Speaker 1: Five o five if they do have k r C the talk station. Happy Friday.
Speaker 2: There we go, kicking a Friday off the right way with the woo hoo and well, a lot uncertainty in the world after those tariffs kicked in. Jeez, Louise, we all know what opinions are like, and the opinions are far and wide. Anyhow, good show lined up. Thank you to Joe Trecker. Executive producer Brian Thomas here wishing everyone a very happy Friday.
Speaker 1: Ipe, you got some good plans for the weekend. I know I do. Cure Starts now.
Speaker 2: I love that organization looking for a cure for pediatric brain cancer but also a home run care for all cancers. I got a vested interest in that home run cure personally. Well, get my CT scan next week, so keep on my fingers crossed on that. But you know, come what may, it is what it is. You just live your life and uh just kind of just enjoy it. Why you got it right? Anyhow, Tech Friday with Dave Hatter always enjoy that The Orwell Report again award winning it is the segment I have every Friday with Dave Hatter from Interest It and thank God for interest. I t for sponsoring this segment because the information that he provides is so valuable, including today a million third party Android devices have a secret back door for scammers, great chat GPT can create fake receipts. And finally the third third segment with him fake file converters apparently are filled with malware. Okay, I don't think I use a file converter, Joe. Do you know what a file converter is? And do you use one? You use one all the time? All right, Well, let's hope yours isn't on the list. Speaking of the Care Starts Now. Keith Deestrich who is behind the Cure Starts Now. He and his wonderful wife Brooke, lost their daughter to pediatric brain cancer so many years ago and decided they weren't going to let that depress them and leave them in a bad state the rest of our lives. No, they turned that into something really special. The Cure Starts Now, and it's gone global too. It's an amazing organization raising millions of dollars for cancer research and encouraging physicians from around the world to share their data in an effort to get that home run cure. They've got a bourbon raffle, and let me tell you, if you like bourbon, you need to get invested and get a raffle ticket for this bourbon raffle, because even if you don't like bourbon, you can convert the win into massive profit. I know Pappy van Winkle is every type of Pappy van Winkle is one of or is included in the auction, and apparently those things can fetch thousands of dollars on the open market. Personally, I wouldn't spend that much money in bottle of bourbon, but there are people out there that will, so you might be able to turn that to a healthy profit for yourself, so you can afford to buy avocados, which is on the shortlist of things that are going to go up almost immediately as a consequence of the tariffs.
Speaker 1: I'll get to the rest of the list here.
Speaker 3: In a moment.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Keith joins the program at seven oh five. Oh look the bike Graandma Swimmy's going to be on the program seven thirty. He's got a Lincoln Dinner speech Claremont County GP tonight. I am actually going to be attending the Warren County Lincoln Reagan dinner next week where we'll be hearing from the bake Graandma Swimmy. So looking forward to talking with him about the dinner. Also of the state issues going on, including why are the Cleveland Browns looking as though they're going to get six hundred million dollars in assistance from state taxpayers? Hamilton County not getting a dime?
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 2: Also some rumblings about Katie Blackburn, vice president for the Cincinnte Bengals. We could, I guess, go wherever we wanted after the year if we don't pick the option up, meaning the option to extend the lease agreement. There's five two year extensions and we're fast approaching the deadline for them to elect an extension or pack their bags and leave.
Speaker 1: Is that a possibility? Would you care?
Speaker 2: It'd be a weird thing not having the Cincinnati Bengals as part of Cincinnati. But I am absolutely against taxpayer dollars funding massive stadiums that are hardly ever used, with the exception of the handful of football games that are played in them. But we can talk about that a little bit later too. You can feel free to call talk about that right now if you won five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty, five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three pound five fifty on at and t pund so, state issues, education, stadium funding, all on the plate with the vake Grama swimming again at six point thirty. Fast forward to eight oh five. Congressman David Taylor in studio. We'll talk tariff, We'll talk Doad, We'll talk what his plans are in Congress, we'll talk about budgeting. We'll talk about Trump tax cuts. I see the center Republicans are voting to advance the tax cut plan, the Trump tax cut plan. They voted fifty two to forty eight to move forward with the framework to address the proposals for tax cuts. Question, will there be any cuts in spending? Word word word word word. We need to be cutting spending. We need to be cutting spending. And then when they get right down to it, they never do, which really just frankly, the five o'clock hour, I can say this confidently and proudly pisses me off. We've been let down by our elected officials for so long. We've dug ourselves in such a massive hole. I don't know that we can ever crawl out from under it. It's a sad reality and I hate to bring up sad realities on a Friday. We'll see if David Taylor has anything to say about that. Eighth five, follow by mayor old candidate Corey Bowman. We've got an early voting event that's taken place. Believe it's Tuesday, Price sal Chilly. Anyway, Corey returns at eight thirty. He's been on quite a few times over the last month or so. There's your lineup for the morning again. You feel free to call fe you can get a chance to listen.
Speaker 1: Yesterday.
Speaker 2: Got an interesting book and fun and maybe a way of transforming your life. Julio Vincent Gambooda his book, Please unsubscribe. Thanks, How to take back our time, attention and Purpose in a relentless world. And I see Joe edited the title of the book because it contains the word BS spelled at length.
Speaker 1: You can't put that up.
Speaker 2: And Fish Friday, it is Fish Friday Friday. So just posted the list as he does every week. Thank you, Joe Strekker for that little public service. Rand Paul was on the program yesterday, and yes we did talk about tariff with Brandon. He had an interesting take on it on the heels of Ken Blackwell's comments on tariffs, and a special edition of The Big Picture with Jack Atherton and his take on tariffs. It was only yesterday we learned that the rest of the world has been tariffing the hell out of the United States goods for such a long time. And I understand the economic realities and the legendary Thomas Soul not having a whole lot of positive things to say about the taxes or the tariffs, and even reminding the world about the Smoot Hawley Tariff Act, which was the Hoover administration effort to sort of boost America's economy, and it was an epic failure, so parallels to be drawn with that. But question, I don't know, Not being the historian that folks like Thomas Soul and others more learned than I am, I don't know what the world's respective tariffs were on the United States. Back when the Smooth Holly Tarriffact went in, we started tariffing other people's imported goods with the hope that we would maintain our economy and bolster our economy, which is the theoretical reality behind what Trump's trying to do. But did the rest of the world have massive tariffs on US goods that were imported into their countries like we currently have, like China's sixty five percent tarify on US goods. I don't know that that existed back then. So again, smarter people than me may know that. We'll find out anyway, in terms of things you might seem to meet an impact on. I saw this New York Post article and thought, well, a lot of this makes sense. And they interviewed various economists. With the tariff's going into effect, it's going to take a while for some of them to actually have an impact on the cost of what we buy. Now everything's going to have it's going to be impactful. Meanwhile, the press is on for countries to negotiate moving away from these tariffs, and a lot of countries have held their hand ups saying, you know, we want to work with the administration to get rid of these so we don't penalize our own respective citizens. Fine, I hope that happens, and that's what Trump wants. Others are claiming they're going to do retaliatory tariffs, which will just make the situation work, So we'll have to see and wait for time and keep your popcorn out to find out how these things are negotiated. If they are, but you've got ten percent across the board. Tariffs begin tomorrow. Reciprocal tariffs go into effect next Wednesday. One guy interviewed by The New York Post, doctor Sung Wong Song, described as a distinguished economist and academic at the Loyal Marymount University in Los Angeles, one of many economists out in the world with an opinion like we all have pointed out, and I think this is logical grossery items that are imported apparently are going to be more expensive in the short term. He points out a logical thing. We import eighty percent of avocados that we consume here in the United States, and those are perishable items, so they will be more expensive immediately.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: You can't stockpile a warehouse full of avocados. They don't last very long. Other staple items that we don't produce domestically coffee, tea, and bananas. Paul that if you're listening, run out to Costco and we need to load up on some more coffee. I guess might be a good idea. We stockpile coffee at the Thomas Household. I just I've been waiting for it to go for a long time because coffee is apparently was slated to go up because of some climate growing issues where the most of the beans are produced. Anyway, haven't noticed it yet, but that might be something you want to think about. The twenty five percent tarify on imported vehicles, that one will take a few weeks or months on form made cars we passed along, according to this economist, doctor Song Wong Song. So he said, because there's a lot of inventory out there sitting around, you know, they're not going to immediately jack up the prices. At least we can hope that washers and dryers made like Korean conglomerates Samsung and LG also not. They've fall into sort of this intermediate. There's immediate intermediate, and then there's a longer term bucket. So that'll be more intermediate because again there's a stockpile of those various items. So if you need a washer or dryer, you might want to go ahead and take the plunge on that one before the prices go up. But remember, I mean, if we end up negotiating an agreement with a congreeent with Korea and we get rid of the tariffs that have been just imposed on Korea, then they won't go up in price.
Speaker 1: Put it out.
Speaker 2: They have inventory, so as the result, prices don't have to go up right away. You may not get some of the discounts that you normally would like, for example a car dealership, so that might be in an immediate reaction. Moving over to executive vice president of Enterprise Division Overhaul, a company that specializes in supply chain visibility and risk management, David Warwick. For his opinion, he said, for industries like automotive, electronics, pharmaceuticals, where global component sourcing is deeply embedded, this will be felt almost immediately, So different man, different opinions. Pharmaceutical part is really troubling to me because again China manufactures all these pharmaceuticals, or at least the component prices and are parts. So that's going to be a real problem unless you take John Rohlman's advice and get your pharmaceutical products from Canada, although with a terriffs on Canada, I don't know how that's going to work. This is complicated. Ray Monarch, another guy assistant professor of economics, at Syracuse University said products whose import is closer to the final consumer clothing, apparel, furniture, toys, and shoes can be expected to see higher prices fairly quickly, like in the next month or two.
Speaker 3: Said.
Speaker 2: The more complicated the product is, the longer it is going to take for the East price increases to show up. Housing materials lumber, steel, and aluminum tariffs in place could take up to six months of those price sits to show up, according to again Ryan Marnick, the supply chain guy. Back to doctor Son, he said he expects capital goods like earth moving equipment, heavy machinery that will be the third bucket that will not increase for at least a year, saying those items are in stock, and I don't think their prices will be affected right away. Notice the qualifications in all of this. Don't think may might perhaps who knows so, And all of it is contingent upon whether they stay in place or are immediately negotiated away, or maybe Trump sees the economic disaster that might be brought about or might not and pulls the plug on the concept that's certainly a possibility. Is well, and then you have litigation as well, someone's already filed litigation. A conservative legal advocacy group has final lawsuit against the Trump administration yet right away yesterday over the tariffs on China. So there's also litigation. He says, they're argument he doesn't have the authority to even do this. International Emergency Economic Powers Act in nineteen seventy seven is the assertion under which some of these terrafts were filed. And this group says, sorry, you can't do that, so it may get resolved in the courts. Meanwhile, don't panic. I know the market went down yesterday, Just don't look at you. Four to one k A market went down back in twenty twenty worse than it went down yesterday, and we bounced back from that one. Keep your fingers crossed five eighteen fifty five KRC detalk station, Feel free to call.
Speaker 1: I'll be back in a moment, fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Did you know even the smallest increasing five twenty two on a Friday, and a happy one to us A little subtle soft music indeed, as opposed from Yahoo Sports about Vice president Bengals Vice president Katie Blackburn talking about, well we could I guess go over we wanted after this year, and that's the statement that people who are clinging to and pointing out and not a lot of positive reaction to that one. Gez getting an earful and social media for that. Oh yeah, after all the loyalty in all the years, this is the kind of thing you'd say, there is no loyalty, it's all about making money. Well, that's actually a bottom line point. It's true other teams have left and gone to different places.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And they did pull the statement out slightly out of context. There's been some wide you know, reporting on it. Scott Warpman from the Inquiry reporting on it. We got Taylor wheel Well wheat are over at CBO putting it in some context, and it is just it is a factual statement. But she did express preference for staying here. She made a point that she they like being in it. We love where we are is actually the quote. I'm a big proponent of being downtown. I think it's a great thing for the city. I think that the location of the stadium right now is good. And I saw some comments about other areas where the city where the stadium might go, like suburban locations, and I'm think, are you going to seriously talk about building another stadium. I know the Cleveland Browns have their aspirations on a two point four billion dollars stadium complex. And I just say that out loud and like, are you kidding me? Two thousand, four hundred million dollars? You know, is that trip really necessary? Put it in context of the football game. You can have an open field with bleachers like the old days at high school before high schools became these grand palatial estates and reminiscent of of college campuses, and you could still play a damn football game. You could have cameras all around and we could all watch it and see it.
Speaker 1: I just don't get the the the epic expense of this.
Speaker 2: I know, bred and circuses like the Roman Empire and that one fell too. Parenthetically. Yeah, just saying it out loud. Local stories coming up next to prefer hearing from you. If you want to call in, feel free. I will be back after these brief words.
Speaker 1: Sean Hannity, any young.
Speaker 2: Person Jane nine, first four ks showers all day to day. Rounds of showers will continue heavy a tons sixty four for the high down to fifty nine every night, with more showers and thunderstorms possible rain likely tomorrow with heavy rain expected at high seventy overnight go forty five with continuing showers and a few storms. Possible showers end are today on Sunday. Yay Love Watch stops in the morning. Fifty two to the high end has fifty three degrees right now. Fifty five krosine the talk station five twenty eight and fifty five krsee the talk station good Tryheart Media, but five krsee dot comedy checking out of the podcast and good conversation yesterday. And really enjoyed those as I always do love when guests come on the thirty five Cars morning show, so I always enjoy talking to YouTube. Feel free to call otherwise kind of in the local stores here, but your iHeart mediapp light to stream the audio wherever it happened to be very convenient apt to use.
Speaker 1: I have to say, let us see.
Speaker 2: Suspect accused of pulling a gun out prompting law enforcement to shoot has been identified. Fox nineteen Jennifer Edward, thank you for reporting Kelsey hild Out, thirty four blue ash person who died on I two seventy five a corning to the Claremont County Corner's Office. Shooting shut down the south found lanes the interstate for hours overnight. Happened when state troopers tried to stop a wrong way vehicle on southbound I two seventy five year Ohio thirty two in Claremont County, but quarter after eleven in the evening Tuesday, at corner of the House State Highway Patrol Quarter to OSHP, a trooper quote intentionally collided his cruiser with the suspects vehicle, bringing it to a stop against the concrete medium barrier. One witness there, John Larry, interviewed, said he was not cooperating. We started to pull off and pull away because the cop pulled off to let the guy get off a little bit, and the guy was about to try and run them over, so we took off and then we hear gunshots. Highway Patrol said the driver of the car displayed a gun and that's when a shooting occurred. They confirmed it was a trooper involved shooting in Union Township. OSP spokesperson clarified quote, I can confirm this is a multi agency officer involved, including a trooper shooting. No danger to the community. However, the public has asked to avoid the area that was at the time. Of course, thankfully no law enforcement officers were heard. OSHP and a Union Township police were on the scene for hours investigating before the highway reopened at six point thirty in the morning. Shortly after ANAM, spokesman for the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation confirmed if HP asked them to investigate a second fatal officer involved shooting on or along a highway in Greater Cincinnati the last two weeks. Lachland police officers shot and killed Samuel Mummy ROARTI close Enough, forty eight years old, from Woodlawn along northbound I seventy five and E the Dale on March nineteenth. That incident remains under investigation by the BCI. What is with people? Yeah, you almost want to conclude that that's like suicide by cop. You know what's going to happen up to you? Who would not understand that if you brandish a firearm and aimed at a police officer, you're going to get shot. It's the logical conclusion.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: University of Cincinnati said some f one student visas have been revoked by the Department of Homeland Security ANNOUNCE when it came yesterday as a memo to students and faculty from university President Neville Pinto. Accord to the memo, we have learned that the Department of Homeland Security has revoked the F one visas of a small number of international students here at UC. Apparently the move comes as immigration officials have revoked the visas of students across the nation in the trumpetministration's immigration crackdown. University said that it has not been contacted directly by Department of Homeland Security about the revocations, nor have they been given any reason or instruction, so that we've all learned, I think, in all this in addition to Doge pointing out the massive quote, well, it's actually the depart of the Trump administration leading us to all realize literally billions and billions of dollars flow out to these universities, and they're all upset because you know, now Donald Trump and the administration is saying, listen, if you don't get rid of diversity, equity and inclusion policies racist, then you're not going to get the funding. And of course researchers are like screaming and pulling their hair out. But you know, different administrations attach different different obligations when it comes to the receipt of federal money. This has been going on forever and I rally against it all the time. Money goes to DC out of your pocket, it comes back with all kinds of strings attached. That's why we have a twenty one year old aged a drinking age here in Ohio. FED said, listen, if you don't change a drinking age at twenty one, you're not going to get federal highway dollars. Love it, hate it. That's the reality. I mean, I just wonder what strings are attached to the federal money. Oh, probably you must initiate DEI programs at your university if you're going to be accepting federal funds, And so they did. That would universities have gone through the time, effort and expenditure of hiring a much of faculty and creating DEI programs that the federal gun didn't require it? Probably not. I'm sure they have better things to do with the money that flows into them. But look, different times, different administration, different strings attached. Sorry boo, who sucks to be You don't take the federal dollars if you don't want to do it.
