Speaker 1: Oh, can you not feel good? It's Friday ninety seven point one. Watch FM Toby and Chilly in the morning. There's always a reason to feel good this early in the morning, as you start a brand new day, or in some cases, wrap up the day. We'd love to hear from you what that is at eight six six ninety seven forty three sixty one, Chilli, why are you feeling good this Friday morning?
Speaker 2: Well, hear me out. I'm supposed to get the second of a two part shingles vaccine today.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 2: And I know you're like, why would you feel good about that? Because I want it to be over and behind me. I procrastinated a couple of years because you're supposed to get it when you're fifty, and I'm finally getting it off my list, so it.
Speaker 1: Means I need to go and add it to my list. There's so many things that come with being fifty, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: As we get older, there are certain things and precautions we need to take place, I know, so that we can continue to.
Speaker 4: Live a healthy life.
Speaker 1: Things that ache that didn't used to ache before, bones that cracked that didn't used to crack before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that's what I'll be doing after the show.
Speaker 1: I was torn between two different things that I'm feeling good about.
Speaker 4: I'll just go with this one.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling good that this week my significant other has really stepped into help with different things, like she I knew that she was taken off to come help me deal with with Nova and her eye that we talked about there this week, the last minute vet appointment, and she really does so much stuff that I don't say thank you for. And so I'm feeling good that I have somebody who doesn't really keep a record of wrongs and you know, loves me in spite of myself. So that's a reason to feel good on a Friday morning. She knows who she is and she's probably listening, and I'm not sucking up.
Speaker 2: Well, let's keep this feel good thing going. We always love to hear from you. Why are you feeling good?
Speaker 1: If you're feeling good, give me a call right now, Give us a call right now and tell us eight sixty six nine two seven forty three sixty one. Talk back works too. If you're signed into your iHeartRadio app, It's real easy just to tap speak and send us a voice note. We love to hear from you this morning, and we will coming up, but we've got some other things to get to first, like the news, Top Stories, Top of the Hour, What's going on.
Speaker 2: The Senate aims to begin debate on the President's Big Beautiful Bill today. We've got all the details on the way. Top Stories, Top of the Hour, Top Stories presented by Celsius Energy Drinks. The Senate aims to begin debate on the President's Big Beautiful Bill today, but key Medicaid provisions were rejected by the Senate parliamentarian. Some Republicans will not move forward without seeing the final version, and the president wants that bill on his desk by July fourth. US Capitol police arrested thirty three demonstrators on Wednesday who chose to denounce cuts to Medicaid that's being considered by Congress inside the Russell Senate Office building. Now that is against the law, so the group was removed. Big changes coming to metro Bus next week. Starting Monday, the Better Bus Network will launch new letter number route names based on location. Over five hundred underused stops are also being cut, while the busy ones are getting more frequent service. Visitors to Yards Park Basin are really confused by some new signs that are banning waiting, bathing, and swimming. The area has long been a summer cool off spot and the Capitol Riverfront, but officials are now saying that the basin lacks the infrastructure for public recreation and it's got to follow TC laws. Players of the popular game Fortnite are in line to receive more than one hundred and twenty six million dollars in refunds from the FTC following a settlement regarding unwanted purchases during gameplay. Now, players who have not yet filed acclaim, You've got till July ninth to do so. Just go to FTC dot gov. Slash Fortnite and Anna wind Tour is stepping down as editor in chief of American Vogue after thirty seven years. The seventy five year old announced that Vogue is now looking for a new head of editorial Content, a position that will report directly to her. Cloudy skies today, HIH's only seventy six compared to what we've been and a chance of some showers later right now though it is sixty or seventy seventy degrees in Falls Church.
Speaker 1: Yes, it felt like Florida driving in today, not too hot, cool, the wind blowing.
Speaker 4: Thank you for the news.
Speaker 1: Toby and Chilly in the Morning give you top stories at the top of the hour, and we also pause to check on you and your mindset.
Speaker 4: So how are you doing this morning.
