Speaker 1: The disclaimer to the fair season Karen's out there, Oh dare you? All guests on the show do not reflect the opinions of the host. The purpose of the show is to have interesting conversations, stretch our minds and.
Speaker 2: Grow, not what we want.
Speaker 1: If you are looking for an echo chamber viewer and listener discretion.
Speaker 3: He's advised.
Speaker 4: You talk about extreme.
Speaker 2: What is happening and what is up? Hold out your glass because we're about to feel it.
Speaker 1: Up torches high, you know, look at it from a different perspective, different perspective.
Speaker 5: Different, perfect.
Speaker 2: Honey, guys, what is happening and what is up? Hold out your glass because we are about to feel it. Welcome to the vermeth This Lens podcast asked the place where the conversations are always in lightning. I'm your host, Doc Brown, and here we like to use the allegory of the Prometheus lens to take a second look at everything. Hey, if you listen on appleis qualify. I know, straight up, ads suck put for four bucks a month. Four bucks a month, okay, homeless people come up with four dollars a day for their addictions. You're without excuse. You can get you with ad free listening experience. Well, hey guys, man, I got a good one lined up for you. This is a man that I met through a brother, David Paxton. This is a writer, a filmmaker, a researcher and explorer. And me and this man we'll probably talked close to an hour pre roll, so we're kind of kindred spirits. So I'm really excited to see where this conversation goes and some of the cool stories and legends and stuff. This guy has just dug up here recently because he's working on some documentaries that are in the works and should be out pretty soon. But I like to welcome to the show for the first time, first of many, hopefully Nestor Or say did I get that right?
Speaker 4: You got it right?
Speaker 5: Nice? Yeah, thanks for having me. This is such an honor.
Speaker 2: Hey, man, No, I actually got to see your episode one before you took it down because you said that you had found one of your sources was a little off and you wanted to get it right, so you pulled it down. But I'm definitely excited to see some of the other stuff, but good quality stuff.
Speaker 5: Man. Yeah, So, as you mentioned before, I did end up pulling the episode down. Because there was just one piece of information there that wasn't completely accurate. So I ended up pulling the episode down and I'm going to be revising certain shots and just certain things in the episode that I feel like when I first start the first time, I was like, I.
Speaker 4: Could probably be a little better.
Speaker 5: But overall, the impression that I got from people who saw it, especially people in Puerto Rico, they loved the episode, and a lot of them came up to me, They're like, man, I didn't know this. I didn't know that, you know. So you had like people who were like lifetime locals like watching this and like being enlightened and finding out all this information for the first time in their lives, which I thought was really it was humbling to hear. So I think, I think I'm doing some pretty good work here, you know, not to sort of prop myself up, but in the sense that when I worked on this documentary, I really my job.
Speaker 4: Was to.
Speaker 5: Find sort of the source of my roots and sort of rediscover my roots. And as I started digging into it, I started finding out things about my own culture and my own country that just blew my mind. And as you're going to see throughout the series. It really connects to just the larger creation worldview. So I'm really excited for people to see this when it comes out.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, man, before we get too deep in it, just give everybody just a little synopsis, a little background. Let everybody know who Nasture is, what kind of writing you do or what kind of filming you do, likes, interest, expertise, you know, are you a Capricorn? Do you like long walks in the forest, barefoot? You know? Give everybody a good feel.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So my name is nes Star, I say, and outside of that, outside of filmmaking and traveling and writing, I'm just the regular guy. I love Jesus, I'm married, I have a dog. I live in New York City. I actually teach special ed children in pre school, so that's a really really I love that field and I've been doing it for over a decade. When I'm not doing that more lighting as a filmmaker, writer, adventure, I just finished up an article called Pirates and Voodoo for a coffee company called Expedition Society Adventure Coffee, and they have a journal section there where you can find the story that I wrote on Robert Doci, who was considered the last great Pirate of the Caribbean, and also a little weird morbid tail concerning a Manning John Stevens and how his inerts basically became entoumbed inside a pot. So I don't want to spoil too much, but if you're into those kind of stories, you know, said to the Caribbean, make sure you check it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, that's awesome. Well, this recent I don't know, this recent excursion that that that you went on in this documentary that you're working on. What is the name of the series and what's the subject matter?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so the name of the series is Myths and Legends from Mols On Juan and Bits and Legend from most Sonjuan dives deep into four of the most important monuments across the old District of San Juan in Puerto Rico. So we're going to take a look a closer look at the monuments of La Grita Diablo, the Double Sentry Box. We're going to be looking into Lativa, which is a statue that represents just a great miracle that occurred during a siege where San Juan and the whole of Puerto Rico were almost taken by the English. We're going to be looking into the legend of Fan Ponce de Leon, which we looked at in the first episode and his ties to the Fountain of Youth. And then the last one we're going to be looking into is going to be La Caapilla Cristo, which is the Chapel of Christ. And the story there is really interesting and it involved a man who was in the middle of a horse race and basically fell off the cliff, and it is said in the legend that when he fell off the cliff, this priest was praying for him and he up surviving the fall, and so in order to commemorate that miracle, they built a chapel there, and when you go inside, there's like a bunch of like really cool trinkets like silver and stuff like that, and people go there and they pray for healing, and there's been supposedly a lot of miracles that have happened in that area. Now, the weird thing about legends is that they tend to have a lot of variations through culture, so that one version the guy and the horse end up surviving, but then there's other versions that recorded that both the man and the horse die. So we're going to be exploring all that stuff and not to go into too much spoilers, but then I do believe that there is a grander connection to the spiritual creation worldview in that. So that's basically the gist of it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm definitely interested to see what you found in some of the cool stories because that's a section of the world I've really not looked into much. So this is going to be a learning experience for me and I'm sure some of the listeners too. You are the field god on this journey, sir. So wherever you want to start us off and take us through, man, go right ahead.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll give you a list of options, right Puerto Rico.
Speaker 5: Puerto Rico is an island that is often overlooked. It is considered a lot of people don't know this, but it is considered part of the US.
Speaker 4: It is a US territory.
Speaker 5: A lot of people are trying to convert Puerto Rico into its own fifty first state. So there's a lot of significance when it comes to its geo geography, and it's a political power in the world.
Speaker 4: So I'll say this.
Speaker 5: If you like adventure, you like pirates, you like aliens, you like Bigfoot, you like cryptid stuff, you like government conspiracies. I mean, what doesn't Puerto Rico have. So there's just so much to expe war there. When it comes to even ghost if you're into ghost stuff, there's tons of ghost stories and supposedly haunted places there. So yeah, there's so much we could get into, and even like with the whole like Tino stuff, the Tino Indian who first inhabited the island, you know, many hundreds thousands of years ago. I was doing research a little bit and have you ever heard of the Nazario Collection. This is really fascinating. So the Nazario codec that.
Speaker 2: The river winds Joseph, Yes, Joseph, Hey, he's from down there. That was his tried the Tiano correct.
