Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped of.
Speaker 2: Need advice?
Speaker 1: Who you don't have?
Speaker 3: Come?
Speaker 4: Run into sus fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 5: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: No Tom Martino.
Speaker 5: Hello Tom Martino here solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints, making your life a little easier. What can I do for you? I asked that question every day. All you have to do is call three all three seven one three talk three all three seven one three.
Speaker 2: Eight two five five.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the show on the mothership of Bob Logan from plumb Line Services with us today. Plumb Line Services, they are the go to guys for plumbing, heating, cooling, electric and drains and I've been trusting them for I think thirty years or so. My goodness, Bob, welcome to the show. What's shaken in your business today?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 6: Thank you Tom? Yeah.
Speaker 7: This cold weather has really driven the need for people fixing their furnaces, upgrading their furnaces. And then of course between federal rebates and local rebates with excel the amount of money for rebates.
Speaker 2: Kind of rebates. What kind of rebates are we talking about, Bump?
Speaker 7: I mean, if you if you combine all the rebates and excel rebates together, you know, you can get close to ten thousand dollars back on a high end system.
Speaker 6: So for many people who have you know, would normally buy.
Speaker 5: What are some of these rebates? Is it for high efficiency? They want to encourage high efficiency.
Speaker 7: It's all high efficiency and primarily heat pumps. So with the electrification, they're shifting everybody over to heat pumps. And you know, if you want to talk about heat pumps a little bit later, we certainly can. But it's basically just an air you know, an air conditioner and reverse. An air conditioner pulls the heat from your house and throws it outside, and a heat pump pulls that whatever heat is in the air. Even you know, when there's when it's five to five blows zero, there is heat in the air, and the heat pump will pull it out of the air and push it into your house. And so it's basically just working in the opposite direction of an air conditioning system.
Speaker 5: But but but let me ask you something about a heat pump. I was told it's not good for really really frigid weather. Well, yeah, again, are the new ones different nowadays? Are the new ones different. And by the way, our number is three oh three seven one three.
Speaker 3: Talk.
Speaker 2: We're talking about anything you want today, Go ahead, Bob.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the newer technology is fantastic. And again, like I said, you can get you can get blow zero blow zero degrees. There's still heat in the air and it'll find that heat and pull it into the house where years ago that just wasn't possible with the heat pumps.
Speaker 2: Okay, interesting, okay.
Speaker 5: And as far as hybrid systems, do you know many people going for hybrid systems with electric?
Speaker 6: Yes, I have one in my house. A lot of the systems are hybrid systems.
Speaker 5: Now, why did you do that? Why did you do that with some electric? What was your reasoning?
Speaker 7: Well, primarily is because gas is so cheap in Colorado and our electric isn't really cheap. Now, again, the efficiency of these systems over time, supposedly they're going to save us some money. They're certainly better for the environment, and so you have.
Speaker 2: It there just in case.
Speaker 5: Plus if you ever went solar, Bob, the hybrid systems are the bomb.
Speaker 7: Well or heat pumps, because heat pumps work off electricity.
Speaker 5: That's right, that's right, you're right, absolutely, absolutely so when we talk about electric with furnace. We have two different kinds of heating with electric. One is a heat pump and the other is a literally electric heating element within a furn right or.
Speaker 6: Electric based boards. Yes, I mean there's.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, okay, sure, sure, sure, all right, and that's plumb line services servants or service at home, servants at heart.
Speaker 2: I got it right, Bob, got it right, Servants at Heart's.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 2: Can you believe we're talking? Can you know?
Speaker 9: I can't well listen? They they are rioting in Philly. Why do people celebrate by bringing down street lights and lighting cars on fire? For the life of the mark, I don't understand what. I never expected the route.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know the expression they whooped them like they owned them, which is a terrible expression.
Speaker 2: It comes from slavery.
Speaker 5: But you know what I'm saying, it's it's like they truly And the only reason pummeled go ahead, they got pummeled the I I never expected it And the only reason I think Kansas City scored at the end is.
Speaker 2: The Eagles thought what the hell?
Speaker 9: Well, I I mean, I ran on Philly, so I did really good yesterday, and I'm kind of glad it's the end of the era in two ways. One case, he lost Super Bowl Eagles one and two. Taylor Swift got booed like you couldn't believe there, and Trump got just the best ovation ever.
Speaker 5: It's incredible. No, it's uh, it's a new whole world.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 5: But man, that game was not a good game.
Speaker 6: I great, it was not a game.
Speaker 9: I enjoyed it, big Tiger. Yes, it wasn't show up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I know, even if you like a team, don't you want to see a little more of a competition. I mean, really don't, don't you. And I'm not a big football fan, by the way. You know, you never see me really following or talking about it. I'm not that you know, that's just not me. But I love the Super Bowl and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Of course, it's.
Speaker 5: Still though amate way to me.
Speaker 9: I'm looking at these videos in Philadelphia. I just can't believe they literally set cars on fire.
Speaker 5: I don't even get it. Yeah, I don't know. That's part that thinks mar No, No, it happens all over.
Speaker 7: Come on, I don't know, spience, I don't When the Avalanche won the Cup, I'm pretty sure we had the same scene here when.
Speaker 5: I think anywhere, I think people just get out of hand. I just think that I think Philly is a little worse than most.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: By the way, twenty twenty four and what looks to be a good part of twenty twenty five coming is not the best year to be in the restaurant business.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: Everyone thought COVID was the worst thing. But after COVID and when you were hit by inflation, people did not see the value. Now, I just want to give an honest disclaimer here. I love eating out, and I guess with just two of us, you know, and and and my kids live with their mom, so I excuse me. My one daughter lives on her own, and then my other kid lives with mom. So Steph and I are on our own basically. And I don't I don't, Mark, do you ensues cook for yourselves a lot? Not a lot? Yeah, So we like going out or ordering and but but restaurants are having a tough time now. Hundreds hundreds, not dozens, hundreds of locations are being shut down by chains. Wendy's tops the list. Wendy's. Now, I actually can probably count on two hands the number of times I've been in a Wendy's restaurant in my life. Now it's not because it's bad, but you know, I don't know anyway, Wendy, does that surprise you? Wendy's restaurants McDonald's had.
Speaker 2: They didn't have a great quarter. I just saw their earnings.
Speaker 9: They didn't do very well, you know, a year over year, which is kind of crazy for McDonald's.
Speaker 5: But not on the list of hundreds. But this is another one that does not surprise me. Now, Wendy's, I don't know. But Denny's. I thought Denny's were going a while ago. You know Denny's. You know the place Denny's. It's like, in order to work there, you have to have a stained apron, piercings and tattoos and missing requirement. That would help. That helps if you're a supervisor. But they but the stained aprons are absolute or whatever you call it. They're aprons. They are definitely a requirement. And Denny's hundreds, Now the shake Shack, I thought that was a really popular place. Hundreds being shut down. We got more coming up. I'm Tom Martine, what do you think should be shut down?
Speaker 2: That's what I want to know.
Speaker 5: And then I don't know if people have been following or if they care locally. But the saga of wash Park grow and I don't know what what are you talking about? The saga well closed, open closed, open sales, tax and other issues. And it was a good local spot. People loved it. It's over on U. I believe it's Skylord anyway. So it is just troubled, troubled, troubled, and and so if you're look at if you go out to eat a lot, these things matter. What do you think should be shut down? Because I think there are some restaurants that don't deserve to be opened. I don't even get waffle house. I mean, I don't want to come on, I'm a waffle house man. Waffle House is synonymous with alcoholics and drug addicts and Rockstone my wrong and Rockstone anyway we got after you hang out, it's not er. I'm not aran at all. I used to like village ins, but they're just you sit somewhere way up high to look down on people when you eat. Oh I try, I try, and you got more real three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing. Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, what is going on in your life? How can we help you? Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So continue on the list of restaurants going We're hundreds and hundreds going by by. So we got Wendy's, Dicky's Barbecue, Denny's Shake Shack, and one that I'm sad although they don't have the greatest ingredients the chickens find, but they have a lot of seed oils and all that crap. But I love KFC, God, I love it. Anyway, they're going a lot of them are going by by. Noodles in Company, Buco di pep Beppo, Hooters, Uh Hooters closing hundreds of restaurants, which means double that will be out of work. We have so much to talk about. Give us a call three oh three, seven to one three talk Bob Logan. I any question for you? Do they make electric water heaters? They said, uh, they're thinking about solar, and I know they make electric water. They make electric water heaters and replace right' that's correct. Just can you have a hybrid water heater?
Speaker 9: By the way, I don't know the answer to that question. I believe they do have hygri quick recovery, but uh, yeah, I'll have to check on that. But they do have electric water heaters. I know that for sure.
Speaker 5: You know, I have been a bugaboo about health over the years, and I always worried about germs, and I talk about water and the reason for great water and drinking water and oh just everything in the house, right, even like the karpas when I talk about zero bras and keeping your air quality clean. But what I didn't realize is how dirty around the office?
Speaker 2: Like do you know.
Speaker 5: That they're saying that many of the viruses and bacteria, infections and all that are spread by keyboards.
Speaker 2: You know, I never really thought of that.
Speaker 5: I've never sat down at the station or here, well at home, it's my own computer, right, but has any Bob when you sit down or Mark, when you ever sat down? Sus, do you clean the keyboard? Do you ever think about it? Never keyboards?
Speaker 2: Kelly? Generally I don't either.
Speaker 5: No, man, it's it's the number one passage of germs and then the mouse and the keypad. And okay, they say laptops in general, but I don't understand that because if it's your own laptop, nobody's using it.
Speaker 2: What differences to me?
Speaker 5: And they say, basically, you should never use a desk phone. You're taking like life in your own hands when you when you use a desk phone, does anyone use I don't want one for the next four hours.
Speaker 9: Tom, thank you, you're showing your don't you use a headset?
Speaker 3: Us?
Speaker 2: You won't get the germ?
Speaker 5: But Bob, don't you guys? Yeah, Bob, you guys all have phones.
Speaker 7: I mean, you don't have a single desk phone. Out of two hundred and fifty employees, we don't have a single desk phone.
Speaker 5: Okay, what do you do? You use computers and headsets? Yes, so they're all IP based.
Speaker 7: Correct, and everybody has their own own headsets, so they don't get past.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, all right, so I will take the Biden uh insult on that one. Uh you know you are still use the fax machine, Bob.
Speaker 7: You know, surprisingly some of the insurance companies who work with require us to facts.
Speaker 6: They will not allow.
Speaker 9: Emails between don't understand it between that and the Fortune five hundred companies?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, between that.
Speaker 9: In doctors' offices and the US government, it is strange.
Speaker 5: Who only will do faxes?
Speaker 2: Why are doctors.
Speaker 5: So hell bent on on faxes? I have no clue. Okay, the desk in general or desks bad news. And then this is something everyone should figure out. If you have a copier in the office, that's that's shared, and you should use your computer to feed the copier if you can, as opposed to use the keypad office chairs. And I don't want to get into why because never mind, but they say, uh, never mind anyway, doorknobs. I would think door knobs would be number one. Pens. I never use a pen from anyone else never ever?
Speaker 2: Ever?
Speaker 5: Do you use pens? Like when I go to a store, I go somewhere, they want me to use a pen. I don't use a pen. I use my pen. Why would you use a pen in a store.
Speaker 6: So he can write his check?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, every once in a while. No, No, every once in a while when they want you to sign something. There are places that still bring you a pen in the thing to fill out your your ticket. I like Apple pay man, and they call it Apple pay it's actually whatever you can have.
Speaker 9: I just can't allow this to go over. When is the last time I literally had to use a pen in a store.
Speaker 2: I can't even a restaurant.
Speaker 5: Okay, I used a pen about a week and a half ago when I went to a restaurant and they bring the check, they ran your credit card, they bring the check, and you put down the tip and sign it.
Speaker 9: God man, generally it's always those tablets now. But yeah, I guess you're right.
Speaker 5: More I wish I wish it was. I like when they come to the uh, when they come to the table with that thing and they hand it to you.
Speaker 2: Do you tell less if you've got to do all that?
Speaker 6: No, I tip the same. I find it.