Speaker 4: Mah.
Speaker 2: Local families suing the Kenton, Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services, alleging that a social worker made up that they had been abusing children. Parents say the accused lies kept their sons away from their home for more than two months. Danielle nova Growski and her husband Scott, along with their attorneys, recently filed a twenty two page lawsuit against the Cabinet for Health and Family Services, alleging intentional infliction and negligent infliction of emotional distress, abuse of the process, and several other crimes. Courted Novarrogrosky, her family's nightmare started with a bruise on her son's ears. She didn't know it at the time, but the lawsuit claims it was from her boys wrestling each other and she didn't know what it was from. She messaged one of her son's teachers because both boys said he was being bullied. She had no idea family life was about to change, said, I didn't hear back. I got a phone call from the investigator two days later saying that she's investigating child abuse. Novagrosky, speaking with Fox Nineteens, told Fox that she asked if they had the right person. I'm like child abuse. There's no way. I felt like my whole soul left my body when she said that parents were forced to give their two sons the Scott's sister that night. Court of lawsuit, the boy told the teacher who reported the bruise to the cabinet, that he got the injury during a fight with his brother, which was different than what the boys originally told mom. Lawsuit claimed chfs and investigator falsely told Danieller boys said she was abusing. Then the boys also interviewed by the Children's Advocacy Center, and the investigator watched the interview. She told the judge in the video that the boys said that we punched them. Court of the Attorneys. That video was not shown in court when the investigator allegedly said that. Lawsuit also claimed she admitted to the supervisor that there was no disclosure of abuse. A couple of weeks later, Danielle and Scott finally got their children back after ten weeks of supervised visits. Uh nov Groski said the boys have developed some behavioral issues from being separated, but the family's happy to have everybody's back together. Fox nineteen reached out to Kentucky Ken that Health and Family Services for comment and to ask if the social worker and the supervisor still worked there. Executive director emailed back and said Team Kentucky is dedicated to the safety and well being of our children. Since this is pending litigation, we cannot provide a comment at this time, of course, after having consulted with the legal t apartment five thirty six right now, if you five k cdtalk station al, I'll be happy to take your call. Got to take a break here. First mentioned a great product series. It's Odor Exit products. If there's about four of them, you find the one you need to get rid of the odors that are in your world that you want to get rid of smoke, mold, mildew, pet odors, human oders, whatever the odor happens to be get rid of the odor in that uh maybe previously owned car you just bought. I always think of that Seinfeld episode. If they only had Odor Exit, it could have gotten rid of it. And they're guaranteed to get rid of the odors one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee from Odor Exit. If it doesn't work when used as directed, you get your money back. Buy it online directly from the website or buy it locally.
Speaker 1: It's easy to do.
Speaker 2: Just go to odor exit dot com O d O, R XIT no eodor exit dot com and use the search in and find out where it's sold locally, or buy it right there. They'll ship it to your home very quickly. Odor exit dot Com. A lot of rain showers continue today. Have you rain of times sixty four for the high or rain and thunderstorms over nine fifty nine. Tomorrow's high as seventy with rain likely and heavy rain secord of nink more showers, few storms forty five showers end. Finally, on Sunday, Bloodwatch ends in the morning. It'll be a high of fifty two fifty three. Right now, time for first traffic.
Speaker 5: From the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 6: Don't let injury slow you down, but you see health orthopedic sands sports medicine experts can.
Speaker 5: Help keep you moving.
Speaker 6: Schedule a same day appointment and you see how dot com have an accident southbound seventy five at Shepherd. They were able to turn things around and get rolling again. Now wreck northbound seventy five. It's near as Charles and they're over on the right hand side. What roads to deal with this morning? Gonna be that way all day long. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC, the talk.
Speaker 1: Station, can you play John the Fisherman?
Speaker 2: Of course we will. It's five forty one on a Friday. It always happened.
Speaker 1: It's Joe Stracker's e Jecker Brussoni Show. He's a Finess fan and it's tradition.
Speaker 2: Five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight two three fouk Field free to call, Al hold on.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 2: Now we can proceed, Al, thanks for holding over the break there. Welcome to the morning, showing a happy Friday to you.
Speaker 7: Good morning again, pardon me, Brian, good morning again. After hearing the reports of the Bengals possibly threatening to leave Cincinnati, I think I've come up with a pretty good solution that would help not only the Brown family, but the Cleveland Browns and the whole state of Ohio. If we were to get the Brown family to move the Bengals to Cleveland to become the Cleveland Browns too, the new stadium would be used twice as much, reducing the overall cost per game. Plus, the Bengals fans would have the opportunity to just I have up I seventy one to see the team play.
Speaker 2: It would be interesting to see if there are Bengals fans left if the Brown family decided they were going to pull the plug on the Sins in the greater Cincinnati area, that will be interesting to note. Yeah, it'd be funny though, I.
Speaker 3: Guess once it would be a circle of life thing. The Brown Yeah, Brown family.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that's that's how the Bengals got started, because they say Paul Brown in the back or something like that. Interesting thought out, you know. I guess at this juncture or anybody, all options appear to be on the table. So I think the Brown family is also accused of the hemilin Kindy commissions a slow walking the process, although it's widely reported the commissioner and say, no, we're not, No, we're not. We're trying to do everything we can't to get this thing sewed up. Anyhow, Popcorn remains out. Bobby, Welcome to the program. Happy Friday, Happy Friday, my brother.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about the Terriffs for a minute, because the Browns they've already been behind door negotiations about going to London anyway, but nobody wants to talk about that.
Speaker 1: So what's on your mind, then.
Speaker 4: Okay, on the teriff issues, it's a lot deeper than tariffs. Our country is not prepared for harm conflict. We don't even make nuts in bolts or screws in this country. And if we ever won in the national emergency or went into a war number one, we don't have any way to support ourselves.
Speaker 1: Think about it.
Speaker 2: That is a sobering reality. I mean the pharmaceutical issue alone. When COVID hit, we all realized that China was making all the pharmaceuticals, including the pharmaceuticals that are men and women in uniform would need. So yeah, it's a real serious problem, Bobby. No one can deny it. And maybe that's what's going on. We heard we're reshuffling the deck here in the hopes that maybe we'll bring manufacturing back. I don't know, maybe the global economic collapse. I can't read the future. Economists from all sides of the Ledger all commenting on it, and everyone's got a different opinion on what's going to happen in this mess.
Speaker 4: And a five to ten year window we have to be able to bring manufacturing back to this country to support this country well, because you know you can't do it the Democrats would never go to war, They'll never fight to this country.
Speaker 2: No, they don't want to have this country anymore. Widely concluded that, and Ken Blackwell pointed that out the other day on the program. And that's what they're gunning for. Global one, global world order. Not sure where it's going to be located, but that seems to be the overall goal. And looking they'll get that way through economic collapse here because the FII currency will become valueless. Appreciate it, Bobby, thanks for giving us all this positive outlook on this Friday. Anyway, we'll get to the stack of stupid next. I got naked people. Of course it's Friday, and naked people at airport's becoming more and more common. Chimneycare, Fireplace and Stove is the place to call to have your exterior inspect have your chimney inspected. Whether you have a gas or a wood burner, they'll do a free exterior evaluation, protect your chimney from water damage. Book the appointment and while they are if you have a woodburner, the spring special is still on woodburning sweeping evaluation, video camera inspection, a full sweep and the exterior inspection as well just one sixty nine ninety nine plus tax excellent savings and the experts of Chimneycare fireplaces though, really do know what they're doing, been around since nineteen eighty eight eight plus with a better business rerailer.
Speaker 1: They'll take great care of you. I assure you of that.
Speaker 2: Make an apployment online and learn more about the showroom, of what they sell and the services they offer. Chimneycare code dot com. The number five one three two four eight ninety six hundred. That's two four eight ninety six hundred.
Speaker 8: This is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: By forty nine. It's about caresee talk station. Naked people at airports.
Speaker 2: Topless female passenger in white clad only in white underpants Fort Lauddera airport described as prancing around Gate twelve. She removed her clothing, she kept on no idea kept on her black shoes and her white underpants, Apparently in an argument with a male travel companion who was trying to give her back her outfoot police officer gave her back her top and she put it on. The article points out this isn't that unusual. Naked guy walked into a TSA checkpoint in Detroit at one point managed to get screened. Apparently getting naked at a TSA is not protected by the First Amendment, calling it the Undisputed Winter. A woman in Florida where a nearly she was nearly naked, stormed a TSA checkpoint and got tased in the buttocks, reminding us of a prior story about a woman who stripp naked in American Airlines check in in Jamaica. The US overbook flight to Jamaica. Man walked around an airport naked for an hour in protest. And we go back to the woman naked in Atlanta airport, stopping the po photos last fall. Naked man found strolling past the TGI Fridays at the Dallas Fort Worth Airport. Jay Ratliffe never brings this kind of stuff up, Joe, I wonder why that is. Oh, and we're not done yet. Moving over to let us see here. Houston passenger on a flight to Phoenix facing an unexpected to lay when a woman on the plane strip completely naked.
Speaker 1: Hmmm.
Speaker 2: Video taking about one of the passengers shows the incident unfold. Southwest flight from Houston to Phoenix. Two passengers who live in Phoenix on the plane when the incident happened. Speaking with local news that the was just taxing down the runway when the woman, wile fully clothed, walked to the front of the plane started yelling. I do remember her saying that she wanted to get off the flight, one passenger noted. Same passenger said the woman yelled that she was bipolar and began hitting parts of the plane. Plane continued to move and that's when video shows a woman starting to undress. Shows are walking up and down the aisle in front of all the passengers, including several children, what described as shocking by one person interviewed. People on the flight so they try to remain calm and not pay attention to what was happening. At one point during the incident, one passenger said, the naked woman went after a flight attendant. Aircraft returned to the gate, doors open. Another airline worker boarded the plane, covered the woman up of the blanket, and then it shows the woman running out the door. One passenger said, the lady ran out of the airplane. Who knows where she went. Houston Police Apartment said the woman was detained and taken to a hospital for a medical evaluation. She's not facing any charges, at least at the time. Yes, Indeed, more naked people in the stack are stupid. Uh provo utah, this one's hilarious naked a phrasing from Joe On this one. A man who was arrested after allegedly entering a Provo restaurant while naked, flexed his muscles aggressively. That's inclosing and reportedly, here we go, John, keep your finger on the button. Reportedly wielded a gun phrasing. Twenty four year old Ralph Laurence arrested on two council lutiness involving a child, both class A misdemeanors one kind of lutinist, Class bean misdemeanor, one kind of disorderly conduct. According to the complaint. The complaint report the mail was flexing muscles aggressively and following people. Another complainant reported that the mail had a gun. How hard is it. Officials discovered more than a dozen witnesses of the suspects of Ludinus, both and in the restaurant and in a nearby park. Lauren was the witness undressing in the park by a father and his two children. Laurent located in the middle of s State Street, South Say Street, while still completely naked when he was taken into custody and put in a patrol car. A one complaint reporter that Lauren did have a gun. He was not initially arrested on a firearms related charges, booked into the jail on the aforementioned charges. No further information is currently available. New York man arrested for allegedly illegally performing plastic surgery procedures, leaving one client brain dead, according to the New York Police Department. Felipe Hoyos Farronda, thirty eight, arrested on Friday, March twenty eighth after medics responded to a call from his home in Queen's charged with assault, second agree and unauthorized practice of a profession meaning guest medicine. He called EMS and then fled the scene. Upon ems's arrival, Fire Department New York medics found thirty one year old woman in cardiac arress allegedly administered light a cane injections, which are commonly used as a local anesthetic specific areas Accardiing to the Mayo Clinic, first responders discovered Hoyos Farunda's makeshift doctor's office, in his home. Then first responders requested the police respond to the scene. Hoyos Farronda's landlord provided detectives with the information and a picture of the guy. City's licensed plate reader system received a notification on his vehicle.
Speaker 1: Hmmm.
Speaker 2: He was arrested by poort authority police. I guess on his way to JFK International Airport. When he was inside the airport, he actually had gone through security, reportedly told authoritiers he was authorities. He was a licensed to doctor in Colombia. Now you know he wasn't naked, Joe, you'd expect him to have been naked right going through TSA checkpoints. Apparently it happens all the time these days. Woman was taking him out. Snai Queen's believed to have suffered from light a cane toxicity. Kurzman accesses the amount of the anesthetic and of the bloodstream and can cause dizziness, agitation, cardiovascular or respiratory failure. Woman has no brain activity, was innovated at the hospital, not expected to survive. Hoyos Faranda's home now under a partial vacate order. He pleaded not guilty order to be held without bailed. During his arraignment, in Queen's Criminal Court. How many times we learned the lesson, do not have surgical procedures or cosmetic procedures at a motel six, in someone's home, any place that's not a doctor's office in the traditional sense.
Speaker 1: Ye also might want to check and make sure that license is valid.
Speaker 2: Five fifty six fifty five krs DE talk station play to talk about coming up. I'd love hearing from you. If you want to call in, feel free to do so. We got Tech Friday with Dave Hatter coming up at six thirty. I'll be right back after the top of the hour, news.
Speaker 1: Covering Trump's first one hundred days, every day, every day, Promises made, promises kept. Fifty five KRC the talk station when you're Sump Pump coming up on six or six of the five krc DE talk station. Very happened Friday?
Speaker 9: To you?