Speaker 1: We'll take a second to get into your head and maybe inspire you to take on this Friday coming up in just a few minutes, Friday morning in the nation's capital. All we have to do is get through today and then the weekend is here. It's ninety seven point one watch Chef m with Toby and Chilly in the morning, and like we do every weekday morning, right around this time, we pause and we think about to you.
Speaker 2: Especially your headspace, your morning mindset, and we want to get it into a better place.
Speaker 4: With a quote.
Speaker 1: Yes, and this quote is obviously a nod to our friends Sabrina Kanti and her best of the eighties weekend that kicks off right around five o'clock today with her and then goes through the weekend at ninety seven point one Wash FM. If we go back to the eighties, George Michael said, you gotta have faith a faith ah, but you do because self FULLYEF will move mountains. You've got to have faith. You'll hear that song and you'll think about that this weekend when you listen to ninety seven point one wash FM. George Michael, thank you for reminding us that having faith moves mountains. That is your morning mindset for this Friday where Toby and Chilly in the morning. It's ninety seven point one WASHFM. Now stay with us because next we're going to keep the positivity going.
Speaker 2: At the beginning of the show, Toby and I we always share with why we are feeling good, and we ask you to do the same. And it looks like a couple of people want to share their good news with us.
Speaker 1: So if you want to join in the conversation and add your voice to the chorus of people feeling good this morning, it's eight six, six nine two seven forty three sixty one. Or you can use the talkback microphone taps, speak and send. You've got to make sure you're signed into the apps so that you can use the talkback microphone and stay there as we get into it.
Speaker 4: Coming up.
Speaker 1: Toby and Chili in the Morning, thank you for waking up with ninety seven point one wash YE Fame it is Friday morning, and we.
Speaker 2: Love it when you call us and tell us what's making you feel good today?
Speaker 4: Avery and Navy Yard, what's up?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 2: I made the most perfect cup of coffee this morning, and sometimes it's the little thing. Yes, I agree, because sometimes getting the sugar to creamer ratio is not always easy.
Speaker 1: And it's not always easy to find a Starbucks or a Duncan that's opened as early as we come in Chile. So true good stuff there. Thank you, Sloan in Old Town Alexandria. Why are you feeling good this morning?
Speaker 5: I'm feeling awesome today because I just started on a new workout program and people are already saying that my butt is getting bigger, so I'm just loving it.
Speaker 6: Sloan.
Speaker 2: Please email me your workout because I need more junk in my trunk too.
Speaker 1: I'm not paying attention to either one of you and talk of this junk. In fact, I don't see any junk in anybody's trunk. I'm not trying to be creeperish that way, but good for you.
Speaker 4: Imber and Frederick. Why are you feeling good this morning?
Speaker 7: My cat recently had surgery swallowed one of his toys and it unraveled, and poor thing had to have surgery, had the cone on, and it's been so hot and the poor thing is just weltering. He finally gets to take his cone off today.
Speaker 6: So I'm thrilled.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: And I bet your cat had something to say about it too, Let's ask.
Speaker 4: YEP.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a happy cat to me.
Speaker 1: Hopefully it's happy about the news. Top stories at the top of the hour, coming up in minutes, Good morning, what'ds he'll be?
Speaker 4: And chilly in the morning, Thank you for being here.
Speaker 6: Top stories Top of the Accent.
Speaker 2: It hopes to begin debate on the President's Big Beautiful Bill today, but key Medicaid provisions were rejected by the Senate parliamentarian. As a result, the bill is still being revised, and some Republicans will not proceed without seeing a final version.
Speaker 4: Robert F.
