Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go, here we go.
Speaker 2: Hit it.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 3: This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: He's right Ryan, Oh bye by we are back. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 4: Rob Ryan showed check it in on this tat Tuesday, Happy fat Tuesday.
Speaker 1: That would be I would translate to happy Marty Grass Everyone. All right, we've got some crazy weather coming through here today. So that's gonna be a bit of a story. And it's not just us, it's like the country.
Speaker 4: We're gonna be kind of moving things around in New Orleans for Marty Graus parades and go all the way up to New York. So weather's give you a kind of a easy thing to talk about today. Showers and windy and ninety percent chance of rain for us.
Speaker 1: Well, let's get caught up now. Rick going for with number two, fresh out of mad had to head challenge he won on Friday. He's had to wait a long weekend to come back and play man.
Speaker 4: We missed two big concert announcements yesterday. The Offspring coming to town. We'll hook you up with tickets in homeroom because.
Speaker 1: We love you the most.
Speaker 4: On the fun Fact flashback, We'll get you Offspring tickets before they go on sale.
Speaker 1: I've got floor tickets all week to.
Speaker 3: The Deptones, but i'll hook you up at seven to twenty.
Speaker 4: We also weren't around for the Bring Me the Horizon concert announcement yesterday. We'll have tickets for you at eight twenty. Don't worry, we'll catch you up on all this stuff. I got a Landry's all day ride pass for you. Of course, spring break just around the corner. They got that coming up early in the nine o'clock hour. I got Violent Femmes tickets for you.
Speaker 1: My six picks up the Listener's six picks from.
Speaker 4: Rodeo, the world famous barbecue cookoff. I know he sent me those pictures, so we'll see if child he's going.
Speaker 1: To get those up.
Speaker 4: Busy, busy, busy, busy busy. All right, let's get after it. Good morning, Alex.
Speaker 3: What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 1: Well, good morning, rode morning, home room.
Speaker 2: The stock market plummeted around eight hundred points yesterday after President Trump excuse me, announced a twenty five percent tariff on imports from Mexico and Canada would go into effect today.
Speaker 4: I really thought that this whole thing was posturing and I thought he was just going to wait till the last minute to pull the plug on it.
Speaker 3: But now he's going through with it.
Speaker 1: Hi, I was right there with you, man, I thought that too.
Speaker 2: Trump justified the move by emphasizing the need for manufacturing relocation to the US and cited insufficient Chinese action on fentanyl as a reason to increase tariffs on Chinese inputs to twenty percent. The Dow Jones Industrial average fell six hundred and forty nine points, erasing a large amount of the gains.
Speaker 4: Since President Trump's ell like, need some water. H Yeah, hold on a sec. Good, it gets water, all right. So I was talking about the weather. That's going to be nasty here. We have a ninety percent chance of showers. It's going to be windy. It's warm outside. But don't let that fool you because it's the wind and that's what's causing.
Speaker 3: Problems in New Orleans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where they're going to be moving around and even canceling some parades.
Speaker 1: Today it's Fat Tuesday, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they're being moved around and canceled due to the expectance of your rather all parades heiltered for Jefferson Parish have been canceled, and both the Zulu and Rex Parade are two of the biggest Martygot parades will be starting earlier than usual, so they're trying to get those in before all the weather gets to them. Forecast are predicting winds as high as sixty miles an hour across Louisiana and in departs of Mississippi. Houston area will also see some of that wind and rain as well.
Speaker 1: Just don't give us another director, all right, I'm gonna lose it. I will lose it, figure no one of those, or I lost my roof on.
Speaker 2: Australian man named James Harrison recently passed away at the age of eighty eight. He was known as the Golden Arm because of how much blood he donated. He had a rare antibody that's used to treat of disease in unborn babies, and he found out as a teenager. He donated every two weeks until he was eighty one years old. In total, he gave blood one and seventy three times and saved the lives of more than two point four million babies.
Speaker 1: Pretty insane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's headlining three things you must say you need to learn about this guy man. I learned about him this morning and I sent it over to you. I said, we got to talk about this dude, talk.
Speaker 1: To a guy.
Speaker 2: A world famous forensic pathologist named doctor Michael Baden thinks that actor Gene Hackman died from cardiac arrests and that his wife died trying to get him his medication, either by falling and hitting her head or suffering a cardiac event of her own. Doctor Baden suggests that the evidence from Hackman's pacemaker suggests he suffered a cardiac incident. And if you remember, his wife was found on their bathroom floor with a prescription bottle and pills spilled on the counter. It's like every day there's just something more sad that comes out with this whole story. The Offspring and as their Supercharged World Tour yesterday. It's gonna kick off tomorrow in Brazil. The tour will feature a star studded line up of special guests like Sublime, Rise Against The Warning, Simple Plan, Jimmy Eat World, and Newfound Glory on various dates.
Speaker 1: The toy is gonna stop in Houston on August twenty.
Speaker 2: Third, where they're gonna play the Woodlands with Jimmy World and Newfound Glory. Tickets go on sale this morning at ten am. This is a badass show.
Speaker 1: I mean a badass show, and I would argue that we got the best two bands. They're going with them, like fifteen year old Alex freaking Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Jimmy World, Newfound Glory and the Offspring come on, I'll see you there.
Speaker 1: August twenty third.
Speaker 4: Guys, it's looking like it's the best show of the summer so far. Absolutely, you know, it's looking like that's that's the one.
Speaker 1: Besides Buzzfest obviously, oh yeah, obviously buzz Host, but the best non Buzzfest show. All right, what's going on in sports?
Speaker 2: Rockets out of the Thunder last night, one thirty one, twenty eight. Tonight, they're gonna play the Pacers on the road. They're three and a half point underdogs heading into this one. Tip offs at six, and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. At spring training, the Astros gotta win. Yesterday they beat the Marlins five to three. They're gonna have a day off today before they play the Cardinals down in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in spots? Okay, let's go, guys, let's go.
Speaker 4: Four hours of Pain starts right now. First phone call we missed yesterday? Who has to get through on fat Tuesday? Who wants the first phone call today? Seven one three, two one two five nine four five operators? And by that I mean Chili is standing by to take that call. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go, ninety four or five the buzz.
Speaker 4: Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Wakey, Wakey, hands off those cup Cakey's Happy, Marty gra everyone Tat Tuesday opening day of the Rodeo huh Riva McIntyre tonight, somebody said, I'm gonna have to go look up the number. I couldn't believe it when I heard it. I said, it's her twentieth time to play.
Speaker 1: I had something like that. I'm like, what, I nurse, she's been around. Good morning, guys.
Speaker 4: Listen, we're gonna be extremely big today. We got to do some catching up if we weren't here yesterday. I've already mentioned those two huge concert announcements yesterday, so we're all over it with win them before they go on sale. We're going to talk about that Offspring show. I'm excited about it. I mean everyone's excited about that Offspring show. We're gonna hook you up at Homebrook. We didn't want to wait any longer to give away those tickets today, so Offspring on the Fun Fact Flashback. We'll get into the dates and everything and then bring me the horizon was announced yesterday. We were supposed to announce both of those shows, and uh, well you know we yeah, we weren't here, but we told you we weren't going.
Speaker 1: To be here. But we made it back today.
Speaker 4: We got a short week together, but boy, we're gonna cram a lot of stuff in there. I do have my six picks from the weekend. I was at Marty Grass in New Orleans. Had beautiful weather out there, and I know you guys had beautiful weather here.
Speaker 1: That dude, Daniel is the one that said he would be our guy to go to the Rodeo Cookoff.
Speaker 4: And he made like a Rod Ryan Show sign and took it away and took pictures with like he really like we chose the right guy to be at the cookoff this weekend. I mean, he really took this assignment seriously. Did the artwork did all that stuff. So his pictures I see minor up his are up. We are often running with tech Tuesday. Everything Links and Guests is already packed.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: The weather's going to be a big story today Dallas. Daniel said he already had some wicked weather come through Dallas. We have ninety percent chants of showers. It was raining when I got here this morning at about four. Little left for four o'clock showers. Windy, Okay, your little windshime neighbor, better check those wind chimes. I know you deal with somebody that's close close to you. It's gonna be windy today, but it's warm. It's unseasonably warm. We're gonna be in the seventies. I think we're in the seventies right now. So weather's going to be a big thing. You already talked about how it's going to be affecting Marty Grat in New Orleans. It's gonna be affecting all of us, and it's going to sweep all the way up the country. So there's lots to talk about today on the show. There's a poll question up on the X, lots of stuff on Links and Guests, and then we got people calling.
Speaker 5: It's not time for the first phone.
Speaker 1: Good morning rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 4: Who's on the phone here, Sammy, Good morning, Sammy, Good morning guy.
Speaker 1: How are you. I'm great now that you guys are back.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we are back.
Speaker 1: We are back. Yeah, we have happy Marty grad to you. You know what we did.
Speaker 3: We worked. We get MLK day off.
Speaker 4: I think we worked that day, so we banked it because I knew I was going to be staying an extra.
Speaker 1: Day in your films today. That's really what it was.
Speaker 3: Oh that is yeah.
Speaker 1: I was we were gonna use that for super Bowl Day, weren't we the day after the super Bowl? We're gonna use it. Damn Okay, wait to bring that up. Sammy, how are you? What do you? What are you going?
Speaker 6: On the line, I am, I am great.
Speaker 1: On my way to work, but I literally wake up. We get in the car, we try you guys on. We started a morning with you guys, and my time is based on your timeline. So I missed you guys. You're not there in the morning if my days are off. Yeah, the homeroom is runs like a clock homeroom, Like people will tell me, look when hell's on, I need to be under this bridge right here.
Speaker 4: Otherwise I'm gonna be late or when you guys are doing fresh out of bed head to head, I need to be right here. Yeah, I know that it does really throw people off. I get I get emails every time we are off on Monday. I get emails saying, dude, homeroom, I I need you guys like you're you're my clock?
Speaker 1: Who who's we send? Enjoy? You guys are okay? So what's your what's your husband's name?
Speaker 3: All right? Sammy and Eddie?
Speaker 4: So cute Sammy and Eddie. All right, you guys are awesome. Thank you so much. Have a great day, you guys some good day. Thank you so much for starting your morning. That's everybody. Thank you for starting your morning with us. We have a rerec check coming up. I imagine those are gonna suck today just because of the weather blows. Keep us up to date on what the weather is like where you guys are at, so you can send me emails or you hit us up on the X and all that stuff. Ways were getting ahold of us, and we'll we'll keep an eye on things over here. We'll find out what's trending and then we'll get set up for the fresh out of bed heads.
Speaker 7: Ahead of us Rock and all Tearing Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 5: I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome.
Speaker 3: Back, Ryan Show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's homeroom. This is where we're supposed to be at this time. Are you where you are supposed to be at this time? It's six point twenty Payola, Paola, She says, I'm the same way as that first phone caller, Rod. I know if I'm still doing my hair when you guys start fresh out of bed, then I'm already know I'm gonna be.
Speaker 1: Late for work. All right.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you guys are back. Don't ever leave us. Love you all, love you back. Mean it when I say it. And wicked weather today, Okay, nasty, ninety percent chance of rain, showers, windy.
Speaker 1: The wind is going to be one of the things that we talk about a lot today.
Speaker 4: Hi, today of around seventy five, Let's find out what's trending out there. Some of the stuff we do have on linksin guests. Yeah, we have Dolly Parton's husband.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Carl Dean passed away at the age of eighty one.
Speaker 1: I did not know Dolly Harden was married.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of people are going to find out today that she was married same dude since she was eighteen years old.
Speaker 1: And nearly sixty years they've been married. She was eighteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then know that, Oh he did not want to be in the spotlight. There's maybe ten pictures of him in the sixty years they were married. He did not go on red carpets with her. He did not do any of that stuff.
Speaker 1: Think about all the young out and just chilled all the time. Yeah, what being rich. He was on the couch. He was on the couch with the dogs.
Speaker 4: What a life, What a life? Philing then boom, he's just motor boating Dolly for sixty years.
Speaker 1: Rip Carl Dean and condolences to Dolly. I'm sure she's going through now.
Speaker 2: Rodeo Houston also trending this morning is opening night at the Rodeo and Reba McIntyre is going to play her twentieth Rodeo.
Speaker 1: What is your favorite Reba McIntyre song?
Speaker 3: Fancy you didn't think I knew one?
Speaker 1: Mine's this kiss? This Kiss?
Speaker 7: Yeah it is?
Speaker 1: It was originally hers? Was it?
Speaker 4: Riabam MacIntire has a long and storied history with the Rodeo Houston. Her twenty twenty five appearance will mark her twentieth performance at the Rodeo. She was the first woman inducted into the Rodeo Houston's Star Trail of Fame in seven.
Speaker 1: As she should have done. Wow, that's TV show too.
Speaker 4: She kind of looks like a cartoon. Yeah, she's got a Mickey Mouse smile and she's a.
Speaker 1: Judge on the voice. Yes, nailed nailed it.
Speaker 2: Sever your tea storm warning also trending in Texas.
Speaker 1: Tea storm is short for thunderstorm. Case you're wondering, we're expecting to get some weather today, but it looks like it should clear up by the end of like the night, Like by night fall. It looks like things should start getting a little bit better here.
Speaker 4: I think we're gonna have a couple of hours where it's kind of wild, maybe like eight to ten could be wild around.