Speaker 5: So I'm actually reading his book right now as part of my research for the documentary. So I do want to get into some of that stuff, but it's it's really fascinating. So this connects into a little bit into the Nazario collection. So the story goes back sometime during the eighteen hundreds. There was a priest named follow the Nazario, and he was in touch with a Tino tribe there, and so he knew a local woman there who was passing away. The story goes as this woman who was about to pass away, she says, Hey, this is like collection of like weird rocks like out in the jungle that I think you should like take a look at before I pass away. He goes out into the middle of the jungle. He finds his collection of stones, and some of these stones are like tablets, some of these stones that look like like little idols. But then the really strange part is that on these stones there's inscriptions of an unknown language. This is really fascinating and till this day they haven't been able to decipher what this language is. But if you look at it, a lot of people theorize that it could potentially be ancient Hebrew, it could be Babylonian. It doesn't look like it's from the island. And so there's a theory that these stones and the Tinianos are then connected to them the lost tribes of Israel, which is I mean, you talk about Puerto Rico, like this is not something that you would ever think you find in the middle of like an island in the Caribbean. But yet here we are and some of these stones, they've been separated. I think there's all's a collection of like eight hundred stones, so that they found tons of wild things, eight hundreds of them, and some of them been separated in different museums of the world, including the Smithsonian Institute. But if you get a chance to like look into it is really really fascinating stuff. So it's kind of going, you know, just to give you an idea of sort of just the untapped history of Puerto Rico because you think, you know, when you go to school, what do you learn, Oh, you know, Christopher Columbus discovered America in fourteen ninety two.
Speaker 4: May not be fully accurate.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, that's one of those things. It's you kind of get the the thirty thousand foot view of history and whether it's lies, whether it's misconceptions, either way, it just it ain't right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, I mean up until just recently, I mean when I was growing up in school, I will say, hey, who discovered America's Christopher Columbus. But then when you do your own research, Laife Garrison, who's this dude like Viking?
Speaker 4: Like what?
Speaker 5: And then you're finding out there finding all these Viking artifacts all over America and possibly even like some Chinese or artifacts as well. So it just makes you think, well, if they're finding this kind of stuff in America, then what else are they finding in Puerto Rico. I mean, they've already found those Zara collection and who knows what else is out there that has yet to be discovered you can go into like lost treasures.
Speaker 4: Some people.
Speaker 5: Actually there's this island next to Puerto Rico, culqu and Viekas two islands, So these two islands, smaller islands are next to Puerto Rico. They still believe that there's lost treasure over there as well. So that's really interesting. So if you want to go digging up for some treasure, I feel like that's be a good place to start.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah man.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Now with our pre roll talk, we were talking a little bit about Bigfoot and you said there's even Bigfoot stories down there. Now that blew my mind.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So Puerto Rico has its own version of the Bigfoot. And I actually found this out before we started recording. So I'm in touch with a man down there.
Speaker 4: His name is.
Speaker 5: Horte Martin Miranda. Well, we typically call him hort Martin and Horte Martin. If you know Puerto Rican culture, this dude is huge, and he was the guy who was the main investigator, one of the main investigators.
Speaker 4: I would say he was the main one though.
Speaker 5: Back in the nineties when the whole tripa Gabba craze was happening on the island. He was the guy who was like at the forefront. He was like making documentaries and he was reporting on all the the attacks that were happening on farms with animals being drained of blood, basically being this figure this you know, dismantled, it's still happening now, which is crazy. He actually just reported two days ago that there was an attack in the town where I'm from, Kaya, which is really crazy. So this is the guy you want to talk to when it comes to any sort of like UFO stuff. So from him I actually learned because I was doing research. You know, is there bigfoot like in Puerto Rico. It's really interesting because they have their own version of the Bigfoot, and I think they call it the Yetioid. The reason they call it the yetioid, it's because it's a cross between what they believe to be an alien being and a bigfoot. So these are you know, bipedal cree matures. They're about four to eight feet tall, so they're in varying degrees and various various sizes. But they're built like like how you would think saw squads would be built. So they have red eyes, you know, they're very hairy all over, and there's been stories of these things going around and attacking very similar to how the Chroopagabta attacks animals, just feeding off their blood, you know, disfiguring these animals and just leaving them out to dry. The crazy thing is that when they do find these animals, they're completely like dry of blood. So this is really crazy how this is happening. There have been rumors though that potentially these could be satanic sacrifices. Puerto Rico is just a huge hotbed of Santa ri Palomayombe. It's a big mix of a lot of old African pagan worship and religion and customs that migrated to Puerto Rico during the slave trade, and so a lot of people believe, because these traditions are still being practiced and we're carried down from back then, that this is what it could potentially be. But when you really look into some of these photos and just read some of these reports from these eyewitnesses that are just finding their livestock dead on their farms.
Speaker 4: It's just really weird stuff, really more good.
Speaker 2: Stuff, Yeah, especially to you. I mean, like if you're a farmer and you know something's attacking your cattle or your sheep or whatever the case may be. I mean, that's your livelihood, that's how you make your money. So not only is it spooky and scary, it's hitting them in their wallet, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's very stressful. I mean it's like you mentioned, it's really stressful. And then on top of that, you're being told, way, this isn't being done by like a non human, Like, how do you even explain that to your family? How do you even explain that to your neighbors? So you have stuff like that happening all over the island. So actually, I have a couple of stories that occurred to me while there, and a lot of these stories are what served as stepping stones, stepping stones as to why I am doing what I am. Now, I'll tell you one of them. I actually said the story on another podcast, but it really it really affected me on a personal level because it happened when I was a child, and so I remember just sitting down TV one they I was five years old.
Speaker 4: This happened back.
Speaker 5: In nineteen ninety I say, nineteen ninety five, nineteen ninety six, and.
Speaker 2: This which is in Puerto Rico.
Speaker 5: This was in Puerto Rico, right, And another really interesting parallel there is that during this time was the height of the Troupacabra attacks.
Speaker 4: Very interesting. So I was watching TV in Puerto Rico.
Speaker 5: This was in the town of kaya and it was in a precinct of Kaye, but it was in a town called Doita. So I was living in Toita with my parents, a nice little pink house.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: We had a yard around and everything, fencing, yard.
Speaker 4: Life was good.
Speaker 5: So one day my mom she would let me watch this like Puerto Rican sketch comedy show that would come on Wednesday nights at nine o'clock. And that was the only time she would allow me to stay up just to watch that show at nine o'clock. And as soon as that show was over, straight to the side to go to bed and go to school you know.
Speaker 4: The next day.
Speaker 5: So I was watching this show and as I'm watching the show, in Puerto Rico, we have screen doors because it's so hot on the island, so these doors basically have screens. That way, you could just let in fresh air during the daytime and in the evening just gets nice and cool. So the door was on the screen door, and we also had a separate door on the inside, like the actual door that was open. As I'm sitting there watching TV. I don't know why, I felt like someone or something was standing on the screen door. You just I don't know if you've ever felt that presence of something just watching you, someone just spy on him.
Speaker 4: And I'm sitting with Yeah, your shoulders or something.
Speaker 5: Right, It's like a weight on your shoulder. You just feel something looking at you. And so I naturally just turned around to see if there was something there. And as soon as I turn my head, all I see is just a red cape just sort of soosh past the screen door.