Speaker 9: Crazy if you go to a restaurant and basically you sit down, you order yourself from a tablet, and then the food comes out. You might see the waitress I'm thinking of Olive Garden for example. You sit down, you order yourself, someone brings you your soup or your salad, and then pretty much you pay yourself. And it's crazy. I mean, who the hell am I supposed to tip myself? Years ago, there was a burger.
Speaker 7: Place in the mall that you picked up the phone in the booth, same same concept in order to Yeah, there's a menu at the table and you would sit down and then you'd pick up the phone and order everything you wanted on the menu, and then it was just delivered to you.
Speaker 2: And you never there was no one serving you.
Speaker 7: Just the person who delivered the food. But no, not what you know, I don't recall. This is years ago around the corner you said it was called Is that what it was?
Speaker 5: By the way, Shannon YouTube Morons, one of the YouTube mourons says, grocery carts. Man, they oh god, that's another thing. You got to carry wipes with you. That's all there is to it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, see, I think the problem with that, and we learned that with kids during COVID is. I mean, it's horrible on your immunity. If you're just constantly basically you're just killing your immunity, don't you. Well you know that, of course you know that.
Speaker 5: Well, I think someone Now I'm getting a text here, Mark, and I went back and actually found it.
Speaker 2: Somebody said, do you have an update?
Speaker 5: Tom? You often give updates, but do you have an update on the woman who had snakes in her wall? Do you remember that? So I looked it up. Amber bought her first home six weeks ago. Now this was back in May of last well, no, no, May of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 9: That call actually ended up after she called into the show. It ended up on I think nine or Fox a local too. It was a bad deal known, they cut some holes and blah blah blah that ever happened with you on No. Brad O'Brien says she needs to gather evidence because if it was known, that should have been disclosed.
Speaker 5: How SCARYO that. I don't thousands of snakes, I mean, but but I love our record keeping. May fifth, twenty twenty three, Amber called, I don't know what happened. We told her to go after the seller. Yeah, but she had to gather evidence that.
Speaker 9: But I'm the disclosure I'm the disclosure sheet. If I recall it says, has there been any infestations? And it's obvious there was no way. No one didn't know that. There's no way.
Speaker 5: Isn't that icky? I mean snakes in the wall. Gollye anyway? Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. You know, Okay, So I'm getting suggestions I got to go back to because I asked for them. On restaurants people would want to see closed. But I want to tell you about Frank durand the real estate Man dot com. Right now, in real estate prices are still pretty good, you know. Interest rates have you know, are moderate right now people are getting used to them. If you want to know what your house will sell for, he'll do a complete analysis, detailed analysis, free of charge complimentary three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Frank Duran, the real Estateman dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the only show of us kind anywhere. We're talking to Bob Logan plumb Line Services. I asked people about restaurants they think should be closed.
Speaker 2: Chili's came up more than one person.
Speaker 5: I remember when the kids we like Chili's, man, I like chili And what about Applebee's.
Speaker 9: They used to haveish free stuff for kids, like on if you brought your kids to apple Bee's, like on Tuesday, they'd eat free. Remember a black eyed pea? We went into the one in Castle Rock. They used to have the Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, what happened was the national company went out and then locally a guy tried to keep the black eyed peas alive. And you tried to do a.
Speaker 2: Pretty that's okay.
Speaker 5: That was on this list. What about TGI Fridays and one of those forever there used to be one by parking, You said, red Lobster. What about Boston Market. Now, they had pretty good chicken. We had an.
Speaker 9: Employee whose wife worked at AH in corporate years ago. There was a period of time and they were on top of the chicken game for sure.
Speaker 7: Well when they just did chicken. When they're Boston Chicken, they're the fastest growing franchise in history.
Speaker 5: That's crazy. And then then they went stupid.
Speaker 7: And they decided to be Boston Market and do turkey and meat loaf.
Speaker 9: And have you ever been, either of you ever been to Sam's Number three down by the theaters. Yes, I have never seen a more robust menu, and I don't think I like it.
Speaker 5: I mean they have now when you say down near the theaters, mark, what are you talking?
Speaker 2: What are you talking about the theaters?
Speaker 5: I like the bule.
Speaker 9: You can walk up and there's a Sam's number three right there is, And there's a Sam's over off lead Stale. I think, yeah that, but yeah there was on Cherry on Cherry. Do you think of menus like that where you can get Italian?
Speaker 5: I love it? You like those. I love Sam's Massive, I love Sam's. I don't recall Italian on Sam's, but Sam's. I love farm no matter what number it is Sam's on Cherry. I go there, Stephanie and I go there. I like it, I like and I often wonder you want to talk about a menu?
Speaker 2: For God's sakes, do you remember what?
Speaker 5: Was it the cheesecake factory or the spaghetti or were those ones where there's a book?
Speaker 9: I mean, we still like and I will hit cheesecake usually when we're out of town, because they're everywhere.
Speaker 5: They're not bad. I mean it's like, it's okay, no, no, isn't that where they hand you They almost hand you like a whole frickin' book. It's pretty big. It's a menu, oh man. And then you wonder how do they train people for that?
Speaker 2: Phil? Go ahead, what's happening with you? Phil?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 4: Tom?
Speaker 3: Are you turning into Hollie Mondale? Germs everywhere?
Speaker 5: There's germs everywhere, Cowie Mondel, Yes, he's OCD Howie.
Speaker 2: It's Howie Mandel.
Speaker 5: And I'm more like our hues right now? You know? Now, Phil, do you worry about seriously? I'm not a germophobe. I'm really not. I mean, even during COVID when people were going crazy. Now I use common sense. But are you what do you do you care about germs. Of course you must a little, right, not too much.
Speaker 3: I'm more worried, okay, cod.
Speaker 5: Now, I I agree with Mark that you have to let your immune system have microdoses of everything, and you can't just always sanitize everything because it will hurt you.
Speaker 2: And I do agree with that.
Speaker 5: I believe that many people keep their kids in a bubble and that hurts the kids over the long run. But what here's the bottom line. There are a lot of There is a lot of crap out there. I mean, there really is a lot of garbage out there. People are filthy. I can't tell you how many times I've been in a restaurant in the restroom and watched employees come and not wash their hands.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen that, you know?
Speaker 5: I mean they had the smock on or whatever they call it, and you can tell they're an employee and they come in and then they go out and they didn't wash their hands. Now I've seen them. I've seen a lot of people do that. So I have a trivia question, not a trivia question, what would you do question?
Speaker 2: Because this happened to me.
Speaker 5: I was at a TV station and I was going for an interview, and I went to the restroom before stopping into the newsroom and checking in to be interviewed. While I was in the restroom, I hear a guy in the stall blah blah blah. Okay, So then I I'm using the urinal. He comes out and leaves and didn't wash his hands. He didn't notice me. I'm in the urnal and I'm trying to stay private.
Speaker 9: You're lying, you know why. I know what you're talking about. And it wasn't at the station. It was at a restaurant. It was yep, and I know exactly who it was, and I well, it was so disgusted.
Speaker 5: You might have a you might have a similar story that I told, but this one was the news director.
Speaker 2: And I remember it because it was in Tampa.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. And I come out of the bath I come out of the bed. So I come out of the bathroom and go to the newsroom. The guy that was just in there using the dumper and comes out. He was the guy that left out. Then he walks up to me and extends his hand to shake his hand, and I shook his hand. Okay, I'm gonna be honest with you, because you know, I don't know. I just you know here. Well, I didn't touch anything. I kept the hand in my pocket. But what were you talking about? Mark?
Speaker 2: Which one?
Speaker 6: Where you're going?
Speaker 9: So you and I and someone else, I will just say that was or is in radio. We're at a restaurant and we came out, all three of us ended up in the bathroom at one time, and I got out of there first. And then when you came out, you said, I can't believe it. He was in the stall, came out, did not wash his hands at all. And then we were all sitting ready to leave, to go get into our cars, and we said goodbye, and he put his hand out to shake your hand.
Speaker 5: And I know I would never say who it was, but I was disgusted. Man, it's amazing how many people wash hands. Now I want you and I swear to God there will be people. If you're really.
Speaker 2: Honest, you're going to admit this.
Speaker 5: The way they determine if they wash their hands is if someone else is in the restroom. Am I lying? Or am I dying?
Speaker 2: Is that the truth?
Speaker 5: They look around, if someone's watching him, they'll wash their hands.
Speaker 2: If not, they leave.
Speaker 5: And yeah, but no wondering, how do you know that is that just you just guessing.
Speaker 9: I mean, how would you know if if there's no one in there with them?
Speaker 5: Holy crap, I just gave myself away.
Speaker 6: He just told on himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the only person, all right.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, No, no, I just you did just give yourself up.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 5: I know it because I walk in and I can see people contemplating.
Speaker 9: Now you're trying to nab me. I'm a very sanitary pro. By the way, Sam's number three. Their menu You ready for this? Sixteen pages? You name it, they have it. That is the most remarkable menu I've ever heard of. Chef Ramsey would hate that, Yeah, exactly, Chef Ramsey says, keep it.
Speaker 2: Simple, sixteen page, Bob, it's insane. Okay. We have a question about water heaters.
Speaker 5: This is a really good one, so hang on and we'll talk about that coming up, because people, this isn't a I had the same question about why the water is hotter in the summer and you don't touch the water heater and your house is heated. But we'll talk about that in more coming up. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three two five to five. Compass Insurance Group Free insurance Checkups and this is really free and it's true. If you want to know, will it work for you? Are you paying too much? Paying too little? They'll tell you three oh three nine nine six nine thou go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. John has a comment on uh germs, Go ahead, John, what's happening?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Uh over sixty diabetic smoker work, the entire pandemic work and garbage. And I never got COVID.
Speaker 2: Once, doney, What do you attribute that to?
Speaker 4: Immune system?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But what?
Speaker 5: But but what did you do to help your immune system? Or is it just God given? Because some people have good genes and truly they're blessed with them. And you know, I think in health, I think eighty to ninety percent. Well, I would say eighty percent is what you're dealt at birth and the rest you can manipulate.
Speaker 4: Well, one unfortunate I was born, I had cancer, survived that, and I'm still standing. I guess good genes, I guess I don't know that chicken soup.
Speaker 2: Okay, how is your overall health.
Speaker 13: Diabetic?
Speaker 5: And I mean like other than that I met, I met other than that, How are you managing all that?
Speaker 4: Well, my job is physical, twelve hours a day. I do just fine, one day at a time.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, you know what I think. There were some people, and thank you for your call. There were some people. I mean, there are some people that got COVID just looking at somebody. Then there's others that they couldn't get COVID if they tried. I don't even understand it. Well the other now there are other people.
Speaker 9: The other thing with COVID that was remarkable is how it would affect different people. Some people might be sick, deathly sick in the hospital, and other people you know, they had the sniffles.
Speaker 5: I mean it's really crazy. Yeah. Now I never got COVID and don't know why. But I will say this. I'm not going to be sitting here bragging about health, because anything can happen to anybody. But I will say this overall, that my family history is really good, thank goodness. But I will tell you that there are some people and is it family history or not? You know, people that live like crap. I mean like crap, but their blood work is normal and they have great physicals and they.
Speaker 2: Don't do anything.
Speaker 5: I don't get that part. I mean, is that all heredity do you think? I mean, there are people that are just crazy, un let's say, unhealthy living, but you can't tell by their blood work or by themselves.
Speaker 2: You can't tell.
Speaker 5: Now people are talking about things that are not clean. What about escalators? Hot tubs? Now, hot tubs though, like at a gym, if they're done right that chlorine and everything, You're not gonna get germs in a hot tub. What about a gas pump? You know, I don't know what do you think about gas pumps? I never even thought of gas pumps as being unhealthy. Somebody else wants to chime in and say that they would never ever ever touch a doorknob anywhere, no matter where they are.
Speaker 2: And I get it.
Speaker 5: Everybody touches doorknobs, right, you know what would be the most clever way, Like like, you can't walk around spraying everything, But what is.
Speaker 2: A clever way to stay healthy?
Speaker 10: Tom?
Speaker 2: Like touching things?
Speaker 5: Tom? Don't touch it? Yes, that's it.
Speaker 2: Just don't touch your pick.
