Speaker 1: Hey everybody, It's Tuesday, March eighteenth, twenty twenty five. Welcome to the Giant BombCast, Episode eight hundred and eighty two. I'm your host jan at Choa, joining me co captain of the ship Chef Crub.
Speaker 2: I just looked at my own camera feed on the website we use, and I got upset at my own resting dick face. So I'm like, man, you look like kind of an ahole, all right, speaking about a holes.
Speaker 1: He's the opposite of one because he's our local anarchist, the bad boy. You have games media, the pugs. My like, MANAUGHTI well, I.
Speaker 3: Got introduced before Dan, look at me, go it's me.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh I see.
Speaker 5: I was like this must be Dan when you talked about a holes. But all right, sure, yeah doing here?
Speaker 2: Why are we turning on each other here?
Speaker 5: Now I'm looking at the feet, I'm like, yep, still pretty pale. That one weekend in Florida didn't didn't do enough.
Speaker 1: So I still think you may have residual fester makeup on. That's what people.
Speaker 2: It comes. I'm just imagine. I imagine your flight crossed the border, the invisible border of Ohio and the Tan like broke off like eggshell and just fell to the frind.
Speaker 4: It's like when Homer shaves and then it immediately just grows back.
Speaker 5: I was picturing like the snap, but like it's you know, it turns the leaves, but I'm behind.
Speaker 4: It's just this pale husky.
Speaker 1: Speaking about husks and eggs. He's patrolling all all of your local grocery stores trying to figure out just what a beat it looks like or is Dan Rikert.
Speaker 4: I did get an update from my father. He texted me back saying he has definitely never bought a radish or a turnip.
Speaker 2: Yeah. How does that make you feel?
Speaker 4: Vindicated?
Speaker 2: That's a very strong word. I know a thing that can happen.
Speaker 1: Vindicated not only a quality that Paul Reker can give you, but also a dashboard confessional song from Spider Man two.
Speaker 2: He's just the boy.
Speaker 4: I was never an emo guy. That's what dashboard confessional is, right, Sure, I might have to be because I got a little personal update if I see him a little off. Going through a bit of a breakup right now? Got one going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, me too? At your too, jan Yeah, I'm also going through a breakup, are you go.
Speaker 2: It's okay, I'm the same things happened to me. Oh no, wow, me too.
Speaker 1: Wow, the four of us bring it up.
Speaker 2: It's not with the same person, is it?
Speaker 1: Well wait?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: Who Dan?
Speaker 2: Who did you get broken up with?
Speaker 4: The doctor of phuconomics?
Speaker 5: Chan?
Speaker 2: Me too, he did it to me, joke.
Speaker 4: God damn it, Sina. He was seeing all of you at the same time too.
Speaker 2: He broke up with me yesterday.
Speaker 5: It wasn't even in the same goddamn county.
Speaker 2: He did it over television. Yeah, from Brussels.
Speaker 1: I don't even know where Brussels is.
Speaker 2: European Union. I thought.
Speaker 4: I thought he's going to the home of my ancestors to break up with me, to like rup it in. God damn, what a jerk.
Speaker 2: He's not.
Speaker 1: He's not a heel, he's not a baby face. He just broke up with us.
Speaker 4: They cut to that fucking kid with all the Scena stuff on, just staring at the camera seeing it pointed them out specifically, and they cut to him. It's the funniest ship. I was cackling out loud to myself.
Speaker 2: Oh, especially because you know that kid is sad in French, so.
Speaker 4: They had a good chance they had a really good chance.
Speaker 2: European wrestling audiences are maybe the top.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah he was oh man, him pointing out and singling out every other like adult man wearing full John Cena gear, like.
Speaker 2: You like you you just drink or drake or drake.
Speaker 1: Wow Sina, Oh my god, such an asshole.
Speaker 4: Like it's exactly like I don't even think I knew I wanted this version of the heel. I thought I was gonna be like, oh, he's got yeah, the new gear, the new music, and then he specifically knew everyone wanted that and use that as part of being here, like no, you don't get that, you don't. Oh fuck, this is good. This guy is really good at this. He should stick around.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I I've never bought a Scena shirt because I thought they were always cheesy. But I kind of like that rally video game one.
Speaker 4: I got that video game one it pro.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Hey, we know he was one of us. He loves cran of Conker, he loves two D Metroid. We can thank him for Metroid dread.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, he's been inside the Nintendo Prison Cube before playing The Switch. God, I love too.
Speaker 5: There's maybe only like six things I like more than two D Metroid, and I won't say what they are because people feel left out.
Speaker 4: But I love two D Metroid. I played a little super Metroid this weekend on the new Trantron and let me tell you that's that's pretty fun.
Speaker 2: Still don't like me as much as t D Metro. Definitely not. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm like totally. I want to make it clear. Yeah, no, I wouldn't expect to, and I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Jan twenty bucks for that thing. Was was a steel absolutely like if you have to look at my blue sky folks and just it's perfect. It's like an old couple that bought it new, they were the original owners. It's sat in a room they said they barely ever used it. It looks like I just grabbed it from Kmart.
Speaker 2: At least the smokers. So there's something bad about it.
Speaker 4: Well, it was in like a like SHEHD like a WORKSHD and so it's good smells like sawdust, which I kind of.
Speaker 2: Like, that's kind of nice. So that's a good smell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it's just really fucking nice. That's fun. Link of the Past and Supermantor. I went right to U S and E s I feel like that's like the best for the spell. I had sixty four on it, like Maris, sixty four looks incredible. Oh shit, twenty dollars and for like the ideal.
Speaker 2: C R two. I wanted it.
Speaker 4: Oh nice, didn't get myself bring it down the stairs either, that's great.
Speaker 1: That's especially important. We have an email about an injury actually, and oh we'll get to that. How's everyone else doing other than getting their heart broken by John Cena?
Speaker 4: That was pretty I had a good weekend.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you you had a little trippy trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know how much you can share about it. I don't want talk about quite a bit.
Speaker 5: She was like, like, I was never made me signything orthing, but yeah, I was at Epic Universe, the U, the very new the part that Universal has opened in Orlando. It's not really opening for their two months. This wasn't even media previews or anything like that. It was employee previews. A friend invited me to join the group. They can thank you, they can thank you. So it was this incredible experience. I got to go on Saturday and Sunday. This is the park that has the very big super and tended the World so been the one in Hollywood. It's just you know, much bigger in scale. And you know they have the Mario Kart ride. It's it's better there too. The field of view on the ar.
Speaker 2: Okay O cool.
Speaker 4: So they're still like almost like the Tiger r Zone you guys that Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's better there.
Speaker 5: There's like an extra gift shop, there's more of those little games to play.
Speaker 4: But you have two other rides here.
Speaker 5: You have the Yoshi Ride, which is this cute little thing where you board these Yoshi's and I'm Dan you would love just going into the line is like so cool, all these references to Yoshi's Island, walking in there, immediately playing the the stage like song, you know.
Speaker 4: I was like this is good.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 5: What Yeah, yeah, Yoshi's all like Yoshi's and there's it's a cute little ride with all these little like it's even in the interactive element there is like it's a little bit like Disney Junior, like can you find the eggs? I click the button on your car because it's you know, it is a kid's ride, but lots of Yoshi's Island references and I was on a green one Hero Yoshi.
Speaker 1: Of of course, Yeah, mikey did you get to try any of like the the new foods they were teasing, like that that weird hot dog.
Speaker 5: With Dorito's, so like, you know, very early previous, so a lot of food stands weren't open yet. I did pop into their Told Sou Cafe. Even that's bigger, a lot more seating in there. The highlight is the whole Donkey Kong Country section.
Speaker 2: Not just the The whole section is the whole.
Speaker 5: You go through this tunnel and you were just suddenly in Donkey Kong Country. Monkey's playing is to the rights, and that's where the merch is.
Speaker 2: Is there?
Speaker 4: Any is funky there?
Speaker 2: H walking around will be baby? No baby not there?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, sorry, I think just DK is going to be a walk.
Speaker 5: Rammy's there. There's a game you can play with some bongos to summon Rammy. The rhinoceris, which is fine. You can collect the Kong leaders with your power up band they have for the four letters hit around the park.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But then the ride is this mike cart ride and just the facade of it is so cool because there's this giant waterfall. You see the mine carts like the ride going through one of those giant barrels and shooting over the top of it, and like the whole ride system. If you haven't looked into this, it has a kind of fake rail that it looks like the cars are on, but the rail is actually much lower than that.
Speaker 3: So when you're on the right, does all this neat stuff with misdirects, like.
Speaker 5: Oh, you're almost like it looks like you're gonna hit something, looks like the track's gonna go this way, but actually you're gonna jump the track.
Speaker 3: And things like that.
Speaker 2: Really cool. The line has a Krikey Kong animatronic. Oh cool, talks to you and he's talking to squawks the whole time too. What what's what's the accent they went for?
Speaker 5: He does not sound like the movie version, just kind of sounds like an old man. And I think it's a better sound for it, Okay for sure. Yeah, So, but just like just standing around there and vibing and Donkey Kong country was so so amazing being on the ride and when you're outside just get these great views and it has synced audio on the ride and it's just playing Donkey Kong country music that sounds so freaking good. So yeah, I loved the Donkey Kong Country coaster, and I'm a bit of a wimp with coasters. This was definitely a mighty size coaster was still pretty good for me to do. But there's just so many elements and thematic things to it. I won't get, you know, any big spoilers about those moments, but yeah, that ride ruled.
Speaker 2: But then god, there's three other lands.
Speaker 5: There's a dark Dark Universe is the classic Universal Monsters.
Speaker 2: It looks so cool and pictures so cool.
Speaker 5: The ride there is kind of like the Harry Potter and Forbidding Journey ride. It's that seem system, but just on crack and way. It like way more animatronics and less screens, so it's just so freaking.
Speaker 2: Amerse cool and cool.
Speaker 5: How to Train Your Dragons section that is like the big Sleeper hit, so beautiful, so pretty. There's a there's another coaster there. It's a bit more intense, but still relatively family friendly. There's like a Broadway style thirty minute show thing, all sorts of beating greets. They got a guy who sounds so much like Hiccup that I think it's just Hiccup. I think they they found the computers to just make cartoon characters reel or something.
Speaker 4: He's done a fantastic job.
Speaker 5: There's another Harry Potter section, of course, and this it's funny because it's Paris. It's seemed around that one movie nobody's saw. But of course they did a very very very good job with that. That was the one ride that wasn't open, but we walked through the queues.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 5: But yeah, not to pimp another podcast, but I go into a lot of detail on this on a new nineties Disney that should be going up today.
Speaker 3: So uh but yeah, look, incredible time.
Speaker 4: There were a Harry Potter movie that people didn't see.
Speaker 5: Beast movies, No, there you got damn Yeah. They made they made like new ones that were prequels.
Speaker 2: That's when where they explained why the Wizards didn't help defeat Hitler.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they had their own Hitler that smoked out of a skull hookah, right.
Speaker 2: And it would have been worse if they had stopped Hitler. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Shoot, Hitler exists in Harry Potter.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, and shoot Rolling wants to tell you why it's okay that he was around.
Speaker 4: I see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good movies, Bobbies in the one. Yeah they do. Yeah, there, they're a hell of a thing. Five minutes ago on this podcast, Dan said the Tiger R Zone and we were all just like, yes, we know that thing. We're all very old men, and I just no, no.
Speaker 4: Let me guess something. Grub you instantly knew. Instantly, Jan, you don't, but you were just letting it go and Mike with some jostling, you remember it is that correct? No, I immediately knew what you were talking about. Oh okay, okay, Jan, do you know the Tiger R Zone?
Speaker 2: Tiger R Zone? It sounds familiar.
Speaker 4: I had the Virtual Fighter one.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I've seen this, but I'm not old.
Speaker 4: I for Christmas once. It was the main thing I wanted because I thought it was gonna beam just like I thought it because in the pictures you would see somebody every kid looked so jazz to be playing in the magazine and they would have like lasers shooting into your eyes, and but you especially wouldn't really see a lot of gameplay stuff in these ads. So I just assumed it'd be like I'm in Virtual Fighter if I get this thing, And then I got it for Christmas, I demanded on the way home from my grandma's house that my mom stopped at like a Walgreen so I can get a billion AA batteries and I can set it up. And it is a little handheld like licensed Tiger things that are just like there's like two buttons and it just sucks ass. It's that, but it's red wireframes projected on glass in front of your face and you look.
Speaker 1: Like a little dragon ball scouter. Almost.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is the most dragon ball scouter thing.
Speaker 4: I kind of I guess I didn't appreciate that back then. Yeah, yeah, it sucked it.
Speaker 1: Speaking about getting old gents, Oh yeah, we'll get into the podcast. Why the fuck did I wake up this morning with intense lower back pain? And then it took me like an extended amount of time to roll out of bed and think.
Speaker 2: Maybe I can't go to work my back hurts.
Speaker 4: If there's any solace I can give you about this, it's just the fact that at some point, sooner than you'd like, it's not going to surprise you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like it just becomes a friend. You can name the pain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your day, Oh it's not a hand lower back day.
Speaker 5: I talk to you guys about how I need to get to like Disney shape or theme park shape, like I have like a regiment two months out like this. This trip came together very fast. It was like, oh, right, I got to be there this weekend. I did not get to get into the.
Speaker 2: Parking ranke right.
Speaker 5: Some might say I am in the worst shape of my life.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Was hurting black bloh bah by the time I got home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my let's ankle just left ankle hurts so much, Like I should get that looked at.
Speaker 2: You gotta get back on the roids. I think, no help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because y'all were talking about during records Roulette yesterday about deadlifting.
Speaker 2: Was that yesterday? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think yeah.
Speaker 1: And then I was seeing like, yeah, I can deadlift a lot. My lower back is super strong. And then this morning Karma fucking yeah punched me in the lower back and was like, no, no, no, you're old now.