Speaker 2: Kennedy Junior's CDC Vaccine Advisory Panel has voted to rescind recommendations for certain flu vaccines. The move targets vaccines with an ingredient that some anti vax activists link to autism. A Marilynd doctor has been sentenced to eighteen years in federal prison for illegally distributing narcotic prescriptions. The doctor ran what they call a pill from his DC clinic, issuing thousands of illegal opioid prescriptions across forty five states. A seventy year old Egyptian man has been deported after pleading guilty to kicking a beagle used by US customs at Dulles Airport. Authorities also found over one hundred pounds of illegal agricultural items in his luggage, and he was ordered to pay for the dog's medical care. A Missouri father has finally been reunited with his daughters three years after he reported the missing. The girls and their mother were found sleeping on a hotel patio in Bethesda, prompting a police alert. Now the case is under investigation. And according to a recent study, people who show romantic displays of affection in private or public tend to be happier with their relationship, and the PDA is also associated with improved well being, less stress, and higher life satisfaction. Forecast today, it's gonna be claudy, the highs around seventy six, with the chance of some storms later on. Right now, though it's seventy in Sterling.
Speaker 4: That's the news. Thank you Chili.
Speaker 1: You get top stories at top the hour with Toby and Chilly in the morning. Here on ninety seven point one wash FM. Full of useful information. Now, when you were on vacation, you said you noticed a certain rule at Ocean City, Maryland that is violated left and right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've got some new beach rules and there's one it seems to be hard to follow.
Speaker 1: Hang on, you'll find out what it is and then we would love to hear your thoughts on it. AD eight six six nine two seven forty three sixty one. Stay with Toby and Chili in the morning. Toby and Chilly in the morning. It is ninety seven point one wash FM. If your travels are going to take you to the beach this weekend, you're gonna want to hear this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a bunch of new rules in Ocean City that went into effect a couple of weeks ago. If you've got one of those canopies, you know, I'm talking about the not the umbrellas, but the canopies. They have to be behind the lifeguard stand at least ten feet so the lifeguard can see there. They have to be open on all sides and the other rule is you have to be three feet apart from other beach goers.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that sounds fair. You don't want people on top of one another.
Speaker 2: And that was the one that most people were offending or breaking that rule. Yeah, like our second day there the canopy thing, people were really doing a good job, like not being in front the lifeguard stand. But our second day, someone came and started setting up literally I'm not even exaggerating, seven inches from where we were set up. And I turned around and I said to her before she got more into her setup, I said, we're supposed to be three feet apart. And she kind of looked at me, like, are you seriously calling me out? And she said, oh, okay, sorry, but she did move, and the people to my left they all looked at me and they gave me the thumbs up like we got you, like you're absolutely right. Which is interesting because it does get overcrowded on the shore and the three feet may seem like a big gap, but really, folks, it's not that much.
Speaker 1: No, man, it's like a tent community. Really, there's no privacy at all.
Speaker 4: It really is. Still, it's not even that it's privacy.
Speaker 1: It's about safety, you know, I mean the lifeguard needs to be able to see what's going on because accidents happen on the beach too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But also like the space between people who are hanging out, you need a little bit of breathing room so that you have places to step and kind of, you know, relax a little bit. So I'll be interested to see how often people get called out for being creeping up on each other.
Speaker 1: Will be interesting. And if you've had this experience already this summer, tell us about it. Talk back is wide open if you are signed into your iHeart app. Tap speaks and we always love hearing from you.
Speaker 6: Toby and Chilly's nearly impossible question.
Speaker 4: Chilly the question today for the Cindy Lauper tickets.
Speaker 2: According to a study, five out of ten people will judge someone else over this when they're out at a restaurant dining with them.
Speaker 4: What is it judgmental? All right?
Speaker 1: If you want to see Cindy Lapper, thanks to Live Nation, we've got tickets. Here's the question again one more time.
Speaker 2: According to a study, five out of ten people will judge someone over this when they're out at a restaurant having dinner together.
Speaker 1: What is it eight six six nine two seven forty three sixty one? That's the number? Eight six six wasch FM the number one call? Now get the question right. The Cindy Lapper tickets could be yours.
Speaker 6: Toby and Chilly's nearly impossible question.
Speaker 1: Really, let's get the question one more time so we can give away the Cindy Lapper tickets thanks to our friends.