Speaker 1: Here, and then I think we're gonna be okay in the clear.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so batting down the hatches and if you're in Louisiana listening to us, make sure you get to those parades early.
Speaker 1: That's what's training on Nighty by the Buzz good more than everybody in the slick rate. You're one day hit the head first out of bid champions, your fresh out of bed hits a head one day champion. Just because I know what an upside down pineapple is. That doesn't make me a swinger. I guess that's the end of the speed. That's all I need to say. All right, I know that he does a swinger, Rick, I know that he did more on that speech, but you know the gremlins got in there and shut it off. Okay, maybe you are a swinger and you want to call and take him out because he's arguing against swinger.
Speaker 4: He's going for win number two. He says he's not a swinger, and he sounds like a happy Big D. Remember we heard from Big D on open phones after that.
Speaker 1: He's got a big D vibe about him. Seven one three, two two five If you want to take him off.
Speaker 5: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four.
Speaker 1: Service ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Lenny Kravit, some Flyaway, rod Ryan's Show, Good Morning Home Room. Good to have you guys back online. Good I mean, it's good for us to be back on Live with you this morning. Ninety percent chance of showers and thunderstorms and wind today, hike.
Speaker 3: Today of around seventy five.
Speaker 1: Let's play a game.
Speaker 8: And now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 1: Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 3: Not a swinger, but willing to learn.
Speaker 1: Rick, Good morning, Rick, good morning, Good morning. How y'all doing great.
Speaker 4: I don't know what happened to the rest of your victory speech, but it was awesome. And that's just the way it works around here. So you're going for win number two today.
Speaker 1: Correct sir?
Speaker 4: Okay, Bro taking on Ruben. We got Rick and Ruben. That's Alex's paper producer, Rick Rubin Ruben, good morning, Good morning, Rub's welcome back.
Speaker 1: You a swinger, Ruben, No, not Bro, You're in a safe space. Okay, Yeah, most swingers are married. You have to be. I think the swing you need to be married. Yeah. Maybe, yeah, I don't know, unless you're just that wild third wheeler all the time. All right, Ruben, this started out weird. Ruben, did not have to ask you. Good to have you on? Ruben.
Speaker 3: You've played before?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 9: Buffalo Bill.
Speaker 1: You played against Buffalo Bill. That means years ago you played.
Speaker 4: Yes, Oh my god, yeah, he got into the well and hasn't been out in a long time. I know he's still an I see him on Facebook from time to time. He checks in. I don't know what his schedule is like. He just isn't up early in the morning with us anymore.
Speaker 1: All right, well, yeah he played one of the old time did you beat Buffalo Bill? No?
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, Ruben, you got to take on Rick Rick, Ruben, Rubin, Rick, shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 1: What you are playing for is a rod Ryan show t shirt this morning.
Speaker 4: Here we go. There's the dramatic music. Now that means I'm about to ask questions. Now, you don't yell out answers. You just yell out your name. We're listening for Rick and Ruben, please or Ruben and Rick. Wait for me to call on you to give me the correct answer.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Question number one on take me out to the ballgame? What does the singer want you to buy the.
Speaker 1: Rick?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would have ac sected peanuts or crab or both. That's a correct answer, slick.
Speaker 7: Rick.
Speaker 3: Not a swinger on the board.
Speaker 1: Definitely not a swinger.
Speaker 4: Sounds like something a swinger would say.
Speaker 3: A swinger would say, I'm definitely not.
Speaker 1: A swinger as he's laying as red mulch.
Speaker 3: All right, Rick's on the board.
Speaker 4: Ruben quicker, Okay, Ruben quicker. All right, here we go, Ruben and Rick. Question number two. Okay, this is like a real question, thanks Nicole. What metal is the statue of Liberty made out of?
Speaker 1: Rick Copper? Smart man? Yeah, it has, it has patina over the year, and that's why it's got that green color to it. Yeah, Cumber, Okay, we go, Rick swing so he meets all his clients till he meets everybody out there plumbing. All right, Ruben, So good to have you back on. Dude. We gotta get appreciated, appreciate it.
Speaker 4: We gotta get you squared away again, like we got to get you back on. I think you just needed to knock the rust off of your pipes. I need you to call back and get back in and play again. All right, don't wait a couple of years.
Speaker 1: Thank you, we'll do.
Speaker 8: We'll do.
Speaker 7: Thank you, guys.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Ruben.
Speaker 3: Rick, he was slow. I don't know if you're any good. He was terrible.
Speaker 1: A dude, Okay, Chili would have won that game.
Speaker 4: You want to play tomorrow. All right, bro, I will make sure I get a good victory speech for you.
Speaker 6: Next.
Speaker 1: Hang on rod Ryan Show, alright on four or five the buzz, Good morning rod Ryan's Show. That's Pop a Roach of course. You know the Rise of the Roach tour is they will triumphantly return from the European leg. Then they'll come over here.
Speaker 4: And I think Houston is gonna be the very first show after they've played these big, big arenas overseas.
Speaker 1: Tickets are available.
Speaker 10: Rise of the Roach, that means Rise against is on the bill under oath is on the bill, and it is March twentieth.
Speaker 1: Tickets are available. That's Flat Nations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's a Toyda Center. You buy your tickets at to Toyta Center website. Showers, windy, rain, stanky outside. That's what's happening out there. Man, Please be careful out on the roads.
Speaker 1: The fresh out of bed head to head Challenge. Here's your current champion. Bring them. Good morning everybody who's a slick rick. Yes I am a plumber.
Speaker 11: No I'm not a swinger already.
Speaker 9: What I am is your fresh out of bed heads ahead two day champions two quests answers.
Speaker 1: Joining me on Wednesday when I make it winning number three.
Speaker 4: But just I never thought I would feel the way that I do when only two questions are used. Now I am so here for that.
Speaker 1: I love it. But Nicole's been doing a great job hooking me up with all these great questions. All right, homeroom, when we say we love you the most, don't like you spreading it to the other hours, But I do. I love you the most because you're early with us.
Speaker 4: There's just like it's just like at this weird early morning fraternity. So that's why I'm gonna give you the offspring tickets the Supercharged Worldwide in twenty five tour. I'm gonna tell you all about it coming up on the fun Fact flashback.
Speaker 1: But I brought some new stuff in. It's the fuck that's to the day, Good ones, we make you look smart and funny. Here, buddies, it's the fuck that's to the day.
Speaker 4: All right, here's the new fun acts for you guys to think about. When uh, I don't know that I've ever heard this before. When Titanic was filming, everybody knows James Cameron made that movie, of course, so he and about fifty other cast and crew members. I don't know how Leo was and everyone else but James Cameron was in on it, and fifty other cast and crew members.
Speaker 3: They were all hospitalized.
Speaker 4: Someone spiked the lobster chowder they were eating with PCP.
Speaker 1: The person who did it was never ever caught. Somebody spiked chowder, get some drugs, like Okay, not cool man, no woman, I mean Kate Winslow. Let's not rule her out. I hope it wasn't Kate.
Speaker 4: Now, I've I've mentioned this Loki several times. I know when you guys go to Vegas, you just go and party balls. If you could, ever, ever, ever get up early one day and get out to the Hoover Dam, it is unbelievable. It's a spectacular thing to see.
Speaker 3: There were one hundred and.
Speaker 4: Twelve deaths associated with the construction of the Hoover Dam. The second person and the last person to die were father and son.
Speaker 3: That is, who make a movie.
Speaker 1: It was exactly thirteen years apart.
Speaker 4: The dad drowned on December twentieth, nineteen twenty nineteen twenty two. His son fell off a tower December twentieth, nineteen thirty five, Like thirteen years to the day wild Okay.
Speaker 1: Finally, let's do something nicer. Motel six will leave the light on for you, right. Motel six got its name.
Speaker 4: Because it originally charged six dollars per night when it opened in nineteen sixty two.
Speaker 1: That's neat. I thought it was neat. It's got fun. Back to the day we heard we make you look smart your bodies. It's the fun.
Speaker 7: Back to the.
Speaker 4: Day Offspring, Jimmy Eat World and Newfound Glory.
Speaker 1: You gotta giggle a little bit. It's so fun.
Speaker 10: August twenty third, Woodlands Pavilion tickets go and sale this Friday at ten am ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 1: Of course, you can win them from us. It's your fun back.
Speaker 4: Back back on Friday. It was February when we were here last. It was February twenty eight month ago. Yeah, it was February twenty eighth. We told you that there are about two billion of these in the United States of America.
Speaker 3: I need to know what it is.
Speaker 4: I'm sure there's more than I'm sure there's more things that are two billion, But specifically, on Friday, we learned there are about two billion of these in the US seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: It's now time for rock out with your stock. Out with Captain Cash. Captain Cash. He's probably trying to call in. He loves the offspring. Hey, how brother Rod, Good morning dude.
Speaker 3: Okay, I want to get right into it, just because.
Speaker 1: The tariffs wild day on Wall Street yesterday. Alex is even talking about it in Houston's headlines. What happened?
Speaker 6: Wow, not a good day for stock.
Speaker 12: The now down six hundred and forty nine points, pick off the point forty three thousand and one ninety one, nazdack down four hundred and ninety seven points to eighteen.
Speaker 6: Thousand, three fifty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks Martin.
Speaker 6: Your treasury is trading at a four point one four percent in oil stands at sixty seven dollars thirty seven cents of barrel. So the most active is the big studs. There were a few Verizon, Coca Cola and Murk, the big doves, Navidia, Chevron and Caterpillar. The economic caundar this morning. It's all clear right now, future as you guessed it on the down. Sorry, come on, let's turn this baby around. That did I'm out of here. This is Howlin managed to direct with Ramy James porter for The Ride Ryan Show, from Arimony James Soun, Sam Filippina Synde always.
Speaker 5: Rock out with your stockapp Opimian's expressed are those of Howland and not necessarily those are Raymond James Associates, Income Ever NYC, AS, IBC, I ART Radio or A sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance trans mention. We'll continue.
Speaker 1: This is not a.
Speaker 5: Solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell.
Speaker 1: Any security referred to.
Speaker 5: Your program is for an educational and informational services on the Studs of dods are based on movement as reported.
Speaker 1: By YAH ninety four or five the bus. Welcome back, Rod Ryan Show. Good morning. Who's this? This is Leeddy, Hi Letty. How are you?
Speaker 11: I'm doing good.
Speaker 1: How are y'all great? What part of the city? How are you in right now?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 1: I'm in greens Point. How's the weather? It's clear right now? Clear? Good? Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's gonna be quite as bad as they thought. I mean, yeah, we got some showers expected, but I'm hoping for the best. I think we're gonna have to deal with a little bit of win today. Let's get you some tickets here, Okay, Letty, there are about two billion of these in the United States of America.
Speaker 1: Very specific. What am I looking for?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is about seven parking spots per car in the US.
Speaker 1: You can, I know saying you are the winner. You got Offspring tickets before they go on sale this Friday. Yes, thank you.
Speaker 4: Alex and I were saying this might right now outside of Buzzfest. This is the show of the summer. It's Offspring, Jimmy Eat World and Newfound Glory. Letty, you're in man.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be awesome. Thank you so much. Oh my god, it's gonna be so great. All right, thanks for being a part of homeroom. You're awesome.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Have a great day.
Speaker 3: Alex is standing by.
Speaker 1: He's got Houston's headlines with people an eye on this weather for you who've a stag crawling in the dark. Ninety four or five The Buzz ninety four or five Buzz the Stack, rod Ryan Shump.
Speaker 4: Tab Tuesday, Happy Marty Gras everybody, It's Fat Tuesday today.
Speaker 1: Get all that partying out of your system. Ash Wednesday tomorrow. People running around with the ashes on their foreheads.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Mark Wahlberg running around with Ashley's. Mark Wahlberg is always always the guy that I look for on ash Wednesday.
Speaker 1: He's the first guy out there with the with the ash And it's a big day for a people named Ashley as well.
Speaker 4: Ashley's Ash Ashley Wednesday. Maybe ninety chance of showers. I don't know that I'm seeing that. Let me take a look here. I'm trying to like track it hourly, like I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: Like look at things that I have no idea about. Rod Ryan, I just see, I see lot.
Speaker 4: We got a thirty percent chance, thirty six percent chance of rain at ten.
Speaker 3: Guys, tonight, We're good.
Speaker 4: I can telling you this thing is gonna it's gonna sweep through and then boom, no rain tonight, No rain tonight, clear skies. We just got to get through the next couple of hours and then we're dealing with about twenty mile an hour wins.
Speaker 1: But that's kind of wreaking havoc everywhere. Let's go old, what are we doing next?
Speaker 4: Hollur next hour floor tickets kidding me to go see the depthtnes in Mars Volta March sixteenth, Toya second.
Speaker 3: Alex Houston's headlines, Please well.
Speaker 1: Good morning, ride, good morning home rooms.
Speaker 2: Dot market plummeted around eight hundred points yesterday after President Trump announced that twenty five percent tariffs on inputs from Mexico and Canada would go into effect today. Trump justified the move by emphasizing the need for manufacturing relocation to the US and cited insufficient Chinese action on fentanyl as a reason to increase tariffs on Chinese inputs to twenty percent. The Dad Jones industrial average fell six and forty nine points, erasing a large amount of the gains since President Trump election. President Donald Trump also ordered a suspension of all US military aids to Ukraine yesterday, following the contentious meeting with Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelensky on Friday. The decision effects not only future aid but also military equipment currently and transit, including shipments in Poland.