Speaker 2: Brian Thomas right here inviting everyone to feel free to call in. Five hundred seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones coming up bottom of the hour Tech Friday with Dave Hatter. Android devices have a secret back door for scammers. Great Chat, EPT and can create fake receipts and fake file converters filled with malware. We'll learn about all that with Dave beginning at six three. Already fast forward one hour Keith Destritch when the care starts now with a bourbon raffle, and just really quickly point out, because we'll get the details from Keith, the Van Winkle Reserve collection. It's one raffle ticket. And if you are the lucky winner, you're gonna have a lot of money's worth of bourbon. You get the Family Reserve twenty three year, twenty year, fifteen year Reserve RI thirteen year, and the Winkle Special Reserve twelve year lot B and finally the Winkle Family Reserve tenure. All those bottles one raffle ticket. And as I pointed out, some of these are worth thousands of dollars. That first one, the twenty three reserve, it's worth approximately six thousand dollars on the open market. I don't know you got enough money to spend six thousand dollars on a single seven hundred fifty milli milli later bottle of bourbon. Good for you, congratulations on winning Life's lottery, or you know, working yourself in a position where you can spend that kind of money. Otherwise you spend a little bit of money on the raffle ticket, you win that, and you're not a bourbon drinker. Are inclined to open six thousand dollars bottle? Sell it to someone who's got that kind of money, honey, the vic Ramaswam he joins a program at seven thirty. There is a Lincoln Day at dinner at Claremont kind of gop tonight, and I will be at the winning one in Warren County next week, the Lincoln Reagan Dinner where he of course will be speaking at that as well. Looking forward to that, looking forward to having on the program. At seven thirty. We'll talk about state issues, education and stadium funding, which is a big topic of online chatterday. Given Katie Blackburn's comments about well, we'll go over we want this year if we don't, if we don't pick the option up, that's one point among many she made. Not interested in doing that, but she did say basically, you know we can leave, you know, screw you guys, We're going to pull out, pull the plug on the team. Here taken out of context, given everything else she said and her preferences, which is to work out a deal. Also accused Hamilton Kenny commissioners of slow walking in and they were quick to come back and speak with local news and say no, we're not. We're working as hard as we can to get it done. So posturing a lot of it going on. I just the whole idea though, that they would pull the plug or even out loud say something like that. You know the world's going to gravitate toward a comment like that. And you know, there's been so much fan loyalty over all the years years where we've played terrible football. People get all their year and come back next year and hope for the best and pray for the best. You know, fan loyalty runs deep, and you think ownership loyalty to those fans would run deep anyway. But then there's money. Congressman David Taylor, he'll be in studio, he'll talk tariffs and doge and what his plans are in Congress. Looking forward to that at eight oh five, and then Corey Bowman Meyrill candidate returns at a thirty I think on the phone early voting event he's got he wants to letverybody know about that meantime, before we get another issues or articles and topics, let's go to the phone and see what Steve's got. Steve, thanks for calling this morning. Happy Friday.
Speaker 10: Yes, Sarah, I'm always scared to call you on Friday because you hate the weekend. I mean, you like to wake up early, so but I'll take a chance anyway. I'm going to push you back toward the staff of stupid here in a minute. But you mentioned the football stadium. I'm you know, I'm about to turn sixty three. I'm one of the few guys out there. Or it seems like everybody we encounter is obsessed with sports, and I couldn't care less about sports, And they'll, oh, are you going to do this? I'm like, well, I don't really care, you know, it's like whatever of the basketball that's going on now, Like I don't even care about it, And they're like, are you kidding me? And it's like yeah, I mean what difference?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 10: So if they would leave, I think it would be hilarious. But they won't leave. They'll they'll get a bunch of money thrown at them and everything will be okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hamilton, Ky. Taxpayers will be on the book for it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but you know, the politicians don't care about that. It's whatever. But you know, everybody's virtually everybody is obsessed with sports. And a long time ago I figured out none of this is linear. It's all circular. This stuff now, all the seasons for the different sports and all overlap. Yeah, if it's not, uh, we're gonna win the Super Bowl, then who are we going to draft? And who are we going to sign.
Speaker 7: To a car?
Speaker 11: It's like, what is it?
Speaker 10: How don't affect you in any way? I just don't get it.
Speaker 7: But that's me.
Speaker 10: We're all different.
Speaker 2: I understand your points. I'm somewhere in the middle. I enjoy watching the game, but I invest absolutely zero time whatsoever in statistics, the names, identities of the sports players, what they do on the weekend, who they're dating. All that is a bunch of crap.
Speaker 3: For me.
Speaker 2: I don't care. You know, I'd like to see the Bengals win. You know, it puts us on the map. And yeah, everybody who loves sports then can be happy and has something to talk about and bully for them. There's so much more important stuff going on in the world and always it just it's sort of in some level bothers me that wait a second, you don't even know who your state representative is, and yet you know how many yards any given player ran the last game. It's a question of price priorities. But everybody's entitled to their own choices. I always think of that, you know, I mentioned in the last hour Steve breads and bread and circuses. It's a wonderful distraction from the real things and the terrible crap that's going around in the world. You know, it's more interesting and fun to root for a sports team than to engage in a discussion about like what Bobby brought up. You know, we don't even have the ability to manufacture things here in the country. If we got into a global conflict, we would be basically screwed. So heavy conversation something you really can't do anything about. Well, you can't really do anything about how well your team plays on the field. But a lot less more challenging to deal with conceptually, and a lot more uplifting to watch a game that it is to deal with world events. Let's see what CJ's got this morning. CJ, thanks for calling it a happy Friday to you.
Speaker 12: A happy Friday, to you as well, and having been or being a San Diego native who is transplanted, I have lived through exactly what is going on, and it is the same playbook being a does all the time. They are just literally nothing more than Don Corleone trying to.
Speaker 4: Suck the blood.
Speaker 12: Out of the taxpayers when they are a twenty five billion dollar business.
Speaker 1: They got the money to do this.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 12: The only difference between what is going to happen here in Ohio versus San Diego is after the Browns moved Ohio passed that law, that there is a process they.
Speaker 1: Have to follow and it will get tied.
Speaker 3: Up in the courts.
Speaker 12: The NFL's got all the money in the world, unfortunately to do it. Cincinnati does not. I would say this San Diego wasn't a big enough market for the NFL. Cincinnati probably isn't either. I could see the Bengals in Europe.
Speaker 2: Oh well, you know, and that's becoming a more and more widely discussed proposition because you know that NFL is really doing everything it can to extend the popularity of the game sis and in Canada and everyplace else. China. I mean, look at the NBA did in China. Man, they spend all kinds of time and effort over in China. Hopefully. I think that they want to expand because why why is that there's one point six billion potential fans there. That is a fat revenue base.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: If you can get just five percent of the Chinese people to glom onto the NBA and start becoming wild, rabid basketball fans, that is a huge pile of cash you can tap into.
Speaker 1: It's all the money.
Speaker 12: And one other quick point about this too, because the NFL is going to come out and say you're going to lose all this money, You're going to lose everything, and it does. But the equivalent of it, according to I believe it is that Columbia study is an NFL team brings to the city the equivalent of about five Fier scores.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 12: They really don't bring a lot of money to an economy because they play fifty seven minutes a year.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I have never believed the arguments that it does bring in amazing amount of revenue. I mean, you got how many fans can fit in the pay Corpse stadium. Most of them are either going to be tailgating it, eating their own supplies from their own grocery stores and drinking cheap beverages relative to the cost of the game. And then, of course, if you go inside the game, you are inside the game. You're not frequenting and going to the local restaurants and the community, which may get a surge in advance of the game or after the game, but it's only a couple of times relatively a year. Anybody hanging out at the bars and restaurants around Great American Ballpark or our pay Corse Stadium when the teams aren't playing there. Does it benefit the community that much? Are the many jobs created because of that? I don't know, but I think most of the economic analyses, when you finally break them down and look at them, is they don't bring an ROI along the lines of what the teams argue they bring. I just kind of wonder out loud, where, well, where would they go? I mean, they do have an option to leave, and I know it's got all kinds of layers and protections and problems, and city has the eyes option, I think, under certain circumstances, to make it off its own offer to buy the team, thus keeping the team in the neighborhood. And you're right we don't have the money, and that would that be an existing infrastructure thing joke. We use the railroad money as part of the railroad money to buy the bagels. If those circumstances presented themselves, I don't know I care on some level, but I profoundly against taxpayer dollars funding privately owned businesses. I mean, at least if you're in green Bay, you have a vested interest in it because you, the citizens of green Bay, own it. Can you imagine green Bay trying to score or land an NFL team given the size of its population, right? I know that would never happen these days if they were looking for one five sixteen. Right now, if you have KCD talk station, emvery federal credit union, I bet you got a credit card. If you got to balance on that credit card, take a look at the interest rate you're paying. You're probably paying a very high interest rates. Now it's a great time to get in touch with every federal credit union. You can transfer that big balance, or that even small balance away from that high interest rate credit card to an emvery federal credit Union card and get zero percent interest for a full seven months and no transfer fee. You don't have an Emory card. Apply for one online, get all the details. Restrictions apply. It's offer for qualified buyers only upon approved credit. The offer can change any time, but you can learn about all the details and score yourself an Emory Federal Credit Union credit card and transfer that balance at EMORYFCU dot org. EMORYFCU dot org. Federally insured by NCUA, NMLS number four zero one zero eight seven Equal Housing Lender fifty five k CAR the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's never been done before.
Speaker 13: iHeartRadio in America's favorite TV show, Wheel of Fortune.
Speaker 2: Come together for six pitch five KRC the talk station. Well, No, I love my Fridays and a happy one to you, David. He does too up there hanging out with Dad over the phones. Go let's see what MISSISSOI James got this morning. James, welcome back to the show. Always good to hear from him.
Speaker 1: And good morning, doctor Bryan.
Speaker 11: Hey to go down memory lane for the Cincinnati Beingers back in two oh five. I actually worked with the medical staff for five years from two o five two ten. And the reason I well, I got invited to work with him because you know, back then, I think a beer was six dollars for one beer, and the chicket is up was up around whatever they was in two o five, and I said, man, you know, said, I don't want to pay that much to go watch the Bengers game and whatnot.
Speaker 3: So I did.
Speaker 11: I took the offer, and I just came up, uh paramedic. I was the on field paramedic with him, and we was the guy with the cock on the side, and they brought out the little the little rolling thing for an ankle or something. And the only time I had to go on the field and mobilize someone and take them off. You remember a linebacker David Pollard out of Georgia, he broke his neck on the bingers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, vaguely right, that's that's the one time.
Speaker 11: That I had to go out and mobilize.
Speaker 3: Him and take him to the hospital.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 3: But I enjoyed the game, you.
Speaker 11: Know, right on the sideline or even stand wherever I was at first aid, you know, for five years now, do you know that probably you heard the price of a beer.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they're as high as like thirteen bucks apiece or something like that. It's outrage right, yeah. And you know what's a cheese cony? A skyline cheese cony. My recollection is it's either five dollars or ninety five cents or six dollars and ninety five cents. I just remember walking by and my mouth literally fell open. I'm like, you have got to be out of your blank in mind. Oh well, and that's the thing. They've got a captive audience. You're not gonna leave the stadium, go down the street to a sandwich job or whatever, get some food that will cost you slightly less, and walk back if you're hungry. You're gonna spend six bucks for a county I guess, I don't know, and twelve dollars for a beer. That's why they have tailgates, James, because everybody goes out there, sits in the parking lot and gets drunk out of their minds and brings their buzz in the stadium with them so they don't have to spend thirteen dollars for a beer. Geez, what a racket. You know, the food service there, it's a monopoly. Anyhow, interesting conversation this morning. Uh well, real quick here we may get some relief. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this because you know me, I do not believe in your exhalation is causing the climate to change. And I do believe that you're entitled to a choice. We live in a free country. You should be able to buy an internal combustion engine if that's what you want. If the demand is out there in the public for them, then manufacturers will make them. If there is no demand for the eternal combustion engine, then manufacturers make E vehicles and you can go ahead and buy one of those. House Republicans yesterday unveiled three Congressional Review Act resolutions that would reverse Biden administration error regulations seeking to ban gasoline vehicles, heavy trucks, and diesel engines over the next day. Confessional Review Act, when it applies, allows lawmakers to review and throw out some federal agency rules before they take effect. Both chambers need to approve the rule changes by a simple majority, So I would like to imagine Republicans could get in line and cause this to be passed and the regulations to be reviewed. So they're seeking a rollback EPA waivers granted to California in December by a month before Biden left, which would dramatically change how cars were sold, emphasizing electric vehicles. There are other states that joined in that insanity. Representative Brett Guthrie pointing out my point the American people should choose what vehicle is right for them, not California Bureaucrats. Committee has been committed to addressing this issue since California first attempted to create a de facto EV mandate energy and commerce. Republicans will continue to fight against far left policies that will harm consumers and will now work to ensure that the Congressional Review Act process finally puts the issue to rest. Now some are arguing that the Congressional Review Act does not apply to these EPA regulations. Again, probably something to end up being hashed out in corpor At least there's a bunch of Republicans up there working to ensure that you have a choice. Going back to the idea that somehow Elon Musk and Republicans are fascists, No, they're the ones fighting to give you choice in the market, not dictate what you're driving. Just one of a thousand different illustrations of the realities of their insanity in calling Republicans fascists and Democrats, well, the Party of Freedom or whatever. Six five If youve five cares of the detalk station tech fied to a Dave had to coming up next. Speaking of the internal combustion engine and electric vehicles. Foreign Exchange they service Teslas, those evil teslas, which are apparently the most awesome ride out there. I don't own one, I've never driven one, but man, I'm telling you, the people that I know that own them absolutely love them. Technological wonders they are. And if you needed service, go up to Foreign Exchange. I recommend the Westchester location where they also service all imported manufactured cars Asian and Europe. They have access to your manufacturers technical information, an CE certified Master technicians and be doing all the work. You'll leave with a smile on your face because they're gonna treat you great and they don't charge as much as the dealer, which is the point of Foreign Exchange existence to satisfy you the customer, make you happy by not charging as much, and trust me, you can save a lot. And guess what, with tariffs kicking in at some point, you know the cost of an already expensive automobile repair is going to go up as well. So choose the place where you're gonna at least save some money. Foreign Exchange Tyler's elected off seventy five East two Streets. Hang it right on Kinglin. You're there at the Westchester location. Find them online at four and X. That's form the letter X dot com. Here's the number five one three, six four four twenty six twenty six. That's six four four twenty six twenty six.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 2: Six thirty on a Friday, it is that time of week. Look forward to this every week. Informative scare the hell out of information from tech Friday's Dave out, brought to you by interest It. Dave and his team will absolutely help you out with all your computer needs and your business. We all know businesses have them. You guys are in as much trouble as anybody else out in this crazy world. He tells us about this every week, So get in touch with interest I T, which the business career says is the best in the business.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, Dave. It's always a pleasure to have you on the program.
Speaker 14: Always my pleasure to be here.
Speaker 2: Brian, Uh good backdoors scammers? What no, it's you say. It's one million third party Android devices. So break this down for my listeners who probably have a lot of Android devices out there.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's it's hard to avoid, Brian, you know, unless you're in a full blown Apple ecosystem system. Rather and most people aren't, you know, whether it's set top boxes or some other sort of Internet of Things device, right, so called smart devices. But you and I talk about all the time and the problems that they bring. A lot of them are running Android. And this isn't necessarily an Android problem per se. It's the fact that there was another interesting story this past week about kind of related with apps that have lots.
Speaker 14: Of software flaws.
Speaker 15: Yeah, but basically, at the end of the day, a backdoor any software is a problem. It's a way for bad guys to potentially compromise that software. And what you're finding is a lot of these third party companies that aren't going through the Google Play Store and getting certified. You know, there is a process, generally not as rigorous as Apple, but there's a process.
Speaker 14: You're finding. A lot of these things are coming from China.
Speaker 15: They have back doors in the built into the software that lets the bad guys do all kinds of terrible things. At best, it might become a command and control bot where they take control of that and then use it to attack websites.
Speaker 14: It could be a crypto minor.
Speaker 15: It could do all kinds of things, including willly nefarious things, not the least of which would be if I can get through the back door into your device, not only can I use it for nefarious purposes to attack other systems and so forth, but I can potentially move laterally from your device to other devices in your network. Let's say the computer that you use for work. That might get me into your work network. So this is a bad thing, and it just shows you that as we add more and more of these Internet of Things devices into our world, if we're not buying them from reasonable, well known vendors, with the vendors who are making software that we can trust, we are basically just creating more and more and more attack holes for the bad guys, not only to attack through us, but to attack us directly. It's I really don't know how to express what a huge problem this is.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 15: One million devices doesn't sound like much when you think about the fact that there are now billions of Internet.
Speaker 14: Of Things devices out there.
Speaker 15: I mean, but the bottom line is, if you're going online and you're especially if you're buying something like a device that claims you can watch streaming channels for free or something. I mean, you're already potentially breaking the law. You can bet the quality of the software and those devices is not going to be very good. You know, if you're buying the cheapest thing you can find online and it comes from the People's Republic of China, you are really setting yourself up for these kind of problems.