Speaker 5: Your nose, don't touch your face. Oh, I get it, years ago. I get it. Rarely get sick.
Speaker 2: You know what, You're right?
Speaker 5: Rather than worrying about your hand, you say, look, you know, it's not the hand that makes me sick. It's when the hand goes to the mouth or nose or eyes or whatever. Right is that?
Speaker 2: Which you know?
Speaker 5: That's a good point. The other thing, that's a really good point.
Speaker 9: The other thing I'll say is we never get the flu ever, and we get the flu shot every year.
Speaker 5: That is one thing Susanne and I do. And I can't remember the last time either of.
Speaker 6: Us ever had the flu.
Speaker 5: You do get the flu shot.
Speaker 2: Every year forever. I don't even remember not getting it.
Speaker 5: I get the high dose because of the senior thing. I get the high dose of flu shot. But I I don't get the COVID part of it, and I'll do you Ella all right, We got more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. And I do have some questions here for Bob about heaters. I gotta get to a water heaters. I'm Tom MARTINOZ stick around, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ripped news advice.
Speaker 14: You don't have.
Speaker 9: Come run in.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 5: Man Dix, he is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: No Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five Let me bring in our studio here. We got Mark Major, Mark Major, We got Bob Logan from Plumbline Services. Deputy bows in there and uh I'm at the remote studio, the bat Cave, so to speak. Welcome people. Let's talk about making your life a little easier. Waterpros dot net. They're doing a whole water system for softening and treatment and reverse osmosis filter. I mean, I never saw a price like this ever, thirty one ninety five for Valentine's Day special waterpros dot net three O three eight six two five five five four. That's what they specialize in and do. And you can do both systems which are normally thousands on for thirty one ninety five for both whole house protection three oh three.
Speaker 2: So that's by the way.
Speaker 5: Water pros eight six two three oh three eight six two five five five four waterpros dot net. Hey, welcome, and speaking of water, Bob is with us from plumb Line Services and Tom's gott wants to talk about something with Advent Health, and then we're going to talk about water heaters. Bob, I have some very interesting questions on water heaters. Tom, you first, welcome to the show. Everyone who calls gets priority three three seven to one three talk seven one three two five five Go ahead, sir, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Well, Hi Tom, thanks for taking my call. Here's what's going on. I have to sign a contract with AdvV Health to see my doctor, and the contract has a thing about my own personal property where they claim I need to give them my stuff for safe keeping while I'm in there keeping and if I don't then there now.
Speaker 2: Now, can you tell me?
Speaker 5: Can you tell me what you're talking about, like your rings and glasses and hearing aids. Is that what you're talking about?
Speaker 3: It says personal property and valuable, So I guess, yeah, anything which would include myself.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I've done that before when I went in for surgery for my back, though my wife just took everything. I didn't leave anything of value except my cell phone. But what particularly are you concerned about?
Speaker 3: I say, they're limiting their liability to one hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: I understand.
Speaker 5: But what is it that you have on you that you will put in that little plastic bag?
Speaker 3: Oh well, you know that's I wouldn't have anything. I'd have everything that I came in with because I don't have a wife and I don't have a friend to go with me, so I'm all alone.
Speaker 5: Ah, okay, so give me an idea of what you have. You have your cell phone, your keys, what else?
Speaker 3: One time, when I was doing hospital stayed not long ago, I had to take in my seat pat machine for breathing. That's ah, and that's yeah, more than one hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: So now what will you be doing? Surgery? Oh?
Speaker 3: This? Yeah, this was surgery?
Speaker 5: And was anything missing?
Speaker 3: No, nothing's missing. Everything went well, Hey, it's just that this is a new contract.
Speaker 5: No, No, you bring up a good point. No, you bring up a good point. I mean you really do. I never actually looked at that disclosure because I mean I imagine. But but who in their right mind would go to surgery with anything valuable? I mean you say you don't have a wife. You had to have someone to come with you to pick you up, right, I mean right, Tom?
Speaker 3: No, I used to concier service.
Speaker 5: Okay, got it. So why wouldn't you just leave take nothing with you? Curious?
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to challenge you.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, why wouldn't you just take your phone?
Speaker 2: That's it?
Speaker 3: Well, that's enough, No, I get it.
Speaker 5: That's worth more than one hundred bucks. But certainly it's not something that people steal a lot anymore with all the protections on it. What were you concerned about particularly? I'm just curious. You do bring up a good point. People shouldn't bring stuff with him. You bring up a good point. So so I want to know in your case, though, what were you concerned about.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm concerned about losing my stuff, for being damaged to whatever.
Speaker 5: Can you give me an idea of what stuff? I'm just curious.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, okay, You're asking good questions. And and again I'm going to go back to my cell phone as being one and I'm gonna.
Speaker 5: Go, Okay, I get you there, that one, I get you, I get you.
Speaker 3: Nobody would want to steal this pap machine, I don't guess, although you never know what's going on and who might want to try to take it over to the pawnshop.
Speaker 5: And so I doubt anyone would say that has to be by prescription, So I doubt it.
Speaker 2: So what else do you have? Jewelry?
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't take any jewelry with me. Now in the winter time, sometimes I'll wear a leather coat that's you know, it's used now, so it's barely one hundred dollars, but still.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 2: Hey, have you ever brought this up to them? What do they say?
Speaker 3: You know, I've been working with them, I've been trying to get resolved, and their customer representatives are kind of running me in circle saying I need to get an exception to their legal department. Did they say they filed it through their legal But I've heard nothing, And I keep waiting and keep waiting and keep waiting.
Speaker 5: You're not going to get You're not going to get let's just be straight. You're not going to get any kind of You're not going to get an exception.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 9: You know, hey, you just just real quick, guys, this is amazing. People steal SEATPAP machines right and left. Man, Yeah, I did. Dare to google it for the hell of it. They're pretty sought after, really, Like here's an example. A couple stole a seapap machine from Advance Home Care stores and then they sell them on Craigslist.
Speaker 5: A branch manager of.
Speaker 9: Opera Healthcare stole SEAPAP machines for four years and sold them under an alias. I mean, it's unbelievable, It's crazy. How much are those things? I mean, are they like a thousand bucks or what.
Speaker 3: You're asking me? I remember back, I think it was a couple of thousand dollars mark.
Speaker 5: They're about twelve to fourteen hundred. They're about twelve to fourteen hundred. That's amazing, I mean amazing.
Speaker 9: And it says it's illegal to sell them period without a license from a medical equipment reseller.
Speaker 5: So I mean, I know, well, it's a prescription. It's a prescription.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's nuts. I mean, people, just so you guys know, they're stolen all the time.
Speaker 5: I did not realize that way. Who the hell would have so anyway, yeah, they can have mine. Who'd have sunk?
Speaker 6: I'll give it to them.
Speaker 5: Hey, you know what, bob do you? Bob, sir? Do you have one? I?
Speaker 7: I do only because I adore and love my wife and I do snore, and so it keeps me from snoring.
Speaker 6: I can't stand that. By the way, I haven't slept in five years.
Speaker 5: Isn't there an operation? You call them?
Speaker 2: Because you're not heavy? I mean, you're in.
Speaker 9: Perfect weight basically, so it's it's kind of weird you snore at all.
Speaker 7: I have apparently what they call central sleep app Yet it's not obstructive.
Speaker 6: Objective is people who are right.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, it's part of the nervous. It's part of the nervous.
Speaker 6: Stop breathing.
Speaker 5: Wow, I call that. I call that the sea crap machine because I did a sleep study once. But that's when I was two twenty five years ago and I got a sea crap machine. I felt like an astronaut going to bed. I mean, you know who, Darth Vader, Honey, I want to get lucky. I mean it was terraback. Then you just wore suspenders. I remember when you were heavy, years and years ago. So the seapat machine never worked. I'll tell you what did work for me for a while, and they stopped doing it. It was a dental thing and they advertised with U S Mark and they did a dental appliance that moved part of your jaw a little and it kept me from the startle awake and all that now I learned. Now now you know, cisy Ah, No, No, that was for storing, but it's essentially the same thing. You're right, Mark, here's the thing though, that really worked, but they stopped doing it because of all the lawsuits and the lawsuits had to do with people's teeth exactly, that's exactly right. And so there were a lot of lawsuits and they stopped doing it, and I was disappointed because I loved it, and they said it was causing TMJ and other stuff.
Speaker 2: So bottom line is.
Speaker 5: It is the kind of thing that that really worked but had some side effects. So then what I did was just lost forty five pounds, and then you know, then more than that, so it never came back.
Speaker 2: Now, every once in a while, Bob.
Speaker 8: With.
Speaker 5: Times maybe it's it's incorporated into almost a nightmare and you go, oh, like that when you wake up? Do you ever startle awake? That is a sure sign you have. It's snoring as another sign, But mine was I narrowed it down to when I'm sleep sleeping flat on my back, So I turn on my back and just and sleep. But if I go on my side or elevate. You know, we now bought adjustable beds and I love those, by the way, and you.
Speaker 2: Elevate just a little, do you guys? Do you that can help too?
Speaker 9: The one you bought you have is it one mattress or two mattresses?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: The one I have here is two mattresses. The one I have at Steps is one mattress. So obviously the one mattress is not as convenient because.
Speaker 9: We've got to have a mattress, right, you know. To me, it was just kind of a novelty. I mean, the bed vibrates and it goes up and down and all that. But I swear I can't. I think Suzanne uses it more than anything when she's putting the sheets on.
Speaker 5: Truly, But elevating, elevating your head a little work is really good for you. And also elevating your feet just a tiny bit, but your head, and what that does is makes a nice pocket. Plus it gives you the proper circulation. I mean, there really are a lot of health benefits. Uh three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Now we have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Stay tuned and I will talk. I promise I'm gonna get to those water heater things.
Speaker 2: Questions.
Speaker 5: Kinage Home Solutions for siding windows doorn More Canage has what you're looking for, A local company sixty five years strong. I've done business with him the entire time I've been in Colorado.
Speaker 2: Three oh three four to one seventy one.
Speaker 5: Hundred go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martine. Hey guys, so I turned the main light on. How does it look? Is it better with just the one light or the two? And don't say anything smart Mark, like you always look better with less light?
Speaker 2: Okay? Bob Logan water heaters? Hey Mark?
Speaker 6: Was that Mark?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 5: So, water heaters, let's talk about them.
Speaker 6: Let's talk water heaters.
Speaker 2: Why somebody asked me this?
Speaker 5: Okay, they have a high recovery water heater, and they said, without touching the controls in the summer and fall, they have all the hot water they can use quick recovery. They fill up that hot tub and it's steaming hot. But when they turn it on the same position in the winter, it doesn't get as hot. They have to turn it all the way up and they run out of hot water before the tub is filled. So what gives bro What gives so A.
Speaker 7: Couple of things there. So the water heater, whether you have a high recovery of standard tank for example, it's a it's storing water at a certain temperature so that during the winter, typically the inside of your house gets a little bit cooler and uh over the overnight. And so you're okay, between the water heater and the fixtures, that water is colder during the winter than it would be in the summer.
Speaker 5: Now if they're and I get it, and the water coming into the house is colder as well.
Speaker 7: Correct, the ground water is colder, so the water coming into the house. So sometimes with especially the older tankless units, the newer tankless water heaters, if.
Speaker 5: You're not tankless, Bob, high recovery water.
Speaker 7: Heaters, I know, it doesn't matter what they are. The groundwater can affect them, and the water that's static in between the water heater and the fixtures is just colder.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now I'm not saying, by the way that I'm complaining, but you know, I have a high recovery water heater, and so I went downstairs to turn it up, and when I went downstairs, I noticed it was up all the way.
Speaker 2: Now, like I.
Speaker 5: Said, three seasons, three and a half seasons of the year, it's perfect. But then there's a there's a time like now, like last night. You know, we when we were filling up the tub, it's a quarter or a half. Usually we get all the hot water can use. But you're saying that this is a natural thing because everything else is colder, so it's working harder.
Speaker 6: That's correct.
Speaker 7: And when you say we were filling up the tub, can you explain yourself?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Mark and I Mark and I No, I'm just keep no. If we were just it was last night, so so it was just a tub and at home.
