Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now, here's nick coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do it five o'clock on a Friday here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Thank you for hanging out with us. Hopefully we can help you get your weekend started. Maybe your weekend has already started. If so, salute. We still got another hour to go. But as I always say on five at five o'clock on Fridays, it kind of feels like the weekend's already here for us. I mean, technically, John, we're still on the clock. We're still working hard, aren't we? Or are we hardly working at work?
Speaker 1: You like that?
Speaker 2: I like when dad jokes just kind of unexpectedly exit me, if that makes sense, Like, I don't you know, that's when you really know you're becoming a dad. You don't, cause I don't know if dad, Maybe I'll get there at some point. I'm a dad of two. But like anytime I found myself like, oh wow, that I really just say that. That was so corny. That was such a dad joke. It was never something I planned to say. It just happens. Man, You'll be there one day, John, don't judge me. You'll be loving You'll be there one day. But it is Coffee and Company, Nick Coffee, that's me, the company man, mister John. All on alongside today as we take you up until six o'clock is mentioned, hopefully getting you set for the weekend, we will give away another pair of tickets to go see Brooks and Done at five And at five thirty we've got real band, Fake band trivia coming your way and that'll be your your last chance this week to win a pair of tickets to see Brooks and Done as they bring their kne on Moon tour to the Kfcum Center. So again, five thirty will be when we give those away. All right. So we did talk a little bit about the two of situation earlier, and I don't really want to get back into that just because it's not really something that's fun to talk about. However, it is one of the biggest stories in sports, and it's you know, I get the sense that it's in just kind of sampling nationally what's being discussed out there today. It's not a huge shock, but I think even those that are in a position with a platform much bigger than mine, that, you know, their opinions value by a lot of people. Nobody can really give a real opinion on this because we all know there's not a I think even the experts in this kind of thing, neurology, brain injuries, concussions for athletes. There's no exact science here that's going to tell you what what the best course of action is for Tua. Now, if somebody said, look that many concussions for anybody is scary, dangerous, so like he shouldn't play football, Like that's not a crazy thing to say. We also know that, Like I don't think Tua woke up today and you know, went to the team facility and they were like, yeah it's over, and he's like, okay, huh, it was fun, see you later. Have a nice life. Like you know, this is something that again I know that scenario would never happen, but it is a scary situation and nothing would really shock me. I mean maybe I shouldn't say nothing would shock me. But if he's given the green light and they say, yeah, he's recovered, he's out of concussion protocol. Yes, this now does make three concussions in the NFL, but he's cleared to play. And in any moment he could have another concussion, or you know, he could play five more years and not have one, Like you just don't know. And anytime I say it, I feel like I'm ruining the mood and being like a fun sucker, because that's not at all where I'm coming from. But like, football has always been a really violent sport, always will be, and I think we're still learning the effects of being a NFL football player for a long part of your adult life and then seeing how it impacts you when you get to your life after football and you become a little older. There are there are plenty of examples of guys who are not all there or are no longer with us because of what the game did to him. Like we know CT is a real thing and that's scary. Doesn't mean we're not gonna pla footb anymore. Doesn't mean that, like you know, we should throw flags on these guys and not let them tackle. That's never gonna happen, and I don't think that it should. But we all just need to accept that this is a violent sport and at any moment somebody could get seriously hurt. And now that two has got multiple concussions. There's just more of a heightened awareness to like, if he gets his bell rung again, like you know, who knows what happens, And we kind of were already there. And then it happened last year, him being able to play without any injury to you know, any any you know, concussion type injury. That didn't make people forget his history, but it did show that, hey, he recovered from that. He seems to be a okay. Now with that said, you don't really know, like maybe he never had that concussion last night, Maybe he never had another concussion in the next five six years of his career and then retired, Like maybe that happened. Let's say that happened. Can we say we'd be shocked that if twenty years from now, when he's much older, we find out that he's got some issues like you never know, you don't know yet, and football, in the grand scheme of things, I think it's still relatively young