Speaker 2: Tell you, guys, it's no secret that every single day your dollar loses its value. If a man invested one thousand dollars in silver in the sixties, today, that same one thousand dollars would have magically turned into almost thirty thousand dollars silver and gold only continues to increase in value. If you have a four to oh one K or money setting in savings that is just a number in a computer system that is one MP or hack away from being deleted forever. I have recently teamed up with Cornerstone Assets and Metals and started investing in gold and silver myself, and I highly encourage the listeners. If you have money in savings just sitting there, invest it in hard tangible assets. The same thing with your four O one ks. Take a twenty to thirty percent cut of that four oh one k, that number in a computer system and invest into hard tangible assets that has proven to only increase in value. Be sure to check out the link in the description or the number on the screen, and be sure to tell them that Doc Brown from Prometheus Lynn sent you. Torch is high. Guys, Are you a hundred a hiker for just an outdoor enthusiast? Believe you are? You know that good quality gear is hard to come by, and find an All American maid It's like finding Bigfoot in the woods. Hence the name that Squatch Survival Gear. Head on over to Squatch survival gear dot com use the code p LP ten for ten percent off store wide.
Speaker 5: The best way I could describe it's just a red cake. Mind you, I'm like five years old at this time. I'm like, Okay, who is this is a superman?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: Around that time, it was like it was Three Kings Day that we celebrate in Puerto Rico. Three Kings Day is basically Christmas Part two for us, where we celebrate the Avenue Christ and the Mages basically visiting Christ to celebrate his birth. This happened around January, so I'm thinking, okay, like, the Three Kings are here, cool man, they bring me presents. I go outside, I look around the yard and there's no one. There's nothing there. And that was my first big, I would say, paranormal experience on the island of Puerto Rico. And so from then on throughout my childhood, every time things would get really difficult in my life, I would always recall back to that one moment and it would remind me, Man, there's just so much more to this life than just the physical. Like there's something there that although it could be tangible in another dimension, it's not really tangible to us. We can't really understand it. But it's just something there.
Speaker 4: So that whole incident.
Speaker 5: Set me on the path that I'm in now and trying to understand Puerto Rican culture, Puerto Rican history, and how that ties into the grander creation worldview. Well with.
Speaker 2: Like your initiation or first step on the journey, you know, I like to pick people's brains, like if they wrote a book or done a documentary or something like that, there's usually like a lot Buld moment, you know what I mean, where you're just like that's what I want to do, yeah, you know, or something like that. What was your light bulb moment to be like, Okay, I'm going to dig into my culture's history and I'm going to film this stuff.
Speaker 5: Wow, So you really hit on something here, because all right, so this is another story that actually happened to me last year. This was another what I believe to be a paranormal encounter. And I've never shared this with anyone outside of specific people, but I am willing to shirt now because I am ready, and I think it does provide important context to why I am doing ITTs and Legends from als On Haun. One thing that I didn't see in the intro is that I've actually served as a missionary in countries in South America. So last year I actually went on Mississtrip to Guatemala. Guatemala is a really interesting country, very like Puerto Rico. Just a lot of paranormal stuff and people are also very open to talking about it as well. So the light bulb moment comes one night last year around February, when I was in the middle of Guatemala and we were like deep. We were in this Western Highlands is what they call it, So this is like almost on the other side towards the Pacific.
Speaker 4: So we basically.
Speaker 5: Got off off the plane in Guatemala City, we got on a chicken bus and we drove about eight hours away from the city through the mountains and we landed on the village called Nebah, so we were in nearby. We stayed at the mission center that we were at, being hosted by just an amazing couple.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to start their names just to protect them because.
Speaker 5: What I'm about to explain happen on their property. So we had just come back from a service where we were praying for people, and I decided, all right, I'm going to take off my my blazer and just put on my gear and I'm just going to go off for our little night hike. And the thing is that they had a huge they have a huge property in their land where and they have like little hiking trails you can go on. There's like a field in the middle of this property that you could just go up and you could just look at the night stys night night sky, and it's beautiful.
Speaker 4: You can see all the stars.
Speaker 5: You know. So I decide, all right, I'm just gonna go out there kind of explore at night, see what's up. You know. It's a beautiful evening. It's not too hot, not too cold. And I had my headlamp on, so that was like the only light source I had. In the middle of like there's guadam all in forest. So as I'm going, I had to walk up a trail man made trail, and then veer past the right, and then once you veer on the right, there's like a villa. And so I'm making mental notes in my mind, and I'm thinking, Okay, so if I ever get lost in the woods, that's going to be like my landmark, the porch light on that villa. So I keep going and right before you get to like the section where the forest is at there's actually a fence or barbed wire. So basically I took the I opened the fence, I went into the open part of the forest, and I started just walking around beautiful, just exploring, looking at the trees at night and just how quiet it was. It was kind of scary, but it was like really exciting at the same time, just being out there because you just can't hear it.
Speaker 2: That's where I find God Man. Yeah, get me out in the woods or something like that, and just get me a nature something that makes me just feel really small. Yeah, you know, Yeah, that's where I find God Man every time.
Speaker 4: Amen.
Speaker 5: But I'll tell you on this night, I did not find God out there. I know he's there. I know he's omni President. So God was there, but I found something else, is what I meant to say. So, uh, I'm like going around. So I go past the open field, start walking across, start looking at the stars, and I'm like, man, that's a really nice night. Let me just keep going. And as you walk across the field, there's also another barbedier fence. So I'm thinking, all right, I'm just gonna just loop around, go past the barbarier fence, get on the main road, and then come back to the mission center and just end the night. As I'm going past the second barbedire fence, I close it behind me, and as I'm walking up the hill to go into the main road, i start hearing rustling of leaves and I'm thinking, okay, I'm in the middle of Guatama. I'm by myself, people very little people know I'm out here. I don't know if maybe this is a dog. I don't know what it is, but it was kind of spooking me a little bit. So I decide, all right, I don't know what this is. I think I'm just gonna go back around the other way where I came back, start heading back because I don't know what's happening, just to be on the safe side, you know. And the time that we were at is you know, at night. It's also like a lot of drunks and just a drug addicts, so it wasn't the safest place at night.
Speaker 4: So I made the white decision to come back.
Speaker 5: As I'm coming back, I'm like, whatever this is, whoever this is, they've probably already seen me because I have my headlamp on. So I decided to put it on the red mode. That way, it could just dim the light a little bit, and I slowly start calling back. I close the fence behind me, and I start slowly walking across the field. And at a certain point, as I'm making my way back, I decide to put the headline back onto this regular light because I can't see where I'm going. Almost twist my leg on a hole in the middle of the field. And as I'm walking across the field, I don't know how else to explain this, but I hear a growl behind my ear, very ominous growl. This point, I'm thinking this is an animal. It's just like some sort of like spirit. I don't know what's happening. At this point, I just started poking it right now.
Speaker 4: As a Christian, yeah, so.
Speaker 5: As a Christian, I'm thinking, Look, I wasn't thinking a time. Look, I have the authority of Christ on me. I could have just rebuked that. But I'm also human. So at that point, FEDG just overtook me because it could be a wild animal, so I just start running and running and running. At this point, I can't find the second fence where I came from, so I ended up jumping over the bar boar fence, and I'm trying to find Okay, where's the villa with the light source?
Speaker 4: Where is it? Where is it? Where is it?