Speaker 4: And then the frustrating thing I'm getting older too, is there's a lot but it's like I'm training for a marathon this year, and it's like as I'm starting the training recently and stuff, and I'm just like, why the fuck did I wait until I was forty to start training for marathons like I was twenty once I came back. Then I was not working out at all. I was just drinking and eating garage when my body was at the most ready for this type of stuff. Now I'm fucking forty and I really have to take precautions.
Speaker 2: And it was really training to be old and out of shape back in the twenties. Now I'm training to be kind of like I was twenty maybe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Hey, if you're twenty something out there, take take advantage of becuse that's the most old guy thing ever, like you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, I mean, you know, I'm only I'm only twenty five, so I got a long way yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh no, now I'm lying about my age.
Speaker 2: I have old.
Speaker 4: You should get a see her t Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Do really want to see her. My problem is I want a CRT vc R combo.
Speaker 5: I want to Yeah, I have one of those. It's my childhood one. I don't know how great it's running these days.
Speaker 4: I still have it.
Speaker 1: I just because I just want to pop some tapes into it and just you know, do you.
Speaker 5: Shared all these VHS tapes you got Dan And I'm like, oh, he's leaving. But I'm like, that's that's the one road I cannot possibly travel. I can't get into VHS collecting now, that is just so much space taken up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to have like twenty five of them in like a box in my closet or something like that. I don't need more than that. Damn what he got there?
Speaker 4: But so well I did. Also when I bought the TV, they had a billion great VHS tapes from the nineties that were a dollar apiece from there. But no, it's not the best. These are ones I bought separately. I forgot what show it was on where somebody told me about the existence of these. But this is the very best of two Time, which is eighty four minutes of just tool Time episodes with on the back it's just Tim Tim Tim Allen's mugshot from selling coke at airport. Then I also got every Mortal Kombat fatality, every fatality, every animaloty, every friendship, every stage fatality. Uh, just in a row. So I can just start nice looking boxes like these are just like the right, These are new, these are custom made. Yeah, these aren't official products. No, No, that's that's yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I can't I can't venture down bespoke. I know, I'm like VHS to see what happens.
Speaker 4: I should put over the actual store because it. Yeah, they do good work for sure.
Speaker 2: That's really cool.
Speaker 6: All right, everyone else is doing okay, everyone else is fine.
Speaker 2: Before we get into the.
Speaker 4: Pod, No Good Tapes is the name of the Etsy story.
Speaker 2: No good Good.
Speaker 4: They do a ton of and they also take like modern like alien romulus on VHS, like that type of stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cool. Probably deeply illegal, but very cool. So check it out, oh real quick. Before we get into the actual pod, shouts out to no Jason Finelli Joey Famelli from testa dot com names are too close to each other forgiving for sharing his pizza dough recipe with me. I made a pizza over the weekend. Ovens are weird, huh Yeah. Yeah, Like I'm just putting a baking steal into it.
Speaker 4: I was literally think of this yesterday too, because I realized I'm now at the point where I do definitely know the difference between a stove and an oven. But I still was troubleshooting my stove yesterday and typed in oven, so I'm still working on it.
Speaker 2: Look, my opinion is it's weird that there's a box in your house that can get up to hundreds of degrees. Like, if I think about it that way, yes, ovens are weird. How did you mean it, Jana Choa?
Speaker 1: I meant it as in using a baking steel, which is pretty much a sheet of metal. No st Okay, Yes, I didn't, yes anyway, and then.
Speaker 4: You up.
Speaker 3: I went off kilter from that.
Speaker 1: The age is catching up to me.
Speaker 7: The first thing to go, Yeah, I'm Benjamin Buttoning through this podcast, and the instructions on the baking steel were crank your oven up hella hot hot as it can go, and leave that ship in there for an hour.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, okay, all right. And then the instructions were when I'm ready to go, when I'm ready for pizza, time to throw the pizza onto there, but switch to the broiler because the pizza steel is so hot at this point that it'll cook the bottom with the residual heat. And that's insane, that's scary, that's crazy, scary.
Speaker 4: Just throw them out, dynamics it.
Speaker 1: Just like, I, why is there on top of this hot box in my house that can reach hundreds of degrees. Like Grub said, now there's a sheet of metal in there that's like terrifyingly hot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's scary. And like I don't know if you're this might just be like an ADHD thing or something. But like when my head is just always in a like I can see myself and I've done it before, just thinking of something else and like grabbing the pan out of the oven or grabbing out the stovetop when it's like I don't even think about the fact that it's unbelievably hot.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm usually not in that situation, but I definitely am in the situation where I might left the oven on. That oven's been on for two and a half hours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I yeahing with that.
Speaker 5: There's definitely Thanksgiving that I went to where I had to cook the rolls and I got to like the how, and I was like, I am pretty sure I did turn the oven off.
Speaker 4: Was like even go back, Like yep, sure enough, man, I impressed the ship out of myself yesterday. I hungry, Yeah, because it's like I just I threw a chicken in the souvid and I'll do that and then I'll like see what I have around and what I could do with it, Like I'll make some potatoes or carrots or whatever. I took the chicken out, I seared the chicken I threw. I chopped up some onions and roasted some onions in there with some canola oil. I put some avocado in there, some greens I made. I made a couple of cups of quenoa uh, and then cheese tortilla strips, some avocado ranch sauce. I made this fucking like Southwestern bowl with chicken and quinoa and roasted onions and ship and it was good as hell. And it wasn't like recipe. I'm just like learning how to do this stuff.
Speaker 2: You're just jazzing over the styling.
Speaker 4: It was so good.
Speaker 2: Sometime I was like, I made this.
Speaker 4: I just came up with this. This is great.
Speaker 2: Now. Do you think turnips would have improved it?
Speaker 4: It's impossible to know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, one, No, it could for sure, that's true. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, Well, we're gonna switch things up on the podcast today and we're gonna star ared with the news Dar.
Speaker 2: I wasn't torn about this, I said right before we went up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was been distracted as okay, Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, fair enough. I can read the news, and I'm gonna do so right now, let's get through some of these headlines. But as does Oblivion, Unreal Engine five remake could be releasing sooner than you think. Rumors and have been, and a bunch of corroborated reports suggest a fully remade Elder Schools five Oblivion by Virtuous, which is the same team that is doing that Metal Gear remake Meddle Gear Solid three Delta. Uh, they're doing it unreliged five. That could release as soon as May or maybe through the end of June, so we'd probably have to hear about it soon and then this thing could pop off like a month later, maybe two months after that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, this rumor has been going around for a while that this game existed. It's kind of been an open secret. Every once like, yeah, that's that's happening, that's real. They still not ever acknowledged it publicly, so we're kind of waiting for that to see what it even looks like. But at this point, just get announced the next couple of weeks and then launch right after that. You guys looking forward to an Oblivion remake in Unreal Engine five.
Speaker 1: I never played Oblivion, so I feel like this would be a good way to finally check that out.
Speaker 4: It's really good. It's maybe my favorite one of those for its time, I think.
Speaker 2: So, Mikaia.
Speaker 5: You know, it's it's pretty equivalent to Skyrim in a lot of ways. It's an uglier game than Scarram for sure, and this will hopefully help with that. But the quest design is really really cool. I think, you know Skyrim and it works. It is a lot of snow, right, there's a bit more biodiversity here for you know, if it's not biodiversity, but to look at one landscape constantly, I'd rather look at grassy fields than jef snow. But yeah, things like the Thieves Guild quest whatnot or very memorable here. The expansion for it, Shivering Aisles, was very very good, So that content will be amazing to see. Had Patrick Stewart in the beginning that was yeah, yeah, yeah, I remember looking this game quite a lot. I think it'll be really neat to see what's a remake of it can look like. It'll just you know, it'll be interesting to see a Bethesda game running in Unreal How does that work?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think that's kind of there's more to that, right. They're probably not just doing this because this is the way this one study wants to do things. They probably are considering the future of Bethesda Games and maybe should we be making these games and Unreal Engine five? Is that even possible with that translate? So they're probably gonna figure out some of that together with their work with Virtue Virtuos. Yeah, well, I believe it's the game for me where it like I'm like, oh, I really just like the sandbox stuff. I'm never gonna play this campaign. I don't care, and I'm gonna I'm still gonna spend one thousand en hoors in here. And the game really kind of came together for me and revealed them like oh, I just like goofing off in these games. It was.
Speaker 4: It was a really good time for it to come out to because I remember like, oh, we have the three sixty and it had a pretty good launch. I know everyone played a lot of like Call of Duty two and stuff like that, but everybody was waiting for that that big game, and I remember everyone saying like, oh, wait for like March or whenever it came out, be like Oblivion's coming in. That's what the fuck is Oblivion? And you know, I'd heard Moro win before, but I also heard all the complaints about it, and they're like, oh, it's gonna be like that, but way better. And it was my first dive into one of those big kind of like Western RPGs, and I one hundred percent of that game got ever achievement, like love love, love of Oblivion. So I'll play that again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, looking forward to it. Apparently March twentieth, two thousand and six is the release dates.
Speaker 5: I remember because it was like this, It was very close to what kedom Arts two came out, and I was very much looking for to Keeno Arts two and my brother Adri was very much looking forward to Oblivion. And actually it was years later when I finally did play Oblivion. I was too fulk I had years to worry about Kingdom Warts two instead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it took you that long to decode the story at that point. That back then the story was the no never.
Speaker 3: Mind just starting to go up. The rail was a bit with ude is starting.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Uh, Chat reminds me, says that March with Oblivion Fight Night Round three and Gras was so awesome. Man, that here are those three back to back to back. It's like, yep, I remember that. That month was just like, oh, this is the three sixty, like the face ship on Fight Night Round three, the just egregious. It was so good.
Speaker 2: And also it's like it was much more video game monoculture back then, because I would like listen to one up yours and maybe so they would talk about all those games. Then I would go turn on the Xbox three sixty and every single person on my friends list, yeah, forty to fifty people. Everyone would go from the one game to the next game together. Yeah. Everyone was just going from like grawl into oblivion and it was like, okay, so we're all just gonna go talk about this now.
Speaker 5: And then there were gas that were like that, like Prey was one of those. The first Lost Planet was one of those. For maybe even the first Dead Rising.
Speaker 4: Yeah Rising was huge. Yeah. I never got in the Lost Planet.
Speaker 2: It did either. Actually me, I tried a couple of times. I thought it was weird becase I'm like, this doesn't do anything for me.
Speaker 1: I liked it a bunch. I liked running around in the snow, and I do I did.
Speaker 2: Get like I was looking into it the other day. I'm like, could we play a cooperative lost planet uh today and see what that looks like. I'd be curious just to check it out.
Speaker 4: Are we all collectively just entering the age of three sixty nostalgia? Because like, between all these lists we've all been making lately and now we're all getting jazz. I'm just talking about memories of three sixty?
Speaker 5: Is that the star spot for There wasn't a time where it was like, considering the Xbox three sixty a retro console is crazy, yeah.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, that's not crazy. Yeah, yeah, yeah, twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean I think it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. You know, we're GameCube? Was it like the black hole of like a retro game nostalgia for a long long time? And I think we're just getting over the hump of like that. It's taking up all the oxygen out of it.
Speaker 5: It's interesting though, because like I don't think there's gonna be a giant xboxery sixty collecting scene because one of consoles signed Portley and Break a Lot and you know, like you get Xbox three sixty, what does that look like?
Speaker 4: What do you want?
Speaker 3: You want blades right, and you're gonna plug it in.
Speaker 5: Maybe you're gonna get avatars and that's super clean, white and all. So pretty much all of those games are just on PC and are cheaper and look better. So it's you know, collecting for three sixties kind of weird.
Speaker 4: That's funny. Like I always found the like Nostalia sweet Spot with the audience and just us is like always about you know, fifteen to twenty years behind, because I remember when I started the game and Former in nine. You know, it was like all the retro stuff I was doing on replay to start was like S and E S stuff. You know, it was like a lot of links to the past and things like that. In a couple of years, then I start realizing that, like oh man, when I started doing like Mario Party videos and like in sixty four stuff like those are really blowing up. Those are doing great, and like five years ago, you're right, GameCube was definitely a big thing, and now it's like I do kind of feel like we're moving into that three sixty era, you know.
Speaker 2: Yep, absolutely, I mean I think we could uh do like an Xbox Live Summer of Arcade stream, like play a bunch of those games, and I bet that would hit.
Speaker 4: Those for a lot of time. Write that down. I got on Misplosion man.
Speaker 5: Okay, hey yeah, oh he's going to play on a Commando rearm Oh good one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not the hot one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We should do Love More Trials Trials too, Yes, and plus I love plus plus.
Speaker 2: Yep. We could do a pac Man Championship Edition DX and just tournament or whatever. Yeah.
Speaker 4: People won't shut up about Wick in the Fable of Souls.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah, I can't well walk five steps out of my house without being assaulted about that.
Speaker 4: Game Shadow Complex. Oh yeah, we have to do it. Yes, let's do maybe Okay, yes, yes, yes, I'm writing that down.
Speaker 2: To appreciate that summer, our summer of summer.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'll do that for records. Let the money, I'll take a look at that would be okay.
Speaker 2: The first portable Xbox could reportedly hit shelves this year. Microsoft has uh reportedly worked with a sus on a project called Project Canaan. I'm gonna say Canaan. I'm not sure if that's exactly how to say. It's not Keenan. Apparently there's no there, uh Canaan aimy for a unified library of Xbox and PC games. Uh, basically is gonna do the hardware. Microsoft is going to tell them what they need from the hardware and then do the soft for environments, so the OS, the interface, all that stuff. They're bringing back Blades hopefully for this. But yeah, this is the kind of thing where it's like, I think they might still make their own hardware separate from this. This is the quickest way to just like get something out there and solve the biggest problem with PC handhelds, which is the interface can be cumbersome sometimes, and Microsoft's acknowledged that. Phil Spencer's talked about that repeatedly, So them like, you know that they have a team inside they're trying to make a UX experience that actually is fun to use and easy to use on a PC handheld and sounds like they're going to launch a product focused on that this year. You guys, like, how are you feeling about your handheld PCs right now? And do you need an Xbox one.