Speaker 4: A Live Nation.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: According to a study, five out of ten people say they'll judge someone else over this when they're out at a restaurant having dinner with them.
Speaker 4: What is it? Chris for Marlington is here? Chris? You've got the question? What's your guests?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 6: My answer is how people get their steak cooked?
Speaker 4: Have you ever been judged over how you have your steak cook? There? Chris?
Speaker 6: Yes, So when I was a high school instidy well done, I started paying for my own steak, and now I get medium all the time.
Speaker 4: I see you were young, you didn't know better. Right, It's okay, exactly.
Speaker 1: Well, your well done steake just got you some well earned tickets to see Cindy Lauper.
Speaker 4: Congratulation.
Speaker 6: Yes, thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Now next week with your nearly impossible question, Chiley, what do.
Speaker 2: We got tickets to Maroon five at CFG Bank Arena for November thanks to Live Nation.
Speaker 1: HiT's just keep on coming. Be here Monday after the weekend to play and win those Moon five tickets with ninety seven point one was chef m The News Top Stories Stop of the Hour, Coming up.
Speaker 4: Hang out.
Speaker 6: Top Stories Top of the Hour.
Speaker 2: The Senate may begin debating the President's Big Beautiful Bill today, but key medicaid provisions were rejected by the parliamentarian and some Republicans want to see the final version first. Meanwhile, the Supreme Court ruled that Planned Parenthood cannot suit South Carolina for cutting Medicaid funding over its abortion services. The State Department may begin hundreds of layoffs in DC as soon as today, pending a Supreme Court decision. The move aims to reduce bureaucracy, but is currently paused by a court injunction. A Northern Virginia man has been arrested for allegedly robbing a DC parking enforcement officer earlier this week. Pelise, thirty two year old Malan Kranza Garcia grabbed a city device from the officer while they were writing a ticket and then ran the DC Public Library is offering free I exams to K through twelve students through the Vision to Learn organization. Some students may also be given free glasses through the program, and a list of the libraries that are hosting those exams is available online at dclibrary dot org. And when traveling with little kids, one in three parents say that it takes less than an hour for the peace to be broken. Seventy one percent of moms and dads admit they feel like they need another vacation to recover from the first one, and parents say that it takes them about two and a half days to recover from traveling with the family. Forecasts for today some cloudy skies, highs only around seventy six, much cooler than it's been. Still have a chance of showers this afternoon right now, seventy in silver spring.
Speaker 1: Top stories at the top of the hour, that's what we call the news. At ninety seven point one Wash FM, Toby and Chilly in the morning, we have another story to share with you. It's a story that we think might just make you feel good. It comes right out of the pages of the news and right from the news websites.
Speaker 4: This morning in Montgomery County.
Speaker 1: It was hot, just like it was hot all over the DMV and ANIMA shelter had no air conditioning. But what the community did is something that will make you feel great about life.
Speaker 4: You'll hear that story in minutes. Stay with Toby and Chilly in the morning.
Speaker 2: Oh Top Stories, Top of the Hour. The Senate may begin debating the President's Big Beautiful Bill today, but keep medicaid provisions were rejected by the parliamentarian and some Republicans want to see the final version first. Meanwhile, the Supreme Court ruled that Planned Parenthood cannot suit South Carolina for cutting Medicaid funding over its abortion services. The State Department may begin hundreds of layoffs in DC as soon as today, pending a Supreme Court decision. The move aims to reduce bureaucracy, but is currently paused by a court injunction. A Northern Virginia man has been arrested for allegedly robbing a DC parking enforcement officer earlier this week. Pelise, thirty two year old Meilan Kranza Garcia grabbed a city device from the officer while they were writing a ticket and then ran. The DC Public Library is offering free I exams to K through twelve students through the Vision to Learn organization. Some students may also be given free glasses through the program, and a list of the libraries that are hosting those exams is available online at d dclibrary dot org. And when traveling with little kids, one in three parents say that it takes less than an hour for the peace to be broken. Seventy one percent of moms and dads admit they feel like they need another vacation to recover from the first one, and parents say that it takes them about two and a half days to recover from traveling with the family. Forecasts for today some cloudy skies, highs only around seventy six, much cooler than it's been. Still have a chance of showers this afternoon. Right now seventy in silver Spring.