Speaker 5: I hear another growl and I'm running. Suddenly I see the villa up ahead, and because I see the porch light, and I'm like, all right, I'm heading the right way. I just keep running head back to the mission center, and right there, I go back into my room and the other guys are looking at me like why is this guy out of breath? Like what's happening? Like he go out for like a night jog or whatever. And I was very open and I told him, look, this is what ended up happening to me. Guys like I just I cannot explain it. So I got a little curious. I you know, my anxiety was hype, but it fell asleep. So I got a little curious. A couple of days later, maybe a day later, I don't remember the timeframe, but I decided to sort of investigate a little bit, and I'm like, I wonder if anyone else around here has had any weird experiences. So I spoke to one of my friends and she's like, yeah, you should speak to this other girlfriend of mine, this other one who's on the missions trip. She's told me something that she's experienced while she was here.
Speaker 4: On the campground.
Speaker 5: I'm like, okay, So I pulled her over, I speak to her in private, and she tells I tell her my experience, like, look, this is what I experienced out there when I was out in the field that night. And she looks at me like she's like, I gotta tell you something, And I said, okay. She says, the other night, while I was taking a shower in the villa, the window from the shower was open, and she heard a growl, but it was outside of the window. Now, mind you, she heard this growl outside of the window spook to her so much that she practically just didn't even finish her shower. She ran back to her room. But the interesting part is that this was on a second floor window, and there's no ledges underneath this window, so that was really weird. So that's somebody else having an experience. And then a few days after that, I was approached by a couple of other ladies that were on the Mississ trip with us, and they told us, Hey, were you like hiking out like at five in the morning this morning. I was like, what, yeah, yeah, yeah, we were out in the field at five in the morning. We went to go, you know, pray it and praise the Lord, and we thought we saw you.
Speaker 4: We saw you with your cap.
Speaker 5: On, just standing in the middle of the field, just looking up into the sky.
Speaker 4: Now I told the story to the Kais.
Speaker 5: I'm like, guys, when have you ever seen me wake up at five in the morning and go back out into that field? And that's the encounter that I had. And so from then on I came back home to New York and it just peaked this curiosity in me. I'm like, this was really weird. This happened during the mission strip. Was there a spiritual connection between what we were doing there? And could this have been maybe some sort of retribution against maybe whatever principalities were in that area. I just can't explain it. That's kind of like my personal theory territorial spirit, right. And then from there, I'm like, I have to find out what this is. So my whole life, I've always had these sort of encounters, and so I decided, all right, the best place to start at is in my own home country. I wonder if they have anything similar with territorial spirits or these sort of encounters and stuff like that. And yeah, sure enough, there's tons of material in that one island. And so that's where the concept of meds and legends from Alsa one came from, from that one experience I had last year. So you're the first person to have been told that story.
Speaker 2: So there you go, man, I thank you for sharing it with me.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, well, when you started looking through these and once you started, you know, combing through and if you could pick like one that was I don't know, either just the craziest, wildest story or like a paradigm shift story. I mean, is there is there one that really just like blew your mind?
Speaker 5: Between the one I just shared and the one that happened to me at five years old, it's.
Speaker 2: Hardly like the missing legends and stuff that you had found of the area.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well, you know, I think it's all connected.
Speaker 5: I think, you know, it's it's really hard to choose one one or the other because as I've looked in Puerto Rico specifically, there's this one thing that I found which I'm trying to get some consultation on which I have shown to David and he was pretty blown away by So I don't want to go too much into it because it is like a big spoiler, and I do want to reveal it towards the end of the series. But I may have found something really really fascinating that just it really blew me away and really changed my concept of not just the city of San Juan, but just Puerto Rico and you know as a whole. So in time you'll get to see that. But from what I've been doing research on what I've shown David, and I'm actually going to be consulting with a lot of other people, a lot of people don't know about this, which is really crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I was talking about the start of the show. That's something that I'm ignorant on. I've not really looked into. But like you said, that that's a region that is heavily overlooked and it's you know, has to be right full of supernatural activity and legends and lore and like you said, just put the spiritual stuff just to the side, but just all the the pirates and the stealing of gold and you know, uh, I'm sure there's plenty of stories of pirates crossing each other and killing each other and hiding the treasure and died before they came back, and their spirits. You know, you have all those kind of cool stories throughout the world, so I'm sure you had found some in your home country too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: As I said, Puerto Rico is such a beautiful country, but it is very underrated and unfortunately there's a lot of corruption there and there's just a lot of just not so great infrastructure. To this day, there is a huge issue with the electrical system, like something.
Speaker 4: Could just stick. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was actually in the middle of one of them when I was filming. Actually, I'm going to show it off in the second episode where I actually went out during the middle of this hurricane and I was just shooting, and I was with a buddy of mine at the time, and we were just like locked up in the hotel and something told me, look.
Speaker 4: We're in Puerto Rico.
Speaker 5: I don't care if there's like asteroids coming. We're going to enjoy the strip. And I got some work to do. So I took out my camera, put on my backpack, put on my my my ring my ring jacket or how do you call those, you know, the parks right, Yeah, the ponchos there you go. So I put on my poncho and we just had it out and sure enough, I ended up running into probably one of the most fascinating stories I've heard from a local there. So you will see that in an episode two, actually illustrated by this really cool artists from Egypt called Huda Amien, So you'll kind of get to see that story of what it is that I discovered during that little excursion that I took in the middle of the hurricane. And it's fascinating because they really just set the tone for the rest of the episode and just to give people backdrop a little just a little backdrop of what the episode is going to be about. It's going to be exploring the spiritual world of Puerto Rico. So we're going to be diving into Tiana gods, We're going to be diving into local legends, haunted places. We're going to be looking into just maybe even your fox stuff and how that is potentially connected to just significance of Ol San Juan because there is a spiritual significance to it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's all interconnected. Well, if you don't care, I know you had released that first episode, but had took taken it down. But I recall one of the stories was the devil Sentry Box. Yeah, you care to tell that to the listener?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 5: So, yeah, that actually that was a really fascinating story because I would say, that's even another point in my life that really just set the stretjectory for why I'm doing the documentary now. When I first heard about the double sentry Box, I had just come from youth group, the church youth group. And I know this is gonna sound really weird, but I would come back from church youth group on Friday nights and then I would come home. I would just lay in my bed and I will turn on the History Channel, and on the History Channel, I don't know if you remember this, but they would give like a little marathon on the show called Haunted History, and Haunted History would basically visit different cities across America and it basically just recount like the haunted history of like certain cities or monuments or just things like that. So one really late Friday night, I was just laying in bed, must have been like one two in the morning, and they had done an episode on Puerto Rico and I'm like, I have to watch this, like this is cool.
Speaker 4: I wonder what they have.
Speaker 5: In Puerto Rico and behold, one of the segments that they had on that episode was the devil Sentry Box. This is probably one of my favorite legends from Puerto Rican lore because it's just really fast.
Speaker 4: I don't know why. It just captivated me when I was a kid.
Speaker 2: And a century box is basically, for those that don't know, is like a guard's watch tower.
Speaker 5: Right right, Yeah, it is a guard's watch tower. And so this guard's watch tower is basically considered the oldest part of the.
Speaker 4: I want to say.
Speaker 5: It's called the Castillo Cristoval, which is the Saint Christopher Fort in Puerto Rico, which I believe it's considered the largest fort Spanish built fort Indie America's this thing.
Speaker 4: You go inside.
Speaker 5: This thing is huge, but it was even bigger back in the day. But unfortunately, due to development and erosion, much of the fort has been taken down, you know, has been demolished and stuff like that. So when you go to San Juan now you basically have just a small portion of that fort, which is still huge.
Speaker 4: You can go in there.