Speaker 1: That are awaiting delivery to the Ukraine.
Speaker 2: A White House official told ABC News that President Trump is focused on peace. The President's going to hold a joint session of Congress tonight at eight pm our time.
Speaker 1: Do you pee in the shower?
Speaker 2: Because if you do, don't be ashamed because over eighty percent of people admit to doing it, and those are just the people that are being honest, because everybody does it.
Speaker 4: It is over eighty percent of our audience right now. This is actually our poll question on the X, So it's like daily, regularly, occasionally, or never. Sixteen percent of our audience never peas in the shower.
Speaker 1: They're lying. A few percent of our audience are.
Speaker 4: Liars occasionally, thirty five percent regularly, nineteen percent daily, twenty eight percent be an everyday guy.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm not being every day regular.
Speaker 1: I don't plan too. It's like when you go, you just go. The water's going, watches it at its sterile, it's all going to the same spot. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So men are more likely to admit to doing it, Okay, Women and younger adults are more likely to say that they do it than older adult adults.
Speaker 1: But I feel like we're all just saying we do it.
Speaker 4: The thing about doing a poll question on the X, there's no way to trace who.
Speaker 3: Voted, so it's completely anonymous.
Speaker 1: If you're saying you don't, just know that we know you're lying.
Speaker 4: I believe there are people that absolutely don't. I don't believe I don't not be in the shower. I do not believe that at all. But go vote on our pole question at rod Ryan Shohan X.
Speaker 2: Dolly Parton's husband, Carl Dean, passed away yesterday at the age of eighty two. He and Dolly met over sixty years ago, and it had been married for fifty eight years. Dolly released a statement that said, quote, Carl and I spent many wonderful years together. Words can't do justice to the love that we shared for over sixty years.
Speaker 1: Thank you for your and sympathy.
Speaker 2: And then Dolly met Carl outside of a laundromat the day she moved to Nashville in nineteen sixty four.
Speaker 1: She was eighteen years old.
Speaker 3: He locked it down.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They got married two years later and have been together ever since.
Speaker 1: The real sad news there was always you didn't know she was married. I did not know that. There's a lot of people that didn't know she was married. She didn't seem like she needed a man. Never read, carpeted with him, never did any appearances.
Speaker 3: He just wasn't around. He did not want the spotlight.
Speaker 4: What made it worse is she had all that duets with Kenny Rogers and movies with Burt Reynolds. Everybody just assumed they were banging. That's yeah, you know, because there was no dude around. But there was a dude at home. Every day there was a dude there. He just didn't want to be in the spotlight.
Speaker 1: He was just comfortable being who he was.
Speaker 2: Bring Me the Horizon fans need to start making their fall plans because the band announced their US ascension to her yesterday. It'll start or September twenty third in Raleigh, North Carolina, and it's going to feature special guests Motionless and White and The Plot in You and Amira Elfhakey. The tour is gonna stop in Houston on September twenty sixth, where they're gonna play at Toyota Center. Tickets go on sale Friday at ten am, but pre sale tickets go on sale this.
Speaker 1: Morning at ten Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: This is pretty interesting, you know.
Speaker 4: There's a shared audience between Bring Me the Horizon, Offspring, Jimmy E World, Newfound Glory. Both shows going on sale at ten am Friday.
Speaker 1: Just take all our money. My pre sale today at ten if you want to fail. Yeah, your wallets are hurting this Friday wallets or or winning them from us. There you go, that's the that's the way to go.
Speaker 4: Already gave away Offspring tickets and homeroom, but I'll have bring me the Horizon.
Speaker 1: Tickets before they go on sale. We'll hook you up at eight twenty this morning.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go sports rockets out of the thunder last night one thirty seven. At one twenty eight tonight, they're gonna put the Pacers on the road coming into this game at a three and a half point underdogs. Tip Off is at six, and you can hear the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety down at spring training. The Astros got to win yesterday. They beat the Marlins five to three. They'll have a day off today before they play the Cardinals tomorrow down in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Speaker 1: That if it's going on in sports, all right, Okay.
Speaker 4: Guys, next hour, more tickets to see the Deaf Tones at around seven twenty.
Speaker 1: Sit tight.
Speaker 4: If you haven't checked out my six picks or the dude that was our like roving photographer out there at the barbecue. He did a great job on his pictures. Make sure you hit this up on the world famous.
Speaker 7: Houston's Rock and Alternatives, The.
Speaker 5: Rod Rock The Morning Show six to ten am ninety four or five buzz.
Speaker 4: Go ninety four five the Bus Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. Early Bird gets the Offspring tickets. It means I alread gave him away today. Yesterday the Offspring announced what a show Man super Cher Worldwide in twenty twenty five tour, Jimmy Eat World and Newfound Glory.
Speaker 1: There's some revolving bands on this thing, Alex.
Speaker 4: You said that we got the best of what was available out there, and there's a bunch of bands that they're going to take out on tour, and we get JEW and NFG. August twenty third, Woodlands Pavilion tickets go on sale this Friday at ten am ticketmaster dot Com. This time tomorrow, we'll be talking about giving you Offspring tickets. But when we came back, we were off yesterday when the announcement happened, we gave them away in homeroom.
Speaker 1: So you got to get up early with us. Okay, join us for that first hour.
Speaker 4: Now you didn't miss out out a whole lot, because I got floor tickets to see the depthtones Mars Volta opening up March sixteenth.
Speaker 1: This show is just around the corner at the Toyota Center. This is a sold out show and we're giving away tickets on the floor. So the only way to get into this show is by winning tickets from us. Good luck, it's going to be a good one. Weather.
Speaker 4: They're saying ninety percent chance that you're gonna see some sort of rain this morning. Okay, some of us, it could turn a little severe. There's some wind mixed into this. It's gonna stay windy in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: But by the time.
Speaker 4: Supper time rolls around and Reba McIntyre is thinking about going up on stage, Yeah, we're gonna be fine around here.
Speaker 1: There's no rain tonight. So we just got to kind of get.
Speaker 4: Through this pesky thing that's happening here in the morning.
Speaker 3: So they're just saying, you know, there's possibly severe.
Speaker 4: In a couple of areas. There's gonna be some just some areas, so you just gotta be uh, I don't know what you gotta do, just.
Speaker 1: Gotta be careful. I guess I just gotta watch out. Okay.
Speaker 4: On a slovel this guy, this guy that said.
Speaker 1: That he was going to take pictures for us at the barbecue.
Speaker 4: He went all out. He went completely all out. Now, did Chill you end up going? I know you said that you were down for the weekend. You had the kid and you weren't doing it.
Speaker 1: Chili had a couple of wristbands and on Friday he was already telling us.
Speaker 4: He was already telling us he was tired before the weekend hit. He told us he was a little tired. Did you end up going to the World Championship Barbecue Cookoff?
Speaker 11: You know, like my friend Alex, I had the kids too.
Speaker 9: I had to watch over the dogs and stuff soft.
Speaker 1: Out there, So no no cook off for you. No.
Speaker 9: I thought about going both Saturday too. It was perfect too, and I was like, you know what, beautiful weather. I was like, I'm gonna make it out there. But then I was like, I'm going to leave that for the young kids.
Speaker 4: Well this, yeah, you gotta be a little impressed with these pictures.
Speaker 11: Why do you think I put them on?
Speaker 1: This guy?
Speaker 11: Hear me complaining at all.
Speaker 4: Daniel was the guy that said, bro, I'm going don't worry about Chili. I'll take the pictures, Okay, I said, Okay, I don't know this guy.
Speaker 1: I don't know this guy. He just said, don't worry, I'll take pictures for you. Wow, here he goes.
Speaker 4: He goes, Rod, I'd like to start off by saying it was a great time. My family and I had a ton of fun. I'm sorry, I'm not a professional photographer, but I hope these photos are good for you guys. Also, thanks to Hartman Welding, Scott Hartman and the entire Renegades Cooking team for having us. They celebrated twenty five years this year and I couldn't have done anything without them. So he made this like Rob Ryan's show artwork looks like it's in a frame, and he took it around everywhere. All right, this guy took it everywhere. So he sends a bunch of pictures and he goes, here's my next segment. This guy's a pro, he said, if you attend the Cookoff the last couple of years, you know that the Jack Daniels ten is always a great stop. However, this year they were not there and their spot got taken over by Texas Chrome Heroes Foundation.
Speaker 3: He even gave us a link.
Speaker 1: They were super lovely.
Speaker 4: They were willing to go the extra mile for the photo, and they helped veterans and first responders with PTSD and an entire list of other things that they always love a good veteran and first responder organization. Oh he's an art better than himself, he goes. I wish I had more details, but I did list their website. Anything for our guys up front is a great thing. So they were into getting the photos done. He said, there was a great bunch of people over there, and yeah, so he's an army vet.
Speaker 3: He's got some great pictures.
Speaker 4: But taking around that sign with the rod Ryan Show logo, and he did some really good artwork on I don't know if he did it or someone else did it, but he really like put in his work and you can see he was there during the day and then when it got dark outside, that guy was there partying. And all the pictures are up. So dude, I mean a plot like Ralphie A plus plus plus plus plus on listener Daniels Houston Livestock showing rodeo barbecue cookoff pictures. They are they are spectacular, Yes they are, they are. Yeah, he went over, he went above and beyond the six picks.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 9: I'm glad somebody had got the assignment, understood the assignment and just killed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah he did.
Speaker 11: He's like a teacher spade right now because he killed it.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: Those pictures are along. I've got six picks up. Those are all on links and guests too.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 1: And I also I also gave people a sneak peek.
Speaker 4: I also put some up on our Instagram at rod Ryan Show. And there's a couple of like videos that I took that that are on our Instagram. So at rod Ryan Show if you want to see some Marti Gras pictures from New Orleans on the flip got a wreck check for you will find out what's trending, and then we will get to flord Now I got I know you're there. Depthtnes one of your all time favorite bands. Yeah, are you pulling Old Man River with twenty five dogs on me?
Speaker 3: Or are you going to see the Depthtnes?
Speaker 11: If I have to get a wheelchair, I'm gonna be there, he says that. He says that, now I'm gonna have to borrow wheelchair.
Speaker 4: All right, I know they're one of your favorites. Yeah, we got these floor tickets for you. Coming up after the break.
Speaker 1: Don't go Anywhere, Rock and Alternative to The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 7: Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: The buzz I got a great ticket coming your way. Don't go anywhere. Hung in there this long, Stay there, stay there. Yeah, we're in that weird. I don't think they know what's happening. I'm gonna go with ninety percent chance of shours.
Speaker 4: That means we're gonna get it at some point. Some of you may be a little severe. The wind is what people are worried about. Highs today of around seventy fox can be clear tonight, clear, nice outside, a little bit of wind.
Speaker 1: Beautiful. Reva McIntyre making her twentieth appearance at the Rodeo. I blew my mind this morning reading that. All Right, what do you got trending over there?
Speaker 2: Speaking of RIBA Rodeo, Houston continues to trend this morning. It is opening night of the Rodeo, and this is not Riva's first rodeo. I'm sure that some news station's going to say that, right, I'm sure. But yeah, she'll be opening up the best city tonight. I know that in a couple hours. That's when, like the opening parade happens. So I think the first so many people.
Speaker 1: Get in today get a rodeo belt buckle that looked kind of cool.
Speaker 4: Is that like the Astros when you get in there for the first couple of people or whatever, it's a cool looking belt buckle.
Speaker 1: I need to get a belt. You can hold a buckle if I want to get one. You're not a belt guy. Not a belt buckle guy. I wear a belt every day, got me too, That's the only way to wear a pant.
Speaker 4: But yeah, but you're right, I don't have the kind of belt that you can swap out the buckle.
Speaker 1: When I was in school, I had one that had like turntables on it. Looking back, I cringe when I see pictures everywhere in that. But a belt buckle guy. I had a kiss belt buckle when I was a little kid. It's pretty sick. I was dope. I also had a bottle o throw on one that was also pretty cool.
Speaker 4: But the Dina have the flask, Yes, yes, she did have the Dinah had a flask belt buckle. She thought it was the coolest thing in the world. It's like everybody's like she just thought.
Speaker 1: She was like the one alcoholic. Yeah, She's nugget into a buzzfest. It worked, It did work. Marti Gras twenty twenty five is also trending.
Speaker 2: Today is Fat Tuesday, and a lot of Marti Gras parades have been either canned or moved up because.
Speaker 1: Of the severe weather that you were just talking about.
Speaker 4: I did some parading this weekend. Make sure you go and check out my sixt my six picks. Yeah, Pirates of the Quarter, dot COM's, my Buddy's Us, my Buddy's Tour Group.
Speaker 2: Stock market is also trending. That's fun, and by fund I mean not fun. The stock market plummeted by eight hundred points yesterday after Trump and ounced tariffs would go into effect today on Mexican and Canadian imports. He also implemented a twenty percent tax on Chinese imports as well.
Speaker 1: But this is trending. On ninety four five the buzz, we.
Speaker 3: Got that pits on, but we don't have anything for the floor.
Speaker 1: The floor. I was in it the floor.
Speaker 4: I got floor tickets to the sold out Depthtone show.
Speaker 1: That's why all these phones are smoking right now. These phones are smoking. Mars Volta depthtnes March sixteenth, Toyota Center, the.