Speaker 5: It's a little bit weird, Like I'd like my Asis rog Lax quite a bit still, but I also am like, Okay, let's see what the switch to can do. And let's see just how many things get poored. They're including Xbox games anyways, right right, very luckily just show up on the switch to But you know, I'm still gonna be curious what the Xbox thing looks like, even though I kind of expect it to be very similar to a rog ally X yeah.
Speaker 2: And similar and interface to the way the Xbox works, which is, you know, I'm used to that these days, and I'm like, I'm okay with it. I think it's pretty good, but it's not gonna blow anyone socks off to be like, yeah, okay, Xbox UI on a handheld PC. I don't know. Maybe they have other ideas, but I don't know what kind.
Speaker 1: Do you think this is gonna be black black somewhere on it? In my head, I feel like it's gonna be sand Camo.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I just think it's gonna be Yeah, it's gonna be sand Camo.
Speaker 2: It's gonna just have like a big X on it. I've been I've been playing Donkey Kong sixty four, so now every time I think about I don't because I got the N sixty four over here hooked up and I'm like, I I'm like, I hate that game, I think, but I'm I bet it's better than I remember. I just really, you know, there's a hacked version of the of that rom where you could switch the characters out on the fly. He fixes a lot. Huh yeah, and I'm like that. I haven't played that, bink. If I had that, I bet that would fix just about most of my problems with that game.
Speaker 4: It's the backtracking, and yeah, that's the worst part. It's I kind of like to back then. But as someone who has many times in his life been like, I bet it's better than we think it is, and gone back and done a whole series based on it. No, it's got the right reputation.
Speaker 2: That That's kind of where I'm settling in at least like it looks all right. But yeah, Funky Kong and his fatigues in that game always sends me. I'm like, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: I hope everyone at that Antarctic research station is enjoying the copy.
Speaker 2: Multiple times now.
Speaker 4: I'm sure, I dream if.
Speaker 5: They haven't had things yet, Wow, yeah, we don't know. We haven't checked in on one.
Speaker 4: Bottom came out.
Speaker 2: Apple Arcade is getting a brand new Katamari Debossi game, as well as a Space Invaders game next month. This this Katamarry Demassi Rolling Live, as it's called, uh, looks like a full on katamor Katemory game. But it's gonna be locked to Apple Arcade at least for some time. But because it's Apple Arcade, I mean, so it won't have micro transactions. It's gonna be a real video game, like a lot of the Apple Arcade stuff we've gotten before. And I'm okay with this. You know, I have Apple devices. I will probably try to play this on there. But even if I have to wait for it to get on switch to or or PC six to six months to a year later, I'm okay with that. Just happy that Katamari is still rolling along.
Speaker 1: I wonder how they're gonna make the levels given that the King of the Cosmos is now a hit streamer.
Speaker 2: Yes he's a Yes, he's a live streamer. He's a press record with uh yeah live on TV. Yeah, he's a streamer in this game, now, Dan, Yes.
Speaker 4: That's good. I love that. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So it's it's a great point of shame of me that I've actually ever really played any of these games.
Speaker 2: Somehow.
Speaker 5: I don't know how that happened. It looks like something I would like quite a bit. I think you would played. There's got to be a delight club where we make you play this. Oh yeah, yeah, I think it's like.
Speaker 2: The game I got it was PS two, right, I think I got my PS two for this with the hope of like okay, and then I'll get Shadow of the Classes like so yeah, as soon as it was available in the United States.
Speaker 5: That's the best one to play these days. Is they're like a good remaster of like one of them. So I just played it rich.
Speaker 4: The re roll on switch is good. That's all. The first one, which the first one'still my favorite beautiful Katemary is really good too, but.
Speaker 5: About always remember we love katamar we heart Katamorus like that's a neat title.
Speaker 4: The second one on PS two, I was the second okay, okay, yeah, that's first few. We're all good.
Speaker 2: You should play it, Mike, because the soundtrack is crucial. Yeah, you have to have that as a part. King of All Too Cosmas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you got it, you got it. Good one there Mental Thank.
Speaker 2: You PlayStation is partnering with people can Fly on a mystery game franchise. People can Fly, the team that did Outriders and Bullet Storm. They put out a thing for their investors saying, we're working with Sony on as a contract studio on an IP that they own. So it could be an existing IP, it could be a new IP that Sony owns in some way, but we don't know what it is. People can Fly though there's done a lot of contract work on stuff like Years of War, so they you know, they're associated with being the shooter people to make games, you know, the shooting games. What do you guys want them to be working on? Jumping?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get it out of the way now, so calm.
Speaker 2: I think that's more likely than jumping Flashy.
Speaker 4: But he's an astrobot.
Speaker 2: How many socoms were an astrobot?
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 2: Everyone's a so calm if you try hard enough, Like come on, what if?
Speaker 1: And I still haven't played the game, even though I kind of want to. We get a sequel to the Order eighteen eighty six.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I.
Speaker 2: Like that game. I do. I like it.
Speaker 5: I am trying to figure out like what it could possibly be. You know, we're talking about three sixteen nostalgia so you assume PS three nostalgia is probably equally a thing.
Speaker 1: Lair not there.
Speaker 5: But I never cared for Resistance that much or even kills them, to be honest. But you know, maybe those and those are ones where I don't think those original studios are going back to those franchise. They both moved on to kind of bigger, better things. But Mabe, people can fly. I can do something with like a remake of Resistance. I don't know when I say that it doesn't have very much appeal to me, but maybe that's triggering some other people.
Speaker 2: Siphon filter.
Speaker 5: I have a lot of value these days, right, That's the thing. It's like, look you lad of Meal Jumping Flash. But it's like all of these things are almost starting back from zero. So maybe just look at the one that's kind of the is it interesting? Maybe I'm being optimistic there.
Speaker 2: But I mean a little bit, because you know, the pessimistic pessimistic version of this is that they are making a single player campaign for one of these live service games that got green lighted in the last Sure, some bullshit we've never heard of before that we actually wouldn't care about. Like maybe if we put a single player campaign in there. People will care about it, and it's people could fly. They could just do that as a contract job. So I got it. I got to crack the code. Concord.
Speaker 1: That's concord with a campaign. Sure, bring it back, everybody.
Speaker 4: Quick update here as I have been putting together a list of potential xbo A games for a stream on Monday. Okay, here's here's the Murderer's Row. Okay, yeah, I gotta start with Hexakhd the first one. Sure, Dorito's Crash Course, Misplosion Man Trials. I would love to see if we could play that multiplayer Castlevania Harmony of Despair. We can play that, still possible?
Speaker 2: Me and Sean will look into that. Yeah, okay, well maybe Parsec.
Speaker 4: That okay, Geometry Wars, Shrek and Roll Cloning, Clyde Wick, Fable of Souls and Mad Balls and Babo Invasion, Mad all the Stars.
Speaker 5: God, yeah, got a lot of those things were triggering, that's for sure. Miss Explosion Man. Yeah uh yeah, I'm okay, I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a good time. I liked mister splosh Man. I played some misplosh Man. I didn't play all of that. All those.
Speaker 4: And Misplosion Man, right, exactly, that's right.
Speaker 1: I can't believe the credits theme they had for mister Splosion Man is part of the reason why I bought a ukulele. Really, yeah, I can't believe the craziest sence you've ever said.
Speaker 2: No, that makes a lot of sense. Actually, all right, AI upscaling on Nintato switch to is basically confirmed thanks to an updated patent. Really, we we know, we know this thing's going to happen, but there is a new patent that just talks about the AI up scaling solution for the upcoming switch to. The AI upscaling will allow a native five forty P image to output at ten ADP, saving storage space for games. That's not really how that works. Yeah, it's going to make it so that you can run faster, becau it's easier to render out five hundred and forty you know, pixels horizontally than it is or vertically than it is to do ten adp. They're using DLSS. We should see this here pretty soon because that April second reveal is just closer and closer every day. That is how linear time works.
Speaker 4: That is so close.
Speaker 5: I am very excited for that Yeah, I'm curious to see what this looks like, if it's going to somehow apply to like Switch one backwards compatibility or anything like that. Well, I just want to see you. You're saying on Game Miss Mornings on Game Breaking News the other day, Yeah, that you think there's a good possibility Metro Prime Forest talked about quite a bit the switch to Direct.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's what the reporting says now, and also when the hell else would they talk about it.
Speaker 4: I'm coming out this year? That was so good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean, because we're two weeks away, less than two weeks away from that April second event, and they have to tell us what's going on with that game that they've already told investors multiple times this year is a Switch one game? Still? So yeah?
Speaker 5: Right, And I mean, look, you guys are trying to dunk on me a lot, like, Oh, Mike was gonna come out Switch one originally? Yes, but the argument did change to what is it going to be mostly positioned as a Switch one game or a Switch two game?
Speaker 3: And I think jury still out on that one.
Speaker 2: It feels like if it's a big part of this April second event, it's mostly going to be considered a switch to game widely. Silent Hill f's release date may be sooner than expected. It got rated by the SRB. That's that's the story here. This is a thing that happens when a game is about eight to you know, twelve weeks out, you know, not always it could take longer than that. But this is the kind of thing that happens when it's you know, not actually that far away from release. So Silent Hill F could release this year. Did you guys all watch the trailer? I caught up on it. I thought it was pretty good.
Speaker 5: It was it was good, but yeah, it did not have a date, didn't even have a year, So usually I take that as a sign of oh, not anytime soon, even though there was a lot that they showed in that trailer, right, so yes, yeah, maybe they're just being kloyd because they want to save that reveal for the next showing of this, maybe in some larger showcase or just another big drop.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but yeah, it was a good looking trailer.
Speaker 2: Great that the trailer did pop off at like it was a Silent Hill like event, right, like a little show for Silent Hill news. I like, we'll save the date for something else.
Speaker 1: I love how they've been running those events where the producers and whoever's talking about the game is obviously on a set, but they just add so much CGI fog to everything.
Speaker 2: Right, PlayStation has formed a new studio called Dark Outlaw Games with Call of Duty Zombies lead Jason Blundell. Sony has launched a new first party studio with Jason formerly of Treearch and Deviation Games. Deviation was that other studio that Sony was working with, I think closed down after like the game got canceled. I can't remember the exact history there, you know me, I can only think about Concord and then Fair Games. Yeah, the studio is working in secrecy for now. By Bloondale emphasized the privilege of establishing a new studio working with Sony. You know, probably probably a shooter game. I don't know. I guess I don't know what to expect from from these kind of partnerships anymore. On the service, right, come on, probably probably, But I mean this is a new studio they're starting right now after the last live service thing didn't work with Deviation, right, So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean yeah, they say they're still committed to it.
Speaker 5: Though, and I bet a lot of them are like, we have to make it work still somehow.
Speaker 2: You're right, it's probably hybrid with like, well, it's a trojan horse to get to something that is live service. But maybe that's not so be so brazen about we're making a live service game. For all those live service game fans out there, they will probably position at publicly a little bit differently, I would imagine, all right, and then just a little roundup of Star Wars stuff. Response. Next Star Wars game is going to be revealed at Star Wars celebration in Tokyo on April nineteenth. That is the one that they're working on with bit Reactor, which is a studio of former Xcom and Civilization veterans from for Axis. It's a strategy tactics game. We haven't seen it before. They haven't really actually even said the name or anything like that other than just confirmed this is happening. So we will get the details about that next month. And then Kotor remake is still in the works at Saber. They've once again reconfirmed that, although you know, Sony has not said anything about it other than taking that trailer off of its YouTube page a long time long time ago. It's the last thing that happened with that, So definitely still some weirdness around there, but chugging along apparently. And then Star Wars Hunters is shutting down in October, and I know you guys were sad about this one. Oh you big Star Wars Hunter's heads.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's us. We were the hunter Heads, the hun guys.
Speaker 2: Just like any Zinga game is what it is, of course.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what was the fucking Zinga game. It was around the time of like some convention, because I remember it was one of the things where like a game came out for phones everybody in the universe was playing. I remember there was one convention or DC or something where it's like nobody could stop playing it. You get to draw stuff, and it was like it was a two player thing, so on a farmville, no.
Speaker 2: Words with friends or something.
Speaker 4: No, No, it's like and I think Zinga bought the studio that made draw something. It was to draw something, that's what it is. I remember that being the biggest thing in the world for like two weeks and then like they got bought off of all that hype and then no one ever talked about it again.
Speaker 2: We should play draws.
Speaker 4: We're being really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, based on the Breu game draw my thing.
Speaker 5: All right, Yeah, well I'm sure to wonder what a Code to or remake looks like, right, because I feel like just a few years ago it would have been like, yeah, let's make it way more like real time combat and things like that. But now we're in a post Bordersgate three world.
Speaker 2: Right, and this is a game code Or was a game based on D and D rules, so yes.
Speaker 5: It was also bio or just like the first two Boulders Gates were. So yeah, you know, it's doing stuff like the invisible dice rolls and and things like that, and it was great and it's still great.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Still I still love playing Codeors.
Speaker 5: So I feel like you go in there now and try to you know, Dragon Age, Veilguard or something like that that might be received pretty poorly. Like it's one of those things where I would be pretty happy just to have a relatively one to one remake with just some extra juice on the graphics. I don't know if that's the scale that they're thinking of. Boy, yeah, that's that seems like a very difficult project.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I Code Tour is another series that escaped me as a youth, and I'd love to circle back and check Tour Jan Tour jantor Code.