as far as us knowing the long term effects of what the game can do to somebody. And every year I feel like the NFL players get bigger, stronger, and faster to where it's worse in my opinion than a car Rack at times out there seeing these guys get hit. My wife, God lover her. She she every now and then whenever we're watching football, and she loves football too, trust me, She's not like anti football. But that's one of the things I love about watching sports with my wife because she occasionally will say something and I'm like, you know what, I'm not. I would have never thought to say that, but you know what, that's an interesting perspective from somebody that clearly views sports and sees it a little bit differently than me. You know, she'll see somebody just get completely busted up on a play, just get laid out like big old hit, right, and she'll just say, man, I don't know how they get up after that, And I'm like, I mean, it's their job, it's what they do. But I'm like, you know what, if it was me, I probably wouldn't get up. So it's a violent sport. It's always going to be. And I don't think these uncomfortable conversations about should should these guys play after getting concussed once twice, three times? Like, I don't think those conversations ever going away, and we'll never know. So it's stupid to even think about it. But I've said it once before and it was one of the many dumb things that has come out of my mouth. But after saying it, I still feel, many years later, that it's that. It's that it's a legitimate statement if we'd never played the game of football before ever, and it was introduced today with athletes that are built like this, with this type of size athleticism, if you introduce the sport today, medical professionals would tell us, hell, no, you cannot, you can't do this. And I'm glad they introduced the sport long ago. I'm glad that you know we're we're not there. But like, it's a violent sport that can really really hurt people, but it's also great. It's part of our culture. It's never going away, and I'm not advocating that it should. So I don't say that to say we should just stop playing. But like, this notion that we're ever gonna get to a level where none of these serious concerns are out there is just not really, it's just not realistic. And I think the NFL, to be honest with you, does a really good job of making people well aware that they do care a lot about player safety, and they are constantly learning new ways to try to keep player safety and that's never gonna end, and that's the way that it should be. But I don't think there's unless they just change the game for what it is, You're always going to be in situations like this, I think, and you know it is what it is, all right. Also, we've talked a little bit about this weekend's action in college football, which you know, let's let's just get into it. John, do you have I know you've got a parlay already built of those legs within that parlor. Is there one game you're more confident in than than others that you feel the best?
Speaker 3: The Indiana game out there because it's part of the parlay, And I feel like that's more hard than that, I understand. So I won't throw that one. But I've got BYU minus ten against Wyoming. Wyoming's zero and two. They lost to f CS Idaho last week, and I'm assuming there should be a beat down considering BYU. I think covered as dogs against SMU.
Speaker 2: They beat them outright, they beat Okay, Yeah, there you go that that's that's yeah. I don't I don't understand this one. You know, Wyoming lost to Idaho, which is a bad loss for them. By the way, Wyoming's a Mountain West team. Idaho, I mean, are they FCS or even lower than that? Now if you remember the FCS, yeah, I mean they are you sure they might have.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if they were formerly in the Mountain West at the FBS level.
Speaker 2: Idaho was Okay, that's what it was. I knew they dropped down. Yeah, because if Paul Patrino used to coach their Bobby's brother. But yeah, so that airs in a state who By the way, last night, you know, I'll give them credit. I don't know how good they're gonna be, but they were dogs against Texas State. They went in there and won. And you don't just go into gym whacker Field and leave without putting up a hard earned victory. And that's what they did. So credit to them. I lost on that one. But yeah, Wyoming has two losses, one to a really bad team. And I shouldn't say bad, but like you know, when you lose to an FCS team, as an FBS team, there's really no way to like, here's what you gotta do. You got to realize, man, that's a huge upset or man, we really suck. That's how we lost to an FCS team because you know what, they're supposed to be a lower level, but you know what, they're better than us. And then BYU, I mean they they took care of business against Southern Illinois, which is what you're supposed to do in those games. And then they beat SMU at SMU. SMUs now bench their quarterback something stone. So I like this one too. I mean right now it opened up, by the way at plus six and a halb. It's now all the way up to plus ten for Wyoming. You like BYU minus ten? Yes, nice, I like it too. That's a good one for me. You know, I'll be honest with