Speaker 4: Only way to get into this show is right now three two, one, two five, nine four five. I'll take caller number ten.
Speaker 5: The rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz. We were talking about the Rise of the Roach tour, Rise Against popa Roach. Tickets are still available.
Speaker 4: That's a Toyota Center show, so you go to the Toyota Center website to buy those tickets. Deafth Tones also, it seems like a lot of shows you're coming through the Toyota Center right now. March sixteenth, deaf Tones and Mars Volta sold out.
Speaker 1: We have tickets. I were tickets right here. Chilie wants them. Can't have them? Come on, can'.
Speaker 11: Haven nice guy, you can't have them.
Speaker 1: I don't trust them. He's all talk.
Speaker 4: It's like I'm gonna go. I'm gonna I'm gonna go, and then Dave the show hits.
Speaker 1: I'm not going.
Speaker 4: So I'm looking for somebody to give away tickets on the floor. This is the only way you're getting into this show now. Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning. Hello, who's this Lauren? Let me tell you what I'm not gonna put up with. Aren't you glad you called listen.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna put up with somebody winning tickets and then the last minute.
Speaker 3: Saying, oh, I don't feel like going.
Speaker 7: Oh, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 4: Oh well, then I don't have that type of person on the phone.
Speaker 1: Then I'm gonna give you the tickets. You're in. Really, yeah, you're on the floor for the Depth Tones, sold out show. You're in.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I've never won anything before in my life on the radio home.
Speaker 1: On That Is Today. There's been a lot of that going around lately. That's cool.
Speaker 3: I love I love first time winners.
Speaker 1: Tina. When the show is, do you need information? What do you got? What do you need?
Speaker 4: It's Mars Volta, It's Mark March sixteenth, Toyota Center. Okay, your dance card is free that day.
Speaker 1: You can go, oh yeah, I will be free that day.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's a big ticket.
Speaker 1: It's sold out, Lauren, have a great time at the show. Oh, thank you, thank you for listening. I'm really that makes me happy.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's taking you so long to win something from us, but I'm so happy you're finally in.
Speaker 1: You're in the Winter Circle.
Speaker 3: Now, Okay, all.
Speaker 1: Right, thank you, Lauren, go ahead, rob it and Chili's face at your in.
Speaker 4: He's got to get her information. Does everybody know that Chili's name is not Chili? No, Like they don't know that Dolly Partner was married. Like, what do you mean his name's not Chili. His name is Jose. It is Jose. Your name is Alex.
Speaker 1: Yes, my name is Rodney. Yes. Who has the most unique name Chili?
Speaker 3: On the Rod Ryan Show?
Speaker 4: I couldn't find Chili, Jose, Alex Rodney, which is what is the rarest name of the three?
Speaker 1: I would say Alex because a lot of people that are named Alex are really Alexander, and I am just Alex.
Speaker 4: Alex is the now. I got numbers from a couple of years ago. It was the one hundred and ninety fourth most popular name.
Speaker 1: Okay. Jose was the eighty ninth most popular name.
Speaker 4: Rodney clocked in at nine hundred and sixty two.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean you don't run into a lot of Rodney's.
Speaker 4: I know, we got the other white Rodney that listens to the show, and then there's a couple of black Rodneys that call in.
Speaker 3: But there's that one white Rodney.
Speaker 1: It's like, why do you call it white Rodney because like a lot of Rodneys are black, Like most of the Rodneys that I meet are black guys. So there's the other white meet Rodney that listens.
Speaker 3: To this show.
Speaker 1: He chimes in occasionally.
Speaker 4: The reason I bring this up is today is Unique Name Day. So the Social Security Administration they keep track, and they keep track of the one thousand most popular boy and girl names every year. The bottom list is more interesting than the top of the list, okay, because I mean, it's Liam, it's Noah, it's Oliver, it's Olivia, Emma, Charlotte, these are all These are all the kids that are in your kid's class.
Speaker 1: One probably knows one hundred of those people. All of those kids are in her class. There's only twenty five kids in the class. Seven of them are all of them are in that class, all of them.
Speaker 4: So those names are not unique right now, okay. But on the other end of the list, that's where it gets interesting. Okay. I think most people know my downfall is names. I cannot read names. I just don't know what direction to go with the letters put together. When letters are smashed together, I can't do it. It's the girls' names too that I can't do.
Speaker 1: The bottom, the bottom thousand, the bottom list for the dudes after Rodney Hollis, Damari Cullen Abner, which is cool.
Speaker 4: Thatcher Cody with a k Osmin Ephraim and Wren, those are your bottom. That's that's nine hundred and ninety to one thousand, meaning rare names for the girls. I'm done, I can't do it. Shae is in there, oh, Elizabeth sah.
Speaker 1: A y I do not know. Okay, It's just there's letters that are smashed together that don't belong with each other.
Speaker 4: There's an Elizabeth with an S in the in the bottle of z Elizabeth, yeah, there is.
Speaker 1: Angelique is the other one. I can read.
Speaker 4: Aya a y a h aya ay yeah a yah Aileiani el Aaryahnia.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know the uro.
Speaker 4: Elizabeth with a Z is fifteen, Elizabeth with an S is nine hundred and something. So that's the other thing. When people will ask me about London's name, they're like, well, how do you spell it? I did not want to get cutz l o n d y N, I did not want to get keepsy.
Speaker 3: I'm spelling London. It's like, no, just like it is on the map, like it is the city.
Speaker 1: Try to make it easy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like, I love the name, and I still love the name. I mean, you ever think about it, Like what if I wanted to different direction with.
Speaker 1: My daughter she learns the spell.
Speaker 2: There's literally two letters in your name. You spell it the same way at the very end as you do in the beginning, E L L E. You spell it backwards forwards. It's perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's not short for anything as L.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just L. When you guys write it out, or when she's going to write it out, can you just do it L E L or but on her mother's made in initials, so that kind of works that way too. But it's E L L E is the proper spelling, E L L E. Yeah, that's Eve. And she still gets called L E L E every doctor's apartment. I would do that. If there's right there it's L.
Speaker 2: I mean, I get it, I mispronouncing those names all the time. But if the girl seems like it's self explanatory right.
Speaker 4: There, if the girl on the phone, I see it on here, and if chill he's nice enough to type it out for me, he puts t A R A. I will go the wrong direction. Every time I'll go Tara, No, it's Tara. Then the next one I'll go Tara. They're like, no, it's pronounced Tara. I can't get it right. Absolutely, so Ellie I would if I saw.
Speaker 1: E L L D. He's not like an I E or A Y. It's E L L E. That's L like the letter tell. You would spell the letter I'm dumb. Now I get you. I'm dumb.
Speaker 3: I'm named dumb.
Speaker 1: But we thought, like when we were coming up with names, was like, I don't want something that's gonna be mispronounced.
Speaker 2: I don't want something that's going to be it's hard to spell everything. And it's like E L L E is still it's L mispronounced most of the time.
Speaker 1: It's L magazine, right, E L E? I do? How do you not know that that's your kid's name. I didn't name her after that. It was a man's name of Eli or she was a boy, and I went to L because L was close. There's literally a magazine, a huge magazine. I don't read it with your kid's name. Elle Woods is spelled the same way I know that legally blonde oh, I thought you were going blues brothers on that.
Speaker 4: Jake Wood, all right, I have the most unique name on the show, Jose Million Joses. Here's Food Fighters, learn to Fly on the Buzz ninety four fun The Buzz Food.
Speaker 1: Fighters and learned to Fly brod Ryan Show.
Speaker 4: Elon Musk did not like Mike myers impersonation of him on Saturday Night Live. I got to finally watch a little bit of it last night, the cold open, the cold open of SNL this weekend. If you saw it was Trump and Zelenski and that crazy meeting in the Oval office boys, Yeah yeah, yeah. And then and then Mike Myers made a surprise appearance.
Speaker 11: And it was funny.
Speaker 1: He wasn't making fun of me, So I thought it was funny, you know. I thought it was a.
Speaker 3: Pretty good impression.
Speaker 4: And I mean, it's not that Elon Musk wrote a ton about it, but he was on his platform x.
Speaker 1: As things about everything. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, humor fails when it lies, That's all he wrote. So he didn't find humor in Mike Myer's impression of him.
Speaker 1: Did you go on stage with the chainsaw? Yes you did. So that was the costline. The costume was right on.
Speaker 4: It was just an over you know, it was a super duper parody, you know, and it was you know, it was over the top like it's supposed to be and everything else.
Speaker 1: I just think that you give people fuel.
Speaker 4: I know that he's on his own platform, so it's good for him ultimately to get people commenting. But most people said, now that I know that upset you, I like it even more. Yeah, I think it gives people that kind of fuel. I thought it was pretty good. I thought I thought it was a pretty funny cold open Elon Musk. The other thing about him that I just read he backed out of his offer to do the Daily Show.
Speaker 1: Remember we were talking about they accepted it. They were saying, we'll do it.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, it seemed like they were kind of doing a face off on social media and John Stewart called him out last night. I have not seen it, but I guess this is available online. I got some catching up to do from me being gone for the long weekend. I kind of was unplugged on everything. I didn't know who won the Academy Award for anything.
Speaker 1: I know that Kieran Colkin won yep, some Best Supporting Actor, YEP.
Speaker 3: Adrian Brody won for Best Actor.
Speaker 1: So four and a half hours to say a speech, Yeah, a five minute speech. Shalla May, who won everything leading up to it, did not.
Speaker 4: Win, but he looked like the guy in the yellow hat from Curious George don't even know that reference, didn't see it.
Speaker 3: I know that Demi Moore didn't win, and she won everything leading up to it as well.
Speaker 1: We could win as much as everybody wanted to win. Well.
Speaker 4: The other thing is Elon Musk. We thought he was going to go on The Daily Show. You and I both thought that would have been an awesome segment. You know, Must can handle himself with anybody, you know.
Speaker 1: And John Stewart is.
Speaker 3: Really good at what he does too.
Speaker 1: Whether you agree with him or not, he's good at what he does. So I think this is bad. I think this sucks that they're not going to be on this same set together. Hopefully things will change, but as of right now, that that that's not going to happen.
Speaker 7: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Bus ninety four or five, Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Blake, What I Need Took One more Time? Rob Ryan's Show on a ten Tuesday, Good luck with this crazy weather that's gonna be rolling through. We just got to get through it today. I mean, we just got to get through it. I should say this morning, because when it.
Speaker 4: Comes time afternoon and tonight you're going out to the rodeo to see Reba McIntyre.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be fine. It's gonna be fine. It might be a little windy out there, but we don't have to deal with this rain. We just got to get past this rain.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: Ten, I think by eleven o'clock, I think we're gonna be fine around here. We'll be fine. We'll be fine, fine, fine, something. We are dealing with some rain right now. Good luck navigating that.
Speaker 4: Bring me the Horizon was another show that was announced that we were supposed to announced yesterday and it was announced without us. But boy, what another huge tour. We're gonna talk about that. We're gonna give you tickets.
Speaker 1: At around eight twenty this morning.
Speaker 4: Right now, I got my man Alex over here wants to tell you about Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 2: The stock market plummeted around eight hundred points yesterday after President Trump announced that twenty five percent tariffs on imports from Mexico and Canada would go into effects today. Trump justified the move, emphasizing the need for manufacturing relocation to the US, and cited insufficient Chinese action on fentanyl as a reason to increase tariffs on Chinese imports to twenty percent. The Dow Jones Industrial average fell six hundred and forty nine points, eraising a large amount of the gains since President Trump's election.
Speaker 4: Trump seems to be unaffected by that too. He loves that Dow Jones number. He loves those, He loves those stock market numbers.
Speaker 1: When he talks about look at, look at like what's happening on, you know, the stock market while.
Speaker 4: I'm here, And he seems to be completely unaffected by that. He is so doubled down. He has down hardcore on these tariffs. Yeah, he's a big tear, big fan of taxis.
Speaker 2: Some Marti Gras parades have been canceled in Louisiana due to expected severe weather. All parades scheduled for Jefferson Parish have been canceled, and both the Zulu and Rex parades, which are two of the biggest Martigra parades, will be starting earlier than usual today. Forecasts are predicting wins as high as sixty miles an hour across Louisiana and into parts of Mississippi. The Houst scenario will also be able to see some of that wind and rain as well, but like Rod said earlier, we should be out of that by eleven. An Australian man named James Harrison has recently passed away at the age of eighty eight. He was known by many as the Golden arm not because he could pitch well, but because he donated blood a lot. He had a rare antibody that's used to treat disease in unborn babies, and it was found out that he found out as a teenager and then he donated every two weeks until he was eighty one years old. In total, he gave blood one and seventy three times and saved more than two point four million lives in doing so.
Speaker 1: Pretty incredible. Jill sent me a really long email on this. She says, I love you guys are sharing the news of the Golden arm Man. But she's got some.
Speaker 3: She's got some familiarity with this season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what this guy was able to do.
Speaker 4: A mom and her older sister were fine, but they lost their younger brother shortly after birth because of So this guy's this man's blood is a miracle. Yeah, for families. And she agrees on that this man's blood is absolutely a miracle. And how many people was he responsible?
Speaker 1: Two point four million? Yeah, his blood, his blood allowed that many his whole life donated. That's pretty crazy. So that he's headlining three things you must see today, go read more about this guy.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's amazing.
