott, thank you for joining me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, Phil. Stay safe this weekend with the weather.
Speaker 3: You too, my friend. Until next time, Gain, We'll see you on Gribad Island,