Speaker 5: You pay like ten bucks. You can explore the whole fort fort for the day and it's really fascinating. But going back to the Devil sentry box, the double sentry box is the oldest part of that fort, and you could tell the difference between like the architecture where a lot of it in the newer part of the fort. You see it's all built with like stone and bricks and stuff like that. But then this portion of the fort, I want to say, it's probably cement or some sort of like sediment, but it just looks so radically different from the rest of the fort, and it's really isolated too. So the story goes and one day, this happened in the fifteen hundreds, when the Spanish were occupying Puerto Rico, there was a man who was posted on that sentry box and every night he would singing songs on his guitar and he would just play songs on his guitar and the guards would basically listen to him, and that was like his their indicator of Okay, this guy is like in his post, no problem. This was the common occurrence. Every night he would come in, he would settling his post, he would play his guitar.
Speaker 4: He was singing.
Speaker 5: Then when the shift was done in the morning, he would just head back out to his barracks and.
Speaker 4: That's a game over.
Speaker 5: One night, the guards were walking around and they hear this blood curling scream come from from the sentry box, and they're wondering, okay, are we under attack?
Speaker 4: Who coming? Now?
Speaker 5: The English, the French, the Dutch? Are pirates attacking? What's happening? Are we being ambushed? So they all run down to the sentry box. The story says that when they get to the sentry box, the guard is no longer found, and so they believe or rather they saw just his uniform on the floor, a broken guitar, and his weapon on the floor. But a really particular detail in that story was the smell of sofur. The guards explained that they smell the smell of sufur inside of the sentry box. So to this day, a lot of people don't know what happened to the guard. They don't know if maybe he.
Speaker 4: Deserted his position, maybe the devil himself took him.
Speaker 5: I've heard stories of that specific guard box guard tower being maybe a place where portal opened up and he just fell into it. For maybe even suicide stories I have heard. The story itself is not real, but it is just so fascinating to me, and that kind of just opens up another world spiritually of portals being in Puerto Rico. Could there be portals to other dimensions in Puerto Rico? I mean, we hear those kind of stories from the Ufoon encounters. Just these different cryptis that are showing up. Even you go to other monuments, you're seeing spirits showing.
Speaker 4: Up and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Could these potentially be maybe other beings, all the worldly beings that are sort of entering our dimension and trying to disrupt whatever is happening in our side of the realm. And we're going to get into the double sentry box and all that stuff in the second episode more in detail. But it's something that I've always found really fascinating, just that whole realm of spiritual portals in Puerto Rico. And just sticking to that topic, my wife and I we were in my family's property many years ago, I think this must have been twenty nineteen, and we had just come back from just an excursion on the island that day, and so we hopped out of the car and my family lives like in the middle of nowhere. They live on the mountains, so living on the mountains, and so we naturally just like to head up on top of the hill because my family lives on Their home is on top of the like probably one of the tallest mountains in that region. So when you get out, you could just see the entire just the valley and everything.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful.
Speaker 5: So my wife and I we get out, you know, we're enjoying the sunset.
Speaker 4: But on that day, it was.
Speaker 5: Really weird because the sky it wasn't like I don't think it was sunny. I think it was like partly cloudy on like one side of the country, and then like behind us it was sunny. Because Puerto Rico is like that, like you'll literally drive around the island and there's parts of the island that are just super cloudy and just rainy, and then like the other side will be just completely sunny. So it's like one of those days. So we get out, we're looking over the valley, we're looking at the clouds, and my wife looks up and she's like, hey, what's that. What's that in the sky, And I'm like where and she points like right there, and she sees what looks like these two objects just flying in front of the clouds. And it's weird because as they're flying, you're seeing this partying in the cloud just open and inside of the cloud. It looks really like orange and like a golden orange. And these two objects just go inside of this party in the cloud and just closes back up.
Speaker 2: Oh wow. Yeah, and you both saw this.
Speaker 4: We both saw this. Oh saw that.
Speaker 5: And I'll share with you another story that happened on that exact same spots. So on that exact same spot, on another night that we were there. I think this must have happened before that incident, but on that night we were both just stargazing. So again, out there, it's just open country. You're looking at stars. We're laying down the middle of the road, and there's no cars that pass through there at night. It's a very just isolated part of the island. So I bring on my camera. I'm taking pictures of the stars, you know, doing some sort of like you know, low exposure photography, and we hear this scream from like one of the just coming from like the other side of the mountain.
Speaker 4: Just a guy just go just echoes throughout the mountain side, and we're thinking, what was that?
Speaker 5: Probably just some couple of guys like on the other side of the mountain having fun, because like a mile or two or three down the road, there's like this big strip of restaurants and bars where people tend to party on Saturday the night. So we're thinking, maybe it's just a couple of dudes just having fun and screaming out.
Speaker 4: And then.
Speaker 5: As I turn around to look at my wife who was standing behind me, I see this little white wisp just go right past her and.
Speaker 4: Just completely disappears.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, did I just.
Speaker 4: I just saw that it was just a white, just wisp.
Speaker 5: And mind you, it's pitch black. The only the only light source is like the moon and the stars, and I just see this white wisp just sort of materialized behind her and then just disappears, like just a cloud of smoke.
Speaker 4: It was really weird, and.
Speaker 2: It was in conjunction with the scream. Like you heard the scream, you look back to her, Yeah, this was and that's when it happens.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this has happened literally just a few seconds after we heard the scream. After we heard the scream, I turned back at my wife and I'm thinking, what was that. We might've heard the scream a second time. I don't, I'm not too sure, but I just know that we just heard a scream and then one of the times and I just saw like a white wisp just it was almost like it was just floating, floating on the road just right behind her. And I told her, hey, I just saw something behind you. It just disappeared, and she just got so really creeped out. She's like, I want to run back to the house, like I'm not doing this, And me, being the crazy guy that.
Speaker 4: Am, I was like, I want to check this out. Let's see what this.
Speaker 5: Is, you know, And so of course, you know, I had to listen to the wife. Man, I'm like, all right, fine, let's go back inside the house. And yeah, that that was just really weird. And that happened right in that same property where we saw those two flying objects go into that party in the cloud, which is really fascinating. I also had another encounter there when I was younger as well, on that same spot, which is really weird. I guess I can add into that because I think there's just something there. So when I was a kid, this was it must have been around eight. I think I was like eight years old. My parents have sent me to Puerto Rico one summer. I think they were like having like memorial issues, and so in order to just sort of like get us out of the house and away from that, they just decided to send us with our family for the summer.
Speaker 4: So I was hanging out.
Speaker 5: I was with my aunt and uncle, and so there's a tradition on Saturday nights where most people on the island go to Catholic church. Now over here in the States, we tend to have Catholic masks on Sundays. When Puerto Rico is very popular to then have Catholic masks on a Saturday night, and then after the Mass is finished, then you go out and party and drink and do all that. Oh that don't holy stuff, right, So you know, that's just how we are as Puerto Ricans.
Speaker 2: I've cleans the temple to dirty it up again.