Speaker 2: But just to have the regimen of every two weeks, I'm gonna donate every two every two weeks, like, not to take off anytime like that, that's pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: His whole life because he just knew that he was he was a gift. Yeah, I would be so cocky, Believe if I knew that, like I had that kind of blood, it'd be like, yeah, but you better watch how you're talking to me. I'm a golden arm guy.
Speaker 4: But why we're finding out about it he passed away. Yes, that's the only reason why we know about him. Like we didn't know about it while he was doing it.
Speaker 1: We should have been. Everybody would have known. If it was me, I would have been so cocky, agreed, I would have been leaning with that. By the way, I'm a hero, we should have bring praising this guy his whole life. Yeah.
Speaker 2: A world famous forensic pathologist named doctor Michael Baden thinks that actor Jeene Hackman died from cardiac arrest and that his wife died trying to help him get his medication, either by falling and hitting her head or suffering a cardiac event of her own. Doctor Baden suggests that evidence from Hackman's pacemaker suggests he suffered a cardiac incident. And if you remember, his wife was found on their bathroom floor with a prescription bottle and pills spilled onto the counter.
Speaker 1: Just sadder. This stort gets sadder every time you find out more information about Like there had to be some sort of panic. The dog must have been dehydrated and that's how that dog passed away because they had two other dogs on the property that were fine. It's it's just every every day gets more more sad.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Offspring announced their Supercharged World Tour yesterday.
Speaker 1: It'll kick off to in Brazil. The tour will.
Speaker 2: Feature star studded lineup of special guests like Sublime, Rise Against the Warning, Simple Play in Jimmy World, and Newfound Glory on various dates. The tour is gonna stop in Houston on August twenty third, where they're gonna play the Woodlands with Jimmy World and Newfound Glory.
Speaker 1: Tickets go on sale this morning at ten am. Show of the summer besides Buzzfest. If you asked me, yeah, that's a good one. We gave away tickets in home room. We will give it wait tickets before they go on sale all week. Those are you since headlines? All right? Now? The guy's still doing both duties. He's got sports. Yeah, Well, Rockets fell the Thunder last night one thirty seven to eight. They hung out with them for a while, but they just they just couldn't keep it down. And then the Thunder is probably the best team in the league right now. Tonight they're gonna play the Pacers on the road. Rockets are three and a half point underdogs heading into that one.
Speaker 2: Tip off was at six, and you can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. Down at spring training, the Astros gotta win. Yesterday they beat the Marlins five to three. I'll have a day off before playing the Cardinals tomorrow. Down in West Palm Beach code. That is what's going on in Sport.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Say ninety four five to bus red on chili members and snow that went part of the show.
Speaker 1: He put day No. Seven pup. Your off to a great start today. It's a little skanky outside. I get that overall ninety percent chance of showers. I'm through trying to do the math on this. It's just like you're gonna get a little wet this morning.
Speaker 3: It's nasty out there.
Speaker 4: Windy, is what the problem is. Some of these things may kick up a little bit, but it's pretty and clear tonight, no rain, clear skies. Reba McIntyre Rodeo officially launches today. Got some great pictures from the barbecue cookoff. That dude did such a phenomenal job. Daniel Boggs six picks, twelve picks.
Speaker 1: Maybe one hundred picks explained.
Speaker 4: Everything, made a little piece of artwork that said rod Ryan Show, people holding it, pictures everything.
Speaker 1: I mean, we could not have found somebody better. He was the guy that showed up to work. He did. You guys were the other guys on the couch this weekend. Hey, I was out doing my job. Well, we all get to be in Margot praise. I do have my six picks up. I do have my six picks. I was in New Orleans and the one thing.
Speaker 4: That I want you to take a look at. I'm not complaining because I do it voluntarily every year. Number one Martin Groth is super expensive. If you want to ride on a float. If you look at that one picture of me and I'm standing next to it, and you just see all those plastic bags, I don't mind telling you to get on my float. It's about twelve hundred dollars just to ride, and you get like a basic package of.
Speaker 1: Some things to throw. It's not enough.
Speaker 4: You're gonna be on that float for three and a half hours. The basic package is you have to buy more stuff in front of MY biggest fear is running out of stuff, so you always you buy more. Okay, it's about twelve hundred dollars to ride.
Speaker 1: I bought another almost two thousand dollars for a crap to throw. That's just stuff I'm throwing. I'm spending two thousand dollars and throwing a bunch of s to strangers. It's like cups. It's beans, it's cups, it's Frisbees. I mean hats, yes, with blinky lights in them. Our particular parade, you know, we have a lot of I don't know, it's a unique humor. But we're riding and.
Speaker 4: I'm just we're just throwing stuff for three hours. Your arm is tired.
Speaker 1: But it's expensive. Though. People have asked me like, hey, I want to ride them one day.
Speaker 4: You know, what would I need to do? All you do is just contact one of the crews if you know, like what parade you want to be in. My friend's in Endemian and he pays three thousand dollars to be on that float. Now we only have we have one of the smaller floats that we ride on, and we only have I think fourteen people on our pirate ship.
Speaker 1: My friend runs the Pirates of a quarter.
Speaker 4: There's other floats. There are super floats that are three deckers. There's like three hundred people on a float. We have fourteen on ours. We could be honest, it's insane. I mean, you're just getting rained down upon, you know. But it was just it was such a good time. It was such great weather and I knew you guys had good weather here.
Speaker 1: I was real.
Speaker 4: I was really really happy. I mean, we just had a good time. Yeah, I'm wearing funny clothes. What's with the gold outfit, Rod, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's Bakas Sunday, you wear gold granted, and my little goddaughter on the parade route, she's wearing her gold shorts, so we look like we're all coordinated.
Speaker 4: It was a great weekend. Marty Gras in New Orleans should be a hit list. And that's not to say it's just different. I told you guys what an amazing time I had, even with the rain, the wind, the cold, everything. Marty gra Galveston, I had one of the best weekends ever weeks ago. So I mean to say that I did Marty Gras this year. Marty Gras this year, man, I mean the best of both worlds, you know what I mean. Got to rock out with Brett Michaels, you know, the week before, and then I ran into a friend of mine. Do you know the band cobboy Mouth?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 1: How do you know them? I think we've given away tickets to cawboy Mouth before. I want to say that's only the drummer sings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I know Fred, and like I know Fred, like I'm friends with Fred. I ran into him when I'm walking to my parade, he wrote, in the same parade as I. And he's walking by and he's got the mask on. Everybody's all dressed up looking crazy. I'm dressed as a goddamn pirate. I'm like, Fred, Fred, what are you doing? It was Fred from cobbley Mouth, So I've put his picture up there. Go back and check out some cowboy Mouth music. If you're not familiar with them, I mean, but not this stuff in the studio, go see and go check out one video today of a cowboy Mouth performance live. This is their biggest song. This is the one that everybody loses their mind. This is their closing song, Jenny says, But it was good to run into him. And then there's a picture. There's another bar in the in the French Quarter. It's one of my favorites. It's the gold Mine, and it's a lot of locals that'll go to the gold Mine. There's still a lot of tourists in there. David Brinks, who owms the bar. He invented the Flaming Doctor Pepper Wikipedia Wikipedia that he invented the flaming Doctor pepper and he's known for it. And unfortunately, or fortunately, I did some flaming Doctor peppers, but I took a picture of that too.
Speaker 1: All right, good weekend. Good to be back with you guys.
Speaker 4: We missed out on the uh so check out my six picks on links and guests, bring me the Horizon. I'm gonna tell you all about this show when tickets go on sale, and give you tickets before they go on sale.
Speaker 1: After the break.
Speaker 7: And the Rod Ryan Morning Show six am.
Speaker 4: The Buzz, Good morning, ninety four or five the Buzz, just like the man said, rod Ryan showed tap Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Looks like that's our number one link today. A lot of activity on my.
Speaker 4: Six picks but it's the dude's picks for the Rodeo that are crushing it right now. We got those pesky showers to deal with. We're dealing with the wind this morning. Good luck getting through all of that. Will be clear later on, even late this afternoon on through the evening and I'm through.
Speaker 1: You know you're heading out to Rodeo, going out to Reba. It's gonna be fine out there. No rain tonight right, what is trending? Oh well, tat Tuesday is trending, okay, Yeah, number one, Like Sanchez submitted to us by listener Joshua, lots of people are checking her out. This morning, we'll finished rod Ryan Showpei to the Buzz dot com if you haven't given her a look.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jimmy Johnson is also trending. He has announced that he's retiring from Fox Sports at eighty one.
Speaker 1: Boy, he was at home for a long time during the pandemic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he wasn't at the desk even after everybody went back to the desk at Foxed.
Speaker 2: And sometimes he was remote. Yeah, if it's a health thing or whatever. He also owns like a boat, so he might have just been out on his boat fishing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he looks like he maybe has some health issues and stuff. You know what I'm grown to I'm grown to come up to become okay with the guy I have. Also, you know, it's weird because those years he's the one that beat the Bills in those two back to back Super Bowls. So my hatred of the Dallas Cowboys long precedes me moving.
Speaker 1: Here, and I want to hate him, and I'm grown to think he's an Okay guy. Now, without him, I might not hate the Cowboys as much as I do. So thank you Okay for that, all right? And then also Casey Anthony is to do you see this into the TikTok She's on looking at girls this morning? What is she doing?
Speaker 2: Well, So she's trying to rebrand online as a legal advocate and it's so not a lawyer. She didn't go through the schooling at all. I don't believe so.
Speaker 1: But everybody online, everything I saw was just f you know, no effing way, A lot of a lot of profanity laced things throwing her way. Yeah, you killed your daughter. I'm not going to take advice. Yeah, no advice from you. And yeah, so Casey Anthony trying and rebrand herself. I don't think it's going great. But that's what's trainding on ninety by the buzz.
Speaker 4: Does that mean Nancy Grace comes back into our last Oh my god, tot mom.
Speaker 1: Nancy s an answment for that Duke Lacrosse thing to get to? Is Nancy Grace still a thing she was on like h l N. I don't think she's on that anymore.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: She probably does a podcast I got. I'm sure she does. She just yells and is mean about men. That was a horrible I mean, I feel.
Speaker 4: Like we're always in a dark time in entertainment on TV. But the Nancy Grace years, then there was that other one that came on and yelled after her.
Speaker 1: I gotta tickets. Those are dark days, my friends. It was really dark days when Nancy Grace was on TV every day.
Speaker 4: Bring Me the Horizon on the USA Ascension Program, Part one, Tour Long Name, Motionless in White, the plot in You and another band that I'm don't want to sound any dumber than I already do.
Speaker 1: I want to mispronounce it.
Speaker 4: September twenty sixth Toyota Center Take Us go on sale this Friday at ten am year at l Falk Thank you.
Speaker 1: Do you know them? No? I don't either. I had to look up it forness. That's where you just put at L. I'm near a e. If you would like a pair of tickets, I'll take call her ten seven one three two, win two five nine four five Call her number teen and get some before they go on sale.
Speaker 7: The Rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz Reggy Benjamin and I will not bow Rod Ryan's show. Jane Vealz Mitchell.
Speaker 4: Yes, she was the other really angry chick like I think she was back to back with Nancy Grace. They back to back shows and they just came out and shows violence. Right when the camera was turned on, they just looked at the camera. They scowled, and they yelled.
Speaker 1: It shows violence to combat, they did. Why are we talking about Nancy Grace? Oh, because top.
Speaker 2: Mom Casey, Anthony Casey's trying to rebrand herself as a legal advocate, and the Internet's not happening.
Speaker 1: Which is fair sometimes the Internet, like you know what, we were right on this take, and I'm fine with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's on the Looking at Girls blog page today.
Speaker 1: By logging onto the Buzz dot com, you go to the Rod Ryan.
Speaker 4: Show blog page, you'll see the rodeo pictures that we're caught up on. Now, my six picks Looking at Girls that we just mentioned. Tattooesday is the number one link today. The three things you must see. You're talking about that dude in Houston's headlines, man with the Golden arm. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I can't medically get into what this guy did, but he had just passed away, and he helped.
Speaker 1: Millions of babies.
Speaker 4: And it's when the he balanced his blood was able to balance out his blood plasma the dude and the chick when they had different positives and negatives or whatever. Like his stuff was just magic, his blood and his plasma and he donated his whole life. They talk about the millions of babies that he helped. That story is incredible this morning, and then.
Speaker 1: We're asking if you pee in the shower on X we're having all of the important points I forgot. That's on the X this morning at Ron Ryan's show, DP in the shower.
Speaker 4: Thirty percent of our audience thirty percent of our audience daily, twenty one percent of our audience regularly thirty seven percent of our audience. Occasionally it's down to ten percent that say never when are you going to believe the number never of liars?
Speaker 1: You think? I do think. I do think that there are people that just won't do it.
Speaker 2: I think you say you won't do it, but there's definitely like never never done it. Everybody has at some point done it. Well, like I got to go, I'm not gonna get out.
Speaker 1: Ten percent you're gonna get out to go pee and then just hop right back in the shower. Okay, and you dry off. Mike, good morning, Good morning. You whizz in the shower.
Speaker 4: Yeah, occasion, Yeah, occasionally, occasionally, thirty seven percent our audience, it's the largest number.
