Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. One of the best ways to improve your brain function is called intermittent fasting. And what intermittent fasting is when you only eat for eight hours of the day and you fast for sixteen hours. Most people do the opposite, where they eat for sixteen hours and fast for eight hours.
Speaker 3: That is not good.
Speaker 4: We need more hours to digest our nutrients.
Speaker 3: To absorb the food.
Speaker 4: That we eat, to detox from the bad chemicals that have gone into our bodies during the day, to replenish our bad brain cells, to kill off the bad bacteria and viruses. So we need sixteen hours of fasting. When you fast for sixteen hours, now the bacteria that's in your system has nothing to feed on and it dies off. The viruses have nothing to feed on, they die off. The parasites, the worms they got nothing to feed on because you're starving the body. The more you starve the body, the quicker you will heal. In fact, the Nobel Prize for Medicine a few years ago was on autophogy. Autophogy means to eat yourself. Auto is self, face is eat. So autophogy is when you actually don't put food in your body, and now you could cleanse the bad stuff out. So your brain has what's called glial cells, and I call them the nurses of the body, and their job is to clean everything up, flush out all the bad stuff, disinfect the brain, cleanse out the negative stuff that's going on in your brain. The glial cells clean up all those bad brain cells. We have lots of cells in our body that kill off the bad cells. For example, in your gut you have good bacteria that fight off the bad bacteria. In your cardiovascular system you have good cholesterol that fights off your bad cholesterol. And in your brain you have these glial cells that kill off the bad brain cells. But the only way these glile cells will start to work is when your fasting, is when you're not putting any food in your body. The more you fast, the quicker your brain will cleanse. To get a real good fast and create autophogy, you have to do more than a forty eight hour fast, So I typically like to do I'll do it once or twice a year, just for a cleanse, for a detox, to get rid of the heavy metals, the mold, all the chemicals that we're exposed to. So I'll do it where you fast starting Friday night after dinner, and the next time you eat is Monday morning breakfast. So you have no food on Saturday, no food on Sunday. So it's more than a forty eight hour fast. So now autopogy can start to kick in, and this has been proven to help even there's a beer neurological disorders such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, concussion, traumatic brain injury, stroke. Autophogy can heal the brain. But you have to fast when you're resting. You're not going to do a fast when you gotta you know, exercise, and you gotta go to work, and you gotta read your essays, and you gotta present something, and you gotta drive for many hours. So if you have a lot on your plate, that is not the time to do your fasting because you might be weak, you might get some lightheaded, you might not be exactly one hundred percent energy and strength and cardiovascular function like you're supposed to. So when you do autopogy and you are fasting, now it's a good time to rest. Same thing with the intermittent fasting. The best time to do it is where you eat from ten am to six that's your eight hours. So intermit and fast and you want to eat from ten am to six pm, and you want to sleep from ten pm to six am.
Speaker 3: And before you're sleeping.
Speaker 4: Eight hours, you're eating eight hours and you're fasting sixteen hours. That is a recipe to improve your health and your brain function, and you want to do it consistently every single day. You only eat from ten to six. Why do we eat. The reason we eat is for energy. That's why you're gonna eat during the day. It doesn't make sense to eat at eight o'clock at night when we just want to relax and go to bed. It's paradoxyl that's why you want to eat like a king for breadakfast, a prince for lunch, and a pauper for dinner. So you got a big breakfast at ten, decent sized lunch twelve thirty one o'clock, and then you get your dinner at five point thirty, being the smallest meal so you want the most food when you need the most energy, which is during the daylight hours, and you want the least food at night when we want to chill out our brain and we want to relax. So if you have troubles with sleep, either falling asleep or staying asleep, make sure you do intermitten fasting where you only eat from ten am to six pm, so you're eating eight hours and don't eat eight hours from one pm to nine pm. That is not the eight hours you want to eat because you're eating half of those hours it's dark outside. You don't want to eat when it's dark outside. That ruins your circadium rhythms coming from your pineal gland or what people call it the third eye. Your pineal gland controls your circadium rhythms. So that's gonna increase melatonin at night, and it's gonna decrease cortisol at night to get you to sleep. However, people who have difficulties sleeping are gonna have increased cortisol at night.
Speaker 3: That's not good.