Speaker 5: That's right there you go, man, It's like Marty Graut every weekend. So yeah, my and an uncle had just taken us to the Mass and we came out, and so we had this little tradition. As soon as they came out of church. They would take us to a local bakery. We got a little sugar doughnut, and then we used to have some quick, some chocolate quick. They used to call it quick back in the day. Now it's called nest quick or I don't even know what it's called now. It was chocol mill. It was like my favorite treat ever. And they're like, all right, now that we got settled, we got our snacks for the night, let's head back on to the property. So we would drive up the mountain about like a nice little fifteen minute drive. It's so dark you can't barely even see the hand in front of you, and so the only light source is maybe just a couple of like lamp posts spread across the road and just you know, the lights on your car. And so we ended up pulling up to the property. We went into the garage, and I decided just to go out to the top of the hill, the same spot where the first two stories took place at I'm like, huh, it's really nice, Like I don't know why I'm being drawn to this area. So I walk up to the area, to the top of the hill where we're at, and at this time, there used to be not anymore because right in this day, I think they had cleared out the area where the lot is at out. But when I was younger, that a lot did not exist. It was all just forced from top to bottoms, just all trees and just high blade grass.
Speaker 4: And all that stuff. I don't know why.
Speaker 5: It's like, I feel like something's drawing me to this place. I don't know what it is, but I feel like I just need to stand here and I need to look into the forest. So I was standing in that area and I'm looking. I'm like, okay, it's like, why am I looking into the deep dark recess of this forest? And I'm looking, and I'm looking, and I'm looking and I'm looking. And sure enough, as I start looking closer in the back of the forest, not too far, like it's pretty close to me.
Speaker 4: I would say it was about.
Speaker 5: Maybe fifty sixty feet away from like the edge of the forest, I see a pair of red eyes. And this pair of red eyes they're right behind just the tall blade of grass. So whatever I was looking at wasn't too huge.
Speaker 4: It must have been about maybe three four feet.
Speaker 5: But I noticed that as I'm looking at this pair of red eyes, I'm noticing that this thing is not standing still. It's rather it's almost like swang from side to side, and of course it naturally freaks me out and I just run.
Speaker 4: Back to the house.
Speaker 5: I locked myself in the little dormitory next to the garage where I was sleeping at and I could not sleep for the rest of the night. So the next day, my uncle takes me to Blockbuster. They had a Blockbuster at the time. Yeah, you remember those glory.
Speaker 2: Days, bed please rewind.
Speaker 5: Yeah, although I wasn't always kind, I'll be honest with you, but then again, I'm not the one who held the account. I didn't care, so but yeah, we went to a Blockbuster and I'm like, looking for like movies, and I enter. I think they had like a paranormal section and they had a VHS on Puerto Rico and the paranormal documentary specifically ons and I'm like, hey, that looks like the thing I saw last night. So of course I let my uncle. My uncle is he's amazing, he's awesome. He's like, hey, you want to watch that? Yeah, sure, take it out. And I must have spend the entire night, like over that weekend just rewatching this documentary, And this is the documentary that thin the guy I had mentioned before. This was the guy who had produced a documentary, and they showed off a lot of the takata attacks on the island. And as I'm watching it, I'm noticing, Hey, this like this is like sharing very similar characteristics to what I had seen the night before. She's really fascinating, just the red eyes thing that it sways, one particular story that really caught my attention from that documentary but I could recall correctly, was the story of a guy who had seen the creature on his property, and it was a really crazy story. I think he got freaked out and he pulled out his pistols started shooting at it, and this thing just wrapped itself up into a ball and basically just rolled behind his car into the garage.
Speaker 4: Just crazy stuff.
Speaker 5: And this, like documentary just Phil was just just some really crazy testimonies from people on the island who were witnessing this thing around that same time.
Speaker 4: So all this was happening during.
Speaker 5: Like that whole craze, you know, Like I would say, Puerto Rico has always had like a paranormal craze. Like there's even stories like in the seventies and stuff like in the nineties around that was like that was it.
Speaker 2: It was world news.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was talk that.
Speaker 5: That's when people they realize, wait, there's a country called Puerto Rico. What That's when it got really like started popping off.
Speaker 2: M And uh do you think with all this stuff? Of course, I mean, I'm sure you do. But I was about to say, do you think there's like a lot of spiritual connections behind this, because I know you'd mentioned all the uh the witch doctors, the voodoo and would you say Saint Uh? Is that like that the Hispanic angel of death? Like that they worship her?
Speaker 5: Am I getting So, I know, I'm not too familiar with that in Puertoco. Han't done my researcher yet on that, but I know that they have a a goddess of death. I know, like if you go to like Mexico, they have the something what Day.
Speaker 4: I believe it.
Speaker 2: Is what I was thinking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, there's probably something similar in Puerto Rico to somethime what they ask which is the patron saint of death.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, all that stuff is all connected.
Speaker 5: It's just a mix of like Catholicism and voodoo and bamyom be. It's just a really dark world. I'm not sure if I want to go too deep into it even in my research, because in the past that I've done research on the occult, it hasn't like ended too well for me. And praise God, he brought me out of that.
Speaker 4: But yeah, all that.
Speaker 5: Stuff is all interconnected. There's just been a lot of influences, especially during the time period where we are exploring the documentary of myths and legends from most On Juan. A lot of that stuff takes place majority in the fifteen sixteen hundreds, seventeen hundreds, where you had just you know, you had the slave trade, you had the Catholic Church coming in and building their own churches and sort of you know, structuring the island to their preferences and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, all that stuff, even like the the the genocide of the Tinos, like, all that stuff is all connected on a spiritual level.
Speaker 5: It's really fascinating. It's tragic, but also really fascinating in that sense. And that's why I, like, I do believe that all this stuff is just just this huge spiritual warfare that has been playing out on the island for just a long long time.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm a big giants guy. Yeah, that's kind of what got me into this, you know, fringe space. That was my my gateway drug as some people say. Uh, and that's something that I've found this nation or not nation, but global. How about said nation? Why? But you know it's global. Every single culture throughout history has stories of giants. Have you found any giants down there in San Juan or Puerto Rico or just anywhere in one of those chains of islands.
Speaker 5: I'll have to get back to you on that, but that's actually really interesting. I'm actually gonna be having a phone call with what have I been this week so I could ask them about that. See we's found anything. If I find anything, absolutely, I'll let you know. But yeah, that's really interesting. I know there was a guest in the past who you brought on who spoke about giants in Aruba, which was really fascinating.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't be surprised if there are giant things in Puerto Rico. I mean, you find anything in Puerto Rico just about. I mean, there's not one thing at this point that I don't think you can find there. So giants is very plausible, especially with the Tainos and them having just a lot of legends and stories of giants. I wouldn't put it past anybody yet.
Speaker 2: M Yeah, that's definitely something that's always been just I've been personally fascinated with. And Heather Arnold she found all kinds of cool stuff down there in Aruba, and you know that's you know, I mean it's not like next door neighbors, but I mean we're talking about a good general vicinity right right there. That was kind of like a springboard I think for a lot of cultures. Because I'm a diffusionist. I think we were selling the seas and trading and exploring and doing all this stuff thousands of years before Columbus, and a lot of the natural tides, like from Europe and Africa leads straight into you know, Cuba, Aruba and down there in that Gulf of Mexico area and these guys, you know, like Columbus and I can't remember that guy's name now that Heather had found, but she found some of his journals and he was talking about the giants that they encountered and all this stuff, and then how they were just bouncing around Island Island and some of them, you know, were cannibals, and and that this that area was honestly just because even how the tides took these sailors there and then they springboarded to South America, to North America and just kind of went around. So I think that's a high potential for just a shmortgash board of cultures and legends and stories and even the giants, you know, because they took their ships over here. I believe the phnicians.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean, as we were talking about it, even in the beginning, they you know, the Nozariro collection, like that's not, at least from what I've seen the research, like that's not native to Puerto Rico. Just to just find that in the middle of nowhere, like stuff that has possible traces to like the Middle East, Like what is that stuff doing there? And to this day, no one's been able to decipher the actual like language of those stones. And again take this with a grain of salt. I also believe that they have done some like studies on the material and it's not native.