Speaker 1: Occasionally. What am I gonna do? Get out? I'm soaking wet. I'm like, I'm not gonna What am I doing? You had to mop up the whole floor. Yeah, that's chores. I'm not doing that. It's sterile. It's good for you. Go what are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: Deny yourself, just go water.
Speaker 1: It's fine, dude, your caller, ten, I appreciate your honesty this morning. I'm not peeing on your legs.
Speaker 4: That's like asking somebody there their body count. It's like he says occasionally that means he does it all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, He's like, I just want to make sure I'm playing along all right, So Rod doesn't yell at me. I don't yell at people, Mike. I just want you to be honest.
Speaker 6: You're a nice guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm nice right now because I'm giving your tickets. Heck, yeah, bring me the Horizon announced yesterday.
Speaker 4: Uh, their tour with Motionless and White, a bunch of other bands, Toyota Center dot Com.
Speaker 1: Everyone else is gonna have to go get their tickets this Friday at ten am. Not you, Mike, not you.
Speaker 6: That's the awesome, man.
Speaker 1: I love bringing it to Horizon. I'm super excited. My favorite band, Bring Me the Daylight Saving Time. I don't know if he does know that band, but uh, they're coming back on Sunday at two am.
Speaker 4: It's my favorite band, bring Me the Daylight Saving Time. Bro, what do you think about changing the clocks? Are you one of these guys that struggles. You're gonna lose an hour of sleep this when you wake up on Sunday.
Speaker 1: I don't mind it too bad.
Speaker 4: I'd rather than switch back to Daylight Savings and leave it that way.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't bad. Okay, that's good. Yeah, I comes, I mean, I mean I allowed to talk about it. I gotta ask Alex if I'm okay to talk about it. It's your show. It's happening this weekend. I gotta let people know. No, no, every news station tells you five days in advance. All right, Mike, you little wizard.
Speaker 10: Hang on, the Director of Sleep Medicine at New York University Grossman's School of Medicine recommends these tips to ease into daylight saving time.
Speaker 1: Thank God, it's one hour.
Speaker 4: He wants you to adjust your sleep start getting used to the time change now by hitting the sack it's one hour, fifteen to twenty minutes earlier, and waking up fifteen to twenty minutes earlier each day this week so that you are prepared for this massive change.
Speaker 1: On Sunday, I feel like skip ten hours. Yeah, I understand that, Like you can sleep in an extra hour. What are you flying back from Antarctica? I mean Australia, I mean, what do you I can understand that, like you're losing a day or something like that. That messes people up there really is. I do believe in like the whole I've been I've flown back, my brother just got back from London last week. Add some jet lag at the end of the week. I guarantee you he is not going to bitch once jet Sunday.
Speaker 3: Jet lags a real thing.
Speaker 1: Losing an hour sleep on Saturday. It's like did you stay up late that night before? Like do that?
Speaker 4: Sticking to a consistent nighttime routine helps the body adjust the daylight, saving time more smoothly. Healthy evening habits include avoiding caffeine and alcohol.
Speaker 1: Late in the day okay, stopping screen time an hour before bed, not exercising or eating two to three hours before bedtime, and making sure you have a dark sleep environment. This will all help you so that you're not walking around like a zombie next week.
Speaker 3: Oh, that really got me messed up.
Speaker 1: I'll never recover, all right.
Speaker 3: Listen, the sun's going to be out later in the day.
Speaker 1: There's people in Alaska that like, don't see the sun for months. Gay, bitch about this.
Speaker 3: I don't mind telling you that I'm.
Speaker 1: Super super excited. It's fine, you're like to be excited. I'm super excited.
Speaker 4: Just don't bitch that we're going to have the sun out and it's not going to get dark at five o'clock after I'm.
Speaker 1: Finishing up my dinner. Oh yeah, I'm done at five, Okay, I'm done at Golden Corral with my Loubie's Sampler Spearl jam Daughter on the butt. Ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan's show. Now it's talking all morning long about the man with the Golden Arm.
Speaker 4: Because of how much bloody donated or technically, this guy was donating blood plasma. We've mentioned him several times. He had a rare antibody used to treat unborn babies. He could offset the negative positive with the dad and the mom.
Speaker 1: He found out about it as.
Speaker 4: A teenager and he donated around every two weeks until he was eighty one years old. He gave blood over a thousand times, Okay, and he said he saved the lives of more than two point four million babies.
Speaker 1: Boy, you mentioned blood on this show. People want to talk about it, you know, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, we mentioned that. Rod.
Speaker 4: You should encourage everyone to please get out there and donate who's eligible. He's a former blood bank employee, Joshua. That stuff does not go to waste, and we need another golden arm out there now. So don't be the guy that donates because someone they loved needed blood. I am oh negative and I know my blood is headed to the hospitals almost immediately.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Joshua.
Speaker 4: Misty, you might not have the golden blood, but you can still be a lifesaver to patients and families in our area. Visit giveblood dot org to see where to donate. Blood today in March, every successful donor will receive a water bottle and a ticket to Big Rivers Water Park.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you for coming to my ted talk Missy. All right, yeah, I got about three more. We're talking about this.
Speaker 7: This guy is.
Speaker 1: Headlining three things you must see today, and then here is our PSA. We'll jump in with everything. Go give blood. Okay, go give blood. People need it. We need it. We always are in desperate need of it.
Speaker 7: Houston's Rock and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show, six Am, The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz Shine down.
Speaker 3: On a tat Tuesday, on a fat Tuesday.
Speaker 1: What up man?
Speaker 3: Happy Martin Gras everybody.
Speaker 4: Man, Uh, we got it. Just a couple more hours to kind of get through this nasty weather. We should be fine the rest of the afternoon and on through the evening. High today, I'm around seventy five. There's no rain tonight, clear skies should be great. You're heading out to opening day of the rodeo.
Speaker 1: Reba. Yeah, fancy you asked me if I knew a Riva song. I said, Fancy, I knew one right off the top of my head. After that, I'm done, man, I feel like a woman. Uh not Reba McIntyre. She wrote it Shanai a twain. Nope. None of those things are true that you say the origin. None of those things are you know, true. Nothing that you're saying right now is factual. I'm gonna riba holl You would understand. Can you please give us some facts? Can we have Houston's headlines? Please? You sure can? Good morning everyone.
Speaker 2: The stock market plummeted around eight hundred points yesterday after President Trump announced that twenty five percent tariffs on imports from Mexico and Canada would go into effects today. Trump justified the move by emphasizing that there was a need for manufacturing relocation to the United States, and then he said it's insufficient Chinese action on fentanyl as a reason to increase tariffs on Chinese imports to twenty percent. The Dow Jones Industrial average fell six hundred and forty nine points, erasing a large amount of the gains that have happened since President Trump's election.
Speaker 1: Asked me, how it's doing right now? How's it doing right now?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: Awful?
Speaker 7: Not rain?
Speaker 4: No, the Dow is down five hundred, the Nasdaq's down one to eighty six.
Speaker 1: Come on, we need to.
Speaker 3: Like my friend Hale says, turn this baby around.
Speaker 1: What we would even do it?
Speaker 4: They haven't turned this baby so another. I mean, we knew the futures were down, so it's nasty.
Speaker 2: President Donald Trump ordered a suspension of all US military aid to Ukraine day following the contentious meeting with Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelenski on Friday. The decision effects not only future aid but also military equipment that's currently in transit, including shipments in Poland that are awaiting delivered to the Ukraine. A White House official told ABC News that President Trump is focused on peace. The President is going to hold a joint session of Congress tonight at eight pm hour time.
Speaker 1: Do you pee in the shower, because if you say no, you're lying.
Speaker 2: If you do, don't be ashamed, because over eighty percent of people admit to doing it, and those are just the honest ones.
Speaker 4: Well, ninety percent of our audience admits to doing it either ten percent of them are alive daily, regularly occasionally. Ten percent of our audience almost eleven percent saying never, you don't believe that number.
Speaker 1: I do believe that number. And everybody's in animals in their life they've pled to go. Not everybody's peeing like a dog. I think they I think they are. I think they are.
Speaker 2: Men are more likely to admit it than women, and younger adults are more likely to admit to doing it than older adults. You can go vote on our poll question at rod Ryan Show on x Die Parton's husband, Carl Dean sadly passed away yesterday at the age of eighty two. He and Dolly met over sixty years ago and had been married for fifty eight years. Dolly released his statement that said, quote, Carl and I spent many wonderful years together. Words can't do justice to the love that we shared over those sixty years. Thank you for your prayers and sympathy. Dolly met Carl outside of a laundromat the day she moved to Nashville in nineteen sixty four, when she was only eighteen years old.
Speaker 1: They got married two years later and have been together ever since. Sad news A lot of people did know she was married, And then when people knew that she was married, this I've heard from a lot of people.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's not the time, maybe it is. Did they I'm not asking you, I'm asking somebody that really knows. Did you read her book? Did she come out and say they had an open marriage?
Speaker 1: Oh? Because then maybe Kenny Rodgers did get in there, and maybe you know, like Burt Reynold's stuff, like maybe they did get in there because it was kind of thought they did because they made movies and songs together. Did they have an open marriage? Who knows this?
Speaker 3: Who knows this to be factual?
Speaker 1: Maybe it's not the time. Yeah, maybe not the time. But just email me if you did know, If you do know, let me know, let rod know if you did know, All right for me.
Speaker 2: The Horizon fans, you need to start making your fall plans because they announced their US Ascension tour yesterday. It'll start September twenty third in Raleigh, North Carolina. It's gonna feature special guests like Motionless and White and the Plot in You to a stop in Houston on September twenty six where they're gonna play the Toyota There.
Speaker 1: Tickets go on sale.
Speaker 2: Friday at ten am, but pre sale tickets go on sale this morning at ten. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: You haven't got tickets all week. We just gave away pa our tickets, right, yeah, we did yeah at eight twenty, So Chill is gonna kind of rotate those throughout the day, throughout the morning. Everyone else will buy their tickets Friday morning at ten am. It's gonna be tight. Man.
Speaker 4: Bring Me the Horizon and All off Spring both go on sale at ten am Friday morning.
Speaker 1: I know there's people that love both bands. That's gonna be tight on the wallet. All right.
Speaker 2: What's happening in sports? Well, the Rockets felled for the Thunder last night. One tonight, they're gonna play the Pacers.
Speaker 7: On the road.
Speaker 2: They're three and a half on three and a half point underdogs heading into that one. Tip offs at six, and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety Down at Spring Training, the Astros gotta win. Yesterday they beat the Marlins five to three. They're gonna have a day off before they play the Cardinals tomorrow down in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Speaker 1: That's what's going on in sports. All right, Thank you guys. We got one hour left, but we're gonna talk to you about this landrys All Day Ride pass. Uh huh.
Speaker 4: Good for the Cheam of Boardwalk, Downtown Aquarium, or Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier. I got Spring Break passes. Spring Greig is next week already, so we're gonna hook you up with some of that stuff. I got some concert tickets on.
Speaker 1: No the Show. We got another hour together, guys, trap yourselves in.
Speaker 7: Rock and Alternative Fair.
Speaker 1: Use to Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 11: The Buzz, the bus screen day.
Speaker 4: When I come around on a tap Tuesday, Happy Martin Garral everybody. Now, it's looking like this, this pesky weather, which is nasty, which is nasty, saverre thunderstorm warning. It's looking like eleven o'clock by noon, we should be done. We're gonna be dealing with a little bit of wind out there. Let's say we got twenty mile an hour winds, but the rain should be wrapped up by about noon. It's gonna kind of kick up a little bit starting at around ten ten, eleven o'clock's gonna be the worst of it and then.
Speaker 1: Boom, it's gonna pass through and we're fine.
Speaker 2: Boom.
Speaker 1: But I mean, this system goes all the way up to New York. It's crazy.
Speaker 4: I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Thank you for checking out the website this morning. You know, what's doing really well?
Speaker 1: What's doing well. We weren't here yesterday, but the Milf Monday is the number two link. It killed yesterday. Really, the Milf Monday killed yesterday. It's doing really well. Obviously, Test Tuesday is number one. Milk Monday's number two.
Speaker 4: Rod six picks from the weekend looking at girls and then listener Daniels Houston Lives doc show and Rodeo Barbecue Cookoff pictures. That dude crashed it with his pictures. So we're kind of just you know, we're catching up from the weekend over here. To make sure you check out the world famous Rod Ryan share page at the buzz dot com. I just got a really good email in I'm not going to go through all of it, but Angie, I got your email. She's from Barnhart Crane and Rigging, and she said, listen, I'm real interested in getting involved in your golf tournament over here, like as a title.
Speaker 1: Sponsor or, you know, coming in as a sponsor.
Speaker 4: And she's talking about it. She's like, man, can you pass along me any information that you have. So she's like, I want to be involved. I want to support the show. I'm going to support the city and those of us that live in it.
Speaker 1: She's just such a beautiful email, like, oh my god, I can't get you over to Roger quick enough.
Speaker 4: Roger is the tournament director. He actually runs Texas Adaptive Aquatics. I hire him to work the tournament in the fall because he's so good at it. He's been doing this for the He's been doing this since Kaloel That's how long Roger's been around doing this. He helps me out with the boobs Rock tournament, but this is for his organization, Texas Adaptive Aquatics. So, Angie, I'm getting your information over to the people that matter and they can talk to you about this, and man, I would love to have you on board.