Speaker 6: It's it's just that time of year. Is okay, you're working harder.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not saying I want this. I'm not saying I want this, but I want to ask something. Is it Do they come in different sizes for example, like bt us. Now I don't mean different sizes the amount of gallons, but like if you have like I think we have a big one, right, and you guys put it in so that galloon age could you have gotten if it's a gas heater, do they come bigger?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm asking?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Does the heater get bigger? Can you get a bigger heater?
Speaker 6: Well, well you can. It's a bigger capacity. Like but you said not gallons like not a seventy five gallon or fifty five?
Speaker 2: No, no, we I think you put in you guys put in a big.
Speaker 7: Recovery, right, which which will give you up to two hundred and seventy gallons of hot water the first hour.
Speaker 10: That's what it is.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So but the heater is the heater is the heater. They don't have different heaters for those. If it's fifty five gallons, it's then you get a certain.
Speaker 6: B to you, right, if I'm following you, that's correct?
Speaker 8: Yes, okay.
Speaker 5: Now do constant flow heaters have the same challenges?
Speaker 6: Meaning like tankless what?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what other people call tankless or the the other word is instant?
Speaker 7: Yeah, now instant, Now that that's a misconception. Tankless water heaters don't get I know, I know, but I know it's it's constant tenuous, yeah, continuous hot water. And and yes, because again when that when when when the water starts flowing, it turns on the heat exchanger and it's it's cooling the water from the water that's coming outside of the ground, so it's working harder in the winter than it is during the summer.
Speaker 5: Okay, So you could get a bigger not instant, the constant flow, then that could help.
Speaker 7: I mean, because those they have different sizes and they do also again some of them have side arms or tanks.
Speaker 6: That go with them.
Speaker 5: So yeah, there's now if if I wanted you to install one of those, and I hit you up here on the show, I'm going to get a special. Now, I'm just kidding. So if I want you to install one of those, do you have to take out and this may sound like a crazy question, do you have to take out the one I had? Or can you?
Speaker 2: Can you piggyback? Then?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Is that stupid to ask? I mean, do you piggyback them? Ever?
Speaker 8: You you could?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we do it with tanks as well. Sometimes people have two tanks. But I'm not sure what the I'm just.
Speaker 2: Thinking, Unjo.
Speaker 5: Well, here's what I'm thinking it's almost like a waste to get rid of it. And maybe it works less. I don't know, maybe I'm speaking out of turn. Maybe you just take it out of it.
Speaker 9: I mean I get with it's certainly a possible, but that it's been a while since we put that one in for you, it might be time to replace it anyway.
Speaker 2: Oh it's not that old, Bob. I mean, these things are really And here's.
Speaker 7: The thing to remember. Oh it's a great quality, it's it's one of the best. But here's here's the thing too, So think of you know, most people, most homes have just a standard forty gallon and fifty gallon tank. As time goes on, because of the sediment in the water, okay, sediment will start to rest on the bottom. That's why it's important too. That's why you have the drain on the bottom of the water heater. You should drain them every six months or at least once a year to get that sediment out. Yeah, because as that sediment fills up, that fifty gallon now goes to a forty gallon and then a third and yeah, it just reduces it. So over time you don't get as much hot water as you did in the past, and that that happens.
Speaker 6: All that's interesting tanks.
Speaker 5: So you guys, if I called for a service, you can flush it, right, isn't Don't you do a flush?
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, we can. We can flush water heaters. It's it's one of the services. And then check it correct now if you haven't done it since you've owned it. And this is all your listeners. For example, if your water heaters say eight years old and you've never flushed it, there's got a risk when you open that valve that you cannot get it closed again.
Speaker 5: Because that well, we have a drain down there. But how much does that cost for a water heater service?
Speaker 2: Basically?
Speaker 7: Oh boy, you know we we do. We do specials occasionally on that. But I think it's one forty nine for a flesh and fill.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, I'm gonna I'm definitely doing that because I had never done it.
Speaker 2: So we have particularly hard water too.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you what I mean for all of your for all your listeners right now, and well, let me make sure we don't have a special. But I'll come up with the if they want to do a flesh and fill, I'll run I think it's a good idea.
Speaker 5: I first of all, I never realized now I guess I did, but that you would want to do that regularly. And Bob, it's probably been what ten years almost?
Speaker 6: I'm thinking it's been at least ten years?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because uh, you were good looking at the time and you didn't have gray hair.
Speaker 6: So how's much more of anyway?
Speaker 5: Three O three seven seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. CMG Financial is a mortgage company. Why don't you call John? They're really good people, and they do reverse loans, they do conventional loans, and they do the all in one loan, which is a thirty year line of credit. CMG, they're good people. Mark, you said the websites up and running now, and I need to write that down.
Speaker 2: What's the new website?
Speaker 5: You remember? Partner in Lending Partner in Lending dot com. That's pretty cool. That has Mark written all over it. Did you come up with that url? Of course you did. And by the way, CMG three oh three five seven seven seventy two oh six.
Speaker 2: Partner in Lending dot com.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two entered today. Hey, I'm Tom Martino. You're a troubleshooter. So when we're off the air, they all make fun of me, right they try. They even make fun of me on the air about like Joe Biden and all the age jokes. Right, So I just realized my YouTube morons can hear the offline stuff. So you are all unnotice that you will be part of my lawsuit on age discrimination and harassment.
Speaker 2: Against Mark and Uh Shannon and Dragon.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna leave Sus out of it because she doesn't partake.
Speaker 13: You know the thing.
Speaker 9: In fact, I think Sus could be my one of my witnesses. You can't testify against your husband, you know.
Speaker 5: That, Oh tears, We can arrange, we can arrange change that, sus. Just what I'm saying, Sus, we could split the spoils. Come on, man, okay, So uh as far as Mike, go ahead, Mike, what's going on with you?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 4: Mike?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 13: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: Good man? What is going on?
Speaker 13: Okay? So?
Speaker 2: I worked.
Speaker 13: I lived down in color of Springs. I live in a trailer park, and I worked for a tow truck company and they're giving me hassles on where I can and can park my truck overnight, even because I have to take it home. And I got it with something coming off of the back of my truck while I had it parked in their parking lot on camera, and they're not being very voluntary about letting me see the footage or letting me know what was up with the footage as far as who took something off the back of my truck while I was parked in their trucking line, And I.
Speaker 5: Was just what was taken off?
Speaker 2: And what was taking off your truck?
Speaker 15: Bro?
Speaker 13: One of my toe hooks?
Speaker 2: How much is it worth?
Speaker 13: About fifty bucks? Anywhere from fifty to one hundred.
Speaker 2: Why would someone steal a toe tuck?
Speaker 13: You know there's another tow truck company. I'm not trying to point fingers in anything, but there's another tow truck company in the trailer park that gets to do whatever he wants. Got it like it could have been?
Speaker 5: That's interesting. Wait a minute, so he lives there.
Speaker 13: Too, Yes, and he gets to park his leaky ass truck all over the parking lot leave messes everywhere.
Speaker 5: Okay, here's okay, Mike. I need to ask a few I need to ask a few questions. Your tow truck.
Speaker 2: Is it one of those humongous ones or is it a regular one?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 13: It's a pretty good sized flatbed. It's an International, okay.
Speaker 5: But is it the one with the Duley's and all that like made to get really big vehicles. I'm just trying to get a handle on this.
Speaker 13: No, it's a single axle. Don't need a CDL for it. It's just a bigger, bigger international with what's like a twenty four pot beat.
Speaker 5: What are the normal restrictions for commercial vehicles? Because all trailer parks have a set of rules, and what I'm asking is the normal restrictions, like like in your lease or something. What are they the rules?
Speaker 13: As far as I know you cannot have a trailer that is too big parked out on the street. But I don't believe it says anything about anything big truck size wise, and it is still one of the only true to other companies.
Speaker 5: Here's what I want to know, do other companies or other people residents, I mean, have similar vehicles you said this toe guy does, But is he the only one or do other people?
Speaker 13: I think there's another one, but he parks all the way outside off property across the street and like some commercial zoned areas over there.
Speaker 5: But Mike, I'm not talking about just towing. I'm not talking about just towing other commercial vehicles in general.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, yeah, there's other commercial vehicles. There are other framers, other other companies. What they're treating vehicles parked there?
Speaker 5: So have they told you? Have they told you you can't park anywhere or you have to park in your driveway?
Speaker 3: What are they.
Speaker 5: Actually telling you?
Speaker 13: What she actually told me was you cannot park it in front of your trailer on your street, but you are more than welcome to park it all the way in the back of the trailer park on a completely different street that's twenty minute walk away. No security no, nothing on it whatsoever.
Speaker 2: But did you did you ask her what? Okay, did you ask her?
Speaker 5: Listen? No, I'm asking did you ask her why other people can have vehicles commercial vehicles and you can't?
Speaker 13: No, I have not asked her that yet.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's pretty obvious, is why are they picking on you? Are you like upfront?
Speaker 9: So in other words, they don't want it up front of the park, so people see it just driving by.
Speaker 5: We're like the other guy with a tow truck. He's on the back and it's not an iesore.
Speaker 13: No, it's nothing like that. Okay, So you entered the trailer park and you're totally enclosed by fencing off to the general public. I'm on the main first street, but I also had a double one lot, so my law is wide enough to accommodate my truck parking in front of my trailer on the street and it doesn't block anybody off, not even myself.
Speaker 2: So you're not are you're on a public street.
Speaker 5: You're not even talking about So this is not a park where it's private streets in front or in your driveway. You're talking about a public street in front of your trailer. No, it's part of the park part of the bull.
Speaker 13: Okay, part of the park, so don't have They have no restrictions on parking accents for anybody. It's not like a trailer park where the rules are keep your car off the street in your driveway, no parking on the street. Everything's fire lane. That's nothing like that. Everybody gets the park wherever they want as far as their vehicles are concerned, even with like a couple of neighbors of mine that have broke down cars in front of neighbors trailers that they've never complained about. But I can't park one in front of my trailer, which accommodates a double white lot, which accommodates the length that I need for it. No, I get I've got a park. I get it back to the trailer park where I have no security on it whatsoever.
Speaker 11: Well, you know what we need, Deputy bow Hold on Hold, I was going to ask, we just need to get did Mike, did you actually call the owners of the trailer park and just simply ask them.
Speaker 13: I have not talked to the owners yet. As a matter of fact, they want me to avoid the owner seeing me in any way as much as possible.
Speaker 5: I think you need to make that conversation. You need to make that conversation.
Speaker 16: Yeah, of course, and then if you don't get any results, call us back and I'll give of course.
Speaker 2: But I think it's up to you first.
Speaker 5: Well wait, wait, wait, wait, what he's already I don't know. Why can't you just call and say why don't you enforce the parking rules uniformly? I mean that's just a simple question.
Speaker 13: Right, right? Or why is it up to park all the way back and not at least in the parking lot. It's just I feel like I'm being targeted because this lady that runs the trailer parker to me and tells me I can't belie. Right.
Speaker 5: That's why, Mike, That's why I'm asking our deputy to call and find out.
Speaker 2: But bo, do you think he should first.
Speaker 16: To take You's a he's good that the listener call first. But if if you want to give me the contact information, I'm not doing.
Speaker 5: I mean he's already been told, he's already been told he can't do it.
Speaker 8: Who's who told him?
Speaker 5: Who?
Speaker 2: Management?
Speaker 13: I think she's a she's she's a form of management. I mean, there's like so many trailer pard managers there. I don't even know which level of management she is.
Speaker 16: Okay, Mike, Well, if they told you know, then I will get involved during the break and make a call over there.
Speaker 2: Thank you, I got to take this break. I'm Tom Martine.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Tom Martino. Debbie wants to help her friend.
Speaker 2: Debbie. Who are you helping? How can we help you help them?
Speaker 10: Never made a quainbi for twenty five years Homeowners and Auto Okay, and then about a year and a half late or there was a hailstorm, big golf ball size.
Speaker 11: Hell.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't think she's talking to us.
Speaker 10: She's talking to us, Okay, hold on, hell, I don't know.
Speaker 5: There we go, we got Debbie. Yeah. By the way, Debbie, it's it says here you're calling about helping your friend.