Speaker 4: Then you're gonna wake up all groggy like you're not well rested, you're not high energy, So you wanna wake up with high energy you wanna wake up after a deep sleep and like what time is it? How long have I been out? That's a deep sleep and it starts with intermittent fasting. So after you're done eating by six pm, now what you want to do to aid in digestion is walk outside, take a walk after dinner. The worst thing is to eat dinner and go right on the couch. That's a no no, not good for your digestion, not good for your brain. So after your six o'clock, after six o'clock and you're done eating, now what you have to do is go for a walk. That helps with the digestion, and look up in the sky. When you look up in the sky, now your brain says, oh it's darker outside. Now I got to increase melotonin and get my body ready for sleep. But if it's eight o'clock at night, you're eating food, your lights are on, your TV's on, your computers on, you're going through your cell phone, you're watching the news. This is going to increase cortisol. You want to decrease cortisol at night, do not watch the news. You want to decrease cortisol night, do not turn on the television. You don't want to watch, you know, breaking bed with some drug dealer, or a special victims unit where they're looking at rapist, or you know, some TV show about zombies killing you. What is that The Waking Dead or something like that. You don't want to watch about these murder mysteries and these cop shows where they're killing everybody, and you know, and all these shows are stressful, and the more stressful a show you watch, the more stimulation of cortisol. And that's just watching a stressful show is going to increase cortosol, not even including the increased cortosol that comes from the blue light that's emitted from all these smart devices, just as your computer, your TV, your cell phone, and your iPad. The more blue light, the more increase in cortisol, and you increase in cortisol. That's the stress hormone that's going to interrupt your circadium rhythms and you're not going to sleep properly.
Speaker 3: So what you want to do is not only.
Speaker 4: Intermittent fast where you stop eating at six pm, but after you come home from your ten minute walk after dinner. So after dinner, you want to do a ten minute walk outside and look up into the sky, so you see that it's dark, and now your brain's gonna increase melatonin. So you want to intermittent fast from food, be done by six pm.
Speaker 3: And then when you come.
Speaker 4: Home, you want to actually not have any electronics and you want to dim your lights. So turn off the lights or just use a desk lamp. Turn off the TV, turn off the Wi Fi, turn up the computer, turn off your cell phone, turn off your iPad. This is the time to relax. So play a board game, play some monopoly, play some cards if you're by yourself, play solitaire. You can play Jenga. You can draw a picture. You can write a poem. You can write in your journal. You could learn some music. Learn how to play the piano, learn how to play the guitar, learn how to play the harmonica. You could join a book club. You could join a sewing class. You could take a yoga class. You could do a meetup with your friends that have common interests. You can learn how to sew, learn how to put up a shelf, learn how to change a tire. You can learn a new language. You could talk to your family. You could listen to some music. You could put on a podcast, listen to an audible book, but just stay away from the screens. So you want to do intermittent fasting where you only eat from ten am to six pm. And you want to do only using your electronics during the day. So if you have emails, text messages, you want to scroll on Facebook and YouTube, just get it done before six pm. After six pm, unplug, turn off the electronics. Then you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 5: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases. That this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Caplan and you will learn natural, integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Caplin is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contack to doctor Kaplan, you can call his team at two are one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplandc dot com.
Speaker 4: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: One way to make sure your brain function at optimal levels is to make sure you're hydrated.
Speaker 3: Think of your.
Speaker 4: Brain like a grape. When a grape gets dehydrated, it shrivels up into a raisin. Now do you want your brain to shrivel up like a raisin? Or do you want a nice and full and juicy and soft and better connections and more oxygen and more atp and more minochondria Or do you want all the brain sells to die off and be dry all these spaces and no connections unless oxygen and blood flow.
Speaker 3: Right. I want to make sure my brain.
Speaker 4: Gets all the nutrients that needs, and it starts with water. Now, you're supposed to drink half your body weight in ounces, So if you weigh two hundred pounds, you need to drink one hundred ounces of water. If you weigh one hundred pounds, you only need to drink fifty ounces of water. So does not drink eight glasses a day. It's drink half your body weight in ounces, because someone who's really big has to drink more than someone who's really small.
Speaker 3: Makes sense.