Speaker 4: Nights, Knights of the Ochoe of Public.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, I love saying code.
Speaker 4: But it's good. It's a good, very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Although I think a few episodes ago we changed it to no. Yes, I was not.
Speaker 4: I was not okay with that.
Speaker 1: The majority, you know, well, sorry, here that's how it goes.
Speaker 2: But a couple other things that I did not put his headlines here. The Analog three D has been delayed. I've been told repeatedly, well, I guess it's coming out in July. Now. I have not actually like tracked down the announcement here, Dan, what did it say?
Speaker 4: I just saw people in the chat saying it.
Speaker 2: That's what all else?
Speaker 4: Am I going to play Nintendo sixty four games?
Speaker 2: I know, right, it's impossible.
Speaker 4: I don't have forty devices in this house that I'm including numerous Nintendo sixty fours.
Speaker 2: Uh? Dan, say, did your four K CE arrive from retro?
Speaker 4: I've been watching. I've got a tap open with the fucking tracking and it's in here. Did you get proved through customs?
Speaker 2: And now?
Speaker 4: Which is a labels rated and it's it's.
Speaker 2: In this country. Yes, it's yes, that's all DHL has it. So I'm like, I think DHL is pretty quick. I'm expecting to get it soon. But I broke down and got this thing. I was like talking myself out of it all day when they went up for sale, and then I think Sean was like, did you get one? I'm like no, And then as soon as I said I wrote no, I think I went and bought it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They're strong men with good self control. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The iron Will is how they described me. Yeah, it's okay. This the the Analog three D is in the TENO sixty four using the FPGA stuff that they do. Uh. And it's supposed to come out early this year. Now it's coming out in July and it still says out of stock. So if you want to buy one and you were like hoping the first run would come out so you can get into that second wave, well that's probably gonna be much later as well. I wonder if they're like gonna get hit with tariffs if they keep delaying this thing.
Speaker 4: That would be well, they can't have charge this at this point, can.
Speaker 2: They can't charge? Yeah? They can't charge it's more. No, that's right now, but they could charge even more to that second round of people to like get it back on the back end, so they all have to pay our taxes for oh jeez. And then the other thing here. Warrior sixty four posted that Kroc Legends of are you?
Speaker 5: I thought we were doing such a good chack chack cat bussing this one.
Speaker 2: I want to be like, stop telling us about Kroc. We're not talking about Kroc on this show. You came in, you cowered. Kroc Legends of the Gobbos releases April second. I could I mean honestly that this could overshadow the switch to announcement Mike.
Speaker 4: We have to talk about it.
Speaker 1: What if it's a launch g Yeah, right, but they make it a yosh again?
Speaker 2: Do it arguing on? All right, there you go, everybody. Now that we've talked about Kroc, we get in the news segment. I can hand it back over to Giannachoa.
Speaker 1: I understand that there is a palpable yearning for Kroc. Everyone for the Crocs, yearn for the Crocs. We yearned for the Crocs, but please please keep it down, keep it satiated. Who is you keep calm.
Speaker 2: Who was telling us about the plot of Minecraft? Where was that happening? Did you hear about the child Minecraft in the Minecraft movie? The Minecraft movie movie.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna assume it was NICKI is it Nikki if someone explained like the children literally yearned or there's like Jack Black's character as a child.
Speaker 5: In the movie, you're literally yearns for the mind. He says that in the trailer. That's how the trailer. Don't as a child, I yearned for the You saw Sonic three. There's no way you didn't see the Minecraft movie trailer of those Sonic three is incredible.
Speaker 2: That movie. I've watched Reily three times. That the Dragon Ball. It's so nuts, Like there's and there's like chow jokes and stuff. Yeah, it's a good time, Okay, fair enough from the mines whatever.
Speaker 1: Hey, they've been yearning and we've been keeping them away. Maybe it's time to throw them into the mines. Folks.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Have you seen like just the like the toys for the Micrap movie And it's a.
Speaker 1: Really weird Jack's kind of an old dad now, like it's like kids are what it's my Steve, I kind of wanted just so I have like a Jack Black action figure because that's fun. Yeah, I'll put him in like a little Loocha door mask for not your leap.
Speaker 2: I'll give my little guitar.
Speaker 4: Hey, Mike not eve groaning about this neck like he's above it. Meanwhile, if someone, if Jack Specific came to you and said we want to make a mitcht Tookto action figure, you wouldn't have the greatest fucking thing that's ever happened.
Speaker 2: All the kids would love that, man, that'd be you know.
Speaker 5: It comes with costumes of you put me in my Roebook co Ops ship, Mike mcquanchi ship. He's already talking about all the customization. You can make it your own.
Speaker 4: You can wind it up for raincour Rainforest Cafe action.
Speaker 2: The Kung Fu grip.
Speaker 4: It comes.
Speaker 1: It comes with one of like the little squeezy tube things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I went to Etsy and I typed in Jack Black Action figure expecting to find a bunch of like custom made ones, and there's just one of Eddie Riggs from Brutal Legends that's been three D printed and that's it. Wow. Cool.
Speaker 1: I guess all right, all right, folks, we're gonna go uh it, look in depth into action figures and see how we can mass produce our own Mike Tolkoto figure. So look forward to store do Giant bomb dot com soon and will be back with some games talk right after this quick shirt. Ooh dogs video games.
Speaker 6: It's almost like we strategically planned doing the game segment second to meet an embargo on time. Specifically, Assassin's Creed Shadows is now out.
Speaker 4: Yes, I have been playing this quite.
Speaker 2: A bit, And okay, Dan, we don't. You don't have to immediately jump into hit. We know you hate Assassin's Creed. Say that you just said that you you never liked an Assassin's Crew. I listened to you, like to you like two right?
Speaker 4: Two was fine? I played it. It's the only one I beat. I feel like I've started almost all of them and immediately gotten bored. This one I expected to be the same. But here's the thing, Like the last few, I just didn't even really try because it's like, first of all, I've always thought just the story and the setting were boring, and especially the last one, it's just like that's like or Viking and grease stuff or whatever just looked especially boring, even for Assassin's Creed and then this one. I think it was the setting was kind of like, Okay, I haven't really played one of these in a while, and a lot of the complaints I had, not all of them, but a lot of complaints I had about the series are you know, mine were based on the old old games and now it's moving around the climbing and all this stuff. Like the control scheme is a lot better now, and I'm sure that's something that's like gotten better over the last few games. The setting's cool. The two protagonist things I haven't really run into yet because I've just been the woman so far, and she's great, Like she's just like really just snappy, Like there's something about just like that kind of like almost like Ninja style running around like this is like what I wanted you to feel.
Speaker 2: Like it'ses where I keep going back to with her and with a now a she's very much Tenshue coated. Hell yeah.
Speaker 4: And also, you know I always hated in the old Assassin's Creeds where it's like, Okay, there's a stealth mission and install fail if you get caught and stuff like that, or you know, it's just like this one. You can definitely do stealth, and I have done a lot, and it's fun. It's hell to jump off roofs and stab guys and stuff like that, but there's not a lot of like, oh I got caught, everything's fucked. I mean, you can just fight your way out of everything. And because I do like the combat in this, you can change I know it's not the first game to do this, but you can change the combat options and the stealth options, so you can basically just dumb down the guards and just make it so they're like slower to react to things and everything. So it's like I kind of can feel like I'm having more fun with the stealth because it's not so strict with it. Yeah, it's uh, it's got that whole hideout thing grub. I don't know if you've gotten to that yet or you're kind of like building out your hideout and like kind of your stuff.
Speaker 2: They've just they've done it before. But it's like it really works because the Japanese setting, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, if there's a complaint I have that I've always had by the series is I've always just found it dry and boring in terms of like not having much of a personality, and like, I know they were always trying that old stuff at the Animus and all that shit. I always thought that was just convoluted and boring, and now it's just like, yeah, the cut scenes are just kind of like I don't give a shit about the story at all. They do some like interesting things that aren't just like traditional combat things where it's like, oh, you have to go to this like tea ceremony and you got to like, you know, get a costume that'll fit in with and you've got to learn the different rituals like how to rotate your cup during the tea thing. And it actually has implementations during the scenes and stuff. So I haven't been like skipping all the cut scenes or anything, but like I mainly like running around stabbing people and jumping off buildings and climbing buildings and so it's good, and it's like I've been doing it as a podcast game because again, the story is very boring, so I have not minded at all just running around finding stuff and killing dudes.
Speaker 2: So my and I think I'm in a similar about you in in terms of how I feel about the presentation and the story. I think there's a there's just kind of a gap between this game and some other open world games. This one clearly is inspired by mostly Breath of the Wild and a few a few others, but you know, ghost of what's the not Sushima, thank you? Uh? And Ghost of Sushima is is very close because yeah, there's a similar setting. Of course, ghost Sushima I think does a little bit better of just looking beautiful at all times, and this one looks very video gaming, which I'm okay with, Like it's not like a huge negative, but it's like it's just not as etheroroughly beautiful as a Ghost was. And then same with Breath the Wild. Breath the Wild is a real good job of like if you kind of get into a flow state with that game and you're just kind of walking around exploring at your own pace, it could just wash over you with its its presentational beauty. Breath of the Wild this game doesn't quite get there. So and the story, as Dan said, you know, the game does a lot of now a upfront where I've not gone back to play the Samurai since the very beginning introduction of him Yas I think is his name. Yeah, So okay, so how many because I'm like five six hours and I and I think that was a deliberate choice to be like, we're going to force you to play as you want the Japanese character. Here's the Japanese character. Go ahead and complaining, because if you can start complaining, it's a one. But whatever, we don't have to worry about those chuds it. I started playing this game as a the tourism simulator, the thing that they've been doing the last couple of games. You could walk around the world and there will be these animous sort of shiny, shimmery objects that if you focus on by holding down the left trigger, it'll be Okay, We've add a new thing to your codex. And I'm like, well cool, I'm never going to read that, but one time, like, you know what, I'm in this neat like shrine, let's see what it has to say. I opened it up. It gave me the history of the shrine, of how people would go up to this this you know, this temple, and they would do this exact thing about Okay, they would bow once and then they would walk a little bit closer than they bow twice even deeper. They would do two claps. They get down on the ground and they're described this thing, and as they're describing, like, Okay, that's that's pretty pretty interesting. I unpause, and then the characters start talking about, Oh, these people are here and they're so disrespectful. They go up there, they don't even bow, they walk on the cinder path like their gods. And I'm like, oh, I understand that now because I just read about it, and it may be like get into this loop of I want to learn more about this world because they've clearly just recreated a bunch of things in Japan, the historical settings, and I got like off of the story beat. I was for a while there. I was just going from one point White waypoint to the next doing fun stuff. The stealth gameplay is fun when you, like Dan said, when you get into a combat after the stealth fails, that is also fun and cool. You feel like a badass. But once I kind of like decide I'm going to have my own fun over here, the game was like ready to catch me with something interesting to do. I'm like, oh, I really appreciate this, And now I'm like exploring at my own pace and moving around. And again it's not as like, oh, you're gonna look at the screen and just be transported to this other world the way Ghost and Breath of the Wild does, but the game differently still has its aspect of kind of capturing my interest. One other quick thing it does the memory thing from a Tiers of the Kingdom. There's like little oh, there's like little pads you go to where it's like and now he's going to have her flashbacks and stuff like that, and it's like, Okay, someone clearly was like, well, can we take from Tiers of the Kingdom anything? And it's like, yeah, you can take that. You're not quite hitting quite as hard as that did, but all right, I appreciate you trying.
Speaker 4: A thing that really got me the other day I was playing was that, like I was just kind of like going off the beaten path messing around, and I saw, like there were some dudes fighting and it's like, I don't know what's going on over here, but I'm just to see who my camera locks onto and kill them. I did, and then I killed one and it did the like dramatic like does this like effect on the screen and stuff, And it took me to my like, there is a thing if you go into the objectives where it's like there's basically a group of people that you need to kill everyone in a circle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very Quentin Tarantino, you know, very yeah, kill Bill style and grindhouse sort of thing. Yeah yeah, and.
Speaker 4: It like crossed out and I was like, what the fuck like that, I wasn't on a mission. I literally just stumbled into a guy that I didn't even realize who he was. And he was one of the like, you know, they're like fifteen to twenty of these people you're supposed to kill as a main objective. And it reminded me of like mercenaries. Remember the mercenaries the Deck of fifty two. Yeah, and you'd just be like on the mountain somewhere and you kill a dude. It's like, oh shit, that was the Jack of Hearts or something that made me think of that, and I was like, oh shit, okay, that's cool. I didn't realize these dudes would just be around the world and like, I didn't know a story would take me there at some point. But I just killed this dude. I was like, oh shit, objective complete, dude's dead, you know.
Speaker 2: And that's really cool.
Speaker 1: I'm hearing some really good things because I did not click with Odyssey at all.
Speaker 2: ADUs is the one that did click with me. I did not click with Valhalla or Origins. Odist is the one I played quite a bit.
Speaker 4: Of people just people kind of forgotten that Mirage happened. Uh, you know, this is is a.
Speaker 2: Side thing, right, Mirage goes back to the original Assassin's Creed style of doing things, Like I did play some miarage, but this is in line with those other three games that would Is it as RPG as those ones? You're a bit hot, Mike, Uh yeah, yeah, it's uh it is very RPGE. Yes, but it's not at am I Dan. I don't think there's colored loot, like there's definitely like late like yeah there is, Okay, okay, there is sorry, yes, yeah, well then yeah, so very RPGE.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it has a lot of different loot and I think it all looks pretty cool. So like when you get something new, it's not just the stat boost and everything, like it reflects on your character. One thing I would suggest if you're playing it is I didn't love the English voice acting. They have a mode called Immersive Mode.
Speaker 2: That's what I've been playing as.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a mix of like Portuguese and Japanese and so it's just like, you know whatever they would have been speaking in those areas. Now, I found that to be a lot more immerciful than yeah, English.