Speaker 2: Yes, Is that about the hailstorm or was that another problem?
Speaker 10: This was I was telling someone else about what the issue is.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well tell me now what's going on with your friend?
Speaker 10: Okay? So my friend is ninety years old. She was with AAARP Homeowners and Car insurance for twenty five years and then for no reason, they dropped her. She hadn't made no claims ever in twenty five years, you know, paid the premiums all that. Okay. Then she got this new homeowner's insurance which is like a subsidiary of Guico called home Site And about a year and a half later, there was a golf ball sized tail that damaged her route.
Speaker 5: So the new company, what is the actual name of the new company and how did she find it?
Speaker 10: Okay, she went to Guyico so she could get some new coverage because they covered her.
Speaker 2: And is it actually is it actually Geico Insurance?
Speaker 10: No, it's called home Site as like sam I like Thomas E. Home Site.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 10: She was with them about a year and a half and that's when the health storm happened and got it. They wouldn't cover anything for a new roof. All they did was give her eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: So she's ninety Wait wait wait wait, how long ago was that?
Speaker 2: How long ago was that?
Speaker 9: I'm not sure i'd have to Well, she probably had an ACV policy.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's probably exactly what's going on.
Speaker 5: Well, we don't know. That's the problem, Debbie. Debbie, was she in an area where there was a lot of storms?
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, all the neighbors roofs got replaced, and she got paid how much? Eight hundred dollars? And she's telling me a roof is like, you know, ten thousand or more and she.
Speaker 5: Doesn't have Yeah, but I need to know how long ago? Because we can still open this claim, we can still help her. How long ago that? If we don't know, if.
Speaker 2: It was more than three years, were screwed?
Speaker 8: Was it?
Speaker 10: It might have been about three years. I'm not sure I'd have to call her an answer.
Speaker 5: Why are you calling today? If it was that, you know, like, tell me, tell me why you're doing it now? Why are you calling today?
Speaker 4: She is worried.
Speaker 10: I mean, she picks different things to be worried about. So now she's worried. I see, you know her roof is gonna start leaking, and here it is gonna be hail season again.
Speaker 2: And got it? No, I get it, I get it. Okay, we need to look into this. We need to look into this.
Speaker 5: It is an ACV policy.
Speaker 9: How do you know, Mark, because it says by default homesite Homeowners Insurance.
Speaker 5: It's not a it's not a broker. It's literally an insurance company. All of them are.
Speaker 9: Almost everything they sell is ACV for homeowners. Let's explain what that is, Debbie.
Speaker 5: Okay, Let's say let's say she had a roof, a new roof put on, let's say five years ago, and had a hailstorm.
Speaker 2: Like now, no, I'm just shebby. I'm giving you some example, Debbie.
Speaker 5: Just listen. I'm giving you an example of what an ACV is and I can help you, but you have to listen.
Speaker 2: To the explanation.
Speaker 5: So I'll do that after this.
Speaker 2: If you want, I'm listening. Well, okay, you know what, Debbie, I will. I will help you.
Speaker 5: I'm not yelling at you. I'm sorry I'm yelling in general, and I'm sorry about that. If you took it that way. Hang on and I will come back to you. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five. She wants to help her nine year old neighbor. We do two go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot You don't pay a cent until you're content. Three Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Yeah, ripped.
Speaker 17: News.
Speaker 1: You need advice so you don't have to.
Speaker 4: Come run in ass as we can show.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help come man.
Speaker 5: Six is the Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three all three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five to five. Oh. I'm a little little nervous right now, and that's because I am trying to hold it together. But Mark is doing these polls on YouTube and my morons are always voting against me. For those of you who don't know, we stream on YouTube. We get thousands of downloads and a good, healthy streaming audience. But the main thing and also the iHeartRadio app and all of that, so you can download it if you didn't get to listen to the show, and you can speed past the parts where Mark talks, and then you can slow down for my Pearls of Wisdom. It's really a good option. Now here's the deal. If the YouTube morons keep voting against me on these polls, I'm going to I'm going to discontinue polls. By the way, Debbie a nice woman, and I apologize for getting excited. She's trying to help her nine year old friend, and that's wonderful.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. Insurance is weird.
Speaker 5: Insurance companies like when you pay, but they don't like paying out. She was with AARP for many, many years, twenty five years, never had a claim, and then of course they dropped her. Now why they dropped her, I have no idea, but they did, and they can now. They suddenly dropped her. So she had to find new coverage, and she found this coverage called home site, which, by the way, is an ACV policy. Now, let me explain what ACV is actual cash value. So we're so used to having things on homeowners replaced. So let's just say a deck was destroyed by wind, you'd get a new deck. Or your house is destroyed by fire, you get a new house, you know, or a rebuilt house. Your roof is destroyed by hail, you get a new roof. That's a normal policy. But nowadays, because we have so many losses, especially from Hale in Colorado, many policies have gone to a CV actual cash value.
Speaker 2: What does it mean? Well, I gave an example.
Speaker 5: Let's just say you had a new roof five years ago, a brand new roof, and you have a claim today for Hale. You'd get almost the price of that new roof because it did not depreciate much in five years. It's actual cash value. Think of it as a car that's getting older and older and older. The older it gets, the less it's worth. Well, that's how they value roofs with an ACV policy. So I don't know how old her roof was, but apparently they only paid her eight hundred dollars when everyone else around her was getting new roofs now. If she had an ACV policy, and that's what she agreed to, there's not much we can do to help her. But sometimes even with ACV policies, insurance companies are not fair to people. And so for years and years we've been recommending public adjusters. They come in and they do adjusting based on whether or not you are treated fairly, and they try to recover more money for you, and they work on a percentage fee basis, and they can almost always get you more money. But if the coverage isn't there to begin with, then you can't get it. And I don't know what the situation exactly is with Debbie's neighbor, but I do have a few questions Debbie's actually, I mean not Debbie's neighbor, but Debbie, Debbie your friend.
Speaker 2: Do you know how old her roof was just prior to this hailstorm?
Speaker 10: Okay? I have Ruth on the line as well. Ruth, are you there? Okay, Okay, so she can answer.
Speaker 5: Hi, Ruth, Hie, Ruth, how old was your roof? How old was your roof before the hell? The dam mitche close to twenty five okay, And I want to know something. How long ago was this where they only gave you eight hundred bucks?
Speaker 18: Probably about five or six months ago.
Speaker 2: Oh good?
Speaker 6: Do you know why?
Speaker 5: I say good because you can still appeal it if it was unfair. So we have to figure out if it was unfair. How did they base the eight hundred dollars on. Did you get a letter saying here's what we're paying and here's why we're paying it.
Speaker 18: Probably I did.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm sure I think you could find that for us.
Speaker 5: Pardon if you can find it, it would really help us. Okay, okay, So what we would like to do, Yeah, we would like to figure that out because if they said, you know, this is how old your roof is there, this is how much you get, we understand that on a twenty five year old roof with an ACV policy, it's likely to be pretty accurate. But we can get you some free help right now to look at it once we find out. So, Ruth, why did did did did the other company, AARP, give you any idea why you were being canceled?
Speaker 18: Yeah, they came down here and looked this property over and said this wasn't a brick house, and it is a brick house, and they just had this woman looking all around and writing stuff down. I don't quite know all the reasons, but the next thing I just was they were lowering the value of my house. It was going to go from YEA three point fifty to two hundred thousand for our house. And quite naturally, you're not going to bother with somebody that wants the value of your house at two hundred thousand.
Speaker 5: Well that they were probably going to actual cash value instead of replacement.
Speaker 2: And so did you drop them or did they drop you?
Speaker 18: I think it was probably me after the way they did me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, And then how did you find home site?
Speaker 18: Okay? I went to Geico to get car insurance and they said they had that home site company. So I okay, there's their bad news.
Speaker 5: So we're going to take a look at your claim. And who do we give this to to work with Matt at Paragon? Somebody who can work with Matt. Okay, I'll tell you what, Deputy d He's going to take this. And so what we'll do, Ruth is look at your rejection letter or your settlement letter or whatever.
Speaker 2: Did you, by the way, take that eight hundred bucks.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 18: The well, they sent one and I tore it up. Then they sent another one and I did cash that one. Everybody said go ahead and cash it.
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Were they both for eight hundred?
Speaker 3: Did they?
Speaker 8: Did?
Speaker 2: They basically send you a replacement check. They're okay, Ruth.
Speaker 5: I don't think you did anything wrong by taking that check. I don't think they can force you into a settlement if it was unfair. My my suspicion is, however, is it's probably unfortunately accurate because it's a twenty five year old roof.
Speaker 2: But we're going to look at I'm gonna have no I get it. But not all of them had ACV policies.
Speaker 5: You see. Well they came out of pocket, I mean, or they came out of pocket to buy it.
Speaker 18: Oh yeah, that's what the that's what they want me to do.
Speaker 5: Take it out. Yeah, but did any rufer tell you, hey, Ruth, your whole roof has to be replaced? Did anyone tell you that?
Speaker 18: Not so much?
Speaker 10: In those words.
Speaker 18: I did have rufer look at it, and they've just, you know, said the best thing to do is to replace it. It's just that it's not all that good. I can't get up there. I don't know what's going I got to take.
Speaker 5: The word for it.
Speaker 2: Why can't you get why can't you get up there?
Speaker 5: Just use the ladder?
Speaker 2: Hey, Ruth, listen, Hey, I want to ask you something though. Is it leaking?
Speaker 18: Thank God?
Speaker 13: No, not yet, not yet.
Speaker 2: I worry about that a lot.
Speaker 5: You know what, I'm going to take a really how long you've been in Colorado? By the way, I'm just curious.
Speaker 18: I moved here in nineteen eighty.
Speaker 2: And I'll bet you you moved from upstate New York.
Speaker 18: You were from New York, your New Jersey, New Jersey.
Speaker 2: I see you can't hide it, Ruth. You try, but you can't hide it. I detected it. Okay, So listen, so listen.
Speaker 5: Deputy D who we call that's a nickname we give him Dimitri, is gonna look at your documents to make sure you were treated fairly. If not, we're going to get a public adjuster who will take a free look at it to see if you should be getting more money.
Speaker 2: Okay, And I would like to you know, you may want to look for another policy.
Speaker 5: It's going to be difficult in this in this world right now, it's going to be very difficult, so hang on three oh three seven Yeah, okay, and Debbie, thanks for thinking of your neighbor. We have more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Three oh three seven one three a two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Tom wants to talk about solar panels. Okay, and then Sus has a question She got off the air. But first Tom go.
Speaker 6: Ahead, Yeah, I mere, stop Su?
Speaker 2: What's what's going on?
Speaker 5: Tom?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 12: Well, I'm having no problem with my solar company, and I know you're familiar with them. Red Rocks Roofing and solar.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I love red Rocks. So tell me what's going on.
Speaker 12: Well, they they were really great salespeople, but they're follow through has been terrible.
Speaker 5: Well tell me tell me the whole story, though, Tom, Like, when did you sign the contract?
Speaker 12: You're good with you.
Speaker 9: In June?
Speaker 2: Who's who's the Who's the person in the back, he's.
Speaker 12: My foreman on the job?
Speaker 2: I okay, what job?
Speaker 12: We're building a new constructs Are you doing a new construction for our employees?
Speaker 15: We're building an a frame to house some of our people that work at the Highland Haven up in Evergreen to small bed and breakfast.
Speaker 12: But it's getting too expensive, Okay, live here, so we're trying to provide housing and I get it.
Speaker 5: So as part of this new construction, As part of this new construction, you did.
Speaker 2: A solar system.
Speaker 5: Is that right?
Speaker 12: Yeah? We wanted to keep the utilities reasonable, got it?
Speaker 5: And so you signed back last year? Did you say? When did you sign it in June? Okay?
Speaker 2: And what went wrong?
Speaker 12: Well, I guess the crew maybe wasn't the most professional.
Speaker 15: We had a few problems with the installation, and when we brought it up it started.
Speaker 3: A war.
Speaker 12: They weren't prepared to fix anything. They didn't think what was the problem that went wrong?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 2: What was the problem that went wrong?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: Tell me what went wrong?