Speaker 3: This goes for every other business out there. I need help. Okay.
Speaker 4: The tournament itself has sold out. That's great, Okay, that's not where we make. The brunt of our money is on the sponsorships. And there's different levels of sponsorships that you can get involved in, all the way up to you know, Admiral Transfer and Rigging. Duke and Ceci come in huge. They're the title sponsor once again. But Carbock and Grazia I got a new updated list. I'll get to that, but thank you. Some great sponsors came in over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Awesome, awesome. It's March.
Speaker 3: It's the last month of the first quarter of the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all that means to me. By the way, I'm just a full disclosure and just throwing it out there. Not doing the push ups.
Speaker 1: I suck. I suck. I didn't make it again, I didn't make it too much. It's fine, Rod, I petered out like early February. Well, I was doing one hundred push ups a day. I stink. You made it further than most the thing.
Speaker 4: That I did a couple of years ago. And again, I'm not hitting it every quarter. But I've not read a book this year.
Speaker 1: Oh mean it. I thought it was a good thing for me. This is just for me.
Speaker 4: I thought it was a good thing in my life that I should read four books a year. Dumb rock star books about their life on the road. I'm not reading anything of substance. Okay, I'm reading the rock and roll version of Fifty Shades of Gray.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm not reading anything good, but just reading is good.
Speaker 4: And it was one of those low key things. I didn't really talk about my New Years resolution. I just thought it was a good thing for me. It was a good year. If I read four books, you're like Rod, I read good for you. Okay, more people read less than that.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, that showed up.
Speaker 4: The question on the internet was what's the dumbest thing people take pride in? I find it really odd that people are proud to say that they don't read. I find it weird to boast about ignorance. I find it weird, and I find it something that people do or when they don't know something like younger people. Sorry it is a younger people.
Speaker 1: Is it a younger person? Right? But when somebody, when a kid comes to me and says, I never heard of that show? What the hell? What are you talking about? Some TV show? I wasn't even born. That doesn't mean that you're off the hook from knowing about the world, and it can It doesn't. The world didn't start the day that you got crept out.
Speaker 2: If it applies to me, then it's fine. If it applies to someone else and it's somebody that I've heard of, no.
Speaker 1: That's not okay.
Speaker 4: I find that to be odd to brag about your lack of knowledge about things that it drives me crazy. Yeah, like I've heard of guess what Gone with the Wind was around long before me.
Speaker 1: I know what the movie is.
Speaker 4: It's just it's weird, like they don't want to reference anything before that.
Speaker 1: They're like what they knew growing up. That's an odd thing to brag about.
Speaker 2: For me, especially gone with them because it's like, you've never heard of the Civil War. I guess I read more books than you this quarter?
Speaker 3: What is the dumbest thing that people take pride in?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: When people are proud to say they don't read that came up or have you know? So I read a book since high school. I wouldn't tell somebody that. I would not share that with somebody that I haven't read a book since high school. I wouldn't want to be asked. I wouldn't say that, Like that's kind I have a cool streak to go on, like bragging about being dumb or taking pride in your ignorance. I don't know. It's a weird flex for me. It's super odd.
Speaker 2: My podcast co host Pat love him to death, but he brags that he has not been to the doctor since high school.
Speaker 1: It's a weird thing to brag about. I'm like, you know, like that's bad, right, you should go get checked out.
Speaker 2: And he's always like, well, see, that's what happen when you go to the doctor's Like yeah, because then you can fix whatever's wrong with you.
Speaker 1: He's like, get decade in not going People are like that with the dentist. I think he's probably equally as long not going to the dentist too. And let me tell you, there's stuff going on that needs work every year.
Speaker 7: Guy.
Speaker 1: At the end of the year, I got to get that, uh yeah, that medical benefit in there.
Speaker 4: Okay, what is the dumbest thing that people take pride in working themselves to death and not taking time for themselves? Okay, I understand that, but I just I want to flip the coin on that. Okay, it's not good. I agree. I know that there's people out there that just brag, brag, brag about all they do is work. All they do is work, and they never take any time for them else.
Speaker 1: That's not good. But the other side of things, bragging that you don't care about your job at all and it's all about you time, I hate that brag too. I hate that brag. Like there's.
Speaker 4: It's like not cool to take pride in your job anymore, and like it's not it's not cool to work hard anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't want my boss to here that I hate going into work and that I don't care.
Speaker 3: What about the person that brags about how busy they are all the time?
Speaker 1: That is somebody that's not busy, because if you were that busy, you wouldn't have time to tell everybody how busy you are. You would just not respond to a lot of things, and you would never be on the grid. And people like, what's up? What happened to Rod? Rodd is busy? Now we know that you don't sleep enough. You don't brag about it. I bring it up right, you don't brag about it. But I know that there's people that run around that's like, oh, I only sleep, you know four five hours. If you have time to track how much hours of sleep you got, then you've got plenty of time to sleep.
Speaker 4: Bro, you should sleep more. Some time you went to you should sleep more. People brag about never cooking. That's just expensive. We had some food delivered to the house yesterday.
Speaker 2: Like, you're just five dollars stand, which is forty eight dollars. But you have to sit and watch a TV show, dude, spin Zone.
Speaker 1: It happens three four times a year. Now, Well, I get you know uber eats. I really kept back. It is the most expensive thing. It is a very sick brag if you talk about how often you get food delivered to your home. To me, it's just it's like you're just pissing money away. Literally, that is exactly what you're bro It's a weird thing.
Speaker 4: People like flexing that they like bragging about how often they get stuff delivered to their house.
Speaker 1: It's like, that's not a cool thing to brag about. Yeah, it's a weird thing to brag about.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Bragging about not responding to like text messages is kind of wild too. I responded to text message and however long like I got this many on read It's like I get that, that's something you get get like, I have that number, but I'm not going to tell people about it.
Speaker 4: I would almost put that, Well, no, I guess that's a super folder. Braging about how many social media followers you have. Yeah, it's a weird thing. I mean, I know there's a world where it's important, and it's important to us too, which sucks that it's important to us.
Speaker 3: It really does blow that they look at our numbers and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: But in your everyday life, you're braging about how many social media followers you have.
Speaker 1: Those aren't real friends. No, all right, read a book. I need to read a book. One you did one? Did you read a book? I did? When we was you gonna tell me that right at the very end of this conversation, what did you.
Speaker 2: Read Karl Hyacin's Skinny Dip. It's the guy that wrote Bad Monkey. It's a TV show on Apple Plus, and he has a bunch of other books.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything that you're talking about. Brand a hand, great guy. Okay, was that a big book? Now? It's like less than three hundred pages. Okay, that's right in my alley, you know, Like, give me something that's like less than three hundred pages. Give me a series. I can burn through that. Yeah, yeah, I mean, I don't want to have to learn new people. Give me the main character is the same guy, solves a different crime each time. Yeah, I'm in on that.
Speaker 7: I need.
Speaker 1: When I sit down and read.
Speaker 4: A book, it needs to be the bass player a Motley Crue they're pulling, they run out a train on all these yeah groupies backstage just banging broad page.
Speaker 1: Turner like that could be me if I was Rockstone. That's a page turner. That's the life I could have had. Yes, all right, I got a month. I got this month. I gotta read a book. Here's what I have for you, a book. Spring Break is next week. I have a four pack of Landry's All Day Ride passes.
Speaker 4: Good for the Chema Boardwalk, the Aquarium, Galveston Islands Historic Pleasure Pier.
Speaker 1: You're you're doing all of this, Okay, I got a four pack of passes.
Speaker 4: You can get your spring Break passes now at Chemoboardwalk dot com or win a four pack from me right now, helping out the families.
Speaker 3: Seven one, three, two five.
Speaker 7: The rod Ryan Morning Show, six am, the Buzz.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right. Let's go right over to the telephones. Got some spring break stuff for you. Hey, good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Who's this?
Speaker 1: Hello? Hello Michael? Hey, you're like this guy, can't be talking to me already. Yeah, I'm talking to you, dude. What's up? How's it going about, good Man? How are you living the dream?
Speaker 7: Living the dream? Working out in the brain.
Speaker 1: Do you pee in the shower?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, good Hendy, Thank you appreciate man, Alex, you appreciate the honesty here, dude. It's still ten percent of our audience says never the categories for peeing in the shower daily, regularly occasionally.
Speaker 3: At least everyone's participating in that.
Speaker 1: I believe there are one out of ten people that just absolutely fuse to do it. I don't know what's so hard to understand about that they do? Okay, I do it. It's as plain as possible. I believe you. I believe. Now do you do you aim for the drain or does he let it go anywhere? I don't beat on my life, aim forward, okay, but anywhere does the drain or it doesn't matter, it's thank you, Alex, doesn't matter. Michael, would you like some passes? Michael, would you like some passes to some great things going on for Spring break week here in Houston?
Speaker 3: My family and I would love that.
Speaker 1: Oh see, that's what I need here. So congratulations.
Speaker 4: Landry's All Day, All Ride passes, Chema board Walk, Downtown Aquarium, Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier.
Speaker 1: I think these work everywhere all right, so you got to their suffratulations. Yeah, you can take it over Downtown Aquarum. You know what, my kid loses a pleasure peer pleasure.
Speaker 11: Peer, peer pleasure peere yeah, peer, I.
Speaker 3: See what you did my kid.
Speaker 1: My kid still loses their stuff. As you said, the Downtown a quarry and you get to like pet the stingrays. Oh yeah yeah, the White Tiger kids love that. All right, dude, congratulations, I got a four pack of these passes for you. All right, thank you so much, gentlemen. Thank you, dude. Keema boardwalk dot com if you want to purchase these online kids Alix online, the muz all right, what you got. Well, today's AOL is more of a throwback.
Speaker 2: I know it's not Thursday, but John Cena, I don't know if you're big in the world of wrestling like I am.
Speaker 1: I'm the big wrestle ahead. Everybody knows that. I don't know you to be a big wrestling maniac is what they call me.
Speaker 3: I think you're not being truthful.
Speaker 1: Well you still you don't know me, right, you don't know me. This is john'sa turned heel this weekend. Okay, you know that he was h he in the Rock turned heel.
Speaker 2: I think it was Cody Rhodes they turned against And I just wanted to share one of my favorite viol videos of all time. Have you seen the prank phone call where it's just John Cena promos to this lady's phone and she's like, no, we're not gonna order wrestler.
Speaker 1: It's like this Sunday Night, John Cena, that cage Matt is it a soundboard where they keep hitting the kind of yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And it's a five and a half minute video where they're just prank calling this lady that does not want any part of wrestling, but that's all they get.
Speaker 1: And because John Cena was the talk of the town this weekend, I wanted to share that video with you guys total laugh as hard as I did for five and a half minutes today at the world famous Rodryan Show page at the Buzz dot.
Speaker 11: Com The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. That was always your struggling we have Hallan Oaks. Of course we did. I thought we had calmss good morning guys.
Speaker 3: Hope you're all to a great start to your day.
Speaker 1: It is tat Tuesday.
Speaker 4: It's our number one link today, a lot of you kind of catching up like we are milk Monday's number two. And then six picks from the weekend I got to go to I went to Marti Gras this weekend. Marti Gras at New Orleans, had a great time at Galveston the week before, and then had a killer time this weekend.
Speaker 1: I shared a bunch of pictures. You can go see those on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. You know you've been talking about Gene Hackman and how incredibly sad this story is about the mystery about this death. I mean, I get it. It looks weird, and we always feel like we as the public deserve to know every detail about everything about a celebrity, especially when it comes to their death, and this one is suspicious.
Speaker 3: With the wife and the dog and everything.
Speaker 1: It's this new stuff coming every day every day. I kind of feel because of Gene Hackman's death. I don't know if they're adding a bunch of Gene Hackman movies to the different streaming services. I'm getting a lot of runaway jury emails. Oh really, I'm getting a lot of Runaway Jury emails.
Speaker 4: Even my friend Roman just sent me a thing. He's like, dude, oh my god, check it out. This We just watched this movie over the weekend, and that's the movie I have. My voice is in the movie for three seconds. It's in the very beginning.
Speaker 1: It's in the very very beginning of the movie. Now, I'll say this, the movie is really good. It's called Runaway Jury.
Speaker 4: It's Gene Hackman, it's Dustin Hoffman, who, oddly enough, I think they were roommates when they first started acting together in New York and this is the first time they were ever in a movie together. John Cusack is in it and it's a it's based on a John Grisham book. But Robert just sent this to me, he said, Rod, I saw Netflix just added Gene Hackman movie to their lineup. It's called Runaway Jury. And guess who the first words spoken in the movie are. It's the Rod Ryan Show in New Orleans. I thought it was pretty cool to hear your voice at the very beginning of this movie. If nobody noticed, I definitely did. Longtime listener Toby, Oh, thank you, Robert, Toby Tobias, thank you.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they must have just added that movie. Then people are watching.
Speaker 1: It on Netflix. It must be like coming up on the you know what should you watch? So people, it's a really really good movie. I watched The Replacements this weekend. How was that good? Wait? The Replacements? Oh he's the coach, right yeah, So I was like, all right, count Reeves, Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, that's a good one. That's a good one. Okay, Okay, I got sad news. And then it gets sadder. What did no?
Speaker 3: But they're never playing together again.
Speaker 1: Hall and Oates cannot get on the same page.