Speaker 2: Well, honestly, I guess the point on that is that's the point of the devices even being made in the first place, is to do this type of thing.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Brian, you could argue that in many cases these really are thinly veiled spy where machines the spyware, install them and sign them. You know, they obviously have a purported legitimate purpose. Now, whether it's a legal purpose or not is a different thing, but legitimate to you. But in many cases, yes, these are essentially designed from the get go and sold to you for next to nothing or in many cases some cases given to you free because they want to collect your data, or because they want to be able to exploit these back doors and use them for some kind of nefarious purpose again attack other websites. Crypto minors, addware, clickwear type stuff, or it's just designed to be a hole in your network that they can exploit when.
Speaker 2: They want to, just like your Internet of thing, coffee maker, same thing.
Speaker 14: Yeah, get rid of that stuff. Could it have a backdoor in it?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 15: Will it get software updates that might fix vulnerabilities including back doors?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 14: Three years from nound probably not. Yeah, we really need to rethink this stuff.
Speaker 1: I agree completely. You've convinced me.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know we've talked about it in different in this realm, many different times, in different you know, it's sort of the different ways this kind of a danger can can can present itself to us. But you don't have to convince me. I've been convinced for year's Dave. I don't know a single one of those things, and I'm not going to. I can make my own coffee. Hit the button, it starts, it bruise, It's not have to hooked up anything. Five to six thirty five will continue with Dave and find out next chat GPT can create fake receipts that and the implications behind it.
Speaker 1: More with Dave Hatter.
Speaker 2: After I mentioned my dear friends at bud Herbert Motor has been around more than seventy five years, fifth generation family and an operative business serving Cincinnatians for such a long time. You will be working with a Herbert family member. They're proud of what they sell, which is the finest lawn equipment that is out there. John Deere, you got x Mark, Bower Steel and Honda power equipment, and you can find the entire line online of their website. But Heebertmotors dot Com they'll deliver to you. They repair and service everything that they sell, and unlike the bubble store, they don't sell garbage and they service everything se and they know everything about what they sell. So to make sure you get in the right let's say, lawn tractor or compact utility tractor, whatever you're looking to buy. So get superior customer service, impressive product knowledge and support this wonderful company and they'll treat you great and you won't have to return the crappy lawnmower equipment that you bought at the box store. But Herbert Motors dot Com tell them, Brian said, Hi five one three five four one thirty two ninety one five one three five four one thirty two ninety one.
Speaker 16: Fifty five KRC the talk station. You talk station doing that tech Friday thing. Dave Hatter interest it dot com is where you find Dave and the crew, and uh, I guess it's uh concerns out there for businesses. Chat GPT now making fake receipts.
Speaker 15: Yeah, there's sus an interesting interesting story, both because it shows the rapid advances and the capability of these tools to generate realistically looking images of some sort aka synthetic media aka deep fakes, but also from a fraud perspective to businesses and the creativity of the people using these tools.
Speaker 14: Folks are now and.
Speaker 15: They've demonstrated this all over social media, using chat, GPT and other large language model generative AI tools to create images of what appear to be receipts, whether it's like a gas station receipt or received from a restaurant or whatever. And it's really quite convincing how real these things are. You know, I can tell you, you know, someone who's been in business for a long time. You've got to keep your receipts, turn them in, right, you need them for tax purposes and such, and for a long time, Brian, you know, I'll just take a picture of the receipt with my phone. Now, I know a lot of people will say, oh, come on, Dave, you don't have an app for that. No, I don't use any apps. Just take a picture of the receipt with my phone and then I uploaded into the system. Right, So what they're showing here is now you can create incredibly realistic looking They point out, one person even had the Large Language Model Generative AI tool when it created the receipt make it look crinkled like it had been in your pocket, and even have the appearance of food and beverage stains on it to add.
Speaker 14: To the realism.
Speaker 15: Oh wowright, because I mean, who hasn't spilled coffee or you know, something on a receipt before? So again, to me, it's it's on one hand, very interesting because it shows you how good these tools have gotten and creating images that are extremely realistic and for the for the purposes of fraud, and from a business perspective, you really need to understand that we're we've now entered into the uncanny valley where you just can't believe anything at first take. Just because there is an image of something does not mean it's legitimate. And obviously, as these tools progress Again, people can go out and find these examples of these online. They're very realistic looking. They're only going to get better, So you know these On one hand, these tools bring an enormous amount of power and convenience.
Speaker 14: But on the other hand, if you.
Speaker 15: Are a bad actor, there's all kinds of crazy things you can do, and the idea that someone would generate an extremely realistic looking receipt with this just shows you how the creativity of folks, and especially how bad folks can leverage these things to defraud you.
Speaker 2: Well, in terms of the nefarious purposes to which a fake receipt could be used. I have an item and I'm going to return it to the store. I mean a lot of stories every turn policy, and it needs to be in the original material, in the packing and all of that. So I guess, under what circumstances could this be used to rip off a vendor or a store or something.
Speaker 14: Well, one of the you make a good point.
Speaker 15: I mean, obviously, if you go into your local Walmart or something and you just have a receipt and don't have the goods, they're probably not going to give you any money back, right, Yeah, But you know, would you use this in some sort of confidence scam to fool somebody.
Speaker 14: Into giving you money.
Speaker 15: Maybe could you, on your way out the door of a company you're leaving, fill out fake expense reports and just hope they don't catch you, maybe because you know, obviously at some point if you used a credit card.
Speaker 14: I guess it could be more.
Speaker 15: Interesting if you claim to have paid in cash for something and you turned in a receipt to get a reimbursement versus a credit card, which is going to show up.
Speaker 14: Although you know if you're using your own.
Speaker 15: Personal credit card, you know that's probably the main way I can think of. The fraud offhand would be people submitting fraudulent receipts for expense reimbursements. Okay, but you know that you could do the same thing with an invoice, right, I mean, if I could get access to any one of your invoices, I could copy it with a tool like this and then generate. And we see this all the time, Brian, And that's why account takeover attacks and why your passwords and multi acro authentication.
Speaker 14: Are so important.
Speaker 15: If I can get into a mailbox in your company and I can find anything that would allow me to impersonate some legitimate agent of your company. Again an invoice, for example, I could use a tool like this to create incredibly realistic.
Speaker 14: Invoices at scale.
Speaker 15: Sure, and if I had access to a customer list, send those out.
Speaker 14: You're sending your money now somewhere else.
Speaker 15: That company is going to have a huge problem on their hands when they realize, wait a minute, I didn't get paid because my customer paid someone else the received thing.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Sorry, no, I can see it in working in that respect. But I think most receipts from stores usually have a bar code on them. Just chat GPT create an authentic, workable, usable, scannable bar code for example, Well, it'll it'll.
Speaker 15: Generate something that looks like a barcode when you scan it. Is it going to sync up with something in your system?
Speaker 1: Probably not.
Speaker 14: It's just going to make something that looks realistic.
Speaker 2: But I can see the accounting department at some firm like approving an invoice because it looks legitimate, and they don't realize that those goods or services were never purchased by the other side of the company, right.
Speaker 1: I mean that.
Speaker 15: Yes, And I think the main takeaway in my mind, Brian is a it shows you how good these tools have gotten and what their capabilities are. And b to be aware whether it's a receipt or an invoice or anything else. Just because you see an image of something that looks legit right, looks like it has a bar code on it, looks like it has the appropriate tax and all that stuff does not mean it wasn't created by one of these tools.
Speaker 14: And sadly, as these.
Speaker 15: Tools get better, the bad actors are going to find all kinds of creative ways to defraud people who are not aware.
Speaker 14: This is a.
Speaker 2: Possibility, exactly right. If you build something, somebody will use it for nefarious purposes. You prove that every single week and continuing to prove it. FBI's warnings issuing about fake file converters to push malware. We'll learn about that from Dave coming up next. After I mentioned the power up your Home sale, which is going on right now thanks to Colin Electric letting you know the bad news because last year in the spring, they had new rules and regulations that increased the price or increase the cost of doing a service upgrade in your home. Apparently, in Andrew Cullen's words, sent it through the roof I don't know what the code changes were, but it impacts you if you need a service upgrade. But it's a perfect time to take advantage of the spring sale because Color Electric extending a twenty percent discount on a new service upgrade for your home. That's twenty percent off the total job cost. Can save you a lot of money. So it's for above or below ground residential single family services four hundred amps or less, and it extends to the installation of the whole thing, and it extends the breaker panel and main service upgrades only. So take advantage of the twenty percent discount. You get a ten year warranty on that or anything else Collen does for your house. They're great at residential electric projects. The price is always right and the service couldn't be better. So call the right electric since that's Color and Electric people with the right connections five one three two two seven four one one two Online it's Cullenelectriccincinnati dot.
Speaker 1: Com fifty five KRC. The following heartwarming yet in fourteen Corny Channel and I.
Speaker 2: We got rounds of showers, continuing heavy rain at times sixty four for the high showers are likely with understorms possible overnight fifty nine. Tomorrow's high seventy rain in heavy rain. Heavy rain is expected UH forty five overnight with showers continuing and maybe some storms and showers finally end their daytime. Sunday Club Watch ends in the morning fifty two for the high end right now fifty three.
Speaker 6: Degrees and time for traffic from the UCL Tramfhtic Center. Don't let injuries slow you down. The u See Health Orthopedic Sands supports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule the same day appointment at u seehealth dot com. Northbound seventy five crews continue to work with an accident at Donaldson. That traffic packing up past Turfway north seventy five, then slows again between the viral and some high water and the plane. You know the Reagan Highway that you're over. Your wreck is clear. That's a wreck outside of Milford. I'm fifty at Eastman Mary Ingles Highway blocked off near wester Or Lane and Fort Thomas. That's a mot slide. Chuck Ingram on fifty five k RCV talks Station.
Speaker 2: Six fifty five KRCD talk station and a happy Friday to you. Back a gloom and do Timfoil hat day with you, RWL Report Dave Interest dot Com. All right, first, what is a file converter and then explain how fake file converters can give us malware?
Speaker 14: Yeah, and real quick, Brian, just one of our mind folks.
Speaker 15: Today is the day for the Secretary of State's Cybersecurity Seminar here in Cincinnati up at the Shift Center at Xavier. I'm one of the speakers. It's from eight to noon. Come on out. You'll learn a lot about how to protect your business. So fake file converter. You know, here's one of the things that's always surprising to me. If you use Microsoft Word now, obviously you're going to start out in the Microsoft Word format, but you can save a document, a word document, just about every format known demand. There's all kinds of legitimate like the free Adobe converter. But people are always looking for ways to convert file formats from one format to another. Let's say I want to go from word to I don't know, leaver office or something I don't know, just pick any kind of thing. A file converter is a software tool that will let you take a file in one format and convert it to another. But the most common file formats out there for most people, Brian are things like office formats, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and then Adobe Pdf, you know, and again in word you can natively save a word file to pdf. So these folks, though, are praying on the fact that people don't necessarily know these things. They get a file in a certain format, they want to convert it to something else for whatever reason, so they'll set up a fake website that purports to do this. And again, the FBI is warning about this extensively. They're seeing a lot of this now. It's one of the reasons why everyone should go to IC three dot gov, which is the FBI sponsored website about cybercrime.
Speaker 14: You can report it there, you can get announcements about these things.
Speaker 15: And basically what happens is you think you're using something free. You and I have discussed this now for more than a decade. Be wary of free unless you are absolutely certain it's coming from a legitimate site, a legitimate organization, And when you use their free converter, it either steals your credentials or more likely, downloads some kind of malware. Keystroke log or ransomware or something like that, and they're luring you in with a lure of using a free tool that does what you want.
Speaker 14: Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: So for example, if I'm sitting at home and somebody sent me a PDF document and I want to save it as a word document, and I don't know how to do that, I go online to my search engine, I see how do you convert a PDF to a word document? And then a bunch of websites will pop up saying I'll do that for free.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and you make a really good point too.
Speaker 15: The touches on an important related concept, search engine poisoning. The bad guys know that they can set up a website and get it indexed by Google.
Speaker 14: Google will serve it up.
Speaker 15: It doesn't necessarily know it's malicious, and as a result, people just assume, well, if it's pulled up by Google. By the way, I wouldn't use Google as a search engine. I would use a privacy friendly search engine. But whatever search engine you're using, the bad guys will purposely build sites and optimize them so they show up in search engines. So when you do a search, their nefarious and malicious site shows up. The average person doesn't realize there's.
Speaker 14: No way to stop that.
Speaker 15: They click on the link just like you describe because they want to convert one file format to another, or they need to sign a document or something like that. And now you're in the clutches of the bad guys who are going to give you malware or.
Speaker 14: Something like that.
Speaker 2: Well, I can certainly see how that can happen, and it really I mean, if you know the tools of the trade, like you can elevate your presence online, you just got to know how to do it. And there are people out there that specialize in that, and I'm Dave, I'm sure you're one of those guys and knows how to elevate interest it above everybody else online searches.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean, we work with a local marketing company and Big Orange Marketing to help us with these kind of things.
Speaker 14: They specialize in that.
Speaker 15: There are lots of people, Brian, whose entire business revolves around helping you rank well in search because we now and that's how most people find things today, right, They don't get out of a phone book to look for a business. They go and search online. So yeah, search engine poisoning is a real thing, and it's one of the ways that these guys will lure you into in the farious site like these so called document converter sites.
Speaker 14: And you know, in general, it's always best if.
Speaker 15: You try to determine do I already have a tool installed on my device through Microsoft or some other vendor we work with every day that can do what I want before you just go try something for free, because increasingly the bad guys will leverage the lure of free and convenience and ease of use to suck you in to do something bad.
Speaker 2: All right, well as always appreciate your sage wisdom and advice for my listeners. I hope my listeners heed it every week and keep themselves out of trouble and keep their data privacy secure and prevent the malware attacks and of course the ransomware and oh my god, the deletion of I think about businesses that have gone through this and have had their files completely eradicated. It's like, oh my god, can you imagine the horror of something like that happening. That's why we're glad we've got you, Dave Hatter every week on the fifty five Carece Morning Show. Thanks for what you do interest it dot com to reach out to Dave and his crew to help you avoid these kind of messes and of course maybe get you out of the situation if you fell into one of the traps. He explains, every week, Dave, have a wonderful weekend, my friend, look forward to another segment on next Friday.
Speaker 1: Take care of my brother.
Speaker 15: Always my pleasure, Brian, you and Jail when all your listeners have great weekend, and I will look forward to coming up with more bad news next Friday.
Speaker 2: Okay, you do that. There's no shortage apparently, take care man. Folks, stick around Keith thatstins from the cure starts now. They're gonna find a cure for cancer, and we're gonna help them and we're gonna win some bourbon by doing it. They're gonna he's gonna talk about bobon raffle, and if you're a bourbon fan, you need to stick around and learn how to get a ticket. Even if you're not a bourbon fan, you need to buy a ticket because a you want to cure cancer, and b the aftermarket value of the bourbons that are in this raffle are sick, insane and the eight gramma Swimmy at seven point thirty. Big Hour coming up, Don't Go Away.
Speaker 1: Covering Trump's first one hundred days.
Speaker 9: Every day we stand on the verge of the four greatest years in American history.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs the talk station, This three.
Speaker 2: Question Milan, Well more than one bourbon anyway, seven oh six on a Friday, and a very happy one to you. This is a special weekend for me, and I know it's even more special for my next guest, Keith Destrict from the Care Starts Now. The Big Cure Starts Now gala taking place on Saturday night, and I have been blessed for years and years to be able to participate, doing a little facilitation and some announcements and things like that. It is the most awesome charitable gala you can ever hope to go to. Welcome back to the fifty five Carossee Morning Show from the Care Starts Now.
Speaker 1: Keith. It's always great having you on the show.
Speaker 13: Thank you, Brian. We appreciate you having us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's well, I mean we'll get to the bourbon raffle in a minute here, But for those maybe and after all these years, i'd like to think every one of my listeners is familiar with the concept of care starts Now, but you lost your daughter many years ago to pediatric brain cancer geoblastoma, and it's one of the most aggressive cancers out there, so much so that as I've learned from you over the years, they quite often researchers won't do research on something so aggressive. They can't get ahead of it because the mortality rate is so quick.