Speaker 2: That's how I've been playing. It works really well. I will you brought the Portuguese. That just reminds me like Shogun deals with similar things that the FX show and that's like, you can't compare this game to like something like Shogun, where it's like, oh, this is a let's take this familiar setting of people in Japan and kind of do something more with it. I mean Shogun, the book is quite old, and there was previous shows or whatever, but it just like does a really job of exploring topics of Japanese culture in a way that we don't typically see in Western representations of it. And this game is very much like now a story is just a revenge story at least so far. Maybe that changes a little bit, but it's so far it's just been all revenge, revenge story, and it's just.
Speaker 5: Not much to that happen anymore. Yeah, please please do something more interesting, and.
Speaker 4: Yes, just do those That's what movies and games are.
Speaker 2: Im like, an exploration of like the Japanese political system and things like that that does happen on Showgain that would be way more interesting to me.
Speaker 4: Oh no, just give me kill Bill every time.
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 4: Give me Zillah so bad because I hate kill Bill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, terrible. The Rogues gallery that you're described in those like those the badass bosses and stuff like that, that is pretty good. Like them, get like here's a bunch of like very strong characters that you're going to get to kill later in this game. I'm like, okay, that is a pretty good motivator for me as someone playing this video game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, middle Gear Solids Starts, Vulcan Raven Giants and Shame and Psycho Manas I'm gonna kill all you motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I basically have all of those in here. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I've really liked it, although I don't have any illusions about like, look, this is the thing I'm playing right now, and I'm sure something's gonna come out in a week or two and that's gonna take all my Actually, I am already playing something that's got my attention more than Asasses, and but I it's all to say I I have liked this. I've enjoyed this. I it's the most time I put into Assassin's Creed since too, So yeah, I'll probably keep messing around with them.
Speaker 2: Yep. I'm I'm gonna keep playing for it for a while now as well. I've been streaming it to the steam Deck. That's been working. They say it's going to be steam Deck verified, but we'll see.
Speaker 4: The US have Connect plus stuff is fantastic with this, yes, because yeah, sometimes I play in here on the computer and you know that runs it and it looks a little better. But then if I go one hundred inch, I just have the PlayStation there and it's been working great there too, So yeah, seamless with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I jump from one PC to the other to be able to play on this this TV. And it's like, you know, it gives you your latest save, right, It doesn't give you like if you have like ten saves, it doesn't do all those, but it gives you your latest one, which is all you want. So I just loaded that up and I hopped right in. You're right, completely painless. It's like, man, Ubi stuff did a lot of work on Ubi soft Connect, this thing that no one ever wants to use except for when it's handy for these cloud saves.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember Prince Persia worked great. I went back and forth all the time, like, yeah, it's great. Also, cutting bamboo in this game is awesome, and there's like big defences and if you roll into it, they all fall down. The physics are really good on watching bamboo fall down. I'm into that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not you know, it's not like maybe ubi Soft's like most interactive game like a far Cry too, but it is definitely like much more alive in terms of its physical interactions than a lot of recent Assassin's creating Ubisoft games, which I'm like, okay, yeah, can we veer back in that direction? That would be great? Yeah, good for you be Soft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like they desperately needed this.
Speaker 5: See, I mean it's what the mediccork. If you care about such things, an open curs like at eighty two and eighty one's that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Actually, I guess I don't know what previous Assassin's creeds off the top of my head, but that's.
Speaker 5: Not like you know about how I got an eighty so actually yeah, or is eighty one so actually yeah?
Speaker 3: Right, seems that certainly in line. But those other recent very very big ones.
Speaker 1: Yep, fantastic. Speaking about other big ones and big releases that everyone is so hyped for. I've been playing another one of those folks, Nubbies. Number Factory is now number Factory, Nubbies Nubbies, what number factory?
Speaker 4: I like her name of this.
Speaker 1: I think the look of this game is incredibly up our alley. It is a pegg like all right, So how it works is initially your board is filled with different little let's just call them pegs.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is nuts.
Speaker 4: This is threes as well.
Speaker 1: Not quite to look at us a lot. It's it's really good. It's only four ninety nine on Steam right now.
Speaker 5: It's early like like flash junk, yes, the good way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very gripping story of if you set a revench story, it's not a revenge story. It's sorry man, I'll then it's a majora's mask story. But instead of the moon, it's the sun. Does it will explode? It does have a face? Actually, yes, okay man. So unlike PEG, where you're just clearing the board, you have a target number and that'll arrange from like all right, you got to get up to forty points or five hundred and as you hit the pegs, you clear the pegs, and you they start with like just the number one on them, so if you pass through them, you clear them. And as you clear the pegs, more pegs get onto your board and they increase exponentially. So if you hit a peg that has the number two on it, it takes two hits to clear, and then as you are progressing through and doing that, more and more the numbers start to combine and increase on top of each other. So say you clear a specific set of pegs eight or so times, it'll eventually add up to sixty four, and then it just keeps going up, and then your target number also keeps going up, and then you have different You have a set amount of lives for Nubby, who you are shooting at the board, and in that same pegal vein you were just aiming and shooting and you were just trying to go for that big, big number. In between some of the rounds, it does introduce roguelike elements where you get to buy an eye him, get to visit a shop, or you have a boss battle that affects the pegs and everything. It's a very interesting look to the game. Like Mike said, it's like kind of hard grunge flash game to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, speaking of that, Jan Chad did just point out check out the website of the developer. I would highly recommend everyone go to mog dog blog dot com. This is perfect.
Speaker 5: What mog dog blog.
Speaker 4: Mog dogs Okay, mog dog blog. This is good mog.
Speaker 1: Dog at least the gentleman on the top banner there he guides you through the tutorial. It's very good stuff.
Speaker 4: About page. There's mog Dog's personal Gmail address.
Speaker 2: Shouts out cool a mog dog play hyper like hyper Light Drifter, hypnop space outli you guys all play a little bit. I never checked it out, checking out if you guys are into this style at all. They just crushed that.
Speaker 1: We need we need a tab on the website now of just fan art.
Speaker 4: Just make our website look like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah for Realsh, yes please, uh it's it's fantastic. I I highly suggest it. If you don't want to partake in a long, big game like Assassin's Creature.
Speaker 4: I want to play. It might be number Machine that gets me off Assassins.
Speaker 5: There's this art gallery page or is this is this what piece of art that's titled p G seems to just be nonsense like it's.
Speaker 1: Almost nice p G.
Speaker 2: There's it's it's p G like a PNG.
Speaker 5: Other piece of artists titled computer game a Man mostly dirty wiring and discernible.
Speaker 2: It's a hole in the wall with wire.
Speaker 4: The options and quit on it.
Speaker 2: That goes into a crawl space.
Speaker 1: That this is good game.
Speaker 4: This is good.
Speaker 1: I think this is one of my favorite recent pegal likes. So Nubby's Number Factory, go check it out, y'all.
Speaker 2: This is a deck game. I'm doing this. Yeah, I'm getting this right now.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what this is, Michael Minatti, but you put onto the list here little Nemo the dream Master. Wow you are that's impressive. Little Nemo kicks ass.
Speaker 5: So after the satisfaction of beating Festor's Quest on the Bike Club, satisfaction, well, you know, there was a little bit of it because it was this game I actually had for the NES back then, and you know a lot of MYNS games I didn't beat. I was pretty young at that point, and yes, games can be usually are pretty difficult, but you know I did that. I had this NES out and I had a bunch of other games that I found from my storage that I brought up and I was like, okay, I really liked Little Nimo the Dream Messer when I was a kid, but never got very far in it. It's difficult. It's a capcom game, so you know, it's good. It's based off this animated movie that came out around that time, which itself is based off of a very old comic strip about this kid who goes to sleep and he answers this dream world. Yeah, it's just really fun two D platformer where there's a bit of a kind of Kirby element to it, where you find some enemies, you can feed them candy and then you jump on them and you start riding them or you turn into them, so you see a b and all of a sudden you can fly, or there's this kind of chameleon thing and you can walk.
Speaker 4: Up walls, that sort of thing.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I just took like three and a half hours managed to play through the whole thing. You know, it's difficult, but there are continues. The last level is very long, and there's multiple bosses. When you die, you go back to the beginning. So that one took a little bit of doing, but still just really fun good boss fights at the thing because like at the very end, you finally get a weapon to attack with. Otherwise they're mostly avoiding things or maybe some of those animal abilities let you attack. Then like towards the very end, you finally get this staff that you charge up and it only shoots like diagonally, but you know, the bosses are kind of set up for that.
Speaker 4: So it's just.
Speaker 5: Really really good encounters, great music of course because it's Capcom. Yeah, just felt good beating another one of those childhood NYS games.
Speaker 4: I never got to go all the way if you feel like for me, it was always a rent in game genie game, you know, yeah, like I really loved it. I love the world of writing the little like a feeding candy to the dinosaurs or whatever. But way too hard, but uh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess, yeah, it's pretty difficult, but it was, you know, so it was satisfying to go through it, and there was something satisfying about going through it on the shoot hardware and not you know, even when I plan a rom and I don't use the same states, it's always something about the possibility of them somehow taints the experience. It's mind you that you got your.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks, no problem.
Speaker 2: Thanks sorry for sending out the twenty six hundred plus.
Speaker 3: I hope that was one of the ones that had to be dug out of the lane fill.
Speaker 4: Sure, pretty good condition, Thanks for that.
Speaker 2: Damn it.
Speaker 4: Buried in my backyard until tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Oh god, but yeah, it was all fun. There's so a couple of other childhood any yes games I maybe want to play through?
Speaker 2: Yo nooy? Is that the yeah.
Speaker 5: Nooyd never finished it For kids who don't know, Capcom had a completely different side scroller that when they brought to the US, they rethed it to the mascot of Domino.
Speaker 4: Of course it was a better time. It was a better time.
Speaker 2: Yeah everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, so yeah, it's this game you play is the noise. He's got a He's got a yo yo of course, which is making me think of the mount rushmore of characters who attack with yo yo's because the.
Speaker 1: One guys, God bless the Ring Star.
Speaker 5: Topics, uh huh Star Tropics and uh earth Bound for for sure that that Penny's Big Breakaway came out.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, big.
Speaker 2: Yi yo, big yill yo. There's a new one that just got announced, the two D game that had a yo yo and I can't remember what it was, though.
Speaker 5: Yo fun to with techniques of Yoyo's apparently very true. I got decent with a yoyo one plan in my life. I need to get a yoyo in like nineteen ninety eight where they were kind of big again. Yea the spring right, yeah, walk, I could do the Eiffel Tower gimmick and all a yeah, yeah, got.
Speaker 2: Okay, And then I don't have any of that knowledge anymore.
Speaker 1: I I traveled in some hot yo yo circles for a minute.
Speaker 4: Oh hell yeah, uh it is.
Speaker 1: It came back in such a way where like just hipster people doing having like yo yo dance circle equivalents on on subway cars was a.
Speaker 2: Thing in college. It was wild. Oh yeah, wow, I'm gonna buy devil sticks right now. Oh no, one's they're forty five dollars.
Speaker 4: What about the David Bowie ball from Labyrinth? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I always conflate those two words.
Speaker 2: GATSI. We should we.
Speaker 1: Should have a power block segment where we just play around with like those things like devil sticks, balls and yo yo.
Speaker 2: I'm okay with devil sticks. I'm sorry, I upset the Catholic boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, isn't that just the thing that they were smoking? And attack of a clone.
Speaker 2: Sticks? Jesus, stop embarrassing yourself.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Dan have a set of devil sticks in his.
Speaker 2: I hope. So maybe it has death sticks. Yeah, no, he's shaking his head.
Speaker 4: No, all right, there's a new well, there's a new thing that I haven't been able to do because my fingers keep breaking. It's the like cut it. It looks like a cup and ball, but it's like, yeah, I think that's it. I bought one of those like a year and a half ago. My fingers have been in various sticks are broken since then.
Speaker 2: You don't touch that. You have et tomorrow, all right, you keep those fingers safe.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure this knuckle is currently broken from when I smashed it in a veggie slicer. I think it's been broken for months without me attending to it.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, fantastic, uh Dan, Right now, you've also been playing Star of Providence and you played this for a little bit yesterday on the website a little bit.
Speaker 4: I want to show it off because I think it's pretty cool, confusing history to it, because I just started hearing about it like now and then you look it up and it says twenty seventeen it came out, but no, it came out of a game called not Mortimer. What do I want to say, Mortimer? What's the game studio that just shut down Lionsoth. The's a lot of yeah, Monolith Monolith. Yes, it used to be called Monolith, and then like Donkey's big Mode publishing thing picked it up and is like bringing it switch and like there's updates and stuff. So I think he basically revived it and the name has changed because of like legal Monolith stuff or whatever. But anyway, it's a Rogue Light twin stick shooter or Each level of the like Rogue Light that you're going through is kind of like a Zelda dungeon where it's like you're kind of going around, you have to destroy these enemies that will unlock the boss door. Going to the bust room, you're you're getting a lot of weapons with different alterations and stuff that are called keywords, and uh, it's it's pretty simple just looking at it, but every room you go into is like a really fun little combat encounter. It's all just really good meaty shots and everything. It's and it works as a rogue light. It'sn't. I've only liked maybe four or five runs in right now, so I don't know exactly all the stuff what's unlocking outside of just the like you got this gun, you got this gun. So as far as persistent stuff, I'm not really sure yet. But it just immediately passes that test of like, oh this this feels good immediately, like like many shoot adventures did to me.
Speaker 2: And it looked impactful, like what everything you were doing in that game? Just like, oh that that looks like it feels good to play. Which, yep, click me over. I'm I'm I have it on the Steam deck now. Got to start it probably tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's a real solid one. I'll probably play more of that.
