Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust. It's a thirty five, and we're blessed to have the Bartlesville Choir in here today. And when I say Bartlesville, it's because we've got Bartlesville High School Jazz Choir and we've got some members of the middle school choirs here with us too. Don't ask us how we got us all into this tiny little room and how we're all fitting on your dashboard while you're driving into work, but we did it. Hey, good morning. How's everybody doing well? Great? The voices are in perfect pitch. Oh my goodness sakes. Now, let's start out here with riker, birch Riker. That's what we've got going on. We've got a big concert coming.
Speaker 2: Up, so Tuesday the seventeenth, we have a choir concert that is at the Particville High School Fine Arts Center. And this concert is real special because we are combining middle school and high school at this concert.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, this is great. Now I understand. We have Evelyn Miller here. You're what grade? Are you in? Six? Sixth grade? So you get to kind of hang out with all the big high school kids now. Kind of groovy, huh. I don't know if anybody knows what groovy means these days. Brian, you too? Where are you from? What school? You were in? Madison? You got to talk louder here, folks, I see you're at Madison. Okay? Great? And this is kind of fun too, isn't it? Well? Great? Super? Now I want to get to Ava here. Ava. You've got a little list of the songs, don't you. I do. Yes.
Speaker 3: We'll be singing lots of fun classics like rocking around the Christmas Tree and Mary did you know? But there's also a few special ones in there that are less classic and more just getting us into the season.
Speaker 1: So it'll be really great. Now, Mackenzie, you're just back to smiling that up. You know this is gonna be a great show, don't you. Yes, it is.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be very great. I'm so excited to sing with all the middle schoolers and just have a great time.
Speaker 1: Well, now, how long you been doing this?
Speaker 4: Since elementary? For a long time?
Speaker 1: Just like this? Geez? You guys following a pretty good footsteps here with these three bigger kids right now, This is gonna be a lot of fun. Now, what is the cost to get in? Is it? It's free admission? Really? All this festive been frawley and great sound of music.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be free, all of our talent and it's free.
Speaker 1: I got an agent you kids need to talk to. But anyway, this is really something else. How long have you been working on this?
Speaker 4: Oh, for a long time. We've been working on several different pieces of music. We've had tons of runout gigs for jazz, so we've been working on Christmas music since like November.
Speaker 1: Alright, Ryan, how about you and in your group? How how how long you been working on it? Here?
Speaker 4: Not very hard?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness saying so you're gonna toss some surprises our way. Huh, it'll be good. It'll be good. What about you Central?
Speaker 5: I think has been working on it since like right after our fall concerts, which I honestly could not remember when it was sometime in October?
Speaker 1: Uh huh. So you you're pretty confident you're ready to go, aren't you. Yeah, You're gonna be singing with your big brother, aren't you. Yeah, this is the first time you two have done this. So well, this is gonna be kind of cool. Yeah, look as you're taking it all in stride and it's no big, it's nothing big. We're just gonna go out there. We're just gonna slay the audience. It's gonna be wonderful. Don't you just love her confidence? Yes, Now, of the songs that are coming up with the high school choir, did you say it's going to be the biggest challenge for you as a vocalist?
Speaker 3: Probably, Mary, did you know, because it's such a quiet song, and we as a choir loves to sing loud, and so it's sometimes hard to rein it back and sing like this beautiful, peaceful song. So that'll probably be the hardest for us. But we've got all the notes down. It's just the volume.
Speaker 1: What's going to be the most fun.
Speaker 4: Oh, for Jos's definitely rocking around the Christmas tree.
Speaker 1: We never gets hold, It never gets hold, No, it doesn't. It's a fun song. It's a lively song. I think I was telling the students earlier that the lady who did that song, original lady is Brenda Lee And yeah, yesterday she turned eighty And it's one of the most played records ever with the female voice for the holiday. It is the as a matter of fact. And you know what she says, she doesn't care. She just likes the song, likes singing it. You know, she's been singing, believe it or not, to be the big singer when she was fifteen. So well, it's gonna fit your your your your level just just right here now the big stage. Now I have to ask you right and you ever, that stage is huge. You're ready for it. You're ready for it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, done it before?
Speaker 1: Oh you did? So you're not a rookie. You're not a rookie anymore. You're a big timer. What about you?
Speaker 5: I think it's gonna be pretty easy. This is it's gonna be a little difficult trying to fit all of the high school and the middle school.
Speaker 1: That's right, because we're all gonna be very close and like crammed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've already made a plan, like for all the mappings.
Speaker 1: Like I said, confident, you've got a plan. We've got it mapped. Everybody's going to take a bath. So no, there's gonna be no surprises there. That why that's going to be fun. And again the.
Speaker 3: Date, it's the seventeenth, at seven pm at the high school.
Speaker 1: All right, well, this is gonna be a lot of fun. Does it put you in a more of a festive moon?
Speaker 4: Oh for sure. I've been saying Christmas song since like July, with all the choir songs.
Speaker 1: I'm ready for it, you and what about you? Writer?
Speaker 2: Normally Christmas sneaks up on me, but I think I'm ready for it this year.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're you're ready to go. She's she's got the list. Of course, she's ready to go. My goodness, you too. Overhear the two most prepared. I swear of goodness. And how about a shout out to your teachers? Who's putting this all together? Here?
Speaker 3: So our lovely director, Director Tamra Walker, she's the best. And then we have our assistant director Arnold, missus Arnold, And then we have our pianist, Jan Watt. They're all amazing. And then we have Miss Pattison from the middle school who comes and helps us out.
Speaker 5: And then little teachers, Miss Long Miss Shaw Carter Wells helps out. He's like a.
Speaker 4: Little he little I've seen him, Yeah, he's one of ours.
Speaker 5: And our pianist is Ben Paul's.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, it's so great. You got to like a whole community.
Speaker 3: We have a whole team, and they're phenomenal. They're awesome.
Speaker 1: You know, I've seen the teachers and your company. They never sleep. I got the feeling that they really just don't rest much. They're always wrangling kids and getting everybody to it from now, you've got a few performances. What today? Yes, yes, we're going.
Speaker 4: We have two gigs today.
Speaker 1: One gigs I like it, all right, go ahead.
Speaker 4: We have one of them all for the Cultures Club, and then we have one out of church for retired teachers. So Jos is going to go sing for them and sing a couple of songs and just have fun.
Speaker 1: Well, there you go, he's going to school. I mean, they come out of what I'm oh. Yeah, But it's a lot of fun. You get a lot of real world experience when you do that, and with different audiences too. So if you're planning on doing this a little bit later on in life, you know, get ready because you got to keep hopping, You got to keep moving, you know what I mean. You know what I'm saying. You got to be in the crow. I want to thank you all for coming in and again it's it's going to be on the seventeenth at seven o'clock BHS Fine Arts Center. Done cost a dime, but I encourage you to bring your applause, yes, and stand while you're doing it, because they need the standing ovation they deserve. It's hard work going into it. I want to thank you all for coming in today, especially two youngsters here. I know it was a little tough getting in here, but my golly, it's great to have you on board and you pros you come back again. Okay, yeah, alrighty. Thank you. You have been watching and listening to our community connection