you. I talked about it all week. I'm not going to retract. The one game that I felt really good about it is the one I've already lost. That was last night's Texas State game when they took on Arizona State. But for me, it's another game tonight. There's other games I like as well, but tonight, man, I'm gonna trust. I'm gonna trust Kansas State at home. And it's been my gut pick of the week with these matchup Arizona. By the way, this is a top twenty matchup folks. Tonight Friday night, You've got in Manhattan, Kansas at Bill Snyder Family Stadium. You've got Kansas State hosting Arizona. Both teams, again, as mentioned, are ranked. Kansas State should have probably lost to Tulane, and I did win on that When I had Tulane to cover like plus eight and a half and they ended up ended up losing by a touchdown, they should have won the game, to be honest with you. So Kansas State had a scare, but they did travel to New Orleans to play, so that was a true road game for them. And then Arizona, Man, they looked I mean they looked really good against New Mexico. Well, they gave up a lot of points. And then Northern Arizona. Let's see, they played last week and it was a closer. They were thirty. Yeah, right now Arizona's Arizona is o in two against against the spread. However, they've got a great duo at quarterback and receiver that his name is blanking me. He might be the best receiver in the country. The guy that plays for Arizona, what is his name. The quarterback is Noah Fafita or is that? Yeah? That that's that's their quarterback at Arizona, and he's good. But I just think Kansas State at home Friday night, like they actually do have a pretty pretty big fan base. I think they're I just think they're better, and I think they had a close call last week against Tulane, and I think that's why this number is not a little bit bigger. So I'm actually gonna take Kansas State tonight minus six and a half. I you know, the way I'm laying it out probably doesn't sound as if I'm super confident in it, but you know, sometimes I get to overthinking it. But I I've learned to trust my gut when it comes to making bets, because there's nothing worse, and I mean it, there's nothing worse than talking yourself out of a bet and going in a different direction and then it not and then you know you losing, and you should have trusted your gut. Actually, there can be something worse than that. That is putting together picks, not betting them, and then them all actually winning. That was a tough way for John to get college football. Yeah, you living, you learn, right, we're learning here as we go. All Right, some other things I want to get into before we get to our giveaway. So game day, let me ask you this. John Indiana has they've never have they ever hosted a game day.
Speaker 3: They did, It was a very weird game day. It was when they hosted Ohio State back in Tom Allen's debut, and it was on a Thursday night, So they kind of haven't. Yeah, but it was not like a real name to have, like the game day crowd.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like when the college basketball game Day came to the Louisville Kentucky game when they played in a week day. Like it's not the same, Like they still call it that they bring in the crew, but like it's not truly the same thing. I guess technically it does count. But either way, the reason I ask that is because I don't think that game day has the value. Hosting game day is cool for fans and like it. It does show that you are a part of a big time matchup that the college football world cares about, but I don't know if it's as valuable as people think it is. Like Kentucky seems to be really, really really upset that their team losing to South Carolina led to them not being able to host game Day. Like anytime you can get promotion for your program, like that's all good, right, Like you want anytime your coach gets a chance to talk to those guys Herd Street, Rhys Davis and now Pat McAfee and even saving like that's good pub But like Kentucky, like if let's say they snuck by and beat South Carolina last week and they got game Day, and then they get beat by thirty five against Georgia, Like I guess you'd rather have it than not, but I just don't quite understand, like what it really does for you. Again, I know the point, like anytime you can get that FaceTime on ESPN when everybody's watching getting ready for a college football Saturday, there's value there. But like I'm overhearing that that helps in recruiting anymore. It doesn't. Money is what you need when it came to recruiting now, especially in the portal, Like you could have game Day six times out of the season, but if you don't have NI on the right spot, that's not going to be a factor for a kid making a decision to come and play for you. So again, I don't act like it means nothing, but like if Louisville lost a game Day the way Kentucky just lost a game Day, I can't claim that I would be like, oh, man, not only did we lose to South Carolina and get embarrassed, but man, we lost our spot to have game Day.
Speaker 3: Plus now there's so many game Day copycats out there. Obviously have big newon Kickoff and then I do believe there's like an SEC Nation for the SEC Network as BTN Tailgate for the Big ten Network.