Speaker 4: To Puerto Rico.
Speaker 5: She's really fascinating, but again, don't quote me on that, Like I do advice your audience do all your own research, Like take everything that I'm saying with a grain of salt. You know, my word is not gospel, but you know, look into this stuff, and yeah, you might be surprised with like the stuff that you find out about this country. It's it's incredibly fascinating. Like Puerto rican I always call it like a Petri dish, right, Petri dish of just so many different experiments when it comes to just you know, the grander creation worldview. You want ghosts, you want giants, you want any of that, You're gonna find it there most likely. It's such a fascinating country. And if you really want to like understand just how God plays into sort of the world in terms of like how he engages with like pagan societies or how he engages with just all of these different cosmic forces that are at large, Like it's all on that one island. It's if you want to start, like if you want like a really good starting point, like starting Puerto Rico.
Speaker 4: Puerto Rico is just just so fascinating.
Speaker 5: And there's so many stories that I can't even like count them off the top of my head because they've just been going on for thousands of years, thousands of years, just relentless, like you had Tinos, and even like modern day people having these just really interesting experiences.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One thing that stands out to me is just because where I know Chief Joseph, you know, me and him is pretty good friends. And he lives just you know, fifteen minutes down the road from me. But he was talking to me and he gets worked up over Columbus, you know, even at the interview that we've done together, and his wife talked about it, and it was like his wife was like, you know, if any of your listeners or teachers stop perpetuate perpetuating this live Christopher Columbus and Joseph, he said, yeah, he said it was my people. He said that welcome don with open arms. He said they were starving and about to die thirst He said, our people was the ones that met them on the beach and took them in and fed them and watered them, and you know, he said, helped them and all this stuff. He said. Knowing what we know now, he said, he said, I'd go back and tell my ancestors to burn their ships.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Man, And that was something that was really interesting in the first episode we saw that animated portion. That's something that we try to represent, you know, just the whole relationship with the Tainos and the Spanish who came in and eventually colonized the entire island, and truth to be told, that's still a really sore spot for a lot of Puerto Ricans to this day. They had a lot of them on a cultural leve will have just a huge distrust for the government. And yeah, rightfully so there's been a lot of abuses from just both the local government and just even the government here on the mainland. Just a lot of just abuse and finances. In fact, there was a secon in that first episode where I showed off just the handling of how they handled Hurricane Maria, which was like the worst hurricane at the country's ever had, and the fact that they held back so many resources.
Speaker 4: I don't know why.
Speaker 5: I don't know if maybe they didn't have enough manpower, I don't know, if they were like incompetent, like all this stuff, Like I showed the news footage and all this stuff was just locked away like in storage for like.
Speaker 4: A whole year.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, you have Puerto rican Sta till this day have not recovered from the damage of the storm, Like a lot of them lost their businesses, they lost their homes, and even there are even still parts of the island that have not recovered, like they're still trying to get the electricity up.
Speaker 4: It's really bad.
Speaker 5: And so a lot of that those wounds, you know, they stemmed from that time period with Christopher Columbus, with Juan Pons de Leon, where they came in and they say, hey, you know what we're going to bring in our kingdom, you know, to you little people, quote unquote, and there's nothing you could do about it.
Speaker 4: And that's just been.
Speaker 5: A wound that has lingered on for centuries now, and it really is tragic to just see a lot of people on the island still have that attitude.
Speaker 4: But one thing that.
Speaker 5: I see from the Puerto Rican people is that they are extremely resilient, man, Like these are people that you just can't break them, like history has tried to break them. And yet you still go out there into the island and these people are still enjoying our lives. You know, they go out with their families, they go out and party, they go.
Speaker 4: Out to restaurants.
Speaker 5: You know, they still have their faith and it's really just an incredible thing to see, you know, and it's it's good when when it's really a cool testimony to see when you see just an abuse of people that just has happened for hundreds of years, and then even then you're still choosing to say, no, that's not going to define.
Speaker 4: Us, like this is who we are, this is who our culture are, and that's it, you know.
Speaker 5: So yeah, that was my little, like I guess, my words of passion for Puerto Rico.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I couldn't imagine because I mean, honestly, like you said, I mean, with all the storms that they get down there. I mean, these people probably if they live long enough, you know, if they live to sixty or seventy, you know, they get a good hurricane at least every decade. Could you imagine? I mean, I couldn't imagine having to totally just rebuild my entire life, my home, everything, every you know, ten to fifteen years for storms.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I might be able to do it once after the second one, man, I'd be like I'm getting the al out agree.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now a lot of people can't handle Puerto Rico, even a lot of people who like move here, from like the mainland, Like Puerto Ricans that moved from the mainland they go to Puerto Rico, they're like, yeah, after six months of like, yeah, I can't handle this, Like yeah, island of enchantment, what now you know? But it really is, like I think it just takes a certain character, like for me being raised on the island and like having lived in New York for such a long time, I do see a lot of the cons in Puerto Rico. It's not for everybody, but man, trust me when I tell you, Like, if you just go there and you visit once, the chances are you're not want to not gonna want to come back. And everything that the country has to offer, Man, it just outweighs so many of the negatives because you're practically at peace. Like Puerto Rico's like an island where yeah, okay, like it's not perfect, but for the most part, people are very loving, people are very gracious.
Speaker 4: There's a big move of.
Speaker 5: God, even on the island where a lot of the older generations would hold on really strict to like Catholicism, and lately they've been moving Like the younger generation, I've noticed it has been moving more towards like Protestantism.
Speaker 4: She's really encouraging to see.
Speaker 5: And so just to see a lot of younger people embrace the message of gospel and just be so passionate about it is really cool. So yeah, I'm really hopeful for the future of Puerto Rico.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And honestly, I think that has a lot to do with just roots and what you get used to. And because I hear people all the time. I mean, every place has its pros and its cons. But even our mutual friend La Marzouli, I've talked to him several times about, you know, moving because I mean he lost everything in a fire, and every couple of years, those Santa Ana wins down there in California, you know, lare up and he has to evacuate and wait and hope that he doesn't, you know, get burned out again and all the just the politics and the drugs and the crime and all that stuff California. But people just they love it, man, they don't want to leave. But I've told La, I'm like, man, I've moved Tennessee or something. You guys are fighting these fires every year, and He's like, no, this is my home. I ain't going nowhere. I love it here.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's hard to argue that too. I mean it's also based on conviction.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: Sometimes God causes to move away, and God says, no, this is your battleground. Like you have to stand here and just remember that even though you are in this region of the planet, this is not your permanent home. This is more just like your mission center. This is just like your area of missions. You know, your true home is in the Kingdom of God. And so when you start adopting that mindset, which as Christians we should all adopt that mindset right for His kingdom is not of this world, it becomes a lot easier to sort of digest a lot of the trials that come our way where the region where they're personal, you know. So it can be really difficult, you know, because as Christians, we want better and we know that God wants better for us. But at the same time we also have to recognize now, like this is the place that God has me in, and if God feels like He's going to use me in this place even though I don't want to be in it, then I have to be obedient to that. Like you look at the story of Daniel, Daniel who's stuck in Babylon, and even then he reigned like God blessed him, even in that place of wickedness, right to the point where he became the mouthpiece of God in that place, and many people repented before God because of him. And so I always like to look at that story, and because I you know, I live in New York City and it's not the most ideal place.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, there's a.