Speaker 1: Exciting, exciting. I like the look of it. We need more schmups.
Speaker 4: I like schups? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is Itooter come Back should just be a genre that everyone has one of. Every company should make a dual stick shooter. All right?
Speaker 4: Yea, you you heard Jeff Grubb chet says, what if there's a power Block show where Dan went to the doctor, can we expense Like I hear about this medical tourism stuff and it's like, I love the idea of like, just send me to Turkey and then not for the hair gimmick, but for like then you just go into a building and they just put you in a bunch of machines and scanning and everything. They got all sorts of different doctors and stuff, and it's like cheap and good and they just tell you all the things that are wrong with you. Is that a good idea?
Speaker 5: Well, if you find out those things that are wrong with you, then they'll treat them. That's just going to give you stress and anxiety.
Speaker 4: But I want to get treated.
Speaker 5: Oh that yeah, But are they going to do that in Turkey too? Or how are you gonna handle that?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 4: What is turkey teeth? People are telling me to google turkey teeth. I don't don't want turkey teeth.
Speaker 2: I'll do it.
Speaker 1: Is it just veneers? Sounded like he said like frot he'll take the ring there? So how that was the energy I'm going for? Don't google turkey teeth?
Speaker 4: Are they bad?
Speaker 2: It's the you know, have you ever seen like what the teeth look like before you get the Veneers actually applied?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, I know. I don't want I have always wanted all my teeth to just be pulled and just give me fake ship.
Speaker 2: All right, okay, well yes, and then you want turkey teth okay, all right, yeah, the Roman one I have.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna like, I say, I have one turkey tooth because I chipped this one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I got I have one too.
Speaker 4: It's so much cheaper.
Speaker 3: Much she checked this one. Yeah, but a little nub.
Speaker 1: I feel like I feel myself rapidly aging as we were talking about this. Jeff bro Rogue Squadron two Rogue Leader.
Speaker 2: I bought it. I bought a game cube. I've been putting off getting all the real hardware stuff for a real long time, trying to be like I am happy with emulation. I love emulation. I'm not gonna be like like the Steam deck. Having just everything on there, playing games on there is great. But I did get a retro tink four ksesee, and once that kind of clicked over, I'm like, I have the N sixty four and a handful of other things, like a plug in there, a PlayStation one like, but I would probably like to plug a GameCube in there. So I just hopped over to a local use game store got it for about one hundred bucks and picked up a rogue squadron. I did also buy the Flippy drive, which should come next month. Have you guys seen this then? Is that the thing that you're going to remove the optical drive, and so this is the one that it basically does that, but without removing the optical drive can still It's the Flippy drive. It's forty five bucks. It is solderless, so you just all you need to install it is a screwdriver and then you know the special video games the Gamesman screwdriver to get the GameCube open. But you just screw it in. You pull like one ribbon, You put the ribbon in there, and then the ribbon also kind of has another part of it that goes back off to the the optical drive, so that you just like hit one button when you want to use your disk drive. Still, so I'm going to have a fully like kitted out and this thing. It has a wireless chip in there so you can use Bluetooth controllers. They're constantly updating it. They also did a new version of the like, uh, what's the one like swan, what's the one that everyone uses like to like load your games or some whatever.
Speaker 4: That Oh, oh, Swiss, Yeah, Swiss, Swiss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have their like own I don't know if it's a FOURK of that. It's an alternative that uses all of the assets that were built into the GameCube for its menu systems. So it looks like a Nintendo built menu system to get to your video games that are loaded on an SD card. So I'm like, this looks like they really have come a long way with this stuff. So I was pretty happy to be, all right, I'm getting that, and I will install that on a grubs gimmicks and we'll hang out.
Speaker 4: Whoa I need to be on that, just like I would buy another game keep and do that, because like it's rare that I actually want to use a disc, but I would like the ability to exactly Swiss was come for some of a way that like I got it working, but it's like like a lot of these things, you get it working, and then it's like if you want to add a game or take something off or something, it's like, I'm not going to touch this because everything's gonna break if I do that.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm very curious to see how that goes, because I mean, I have three game cubes here, I should definitely try to install this on one of them. So, yeah, I want to see that process, see how that all goes. Yeah, there's you know, I've played a bunch of these consoles into these retro tinks or whatever else or guns, bespoke Hdmi converters for them, But there's still something about the GameCube.
Speaker 4: For some reason.
Speaker 5: I think there was a bit of a reason why that became a bit of a black hole for the retro market.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, cub is still very satisfying to play. Yeah, I mean, it was just this perfect storm of it was Nintendo. Some of the best games from that time all happened on that console. So people who do have a lot of nostalgia. Everyone at least played Smash Brothers at their friend's house, and there was only like twenty five million of them, So if you wanted to start collecting, you had to get serious because there just wasn't a lot of those games out there. So I got one game with it, Rogue Squadron two Rogue Leader, and I've been playing through that again. That was such a good launch game of the game.
Speaker 4: Incredible, Like that looks incredible. That is the trench run in it, doesn't It.
Speaker 2: As the trench. It's the and that was like the demo that I think you could get for the game cube early on if you didn't get the game right away. And I played that over and over and over again. I think it was the first one where they really like went into ILM and got the movie assets that they were using for like the special additions. So they just had the X wing model from the movie and they just reported it into the game. You know, obviously had to simplify it a lot, but they just had the data to work from. So it just looks astounding to this day. A twenty six year old game or whatever his twenty five year old game, and it's it's still like really fun. It gets kind of punishing occasionally, but like you just like look up one trick. It's like, oh, don't worry about the tie fighters here, just fly to those guns, take those guns out, and you can actually beat this level in two and a half minutes. I'm like, oh, okay, so I've been doing that and having a good time. I just I really like all these Factor five games and really happy to kind of be playing this one again on shoot hardware because this is one of those games doesn't actually still run great on Dolphin you can get it, oh running okay, But all Factor five games they were like wizards. They always had their own technology, like Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine on N sixty four is another one that isn't great on emulator things like that. So yeah, I'm like, I'm glad to have Shoot hardware again, and especially when the retro tink gets here, I'm gonna be popping this thing in four K on the TV and I cannot wait for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. This weekend I played a Twist Middle Black to Completion on Shoot hardware and it's like that still looks really good. That's you know, sixty frames a second feels great like that game is. It's similarly punishing but has held upgrade. So yeah, yeah, old games, huh yeah, I like them quite a bit. Yeah they're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Gosh, I may or may not have been looking at Facebook marketplace postings for a CRT this whole time. And let me tell you, maybe it's because of the Bay area and then thrifting culture here, but.
Speaker 2: It is obscenely expensive to get a CRT.
Speaker 4: Well, Jan, if you want to drive out to Minnesota, I've got the nineteen intes trend front here and I don't quite know what to do with that.
Speaker 2: And don't don't search for CRT, search for old TV.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, because if somebody says or do they know what they're selling?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yeah, I've had mostly bad experiences with Facebook Marketplace.
Speaker 4: I have to say I did so much.
Speaker 2: God, I miss the heyday of Craigslist.
Speaker 1: Now I feel like it's it's just like a sketchy thing, every single thing of it. I'm just trying to buy a tripod or a c stand. Last game for today, folks. We play this on upf and boy howdy was it a probably one of the funniest streams I've I've witnessed from this website in a very long time, and we're nothing but funny.
Speaker 2: So this is up there.
Speaker 1: Repo r E p O, Jeff Grubb, Dan Reikert, Uh play this along with Turbo Sean, Nikky, Tam and Lucy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We had a full six member crew go out in Repo, which is a lethal company like. It is one of these company games where you are sent out to collect goods that you return to meet a threshold once you have enough money, and then you can return to the base, buy some stuff, and go back out. Uh. It is a spooky version of one of these. Most of them are pretty spooky ones. Got you know a lot of different monsters that have their own gimmick. Like one was a blind shotgun guy that uses a shotgun as a cane and if he hears you or discovers you, then he shoots in that direction. So it seemed like he was paired up with like a a ghost lady that could see you, and then she would like throw you across the room like you're being pulled like a clay pigeon, and then the shotgun guy, I would bless you out of the air. It was. It's neat really though. It's just all these emergent moments as we try to like figure out, Okay, I'm going to go out here with you and we are going to try to get enough goods so we can go back to the smasher and cash in. At the extraction point, we need a couple of things. They're like, we haven't seen anything, so let's kind of go a little bit further than we've gone than we've gone before. And when we find something, you just don't know what's gonna happen. Is it a moth, Reagan? Is it like a little is it a doll that is going to freak out when you pick it up and start attacking you? And if it does, can you figure out how to get that maybe into the cart that you have with you with your friends, And we came up with a plan. Now, in the process of putting in the cart, she did get like whacked on the ground several times and exploded and wasn't worth anything anymore, so she just went away. But then one time I picked up a music box. I'm like, okay, this is worth like three thousand, this is going to get us work good. But as soon as I picked it up, it opened up started playing music, which would attract let's say, a blind monster with a shotgun. And because it's a music box with like a little spinny ballery on a ballerina on the top, it made it so I could not stop spinning like a crow cura coroa. And so I like try to maneuver my way through the doors, and I passed it off to Sean as he like was going through the door, which actually was pretty slick. That worked really well. Then we got to the next door and it just kept whacking on the doorframe and we couldn't get through, and then finally we did, but by that point the monster came and shot me with a shotgun. It's just a really good time. I think, maybe a really good one of these.
Speaker 4: The thing that killed me immediately was the way the characters look. They're just old Terence and Phillips guys with like flappy heads and like as you talk, the head flaps and like the eyes, like the big googly eyes that look at each other, and it adds so much to the humor.
Speaker 2: The positional audio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Mike, I don't know if you saw what I did. I saw you dead that objectively one of Mike. Yeah, already quiet and I hit him with a.
Speaker 2: Jack pop and a right forest and.
Speaker 4: My little guys flappy head go with that. Oh my god, it's so fucking funny.
Speaker 2: TAM's reactions to it with my favorite part, especially when like the flappy head Dan with the mic voice would be in one room and then Tam would be in another, and so the position audio would just be this muffled through the other room, coming through the wall. Shut up. It was just very good.
Speaker 1: One of the early moments in that stream is y'all figured out you could hide underneath beds, uh huh, And then grub you telling Nikki and Sean to hide underneath a bed, and both of them just talking to each other and looking at you and just like nodding along.
Speaker 2: It's just so good. Yeah, like we were coming up with a plan. And again, the positional audio is like very good in this game. They do it like a lot of great tech with like making the audio bounce around the rooms and have like a really feel like it's in that place. You know. We get in under the bed and we're whispering to each other and I'm like, listen, you know, Tam and Lucy, you're kind of running for their lives right now. They're probably screwed, so we just should just go now and let them deal with the monster and then we'll be able to survive. And then they were like, Okay, maybe they're dead, So here's the new plan. All three of us are gonna have to go out there and whoever's the slowest is just gonna die. And Nicky's like character making their character nod along to me. It was like, like Jane, you said you would watch an animated show like this. Yeah, it was cartoonish. It was It had the qualities of an animated television show, but one that you were performing live. It was really well done.
Speaker 1: There was another moment where Nicki popped into a cauldron and then the cauldron exploded, shooting Nikki off into the sky on the grub. You just found them like laying in a corner, just like smiling, giggling. Yes, it's just really good.
Speaker 2: And the giggle like we'd also mix the head flaps, so you're like like that and like that. Dan did it as well, and I'm like every time they would explode into the sky and I'd look around for them and then I'd hear them off to like the right laughing. I look over and what But Dan was basically alone in the room just laughing to himself. And you just see this little character all like on their side, just going and it's just a very funny.
Speaker 1: I know that the style of games has become very popular, especially with streamers, but I need a Muppet version of this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good call. That would be fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like seeing Kermit's head flapping or like miss Piggy.
Speaker 2: One of these games does have to sort of get on that Fortnite treadmill of a lot of parts ships, because you know, these little robot guys are are perfect I think in terms of like going like going for a certain style of it's always funny no matter what they're doing, because they just look funny and then their heads flapping and all that works. You start putting hats and skins on that, and I think you can maintain a lot of that while also having like, yeah, a bunch of Muppets skins on there would be fantastic.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Uh, what about the fucking Looney Tunes guy. There's the big fuzzy red monster. Was that a Marvin the Martian thing? Yeah, it'd be good. An alien Okay, Yeah, he'd be good stomping around hiding the bedroom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just sweet them bring sweetems in there from Buck the Muppets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, stars immediately, what movie is this movie that came out?
Speaker 2: There's a new Looning Tunes movie.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, yeah, Porky Pig and Baffy Duck, The End of the World or something very good.
Speaker 3: Okay, animated see the animated.
Speaker 1: Oh right, folks, we're gonna take another quick pricky break and we'll be back with the emails.
Speaker 2: Up for this.
Speaker 1: Emails. Bombcastagiant bomb dot com is the email address to send your emails too, right in about any and everything you want to avoid an awkward social interaction. You're standing in line somewhere you want to ask us a question you thought of, a fun quiz or whatever else have you Please send it to BombCast at GiantBomb dot com. We got a lot of lovely emails today this week from the folks at home. The first is a quiz uh. This is pitting Dan and Minati against each other.
Speaker 4: Excellent.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hey Jan, I tried sending you guys a Dan versus my quiz that I made recently, but I sent it the first week Gmail started marking all your emails a spam. So here it is again. Dan has to tell us which characters is from the Lord of the Rings in my cast to tell us who is a member of Wu Tang clan. Seven questions each. Perhaps a punishment could be on the line, might be.
Speaker 4: Kind of busy for fun. Yeah, we can't even throw punishments out willy nilly, Okay.
Speaker 2: They're like a really short game that would be fun. Let me think what you guys.
Speaker 4: Blues Brothers two thousand.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh, that's one of the shortest games I ever played.
