Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to k IF I am six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. I was Shannon West on one of three point five hot country k NO. That was my fake radio name. Why West, I don't know, because it's kind of country music, y. I guess I don't know. I wasn't my idea, like, oh, is this okay? I've always used my real name.
Speaker 2: You may know no more than I do on this. So the guy on the meteorologists on ABC, is his last name really Rains or is that one of those things.
Speaker 1: With Dallas Ray. That's one hundred percent of fake name y.
Speaker 2: It's a play on the weather.
Speaker 1: Like right, A lot of the TV people have fake names.
Speaker 2: When I started, many of my peers had TV names. I've always had my name. You've always used your name.
Speaker 1: I have my name.
Speaker 2: I should have been like, you know, Leila Ailey. Two points. There are people who.
Speaker 1: I've worked with for a long time and i've and then I realized that it's not their their real name, like ten years down the line, twenty years downey Steve Gregory, not really that is what's his real name? I'm not going to say it on the air.
Speaker 2: Is Hey. Is his first name Steve?
Speaker 1: I cannot disclose.
Speaker 2: Say yes to no. If his first dame is not Steve, I'll tell you later. No, he'll kill me. This is already too much. Is his first name like Edward? No? Like, what is this first name? It's Oliver? Is it really Oliver Gregory? Oh, that's the door.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna call him that from no one. Oliver Gregory, I know him, all right. Okay, We've got tons of local news to get to. We've got an update on the missing couple out of the newdest Resorts. Turns out the authorities think that they are dead. They've made a murder arrest in that case. But we start with one of the most heartbreaking trials. Opening statements began yesterday in the murder trial of Sean Smith, the man accused of murdering Brionna Kuppfer at a furniture store in Hancock Park back in twenty twenty two. Michael Monks from KFI News is on this and Michael, I heard you talking to Phil yesterday and it sounds like this was a very emotional opening statements.
Speaker 3: Very tough evidence presented in downtown LA at the start of this trial, just horrifying details of what we all already knew was a horrifying tragedy that happened in Hancock Park at that furniture store. The evidence that was presented already is pretty immense, including a recording of the final seven minutes of Breonna Cooper's life, which is just terrifying to hear. Is she's begging for a life, and allegedly Sean Smith being heard on this saying it's over, It's over, It's over.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would assume that even the most hardened law enforcement officials would be shaken by that or recording just a terrible scene.
Speaker 3: And not only that, of course, they have photos of the shocking scene. She was stabbed forty six times, and prosecutors say she was stabbed with such force that the knife that was used allegedly by Smith was bent. They also found on the same device that recorded her tragic death in eighteen minute da tribe of him talking about what he wanted to do to vulnerable women. He allegedly was planning to do something like this, wanted to find a woman and kill her, And on that day two years ago in Hancock Park. He found a target in this furniture store, and she felt the vibes off when he entered the store, apparently because she texted a manager saying, somebody's in here. I don't feel good about it. Can you call? Unfortunately, that manager didn't see it for a few minutes, and by the time any action was taken, this tragedy had already unfolded.
Speaker 2: In my heart. That day broke for many reasons. I mean, obviously a horrific crime, you know, committed on to Brionna, and then her family having to hear about this when their child is away at you know, in school, and this manager or the friend who got the text. It was such a heartbreaking day hearing about this, and I just could only imagine what this young girl went through, This one young woman went through in her final moments in the store with a random stranger who's here, you know, to kill her. Are there any indication that this can just be a pretty quick trial.
Speaker 3: You have to assume that some defense is going to be mounted since this has gone to trial, but the defense team did not offer opening statements. They're saving it for their portion of the events, So the prosecution will go first and then we'll hear what the strategy might be when it comes to them, maybe next week. So we're not sure what defense will be mounted. We know that Sean Smith has a lengthy criminal record already in La County, and even last year when he first appeared in court or appeared in court another time, he was unruly and difficult to deal with in the court. So he's got a lot of issues. So this might not be a long whin. The evidence again presented yesterday were pretty intense.
Speaker 2: Does he have priors exactly?
Speaker 3: Yes, he has a pretty lengthy criminal record. They learned that right away. It took about a week to find him after this murder took place in Hancock Park, he was identified as a suspect. They found him a week later in Pasadena, so they do have some stuff on him for sure.
Speaker 1: And then her parents, I think Phil Schuman, who was filling in for John yesterday, played a Fox eleven interview that the station and the reporter did with her parents. They assume were in court yesterday as well.