Speaker 2: There's so many different copycats. Bart's a good points. That's a good point. By the way, Barstool has consistently been able to bring more people to their show than most of these other shows, honestly because one, I think they're pretty entertaining and like the students on campus, that's their market. That's who they cater to, is those people who want to go there and yell at Dave Portnoy and maybe get a chance to see Big Cat and stuff like that. But yeah, the SEC Nation went like it's almost the same thing, just with the SEC Network crew. Like I know Cash Daniel was because they did it last week and George for the South Caroline. They had the SEC whatever you call the SEC what is it called kickoff? Yeh SEC nations, So like they do their own version of it. But yesterday, and I mentioned this briefly before we talked with UH with Brian Edward yesterday, but Kirk Kirkstreet did confirm that Kentucky was gonna be the location for game Day until they lost. Because there was a tweet from a fan that says, why are you Why are you not on the call for Georgia Kentucky game primetime ABC. Herbstreet says, because Kentucky spit the bit last week. College game Day was a lock for UK if the Cats won last week, and we would have rather called that game as well, but South Carolina dominating that game. With South Carolina dominating that game, we always adjust to the results from the previous week. So like that seemed to be salt to the wound for Kentucky. And again I get it, like it's just you know, while we whant you pile on more things that make us sad, But like I really don't think if it was me in that position as a fan, I would I would look at that as, oh, it just keeps getting worse. We don't get game Day, but here's what South Carolina has in store, because that's what happens. South Carolina stole Game Day. Now they're going to be there for the LSU South Carolina game. Shane Baber's going to join the desk. I'm reading this from a South Carolina beat writer and the reason I'm bring this up because I don't nobody cares, but just to kind of like, I guess this could be a counter to my point that there is real value. Shane Biemer is going to be on the set, probably making a full of himself because he's a weird guy. Mayor Daniel the mayor of I guess Columbia, South Carolina. Daniel Rickenman is going to present Lee Corso a Key to the City. Darius Rutger is going to join the show for a performance, and Ryan McGee will do a feature on the birth of Sandstorm, the song that has become very well known for being what gets South Carolina fired up at was at William Brice Stadium something like that. And then also don Staley is going to be the guest picker, which makes total sense for her to be a part of it, considering she's on top of the world right now in college basketball, so you know there's value. It's just as a fan, I can't claim that that would be something I would be totally bummed about. I'd be way more bummed about, you know, losing the way that that that they did. All right, speaking of losing, that's not happening this weekend on Underdog Fantasy. Hear me you guys, hear me, John, Do you hear me? I hear you Because Underdog Fantasy, man, it is. It is where you can go and make picks that are specifically based off of players, not wins, point spreads, or talking what individual players do. And I'll give you just an example. You know, the NFL. Let's go to let's go to uh, let's see, let's go to which game we want to go to here? Let's see you get logged in here and figure out which game because there's a couple that I've already looked at as far as what I you know, expect and hope to happen. Uh when we get you know, when we get to Sunday. But as I described yesterday, here's how it works. Like right now, let's just say, let's go to the Ravens game the Ravens are taking on. Let's see, I just had it pulled up here, where's my notes at? Come on? Now here we go? Here we go. So in the yeah, let's go to the Ravens. In the Raiders game, like Lamar Jackson, there's higher or lower two hundred and fifteen and a half passing yards or higher lower two hundred and seventy and a half passing and rushing yards over ort higher than you know, point five touchdowns, which means she just has to score one, which you can do it again. The terminology is not the same within the Undertouk fantasy I just because from like a regulation standpoint, it's it's different. But here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna take Lamar over two fifteen and a half passing yards. That's one of my picks. And now all I have to do in order to get in here and give myself a chance to win money is pick at least one high or lower for somebody on the other side. So Gardner Minshew, I'm gonna go Gardner Minshew higher than point five interceptions. So right now I can just play this and if I put ten bucks on it at underdog fantasy that gets me a payout of twenty five to eighty not bad, right, And I think both those things are likely. But let's just say I'm getting a little greedy here, and I want more action, I want more juice. Let's go Derrick Henry. We're gonna say he's gonna have at least one touchdown, so I'm going higher than point five. I've added that, so now i've got three picks here. I'm still getting greedy, John, I'm still greedy here it happens, I'm gonna go brock