Speaker 4: Now, Also that's important is to make sure your water gets absorbed. Most people drink water and that doesn't get absorbed. They drink it and then pee it out. They drink it and then pee it out, And I hear these stories all the time. Oh, I can't drink water because then I got to pee right away. That means you're not absorbing it. If you drink a glass of water right before bed, you're supposed to be able to sleep the entire night without waking up to peat. Even if you drink a full glass of water right before bed, as long as it's getting absorbed. So most people aren't absorbing the water properly. Now, there's a few tricks to make sure you absorb the water. The first trick is salt, Celtic salt or pink ameleine salt. And if you put a pinch of the Celtic salt in your water, it's gonna deposit about eighty six minerals, and these minerals help the water to get absorbed. So you don't just drink it and then pee it out. You want to drink the water and make sure that water gets to your brain, gets to your heart, gets to your digestive track, gets to your muscles, get to your joints, to where it needs to go to hydrate properly. If you get cramps, whether it's menstrual cramps or cats, cramps in your calf, cramps in your legs, cramps in your feet, in your hands, if you're getting these cramps, that means you're dehydrated. The most common cause of cramps is dehydration. So if you're female and you know your period's coming, you better load up on water those few days before. Put the salt in so you get absorbed. You will decrease your chances of getting cramps. If you get cramps at night, because your calves tighten up. You better start getting hydration, and you better start putting salt in your water. And it's just a pinch. If you taste the salt, it's too much. You don't want to overdo it, but you do want to put the salt in because if you just drink the water without the salt, then it's what's called acidic water, and it doesn't get absorbed. We want alkaline water that's full of minerals. If you drink acidic water, that actually can make you sick.
Speaker 3: Because all disease loves an.
Speaker 4: Acidic environment, whether it's heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer's, diabetes, they want the acidic environment, so they don't want you to drink your water with minerals. If you have a virus of bacteria, mold exposure, parasites, worms, they love.
Speaker 3: An acidic environment. But if you have an.
Speaker 4: Alkaline environment because you're putting the salt in the water and you're eating alkaline foods, then you're gonna become a lot healthier. You're gonna kill off the virus, you're going to reverse diabetes, your blood pressure is gonna go down, your heart disease is gonna decrease, your brain function is going to improve. I see severe parkins and severe Alzheimer's, severe dementia, and they're always worse on the days they're dehydrated, and I can touch eup how much water do you drink today, Ah, doc, I know it's bad yesterday, it's bad today. I could tell. Because the brain doesn't function how it's supposed to. We need to hydrate. And if you're not doing it for your brain, do it for static purposes, because guess what, when you drink more water, you get less wrinkles. When you drink more water, your hair looks better when you drink more water, Your skin's less dry. When you drink more water, your digestive systems better. You lose some weight. So if you want to get rid of those wrinkles, get rid of your dry skin, better hair and joints, lose some weight. Then you start drinking water. So if you don't do it for medical purposes, at least do it for static purposes. The water that most people drink is from a water bottle. We don't want to drink water from a water bottle because the plastics in the water bottle leak into the water. So when you're drinking out of those plastic water bottles, you're actually taking plastic inside your system, and the plastic is toxic, causes brain inflammation, causes problems with your digestive system, your cardiovascular system, we don't want all these microplastics in our bloodstream, in our cells, in our body, in our stomach. These microplastics are everywhere. They're even in the clothes we wear. Those polyester clothes that everyone wears, those workout clothes, those span decks, those you tight clothes that the women wear. They're full of plastics and they get absorbed through your skin. So you might be drinking water and getting plastics. You might be wearing polyester getting plastics. You might be storing your food in plastics that then the food gets the plastics. Now you're eating plastics. You might microwave stuff in a plastic container, Then that plastic goes into the food. So you microwave plastics. No good. You store your food with plastics, no good. You drink your water in plastic containers, no good. You know, wear clothes that have plastics, no good. So start staying away from these plastics. You don't have to do it. You could drink out of a glass water bottle, you could drink out of a stainless steel water bottle, but stop using the plastics. The plastics are endocrine disruptors and they'll cause you to gain weight. I've had patients lose weight just by eliminating plastics from their life. So not only are you improving your brain function and preventing heart disease and cancer, but you're actually gonna lose a few pounds and actually look healthier too. These endo cringe disruptors can mess up your thyroid, can mess up your hormones, can affect you, know, if you're trying to get pregnant, or if you have a rectile dysfunction or lack of libido, lack of arousal. We don't want all these hormonal issues where you get menstrual cramps and morning sickness and night sweats and hot flashes. If you have any of these symptoms, stay away from those plastics. And if you want to prevent those symptoms, stay away from plastics. Start using glass, start using stainless steel. And you gotta be careful when you buy the stainless steel. Some of them actually they'll say stainless steel, but they got a lot of nickel in it or something, and you have to get I usually say like eighteen zero and that means zero nickel and it's all stainless steel. But if it's like eighteen five or eighteen one or eighteen two or eighteen six. That means they're adding other stuff besides the stainless steel. And the same thing. When you bring your lunch to work or school, store it in the stainless steel or the glass. I have a stainless steel lunch box, very light, but there's no plastic containers which are gonna leach into my food. The glass is good too, but it's a little heavy, and that's fine, and then obviously it's fragile. It could break, so you gotta be careful. But glass container or stainless steel container. Therefore you don't get any of these microplastics leaking into the food. And stop using the microwave. There's no reason to use the microwave. If you need to heat up food, use a toaster oven and just put it on bake or warm it up.