Speaker 3: Yes, and the family was apparently able to leave before that terrifying audience.
Speaker 1: Oh good, I was going to ask, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's one of those nightmares come true for folks who live in some parts of this area that see folks who are mentally unstable, who don't look like they're in a good place and give off threatening vibes that, man, this could happen, and unfortunately, occasionally it does.
Speaker 1: I wanted to ask you, Michael, because I heard you say yesterday that you've actually served on a jury at a murder trial in Kentucky. And I've never known anyone that has in that jury room for a murder trial. And it was a hung jury, you said, And how did that? How did that play out? If you can briefly explain, like the interactions within the jury room, and did it get contentious?
Speaker 3: It was one of the worst moments of my life. Wow, I can tell you that it changed my life being on something like that.
Speaker 2: I had jury duty here this week.
Speaker 3: I could have been on this jury.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I may managed to dodge that somehow I never got called in, which I'm grateful for because this is a particularly tough one emotionally. But when you write about murders or talk about murder, and I was a journalist at this time in Kentucky as well, you know, you feel it on a human level. But you're not directly connected to it. When you're sitting in a jury box and you're listening to testimony of loved ones who lost someone in a violent manner, so suddenly it hits you as if you're a part of that family. And when we were deliberating over whether this individual was guilty and we ended up hung eleven to one, which made it particularly difficult to accept that one person could not be persuaded after three days of going after each other, it felt like we were tasked with delivering justice and we didn't. Luckily, it did go to trial again, and he was convicted the next time. The third time, by the way, we were the second trial, oh wow, Yeah, but this one was heavy, and you know it waited on me for a long time.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would imagine Michael, thank you very much. Appreciate that. Next time we'll talk about something good.
Speaker 4: I hope.
Speaker 2: So yeah, let's play some more Shania Twain and talk about Okay, Michael, do you remember I just this this story. I remember the day it happened, and just me too. My heart just broke for her family to know that this is their child's last moments. Yeah, and someone's worst nightmare that you're in your place of employment alone as someone walks in and murders you.
Speaker 1: It's horrible and it's just very rare that there's audio of this and begging for your life life and I can help you being the words that she said to the guy who was stabbing her repeatedly. It's just incredible. All right, Coming up next, how about we talk about Mickey Mouse and Disneyland.
Speaker 2: We need this. Yeah, are they fighting in Disney No, no, no, no, Orlando had Ah Yeah yeah, yeah, they thought was shooting and it wasn't. They think it was a balloon that went off. Yeah, yeah, it was a mess. Okay, this is a good story, I think.
Speaker 4: Okay, rightfully, you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Kenny Rogers The Gambler. That's my go to for karaoke. Yeah, got to no one to hold him.
Speaker 2: Yes, I will sing along to many songs in the crowd. My go to lately though, has been no scrubs for the last several years, like the last ten years. Actually, yeah, I think you can get the crowd going. They'll participate. TLC no scrubs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd make a case for baby, Baby, Baby Baby.
Speaker 2: Bet No, it's a little too slow. I love that song. We'll like to dance and no scrubs.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's been a month in my life since that song came out that I haven't listened to it once.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that was your song. They had great music, was like nineteen ninety four. The nineties, I always say the best time for music. My parents would disagree and say, no, you know, the seventies, sixties, yeah, But for me, the nineties.
Speaker 1: I feel like the sixties, like Motown, the six My dad loved that music and I'm a big fan of it, four Tops, stuff like that. And then the nineties like the early nineties for me, but that's when I was coming of age.
Speaker 2: R and B. In the nineties. Oh, the song Pat lopet either there was a storytelling element. Now. I don't know what's happening with a lot of music. I don't even know what people are saying.
Speaker 1: I was at the dentist and Keith Sweat came on this week and I wanted to just get into it, but she was in my mouth with the tools anyway, all right, I digressed.
Speaker 2: Shannon Early it's before Oh it's ten o'clock. That were good, Gary and Shannon. Did I do that yet?
Speaker 1: Kaf I am forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio. Lailah Mohammed in today story as we're following for you. Mark Javez, one of the two doctors charged in connection with the death of Matthew Perry, has agreed to plead guilty to one count of conspiracy to distribute ketamine. That is just in from the La County DA's office. He is scheduled to be arraigned this afternoon. A judge at that hearing is expected to schedule a future date for him to enter this guilty please. So he's admitting it, that's pretty rare.