Speaker 1: Top stories at the top of the hour, that's what we call the news. At ninety seven point one Wash FM, Toby and Chilly in the morning, we have another story to share with you. It's a story that we think might just make you feel good. It comes right out of the pages of the news and right from the news websites. This morning in Montgomery County, it was hot, just like it was hot all over the DMV and ANIMA shelter had no air conditioning. But what the community did is something that will make you feel great about life.
Speaker 4: You'll hear that story in minutes. Stay with Toby and Chilly in the morning, daf it gives you all the fields. It's got to be our feel good story.
Speaker 1: On a Friday, ninety seven point one, wash FM Toby and Chilly.
Speaker 4: In the morning, and out of all of the heat.
Speaker 1: This week comes a bit of goodness from Montgomery.
Speaker 4: County, Okay.
Speaker 2: So when the air conditioning failed at Montgomery County's Animal Services and Adoption Center during this heat wave, they knew they had to act fast. So they have over one hundred animals and they put out I guess a message to the public desperately seeking fosters.
Speaker 1: They said, help us to give these animals a safe, cool place to stay. And wow, people responded big time in hours. More than forty animals, dogs, cats, even to small little critters. They were welcomed into temporary foster homes by residents who opened their heart so that these animal friends could beat the heat and crews while they worked through the night to get the cooling system fixed.
Speaker 2: And thankfully it was eventually fixed, and then the shelter expressed their gratitude saying thank you for all your help during this crisis. And I was actually reading there a Facebook page, Toby. She said she was so overwhelmed the director there that the line was out the door at one point, and even people who couldn't foster donated cooling mats and fans and just flooded their inboxes with offers to help.
Speaker 1: And while the temperatures do cool off and the emergency passes, the shelter wants us to remember that short term foster help is still welcome. So if you can foster a forever possibly forever friend in your place for a little while, please feel free to do so. Get in touch with and they can find you the perfect friend for your family, even if it's just for a little bit.
Speaker 2: So today's feel good story, it's about you, those of you who showed up and helped out all the animals.
Speaker 1: That's right, because all the little animals asked us to let you know that they feel good on this Friday because you did what you did, and that makes us all feel good. If you've got a story that makes you feel good, on a Friday. We would love to hear it, so you can send it to us. Find us on the Toby and chilipage at watchefm dot com. Now stay with us because coming up. Did you see the story from Walt Disney World in Orlando where a woman had to buy a T shirt because she was inappropriately dressed?
Speaker 4: Or was she?
Speaker 2: I mean she was wearing a sports bra. We're going to talk about that in just a few You might.
Speaker 1: Have seen this story from the Happiest place on Earth, Walt Disney World, Toby and Chilly in the morning. It's ninety seven point one watch FM. A woman was told to cover up because, according to some she was wearing something very inappropriate.
Speaker 2: A sports bra and leggings. She was at Epcot and she was refused entry to the Frozen ride unless she got a shirt or covered up, so she ended up spending forty five bucks to do it. She was not happy.
Speaker 1: Well, nobody told her to go spend forty five dollars on a shirt. True, and nobody stopped her on the way in.
Speaker 2: That's true too. The manager admitted she should have probably been warned at entry.
Speaker 1: So to me, it's like, okay, why is that her fault, and why should she have to go changed if she was allowed to through the gates?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Interesting?
Speaker 2: Although you know, I can see that there are moments in life where we'll see someone frolicking in public, perhaps right, not dressed appropriately for the room, and we're in no position necessarily to tell them what they can and cannot do. But it does raise an eyebrow.