Speaker 1: It's just it's it's.
Speaker 2: Not in their view worthy of the research and investment of time, because well, it's the limited time of life on this earth. But as you have demonstrated over the years, with the care Starts Now and all the fundraising and global organization, which I want you to emphasize on here, global organization, you're now seeing you know, years worth of additional life after a diagnosis. I mean you've made terrific advancements to your work.
Speaker 13: Oh absolutely, and you know it has stretched to be worldwide. We actually just open up a Japanese chapter just about a month ago, so we're pioneering trying to grow some research there. We're up to fifty four locations now and you know we're home based. This is our this is where we started here in Cincinnati and some some very very big discovery Some of the biggest discoveries in cancer research have really started with this because we believe, as many researchers do, that this is a home run chur This is the type of cancer that if we can advance the treatment here, it's going to create something totally new, something that's not just chemotherapy, radiation, surgery, immunology, but maybe a whole new way to fight cancer and beat it for good. And that's really what we are. We're just we're not another cancer charity. What we are is we are hopefully that home run strategy.
Speaker 2: Well, and you've done a rather unique thing. I think one thing we can all commonly agree on is researchers are very protective of their work. You know, they get the research grant or they you know, the pharmaceutical industry funds their work. They protect it like a patent or like intellectual property. They don't want to You have been successful in organizing physicians from around the globe to get together to work together and share this type of research. It's just it's just unheard of.
Speaker 13: Well, I think what it comes down to is we apply a little bit of a business and a ten year strategy model to this. And so what we we don't look at cancer as bright and shiny as how we say it. You know, you don't look at one specific trial and go ooh, this is kind of cool. Let's test it out and then quickly forget about it move on to the next thing. What we do is we look at it and say, all right, what do we need to fill voids in our strategy. Who is the best person to be able to tap.
Speaker 1: To do this?
Speaker 13: Get them in the game they may not even come from our realm, and then build a long term path based upon whether it succeeds or whether it fails. And you know, we thrown a lot of money against cancer, and you know the results have not been tremendously good.
Speaker 3: For the last eighty years.
Speaker 13: Have been talking about beating cancer, but we haven't talked about actually curing cancer enough. And so what.
Speaker 3: We do is we look at it and say.
Speaker 13: We've got to we've got to take a long term approach to this.
Speaker 3: You got to stay there with him.
Speaker 13: You've got to be side by side with the pharmaceutical companies, with the researchers. You got to ask them what things they need to be able to change this and then actually put up the money to be able to make it happen. And so when you do that, you can accomplish really really big things with millions of dollars rather than having to throw billions of dollars at it all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you have raised millions of dollars? And what in terms of the gala? What number? What year is this? I've lost track?
Speaker 13: I think this is eighteen is where we're at. We're getting close to twenty years at this point. And yeah, this it's gotten a lot bigger. I mean this year we kind of figured in maybe it's going to be a little bit smaller, have moved it to Sharonville. We sold that already. So I'd love to be able to talk about buying tickets to it today, but no we can't. I go get good news, but we don't have any more chairs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you used up all the space, and what better news could you have than that? Sorry, sucks to be you. You better get them early next year because it is a wonderful event, and you know.
Speaker 13: It is, and we try, we try to make something that's different than anything else. And you can buy them ahead of time. Now that's a good part about it. Starting on Sunday, we're gonna start selling the next year tickets. But we try to do something it's called once in a lifetime because what we want to do is we want to give people a chance to buy something that they could never get otherwise. And we hate rubber chicken events. So what we look for is we look for an event that frankly is.
Speaker 3: A lot of fun.
Speaker 13: And I know tomorrow is going to be just like that. I mean, we have a theme this year of a game show and Brian, your voice is going to be perfect.
Speaker 2: Get this is going to be so fun. I saw the list. I'm not going to reveal anything. I was literally laughing thing out loud when I saw the items that I'm going to be announcing about.
Speaker 1: So you've really put a smile the other day. But I got the materials well.
Speaker 13: And then we have and then we have the live auction items. I mean, a trip to you get to go to Bali and you get to be a part of a surf school. You know, you get to uh hang out with Marty and Tom Browneman for a night.
Speaker 3: You know, there's all kinds.
Speaker 13: Of stuff that are just really really cool things and and they kind of were all themed around the original one, which is our presenting sponsor, which is Greater Greater. Yeah, and their wish to create your own flavor of ice cream, which you just don't get that. You know, that's that's a once in a lifetime thing, and that's I mean, there's a win that's been with us for from the beginning.
Speaker 2: And I was going to say, and I was I was actually going to bring Greaters up because God bless the Greater's family. They've been with you from the beginning, and one of the original sponsors, because I wanted to use that as a vehicle to thank all the sponsors that help donate. They all the raffle items have been donated by these wonderful spots. And I'll put a shout out to my friends. At twenty two three, they got a fourteen hundred dollars custom cig P three twenty with Wilson Combat grips. It's a beautiful firearm. They donated that. And of course pivoting over God Bless the Party Source. You know, I have literally gone out of my way to go make alcohol purchases at the party Source. It's not even close to my house. I'm up in Simms Township. If every couple, you know, every once in a while I'll drive all the way to the Party Source just to give them business in thanks for what they do for you and other organizations donating these this insane collection of bourbons for this part raft well.
Speaker 13: And that's even though we're sold off for the Galla. This is something you can do now. It's a Kentucky based raft well. It's technically kind of a separate, you know, element, because there's some restrictions on what we can do for Ohio with it, but you can actually go aline. You have it on your Blog's a link to it, but if you need it, it's just a CSN events slash, a CSN events dot org ash Kentucky Bourbon Raffle. And what it is is we have two separate raffles, but effectively four prizes spread between all of them that Party Source has donated to us. And the cool part about it is, especially in timing of today, it's it's this is American made stuff too, so you don't have to worry about any of the news or any of the changes or anythings like that. And and go ahead, and I guess invest in a raffle and well it is invest can't research.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you called it that because I know I used to not drink bourbon. I was traditionally a Scotch guy, and I've been a bourbon convert over the years. I've had so many opportunities to taste it. I kind of I've gotten to it, but I've never tasted Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon's right. And the reason is because she's so expensive and it's so rare. I mean, there's only a finite supply, and the entire world wants to get its hands on this because apparently it's the best bourbon out there. The one raffle the Van Winkle Reserve collection is a bottle of each one they make. The Pappy van Winkle Family Reserve twenty three years, The Pappy van Winkle Family Deserve twenty Pappy van Winkle Family Deserve fifteen, Van Winkle Family Deserve rye thirteen year Old Van Winkle Specially Reserve twelve lot b an old van rip Van Winkles Family Deserve ten years. Every one of those bottles, one raffle ticket can win you all of them. And I go nuts when I see the price of these because this street value for the first one six grand.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Well, and here's the thing is is that when you see these collections and if you if you collect bourbon, or if you see these you know things out there, you know a lot of them have four bottles or they have five bottles with it. This is a six bottles collection. So this is this is everything pretty much that you could find with it. And it's one hundred dollars ticket and you know, they're still tickets sold. We're selling them up until April eighth, which.
Speaker 1: Is what is that next next Tuesday or Wednesday, next Tuesday, and and.
Speaker 13: At that point we're going to be drawing it. And so it gives everybody a chance to just go online and you can go ahead and purchase it. We didn't have ones for those that don't want to participate in the Pappy, it's fifty dollars. But this has three prizes in it, so you know, whereas you just get one for the Pappy van Winkle, but you get six bottles in this one. There are three different prizes, one of which is Brown Foreman, King of Kentucky.
Speaker 3: That's our first prize street.
Speaker 13: And then a second prize Eagle Rare straight Bourbon seventeen year Saysarak Right eighteen year, uh and George T.
Speaker 3: Stag.
Speaker 13: So all three of those bottles are the second prize. I mean between all those, that's probably about four thousand dollars street value. I mean, obviously this stuff goes.
Speaker 3: Up and down.
Speaker 13: You try to pin at as best you can, and then you know your third prize. You're talking about a William LaRue Weller and a Handy says Iraq straight Rye. So that alone is probably two thousand. So each one of these are huge prizes in and of themselves, and it's just really cool to get this type of offering from the party source and be able to have something that's the sweetener for people that can't come out to the Galla or just didn't get the tickets in time.
Speaker 2: Well, nobody cares about winning. They care about helping you find a cure for cancer, the home run cure, and you're doing it for one hundred dollars for the Van Winkle Reserve correction per ticket. That's one hundred dollars going in the pot of money that's going to fund research that's going to come up with the home run cure. Same thing, Raffle two fifty bucks a ticket, three opportunities to win on that one, so it's easy to remember. Fifty five krc dot com. It's right there, probably displayed on my blog page. Thank you Joe Strekker for updating that, and thanks again to all the sponsors that are helping out the cure starts now, like for example, the party source with this one, and all the sponsors at the Galla tomorrow night. Really looking forward to that, and of course the Greater Family from the get go with the Tnity, which is the neatest prize to create your own flavor ice cream. Blaine is real quick because I know we were promote Elaine's Blueberry Pie ice cream because it's named after your late daughter and it is an awesome ice cream.
Speaker 1: Does that is that on Soltaust of the year it's it's sold.
Speaker 13: Typically they'll start that about it, well, it's going to be coming up here shortly, I imagine probably here in June as when you might start to see it. They usually try to do it as a seasonal flavor with it because I think it's one of their most intensive flavors to make, so it's not one of those ones that they'll have all the time.
Speaker 3: Okay you for that purpose.
Speaker 2: Now come on the morning show when it's out, because it's an opportunity for people to help out the cure and eat some amazing ice cream that is indeed, what if not my favorite one of my favorite flavors that Greaters make, But Greaters makes the best ice cream on the planet, hands down, no arguments period. End of story, Keith Destards, I'll see you tomorrow at the gala. Thanks for coming on the program today, and I'll encourage my listeners to get the vip KC dot com. Get yourself a bourbon raffle ticket or four or five.
Speaker 13: And have you practice.
Speaker 1: Come on down. Yeah, I'm working on it.
Speaker 3: We're looking forward to I event.
Speaker 2: I'm really excited as I always have them every year for that event seven eighteen Right now fifty five KCD talk station save up to fifteen hundred and fifty dollars on a new carrier comfort system. This, of course from my good friends at Zimmer Heating and Cooling. The experts at Zimmer Heating and Cooling have been making Cincinnti home safe, efficient, and of course comfortable for more than seventy five years. Family run and operated Chris Zimmer taking the helm. He's proud of what they do. They got great customer service and of course they represent the company company that invented air conditioning, that's Carriers. So if you got to do it, you need a new system, it's the perfect time because you can save up to fifteen hundred and fifty bucks. But for all HVAC needs, call the bass called Zimmer to reach them and schedule appointment. Two ways of doing that it's just go to the web page go Zimmer dot com. Go Zimmer dot com, call them up at five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. That's five to two one ninety eight ninety three.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs jen and.
Speaker 2: Nine first warning with a hork casts rain. Look hey, how about that? So we have rounds of showers a day, We'll have heavy rain oft times.
Speaker 1: At oaklao up. She's sixty four.
Speaker 2: Showers are likely along with understorms over nine fifty nine for the low. Seventy are high tomorrow with rain and heavy rain expected. More showers overnight with a few storms possible. Forty five the overnight low Sunday, that's when the shower's end during the day and the floodwatch ends in the morning. Sunday's high fifty two. It is fifty three now in time for a traffic updates in Chuck.
Speaker 6: England from the UCL Traffic Center. Don't let injury slow you down. The UC Health orthophedic Sands sports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule the same day appointment at ucehelp dot com North found seventy five crews continue to work with an accident at Donaldson the left lanes block that is backing traffic into Florence at an extra fifteen minutes. Slow again out of Saint Bernard to some high water in the left lane near Galbreth.
Speaker 5: Problems out of Mount.
Speaker 6: Adams where there is a MUDs lie at the bottom of Martin Drive and Hill Street. Chuck INGRAMOM fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven twenty three fifty five KERR CD Talks station. Yeah, everybody staying the decent Friday. Great guessrom in the fifty five carsee mornings to today just like yesterday.
Speaker 1: What a great day yesterday was.
Speaker 2: And you can go to get the podcast of the discussions I had yesterday. Coming up next of a VIC Grahma swam he's going to join the program. Is a Lincoln Day dinner he's going to be doing at Claremont County GOP tonight. I note that he will be speaking at the Warren County Lincoln Reagan Dinner next week, which I will be in attendance and speaking at least briefly at thank you for the invitation my friends in Warren County.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about some.
Speaker 2: State issues going on, maybe the stadiums and why in the hell are high tax payers maybe going to be on the hook for six hundred million dollars for the Browns.
Speaker 1: Hamilton County left out of that.
Speaker 2: Apparently the current proposal only allows for taxpayer funding in counties of more than a million people, and since Hamilton County has about eight hundred and fifty thousand, we're not in the mix. I'm objecting to just the concept of tax payer dollars being used for megasports complex. But then again, that comes as no shock to my listeners. There are other state issues, budgeting, maybe geting rid of the income tact. I don't know what he's in favor of. We're going to find out. He is running for governor, and that race is, you know, pretty far away. I mean, we're we're you know, we're twenty months before the general election twenty twenty six, but he's making the rounds and he's also running ads. There is a primary, so they coming up next and without further deal, list one of the phones and see what Jay's got this morning. Jay, Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Good to hear from you, Hey, good to hear from you.
Speaker 8: Brian. Hey wanted to follow up from a conversation you had with American for Prosperity where Donovan O'Neil.
Speaker 1: I think Donvan O'Neil.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he said that he had the public Ohio public schools are sitting on forty billion dollars of excess money. And I just took a look at Ohio checkbook dot gov. They they are funded at fifteen billion dollars a year, so they have three years of funding in a slush fund, and they're asking for two hundred fifty million dollars a year or more. Here's my question, why should they have one dollar left at the end of the year. Why should they be allowed to have this three years of funding? And I kind of like what, I can't remember his name. There was a president back in the nineteen twenties who said every dollar that the government has beyond what they absolutely need is legalized theft. And I agree with that, and I think that that ought to be really looked into. You want to talk about a dojo opportunity, we shouldn't We shouldn't give them a dime for three years and tell them and all these like free school lunch, you know, buildings, crimea river. They're sitting on forty billion dollars of cash and now and then we need to expand it and pay for free lunch, free breakfast, free dinner, free everything because there's not enough money. Evidently there enough money.
Speaker 2: And I guess, Jay, how does any given school get their hands on some of that money? Because I know I was at Clemont County School. They're looking for a pretty substantial tax levy on top of our already overly burden tax real estate tax bills. And I know a lot of people are against that. They have this palatial high school. I guess they build.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't stay on top of what the antics are in any given school district. But if they need the money so desperately, and if it is in fact true, I can't question Donovan interview. I don't remember the specific number. If there is forty billions sitting around there related to education, how does one tap into that to keep people's taxes low. Lots of legitimate questions, Jay, And the funny thing is about legalized theft if you have a dollar left over. The problem is they never do in modern government. They blow through everything the five trillion they take in and then blow through an additional two trillion or more annually. So interesting concept, but it wouldn't play out in modern politics because they overspend and well put us into bankruptcy. Appreciate it. Jay got to run because if the vic ramas swim. He's up next. Looking forward to having him on the program. You can stick around and hear what he has to say. First, though, affordable magical media imaging dollars and cents matter all the time, and we're talking thousands of dollars in savings for your echo cardigram, mrict scan, ultra scam, long screening, cardiac scoring. Thousands of dollars can be saved by ignoring your doctor and going to affordable imaging services for these they use the same equipment hospitals use. Well, you'll know when you get there. The overhead is very low. It's how they can pass. The savings belong to you. So don't pay thirty five hundred dollars for an echo cardigram. How about paying five hundred without an enhancement eight hundred with I'm getting a set scan next week that could cost five grand at a hospital. I have to pay extra for the board. Certified radiologists report affordable iaging services four fifty without a contrast six hundred with and all of the images come with the radiologists report in the price. So exercise You're right to choice when it comes to your medical care. You have it five one three seven five three eight thousand, five one three seven five three eight thousand online Affordable Medimaging.