Bowers, the rookie tied end for the Raiders. I'm gonna go he's gonna have higher than three point five receptions. So I've got four picks for this game right now. And again, has nothing to do with who wins how much they win by the total of points scored in the game. We're just talking about players individually getting higher or lower from what is set here within the Underdog Fantasy app. So I can play this for ten bucks, it's gonna pay me fifty eight dollars. It's a pretty good payoff for four things that I think are pretty likely to happen. Brock Bowers having at least four receptions, Derek Henry scoring a touchdown, Gardner Minshew throwing a pick, and Lamar throwing for over two fifteen and a half. And what makes it even better is I can flex that, which gives me a little bit of security. So if I flex it and I still put the ten dollars down, that ten bucks is gonna pay me. Let's see, it's gonna pay me up to thirty five point twenty. But if I end up, you know, if I end up getting just three of the four correct, I'm still gonna make some money. It won't be the full it won't be the full thing that if all four come in. But again it's flexing giving you a little bit, a little bit of insurance, a little bit of security there. So I love doing this because again, you guys know, I love betting on games and whatnot, But this gives me like a separate space to really just kind of nerd out and get into looking at what I expect players to do from a statistical standpoint, think player props. But again, terminology is different. And maybe it's just me, but I think others would like having a SEP placed to go and do the player specific things that's not included with you know, your parlays and that kind of stuff. So again, it's Underdog Fantasy. If you've not signed up yet, do it right now. Download the Underdog Fantasy app. You sign up with my code Nick seven ninety. Again. Nick seven ninety is the promo code, and all you got to do again, it's easy. You use the app, or you can go to Underdog Fantasy dot com and when you sign up with my promo code, they're gonna give you a free pick to use on your first cash pick them. Plus you can get up to one thousand dollars in bonus cash when you deposit money, so it's totally risk free. You deposit money, they're gonna give you one thousand dollars in bonus cash when you deposit, or you can just go take advantage of a free pick. It's Underdog Fantasy. The promo code is Nick seven ninety. If you do that, you're gonna claim the new customer special of a free pick and your deposit offer. So, I know a lot of a lot of you have heard of Underdog Fantasy. If you haven't, I don't know where you've been, because they've really exploded here recently because there's all kinds of sports fans like myself that have realized how awesome it is to get in on the action and win money. Over a million fans across thirty three states got into the game last year by competing on Underdog Fantasy. I mean, you can win up to one thousand times your money just by choosing again high or lower on your favorite player stats touchdowns, passing yards, et cetera. Again, you're already probably you've probably already been doing something like this elsewhere. Do it with Underdog Fantasy and use my promo code Nick seven ninety. And I promise you when I can't guarantee you, but I feel confident in saying you're gonna really love the experience, and you're going to make it a point to look at every matchup right, look at every game and all the pick them's out there. There's tons of NFL games each and every week, right, and you each each game gives you a chance to pick what you want to do, high or lower this player stats and again make some real, real money. So again Underdog Fantasy. Sign up right now and use the code Nick seven ninety. You'll claim your new customer special of a free pick and your deposit of from us the eighteen and up President and state where underdof Fantasy operates terms applot concern. It's your play called one hundred gambler or visit NCP Gambling dot Org. All right, Brooks and Done tickets, we're giving them away coming up next, So stick around five oh two, five seven one seventy nine hundred. Again five oh two, five seven one seventy nine hundred. Give us a call and you could be the winner of a pair of tickets to go see Brooks and Done at the kfcmsenter coming up in April right here on Sports Talk seven ninety All right, five oh two, five seven one seventy nine hundred is the number. Again, five oh two, five seven one seventy nine hundred is the number. Give us a call if you want tickets to go see Brooks and Done as they bring their tour to the KFCM Center coming up here in April April of twenty twenty five. So again five oh two, five to seven one seventy nine hundred. We got a couple more tickets we can we can give away. Somebody asked a good question earlier that I don't have the answer to, but I'm gonna guess for you. So, the Louisville basketball schedule in total has not been released just yet. But that's it's not just Louisville, it's the ACC. So I'm with you, Like, not that long ago, I feel like thinking, hey, why have they not, Like, why haven't they released that just yet? You would think that by now it would be out there. I think there's actually quite a few schools that already had quite a few college basketball schools