Speaker 1: All right, do we want to go back and forth? Or do we want to go dan Dan's full seven?
Speaker 4: Are you gonna give me like a character and you ask me if they're from this or that? Mm hm oh that'll be easy. Okay, Okay, yeah, we go back and forth.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think Dan, you might have this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so too.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, We're gonna go back and forth and I'm gonna present two characters or two names, and you tell me which is the real either Lord of the Rings character or Wu Tang clan member. Okay, all right, Dan, Yes, is it fro Do or Freedo.
Speaker 4: Fro Do is from Lord of the Rings. Freedo is from the Godfather?
Speaker 2: Okay, you got that correct?
Speaker 1: One of Mikenati Uh Inspect the Deck or Inspector Gadget.
Speaker 5: Oh I watched Inspector Gadget as a kid, so uh Inspect the Deck.
Speaker 2: There's no way that.
Speaker 5: There's a Wo Tong song better than the Inspector Gadget theme song. By the way, come on, ah, Mikey, please make that.
Speaker 2: Joke several times and it still upsets my stomach. You please, no, you please? Uh, all right, okay, Dan Yeh Gollum or Golum.
Speaker 4: Gollum is the little grimlin guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, that is correct. Mike Manatti. Yeah, who is a member of the Wu Tang clan. Capa Cola or Cappa Donna.
Speaker 3: Capa Cola is a kind of deli meat. What was the second one again?
Speaker 2: Donna?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Capa Donna must be a member of the Wutan group.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, we're two for two.
Speaker 1: I feel like deducting a point from Mike Manatti for continuously saying Wu Tang clan Wutan group was incorrect.
Speaker 4: He said, okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Number three for Dan Aragon, Eric Gorn, Eric Gorn. Okay, so I see what they're doing there. Uh, because Eric Gorn I've seen in the subtitle of some like PS two games. Aragon is a three six year was a PS two It was like the same basious thing that did not do well.
Speaker 4: So Eric Gorn is the Viagle Mortenson gimmick.
Speaker 2: Isn't ericon like that Dragon book or whatever?
Speaker 4: I have some weird it was? Was it a movie made one? Did they make the game based on I can basically see the poster. It was very dark and like greenish and black and yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought Aragon was the homeschool Dragon book, but I don't know. Okay, No, I think you're right. It was like purple or something. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Next for Mike Manah, Obi Trice or O D B.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, I see what they're doing here. O D B was a t and a restauran. I don't think anybody else remember real name, no gimmicks. Yeah, what was that first thing?
Speaker 2: Obi Trice?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I think there is a woot Tongue member named O B D. Also, Actually that sounds familiar. I'm going to go with O B D.
Speaker 4: Level bastard.
Speaker 1: Dirty Mike, you, I guess you kind of you still got it right, but it is O d B.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got it dB. Though they're all yelling technically get it very wrong because I'm upset.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Number four for Dan tree Beard or buck Beat.
Speaker 4: I know there's a bunch of tree Ship in that series. I'll go with three Beard.
Speaker 2: That is correct.
Speaker 1: Mike Manati, this one's a tough who is a member of the Wu Tang clan. Red Man or Method man Ah.
Speaker 4: That's a good one.
Speaker 5: I've heard of somebody called Method Man before. I've never heard of a red Man, so I believe the answer has got to be method Man.
Speaker 1: You were correct, Mike Manatti. You are the Red Man to Jeff Grubbs method Man. Yeah, oh my god, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Manati was in the Christina aguilara dirty video.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, there is a red Man. You're both now, Yeah, yeah, red Man. He's but he's not a part of the group.
Speaker 4: No, he's just like affiliated, Like I mean, he knows them and.
Speaker 2: Their friends.
Speaker 4: Was Redman that had the MTB Cribs were like like use his doorbell, you had to put the wires together, and he had like golden iceed strategy guides on the ground. I remember watching that and being like, I like this guy.
Speaker 1: We should watch that on a ups Oh god, yo, No, just old Cribs episode.
Speaker 8: Yeah, my god, that'd be the Timey Tall Rico one. Of course, he's there twice a bunch. Yeah, yeah, okay, Mom is proud Dan. This one is harder. Two of these Two of these three characters are from Lord of the Rings. First one, Elf Barra, e Owen, Eomer.
Speaker 4: I think e Owen is either like Kate Blanchett or liv Tyler in the movie so let's go with e Owen and what was the first one.
Speaker 2: The last remaining two elf Barra and.
Speaker 4: Eomer elf Barra and Eoman.
Speaker 2: Partially correct, Dan elf Barra is is not from Lord of the Rings.
Speaker 4: Those last who sounded similar their brother and sister.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, also neither of those actresses that you listed player oh okay.
Speaker 2: From that serious?
Speaker 1: All right, Mike Minatti similar. You get three options, but this time one of them is in the Wu Tang clan. All right, your options are ghost Face, ghost Dog, ghost Face Killer.
Speaker 5: Well, ghost Face is the bad guy from Scream. Uh ghosts. Where are the other two?
Speaker 1: Ghost Dog and ghost Face Killer?
Speaker 2: Boy that that stink on killer? Right? That's uh, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: If I said ghost Dog, would that be different?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Now I'm like, now they both sound good.
Speaker 4: They got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, somehow this is racist?
Speaker 5: Now ghost Dog or ghost Face Killer. I think it's ghost Face Killer.
Speaker 2: That is correct, Mike Manadi. Ghost Dog is Forrest Whittaker. Yeah, ghost Dog, Black Saburai movie. It's pretty good. I'm winning, you.
Speaker 4: Said ob D from the Wotan group.
Speaker 2: You're definitely not.
Speaker 5: What I'm winning for sure. I haven't said a wrong answer. Yet I have not picked a wrong answer yet. Fine, I hazard that ob D was a wrong answer, but now.
Speaker 1: It was technically all right, Dan, you have three options again. Two of these characters are in Lord of the Rings options. Your options are Samuel Charley, sam Wise Gamgee, oh, Fatty Bulger.
Speaker 4: Okay. I think there's a trick thing going on here because Samuel Charlie in Samuel Gange. One of them, sam Wise Gamgee, sam Wise Gangie. One of those I think is the fat kid from Game of Thrones, and the other one is the idiot that was Unlost. Right, I can't help you say, Let's say the three again, Samuel Tarley, I think sam Wise Gamgee okay, In Fatty Bulger, sam Wise Gangie is the annoying guy from Lost and Fatty Bulger.
Speaker 2: That is correct? Incorrect about the annoying guy from Lost? Now it's Rudy.
Speaker 4: Oh well, isn't the annoying guy from Lost one of the Hobbits?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, they all suck, but you know they're all interchangeable anyway.
Speaker 2: I kind of like Bilbo. I thought Fatty Bulger was a gangster. I did not know he was a hobbit. What if I said what if.
Speaker 1: I said, ghost dog, ghost face kill a fatty bulger.
Speaker 2: Okay, so much.
Speaker 3: Better if it was just about some some dude with muscles who had to kill somebody, you.
Speaker 4: Know, you know'd be better if Lord of the Rings was just the Wu Tang clan doing because people are cruel and I want to get behind man.
Speaker 1: That game number six for Mike Manatti. Two of these are members of the Wu Tang clan. One is not three options. You have Rizza, Sizza, and Gizza or Jizz.
Speaker 5: There's Gizza, Jizz was named Gizz, Gizz. It's the other two, not Jizz.
Speaker 1: Mike Manatti incorrect. Is like a lady singer, right, Yes, Sizza is a modern lady singer. Yes, there are both, and there is is a film director, Mike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, worked on the soundtrack to one of your favorite movies, Mike, Which one is that Kill Bill?
Speaker 1: It's Killed Bill?
Speaker 5: A woman gets killed in it. I mean a lot multiple It's not it's nothing. It's I don't it's not fairly a movie like that, all right, it's nonsense, just as a shoot brother. Yeah, So I think both of you are kind of tied right now.
Speaker 4: Actually, yeah, if I i'd be curious if Mike just watched like the gravel Pit video. I wonder if, like, how could you watch that and not be like, these guys seem like they're having fun and that's a cat you too.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's at.
Speaker 2: Them.
Speaker 5: I just have It's not like you where you watch one of the reason dismissed it. I have zero exposure to this.
Speaker 4: I don't think you should just watch the gravel Pit video and I think you would like it.
Speaker 1: Uh maybe, Oh, that's that's also true. The Rizza is on lin Manuel Miranda's new musical soundtrack. Mikey, Yeah, very cool. Okay, all right? Last question is a shoot brother dot m P three Okay, no, not move FASA all right, okay, Dan, Yes, which of these three are a Lord of the Rings character?
Speaker 2: Sharky Bill, the Pony Pippin.
Speaker 4: Pippin sounds lame, so that's probably one of them, unless it Scotty Pippins. Scotty Pippen's cool. What are the first two?
Speaker 2: Sharky Bill, the pony.
Speaker 4: Bill the pony also sounds lame, so I'm gonna go with that. Sharky sounds too cool to being Lord of the Rings.
Speaker 1: Trick question, Dan, all three of them are lord of the Rings?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: So does he get a point? What the heck? You could have messed that up. He got like two and a half or two points?
Speaker 4: Scott, what's Scottie Pippen up?
Speaker 1: Do?
Speaker 4: Now? I just know him from like NBA Jam.
Speaker 2: I think, isn't Pippin the annoying hobbit from Laws? No, he's my favorite character. That's Mary Mary. No, Pippin's great. We love Mike. I think you should take this up with the commissioner. You have been screwed here for sure. I'm sorry, buddy.
Speaker 4: What is this?
Speaker 2: Mike?
Speaker 1: Your last question? Which of these are in? Who of these people are in the Wu Tang clan?
Speaker 2: The better be all of them.
Speaker 5: Let's see too short riff raff, mister f a b riff raff street rats? Don't bye that if only they look closer?
Speaker 1: Ra poor boy? No? Which of these three? Say those again?
Speaker 3: Riff raff?
Speaker 2: And who else?
Speaker 1: Too short and miss the f a bar?
Speaker 4: Okay, the ass is a dollar sign, though too short?
Speaker 2: So dance was all them?
Speaker 3: I bet mine is none of them?
Speaker 2: That is correct, Mike manaia.
Speaker 1: All right, uh Jerry who wrote this kid who wrote this quiz also adds, in the event of a tie, please ask Dan what is the name of the land of the Hobbits of the land Hobbits live.
Speaker 4: In the Shire?
Speaker 2: That is correct?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: And ask Mitch what cream stands for? C R E A M. His was so much easier U c R E A M. Yes, creams it's not healthy. R stands for rap no no.
Speaker 1: Then I guess.
Speaker 4: Okay, the C is cash. Does that help cash?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: So what's something that starts with R that is desirable?
Speaker 5: It is it?
Speaker 2: It's a statement about cash cash. They I think they're pro cash.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, I'll give you the R movie.
Speaker 2: I will give you the R Okay. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Cash rules Yeah.
Speaker 2: I told you it would rules everyone everyone everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cash rules.
Speaker 2: Everything, and.
Speaker 5: Cash rules everything around Yes, cash rules everything around me.
Speaker 4: Remember of the mark at the end of Cash rules everything.
Speaker 2: Around me, everything around me? Y'all, y'all shocked?
Speaker 4: I got the.
Speaker 1: Pro cat definitely bro cash.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Fantastic email. Jerry also adds push GB kids Jerry in Wisconsin, Thanks so much, Jerry. Uh, next email, I forgot their name here High High Bombers. So if all through a friend's porch last week and blew my knee out. Because of the way my home is set up, gaming has been pretty difficult. So do I buy a PlayStation portal a Steam Deck? Do I suck it up and wait for the switch too? I have some rch or handhelds, but I'm starting to think I'm missing out on the modern market.
Speaker 2: Ps. Please check out your flimsy porch boards for me, it's like, you know, Steam deck or a sus Roger ally, which everyone like, fits better with your library. If you have a lot of like game pass games and stuff like that, you want to do that than the Roger if you want to do a lot of emulation. I think it's just so easy to set up on the Steam Deck that I would probably go in that direction, and then you could stream stuff to CHIACKI from your PlayStation, so you don't need a portal. That oled screen looks so good. Yeah I would. I would. I would hop on this. See they're gonna have a new steam Deck probably next year maybe, but your Steam Deck's still going to be great. You'll get a lot of value out of that over the next year or so. So yeah, I would get that. I do too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I saw someone Chad say, don't get the PlayStation portal as your only handheld. I agree with that. That's gonna limit you in a way the others won't. Also, the switch to will but if you're a big Nintendo fan, that might, you know, override the rest. But the Steam decads is the most versatile.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Yep, agreed, Agreed, all right. Next email comes from Brock from Toronto, Ontario. They write in about best co op games. Hey, Bomber's longtime listener. After listening to the Revengeance on Friday of the Mount rushmore of co op, I would like to add one of my favorite co op games, Gauntlet Dark Legacy for the original Xbox featured four player cop in which each player chose a different class to play as. My question is, have any of you played it or remember playing this? Do you think it should make the Mount rushmore?
Speaker 4: Wouldn't just it was an update of Gauntlet Legacy, right.
Speaker 2: For our Legacy or Gauntlet Legends. What was the name of that one?
Speaker 4: Legends? Yeah, expansion of Gauntlet Legends, which that one was honestly for cast.
Speaker 2: It was great, It was great. It's so so much time, right, that.
Speaker 4: Did that come out around the same time as the first Tony Hawk, because I remember debating, like, you know, I had enough money to buy one game, and I was like, all right, do I want to get Gauntlet or do I want to get Tony Hawk? And I remember thinking, like, four player Gauntlet sounds great, and then I just got bored of it quick and returned it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a it's a rental game. Right at the Gaunton Legends was always let's rent this, have a weekend where we just crush it, pizza, Coca cola, and then return out and then you write it again, you know, a year later.