Speaker 1: Dot com fifty five KRC, channelnine.
Speaker 2: First one to one forecast. There's we got a lot of rain going on today, heavy rain at times. It'll come in rounds. You're supposed to square sixty four for the high overnight little fifty nine with more showers and thunderstorms.
Speaker 1: Rains likely tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Heavy rain is expected tomorrow seventy for the high out of forty five overnight with showers continuing along with a few storms. Showers will finally end on Sunday afternoon and the floodlotsch ends on Sunday morning. Sunday high fifty two with to fifty three. Now it is time for traffic upset Chuck.
Speaker 5: From the UCL Tramping Center.
Speaker 6: Don't let injuries slowing down the U see health Orthophedic Sands Sports Madison experts can help keep you moving. Schedule the same day appointment at ucehealth dot com.
Speaker 5: Northbound fourth seventy one.
Speaker 6: I'm seeing some very heavy tramping here Memorial Parkway. I'm gonna check and see if there's an accident there. Northbound seventy five continues slow out of Florence towards Donaldson. There's a wreck on coal rain at spring Grove and on five mile at Old five mile. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven thirty one if you have KERCD talk station. A very Happy Friday Night, an extra special very Happy Friday. Welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning show man who I am a huge fan of and who will be Ohio's next governor FORAVEK Grama Swamy. Good to have you back on the program. It's good to be on man, how are you doing really well? Doing really well? I'm gonna recommend my listeners check out vivek for Ohio, viv e k for Ohio dot com. Uh, that's your early campaign web page. We can of course start working on you know, you know, be in advance of the primary when we finally get to it. And I know you're going to be speaking tonight to Lincoln Day dinner Claremont County GOP's having for you. But real quick here for those people are saying, well, wait a second, the governor race isn't for until twenty twenty six. We got twenty months ahead of that. I know there's a primary, but we're pretty far out. You your name is, and you are everywhere around Ohio. Why are you getting in advance of this so early? I think I might know, but let my listeners know about what's going on. Well, first of all, there's a few reasons for that.
Speaker 17: One is, we have unprecedented unity in our Republican Party, Ryan, like we've never seen in an Ohio election cycle before. And I want us to take advantage of that unity to be able to actually push an agenda that lifts up all Ohioans. And I think that's going to require some ambition. And so that's the number one reason is we're united. Want the primary phase of this is effectively over. We're moving on to the general election, and I want to do to the general election in the next three months what we've already done to this primary, which is effectively to render the infighting moot and to focus on what we're actually going to do for Ohioans.
Speaker 3: The other reason, though.
Speaker 17: Is that President Trump is doing something unique with the federal programs, which is he's sending a lot of them back to the states and to the people where they belong. Look at the Department of Education. He shut that down or started shutting it down. But the real answer is going to be on the shoulders of the states of how we fix the education policy for our kids. And so I do think a running start, a head start is really important here. I'm not just focused on winning the primary, you're winning the general. I'm focused on setting a governing agenda that we start when I take office with a running start, not a standing start, And I.
Speaker 3: Think it's really important for the success of our state.
Speaker 2: Very Trump asked that running start. He's been in a full on sprint since the elections or since he was sworn in. It's a pretty amazing thing to behold given the four year administration. Now in terms of the event, and I let's get the details on that. You're doing the Lincoln Day dinner speech. Actually, I'm going to be at the Warren County one next week where you're the keynote speaker, and I'll have an opportunity to speak in advance of you talking as well. I'm Feelbrety blessed to have been asked for the ask to attend that.
Speaker 17: Great great you know, we'll be the Clemont County Lincoln Day Dinner tonight with on a fourth night straight that we're.
Speaker 3: Doing sellout crowds across the state.
Speaker 17: And one of the things I'm trying to do Ryan is also visit parts of the state that haven't traditionally been you know, the usual places where candidates go.
Speaker 3: We've gone in the last week through ironton the southern tip of our state, all.
Speaker 17: The way the week before through Jefferson County the eastern end of our state, to Preble County out in Mahoning County last night, and what I'm seeing is a level of energy we really haven't spent in certainly in our state, to the extent I've seen in a very long time.
Speaker 1: I think it's a positive thing for us.
Speaker 17: I think people are ready to not just move on from the Biden Kamala Harris era. Right, we knew what we were running from last November. Now the question is what are we running too? And I think that this is a moment where we as a Republican Party have an opportunity to lead not just the sixty percent of the state that's with us, but the remainder of the state that might not realize they're with us too, as long as we can tell them how we're going to reform education in the state, how we're going to put more money in their pocket. One of the things I'm talking about is I travel a lot of this state is educating our people on a looming electricity crisis in our state. We have a major risk of shortages with the war on coal and natural.
Speaker 3: Gas across our region.
Speaker 17: At the same time, these AI data centers are moving into our state. Yeah, the AI data center boom is a good thing. It can be a good thing, but only if we provide baseload power generation. And see, these are issues that politicians and frankly, both parties aren't really talking about or addressing enough. But if we educate our people and prepare them for what we're about to do, which is to really take Ohio into the future, then frankly, it's not just going to be the nearly thousand people in Mahoning Valley that showed up last night, or they are many more in Cuermont County tonight, But it's also going to be all the people who want in the room, who are going to benefit from the policies that we actually implement.
Speaker 3: And that's what I'm most excited about right now.
Speaker 2: Isn't it interesting that artificial intelligence centers are actually launching interest in modular nuclear reactors. Finally, I've been screaming about this on the Morning Show for years. Listen, you don't build three mile island towers anymore. These are small. They're at one size fits all, They smitten of They fit in a very small footprints, so you're not using up in gobs of space. They produce massive quantities of electricities that can run entire cities and artificial intelligence data centers, and they're comparatively easy to build. The only state things standing in the way of those being built right now is ourselves. We are our own worst enemy.
Speaker 1: You nailed it.
Speaker 3: It's actually this week that.
Speaker 17: I unveiled it in several of the speeches across the state.
Speaker 3: That is how we power our electric grid for the future.
Speaker 17: In the short term to making sure we use fossil fuels, coal, natural gas an important part of providing energy and the power for our electric grid. But in the long run, I want Ohio to be the state that isn't planned from behind. I want a high to be the state that leads the way in small modular nuclear reactors.
Speaker 3: This is the way of the future. This is the way that we can use this AI data.
Speaker 17: Center boom as an opportunity to make sure that we're powered for the next century. That Ohio is leading the way in energy dominance for the entire twenty first and likely twenty second century and beyond.
Speaker 3: It's just red tape that gets in the way. I mean. The beauty of small modular nuclear reactors.
Speaker 17: Is that they're smaller as the name suggests, they're self contained, that takes care of the waste tissue, and they can be actually tailored and fit for purpose. So imagine a future in our state where you have clusters and regions of our state worth multiple different AI data centers, but all populated and powered in that same region by the same small modular nuclear reactor or a series of them. That's what the energy grid of the future looks like. That's really what the Ohio of the future looks like. And that allows us not to have to fear rotating power outages, which is where we would be headed right now without a solution, but instead to be a state that the energy dominant and even exporting energy to other states in our region. So that's where I want to lead our state. And I see an opportunity because you think about it, Brian, we were the state that led the first Industrial Revolution.
Speaker 3: That was Ohio.
Speaker 17: We've always been the pioneers, the explorers, the unafraid. My hometown of Cincinnati, as you well know, was known around the world as the Queen City.
Speaker 3: The consumer products capital of the world.
Speaker 17: Just as Toledo lead and glass, Akron and rubber Youngstown where I was last night, led the way and steel. We've been the leaders of the nation, right and I think that we got to get out of this mindset where somehow this is just part of the rust belt whose best days are behind us, No far from it. We're going to lead Ohio to our future. It's our best days are still ahead. If Silicon Valley led the way in the American economy for the last ten years.
Speaker 3: I'm here to make sure.
Speaker 17: It is the Ohio River Valley for the next ten years. And it's going to be not just the sectors of the past, but also the sectors of the future, including small modular nuclear reactors, including semiconductor production, including the areas that are going to power the American economy. And so yes, are we on the cusp of a golden age in America.
Speaker 3: I think we are. I think we can be. But I think it's going to.
Speaker 17: Be Ohio and ought to be Ohio rather than Florida or Texas that leads away from the center of the country, from the heart of the country.
Speaker 3: We have every God given.
Speaker 17: Gift we could want to do it, from fertile farmland to great natural resources. All we need to do is to actually believe in ourselves to actually do it. And that's the job of a governor. The job of a good leader is to revive our conviction in our state, to frankly market our state effectively to the rest of the country so we can have people moving in rather than moving out. And that's exactly what I'm going to do as the next leader of this state. I'm looking forward to getting started. Of course, we've got to win this election to do it, but I think that that energy is part of why we've had I don't think we've seen endorsements like this that are that one sided in our state for the history of our gubernatorial elections, and I'm grateful for that, and I want to use that unity in our party to supercharge us forward.
Speaker 2: Well, we certainly can use that unity. Your message comes through loud and clear, Your enthusiasm comes through loud and clear. And if there's one person that I am certain that could herd the cats in Columbus that have been the Republican Party of the past decade or more, I think it's you. You can get it done and get everybody plan on the same page and making Ohio an energy leader that is one fantastic way of doing it. It would be less expensive for us to charge and heating and air condition our homes, less expensive for business. Was would be a real magnet and then maybe we could do something like eliminate the income tax, right, and you know go, yeah.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you what I got to ask you this for. I know we're going to part company right now. I gotta let you go, Bud. They're talking about six hundred million dollars to go to the Cleveland Browns to help them build some sort of stupid two point seven billion dollar mega complex. I'm against taxpayer dollars for stadium facilities. We've got so many other demands that have been placed upon Ohio taxpayers real quick, can you chime in on the that conceptually, if not specifically, on that allocation to the extent it goes through.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean, look, that one's going to be resolved long before I take office.
Speaker 3: I bought a principle, right, they brought a principle. Is where am i? So, Brian.
Speaker 17: I want to take the income tax down to zero. I want to eliminate the income tax in our state. I want to put a cap on property taxes in our state because they've gotten insanely high. It's your money, not the governments. It is your land, not the governments.
Speaker 3: And those are the principles we need to restore.
Speaker 17: If this is a state that people move into instead of out of. Right now, we're chasing a lot of people out of our state. We have more people moving out than in. I'm going to reverse that. We're going to become a magnet. Right now, Florida is number one, Texas is number two. Ohio is number thirty eight for moving in versus out. By the time I'm done, I want us to be number one. I want the rate of growth in.
Speaker 3: Our state to be the top in the country.
Speaker 17: And the way we're going to do it is by time tested principles of allowing people to keep the money that you earn.
Speaker 3: It's not too much to ask. That's who we are as Ohio wants.
Speaker 17: To reward hard work, to reward meritocracy, to reward capitalism.
Speaker 3: I think true capitalism.
Speaker 17: I'm talking about state sponsored or crony capitalism, talking about true capitalis.
Speaker 3: That's what I stand for.
Speaker 17: And you know, I'll tell you this is I'm grateful that that's the message that so many have been able to rally around. The day launched this campaign, I was honored to get President Trump's endorsement, and since then it's only been you know, all of the Congressmen who have endorsed both chambers of the Republicans in both the House and the Senate, and the state and all the way up and down. We are united. We're ready for this mission. We're ready to lead Ohio to our future, to a population boom, to an economic boom of a kind that we haven't seen since the first Industrial Revolution, to a revival of educational achievement in our state. And yes, Brian, that is achievable if we have a governor who rolls up the sleeves and focuses on it. And all we're going to have to do is bring that level of energy to the leadership of our state. And I do think it's going to require a new generation of leaders. And you know what, I think it's time to turn the page on the future, building on the foundations of the past. I'm not going to critic size my predecessors at all to the contract, compliment them for their accomplishments, but I'm going to build on that foundation to lead our state to our future.
Speaker 3: And that's coming up as soon as we win this election.
Speaker 2: And I'm certain you will AVEC four Ohio dot com, where you can find his website, help out, and I look forward to seeing next Thursday at the Lincoln Rank and Dinner in Warren County. Enjoy the evening tonight and I'll look forward to having you back in the morning show really soon. Keep up the great work, my friend. YouTube moment Take care seven four fifty five krs the talk station. Get touch a plump type plumbing plumbing done right. Yes, James own a Plump Tye Plumbing's got the best crew of obviously licensed plumbers around and I do really appreciate the work today I've done. They've gotten me out of jams over the years, including the raining chandelier problem, the recently slow leaking where in the hell is that water coming from toilet problem?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 2: And the installation of a gas line from my whole house generator. I could just go on and on and on. Plump Tights mission is to provide you and every customer with a truly exceptional plumbing experience, and they accomplish this by delivering the highest quality products, services, and customer relations in the industry, all at affordable and fair prices. They're great at what they do. Exceptional customer service. You can count on that for my friends at Plump Tight Plumbing. The schedule apployment. It's easy to do. Go to the website plumptight dot com, tight spelled t te plumptight dot com, or just give them a call and please tell them. Brian said, Hi, when you make that phone call five one three seven two seven tight, that's five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: As men get older are.
Speaker 11: Here.
Speaker 2: It is your channel nine first one and one forecasts. We have rain today, rounds of rain and heavy rain at times. Sixty four of your high today, more showers overnight, thunderstorms are possible. Fifty nine for the low rain likely heavy rain expected tomorrow. Seventy for the high, down to forty five overnight with more showers and a few thunderstorms. Our showers end during the day sometime on Sunday floodwatch and Sunday morning. Fifty two for the high on Sunday. Right now it's fifty three and high. For a traffic update.
Speaker 5: From the UCL Tramfic Center. Don't let injury slow you down.
Speaker 6: The UC Health orthopedic sans sports medicine experts can.
Speaker 5: Help keep you moving.
Speaker 6: Schedule a same day appointment at ucehelp dot com. Northbound seventy five Preak Klikes out of Florence to an accident a buttermilk left lanes are blocked off, then slow again through Saint Bernard to some high water near Gabrath. They are the report of an accident northbound four seventy one near Grant Cruiser cleaning up a wreck on coal ring at Spring Grove, Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven fifty one. Here fifty five KRCD talk station. Happy Friday to you. It'll be made even happier if we catch crime stop or a bad guy the week. Jonathan Maxwell Henry aka Max. Welcome back to the fifty five KRCY Mornings You Officer Lisa Baker from the Cincinni Police Department. God bless each and every one of them for what they do for our community. So we're looking for Jonathan Maxwell Henry aka Max.
Speaker 1: Why are we looking for him?
Speaker 14: In?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Lisa?
Speaker 18: Good and yes, his friend's collei Max. He's wanted in Kentucky for parole violation, for fleean and theluning police for endangerment as well. Jonathan Maxwell Henry is a white male. He's thirty six years old five foot ten, one hundred and sixty pounds, has a history of theft and drug charges, and he's known to frequent the Price Hill area.
Speaker 2: You should stare in the Kentucky side. No, I'm sorry to my friends in the Commonwealth. Now we're gonna find him his fixtures on my blog page for Jifcarsea dot com. If we do know h have a tip that might lead to his arrest, Officer Baker.
Speaker 1: What do we do?
Speaker 18: We give crime stoppers a call five one three three five two thirty forty.
Speaker 2: You'll remain anonymous. Your tip, Lisa Rash would be eligible for a cash reward. You'd be doing a society a huge favor. We'll be looking for him. Have a wonderful weekend, Lisa, and thank you so much again for what you do.
Speaker 1: Folks.