Speaker 15: The panels were put up in unevenly so that they could they could catch the snow. That problem still hasn't intakes. When they installed the battery pack, they they cut a stud out on the inside wall and didn't replace it and didn't think that they should have to.
Speaker 2: Tom.
Speaker 9: They had an engineer oute to look at it and told them how to replace that stud and that's exactly what they did.
Speaker 5: Did it pass inspection? So quick? Wait a second, My understanding is all this is past inspection? Now? Is that not correct?
Speaker 12: That's correct? Okay, yeah, it's all passed inspection.
Speaker 5: And yeah, but well what Tom Tom is telling me though, Tom is telling me about the journey.
Speaker 2: It was a little rough, he said, So I get it, Tom.
Speaker 5: So what I want to know is this. I understand there were problems. All companies have problems. What I want to know is where does it stand today? What can we do to help you.
Speaker 15: We're just trying to get connected. We've been trying for two and a half weeks to get some information from Red Rocks, and they have.
Speaker 3: Blocked our phone calls.
Speaker 12: So we called from my daughter's phone this morning and they answered.
Speaker 10: Right away and then proceeded tell.
Speaker 12: Us that they wouldn't talk to us.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, what is the issue with What is the issue right now? Well, well we'll talk to Brooke about that. That doesn't go ahead.
Speaker 12: All they need to do is get their solar meter in the panel and then will be one hundred percent online. But they've been solid, I think, to punish it.
Speaker 15: They were mad about the repairs that we did, and we charged them a total of four hundred dollars I think, and so they they've dragged, dragged their feet on fixing the panels and leven leveling them out, and they to every conversation that we've had with them.
Speaker 12: They've had an attitude.
Speaker 3: Tom.
Speaker 5: I apologize for whatever bad experience you had. We will talk directly to Brooke, but I'm just gonna tell you something I truly did that she's trying to punish you, though I doubt that they're holding a grudge, but we will get to the bottom of it. We're gonna call her right now, Okay, So hang on listen. We take it really seriously when we endorse a company. We really do, so we will talk to her. I think you're frustrated. I get you, and it's been a little bit of a hassle and you just now want to get connected and you feel like they're delaying on purpose.
Speaker 2: Well that's not good.
Speaker 5: So let's just talk to her about it directly, and you hang on and we'll get this on the air. Three oh three seven five five.
Speaker 2: Sus, what question do you have from a listener? So, Tom, I had a somebody call. They wanted to know if you would just touch on. Is the National debt Relief program a scam? And if so, why.
Speaker 5: There is no national debt relief programs? So I don't know what they're talking about. So so what exactly do they mean?
Speaker 17: Because what could be have stated National debt relief?
Speaker 2: The company? Are they a scam?
Speaker 5: Okay, now let me take a look at them, because I remember hearing about them.
Speaker 2: Are they a consolidation company?
Speaker 8: Do you know? Yes?
Speaker 2: It looked like they were when I look them up. That's what they are.
Speaker 5: A lot of these, a lot of these places that call themselves debt relief are nothing more than loan companies.
Speaker 2: This is National debt Relief right, correct, that's the Okay. Now, one thing that I should say that should be a red flag right away.
Speaker 5: They are a plus accredited by the Better Business Bureau, So that should be a red flag.
Speaker 2: By the way, people, I know you find this, you might find this hard to believe.
Speaker 5: But the Better Business Bureau they are dinosaurs right now, okay, Torontosaurus rex. These people have no clue how to solve problems, answer questions, help people at all. And in my opinion, they're organized scams.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: They take money from businesses and then if you're in good standing, you get good results. If you're not and you don't pay them enough money, you don't get good results. That's my opinion.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: Now, over the years, we've had a very good relationship in the past, way back with the Better Business Bureau. But they're not the same organization. And almost anyone will tell you that that actually has the balls to say it, because many of them are afraid to speak out. But anyway, debt relief is nothing more than consolidation, that's all it is. And they say it's a two minute approval. And I can't say whether they're good or bad. They're just a debt consolid excuse me, a loan company, just a loan company. So what I'd like you to do is be very careful with any loan company. In fact, most of the time they take a lot of fees and they don't come through with a loan. Now I'm not talking about this company, but I'm talking about basically debt consolidation companies. So no, I don't love them in general. And I'll take a look at this one. And I'd like to know if anyone has an opinion on this. Have you dealt with this company?
Speaker 2: And if so, what were your results?
Speaker 13: Let me know.
Speaker 5: We have more coming up. Three zho three seven to one, three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best rufer Excel Rufe. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three A two five five.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: By the way, I'm wrong a bit about the national debt relief. They're not really as bad or not bad, but they can't be lumped in with consolidation companies.
Speaker 2: They're not a lender, and I'm going to talk about that, so please hang on.
Speaker 5: But I want to take Brook right now at redrochsroof and because you know, we endorse them for solar. We have a lot of great reviews on them, but no one's perfect. So let's see what's going on. Tom said, you know, and again many times when people have negative experiences. We know this from doing the show and how consumers think.
Speaker 3: We all do.
Speaker 5: When we have a problem, it is never an isolated problem. We tend to accumulate the experience. I call it the painful journey. So even though and this happened to be just the other day at Low's, but what I'm getting at is this, when there is a negative experience and then another one, or or even if they're unrelated or they're innocent mistakes or not, we tend to accumulate this, and then the next one becomes more serious, even if it's not more serious, And then the bottom line is we start thinking it is this company good to begin with? Should I have ever talked to them what's going on? And then sometimes can project more than actually there. Now, sometimes the company is terrible. Sometimes it is, But I'm not going to say that about Red Rocks based on this one experience, because most everyone has excellent things to say about them. But that doesn't discount Tom. Tom said, look, from the very beginning, we had a few problems with the installation. Now, Mark said he was involved in this when he had a problem, and I just want to summarize Mark. One of the main problems was this stud that they cut through.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think it was a load supporting beam of some sort, and I'm not sure how it got cut. I don't remember. It's going a wayst back. But and he was concerned. He was concerned that they didn't mention it and he discovered it go ahead. Well, I don't even know about that. Part where I got involved was they wanted to fix it one way, So Brooks folks said, yeah, we can fix it. It's no big deal, We'll fix it this way, whatever that way is. And they were like, no, we want the whole thing replaced. So Brooke was like, well, that's kind of crazy. Let's bring in an engineer and see what an engineer says. So they brought in an engineer and basically the engineer said the way Brooke wanted to fix it was fine. So and the guy wasn't happy with that. But I mean, that's that was the one part that I remember about this.
Speaker 5: But I want to get this straight again, and Tom, I don't want to tell a whole story, but that initial problem was taken care of, right, it.
Speaker 12: Was, but it wasn't done in a very professional manner. It was as it Okay, we weren't supposed to discover any problems. That's their attitude.
Speaker 5: Okay, So Tom doesn't like the fact that, Yeah, Tom doesn't.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: So you feel like we had to push them to do the right thing and that you had to discover it. They wouldn't admit to it, and I get it. But now it's fixed, and and I'm not trying to discount that. By the way, well we'll address that.
Speaker 2: So right now, though, I.
Speaker 5: Want to go to today's issue well, it's okay. But right now, the main issue is you can't get the meter installed.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 15: Well, I mean they wouldn't take a phone call for two and a half weeks. That's that was amazing.
Speaker 5: I just take this.
Speaker 9: I think you're going a little overboard time. So I'm just going to give you a little warning there.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 9: Why well, I'll tell you why because we're we have her on the phone to address it, and your being an ass that's why. Well, he's just expressing his wait, wait, wait Tom, Tom, Now she refused too far at this point.
Speaker 2: Let's put him on hold and bring Brook up.
Speaker 5: Mark. Yeah, thank you, Mark, But I think I know what to do. I want Tom to know I'm hearing him. That's all, okay, Tom, I'm here. I'm not agreeing with you or not.
Speaker 2: I'm just hearing.
Speaker 5: I hear what you're saying and your perception. His perception is he's being ignored on purpose. Now, Brooke, you're right, Now we go to Brook. Go ahead, Brook.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's okay. So there's a couple of things that have gone on in this project, for sure. So we have come by multiple times on multiple occasions and done what's called a walkthrough with the person that's involved in kind of general managing this project. And we had all of this back in October, and so at that point, one of the complaints had been, well, you guys left marks up on the roof. Well, in order to make sure that the railing and those items are installed like in line, we have to market otherwise it'll be crooked and the install don't fit appropriately. Well, those marks are normal and they come off with water. They were trying to use it an alcohol or a paint center to remove them and it was actually causing them to smudge more. So we came back out and we just wiped them off with water, I think a couple of days later. So each time that something's gone on, we've gone up there and said this will be addressed, or if you know, inspector says we.
Speaker 19: Have to do these things, we'll do them.
Speaker 14: Because we're hearing a lot of feedback from folks that aren't licensed, so they're telling us, well, we want it done this way, and it's like, we understand that, but in order to do it the right way and pass inspection and do it with the right licensing, we have to do it this way and that's kind of I think where some of the disconnectors happened. And so this was a new build, which means that temporary power was brought out to it. Back in October when we started this project, we had tried to do what's called an interconnection application with Excel, essentially their version of the permit for the project, and that wasn't possible because they needed to have the full no temporary power couldn't exist. They needed to pass full inspection and have full electrical up before we could do that. So I sent you guys a copy of the email it was back I think October fourteenth or October sixteenth, saying like Excel is not going to accept this, so as soon as you guys have real power, we can reprocess the application. So we've been reprocessing the application for the last few weeks because they just got full power back up. We've been communicating with Excel. On February sixth, Excel and asked us to provide some additional information. We did so on today's date, they just opened up some new things for us to submit to them, so we'll get that done tonight. We've been working on their project all.
Speaker 5: Right, they brooke I brooked that that. Okay, I appreciate the update. Now, I just have some very simple questions. This stud that was apparently cut or this beam that he said you did not bring up and they had to discover, can you just address that.
Speaker 14: I mean, there was nothing for them to bring up or to discover, because there was a walk through done with the their folks on Saturday, the saturday before, and then on Monday they went inside and they said, hey, what about this. We're working mostly on the exterior, so if something happens like that on the interior, it's not like it was mys or that we just didn't do it. It's like we did the walk room with the guy, and all that was looked at was the exterior work because solar has to be on the outside of the house.
Speaker 18: To pass code.
Speaker 5: No, I get it, but did you guys cut that beam? Were you guys the ones that cut it?
Speaker 14: Yeah, let's cut from the exterior work that was done. It's not like we went inside and cut it interiorly. So my god, No, I get it.
Speaker 5: But but I guess what he I guess that to him was a red flag that it was cut. It wasn't supposed to be cut. And they had to discover it. I'm Brooke, I'm not agreeing or disagreeing. I'm trying to clarify what he's saying.
Speaker 2: He is saying it shouldn't have been cut.
Speaker 19: Okay, okay, next thing happened, and so before final inspection, we would have found that, and we would have done exactly what we did, which is essentially buddy tapeless stud and then get an engineering letter saying it was good to go, which is exactly what happened.
Speaker 10: Okay, okay, we returned.
Speaker 2: We just yeah, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 5: Next thing, he said that he you won't take phone calls, and he had to use his daughter's phone to get through.
Speaker 2: He says, you're blocking him.
Speaker 9: So he called in.
Speaker 14: Because there's the Excel delay occurred. So we just got access to full power. It's not Mark an email on this one to say, hey, they just got full power on last week. We were able to run final inspection.
Speaker 10: There were no issues.
Speaker 14: And I think that email can do you what two weeks ago?
Speaker 5: Three weeks ago?
Speaker 14: Mark?
Speaker 5: Yeah, probably two two and a half yep.
Speaker 14: Yeah, So that's when we were finally able to start doing the application for Excel, and that usually takes about six weeks to do. They were informed about that back in October, so at this point there's no new information. What they've been doing the last two weeks is calling and screaming at my staff that we aren't working on it, even though they're still getting weekly updates. So my staff isn't there to get abused or punching back for anybody. We let them know this is going to be coming back in October multiple times. We understand that they want this done and we're working on it as quickly as you can. But this is a delay on their ends that we're still working to work through.