Speaker 3: But don't use the microwave. It's radiation. You get a decreased.
Speaker 4: Amount of radiation you're exposed to. Now, in regards to water, you want to drink on an empty stomach, so don't drink water with your meal. You want to drink first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Then you want to drink half hour before breakfast, then a half hour before lunch, a half hour before dinner, and one more drink at night. So that's five glasses of water every single day. If you weigh two hundred pounds and you need to get one hundred ounces of water, each of those five glasses will be twenty ounces.
Speaker 3: It's doable.
Speaker 4: Twenty ounce glass right in the morning, twenty ounce glass a half hour before breakfast, twenty ounce glass before lunch, twenty ounce glass before dinner, and a twenty ounce glass at night. If you're one hundred pounds, you only need ten ounce glass. Just do the math for whatever your weight is. So it needs to be half your body weight in ounces, and it needs to be on an empty stomach.
Speaker 3: And you need to put the Celtic salt to get absorbed.
Speaker 4: And if you want, squeeze some lemon or some lime or some orange just to give it some flavor. But do it on an empty stomach. Don't wake up and drink coffee on an empty stomach. That's the worst thing you could do. Coffee causes a lot of inflammation, acid reflux, anxiety, difficulties, sleep, autoimmune disease, and panic, tachycardia, my heart rate, muscle spasm. Stay away from that first thing in the morning. Start drinking water in the morning with your Celtic salt with a squeeze of lemon a little bit warm so it gets absorbed. That way, you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan.
Speaker 3: More when we come back from the.
Speaker 5: Break, don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six 't one two one five zero or email info at Kaplan, brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplan, or visit kaplandc dot com for more information.
Speaker 4: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. One of the most important ways to improve your brain function is to make sure you have proper vitamin D levels, and you will not know unless you get blood work. So you have to get blood work and analyze your vitamin D. Now, not all doctors analyze vitamin D. So if you do your you know, yearly physical, just make sure say, hey, doc, please check my vitamin D levels. It's very important, and they'll do it for you. They know it's very important, but they don't always just do it standard. Now, when you look at the lab values, they'll say maybe anything you know greater than twenty five or thirty for your vitamin D levels is good.
Speaker 3: I disagree, because what they're.