out there that already have you know, their their schedule in in you know, in full, and we know, like we I think we know who Louisville is going to play. I mean got in. The non conference schedule, by the way, has been released, so we have an idea of of who they're going to play. It's just we don't know the exact dates. In fact, we can look at it later. I don't want to get into it right now, but we already, like we we already know which which teams they're gonna play twice, which teams are only gonna play once, which teams are going to play home and on the road. We just don't know the dates yet. What I want to see is what games they're going to have in ACC action early in the year, like in December and November, because that's when they went to a twenty game schedule for the ACC basketball. They gave you two conference games that took place in you know, before January, and then you get to the rest of the eight teen once you get to you know, the new calendar year. So uh, I just checked last year, it was September twenty sixth when they whenever they released and unveiled the ACC basketball schedule, they do it on the ACC network, So I'm sure they probably got it scheduled to come out before the end of this month, and at that point we will know. All right, let's do it. We got tickets to give away here, Brooks and Dunn our final pair of tickets to give away, uh, and the first two to get in here and get in line to be a part of the contest. We have Mike and we have Ruth. Mike. Are you with me? Yes, Hey, Mike, appreciate you joining in here. Ruth. Are you there? I sure am hello? Ruth. All right, So here's what we're gonna do. I'm gonna go one by one. We'll start with Mike, then go to Ruth. I'm gonna give you two band names, and you guys, you know, one by one. We'll start with Mike again. Ruth will be next, and you have to tell me which of these band names is real? Like, one of them is a real band, one of them is a completely made up band. So whoever ends up getting the most points throughout will end up being the winner. So Mike, are you ready?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: All right? Which one of these is a real band? Butcher Babies or Iron gaping Um Babies. He's going Butcher Babies and he got it right, John, Can you tell us something about Butcher Babies?
Speaker 3: They are a metalcore band from Los Angeles, California. They've been around since twenty ten. There you go, all right, So he's got one point. Let's go to you, Ruth.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What's a real band? The Turd Pumpkins or the Sick Puppies. Sick Puppies? You are correct, We've got We've got each with a point. What can you tell us about the Sick Puppies?
Speaker 3: They're an Australian band from or at least they formed back in nineteen ninety seven, been around for a while there you go.
Speaker 2: All right. Back to you, Mike, Ah, you're ready, Yes, sir, real band or fake band? Flesh Water or Anus Outlaws? Uh? The first one? Which one was that? The first? The first first one that you mentioned? Flesh Water? Yes, okay, that's correct. What can you tell us about Fleshwater? They're from Boston. They do shoegaze. All right, whatever that is? So is he?
Speaker 3: He's now three for three, so two So Mike Scott to Ruth will get her second answer?
Speaker 2: Okay, got you? Okay, Ruth, you're up. Which one I use? Is a real band or a fake band? Controversial Clucking or Silly Goose?
Speaker 1: Hm hm the first one.
Speaker 2: Incorrect? Silly Goose is the is the real is the real band? What can you tell us about silly.
Speaker 3: This is the only one without a Wikipedia page. They are currently touring and I believe they're from Texas something like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, good to know. All right, Uh, back to you, Mike. You've got a two to one lead. We'll do one more question for us for each of you. Uh, which one of these is a real band? Which one of these is a fake band? Creamy Companions or military.
Speaker 3: Gun crazy Companions?
Speaker 2: Incorrect? So the real what is military gun? What do we know about them? John?
Speaker 3: They're also from Los Angeles, California. Like the Butcher Babies have they only been around since twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: All right, John, there's one of these names. Here's where I run into a little bit of an issue because we've got a two to one lead and we've got one more. Ruth can tie it up here, correct? Correct? Yes, do me a favor, John, real quick, dm me one of the names that you threw at me earlier. Okay, if you've got a quick second here, because I want to make sure, I want to make sure I do this as fair as possible, and I feel like I might have a I think I have a fake band name that I don't want to use because I think now just doing the internet, you're doing some searching here, that they might in fact be a real band. So just you know, just just trying to be safer, send it to me, and as soon as you do it, I'll ask Ruth, and if they're tied, then we'll do what we do here for the for the top breaker, because each will have had three opportunities to uh to answer, So, okay, gotcha, all right, we'll do here here we go. You ready, Ruth?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: Texas Hippie Coalition or the Thundering Bolsters.