Speaker 5: Okay, Brooke, Now, Tom, are you satisfied at least with that explanation.
Speaker 15: Well, it is an explanation, but the lack of communication, none of this would have happened.
Speaker 12: If they would have, like she said, kept us in the loop for the last few weeks. They haven't. They haven't. They haven't taken So she.
Speaker 5: Never told you it's going to take six way, you were aware of you You were aware of the delay though, right because of not having power to the site.
Speaker 12: Well yeah, okay, all right, one.
Speaker 5: Brooke.
Speaker 2: He said that power issue was solved months ago.
Speaker 14: Oh, No, it wasn't because we just we just got it, so we weren't able to run final inspection or do any things that we needed to do. It wasn't resolved months ago because otherwise we would have ran our final and been done with it.
Speaker 2: And you have a letter to that effect, Brooke.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we've got information on that because we had asked them to keep us updated when we could run final, and I think Pamela was communicating with them weekly on that via email and the last email communication that she sent to them about right.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 2: I'm all right, So Tom, listen.
Speaker 5: Suffice it to say, Tom that they're working on your system, and it sounds to me like they are. I mean, I think what happened is you started having problems and then started accumulating them.
Speaker 2: Think they can't do it right. They must not like you. You got angry.
Speaker 5: They said, look, we're gonna get it done. I don't see that you're being ripped off.
Speaker 2: I don't see that.
Speaker 5: I don't know what to say other than maybe they should have somebody assigned to call you every day to let you know, or maybe some emails. But I don't know what else to do in this case. You can tell me what you want, Okay, tell me what you want Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: I'm Tom Martino. You're troubleshooter.
Speaker 5: Listen. You have to understand something. When people complain about a company. I let him complain and be heard, okay, and then I let the company respond. At this point, I think it's progressing, it's going to be fine, and I don't think anything was done intentionally to cheat anybody or anything. That's just my impression. But Tom, I asked at the end of that of the last segment, what do you want now? She said, they're working to process everything and you'll be activated and the whole system is installed correctly.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: So what do you want right now?
Speaker 2: What can we do for you?
Speaker 3: Tomaking to me, and I think my head be the wrong. Tom here I called earlier a bone Health.
Speaker 5: Oh I'm sorry, Tom, you are the wrong.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Tom, you are the wrong.
Speaker 5: Okay, So now I'm going to talk to you about Advent Health.
Speaker 2: Did we call you back? And in other words, your personal property? We don't need to talk to you.
Speaker 5: That was I'm sorry. So let me move on to Kevin. Kevin, go ahead, what's going on with you?
Speaker 2: Kevin?
Speaker 4: Hey, I just have a question about I know Colorado is a gift state. Is that correct? On taxes?
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 12: I'll give you an example.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm going to gift a car to my daughter. She takes it to get her own plates.
Speaker 10: Does she have to pay tax?
Speaker 3: Et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 4: Do they look at blue book to see what the value is of the vehicle?
Speaker 5: Or yes, yes, thank the look they look at the value. And that's to keep people from putting down. Even if it's a true gift, it's still is taxed at its value for the ownership tax, not the sales tax. But that's the way it works, and if it's a true gift, there is no sales tax. But I have more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Stick around, Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped You needed that?
Speaker 5: Who you don't have?
Speaker 1: Run anxiousness as can. No shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 8: Come Man Dix.
Speaker 5: He is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: All right, what's going on? How can we help you?
Speaker 5: We have all kinds of things to talk about. I want to get right to the phones, and we want to bring up our studio guests. We have Bob Logan from Plumbline Services. Thank you for being here, Bob. And we've been talking about all kinds of things with problems, question complaints and plumbing, heating, quicking electrical trains.
Speaker 2: So let me just recap this very quickly. So we had a call about.
Speaker 5: We had a call about US Red Rocks, Roof and Solar and basically they did a job for Tom and on a new build being built through John the contractor. And Tom was disappointed in the process and some problems they encounter and okay, I get it. So he did what a lot of consumers do, and they start keeping track and accumulating and feeling bad and.
Speaker 2: The whole it's where the relationship turns sour.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 5: Mark's perspective was that Tom was being overly critical and not trusting anybody.
Speaker 2: But and he was the one looking into it.
Speaker 5: I didn't look into it, but I listened to both parties today and I can see where Tom would get frustrated. And I can also see Brooks frustration because she says, look, Tom, you know we're working on this. There was nothing highly unusual about it. There were a few problems. We took care of the problems, and then we were waiting for power to the site and we will activate it.
Speaker 2: I mean she acknowledged that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Tom was unhappy here and there, and he started yelling at the staff and they did have a little falling out.
Speaker 2: But I don't see a let's put it this way. I don't see anything intentional like blocking him.
Speaker 5: I don't or intentionally blocking him or not wanting to do the work, or trying to get back at him. I don't see anything personal going on here. I just want to see what he wanted. And I said, Tom, you know heard you out and Brooke heard you out. So where do we go from here?
Speaker 19: And so.
Speaker 5: I'm going to talk to the contractor now who's building the new build, and ask him because he's the one that called us back.
Speaker 2: Okay, John, what does he want? What can we do now?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 5: How do we move on?
Speaker 20: That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out. When I spoke with Pamela this morning, she spoke with me, briefly, told me she's not allowed to talk to me, and hung up. And this is the project manager for the last two weeks. I've left multiple messages, emails, texts. We paid him in fifty thousand dollars in full the last payment two weeks ago, and I'm just simply trying to get a status update where they're at with Excel? When is the system going to be offered? Okael, your fix is going to be fixed? That got snow sitting on uneven panels. I mean there's just a few minor fixes and some basic communiture.
Speaker 13: You know where we're at with Excel.
Speaker 20: That's all I'm trying to find out is when this is going.
Speaker 5: To be okay, John, that's fair, that's fair, and and you you have you don't have the emotion connected to it that Tom does.
Speaker 2: And I think your inquiry is fair.
Speaker 5: You want to know when will the minor, just minor problems be corrected and when will it be hooked up? And I think that's as Those are fair questions. I want you to email me, just please. I don't need the entire history. I don't need blow for blow.
Speaker 6: I want you to.
Speaker 5: I want you to email us and and Susy'll get it to me help at troubleshooter dot com. I want you to just give us your basic questions right now, and I'll get every one of them answered.
Speaker 2: It's that simple.
Speaker 5: Let's just narrow it down. Take out the emotion and let's get you answered. Because I know, as the project, as the contractor, you know, these are basic questions, and that's what we'll do.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's what.
Speaker 5: We'll do, Tom.
Speaker 13: Just so you know.
Speaker 17: In Brook's email she sent while she was on the phone with us, it says Excel just opened up additional items for them to finish, So they're going to be finishing up here pretty quick.
Speaker 2: Now, I understand, But John has some other basic questions.
Speaker 3: We hold on. That's it.
Speaker 2: Hold on. But the answer I'm not going to give John is that he already knows.
Speaker 5: What I'm going to say to John, is this, give your basic even if it's been setic before, there's no harm in spending fifteen minutes with her answering some basic questions.
Speaker 2: I think he had more than just to know about Excel.
Speaker 5: He said there were some minor installation flaws that still need to be addressed, like uneven panels, et cetera. So John, I'm not saying I agree or know anything about your questions. I'm just saying, if you put your questions in an email, SUS will get them to us and Brook will answer them.
Speaker 2: It's that simple.
Speaker 5: I mean what I mean, that's what you deserve. And I'm not saying she did did anything right or wrong, You did anything right or wrong. You simply have questions and you want answers. No bad can come from that, nothing, nothing bad can come from that.
Speaker 2: So we will we will get on that, John, I will get on that.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Okay, thank you, John, And you send that uh sus, They'll tell you where to send that email.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven one three tonk seven one three A two five five. I'm going to put Deputy D on the spot right now because I never tasted better buffalo wings in my entire life, and they were Super Bowl buffalo wings. And there's two stages to wings. A lot of people go short on one or short on the other. Here the two stages are the wings themselves, which some people say the sauce is everything, but the wing underneath that sauce has to be flavored.
Speaker 2: You can't just do raw wing, I.
Speaker 5: Mean not raw with wings and cook them and not season So those were encrusted or seasoned to perfection. Then you add the sauce to it. So here's what I want to know. What did you season the wings with before you even apply the sauce.
Speaker 8: Good question, Tom. So I have a mixture that I coat the wings in. It's a low carb mixture, but it's what is it. It's a mix of starch like what corn starch or literally stars Okay, so it's got to be starch. And then there's another component called baking powder.
Speaker 2: And really there's a cylical reaction that I.
Speaker 8: Can't explain, but it causes the chicken skin to kind of bubble up and become more crispy as there's the wings bake. Really and then there's also salt and an enormous amount of black pepper. So basically I start off by, you know, cooking.
Speaker 2: A very crispy wings before you apply all that such.
Speaker 8: No, it's the exact opposite. So you have to buy what's called air chilled wings, which are only available from Whole Food air chilled. Yeah, and so you know, typically in a processing chicken processing factory, the chicken is cut up and dumped into ice water to cool it as quickly as possible. But there's a more expensive but better way to do it, which is they put it under a blast of really arctic cold air. It's called air chilled. It keeps them all.
Speaker 5: So air chilled wings with pepper, starch, you know, bacon soda, bacon powder, and it just rolled.
Speaker 2: In that stuff face.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I kind of massage it in.
Speaker 5: So do you put all the paper to procuse me, the pepper and the starch is together, and then roll it all in one and salt.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you shake them.
Speaker 8: No, I kind of massage them with okay.
Speaker 5: And then you lay them out and you cook those before you apply the sauce. You don't apply the sauce during the cooking, of.
Speaker 8: Course not, yeah, because that will prevent cruspification.
Speaker 5: And by the way, I noticed that you did that. So the wings are completely cooked and in and of themselves are flavorful even before the buffalo it turns out to be.
Speaker 8: A really good roasted chicken also coat you know for other cuts of chicken.
Speaker 2: So then you you add this sauce.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So they're baked until crispy. You know, it's twenty minutes and enough.
Speaker 5: Buffalo wings conventionally crispy they're supposed to be, but most most of the.
Speaker 8: Time they're not.
Speaker 5: Okay, So now what do you do then with the sauce. What is the base of the sauce a buffalo sauce. What is it?
Speaker 8: Well, the traditional buffalo sauce as it was meant to be, you know, as you know what is it in Buffalo, New York. So it's very simple. The traditional sauce only has Francs Red Hot, which is a fermented pepper sauce, right, and butter. And you can vary the proportions of the two depending on how hot you are.
Speaker 2: That's what That's what buffalo sauce is.
Speaker 8: That's the traditional Buffalo sauce.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's called what Franks.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's a brand name called Frank's Red Hot Pepper sauce.
Speaker 2: And that was the original Buffalo sauce from Buffalo, New York. Okay, and butter?
Speaker 3: And is that all you do?
Speaker 13: Know?
Speaker 8: In my case, which I think is what you like. I also add a certain a barbecue sauce, a sugar free barbecue sauce, a little bit of it to it. Then I had some liquid smoke, and so it creates kind of a combination of a barbecue slash buffalo sauce. Man so, which which is the best of both?
Speaker 13: Cool?
Speaker 16: They were delicious, Dmitree and went back in line three times for your wings.
Speaker 5: I want to bring the rest. I officially challenge you to a wing off.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, oh, Mark, do you do?
Speaker 5: Mark?
Speaker 8: Do you do?
Speaker 6: Next time I'm in?
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 9: What I do is I smoke wings for it in like two hundred in to two twenty five for a while. Then I crisp them big time at about six or seven hundred, So the inside is.
Speaker 5: Crisp, right, do you crisp them right in the smoker itself? Six hundred broiler? Okay?
Speaker 2: And then you apply your sauce. Uh well, if people.
Speaker 9: Want sauce, I usually use a rub and then you can put sauce on later. But so in his sound, I can just tell mineor better, what is your What is your rub?
Speaker 5: Mark?
Speaker 9: It just depends on what I'm going for. Usually I'm a little different. He's kind of the low carb. Usually a rub I use on a chicken wing is gonna have some spice in it, maybe a little cayenne. But on top of that, more importantly, it's gonna have lots of sugar. The number one ingredient is going to be some form of sugar. Now, now there is a way to sweeten him without that.