Speaker 4: Doing is getting the average vitamin D levels of the people that go to the lab. Now, the people that get blood work done usually have a problem. They usually have heart disease or diabetes, or cholesterol or hydroglycerides are there OBEs, so they got cancer or they got dementia. Most Americans have some sort of medical condition. So when they say your quote unquote normal, they're just comparing you to a typical sick American who's sitting inside all day on the computer, eating crappy food, under stress, that's got horrible blood work results and is on lots of medicine and does lots of testing. That is not who you want to be. You don't want to be a typical American. You got to be the one percent, not the ninety nine percent who are sick and unhealthy. You got to be the one percent, And the one percent are going to have their vitamin D levels closer to fifty or sixty, not twenty or thirty. We got to double that if you want to be that one percent who has good vitamin D levels, not normal, but healthy vitamin D levels, because guess what happens when you have healthy vitamin D levels That boosts your immune system. One of the first things that we noticed when the COVID nineteen pandemic started is that the people that were getting it really bad and that we're getting sick and that we're dying were all vitamin D deficient. There's not one person that died that wasn't vitamin D deficient. But did they tell you that, No, What did they say, Stay at home, watch TV, get your free beer with your vaccine, wear the mask so you can't breathe, don't go visit your grandparents. Let's close the gym, close the churches. Be in fear mode. That was the advice that we were given. That advice was the wrong advice. Whatever they told me, I did the opposite. When they said, hey, everybody, stay inside, the first thing I said is I'm going outside. I'm going to go outside and get my vitamin D and get my oxygen. I'm not staying inside where there's less vitamin D and less oxygen. Doesn't make any sense because vitamin D and oxygen was your best defense against COVID nineteen. But the advice they're telling you is to get less vitamin D and less oxygen. Interesting, right, What do they say, Oh, don't cough on your hands, cough on your elbow, and then the next sentence was, oh, when you greet someone, don't shake hands. Tap elbows. Pretty interesting, right, So the advice was sneeze into your elbow and then when you meet somebody, tap their elbow. So I'm sneezing into an elbow and then I'm gonna tap with my elbow. That's a way to stop the spread. Interesting, right, don't listen to what they say. If they closed the gyms, I'm gonna work out more. When they said don't visit grandpa and grandma, I made sure my kids went to see their grandpa and grandma. Social isolation makes your immune system worse as well.
Speaker 3: When I was young, I.
Speaker 4: Learned to do the opposite of whatever the government told us. I learned this from the food pyramid, right. The food pyramid says, oh, youat this bread and cereal and pasta and grains.
Speaker 3: And apple, your milk and cheese.
Speaker 4: And they wanted to to load up on your dairy products, your carbs, your breads.
Speaker 3: That was the bottom of.
Speaker 4: The food pyramid. They wanted to eat all that stuff. And guess what was on the top. Fat And guess what your brain is made of fat.
Speaker 3: That's what your nerves are made of.
Speaker 4: Fat. So if you want your brain and your nervous system to work better, you got to increase fat. Don't follow the food pyramid where you decrease fat. Decades ago, the sugar industry came up with an enemy being fat, because if everyone was worried about fat, they won't be worried about sugar. So everyone started getting fat free and stay away from fat and don't eat these eggs and butter, and stay away from all the fat. The fat is bad. It's gonna clide your armies and Cohen's heart disease. Wrong. Fat is good. Fat is necessary for your brain function. Fat is necessary for your nerves. But we just gotta make sure it's.
Speaker 3: The healthy fat. Right.
Speaker 4: When you eat olives, that's good healthy fat. When you eat avocado, good healthy fat, walnuts good healthy fat, gia seeds good healthy fat, Salmon sardines, omega threes, good healthy fish, oil fat, eggs good fat, coconut oil, good fat. You don't want to eat the fat of the steak right, the fat of the pork, But eat good healthy fat for your brain and your nervous system. And stay away from all the carbs, the bread, the starches, the sugars, the soda, the pasta, the muffins, the crackers, the cereals, the oatmeal, the rice, the potatoes, the sandwiches. Stay away from the dairy, the milk, the cheese, the yogurt. Yogurt and oatmeal is not healthy to white. We don't want to eat white foods, sugar, dairy, flour. Stay away from the white and eat all the colors red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple. You gotta eat the colors and you get all your nutrients, all your vitamins. Now, vitamin D isn't actually a vitamin, it's a hormone. So vitamin D, we said, will boost your immune system if it's at higher levels.
Speaker 3: So right now, what is it.
Speaker 4: It's the flu season or you know a lot of people are getting sick. It's because they're vitamin D deficient. It's not because it's cold outside.
Speaker 3: It's because they don't have enough vitamin D.
Speaker 4: So even when it's cold outside, get some sunlight. There's three important times to be out in the sun sunrise, sunset, and lunchtime. Right in the middle of the day where it's strongest ten minutes, ten minutes, and ten minutes. So it only has to be thirty minutes a day, but you want to be healthy, you take care of those thirty minutes. Ten minutes in the morning, ten minutes at night, ten minutes in the middle of the day. Okay, that is for your vitamin D and your mental strength and abilities to function at highest level. Now, when vitamin D levels are high, that's also good for your thyroid. We have so many people with thyroid conditions. Whether it's hashimotos graves from the pituitary. It's a primary, it's a secondary. Now, if you have a thyroid problem, start doing a full panel. Most doctors they only check TSH or T three or T four. That doesn't tell us why the thyroid is off. That's why you got to do a full panel, including antibodies. If you include antibodies, you can tell.