Speaker 1: The first one.
Speaker 2: She got it right, She's got it. What can you tell us about the Texas Hippie Coalition?
Speaker 3: Texas Hippie Coalition. They are from Texas and they've been around since two thousand and four. They play Southern metal. All right, here we go. This is gonna be just pure luck here. Actually, so I was going to do the number thing. John's gonna think of a number in his head that that that is between one and twenty, and whoever can get closest. But how do we determine who gets to pick first?
Speaker 2: I guess just random? I mean I guess, well, yeah, I don't know. I'm just trying to make sure this was first, as Mike was first in line. If we want to go by that, Here's what I'm going to do. Mike and Ruth, are you ready? You're both winning? You're both won because you tied and I had an I ended up getting the extra pair to give away that I requested, So both of you stick around. Thanks for playing, thanks for being a part of it, and congratulations. We'll get your information and you want tickets to go see Brooks and done. All right, all right, no problem, thank you guys. All Right, that worked out perfect because tip breakers, you know, I don't ever want to do them, but sometimes we end up in that position. We ended up here today, and sure enough I had I literally no joke, probably ninety seconds ago. I checked my email and I did see that I got the green light that hey, you got one more pair to give away if you want. So that's the easy way to do it. So thank you to Mike and Ruth, and congratulations on your victory. All right, see here, Uh, let's do this. I want to get to a break a little bit earlier than we typically do. It's not it's not to act as if we're gonna have a ton of time as we wrap up the show, but I do want to on Fridays to start giving myself a little bit more cushion in our final segments so we can talk a little more about what kind of picks we uh were putting out there. And I'm I'm just gonna choose to believe in the power of positivity here and you know, speak these picks into existence because I've got four NFL games that I feel really good about. And I've got I got a lot of college football games I'm gonna bet on. But there are a few, and I already mentioned one of them earlier, but there are a few that that I feel better about, you know, than than than than the others. So again, I probably sell myself a little too short when it comes to to my sports wagering. I mean, trust me, I'm not making a whole lot of money, but I'm such a competitive person that like any loss just guts me and I'm like, man, what are you doing? You're wasting money. But then again I remind myself, Nick, it's not about money. It's about just having fun, giving yourself, you know, some action. It may it definitely enhances the overall experience when it comes to watching sports. It gives it gives you a different element of the entertainment. And by the way, thank you to those who who signed up yesterday when I was talking about the Underdog Fantasy app, which again you should sign up right now and use promo code Nick seven ninety. They'll give you a free bonus bet and they'll match your deposit up to a thousand dollars. So again, just keep that in mind. But a couple of you have sent in that you you did it last night in the Bills Dolphins game and you were successful. So hey, again, the terminology is different, That's what I want to That's what I want to make clear. You're not going to see the same terminology in the Underdog Fantasy app that you see when you, you know, are betting on games when it comes to spreads and whatnot. But it's still, I mean, the concept's the same. It's just you're doing it based off of higher and lower as far as what a player is going to do statistically, So you know, like it may not feel like you're betting, but you are and you're winning money and last I check, that's that's what it's all about. So again what I put there, But I built one live on the fly and I'm sticking with it. So if you guys missed it and you want to, if you want to tail and maybe just maybe make this your first wager, your first your first experience here on Underdog Fantasy. I feel good about this one. Guys. Lamar Jackson over two hundred and fifteen yards, passing Gardner Minshew at least one interception, Derrick Henry at least one touchdown and then over three and a half or higher than three and a half receptions for brock Bauers for the Raiders. Like again, we'll see what happens, but like I think all those things are likely. So if you want, if you want to tail, let's do it all right, quick break, we'll come back on the other side. Wrap this thing up. It's coffee and Company, fuel by Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. That's right, it is coffee and Company, and we are fueled by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety as we wrap up the week and we get out of here for a loaded weekend, a college football action and a FELL action, something I'm certainly excited about. And yes, I mean I wish Louisville was playing in a meaningful game tomorrow and we could get a chance to