Speaker 2: And you saw what happened yesterday with what's his name, Ardam from Dancing with the Stars. I saw that briefly arrested and booked on the mesic violence charge up in the Napat County area.
Speaker 1: I saw that he called nine one one on himself or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but he was the one arrested.
Speaker 1: I don't watch Dancing with the Stars, so I don't have a reference point on who this is. One of the pro dancers, Okay, is he a popular one?
Speaker 2: I think sat watch it every season. But he's well known.
Speaker 1: Okay, a lot of skis right, there's a lot of people last names and with Sky. Yeah, his is not Ski, It's sev Ah seven Ski.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, there is a mega neighborhood Disney themed taking shape in the California Desert Rancho mirage Mickey Mouse making his way to the Coachella Valley.
Speaker 2: Some of the locals don't love it. Well, you know, if they're used to what they say is a quiet, peaceful and friendly area, they don't want the chaos and commotion that comes with building this development.
Speaker 1: The specs offer plenty of Disney flourishes, including an Incredibles themed gathering space a twenty four acre lagoon. There are about nineteen hundred planned homes spread across more than six hundred acres.
Speaker 2: I would love a documentary about the folks who move here. I I'm just curious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am with you. I would watch that show. We've got a lot of adult Disney types around here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just point.
Speaker 1: Listen and I'm not judging, so I know who these people are.
Speaker 2: I think she's moving there. I don't know if she's an hear us she's talking. Yeah, They're want to get devor to see if Amy's moving to this Disney place? Amy King, can you come in here for a second place? Are you moving to this Disney have you?
Speaker 1: Have you heard about this Rancho Mirage Disney neighborhood with Disney flourishes like an incredible would gathering space in a twenty four acre lagoon.
Speaker 2: No, that's not interesting to you.
Speaker 1: You like Disney as an adult, but you would not live in a themed neighborhood neighborhood?
Speaker 2: Why not? Yeah, you can get on the mic.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: It's sort of like why I don't do like al Lannie Oh the cruise.
Speaker 2: Uh, they have like a over in Hawaii.
Speaker 5: They have a resort which is beautiful. And again, yeah, I love Disney. I'm a pass holder, but I like to just go to the park, do my thing and leave. I don't think i'd want to do it twenty four to seven.
Speaker 2: You want in your.
Speaker 1: Life all the time because it doesn't make it a special right exactly.
Speaker 5: It's sort of like gambling in Las Vegas. I don't gamble here in California. I only gamble in Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: It's special.
Speaker 1: I gamble everywhere. You damble right now, i'd make a bet, I'd get some action. You guys wanted to bet a girl. Yeah, I never went with gambling, so you have the wrong person. It's not a slot machine. I pressed a little, but I went either. But yeah, still gamble, Yeah, gamble.
Speaker 2: I work here. So it's going to be beautiful. Yeah, I think it's going to be beautiful.
Speaker 5: But I and a lot of people who are Disney people have a lot of money. Yeah, so I think it's going to be a beautiful neighborhood.
Speaker 1: But Club thirty three folks might move here possibly. Yeah, and he's a Club thirty three person. You know, I've only been with the person who has a membership. I can't afford you club.
Speaker 5: Well, I used to date somebody who was a member, So yeah, I remember that. I've went a lot and it's it's a lovely place. Yeah, yeah, no longer allowed.
Speaker 1: Did you stay in the relationship a longer because of that? Now?
Speaker 2: To skip the line so you can get on the rides, aren't there passes like to skip the line When you're a member of the Club thirty three, they do have special prism. They do have a lot of privileges. Yeah, Amy state longer totally for like two months, but she stayed for six. You know what, I'm done with you ladies. Have a good week Labor Day by yeah, I would. I would love to visit this place once it's complete, just out of curiosity.
Speaker 1: Who else do you want to piss off today? So far as the president of the company, ID.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, not you. I met us together. Okay, I don't work here. I have to keep reminding you all that I just visit. I'm not really an employee anymore. I heard he was amused and he actually wants the sound. Oscar is cutting up the sound for him. Yeah, our boss just texted us. I'm afraid to open it. Wait did I get it? I think we're both on the text Shane.
Speaker 1: Oh, hopefully she didn't hear me talking to the president of the constadio.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm kidding. Okay, just says you two are great together. Okay, thanks Brian for listening. I'm already you know, accidentally, you know, insulted the president of the company. If my key card doesn't work next time, Chris Little he's been coming on a Saturday morning, then we know why. All right, Gary and Channing will continue late, did we actually do the segment we're supposed to do.