Speaker 3: Do I have an autoimmune disease? Do I have hashimotos?
Speaker 4: The most common thyroid problem is hashimotos and what hashimotoves is is an autoimmune disease that's attacking the thyroid. So if you have hashimotos yet you're treating it with medicine, that doesn't make sense because it's not a thyroid problem. It's an autoimmune disease. So you want to get to the root cause of the problem. Now, don't come see me if you just want a pill, if you want a prescription, you want some IV or some injection, some herb or supplement, that's not from me. But if you want to get to the root cause of your health problem, whether it's your thyroid, or your energy, or your memory, your focus, whatever it is, heart disease, stomach problems, diabetes. We can help you with it, but you gotta do the work. If you come to me with diabetes, I'm not gonna write a prescription for met foreman, Okay, But I'm gonna teach you how to fix your diabetes in a natural and holistic way.
Speaker 3: But it's work, all right. If you come to me.
Speaker 4: With high blood pressure, I'm not gonna write you a prescription for hypertension medications. If you come to me for anxiety, I'm not gonna write you a prescription for xat X. If you come to me with sleeping problems, I'm not gonna write a prescription for ambient. You come to me with headaches, I'm not gonna give you etc. I'm gonna teach you how to get to the root cause. And many problems come from a vitamin D deficiency. Whether it's your immune system that's weak, whether it's your brain fog, whether it's your thyroid problem. There's so many there's hundreds of things that vitamin D is responsible for.
Speaker 3: So we have to.
Speaker 4: Make sure that this hormone is at the proper level. That's very important to make sure that your vitamin D levels are normal, and if they're not normal, even after going outside three times a day during the sun rise, sunset, and lunchtime. Then you might have to supplement. There is a supplement called Ultra D five thousand from Apex Energetics. That's my only vitamin D supplement that I take. It's the only one I suggest for my patients. Don't get vitamin D from GNC, from Whole Foods, from the Vitamin Shop, from CVS, from Trader Joe's. Don't go to these stores and buy supplements. You have to get supplements from a doctor who looks at your blood work, can add and tell you exactly what you need and has the education to give you the quality product. But most people are taking vitamin D that's full of contaminants, fillers impurities, doesn't get absorbed and it becomes toxic.
Speaker 3: To your body.
Speaker 4: So if you want, you can email me info at Kaplin Brain and Body and I can tell you how to get the quality vitamin D. That way you'll function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 5: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases that this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan and you will learn natural, integrated, and holy stick approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplin is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact the Doctor Kamplin, you can call his team at two O one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 4: Function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. Did you know that the average American is on twelve medications twelve medications and that includes people like me who are on zero medications, meaning there's many people that are on over twenty medications. It's very scary. I just had a patient today brought me. She brought me her bag of pills, all these medication. There are about twenty bottles, and she said, I am done. She gave me a hug. She was so happy. She said, I can't believe it. I'm literally off all my medication because she started following my instructions and her brain's doing better, her body's doing better, she's feeling better, and now she doesn't have to be on these drugs. These drugs have lots of side effects. The most common prescribed drug is liptour or these statin drugs. Statin drugs are supposedly to lower your cholesterol. Now, here's the deal with cholesterol. Cholesterol is very important. Your brain is smart. It produces cholesterol for a reason. Cholesterol isn't a bad thing. Cholesterol is good for your hormones. It's good for your liver, it's good for your cells, your membranes, it's part of your building blocks of your entire system. We need cholesterol. But if you take statin drugs that bring down cholesterol, now there could be big problems. Now there's gonna be a lot of side effects, a lot of joint pains, a lot of people come to me with all these joint pains, and once I fix their cholesterol and they're able to get off the medication, their joint pains go away.
Speaker 3: Imagine that.
Speaker 4: So people are doing acupunt sure, chiropractor, physical therapy, they're doing injections, epidurals, cortisone shots, and all they had to do was.
Speaker 3: Get off the statons.