Speaker 5: Lot of cool restaurants, you have the MTA. It's easy to get to work and to go here and there. But then like when I hear, oh man, you're from Tennessee, like you can do what I wish I could do that up here, the most I can get is just a pepper spray, and even then, like I might have to register that as well. But it can be tough. But when you start taking to perspective like I have, I don't. I don't normally tell this to people, but you know, there's times where I'll see homeless people and I'll just buy them a meal, you know, and just bless them and pray for them. And I remember when COVID came in and the city just went crazy with lockdowns and all that, and they were telling people.
Speaker 4: Hey, stand six feet apar or you're.
Speaker 5: Gonna die, Like I was out there feeding homeless guys, hugging them, praying for them, like I was just doing this on my own because I felt like, hey, like where all the Christian guys, Like where's everybody? Like the churches are shutting down, Like who's going to take up the gospel during these days where like everybody's just bailing out. And so I decided, you know, I have nobody's gonna do it. I'm gonna go out there and iver. I have to put my life in danger and so be it. And I feel like the Lord has responded to me from that season and he's rewarded me because of that obedience. And was it easy to do at the time, No, it wasn't because at that time, had it been caught, you know, hugging a homeless guy, you know, when they were telling us, hey, six feet apart and praying for them, I probably could have been arrested. But I didn't care because I knew that the desire and the mission that the Lord had put in my heart was more important than any earthly power and any earthly threat, you know, threat at that time. So yeah, you know, Christian Christians in the big cities are man, they've built different.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't know how we do it.
Speaker 5: Man, Like we can be pretty on fire for God, because at that choice, you know, we don't have a choice. It's like either you stake, you know, either you gold out or you just get stumped out. And I'd rather go out. And if I get stumped a while going out, so be it.
Speaker 4: Man, m yep.
Speaker 2: And not only that too, just the unsurty of the time. All you had was all the news stations and stuff were all you know, hook line and sinker and pitching the same thing, and everybody was saying, you know, you're gonna die, You're gonna die, you know if you don't get what was it Biden said, if you don't get your vaccines, it's going to be a long, dark winner of death for the unvaccinated. And so it's like, yeah, especially in the beginning, everybody was scared of death, you know. So yeah, that hug or feeding that homeless guy, you know, could have potentially been your death in your mind at that time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's very true, you know, And it's funny because at the beginning when it's all started. I actually I believe it was COVID because it was really weird, because a lot of people are saying it was just the flu. But I'm like, I've never had a flu like this before. And I remember one night I just like got out of bed and I just started shivering and shivering and shivering. I'm like, why am I like convulsively?
Speaker 4: What is going on?
Speaker 5: And I'm trying to like drink water and I'm coughing, and I started coughing so hard that I started actually spitting out blood, vomiting blood to the sink, and I'm like.
Speaker 4: This is not the flu. What is happening?
Speaker 5: So yeah, like you know, we can go into all sorts of rabbit holes in there, which I mean I once in the middle of the whole thing that was happening, I did say, yo, I think this is like some sort of like biological attack, Like there's just no other way man. And sure enough, like the information has been has come out in the last few months, last few years, has proven that, so you know, this was something serious. Yeah, this was something very serious. And my mother in law actually worked in a hospital and there were a lot of people at least here in the city regionally that ended up dying. A lot of the people who died, they weren't in the best of health. A lot of them had respiratory issues, a lot of them had like prior conditions to receiving this. So a lot of people did end up dying here in New York City because over here we're just all closed up close quarters. It's like, you know, I've been sneezed on the train, I've been like punching kicked on the train, and it's like it's difficult to sort of get away from people, and so you still have sort of that lingering, I guess paranoia here in the city. You still see people wearing masks and stuff like that. I don't want to judge those people. Some of them could be crazy so be paranoid, but I do believe that some of them legitimately have fear because of the trauma, because of their health issues.
Speaker 4: And stuff like that.
Speaker 5: But I feel like that trauma still resides here in that sense, but not as many people. I feel like the majority of people for because of the information that has come out, and also because I think people just got tired of just being on the lockdown and say, hey, you got to take this booster. If not, you can't go to work, or you can't get paid, you can't support your family, like all that stuff.
Speaker 4: I feel like, for the most part, has been pushed out the window.
Speaker 5: And I've been noticing because people saw sort of what happened during this time.
Speaker 4: I'm noticing almost.
Speaker 5: Like just this mass migration of people just coming back to the Lord, picking up their bibles, dusting it off, and be like, all right, Like we listen to what the world powers have.
Speaker 4: To say, but what does God's power have to say?
Speaker 5: And I've been seeing that a lot in New York City, just the churches I've been filling up. People are kind of coming back to the norm, you know, and it's been really encouraging to see.
Speaker 4: Really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah man, well master brother man, I definitely appreciate you coming and sharing your stories and your testimony. I mean, I couldn't imagine standing out in the field and seeing a basically a portal open up in the sky and two UFOs flying into it and it closing up, and then turning around to ask your wife if she's seen it, and seeing a specter. Yeah, man, but yeah, I'd love to have you back if you want, you know, as you start releasing some of these episodes and come on and give some teasers to the listeners and maybe push them your way to check out some of your stuff as you're releasing. Yeah, before we go, man, just let everybody know where they can find YouTube channel, websites or anything like that that you want to direct the listener's attention to.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So uh yeah, once again, thank you for having me on. This was such an awesome conversation and you can find me at the Neesta RSA, on YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram. I am most active on Instagram and on YouTube whenever I decide to drop something big. I'm currently working on a bit of an alien encounter that happened in a drink it. We actually did not get into that, but that was a really freaky story that happened. Dunk is basically America's rainforest, and there's a whole lot of stuff that happens in that one region when it comes to your foes and aliens, abductions in like four to one one missing cases. So I'll be dropping a video based on one of those cases very soon. But yeah, if you want to know more information, you can find me on those channels at the Nesta RC handle.
Speaker 2: Nice man. Well, seriously, once again, I thank you for your time because I tell people time is life's most valuable asset. That's the one thing you can never get back. So I appreciate you spending your time with us and telling us some of your fascinating stories.
Speaker 4: Brother, it was a pleasure. Man.
Speaker 5: Anytime I got some more if you want to hear them next time, definitely.
Speaker 4: Definitely.
Speaker 2: Like I said at the beginning of the show, I hope this is the first of many conversations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hope so too, man, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Hey, you guys be sure to check out next you stuff and if you're late to the party, I'm sorry. I actually got to see episode one before he took it down, So you guys got some good stuff coming your way, so be sure to go to his YouTube channel and subscribe. Hit that bell that way you don't miss when we mix the ops. Hey, guys, hope you enjoyed it until next time, until which just high guys.
Speaker 3: H m hm.