Speaker 1: All right, it's the been in Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. Thanks for hanging out with us. Coming up here in about fifteen minutes or so. We got some Bill Murray stuff for you. And if you're a fan of Bill Murray like we are, I think you're really going to dig this. But before we get into all that, we need to get into something that I'm just gonna go ahead and claim is junk science.
Speaker 2: And here with more is Kevin.
Speaker 3: Christina buckle up. Jurassic Park type situation going on here? Okay, Dallas based company Colossal Biosciences, which I've never heard of, announced today that they've recreated the once extinct dire wolf. Officially, that's what they're saying.
Speaker 4: I think this is the same company as trying to bring back the mammoth as well.
Speaker 3: They're always in the news for the Wooly Mammoth. They do that for ten years. They find a fossil and they're like, we're going to extract some DNA.
Speaker 2: What's a dire wolf?
Speaker 3: So, dire wolf is a wolf that was around a long time ago, but it became more famous recently because it was in Game of Thrones.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was an actual animal. Okay, is it bigger, bigger than the actual wolf?
Speaker 1: Bigger head does Is it one that like a lady can talk to and summon and all the wolves show up like she does with dragons in.
Speaker 2: The fictional world.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, I wouldn't know because they were walking America twelve thousand, five hundred years ago. So if anyone says they think they know about humans interacting with dire wolves, have to calm a liar.
Speaker 2: No one was around back then.
Speaker 4: It's smart to bring them back, really smart.
Speaker 3: This is where I'm thinking we've got a problem because they're claiming that they First of all, when was the Ice Age?
Speaker 2: Okay, now that's mincer right there. I think they played it at the Cotton Bowl Ice Age.
Speaker 1: Well, I just I guarantee you there's humans and dire wolves interacting.
Speaker 2: Why did the dire wolf go away? Cigarettes? Smoking? Smoking?
Speaker 1: Because if you think about where they were, they in, like the Tobacco Road area of the Carolinas and all that two point six million years ago to eleven thousand years ago, the Ice Age.
Speaker 2: If you if you.
Speaker 1: Let dire wolves come back, and you're talking about a giant headed wolf, uh hu, it's just out there. It's not going to be dire wolves that are the problem. It's going to be direwolf owners. Oh my, you know what I mean. Yeah, yeah, yeah, they're peaceful. I would let my baby sit in that dire wolf's mouth.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: But it's the it's the owners who let their dire wolves out that train their dire wolves to be angry, no leash. I would let a dire wolf raise my kids.
Speaker 3: Ben Lamb is the CEO of Colossal Bioscience. He oh, you're thinking Mike Lamb, the third Baseman. This guy has used his company's own technology to be half man, half Lamb.
Speaker 2: Oh man with Lamb. Oh, that's great. Man with Lamb.
Speaker 3: He said, our team took DNA from a thirteen thousand year old tooth and a seventy two thousand year old skull and made healthy dire wolf puppies. They bird three litters. And listen, this is where they have a place for them.
Speaker 2: He's just taking down to the dog park.
Speaker 3: They're at a preserve they had they've employed ten full time animal care staff, and there's a preserve that's enclosed by a ten feet tall zoo grade fence. Okay, this is Jurassic Park. This is all this is. It's very confusing, and they're claiming this without pictures too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course they are.
Speaker 1: What is the dire wolf gonna do when it grows up and realizes it's like there's not a lot of him.
Speaker 2: I think that's where they'll make more, right, are they they have?
Speaker 3: For sure? They mentioned are they mass producing the dire wolf? There's two male, one female.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, a crazy video. It's the type of content I'm interested in.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, So they had they both had litters, and so they're not gonna mate with their brothers and sisters. They're gonna mate with the other litter and then go from there.
Speaker 2: Right, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm hung on bottom with Benn said, So the wolves wolves try not to make dire eye contact at all, but they're both in the mix, untouching one.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't one man wolf just sit back and have a couple of lady wolves come up? That's it even better? Yeah, But the way they did it, why did they do it that way? Kevin?
Speaker 3: I think one of them, the one that that was birth first, was really into the white lotus and got his younger brother.
Speaker 2: That is the most shocking thing in TV history.
Speaker 1: And by the way, White Lotus finale last night thoughts.
Speaker 2: Wonderful, just wonderful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I loved it. I can't really spoil it, you can't say.
Speaker 1: I wait, so is it the end of the season and next next year they're going to like to bed or something because they go to an exotic locale.
Speaker 2: But it's different every year. It's all it's all great, so good.
Speaker 4: They're going away from the ocean this time.
Speaker 2: That's what he said. Yeah, you know, you can't tru Who said that? Really?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 3: He said to HBO cameras, to people who watch the postgame show?
Speaker 2: Okay, the postgame show.
Speaker 1: So to wrap it up, when will dire wolves be walking around Dallas? For with winded people need to be on alert. I think at least a couple of years. But you're gonna have to keep your dire wolf on a leash, right, Yeah, of course, yeah, you can't just let it roam all right.
Speaker 2: There you have it coming up next. Bill Murray's in the news. Why is that? We'll explain momentarily