Speaker 2: I hope you can stick around waiting in the wings. Congressman David Taylor, he'll be in studio, hence waiting in the wings. We're gonna find out what he thinks about the tariffs, about DOGE, what are his plans in congress? Our knew his Congressman Congressman Taylor in studio real quick here. We just got a little snippet of information on this in connection with some swirling claims about Elon Musk and whether he's going to be leaving soon or whether he's going to be leaving or staying around longer. Donald Trump's on record that yes, he has a great relationship with him. He is a terrific guy. He loved to have him around for as long as he can. But special government employees apparently permitted to work for the federal government for no more than one hundred and thirty five days in a three hundred and sixty five day period. Since Musk's one hundred and thirty day time frame began on inauguration Day, that will expire on May thirtieth. Now, assuming that he is not around. According to Trump, and this is a quote from just yesterday, the Secretary's within his cabinets will take over the work that Musk has been doing with DOGE after my Musk steps down from this temporary position. But in the context of saying that and addressing whether or not Musk is going to be around and keep your popcorn out, I don't know what this is going to turn into. But Trump added that this group and the work that they're doing found something in Trump's words, something horrible and incredible. Now, he didn't give out any further details to the reporters, who of course were wondering what in the hell he was talking about, but horrible and incredible. So as if what we found out so far that dog is uncovered isn't already what one might perceive to be horrible and incredible, I don't know that Trump's refer to any of it as that yet. So anyhow, like I said, keep your popcorn out if you didn't get a chance to listen earlier Tech Friday, a day of how do you can find the podcast? If you five caresy dot com and please get a bourbon ticket and help other cure starts now get a cure for cancer. And of course, if you win that Peppy Vanwigal bourbon collection, I think there's like twenty thousand dollars street value worth of booze in that one raffle ticket. I think it makes the one hundred dollars investment well worth it. Anyhow, it's a lot better odds than winning the lottery. Don't go away, folks, We're going to have Congressman David Taylor up after the top of the.
Speaker 17: R news covering Trump's first one hundred days.
Speaker 1: Every day, America's deadline is over fifty five krs the talk station. This report is heard.
Speaker 3: Daily exactly the things that meet be said.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC the talk station eight o five the fifty five PRCD talk station. Brian Thomas fishing here, want a very very happy Friday.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows how much I love my Fridays.
Speaker 2: And I love himing folks in studio, most notably when they are congress people like Congressman David Taylor Davis in studio to talk about what it's like to be a congressman. He is our newest congressman from the Greater Sin Santi area, representing District COUP, which was former Congressman brad winstrop Seed. Brad used to come in all the time. David's going to have you great to be or Brian, thanks for having me. Unfortunately for me, I was you know, Winster likes to come in and you know, jawbone about issues because it's still of its critical importance to him. Of course he still has an active role, and of course you intellected capacity of an active role. And gee, it's a shame day we don't have anything to talk about by way of subject matter today.
Speaker 19: Yeah, it's it's it is real shame, there's nothing going on whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Well, as a new politician, I know you had a huge field. You beat ten Republicans and one Democrat to succeed Winster. This is, you know, a new foray in your life. What's it like to be in this Trump administration? And I was joking with the off air, it's like, you know, Trump's sworn in and he has been sprinting ever since. You compare the amount of and whether you like him or not, and as listen as he sucks, well fine whatever, he's been able to accomplish more in this very short period of time than Joe Biden did in his entire administration. And I suppose we should pause from it and thank our our our our maker that by wasn't as active and engaged as Donald Trump or well, I don't know where we would be right now, but amazing. What's it like being in that environment? It's been great, Brian. And like like you said, we were talking off air a little bit. We got sworn into Congress and January third and we got right to work. We passed into the Lake and Riley Act, and we passed legislation to get men out of women's locker rooms and sports and right on down the line. We were working every day. But then January twentieth came and President Trump got sworn in, and if it felt like we were tied to a stup, tied to a stump, he took off running. And since then it's been quite a ride. Lot's happening. Most of the people, obviously in my district are thrilled with it. I am too. The big goal now is to change a lot of these executive orders into law so that they stayed at the way they are well executive orders, and also the work that Doge has accomplished so far as so far, and you know, I find it almost impossible to behold or and I do find it impossible to comprehend people who are resistant seeing what Elon Musk and his team have revealed to the American public by way of where our dollars are being spent, coupled with and this is almost more offensive the idea that our taxpayer dollars weren't more, they weren't as mindful of our taxpayer dollars. We knew they always weren't. They could take as much as they want from us, but no sense of a fiduciary obligation. When you look at systems like Social Security, which is already headed for a collapse, it has been for they've been predicted for decades, but that hundreds of thousands of people that are obviously dead could still have active Social Security numbers on the system. And people are outraged that DOGE has access to this information in a court order just he said, no, it's we're keeping the injunction in place, keeping them away from that information. How many people work at the IRS have access to that information? These people with DOGE have the same level because security clearances, the people that work in the Social Security Department. I don't find what the big problem is, but that someone might be against cleaning it up.
Speaker 19: Right, Yeah, it's it's not just the waste, which is terrible, but the way we're finding out this money is actually used against American's best interests. And and it seems like the people in DC that you hear the most from are are more mad about the discovery of the fraud, waste and abuse than they are about the fraud, waste and abuse. It's it's a big issue. Dough has to be allowed to do it's it's work. It's dually appointed by the by the executive branch.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 19: We didn't even have anything that I could discern as an actual functioning executive branch for four years, and they're complaining about actual designees of President Trump doing the work that the executive branch is supposed to do. So, yeah, it's a little puzzling when you look at it from that, uh, that aspect that they're they're more worried about how the problems are discovered than fixing the problems.
Speaker 1: That's that's what it is. It's one of those the jig is up kind of things.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: And the dollars that flowed out of you U said, for example, by all accounts, circuitously made their way back into the pockets to politicians, either directly or indirectly in the form of political action committees or campaign contribution. So you know, no, you weren't funding Sesame Street in Iraq. You're actually funding some political Action committee DC to fund left wing clauses, right.
Speaker 19: And Elon Musk kind of explained how that went down, where people like Soros and other activists would put a little seed money into an nng O and then received these huge grants from USAID and of course funnel those right back into whether it's electing prosecutors that have no intention of doing their job, or funneled into Democrat candidates for all number of offices. I know they said it was like approximately two billion dollars a week in fraud, waste and abuse that they discovered early on from Social Security. And we actually sponsored a bill suggesting using you know, less than one week's worth of that money to address there are eighty one two one VA facilities with needs for their Tier one projects, meaning they need acute either restoration or rebuilding. So less than one week worth of waste from the what they found in the Social Security program would knock these all out. Whereas under the current system they're only putting one hundred and fifty million dollars towards this this long list of projects. At that pace, it will never get done. So those are the kind of things we're trying to turn turn this this negative situation into a positive as quickly as possible.
Speaker 2: Well, and you know, you talk about the one hundred and fifty million dollars or two billion dollars the pace at which these projects can get done. Go back to the Green New Deal stuff and what five billion dollars awarded to build you know, a Tesla charge. It's charging stations for ectic vehicles. And after four years or three years or so, seven of them got built. A high speed rail line out in California. That's literally billions of dollars over budget and they haven't gotten much of it done. That Baker's feel sacramenty whatever, that small leg that's connecting no one to no one, and for no particular reason, it's not even done. And it's been on the books and as a project now for what a decade.
Speaker 19: Right, And that money spent, it's it's not like it's not like it's allocated, and it's it's still waiting for them to get the program together. That money's gone. Yeah, So if they ever want to do that, that light rail program, they're gonna need that money again. So yeah, it's it's absolutely ridiculous. And you know that money didn't disappear, and in California you can pretty much guess where it went.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I used to live in Chicago for eight years, so I can guarantee you I know where it went. Yeah, that's why nothing's been done yet in terms of the legislation that you're interested in moving forward. I know one of the big focuses in the VIC grama swim. It was just on talking about focusing here in Ohio and education. It's a big It's a big deal for me. I am blessed who have had a good classical education. My parents insisted on me getting an education victim of public schools, and I got two degrees in the University of Cincinnati. But classical education, you know, phonics, a rhythm, just old school stuff and I would love to have a return to that and moving away from this, DEEI woke kind of nonsense. It's the education system, as reflected by test scores, has become more of an indoctrination camp where you have more time spent on things that have nothing to do with the foundation and the building blocks that allow children to advance in the next grade, reading, writing, arithmetic, core key things and sciences too. By getting rid of the Department of Education, which is forcing this using federal dollars as a vehicle to force schools who accept the money to engage in those programs, Donald Trump and Congress can flip all that, do you see a bill to eradicate the Department of Education because that will be required being advanced, and where do you think it would go if it is.
Speaker 19: Well, there should be a bill, and it's going to be a challenge to get it across the line with the current setup. I think it would be successful in the House. I think it would face challenges in the Senate with the lack of the sixty votes and I don't see a way immediately around the bird rule on that. But they can definitely limit what the Department of Education is doing, and they're doing that when we appreciate that very much. And as you said, Vivek, he's got some great ideas for Ohio's education, you know, merit based pay for teachers, and that's not just based on test scores, as he's pointed out. I don't know if you've had a chance to hear him speak yet on this since he's declared for governor, but he's got some great ideas for multi factor analysis of teachers performance and paying you know, based on actual merit, which is a long overdue and they should be paid better and paid better because of the great work they do. It's there's no more important job. And he's got so many great ideas for Ohio. And if you haven't heard him speak to those, you will soon. I know he was on with you at earlier today and and we're looking forward to announce my endorsement of him tonight as our next governor. I think you know did is oh yeah, oops. But you know he's got great ideas for Ohio. He knows like I do that Ohio's on the verge of a time where we can really move forward talking about energy production, talking about yeah, and you know, the Second District stands ready, that's that's our history. We want to get back to doing that. The small modular nuclear facilities. We've got the only uranium in Richmond, American owned facility in the United States, smack dab in the middle of the Second District. And we're not afraid of the work. You know, it's not, as he stated, it's not three Mile Island anymore. It's a very safe, clean, affordable, you know, abundant source of energy.
Speaker 2: I've been screwing on the top of my lungs about that for years now. I mean, we're not building three mile islands. We have evolved since the nineteen seventies in nuclear technology and nuclear energy production, and these babies. It's kind of like legos. Yeah, you design one and you could pick it up and use the same damn thing over here. You don't have to, you know, tailor it to your landscape necessarily. They don't use a whole lot of space up they abundance of electricity at all. If you believe in climate change and you think carbon dioxide, which is plant food, is changing our climate, they don't produce any of that either.
Speaker 19: You know.
Speaker 2: I mean, why is the entery, the the the the green Why are the green folks against it?
Speaker 1: It's a mystery to me.
Speaker 19: They're starting to figure it out because they want all these electric mandates. They want data centers, which I'm all for data centers, but they find out you have to have energy for that.
Speaker 1: Windmills don't run data center.
Speaker 19: They don't neither, do you know, solar panel fields for the most part. So they're recognizing that and and that's a good thing, I think, but it's going to take a while thing to get them to actually do it. And sometimes you wonder if not you know, actually fixing the problem shuts off the fundraising that goes around the problem. Hopefully that wouldn't be it.
Speaker 2: Let's pause, We're going to be Congressman Dave Taylor back for another segment, and then we'll hear from mayor old candidate Corey Bowman is kind of any one ever everybody know about, and we'll get a recap of his lunch with Smitheman as well. That'll take place at the bottom of the hour. Stick around me right.
Speaker 16: Back fifty five car the talk station prohibition.
Speaker 1: It's no secret that banning alcohol didn't think. Here is your Channel nine first morning weather forecast. Of course rain.
Speaker 2: You got rounds of rain and heavy rain oft times today over NAGLOI sixty four overnight I Meanday's high sixty four overnight fifty nine, same thing, No showers and thunderstorms. Rains likely and heavy rain is expected for tomorrow with a highest seventy down to forty five overnight with more raine and a few storms. Finally, the showers end during the day on Sunday and the flood rotch ends on Sunday morning. Sunday's high fifty two fifty three degrees. Right now, let's get an update on traffic from.
Speaker 5: The ucl Tramphic Center. Don't let injury slow you down.
Speaker 6: The U see Health Orthopedics SAN supports medicine experts can help keep you moving schedule the same day appointment at ucehealth dot com. Sathbound seventy five continued slow through walk run. They cleared the wreck Northbunce seventy five near buttermill. Traffic's still heavy out of Florence. There's a wreck with injuries on daily at Galberth chot Ingram on.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC. The talk station.
Speaker 2: A twenty fifty five KRC DE talk station. Carsman Dave Taylor and studio, probably representing the second district here in Ohio, and seems enthused about the job and obviously is impressed by what's been going on so far by way of progress, at least as he and you and I might perceive it. I want to ask you, though, and a lot of people sitting on the fence on this or you know, strong pro oponents or strong opponents, even folks on the same side of the political ledger. Of course, I got to ask you about tariffs.
Speaker 19: Now.
Speaker 2: I wasn't a big fan of tariffs until I took a look at it.
Speaker 1: It's fine.
Speaker 2: I don't know how it took so long for me to see and know and for all of us to genuinely come to an understanding about what other countries were charging by way of tariffs on the United States. I mean, China sixty seven percent. I had no idea, and so ours now isn't even sixty seven percent, although it's pretty onerous, but nonetheless, you know, you look out in the world, some countries charging ninety percent tariffs. Most of them were at ten to twenty percent, but we didn't have any tariffs on them previously, So what gives on that? And we've been able to play along nicely in the world up until now, and then now people are pulling their hair out and losing their minds because, oh, we're going to cause a global economic collapse because we decided to do what they've been doing to us all the time.
Speaker 19: Yeah, Brian, I couldn't agree more on that. You know, we have in the United States the greatest consumer market on the planet possibly ever, which we've allowed every country in the world to access, basically almost all of them, with no tariffs whatsoever. Meanwhile, they want to charge us to have access to their markets. So somehow in leveling that playing field, we're the bad guy. So I don't really understand that either. And you know, as far as expert opinions on tariffs, for every economist that says they're terrible, I can find you one that says they're great. And economists is probably the only job in the world where you can be right less often than the weather man and still be considered an expert. But you know, they since obviously you have to recognize that the tears have had a big impact on the market's over twenty four hours, but everybody knows that we were taking a long way the wrong way over the last twelve of the last sixteen years, and it's it's not going to be utterly painless to fix it, but I do think it's going to be a short term thing. We're seeing the ten year Treasury bill going down, which is a huge good sign for the United States. That's I mean, that's how you finance your your long term.
Speaker 2: Debt, right that's the interest payment on the credit card basically, you know, I mean you got to pay that, so we've got to pay other countries. You be buying your tea bills six percent or eight percent, Clearly that's a lot of money annually. But if you only have to pay two or three percent, then you are saving money.
Speaker 19: Oh absolutely, you know, we're Americans are for are for free trade, but it has to be fair too. I mean's there's nothing fair about one one one way tariffs.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm hoping it is short and a man that I have a tremendous amount of respect for, even though he is an economist. Thomas Sowell was asked about this the other day, and he went on to point out that, well, if the tariffs are intended as short term, limited measures to achieve strategic jolt goals, they may be effective. But if they're left in place over the long term, they could replicate the devastating history of the global trade war that the Smooth Holly Terriffact caused back in the Hoover administration. And everybody that studied history knows about that, and that certainly is a possibility. And that's what that's the kind of thing that's got me worried. I agree that there's a I think the bulk of these these tariffs are are intended to be short term. Now with certain uh international players who might you might have longer term ones to reject, you know, the American uh worker, say, China, countries like that, Kurda, North Korea, of course. But it's interesting also that how many people over the last few years have expressed the opinion that the tariffs are a good idea and long overdue for America, including everybody from Obama to Pelosi to even Bernie Sanders. So it's funny how when when they're finally enacted, they're they're screaming bloody murder.
Speaker 1: But well, it's because evil Orange Man, right.