Speaker 2: What you know, Suzanne can look at.
Speaker 8: Him or for example, that's my favorite non sure. Yeah, that's a natural product. They're right from monk fruit where it comes from.
Speaker 5: Monk fruit gives me the I don't like monk for it.
Speaker 2: Gives you the I know what, I love A bit of that stuff, full of it. Maybe that can help drain some of it.
Speaker 8: But we have a wing off.
Speaker 9: We're gonna do a wing off. We've done, We've done plenty of things like that. Here, Uh to Bigley, I always win.
Speaker 8: I'm ready, I'm I'm very much looking forward.
Speaker 9: Tom Tom has talked about doing a meatball off, but he's never He just doesn't ever come to the Uh doesn't come to the plate.
Speaker 5: Your balls could never stand up to mind. I mean, I have the best feed bus in the world anyway. It's like we're seven on three talks seven one three, eight two five five more. Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven to one three talk three oh three seven one.
Speaker 2: Three eight two five five. All right, so let's talk.
Speaker 5: Somebody asked earlier about something and I gave my opinion.
Speaker 2: Now I'm not saying this company is great.
Speaker 5: I'm saying I got it wrong about what they do because I wasn't familiar with them, National Debt Relief. Somebody wanted to know what are they? And I said, Oh, they're nothing more than a consolidation company, a lender and.
Speaker 12: It.
Speaker 5: Yet here's what they said in a lot of their social media. They they say they are not a consolidation company. Okay, they're a debt settlement company. But if you go to their own website, their own website, Nationaldebt Relief dot Com, their own website, the very first question, the very first question under the title and to the right their phone number, is this, do you qualify for debt consolidation one low monthly payment reduce multiple payments to one debt free quick two minute approval.
Speaker 2: So either I don't have the right company or they do both.
Speaker 5: But this debt relief company seems to be the same one, National Debt Relief.
Speaker 2: But let's get to the meat of this.
Speaker 5: According to one set of literature, they're not a consolidation company. The other one they are, So let's go with the one that they're not a consolidation company. They call themselves National Debt Relief, So I don't know which one is. Which it's National Debt Relief or this other one that I found on the website. I don't know because they have two different messages. Nationaldebt Relief dot Com says they're a consolidation company and a lender. NDR National Debt Relief, which is the same exact name. In other literature says they're not a debt relief company. But I'm gonna let you decide what they are. Okay, here's what one set of literature or of social media says.
Speaker 2: It says that they negotiate.
Speaker 5: On behalf of clients to reduce unsecured debt such as credit card balances, personal loans, and medical bills. This process involves clients making monthly deposits into a dedicated account. They accumulate the money in a lump sum and make settlements. Now, let me explain this to you because we've had dozens of these companies in the past, and let me tell you the dangers.
Speaker 2: First and foremost. Remember this.
Speaker 5: If you make a monthly payment into an account, let's say it's one hundred or two hundred, or three hundred or four hundred, whatever it is. Let's say it's five hundred, one thousand, how long does it take to accumulate enough to do one debt settlement, let alone ten or fifteen. In the meantime, what happens to the ones that are coming after you? Do you think they stop collections because you're with national debt relief?
Speaker 2: Of course they don't.
Speaker 5: So you know, yeah, eventually, if you stop making payments, they're gonna want to settle maybe. So here's what they're proposing. You stop making all your payments and you make a payment to them, and then they use the balance to make debt settlements. This could take years and years. But here's what's happened in the past, not with national debt relief, but would a lot of these companies, they accumulate a lot of money in the account and disappear.
Speaker 3: What do you do? Then?
Speaker 5: In their agreement they guarantee nothing. So I've had mixed reviews just since talking about them. A lot of people have paid in and gone nothing, or maybe they got one debt settled. You would be better off accumulating your own money and doing that a good bankruptcy attorney. Do you understand a good bankruptcy attorney can do that for you, and maybe cheaper they take. Not only do they take a fee. Listen to this, up to twenty five percent of the total debt. So literally, if you have debt you're paying like twenty thousand, you can pay five thousand dollars in fees. That's not wait a minute, that's not to pay off the debt.
Speaker 2: That's in a fee for the twenty thousand.
Speaker 5: So now, let's say they reduce your twenty thousand dollars in debt to fifteen thousand, and you pay a five thousand dollar dollar fee, you're right back to twenty thousand. Do the math.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's say you have a twenty thousand dollars debt.
Speaker 5: You're charged five grand, So now you're into it for twenty five and they negotiate it down to I don't know ten.
Speaker 2: I mean you're still paying.
Speaker 5: Out the nose. Plus they have absolutely no guarantees in their contracts for any kind of settlements whatsoever, and you still owe the fees. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three zero three seven to one to three talk three O three seven one three.
Speaker 2: Eight two five five.
Speaker 5: Bob Logan is with plumbline plumbing, heating, cooling, electric and drains. And Bob somebody said that they had a similar problem with their water heater and they did something very simple that saved the money. In summer and winter. And it's a very simple solution. I want to know what you think about it, Bob. They did nothing to mess with the water heater except they put in an equal size holding tank that does nothing but sit there with water in it. Yeah, and that water warms up to the house and does not come from the cold ground outside, and it's in a heated space, like you know, it's in their mechanical area. And they said that alone, introducing the fresh water at a much warmer temperature simply by sitting there reduce their their hot water costs and increased the hot water. Does that make sense?
Speaker 6: It does.
Speaker 7: And if you have the room to do that in your mechanical room, it's it's a it's a great idea. If if this is a I mean, for most people, this isn't that big of an issue. But if it is a big issue and you got the room in your mechanical room and it is more conditioned than other spaces, absolutely.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And and again I'm not saying it's a big it's a big issue with anyone but me. Maybe you know, I seem to have issues where no one has issues. Anyway, someone else wants to ask about solar and I think the answer is no, they don't have any solar water heaters. Directly, I think what it is is electric and you have a solar system, right, Bob, I mean we should ask Brook. But they used to do in the old days. They used to have actually a water heater that had a heat exchanger in it, and the heat exchanger had glycol in it or whatever it was, and it would go up to the panel and get heated. Then it would be pumped through the water heater which exchanged with a coil. When I say exchange, the glycoal was in one coil and your domestic water was in another. And it's called the heat exchanger, meaning the heat from the glycoal being heated on the roof would transfer to the water, the water would be used domestically, and in essence it works. And I can tell you that firsthand because I had a system like that years and years ago in Parker. I had a giant mass system before photovoltaics were being used widely, Bob. This system was so elaborate it worked. Listen to listen. To listen to this system, I had multiple panels on the roof, and the panels litter had in my case, they didn't have glycole. They had water in the panels. The water would go up to the roof in cycles and it would hold hundreds of gallons in these panels. It would get baked and at a certain temperature you would hear the pump command or the valve come on. It would release the valve and it would gravity feed all of the water that was just heated into a tank into my basement, into the mechanical room. This was a giant tank like four hundred gallons, like a big hot tub, right, but it was covered and sealed. You could get in it for service.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: Then another bunch of water would go up to the roof and it would constantly, about every twenty minutes circulate when there was sun, so it would go up to the roof, heat up, come back down into the tank. So that tank always had hot water in it. Inside the tank was an exchanger, basically a giant coil, and that coil had watering through it. That water was used well, we had two coils. One coil was used for space heating, radiators and all of that. So the house was heated by hot water, but the hot water was heated by solar.
Speaker 2: When you didn't have solar, you.
Speaker 5: Had a water you had a regular hot air furnace you could use, and you chose back and forth which one to use. So I literally had radiator heat provided by the sun most winters. It was elaborate, expensive, and ridiculous compared to today's systems, but it, you know, it really did work. I'll never forget how complicated it was. Now to provide domestic hot water, it did the same thing. It had an exchanger, a smaller one that was used for domestic hot water and one that was used for heating the house. And it was so amazing the way it worked. Oh, actually, I remember now. It did not have an exchanger for heating the house. I think it was direct to hot water for heating the house, and then for domestic hot water there was an exchanger. But this tank was in my basement and one day I noticed a leak in it. Now I'm looking at a finished basement and a very elaborate setup, and I'm thinking, how am I going to replace this tank? It's like a four or five hundred gallon tank. How am I going to replace it's it's a hot tub. It's so you're not gonna believe what I did. I didn't know what to do, and I had experts come down and they said, well, we'll have to pull out the studs. We'll have to do this, or we have to bring in two halves of a tank and weld them together.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 5: I swear to god, I didn't know what to do, so I it was crazy. I knew a pool manufacturer at the time, clipse Opools, and I had a Clipse o pool which was a liner pool. So I shut the system down temporarily. And the plastic, big giant the you know these milky like plastic tanks, that's what it was.
Speaker 2: It was like a big tank we that was leaking.
Speaker 5: We cut it up and pulled it out of the house.
Speaker 8: That was trash.
Speaker 5: Then I built with studs, steel studs. We built a square tank around the solar system and lying it with a custom pool liner as if I was making a swimming pool, and we made a five hundred gallon portable swimming pool. Then we made a custom top for it. And this was my new tank. And what was great about it is and what was great about it is that the heat exchanger fit right in it, and everything fit and worked perfectly. All the fittings we used were pool fittings instead of the other fittings we had with the plastic tank, and it worked. It worked so well that the solar company adopted those kinds of tanks so they did not have to ever worry about carrying in and out tanks anymore. And of course these systems don't even exist anymore. They were called direct solar. You know, no one does direct solar and pumps water to solar panels anymore to heat it up. Everything is photovoltaic. I don't even think they do glycol systems anymore. But solar has come so far because photovoltaics were so expensive at the time and now and by the way, for those listening, a photovoltaic is simply that photo voltaic that the sun is directly converted to D to DC current and that's it. The actual sun goes on the panel and creates current or voltage, and then what happens is you have electricity, and then you use electric appliances like electric heat and electric furns, electric whatever you want. But the direct solar used to be just what it was called direct, so you would have to heat up a liquid and then exchange it with another, you know, in order for it to work. Another thing we used to have in the day was called passive solar. Passive solar was where you had a home and you had an envelope, so you had southern facing windows. Sometime looked like a shellet or they looked like a sun porch, and it was just about four to eight feet wide and it was on the south side of the house, so it collected solar through the window and it made that room unbearable. You could not use that room. The intent was not to use that four foot wide swathe. It was to create hot air. Then you would blow that hot air into the house in the winter, and in the summer you would expel it or you would use shades. And it was a passive solar heating system that you would not believe how good it worked.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 2: It was just passive. There's nothing to it.
Speaker 5: The hot air in that room got so hot that you would have fans moving that air around the house through ductwork. Incredible, and it worked. Another system were earth tubes. Earth tubes were simply tubes that went down underground to a point where the earth was stable and you had sixty eight.
Speaker 6: Degrees all the time, a thermal thermal.
Speaker 3: So the Earth.
Speaker 5: But the system was a tube Earth tube. So you would take this tube and you would direct cool your house with sixty eight degree air in the summer. In the winter, the sixty eight degrees was warm, so it would preheat air going to your furnace.
Speaker 2: An incredible system.
Speaker 5: Again, so all of these things have been abandoned, though for photovoltas, I think there's still a place for passive solar, I really do. And I believe earth tubes there's still a place. I mean, there's something also, and I digress, but something called thermal siphoning. Thermal siphoning is a little different than an earth tube. It is a home made of a material that conducts heat and cold. And what you do is you put the lower part of it. It's like a Some of them are made in a dome shape, and the lower part of the dome goes into the ground deep enough that the walls, the interior space of the walls is kept out of steady temperature from the Earth, and the air circulates around the dome into the ground and back out. And it's so you have a circular motion air from the ground up around the dome and back into the ground. The most amazing system that dome never got Ever when I went to visited one of these people with this dome, never got beyond seventy degrees winter or summer is dome?
Speaker 8: What the house is made of?
Speaker 5: Yes? Or the dome is no. It was a domeside of dome. You live inside of dome. They're quite attractive if done right. But I mean, you know, these were days when people were experimenting with all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: Go with a Sure Thing Denver's Best roof of Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two