Speaker 1: It does where human beings. It's very subjective, and we have our own opinions on things like have you been to the mall? I can't believe what some kids are wearing the school he did, That's true. I can't believe what I see at the grocery store. It's like I'm at the pool. You know, well, you brought up school. It was two summers ago. Someone showed up in a bikini and flip flops and that's all this woman was wearing to pick her child up from summer camp. But I remember going, oh, okay, then alrighty go go all right?
Speaker 4: Who are we to?
Speaker 1: Judd eight sixty six nine two seven forty three sixty one is the number?
Speaker 4: Talkbacks, wide open two.
Speaker 1: Tell us what it is that you saw and how it made you feel good or bad, and we'll get back to this coming up in minutes, but first we've got to get you ready to take on the day with the news top stories at the top of the hour minutes away here at ninety seven point one, watch FM Toby and Chilly in the morning.
Speaker 6: Top Stories top of the Hour.
Speaker 2: The President is threatening to sue CNN and The New York Times over their coverage of US airstrikes in Iran, claiming the reports harmed his reputation by minimizing the strike's impact. His lawyer demanded retractions and apologies, but both those outlets are standing by their reporting well. Debate could start in the Senate today on President Trump's Big Beautiful Bill. The Senate parliamentarian rejected key medicaid provisions in the GOP's tax and spending bill, and several Republicans say they will not debate it until they see the final version. Demolition of the remaining parts of Baltimore's collapsed Key Bridge will start July seventh. The project will involve road closures and detours as crews work to safely remove the structure. Maryland's Department of Health has launched a new data dashboard to track gun violence across the state, aiming to inform prevention strategies. It provides detailed statistics on firearms related deaths and injuries, including breakdowns by county and zip code. Northrop Grumman Foundation is donating ten million dollars to the Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum, and in recognition, the museum's going to be naming its planetarium after the company as part of their two hundred and eighty five million dollar renovation campaign. And according to a recent survey, twenty seven percent of Americans worry about digestive issues like floating or constipation that's affected by summer travel. As a result, twenty six percent of folks avoid new foods while they're on vacation, thirty six percent choose meals based on potential stomach reactions, and forty nine percent make sure they pack supplements or medicine for gas. For today, cloudy skies, highs around seventy six with the chance of showers later on. Right now though, seventy one in Beltsville.
Speaker 1: And that is the news with Toby and Chilly in the morning. You get top stories at the top of the hour, and our number is eight sixty six nine, two seven, forty three sixty one. Can also use talkback if you want to and you're signed into your iHeart app cannot wait to hear the inappropriate dress that you've encountered in this life. What did you see that was inappropriate? You can feel free to unload. We're listening and we'll get to your thoughts coming up next.
Speaker 4: First of all, I.
Speaker 1: Want to say we're not trying to judge anybody when we talk about inappropriate things we've seen someone wear in public, especially if you've been known to dress a certain way. Toby and Chilly in the morning, it's ninety seven point one watch FM. I personally think Chili, you do you no matter what that is. If you're comfortable, you're comfortable.
Speaker 2: Yes, But there are certain places you shouldn't be wearing certain clothes, like the woman in Disney who got in trouble because she was wearing a sportspra and had to go buy his shirt. But apparently the people at Disney weren't the only ones who saw something they shouldn't have seen.
Speaker 1: If you've seen something that you thought was inappropriate that someone was wearing, tell us all about it. At eight six six nine two seven forty three sixty one. Talkback microphone works too. If you're signed in to your iHeart app, tap it send us a quick voice note Leighton in Rockville, what'd you see?
Speaker 7: A man at the airport wearing nothing but a mesh tank top crop? And what?
Speaker 6: I hope we're swim breach? Don't your case just vibe?
Speaker 2: Talk about traveling lights? He was ready to hit the beach. Ezra in Logan's Circle, what did you see?
Speaker 3: I once saw a man wearing nothing but one of those borat song bikinis. The thing is, we weren't even out of beach. He was just walking down the boulevard. It was definitely a sight. Not much left to the imagination.
Speaker 4: Wow is ver nice?
Speaker 6: Toby and Chili press some more music button at eight forty over two hours commercial free. Next on wash a Fou