Speaker 19: Because somebody actually had the temerity to do it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but and the person who did it is evil Orange Man. If anything that Trump does that they wanted to do five minutes ago, they don't want to do now simply because Trump embraced the concept like fraud, waste and abuse. I mean, you've got every one of the politicians you just mentioned on record at some point in their political career saying we need to get rid of fraud, waste, and abuse and government low and behold, Elon Musk comes in starts doing that job, and they're all pissed off about it. It's like, what you can add Schumer to that list, Yes, the same thing, absolutely, and they're right. You know it's it's it's always popular and say something that's true, and and when it was safe for them to do that and not have to worry about actually doing the work, that's when they set it.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what, David, it's been a real pleasure having you in studio. We need to do this more often, either on the phone or you can come in. And I always welcome folks come in studio, and I appreciate taking the effort to do that. I know you do a fine job representing the second District, and I keep up the great work and keep playing nicely together up there. I know you've got that big, that big, massive What is it a reconciliation bill to accomplish? Just real quick, what's the water temperature on that right now?
Speaker 19: I think it's I think things are progressing well. There was there was a brief sort of uh slow down in the in the procedure with the Senate, but it's up and running again, and it looks like the what they call the vote rama is going to happen where they get their end of it nailed down and send it back to us and finalize it and get it to the President's desk. So very hopeful. You know, I'm very proud of the work that Speaker Johnson has done dealing with you know, a million different kinds of personality, these and agendas, and I'm very as VIVAQ was speaking about earlier in Ohio. Nationally, the Republican Caucus is together. It's united. It understands that this is an opportunity that can't be missed to get this country going in the right direction again. And that's what we're doing.
Speaker 1: I just wish it had more spending cuts in it. Yeah, right, Well, well.
Speaker 19: We'll get another bite at the reconciliation apple before the end of this term. So what we do want to get the biggest bite we can of things that are fraud, waste, and abuse. We don't want to affect the benefits of people who deserve the benefits they're receiving.
Speaker 2: We want to enhance those understood. Well, it's been a real pleasure talking with you, my friend. I look forward to talking to you again real soon. Likewise, thanks for having me in. It's been great. Have a wonderful weekend. It's eight twenty six, folks, stick around, cored Bowman, it's gonna have any wants to talk to you about and we're going to get a recap of what was it like having lunch with Christopher Smithman Corey Bowman up next to around.
Speaker 1: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 5: Simply money minute is.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 2: It is you night first oneing what the vocast got to. Showers likely to continue today, sometimes heavy rain sixty four for the high. Showers are likely every night with underforms thunderforms possible dropping.
Speaker 1: To fifty nine.
Speaker 2: Saturday, a high of seventy rain is likely with heavy rain expected overnight, more showers than a few strong storms forty five for the low. Finally, showers will enduring the day on Sunday, with a floodwatch ending on Sunday morning fifty to to the high rate on Sunday fifty three.
Speaker 1: Right now time for traffic from the.
Speaker 6: U see out Traffic Center. Don't let injuries slowed you down. The U see Health Orthopedics soon. Sports medicine experience can help keep you moving. Schemes up with same day appointment at U see health dot com. South Bend seventy five continues slow through Blackland. North Bend seventy five. Break life should come out of Florence into the cut in the hill. There's a wreck on daily at Galbreth and Lawrence Pern Road now blocked off between fifty and Suspension Bridge due to high way. It's just the beginning. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRZ the talk station.
Speaker 2: Hey thirty I fifty five KRCD Talk Station. Hope you're heaven. I am very happy Friday. Glad it's Friday. It's been a great show this morning. Thanks for executive producer Joe's Tracker. Of course Tech Friday with Dave Hatter and Keith Destric's with the Bourbon Raffle. You got to get your Bourbon Raffle tickets. Vek Rama Swami, thank you, Ed, I appreciate it. And Congressman David Taylor follow by Welcome back to the fifty five KRSSEY Morning Show running from Mayor of the City of Cincinnati under the r Corey Bowman. Good to have you back on the program. Good to be back Brian Corey Bowman dot com. Check him out, help him out, get a sign, get us shirt, make a donation. It will be so wonderful having a change in political affiliation in the Mayor's office. Of course he's going to be running. I'm sure. I'm certain Corey's going to win the primary and off to the races against our current administration. It's been forty plus years since we've had a republic, and I think Corey, you've over the weeks, I've gotten to known you in the many times you've been on the program that get some good ideas for the city of Cincinnati. But before we get to some of that, and to talk about the event that's coming up, how is lunch with Christopher Smithman.
Speaker 9: That was a great lunch. Actually, it was actually my first time in Jim and Jacks and got to me a ton of amazing people and talk to the owners. We're actually excited to probably do an event there pretty.
Speaker 5: Soon as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're great people. I'm actually going to be a Jim and Jackson dining with Christopher today. We've promised to sit over a beer and talk some politics. So I'm looking forward to seeing the guys at Jim and Jackson. They're just super people. I think Christopher's got an office there, Corey, he spends so much time there. I don't know if he's got a cot in the back or what the story is.
Speaker 9: Oh, I know, I know he was introducing me to even the homeless people out in the streets. Man, he just knows everybody there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he does, he does.
Speaker 2: That's funny, Anniehow you've got an early voting event coming up. If I recall directly, Price will chilly next Tuesday, five pm.
Speaker 1: But I got that right.
Speaker 9: Yes, that's our early voting kickoff. You know, you said that you're fairly certain I will win the primary, but you know, nothing's certain. We have to get people out to vote. So April eighth is early voting start, and we're asking everybody to do everything you can to get out to the polls and get out to vote for our primary that ends on May sixth. But April it is going to be an awesome nun.
Speaker 2: It is, and it's an opportunity for folks to actually meet you, shake your hand, and talk face to face. I think, like I said, your message is a good one, and maybe get some people to help work on the campaign as a consequence of that event.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, We've spent a lot of the beginning stages of this campaign just meeting people. Because I've been in politics a grand total of about three months now, and so just meeting the right people just like Christopher and others. And I really feel like this early voting kickoff is going to be the start to the next phase of the campaign, and that's mobile people, getting all the volunteers the right information to get people out to vote.
Speaker 2: Well, one of the things that I really like about what you're planning on doing if elected mayor at least working toward it. I know you'll probably have an uphill battle given the likely makeup of Cincinnati City Council, but reducing the regulatory burden and moving the hell out of the way when it comes to people wanting to redevelop neighborhoods, individual building smaller you know, sort of flip type investors who can come and rehab one of those dilapidated buildings around, you know, in your area on the West End and turn it into a storefront or maybe livable space apartments. All of that can be done if city, if the city would just get the hell out of the way, right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Well, what I tell people is that's something we've had a front row seat to. That's not just a blanket statement that we're copy and pasted from a Republican website. That's something that we've experienced downtown firsthand. And I've talked with people, talk with local developers, and there's so many hungry investors and businesses and developers that can only do maybe one or two properties at a time, and sometimes the process can be just overwhelming for these people to where at the end of a year and a half, two years of trying to fight for the right zoning or the right construction paths, a lot of times they end up just giving up. And that shouldn't be the case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'm always reminded when I think about this. The other person I knew had just a front row experience of this was the late great Elmer Hensler, founder of Queen City Sausage. He did a major plan expansion and it took him forever. I mean, he's in an industrial area anyway. It's not like he's moving into some suburb and intruding on people's you know, view or landscape or something like that. This is just another extension which would create more which did create more jobs, generate more revenue for the city. I mean, it was he had to reach out. I'd like to reach out to to elected officials and have them check into why and the hell they were all standing in the way of this What is I mean, why would they want to in the way of something that is so beneficial for the city and something they profess to desire.
Speaker 9: Well, ultimately, you have to see yourself as are you a city official that's elected to support the vision of the residents or the vision of the entity of the city. And I think that you need to always take the residents' opinions and their dreams and their visions into account because what we're seeing right now, and this is what we're seeing with connected communities and a lot of these other policies, is that overall they have this ultimate vision that they want for these areas, and so they hold these properties kind of on standby until they can get all the ducks lined up in a row. But that's not how it should be. You know, the local developers', local businesses, the residents, the community councils, they should have the biggest impact in developing the businesses and the properties and their communities.
Speaker 2: Let's I tell you what, hang on for a minute. We'll just bring it back. Talk about a couple more issues. I want to talk about crime a little bit with Corey Bowman. He is running for mayor it price will Chili next Tuesday five to seven pm. Hear more about what Corey has to say, meet him in person, ask him a few questions. He's a very approachable guy and he'll be happy to do that. Eight thirty six will one more with Corey Bowman after these brief words.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC dot com. Thinking about buying your first home?
Speaker 2: Here's your Channel nine first win on the Voecanists lots of rain, showers heavy at times, and high of sixty four more showers than thunderforms overnight. Fifty nine seventy are high tomorrow with rain likely and heavy rain it's expected. They say, down to forty five overnight with more showers and a few storms than you finally get the end of the showers sometime during the day on Sunday. Also, the floodwatch ends on Sunday morning. Sunday's high will be fifty two. They say it's fifty three. Right down time for traffic.
Speaker 6: From the u see Health trampick sector. Don't let injuries slugg it down. The u see Health Orthopedic sand supports. Medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule the same day appointment at ucehealth dot com. Southbound seven five break lights through Lachlan northbound seventy five break lights out of Erlinger into the cut cruiser working with an injury accident on daily yet Godbreth as well as Belmont near Hamilton Avenue, chuck Ingramont fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey thirty nine.
Speaker 2: If you have KRCD talk station Barn Thomas with Corey Bowman, find one line at Corey Bowman dot com. Hey, before we get to public safety, which I know you're a big advocate of Corey, and I know you're also a big advocate of education and of course helping our children in the Cincinni public schools get better educated because I think some of the some of them are are being left behind demonstrably. So if you look at the test scores real quick. Citizen watchdog Todd Zenzer, who I know, you know he actually has facts, He has actual documents that support his analysis of things. He was a former Inspector General, so he doesn't just pull things from his sphincter and say them like so many other people. It was an interesting post that he had on his Facebook page that Joe Streckers saw and forwarded it to me that kind of chuckle like Joe did when he saw it. I know, you know about potholes. You've experienced the problems with potholes in the city. The roads are deteriorating all over. According to a presentation from the Sinsini Department of Public Service at the Budget and Finance Committee this past Monday, I believe it was March thirty first. Anyway, they say the city repaired thirty seven thousand potholes between January and the end of March. And as Todd pointed out doing the math, if the department worked five days a week, that means they fixed five hundred and seventy eight potholes a day. Do you buy that, Corey Bowman, Well, this.
Speaker 9: Isn't anything getst the workers that are trying to repair these potholes with what they have available to them. But yeah, that number kind of seems a little bit off to me.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, and I'll tell you what. Let's do.
Speaker 2: Let's say it's accurate. Doesn't that indicate And I know we've had a bad winter, but you know, we have roads that have been falling apart now for years and years, and they have not year after a year and I don't know how many years you can go back. They haven't met up with their obligation to fix a certain number of lane miles annually. So this to me, if there are that many potholes in three months, thirty seven thousand of they fixed, that seems to me partly partially a revelation of how far behind they have and taking care of infrastructure.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 9: Also in my mind too, if those numbers were correct, because we drive around the city all the time, you'd be seeing crews non stop outside fixing them, and you'd be seeing the roads kind of prepared. And last time I checked, even this last week driving around, these potholes are still out there in record numbers.
Speaker 2: All right, So rather than buy something new, Mayor Corey Bowman would concentrate on taking care of existing infrastructure. I think that's a safe statement.
Speaker 3: Isn't it.
Speaker 9: No, Absolutely, you have to just go forward with what's important to the citizens. And right now the study show you know, whenever you ask citizens what's most important to them, they say that it's crime and its infrastructure.
Speaker 2: Well, and I know crime, that's something I wanted to pivot to. Crime is a problem. I think the days of defund the police and the demonization of police are over. When you've got a city like Seattle reversing its policy and seeking to embrace and enhance its police department, you know those days are over. So I always thought we had a pretty good relationship with the since police department. I know there are some instances and sometimes when we've had bad officers, but that exists in every profession in this country. But the vast majority of the officers proudly wear the uniform and proudly serve the neighborhoods and communities they're in. I think the larger challenge here, Corey, and it may have a direct relationship with why education doesn't seem to be Our children seem to be failing in education. You know, it's the deterioration of the family. You, as a man of the cloth and as a family man yourself, know that to have you know, a children need to be taught, loved, cared for, and embraced at home. They need to have a strong family foundation. There need to be repercussions and discipline in the home. And I'm not talking about physical discipline. Parents didn't have to do that well a couple of times, but you know, it's an expectation at home that you're going to go to school, you're going to get the work done, and if you need help, you're going to get some help. There's just not enough of that out there. And I don't know that we can fix society's problems gangs running loose in the streets and looting stores and neighborhoods unless they have a found or strong family structure. I mean, can politicians can't change that though, can they?
Speaker 9: Well, you can encourage it, you know. I think that you know, with running for mayor, a lot of people might come in and just say, you know, I'm the savior of the city and I'm going to fix everything. Well, there's certain a lot of responsibilities to you as a mayor, and I think that, you know, politicians and city officials kind of need to realize that that the whatever you're charged to be over, that's what you need to do your best at. But I think one of the key things, especially as a mayor in that position, is you can set the standard of what you support, you know, as far as what you are openly and vocally supporting, and then their policies kind of reflect that. So, yes, there is a crime issue. Yes, it's really what we're going through. And as a pastor, we.
Speaker 3: See this it's a spiritual battle.
Speaker 9: This is a spiritual thing that's happening in our city to where we've got to get back to the roots of a family and structure and discipline. But when you see people that are trapped in areas to where like the West End, we're at eighty seven percent government subsidized housing. Realistically, what that means is that is that if a child grows up in that area a half mile one way and a half mile to the other, there is nobody that is above the poverty line. And so when you have policies that indicate that people are surrounded by poverties, surrounded by abuse, surrounded by crime, there's no way out for them. And so I'm all four policies that help lift people up. But when your policies are keeping people in bondage the rest of their life, and that includes with the family structure, that includes with job opportunities, that includes with having a home that people can call their own, our policies at the local level are not encouraging that at all. And that's what I would change, and people will vote.
Speaker 2: For me and you know, offer vocal support and encouragement, reach out to the community leaders, the ministers, the pastors, the priests, the rabbis, and maybe help coordinate a collective effort that isn't about race baiting and complaining and demanding more of this than that, but just collectively working together to better homes and communities and home LIFs.
Speaker 19: You know.
Speaker 2: I mean, and I think that that spirituality can help that. A lot we have gotten away from spirituality, as you might notice, and I really think that has a profound impact on the direction of society.
Speaker 9: Well, also in the downtown areas. A lot of people have been so afraid of pushing a spiritual aspect of this. And it's not about just cramming doctrine or cramming religion down your throat, no, but it's recognizing that church helps the community. It's recognizing that these personal convictions that people have through these relationships and through these established you know, community leaders, whether it be pastors or rabbis or priests, whatever that might be. We've been so afraid to talk about these things in our cities for the sake of offending people. But I think people are so fed up with how things are going to where I think they're willing to offend some people to be able to say, hey, what are the things that are actually going to help this city. What are the things that are actually going to help families.
Speaker 3: In this city?
Speaker 1: Amen to that, Corey Bowman dot com.
Speaker 2: Everybody's going to be over at the Pricel Chile next Tuesday, Westside Institution. It is, and it starts at five. You can help Corey out, learn more about him, and kick it off. Early voting begins, and it's important that we early vote. You've got to get out and vote.
Speaker 1: Corey.
Speaker 2: Best of luck with the event next Tuesday and off to the races from my perspective, and I.
Speaker 1: Hope you do a really good job.
Speaker 9: Thank you Brian so much.
Speaker 2: We'll talk again soon. My friend eight forty seven fifty five care CEV talk station. Don't go away me