Speaker 4: So they spend thousands, some times tens of thousands of dollars doing all these therapies. But if you get to the root cause, which is a side effect of a medication, then you could fix it permanently. Guess what is a side effect of statin drugs? Dementia? You know how many patients I see that come to me with dementia and they have no idea that the statin drugs that they've been taking for years is one of the big causes. Do you think their doctor told them when they prescribe the statin drugs that it could cause dementia?
Speaker 3: Nope? Do they legally have to tell you it causes dementia? Yep?
Speaker 4: But guess what if you are prescribing a drug and you say, oh, by the way, this might cause dementia. Some people might not take it.
Speaker 3: Now. Is that ethical?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Is it legal? Yes?
Speaker 4: You have to tell a patient any risk of a center procedure that you're doing. Not all doctors follow this rule, but it is a requirement. And what do they say on the Hippocratic oath is make sure you do no harm. Are people following that? Not necessarily, but that's the first rule of a doctor. Whatever you do, do not cause harm. Unfortunately, sometimes the first option causes harm. In my opinion, it's better to start off with conservative, natural and holistic therapies first, which have no risk and no harm. If for some reason that doesn't work, then you could try medicine, which has a little bit more risk and causes a little bit more harm. If for some reason that doesn't work, then you do a surgery, what has the most risk and cause the most harm. So you start off natural holistic first, then meddictional second, then surgery third.
Speaker 3: That's the order you have to do it.
Speaker 4: But if you go first to popping the pills, you go first to doing the surgeries, that's a big risk, and that's a risk I don't want you to take. So let's see if we can do stuff to reverse your high cholesterol if it's even a problem. Sometimes your cholesterol's high because you're good cholesterols high the HGL man, it's not an issue at all.
Speaker 3: There's no risk.
Speaker 4: If I see a patient and their cholesterols two hundred ten and they're good cholesterols one hundred and ten and they're bad cholesterols one hundred, that's actually pretty good because their good cholesterol is so high. Now if they're two hundred ten and their good cholesterol is forty and they're bad cholesterols one seventy, then your ratio is greater than four.
Speaker 3: I don't like that. Yeah, it's not good.
Speaker 4: So then we have to change it, and you might have to increase foods that will increase your good cholesterol. Some eggs, some salmon, some coconut oil, you know, stuff like that that's gonna get your good cholesterol functioning at higher levels. Right, So your best defense against bad cholesterol is good cholesterol. So if you can get your good cholesterol and a good ratio, then you could decrease your statins.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: But if you take these statin drugs, just know that it might cause joint pain, it might cause dementia, So you always got to measure the risk versus the reward, and then a lot of people take antibiotics. It's very dangerous that ruins your gut microbiome because it kills off all the good bacteria. Just like you have good bacteria that fights off the bad bacteria, you have good cholesterol that so off the beadles. You have good brain cells that fight up the bad brain cells. Your brain has ways to self heal. Stop causing too much interference with those systems. Your doctor does not know more than God. Your human brain is smarter than any doctor from any school that's ever existed. So why do we think doctors know more than the human brain. Stop interfering so much. The more I learn, the less intervention I do. As I get smarter and smarter, I decrease my interventions. When I first came out of school, I just wanted to help all these patients, so I tried to do everything in my bag of tricks. But then I realized, the less I do and just focus on the main problems and let the body take over. Now, the body can heal, So stop taking antibiotics for everything. If you have taken antibiotics, you must start taking probiotics. And with probiotics you have to change every two months because there's different bacteria have different tasks, different jobs, different assignments. And once you kind of get your systems good and you take a probotic, now they start multiplying on their own. Now you got to do a different strain. And it's not about how many billions of bacteria. It's about how many different strains you have and feed it a good environment.
Speaker 3: All right. So if you have.
Speaker 4: Some sort of infection, instead of taking antibiotics, start thinking about taking probiotics. Start thinking about bringing down your inflammation, bringing down the acidic environment. Maybe you need to rest more, maybe you need more vitamin D, maybe you need more water, maybe need less stress. Get to the root cause, don't hide the symptoms with medication. Right when people get anxiety, oh, take a xatax or take some anti anxiety pill which is gonna shut off the brain.
Speaker 3: So it might.
Speaker 4: Decrease some of your anxiety, but guess what also might happen. It might shut off your joy, your happiness, your love, your passion for life. I have patience that come to me and say I don't like these anti anxiety pills because now I feel like a zombie.