Speaker 1: We got three. I think we got the taste of it.
Speaker 2: Disneydney.
Speaker 1: No one's happy, gotcha yea, not even Amy King.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: The Apprentice, a film about Donald Trump as a young man, has found a distributor and will be released before the election.
Speaker 2: So that's something for teacher.
Speaker 1: We will get your entertainment report coming up for the weekend. At twelve twenty. Week one of the college football season in full swing. Four ranked teams got big wins, as they should and their season openers yesterday. Number eleven Missouri took down Murray State fifty one nothing. Number thirteen Utah beat Southern Utah forty nine. Oh Kansas ranked twenty four blew out linden Wood forty eight two three, and then Dion had quite quite an effort from his guys beat North Dakota State thirty one twenty six. I believe on the final play they won that game, and Dion said, I don't use profanity, but I did. Just then Deon Sanders, Oh yeah, the College ID was team. I watched the Netflix documentary special whatever on. They started like Gangbusters and then kind of fizzled out.
Speaker 2: But it still a good story. Yeah, do you think this season will be better? I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I don't watch college football. I only watched the NFL because I only have so much bandwidth. You ever went to a big college.
Speaker 2: I did either. I went to a women's college. There's the football park. But when I was working in Greenville, North Carolina, East Carolina was really big into their football program because there was nothing else in town with the school. Yeah, so I would go for the tailgating purposes. I never really watched the game.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people go to the tailgating at college football and then they don't.
Speaker 2: Go to the game. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we told you about this store story earlier in the week, this couple missing from a nudist resort. Now, we had fun with it because I don't know, it's a newdist resort, and it's fun to think about a bunch of RVs where people get nude and walk around and they have activities, and we kind of got boggled down with that. But this turns out to be a horrific murder story. Apparently, police say they have arrested a man and hold in and are holding him on charges of murder in the depths of this couple that's been missing all week. Well, when it first happened, Gary and I thought that they left for a hike because there's a bunch of hiking trails in the area and maybe got disoriented. I believe the husband had a little dementia situation going on, but they're friends. Right off the bat said that they suspected foul play, and I thought that's odd. Why would they say that. Well, this guy apparently is a neighbor. He's a sixty two year old neighbor there, and today they're going in to search the home. They believe the bodies of these two are in this home now.
Speaker 2: Yesterday authorities used a tactical vehicles sing that the video of that didn't like sink or something in the backyard or something was going on with it. They had a battering ram to break into the house. But that now they say they need to shore up the house before they can safely enter and continue searching for this couple.
Speaker 1: Right, so, there's obviously some issues there. They are bringing in cadaver canines today, so they don't know where the murders occurred or as possible motive for them. I don't know what evidence leads them to believe the bodies are inside the house, but yeah, the home was damaged they said, when that swat team used the battering ram to break into that home. The missing are Dan Minard, seventy eight, and his wife, Stephanie, seventy three. And the guy they've got is a sixty two year old man, Michael Sparks. He was found hiding beneath his home.
Speaker 2: Well there's that.
Speaker 1: Voluntarily came out after a lengthy negotiation.
Speaker 2: What do you think it was? I don't know, but you know, the couple's car when it was found Sunday, had their phones in there, the wife's purse, the dogs missing.
Speaker 1: It's you know, I mean, what would make a guy kill another nude couple. I'm looking at pictures overhead, pictures from this RV park, and it's like it's an RV park, but it's you know, the the permanent RV's like the homes, I don't know what you call them, and they've got kind of some buildings built out from them as well, So it looks like there's quite the searchable area here. But did you see the activities that they have at this place?
Speaker 2: No? Oh, there's a list of what yeh there, what's the name of the nudist camp. It's called Olive Dell Ranch. Pull up the Google were allowed to go, Yes, I've done? Are you kidding? Listening?
Speaker 1: You should see what I Google It says, I'm not the worst defender.
Speaker 2: Well, they only have look like two stars on the Google. Let's see what's happening. They've got a.
Speaker 1: Pool, They've got one hundred acres, they have a clubhouse, a jacuzzi, five miles of hiking trails. I mean, why would you live in a wonderful nude place like this and be driven to murder? You know, people nudists are a peaceful people, are they?
Speaker 2: I don't know any or I do, and I don't know that they're nudists. Well the rates? Have you ever been to a nude beach? Nope, don't want to. I wants to see this.
