Speaker 1: This is the TJ Show.
Speaker 2: I'm very excited to introduce you to a new friend of mine, a ninety seven year old man named mister Don.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: I'm looking forward to meeting mister Don.
Speaker 1: So it's funny.
Speaker 2: I've been hearing about mister Don for a couple of years now. My kids started going to this camp during one week at the summer, and they always talk about this guy. Oh, mister Don's so nice. Oh, we got to see mister Don again.
Speaker 1: Oh. I love mister Don.
Speaker 2: My kids don't have like, really passionate feelings about a lot of people in their lives, but they tell me about mister Don. And so fast forward. I just meet mister Don for the first time. There's this older gentleman sitting down. He just had a heart surgery and he's doing great, and he's one of the most energetic people I've ever met.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm like, you're mister Don. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: And I started talking to him and within a minute I was like, oh my goodness, I got to interview this guy.
Speaker 1: And I said, would you mind.
Speaker 2: Doing an interview with me for the show, And he said, sure, I'll do it. So I went home, I got my mic and I sat down with mister Don. He's ninety seven years old. Mister Don, it's very nice to meet you. It's very nice to meet you, so, sir, you're ninety seven years old. Yeah, mister Don. You know, we drop our kids off at this camp, and that's how I met you.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 2: I dropped the kids off to get away from screaming kids, and you seem to go towards the screaming kids.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, well, how do you do it?
Speaker 5: Several ways, but the main way is that I have those kids maybe for what an hour, a couple hours, three hours, but I send them back to their parents. I just love these kids, and I just I'm trying to understand why, what their reason is, what they're thinking. That's why I'm here. That's one of the reasons I'm here. And I love them. I love these kids.
Speaker 2: You know, well, my kids, you know, they talk about you all the time. They think you're the nicest guy on the planet. They always talk about mister Don.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that, but you tell those kids thank you very much. You still babysitting chops. I don't know, okay, I was just asking.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll pick them up if you won't have to watch the kids, drop them right off at the house, hang out with they somehow all behave around, mister dunt.
Speaker 4: That's right, they know they need to.
Speaker 1: You're ninety seven. Do I look like a kid to you? Sure?
Speaker 5: You do.
Speaker 2: When you see somebody in their eighties, do they look like a kid to you, it's a little bit of a harder one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's a hard question. Or do they look like an old guy? No, they don't look like an old guy.
Speaker 2: Then, interesting, somebody in their eighties doesn't look like an old guy to him?
Speaker 4: I mean he's ninety seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it makes sense if you see.
Speaker 2: An eighty five year old lady, does she look like a young spring chicken?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: And no? Maybe looks yes, But in actions and in methods that she does, in what she does with her life, then.
Speaker 1: She can be like a little young person. Yeah. So if you're in your eighties, I mean you're looking fun.
Speaker 3: I wonder if you would be able to accurately guess your age, Like if you asked him, like, would he think you're in your twenties?
Speaker 1: Why do you think he wouldn't know? Well, just because of the gap.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you know, he said, an eighty five year old man doesn't look old to him, So what does a thirty forty year old man look to him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a great question. I had a really nice time hanging out with him. I talked to him for a while. Man, he sounds great. Do you ever notice that sometimes people talk to older people almost like their babies, Like they go over the top, like.
Speaker 1: Yes I do, Yes, I do, and it's wrong. Isn't annoying? It's annoying.
Speaker 5: It's annoying, But I understand, Well, why are they doing that?
Speaker 4: He's very forgiving, he is, because that would be annoyed by that.
Speaker 1: Well, why are they doing that? I don't know?
Speaker 2: Well, can you do an impression of how they talk to you and how you hear it?
Speaker 5: No, they almost talking. I can maybe talk to you. You don't understand what they're saying because you're X number of years older than they are, so you don't know what's going on, or you don't And there's the old fas saying goes you don't think what they're saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like he couldn't possibly understand what is the latest thing that's irritating you?
Speaker 5: People's reaction to each other in a hateful way, a way that is not not loving. It's something that you can get out of. You can change your life around and say what you want to say and not what somebody else might want you to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how many people are hateful because someone else before them or currently in their circle. They are that way, right, And I love what mister don saying. You can break out of that anytime.
Speaker 4: He made me tear up the heart behind it. That's very genuine.
Speaker 5: That's what Jesus taught us. We love one another. And if we love one another, how can we be made or upset with others?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That's powerful. Are pets worth having? Cat? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I thought i'd ask this while I was there with them worth having? Because yeah, our dogs are a lot of work, just pets in general. Yes, definitely.
Speaker 1: What animal is better a cat or a dog? Fifty fifty? I've had both, love them both, sort of an unofficial they're both great.
Speaker 2: I think he's got to feel one way or the other about which one's better dog or cat?
Speaker 4: Oh man, it really is fifty fifty really because they both require a lot of work, okay, and they both give a lot of love.
Speaker 2: Do you still talk about your wife Oh, sure, how long were you married?
Speaker 1: You're not going to have the thick at that sixty five years? You were married for sixty five years. Yeah, you have to love each other.
Speaker 5: You have to respect each other, be aware of each other's once and needs, meet them if you can, and if not, figure you ow way out so that you're not fighting each other or you're not arguing with each other, because that's no good.
Speaker 1: That's no good.
Speaker 2: We very much believe in that, and I do think that's part of the reason why I'm so happy in the marriage that I'm in, and I'm so grateful. But I think my wife knew a lot more about that before me. It's pretty selfish.
Speaker 1: When I married.
Speaker 2: But you know, slowly but truly, you hang around people, they have an influence on you. But it aligns with mister Donn, it's right, sixty five years. What is the nicest thing that people do for you?
Speaker 5: Love me, pay attention to me, will listen to me. Not that I'm right, but at least they will listen. And I as a person who appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Mister Donn, I really appreciate you taking the time to talk to me.
Speaker 5: Well, I really appreciate you Andrews showing me. I hope you got what you want, and I hope that I have answered to the best of my ability. I hope that I said something that's of value to you guys.
Speaker 4: Did he Oh he did, he definitely did.
Speaker 1: Thanks for being so kind to my girls.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Oh yes, I will be kind to every one of them, and the wife too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's such a sweet man. I'm so happy I got to meet him. There was a moment where we were talking about something and then his phone, which I didn't know he had a phone in his pocket, went off and made a ding sound.
Speaker 5: We moved down here because of my wife's job and she was working in aviation Atlantic and I.
Speaker 1: Heard a little ding in your pocket. Do you have a cell phone? Potrich?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a phone that I don't know what it's doing.
Speaker 1: He's getting it out of his pocket.
Speaker 5: Look at that. Oh cool, But my only problem. The only problem is that does things like that and I don't know what it's doing.
Speaker 2: Watch that his phone's attacking him. Okay, leave the man alone. Phone, You me to look at it. Yeah, it looks like, oh, you have a Facebook message? You're on Facebook? Yeah, yeah, I know. I do was on Facebook? You like Mark Zuckerberg? Who Mark Zuckerberg? Huh do you know who that is? No?
Speaker 1: Mark invented facebok book. Oh you invented it? Yeah? Oh okay, No, I didn't know. I'm not familiar at all with that. Somewhat comforting to me, by the way, you got Google on there and everything, right, here's Google. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Can we hear it from mister don so grateful for his time