learn where this team is and whatnot. But hey, it's out of our control. I'm going to take advanceage of a week off for my team and just sit back and observe college football, NFL and you know, again, best time of the year. I'm not going to take it for granted because I get sad. It's my happy place when we get to this part of the year and it's good stuff. No doubts already mentioned tonight, I really really do like Kansas State to cover as favorites minus six and a half against Arizona. I've got no thoughts really on unov Kansas. My initial my initial gut says take Kansas minus eight and a half. But I don't know if I can trust him now. You know, Kansas is one of those teams that I think deserve to get some love heading into this year with what Lynch Leepold has done the last few years. But I don't know, Like if Kansas loses tonight straight up, or they win and don't cover, can like you can you blame anybody but yourself if you trusted Kansas football. You know what I'm saying, John, I'm with you. Yeah, Alabama Wisconsin tomorrow. I'm tempted to take Bama minus sixteen and a half, but I don't know. They were in a close game with South Florida and like the Bama might win by eighty Just isn't there anymore with saving now? They But like I just there's times where I would see a spread and sell okay, savings covering that, but like he's not there anymore, you know what I mean. I'm definitely taking Memphis plus six and a half. Maybe because I'm a hater of Florida State. I just think what makes this intriguing for me is that not only is everybody aware that Florida State's way more beatable now than maybe you would have thought before they played a game this year, but a team like Memphis can now go into Tallahassee and know we can beat these guys. We're better. I mean, they may not be, but they can. They can realistically say, hey, we're better than Boston College or Georgia Tech. And when you already have two bad losses and you've already really kind of lost your season as Florida State, adversity's gonna be different.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: You get down ten, you get down a score even like that mental factor can really take over and you really start second guessing yourself. And by the way, if you do get down, do you have a quarterback that can come from behind? Dju I don't think he's doing that.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about Ole Miss minus twenty three and a half against Wake four? I wanted to stay away, but that's my other Parlayen. Yeah, I like it a lot. Brian Edwards talked about that one as well. I think Lane Kiffin is is one coach that if he can, and I think he will be able to.
Speaker 2: He will. He will put up a score that will give him attention for taking care of business right like. He's not the kind of coach that that, in my opinion, will not cover win by ten and then claim wake Forest is a good team. People don't know what they're talking about, like and look style points. I hate calling him that because it just you know, I it's it's you know, it's a little it's a little overused. But like perception matters Man and ole Miss, they're not gonna win the SEC, but they want to get one of these at large spots. So when they play another power for team like wake Forest, I think they got to crush him, and I think they have the personnel to do that. So I like that one. You say it's minus twenty three, Now.
Speaker 3: I believe that's I got it either twenty three, twenty three and a half something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've got. If you got any thoughts on Pittsburgh West Virginia, it's West Virginia minus two and a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 2: It's a rivalry game. I don't think either team is very good. Wake four or not. Wake for West Virginia was bullied essentially by Penn State. Penn State winning in Morgantown. I just took care of business, Pitt. I don't think they're a good team. They should have lost last week, but you know what, they lucked out because the guy coaching the other team was Scott Sadderfield. So they were able to come from behind in a race of twenty one point deficit in the fourth quarter and still win. So the rivalry matchup there and the spread being as tight as it is has me intrigued. That's probably gonna be a gonna be a stay away from me. And again I'm tailing Brian Edwards here with this one. I'm taking the Georgia over thirty four and a half team total. I just think that's I mean, I think they could score that with ease. And then in the NFL. Just some really quick thoughts here, I do, in fact love the Chargers minus four and a half against the Panthers, who I think really really suck. I'm gonna go Homer here. Maleak Willis is starting in Green Bay. Give me the Colts minus three. I really like that one. And theirs are the Cardinals. I actually think they're gonna be a surprise team this year. Give me the Cardinals minus one and a half against the La Rams. All right, we're out of time, you guys. Enjoy your weekend. We're back at it on Monday, right here on Sports Talk seven to ninety. Take care,