Speaker 1: I uh went, that's not true. I went, And now we're going to get emails telling us that as well. I went in Greece because it's a thing, and because it's a thing, I thought, you know, I'm going to check it out, and so I went and I tried to engage in the nudiest thing, and I, uh, it's probably.
Speaker 2: Too much information already, and there you have to finish it.
Speaker 1: So I took off the the the top.
Speaker 2: Part pre wait, pre during pre or during husband pre husband. On my honeymoon, this is even better, alright.
Speaker 1: And I lasted for about two and a half seconds because before I was like, this is wildly uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I cannot do this because we're American. Oh, I can't do it. Entries people, you know, they need a little different. When I was in Germany, people like just you know, change on the beach, like no.
Speaker 1: Sure, nobody and nobody looks at you, and you know they're they're doing their own thing and their bits are hanging out and they're just living their life and they're the other thing I couldn't get over when I was there. My uncomfortability number one and number two was the amount of food.
Speaker 2: The nudists eat.
Speaker 1: There's like a there was like a little restaurant there on the beach, and the nudists were going and they're getting food and they're bringing it back and they're balancing you know, euros, is.
Speaker 2: It giro or euro either one under sandwiches on their bell and.
Speaker 1: Their bellies, and I'm just like that. I could not I could not handle.
Speaker 2: They had a big event planned there at the Olive Dell this weekend, but obviously because of current events, it's canceled. Does it say that it says this event has been canceled apologies for the inconvenience. I'm guessing you get that tie to what's happening. They had a karaoke.
Speaker 1: Uh huh set for tonight part at eight pm, a parent show tomorrow and a band a band was supposed to be doing, and then comedy show bingo, more karaoke, more karaoke. You got family Activities day. This was my question, Laila. Is on this website, it calls itself a family Smoothest Reserve. How does that compute? I don't understand thought their children here. I don't look at fits and dangly parts. Well, because if you look at unless, it's yeah, for a fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah. If you look at the rates the membership, it says for a family it's six point fifty for a year for a child is twenty five dollars per child, So this is definitely a family thing. Interesting. I didn't even have a military discount. Well that's nice. They support our troops. Yeah, I don't have any desires.
Speaker 1: I'll be very interested to see what the motive was for what comes out of this double murder too. All right, California is the no fund zone and they are going after some of your favorite snacks.
Speaker 2: There's a new school meal.
Speaker 1: Rule going on in California that could anger some children.
Speaker 2: California cracking down on flaming, flaming, flaming, not flaming, flaming, hot Cheetos and Twinkies. They still make twinkies. Oh yes, that's the thing. Oh yes, they always tay like chemical, processed chemical and the package. To me, I'm not a big hot cheeto person.
Speaker 1: Twinkies last about five hundred years. We'll talk about it when we come back here.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Layla Mohammed in Today. Gary is on VAK. Former President Trump holding a rally this afternoon and Sylvania. He will then head to d C to make an appearance at a National Mom's for Liberty summit.
Speaker 2: That'll be good, that'll be funny. That'll make for some.
Speaker 1: Fodder and then Vice President Kamala Harris, saying she has no regrets defending President Biden's capabilities. In her interview with CNN, she says she did not regret speaking in support of Biden against claims he was not mentally fit to run for a second term. She said that the president has the intelligence, the commitment, and the judgment Americans expect from their commander in chief. And we will give you all the highlights of the big interview. Her first sit down interview with CNN that may aired last night about six pm hour time coming up in swamp watch after Deborah's news at the top of the hour. Also, what was I going to say? Oh, did you hear about the monkeys? No, the marmoset monkeys that call each other by name. Oh, it's pretty cool, right, I never thought about animals naming themselves or each other. It's a little scary, little advance for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we'll talk about that. It's like how the orcs have been organizing and you know, attacking cell boats and flipping them and stuff. I think these animals are, you know, fighting back. Yeah, it's about to go down.
Speaker 1: Did you hear about the lonely horny dolphin in Japan. It's attacked like forty four people.
Speaker 2: What is he doing? Well, he's trying to make the people. Yes, oh, bless us herd. They should get him a companion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he lost his pod is what happened. But apparently dolphins are pretty aggressive when they're trying to mate.
Speaker 2: Oh so he's like taking people down.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, it's not good.
Speaker 2: Scene ar near drowning.
Speaker 1: And then he and then he and then he's biting some of them. He's taking a bite out of some of them. They have to work on fixing that. So I was wondering what would be worse than, you know, a dolphin like rubbing up against you or whatever, or a dolphin taking a chunk out of you. And then Gary said, well, they're pretty aggressive when they're trying to mate, so it's not just rubbing.