Speaker 3: Or they take these.
Speaker 4: Antidepressants and then they like lexipro or whatever, and then they start gaining weight and they say, oh, now I'm even more depressed because now I can't lose this excessive weight. So the key to depression is progression. So you don't necessarily need antidepressants, but you might need to make progression. Progression in your health, progression in your relationships, progression in your job and your finances, and your spirituality and your volunteer in your charity, in your family life. Just make progression, and that's the key to depression. And actually vitamin D is very good for depression. People get seasonal affect disorder right now in the winter because there's less sunlight, less vitamin D, and that leads to depression. People who come from Jamaica or the Dominican or Puerto Rico, or from South America, from India or Africa, who come from a southern latitude and move up to New York or New Jersey, they get depression too, or even severe neurological disorders like multiple sclerosis because of vitamin D deficiency. Their brains are used to getting more sunlight and more vitamin D. So we don't need all these antidepressants. When you have trouble to sleep, you don't need to take ambient right start getting your circainium ritis in order, stop eating at night, stop using electronics at night, don't take melatonin either. You can heal the body from in just get rid of the interference. But you also have to check if you have a neurological problem. The best test to check for these neurological problems is called a qEEG brain mapping, and this is a quick fifteen minute test with no radiation, no pain, but it measures all your brain ways and it tells us do you have depression, anxiety? Do you have troubles with memory focused? Do you have problems with motivation? You have low energy? Do you have sleep difficulty? Do you have inflammation in your brain? Do you have a thyroid problem, you have intestinal inflammation, you have low dopamine, low aceto coaling. It picks up all of this. Okay, it's normally five hundred dollars, but if you wait around for a minute, I'm gonna teach you how to get it for only twenty one dollars. Another good test is called a VNG videonstography, where you wear these goggles and They measure which areas the brain are overactive, which you're underactive. If it's overactive, you get heart palpitations, tachikardia, you get panic, you get stress, anxiety, ADHD. The mind's raising a million miles per hour insomnia. That's when it's overactive. The VNG will also pick up. If it's underactive, that'll be fatigue, depression, low motivation for memory, poor metabolism, increase, weakain, so the VNG picks that up. That test is also normally five hundred dollars, but stick around for a minute and I'll tell you how to get that one for only twenty one dollars. And the third test you could also get as a gift is a one on one with me where I go over your brain mapping, I go over your VNG, I go over your blood work, we go over your heart, your lungs, we go over your memory, your balance, your posture, your alignment, your breathing, your stomach, your inflammation. We go over to a full physical and neurological evaluation. It's normally five hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call, text or email, you could get that for only twenty one dollars, and if you want, you could do all three. You could get the qEEG for twenty one dollars, the VNG for two twenty one dollars, and the one on one with me for only twenty one dollars. You could do all in the same day if you want as well, you just have to be one of the first seven people to call, text or email. The number is six four six two two one six seven three eight. The email is info at kaplinbrainanbody dot com. Just let them know you want to do all three tests or just one test, whatever it is, but let them know that you're listening to my radio and you want to take advantage of the twenty one dollars evaluation with doctor Caplan. The number is six four six two two one six seven three eight. The email is info at Caplinbraininbody dot com. If you're interested in purchasing my book, you can get it on Amazon. It's called Boost Your Brain Power, A Guide to Improving your Memory and Focus. If you're interested in our social media, you could go on Facebook it's Caplin Brain and Body. You can go on our YouTube channel. We have over one hundred videos Caplin Brain and Body. We also have TikTok Doctor Eric Kaplan, and we also have Instagram at Kaplan Brain Body, so that way you could get all this information. If you want to hear our past shows, just go on the website of the station and you could go in the archives, put in my name and my show and you can listen to my old shows as well. If you want to learn about our offices in New Jersey, New York, go to my website kaplindc dot com. And if you're interested in virtual visits because you're far away, or you don't have the time, or you can't make it, we are seeing lots of virtual patients as well, so just give us a call six four six two two one six seven three eight so you can function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you just listen to boost your brain power.
Speaker 5: Don'te miss Boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kamplin every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero, or email info at Kaplanbrainandbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplan, or visit kaplandc dot com for more information.
Speaker 1: The preceeding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.