Speaker 4: Yep ye.
Speaker 5: Speaking of like early three sixty games gating very similar to this that I liked a lot. Was that first Marvel Ultimate Line.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Actually, Legends one and two were on the original Xbox, and three sixty was Ultimate Alliance, Aultman Alliance two. Suck to ask for That first one was fun?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, the second one just didn't hit as much, but the first one was super fun and just very easy pick up.
Speaker 2: And everyone loves Ultimate Alliance three on the Nintendo Switch.
Speaker 4: I forgot that. I forgot three. Yeah, it looked like shit. I remember like fine, but it it's all right, okay, all right.
Speaker 1: Next email comes from Willow in This is about Mike Manatti and the tuba lore. Hey there, Willow from Cleveland here. I heard on the last BombCast that Mike played tuba in high school. I also played tuba in school for seven years. I played that monstrosity in marching band and regular band. However, I also made sure to branch out by playing upright bass in jazz jazz band plus electric bass and pet band in show choir. I even did some singing in regular choir. What musical extracurricular talents did y'all get up to in middle school? In a high school Love you all, ps. I really tried to get my band director to let me play the Moog synthesizer in pet band. He refused vehemently.
Speaker 2: Alto saxophone.
Speaker 4: I've talked about it before, Sambademigo, that's it for me.
Speaker 5: My brother who also did tubea and my one friend who did to did the whole. Hey, I was gonna do jazz band and play bass in that because he kind of transferred in certain ways.
Speaker 4: I never I was never going to the guitar like instruments. Never could really get a handle on any of that stuff.
Speaker 5: So our marching band program was very big where I was at that time, Like we had like the school was maybe six hundred kids, but the marching band was somehow three hundreds. So it was just this massive percentage of people were in the marching band with this big deal. It was a cultural thing there. So that alone was took up a lot of time doing all the marching and the console stuff and whatnot.
Speaker 1: I like I mentioned earlier on this podcast, I picked up a ukulele because of Explosion Man. I also learned to play the banjo and I would still be playing the banjo if my friend did not sit on the banjo and break the neck of it. He never he never offered to pay pay me back for it to replace the banjo.
Speaker 2: What the hell, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Oh, all right, let's go with three more emails. Happy GDC week to those that celebrate. Thank you for visiting my city. This email is about GDC. Comes from Sean from Philly. Hello, Bombers. I'm going to my first GDC this week, and I was wondering if you have any advice for a first timer. I can only make the career Day on Friday, and as crazy as it may sound, I truly do want to work in this industry parentheses, even with everything the past few years have been any general advice, is it weird to be networking there? Should? I just go with the flow, have fun, visit booths that interest me. I've got a few speaker sessions scheduled and speed networking, but was also hoping for any perspective you guys can give thanks and hope you all have a great week. Sean for Philly ps go birds.
Speaker 5: It's the most networking of these conference. Yeah, don't feel bad about networking there at all. That's kind of the whole point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And like you know, I think the way you make that happen is people do have booths, and so go talk to them and get them some of your time, and then once they like it's okay to be transactional at a thing like GDC, everyone's pain to be there. They know what the score is. So if you go there and like listen to their pitch for their thing and be like, that's really cool. I think that's really fascinating. I have some questions. Here's my angle of trying to get into this industry, Do you have any recommendations for me? And they'll want to talk about their experience because they know why you're there and they want to help it. That's the whole point. So don't be shy about that stuff. Try to look for some mixers. If there's people you only recognize from you know, being online or from podcasts or from Twitter or from videos, go say hi, I tell them you like their stuff, and see if they're willing to give you some of their time. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. But everyone knows the whole point of being there, so it's okay to try to network.
Speaker 4: I always thought so weird of GDC, even when I went to lived in San Francisco, I never went to It's not it's not our thing. That's the thing that I never understood, like media people going out there, because it's like this isn't for us, this is for developers.
Speaker 2: Like I wanted to developers like networking, even even with media. But I definitely had that same sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like I was encroaching, and I I just never wanted to go again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there would be some good retro game like retrospectives or panels like that.
Speaker 4: I want to enjoy some of the talks. But yeah, personally it was never mye I.
Speaker 2: Was kind of wis was going this year? MVG is like if we're showing off the stuff with with Kroc and a bunch of with the Bubbsy stuff, and then he's like, I'll show it to you ready to go? I know you're the Bubbsy guy, like.
Speaker 4: All the grateful dead around, You're gonna be like that for Bubbsy.
Speaker 2: It seems like that. Yeah, And now I'm like, I would love to see MVG, but I just passed it off to Tam and hopefully Tam gets to see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Grev said, if you recognize anyone walking around, perhaps you listen to a podcast of sorts that they do. Go If they're not, If they don't look like they're rushing to a meeting, yes, maybe stop them chat whatever. If they do look like they are sweating bullets trying to speed walk to a meeting, yeah, you can just wave high or whatever and that should be fine. Also, as a as a local here, do not hang around the Moscone Center if you want cool SF stuff, because it's not cool SF stuff over there. It's real tourist trappy, hop on bart or hop in away Mo, the cars that drive themselves. Go over to Valencia Street and have the time of your life.
Speaker 2: I say, just stay in that park outside the Mosconey Center and wait for Jonathan Blow to start doing taichi. You're gonna have a real good time.
Speaker 1: All right, We have a last We have a last minute email here. Okay, all right, should Nicky and Jen do a GDC meetup? NICKI say, yes, that ain't my time. I this Oh god, with the power block, I don't have time for anything. But yeah we could put that together. That'd be fun. Yeah yeah, maybe we'll just have to get together outside of my apartment.
Speaker 2: There you go. Yeah the taco truck.
Speaker 1: Oh god, yeah you know, yeah, that'd be great. All right, last two emails here. Nikki is now saying no, no, I don't know, we.
Speaker 2: Can't maybe no, we can't do it at your house.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, fine, fine, I'll just drop some GPS coordinates and throw it into your Google Mac maps. Folks, also avoid the Marina. The Marina is fucking trash, all right, It's just nothing but the worst people go there. Go to Valencia, go to the dog patch, say hi to barber Jan for me.
Speaker 2: It'll be great.
Speaker 4: Last time the family Museum in the that's yes.
Speaker 1: Avoid the marina, but go there to the presidio. Oh right. Last two emails of the show. This one comes from Travis in Fargo. What would you do for real if there was a snake in your boot that boots so far away?
Speaker 2: I would retrieve the snake and put the boot on.
Speaker 4: Retrieve the snake. No, I'm with Mike. I would just throw it off a cliff.
Speaker 2: Retrieve the snake.
Speaker 4: I don't like snakes. Yeah, no, thanks. Sometimes crazy ever, like you're walking on a path or something and you just see a snake and like there was a thing of where your brain is just like it's some primal things, Like you just feel it shivered throughout your body and just like you know, jolt away, Like I'll do that sometimes in a running.
Speaker 2: I'm that way with spiders. Yes, spiders are like my primal brain. It's like, hey, these things killed one of your ancestors, and your fear kept them lie at.
Speaker 5: Our ancestors die from this that we have been selected to be afraid of listening to those instincts exactly.
Speaker 2: Yes, I had a fraid of Costa Rica, who was like, oh, that's a colorful snake and picked it up. It's like, oh no, that's those are the ones you're supposed to avoid. The more colorful means the more dangerous because they don't need camouflage for some reason. I wonder what that reason could be. And so yeah, she got bit and got poisoned and had to like go and they're like, yeah, you're lucky you didn't like leave the country because we only had the antidote here.
Speaker 1: Oh Jesus. I had to run in with a snake one time in the Mojave Desert. The snake lost.
Speaker 2: I won. I'll just leave it at that. Okay.
Speaker 4: My grandma used to cut their heads off with a shovel. Sure, yeah, I saw grandma going in the backyard of the shovel. I kne there's gonna be headless snake soon.
Speaker 2: Yes, snake wackon day.
Speaker 4: Yeah for a snakehead No, just killing the snake. Yeah, you don't do it the head. I'm making a necklace out of it, so I don't know you just like the neighbor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Last email of the show comes from Rebecca in the UK. Dear Bomb Petty and The Heartbreakers. I recently started following many of the crew on the Letterbox because I just can't get enough of y'all's opinions. And this got me thinking about what else the letterbox format could be turned too. If you could create your own version of logging other activities, what would it be? Theme park rides, cigarette brands. Personally, I'm trying to see more art Mona, Lisa Michaelangelo's David on My Watch List, brands, The night Watch, four Stars, Death Triangle, Rebecca from the UK.
Speaker 4: There's already a theme park version.
Speaker 5: It's called log Ride, So like, yeah, almost anything you can imagine, there's some variation of this at this point.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I would. I would do it for gas stations and gas station food that's good, yeah, or the the Costanza app where I would do it for public bathrooms. Yeah, I would like rate every public bathroom I was in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they have ones like that for like cocktails and stuff like as you try ones and rank them and stuff like that. Sure, I mean there's a ton for beer app or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do have one for coffee as well, just.
Speaker 4: A soda one. There must be that. I think that'd be fun to soda influencer.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, you might give her a cheer wine.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, I see it all over the place, Like, yeah, I'd rather have a good like root beer. If you're going to get a somewhat crafty soda thing.
Speaker 2: Sure we have a root beer from a keg like tap tap keg is very good.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Oh yeah that or even like a like you know, what's what's your local grape soda?
Speaker 2: That's sure? Yeah, give me that.
Speaker 1: Al right, folks. That about does it for emails this week.
Speaker 2: Wait real quick, the purple stuff in the sunny D commercial, right, the purple stuff that.
Speaker 5: Was just grape soda, right, yeah, pretty much, or some kind of grape drink. It might not have been so because uh.
Speaker 2: It was like a jug. Okay, just a grape drink.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's carbonated. It's just grape.
Speaker 5: Could have been purple drinks way better than Sunny D.
Speaker 4: I want the purple stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give me the purple stuff fan test stick.
Speaker 1: All right, folks. That does it for emails, and that does for the show. We got a bunch of stuff popping off on the power Block this week. After the BombCast wraps around twelve noon Pacific, time. Sean will be streaming Assassin's Creed Shadows tomorrow through Friday, game break news popping off Wednesday, Thursday, Friday tomorrow. We're actually pushing back game breaking news by an hour.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm so sorry, Dan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just hoping it's short.
Speaker 2: It's a high possibility.
Speaker 4: Controller it could be just eight days. Jeff could be playing a Blake.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't. I don't think it's more than one episode. He's ready, Yeah, I have my stuff, I think, Yeah, I think I know the game what it is.
Speaker 1: Really, it's like a huh okay as well grubs gimmicks. Tomorrow we're gonna thirty three Immortals, thirty three player cooperative Rogue Light.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna play it for only only about an hour tomorrow, so like, let's get going right away. If anyone wants to hop in, just hop in. I'll try to get some people from the crew, but we'll have spaces left over if anyone else is going to get that game. I think it's on game Pass, although I think I'll be playing the Epic Games version, although I hope it has crossplave. It's gonna have thirty three player multiplayer, so yeah, we'll try that out.
Speaker 4: John says, you do, I have a party of four?
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, Well we'll have our party of four. And whoever, if there's a way to like to like join us with your party of four, I have no idea. I'm gonna play it some today and find out.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, fantastic, And as Dan was eluding, his turn at the Blightening Round starts tomorrow. Gosh, I just now, I'm just craving some Reese's pieces. All of a sudden, I think I don't.
Speaker 4: Know anyone to fix that craving for myself.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow Thursday, the Game spot Show continues, as well as a voicemail dump truck. This Friday, we have a special guest joining us for BombCast for Vengeance to chat about his new book. Mike Drucker is hitting the pod.
Speaker 4: I can't say I am about halfway through that book right now. It's the funniest shit. I'm just like, it is the most relatable shit ever is if you grew up loving video games as a kid. And he's just an incredible comedy writer. I cannot say enough about this book.
Speaker 2: It's fantas I preordered it right away. I got the hardcover version coming my way once. It's SARTs ship and I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 4: I was reading or I was playing Mortal Kombat for the game Boy last night because he talked about how terrible it was, and I had no idea how bad that first.
Speaker 2: It sucks? Ass.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, Friday, you do Mount rushmore of first levels?
Speaker 2: Do that? Sure? I love that? Sure, let's do it. Oh yeah, yeah upf This week will be Thug Pro. That's right.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get the skating as well as a game Spot after dark to close off the week. Nicky is gonna be in town for GDC, and I live here and I have a pass to GDC. Maybe Nicky and I will get down to something. Who knows what I get to figure out. I could barely walk today. I'm gonna take an obscene amount of Advil and tigerbaumb for my back. But tomorrow, folks.
Speaker 2: Case making those illegals, So do it now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh god, I don't want to go to the farm yet. Tomorrow at nine am, the Game Spot team is dropping the Stalker to documentary. A lot of time has gone into this. Uh, the team has been working obscenely hard. I suggest you go check it out. It is good stuff. Roughly about like forty or so minutes. So that's why we are pushing back game breaking news to give that some time to breathe, folks. Anything else popping off this week, I think that's it.
Speaker 2: I think I think it's everything.
Speaker 1: Yeahjo next week, Smojo next week.
Speaker 2: And you mentioned, you know Seawann's doing Assasin's Creed here in a little bit, we're gonna be doing that. I think the top of the hour. You said, top of the hour. There you go.
Speaker 1: So uh, folks will just have to hang out for about thirty or so minutes after this wraps, and then Sean is going to guide you through Assassin's Creed Shadows. Folks. He's been Mike, he's been Dan, He he has been Jeff Grubb, I've been Jane, and you have been doing great. Make sure to go water your plants. Go shift them to the east side window of your house so that gets a little bit more sun today. We love you. We'll see you next week for or another shautions Creed ashautis Creed and Beautiful. We'll see next week for another episode of the Time podcast. Be