Speaker 2: The dolphins bite you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, I's sin where I came down. That's what I came to.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: State lawmakers yesterday voted to prohibit California schools from serving food additives. These are food additives used in flame and hot Cheetos, twinkies, other fluorescent snacks. They say it's necessary to limit intake of dyes that have been linked to worsen behavioral issues in kids who have eighty HD. I had no idea that there was a connection.
Speaker 2: I didn't either. I just knew that, you know, the food's probably bad for us.
Speaker 1: I tried to I heard a tip years ago, and I try to adhere to this, to stay around the perimeter of the grocery store. So it's where the veggies are, is where the fruits are.
Speaker 2: You make your way back to.
Speaker 1: There's the wine, and then there's eggs and the milk and the meats, right, and so that was a that was a tip I learned a long time ago. So I try to do that because you know what, when I eat stuff like flame and Cheetos or Twain, I don't remember the last time at it every but it doesn't make me feel good. Like instantly, I'm like, oh, shouldn't have done that.
Speaker 2: There's a guilt after. And then you flip the package over and you read the sodium intake and you read all the other stuff added sugar. So we're you know, I want to current plan with food, and I'm I'm limiting a lot of things, so I'm paying more attention to the ingredients when I see things like in this bill, when they have things like blue one, blue, two, green three, red, forty yells like all these colors, I'm like, okay, I don't want that in my food preservatives. Things I can't pronounce. I'm like, okay, I can't eat that because I don't know what the heck that is.
Speaker 1: You know, you brought up sodium when my father in law heart surgery and the doctors tell you, okay, nothing more than, you know, two hundred and fifty grams of sodium and whatever it is. And so you start cooking like that, you're mid salt and things like that, and you get a little bit used to it.
Speaker 2: When you then go back to the spaghetti sauce or whatever in the jar, it just tastes like a salt lick. It does.
Speaker 1: And you don't realize you're ingesting that much sodium if you're just eating the prepackaged stuff.
Speaker 2: Hello, we have another visitor. Hi. Mad people love on the shelf.
Speaker 1: See see now you're all nice on the strangers in the hall.
Speaker 2: Earlier, you know, I didn't know the boss at a.
Speaker 1: President and she was like, sir, and I'm on the air.
Speaker 2: That's it's awesome.
Speaker 1: I'm still working, so that means he did not fire me. I'll tell you Steve Gregory's real name in a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do want to know that. Yeah, he texted me.
Speaker 1: Asked what it was, so he was, oh, thank you for listening.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: So, parents are worried about the health effects of these artificial die So if you're a person who likes flaming hot Cheetos, this is not an ad I'm going to say that in advance. I'm not a flaming hot Cheetos person. But some people love takies, which apparently are also Yeah, they're very in right now. So at Trader Joe's they have those rolled corn tortilla chips with the Chilian line. It's like their version of a takie. Oh there, and I can't eat them right now because it's not on the diet plant. Oh they're so cool.
Speaker 1: Go to Trader Joe's because everything is delicious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is in the chip section. Look, there's the bag there. They're takis, but I guess they're probably healthier that delicious. You have to get a bag. Oh, they're so good.
Speaker 1: I just I get into trouble there. I buy things that it's like going to Target for me at Trader Joe's. I don't need all that. Why did I buy all that?
Speaker 2: You want to try some of the new things or things that are trending and then don't make this is always that great, though. I've tried some things that were like trending and popping up in my feet and I'm like it wasn't all right, Like that was the Kim Kimbop thing, the the sushi rolls and the frozen section overrated to me. I them wrong. I was mad that I got three packs and we never ate them. We had a couple and we're like, this is not I rather go just buy fresh sushi.
Speaker 1: It wasn't really excited about. I got some sausages from there recently. It's like cheddar in them. I know you're not doing cheese, but I can't tell that there's cheddar and they're just delicious chicken sausages on the Fearless Flyer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it's called. The Fearless Flower will take you out, which.
Speaker 1: I heard just flew into that that window and then drop, Oh did it die?
Speaker 2: I don't know that door our window? Yeah, he went and then down Bless his heart. Good Lord, I thought he was flying straight into into the valley.
Speaker 1: Was hard to see, all right, coming up? And next, what are we doing? Oh swamp watch JD Vans blaming his staff for that fateful donuts shop trip. It was awful and now he's throwing his staff under the bus. We'll get to that and more coming up next. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show, you can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio AP