Speaker 4: I mean, you think that Hall and Oates might patch things up sooner or later, It doesn't sound like it. Darryl Hall was asked if he would ever reunite with John Oates. He said, quote that ship has gone to the bottom of the ocean. I've had a lot of surprises in my life, disappointments, betrayals, so I'm kind of used to it. And then Hall goes for the jugular saying he wrote most of their songs. He said, the songs with his lead vocals are the songs he wrote. All the other ones, which is about ninety percent, are the ones that I wrote. So Chris Rock had a joke about Hall and Oates back in the day. He goes, I don't know what Oates does, but Hall never had a hit record without him.
Speaker 1: He's not wrong.
Speaker 4: All is seventy eight, Oats is seventy six. There used to be this thing called Call and Oates.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know all about it. Okay, Well if we called it on this show, we've called Colin Oates before. Dude, it's the end of an era. I just tried. It's not working, so I didn't know what you were doing. That makes you really sad. Yeah, yeah, I'm not even gonna try to fumble around. I'm just gonna try to call from my phone here. Call and Oates was a computer automated hotline that had been around for about thirty years, and it was available twenty four to seven.
Speaker 3: If you needed a Hall and Oats fix. This is which I always do.
Speaker 4: This was long before streaming services and everything else. You could call this number.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna dial it right now. I can't talk at the same time. One seven to one. He's still gonna put it one before that?
Speaker 4: Or no, I don't, you don't, I don't Okay, I'm not going to seven one nine.
Speaker 3: Two six six two eight three.
Speaker 1: Seven gonna suck if they give this number to somebody else. Okay, person you are trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time. Please try your call again later. Okay. I think that means that the caller you are trying to reach does not have a number that's in service.
Speaker 4: So not only are we finding out that Hall says he will never play with Oats again, Oats is the one with the mustache, right had the mustache. I think he's since removed it. Now I'm finding out that call and Oats is no longer a viable number.
Speaker 1: I feel like you just told a relative died. This is a double hit today.
Speaker 3: This is a double double hit to.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I'm gonna do the rest today. I don't know if I can handle this. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I wish I could produce a great phone call, a great phoner for you calling Oates.
Speaker 1: It's not working, guys, if you.
Speaker 4: Want to try at home, it's seven six Oats. I might sit here and call it all day until it I don't know if that makes it work, does it?
Speaker 1: If they see, if they see how often I'm calling, will they reinstate. Maybe the number. You know what, we had this many miss calls yesterday. Holy cow, half of Houston's got reactivated. We gotta fire this puppy up.
Speaker 3: Houston wants us back, get.
Speaker 1: The band back together. Houston's gonna sell out.
Speaker 3: Sorry about all that. Hall of Oats, horrible news.
Speaker 1: The Rod Ryan Show ninety four, five ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Popa roach getting away with murder.
Speaker 4: I got the Hall of Oats on the music blog page today that we were just talking about Wes Scantlin. This guy's been getting away with murder for years. It's a story as old as time. Puddle of Mud played a show on Saturday. West Scantlin was an absolute.
Speaker 1: Disaster on stage. It was bad.
Speaker 7: It was bad.
Speaker 1: Uh, water is wet? Yeah, and others. He was at Daytona Bike Week. The band.
Speaker 4: The band raised a bunch of money for cancer research. And I like Wes, I do, and I like Puddle of Mud. It's just he can't get it together. He was awful, and he said he was roofed. He said he was roofed by his old bass player. He said, my old bass player roofed me last night. It doesn't explain it doesn't explain anything. It's just it's really really bad. We were going to use this as a music story, but there was just too much with these new concerts, these big tours coming through town.
Speaker 1: I thought that was more important. And I don't like to pile on West, but you it's it's amazing to me that venues are still risking money on bringing in puddle of mud. You don't know which West is showing up. It's a fifty to fifty whether or not he's going to be able to do the show. You just don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean it really, it.
Speaker 7: Had a run.
Speaker 1: It had been a good thing. They got hits year or two where he oh yeah, we hadn't done anything so.
Speaker 4: Or we didn't hear about it. It just wasn't a complete disaster. I don't know what he's I don't know what kind of shows he's doing. But uh, there's all kinds of stuff that that's always on the music blog page. That's always just a little deeper down. We don't have time to get to all of that stuff. I mean, we got to talk about whether or not you're peeing in the shower, and you know, important super important things. But yeah, so Wes Scanlon, there's there's a clip.
Speaker 1: It's not good. If you want to hear him singing, it's really really bad. I mean, you can just go on YouTube and just say Wes Scantlon terrible singing, and yeah, you're gonna have a million videas you watch. There's some acoustics up too that he's done in the past. The whole boy oh boy.
Speaker 4: We talked earlier today, what a weird brag it is to talk about not reading. Oh I started talking about it because it's the third month of the year, and I do like to low key just on my own.
Speaker 1: I like to do it. I don't even brag about it. And I like to read a book a quarter. Just read a Wikipedia synopsis of a book. Tell people you read the book. It's the same thing. It's not about telling anybody. You're cheating yourself. You're cheating yourself on that.
Speaker 8: No, not.
Speaker 1: If I know the whole plot and finish of a book, that's kind of like reading the book.
Speaker 4: I feel pressure to read a book this month. Get a spark notes Sierra. Sierra sends me an email you ready for this? I don't mind this kind of bragging as someone who has read more than three hundred books a year since twenty nineteen. It shouldn't matter what you're reading, as long as it makes you happy. I was talking about the trash that I read. Now, I know you're putting some stuff together over there.
Speaker 1: Your math you three of sixty five days A yeah, I know that. Okay, that's that seems much. Okay, what else are you doing? She does something called the Reading Challenge check it out. In twenty twenty three, she showed me the screencap five hundred and twenty six of four.
Speaker 3: Hundred books read.
Speaker 4: It's like one point two books a day, five hundred and twenty six. Oh if she's doing She did that in twenty twenty three. In twenty twenty two, she didn't quite hit the completion. She read four hundred and sixty eight of five hundred books. He's got to be short books. He's got to be like my children's books.
Speaker 2: Oh, if I count children's book I've read my daughter like one hundred books then so I'm way over this.
Speaker 1: Look at you, all, proud of your dumb I am bat I read that like five times last week. In twenty twenty one, she read six hundred and eight of seven hundred and fifty books. She completed her challenge in twenty twenty, she read eight hundred and eighty of five hundred books.
Speaker 4: How do you read multiple books a day? He's got to be short little books, or you're not doing anything reading kids books. That's what I get worried about my mom. It's well documented. My mom is a big reader. Reads I don't know, she reads almost She was reading twenty some books a month. Okay, trash, trash, Okay, my mom is eighty seven. She's reading fifty shades gray, that type.
Speaker 1: You know. She's reading trash. She's reading porn, granny, porn, whatever it gets you read. Yeah, but that means if you're reading that much, you're not doing much of anything else. Yeah, and you addicted to books now, And my mom, it's like, okay, that means the problem. That means you're not up around and walking and exercising and doing those types of things.
Speaker 3: You're just reading.
Speaker 1: It's good, but too much of anything is not good. This sounds like too much, right, That sounds like way too much. I settle down, dude, lead some books to the rest of us. She read in twenty twenty she read eight hundred and eighty books. I don't believe that she's in the nerdy. That's like two books a day more than that. Yeah, it is. Did you ever go outside? No? No, your skin looks like old newspapers. You've not seen the sun in forever. If you cant showed these books? Okay, Sierra, what size of these books you're reading? Please get back to men or you're listening? What kind of books? What kind of books?
Speaker 3: And what is the average length?
Speaker 1: Maybe go talk to someone of the books that you're reading, because again, maybe it is children's books.
Speaker 2: If that's showed the books, I am a thousand books in Okay, I know I got credit for that.
Speaker 4: Here's what it's reading. I guess I've got them in pictures. I've got a pair of tickets to go see the Violin Fems. We're playing March eighteenth at White Egg Music Hall. Tickets around sale now at ticketmaster dot com. I will have a pair of tickets for you on the No the Show segment, which is coming up after this.
Speaker 7: Break The rod Ryan Morning Show six.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five.
Speaker 4: Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Thanks for hanging with us this morning. I think the worst of the weather is going to be now eleven o'clock and then just get over it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, weather, it's want this dumb ring to be over with.
Speaker 6: Hope.
Speaker 1: You're off to a great start to your day. Let me take a look here real quick. See how much it's changed. Yeah, the worst part, Yeah, twelve o'clock. It's over at twelve, guys.
Speaker 4: The worst hour is gonna be Yeah, the severe thunderstorms in the eleven o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do another show here. I'm just coming to us for weather. May are you talking to us for free booty?
Speaker 4: Free Booty Violent Femmes are playing March eighteen, White Oak Music Hall.
Speaker 1: I got a pair of tickets for somebody. What's your question gonna be? Who has the most unique name on the Rod Range Show? Okay, that's a good one. I was discussed today on the program seven one three, two one two five nine four five. If you know the show, come prove it. Never miss a minute. Ninety four five. The Buzz is with you in your pocket. Tell your smart device to play ninety four five The Buzz on iHeart.
Speaker 4: Radio ninety four to five The Buzz Beasty Boys, you gotta fight for your right to party nine fifty five.
Speaker 1: Thank you for hanging with us this morning. I appreciate it. Phone lines are ringing, Let's do it. He's now time for you know this show on ninety four five The buzz La La La, Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning, Hello? Who's this.
Speaker 3: Alison?
Speaker 1: How are you today? Allison? I'm doing good? How are you awesome? Are you out there on the roads? Are you in your car? Yeah? Where are you at right now? Where you driving? I'm going home? Okay?
Speaker 3: Where's that?
Speaker 1: Where are you driving?
Speaker 2: I'm driving over off of Northwest Season up Barry Road.
Speaker 1: Okay. I'm just I'm not quizing while I am quizing you. I'm just I'm curious. Quiz well, I'm just curious what the weather's.
Speaker 3: Doing out there.
Speaker 4: We were on the inside of here. I can't tell what's happening outside. What's what's it doing?
Speaker 1: Just raining?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, Well let's see if we can get you in and out here, Allison. Alex has a question for you and know the show.
Speaker 1: Alison. Who has the most unique name on this show? Rod Ryan? Yeah, Rodney me rod me is.
Speaker 4: It's it's the rarest of all the names that are on the show right now, Jose most popular, very popular, followed by Alex and then me like, I'm in the nine hundredths, nine hundredth most popular.
Speaker 1: Name, So I have the most unique name, but I have the least popular name on the Rock Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, Allison.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get your tickets to go see The Violent Femmes March eighteenth, White Oak Music Hall.
Speaker 1: Okay, awesome, thank you so much. All right, thank you. I'm on the phone for me. Kind of had a not a dude Julie thing going on there. Yeah. Yeah, we haven't played that game in a while, have we that we're going back. Tomorrow's last time we played the gender Vendor game. Not this year. We haven't. Oh, and we'll have one last person to try and decide, So I think maybe we'll be back tomorrow. All right, let me think about that.
Speaker 4: Hang on, Alison, let me think if we can pull that off. Hey, guys, again, thank you so much for hanging with us, those of you that we're listening yesterday and commenting on some of the different topics of the best of And that's greatly appreciated.
Speaker 1: The fact that you guys hang in there when we're not here. It means the world to me. Okay. As we wrap things up, slick Rick says.
Speaker 4: He's not a swinger. Made it win number two. He's going for win number three tomorrow. Now, this is a huge week. We're going to continue giving away these tickets before they go on sale. The show that we see to be most excited about is this Offspring show with Jimmy World in Newfound Glory August twenty third. Looks like Chili's gonna probably have those tickets for you around seven twenty tomorrow. We got floor tickets to the sold out Depth Tone show. Looks like he's gonna put those in at around eight twenty bring me the horizon before they go on sale Friday at ten am. He's gonna have those early in the nine o'clock hour. Number one link today was tat Tuesday. Number two was the Milf. Number three was my six picks for the weekend. Thank you very much, Daniel Boggs, you killed it. Thank you in a good way. His more than six picks from Cookoff were killer man.
Speaker 1: That guy I mean, like.
Speaker 4: Charley said, he understood the assignments. We can't play a game tomorrow, though we will have time to play a game tomorrow. I don't know if we could pull off the gender vender.
Speaker 1: I could well, because then we're one and done with like these big tickets. It's usually when we have like a couple of things. I mean, if I can scrape something up, do it like we have a bunch of these roughnecks tickets. Oh yeah, But I'm just saying like we can lose a couple of times. We have multiple tickets, ok, to give away, So let me work on that. If you have some other suggestions for some games, you can email me directly Rod at thebuzz dot com. Big Jeremy Benson, did you know who's getting married and he's gauged? Oh no, he's getting married like he's putting together the wedding and everything. Asked me for my address.
Speaker 4: It's getting down to that type of thing. Big Jeremy Benson is up next. He'll get you through that rainy those rainy first couple of hours of his show. Pick your tickets with him. In the one o'clock hour, he's got the NonStop nooner. Be nice outside later. It'll be wet outside, but it'll be nice later.
Speaker 1: No rain. Raba McIntyre twentyth appearance at the Rodeo tonight. Yeah, that's amazing to me. It's gonna be awesome man.
Speaker 4: All Right, we're back on with you tomorrow. We're on a twenty hour break. Guys, have a great tattooesday. Hey, am a, Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 8: If you missed any of the show today, All the good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.